Giant Stompy Robots
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

There is no Fire and Ice. There is only the Force.

+2
Rieverre
Psyckosama
6 posters

Page 17 of 17 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17

Go down

There is no Fire and Ice. There is only the Force. - Page 17 Empty Re: There is no Fire and Ice. There is only the Force.

Post by Rieverre Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:52 pm

Psyckosama wrote:Oh for the love of...

Well. Um. Yeah.

In the name of Raptor Jesus and all his prehistoric pals... Oi vey!

You're suck there for TWO WEEKS, meanwhile Arya has more and more problems dealing with the force presence of the place. She's a genius, but she's still a young girl and this place is a rotting cespit of lingering human suffering. This hidey hole isn't something new. It's just someone here's gotten really ambitious and it's been used and reused for generations. There's just some kind of dark presence here and while your little Padawan is tough, she's still just a girl.

Sod. I try to get her at least a few hours a day away from the worst of it, and start her on a crash course of meditation and resistance to outside influence. It's not going to be much help until we get the hell away from the place, but every little bit ...

Also, I meditate and nap rather than sleeping, and set up my bedroll next to hers, so she has something buffering at least some of that mess away from her.

And then two weeks later, the ships show up...

Ships. Plural, and not small ones either. There has to be 200 men here, both to reenforce and/or replace these slavers and probably supply other hidden bases along the coast...

... well, this isn't actually _that_ bad.

Numbers, I can deal with. I assume they lay anchor in the bay rather than off-shore where it would be easier to spot them? If they come ashore in boats ... well, I'm not going to be playing around here. We have to hit them as they come ashore.

I'll tell the others to wait in ambush and walk out to meet the first boat as it comes ashore and throw my lightsaber to cut all the people in it down, leap onto it, and use the Force to propel it into the next closest one ...

Basically, leave the boats in chaos, make my way to the ships, and once there TK the masts into splinters or cut them down with my saber.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

There is no Fire and Ice. There is only the Force. - Page 17 Empty Re: There is no Fire and Ice. There is only the Force.

Post by Psyckosama Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:21 pm

Rieverre wrote:Sod. I try to get her at least a few hours a day away from the worst of it, and start her on a crash course of meditation and resistance to outside influence. It's not going to be much help until we get the hell away from the place, but every little bit ...

Also, I meditate and nap rather than sleeping, and set up my bedroll next to hers, so she has something buffering at least some of that mess away from her.

You feel her slowly growing more and more frustrated and angry...

This entire thing is just pissing her off with a burning righteous fury.

Meditations seem to barely be helping.

Yes! Yes! Child! LET THE HATE FLOW THROUGH YOU!

... well, this isn't actually _that_ bad.

Numbers, I can deal with. I assume they lay anchor in the bay rather than off-shore where it would be easier to spot them? If they come ashore in boats ... well, I'm not going to be playing around here. We have to hit them as they come ashore.

I'll tell the others to wait in ambush and walk out to meet the first boat as it comes ashore and throw my lightsaber to cut all the people in it down, leap onto it, and use the Force to propel it into the next closest one ...

Basically, leave the boats in chaos, make my way to the ships, and once there TK the masts into splinters or cut them down with my saber.

The boats are shallow draft enough to run around to load and unload...

Psyckosama
Admin

https://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:36 pm

Psyckosama wrote:You feel her slowly growing more and more frustrated and angry...

I'm not telling her to not feel it. I'm telling her to not to let her mind get so full of it as to blind her. Her reaction is entirely natural for any decent person faced with this ... ugliness.

Basically? I try to emphasize control, and how she must be able to feel that a great many of the perpetrators of these atrocities had none.

Yeah, but I have the mobility advantage and don't actually need little things like wind or oars to drive any boat I commandeer.

'Float me closer so I can hit them with my lightsaber!' ^^
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:50 pm

Rolling.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Dice Bot Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:50 pm

The member 'Rieverre' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd10' : 4

Dice Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:01 pm

Rieverre wrote:
Psyckosama wrote:You feel her slowly growing more and more frustrated and angry...

I'm not telling her to not feel it. I'm telling her to not to let her mind get so full of it as to blind her. Her reaction is entirely natural for any decent person faced with this ... ugliness.

Basically? I try to emphasize control, and how she must be able to feel that a great many of the perpetrators of these atrocities had none.

Yeah, but I have the mobility advantage and don't actually need little things like wind or oars to drive any boat I commandeer.

'Float me closer so I can hit them with my lightsaber!' ^^

Well, it does mean there's 200 men trickling onto the beach...

The Lord looks *very* uncomfortable. "By the gods. We're out numbered 5-1."

Arya glances over. "We can take 'em..."

"You're daft, girl."

"No, seriously, we can take 'em."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:51 pm

Psyckosama wrote:Well, it does mean there's 200 men trickling onto the beach...

The Lord looks *very* uncomfortable. "By the gods. We're out numbered 5-1."

Arya glances over. "We can take 'em..."

"You're daft, girl."

"No, seriously, we can take 'em."

Hmm ...

"Just stay behind me and let me blunt the inevitable charge," I say, eyes narrowed as I get a positively evil idea.

I reach out through the Force, not for the men, but for one of the ships.

Size matters not, after all.

And then, slowly but surely, I begin to drag it onto shore, making sure it's well and truly beached ... and if I end up grinding some of the slaving bastards between hull and rocky shore? Bonus.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:57 pm

Rieverre wrote:

Hmm ...

"Just stay behind me and let me blunt the inevitable charge," I say, eyes narrowed as I get a positively evil idea.

I reach out through the Force, not for the men, but for one of the ships.

Size matters not, after all.

And then, slowly but surely, I begin to drag it onto shore, making sure it's well and truly beached ... and if I end up grinding some of the slaving bastards between hull and rocky shore? Bonus.

There's a creaking of wood as the ship jumps about 30 feet through the sand and rocks, along with the sound of straining and breaking wood.

Size might matter not but it was still heavy though, but you got it without much problem.

A large number of men were thrown off their feet.

The Lord and his men are just gobsmacked.

"Can we please kill them now, master?"

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:05 pm

Psyckosama wrote:There's a creaking of wood as the ship jumps about 30 feet through the sand and rocks, along with the sound of straining and breaking wood.

Size might matter not but it was still heavy though, but you got it without much problem.

A large number of men were thrown off their feet.

The Lord and his men are just gobsmacked.

"Can we please kill them now, master?"

"Stay with me and remember to keep moving." In the mood she's in, trying to get her to stay behind with the soldiers wouldn't work so I might as well have her where I can keep an eye on her. "And don't get bogged down. If there are any slaves or prisoners already on those ships, our goal is to see them rescued."

Then I tell the Lord to wait until the sand has settled.

And sweep a swirling mass of sand and dust from the rocky beach and over the confused slavers, then charge in. I'm heading for the one ship we haven't effectively immobilized, and since I don't have to be able to see them to be able to tell where the enemies are I'll do some housecleaning along the way.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:28 pm

Rieverre wrote:"Stay with me and remember to keep moving." In the mood she's in, trying to get her to stay behind with the soldiers wouldn't work so I might as well have her where I can keep an eye on her. "And don't get bogged down. If there are any slaves or prisoners already on those ships, our goal is to see them rescued."

Then I tell the Lord to wait until the sand has settled.

And sweep a swirling mass of sand and dust from the rocky beach and over the confused slavers, then charge in. I'm heading for the one ship we haven't effectively immobilized, and since I don't have to be able to see them to be able to tell where the enemies are I'll do some housecleaning along the way.

Well, Arya's like a murderous little rocket of pain. She's angry, and while she's managing not to fall under the sway of her anger she's still super pissed and is drawing on it to a degree making her even more deadly. She's basically Telekinetic Kung Fu Murder Midget here.

Shockingly she's getting a higher kill count because you're trying to leave at least someone alive to tell you where they're from.

It's not until some of them try and run to the woods that the lord breaks out of his stooper and his 20 men attack.

There aren't any many slaves on the ships, about 7 all combined and they look like they've been there for a while. You do however manage to capture one of the captains.

The other was murdered by a cute little girl.

On the whole there are not many survivors. The Lord's men were not risking it this out numbered and Arya wasn't looking to take any.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:32 pm

Psyckosama wrote:Well, Arya's like a murderous little rocket of pain. She's angry, and while she's managing not to fall under the sway of her anger she's still super pissed and is drawing on it to a degree making her even more deadly. She's basically Telekinetic Kung Fu Murder Midget here.

Shockingly she's getting a higher kill count because you're trying to leave at least someone alive to tell you where they're from.

It's not until some of them try and run to the woods that the lord breaks out of his stooper and his 20 men attack.

There aren't any many slaves on the ships, about 7 all combined and they look like they've been there for a while. You do however manage to capture one of the captains.

The other was murdered by a cute little girl.

On the whole there are not many survivors. The Lord's men were not risking it this out numbered and Arya wasn't looking to take any.

Prisoners, other than ones with fancier clothes or better weapons that were ringleaders and could be questioned, were generally not a concern. Not at those odds and that much difference in manpower, crazy space magic aside.

Regardless, first priority is securing the captives before they shake off the shock and realize they still outnumber us, thereafter trying something stupid and getting slaughtered by Arya.

Second is making sure the former slaves are what they appear and that none of them is about to die on us.

Then we can start thinking about putting the captain to the question, and really, pick him up with the Force, give him a shake or two, and he should talk, nay, sing.

Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 17 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17