Giant Stompy Robots
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

4 posters

Page 6 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Master of the Elements:  You in the Warhammer World Mk. II - Page 6 Empty Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Psyckosama Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:05 am

Brian Boru wrote:You think his eyes start twitching, this is likely the first time a vampire's ever had a nervous breakdown.

He might have something.  He makes one of the knights ride like hell back the direction came, in less than an hour a proper dress for a lady is found.  She looks GOOD in it...little tight across the bust....

"Here's a hundred Reik gold coins.  Use however you see fit just PLEASE LEAVE!"

And we do. I actually say. "That was quite possibly the funniest thing I've ever seen."

So what was she saying before?

She thinking she's hit the goddam jackpot hasn't she....I still plan on dusting all other blood-suckers I come across unless they prove beyond a shadow of a doubt they're not going to be a threat to people.  Lahmians that are fucking people over, Necrachs, Blood Dragons, and Strigoi go on that list automatically...von Carsteins...will get ONE chance. Hope she doesn't mind.

Don't be a jackass man, not all are evil monsters just... most of 'em.

Hrrmm...

Right then.  I make sure Alina is safe and then I leap over the side of the wall making a shockwave of stone rise up infront of me when I land.  Then I start shooting beastmen up into the air with pillars of stone before blasting them with fire.  If there's a body of water nearby I also start using water whips, ice spikes and tidal waves as well.

d10 please.

Once they're all dead I'll debend the wall check in on Alina and make sure she's alright.  Once I've made sure she's alright.  I'll make a sort of platform and roll us and any of our belongings to the edge of the nearest town.  I'll make sure to debend it all out of sight so I don't get called an unsanctioned wizard and have witch hunters on my ass.

Then I'll lug our stuff over my shoulder and tell them that we got attacked by beastmen up the road and our carriage and driver were killed.

another d10 please.

Psyckosama
Admin

https://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Master of the Elements:  You in the Warhammer World Mk. II - Page 6 Empty Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Brian Boru Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:06 am

Brian Boru carried out 2 launched of one d10 :
4 , 2
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:16 am

Psyckosama wrote:

HA!

And we do. I actually say. "That was quite possibly the funniest thing I've ever seen."

Florina seems to be snickering somewhat. A parisol of all things keep the sun off of her....where the hell she got the damn thing...along with her dress makes her kind of....stand out walking along as she does.

So what was she saying before?

That she'd be glad to accompany you. You seem, powerful, and if Mandred is ruling Sylvania right now then it might behoove her to get out of town and being with you might be the safest way to do so.

Snort.

heh

d10 please.

another d10 please.

See above.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:45 am

Brian Boru wrote:Once you finish cleaning up the riders slowly approach you with apprehension.

Then almost as one they cheer your name and lift you up on their shoulders. Some men even hand you little trinkets of valuables in their elation.

Who cares if you might blow up one day.  If you do that to the foes from the North they couldn't care less.

Far be it from me to rain on their parade. Or my own, really. I let 'em have their fun.

Anyway, I imagine we continue the patrol, unless there are other signs of marching Beastmen?
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:23 pm

Brian Boru wrote:Florina seems to be snickering somewhat.  A parisol of all things keep the sun off of her....where the hell she got the damn thing...along with her dress makes her kind of....stand out walking along as she does.

And away we go.

That she'd be glad to accompany you.  You seem, powerful, and if Mandred is ruling Sylvania right now then it might behoove her to get out of town and being with you might be the safest way to do so.

"He's dangerous," I reply.

So, what happens now?

Psyckosama carried out 1 launched of one d100 :

Snort.

heh

d10 please.

another d10 please.

See above.[/quote]

You manage to catch the Beastmen off guard and slaughter them rather easily.

As for the ride into town you make it without being seen of without trouble.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:45 pm

Rieverre wrote:Far be it from me to rain on their parade. Or my own, really. I let 'em have their fun.

And they have a short hoopla right there. Just some rough singing and a few pulls of the Kvas drink but it's still intense.

Anyway, I imagine we continue the patrol, unless there are other signs of marching Beastmen?

Well they'll back track the path the beasts went once they're sure other fingers of beastment aren't moving they'll finish their patrol.

Roll a d100.

Psyckosama wrote:And away we go.

You are an ABSURD trio.

"He's dangerous," I reply.

So, what happens now?

Well by some miracle you manage to get through the rest of Sylvania, until you reach the moot. It takes a little doing but you cross the river with little trouble and now you're in the land of halflings. The only place in the world a dwarf doesn't feel like he walking in a world of bean-poles.

You're quickly met by the border patrol. While they look like walking dumplings. Those arrows aiming at you are deadly serious. The leader asks who are you and what are your intentions. That pale lady makes all of them twitch a bit.

You manage to catch the Beastmen off guard and slaughter them rather easily.

Heh. About what I expect.

I go check Alina and ask how she's holding up.

As for the ride into town you make it without being seen of without trouble.

That good. I go find a place for us to stay the night and see about a coach for the next leg of our journey.

Then I talk with Alina once we have a place to stay and see if she's still eager to go with me, considering this might be merely a taste of things to come.

Then off we go once we have a ride.

Brian Boru carried out 2 launched of one d10 :
1 , 5
For bed and coach.

Brian Boru carried out 1 launched of one d100 :
For the next leg of the journey.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:09 am

Brian Boru wrote:You are an ABSURD trio.

"Avatar's tend to collect the oddest companions"

Well by some miracle you manage to get through the rest of Sylvania, until you reach the moot.  It takes a little doing but you cross the river with little trouble and now you're in the land of halflings.  The only place in the world a dwarf doesn't feel like he walking in a world of bean-poles.

You're quickly met by the border patrol.  While they look like walking dumplings. Those arrows aiming at you are deadly serious.  The leader asks who are you and what are your intentions.  That pale lady makes all of them twitch a bit.

"Traveling South. We don't intend to stay, just continue through. Though if at all possible we would like warm beds and meals so if you could point to the closest inn we'd be much obliged."

You manage to make it to Middenheim without much trouble.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:52 am

Psyckosama wrote:"Avatar's tend to collect the oddest companions"

Indeed.

"Traveling South. We don't intend to stay, just continue through. Though if at all possible we would like warm beds and meals so if you could point to the closest inn we'd be much obliged."

They stare you over for a long while before finally shrugging and pointing you on your way. You eventually find a spot that can hold you.

The food is plentiful...so...much...BUTTER! Paula Deen would feel intimidated.

That evening, Lady Florina happens to come to your room. She seems to want to know more about what you are. She feels what she's seen is merely scratching the surface. Like what you did to reverse her bestial state and her reduced blood thirst....wow can she make her breasts push up in that dress and they were about as far from small as you can get without silicon.

You manage to make it to Middenheim without much trouble.

Well that's good. I'll leave how to set ourselves up to Alina. I imagine the girl is a million times better at this sort of thing than I am. "I trust you to set us up properly in the city. I on the other hand need to figure out how to deal with a very ugly one-eyed Gor. If we get into social events you might need to teach me."

I might also do some tunnel clearing as well considering how there's supposed to be a population of mutants under the city along with Skaven, might as well and clean that shit up to Acheron doesn't have a fifth column to work with.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:47 am

Brian Boru wrote:They stare you over for a long while before finally shrugging and pointing you on your way.  You eventually find a spot that can hold you.

And off we go!

The food is plentiful...so...much...BUTTER!  Paula Deen would feel intimidated.

Bending keeps me fit. ^_^

That evening, Lady Florina happens to come to your room.  She seems to want to know more about what you are.  She feels what she's seen is merely scratching the surface.  Like what you did to reverse her bestial state and her reduced blood thirst....wow can she make her breasts push up in that dress and they were about as far from small as you can get without silicon.

"I am the Avatar," I reply. "I'm from another world," I reply, "In my world there is no magic. Instead some people are able to control one of four elements naturally. Except for the Avatar. The Avatar can control all four of the elements as is alone trusted with the sacred art of Energybending."

"The Avatar is is the keeper of balance. The reason for this is because long ago the Spirit of Light and Harmony, Raava bound herself to a mortal in order to seal her eternal foe, Vaatu the spirit of Darkness and Chaos and seal him in the Spirit world. In times of need I can call upon Raava's power and the knowledge and experience of my past lives for strength."

I let that sink in. "This might sound insane, so how about I just show you..."

GLOWY EYES TIME!

Then I turn it off...

Well that's good.  I'll leave how to set ourselves up to Alina.  I imagine the girl is a million times better at this sort of thing than I am.  "I trust you to set us up properly in the city.  I on the other hand need to figure out how to deal with a very ugly one-eyed Gor.  If we get into social events you might need to teach me."

I might also do some tunnel clearing as well considering how there's supposed to be a population of mutants under the city along with Skaven, might as well and clean that shit up to Acheron doesn't have a fifth column to work with.

She quickly finds you a nice town house... it's not cheap though so you'll have to murder you some beastmen.

So how do you do this tunnel cleaning? You talk to anyone? Demonstrate your power? And how do you figure out about the Gor?

Plans man, what are they?

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:14 am

Psyckosama wrote:And off we go!

Heh....god you're a weird party and pretty much the entire moot seems to know about you. Grapvine and all that.

Bending keeps me fit. ^_^

Maybe but boy do you feel bloated.

"I am the Avatar," I reply. "I'm from another world," I reply, "In my world there is no magic. Instead some people are able to control one of four elements naturally. Except for the Avatar. The Avatar can control all four of the elements as is alone trusted with the sacred art of Energybending."

"The Avatar is is the keeper of balance. The reason for this is because long ago the Spirit of Light and Harmony, Raava bound herself to a mortal in order to seal her eternal foe, Vaatu the spirit of Darkness and Chaos and seal him in the Spirit world. In times of need I can call upon Raava's power and the knowledge and experience of my past lives for strength."

I let that sink in. "This might sound insane, so how about I just show you..."

GLOWY EYES TIME!

Then I turn it off...

Ever seen cartoon characters that got caught in an explosion and their hair is swept back? About like that.

Then she says, "You...have the power of a god within you don't you?"

Whatever your answer she then asks, "And what do you plan to do? I know that Kazador's wealth is merely a means to an end but what is the end? What is your final goal?"

She quickly finds you a nice town house... it's not cheap though so you'll have to murder you some beastmen.

Right then.

So how do you do this tunnel cleaning? You talk to anyone? Demonstrate your power? And how do you figure out about the Gor?

Plans man, what are they?

Well first I need to show what I can do to the right people. So first I try and figure out who the rat catchers, tunnel guards or other security forces in this city are or whatever dwarf clans might live here as I'm sure they know more about the tunnels of the Ulricsburg better than anyone.

Once I do that I'll see if I can make a contract with them to clear out the tunnels of rodents, mutants, crooks, and other degenerates. I'd like to be payed for my services and paid well. I'd also like to know what channels are needed to make contact with the Graf.

If they wonder how I plan to clean up the undercity I show them some earth and waterbending then remind them that where I'm going entire armies would be living in fear of me. If they freak about me being a mage I'll challenge them to bring a wizard in to see if I'm really using magic. I'll bet them a gold coin that there isn't a wizard alive who could claim I'm using real magic.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:25 am

Brian Boru wrote:Heh....god you're a weird party and pretty much the entire moot seems to know about you.  Grapvine and all that.

Heh.

Maybe but boy do you feel bloated.

But a good bloated. ^_^

Ever seen cartoon characters that got caught in an explosion and their hair is swept back?  About like that.

Heh.

Then she says, "You...have the power of a god within you don't you?"

"Raava is not nearly arrogant enough to call herself a god. But some would call her as such."

Sorry, Raava...

Whatever your answer she then asks, "And what do you plan to do?  I know that Kazador's wealth is merely a means to an end but what is the end?  What is your final goal?"

"Well, to properly reincarnate I need to create more benders. I intend to unite the border princes and create benders there... beyond that... I'll do my duty and bring balance to the world. To save those who I can, vanquish those who I cannot, and make this a world where people can live without fear of monsters in the shadows..." I smile, "And don't take that as a threat. Vampires aren't evil by nature... you're still human. It's a choice the same as any other and if I can help you I will."

Well first I need to show what I can do to the right people.  So first I try and figure out who the rat catchers, tunnel guards or other security forces in this city are or whatever dwarf clans might live here as I'm sure they know more about the tunnels of the Ulricsburg better than anyone.

Once I do that I'll see if I can make a contract with them to clear out the tunnels of rodents, mutants, crooks, and other degenerates.  I'd like to be payed for my services and paid well.  I'd also like to know what channels are needed to make contact with the Graf.  

Rat Catchers don't get paid well and unless you're willing to show off magic, they're wondering WTF?

If they wonder how I plan to clean up the undercity I show them some earth and waterbending then remind them that where I'm going entire armies would be living in fear of me.  If they freak about me being a mage I'll challenge them to bring a wizard in to see if I'm really using magic.  I'll bet them a gold coin that there isn't a wizard alive who could claim I'm using real magic.

Exactly how do you do this without getting killed then?

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:45 am

Psyckosama wrote:But a good bloated. ^_^

Heh

"Raava is not nearly arrogant enough to call herself a god. But some would call her as such."

Sorry, Raava...

Ah'd shock.

"Well, to properly reincarnate I need to create more benders. I intend to unite the border princes and create benders there... beyond that... I'll do my duty and bring balance to the world. To save those who I can, vanquish those who I cannot, and make this a world where people can live without fear of monsters in the shadows..." I smile, "And don't take that as a threat. Vampires aren't evil by nature... you're still human. It's a choice the same as any other and if I can help you I will."

She smirks at that, "Most Vampires would claim that we're as far above humans as they are above the vermin in the earth. But I appreciate the sentiment."

"King of the Borderlands...interesting..." And now she's got an almost hungry look in her eyes here. "And what is a King without a queen?" She looks like she's about to shuck her dress right then and there.

Let's try this again. I'll listen in to the merchants, taverns, hunting parties guards, the like, try to figure out where the beastmen are particularly unpleasant.

Once I've got a general location I'll move out to trouble areas, deal with the beastmen and bring the heads along for the bounties. I'll rinse and repeat as needed until people begin to take notice at the sheer number of bounties I'm taking in. Best way to get attention is by blatant awesomeness.

That work better?
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:55 am

Brian Boru wrote:Ah'd shock.

I shrug.

She smirks at that, "Most Vampires would claim that we're as far above humans as they are above the vermin in the earth.  But I appreciate the sentiment."

I raise an eyebrow. "And those are the vampires I'll probably have to end up setting on fire..."

"King of the Borderlands...interesting..."  And now she's got an almost hungry look in her eyes here.  "And what is a King without a queen?"  She looks like she's about to shuck her dress right then and there.

"Acutally, I don't want to be king," I reply, "My intent is to forge it into a constitutional democratic republic... While I'd like to live a comfortable like, I have no desire to lord over others. What I want is to create a place in this world to stand as an example of what we can achieve if we work together and put our petty differences aside and stand together. An object lesson that truth, justice, honor, and dignity are not just words... they're a dream that can be forged into a reality we all share."

Let's try this again.  I'll listen in to the merchants, taverns, hunting parties guards, the like, try to figure out where the beastmen are particularly unpleasant.

Once I've got a general location I'll move out to trouble areas, deal with the beastmen and bring the heads along for the bounties.  I'll rinse and repeat as needed until people begin to take notice at the sheer number of bounties I'm taking in.  Best way to get attention is by blatant awesomeness.  

That work better?

YEs it does. Gimme a d100 roll please.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:24 am

Psyckosama wrote:I raise an eyebrow. "And those are the vampires I'll probably have to end up setting on fire..."

You swear she shudders.

"Acutally, I don't want to be king," I reply, "My intent is to forge it into a constitutional democratic republic... While I'd like to live a comfortable like, I have no desire to lord over others. What I want is to create a place in this world to stand as an example of what we can achieve if we work together and put our petty differences aside and stand together. An object lesson that truth, justice, honor, and dignity are not just words... they're a dream that can be forged into a reality we all share."

She stops her attempts at seduction and stares at you. "W-w-what?" Utterly confused.

YEs it does. Gimme a d100 roll please.

Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:45 am

Brian Boru wrote:You swear she shudders.

"You're alright. Maybe its just that I calmed your hunger but you're not a monster... and if it comes to it... I'll calm it again. Or even find another solution that will last."

She stops her attempts at seduction and stares at you.  "W-w-what?"  Utterly confused.

"Like any man, I want a long and happy life... but I was born to a greater duty. I'm the protector of the world. I can't afford to think in selfish terms when it comes to the grand scheme of things. My duty is to... well..." I smile, "Save the world."

Why you hear all kinds of tales... but you hear that the beastmen are being a true menace in the woods to the east, near the border with Hochland

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:55 am

Psyckosama wrote:"You're alright. Maybe its just that I calmed your hunger but you're not a monster... and if it comes to it... I'll calm it again. Or even find another solution that will last."

She seems almost touched. She remembers the maddening thirst when she was locked underground for all those ages.

"Like any man, I want a long and happy life... but I was born to a greater duty. I'm the protector of the world. I can't afford to think in selfish terms when it comes to the grand scheme of things. My duty is to... well..." I smile, "Save the world."

"But could you not protect this world better if you were not it's master? I saw the potential you hold within you. You could easily challenge Vlad or even Nagash himself if he had arisen again. And you would not use it?"

Why you hear all kinds of tales... but you hear that the beastmen are being a true menace in the woods to the east, near the border with Hochland

Right then off to Hochland it is...wonder if I can make a glider. It'd make things easier. Before I leave I make sure that Alina is secure in her new abode and I ask her to try and figure out who is who and the important players in the city. I am counting on her to at least make a start in this.

Then off to the Hochland border. I'll assume unless I manage to bag Kazrak himself, local officials can handle the bounties. I'll just bring back the loot....maybe a letter of recommendation to the Graf if money isn't possible and they think their word is something that could get his attention.

Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:19 am

Brian Boru wrote:And they have a short hoopla right there.  Just some rough singing and a few pulls of the Kvas drink but it's still intense.

They've good reason. ^^ Pity about he lack of dancing girls, but you can't have everything.

Well they'll back track the path the beasts went once they're sure other fingers of beastment aren't moving they'll finish their patrol.

Roll a d100.

rollan
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Dice Bot Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:19 am

The member 'Rieverre' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd100' : 90

Dice Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:39 am

Brian Boru wrote:She seems almost touched.  She remembers the maddening thirst when she was locked underground for all those ages.

It's what I do.

"But could you not protect this world better if you were not it's master?  I saw the potential you hold within you.  You could easily challenge Vlad or even Nagash himself if he had arisen again.  And you would not use it?"

"I have to think of the long game. I'm not immortal nor would I wish to be. The Avatar is meant to be part of the world, not to lord over it... to think of it another way... I do better as the adviser who doesn't speak often but when he does, people shut up and pay attention. Besides, with mastery of the world comes paperwork."

Right then off to Hochland it is...wonder if I can make a glider.  It'd make things easier.  Before I leave I make sure that Alina is secure in her new abode and I ask her to try and figure out who is who and the important players in the city.  I am counting on her to at least make a start in this.

Roll to make it.

Then off to the Hochland border.  I'll assume unless I manage to bag Kazrak himself, local officials can handle the bounties.  I'll just bring back the loot....maybe a letter of recommendation to the Graf if money isn't possible and they think their word is something that could get his attention.

We'll save that 3 for after your glider makin' roll

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:42 pm

Rieverre wrote:They've good reason. ^^ Pity about he lack of dancing girls, but you can't have everything.

HA!

The dice gods love you not….

As your party is gearing back up a javelin flies through the air and knocks down one of the men.

As the others try to figure out where the hell that came from you hear thundering hoofs.

Looking North, you spot a massive cloud of dust which soon reveals itself to be a massive cavalry band of Marauders….with a trio of Armored Knights of Chaos...some of the most horrifyingly powerful beings to be found on the plains. The mark of Khorne is on their armor and the skin of their men. There has to be at least 400 of the bastards….

Psyckosama wrote:It's what I do.

Indeed.

"I have to think of the long game. I'm not immortal nor would I wish to be. The Avatar is meant to be part of the world, not to lord over it... to think of it another way... I do better as the adviser who doesn't speak often but when he does, people shut up and pay attention. Besides, with mastery of the world comes paperwork."

She stares at you for a moment longer, then with a scowl she fixes her dress and leaves. “You’re not the man I thought you were.”

The next morning you find Ungrim laughing himself sick as he sits at the slightly too small for him bar with a mug of ale infront of him. You don’t see Florina anywhere but apparently Ungrim has some good hearing.

Roll to make it.

Alright.

If it doesn’t work then I’ll just get a damn horse.

We'll save that 3 for after your glider makin' roll

Alright then.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:21 pm

Brian Boru wrote:She stares at you for a moment longer, then with a scowl she fixes her dress and leaves. “You’re not the man I thought you were.”

Lets handle this before we handle the next day.

I grab her arm and she feels an uncomfortable heat from my fingers. She can also probably feel the power building.

"No. I'm a man with priorities. There's going to be a major chaos invasion in two years... and if you look at the pattern, they keep getting more and more regular. There is a pattern. 2500 years ago, the first Everchosen. 1200 years ago, the second. 600 years ago the third. 250 the fourth. And in two years we'll be dealing with the fifth. If this pattern keeps up the Sixth will be here within my lifetime. And the seventh within living memory of the mortals who fought in the sixth. And then there will be a seventh, and then the eighth until there's an unending stream of demons falling from the north like torrent to consume all in their path. And if you're very unlucky you'll live to see it all until the dark gods take you."

"I could become King of the Borderlands, and rule for one lifetime, but in doing so I'd be destroying the moral authority of the Avatar. What I need to do is be an adviser to kings, an unquestioned force that speaks not often, and not lightly, but is obeyed. Because the avatar's word carries weight... both in the moral authority of a spiritual leader and because ignoring the Avatar can come at a very high price. In my world the Avatar can and will lay waste to kingdoms and empires that threaten the balance of the world."

"And more importantly... DO NOT MISTAKE MERCY FOR WEAKNESS!"

One rented horse Later you find yourself riding into Hochland. It's a moderately long trip and you're forced to hand the horse over soon after entering as you've forced to hit the woods. Your abilities make travel interesting as you airbend your way from tree to tree. After some time you make your ways to an isolated region near the mountains, and encamped in the foothills among a clearing you see a massive warherd of beastmen... with the one eye's banner proudly displayed.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:50 pm

Psyckosama wrote:Lets handle this before we handle the next day.

I grab her arm and she feels an uncomfortable heat from my fingers. She can also probably feel the power building.

She makes to demand you unhand her but her words die on her lips when she looks you in the eyes. You ain't glowing but there's a fire there that even quells this childe of a first vampire.

"No. I'm a man with priorities. There's going to be a major chaos invasion in two years... and if you look at the pattern, they keep getting more and more regular. There is a pattern. 2500 years ago, the first Everchosen. 1200 years ago, the second. 600 years ago the third. 250 the fourth. And in two years we'll be dealing with the fifth. If this pattern keeps up the Sixth will be here within my lifetime. And the seventh within living memory of the mortals who fought in the sixth. And then there will be a seventh, and then the eighth until there's an unending stream of demons falling from the north like torrent to consume all in their path. And if you're very unlucky you'll live to see it all until the dark gods take you."

"I could become King of the Borderlands, and rule for one lifetime, but in doing so I'd be destroying the moral authority of the Avatar. What I need to do is be an adviser to kings, an unquestioned force that speaks not often, and not lightly, but is obeyed. Because the avatar's word carries weight... both in the moral authority of a spiritual leader and because ignoring the Avatar can come at a very high price. In my world the Avatar can and will lay waste to kingdoms and empires that threaten the balance of the world."

"And more importantly... DO NOT MISTAKE MERCY FOR WEAKNESS!"

This woman could physically tear you apart limb from limb and is too fast for you to bend a defense. But she is staring in utter terror and awe at you. You have her completely cowed. Finally she says, "If what you say is true, then what can be done? Even if this was is beaten back, then would the next one come before all have recovered?"

One rented horse Later you find yourself riding into Hochland. It's a moderately long trip and you're forced to hand the horse over soon after entering as you've forced to hit the woods. Your abilities make travel interesting as you airbend your way from tree to tree. After some time you make your ways to an isolated region near the mountains, and encamped in the foothills among a clearing you see a massive warherd of beastmen... with the one eye's banner proudly displayed.

Alright, first thing's first. I need to raise a platform high enough for me to see the clearing yet not so high I get noticed.

Once that's done I enter the avatar state and go to town on the encampment.

First I raise a wall around the encampment so that I bottle up the beasts.

Next thing I do is combine airbending and firebending to create several firestorm tornadoes then unleash them into the beasts' camp.

Letting those die out I'll then cause a minor earthquake to shatter the ground inside my enclosure to cause more casualties.

Once that's done I'll airleap into the camp and begin killing anything still upright and breathing though I'll keep an eye out for the one eye.

Once I find him I kill him then raise the walls even higher, then I take Kazrak's head, leap over the walls or bend a tunnel I shut behind me and head back to Middenheim.

Some rolls incase you need them (one for each step of the fight.)

Brian Boru carried out 5 launched of one d100 :
5 , 25 , 33 , 71 , 16
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:56 pm

Brian Boru wrote:She makes to demand you unhand her but her words die on her lips when she looks you in the eyes.  You ain't glowing but there's a fire there that even quells this childe of a first vampire.

Oh,they're about one minor annoyance from glowing...

This woman could physically tear you apart limb from limb and is too fast for you to bend a defense.  But she is staring in utter terror and awe at you.  You have her completely cowed.  Finally she says, "If what you say is true, then what can be done?  Even if this was is beaten back, then would the next one come before all have recovered?"

I release her.

"I'm the Avatar. Bringing balance to the world is my duty and I assume I'm here for a reason. This is not my world, but it is a world that needs the Avatar. But I can't do it alone. The Avatar is most successful when he or she has strong companions. What we do is we fight. We turn back the tide of chaos, we drive them back. We go on the offensive, destroy their servants, loosen their grip on the world. The reason I need to unite the borderlands is because I need to make sure that there is an unbroken line of succession that allows me to reincarnate successfully should I die."

"The reason I'm founding a republic is to starve out chaos. Wroth, Despair, Wanton Excess, and Byzantine Scheming fuel chaos as much as direct worship. A properly crafted democratic republic will minimize all four by providing checks to the ambitions of the powerful and limits to their excesses, while at the same time keeping the common folk from falling into hatred and despair by ensuing that they are not left for want. It's not lack of ambition. Kingdoms are easy. I just need to crush those who stand against me, find the right princess for political legitimacy... and fuck her full of heirs. But all I'd be doing is creating another just breeding ground for cults and chaotic intent."

I look her in the eyes. "That's why I'm willing to work with vampires. Those of your kind who can see the big picture, I'm willing to cooperate with as long as they don't upset the balance by preying on the weak. If I can figure it out, I'll even cure them of their blood-thirst so they don't have to feed off others."

Alright, first thing's first.  I need to raise a platform high enough for me to see the clearing yet not so high I get noticed.

That's free. You can just climb onto the mountain.

Once that's done I enter the avatar state and go to town on the encampment.

You didn't post the asskicking music! Sad

Meh

First I raise a wall around the encampment so that I bottle up the beasts.

Easily done... nobody is crossing those walls. A set of solid walls 20ft thick and 40ft high tear themselves out of the ground with a rumbling shock, catching them all unawares.

Next thing I do is combine airbending and firebending to create several firestorm tornadoes then unleash them into the beasts' camp.

They sweep through the flanks, killing thousands of them, circling the formation forcing them to concentrate into masses.

Letting those die out I'll then cause a minor earthquake to shatter the ground inside my enclosure to cause more casualties.

The resulting earthquake kills hundreds more...

Once that's done I'll airleap into the camp and begin killing anything still upright and breathing though I'll keep an eye out for the one eye.

Oh yeah... the good news is... you find him. The bad news is, he's still alive and is pissed. And has a large number of surviving Gors around him, including at least one shamen...

He points at you with his blade and roars.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:28 pm

Psyckosama wrote:Oh,they're about one minor annoyance from glowing...

Heh

I release her.

"I'm the Avatar. Bringing balance to the world is my duty and I assume I'm here for a reason. This is not my world, but it is a world that needs the Avatar. But I can't do it alone. The Avatar is most successful when he or she has strong companions. What we do is we fight. We turn back the tide of chaos, we drive them back. We go on the offensive, destroy their servants, loosen their grip on the world. The reason I need to unite the borderlands is because I need to make sure that there is an unbroken line of succession that allows me to reincarnate successfully should I die."

"The reason I'm founding a republic is to starve out chaos. Wroth, Despair, Wanton Excess, and Byzantine Scheming fuel chaos as much as direct worship. A properly crafted democratic republic will minimize all four by providing checks to the ambitions of the powerful and limits to their excesses, while at the same time keeping the common folk from falling into hatred and despair by ensuing that they are not left for want. It's not lack of ambition. Kingdoms are easy. I just need to crush those who stand against me, find the right princess for political legitimacy... and fuck her full of heirs. But all I'd be doing is creating another just breeding ground for cults and chaotic intent."

I look her in the eyes. "That's why I'm willing to work with vampires. Those of your kind who can see the big picture, I'm willing to cooperate with as long as they don't upset the balance by preying on the weak. If I can figure it out, I'll even cure them of their blood-thirst so they don't have to feed off others."

After hearing all that, "I am not sure if your plans are the best to go about it. Most common men care little more than where their next meal comes. They lack the vision and knowledge to plan for the future. But if you feel that this is the best way to go about it. Then you have my support."

She then asks, "Could you truly cure the bloodthirst? Because not all of my kind see it as the curse you describe it as. Nor would they cleanse themselves of it if given the opportunity."

OOC: Rather surprised how pro-vampire you are dude.

That's free. You can just climb onto the mountain.

Well that's good.

You didn't post the asskicking music! Sad

Meh

Sorry. Embarassed

Easily done... nobody is crossing those walls. A set of solid walls 20ft thick and 40ft high tear themselves out of the ground with a rumbling shock, catching them all unawares.

Excellent...anything that can fly in there?

They sweep through the flanks, killing thousands of them, circling the formation forcing them to concentrate into masses.

Perfect, makes the earthquake more powerful.

Excellent.

Oh yeah... the good news is... you find him. The bad news is, he's still alive and is pissed. And has a large number of surviving Gors around him, including at least one shamen...

He points at you with his blade and roars.

Alright ugly....let's dance.

First thing I need to do is put the Shaman out of commission so first I shoot a pillar of stone right under the bastard and while he's airborne I fire a blast of flame at him.

Once HE'S down I raise a wall of stone low enough for me to see over but high enough for me to strike. Then I begin punching chunks of rock like missiles into the beastmen to either kill them or at least break up their formations following that I'll use blasts of fire through the holes I made to take out any Gors right around Kazrak.

Once he's alone I simply blast him into the air with air and make a tornado pillar to lift myself up there. Then I bend the air out his lungs. Once he asphyxiates I'll just fuck off with his corpse, leaving the survivors corralled in the wall.

Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:38 pm

Brian Boru wrote:The dice gods love you not….

As your party is gearing back up a javelin flies through the air and knocks down one of the men.

As the others try to figure out where the hell that came from you hear thundering hoofs.  

Looking North, you spot a massive cloud of dust which soon reveals itself to be a massive cavalry band of Marauders….with a trio of Armored Knights of Chaos...some of the most horrifyingly powerful beings to be found on the plains.  The mark of Khorne is on their armor and the skin of their men.  There has to be at least 400 of the bastards….

"Oh, for the love of ... what is this, a Chaos God worshiper convention?" I mutter.

While I'm pretty worried, I'm really not around the 'oh shit what' level of worry I was when facing the emerging Lord of Change. I spin a barrier of air around me to deflect projectiles and contrary to common sense, stomp on the ground and go out to meet the charge via getting launched by suddenly occurring scenery.

I come down hard, around fifty to a hundred meters in front of them, set myself, and push forward _hard_. From the ground up.

Literally.

I call up stone into a barrier of long, jagged spikes, essentially bringing into being an instant spear wall that's _right in their way_.

Then I go ahead and stomp and shove _again_ to get the whole arrangement to launch itself at them, before breathing out and launching right over on a pair of flame jets.

Basically? My strategy here is going to be simple. I have the advantage in terms of rapid acceleration and overall mobility. They could probably run me down over a distance, but I can literally dance rings around them without committing to melee. So I will, turning the ground into a mess of spikes and/or marsh wherever I land, sending ice spikes, gouts of flame, and blasts of compressed air whenever the opportunity presents itself. Making myself so annoying that they can't help but focus on me over the others, and blasting the hell out of their formation.

Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:22 pm

Brian Boru wrote:After hearing all that, "I am not sure if your plans are the best to go about it.  Most common men care little more than where their next meal comes.  They lack the vision and knowledge to plan for the future.  But if you feel that this is the best way to go about it.  Then you have my support."

I steeple my hands and look at her seriously. "In the end, every civilization is only three meals from collapse. It's the nature of the beast. The reason the common man lacks vision and knowledge is because they are denied agency and are kept ignorant." I let that sink in. "The fact is that a person is smart, dynamic, and reasonable. People as a whole are a mob of fickle, panicky sheep. The secret is to educate the individual and segregate decision making from the herd. An educated population permitted to make informed, individualistic choices with checks and balances designed to mitigate the tendency of humans to mob up and get stupid can accomplish a great deal."

She then asks, "Could you truly cure the bloodthirst?  Because not all of my kind see it as the curse you describe it as. Nor would they cleanse themselves of it if given the opportunity."

"I believe I can cure it. And those who revel in it... will be destroyed."

OOC: Rather surprised how pro-vampire you are dude.

Many vampires didn't chose to become such. They're not all monsters. Save the people, kill the monsters. To me the entire point of this is to drop someone from an ultimately idealistic setting into a grimdark one. Someone with enough power to say "Fuck your grimdark time for a tonal shift" and turn it into a "Earn your happy ending". Part of that is to save everyone you can, even people that most would consider lost.

Hell, I'll be snatching souls back from chaos and curing mutants given half the chance.

Sorry.  Embarassed

Learn your lesson next time... proper music allows a boost to the rolls. :p

Excellent...anything that can fly in there?

Not really.

[quote]Perfect, makes the earthquake more powerful.

Excellent.

First thing I need to do is put the Shaman out of commission so first I shoot a pillar of stone right under the bastard and while he's airborne I fire a blast of flame at him.

That gets one of them. What about the other half-dozen?

Once HE'S down I raise a wall of stone low enough for me to see over but high enough for me to strike.  Then I begin punching chunks of rock like missiles into the beastmen to either kill them or at least break up their formations following that I'll use blasts of fire through the holes I made to take out any Gors right around Kazrak.

They're not really in ranks so such techniques don't work to well. Plus these are not as much standard gors but Kazrak's elites... who are basically veterans who stand head and shoulders above lesser gors who'd in another sitation probably lead herds of thier own...

You're going to have to think harder because this is not as soft a target as you'd like.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:55 am

Rieverre wrote:"Oh, for the love of ... what is this, a Chaos God worshiper convention?" I mutter.

While I'm pretty worried, I'm really not around the 'oh shit what' level of worry I was when facing the emerging Lord of Change. I spin a barrier of air around me to deflect projectiles and contrary to common sense, stomp on the ground and go out to meet the charge via getting launched by suddenly occurring scenery.

I come down hard, around fifty to a hundred meters in front of them, set myself, and push forward _hard_. From the ground up.

Literally.

I call up stone into a barrier of long, jagged spikes, essentially bringing into being an instant spear wall that's _right in their way_.

Then I go ahead and stomp and shove _again_ to get the whole arrangement to launch itself at them, before breathing out and launching right over on a pair of flame jets.

Basically? My strategy here is going to be simple. I have the advantage in terms of rapid acceleration and overall mobility. They could probably run me down over a distance, but I can literally dance rings around them without committing to melee. So I will, turning the ground into a mess of spikes and/or marsh wherever I land, sending ice spikes, gouts of flame, and blasts of compressed air whenever the opportunity presents itself. Making myself so annoying that they can't help but focus on me over the others, and blasting the hell out of their formation.

Roll a d100.

Psyckosama wrote:I steeple my hands and look at her seriously. "In the end, every civilization is only three meals from collapse. It's the nature of the beast. The reason the common man lacks vision and knowledge is because they are denied agency and are kept ignorant." I let that sink in. "The fact is that a person is smart, dynamic, and reasonable. People as a whole are a mob of fickle, panicky sheep. The secret is to educate the individual and segregate decision making from the herd. An educated population permitted to make informed, individualistic choices with checks and balances designed to mitigate the tendency of humans to mob up and get stupid can accomplish a great deal."

"But don't most men have to work the fields daily just to survive? When would they have the time to learn?"

"I believe I can cure it. And those who revel in it... will be destroyed."

She shudders before saying, "Coming from you, I can believe it."

Many vampires didn't chose to become such. They're not all monsters.  Save the people, kill the monsters. To me the entire point of this is to drop someone from an ultimately idealistic setting into a grimdark one. Someone with enough power to say "Fuck your grimdark time for a tonal shift" and turn it into a "Earn your happy ending". Part of that is to save everyone you can, even people that most would consider lost.

Hell, I'll be snatching souls back from chaos and curing mutants given half the chance.

Ah so you're giving Tzeentch a boost with hope huh? Razz

Learn your lesson next time... proper music allows a boost to the rolls. :p

Right then.

Not really.

That's a relief.

That gets one of them. What about the other half-dozen?

HALF-DOZEN?! AW C'MON!

They're not really in ranks so such techniques don't work to well. Plus these are not as much standard gors but Kazrak's elites... who are basically veterans who stand head and shoulders above lesser gors who'd in another sitation probably lead herds of thier own...

You're going to have to think harder because this is not as soft a target as you'd like.
[/quote]

Ah so covered in metal....right then. Biggest lightning bolt I can gather together, then try and fricassee the bastards by making the lighting jump between them. If that doesn't work then I'll move as quick as possible using air jumps and blasting them with fireblasts, crushing them with boulders or opening up holes under them. Or using wind blades. The ultimate goal being to cut Kazrak off from the rest of his heard. Once I've done that I'll pull all the goddam stops on him to put him down...though I'll make sure to leave his head intact.

I intend to leave 'em...Thunderstruck

Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:07 am

Brian Boru wrote:"But don't most men have to work the fields daily just to survive?  When would they have the time to learn?"

I smile. "Improved agricultural methods... and bending... can both raise production and reduce labor requirements."

She shudders before saying, "Coming from you, I can believe it."

I nod. "But that's an issue for the future."

I sigh. "For what is worth, I think you're one of the good ones. Please prove me right."

And with that lets go onto the next day.

Ah so you're giving Tzeentch a boost with hope huh? Razz

This is Fantasy, not 40k. The chaos gods don't have sole dominion over the warp.

Right then.

Thematic though...

HALF-DOZEN?!  AW C'MON!

You rolled... poorly

Ah so covered in metal....right then.  Biggest lightning bolt I can gather together, then try and fricassee the bastards by making the lighting jump between them.

Lightening Bending is more one gets to become extremely dead extremely quickly.

If that doesn't work then I'll move as quick as possible using air jumps and blasting them with fireblasts, crushing them with boulders or opening up holes under them.  Or using wind blades.  The ultimate goal being to cut Kazrak off from the rest of his heard.  Once I've done that I'll pull all the goddam stops on him to put him down...though I'll make sure to leave his head intact.

You kill a number of them but you need better tacitics and just manage to dodge a number of sickly black firebolts from the shamans :p

I intend to leave 'em...Thunderstruck

BOOO!!! Bad pun.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:38 am

Psyckosama wrote:I smile. "Improved agricultural methods... and bending... can both raise production and reduce labor requirements."

That makes her raise and eyebrow.  "You can use it for more than combat what what you did to me?  You can actually alter the land itself?"  Carstein alright.

I nod. "But that's an issue for the future."

I sigh. "For what is worth, I think you're one of the good ones. Please prove me right."

And with that lets go onto the next day.

She thanks you for the confidence.  Though you think something's a bit...off...not sure though.

This is Fantasy, not 40k. The chaos gods don't have sole dominion over the warp.

Ah...nevermind then...why is it that 40k is so much more popular?  Because give me Fantasy any day at least there's a GHOST OF A CHANCE that things can go right for someone.

Thematic though...

You rolled... poorly

Mutter, mutter.

Lightening Bending is more one gets to become extremely dead extremely quickly.

Ah.

You kill a number of them but you need better tacitics and just manage to dodge a number of sickly black firebolts from the shamans :p

Right this getting nowwhere.

"Alright all my predecessors...how the hell do I get at that bastard with the one eye without having to fight every last one of them?  AND without destroying his body?

Right all I want and need is Kazrak's intact corpse then I get the hell out of here. How do I do that?

Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:59 am

Brian Boru wrote:That makes her raise and eyebrow.  "You can use it for more than combat what what you did to me?  You can actually alter the land itself?"  Carstein alright.

"Well, I was thinking more water and earth bending would do wonders for farming... but yes actually. One of my predecessors lived on a peninsula. After some bad experiences with the neighbors she literally tore it off of the continent and drug it out about 300 miles to sea."

She thanks you for the confidence.  Though you think something's a bit...off...not sure though.

I'll be watching.

Ah...nevermind then...why is it that 40k is so much more popular?  Because give me Fantasy any day at least there's a GHOST OF A CHANCE that things can go right for someone.

Because SPACE MAREENZ...

So, next day?

Right all I want and need is Kazrak's intact corpse then I get the hell out of here. How do I do that?

You trap him in a stone shell and basically fling him into the air before following behind it, with him raging from within. However as you're leaving you take a Hellfire blast to the shoulder which shocks you out of the Avatar state and sends you falling outside the wall.

You manage to land safely but one of your arms is badly injured. Even worse the shell has broken... and while he's injured, he's pretty pissed off and is trying to kill you. Smile

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next