Giant Stompy Robots
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

There is no Fire and Ice. There is only the Force.

+2
Rieverre
Psyckosama
6 posters

Page 15 of 17 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Go down

There is no Fire and Ice. There is only the Force. - Page 15 Empty Re: There is no Fire and Ice. There is only the Force.

Post by Rieverre Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:24 pm

Psyckosama wrote:Though you almost wish you did...

When you're almost there you see smoke and fire. An entire village is being assaulted by several dozen men. They're burning, stealing, killing, and rapping with abandon and seemingly trying to capture the young women and children for god knows what...

... dammit ...

Well, the first thing I do is turn to Arya and tell her to "Focus, padawan. I don't suppose you'd listen if I told you to stay here and hide, so instead I'll trust you to stay at my back instead."

Then I'll start reciting the Code and hope it's enough to keep her from getting overwhelmed by what we're about to run into.

I don't bother with the bokken this time, and instead move towards and through the largest concentration of bandits and dispatching them with as much efficiency as I can muster. Bisecting them with my force blade, throwing around Pushes strong enough to shatter armor and bone ... for any who try to run, I lift a discarded weapon with the Force and use it as an impromptu projectile. I'm deliberate, dispassionate and methodical in wiping as many of the attackers as I can out within the least amount of time and without collateral.

Give me a roll... d20 and a d10

rollan

"A visitor..." It laughs with madness. "We have many but none can see. None can hear..." it chuckles. "But not this one. This one is different... what is this one..."

It's swirling about you. "You do not smell of Stark. You are not of us? Be you friend or foe?"

It makes a mad cackle.

"I'd like to call myself the former. I am a guest in their home and I teach them what I know so that they may see. And hear."

Then I speak with absolute conviction. "Because you've felt it, haven't you? The change in the air. The shadow of a sky yet to be. Winter is coming."
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

There is no Fire and Ice. There is only the Force. - Page 15 Empty Re: There is no Fire and Ice. There is only the Force.

Post by Dice Bot Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:24 pm

The member 'Rieverre' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'd20' : 13

--------------------------------

#2 'd10' : 7

Dice Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:13 pm

Rieverre wrote:... dammit ...

Well, the first thing I do is turn to Arya and tell her to "Focus, padawan. I don't suppose you'd listen if I told you to stay here and hide, so instead I'll trust you to stay at my back instead."

Then I'll start reciting the Code and hope it's enough to keep her from getting overwhelmed by what we're about to run into.

I don't bother with the bokken this time, and instead move towards and through the largest concentration of bandits and dispatching them with as much efficiency as I can muster. Bisecting them with my force blade, throwing around Pushes strong enough to shatter armor and bone ... for any who try to run, I lift a discarded weapon with the Force and use it as an impromptu projectile. I'm deliberate, dispassionate and methodical in wiping as many of the attackers as I can out within the least amount of time and without collateral.

Damn it indeed. When you get close you FEEL Arya's shock at what she sees. She pauses for a moment but then... then you feel something that has one of the voices in your head laughing his ass off.

Sheer unadulterated righteous fury.

And then you hear the scream of rage as Arya leaps through the air with a force enhanced jump, and all but cuts one of them in half before thrusting out her palm and sending another blasting clear through the wall of a burning building. A burning building made out of cut logs as thick as man's leg, mind you...

One of the men strikes out with his weapon, but she literally back flips away and throws her blade out, catching him right in the heart before pulling it back to herself with a force tug...

You need to calm your student, she's coming dangerously close to the Dark Side.

Why? This child is GLORIOUS! If only I'd had an apprentice such as her and had not been stuck with that useless fool, Skywalker!

rollan

It takes more than 10 minutes of him basically freaking out on you for him to tire out, but he doesn't seem to have gotten much if anything out of it.

"WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME!?"

"I'd like to call myself the former. I am a guest in their home and I teach them what I know so that they may see. And hear."

Then I speak with absolute conviction. "Because you've felt it, haven't you? The change in the air. The shadow of a sky yet to be. Winter is coming."

"Winter is always coming..."

Psyckosama
Admin

https://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:40 pm

Psyckosama wrote:Damn it indeed. When you get close you FEEL Arya's shock at what she sees. She pauses for a moment but then... then you feel something that has one of the voices in your head laughing his ass off.

Sheer unadulterated righteous fury.

And then you hear the scream of rage as Arya leaps through the air with a force enhanced jump, and all but cuts one of them in half before thrusting out her palm and sending another blasting clear through the wall of a burning building. A burning building made out of cut logs as thick as man's leg, mind you...

One of the men strikes out with his weapon, but she literally back flips away and throws her blade out, catching him right in the heart before pulling it back to herself with a force tug...

You need to calm your student, she's coming dangerously close to the Dark Side.

Why? This child is GLORIOUS! If only I'd had an apprentice such as her and had not been stuck with that useless fool, Skywalker!

I floor any potential interruptions with a Force wave.

"Padawan! Control it, do not let it control you, otherwise at some point you'll end up little better than these," I Pull a bandit struggling to his feet towards me and bisect him in passing. "What else motivates them but blindly following their passion at the cost of anyone and anything that gets in their way?"

Let's face it, telling her to _stop_ at this point would likely not work, and this argument is probably the one that would get through to her.

It takes more than 10 minutes of him basically freaking out on you for him to tire out, but he doesn't seem to have gotten much if anything out of it.

"WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME!?"

"The question is not what _I_ want from you. It's what _you_ want from yourself."

"Winter is always coming..."

"For most of the Starks, it did not come in their time. For these, it will be different. Which is why I believe I am here."
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:46 pm

Rieverre wrote:I floor any potential interruptions with a Force wave.

"Padawan! Control it, do not let it control you, otherwise at some point you'll end up little better than these," I Pull a bandit struggling to his feet towards me and bisect him in passing. "What else motivates them but blindly following their passion at the cost of anyone and anything that gets in their way?"

Let's face it, telling her to _stop_ at this point would likely not work, and this argument is probably the one that would get through to her.

You feel her calm and she darts forward, rolling under one man only to literally cut him off at the knees (OUCH!) before moving on. She's still pissed but she's controlling it. She's not using the Dark Side, but trying to let it flow around her and not dominate her. She's controlling her passion not the other way around... which honestly is the best you could expect. Even you are forcing down rage at this. As would anyone, Jedi or not.

Anyways, once she has control you kill most, but she's finished off half a dozen easy...

She looks up at you when you're done and then all but collapses onto you... she's SPENT.

"The question is not what _I_ want from you. It's what _you_ want from yourself."

"What kind of stupid question is that?!"

"For most of the Starks, it did not come in their time. For these, it will be different. Which is why I believe I am here."

"Oh, that winter... all is death, death is all. It has always been coming and now it will arrive."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:20 pm

Psyckosama wrote:You feel her calm and she darts forward, rolling under one man only to literally cut him off at the knees (OUCH!) before moving on. She's still pissed but she's controlling it. She's not using the Dark Side, but trying to let it flow around her and not dominate her. She's controlling her passion not the other way around... which honestly is the best you could expect. Even you are forcing down rage at this. As would anyone, Jedi or not.

I'm not forcing it down. If anything, I'm doing the Tranquil Fury thing and directing it as appropriate. Passion yet serenity and all that. If I start forcing it down it'll just sit there and simmer. That's not really healthy.

I'm actually more impressed by Arya managing what she's managing than I would be by her simply keeping calm all the way through.

Anyways, once she has control you kill most, but she's finished off half a dozen easy...

She looks up at you when you're done and then all but collapses onto you... she's SPENT.

There are techniques for that. I use some of my reserves to slowly build hers back up and take care of the fatigue. It won't be instantaneous but at least she'll not be passing out on her feet too soon.

Anyway, now it's time for damage control and triage. I'll try to get the people organized, gather any wounded who aren't terminal and see that they're taken care of.

Plus, try to find any surviving bandits and secure them for future interrogation.

"What kind of stupid question is that?!"

"The most important question any man may answer in their lifetime."

"Oh, that winter... all is death, death is all. It has always been coming and now it will arrive."

"And they will face it with tooth and claw, as it were. It's not the worst members of my Order have weathered and beaten back."
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:53 pm

Rieverre wrote:I'm not forcing it down. If anything, I'm doing the Tranquil Fury thing and directing it as appropriate. Passion yet serenity and all that. If I start forcing it down it'll just sit there and simmer. That's not really healthy.

I'm actually more impressed by Arya managing what she's managing than I would be by her simply keeping calm all the way through.

Ah. Well, she's pretty much... well...

There are techniques for that. I use some of my reserves to slowly build hers back up and take care of the fatigue. It won't be instantaneous but at least she'll not be passing out on her feet too soon.

Anyway, now it's time for damage control and triage. I'll try to get the people organized, gather any wounded who aren't terminal and see that they're taken care of.

Plus, try to find any surviving bandits and secure them for future interrogation.

Well, you let a couple live and there's the guy who's legs she cut off...

"The most important question any man may answer in their lifetime."

"What the fuck are you talking about?"

He honestly doesn't get it.

"And they will face it with tooth and claw, as it were. It's not the worst members of my Order have weathered and beaten back."

"Everything dies. When doesn't matter. The end still comes and all is dust and pain."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:22 am

Psyckosama wrote:Well, you let a couple live and there's the guy who's legs she cut off...

That should be more than enough. Now let's see to the villagers. We can put prisoners to the question after the remains of the immediate crisis have been dealt with.

"What the fuck are you talking about?"

He honestly doesn't get it.

"Where do you see yourself in five years? Ten?"

"Everything dies. When doesn't matter. The end still comes and all is dust and pain."

"For a given value of death. And yet here we both are. You know as well as I do that the mortal shells people wear are far from the end of it. And if you are there to speak for the dead, how can they be truly gone?"
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:24 am

Rieverre wrote:That should be more than enough. Now let's see to the villagers. We can put prisoners to the question after the remains of the immediate crisis have been dealt with.

It's a mess. A lot of them are dead, others were being taken prisoner... and most of the village is on fire. These people just lost everything. And they seem to be a little frightened of you. After all, you show up with a LITTLE GIRL and you kill all the attackers. With the LITTLE GIRL killing a HALF DOZEN herself.

"Where do you see yourself in five years? Ten?"

"Is my father dead? Because the only way I'm ever going home is over his dead body. They might not have told you, but I'm a hostage."

"For a given value of death. And yet here we both are. You know as well as I do that the mortal shells people wear are far from the end of it. And if you are there to speak for the dead, how can they be truly gone?"

"Life is suffering. Death is the shadow of suffering. Death is the only mercy."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:04 pm

Psyckosama wrote:It's a mess. A lot of them are dead, others were being taken prisoner... and most of the village is on fire. These people just lost everything. And they seem to be a little frightened of you. After all, you show up with a LITTLE GIRL and you kill all the attackers. With the LITTLE GIRL killing a HALF DOZEN herself.

Well, first order of business, getting the fire under control. I use the Force to make some fire-breaks and pluck the bits that are blatantly on fire off and smother them.

I tell the people their lord sent to Winterfell for help, and so here we are. Meanwhile, while I'm dealing with the fire can they get the wounded together for me to look at? That would save a lot of time.

"Is my father dead? Because the only way I'm ever going home is over his dead body. They might not have told you, but I'm a hostage."

"I can think of several ways, offhand, for you to be able to go home without your father or the Starks or the King being dead. And that's before considering you may have the potential to outfight anyone presently holding power in the Iron Islands. Unfortunately I can't offer to teach you until I'm sure you'll be more considerate than to use those teachings to do something ill advised."

"Life is suffering. Death is the shadow of suffering. Death is the only mercy."

"Endure. In enduring, grow strong. Whether in death or in life, I believe that remains applicable. Death isn't a mercy. It just is. If nothing else, the proof of that is standing right here before me," I give the wolf-thing gestalt a sardonic grin. "The Starks who come here in the future? Chances are, they'll be able to see and hear. What will you show and tell -them-?"
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:39 pm

Rieverre wrote:Well, first order of business, getting the fire under control. I use the Force to make some fire-breaks and pluck the bits that are blatantly on fire off and smother them.

d10

I tell the people their lord sent to Winterfell for help, and so here we are. Meanwhile, while I'm dealing with the fire can they get the wounded together for me to look at? That would save a lot of time.

They're really happy to have it... though they're kinda frightened by your magic.

"I can think of several ways, offhand, for you to be able to go home without your father or the Starks or the King being dead. And that's before considering you may have the potential to outfight anyone presently holding power in the Iron Islands. Unfortunately I can't offer to teach you until I'm sure you'll be more considerate than to use those teachings to do something ill advised."

"You're kidding me, right?"

"Endure. In enduring, grow strong. Whether in death or in life, I believe that remains applicable. Death isn't a mercy. It just is. If nothing else, the proof of that is standing right here before me," I give the wolf-thing gestalt a sardonic grin. "The Starks who come here in the future? Chances are, they'll be able to see and hear. What will you show and tell -them-?"

Give me a dice roll. d10

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:54 pm

Psyckosama wrote:d10

rollan

They're really happy to have it... though they're kinda frightened by your magic.

That's fine. I tell them as much. They can judge us by our actions.

Is Arya well enough to talk to people? If so, she's a lot less threatening than I am, so if she feels up to it I'll have her take care of talking to the women who were being rounded up.

"You're kidding me, right?"

"No. You've heard what I teach. And you're not stupid. Inexperienced, but not stupid. You have an idea of what I could do if I put my mind to it, and you're wondering - if he can really do that, why doesn't he walk into King's Landing and declare himself sovereign, few if anyone could even be a stumbling block. Assume for a moment you had that kind of power. Where would you take your life if you did?"

Give me a dice roll. d10

rollan
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Dice Bot Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:54 pm

#1 'd10' : 5

--------------------------------

#2 'd10' : 8

Dice Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:58 pm

Rieverre wrote:rollan

You manage to put out the worst of it, but the town is still a ruin. Now its a smoldering ruin rather than a burning one.

That's fine. I tell them as much. They can judge us by our actions.

Is Arya well enough to talk to people? If so, she's a lot less threatening than I am, so if she feels up to it I'll have her take care of talking to the women who were being rounded up.

Honestly she looks like she just wants to go to sleep at this point. Fighting took a lot out of her.

"No. You've heard what I teach. And you're not stupid. Inexperienced, but not stupid. You have an idea of what I could do if I put my mind to it, and you're wondering - if he can really do that, why doesn't he walk into King's Landing and declare himself sovereign, few if anyone could even be a stumbling block. Assume for a moment you had that kind of power. Where would you take your life if you did?"

"Anywhere I damned well pleased."

rollan

"I will grant them mercy!"

It strikes out at you, roll another d10

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:11 pm

Psyckosama wrote:You manage to put out the worst of it, but the town is still a ruin. Now its a smoldering ruin rather than a burning one.

Still an improvement, so I'll take it.

Honestly she looks like she just wants to go to sleep at this point. Fighting took a lot out of her.

Well, in that case I'll find her a place to do so, probably well within sensing distance, and get to keeping people alive. I draft whatever herbalists, midwives and people with similar skillsets there are around.

"Anywhere I damned well pleased."

"Understandable," I nod. "But, and this is the important part so pay attention - and _then_ what? My own people were very much like that. The Mandalorians sought honor in strength. In battle. Often, that would be against the very order which I am now a part of. With the power you could hold, conquest would not be too much of a challenge. -And what then-?"

It strikes out at you, roll another d10

rolling to disbelieve
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Dice Bot Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:11 pm

'd10' : 1

Dice Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by GundamChief Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:31 am

Psyckosama wrote:"Correct me if I'm wrong, but most small folk identity primarily with their village? Correct? They really don't identify with which house rules them, which lord paramount they owe final loyalty. It's just them, their kin, and the man in the big stone house who will club them if they don't pay their taxes on time. If there's a war, armies come, ruin their lives and there's a new boss... same as the old boss. The north might be different due to your unique religious and ethnic history, but chances are between Dorne and the Neck it's pretty much one great mass of Andal peasants with the borders being the artifact of the nobility."

"In a citizenry society there is a focus on pride and identity, from the lowest beggar to the High Chancellor of the Senate. All hold the title of citizen. All of them are sons and daughters of the Republic. It protects them, it shelters them, and when they speak, it is supposed to listen and take their needs into account. On the national level, via the senate. On the local level it depends on the member state at hand, but even nations with societies similar to Westeros the nobility will normally have citizen's councils whose job it is to be a bridge between the rules and the people. This agency gives them pride, makes them feel like they matter... that they don't exist simply to pay taxes and die. And that pride is the midwife of loyalty. The Republic has stood for ten thousand years because no matter how badly beaten we are, for might of the republic comes not from not just the power of the Jedi, but the courage and loyalty of countless citizen-soldiers."

"Interesting way of running things, and your words are mostly true. However, You will find that the people of the north are more than a little prideful and loyal than you realize. It also depends on the house and how they treat their vassals. Some are more brutal then others."

He gives a quick glance at Theon, whom doesn't notice as he was paying rapt attention to you.

define this question

which Star Wars Era do you start with?

I nod. "That is my belief. Perhaps my reason for being here is to help recreate the order here. It is probably no mistake I was lead to you and your kin. You are brave and noble folk and would make wonderful Jedi," I smile, "In some parts of the republic there are Jedi Lords. Jedi who due to their courage, compassion, and wisdom have been asked to rule over some of the more isolated areas of the Republic. These Jedi often have many of the trappings of nobility and are known for being some of the most stalwart defenders of the people. You family would make outstanding Jedi Lords."

"It's a bit presumptuous to assume you are here for such a grand purpose. The gods are not often clear in their intentions, and from the sounds of it, neither is this force. Though if that is what you seek to do, then you already have taken the first steps. You just need to show the merits now."

Benjen starts out slow like any other pupil, but once he gets the idea of what he's doing, he takes to it like a fish to water. He hasn't been able to personally touch the force just yet, but his meditation technique will allow him to do so in no time. His working in learning the code, as well as the basic knowledge and beginning history of the Jedi also goes well, absorbing it like a sponge.

Of particular interest to him regards the wars of the Sith and Jedi of the time and how they even started. How these people had fallen to the darkside. His interests was in understanding the "why" of it. The darkside had clearly shown him the dangers, and he was seeking to learn of how the corruption affects people.

I do inform him and the others that the training they're seeing is the high intensity version... normally used for adults and those who need to learn extremely quickly. If their parents will allow it I can teach them in a more... sedate manner. Or if they feel they can handle it, they can join Benjen.

My offer is open to Ned, the children, and Theon if Ned will allow it.

I do talk to Ned about Theon. I'd like to take him under my wing. I might not teach him to be a Jedi, at least not yet, without Ned's say so... but I'll be able to turn him in a good direction and maybe put him in the direction of being ready to become a Jedi.

The children are like "Ooooh" and their interest returns as they watch, but it's mostly Jon, and Arya at the moment. Bran of course is showing more interest then the others.

Ned wants to see what it can do for Benjen before allowing any training.

As for Theon, again, time, but you have to back up your words with action as he stated. He's a special case that must be handled carefully.

GM: Do you want a time skip, if so, how long?

1D10 per month for training of Benjen

1D100 for events if you choose to do anything like helping the people and so on.

1D100 for anything (each thing) you want to try and accomplish outside of these two previous rolls mentioned.

===

Alex

===

This is about the point she levels off though. She's working hard but the girl seems to function in leaps. She'll bound forward then have to catch up to her own success before she can do so again.

If that's how she learns, then that's how she learns. In a way it's a good thing. Success, followed by hardship in repeating it, can show one can accomplish what they set out to do, but keeps them humble as they learn how hard it is to keep doing it.

I start teaching her basic aerobics, and basic gymnastics, as they are the stepping stone to Ateru.

Obi-Wan thinks that that is a bit too military.

These people don't know the history behind that since they have "healers" rather then established medical practices. Medic is also a term used for a Practitioner or Student learning the ways of medicine, and is still used as such in my world outside of the military. So it fits since she is learning the ways of healing with the force.

Most knights have some medical training actually. Though in retrospect, not as much as they should...

Healing themselves mostly from what my knowledge tells me. Jedi Healers are already a specialization of Consular's as said within the Jedi Path, but I want to make a branch of knights within the Jedi who specialize in healing. In the old Jedi, they worked closely with the healing corps, but here I would make them a part of it while still being Knights.

Still would be worth looking at the Maester's records. Give you a foundation.

Pretty sure that was part of what I did when I started teaching ways of better medical/sanitation/etc before. Regardless, I do so. Same with the aforementioned stuff.

He agrees. Though this woman isn't a knight. She's a healer.

He suggest having the Maester work with her on basic anatomy and the like and teaching her some more traditional methods of medical care as well. To be a true healer she needs to be able to heal without using the force.

Of course. I do so, in addition to what I added for the Maester before.

I also take note of her now youthful appearance and look to see how the husband is reacting to that, as well as everyone else. I can see jealousy looming  Cool

Ned will try it for some time. He has other duties but nothing outstanding has presented itself to him. He can afford to do so for a time. The father is willing and able. So they do...

And fucking CHRIST. Ned does well. He seems to take the strain and stress with good humor and focus. He understands that hardship breeds strength and his abilities only continue to grow.

The father on the other hand seems to be in his element. He's a hard man used to working hard for every success no matter how petty it might be. To him this is the proper way to learn. Sitting down with his thumbs in his arse contemplating his belly button is no way to learn. This... this though is what MEN do! They fight, they sweat, they bleed, they curse every moment of it, then they get up the next day and do it all over again! Because they're MEN!

He's catching up. Smile

Oh and he's also now officially looks like David Della Rocco.

I'm sure my handling the lesser problems of court before they reach court have nothing to do with his free time :p

Glad to hear it's working for them. Every student learns differently. So the father requires more hands on training. Would have been nice to see some indication of that before now.

I expected Ned to do well really. He can go back to the normal training when he wants to, since as Lord he has responsibilities and cannot dedicate all his time, but I suggest keeping up the Dagobah training when time permits to see how far he can push it.

Regardless, I keep up the Dagobah training for the father since he seems to thrive in it, but I do as Yoda and talk philosophy and meditation, and so on, as they train.

She's a little skeptical. You're still young, but she gets it. She's seen how her mother looks years younger and there's no rush is there?

One would be surprised what they miss out on in youth. I would know.

In her case, there's no real rush, but that doesn't mean she should not explore either.

By the time she becomes a knight, if she seeks that, she will be in her early to mid 20s. A much better time to be alive really. You have youth, but with an adult mind.

Plus with the force, she'll probably live far longer than most women. The oldest I know lived to be 101 before she died.

She seems to have picked up well and is being serious. Her progress is extremely impressive.

Very good. She has the potential. She just needs to focus. Remember the code.

It works. Kinda. They're still going at middling speed but they're no longer lagging as they were.

Progress is progress, but obstacles stop progress. Now they lack those obstacles.

Bran is permitted by his father. Though he wants you to take it slow as he's even younger than Arya.

He is gifted though, that is for sure.

Understandable. He is around the age initiates of the Jedi Temple would be at. So he will get that level of training. He will have a good progression.

As for Theon, he wants you to spend time getting to know the boy and working on his moral character to make DOUBLE sure.

And Theon is willing...

And seems to be interested philosophically.

then I get him started on that path. No Force stuff, but definately begin the foundation of calming his inner self, as well as teaching him Jedi Philosophy and morality.

She accepts that and is a dutiful but unexceptional student.

Meanwhile Obi-wan has a suggestion that could get her into other Jedi arts: Tell her about Master Fey. The girl seems to be obsessed with being feminine. Maybe positive role model will help her become less... princess focused.

I do so.

he's a power fighter for sure. Obiwan suggest you start him with Djem So.

That was mt intention. I get him started on the basics of that, and even show a demonstration of it, as well as...arrow deflection, and how with the force the arrow can actually be sent at another target, or even back at the one who fired. Yes...arrows can actually ricochet, but obviously not as effective as blast bolts or bullets for that matter.

Training Rolls

Ned - (-2 on rolls)

GundamChief carried out 1 launched of one d10 :

Naylon - (-2 on rolls)

Selene

Sonjya

Marcus

Jacob

Sansa

Arya

Bran

Theon

GundamChief
GundamChief

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:04 pm

Rieverre wrote:Still an improvement, so I'll take it.

Righto.

Well, in that case I'll find her a place to do so, probably well within sensing distance, and get to keeping people alive. I draft whatever herbalists, midwives and people with similar skillsets there are around.

Well, they do what they can... and are a bit frightened of you. They're going to go to the lord's castle and beg for shelter until they can recover their losses and bury their dead.

"Understandable," I nod. "But, and this is the important part so pay attention - and _then_ what? My own people were very much like that. The Mandalorians sought honor in strength. In battle. Often, that would be against the very order which I am now a part of. With the power you could hold, conquest would not be too much of a challenge. -And what then-?"

"I don't know," he replies.

rolling to disbelieve

You side step its strike and basically cut it in half. It'll be a while before it can manifest again.

GundamChief wrote:"Interesting way of running things, and your words are mostly true. However, You will find that the people of the north are more than a little prideful and loyal than you realize. It also depends on the house and how they treat their vassals. Some are more brutal then others."

He gives a quick glance at Theon, whom doesn't notice as he was paying rapt attention to you.

"Of course, I was just giving examples. A strong sense of identity is one of the cornerstones of national identity. It's easier when you're all of one background. It's building a singular over multiple histories and identities that is difficult."

which Star Wars Era do you start with?

Honestly, I'm doing a little big of a hybrid, taking elements from the Cold War and the Clone Wars...

"It's a bit presumptuous to assume you are here for such a grand purpose. The gods are not often clear in their intentions, and from the sounds of it, neither is this force. Though if that is what you seek to do, then you already have taken the first steps. You just need to show the merits now."

I smile warmly. "There is very rarely such thing as a coincidence. If we're willing to follow, the force will guide you to where you need to be... Look at it from my point of view. I wake up on a beach beyond any part of the world I know, I run into a force sensitive man who takes me to meet his force sensitive family... all of whom are extremely powerful in the force. I do not wish to seem arrogant, but the only way the force could be more blunt in its intentions if if I started getting visions of you and your kin in robes when I meditate."

Benjen starts out slow like any other pupil, but once he gets the idea of what he's doing, he takes to it like a fish to water. He hasn't been able to personally touch the force just yet, but his meditation technique will allow him to do so in no time. His working in learning the code, as well as the basic knowledge and beginning history of the Jedi also goes well, absorbing it like a sponge.

I'll take him to meditate at the Heart Tree. It's presence in the force should aid him.

Of particular interest to him regards the wars of the Sith and Jedi of the time and how they even started. How these people had fallen to the darkside. His interests was in understanding the "why" of it. The darkside had clearly shown him the dangers, and he was seeking to learn of how the corruption affects people.

"It depends on the individual. For many it was sheer greed and lust for power. Others it was due to losing control of their simple human passions. It's why the first tenant is there is no emotion, there is peace, because if you loose control of your emotions, even the positive ones, you can become something dark. Even love, the most pure of emotions, can if you lose control of yourself can destroy you..."

I let that sink in. "Others, it was sadly the path to the force they were taught. A path of destructive selfishness." I take a deep breath.

"The Sith have a code of thier own. It's dangerous but it gives you an important insight to the Dark Side

"Peace is a lie, there is only passion."

"The Sith reject all pretenses of peace and instead revel in the excesses of their emotions."

"Through passion, I gain strength."

"This is a fact. The Dark Side is like a fast running river. Shallow but powerful, and extremely treacherous. One moment of weakness and it will break you upon the rapids."

"Through strength, I gain power."

"The Sith use their strength to gain personal power. Their ideals are rooted in pure self-interest above all else."

"Through power, I gain victory."

"To the Sith, Victory comes in many forms, but all too often it involves striking down any and all who get in the path of their desires."

"Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me."

"Here we come to the ultimate ideal of the Sith. It is simple, to do what they want, when they want, whenever they want with no limits on their desires. Honor? Duty? Basic human dignity? To them they are the only thing that matters and everyone else is a a toy, tool to be used and discarded when it suits them."

Psyckosama carried out 1 launched of one d10 :

We also go out to make him a Bokken to begin training in Jedi weapons styles.

The children are like "Ooooh" and their interest returns as they watch, but it's mostly Jon, and Arya at the moment. Bran of course is showing more interest then the others.

Ned wants to see what it can do for Benjen before allowing any training.

Alright.

As for Theon, again, time, but you have to back up your words with action as he stated. He's a special case that must be handled carefully.

Okay.

GM: Do you want a time skip, if so, how long?

Lets start with 1... just to get them settled.

1D100 for events if you choose to do anything like helping the people and so on.

That depends, what does Ned want me to do if anything? I'm at his disposal.

1D100 for anything (each thing) you want to try and accomplish outside of these two previous rolls mentioned.

Well, I spent time meditating and I ask to borrow the forge.

And make myself some proper armor... proper Mandalorian armor.

I also spend time telling the children stories about great Jedi. For example, I tell Sansa about Master Fey (In an attempt to show here that a Jedi can still be a feminine ideal) and get her to start thinking.

Psyckosama carried out 1 launched of one d100 :

===

Alex

===

If that's how she learns, then that's how she learns. In a way it's a good thing. Success, followed by hardship in repeating it, can show one can accomplish what they set out to do, but keeps them humble as they learn how hard it is to keep doing it.

I start teaching her basic aerobics, and basic gymnastics, as they are the stepping stone to Ateru.

She has some trouble with it. The mind is willing but the body is... well... she's a child. :p

Healing themselves mostly from what my knowledge tells me. Jedi Healers are already a specialization of Consular's as said within the Jedi Path, but I want to make a branch of knights within the Jedi who specialize in healing. In the old Jedi, they worked closely with the healing corps, but here I would make them a part of it while still being Knights.

That will work with some, but often Healers become such because they lack the power for other arts.

Pretty sure that was part of what I did when I started teaching ways of better medical/sanitation/etc before. Regardless, I do so. Same with the aforementioned stuff.

Alright. Well, she takes to it EXTREMELY well. Seriously, while she's low on power this woman's progress is downright terrifying. She'll probably be a master healer before anyone else makes Knight at this rate.

I also take note of her now youthful appearance and look to see how the husband is reacting to that, as well as everyone else. I can see jealousy looming  Cool

At this rate... well... you basically have to hand them a sack of Moon Tea and hope for the best.

I'm sure my handling the lesser problems of court before they reach court have nothing to do with his free time :p

Heh.

Glad to hear it's working for them. Every student learns differently. So the father requires more hands on training. Would have been nice to see some indication of that before now.

Seriously, the more you step on him the harder he gets.

I expected Ned to do well really. He can go back to the normal training when he wants to, since as Lord he has responsibilities and cannot dedicate all his time, but I suggest keeping up the Dagobah training when time permits to see how far he can push it.

Ned keeps trucking though you are getting some glares from Cat for some reason... :p

Regardless, I keep up the Dagobah training for the father since he seems to thrive in it, but I do as Yoda and talk philosophy and meditation, and so on, as they train.

Righto

One would be surprised what they miss out on in youth. I would know.

In her case, there's no real rush, but that doesn't mean she should not explore either.

By the time she becomes a knight, if she seeks that, she will be in her early to mid 20s. A much better time to be alive really. You have youth, but with an adult mind.

Plus with the force, she'll probably live far longer than most women. The oldest I know lived to be 101 before she died.

That's old... but not unheard of.

Very good. She has the potential. She just needs to focus. Remember the code.

She keeps working hard.

Progress is progress, but obstacles stop progress. Now they lack those obstacles.

The Elder though seems to take VERY well to weapons training. Frighteningly well actually. Good instincts that one

Understandable. He is around the age initiates of the Jedi Temple would be at. So he will get that level of training. He will have a good progression.

And he does VERY well, as you've come to expect of a Stark.

then I get him started on that path. No Force stuff, but definately begin the foundation of calming his inner self, as well as teaching him Jedi Philosophy and morality.

He does VERY well and seems to actually understand well. He doesn't seem to agree with all of it, but he's intelligent, thoughtful, and is a skilled debater.

Then comes the shocker moment... when he's meditating and you feel him touch the force on his own.

She accepts that and is a dutiful but unexceptional student.

Meanwhile Obi-wan has a suggestion that could get her into other Jedi arts: Tell her about Master Fey. The girl seems to be obsessed with being feminine. Maybe positive role model will help her become less... princess focused.

She's taking her time. She's putting in effort but she seems to be limited by a disinterest in the more physical aspects which is holding her back.

That was mt intention. I get him started on the basics of that, and even show a demonstration of it, as well as...arrow deflection, and how with the force the arrow can actually be sent at another target, or even back at the one who fired. Yes...arrows can actually ricochet, but obviously not as effective as blast bolts or bullets for that matter.

No arrow deflection, sorry. They too fragile.

But he does okay with the new style. Seems that he's been getting a little busy and isn't able to put as much focus into learning as he'd like. But he still does well...

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:07 pm

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GundamChief Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:46 pm

Psyckosama wrote:Honestly, I'm doing a little big of a hybrid, taking elements from the Cold War and the Clone Wars...

Well, you have got their attention. You tell them about the Republic, and the Empire of the Sith, and the war, and the subsequent cold war that followed and is currently happening.

It's made the Maester and Ned very nervous, knowing that there's a full blown stalemate happening somewhere int he world between what amounts to dark wizard empire versus forces of light. The last thing Westeros needs right now is to be drawn into a war of that magnitude. Fortunately you seem to come from far away.

I smile warmly. "There is very rarely such thing as a coincidence. If we're willing to follow, the force will guide you to where you need to be... Look at it from my point of view. I wake up on a beach beyond any part of the world I know, I run into a force sensitive man who takes me to meet his force sensitive family... all of whom are extremely powerful in the force. I do not wish to seem arrogant, but the only way the force could be more blunt in its intentions if if I started getting visions of you and your kin in robes when I meditate."

He looks at you for a moment and then chuckles "Well...when you put it that way."

I'll take him to meditate at the Heart Tree. It's presence in the force should aid him.

"It depends on the individual. For many it was sheer greed and lust for power. Others it was due to losing control of their simple human passions. It's why the first tenant is there is no emotion, there is peace, because if you loose control of your emotions, even the positive ones, you can become something dark. Even love, the most pure of emotions, can if you lose control of yourself can destroy you..."

I let that sink in. "Others, it was sadly the path to the force they were taught. A path of destructive selfishness." I take a deep breath.

"The Sith have a code of thier own. It's dangerous but it gives you an important insight to the Dark Side

"Peace is a lie, there is only passion."

"The Sith reject all pretenses of peace and instead revel in the excesses of their emotions."

"Through passion, I gain strength."

"This is a fact. The Dark Side is like a fast running river. Shallow but powerful, and extremely treacherous. One moment of weakness and it will break you upon the rapids."

"Through strength, I gain power."

"The Sith use their strength to gain personal power. Their ideals are rooted in pure self-interest above all else."

"Through power, I gain victory."

"To the Sith, Victory comes in many forms, but all too often it involves striking down any and all who get in the path of their desires."

"Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me."

"Here we come to the ultimate ideal of the Sith. It is simple, to do what they want, when they want, whenever they want with no limits on their desires. Honor? Duty? Basic human dignity? To them they are the only thing that matters and everyone else is a a toy, tool to be used and discarded when it suits them."

It helps, he is able to gain access to the force for the first time on his own when he meditates near the tree. It was overwhelming to him, and he danced in its light.

He also understands the Sith better. Pretty much all that a man can be in immoral methods and ways.

We also go out to make him a Bokken to begin training in Jedi weapons styles.

He takes to it quite well, being an already skilled warrior. He gets the first form quite fast, but isn't perfect.

Well, I spent time meditating and I ask to borrow the forge.

And make myself some proper armor... proper Mandalorian armor.

I also spend time telling the children stories about great Jedi. For example, I tell Sansa about Master Fey (In an attempt to show here that a Jedi can still be a feminine ideal) and get her to start thinking.

You make some awesome, and flawless armor for yourself. This stuff takes far more than what any equivalent can take, in fact, the force used to forge it actually has made it slightly more resilient than even standard Mandalorian armor.

The children are excited by your stories, but you'd need more to make them spellbound.

About 20 days into your first month in Winterfell, you get word from Stark that there are bandits causing trouble for southern trade routes. He would like you to take care of it, and take Benjen with you as an observer. He would like to see how you handle the situation.

Roll a 1D10

===

Alex

===

She has some trouble with it. The mind is willing but the body is... well... she's a child. :p

Which is why I teach the basics. Everyone has to start somewhere.

That will work with some, but often Healers become such because they lack the power for other arts.

Which is why I'll be encouraging knights who have the aptitude and desire to heal while still being Jedi, to become Hospitaliers.

Alright. Well, she takes to it EXTREMELY well. Seriously, while she's low on power this woman's progress is downright terrifying. She'll probably be a master healer before anyone else makes Knight at this rate.

Seems this woman was born to be a healer. Force guide her.

At this rate... well... you basically have to hand them a sack of Moon Tea and hope for the best.

Not surprising.

Seriously, the more you step on him the harder he gets.

Well, it's about to get harder for him.

Ned keeps trucking though you are getting some glares from Cat for some reason... :p

At this point I tell Stark Straight out "Take a week off, and care for your bride. She's giving me the evil eye for tiring you out...in fact...you get weekends off from now on. You have enough to deal with as Warden of the north as it is."

The Elder though seems to take VERY well to weapons training. Frighteningly well actually. Good instincts that one

I notice the younger one is having trouble, but I expected that. I keep encouraging them both, and the younger more so since the elder is doing well.

And he does VERY well, as you've come to expect of a Stark.

Alright then

He does VERY well and seems to actually understand well. He doesn't seem to agree with all of it, but he's intelligent, thoughtful, and is a skilled debater.

Then comes the shocker moment... when he's meditating and you feel him touch the force on his own.

Oh dear. Well...time to inform Ned.

"Well...I have set up a solid foundation within Theon to be a moral and just man, and will continue to do so. However...I will have to start teaching him Force knowledge earlier than expected. The boy has, against odds, managed to connect to the force on his own through meditation."

In turn, I continue to train Theon as I have, but I will add meditation control training, as well as physical training now since he's accessed the force. He also gets a bokken like all the other children have. I give him the same speech that I gave the family and stark children as to what the bokken represents, and how it is his.

She's taking her time. She's putting in effort but she seems to be limited by a disinterest in the more physical aspects which is holding her back.

Unfortunately for her, I'm her teacher, which means she has to do some physical training whether she likes it or not. However...to show her that she should learn, I decide to use the power of Force illusion to show her Master Fey in action.

I know this ability will make me want to show all sorts of things, so I make it clear that the ability can only really be used for a short time as long use of it drains the jedi quite fast.

I however decide to Show those who are interested a memory passed down through the Jedi seers to each generation that earns the right to see it.

The armor becomes a medieval equivelent, but still advanced looking. The weapons...the lightsabers become force blades, grenades stay the same but with a clockwork timer that releases a spring that makes a pin strike against flint which causes the powder to explode. Blaster Rifles are replaced by repeating crossbows with 20 bolt magazines. Pistols are replaced by a .80 caliber, single shot, flintlock pistol. Gatling blasters were replaced by primitive flame throwers, and the heavy blaster was replaced by a break action mortar. Droids were replaced by corrupted Mabari war hounds from Dragon Age. Fighters and star destroers are replaced by exotic birds and thundering clouds respectively.

I let them know the soldiers in white are mandalorian soldiers fighting for the republic, and the opposite were Sith.

At the end, the flares are still fired by flare guns, but instead of a sight from space, it was a sight from the nearby ocean, and it shows a fleet of ships with multiple masted galleys coming forth towards the land.

[quoteBut he does okay with the new style. Seems that he's been getting a little busy and isn't able to put as much focus into learning as he'd like. But he still does well...[/quote]

Effort is better than none at all.

With the weekends I give him, he should be able to focus better.

===
Training
===

Ned
Naylon
Selene
Sonjya
Sansa
Marcus
Jacob
Bran
Theon
Arya
GundamChief
GundamChief

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:17 pm

GundamChief wrote:Well, you have got their attention. You tell them about the Republic, and the Empire of the Sith, and the war, and the subsequent cold war that followed and is currently happening.

It's made the Maester and Ned very nervous, knowing that there's a full blown stalemate happening somewhere int he world between what amounts to dark wizard empire versus forces of light. The last thing Westeros needs right now is to be drawn into a war of that magnitude. Fortunately you seem to come from far away.

"Last thing I remember was a great battle. It was said the Sith were performing spells to create a terrible weapon..."

He looks at you for a moment and then chuckles "Well...when you put it that way."

I smile.

He also understands the Sith better. Pretty much all that a man can be in immoral methods and ways.

"The Sith were born of greed, of passion unchecked. The Force is powerful, but like all power is can tempt those who are looking for expediency over wisdom."

He takes to it quite well, being an already skilled warrior. He gets the first form quite fast, but isn't perfect.

Keep training...

You make some awesome, and flawless armor for yourself. This stuff takes far more than what any equivalent can take, in fact, the force used to forge it actually has made it slightly more resilient than even standard Mandalorian armor.

Awesome. Well, I start to finish and paint it... on one shoulderpad goes the symbol of the Jedi order

On the right breast, the Mandalorian Mythosaur skull.

The children are excited by your stories, but you'd need more to make them spellbound.

And I keep at it.

About 20 days into your first month in Winterfell, you get word from Stark that there are bandits causing trouble for southern trade routes. He would like you to take care of it, and take Benjen with you as an observer. He would like to see how you handle the situation.

I have my armor ready and pretty much as combat is likely I dress in my Mandalorian armor over my robes. I probably look EXTREMELY intimidating :p

Anyways, we go south and investigate. We're going to look for signs of who is doing this and why.

===

Alex

===

Which is why I teach the basics. Everyone has to start somewhere.

Aye.

Which is why I'll be encouraging knights who have the aptitude and desire to heal while still being Jedi, to become Hospitaliers.

That term is dangerously loaded though in IRL history Obi notes. The Chrsitian Knightly orders were pretty nasty.

Seems this woman was born to be a healer. Force guide her.

And her freakish progress continues.

Well, it's about to get harder for him.

And fucking christ... the more he suffers the stronger he gets. O.o

At this point I tell Stark Straight out "Take a week off, and care for your bride. She's giving me the evil eye for tiring you out...in fact...you get weekends off from now on. You have enough to deal with as Warden of the north as it is."

He blinks and blushes lightly. "As you say, teacher."

I notice the younger one is having trouble, but I expected that. I keep encouraging them both, and the younger more so since the elder is doing well.

The two keep doing extremely well.

Oh dear. Well...time to inform Ned.

"Well...I have set up a solid foundation within Theon to be a moral and just man, and will continue to do so. However...I will have to start teaching him Force knowledge earlier than expected. The boy has, against odds, managed to connect to the force on his own through meditation."

In turn, I continue to train Theon as I have, but I will add meditation control training, as well as physical training now since he's accessed the force. He also gets a bokken like all the other children have. I give him the same speech that I gave the family and stark children as to what the bokken represents, and how it is his.

He asks you to stop teaching him for the moment. He's not quite ready to deal with a Greyjoy Jedi. Theon is rightly upset.

You'll have to convince him.

Unfortunately for her, I'm her teacher, which means she has to do some physical training whether she likes it or not. However...to show her that she should learn, I decide to use the power of Force illusion to show her Master Fey in action.

I know this ability will make me want to show all sorts of things, so I make it clear that the ability can only really be used for a short time as long use of it drains the jedi quite fast.

I however decide to Show those who are interested a memory passed down through the Jedi seers to each generation that earns the right to see it.

The armor becomes a medieval equivelent, but still advanced looking. The weapons...the lightsabers become force blades, grenades stay the same but with a clockwork timer that releases a spring that makes a pin strike against flint which causes the powder to explode. Blaster Rifles are replaced by repeating crossbows with 20 bolt magazines. Pistols are replaced by a .80 caliber, single shot, flintlock pistol. Gatling blasters were replaced by primitive flame throwers, and the heavy blaster was replaced by a break action mortar. Droids were replaced by corrupted Mabari war hounds from Dragon Age. Fighters and star destroers are replaced by exotic birds and thundering clouds respectively.

I let them know the soldiers in white are mandalorian soldiers fighting for the republic, and the opposite were Sith.

At the end, the flares are still fired by flare guns, but instead of a sight from space, it was a sight from the nearby ocean, and it shows a fleet of ships with multiple masted galleys coming forth towards the land.

Horrifying and unlady like. Though the images of Fey in her more serene moments were very much what she thinks a woman should be like...

Effort is better than none at all.

And he starts to improve.

Also, I forgot to mention Jon. He wanted to be trained too and has been for a bit. He's doing reasonably well. Robb too...

Anyways... at about the middle of the Month you hear a loud SCREAM come from the direction of the Family crypts.

You rush over to find Arya and Bran catatonic with Sonjya barely lucid... there's a DARKNESS in the air. The Darkside is STRONG here... roll a d10.

And lets handle the emergencies before rolling for training. Except for catchup with Robb and Jon.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GundamChief Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:47 pm

Psyckosama wrote:"Last thing I remember was a great battle. It was said the Sith were performing spells to create a terrible weapon..."

Vague and ominous. Little one can do though.

Benjen continues training and he does very well. He's learning to tap into the force on instinct, but has yet to actually do anything with it.

In a few months however, at this rate, he'll be able to use basic force abilities.

Awesome. Well, I start to finish and paint it... on one shoulderpad goes the symbol of the Jedi order

On the right breast, the Mandalorian Mythosaur skull.

Neat.

And I keep at it.

Now they are spell bound as you add force stuff into your stories and demonstrate a bit.

I have my armor ready and pretty much as combat is likely I dress in my Mandalorian armor over my robes. I probably look EXTREMELY intimidating :p

Anyways, we go south and investigate. We're going to look for signs of who is doing this and why.

You reach the southern routes and with some investigating find that the raids are actually more organized then your usual rabble bandits tend to be.

After some searching you find that this is actually not the work of bandits, but the equivalent of the black market. Much more organized. They were stealing objects of worth to the north and vice versa for the south.

===

Alex

===

That term is dangerously loaded though in IRL history Obi notes. The Chrsitian Knightly orders were pretty nasty.

which no one in this world even knows about, and I won't if you don't. It will only appear like them superficially.

And her freakish progress continues.

Depending on her where I assess her progress, I may end up testing her soon.

And fucking christ... the more he suffers the stronger he gets. O.o

Yup...definitely looking like he's battle master material.

He blinks and blushes lightly. "As you say, teacher."

Good.

The two keep doing extremely well.

Where are they exactly?

He asks you to stop teaching him for the moment. He's not quite ready to deal with a Greyjoy Jedi. Theon is rightly upset.

You'll have to convince him.

I explain to him and Ned that it takes years to become Jedi. Adults who are excepted and trained usually become one more quickly due to life experience and skills they procured during that lifetime.

Theon is hardly anywhere near actual padawan levels of force skill. Most of the children are still Initiate levels, even better trained children like Arya and Sonjya.

To Ned I will slow down the training, but not stop it, as he has already tapped into the force, and there's nothing to stop him from doing it again whether I teach him or not. In fact, as a child, he now has access to the force, and if it drives him to anger, that will lead to an irrational fury, which leads to the darkside. At least with me teaching him, it can be under controlled conditions. I will be there to reinforce jedi standards into him. Also, yes he is a Greyjoy, but if he actually makes it to becoming Jedi, Greyjoy will be name only.

To Theon, Ned and the others have a different standard for you then they do their own children. They want you to become a person of strong moral character. Thus why the morals and ways of the Jedi are being focused on rather then the powers themselves. you have a sharp mind, and one with a head for people and understanding the weaving that binds people and politics. Continuing your training as you are, and you will master a branch of the force the others have yet to touch. The power of the senses. To master these however, he must have a strong mind to begin with. Hence the focus on philosophy and codes. They strengthen the mind with wisdom.

Horrifying and unlady like. Though the images of Fey in her more serene moments were very much what she thinks a woman should be like...

At the least she's doing much better despite her feelings on the matter. time will yield results.

And he starts to improve.

Also, I forgot to mention Jon. He wanted to be trained too and has been for a bit. He's doing reasonably well. Robb too...

That's all of the starks now. Neat. I've collected the whole set.

Continue with the training as usual.

Anyways... at about the middle of the Month you hear a loud SCREAM come from the direction of the Family crypts.

You rush over to find Arya and Bran catatonic with Sonjya barely lucid... there's a DARKNESS in the air. The Darkside is STRONG here... roll a d10.

And lets handle the emergencies before rolling for training. Except for catchup with Robb and Jon.

Great...

roll for the Darkness

Roll for Robb and Jon

GundamChief
GundamChief

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:04 pm

GundamChief wrote:Vague and ominous. Little one can do though.

"I know," I reply calmly. "Two words that have very dark implications when used in reference to the Sith."

Benjen continues training and he does very well. He's learning to tap into the force on instinct, but has yet to actually do anything with it.

By this point he should be floating rocks and blocking thrown rocks while blindfolded.

In a few months however, at this rate, he'll be able to use basic force abilities.

... it's been a few months dude.

Now they are spell bound as you add force stuff into your stories and demonstrate a bit.

I make sure to tell Sansa about Master Fey.... who honestly has the grace and beauty of the Maiden, the gentle kindness of the Matron, and the wisdom of the Crone... while being able to kick ass like the Warrior. :p

Noone knows how old she is, just she's always been around traveling across the republic helping all in need. It's said her power and skill is such that she hasn't had to draw a lightsaber in a centuries.

You reach the southern routes and with some investigating find that the raids are actually more organized then your usual rabble bandits tend to be.

After some searching you find that this is actually not the work of bandits, but the equivalent of the black market. Much more organized. They were stealing objects of worth to the north and vice versa for the south.

Find one, mind trick him, and have a "polite conversation" with the leadership...

Basically my objective is to capture them and turn them in to the local authorities for trial.

Ideally I'm not even going to draw my lightsaber.

===

Alex

===

which no one in this world even knows about, and I won't if you don't. It will only appear like them superficially.

He still thinks you should choose a more appropriate name...

Depending on her where I assess her progress, I may end up testing her soon.

Aye...

Yup...definitely looking like he's battle master material.

"This makes me feel young again! I haven't felt this way since my youth! This is how MEN learn!"

Where are they exactly?

Still at the youngling apprentice stage to be honest, but they're doing well.

I explain to him and Ned that it takes years to become Jedi. Adults who are excepted and trained usually become one more quickly due to life experience and skills they procured during that lifetime.

Theon is hardly anywhere near actual padawan levels of force skill. Most of the children are still Initiate levels, even better trained children like Arya and Sonjya.

To Ned I will slow down the training, but not stop it, as he has already tapped into the force, and there's nothing to stop him from doing it again whether I teach him or not. In fact, as a child, he now has access to the force, and if it drives him to anger, that will lead to an irrational fury, which leads to the darkside. At least with me teaching him, it can be under controlled conditions. I will be there to reinforce jedi standards into him. Also, yes he is a Greyjoy, but if he actually makes it to becoming Jedi, Greyjoy will be name only.

To Theon, Ned and the others have a different standard for you then they do their own children. They want you to become a person of strong moral character. Thus why the morals and ways of the Jedi are being focused on rather then the powers themselves. you have a sharp mind, and one with a head for people and understanding the weaving that binds people and politics. Continuing your training as you are, and you will master a branch of the force the others have yet to touch. The power of the senses. To master these however, he must have a strong mind to begin with. Hence the focus on philosophy and codes. They strengthen the mind with wisdom.

Ned reluctantly allows it... but wants to keep a close eye on the boy.

At the least she's doing much better despite her feelings on the matter. time will yield results.

At least she's training now, and Lady Fey gives her a role model.

As for how the others react... mostly terror and disgust.

Ned asks about the weapons.

That's all of the starks now. Neat. I've collected the whole set.

You still are shy a Benjen.

Continue with the training as usual.

Alright. Anyways the boys are doing well and seem to feed off eachother.

roll for the darkness

They awoke something down here. Something EVIL. You can hear laughter in the back of your mind and you see Ned go to one knee as you're bombarded with images of DEATH and PAIN. Of dying STARKS. You're able to shrug it off, but goddamn... this shit is easily Trial of Spirit level and for unprepared minds to get hit by it...

A vaguely humanoid Direwolf like figure drifts through the air... causing the children to shudder and Ned to cry out.

"Death! Death! Death! All is Death! All is Suffering! Winter is Coming! None will be spared! ALL WILL BE DEATH!"

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GundamChief Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:32 pm

Psyckosama wrote:... it's been a few months dude.

Fine. he's doing it. He'll be able to do more advanced basics.

I make sure to tell Sansa about Master Fey.... who honestly has the grace and beauty of the Maiden, the gentle kindness of the Matron, and the wisdom of the Crone... while being able to kick ass like the Warrior. :p

Noone knows how old she is, just she's always been around traveling across the republic helping all in need. It's said her power and skill is such that she hasn't had to draw a lightsaber in a centuries.

Up until that last part, she was interested. Now it sounds more like a legend then history. It's still interesting.

[quote]Find one, mind trick him, and have a "polite conversation" with the leadership...

Basically my objective is to capture them and turn them in to the local authorities for trial.

Ideally I'm not even going to draw my lightsaber.

yeah. not gonna happen.

the weaker minded ones give into you easily, but the leaders, they're not leaders by being merely muscle. They actually have a brain.

They send thugs at you, forcing you to draw your blade and fight, while they leave. They have heard of you from contacts in winterfell itself. They know you are beyond them.

roll a d100

===

Alex

===

He still thinks you should choose a more appropriate name...

Rolling Eyes

I'll think about it.

"This makes me feel young again! I haven't felt this way since my youth! This is how MEN learn!"

Good enthusiasm.

Ned reluctantly allows it... but wants to keep a close eye on the boy.

Two eyes, as he'll be under me in training.

At least she's training now, and Lady Fey gives her a role model.

As for how the others react... mostly terror and disgust.

Ned asks about the weapons.

Yeah, DarkSpawn are like that. Alchemical creations with Sith powers from benieth the earth.

As for the weapons. I explain to him what they are. The republic has fought alot, and I mean ALOT of wars where they had no choice but to continue making newer weapons to fight more and more wild enemies. Technology has generally been a slow march, with spurts of speed in times of need. Much like Westeros. Weapons these days are not too different, but the crossbows have been steadily getting replaced by more advanced firearms, with bolt action and repeater trigger mechanisms, which allow a greater rate of fire on the level of the auto-crossbow.

They awoke something down here. Something EVIL. You can hear laughter in the back of your mind and you see Ned go to one knee as you're bombarded with images of DEATH and PAIN. Of dying STARKS. You're able to shrug it off, but goddamn... this shit is easily Trial of Spirit level and for unprepared minds to get hit by it...

A vaguely humanoid Direwolf like figure drifts through the air... causing the children to shudder and Ned to cry out.

"Death! Death! Death! All is Death! All is Suffering! Winter is Coming! None will be spared! ALL WILL BE DEATH!"

Facing the Force Spirit full frontal will not stop it from hurting the others in the process. So I start with shielding the children and Ned from the mental assault first. Give them a chance to break off and get away maybe. Ned at the least will break from the horror factor.
GundamChief
GundamChief

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:49 pm

GundamChief wrote:
Fine. he's doing it. He'll be able to do more advanced basics.

Okay.

Up until that last part, she was interested. Now it sounds more like a legend then history. It's still interesting.

I look her in the eyes and lean in. "Master Fey is very real..." I shrug. "I will freely admit I had a crush on her as a youth... she's an exquisite woman."

When she asks about the age, I simply say, "There is no Death, there is the Force."

yeah. not gonna happen.

*sigh*

the weaker minded ones give into you easily, but the leaders, they're not leaders by being merely muscle. They actually have a brain.

They send thugs at you, forcing you to draw your blade and fight, while they leave. They have heard of you from contacts in winterfell itself. They know you are beyond them.

roll a d100

I beat the hell out of these guys and use the force to track and if need be, hobble the leaders... and while its a bit dark, I'm not against choking a bitch with the force to pause him. I follow the Kyle Katarn school of asskicking.

===

Alex

===

Rolling Eyes

I'll think about it.

*glare*

Good enthusiasm.

YOSH!

No. Not really :p

Two eyes, as he'll be under me in training.

He wants to personally.

Yeah, DarkSpawn are like that. Alchemical creations with Sith powers from benieth the earth.

As for the weapons. I explain to him what they are. The republic has fought alot, and I mean ALOT of wars where they had no choice but to continue making newer weapons to fight more and more wild enemies. Technology has generally been a slow march, with spurts of speed in times of need. Much like Westeros. Weapons these days are not too different, but the crossbows have been steadily getting replaced by more advanced firearms, with bolt action and repeater trigger mechanisms, which allow a greater rate of fire on the level of the auto-crossbow.

Terrifying. Distressing. And can you make them?

Facing the Force Spirit full frontal will not stop it from hurting the others in the process. So I start with shielding the children and Ned from the mental assault first. Give them a chance to break off and get away maybe. Ned at the least will break from the horror factor.

About that... you feel a wave of what can only be called tranquil fury. Not passionate rage of the Darkside, but more a determination to end the threat before him that is as cold and absolute as the winter his family words warn of.

Slowly Ned rises to his feet muttering the Jedi code under his breath and glares it it. "Release my children, monster."

"YOU WILL JOIN US!"

"Never."

"ALL WILL JOIN! HE IS MINE! SHE IS MINE! YOU ARE MINE! WHY WAIT! JOIN US NED! JOIN US! DEATH WILL TAKE ITS DUE!"

It leaps out at him but he summons his daughters bokken and dodges its strike, and instead bisects it with the glowing wooden blade. The shade lets out an unholy screech and breaks up.

Its not dead, but it will not be manifesting for a while.

He then drops the blade and runs to his children who while still out cold are no longer trapped by the visions....

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GundamChief Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:29 pm

Psyckosama wrote:I look her in the eyes and lean in. "Master Fey is very real..." I shrug. "I will freely admit I had a crush on her as a youth... she's an exquisite woman."

When she asks about the age, I simply say, "There is no Death, there is the Force."

She...is not sure if you are lying or not..but then again...she has alot to think about now.

I beat the hell out of these guys and use the force to track and if need be, hobble the leaders... and while its a bit dark, I'm not against choking a bitch with the force to pause him. I follow the Kyle Katarn school of asskicking.

Actually you don't need to track them at all. The guys you fought...hardly even a match for you, both you and Benjen. Please :p

you deal with them, force your way through locked doors and barricades, and catch up to them before they can even mount horses.

You deal with them without any trouble at all.

Benjen mutters "if only it were this easy all the time..."

He explains he's dealt with this sort of thing before, and even the Black Watch has SOME connections with such markets. Usually...they are much harder to find and deal with. Force powers are just...he would say it was cheating if it wasn't so damned enjoyable to see scum such as this get what they deserve.

===

Alex

===

He wants to personally.

that's his choice...actually it would be good to have someone else for him to talk, debate, and learn from. I mean...Ned wants him to be a moral man right? how often has Ned actually taken time to do this though?

So these sessions should become interesting.

Terrifying. Distressing. And can you make them?

I can make some of them. Jedi are more reliant upon their abilities then making those weapons.

The firearms, not even. Westeros doesn't have the tools to make the tools to make the parts needed for those weapons, let alone the infrastructure to mass produce them as the Republic does. Each weapon would have to be a custom job. I can make flintlock weapons, which were in the memory, but only the oldest and simplest models. The ones in the memory have features I can't even begin to reproduce.

Grenades? I can make basic ones with a fuse, but not the ones with the timer. So that is iffy. Machine smiths are needed, and again, tools to make the tools. Westeros doesn't have the tools needed to even make the timers, let alone the mechanisms to light the powder and make it explode.

Flame Throwers? otherwise called Flamers? Not even. That process requires machines that even I'm not entire knowledgeable on. I can make the liquid though, so there's that.

The only weapon I can make easily are the repeating crossbows. They were a standard military weapon int he republic for a long, long time. There's all kinds of bolts for the weapon too. Armor piercing, kinetic tipped, explosive tipped, incendiary tipped, and so on.

Yes I can teach him to make these weapons, but that however will have to come at a cost.

I have been a giving man, but this is a Republic technology I would be giving away. I still have my honor and loyalty to my homeland. I'm sure Ned can understand.

If he swears not to share the knowledge of how to make these weapons with any other house, no matter who asks, then I will give them to him. The explosive powder alone is worth dying, and killing for. That one has changed the face of warfare as the republic knew it. Walls and fortifications become pretty meaningless when cannons get involved. Arm races are just as bad as wars. the only reason it hasn't been common in the Republic is that everyone has their own agendas and we had too much to deal with from threats to fight one another. Plus with all the conflicts, people have learned the value of peace.

Yeah...this is a touchy thing for me.

Ned can understand my hesitation and fears.

About that... you feel a wave of what can only be called tranquil fury. Not passionate rage of the Darkside, but more a determination to end the threat before him that is as cold and absolute as the winter his family words warn of.

Slowly Ned rises to his feet muttering the Jedi code under his breath and glares it it. "Release my children, monster."

"YOU WILL JOIN US!"

"Never."

"ALL WILL JOIN! HE IS MINE! SHE IS MINE! YOU ARE MINE! WHY WAIT! JOIN US NED! JOIN US! DEATH WILL TAKE ITS DUE!"

It leaps out at him but he summons his daughters bokken and dodges its strike, and instead bisects it with the glowing wooden blade. The shade lets out an unholy screech and breaks up.

Its not dead, but it will not be manifesting for a while.

He then drops the blade and runs to his children who while still out cold are no longer trapped by the visions....

I make my way over to Sonjya, and lift her before getting Ned and his out of there. They need rest, and a serious dose of light side to reduce what they just been exposed to.

Still...Ned technically passed a test there...but not entirely.

Right now though, these four need rest, and family comfort. I've been teaching Ned Force empathy, so he knows how to project his feelings, and through him Cats. Thier love will help.

Same for Naylon and Selene for Sonjya.

I have to...meditate...before I let my emotions take me. I'm very unhappy right now, for all sorts of reasons.
GundamChief
GundamChief

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:19 am

GundamChief wrote:She...is not sure if you are lying or not..but then again...she has alot to think about now.

"The force allows one to do amazing things, such as slow or halt their aging."

Actually you don't need to track them at all. The guys you fought...hardly even a match for you, both you and Benjen. Please :p

Just making sure.

you deal with them, force your way through locked doors and barricades, and catch up to them before they can even mount horses.

"THey always run," I mutter, "Why do they bother?"

You deal with them without any trouble at all.

Benjen mutters "if only it were this easy all the time..."

I give him a sideways glance. "Get used to it, my padawan learner."

He explains he's dealt with this sort of thing before, and even the Black Watch has SOME connections with such markets. Usually...they are much harder to find and deal with.

"Considering where they'll probably end up, I'm hardly suppressed."

Force powers are just...he would say it was cheating if it wasn't so damned enjoyable to see scum such as this get what they deserve.

"Jedi use their powers to protect and defend, never for attack," I reply, "As long as you use your powers to stop evil and not cause it, you'll never have to worry about cheating. Some might call it unsporting, but tell that to the people they hurt."

===

Alex

===

that's his choice...actually it would be good to have someone else for him to talk, debate, and learn from. I mean...Ned wants him to be a moral man right? how often has Ned actually taken time to do this though?

So these sessions should become interesting.

Very. D10 please Smile

I can make some of them. Jedi are more reliant upon their abilities then making those weapons.

The firearms, not even. Westeros doesn't have the tools to make the tools to make the parts needed for those weapons, let alone the infrastructure to mass produce them as the Republic does. Each weapon would have to be a custom job. I can make flintlock weapons, which were in the memory, but only the oldest and simplest models. The ones in the memory have features I can't even begin to reproduce.

Grenades? I can make basic ones with a fuse, but not the ones with the timer. So that is iffy. Machine smiths are needed, and again, tools to make the tools. Westeros doesn't have the tools needed to even make the timers, let alone the mechanisms to light the powder and make it explode.

Flame Throwers? otherwise called Flamers? Not even. That process requires machines that even I'm not entire knowledgeable on. I can make the liquid though, so there's that.

The only weapon I can make easily are the repeating crossbows. They were a standard military weapon int he republic for a long, long time. There's all kinds of bolts for the weapon too. Armor piercing, kinetic tipped, explosive tipped, incendiary tipped, and so on.

Yes I can teach him to make these weapons, but that however will have to come at a cost.

I have been a giving man, but this is a Republic technology I would be giving away. I still have my honor and loyalty to my homeland. I'm sure Ned can understand.

If he swears not to share the knowledge of how to make these weapons with any other house, no matter who asks, then I will give them to him. The explosive powder alone is worth dying, and killing for. That one has changed the face of warfare as the republic knew it. Walls and fortifications become pretty meaningless when cannons get involved. Arm races are just as bad as wars. the only reason it hasn't been common in the Republic is that everyone has their own agendas and we had too much to deal with from threats to fight one another. Plus with all the conflicts, people have learned the value of peace.

Yeah...this is a touchy thing for me.

Ned can understand my hesitation and fears.

And he'll excuse it for now as there is no great need.

te]I make my way over to Sonjya, and lift her before getting Ned and his out of there. They need rest, and a serious dose of light side to reduce what they just been exposed to.

All of them it seems were bombarded with the dying horror of countless Starks, but Arya and Bran, as actual Starks... it was draining thier lifeforce. Both are VERY weak.

Still...Ned technically passed a test there...but not entirely.

He did a well enough job for most councils

Right now though, these four need rest, and family comfort. I've been teaching Ned Force empathy, so he knows how to project his feelings, and through him Cats. Thier love will help.

Actually Ned is more pissed than anything. It didn't have a chance to latch on. More it smacked him in the face, knocked him down, and he stood up and punched its lights out Razz

Same for Naylon and Selene for Sonjya.

They tend to thier daughter

I have to...meditate...before I let my emotions take me. I'm very unhappy right now, for all sorts of reasons.

Noone is... the children are going to be having nightmares for a good long time thanks to this while Ned is trying to calm his wife.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:42 am

Psyckosama wrote:Well, they do what they can... and are a bit frightened of you. They're going to go to the lord's castle and beg for shelter until they can recover their losses and bury their dead.

In that case, Arya and I will escort them. We were going to their lord regardless, and beyond that we have prisoners to drop off and interrogate.

"I don't know," he replies.

"It's something to consider. You'll certainly outlive your father if you don't come to an end in misadventure, though more likely than not you'll have to enforce your claim. Assume you've done that. Where do you go from there?"

I kind of want to get him thinking more long-term first. Or rather, just get him thinking in the first place.

You side step its strike and basically cut it in half. It'll be a while before it can manifest again.

I sink into meditation briefly, to apologize to the spirits of those laid to rest here for the disturbance.

After that, I'll explore around a bit more before letting Ned know what I found, and that it's not really a good idea to go down there right now. At least, not for any of the sensitives in his family. It's definitely a place where you could send people to take their Trial of Spirit though.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by GundamChief Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:17 am

Psyckosama wrote:"THey always run," I mutter, "Why do they bother?"

Criminal Nature.

They run, you chase.

"Jedi use their powers to protect and defend, never for attack," I reply, "As long as you use your powers to stop evil and not cause it, you'll never have to worry about cheating. Some might call it unsporting, but tell that to the people they hurt."

In the end you confiscate and gain all the items that were stolen from the north, along with finding several items of worth to local villages.

You also find things that were not part of the lists of valuables stolen recently.

roll 3D100

===

Alex

===

Very. D10 please Smile

After a few days of thought, I decide that the Auto-Crossbow would be alright to give without feeling too bad about it. They are widely used in the republic, even by citizens (or peasents as he would consider them) and the military is moving n to better weapons. The chances of Westeros meeting and going to war with them is nil at the moment, and while it will change how wars are generally fought here, it wouldn't make Westeros into a military Juggernaut.

So I go to the local bowyer, and start making a dozen of them with local materials.

All of them it seems were bombarded with the dying horror of countless Starks, but Arya and Bran, as actual Starks... it was draining thier lifeforce. Both are VERY weak.

I force heal them, instilling lifeforce into them when I get the chance. I make sure Selene is there to see and learn so she can do the same.

He did a well enough job for most councils

I'm not most councils.

Still...I guess one Test of Spirit is as good as another, even if it wasn't what I planned for.

Actually Ned is more pissed than anything. It didn't have a chance to latch on. More it smacked him in the face, knocked him down, and he stood up and punched its lights out Razz

I'll have a talk with him later regarding the crypt. He knew through his training and me that it was flowing with the darkside, but with an actual spirit there, it might need to be dealt with sooner than later.

No one is... the children are going to be having nightmares for a good long time thanks to this while Ned is trying to calm his wife.

I forsee their training being hampered for awhile because of this...on the other hand it might make them realize how dangerous the darkside actually is, and strengthen their resolve to fight it.

time will tell.

I roll for their recovery with my helping them if it actually does anything.

GundamChief
GundamChief

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:51 am

GundamChief wrote:Criminal Nature.

They run, you chase.

Rhetorical question.

In the end you confiscate and gain all the items that were stolen from the north, along with finding several items of worth to local villages.

Right. We also drag the idiots in for trial. And ironically I'll be there to argue to make sure the punishments arn't excessive and to make sure that noone slips through the cracks. Because I'm a Jedi, that's what I do.

I also interrogate the leaders to find their connections outside this area. I use traditional non-torture interrogation methods combined with the mind trick.

You also find things that were not part of the lists of valuables stolen recently.

roll 3D100

Psyckosama carried out 3 launched of one d100 :
80 , 51 , 1

===

Alex

===

Very. D10 please Smile

After a few days of thought, I decide that the Auto-Crossbow would be alright to give without feeling too bad about it. They are widely used in the republic, even by citizens (or peasents as he would consider them) and the military is moving n to better weapons. The chances of Westeros meeting and going to war with them is nil at the moment, and while it will change how wars are generally fought here, it wouldn't make Westeros into a military Juggernaut.

So I go to the local bowyer, and start making a dozen of them with local materials.[/quote]

You manage to make up a number of functioning repeating crossbows. The advantage is their high rate of fire. The problem is they don't have nearly as much stopping power as a standard crossbow.

I force heal them, instilling lifeforce into them when I get the chance. I make sure Selene is there to see and learn so she can do the same.

They recover well enough, but they're still weak as kittens.

I'm not most councils.

Still...I guess one Test of Spirit is as good as another, even if it wasn't what I planned for.

Aye.

I'll have a talk with him later regarding the crypt. He knew through his training and me that it was flowing with the darkside, but with an actual spirit there, it might need to be dealt with sooner than later.

Whatever it is, it's... FEEDING off the deaths of his ancestors. It must be destroyed.

I forsee their training being hampered for awhile because of this...on the other hand it might make them realize how dangerous the darkside actually is, and strengthen their resolve to fight it.

time will tell.

I roll for their recovery with my helping them if it actually does anything.

Arya and the daughter both recover well enough, as thier force training helps them. Bran's still too green and too young, and is having severe nightmares.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 17 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next