There is no Fire and Ice. There is only the Force.

Page 14 of 17 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: There is no Fire and Ice. There is only the Force.

Post by Psyckosama on Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:46 pm

Rieverre wrote:Yeah, once he's there skill-wise, Ned is going to make a damn good Jedi. Probably a lot better at the whole counseling and negotiation thing than I am.

Probably.

There's not going to be an instantaneous change in Jyll, but this should at least get her started on the road to getting there. Hmm ... I'll probably add some unarmed drills as well, particularly how one deals with grappling and the like. Being able to defend herself without using a weapon should be another bolster to her confidence. Granted, I might not be a master of Teras Kasi, but most Jedi, and especially the ones with a martial focus, end up getting some empty handed training, be it some of that or some Echani styles.

Actually, you are a master of Teras Kasi...

'sides, if 'my' adlibbed history is slowly becoming the truth somewhere, Mira traveled with Brianna and probably cross trained herself.

Aye. And then there's a Mandolorian shit.

I've been told that shifting paradigms without a clutch can hurt.

Yep.

I won't disturb her, but rather sit down in the next pew over give her the chance to gather her thoughts.

She's half-drink and praying.

Psyckosama
Admin

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:08 pm

Psyckosama wrote:Actually, you are a master of Teras Kasi...

Convenient. Let's go with that then. Hopefully between the positive reinforcement and training she'll build up some confidence in herself. Well, that and meditation, when she finally manages it, should help immensely. And Arya!interrupts if she backslides.

She's half-drink and praying.

Then I'll let her pray in peace rather than interrupting. The half-drunk part is worrying, but not overly so. Considering what she's likely thinking about, she has more than good reason to try and smooth out the rough edges of the world.
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:56 pm

Rieverre wrote:Convenient. Let's go with that then. Hopefully between the positive reinforcement and training she'll build up some confidence in herself. Well, that and meditation, when she finally manages it, should help immensely. And Arya!interrupts if she backslides.

Arya's main interupt is "Why aren't you teaching me that?"

She also bugs you in private to annoy sansa a bit. She needs to lean this too!

Then I'll let her pray in peace rather than interrupting. The half-drunk part is worrying, but not overly so. Considering what she's likely thinking about, she has more than good reason to try and smooth out the rough edges of the world.

She's... upset... and you feel a lot of disbelief and self-loathing.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:04 pm

Psyckosama wrote:Arya's main interupt is "Why aren't you teaching me that?"

And I'll start when they've gotten the basics for Form I down. A fair amount of the footwork crosses over, as does learning how to fall, but right now the fact of the matter is Jyll's got more time she can commit to learning since she doesn't have the others' duties.

She also bugs you in private to annoy sansa a bit. She needs to lean this too!

There's little appeal to it for her, though. I can only do so much if she doesn't wish to learn. There aren't exactly any parables that come to mind on the subject of how to make it an attractive prospect. In a lot of ways, Sansa is the perfect daughter for a nobleman in this day and age. About the only thing I could think of that would be impressive to her in that 'I want to learn that' way would be Arya showing how much more coordinated and graceful it's made her at dance.

She's... upset... and you feel a lot of disbelief and self-loathing.

"Would you like to talk about it? It might help."
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:06 am

Rieverre wrote:And I'll start when they've gotten the basics for Form I down. A fair amount of the footwork crosses over, as does learning how to fall, but right now the fact of the matter is Jyll's got more time she can commit to learning since she doesn't have the others' duties.

She pouts.

There's little appeal to it for her, though. I can only do so much if she doesn't wish to learn. There aren't exactly any parables that come to mind on the subject of how to make it an attractive prospect. In a lot of ways, Sansa is the perfect daughter for a nobleman in this day and age. About the only thing I could think of that would be impressive to her in that 'I want to learn that' way would be Arya showing how much more coordinated and graceful it's made her at dance.

"But she doesn't understand... there has to be some way you can translate this from... being 'real world' to..." she grimaces, "wherever Sansa's living."

"Would you like to talk about it? It might help."

You hear a mutter that sounds something like "I'm not a bad person."

Fear is the path to the Dark Side. Fear leads to Anger. Anger leads to hatred. Hatred leads to suffering.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:18 am

Psyckosama wrote:She pouts.

And it's adorable, but there's such a trying to pack too much into a day.

"But she doesn't understand... there has to be some way you can translate this from... being 'real world' to..." she grimaces, "wherever Sansa's living."

"You mean other than orchestrating a traumatic event out of which she comes out with mostly no harm but a profound desire to never be helpless again? Because we're not doing that," I grumble. "The main hurdle is Sansa not _wanting_ to learn. I could just insist on teaching her regardless, but that would just mean a resentful student. Normally? Not much of an issue. When learning to use the Force, it can become quite a large one."

'Course, this might end up changing if Cat gets her head on straight. Hopefully.

You hear a mutter that sounds something like "I'm not a bad person."

Fear is the path to the Dark Side. Fear leads to Anger. Anger leads to hatred. Hatred leads to suffering.

"No, but you have made some questionable choices, for which you had reasons. They might not have been good choices, but the reasons were ... understandable. Now that you've realized this, you can strive to be _better_. It's not going to be a simple or easy thing, but as a goal, I think it'll be worthwhile."
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:28 pm

Rieverre wrote:And it's adorable, but there's such a trying to pack too much into a day.

The girl obviously has found a Sith Holocron because she has just started using one of the deepest and darkest manipulation techniques known to the force...

the dreaded "Big Brown Baby Seal Eyes"... Puppy Dog Eyes have NOTHING on this dread technique...

"You mean other than orchestrating a traumatic event out of which she comes out with mostly no harm but a profound desire to never be helpless again? Because we're not doing that," I grumble. "The main hurdle is Sansa not _wanting_ to learn. I could just insist on teaching her regardless, but that would just mean a resentful student. Normally? Not much of an issue. When learning to use the Force, it can become quite a large one."

'Course, this might end up changing if Cat gets her head on straight. Hopefully.

She groans.

"No, but you have made some questionable choices, for which you had reasons. They might not have been good choices, but the reasons were ... understandable. Now that you've realized this, you can strive to be _better_. It's not going to be a simple or easy thing, but as a goal, I think it'll be worthwhile."

"Questionable." She laughs. Its full of self-depreciation. "If the boy is as loyal as you say then it's despite my every breath and action. There's nothing understandable about tormenting an innocent child, not even a bastard."

She looks at the statues. "I used to come here for solace. Now I can only see the Gods looking down on me with shame."

She stands up and starts for the door. "You can look into the hearts of others, Jedi. Protect my children... please."

She walks out.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:42 pm

Psyckosama wrote:The girl obviously has found a Sith Holocron because she has just started using one of the deepest and darkest manipulation techniques known to the force...

the dreaded "Big Brown Baby Seal Eyes"... Puppy Dog Eyes have NOTHING on this dread technique...

Headpat.

Hey, strength in all forms. Revanite, remember?

The way she's going, chances are I'll tell Arya _that_ story before too very long.

"Questionable." She laughs. Its full of self-depreciation. "If the boy is as loyal as you say then it's despite my every breath and action. There's nothing understandable about tormenting an innocent child, not even a bastard."

She looks at the statues. "I used to come here for solace. Now I can only see the Gods looking down on me with shame."

She stands up and starts for the door. "You can look into the hearts of others, Jedi. Protect my children... please."

She walks out.

I step forward and put myself in her way.

"Yes, I can look into the hearts of others. So let me tell you this, Catelyn Stark. You may have erred, but you are _not_ as bad a person as you think you are right now. You hold genuine love for your children and your husband. The person you think yourself to be would not feel _remorse_ for her actions. You have a rare and precious opportunity open to you now. You may make amends for your actions. You may make _peace_ in your house."

I grin faintly.

"In other words, don't feel sorry for yourself, _do_ something about it."

... then I go hunt down Ned and tell him to go to his wife, as she's just had a bit of a revelation and is feeling rather fragile.
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:10 am

Rieverre wrote:Headpat.

Hey, strength in all forms. Revanite, remember?

The way she's going, chances are I'll tell Arya _that_ story before too very long.

Now she gives you an annoyed look that kinda makes her look constipated and every much like the cute little girl she really is.

I step forward and put myself in her way.

"Yes, I can look into the hearts of others. So let me tell you this, Catelyn Stark. You may have erred, but you are _not_ as bad a person as you think you are right now. You hold genuine love for your children and your husband. The person you think yourself to be would not feel _remorse_ for her actions. You have a rare and precious opportunity open to you now. You may make amends for your actions. You may make _peace_ in your house."

I grin faintly.

"In other words, don't feel sorry for yourself, _do_ something about it."

I know.

... then I go hunt down Ned and tell him to go to his wife, as she's just had a bit of a revelation and is feeling rather fragile.

She moves past you... and seems to be headed for Ned.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:20 am

Psyckosama wrote:Now she gives you an annoyed look that kinda makes her look constipated and every much like the cute little girl she really is.

D'aww.

Also raise and angle my leg for a deflection of the shin-kick.

She moves past you... and seems to be headed for Ned.

... well, that saves me the trouble. I kind of want to eavesdrop, but I really shouldn't. I'll head to the Godswood to meditate for a while instead. If it's anything serious and troubling, that's where Ned's likely to go first. If not, hey, I'm not really minding the meditation part of this whole Jedi deal. Thought I switch to moving meditation via Teras Kasi katas after a while.

Regardless of what ends up happening, I continue my forays into town on a weekly basis. I've already started and all, might as well carry on with the Kung Fu approach.

As for the other stuff, is Theon still grinding his teeth or has he actually been doing some thinking since our talk?

And as a final order of business, at some point when nothing else critical is going on I'll talk to Ned about the crypts and how they've accumulated Dark Side bleed-off from the violent deaths of those interred. How places like that could be another avenue towards completing the Trial of Spirit. And how I would like permission to venture down there and investigate the matter before making any decision to that effect.
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:15 pm

Rieverre wrote:D'aww.

Also raise and angle my leg for a deflection of the shin-kick.

She huffs and storms off.

... well, that saves me the trouble. I kind of want to eavesdrop, but I really shouldn't. I'll head to the Godswood to meditate for a while instead. If it's anything serious and troubling, that's where Ned's likely to go first. If not, hey, I'm not really minding the meditation part of this whole Jedi deal. Thought I switch to moving meditation via Teras Kasi katas after a while.

Righty. Anyways, you're.... solid. Basically how you're good enough to teach in almost everything but not really a grand master of any subject...

Though frankly, good enough to be a battlemaster when you combine it all :p

Regardless of what ends up happening, I continue my forays into town on a weekly basis. I've already started and all, might as well carry on with the Kung Fu approach.

d100

As for the other stuff, is Theon still grinding his teeth or has he actually been doing some thinking since our talk?

He's not quite getting it. The boy could give self-loathing resentment lessons.

And as a final order of business, at some point when nothing else critical is going on I'll talk to Ned about the crypts and how they've accumulated Dark Side bleed-off from the violent deaths of those interred. How places like that could be another avenue towards completing the Trial of Spirit. And how I would like permission to venture down there and investigate the matter before making any decision to that effect.

You have it... but he's VERY uncomfortable with the bones of his ancestors being a dark side nexus. He'd like to find a way to put them to rest.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:57 pm

Psyckosama wrote:She huffs and storms off.

She'll be back before too long.

Righty. Anyways, you're.... solid. Basically how you're good enough to teach in almost everything but not really a grand master of any subject...

Though frankly, good enough to be a battlemaster when you combine it all :p

Practical application rather than rote-perfect expertise? I can work with that.

d100

rollan

He's not quite getting it. The boy could give self-loathing resentment lessons.

I'd rather he didn't. I'll wait until he's somewhat calm before making my approach. Really, given where he's from I think he'd take to Mando training well.

Sooooooo ...

"Are you done feeling sorry for yourself?"

You have it... but he's VERY uncomfortable with the bones of his ancestors being a dark side nexus. He'd like to find a way to put them to rest.

That's rather the point, and it would make for an adequate knighthood trial for him, once he's gotten the other aspects down cold anyway. Personally, I don't intend to go down there to 'fix' anything, just to get an idea of what anyone I send would experience.
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dice Bot on Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:57 pm

The member 'Rieverre' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd100' : 70

Dice Bot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GundamChief on Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:26 am

Psyckosama wrote:"Full midget actually," I reply, "But again... size matters not."

Now that's unbelievable, but with a demonstration (if you choose to do so) you remind them that the force is the force.

"But would come at too high a cost. The greatest advantage such a system offers is personal freedom... tempered with responsibility of course."

So what's preventing people from just going crazy and acting above their station, such as taking the law into their own hands, and so on?

My face becomes stone like. "What you get when people use the force entirely for selfish greed and reject peace in favor of passion. Benjen has seen the Dark Side and you heard its descriptions. Fueled by hatred, rage, and dark sorcery they are like bloody plague rats," I am seeingly... annoyed by them. "The Sith Empire was discovered several thousand years ago and fought a bloody war that lead to their apparent destruction. But a thousand years later, after a period of strife, their dark lords emerged from hiding to refound the empire leading to an age of war. But again, the republic was eventually able to destroy them. But of course you can't destroy the Sith so easily. They are like a disease. You think you stomp them out, but a small number always survive, hide, squirrel away their dark Lore, and train a new generation of apprentices in the shadows then rise up and murder their way across civilization like a plague of locusts."

I pause. "Evil wizards who want to enslave the world."

ooookay...the Measter would be very interested in hearing about more later.

Ned meets with you soon after and asks if you were able to find anything.

GM: What actions do you want to take now?

===

Alex

===

[quoteYou get a month or two.[/quote]

That's not really enough time to accomplish much of anything aside from projects. 3-6 month increments work better, but that's fine.

Ned continues to progress rather well, though Arya has hit a little bit of a wall as she's having trouble with the deeper levels of focus. She's good at reaching the force. At focusing herself without using emotion? Not so well, though Obiwan does she she's young and its a challenge for many.

Understandable. It takes time and effort. Can't accomplish that in a month's time. So I give advice on how to reach that state in a way a child can understand, and guide her there.

The family is going reasonably well as well... the mother actually while she has very little power seems to have a knack for healing.

Obiwan says she'd have done well in the Healing Corps.

I tell her about the Healing Corps back home in the republic, and offer her to learn the arts of the healer. She could eventually do what I did for her family, and maybe better since it's not my focus.

I don't tell her that I may eventually have her basically lead the healer portion of the Jedi Corps if I get that far.

I continue working on the my students, see where their strengths lie.

Ned
GundamChief carried out 1 launched of one d10 (Image not informed.) :

Father

Mother

Sonjya

Arya

Marcus

Jacob

Well, we'll see about that. Right now Ned's starting to warm up to the idea of training for the other children.

The option is always there, but it will get harder as they get older.

[quoteIn time Ned would be willing to help you fund such a place. Can't use Winterfell forever.[/quote]

Exactly

Alright. Arya as you can guess is all about the Ataru... even thoughj she needs to master form 1 first :p

I make sure all master the 1st form first. It is the basic of basics.

But of course she is about acrobatics :p

One of the kids asks what's so bad about it?

The power relies on the dark side of the force, thus it requires anger or passion to use. One usually leads to the other.

there are other powers that rely on the dark side too, but there's no way I'm teaching them, at least not yet, and certainly not before they face the darkside tests to see the dangers of relying on it let alone using them.

Yeah. Not happening. You are not getting glowy armor. It's pretty much a thing limited to force blades due to the sheer difficulty.

Maybe among people who need the enhanced flexibility.

Fine Rolling Eyes

At least it's stylish.
GundamChief

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:42 am

Rieverre wrote:She'll be back before too long.

Of course she will.

Practical application rather than rote-perfect expertise? I can work with that.

Alright...

Meanwhile you are called into Ned's office. He hands you a message. One of his more isolated Bannermen is having trouble with bandits...

"I would like you to handle this."

They're some distance away but with your travel speeds when you're motivated you could be there in a couple days. If you took your time.

I'd rather he didn't. I'll wait until he's somewhat calm before making my approach. Really, given where he's from I think he'd take to Mando training well.

Sooooooo ...

"Are you done feeling sorry for yourself?"

He glares. "I do not feel sorry for myself."

That's rather the point, and it would make for an adequate knighthood trial for him, once he's gotten the other aspects down cold anyway. Personally, I don't intend to go down there to 'fix' anything, just to get an idea of what anyone I send would experience.

Alright... basically when you go down there you feel strong Fear, Rage, and Hate... the emotions they were experiencing when they died. And in many ways when you open yourself to the force you find yourself half-witnessing half experiencing their deaths.

Roll a d10

GundamChief wrote:Now that's unbelievable, but with a demonstration (if you choose to do so) you remind them that the force is the force.

"Master Yoda is small in body, but his power is great." the table starts to lift... rotates once in place without spilling the contents, then gently is placed exactly how it was before. "It is the power of ones spirit that makes one strong."

So what's preventing people from just going crazy and acting above their station, such as taking the law into their own hands, and so on?

"What keeps nobles and kings from going mad and acting like mad tyrants? The people are educated, literate, and have a vested interest in the smooth and uninterrupted operation of society as a whole which gives them a strong sense of identity. They are citizens, not peasants."

ooookay...the Measter would be very interested in hearing about more later.

And I'll tell him.

Ned meets with you soon after and asks if you were able to find anything.

"Yes. I have discovered that I am thoroughly lost. I recognize no location on your maps."

GM: What actions do you want to take now?

I will train any who are interested. But I start with Benjen.

As he needs to be trained quickly, he doesn't get the slow but steady training that leaves you time for other things the others will... he gets the hard core Dagobah crash course experience.

You know...

"I am not afraid."

"You will be... you will be..."

If he's not making laps around the castle and grounds with 200lbs of sandbags strapped to him or rocks in his pack, he's being blindfolded and pelted with raw walnuts by the children. If he's not that he's meditating upside down with rocks balanced on his feet.

And if not that I'm mercilessly drilling him in Light Saber combat or teaching him the jedi way while meditating.

He's a Stark. He can take it.

We also vanish into the woods one day to find a Weirwood and ask it for a branch to create a bokken for him.

I also ask Ned if there is anything he'd be willing to delegate to his brother and I to give him the needed experience as a negotiator and peacekeeper.

===

Alex

===

That's not really enough time to accomplish much of anything aside from projects. 3-6 month increments work better, but that's fine.

Alright.

[quote]Understandable. It takes time and effort. Can't accomplish that in a month's time. So I give advice on how to reach that state in a way a child can understand, and guide her there.

She was just having a bit of a block and worked he way through GLORIOUSLY. She's making good progress with the force and seems to be throwing herself into her weapons training with the drive of a woman possessed.

Your guess is that within a couple months she'll be ready to begin learning a second form.

I tell her about the Healing Corps back home in the republic, and offer her to learn the arts of the healer. She could eventually do what I did for her family, and maybe better since it's not my focus.

I don't tell her that I may eventually have her basically lead the healer portion of the Jedi Corps if I get that far.

She's overwhelmed and doubles her efforts to great effect. The woman's traditional force abilities are weak. She'll never be a talent with a lightsaber and her telekinetic abilities seem to be limited to moving small objects across the room, but her healing skill is almost savant like.

Let me put it this way... she's been meditating and in the process experimenting on herself to a degree. Just channeling the purifying and healing energies of the Light Side through herself.

She looks 10 years younger and far more fit and healthy than she did when you met.

Her husband though seems to be stronger than her but has no real strengths, and while he's a dutiful student he's normally one of the last to really pick up on things.

Obi-Wan's general impression is that he's probably never going to excess. He'll be solid, he'll be reliable, he'll be loyal, but he seems to be uninspired. In the Order he'd probably end up Argicorps. Here he'll probably become a Jedi knight due to need, but chances are that he'll never reach master.

Now NED. Ned is progressing with frightening speed. Due to his experience with the blade he's already all but mastered form one, going as far to have rather interesting and thoughtful discussions and questions about the style after he's taught new moves.

His progress in the force is also smooth and focused. He picked up meditation with ease and his existing talents seem to serve him well.

You even have been able to move him up to more intense trainings as his new found focus and power allows him to accomplish his own duties faster and more effectively.

For example he's already learning to be able to consciously pick up duplicity which makes settling disputes far easier...

Had you been training him intensely he probably would be nearing Lukes level of Dagobah.

Sonjya is having a bit of a problem. She's still very overawed and a bit unsure. She's also got a crush on you which makes it difficult for her to focus at times. She's a good kid with a spirit, but her own issues are slowing her growth as a Jedi.

Marcus and Jacob aren't the most inspired students in the world, but are learning reasonably well. The issue is again, they're dutiful, dedicated, and not very creative which keeps them from having bursts of inspiration that can help them past training hurdles. Seems to be a mindset issue among the small folk.

The option is always there, but it will get harder as they get older.

Bran seems to be showing real interest (his father hasn't given him the word, doesn't keep him fron sneaking out like his sister did) and Rob and Jon are both starting to show interest. Theon has all but begged you to start teaching him...

As for Sansa, shes been talking to the mother and after some time simply went up to you and asked you to teach her to heal others.

I make sure all master the 1st form first. It is the basic of basics.

But of course she is about acrobatics :p

Yep. And she's getting scary close to that point while Ned is already at the point where his foundation in saber styles will allow you to move into others.

The power relies on the dark side of the force, thus it requires anger or passion to use. One usually leads to the other.

there are other powers that rely on the dark side too, but there's no way I'm teaching them, at least not yet, and certainly not before they face the darkside tests to see the dangers of relying on it let alone using them.

Oh.

Fine Rolling Eyes

At least it's stylish.

It's... mandalorian.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GundamChief on Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:48 am

Psyckosama wrote:"Master Yoda is small in body, but his power is great." the table starts to lift... rotates once in place without spilling the contents, then gently is placed exactly how it was before. "It is the power of ones spirit that makes one strong."

And with that, they are convinced.

"What keeps nobles and kings from going mad and acting like mad tyrants? The people are educated, literate, and have a vested interest in the smooth and uninterrupted operation of society as a whole which gives them a strong sense of identity. They are citizens, not peasants."

Sounds....progressive.

Theon was surprisingly interested in hearing more about that.

And I'll tell him.

Which period of time? :p

"Yes. I have discovered that I am thoroughly lost. I recognize no location on your maps."

Perhaps the gods, or the Force brought you here for a purpose.

I will train any who are interested. But I start with Benjen.

As he needs to be trained quickly, he doesn't get the slow but steady training that leaves you time for other things the others will... he gets the hard core Dagobah crash course experience.

You know...

"I am not afraid."

"You will be... you will be..."

If he's not making laps around the castle and grounds with 200lbs of sandbags strapped to him or rocks in his pack, he's being blindfolded and pelted with raw walnuts by the children. If he's not that he's meditating upside down with rocks balanced on his feet.

And if not that I'm mercilessly drilling him in Light Saber combat or teaching him the jedi way while meditating.

He's a Stark. He can take it.

We also vanish into the woods one day to find a Weirwood and ask it for a branch to create a bokken for him.

I also ask Ned if there is anything he'd be willing to delegate to his brother and I to give him the needed experience as a negotiator and peacekeeper.

GM: For standard Training, it's a straight up d10 roll. For Dagobah Training, same thing, but with a -2 due to the fact that there will always be progress. After the first month, the -2 becomes -4. It doesn't become higher than that though. 1 is still the lowest number one can get as a result. If a roll is 10 two times in a row? The training is too much, and the person fails.

Roll a D10 for Benjen.

After watching the training, the Stark children were backing off a little seeing how hard it was. All except Jon. He was still interested in learning, as was Theon, but he couldn't ask.

Jon asks if you could teach him. He was willing to take what Benjen was. Of course aside from Ned and Benjen, he and the children were unaware that you were doing the hardcore training. Ned was waiting to see the results.

===

Alex

===

She was just having a bit of a block and worked he way through GLORIOUSLY. She's making good progress with the force and seems to be throwing herself into her weapons training with the drive of a woman possessed.

Your guess is that within a couple months she'll be ready to begin learning a second form.

I'm impressed.

She's overwhelmed and doubles her efforts to great effect. The woman's traditional force abilities are weak. She'll never be a talent with a lightsaber and her telekinetic abilities seem to be limited to moving small objects across the room, but her healing skill is almost savant like.

Let me put it this way... she's been meditating and in the process experimenting on herself to a degree. Just channeling the purifying and healing energies of the Light Side through herself.

She looks 10 years younger and far more fit and healthy than she did when you met.

Excellent work. She is well on her way. If she continues to progress, I will put her to the test. The test will consist of taking her with me in the field, and healing people, with only a little guidance from me.

If her skills reach the basics that are required, I will give her the title of "Medic".

I don't say anything but I do talk to Obiwan about it. The Healing Corps are not really knights or warriors, but force users who are experts at healing.

I want to form the Hospitaliers though. The Knights of Hospital. Old order of knights from my world, who basically knights that were healers in the field.

I know the Jedi didn't really have that in the field and relied on medics during the clone wars. Healer specialized Jedi Knights however would fill in that gap since this world's medical science is not even...bleh. It's simply not up to snuff.

Having Jedi Knights capable of healing as well as a high skilled healer in the field of battle would be a god send.

What is his opinion?

Her husband though seems to be stronger than her but has no real strengths, and while he's a dutiful student he's normally one of the last to really pick up on things.

Obi-Wan's general impression is that he's probably never going to excess. He'll be solid, he'll be reliable, he'll be loyal, but he seems to be uninspired. In the Order he'd probably end up Argicorps. Here he'll probably become a Jedi knight due to need, but chances are that he'll never reach master.

Now NED. Ned is progressing with frightening speed. Due to his experience with the blade he's already all but mastered form one, going as far to have rather interesting and thoughtful discussions and questions about the style after he's taught new moves.

His progress in the force is also smooth and focused. He picked up meditation with ease and his existing talents seem to serve him well.

You even have been able to move him up to more intense trainings as his new found focus and power allows him to accomplish his own duties faster and more effectively.

For example he's already learning to be able to consciously pick up duplicity which makes settling disputes far easier...

Had you been training him intensely he probably would be nearing Lukes level of Dagobah.

Seeing how much the father is struggling, and how well Ned is doing, I decide to offer them both the Dagobah Training.

"The Dagobah Training is called such due to it being where Master Yoda hailed from. Dagobah was a region that is swamp and heavy jungle. It is a land of extremes, where one misstep could kill you. Such places are strong in the force, so much that it is all but impossible to not gain some control and understanding of the force from just being there. The training itself..is harsh. Very much so. You will be pushed to your limits, and beyond, and either succeed, or fall. For you Ned, you have made great progress, and this is to see how far you can improve. For you (father), I believe you have the potential to become a knight, but I think you need to be pushed harder to surpass the limits you have found yourself reaching. I want to see if that wall can be blown apart. You both do not have to do this if you don't feel you are up to it. You can continue as you are, and nothing is lost."

If they say they take it, that they are not afraid...I grin and show a little darkside "Oooh....you will be....you will be....You...Will...Be."

Sonjya is having a bit of a problem. She's still very overawed and a bit unsure. She's also got a crush on you which makes it difficult for her to focus at times. She's a good kid with a spirit, but her own issues are slowing her growth as a Jedi.

I will have to take care of this. Attachments are good if they help you, but in this case, it's detrimental to us both.

I sit her down near the gods tree for a small "talk".

"Sonjya. The progress you have made has been steady and well done...but it seems you are too distracted. I know why that is...and while I appreciate you feelings and affection...I cannot return them. You see, as a Jedi, I had chosen to dedicate my life to serving the greater good of the world. There's great evil, and few to do anything about it. In order to do this, I had to focus all my efforts, and have missed out on many things in life. Love, family, children, and so many others. In order to be a master, one must make such dedication. Though I will always care for those I teach and call friend, I cannot become more than that."

I know she will be heart broken, but I suspect she realized this truth herself. She's not dumb.

"You are still young, and have a whole future before you. With the force, that future is far greater than it would have been. Besides...I think you will find yourself with many suitors in the future when you become a grown woman. You'll have to beat them off with your bokken."

Marcus and Jacob aren't the most inspired students in the world, but are learning reasonably well. The issue is again, they're dutiful, dedicated, and not very creative which keeps them from having bursts of inspiration that can help them past training hurdles. Seems to be a mindset issue among the small folk.

I know the best way to do so. I begin to add fables, and stories from the Jedi lore, and from my world. The stories they are exposed to, the more people tend to gain an imagination.

This will increase their imagination and thus make them form their own ideas. It will help. It will make them ask questions on what can and can't be done.

Bran seems to be showing real interest (his father hasn't given him the word, doesn't keep him from sneaking out like his sister did) and Rob and Jon are both starting to show interest. Theon has all but begged you to start teaching him...

I take Bran and Theon aside and say that they are children, and thus it is entirely up to their guardians on whether they are allowed to learn or not.

For Theon, I say that I am aware of his circumstances, and believe he could become a good knight, but it is up to him to show that he is willing to become a knight of justice and of good moral character. To do what is right, justice, and fair, and to protect others, regardless of where they come from. If he tells them, especially Ned that, and means it, I am certain Ned would allow it.

As for Sansa, shes been talking to the mother and after some time simply went up to you and asked you to teach her to heal others.

If her mother and father are alright with it, then I will begin her training. She is somewhat behind the others, so I will have to give her some intensified meditation training, but otherwise, she is welcome to the training sessions. I have her paired with the mother since she is a healer type as well and it would do well for them to work together. Plus a woman who is worldly and not just the ladies who want he to become a princess will be good for her, it will open her mind to new horizons and ways of thinking and seeing the world.

Yep. And she's getting scary close to that point while Ned is already at the point where his foundation in saber styles will allow you to move into others.

I find out what suits him the most, and teach him primarily on that, which I get the feeling may be the form that relies on strength alone. Fits his use of the sword ICE.

===

Training Rolls

Ned (-2 to rolls if Dagobah Training)

Father - Naylon (-2 to rolls if Dagobah Training)

Mother - Selene

Sonjya

Sansa

Arya

Marcus

Jacob

Theon - if he is allowed

Bran - if he is allowed
GundamChief

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GundamChief on Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:16 am

Addendum

Forgot some things, and I don't want my rolls to change with the edit.

If they accept the training, I do basically what you do Sama with Benjen, but I make the addition of making Naylon and Ned work together. I want them to be close as brothers by the time I'm done. As close as men can get in such a short time anyways.

I also make them do the training, with just clothes, then with weight, then in armor, then in armor with weight.

I also tell the father from my speech to him and Ned that he's being held back by still thinking as he did before we met. With this training, he might be broken of it. He has a future that is not just in the woods of the far north, and his children have a great future too. He needs to release himself from worrying about the future and just take it.

I also tell Sonjya's mother about my talk with her daughter before I have the "talk" with Sonjya. I wanted her to basically support her daughter after the talk, and show her to be a strong woman who literally has the world in her hands now, and in the future, will have many more boys to choose from that would make better husbands.
GundamChief

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:38 pm

Psyckosama wrote:Meanwhile you are called into Ned's office. He hands you a message. One of his more isolated Bannermen is having trouble with bandits...

"I would like you to handle this."

They're some distance away but with your travel speeds when you're motivated you could be there in a couple days. If you took your time.

What does he mean by 'having trouble' exactly? That can cover a lot of things. If I were to guess, they're either out in force or, and this is more likely, holed up somewhere inaccessible and remote that needs to be found first.

If it's just a small infestation, I might take Jyll along as more training. That is, if by now she's not quite helpless and hopeless?

Incidentally, how's the current Cat situation?

He glares. "I do not feel sorry for myself."

"Yes, clearly you are not sulking alone with only the cold wind for company. My eyes must be playing tricks. You know, there's a uniquely applicable piece of advice for this kind of situation. Have the serenity to accept the things you cannot change, the courage to change those you can and the wisdom to know the difference."

Alright... basically when you go down there you feel strong Fear, Rage, and Hate... the emotions they were experiencing when they died. And in many ways when you open yourself to the force you find yourself half-witnessing half experiencing their deaths.

Roll a d10

It happened. The past is one of those things one can't change. And probably shouldn't even if one could given how messy time travel can likely get.

Emotion, yet peace
Ignorance, yet knowledge
Passion, yet serenity
Chaos, yet harmony
Death, yet the Force

I don't fight them. After all, the Dark Side feeds on conflict, and it would only attract notice. I give the spiritual equivalent of a nod, acknowledging their presence and ... well, you know the litany against fear? Granted, different source, but the approach therein is applicable.

I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Or so. ^^
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:28 pm

GundamChief wrote:And with that, they are convinced.

"I apologize for the grandiose displays."

Sounds....progressive.

Theon was surprisingly interested in hearing more about that.

"Correct me if I'm wrong, but most small folk identity primarily with their village? Correct? They really don't identify with which house rules them, which lord paramount they owe final loyalty. It's just them, their kin, and the man in the big stone house who will club them if they don't pay their taxes on time. If there's a war, armies come, ruin their lives and there's a new boss... same as the old boss. The north might be different due to your unique religious and ethnic history, but chances are between Dorne and the Neck it's pretty much one great mass of Andal peasants with the borders being the artifact of the nobility."

"In a citizenry society there is a focus on pride and identity, from the lowest beggar to the High Chancellor of the Senate. All hold the title of citizen. All of them are sons and daughters of the Republic. It protects them, it shelters them, and when they speak, it is supposed to listen and take their needs into account. On the national level, via the senate. On the local level it depends on the member state at hand, but even nations with societies similar to Westeros the nobility will normally have citizen's councils whose job it is to be a bridge between the rules and the people. This agency gives them pride, makes them feel like they matter... that they don't exist simply to pay taxes and die. And that pride is the midwife of loyalty. The Republic has stood for ten thousand years because no matter how badly beaten we are, for might of the republic comes not from not just the power of the Jedi, but the courage and loyalty of countless citizen-soldiers."

Which period of time? :p

define this question

Perhaps the gods, or the Force brought you here for a purpose.

I nod. "That is my belief. Perhaps my reason for being here is to help recreate the order here. It is probably no mistake I was lead to you and your kin. You are brave and noble folk and would make wonderful Jedi," I smile, "In some parts of the republic there are Jedi Lords. Jedi who due to their courage, compassion, and wisdom have been asked to rule over some of the more isolated areas of the Republic. These Jedi often have many of the trappings of nobility and are known for being some of the most stalwart defenders of the people. You family would make outstanding Jedi Lords."

GM: For standard Training, it's a straight up d10 roll. For Dagobah Training, same thing, but with a -2 due to the fact that there will always be progress. After the first month, the -2 becomes -4. It doesn't become higher than that though. 1 is still the lowest number one can get as a result. If a roll is 10 two times in a row? The training is too much, and the person fails.

Fair enough.

Roll a D10 for Benjen.

Psyckosama carried out 1 launched of one d10 (Image not informed.) :

After watching the training, the Stark children were backing off a little seeing how hard it was. All except Jon. He was still interested in learning, as was Theon, but he couldn't ask.

Jon asks if you could teach him. He was willing to take what Benjen was. Of course aside from Ned and Benjen, he and the children were unaware that you were doing the hardcore training. Ned was waiting to see the results.

I do inform him and the others that the training they're seeing is the high intensity version... normally used for adults and those who need to learn extremely quickly. If their parents will allow it I can teach them in a more... sedate manner. Or if they feel they can handle it, they can join Benjen.

My offer is open to Ned, the children, and Theon if Ned will allow it.

I do talk to Ned about Theon. I'd like to take him under my wing. I might not teach him to be a Jedi, at least not yet, without Ned's say so... but I'll be able to turn him in a good direction and maybe put him in the direction of being ready to become a Jedi.

===

Alex

===

I'm impressed.

This is about the point she levels off though. She's working hard but the girl seems to function in leaps. She'll bound forward then have to catch up to her own success before she can do so again.

Excellent work. She is well on her way. If she continues to progress, I will put her to the test. The test will consist of taking her with me in the field, and healing people, with only a little guidance from me.

If her skills reach the basics that are required, I will give her the title of "Medic".

Obi-Wan thinks that that is a bit too military.

I don't say anything but I do talk to Obiwan about it. The Healing Corps are not really knights or warriors, but force users who are experts at healing.

Yes.

I want to form the Hospitaliers though. The Knights of Hospital. Old order of knights from my world, who basically knights that were healers in the field.

Most knights have some medical training actually. Though in retrospect, not as much as they should...

I know the Jedi didn't really have that in the field and relied on medics during the clone wars. Healer specialized Jedi Knights however would fill in that gap since this world's medical science is not even...bleh. It's simply not up to snuff.

Still would be worth looking at the Maester's records. Give you a foundation.

Having Jedi Knights capable of healing as well as a high skilled healer in the field of battle would be a god send.

What is his opinion?

He agrees. Though this woman isn't a knight. She's a healer.

He suggest having the Maester work with her on basic anatomy and the like and teaching her some more traditional methods of medical care as well. To be a true healer she needs to be able to heal without using the force.

Seeing how much the father is struggling, and how well Ned is doing, I decide to offer them both the Dagobah Training.

"The Dagobah Training is called such due to it being where Master Yoda hailed from. Dagobah was a region that is swamp and heavy jungle. It is a land of extremes, where one misstep could kill you. Such places are strong in the force, so much that it is all but impossible to not gain some control and understanding of the force from just being there. The training itself..is harsh. Very much so. You will be pushed to your limits, and beyond, and either succeed, or fall. For you Ned, you have made great progress, and this is to see how far you can improve. For you (father), I believe you have the potential to become a knight, but I think you need to be pushed harder to surpass the limits you have found yourself reaching. I want to see if that wall can be blown apart. You both do not have to do this if you don't feel you are up to it. You can continue as you are, and nothing is lost."

If they say they take it, that they are not afraid...I grin and show a little darkside "Oooh....you will be....you will be....You...Will...Be."

Ned will try it for some time. He has other duties but nothing outstanding has presented itself to him. He can afford to do so for a time. The father is willing and able. So they do...

And fucking CHRIST. Ned does well. He seems to take the strain and stress with good humor and focus. He understands that hardship breeds strength and his abilities only continue to grow.

The father on the other hand seems to be in his element. He's a hard man used to working hard for every success no matter how petty it might be. To him this is the proper way to learn. Sitting down with his thumbs in his arse contemplating his belly button is no way to learn. This... this though is what MEN do! They fight, they sweat, they bleed, they curse every moment of it, then they get up the next day and do it all over again! [url="http://youtu.be/K8pJBCCrZl8?t=1m12s"]Because they're MEN![/url]

He's catching up. Smile

Oh and he's also now officially looks like David Della Rocco.

I will have to take care of this. Attachments are good if they help you, but in this case, it's detrimental to us both.

I sit her down near the gods tree for a small "talk".

"Sonjya. The progress you have made has been steady and well done...but it seems you are too distracted. I know why that is...and while I appreciate you feelings and affection...I cannot return them. You see, as a Jedi, I had chosen to dedicate my life to serving the greater good of the world. There's great evil, and few to do anything about it. In order to do this, I had to focus all my efforts, and have missed out on many things in life. Love, family, children, and so many others. In order to be a master, one must make such dedication. Though I will always care for those I teach and call friend, I cannot become more than that."

I know she will be heart broken, but I suspect she realized this truth herself. She's not dumb.

"You are still young, and have a whole future before you. With the force, that future is far greater than it would have been. Besides...I think you will find yourself with many suitors in the future when you become a grown woman. You'll have to beat them off with your bokken."

She's a little skeptical. You're still young, but she gets it. She's seen how her mother looks years younger and there's no rush is there?

She seems to have picked up well and is being serious. Her progress is extremely impressive.

I know the best way to do so. I begin to add fables, and stories from the Jedi lore, and from my world. The stories they are exposed to, the more people tend to gain an imagination.

This will increase their imagination and thus make them form their own ideas. It will help. It will make them ask questions on what can and can't be done.

It works. Kinda. They're still going at middling speed but they're no longer lagging as they were.

I take Bran and Theon aside and say that they are children, and thus it is entirely up to their guardians on whether they are allowed to learn or not.

Bran is permitted by his father. Though he wants you to take it slow as he's even younger than Arya.

He is gifted though, that is for sure.

For Theon, I say that I am aware of his circumstances, and believe he could become a good knight, but it is up to him to show that he is willing to become a knight of justice and of good moral character. To do what is right, justice, and fair, and to protect others, regardless of where they come from. If he tells them, especially Ned that, and means it, I am certain Ned would allow it.

As for Theon, he wants you to spend time getting to know the boy and working on his moral character to make DOUBLE sure.

And Theon is willing...

And seems to be interested philosophically.

If her mother and father are alright with it, then I will begin her training. She is somewhat behind the others, so I will have to give her some intensified meditation training, but otherwise, she is welcome to the training sessions. I have her paired with the mother since she is a healer type as well and it would do well for them to work together. Plus a woman who is worldly and not just the ladies who want he to become a princess will be good for her, it will open her mind to new horizons and ways of thinking and seeing the world.

She accepts that and is a dutiful but unexceptional student.

Meanwhile Obi-wan has a suggestion that could get her into other Jedi arts: Tell her about Master Fey. The girl seems to be obsessed with being feminine. Maybe positive rolemodel will help her become less... princess focused.

I find out what suits him the most, and teach him primarily on that, which I get the feeling may be the form that relies on strength alone. Fits his use of the sword ICE.

he's a power fighter for sure. Obiwan suggest you start him with Djem So.

Rieverre wrote:What does he mean by 'having trouble' exactly? That can cover a lot of things. If I were to guess, they're either out in force or, and this is more likely, holed up somewhere inaccessible and remote that needs to be found first.

"The message was vague. There have been disappearances."

If it's just a small infestation, I might take Jyll along as more training. That is, if by now she's not quite helpless and hopeless?

She's getting better...

Incidentally, how's the current Cat situation?

She's trying to recenter herself

"Yes, clearly you are not sulking alone with only the cold wind for company. My eyes must be playing tricks. You know, there's a uniquely applicable piece of advice for this kind of situation. Have the serenity to accept the things you cannot change, the courage to change those you can and the wisdom to know the difference."

It happened. The past is one of those things one can't change. And probably shouldn't even if one could given how messy time travel can likely get.

Emotion, yet peace
Ignorance, yet knowledge
Passion, yet serenity
Chaos, yet harmony
Death, yet the Force

I don't fight them. After all, the Dark Side feeds on conflict, and it would only attract notice. I give the spiritual equivalent of a nod, acknowledging their presence and ... well, you know the litany against fear? Granted, different source, but the approach therein is applicable.

I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Or so. ^^

Forgot the D10

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:03 pm

Psyckosama wrote:"The message was vague. There have been disappearances."

"Sooooo ... trap?" I ask airily. Hey, it makes sense. Deliberate baiting, possibly someone trying to gauge just what the foreign wizard is capable of.

She's getting better...

Still, this situation feels a little hinky. I'll get Ned to supervise her training while I'm gone.

... aaaaaand I make sure to check any baggage I may take along for Surprise!Arya.

Forgot the D10

rollan
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dice Bot on Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:03 pm

'd10' : 8

Dice Bot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:23 pm

Rieverre wrote:"Sooooo ... trap?" I ask airily. Hey, it makes sense. Deliberate baiting, possibly someone trying to gauge just what the foreign wizard is capable of.

"The north is very large. It's probable his information is limited."

Still, this situation feels a little hinky. I'll get Ned to supervise her training while I'm gone.

He'll happily do so.

... aaaaaand I make sure to check any baggage I may take along for Surprise!Arya.

You find nothing. Of course after the first day...

"Hi Master! Where are we going?"

... THE FUCK DID SHE HIDE?!

(seriously dude... I rolled. TWICE to see if she could slip past you. She rolled Cats Eyes.)

rollan

If anything he's even MORE frustrated.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:50 pm

Psyckosama wrote:"The north is very large. It's probable his information is limited."

"Well, one way or the other I'll be finding out."

You find nothing. Of course after the first day...

"Hi Master! Where are we going?"

... THE FUCK DID SHE HIDE?!

(seriously dude... I rolled. TWICE to see if she could slip past you. She rolled Cats Eyes.)

... not exactly unexpected.

"Please tell me you at least left a note?"

Considering I've been making good time and we're ... what, halfway or a third of the way there already, turning around now is an exercise in futility. Besides, Arya may just as well sneak out again. And probably catch up with me. She doesn't seem very weather/road weary.

"And what we're dealing with is apparently bandits," I tell her what Ned told me.

If anything he's even MORE frustrated.

Hell with it, might as well Mando this up.

I toss him a practice sword.
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:27 pm

Rieverre wrote:"Well, one way or the other I'll be finding out."

He nods. "If anything of great importance happens, send me a raven."

... not exactly unexpected.

"Please tell me you at least left a note?"

"Of course..."

Considering I've been making good time and we're ... what, halfway or a third of the way there already, turning around now is an exercise in futility. Besides, Arya may just as well sneak out again. And probably catch up with me. She doesn't seem very weather/road weary.

"And what we're dealing with is apparently bandits," I tell her what Ned told me.

She grins. It's a little predatory for your tastes but hey...

In the Order, depending on the Knight she'd either be taken as a Padawan or sent to the Argicorps for this stunt...

Hell with it, might as well Mando this up.

I toss him a practice sword.

He takes it with a white knuckled grip.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:38 pm

Psyckosama wrote:She grins. It's a little predatory for your tastes but hey...

In the Order, depending on the Knight she'd either be taken as a Padawan or sent to the Argicorps for this stunt...

Well, we really couldn't enforce the latter solution at this point.

Cue the travel montage.

He takes it with a white knuckled grip.

I hold my bokken casually, and give him the good old Bruce Lee 'come at me' gesture.

Also, rolling for crypts again.
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dice Bot on Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:38 pm

'd10' : 10

Dice Bot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:43 pm

Rieverre wrote:Well, we really couldn't enforce the latter solution at this point.

Grin!

Cue the travel montage.

Roll a d10 for the travel...

And Arya is adorable in her robes with her bokken and little Padawan braid. She also left her house markings behind. She's doing this as a Jedi, not a Stark.

I hold my bokken casually, and give him the good old Bruce Lee 'come at me' gesture.

He charges at you full of fury... and is actually almost enough to maybe if you were drunk and hadn't slept for a week put you on the ropes...

YES! YES BOY! LET THE HATE FLOW THROUGH YOU!

Also, rolling for crypts again.
Yeah...

You feel yourself get hit by a wave of hatred and fear once you open yourself to the force, find yourself looking at a almost wolf like figure with glowing red eyes... a shade in the force born of the suffering of a thousand generations of dead force sensitives....

Well now... what do we have here...

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:05 pm

Psyckosama wrote:Roll a d10 for the travel...

rollan

And Arya is adorable in her robes with her bokken and little Padawan braid. She also left her house markings behind. She's doing this as a Jedi, not a Stark.

It should be decent experience for her at least. Given how well she's taken to things, I probably won't even have to slow down in getting there.

He charges at you full of fury... and is actually almost enough to maybe if you were drunk and hadn't slept for a week put you on the ropes...

YES! YES BOY! LET THE HATE FLOW THROUGH YOU!

I step out of the way of the charge and absently tap the back of his knee with where the tip of the blade would be if my bokken were a sword.

"Footwork. Your emotions are clouding your judgment."

Another sidestep, tap on the blade of his training sword by enough to send him off balance.

"Grip is too tight."

Basically? Kung-fu sifu mode, getting him to tire himself out and at the same time trying to make him remember what he'd actually learned about fighting so far.

"If you're going to just follow wherever your anger leads, you might as well be fighting blindfolded."

Yeah...

You feel yourself get hit by a wave of hatred and fear once you open yourself to the force, find yourself looking at a almost wolf like figure with glowing red eyes... a shade in the force born of the suffering of a thousand generations of dead force sensitives....

Well now... what do we have here...

I could just be reactionary and instantly denounce it as a Dark Side apparition, but honestly? That approach can be a bit counterproductive.

"A visitor," I answer plainly. "I sensed the power running through this place and wished to investigate. It was not my intent to disturb you."
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dice Bot on Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:05 pm

'd10' : 10

Dice Bot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:08 pm

Rieverre wrote:It should be decent experience for her at least. Given how well she's taken to things, I probably won't even have to slow down in getting there.

Though you almost wish you did...

When you're almost there you see smoke and fire. An entire village is being assaulted by several dozen men. They're burning, stealing, killing, and rapping with abandon and seemingly trying to capture the young women and children for god knows what...

I step out of the way of the charge and absently tap the back of his knee with where the tip of the blade would be if my bokken were a sword.

He spins around and makes a rather skillful slash for your head

"Footwork. Your emotions are clouding your judgment."

He growls with anger.

Another sidestep, tap on the blade of his training sword by enough to send him off balance.

He stumbles and recovers.

"Grip is too tight."

Another strike, this time a thrust.

Basically? Kung-fu sifu mode, getting him to tire himself out and at the same time trying to make him remember what he'd actually learned about fighting so far.

"If you're going to just follow wherever your anger leads, you might as well be fighting blindfolded."

Give me a roll... d20 and a d10

I could just be reactionary and instantly denounce it as a Dark Side apparition, but honestly? That approach can be a bit counterproductive.

"A visitor," I answer plainly. "I sensed the power running through this place and wished to investigate. It was not my intent to disturb you."

"A visitor..." It laughs with madness. "We have many but none can see. None can hear..." it chuckles. "But not this one. This one is different... what is this one..."

It's swirling about you. "You do not smell of Stark. You are not of us? Be you friend or foe?"

It makes a mad cackle.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 17 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top