Giant Stompy Robots
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

4 posters

Page 9 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Master of the Elements:  You in the Warhammer World Mk. II - Page 9 Empty Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Rieverre Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:23 am

Brian Boru wrote:This time you just run into a bandit gang...they're quickly dealt with and your party goes on it's way.

Finally you reach a walled settlement.  Judging from the people they're mostly Gospodar though you see a few Ungols here and there.

A horn is sounded and soon a band of riders (Winged Lancers) come out to greet the Ungol party.

At their head is a big blonde-haired lummox of a man with the pale blue eyes of the Gospodars.

He looks the party over and fixates on you.  "Well met.  What brings your band to my hold?"

At that moment you realize none of the others have really figured out how to explain...you...want to step in or let your hosts try and figure it out?

They've had time to think of something surely ... and I'm not really the only thing they're here about. After all, the main reason for the visit is increased numbers of Chaos forces. I figure, I'll let them report on that unless specifically addressed. After all, if I do have to speak, it'd be best done after an introduction.

Also, the sight of these almost-Hussars (since, give the wings, that's what the Lancers are based on) is both strangely nostalgic and odd in this context. Never expected to see this kind of things outside of historical reenactment.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Master of the Elements:  You in the Warhammer World Mk. II - Page 9 Empty Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Brian Boru Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:22 pm

Psyckosama wrote:I ask Urgrim if he should explain or I.

He lets you go on ahead.

If I, I tell him the quick basics of the Avatar and that I'm a Friend of Urgrim. And about how I helped them beat Ironhide and he gave me a boon. And that boon is to make his son regent and travel with me until he finds his rightful Doom...

More detail can be said later but first... I'm sure he has wounded and I can help... also...

I put out the fires burning the town.

In general, tend to those in need. Pleasantries can come later. I still have work to do.

Well you learn that the survivors of Munzig ran here ahead of the Goblins so all that needs to be done is putting out the fire. Anyway your story stuns Arik Steelfoot and he glances at Ungrim for confirmation. A Dwarf never lies, when he nods he turns to you with the biggest smile on his face and says that you're to be his guests...once that fire in the distance is dealt with.

As for the folk of Munzig, the surviving leadership, one Baron Peter von Gorman, the grandson of an Averland expatriate and the lord of the town and surrounding territory, thanks you for saving his people...though his town...he grimaces at that. The other princes are going to jump on him like jackals on a corpse....

You agrees a bit.

Cool.

He nods and moves away.

Right then.

Well, he's there and you find several priests and a witch hunter. He wants to see your abilities and be sure you're not tainted. He has the assurance of the clerics of Ulric but he wants to be totally sure.

The Witch Hunter looks a little wildeyed.

If he moves for his gun I'm burying the bastard up to his neck....

But I nod respectfully to all present.

He'd like to see more... but the Witch Hunter is trying to insist that you take a couple... tests

To the priests I say that I already offered the Graf a show of what I can really do out somewhere in the Drakwald, I'm sure there's a few square miles of forest that noone's going to be missing.

As to the Witch Hunter I give him a suspicious look, "What kind of tests are we talking about? Because if it involves fire then I must protest, warpfire and holy fire from Ulric's flames are more than enough for me within days of each other are more than enough for me."

Rieverre wrote:They've had time to think of something surely ... and I'm not really the only thing they're here about. After all, the main reason for the visit is increased numbers of Chaos forces. I figure, I'll let them report on that unless specifically addressed. After all, if I do have to speak, it'd be best done after an introduction.

Also, the sight of these almost-Hussars (since, give the wings, that's what the Lancers are based on) is both strangely nostalgic and odd in this context. Never expected to see this kind of things outside of historical reenactment.

Heh.

Well eventually one of the Ungols speaks up. He explains what your riding party saw, the large party of Khornate Mauraders with a trio of knights leading them, the big band of Nurglite Beastmen, and they mention that someone they met ran into a band of shamans who summoned a Changer of Ways.

The man's eyes bug clean out his head and he turns to sound the alarm immediately, before he's told to wait, all three threats were already dealt with, few if any survived and the demon was banished back to where he came form.

The Gospodar man stares at your party, completely unbelieving of such a claim. "How?"

Your companions turn to you.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:16 pm

Brian Boru wrote:
He lets you go on ahead.

Right.

Well you learn that the survivors of Munzig ran here ahead of the Goblins so all that needs to be done is putting out the fire.  Anyway your story stuns Arik Steelfoot and he glances at Ungrim for confirmation. A Dwarf never lies, when he nods he turns to you with the biggest smile on his face and says that you're to be his guests...

Yeah. Being offered "Anything you want" from a Dwarf King... which could have easily been "My weight in Magical Weapons" and instead saying "I want to help you to restore you family's honor"... ultimate bro-cred.

once that fire in the distance is dealt with.

I raise an eyebrow and put out the fire. "Like that?"

As for the folk of Munzig, the surviving leadership, one Baron Peter von Gorman, the grandson of an Averland expatriate and the lord of the town and surrounding territory, thanks you for saving his people...though his town...he grimaces at that.  The other princes are going to jump on him like jackals on a corpse....

I raise an eyebrow... "Would you mind if I did some urban renewal?"

If he doesn't... I go nuts... stone houses, aqueducts, fountains, proper sewers, 40ft city walls, INDOOR PLUMBING!

If he moves for his gun I'm burying the bastard up to his neck....

Not yet... but he looks kinda unhinged.

But I nod respectfully to all present.

Ok.

To the priests I say that I already offered the Graf a show of what I can really do out somewhere in the Drakwald, I'm sure there's a few square miles of forest that noone's going to be missing.

Thanks but no thanks.

As to the Witch Hunter I give him a suspicious look, "What kind of tests are we talking about?  Because if it involves fire then I must protest, warpfire and holy fire from Ulric's flames are more than enough for me within days of each other are more than enough for me."

They're just simple tests of faith and spiritual strength that show the gods favor...

You're getting a sinking feeling... this guy is kinda nuts.

Psyckosama
Admin

https://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:02 pm

Psyckosama wrote:Yeah. Being offered "Anything you want" from a Dwarf King... which could have easily been "My weight in Magical Weapons" and instead saying "I want to help you to restore you family's honor"... ultimate bro-cred.

Indeed I doubt there could be a better offer one could give a dwarf.

I raise an eyebrow and put out the fire. "Like that?"

"Wah...."
*blink*
*blink*
"Thank you..."

I raise an eyebrow... "Would you mind if I did some urban renewal?"

He doesn't quite understand the term though he can sparse the separate parts out.... "Whatever you can do to help."

If he doesn't... I go nuts... stone houses, aqueducts, fountains, proper sewers, 40ft city walls, INDOOR PLUMBING!

Everyone is GOD DAMNED FLOORED as you do your work and they stare in awe at the new fortress make for them. Almost as one the people, including van Groman drop to their knees, saying Sigmar bless you, Shallaya bless you and so on and so forth.

Not yet... but he looks kinda unhinged.

Well if I can convince Coo-coo for cocoa puffs here then maybe the slightly more level-headed ones won't go after my ass.....

Hey, one has to hope right? Otherwise the world becomes a grim, dark place eh?

Thanks but no thanks.

Suit yourselves.

They're just simple tests of faith and spiritual strength that show the gods favor...

You're getting a sinking feeling... this guy is kinda nuts.

Unfortunately Crazy-pants has an entire organization full of guys like him. I make him happy then it makes my life easier....God help me if he learns about my deal with Sava

"Go on...?"
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:26 am

Brian Boru wrote:Indeed I doubt there could be a better offer one could give a dwarf.

Yeah. Dwarf Bros for Life.

"Wah...."  
*blink*
*blink*
"Thank you..."

"I'm the Avatar... Earth, Wind, Fire, Air, all are mine to command."

He doesn't quite understand the term though he can sparse the separate parts out.... "Whatever you can do to help."

I grin like a shark.

Everyone is GOD DAMNED FLOORED as you do your work and they stare in awe at the new fortress make for them.  Almost as one the people, including van Groman drop to their knees, saying Sigmar bless you, Shallaya bless you and so on and so forth.

"Stand up."

I explain to them who I am, what I am, and my objective.

I am the Avatar, Master of the Elements. My duty is to protect the balance of the world and ensure that regular people can live prosperous lives without fear as long as they respect the lives and well being of others. I also admit that my intention is to unite the Border Princes and drive the Orcs and Goblins across the mountains that they'll never dare bother man nor dwarf again.

Well if I can convince Coo-coo for cocoa puffs here then maybe the slightly more level-headed ones won't go after my ass.....

Heh... who says this one isn't one of the more level headed?

Hey, one has to hope right?  Otherwise the world becomes a grim, dark place eh?

*cough*grim world of perilous adventure*cough*

Unfortunately Crazy-pants has an entire organization full of guys like him.  I make him happy then it makes my life easier....God help me if he learns about my deal with Sava

"Go on...?"

As you claim to be master of the elements, he will give you a test of the elements...

You must walk across burning coals. You must withstand the crushing weight of boulders. You must survive underwater without being drowned. You must be thrown from great heights without being broken!

If your heart is pure and the gods are with you then you will emerge from these tests unscathed and all will know your power is not that of vile chaos!

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:45 am

Psyckosama wrote:Yeah. Dwarf Bros for Life.

Awesome.

"I'm the Avatar... Earth, Wind, Fire, Air, all are mine to command."

"...so it seems..."

I grin like a shark.

Look of alarm...

"Stand up."

I explain to them who I am, what I am, and my objective.

I am the Avatar, Master of the Elements. My duty is to protect the balance of the world and ensure that regular people can live prosperous lives without fear as long as they respect the lives and well being of others. I also admit that my intention is to unite the Border Princes and drive the Orcs and Goblins across the mountains that they'll never dare bother man nor dwarf again.

All are silent for a moment taking that in then in a single voice they begin to cheer your name, "SAMA! SAMA! SAMA! KING OF THE BORDER LANDS! KING! KING! KING! KING!"

Even Peter is cheering along and he seems to REALLY mean it.

You don't think you're going to convince these people otherwise unless you RUN!

Florina looks at you with a vague grin on her face.

[quote]Heh... who says this one isn't one of the more level headed?

HURK!

[quote]*cough*grim world of perilous adventure*cough*

It ain't 40k you've said so yourself.

As you claim to be master of the elements, he will give you a test of the elements...

You must walk across burning coals. You must withstand the crushing weight of boulders. You must survive underwater without being drowned. You must be thrown from great heights without being broken!

If your heart is pure and the gods are with you then you will emerge from these tests unscathed and all will know your power is not that of vile chaos!

I glance at the priests for a moment, with a 'is he SERIOUS?' look on my face before turning back to him.

Hmm...I can redirect the heat from the coals, bend the stones enough that I don't kill myself, sneak an air bubble for the water and do some slight air buffeting and softening the ground when I land.

"Alright I accept your challenges. May the gods show their favor to me."
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:07 am

Brian Boru wrote:Awesome.

Heh.

"...so it seems..."

"Though I have gifted my friends as well... I gained permission from Grungi himself to gift Earthbending to the Dwarves. Garagrim Ironfist was the first to receive the gift. He's now a true master of stone. I also gave the gift to the entire Ironhunter clan. They were friends to me when I had nothing. I remember my friends."

Look of alarm...

"Oh, do relax..."

All are silent for a moment taking that in then in a single voice they begin to cheer your name, "SAMA!  SAMA!  SAMA!  KING OF THE BORDER LANDS!  KING! KING!  KING! KING!"

Even Peter is cheering along and he seems to REALLY mean it.

You don't think you're going to convince these people otherwise unless you RUN!

"My place and my desire isn't to rule over others as king, but to serve the balance of the world and serve as a protector, mediator, and a teacher. Ultimately, my objective is going to be to create something great, to create something new... to create something THIS world has NEVER SEEN BEFORE! A nation where THE PEOPLE are sovereign, a nation where who you are matters more than who your father was, a nation where the limits of what a person can achieve is limited only by his own character and ability, a nation where our differences don't divide us, but instead give us strength, a nation where everyone can stand shoulder to shoulder as one people united by a single cause! A single ideal! The ideal that people are worth a damn! That together we can stand as one and create a world where life, liberty, justice, and dignity are not just words but a reality that we all share!"

Florina looks at you with a vague grin on her face.

I smirk back.

[quote]HURK![quote]

Welcome to the Warhammewr World.

It ain't 40k you've said so yourself.

"a grim world of perilous adventure" has been the subtext for Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay since the 1980s...

I glance at the priests for a moment, with a 'is he SERIOUS?' look on my face before turning back to him.

They nod.

Hmm...I can redirect the heat from the coals, bend the stones enough that I don't kill myself, sneak an air bubble for the water and do some slight air buffeting and softening the ground when I land.

"Alright I accept your challenges.  May the gods show their favor to me."

Well, roll 4d10... and don't worry about failing. You're the fucking Avatar.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:50 am

Psyckosama wrote:"Though I have gifted my friends as well... I gained permission from Grungi himself to gift Earthbending to the Dwarves. Garagrim Ironfist was the first to receive the gift. He's now a true master of stone. I also gave the gift to the entire Ironhunter clan. They were friends to me when I had nothing. I remember my friends."

He stares in outright awe on his face.  Not something one expects to see on a Dwarf King.

"Oh, do relax..."

Heh

"My place and my desire isn't to rule over others as king, but to serve the balance of the world and serve as a protector, mediator, and a teacher. Ultimately, my objective is going to be to create something great, to create something new... to create something THIS world has NEVER SEEN BEFORE! A nation where THE PEOPLE are sovereign, a nation where who you are matters more than who your father was, a nation where the limits of what a person can achieve is limited only by his own character and ability, a nation where our differences don't divide us, but instead give us strength, a nation where everyone can stand shoulder to shoulder as one people united by a single cause! A single ideal! The ideal that people are worth a damn! That together we can stand as one and create a world where life, liberty, justice, and dignity are not just words but a reality that we all share!"

People are silent for a while, they aren't angry, they aren't confused. But they are silent. Finally one man a butcher from the look of it steps forward, "And you think you can make that happen?"

When you answer he shrugs and says, "Well I don't know what it'd look like but considering you can shoot fireballs and hurricanes like party favors I doubt anyone's gonna gainsay ya."

That seems to be the opinions of the others, not sure about this but considering the power you showed you'll be able to bull it into existence, welcome to the Borderlands where force of Will and Force make ALL the rules. And you've got the biggest stick...not what you wanted but eh, it's a start, they'll learn.

I smirk back.

She gives you a you're mad look.

"a grim world of perilous adventure" has been the subtext for Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay since the 1980s...

Point.

They nod.

Lovely.

Well, roll 4d10... and don't worry about failing. You're the fucking Avatar.

Whelp here goes nothing

Brian Boru carried out 4 launched of one d10 :
6 , 5 , 8 , 1
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:24 am

Brian Boru wrote:He stares in outright awe on his face.  Not something one expects to see on a Dwarf King.

"I have a long life ahead of me... its my hope to help your people regain as much of what was lost as possible."

People are silent for a while, they aren't angry, they aren't confused.  But they are silent.  Finally one man a butcher from the look of it steps forward, "And you think you can make that happen?"

"I came from such a land. It... wasn't perfect. People never are. There were problems, there are always problems, it's part of being... people. But its the Avatar's duty to help people work their problems. And that's why I don't want to be king. The Avatar's duty is to serve as a teacher, an arbitrator, and as a protector to the world. Those duties are not always compatible with those of a king.... But to answer your question, yes, I can. But not alone. I need every one of you to stand by my side in this. Together, we will accomplish wonders."

When you answer he shrugs and says, "Well I don't know what it'd look like but considering you can shoot fireballs and hurricanes like party favors I doubt anyone's gonna gainsay ya."

That seems to be the opinions of the others, not sure about this but considering the power you showed you'll be able to bull it into existence, welcome to the Borderlands where force of Will and Force make ALL the rules.  And you've got the biggest stick...not what you wanted but eh, it's a start, they'll learn.

Yes, they'll learn. It'll take time...

She gives you a you're mad look.

"They'll learn."

Whelp here goes nothing

YOU DIE!

Just kidding.

The first one is annoying... he goes into it looking smug, and while you dance around a little before getting used to it, he ends up lookign pretty annoyed.

So he uses BIG bolders and keeping them from CAVING YOUR RIBCAGE without otright LIFTING THEM OFF YOU is a bit of a chore.

The Water is simple. You're fucking WATER TRIBE and using waterbending to create an air bubble is a BASIC technique.

The Wind... well... it's a bit more complicated because he insists that the proper test is to launch you off of the Ulric's burg with a trebuchet.

Needless to say, it's a big hard to stop and the walk back is annoying. Though the look on his face is downright epic...

"NO! ONE MORE!" he roars, "One more test!"

"YOU SHALL FACE... TRIAL BY CAKE!"

He motions and what looks like a full on WEDDING CAKE is drawn out.

"Eat that and you are truly in the right!"

He looks downright manic at this point...

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:45 am

Psyckosama wrote:"I have a long life ahead of me... its my hope to help your people regain as much of what was lost as possible."

"You have my thanks."

"I came from such a land. It... wasn't perfect. People never are. There were problems, there are always problems, it's part of being... people. But its the Avatar's duty to help people work their problems. And that's why I don't want to be king. The Avatar's duty is to serve as a teacher, an arbitrator, and as a protector to the world. Those duties are not always compatible with those of a king.... But to answer your question, yes, I can. But not alone. I need every one of you to stand by my side in this. Together, we will accomplish wonders."

He nods.

Yes, they'll learn. It'll take time...

And you might have a better chance here than anywhere else. People are used to power scrambles from anyone and if it keeps someone safe then they REALLY don't care where, who, or what it comes from. The Lahmian walking larder town is one example.

"They'll learn."

Well Peter is too appreciative of saving their lives and restoring their homes to complain too much. So he invites you and the Hold to his new home to break in the new buildings with a big party. The food might be a little sparse but there'll be plenty of booze. Arik is bringing out a pair of barrels of Bugman XXXXXX itself for this shindig which causes the entire town to go nuts in celebration.

YOU DIE!

NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Just kidding.

Phew.

The first one is annoying... he goes into it looking smug, and while you dance around a little before getting used to it, he ends up lookign pretty annoyed.

Smirk.

So he uses BIG bolders and keeping them from CAVING YOUR RIBCAGE without otright LIFTING THEM OFF YOU is a bit of a chore.

"That the best you can do?"

The Water is simple. You're fucking WATER TRIBE and using waterbending to create an air bubble is a BASIC technique.

EASY!

The Wind... well... it's a bit more complicated because he insists that the proper test is to launch you off of the Ulric's burg with a trebuchet.

Needless to say, it's a big hard to stop and the walk back is annoying. Though the look on his face is downright epic...

"THERE! ALL FOUR ELEMENTS! ARE WE DONE?!"

"NO! ONE MORE!" he roars, "One more test!"

"Why you..."

"YOU SHALL FACE... TRIAL BY CAKE!"

"...what...?"

He motions and what looks like a full on WEDDING CAKE is drawn out.

"Where did you have time to make that thing?"

"Eat that and you are truly in the right!"

"If I were a damn OGRE!"

He looks downright manic at this point...

Right make crazy pants happy...or give up, either/or at this point...

Let's get eating....

Brian Boru carried out 1 launched of one d10 :
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:33 am

Brian Boru wrote:"You have my thanks."

"I'll start by clearing out as many holds as possible."

And you might have a better chance here than anywhere else.  People are used to power scrambles from anyone and if it keeps someone safe then they REALLY don't care where, who, or what it comes from.  The Lahmian walking larder town is one example.

Okay.

Well Peter is too appreciative of saving their lives and restoring their homes to complain too much. So he invites you and the Hold to his new home to break in the new buildings with a big party.  The food might be a little sparse but there'll be plenty of booze.  Arik is bringing out a pair of barrels of Bugman XXXXXX itself for this shindig which causes the entire town to go nuts in celebration.

Right. And we party... and I'm sure the dwarves have all kinds of things to say about my workmanship... Though I bet they'll agree... not bad for a rush job... :p

"Where did you have time to make that thing?"

"The templars of Sigmar have MANY TALENTS!"

"If I were a damn OGRE!"

"Spoken like a TRUE worshipers of CHAOS!"

Right make crazy pants happy...or give up, either/or at this point...

Let's get eating....

Ugh... after 2 hours and enough cake to kill a whale... you still have HALF A CAKE!

God, you want to VOMIT... but form the look in its eyes, so does he...

ONE! MORE ROLL!

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:15 am

Brian Boru wrote:Heh.

Well eventually one of the Ungols speaks up.  He explains what your riding party saw, the large party of Khornate Mauraders with a trio of knights leading them, the big band of Nurglite Beastmen, and they mention that someone they met ran into a band of shamans who summoned a Changer of Ways.

The man's eyes bug clean out his head and he turns to sound the alarm immediately, before he's told to wait, all three threats were already dealt with, few if any survived and the demon was banished back to where he came form.

The Gospodar man stares at your party, completely unbelieving of such a claim.  "How?"

Your companions turn to you.

... I should probably keep the amount of shocks to a minimum and not mention that I'd actually killed it outright rather than banishing it.

On the other hand, these _are_ steppe riders, duelers, and men of martial prowess ... who appreciate a good boast and demonstration.

I grin, tilt my head back and _breathe out a motherfucking gout a flame that rises a good dozen or more meters straight up_.

"Because fuck them, that's how," I say.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:11 pm

Psyckosama wrote:"I'll start by clearing out as many holds as possible."

He grins, "You do that."

Right. And we party... and I'm sure the dwarves have all kinds of things to say about my workmanship... Though I bet they'll agree... not bad for a rush job... :p

More or less though they do appreciate how the "grew out of the ground" ascetic looks. Not bad. Even the trained stone carvers think so.

Well the party is a hellacious rip-roarer, the high point being Florina, utterly sloshed from half a cup of Bugman's, assaulting your lips with herr own though you manage to pry her off before either of you do anything you regret.

The next morning she wakes up with one HELL of a hangover, and little or no memory of what she did in a massive crowd of people.

As you start leaving a young sounding voice calls out to you.

You turn around...and look up and up....

Standing in front of you is ...well you wonder if the kid has Ogre blood in him because you didn't think men grew that tall without favor from the dark gods.

7'2'' and hulking muscle, his face seems to utterly mismatch the rest of him because that part doesn't look a day over 17. When you regain your composure you learn what Herman Kessel, the young man, wants with you.

His merchant family had been killed in the goblin attack and with him the only one left and no real head for the mercantile business he asks if he could come with you? If you ask you learn he's downright NASTY with a spiked hammer his father had given him for his last birthday, and which he'd used to devastating effect during the fight.

The youthful hope and apprehension on his face is so intense you'd feel like you're kicking a puppy for saying no.

"The templars of Sigmar have MANY TALENTS!"

"....didn't expect baking as one of them...."

"Spoken like a TRUE worshipers of CHAOS!"

Like to see you eat this damn thing.

Ugh... after 2 hours and enough cake to kill a whale... you still have HALF A CAKE!

God, you want to VOMIT... but form the look in its eyes, so does he...

ONE! MORE ROLL!

Fuck you! You MAD SON OF A BITCH!

Brian Boru carried out 1 launched of one d10 :

Rieverre wrote:... I should probably keep the amount of shocks to a minimum and not mention that I'd actually killed it outright rather than banishing it.

You think?

On the other hand, these _are_ steppe riders, duelers, and men of martial prowess ... who appreciate a good boast and demonstration.

I grin, tilt my head back and _breathe out a motherfucking gout a flame that rises a good dozen or more meters straight up_.

"Because fuck them, that's how," I say.

"SORCERY!"

"WAIT WAIT! He's not a threat our Wise Woman had a look at him and she didn't sense any corruption in him."

The Nobleman looks at him intensely before looking back at you. "You wouldn't mind if I had a priest examine you? For my own piece of mind yes?"
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:42 pm

Brian Boru wrote:"SORCERY!"

"WAIT WAIT!  He's not a threat our Wise Woman had a look at him and she didn't sense any corruption in him."

The Nobleman looks at him intensely before looking back at you.  "You wouldn't mind if I had a priest examine you?  For my own piece of mind yes?"

"Would I have come here if I minded? Given my companions' initial reactions, it wasn't difficult to infer this would be necessary."

I shrug.

"Given what I've seen of the Ruinous Powers recently, caution is certainly warranted and prudent. Meanwhile you'll be able to speak with the others without me present to further ease your concerns. As long as there's a warm meal, a cold drink and a hot bath in it for me, I'm not going to object."
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:29 pm

Brian Boru wrote:He grins, "You do that."

I grin. "That's the plan. Frankly, I've got an agenda. One part is to help the Dwarf regain what was lost. You're good people and an important stalwart against chaos."

I do admit at least with the parts involving orcs and skaven, I might as well as be using the Book of Grudges as a checklist.

More or less though they do appreciate how the "grew out of the ground" ascetic looks.  Not bad.  Even the trained stone carvers think so.

I give them some demos and offer to help them with the holds outer wall. I can basically weld the stone to turn it from multiple masterfully crafted and fitted blocks into one solid piece of stone.

They'll probably need to give it a once over to iron out any little imperfections but it'll probably be much stronger than before.

Well the party is a hellacious rip-roarer, the high point being Florina, utterly sloshed from half a cup of Bugman's, assaulting your lips with herr own though you manage to pry her off before either of you do anything you regret.

Heh.

The next morning she wakes up with one HELL of a hangover, and little or no memory of what she did in a massive crowd of people.

I'm sure someone else will tell her. I'm a little embarrassed.

As you start leaving a young sounding voice calls out to you.

You turn around...and look up and up....

Standing in front of you is ...well you wonder if the kid has Ogre blood in him because you didn't think men grew that tall without favor from the dark gods.

7'2'' and hulking muscle, his face seems to utterly mismatch the rest of him because that part doesn't look a day over 17.  When you regain your composure you learn what Herman Kessel, the young man, wants with you.

His merchant family had been killed in the goblin attack and with him the only one left and no real head for the mercantile business he asks if he could come with you?  If you ask you learn he's downright NASTY with a spiked hammer his father had given him for his last birthday, and which he'd used to devastating effect during the fight.

The youthful hope and apprehension on his face is so intense you'd feel like you're kicking a puppy for saying no.

"Welcome onboard kid..."

I think I might just have found my first human Earthbender. He is sure as hell built for it...

I talk to the others about the idea.

"....didn't expect baking as one of them...."

He raises an eyebrow.

Like to see you eat this damn thing.

He's the one who issues the tests, not takes them...

Fuck you!  You MAD SON OF A BITCH!

You manage to eat it...

"ONE MORE TE---"

"ENOUGH!" the Archlictor exclaims. "You've done your tests. He's clearly not tainted by chaos..."

The Witch Hunter glares. "Mark my words, one day this foul sorcerer will show his true colors and it will be MY order that deals with him..."

"He has been vetted by the Temple of Ulric and has passed every one of your tests be gone!"

He gives you the "I'll be watching you" look before leaving...

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:10 pm

Rieverre wrote:"Would I have come here if I minded? Given my companions' initial reactions, it wasn't difficult to infer this would be necessary."

I shrug.

"Given what I've seen of the Ruinous Powers recently, caution is certainly warranted and prudent. Meanwhile you'll be able to speak with the others without me present to further ease your concerns. As long as there's a warm meal, a cold drink and a hot bath in it for me, I'm not going to object."

That seems to satisfy him, "Until you're tested by a priest...your stay here will be...strained. But do not worry, you'll be well taken care of."

Your eventual place of rest is a small alcove in the stables. While not perfect it's warm and they don't scrimp on the food you're given.

A day later a hairy man comes to the fort from the forests. A priest of Ursun from the look of it.

He glances you over and then asks. "Right then, do your thing. I'll be able to tell if you're of the four or not." A swarm of cannons are aimed right at you. Apparently they're not taking any risks.

What do you show him?

Psyckosama wrote:I grin. "That's the plan. Frankly, I've got an agenda. One part is to help the Dwarf regain what was lost. You're good people and an important stalwart against chaos."

I do admit at least with the parts involving orcs and skaven, I might as well as be using the Book of Grudges as a checklist.

That makes him chuckle a bit.

I give them some demos and offer to help them with the holds outer wall. I can basically weld the stone to turn it from multiple masterfully crafted and fitted blocks into one solid piece of stone.

They'll probably need to give it a once over to iron out any little imperfections but it'll probably be much stronger than before.

They're a bit...hesitant but eventually they acquiesce to your offer and soon it looks like a solid sheen of stone acting as the first line of defense for the hold...nice....

I'm sure someone else will tell her. I'm a little embarrassed.

She isn't able to look you in the eye for the rest of the day.

"Welcome onboard kid..."

His smile lights up like a beacon.

I think I might just have found my first human Earthbender. He is sure as hell built for it...

Heh

I talk to the others about the idea.

They don't mind though Ungrim's surprised you think a human could be an Earth-bender, but you'll have to see.

As for the kid.

"...you mean like what you did to Arik's walls?"

Then yes he'll willing to try.

Roll a d20.

He raises an eyebrow.

Not going to continue on that train of thought. That way lies madness.

He's the one who issues the tests, not takes them...

Of course....

You manage to eat it...

"ONE MORE TE---"

I'M GONNA FIRE HIM OUT OF THE FUCKING TREBU-

"ENOUGH!" the Archlictor exclaims. "You've done your tests. He's clearly not tainted by chaos..."

"Thank-you Arch-Lector."

The Witch Hunter glares. "Mark my words, one day this foul sorcerer will show his true colors and it will be MY order that deals with him..."

I clench my fists, I'd like to you see you loons try.

"He has been vetted by the Temple of Ulric and has passed every one of your tests be gone!"

Smug grin.

He gives you the "I'll be watching you" look before leaving...

I return the look.

Once he's out I give him a little bye-bye wave with my fingers before turning back to the Priests.

"Now...is there anything else you'd wish to see? Or can we move on to that...offer I was talking about?"

Otherwise I'll get about to that presentation of power I was going to give the Graf.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:22 pm

Brian Boru wrote:That makes him chuckle a bit.

"Let me put it this way... in 10 years we might very well be toasting to the creation of 'Ratman's Bay'.

I grin. It's an evil grin.

They're a bit...hesitant but eventually they acquiesce to your offer and soon it looks like a solid sheen of stone acting as the first line of defense for the hold...nice....

"If you need more done, contact the Ironhunter Clan. They're all Earthbenders. Still mastering their power, but I'm sure with the basics they've learned, the dwarven sense for stone, and the sheer craftsmenship of your people their work will be peerless sooner than later."

She isn't able to look you in the eye for the rest of the day.

I simply smile and give her a part on the back

His smile lights up like a beacon.

"We're going to be doing some insanely dangerous stuff.

They don't mind though Ungrim's surprised you think a human could be an Earth-bender, but you'll have to see.

"With the exception of your son and the Ironhunters, every single Earthbender I've ever known has been human. Though I'm sure your peoples benders will have a RARE level of power and control that only the greatest humans could match, from both your natural affinity for stone and your desire for absolute perfection."

As for the kid.

"...you mean like what you did to Arik's walls?"

Then yes he'll willing to try.

Roll a d20.

Psyckosama carried out 1 launched of one d20 :

Not going to continue on that train of thought.  That way lies madness.

Heh.

I'M GONNA FIRE HIM OUT OF THE FUCKING TREBU-

Heh.

"Thank-you Arch-Lector."

"You're welcome... we agreed to the tests believing they'd be... relatively sane. To prove you were not a charlatan. He went above and beyond what we expected. When he told us he wanted one last test... we told him it better be Trial by Cake. We did not expect him to abuse his authority to rob a bakery of an entire wedding cake." he sighs. "I'm going to have to send a personal message of apology to Von Grim's son and bride..."

I clench my fists, I'd like to you see you loons try.

The Archlictor looks almost as annoyed as you do.

Once he's out I give him a little bye-bye wave with my fingers before turning back to the Priests.

"Now...is there anything else you'd wish to see?  Or can we move on to that...offer I was talking about?"

Otherwise I'll get about to that presentation of power I was going to give the Graf.

"Scouts have already reported the... mess... you made in the Darkwald while killing the beastman. They speak of a fortress wall large enough to hold a city that still has steaming black rock within. I'm sure the Graf is going to be speaking to you about it soon."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:58 pm

Psyckosama wrote:"Let me put it this way... in 10 years we might very well be toasting to the creation of 'Ratman's Bay'.

I grin. It's an evil grin.

A dazed happy look.

"If you need more done, contact the Ironhunter Clan. They're all Earthbenders. Still mastering their power, but I'm sure with the basics they've learned, the dwarven sense for stone, and the sheer craftsmenship of your people their work will be peerless sooner than later."

They'll remember that.

I simply smile and give her a part on the back

She squeaks at the contact.

"We're going to be doing some insanely dangerous stuff."

That's alright with him.

"With the exception of your son and the Ironhunters, every single Earthbender I've ever known has been human. Though I'm sure your peoples benders will have a RARE level of power and control that only the greatest humans could match, from both your natural affinity for stone and your desire for absolute perfection."

He shrugs, makes sense.

Well it goes off without a hitch....and when he tries to Earthbend...nothing happens...

BUT, when he swings his arm in frustration, he makes a fountain shoot up like old faithful....you got a water bender on your hands.

"You're welcome... we agreed to the tests believing they'd be... relatively sane. To prove you were not a charlatan. He went above and beyond what we expected. When he told us he wanted one last test... we told him it better be Trial by Cake. We did not expect him to abuse his authority to rob a bakery of an entire wedding cake." he sighs. "I'm going to have to send a personal message of apology to Von Grim's son and bride..."

"I'll repay the couple for the lost cake, he...heck. I'll even apologize to them myself. Crazy nut..."

And I do make sure to find and repay for the lost cake hell I'll offer to buy them another....though I'll admit the thing was heavenly...

The Archlictor looks almost as annoyed as you do.

What do you know a reasonable Sigmarite besides Volkmar.

"Scouts have already reported the... mess... you made in the Darkwald while killing the beastman. They speak of a fortress wall large enough to hold a city that still has steaming black rock within. I'm sure the Graf is going to be speaking to you about it soon."

I shrug sheepishly, "I was getting frustrated with them. And I got a bit...sloppy at the end....might want to send a party to bless or purify the place. That many beastmen dying in one spot...can't be good for anyone...though no bodies to use...I can promise you that. Lava has a way of doing that to remains."

So...on Southward eventually?
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:20 pm

Brian Boru wrote:That seems to satisfy him, "Until you're tested by a priest...your stay here will be...strained.  But do not worry, you'll be well taken care of."

Your eventual place of rest is a small alcove in the stables.  While not perfect it's warm and they don't scrimp on the food you're given.

The next morning they're wondering where the stone furniture came from. Hey, nobody said anything about not making myself comfortable.

A day later a hairy man comes to the fort from the forests.  A priest of Ursun from the look of it.

He glances you over and then asks. "Right then, do your thing.  I'll be able to tell if you're of the four or not."  A swarm of cannons are aimed right at you.  Apparently they're not taking any risks.

What do you show him?

... he really should have known better. This is like taunting me to do something to troll them horribly.

In this case, I gather up moisture from the air and ground, give it a few twists to purify, then have it slam into the earth behind me and freeze into a serviceable but needlessly spiky-backed throne.

Then, casual as you please, I take a seat.

"Satisfied?"
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:26 pm

Brian Boru wrote:A dazed happy look.

"They have undercities under every major human city in the old world," I state grimly. "I'm going to have to figure out a way to collapse every one of them without destroying the city above."

They'll remember that.

I nod.

She squeaks at the contact.

I smile and walk past.

That's alright with him.

Fair enough.

He shrugs, makes sense.

"The idea of Grey Beard Earthbenders kinda scares the shit out of me... then again, cranky old master benders is something of a long standing tradition..."

BUT, when he swings his arm in frustration, he makes a fountain shoot up like old faithful....you got a water bender on your hands.

Alright. I'll find Earthbenders later. Time to train 'em and move on...

Psyckosama carried out 1 launched of one d100 :
Psyckosama carried out 1 launched of one d10 :

"I'll repay the couple for the lost cake, he...heck. I'll even apologize to them myself.  Crazy nut..."

And I do make sure to find and repay for the lost cake hell I'll offer to buy them another....though I'll admit the thing was heavenly...

"It would be unseemly if you did so. I'll send the bill to his order along with a strongly worded letter..."

What do you know a reasonable Sigmarite besides Volkmar.

This is less reasonable and this moron just did severe damage to his political standing here in Middenheim.

I shrug sheepishly, "I was getting frustrated with them.  And I got a bit...sloppy at the end....might want to send a party to bless or purify the place.  That many beastmen dying in one spot...can't be good for anyone...though no bodies to use...I can promise you that.  Lava has a way of doing that to remains."

"I'm sure the Graf will wish to speak to you about it."

So...on Southward eventually?  

Eventually. :p

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:37 pm

Rieverre wrote:The next morning they're wondering where the stone furniture came from. Hey, nobody said anything about not making myself comfortable.

Sure terrify them why don't you....

... he really should have known better. This is like taunting me to do something to troll them horribly.

In this case, I gather up moisture from the air and ground, give it a few twists to purify, then have it slam into the earth behind me and freeze into a serviceable but needlessly spiky-backed throne.

Then, casual as you please, I take a seat.

"Satisfied?"

Everyone freaks a bit with the ice you use but the priest of Ursun eventually agrees that you're not using magic....more like some divine being is granting you power...but he's not sure .....but this is too big for just this outpost, they'll be needing to kick this up the line. But the Ataman of the village, Druzhina Boris Lebedev, feels this is too big for him to decide anything, they need to contact the boyar.

Psyckosama wrote:"They have undercities under every major human city in the old world," I state grimly. "I'm going to have to figure out a way to collapse every one of them without destroying the city above."

Sound about right.

I smile and walk past.

Blushes.

"The idea of Grey Beard Earthbenders kinda scares the shit out of me... then again, cranky old master benders is something of a long standing tradition..."

"Have you ever met a young and happy master of their craft?"

Alright. I'll find Earthbenders later. Time to train 'em and move on...

We'll see.

34 Well other than a few storms the weather holds out wonderfully as you trek along the Old Dwarf road. Passing the town of Akendorf with little trouble, crossing the Thunder and Skull Rivers until you reach the Forest of Gloom, a place CRAWLING with Goblins and beastmen tribes.

Roll a d100

As for the kid, (1) he's also a goddamn natural like Florina, maybe not her raw power but he's damn good though, VERY damn good...you seem to have a knack for finding exceptional potentials. He's also got an incredible talent for ice based techniques.

"It would be unseemly if you did so. I'll send the bill to his order along with a strongly worded letter..."

"As you deem best."

This is less reasonable and this moron just did severe damage to his political standing here in Middenheim.

That as well.

"I'm sure the Graf will wish to speak to you about it."

"I'm sure he will." I bid good-day to him and head back to Alina. When I get the chance I'll go talk with the Graf to see what his thoughts are on what he found. I hope he's impressed.

Eventually. :p

Right then.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:48 am

Brian Boru wrote:Blushes.

It was just a friendly pay...

"Have you ever met a young and happy master of their craft?"

"Yes actually. They're rare though, but I've met some young master benders before. Most were prodigies but still... But, yeah. Greybeard Master Earthbenders will be SCARY."

34  Well other than a few storms the weather holds out wonderfully as you trek along the Old Dwarf road.  Passing the town of Akendorf with little trouble, crossing the Thunder and Skull Rivers until you reach the Forest of Gloom, a place CRAWLING with Goblins and beastmen tribes.

Roll a d100

Psyckosama carried out 1 launched of one d100 :

As for the kid, (1) he's also a goddamn natural like Florina, maybe not her raw power but he's damn good though, VERY damn good...you seem to have a knack for finding exceptional potentials.  He's also got an incredible talent for ice based techniques.

Wonderful. ^_^

I make sure to tell him about my culture a bit and try and help him figure out a way to make his weapon work with his bending.

"As you deem best."

"Advice from me to you. You're too nice, boy. They'll eat you alive and not even that damned vampire lover of yours will be able to navigate you around it if you let yourself stay blind to it"

"I'm sure he will."  I bid good-day to him and head back to Alina.

How did it go? :p

When I get the chance I'll go talk with the Graf to see what his thoughts are on what he found.  I hope he's impressed.

Extremely. And he intends to put a town there. It's a solid foundation just begging for development. It's in an area where the borders are rather fluid so he could be able to get the rights to the location without too much bother.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:30 am

Brian Boru wrote:Sure terrify them why don't you....

They're having me sleep in a stable. I'm entitled to some amount of messing with them ^^

Everyone freaks a bit with the ice you use but the priest of Ursun eventually agrees that you're not using magic....more like some divine being is granting you power...but he's not sure .....but this is too big for just this outpost, they'll be needing to kick this up the line.  But the Ataman of the village, Druzhina Boris Lebedev, feels this is too big for him to decide anything, they need to contact the boyar.

It's not as though I have any pressing engagements, but can I move out of the stables now, or do they want to wake up one morning to find them replaced with stone fortifications? Because that's the way it seems to be turning out.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:04 am

Psyckosama wrote:It was just a friendly pay...

True but considering she seemed to lose control of herself....

"Yes actually. They're rare though, but I've met some young master benders before. Most were prodigies but still... But, yeah. Greybeard Master Earthbenders will be SCARY."

He blinks at the first then chuckles in agreement at the second.

And you barely dodge a flash of hell fire that blasts at you from the forest to your left. Slamming up a barrier you manage to get a look at what the hell just happened and you spot movement through the trees. Followed by hellacious howling the trumpeting of crude horns. Seems a Beastman herds stumbled across you....300 strong at the least and at least one shaman in there.

Wonderful. ^_^

heh

I make sure to tell him about my culture a bit and try and help him figure out a way to make his weapon work with his bending.

He seems curious about it, though he's still a Borderlander in his speech and manners for the most part. Though he's more attentive about the phases of the moon.

"Advice from me to you. You're too nice, boy. They'll eat you alive and not even that damned vampire lover of yours will be able to navigate you around it if you let yourself stay blind to it"

"She's not a vampire Arch-Lector. But I understand what you mean. I realize I'm rather passive but that's because I'm the Avatar, I have the power to shake the foundations of the earth itself if I find reason to. I try to be nice because if I let my strength go to my head than I'm no better than the brutes I am sworn to do battle with. But I will take your words to heart and be more assertive."

How did it go? :p

With her? What do you think?

If you mean she asks what happened I tell her I passed the Priest's tests as well as a Random Witch Hunter's many insane demands. He also mentioned I'm too nice and I depend on you too much...what do you think?

Extremely. And he intends to put a town there. It's a solid foundation just begging for development. It's in an area where the borders are rather fluid so he could be able to get the rights to the location without too much bother.

"If you haven't decided on a name yet, might I suggest Boruburg?" I say with a chuckle.

Then I have a pensive look on my face. "If you wished I could raise a Thick Stone wall for every major town in Middenland if you wished it's certainly rather easy for me and it would make them much safer. Just because Kazrak's dead doesn't mean that others won't rise to take his place and there are certainly SWARMS of the bastards under those trees."

"It could give me something to do before I head south to get an audience with the Emperor about bring Marienburg back into the fold. I could do more if there were other earthbenders....though there MIGHT be a way to get more manipulators of the elements...."

Rieverre wrote:They're having me sleep in a stable. I'm entitled to some amount of messing with them ^^

Fair enough.

It's not as though I have any pressing engagements, but can I move out of the stables now, or do they want to wake up one morning to find them replaced with stone fortifications? Because that's the way it seems to be turning out.

You're out of the stables and once the story gets around that you REALLY did put down all of those followers of the Chaos gods they're all extremely excited and happy to have you around. Practically a guest of honor. You're going to be here for a few days though as they need to send a message to the Boyar.

Wanna do anything until a return message is sent?
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:03 am

Brian Boru wrote:You're out of the stables and once the story gets around that you REALLY did put down all of those followers of the Chaos gods they're all extremely excited and happy to have you around.  Practically a guest of honor.  You're going to be here for a few days though as they need to send a message to the Boyar.

Wanna do anything until a return message is sent?

Might as well make them like me more by providing valuable services (really, it's an excuse to get even more familiar with my mojo) ... I'll make reinforcing the settlement's walls and buildings with earthbending a personal project, as well as helping out with anyone sick or injured. Other than that, if priest-bro is hanging around keeping an eye on me, I'll get his opinion on local magical traditions. They've probably already asked my companions about where I've said I'd come from and how, so me being curious isn't likely to be a big thing.

That aside, I'll ask to go outside the walls once a day because I want to keep in shape and practice and doing so inside the settlement would a)freak people out a bit and b)buildings are fragile.

... and since what I want to try to figure out is lavabending outside of the Avatar state, yeah, probably wise to not be in close proximity to anything fragile or flammable. Even if I'm not going to be doing any grand attempts at it but instead the more limited (and practical, really) guided molten projectiles techniques.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:53 pm

Brian Boru wrote:True but considering she seemed to lose control of herself....

She was drunk. What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.

He blinks at the first then chuckles in agreement at the second.

"Though I downright pity the ratmen and greenskins."

I make my voice lower and more grumbly. "Spoiled beardlings, don't appreciate what blessings you've got! In my day we didn't have any of these fancy kicky-punchy Earthbending techniques. You had to headbutt the walls into submission to get the Earth to do what you want!"

And you barely dodge a flash of hell fire that blasts at you from the forest to your left.  Slamming up a barrier you manage to get a look at what the hell just happened and you spot movement through the trees. Followed by hellacious howling the trumpeting of crude horns.  Seems a Beastman herds stumbled across you....300 strong at the least and at least one shaman in there.

I grin like a lunatic. "Florina! Midrange attacks and crowd control. Keep them off their feet and kill any targets of opportunity!" I look to the Waterbender kid, "Short range immobilization! If they can't move, they can't DEFEND. Urgrim! Watch the others and keep everyone alive. Kill everything that gets close. I'm going after the shaman!"

I fireblast the Gors infront of me and fire several bolders into thier formations as I use airbending to speed myself as I rush the Shaman. I use an ice wall as a defense/offense to clear my way...

Then I pretty much lay on the shaman with the full fury of the elements by LAVABENDING at him after sucking the air of of his lungs.

He seems curious about it, though he's still a Borderlander in his speech and manners for the most part.  Though he's more attentive about the phases of the moon.

He'll be taught. I tell him all about the Water and Moon spirits.

I guess Maan is the closest they have to the EArth Spirit, but they don't have a equivalent for Yue.

"She's not a vampire Arch-Lector.  But I understand what you mean.  I realize I'm rather passive but that's because I'm the Avatar, I have the power to shake the foundations of the earth itself if I find reason to.  I try to be nice because if I let my strength go to my head than I'm no better than the brutes I am sworn to do battle with. But I will take your words to heart and be more assertive."

"Diplomacy is war without violence," he states calmly, "Remember your friends, remember your foes, and never let anyone forget your power. I'm an old man. But few ignore me because I can make their lives difficult with a simple nod. For you, that seems to be more literal. Don't forget, and don't let them..."

He frowns. "And don't trust that Sylvanian woman. She has an agenda. Everyone does. Mine just happens to be the well being of the Empire."

If you mean she asks what happened I tell her I passed the Priest's tests as well as a Random Witch Hunter's many insane demands.  He also mentioned I'm too nice and I depend on you too much...what do you think?

She pouts. "Maybe a little but I'll always have your back, lover...."

"If you haven't decided on a name yet, might I suggest Boruburg?" I say with a chuckle.

"I'll consider it."

Then I have a pensive look on my face.  "If you wished I could raise a Thick Stone wall for every major town in Middenland if you wished it's certainly rather easy for me and it would make them much safer.  Just because Kazrak's dead doesn't mean that others won't rise to take his place and there are certainly SWARMS of the bastards under those trees."

"Tall order. How much?"

"It could give me something to do before I head south to get an audience with the Emperor about bring Marienburg back into the fold. I could do more if there were other earthbenders....though there MIGHT be a way to get more manipulators of the elements...."

His eye light up. "Really?"

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:11 pm

Rieverre wrote:Might as well make them like me more by providing valuable services (really, it's an excuse to get even more familiar with my mojo) ... I'll make reinforcing the settlement's walls and buildings with earthbending a personal project, as well as helping out with anyone sick or injured. Other than that, if priest-bro is hanging around keeping an eye on me, I'll get his opinion on local magical traditions. They've probably already asked my companions about where I've said I'd come from and how, so me being curious isn't likely to be a big thing.

That aside, I'll ask to go outside the walls once a day because I want to keep in shape and practice and doing so inside the settlement would a)freak people out a bit and b)buildings are fragile.

... and since what I want to try to figure out is lavabending outside of the Avatar state, yeah, probably wise to not be in close proximity to anything fragile or flammable. Even if I'm not going to be doing any grand attempts at it but instead the more limited (and practical, really) guided molten projectiles techniques.

Well overall they seem to accept you for what you are, and while your offers are appreciated they decline the wall until they’re sure Boyar Vladimir Yugachev isn’t going to be declaring their Chaos Conspirators.

The priest seems to get along with you though he’s exceedingly gruff.

As for the training...roll a d100

A week later you get your answer from the Boyar...in 300 winged Lancers riding up to the fort with Vladimir riding at the head of the party. Not hostile but he’s obviously concerned about what he’ll find.

Psyckosama wrote:She was drunk. What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.

Heh

"Though I downright pity the ratmen and greenskins."

I make my voice lower and more grumbly. "Spoiled beardlings, don't appreciate what blessings you've got! In my day we didn't have any of these fancy kicky-punchy Earthbending techniques. You had to headbutt the walls into submission to get the Earth to do what you want!"

Chuckle.

I grin like a lunatic. "Florina! Midrange attacks and crowd control. Keep them off their feet and kill any targets of opportunity!" I look to the Waterbender kid, "Short range immobilization! If they can't move, they can't DEFEND. Urgrim! Watch the others and keep everyone alive. Kill everything that gets close. I'm going after the shaman!"

The two of them nod and they began to tear into the brutes. Herman managed to freeze many of them then shattering them with his massive hammer, while Florina blasted others with gusts of wind. Ungrim meanwhile swung his ax with wild abandon, a beast dying with each swing.

I fireblast the Gors infront of me and fire several bolders into thier formations as I use airbending to speed myself as I rush the Shaman. I use an ice wall as a defense/offense to clear my way...

Then I pretty much lay on the shaman with the full fury of the elements by LAVABENDING at him after sucking the air of of his lungs.

You tear your way through the pack like a knife through hot butter. Finding the shaman, it doesn’t last long enough to scream before he’s roasted.

He'll be taught. I tell him all about the Water and Moon spirits.

I guess Maan is the closest they have to the EArth Spirit, but they don't have a equivalent for Yue.

Who knows.

"Diplomacy is war without violence," he states calmly, "Remember your friends, remember your foes, and never let anyone forget your power. I'm an old man. But few ignore me because I can make their lives difficult with a simple nod. For you, that seems to be more literal. Don't forget, and don't let them..."

I nod, “I understand.”

He frowns. "And don't trust that Sylvanian woman. She has an agenda. Everyone does. Mine just happens to be the well being of the Empire."

I sigh, “I was a grown man when I learned of my powers and responsibility, and so I was never taught or expected to be in the halls of power that I find myself in. I am fond of Alina and she seems so of me. She is also the only real guide I have presently. But I realize I can’t use her as a crutch for the rest of my life….but where do I turn?

...DAMN! Give me a proper battle against monsters! Orcs, Beastmen, the men of the utter North!”

She pouts. "Maybe a little but I'll always have your back, lover...."

I smile and kiss her on the cheek. “Thank-you my dear. But I wonder if I should begin learning how to stand on my own when dealing with those stuffed shirts. DAMN! I’d much rather leap into battle with a horde of beastmen or orcs again!”

"I'll consider it."

“Thank-you.”

"Tall order. How much?"

“How about a tenth of the normal price it would take to build those walls normally. Mannish prices of course.”

His eye light up. "Really?"

“Well there is one final skill I have. Energy-bending. It allows one to grant a living being the ability to bend like I can. Before you ask, NO it wouldn’t rely on magic to do so nor would the new bender begin to use magic either. They won’t have my raw power but there are plenty of exceptional benders that could turn the tides of battle on their own. And it would be only ONE element.

The only problem is that is it requires that the subject be willing to allow his spirit to be...influenced. If they fight and I can’t overpower them...then it could be catastrophic for the both of us.

If anyone is willing to volunteer than I would be willing to make the attempt...I WILL be needing a population of benders for a successor to come after I am gone so this would be an important start.”
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:46 pm

Brian Boru wrote:Well overall they seem to accept you for what you are, and while your offers are appreciated they decline the wall until they’re sure Boyar Vladimir Yugachev isn’t going to be declaring their Chaos Conspirators.

That's fair enough. I was mostly trying to keep from being too bored. I'll have my fill of poking around the settlement in short enough order.

The priest seems to get along with you though he’s exceedingly gruff.

Our conversations are had mostly in half-grunts then. I can work with that.

As for the training...roll a d100

rolling ... THIS CAN ONLY GO WELL, and I should keep away from anything actually flammable

A week later you get your answer from the Boyar...in 300 winged Lancers riding up to the fort with Vladimir riding at the head of the party.  Not hostile but he’s obviously concerned about what he’ll find.

With my luck he arrives when I'm practicing that day.

Also, still halfway impressed, halfway bemused by seeing the not!Hussars. I don't think it's going away anytime soon.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Dice Bot Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:46 pm

The member 'Rieverre' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd100' : 17

Dice Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:32 pm

Brian Boru wrote:The two of them nod and they began to tear into the brutes.  Herman managed to freeze many of them then shattering them with his massive hammer, while Florina blasted others with gusts of wind.  Ungrim meanwhile swung his ax with wild abandon, a beast dying with each swing.

As long as they watch each others backs they'll pretty much be unstoppable.

You tear your way through the pack like a knife through hot butter.  Finding the shaman, it doesn’t last long enough to scream before he’s roasted.

We cut down the rest...

Who knows.

So what does he think of the story of Princess Yue?

I'll meditate on it... and if there isn't one... I'll try and contact Yue if I can... and ask if she's interested in the job.

I nod, “I understand.”

"You're a nieve boy, but no fool."

I sigh, “I was a grown man when I learned of my powers and responsibility, and so I was never taught or expected to be in the halls of power that I find myself in.  I am fond of Alina and she seems so of me.  She is also the only real guide I have presently.  But I realize I can’t use her as a crutch for the rest of my life….but where do I turn?

...DAMN!  Give me a proper battle against monsters! Orcs, Beastmen, the men of the utter North!”

"Tell me, how long before she fell into your chambers? One? Two days? If that?"

I smile and kiss her on the cheek.  “Thank-you my dear.  But I wonder if I should begin learning how to stand on my own when dealing with those stuffed shirts.  DAMN!  I’d much rather leap into battle with a horde of beastmen or orcs again!”

"Politics."

[quote]“How about a tenth of the normal price it would take to build those walls normally. Mannish prices of course.”
[quote]

"... would you mind it being paid in installments. The Treasury, as you can imagine, has seen some... large expenses lately."

He gives you a knowing look.

“Well there is one final skill I have.  Energy-bending. It allows one to grant a living being the ability to bend like I can.  Before you ask, NO it wouldn’t rely on magic to do so nor would the new bender begin to use magic either.  They won’t have my raw power but there are plenty of exceptional benders that could turn the tides of battle on their own.  And it would be only ONE element.

The only problem is that is it requires that the subject be willing to allow his spirit to be...influenced.  If they fight and I can’t overpower them...then it could be catastrophic for the both of us.  

If anyone is willing to volunteer than I would be willing to make the attempt...I WILL be needing a population of benders for a successor to come after I am gone so this would be an important start.”

"So, in essence you can grand your god's blessings to others?

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next