Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Page 5 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Rieverre on Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:50 pm

Brian Boru wrote:She chuckles at that.  This far north the wrath of the four is a fact of life so being able to stick them in the eye is always a good thing.

I'm not about to argue that.

OOC: elf ears....que?

'I just wanted to touch elf ears' is a meme kind of similar to 'touch fluffy tail' in some places. Given the lack of fluffy tails in the Old World, it's the one that applies ^^

They blink at that but they seem to get the analogy.  They're still going to keep their distance incase you explode.

I'd be upset, but given this place is ... well ... this place? I can understand the caution.

Alright then.  The next morning the party, about a dozen strong, mount up.  The horse you rode last time is brought to you, he seems to have taken a liking to you.  They ask if you'd like to arm yourself with anything physical.  They know that wizards usually have at least a knife to fight with if the worst happens.

... I could use a knife. It'd save me from having to borrow one every now and again when I want something cut. I could probably make good use out of a spear too. I don't mention that I'll probably end up using it as a channel to direct some bending and don't really need much in the way of armaments, as such, to physically defend myself.

Roll a d100.

rollan
avatar
Rieverre

Posts : 1164
Join date : 2012-12-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Dice Bot on Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:50 pm

The member 'Rieverre' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd100' : 89

Dice Bot

Posts : 102
Join date : 2013-05-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Brian Boru on Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:51 pm

Good lord the dice gods are not smiling on you are they?
avatar
Brian Boru

Posts : 1163
Join date : 2012-08-04
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Rieverre on Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:57 pm

It's the nature of the dice. Though, to be fair, in this kind of game 'bad' encounter rolls are often just more interesting than 'everything goes well, nothing happens'.
avatar
Rieverre

Posts : 1164
Join date : 2012-12-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Psyckosama on Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:55 pm

Brian Boru wrote:"As are you lad."

Shared smile.

"No chance of that lad.  Honor demands what honor demands.  My line has been holding this off for too long."

"I know. I just... I just wish there was another way."

OOC: You mean the two of you split up?

If yes: He agrees and bid you luck, promising to meet you when you both stand in Kazador's hall.

If Not: Then he keeps up with you.

Not. The slayers and other dwarfs can join us once we get there.

Your second day into the pines barrens that make up the Eastern Half of Sylvania when you hear something screaming.  

Finding cover you sneak towards the sound.  The bottom of a valley you spot a trio of peasants doing their best to fight off what looks like a gigantic were-bat.  Looking further up the slope you spot a shattered tomb stone and a deep hole.  You have a feeling you know where the colossal beast came from.

I sigh and trap it up to its next in stone with Earthbending.

"Alright, what the hell is going on here..."


Avatar Boru
"I apologize for harping on this but this is going to be dangerous."

He laughs. "What in life is not?"

"For Morrsleib to be low or high?"

"Low."

I bow respectfully to the man.  "Good (insert time of day), Avatar Roku.  I'm Boru, your erm...current successor.  As you can see....we're in something of a pickle."

I then explain to him where we are what what I know of the world and the major players.  Then I tell him what I am planning to do with Lord Sava, though I make sure to explain what he is and what he wants. I realize the...man is a monster, but he honestly seems to give a damn about his folk and if he'll still give them the same protection even after he no longer needs to feed off them then I see no reason to deny his request.  I just fear the fallout when his...peers, hear about what I did.  Then there's Mandred to contend with....

"That... is a complicated situation," he somewhat understates. "What do you need?"

"Ah, that explains why you're such a delicious treat.  It was all that sugar."  I joke.

She rubs up against you like a cat.

About what any can hope for.  I try not to ask if she hopes to...join her uncle some day...because that'd be a deal breaker for me right then and there.

What's her last name again?

I try to do some information gathering about the state of Sylvania, where Sava stands in the pecking order and who the big movers and shakers are.  I don't mention Mandred as I'm not entirely sure if him back is a widely known thing.

He's minor. Respectable but a lesser vampire. Still one of the family though and greater than the mortals in the family like herself.

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Brian Boru on Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:30 am

Rieverre wrote:I'm not about to argue that.

You'd be an idiot to do so.

'I just wanted to touch elf ears' is a meme kind of similar to 'touch fluffy tail' in some places. Given the lack of fluffy tails in the Old World, it's the one that applies ^^

Just beware of the shivving that might result.

I'd be upset, but given this place is ... well ... this place? I can understand the caution.

They might warm up....eventually.

... I could use a knife. It'd save me from having to borrow one every now and again when I want something cut. I could probably make good use out of a spear too. I don't mention that I'll probably end up using it as a channel to direct some bending and don't really need much in the way of armaments, as such, to physically defend myself.

A knife and spear are given. Not a massive Bretonnian lance but you can lay about with the thing or stab if need be.

89

Well the trek is a miserable one. A foul storm from out of the North picks up and soaks the tundra in a miserable downpour.

Once THAT eventually clears and everyone is trying to keep the horses from catching something, one of the riders finds tracks....a massive herd of Beastmen, easily 100 strong, just passed through here to the south. Judging from the tracks there's as least one minotaur and maybe two trolls among them. And considering how the ground is dead around them it's a band sworn to the plauge-lord.


Psyckosama wrote:"I know. I just... I just wish there was another way."

"You deal with life as it's thrown at you."

Not. The slayers and other dwarfs can join us once we get there.

Right, then he gives the message, not sure Kazador would appreciate that.

I sigh and trap it up to its next in stone with Earthbending.

"Alright, what the hell is going on here..."

The beast never stops struggling, (though it doesn't seem to be busting through its prison) as you ask this. The men stare at the unholy monstrosity thrashing about then back at you, then back at the beast. Two of them flee as if the hounds of hell were after them. The third manages to stand his ground.

He finally stutters out. "M-milord. Me and m-my br-brothers were looking after some lost goats when th-that burst of of the ground. But lucky fer us it's daylight and it's starving....is that goin' t'hold it?"


Avatar Boru
He laughs. "What in life is not?"

"True."

"Low."

"Damn, alright...going against my better judgment we'll give it a shot next time Mannslieb is full regardless of what Morrsleib is doing."

"That... is a complicated situation," he somewhat understates. "What do you need?"

"Your opinion mostly. If what I'm doing is the right thing helping him. Sava is a vampire, a monster. Everything I've ever heard about the creatures tells me that I should strike him down right here and now. But he also seems to honestly care about his people and seems to despise his blood thirst. That he's open his doors to me as he did makes it worse....among other things.

That and if you have any advice dealing with nobility it'd be appreciated as I'm out of my depths here. Though I'll admit I've been lucky so far."

She rubs up against you like a cat.

"Another round?"

What's her last name again?

Good point...yeah not wanting to tumble with a corpse. Sorely tempted to see if I can strip the vampirism of Sava

He's minor. Respectable but a lesser vampire. Still one of the family though and greater than the mortals in the family like herself.

"So who're the majors' just incase I run into them? Wasn't Mandred the last one to keep them all in line? And he's been truly dead for years hasn't he? Or have I misheard that?"
avatar
Brian Boru

Posts : 1163
Join date : 2012-08-04
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Rieverre on Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:48 am

Brian Boru wrote:Just beware of the shivving that might result.

... an acceptable risk in my opinion.

A knife and spear are given.  Not a massive Bretonnian lance but you can lay about with the thing or stab if need be.

Pretty much exactly what I wanted. I run a few spear drills - with the number of past lives I have access to, some will have known these, or maybe I got them along with the bending martial arts package - or adapt Airbending staff moves if I can't think of any.

Well the trek is a miserable one.  A foul storm from out of the North picks up and soaks the tundra in a miserable downpour.

I bend up stone shelters for men and horses when we stop and try to mitigate the worst bursts of wind and rain with some airbending techniques.

Once THAT eventually clears and everyone is trying to keep the horses from catching something,

Then I go over the various horses (and men) with waterbending, looking for any signs of infection and getting those healed up.

one of the riders finds tracks....a massive herd of Beastmen, easily 100 strong, just passed through here to the south.  Judging from the tracks there's as least one minotaur and maybe two trolls among them.  And considering how the ground is dead around them it's a band sworn to the plauge-lord.

... well, that's not good. Plus, to my newly spiritual sensibilities, offensive. So, personally, I'm of the opinion we should go find them and then I should kill them with fire.

When I consider it, it wouldn't even be that difficult really. Lightning-snipe down the trolls and minotaur, earth/waterbend to bunch the rest in, then sterilize with air-fed flame.
avatar
Rieverre

Posts : 1164
Join date : 2012-12-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Psyckosama on Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:29 pm

Brian Boru wrote:"You deal with life as it's thrown at you."

"Yeah, I know. But my first instinct is normally when life gives you lemons, waterbend lemon juice into life's eyes."

Right, then he gives the message, not sure Kazador would appreciate that.

Well, we can give them a meetup point outside of Kazador's hold.

Lets look at a map.

The beast never stops struggling, (though it doesn't seem to be busting through its prison) as you ask this.  The men stare at the unholy monstrosity thrashing about then back at you, then back at the beast.  Two of them flee as if the hounds of hell were after them.  The third manages to stand his ground.

He finally stutters out.  "M-milord.  Me and m-my br-brothers were looking after some lost goats when th-that burst of of the ground.  But lucky fer us it's daylight and it's starving....is that goin' t'hold it?"

"What is it."

Avatar Boru
"True."

"Damn, alright...going against my better judgment we'll give it a shot next time Mannslieb is full regardless of what Morrsleib is doing."

"I'd much rather wait myself. You can always come back, yes? After all, I have all the time in the world."

"Your opinion mostly.  If what I'm doing is the right thing helping him. Sava is a vampire, a monster.  Everything I've ever heard about the creatures tells me that I should strike him down right here and now.  But he also seems to honestly care about his people and seems to despise his blood thirst. That he's open his doors to me as he did makes it worse....among other things.

That and if you have any advice dealing with nobility it'd be appreciated as I'm out of my depths here.  Though I'll admit I've been lucky so far."

He frowns. "Normally I'd attempt to banish such a being... but as Avatar your duty is to preserve the balance... and if you believe curing this... thing... will do so, then do so."

"Another round?"

And she Purrs like one itseems...

Good point...yeah not wanting to tumble with a corpse.  Sorely tempted to see if I can strip the vampirism of Sava

You could try... he might not like it.

"So who're the majors' just incase I run into them?  Wasn't Mandred the last one to keep them all in line?  And he's been truly dead for years hasn't he? Or have I misheard that?"

She gets awkwardly quiet and bites her lip. "Yes, he was. But there are... others with influence. But I'm mortal so as you can guess the full nature of the relationship between immortals is not considered to be of my concern."

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Brian Boru on Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:00 pm

Rieverre wrote:... an acceptable risk in my opinion.

….okay….

Pretty much exactly what I wanted. I run a few spear drills - with the number of past lives I have access to, some will have known these, or maybe I got them along with the bending martial arts package - or adapt Airbending staff moves if I can't think of any.

You can fight with the thing...might do well with either a firesweep or a bolt of lighting jab.

I bend up stone shelters for men and horses when we stop and try to mitigate the worst bursts of wind and rain with some airbending techniques.

They take a moment to accept it but eventually needs must force them to take shelter and they thank you for the cover.

... well, that's not good. Plus, to my newly spiritual sensibilities, offensive. So, personally, I'm of the opinion we should go find them and then I should kill them with fire.

They’re all for it.

When I consider it, it wouldn't even be that difficult really. Lightning-snipe down the trolls and minotaur, earth/waterbend to bunch the rest in, then sterilize with air-fed flame.

Well you go after the band. In a small bend of a river you find the beasts….though you smell them long before you see them...they seem to be gorging on a herd of reindeer though some seem to have fallen asleep. How do you go about this?

Normally they’d ride back to the camp to gather a warband to deal with them properly...but they DO have a wizard here….



Psyckosama wrote:"Yeah, I know. But my first instinct is normally when life gives you lemons, waterbend lemon juice into life's eyes."

“And sometimes the best you can do is grit your teeth and accept what fate throws at you.”

Well, we can give them a meetup point outside of Kazador's hold.

Lets look at a map.

You manage to find a valley that could hold a large force while at the same time is close enough to Kazador’s keep but not so close as to be a headache.

"What is it."

The peasant doesn’t really know WHAT though he has a vague idea of what it might be.

But its Ungrim that gives you the answer.

“A Varghulf. A Vampire that has been starved of blood for too long or was incapable of containing its blood lust and fell to the beast that lies in everyone of their blacked souls.”

He pulls out his ax, “Best to kill it now before it can escape.”



Getting a better look at the beast you notice the withered dugs that indicate this had been a countess at one point. Possibly buried by Vlad himself when some of his fledglings got too rowdy for his tastes.


Avatar Boru
"I'd much rather wait myself. You can always come back, yes? After all, I have all the time in the world."

“Well that’s a relief. Well, not like I don’t have things to occupy my time I guess.”

He frowns. "Normally I'd attempt to banish such a being... but as Avatar your duty is to preserve the balance... and if you believe curing this... thing... will do so, then do so."

“Killing him would make a mad scramble amongst creatures that can raise the dead to brawl with each other for power. I’d rather not have innocent people get caught in the midst of that….but any real monsters or abusers of the people I won’t hesitate to put down. But Sava...I’ll let him pass.”

I bow and thank him for his advice and let him go back to the beyond...huh...wonder if Morr’s ticked with me for calling up a dead man? For that matter how would the cosmologies line up. Is Morr going to try and nab the guy when he leaves? Would Rava be able to find another if I kicked the bucket and I made new benders? Questions that will need to be answered.

And she Purrs like one it seems…

I seem to have hit the jackpot here….

You could try... he might not like it.

Well maybe not Sava, but if there’s a Vamp that’s pissed me off and no one will miss….might as well and….EXPERIMENT…. Lahmians come to mind, fuck those bitches….and not in a good way.

She gets awkwardly quiet and bites her lip. "Yes, he was. But there are... others with influence. But I'm mortal so as you can guess the full nature of the relationship between immortals is not considered to be of my concern."

“Just as the matters of the high and mighty in the halls of the lords of the Empire and Bretonnia aren't the concerns of their servants. But I’d bet a copper against a Dwarf King’s hoard that they know a shocking amount of what goes on behind closed doors. I’ll take what you can give me.”

If she’s still unwilling to talk on it I won’t press though I’ll try and watch her face and actions as she tells me or doesn't.
avatar
Brian Boru

Posts : 1163
Join date : 2012-08-04
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Psyckosama on Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:32 pm

Brian Boru wrote:“And sometimes the best you can do is grit your teeth and accept what fate throws at you.”

"It's not in my nature to accept that..." I grin. "And you have to admit you are a beneficiary of that attitude..." I wink.

You manage to find a valley that could hold a large force while at the same time is close enough to Kazador’s keep but not so close as to be a headache.

And there we go!

The peasant doesn’t really know WHAT though he has a vague idea of what it might be.

But its Ungrim that gives you the answer.

“A Varghulf.  A Vampire that has been starved of blood for too long or was incapable of containing its blood lust and fell to the beast that lies in everyone of their blacked souls.”

He pulls out his ax, “Best to kill it now before it can escape.”

"Let me try something first..."

I summon some water and start SPIRITBENDING it, trying to calm or even put an end to its hunger.

Note, spirit bending is not energy bending. It's just an attempt to put the spirit of a being in balance (or optionally throw it out of balance).

http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Healing#Spiritbending

Psyckosama carried out 1 launched of one d100 (Image not informed.) :
2

And yes, I do go avatar state.

Lets have some fight music, okay?





I wince. No one deserves this...

Avatar Boru
“Well that’s a relief.  Well, not like I don’t have things to occupy my time I guess.”

He looks pleased to hear that. "Know you always will have a place in my household..."

“Killing him would make a mad scramble amongst creatures that can raise the dead to brawl with each other for power.  I’d rather not have innocent people get caught in the midst of that….but any real monsters or abusers of the people I won’t hesitate to put down.  But Sava...I’ll let him pass.”

"Then you've already made your decision," he says with a nod.

I bow and thank him for his advice and let him go back to the beyond...huh...wonder if Morr’s ticked with me for calling up a dead man?  For that matter how would the cosmologies line up.  Is Morr going to try and nab the guy when he leaves?  Would Rava be able to find another if I kicked the bucket and I made new benders?  Questions that will need to be answered.

You can meditate on it if you like...

I seem to have hit the jackpot here….

heh

Well maybe not Sava, but if there’s a Vamp that’s pissed me off and no one will miss….might as well and….EXPERIMENT…. Lahmians come to mind, fuck those bitches….and not in a good way.

Alright.

“Just as the matters of the high and mighty in the halls of the lords of the Empire and Bretonnia aren't the concerns of their servants.  But I’d bet a copper against a Dwarf King’s hoard that they know a shocking amount of what goes on behind closed doors.  I’ll take what you can give me.”

"It's not really my place to say..."

If she’s still unwilling to talk on it I won’t press though I’ll try and watch her face and actions as she tells me or doesn't.

She's... nervous.

Anyways the next day, around dusk, Sava speaks with you. "My niece, she pleases you, yes?"

When you say yes, he nods. "You are a powerful man/ It is only fit that a powerful man he surrounded by wealth and beauty and she is truly a wealth of beauty. She is yours if you will have her. She seems to enjoy your company and it is only fitting that one with your strength have a suitable mistress."

He looks pleased with the idea.

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Rieverre on Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:37 pm

Brian Boru wrote:You can fight with the thing...might do well with either a firesweep or a bolt of lighting jab.

I was thinking more along the lines of air and water, really, but that would work too.

Well you go after the band.  In a small bend of a river you find the beasts….though you smell them long before you see them...they seem to be gorging on a herd of reindeer though some seem to have fallen asleep.  How do you go about this?

Normally they’d ride back to the camp to gather a warband to deal with them properly...but they DO have a wizard here….

I'll just have them watch ... and pick off any stragglers who try to bolt past them.

Me? I'll approach using the river. I can waterbend myself passage beneath the surface after all, and get close without arousing suspicion.

Then I'll collect as much water as I can around me and use it to launch myself into the air, riding a twisting and twirling column of liquid. With a spin and a sweep of my spear, I'll send what I've collected down onto them in a rain of ice javelins. That'll leave me without support, but I'll gather up a mass of air and bring it down as I come down, to flatten everything in my immediate vicinity. This, in turn, will let me have enough space to introduce the _big_ ones to some lightning bolts, after which ... well, I did say I was going to use airbending to fuel firebending and _burn_ what's left to ash.

Seriously, these guys belong to Nurgle. There's no playing around with plagues.
avatar
Rieverre

Posts : 1164
Join date : 2012-12-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Brian Boru on Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:09 pm

Psyckosama wrote:"It's not in my nature to accept that..." I grin. "And you have to admit you are a beneficiary of that attitude..." I wink.

He grumbles a bit but you can tell he doesn't have his heart in it.

And there we go!

Right then.

"Let me try something first..."

"What are you do-"

I summon some water and start SPIRITBENDING it, trying to calm or even put an end to its hunger.

Note, spirit bending is not energy bending. It's just an attempt to put the spirit of a being in balance (or optionally throw it out of balance).

http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Healing#Spiritbending

2

And yes, I do go avatar state.

Lets have some fight music, okay?


Well both Dwarf and man dive behind a rock, a bit too small for both of them, which results in a short leg booting the Sylvanian out into the open for a moment before he scuttles behind another.

The massive beast ceases its thrashing for a moment as its bloodshot eyes stare at the light-show, seeming to know that something monstrously powerful is in front of it.

The glowing water pulsates around the beast, contracting then releasing in a calm steady manner. At first it seems like nothing's happened...then the beast....shrinks for lack of a better term before vanishing into the bowl that was left behind.

Looking into the bowl you see this laying at the bottom of the bowl. (Sans gruesome behind her...and completely starkers...)

http://wacomzombie.deviantart.com/art/Ghoul-and-the-Vampire-302050974

I wince. No one deserves this...

Considering the shit Isabella and Vlad got up to and THIS one had no self control....



Avatar Boru
He looks pleased to hear that. "Know you always will have a place in my household..."

"Thank-you, you're too kind my lord."

"Then you've already made your decision," he says with a nod.

"I guess I have, I just needed to speak out loud to someone about this I guess. Thank-you for hearing me out."

You can meditate on it if you like...

You know what? I'm already out here. Might as well and try. What the hell.

I'll make the attempt to see what'd happen if I croak and Morr's opinion about this entire mess.

Brian Boru carried out 1 launched of one d100 (Image not informed.) :
84

"It's not really my place to say..."

"Are you sure?" And I tease her a bit... if that doesn't work then I'll really let it go.

She's... nervous.

Interesting.

Anyways the next day, around dusk, Sava speaks with you. "My niece, she pleases you, yes?"

"Well I certainly haven't any complaints."

When you say yes, he nods. "You are a powerful man. It is only fit that a powerful man be surrounded by wealth and beauty and she is truly a wealth of beauty. She is yours if you will have her. She seems to enjoy your company and it is only fitting that one with your strength have a suitable mistress."

He looks pleased with the idea.

If I was drinking something I choke in shock..

Clearing my throat I continue...

"My lord...are you sure about that? I mean I just met her. Though I'll admit I certainly like her and she's exactly as you describe her. If she wants to be...with me...then I wouldn't refuse her. I certainly want her."

If I ramble I apologize to him as he caught me off guard.

I do warn him that as the avatar I'm somewhat compelled by duty to wander a bit. Nothing against having a proper home or at least a home base but would she be willing to wander the world with me? Or wait somewhere for me to return? She'd never want for anything but she might not wish to go to places I might feel I have to go to.
avatar
Brian Boru

Posts : 1163
Join date : 2012-08-04
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Brian Boru on Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:12 pm

Okay that time wasn't my fault. I was already working on Psycko's post. Will correct.
avatar
Brian Boru

Posts : 1163
Join date : 2012-08-04
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Psyckosama on Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:32 pm

Brian Boru wrote:He grumbles a bit but you can tell he doesn't have his heart in it.

"I don't like give up on people," I reply, "If I could I'd save everyone."

[quote]
Well both Dwarf and man dive behind a rock, a bit too small for both of them, which results in a short leg booting the Sylvanian out into the open for a moment before he scuttles behind another.

Ha!

The massive beast ceases its thrashing for a moment as its bloodshot eyes stare at the light-show, seeming to know that something monstrously powerful is in front of it.

The glowing water pulsates around the beast, contracting then releasing in a calm steady manner.  At first it seems like nothing's happened...then the beast....shrinks for lack of a better term before vanishing into the bowl that was left behind.

Looking into the bowl you see this laying at the bottom of the bowl.  (Sans gruesome behind her...and completely starkers...)

http://wacomzombie.deviantart.com/art/Ghoul-and-the-Vampire-302050974

Okay... I gently check to see if she's alive or undead still (with that roll, I wouldn't be shocked if I turned her human). And either way if she's too weak to stand or unconscious I pick her up. IF she's not, I help her up and offer her my cloak.

And I am ready to defend myself at a moments notice.

Considering the shit Isabella and Vlad got up to and THIS one had no self control....

IF it was them at all. Or she could have just defied them in some way. They were known to be total dicks...

Avatar Boru
"Thank-you, you're too kind my lord."

Benevolent smile #7

"I guess I have, I just needed to speak out loud to someone about this I guess.  Thank-you for hearing me out."

"It was my pleasure. But be careful. There are games being played around you."

You know what?  I'm already out here.  Might as well and try.  What the hell.

I'll make the attempt to see what'd happen if I croak and Morr's opinion about this entire mess.

You seem to be outside his service area. Or at least in one with piss poor reception.


"Well I certainly haven't any complaints."

"Very good!"

If I was drinking something I choke in shock..

Clearing my throat I continue...

"My lord...are you sure about that?  I mean I just met her.  Though I'll admit I certainly like her and she's exactly as you describe her.  If she wants to be...with me...then I wouldn't refuse her.  I certainly want her."

If I ramble I apologize to him as he caught me off guard.

I do warn him that as the avatar I'm somewhat compelled by duty to wander a bit.  Nothing against having a proper home or at least a home base but would she be willing to wander the world with me?  Or wait somewhere for me to return?  She'd never want for anything but she might not wish to go to places I might feel I have to go to.

"It gets cold on the road does it not?" he smiles.

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Brian Boru on Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:22 am

Rieverre wrote:I was thinking more along the lines of air and water, really, but that would work too.

Well that to but those where what came to my mind...eh whatever.

I'll just have them watch ... and pick off any stragglers who try to bolt past them.

If you’re doing something magicy then you can have all the space you need.

Me? I'll approach using the river. I can waterbend myself passage beneath the surface after all, and get close without arousing suspicion.

It works.

Then I'll collect as much water as I can around me and use it to launch myself into the air, riding a twisting and twirling column of liquid. With a spin and a sweep of my spear, I'll send what I've collected down onto them in a rain of ice javelins. That'll leave me without support, but I'll gather up a mass of air and bring it down as I come down, to flatten everything in my immediate vicinity. This, in turn, will let me have enough space to introduce the _big_ ones to some lightning bolts, after which ... well, I did say I was going to use airbending to fuel firebending and _burn_ what's left to ash.

Seriously, these guys belong to Nurgle. There's no playing around with plagues.

You manage to catch the drop on them with perfect timing. The stunned look on their fanged faces is priceless. Before they can respond their diseased flesh is punctured by a storm of ice Javelins. Killing many of the smaller beasts with foul pus and bile exploding out from their wounds.

The biggers ones, the Minotaur, a gross monstrosity with the mark of Nurgle in the form of pustles all over his body, as well as the trolls survives your first attack. As do many of the Horned Gors, at least 20 of them.

Your air blast knocks a few over but most stand their ground.

The Minotaur then bellows at the top of his lungs, a phlegmy sound that makes your stomach heave just hearing it, as do the trolls and they charge you.

The lighting strikes the bigger troll and dispite their legendary regenerative powers along with the endurance of Nurgle, the beast can’t handle the fury of the lighting and it drops dead.

This makes the others hesitate for a moment. Allowing you do your airburst firebomb….well there isn’t much left afterwards...nothing alive anyway….GOD DOES IT STINK!!!

Psyckosama wrote:"I don't like give up on people," I reply, "If I could I'd save everyone."

“A noble gesture….”

Ha!

I hoped you enjoyed that.

Okay... I gently check to see if she's alive or undead still (with that roll, I wouldn't be shocked if I turned her human). And either way if she's too weak to stand or unconscious I pick her up. IF she's not, I help her up and offer her my cloak.

She’s still cold and pulseless...but she seems much...calmer than any vampire should have a right to be. How you know this….

And I am ready to defend myself at a moments notice.

Her eyes flutter open and she stares at you… “Where….” She manages to croak…. Dang being underground for so long really did a number on her...as did whatever the hell it was you managed to pull off. And yes she’s as weak as a kitten...though how long that lasts is...unknown.

IF it was them at all. Or she could have just defied them in some way. They were known to be total dicks…

True….



Avatar Boru
Benevolent smile #7

It’s telling he’s got them categorized….

"It was my pleasure. But be careful. There are games being played around you."

I raise an eyebrow… “Here or...on the other side?”

You seem to be outside his service area. Or at least in one with piss poor reception.

Considering this is Sylvania that goes without saying...might want to try it in a shrine to Morr if I can find it.

"Very good!"

He seems rather...exuberant….what’s his angle?

"It gets cold on the road does it not?" he smiles.

“Well I won’t deny that...but what does she want? I won’t force her if she doesn’t desire to go with me. And I plan to travel a bit.”
avatar
Brian Boru

Posts : 1163
Join date : 2012-08-04
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Psyckosama on Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:51 am

Brian Boru wrote:“A noble gesture….”

"Thank you."

She’s still cold and pulseless...but she seems much...calmer than any vampire should have a right to be.  How you know this….

It's a start.

Her eyes flutter open and she stares at you… “Where….”  She manages to croak….  Dang being underground for so long really did a number on her...as did whatever the hell it was you managed to pull off.  And yes she’s as weak as a kitten...though how long that lasts is...unknown.

"It's a long story."

I carry her out.

"She's no longer an immediate threat. I'd like to see what long term effects my spirit bending had. This is as good and opportunity to stop for the day."

I earthbend a platform to place her on, do so, then Earthbend a shelter and look to the peasant.

"I am Sama. I am the Avatar. I am sure that you have many questions."

Avatar Boru
It’s telling he’s got them categorized….

Heh. Yep.

I raise an eyebrow…  “Here or...on the other side?”

"Among the mortals and immortals. Though the spirit world here is in utter shambles..." he frowns at that.

Considering this is Sylvania that goes without saying...might want to try it in a shrine to Morr if I can find it.

Probably have to leave Sylvania to find one...

He seems rather...exuberant….what’s his angle?

You contact a past life with that question?


“Well I won’t deny that...but what does she want?  I won’t force her if she doesn’t desire to go with me.  And I plan to travel a bit.”

"What do you want girl?"

She blushes. "I want to be your mistress...."

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Brian Boru on Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:13 am

Psyckosama wrote:"Thank you."

He nods.

It's a start.

Heh

"It's a long story."

I carry her out.

"She's no longer an immediate threat. I'd like to see what long term effects my spirit bending had. This is as good and opportunity to stop for the day."

I earthbend a platform to place her on, do so, then Earthbend a shelter and look to the peasant.

"I am Sama. I am the Avatar. I am sure that you have many questions."

Ungrim REALLY wants to kill her right then and there. But he'll also admit he's vaguely curious just what the hell you did to her.

Once she's out of the sun her...well color isn't the right word but her general appearance is one of returning strength.

She finally manages to sit back up after a few minutes.

"Where am I? How long have I been in that damned crypt. I swear if I ever see Konrad again he'll SUFFER for it. Vlad does not appreciate infighting and even mad Konrad fears to offend his sire."

She's been gone a while.

Avatar Boru
"Among the mortals and immortals. Though the spirit world here is in utter shambles..." he frowns at that.

"Somehow I'm not surprised...though I'd imagine I'm going to be stuck fixing that somehow...eeargh.."

Probably have to leave Sylvania to find one...

Can always try again later I guess.

You contact a past life with that question?

Maybe later no need to start a confrontation right here and now.

"What do you want girl?"

She blushes. "I want to be your mistress...."

I grin. "Welcome aboard love. You're life will never be the same again I can assure you."

If he's curious about what I'm going next I make comments about a certain Dwarf King offering one VERY big bounty for a certain Orc that did certain things to his family.

"After all I can't live off of the charity of others if I want to support a mistress...it just wouldn't be proper or fair to her."
avatar
Brian Boru

Posts : 1163
Join date : 2012-08-04
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Psyckosama on Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:22 am

[quote="Brian Boru"]
Psyckosama wrote:"Thank you."

He nods.

It's a start.

Heh

Ungrim REALLY wants to kill her right then and there.  But he'll also admit he's vaguely curious just what the hell you did to her.

"As am I... though as long as we can keep her at arms length... well... it seems I can calm vampire hunger. It might be possible for me to put a end to it entirely."

Once she's out of the sun her...well color isn't the right word but her general appearance is one of returning strength.

Right.

She finally manages to sit back up after a few minutes.  

"Where am I?  How long have I been in that damned crypt.  I swear if I ever see Konrad again he'll SUFFER for it.  Vlad does not appreciate infighting and even mad Konrad fears to offend his sire."

She's been gone a while.

"Konrad von Carstein has been dead for over 400 years. Vlad for 500." I reply calmly, "You were in that pit a long time... long enough to degenerate into a Varghulf. I was able to heal you."

When she asks who I am, I introduce myself as Sama, the Avatar. And then I explain what that means...

Avatar Boru
"Somehow I'm not surprised...though I'd imagine I'm going to be stuck fixing that somehow...eeargh.."

"You and your successors. It is probably why the Avatar line was artificially split."


Can always try again later I guess.

A yep.

Maybe later no need to start a confrontation right here and now.

K.

I grin.  "Welcome aboard love.  You're life will never be the same again I can assure you."

If he's curious about what I'm going next I make comments about a certain Dwarf King offering one VERY big bounty for a certain Orc that did certain things to his family.

"After all I can't live off of the charity of others if I want to support a mistress...it just wouldn't be proper or fair to her."

"More money is always a good think. Finding station for ones self even better.... I support you in this and wish you luck."

He looks VERY pleased with himself.

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Brian Boru on Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:47 am

Psyckosama wrote:"As am I... though as long as we can keep her at arms length... well... it seems I can calm vampire hunger. It might be possible for me to put a end to it entirely."

He stares at you like you've lost your mind.

Peasant boy you've noticed has fled and you glance up to see a speck moving like a bat out of hell.

"Konrad von Carstein has been dead for over 400 years. Vlad for 500." I reply calmly, "You were in that pit a long time... long enough to degenerate into a Varghulf. I was able to heal you."

She stares in stunned shock more almost an entire minute before she manages to recover. "Then you have my thanks. Such services will not go unrewarded, if I can find my possessions then you will be handsomely rewarded.

When she asks who I am, I introduce myself as Sama, the Avatar. And then I explain what that means...

She doesn't seem to believe you at first....until you manage to bend, then she begins to take in what you've told in an entirely new light. "Interesting..." She now begins to look you over.


Avatar Boru
"You and your successors. It is probably why the Avatar line was artificially split."

"S-split? Well that would explain things."

"More money is always a good think. Finding station for ones self even better.... I support you in this and wish you luck."

He looks VERY pleased with himself.

"Thank-you my lord. I'll probably be moving towards the mountains as soon as possible and then head south....unless you have a map or directions I'm going to be using guess work to pinpoint Karak Azul.... Is not Zhufbar right to the East of Sylvania? If I can get there then it might not be so difficult."

If Alinna wishes to travel with me at least part the way I've certainly got no complaints....I'll be needing to gather travel supplies....I might need to cash in some of that pay Sava's offered.
avatar
Brian Boru

Posts : 1163
Join date : 2012-08-04
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Psyckosama on Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:53 am

Brian Boru wrote:He stares at you like you've lost your mind.

"Trust me on this... and if she goes out of line, well, that's what Firebending is for."

Peasant boy you've noticed has fled and you glance up to see a speck moving like a bat out of hell.

*sigh*

She stares in stunned shock more almost an entire minute before she manages to recover.  "Then you have my thanks.  Such services will not go unrewarded, if I can find my possessions then you will be handsomely rewarded.

And here I thought she'd be a bit interested in the IMPOSSIBLE thing I did.

"Your possessions are either in rags in that crypt or have been reclaimed by others over the 500 or more years you've been trapped. I hate to be the bringer of bad news but right now the only thing you have is your life... now. Tell me, do you feel any remaining dregs of your blood thirst?"

She doesn't seem to believe you at first....until you manage to bend, then she begins to take in what you've told in an entirely new light.  "Interesting..."  She now begins to look you over.

I just pulled her ass BACK from DEEP WITHIN the Abyss... and she doesn't believe me? DAFUQ?

Avatar Boru
"S-split? Well that would explain things."

He nods.

"Thank-you my lord.  I'll probably be moving towards the mountains as soon as possible and then head south....unless you have a map or directions I'm going to be using guess work to pinpoint Karak Azul.... Is not Zhufbar right to the East of Sylvania?  If I can get there then it might not be so difficult."

If Alinna wishes to travel with me at least part the way I've certainly got no complaints....I'll be needing to gather travel supplies....I might need to cash in some of that pay Sava's offered.

She'll be following.

"The Beastman is in the Drakwald and might be the wiser option to begin with..."

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Rieverre on Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:03 am

Brian Boru wrote:You manage to catch the drop on them with perfect timing.  The stunned look on their fanged faces is priceless.  Before they can respond their diseased flesh is punctured by a storm of ice Javelins.  Killing many of the smaller beasts with foul pus and bile exploding out from their wounds.

The biggers ones, the Minotaur, a gross monstrosity with the mark of Nurgle in the form of pustles all over his body, as well as the trolls survives your first attack.  As do many of the Horned Gors, at least 20 of them.

Your air blast knocks a few over but most stand their ground.

The Minotaur then bellows at the top of his lungs, a phlegmy sound that makes your stomach heave just hearing it, as do the trolls and they charge you.

The lighting strikes the bigger troll and dispite their legendary regenerative powers along with the endurance of Nurgle, the beast can’t handle the fury of the lighting and it drops dead.

This makes the others hesitate for a moment.  Allowing you do your airburst firebomb….well there isn’t much left afterwards...nothing alive anyway….GOD DOES IT STINK!!!

I launch myself into the air on jets of flame and with wide sweeps of my spear I corral the stench and Nurgly bits below. Then I call up the hottest flame I can and basically glass the area.

Once things are sufficiently ... ashy and glassy I'll finish up by waterbending to give myself a once-over for any hidden surprises Papa Nurgle's creations might have tried to hit me with and getting rid of them.
avatar
Rieverre

Posts : 1164
Join date : 2012-12-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Brian Boru on Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:09 pm

Psyckosama wrote:"Trust me on this... and if she goes out of line, well, that's what Firebending is for."

He'll be watching her then. VERY VERY closely.

*sigh*

If you were in position and saw what he saw wouldn't you run?

And here I thought she'd be a bit interested in the IMPOSSIBLE thing I did.

She's a noble and a vampire noble. It wouldn't be proper for her to act flabbergasted.

"Your possessions are either in rags in that crypt or have been reclaimed by others over the 500 or more years you've been trapped. I hate to be the bringer of bad news but right now the only thing you have is your life... now. Tell me, do you feel any remaining dregs of your blood thirst?"

That manages to crack through her facade and when you ask her about her thirst....she seems honestly stunned.

"No...or not much...I still want it but it's more of a desire for a specific wine...not the maddening thirst it had been...how did you do that?"

I just pulled her ass BACK from DEEP WITHIN the Abyss... and she doesn't believe me? DAFUQ?

Vampires aren't known for their mental flexability, part of their essence is locking into a specific state and point in time and staying there forever and ever. Some rigidness in how the world works is to be expected.

Avatar Boru
He nods.

"Well that isn't ominous...if anything else comes up I'll try to contact one you. Good evening."

She'll be following.

That's good.

"The Beastman is in the Drakwald and might be the wiser option to begin with..."

I plant the heel of my palm on my forehead. "Right, Kazrak's bounty...how could I forget that one. And I could set Alinna up in Middenheim where she could have all the comforts in the world if she wishes. Wonderful suggestion."

I turn to her, "Would Middenheim suit you my dear?"

I'll still need to see about that pay he owes me so I can travel properly.


Rieverre wrote:I launch myself into the air on jets of flame and with wide sweeps of my spear I corral the stench and Nurgly bits below. Then I call up the hottest flame I can and basically glass the area.

Once things are sufficiently ... ashy and glassy I'll finish up by waterbending to give myself a once-over for any hidden surprises Papa Nurgle's creations might have tried to hit me with and getting rid of them.

Once you finish cleaning up the riders slowly approach you with apprehension.

Then almost as one they cheer your name and lift you up on their shoulders. Some men even hand you little trinkets of valuables in their elation.

Who cares if you might blow up one day. If you do that to the foes from the North they couldn't care less.
avatar
Brian Boru

Posts : 1163
Join date : 2012-08-04
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Psyckosama on Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:40 pm

Brian Boru wrote:He'll be watching her then.  VERY VERY closely.

I lean in. "I've been wanting to experiment a bit on vampires to see what effect my bending can have on them... and here's one now. I want to see if I can cure their blood thirst or even restore them to mortality."

If you were in position and saw what he saw wouldn't you run?

woulda rewarded him if he didn't.

She's a noble and a vampire noble. It wouldn't be proper for her to act flabbergasted.

*sigh*

That manages to crack through her facade and when you ask her about her thirst....she seems honestly stunned.

"No...or not much...I still want it but it's more of a desire for a specific wine...not the maddening thirst it had been...how did you do that?"

"I'm the Avatar," I reply, "I used my abilities to bring your spirit into balance. It restored you from the base form in which you'd been trapped and I'm wondering if there are side effects. And I'm wondering, is this temporary or permanent? And if not, can it be made so."

Vampires aren't known for their mental flexability, part of their essence is locking into a specific state and point in time and staying there forever and ever.  Some rigidness in how the world works is to be expected.

Give them some credit, dude.

Anyways, I offer to allow her to come with us. We're taking part in a project that will be EXTREMELY lucrative. After all, what other options does she have?

If she stays here... well... Mannfred von Carstein is the current Vampire Lord of Sylvania and he'd probably find another childe of Vlad to be... a liability to be removed. If you get my drift.

I do warn her I can and will defend myself... as can my friend here...

Avatar Boru
"Well that isn't ominous...if anything else comes up I'll try to contact one you.  Good evening."

"Of course."

I plant the heel of my palm on my forehead.  "Right, Kazrak's bounty...how could I forget that one.  And I could set Alinna up in Middenheim where she could have all the comforts in the world if she wishes.  Wonderful suggestion."

I turn to her, "Would Middenheim suit you my dear?"

"Oh yes."

I'll still need to see about that pay he owes me so I can travel properly.

Your handed a rather comfortable amount of gold. Not a fortune, but enough that you will not be at want and will be able to live in style for some time. He'll also lend you his coach as far as the nearest coaching inn that you may travel properly.

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Brian Boru on Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:27 pm

Psyckosama wrote:I lean in. "I've been wanting to experiment a bit on vampires to see what effect my bending can have on them... and here's one now. I want to see if I can cure their blood thirst or even restore them to mortality."

"You're insane lad."

woulda rewarded him if he didn't.

Well maybe he'll come back.

"I'm the Avatar," I reply, "I used my abilities to bring your spirit into balance. It restored you from the base form in which you'd been trapped and I'm wondering if there are side effects. And I'm wondering, is this temporary or permanent? And if not, can it be made so."

Once she hears that she honestly curtsies and somehow...utterly naked she manages to look as graceful as a debutante in the Sun King's Court. "You have my thanks, and I will find some way to repay for what you have done for me."

Give them some credit, dude.

eh...

Anyways, I offer to allow her to come with us. We're taking part in a project that will be EXTREMELY lucrative. After all, what other options does she have?

If she stays here... well... Mannfred von Carstein is the current Vampire Lord of Sylvania and he'd probably find another childe of Vlad to be... a liability to be removed. If you get my drift.

I do warn her I can and will defend myself... as can my friend here...

She takes a few moments to think on this before she finally nods. She opens her mouth to speak when you hear the sound of hoofbeats. Coming over a ridge is a pale man on a black horse. His clothing shades all of his features but you can make out red eyes under the hood.

With him are a trio of completely armored knights. Their armor jet black.



Do you make a run for it or stand your ground and see what this is about.



Avatar Boru
"Oh yes."

"Excellent, we'll just claim you're from Stirland, I can't imagine the heart of Ulric's cult would take kindly to a van Carstein in their city, even one as lovely as yourself...or sun resistant."

Your handed a rather comfortable amount of gold. Not a fortune, but enough that you will not be at want and will be able to live in style for some time. He'll also lend you his coach as far as the nearest coaching inn that you may travel properly.

I bow in gratitude and thank him for everything he's done for me and I promise to return for the...attempt...

Right then, off to Middenheim and the Drakwald!

I'll just roll a few incase we have some smooth sailing then we can jump to the exciting stuff when it arises.

Brian Boru carried out 3 launched of one d100 (Image not informed.) :
46 , 89 , 38

We'll take the first carriage he offered us as far as proper then we'll see what the best way to Middenheim is from there though I'm thinking going along the Southern side of Stirland to Nuln then up to Altdorf then Middenheim...A bit long but the most civilized way to get there. Unless he has a better suggestion.
avatar
Brian Boru

Posts : 1163
Join date : 2012-08-04
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Psyckosama on Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:56 pm

Brian Boru wrote:"You're insane lad."

"Aye," I agree. "But if its crazy and it works, then is it crazy?"

Once she hears that she honestly curtsies and somehow...utterly naked she manages to look as graceful as a debutante in the Sun King's Court.  "You have my thanks, and I will find some way to repay for what you have done for me."

I nod and offer her a cloak. "In the meantime, we'll need to find you something to wear."

She takes a few moments to think on this before she finally nods.  She opens her mouth to speak when you hear the sound of hoofbeats.  Coming over a ridge is a pale man on a black horse.  His clothing shades all of his features but you can make out red eyes under the hood.

With him are a trio of completely armored knights.  Their armor jet black.



Do you make a run for it or stand your ground and see what this is about.

If we run, they'll follow. Best to stand strong.

"If they attack, Urgrim, you go for the vampire. I'll kill the knights then back you up."

If it comes to a fight

Psyckosama carried out 1 launched of one d100 (Image not informed.) :
49

Avatar Boru
"Excellent, we'll just claim you're from Stirland, I can't imagine the heart of Ulric's cult would take kindly to a van Carstein in their city, even one as lovely as yourself...or sun resistant."

"My kin are still right and proper nobles..."

I bow in gratitude and thank him for everything he's done for me and I promise to return for the...attempt...

"I know you will."

We'll take the first carriage he offered us as far as proper then we'll see what the best way to Middenheim is from there though I'm thinking going along the Southern side of Stirland to Nuln then up to Altdorf then Middenheim...A bit long but the most civilized way to get there. Unless he has a better suggestion.

Just take one of the coaching routes.

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Brian Boru on Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:36 pm

Psyckosama wrote:"Aye," I agree. "But if its crazy and it works, then is it crazy?"

"That could be chalked up to dumb luck but I see your point."

I nod and offer her a cloak. "In the meantime, we'll need to find you something to wear."

She graciously accepts the cloak and cover's herself as best she can.

If we run, they'll follow. Best to stand strong.

"If they attack, Urgrim, you go for the vampire. I'll kill the knights then back you up."

If it comes to a fight

49

He nods and readies his ax. The vampiress seems to shrink a bit on herself. She seems a bit embarrassed at this situation she finds herself in. Propriety isn't the issue if you're curious.

The obvious Vampire lord rides up to the three of you. He examines you for a while then says. "I was merely patrolling my lands when one of my peasants comes running screaming right up to me. Howling about a glowing man, a giant bat monster and a mad dwarf.

I see the dwarf but the man does not glow and I see one of my kind in a desparaging situation. Could someone explain to me what is going on?"

You wanna handle this?


Avatar Boru
"My kin are still right and proper nobles..."

"True but I was under the impression Sylvanians weren't exactly popular in the rest of the Empire. My mistake and I apologize."

"I know you will."

"Wouldn't dream of doing otherwise."

Just take one of the coaching routes.

...that works just as well...
avatar
Brian Boru

Posts : 1163
Join date : 2012-08-04
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Psyckosama on Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:58 pm

Brian Boru wrote:"That could be chalked up to dumb luck but I see your point."

"There's a saying where I'm from: Audacity. Audacity. Always Audacity."

She graciously accepts the cloak and cover's herself as best she can.

I did try and keep my eyes off of her assets. Trying to be a gentleman.

He nods and readies his ax.  The vampiress seems to shrink a bit on herself.  She seems a bit embarrassed at this situation she finds herself in.  Propriety isn't the issue if you're curious.

The obvious Vampire lord rides up to the three of you.  He examines you for a while then says.  "I was merely patrolling my lands when one of my peasants comes running screaming right up to me.  Howling about a glowing man, a giant bat monster and a mad dwarf.

I see the dwarf but the man does not glow and I see one of my kind in a desparaging situation.  Could someone explain to me what is going on?"

You wanna handle this?

"I am the glowing man, my friend here is the mad Dwarf, and your kinswoman here... was the Bat Monster. I am a being of great and many powers and using my magics I was able to pull her mind back from beyond the abyss as she herself will attest. I have no desire to bring harm against you or yours, but I will defend myself and my companions. That said, I am Avatar Sama, Master of the Elements. My companions is Urgrim Ironfist, Slayer King of Karak Kadrin (technically he's still king, even if he's appointed his son regent), and..." I glance over. "I do apologize my lady but in the chaos I didn't have the opportunity to catch your name."

She will probably notice the plural there. I

Avatar Boru
"True but I was under the impression Sylvanians weren't exactly popular in the rest of the Empire.  My mistake and I apologize."

"You'd be correct. But our name is still noble and feared and for good reason."

"Wouldn't dream of doing otherwise."

Toothy smile.

...that works just as well...

Well, all goes fine... until one day... you hear a scream and gurgling as the coach spins out of control and tosses you. You are not hurt but both of you are thrown for a loop. Then the door is ripped off the side of the coach and you find yourself looking at...



staring down at you with bloodlust in its eyes...

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Brian Boru on Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:53 pm

Psyckosama wrote:"There's a saying where I'm from: Audacity. Audacity. Always Audacity."

"I'm a slayer lad. I know audacity."

I did try and keep my eyes off of her assets. Trying to be a gentleman.

Considering how RIGHT IN YOUR FACE those were...you're gonna have some funny dreams tonight...

"I am the glowing man, my friend here is the mad Dwarf, and your kinswoman here... was the Bat Monster. I am a being of great and many powers and using my magics I was able to pull her mind back from beyond the abyss as she herself will attest. I have no desire to bring harm against you or yours, but I will defend myself and my companions. That said, I am Avatar Sama, Master of the Elements. My companions is Urgrim Ironfist, Slayer King of Karak Kadrin (technically he's still king, even if he's appointed his son regent), and..." I glance over. "I do apologize my lady but in the chaos I didn't have the opportunity to catch your name."

She will probably notice the plural there.

She speaks up. "Florina von Carstein."

The other von Carstein immediately reacts to that. "But you've been gone for..." He glances at the hole in the ground... "Ah....that would explain it then."

He seems more that a little...concerned at a 'sibling' of Mandred is up and kicking. On the other hand the Slayer King, an obviously powerful wizard and a childe of Vlad himself is not something to contend with.

He finally makes a decision. "You go south and I never saw you, I never heard about you. And you never come back to my lands."

Plan deniability it seems.


Avatar Boru
"You'd be correct. But our name is still noble and feared and for good reason."

"Well it seems we won't have problems then."

Toothy smile.

I don't like that smile.

Well, all goes fine... until one day... you hear a scream and gurgling as the coach spins out of control and tosses you. You are not hurt but both of you are thrown for a loop. Then the door is ripped off the side of the coach and you find yourself looking at...



staring down at you with bloodlust in its eyes...

"ALINA GET DOWN!" I then blast the beast in the face with a blast of flame. I then boot the likely dead or dying monstrosity out of the way, then I make a wall around the coach then see what exactly I'm dealing with here. If we've got more beastmen then I raise the wall higher and start potshotting at the hairy bastard.
avatar
Brian Boru

Posts : 1163
Join date : 2012-08-04
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Psyckosama on Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:59 pm

Brian Boru wrote:"I'm a slayer lad. I know audacity."

I grin like a loon.

Considering how RIGHT IN YOUR FACE those were...you're gonna have some funny dreams tonight...

I did say "try" didn't I?

She speaks up.  "Florina von Carstein."

The other von Carstein immediately reacts to that.  "But you've been gone for..."  He glances at the hole in the ground... "Ah....that would explain it then."

Smile and nod.

He seems more that a little...concerned at a 'sibling' of Mandred is up and kicking.  On the other hand the Slayer King, an obviously powerful wizard and a childe of Vlad himself is not something to contend with.  

He finally makes a decision.  "You go south and I never saw you, I never heard about you.  And you never come back to my lands."

Plan deniability it seems.

I grin. "That's the plan. Though there will be a sizable contingent of dwarfs, mostly slayers, moving through the area over the next couple months... It would be best to keep clear of them and leave them unmolested less we be forced to travel north. Now, before we leave you wouldn't happen to have anything Lady Florina could wear do you?"

Either way, we move on and I ask her to finish what she was saying.

Avatar Boru
"Well it seems we won't have problems then."

Feral grin.

It's not just limited to Vampires.

I don't like that smile.

He's a predator. Of course you don't.

"ALINA GET DOWN!"  I then blast the beast in the face with a blast of flame.  I then boot the likely dead or dying monstrosity out of the way, then I make a wall around the coach then see what exactly I'm dealing with here.  If we've got more beastmen then I raise the wall higher and start potshotting at the hairy bastard.

You don't just have more beastmen... you have what looks to be a small warherd... easily a couple dozen.

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Brian Boru on Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:57 pm

Psyckosama wrote:I grin like a loon.

Shakes his head.

I did say "try" didn't I?

Heh

I grin. "That's the plan. Though there will be a sizable contingent of dwarfs, mostly slayers, moving through the area over the next couple months... It would be best to keep clear of them and leave them unmolested less we be forced to travel north. Now, before we leave you wouldn't happen to have anything Lady Florina could wear do you?"

Either way, we move on and I ask her to finish what she was saying.

You think his eyes start twitching, this is likely the first time a vampire's ever had a nervous breakdown.

He might have something. He makes one of the knights ride like hell back the direction came, in less than an hour a proper dress for a lady is found. She looks GOOD in it...little tight across the bust....

"Here's a hundred Reik gold coins. Use however you see fit just PLEASE LEAVE!"


Avatar Boru
Feral grin.

It's not just limited to Vampires.

She thinking she's hit the goddam jackpot hasn't she....I still plan on dusting all other blood-suckers I come across unless they prove beyond a shadow of a doubt they're not going to be a threat to people. Lahmians that are fucking people over, Necrachs, Blood Dragons, and Strigoi go on that list automatically...von Carsteins...will get ONE chance. Hope she doesn't mind.

He's a predator. Of course you don't.

Hrrmm...

You don't just have more beastmen... you have what looks to be a small warherd... easily a couple dozen.

Right then. I make sure Alina is safe and then I leap over the side of the wall making a shockwave of stone rise up infront of me when I land. Then I start shooting beastmen up into the air with pillars of stone before blasting them with fire. If there's a body of water nearby I also start using water whips, ice spikes and tidal waves as well.

Once they're all dead I'll debend the wall check in on Alina and make sure she's alright. Once I've made sure she's alright. I'll make a sort of platform and roll us and any of our belongings to the edge of the nearest town. I'll make sure to debend it all out of sight so I don't get called an unsanctioned wizard and have witch hunters on my ass.

Then I'll lug our stuff over my shoulder and tell them that we got attacked by beastmen up the road and our carriage and driver were killed.
avatar
Brian Boru

Posts : 1163
Join date : 2012-08-04
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum