There is no Fire and Ice. There is only the Force.

Page 2 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: There is no Fire and Ice. There is only the Force.

Post by Psyckosama on Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:59 pm

Rieverre wrote:"I'm sorry, you're nowhere near pretty enough to see my cock," I deadpan back.

More laughter. You even get a friendly punch in the shoulder.

Shrug. "Ancient order of mystical warriors." Hey, it's essentially the truth.

"So that sword really is magic..."

"Why the bloody hell didn't you use it?"

"The important bit being that I don't need to sacrifice babies to my god or anything of the like. Unless by baby you mean bottles of wine and by god you mean my liver."

The merchant stands up and says. "Well, as long as you keep fighting like that you can have all the bloody wine you want!"

Psyckosama
Admin

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:11 pm

Psyckosama wrote:"So that sword really is magic..."

"Why the bloody hell didn't you use it?"

I shrug. "Unarmored savages. I didn't particularly need to in order to make good time."

That and it would be sort of like going straight for the nuclear option, but I'm not about to say that.

"And strictly speaking, it's not really magic for anyone other than myself. Anyone else picks it up, it's just a pretty sturdy and sharp blade. For me though ..." I slip my foot underneath a discarded wildling weapon and flip it into the air ... then bisect its blade and sheathe my weapon in one blindingly-fast motion. "That's for if they had been wearing armor."

The merchant stands up and says. "Well, as long as you keep fighting like that you can have all the bloody wine you want!"

Truly, the soul of generosity.

Regardless, time to loot the bodies and split the take, then we can move on.

Last edited by Rieverre on Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:12 pm

Ignore this. Double post.

Last edited by Rieverre on Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WatcherVoid on Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:12 pm

Psyckosama wrote:Well, you could always requisition some supplies from the local bandit populations... :p

Yeah! Those guys are so awesome, their always willing to let you borrow their stuff without having to ever give it back. Wink

Note to self see if there's any bounties on them too.

"Only town worth a damn in the entire Gift, new and old, is Mole Town. Bloody hell, how long have you been wanderin' in the bloody woods?"

This might not be the wisest but lets go for gold.

" No, while i don't quite remember the name i was last in that doesn't sound like it. But were i to guess based on how many times the sun rose and fell, two months at least.

Reminds me i need to also stock back up on supplies, which way would this Mole town be? I'd like to resupply and see if there are any bounties i can collect before i start heading for warmer lands. "
WatcherVoid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:32 pm

Rieverre wrote:I shrug. "Unarmored savages. I didn't particularly need to in order to make good time."

"Yeah, but might of scared them off..."

That and it would be sort of like going straight for the nuclear option, but I'm not about to say that.

Heh.

"And strictly speaking, it's not really magic for anyone other than myself. Anyone else picks it up, it's just a pretty sturdy and sharp blade. For me though ..." I slip my foot underneath a discarded wildling weapon and flip it into the air ... then bisect its blade and sheathe my weapon in one blindingly-fast motion. "That's for if they had been wearing armor."

There's a blur of blue light and the sword hits the ground. It's cheap iron but its cut in half like it was made of butter.

One of them looks at the cut and there's a long and awkward pause.

"Um, next time Ser, please use that sword..."

Truly, the soul of generosity.

Heh.

Regardless, time to loot the bodies and split the take, then we can move on.

After a moments negotiation, and considering you killed all the dead, you get the take. Not that its much but... roll a d10

WatcherVoid wrote:Yeah! Those guys are so awesome, their always willing to let you borrow their stuff without having to ever give it back. Wink

Sadly most bandits around here are wildlings who don't have much cash.

Note to self see if there's any bounties on them too.

Not really because the watch is expected to take care of them and they don't exactly... pay much.

This might not be the wisest but lets go for gold.

" No, while i don't quite remember the name i was last in that doesn't sound like it. But were i to guess based on how many times the sun rose and fell, two months at least.

"You've been wandering around in the fucking woods for 2 fucking months?!"

Reminds me i need to also stock back up on supplies, which way would this Mole town be? I'd like to resupply and see if there are any bounties i can collect before i start heading for warmer lands. "

The point.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:43 pm

Psyckosama wrote:"Yeah, but might of scared them off..."

True enough.

There's a blur of blue light and the sword hits the ground. It's cheap iron but its cut in half like it was made of butter.

One of them looks at the cut and there's a long and awkward pause.

"Um, next time Ser, please use that sword..."

"Fine, fine, I'll use the glowy 'here I am please try to kill me' sword next time."

After a moments negotiation, and considering you killed all the dead, you get the take. Not that its much but... roll a d10

Generous soul that I am, if it's a fair enough amount drinks are on me next time. Or at least the first round.

Last edited by Rieverre on Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:44 pm

board weirdness. Roll didn't trigger. rolling again.
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dice Bot on Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:44 pm

The member 'Rieverre' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd10' : 7

Dice Bot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WatcherVoid on Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:46 pm

Psyckosama wrote:"You've been wandering around in the fucking woods for 2 fucking months?!"

" When i said aimless, i wasn't joking about a poor sense of direction. " Adding to what i said i mix it with shrugging my shoulders.

The point.

With directions in hand it's time to bid these fellows and head over to mole town to try and cheat some money out of someone to get a meal and see what options i can find in town that would let me head south.
WatcherVoid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:05 pm

Rieverre wrote:board weirdness. Roll didn't trigger. rolling again.

You might want to look back at your post... it's just a quote of my previous one...

WatcherVoid wrote:" When i said aimless, i wasn't joking about a poor sense of direction. " Adding to what i said i mix it with shrugging my shoulders.

They're pretty dumbfounded and share a WTF look with oneanother.

With directions in hand it's time to bid these fellows and head over to mole town to try and cheat some money out of someone to get a meal and see what options i can find in town that would let me head south.
It's a small, shitty town that's bascally a brothel and some trade caravans. A very pitiful stop for servings the nights watch.

As for going south, you could just start along the king's road. Or try and join a caravan.

Honestly if this town has an abundance of anything its ways out because that's where everyone wants to go.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:38 pm

Psyckosama wrote:You might want to look back at your post... it's just a quote of my previous one...

Edited. My bad, no idea how I missed that.
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WatcherVoid on Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:05 pm

Psyckosama wrote:It's a small, shitty town that's bascally a brothel and some trade caravans. A very pitiful stop for servings the nights watch.

As for going south, you could just start along the king's road. Or try and join a caravan.

Honestly if this town has an abundance of anything its ways out because that's where everyone wants to go.

I'll sign up with a caravan as a guard at least until the beginnings of more populated area's maybe further. While i certainly could just start walking it would be by far preferable to have some coin in my pocket by the time i reach where bandits and the various scum no one will miss would have some coin to fund my habits and travels.

Also while am here might as well see if i can find a bath or get clean as once the caravans off it's probably going to be a while until another chance arrives.
WatcherVoid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:07 am

Rieverre wrote:"Fine, fine, I'll use the glowy 'here I am please try to kill me' sword next time."

"Ser... I think they would have run at just the sight of the blade..."

Generous soul that I am, if it's a fair enough amount drinks are on me next time. Or at least the first round.

You find about 7 stags worth of loot in various coins and trinkets.

WatcherVoid wrote:I'll sign up with a caravan as a guard at least until the beginnings of more populated area's maybe further.

Well, it's a buyers market and the best offer you get is pretty much food and a place by the fire as they travel.

While i certainly could just start walking it would be by far preferable to have some coin in my pocket by the time i reach where bandits and the various scum no one will miss would have some coin to fund my habits and travels.

True that.

Also while am here might as well see if i can find a bath or get clean as once the caravans off it's probably going to be a while until another chance arrives.

Not without coin.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:44 am

Psyckosama wrote:"Ser... I think they would have run at just the sight of the blade..."

"I suppose I'm just used to a somewhat more dangerous type of enemy."

You find about 7 stags worth of loot in various coins and trinkets.

Should be enough for a round of drinks at the next tavern with a decent amount left over. Anyway, let's move on. Same as before for the most part, including helping the guards shape up in the mornings.

It's going to be a boring few days/weeks until we hit Winterfell.
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WatcherVoid on Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:21 pm

Psyckosama wrote:Well, it's a buyers market and the best offer you get is pretty much food and a place by the fire as they travel.

Excellent. Now to kill the remaining time until we leave, I'll test out unarmed forms using my enhanced speed and strength in private. There is after all some charm in breaking a mans arm, throwing his weapon into one of his buddies before using said man to beat another motherfucker.

More publicly I'd be willing to spare unarmed against other caravan guards without overwhelmingly obvious super strength, far strong than i look, yes as full 'you dun goofed' mode can wait for actual battle. And my force sword can wait for more armored enemies.

Not without coin.

Hmm, could just see about finding a basin and water myself then heating it using the swiss army knife that is the force to heat it.
WatcherVoid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:33 am

Psyckosama wrote:"How the blood hell do you get lost up here? You're 15 bloody miles from Castle black. It's not like there's much of anything up these ways."

I waved my hand, "A storm came up and I lost my way." Lowering my hand, "But thank you for telling me where I am. Could you show me the way to castle black? I've wanted to visit it since I have heard of it."
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:43 am

Rieverre wrote:"I suppose I'm just used to a somewhat more dangerous type of enemy."

"Like what? Dragons and Others?"

Seriously, magical cuts through iron like butter sword is fucking scary

Should be enough for a round of drinks at the next tavern with a decent amount left over.

That'll be a while... not much up here.

Anyway, let's move on. Same as before for the most part, including helping the guards shape up in the mornings.

:p

It's going to be a boring few days/weeks until we hit Winterfell.

Oh yes... and roll 2d100

WatcherVoid wrote:Excellent. Now to kill the remaining time until we leave, I'll test out unarmed forms using my enhanced speed and strength in private. There is after all some charm in breaking a mans arm, throwing his weapon into one of his buddies before using said man to beat another motherfucker.

Thankfully its only a couple days. Most people don't want to stay up here any time.

As for your physicality. You're not really super human strength, but you're insanely fast, can fortify your body with the force enough that you'd only be staggered by impacts that would pulp most, and you can basically use your environment as a weapon in that you're a human catapult and you live in a world made out of ammunition...

More publicly I'd be willing to spare unarmed against other caravan guards without overwhelmingly obvious super strength, far strong than i look, yes as full 'you dun goofed' mode can wait for actual battle. And my force sword can wait for more armored enemies.

You kick some asses.

Hmm, could just see about finding a basin and water myself then heating it using the swiss army knife that is the force to heat it.

The swiss army knife doesn't have heat like a normal lightsaber.

That said, for sake of argument, you do get a couple coins for a bath by some creative wagering (creative as in Force + Dice Games).

Brian Boru wrote:I waved my hand, "A storm came up and I lost my way."  Lowering my hand, "But thank you for telling me where I am.  Could you show me the way to castle black?  I've wanted to visit it since I have heard of it."

They share a look. "And you survived a storm in that? Well, we'll show you but don't be shocked if they don't ask you to join."

"Don't join."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:52 am

Psyckosama wrote:They share a look. "And you survived a storm in that? Well, we'll show you but don't be shocked if they don't ask you to join."

"Don't join."

At there looks I shrug, "Well lets just say the cold never really gets to me. I'm resilient like that. But that doesn't really matter, lead on my good men. Onwards to Castle Black."

I immediately start walking quickly and purposefully, shifting the direction I'm going if they tell me I'm going the wrong way with a, "Thank you my good men. I would be helpless without you."
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:58 am

Brian Boru wrote:At there looks I shrug, "Well lets just say the cold never really gets to me.  I'm resilient like that.  But that doesn't really matter, lead on my good men.  Onwards to Castle Black."

Mmm... much hatred you sense. Yes.

I immediately start walking quickly and purposefully, shifting the direction I'm going if they tell me I'm going the wrong way with a, "Thank you my good men.  I would be helpless without you."

You hear a mutter about about leaving and wildlings.

And within a couple hours you do make it to Castle Black

You see them talk to someone at the gates for a moment and moments after a large bald with with a long white beard comes down and gives you a scathing look. "Who are you and why are you here? I doubt you've looking to join, and we are not a tavern, so out with it.."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:51 am

Psyckosama wrote:"Like what? Dragons and Others?"

Seriously, magical cuts through iron like butter sword is fucking scary

"Or comparable things you mostly take one look at and think they really need to be dealt with. That said, we're encouraged to go out into the world every now and again and, in places we're better known have been called on to call peacemaker before. For obvious reasons."

That'll be a while... not much up here.

Such is life, and all the more reason to head towards civilization.

Oh yes... and roll 2d100

*insert snowy travel montage here*

Also, rolling
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dice Bot on Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:51 am

The member 'Rieverre' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd100' : 59, 30

Dice Bot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WatcherVoid on Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:59 pm

Psyckosama wrote:Thankfully its only a couple days. Most people don't want to stay up here any time.

Can't help but agree, even with my ability to laugh at their frozen balls while being cozy as can be in a robe. Time to just wait for the trip to start or deal with any interruption in the time before we're off.

The swiss army knife doesn't have heat like a normal lightsaber.

That said, for sake of argument, you do get a couple coins for a bath by some creative wagering (creative as in Force + Dice Games)

Dice games and such were the second resort, not to mention i could easily have made some coin in the ass kicking i was handing out by betting on myself.
WatcherVoid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:37 pm

Rieverre wrote:"Or comparable things you mostly take one look at and think they really need to be dealt with. That said, we're encouraged to go out into the world every now and again and, in places we're better known have been called on to call peacemaker before. For obvious reasons."

There's a very awkward pause and you have a feeling you'll be the only one sleeping that night.

You just basically said there are things worse than others and dragons in the world... Wink

Such is life, and all the more reason to head towards civilization.

A yep.

*insert snowy travel montage here*

After what seems like another couple months (not really just felt like) you finally find that tavern... lets hadle that on its own for expediences sake

And about 3 days after that you get a feeling in the force and wave your hand, just in time for a half dozen arrows to clunk into trees.

BANDITS!

WatcherVoid wrote:Can't help but agree, even with my ability to laugh at their frozen balls while being cozy as can be in a robe.

How they feel about you in this moment Wink

Time to just wait for the trip to start or deal with any interruption in the time before we're off.

Well, you start moving no problem. At least not yet.

d100 please.

Dice games and such were the second resort, not to mention i could easily have made some coin in the ass kicking i was handing out by betting on myself.

Heh. Well, great minds. I savedyou the moment

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:07 pm

Psyckosama wrote:There's a very awkward pause and you have a feeling you'll be the only one sleeping that night.

You just basically said there are things worse than others and dragons in the world... Wink

... considering one of those is in camp with them, I don't much blame them.

After what seems like another couple months (not really just felt like) you finally find that tavern... lets hadle that on its own for expediences sake

And about 3 days after that you get a feeling in the force and wave your hand, just in time for a half dozen arrows to clunk into trees.

BANDITS!

... this again.

I might as well end it quickly as there's little call for subtlety. I reach out through the Force and bring the snow, needles and some smaller branches of the trees the bandits are hiding beneath down on top of them. Confused, with snow and foliage in their eyes and still dropping around them, they're hardly going to be in any kind of position to aim with any degree of effectiveness.

More than enough time to close with them and apprehend them ... or simply put them to the sword. Depends how stupid they are and how the situation develops.
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:32 pm

Rieverre wrote:... considering one of those is in camp with them, I don't much blame them.

Yeah. But having it pointed out there are things of horror in the world... forrealzies... doesn't help one sleep.

... this again.

You forgot the bar

I might as well end it quickly as there's little call for subtlety. I reach out through the Force and bring the snow, needles and some smaller branches of the trees the bandits are hiding beneath down on top of them. Confused, with snow and foliage in their eyes and still dropping around them, they're hardly going to be in any kind of position to aim with any degree of effectiveness.

A lot of spitting, cursing, and some of the brighter ones run for the hills. Others try and attack.

Seems to be about a dozen of 'em.

More than enough time to close with them and apprehend them ... or simply put them to the sword. Depends how stupid they are and how the situation develops.

The glowy magic sword. Most run like hell at the site of it. Seems that they were right, you only did need to show your bloody weapon.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WatcherVoid on Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:35 am

Psyckosama wrote:
Vid snip.

How they feel about you in this moment Wink

Come at me bro! Better put your money where your mouth is because i bet i can whoop your ass!

Love you guys too.

I also love your coin purses in how willingly you shell out in taking these suckers bets. Not that I'd say that aloud. pirat

Well, you start moving no problem. At least not yet.

d100 please.

So begins a long and toasty trip, with spare warmth generously donated from the radiating from the hate directed at me. Observe as i take the nightwatch at the coldest point in the night and still prove to be unflappable. All done while seemingly out actual volunteering.

What? Nooooo, am totally not rubbing it in anyone's face in order to dupe them into a suckers bet. Wink
WatcherVoid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dice Bot on Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:35 am

The member 'WatcherVoid' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd100' : 91

Dice Bot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:08 am

WatcherVoid wrote:Come at me bro! Better put your money where your mouth is because i bet i can whoop your ass!

Love you guys too.

I also love your coin purses in how willingly you shell out in taking these suckers bets. Not that I'd say that aloud. pirat

HA!

So begins a long and toasty trip, with spare warmth generously donated from the radiating from the hate directed at me. Observe as i take the nightwatch at the coldest point in the night and still prove to be unflappable. All done while seemingly out actual volunteering.

Honestly you probably are able to happily keep functioning on a couple hours of naptime a day if you so wish. And no matter what, you seem to be totally unflappable.

What? Nooooo, am totally not rubbing it in anyone's face in order to dupe them into a suckers bet.  Wink  

:p

Anyways... one morning you feel a chill in the air and get a somewhat grim feeling through the force. The sky is dark.

The Night's Watchman looks up and scowls. "Looks like snow..."

You have a very bad feeling about this...

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WatcherVoid on Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:28 am

Psyckosama wrote:Honestly you probably are able to happily keep functioning on a couple hours of naptime a day if you so wish. And no matter what, you seem to be totally unflappable.

Never hurts to have more hours in a day, unless you got nothing to do. Then it's just more hours spent bored. I'll certainly be making use of this.

Anyways... one morning you feel a chill in the air and get a somewhat grim feeling through the force. The sky is dark.

The Night's Watchman looks up and scowls. "Looks like snow..."

You have a very bad feeling about this...

On a scale of one to you asked for it buddy, you asked for it buddy.

" Means more work keeping an eye out for trouble as you'll only see it after it gets close rather than a distance. Go do a quick check of the camp and warm back up quick before coming back, a little snow is hardly brothers me. "

Right i got my subtle and petty cheap shoot in. As he leaves i extend my both my natural senses enhanced with the force and senses granted to me by the force to seek out the source of these feelings of trouble. Or to at least give me forewarning and blow their chances of getting the drop on me.

With the other watchman gone i lay my hand on the hilt of my force blade. No reason for the unflappable man to seem bothered when there's no clear trouble on the horizon.

But I've got the feeling it's going am going to need to use it rather than just beating my enemies unarmed for what may come this night.
WatcherVoid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:07 am

WatcherVoid wrote:Never hurts to have more hours in a day, unless you got nothing to do. Then it's just more hours spent bored. I'll certainly be making use of this.

So, what do you do? Meditate and do Jedi-y things?

On a scale of one to you asked for it buddy, you asked for it buddy.

Yep.

" Means more work keeping an eye out for trouble as you'll only see it after it gets close rather than a distance. Go do a quick check of the camp and warm back up quick before coming back, a little snow is hardly brothers me. "

The group is on the move.

And you start to get the feeling that this isn't going to be a "little" snow

Right i got my subtle and petty cheap shoot in. As he leaves i extend my both my natural senses enhanced with the force and senses granted to me by the force to seek out the source of these feelings of trouble. Or to at least give me forewarning and blow their chances of getting the drop on me.

The source of trouble is the big imposing storm front. Oh this shit's gonna get bad and you're a long way from any civilization...

With the other watchman gone i lay my hand on the hilt of my force blade. No reason for the unflappable man to seem bothered when there's no clear trouble on the horizon.

But I've got the feeling it's going am going to need to use it rather than just beating my enemies unarmed for what may come this night.

What comes that night isn't an enemy you can defeat with a sword. It's a literal wall of snow falling from the skies.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top