Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Page 10 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Brian Boru on Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:22 pm

Rieverre wrote:That's fair enough. I was mostly trying to keep from being too bored. I'll have my fill of poking around the settlement in short enough order.

Right.

Our conversations are had mostly in half-grunts then. I can work with that.

HAH!

rolling ... THIS CAN ONLY GO WELL, and I should keep away from anything actually flammable

17

Actually it went quite well. You manage to learn how to use it properly by the last day before the Boyar arrived.

With my luck he arrives when I'm practicing that day.

Thankfully no he doesn't.

Also, still halfway impressed, halfway bemused by seeing the not!Hussars. I don't think it's going away anytime soon.

As you will. Either way your host is out to greet the Boyar. More than a little nervous...and with him...his heart nearly stops...an Ice Witch...


Psyckosama wrote:As long as they watch each others backs they'll pretty much be unstoppable.

Yup.

We cut down the rest...

None escape, especially after Herman uses all the blood on the ground to freeze them to the ground. What follows next is rather gruesome. Herman's feeling rather smug about himself for the blood trap.

So what does he think of the story of Princess Yue?

Crying shame young love was cut short like that.

I'll meditate on it... and if there isn't one... I'll try and contact Yue if I can... and ask if she's interested in the job.

Roll 2d100.


Avatar Boru

"You're a nieve boy, but no fool."

"I pray I'll learn swift enough."

"Tell me, how long before she fell into your chambers? One? Two days? If that?"

"The evening I arrived...after I had raised several square miles of swamp into dry and arable land."

"Politics."

"Indeed."

"... would you mind it being paid in installments. The Treasury, as you can imagine, has seen some... large expenses lately."

He gives you a knowing look.

"Oh that's perfectly fine."

"So, in essence you can grand your god's blessings to others?

"That's not exactly it but close enough for what we're doing."

If he agrees to allowing me to test this I'll repeat that this HAS to be a willing volunteer. Otherwise it might turn downright lethal for all involved.

For the attempt.

Brian Boru carried out 1 launched of one d100 (Image not informed.) :
19

For the element.

Brian Boru carried out 1 launched of one d20 (Image not informed.) :
9
avatar
Brian Boru

Posts : 1163
Join date : 2012-08-04
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Psyckosama on Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:35 am

Brian Boru wrote:None escape, especially after Herman uses all the blood on the ground to freeze them to the ground.  What follows next is rather gruesome.  Herman's feeling rather smug about himself for the blood trap.

A nod of approval

Crying shame young love was cut short like that.

"I know."

Roll 2d100.

Psyckosama carried out 2 launched of one d100 (Image not informed.) :
24 , 74


Avatar Boru

"I pray I'll learn swift enough."

"For the best."

"The evening I arrived...after I had raised several square miles of swamp into dry and arable land."

"Hm. As I suspected, she was probably ordered to your chambers."

"Oh that's perfectly fine."

"We will negotiate the fine details."

"That's not exactly it but close enough for what we're doing."

If he agrees to allowing me to test this I'll repeat that this HAS to be a willing volunteer.  Otherwise it might turn downright lethal for all involved.
A young man who looks a lot like Boris steps forward.

"I'll volunteer."

"Heinrich..." Boris says, "Don't do this."

"Father, it is my decision." he looks at you. "If I recieve this blessing, will I be separated from Lord Ulric's blessing?"

What do you say, and you want to roll for it?

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Brian Boru on Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:35 am

Psyckosama wrote:A nod of approval

Herman's rather pleased with himself while Florina seems a bit confused.

"I know."

Even Florina seems to be touched.


24

Well that evening with Mannslieb in the sky you make the attempt. It seems like you have to make some strong interference but eventually a faded shape can be seen coming down from the direction of the moon. Distinctly female. Beautiful too...though how you know this.

After a moment the shape turns it's gaze to you and you hear one of the most hauntingly beautiful voices he had ever heard in his life.

"Who might you be that you can call me down to the Earth?

The voice sounds...exhausted, bedraggled.


Avatar Boru

"For the best."

Indeed.

"Hm. As I suspected, she was probably ordered to your chambers."

"I suspected that, though when she was right THERE!" I shrug. "I'm a young man's who's never been with a woman, never felt confident enough to try before and...well..."

I shrug again, "What do you suggest I should do? I already intend to through her out if she betrays or goes behind my back. I don't owe her uncle that much."

"We will negotiate the fine details."

Fine by me, I've already received much from him, it'd be greedy to demand more immediately.

A young man who looks a lot like Boris steps forward.

"I'll volunteer."

"Heinrich..." Boris says, "Don't do this."

"Father, it is my decision." he looks at you. "If I recieve this blessing, will I be separated from Lord Ulric's blessing?"

What do you say, and you want to roll for it?

"I...do not know Master Heinrich. I'm inclined to say no as you wouldn't be swearing to Raava to gain this power. It doesn't originate from it, she just makes this much, much easier to accomplish for me. I will go to the temple and meditate on this. I would ask that you join me."

I then go to the temple the first chance we can.

I this sit in front of the flame and meditate again. This time to see what his opinion would be on granting this scion of the Teutogens additional power to do battle with the forces of Old Night.

Brian Boru carried out 1 launched of one d100 (Image not informed.) :
47

Once we get an answer I'll tell him what I received and asked him if he still wants to do this. If he does then I tell him that he MUST NOT fight this as if he does and I have to fight him then we could BOTH be mangled here.

Then we get this started.

Brian Boru carried out 1 launched of one d100 (Image not informed.) :
88
avatar
Brian Boru

Posts : 1163
Join date : 2012-08-04
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Psyckosama on Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:42 am

Brian Boru wrote:Herman's rather pleased with himself while Florina seems a bit confused.

"Whats the matter?"

Even Florina seems to be touched.

SMILES!

Well that evening with Mannslieb in the sky you make the attempt.  It seems like you have to make some strong interference but eventually a faded shape can be seen coming down from the direction of the moon.  Distinctly female.  Beautiful too...though how you know this.

After a moment the shape turns it's gaze to you and you hear one of the most hauntingly beautiful voices he had ever heard in his life.

"Who might you be that you can call me down to the Earth?

The voice sounds...exhausted, bedraggled.

I explain to her who and what I am, and ask about her.

Depending on the answers I ask her to bless the Waterbenders of the world, who in turn will honor her.

But before that I ask what troubles her.

Avatar Boru

"I suspected that, though when she was right THERE!"  I shrug.  "I'm a young man's who's never been with a woman, never felt confident enough to try before and...well..."

I shrug again, "What do you suggest I should do?  I already intend to through her out if she betrays or goes behind my back.  I don't owe her uncle that much."

"Your decision boy. Just know you have a viper in your sheets."

Fine by me, I've already received much from him, it'd be greedy to demand more immediately.

Righto.

"I...do not know Master Heinrich.  I'm inclined to say no as you wouldn't be swearing to Raava to gain this power.  It doesn't originate from it, she just makes this much, much easier to accomplish for me.  I will go to the temple and meditate on this.  I would ask that you join me."

I then go to the temple the first chance we can.

I this sit in front of the flame and meditate again.  This time to see what his opinion would be on granting this scion of the Teutogens additional power to do battle with the forces of Old Night.

Do it. Bring him here.

Once we get an answer I'll tell him what I received and asked him if he still wants to do this.  If he does then I tell him that he MUST NOT fight this as if he does and I have to fight him then we could BOTH be mangled here.

He does... the process is smooth and almost instantaneous to be honest.

He looks a little distracted for a moment and plunges his hand into the sacred flame, which he then withdraws... unharmed, but on fire.

He looks down at it, and then punches. A *massive* firebolt of blue flame shoots out of his hand, before harmlessly washing over the walls of the temple.

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Brian Boru on Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:24 am

Psyckosama wrote:"Whats the matter?"

She just seems stunned that with all this blood she isn't going bloodmad anymore.  Still getting used to that.

I explain to her who and what I am, and ask about her.

She seems intrigued by this.  She tells you she is the goddess of the White Moon, Nimue.  Her husband is Dazh of sun and flame.

Depending on the answers I ask her to bless the Waterbenders of the world, who in turn will honor her.

But before that I ask what troubles her.

"What has troubled me for time immemorial.  She of the Green Moon has harried my path and forever makes passes at my husband her foul children the twisted ones of the forests forever flourish.  It is tiring...

Avatar Boru

"Your decision boy. Just know you have a viper in your sheets."

I nod I understand and I will try to keep an eye out for any funny business....

...why do I get the feeling there's going to be a swarm of pretty noble daughters of good Sigmarite families in my future?

Do it. Bring him here.

"Well that answers that!  Come over here master Heinrich!"

He does... the process is smooth and almost instantaneous to be honest.

Phew!

He looks a little distracted for a moment and plunges his hand into the sacred flame, which he then withdraws... unharmed, but on fire.

"What the hell..."

He looks down at it, and then punches. A *massive* firebolt of blue flame shoots out of his hand, before harmlessly washing over the walls of the temple.

I dive automatically, then I look up between my arms then back to Heinrich.  A grin spreads over my face.  "Seems that Ulric gave more than just his permission man....I do believe you're a Ulric-firebender...congrats....also congrats on your raw power I'D be hardpressed to make a flame that big and I'm the damn Avatar!"  I clap him on the shoulders.  Then I raise his arm up.  "ULRIC HAS SPOKEN!  HEINRICH, SON OF BORIS, IS CHOSEN OF ULRIC AND NOW WIELDS HIS FLAMES!  HAIL!"

Then I whisper, "We'll be needing to do some practice AWAY from town.  Fire's the most temperamental of the elements and with your raw power I'd hate to explain to your father why Middenheim is a pile of ash and charcoal yes?"
avatar
Brian Boru

Posts : 1163
Join date : 2012-08-04
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Psyckosama on Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:33 am

Brian Boru wrote:She just seems stunned that with all this blood she isn't going bloodmad anymore.  Still getting used to that.

I smile. "Must be relieving."

She seems intrigued by this.  She tells you she is the goddess of the White Moon, Nimue.  Her husband is Dazh of sun and flame.

"It's my pleasure."

"What has troubled me for time immemorial.  She of the Green Moon has harried my path and forever makes passes at my husband her foul children the twisted ones of the forests forever flourish.  It is tiring...

"I just killed many beastmen this day and have little sympathy or patience for those who'd prey on others."

This is where I tell her my plan to creature more benders and ask her to help look over the waterbenders and say I intend to ask her husband to do the same with those who use fire.

Avatar Boru

I nod I understand and I will try to keep an eye out for any funny business....

...why do I get the feeling there's going to be a swarm of pretty noble daughters of good Sigmarite families in my future?

You're not braindead?

"Well that answers that!  Come over here master Heinrich!"

And stuff happens

I dive automatically, then I look up between my arms then back to Heinrich.  A grin spreads over my face.  "Seems that Ulric gave more than just his permission man....I do believe you're a Ulric-firebender...congrats....also congrats on your raw power I'D be hardpressed to make a flame that big and I'm the damn Avatar!"  I clap him on the shoulders.  Then I raise his arm up.  "ULRIC HAS SPOKEN!  HEINRICH, SON OF BORIS, IS CHOSEN OF ULRIC AND NOW WIELDS HIS FLAMES!  HAIL!"

The room explodes into cheers as the priests begin to (in many cases literal) howl in religious fervor, while the worshipers who showed up to see WTF is going on are on thier knees with shock and wonder.

Boris is just standing there looking utterly poleaxed.

the Ur-Ulric leans over to him and mutters, "At this point I believe most who would complain about you legitimizing him will probably shut up."

He just grins and laughs at that. "My son, CHOSEN OF ULRIC!"

Then I whisper, "We'll be needing to do some practice AWAY from town.  Fire's the most temperamental of the elements and with your raw power I'd hate to explain to your father why Middenheim is a pile of ash and charcoal yes?"

"That... would probably be for the best."

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Rieverre on Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:19 am

Brian Boru wrote:Actually it went quite well.  You manage to learn how to use it properly by the last day before the Boyar arrived.

... well, given that I consider any training that doesn't result in property damage to be good training, that's awesome. And it gives me something to use as a projectile that isn't dealt with as commonly as lightning in this setting. Well, okay, there's the fact that the things I used lightning against had serious chops, but more options is never a bad thing.

As you will.  Either way your host is out to greet the Boyar.  More than a little nervous...and with him...his heart nearly stops...an Ice Witch...

I'm less than surprised. After all there's this new interesting thing here to look at and poke with a stick. And I've used ice on more than a few obvious occasions.

... but hey, at least it won't be monotonous.
avatar
Rieverre

Posts : 1164
Join date : 2012-12-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Brian Boru on Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:53 pm

Psyckosama wrote:I smile. "Must be relieving."

"In ways you can't imagine."

"It's my pleasure."

Politeness!

"I just killed many beastmen this day and have little sympathy or patience for those who'd prey on others."

There's a feeling of a pleased smile.

This is where I tell her my plan to creature more benders and ask her to help look over the waterbenders and say I intend to ask her husband to do the same with those who use fire.

She seems to contemplate that for a moment, then she nods, though she asks that any who seek her favor hunt the beastmen wherever they maybe.


Avatar Boru

You're not braindead?

...which might be better for me anyway in the long run. Alina's lovely but I just DON'T trust her completely.

And stuff happens

Good.

The room explodes into cheers as the priests begin to (in many cases literal) howl in religious fervor, while the worshipers who showed up to see WTF is going on are on thier knees with shock and wonder.

Dang.

Boris is just standing there looking utterly poleaxed.

Grin.

the Ur-Ulric leans over to him and mutters, "At this point I believe most who would complain about you legitimizing him will probably shut up."

He just grins and laughs at that. "My son, CHOSEN OF ULRIC!"

Once things calm down enough I'll approach the Graf, I'll ask that I borrow the young man for a while. I'll be wandering the Province working on that wall project. It'd allow Heinrich to learn how to use that new power of his WITHOUT torching something important unless you're particularly attached to the howling wilderness that is the Drakwald.

"That... would probably be for the best."

"Excellent, let me speak with your lord father for a moment."

I go over and talk with him, (see above), then I head back and tell him what I offered and what his father's thoughts on it were and what Heinrich thinks on the idea.

Eventually I plan on getting out of the city soon, to build walls, smash anything not human, and to train the first firebender.

Once I DO get a chance to train the guy I'll hammer into his head about the risks of fire and how fire requires passion and drive to use properly. Anger and rage can work but it ain't healthy to use it. You need to find your inner fire to make it work. Also I tell him the importance of the sun to Firebenders....though considering your fire comes from Ulric himself I have my doubts if you'll be susceptible to that particular trait.

Brian Boru carried out 1 launched of one d10 (Image not informed.) :
3



Rieverre wrote:... well, given that I consider any training that doesn't result in property damage to be good training, that's awesome. And it gives me something to use as a projectile that isn't dealt with as commonly as lightning in this setting. Well, okay, there's the fact that the things I used lightning against had serious chops, but more options is never a bad thing.

True, and while a few people come to watch none freak out...thankfully.

I'm less than surprised. After all there's this new interesting thing here to look at and poke with a stick. And I've used ice on more than a few obvious occasions.

... but hey, at least it won't be monotonous.

The Boyar Yugachev seems somewhat stilted as well, obviously nervous about this foreign mage in their midst.

The Ice Witch on the other hand, had a cold sterness about her that is incredible intense. You shiver both from her cold glare and the waves of cold that emanate from her. This is a very powerful Ice Witch here. Either Yugachev called in a big favor, she felt this was important, or she's family.

Both look you over when you show yourself.

But it's the Ice Witch who speaks first. "So." Her voice also cold like ice. "This is the one who used all of the elements to do battle with the forces of Chaos?"

She seems to stare right into your soul for a moment before she pulls back. "I sense no skill with the winds nor that of the Widow. So how is this possible?"

You better answer quick as she doesn't look the patient or forgiving type and boy are those lances sharp looking!
avatar
Brian Boru

Posts : 1163
Join date : 2012-08-04
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Psyckosama on Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:18 pm

Brian Boru wrote:"In ways you can't imagine."

I simply nod.

There's a feeling of a pleased smile.

Good.

She seems to contemplate that for a moment, then she nods, though she asks that any who seek her favor hunt the beastmen wherever they maybe.

"As long as they threaten to the lives of others, I'll agree to this..." I pause for a moment, "Waterbending does have the power to bring balance to the spirits of beings. It might be possible to use Spirtbending to bring ballence to the essence of corrupted creatures and in doing so purify them."

Basically as long as they're sadistic man-eating barbarian things, no problem. But if they decide to forsake chaos and civilize themselves... then we can reevaluate. Even on a individual basis if needed. The Avatar's roll is to help people.

Avatar Boru


...which might be better for me anyway in the long run.  Alina's lovely but I just DON'T trust her completely.

Heh.

Once things calm down enough I'll approach the Graf, I'll ask that I borrow the young man for a while.  I'll be wandering the Province working on that wall project.  It'd allow Heinrich to learn how to use that new power of his WITHOUT torching something important unless you're particularly attached to the howling wilderness that is the Drakwald.

He rolls his eyes. "Just don't burn down the whole wood, boy."

"Excellent, let me speak with your lord father for a moment."

He nods.

I go over and talk with him, (see above), then I head back and tell him what I offered and what his father's thoughts on it were and what Heinrich thinks on the idea.

Eventually I plan on getting out of the city soon, to build walls, smash anything not human, and to train the first firebender.

Once I DO get a chance to train the guy I'll hammer into his head about the risks of fire and how fire requires passion and drive to use properly.  Anger and rage can work but it ain't healthy to use it.  You need to find your inner fire to make it work.  Also I tell him the importance of the sun to Firebenders....though considering your fire comes from Ulric himself I have my doubts if you'll be susceptible to that particular trait.

He takes to it rather well, though he will have to work at building forms that work in his armor.

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Brian Boru on Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:57 pm

Psyckosama wrote:I simply nod.

There's a pleased look on her face.

"As long as they threaten to the lives of others, I'll agree to this..." I pause for a moment, "Waterbending does have the power to bring balance to the spirits of beings. It might be possible to use Spirtbending to bring ballence to the essence of corrupted creatures and in doing so purify them."

She SEVERELY doubts you could do anything to 'balance' out a beastman even if it wanted to.

Basically as long as they're sadistic man-eating barbarian things, no problem. But if they decide to forsake chaos and civilize themselves... then we can reevaluate. Even on a individual basis if needed. The Avatar's roll is to help people.

That's probably such a hilariously tiny part of the beastman population it wouldn't make any difference.

Either way the goddess bids you farewell and heads back up to the moon.

Onwards you go, the last leg of the journey to Karaz-a-Karak ahead of you.

Roll a d100.



Avatar Boru

Heh.

...what do you have up your sleeves?

He rolls his eyes. "Just don't burn down the whole wood, boy."

"I think we can manage that."

He nods.

Good.

He takes to it rather well, though he will have to work at building forms that work in his armor.

I tell him the armor isn't a bad idea as firebending depends on attack and has few defensive techniques so armor is a good idea to cover that base. Some strength building might not hurt either. Not sure how much kicking he'll be able to so some some of the pro-bending techniques might not be bad either.

So ONWARDS ON OUR TREK!

For this first circuit I'll first head south to Sotturm then I'll take a hard right and follow the Drakwald Road until I get to Winsen. Then I'll take a right again to follow the Great North Road. Taking care when I reach that swamp to practice raising causeways for the eventual Marienburg campaign. Then we'll pull back in to Middenheim, I'll assume that at that point some communication will have been made with the Emperor and the Grand Theologinist.

Brian Boru carried out 1 launched of one d100 (Image not informed.) :
70

For the first leg of the journey.
avatar
Brian Boru

Posts : 1163
Join date : 2012-08-04
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Brian Boru on Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:58 pm

A map.

http://windsofchaos.com/wp-content/uploads/maps/fullcol/Middenland-full-chuck.jpg
avatar
Brian Boru

Posts : 1163
Join date : 2012-08-04
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Psyckosama on Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:39 am

Brian Boru wrote:She SEVERELY doubts you could do anything to 'balance' out a beastman even if it wanted to.  

Never know. Which is why I like to disclaim.

That's probably such a hilariously tiny part of the beastman population it wouldn't make any difference.

Still, never know...

Either way the goddess bids you farewell and heads back up to the moon.

Righto.

Onwards you go, the last leg of the journey to Karaz-a-Karak ahead of you.

Roll a d100.

Psyckosama carried out 1 launched of one d100 (Image not informed.) :
7

Avatar Boru

...what do you have up your sleeves?



I tell him the armor isn't a bad idea as firebending depends on attack and has few defensive techniques so armor is a good idea to cover that base.  Some strength building might not hurt either.  Not sure how much kicking he'll be able to so some some of the pro-bending techniques might not be bad either.

He's reasonable flexible in his armor.

So ONWARDS ON OUR TREK!

For this first circuit I'll first head south to Sotturm then I'll take a hard right and follow the Drakwald Road until I get to Winsen.  Then I'll take a right again to follow the Great North Road.  Taking care when I reach that swamp to practice raising causeways for the eventual Marienburg campaign.  Then we'll pull back in to Middenheim, I'll assume that at that point some communication will have been made with the Emperor and the Grand Theologinist.

Psyckosama carried out 1 launched of one d100 (Image not informed.) :
59

For the first leg of the journey.

It's only luck that you see a flash of movement and throw up a defensive earth wall as a dozen arrows slam into where you would have been.

You hear a scream and at least 40 beastmen come screaming from the wood, literally baying for blood.

Seems someone's mad at you...

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Rieverre on Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:55 am

Brian Boru wrote:True, and while a few people come to watch none freak out...thankfully.

People not panicking is always good. I should have one of them write a local version of the Hitchhiker's Guide ... though they probably can't write or read. Awkward.

The Boyar Yugachev seems somewhat stilted as well, obviously nervous about this foreign mage in their midst.  

The Ice Witch on the other hand, had a cold sterness about her that is incredible intense.  You shiver both from her cold glare and the waves of cold that emanate from her.  This is a very powerful Ice Witch here.  Either Yugachev called in a big favor, she felt this was important, or she's family.

Both look you over when you show yourself.

But it's the Ice Witch who speaks first. "So."  Her voice also cold like ice. "This is the one who used all of the elements to do battle with the forces of Chaos?"

She seems to stare right into your soul for a moment before she pulls back. "I sense no skill with the winds nor that of the Widow.  So how is this possible?"

You better answer quick as she doesn't look the patient or forgiving type and boy are those lances sharp looking!

And I'm sure I'd be intimidated If I hadn't had the singular experience to erasing a piece of a Chaos God out of existence in what was my first hours here.

As it is, the most I get is a momentary urge to try and get her to say 'Let it go'. Or possibly sing it.

"Oh, go on, you're making me blush," I deadpan. "It's not as though I haven't already said how. Repeatedly. But if you feel like making me repeat myself again ..."

I go glowy eyed and float myself up to be eye-level with her, on horseback as she is.

"I am the Avatar. The light of a world is with me, and when we move the world moves with us."

Then I settle back down and the glowy eyes and Outside Voice go away.

"So, shall we actually be polite and introduce ourselves now? I'll even go first. Hello, you may call me Blake. Barring some misadventure that was none of their fault your people have been very hospitable."
avatar
Rieverre

Posts : 1164
Join date : 2012-12-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Brian Boru on Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:22 pm

Psyckosama wrote:Never know. Which is why I like to disclaim.

Heh

Still, never know...

OOC: You really think you can find a decent Beastman...sounds like looking for an honest Skaven or a brave Goblin.

7

The last leg of the journey goes quite smoothly. Apparently that beastherd's demise was enough to scare everything in the local area away from the main road. The weather's pleasant and nothing of the gribbly sort seems to be interested in munching on you.

Finally you reach Karaz-a-Karak, the ever peak, the capital of the the Karaz Ankor.

When you arrive you're greeted at the great gates by no less than Thorgrim himself. Apparently word of what you had done had gotten head of you.

He looks you down and you can FEEL the power he wields.

Finally he speaks, "So, this is the Mighty Avatar Sama, who helped crush the might Grimgor Ironhide? And gave a clan of dwarves the power to shift the earth itself?"

"Figured you'd be older."


Avatar Boru


*gleep*

He's reasonable flexible in his armor.

Good then.

It's only luck that you see a flash of movement and throw up a defensive earth wall as a dozen arrows slam into where you would have been.

You hear a scream and at least 40 beastmen come screaming from the wood, literally baying for blood.

Seems someone's mad at you...

I glance at Heinrich. "You want this or should I?"

I kinda want to see what HOLY FIRE bending can do.


Rieverre wrote:People not panicking is always good. I should have one of them write a local version of the Hitchhiker's Guide ... though they probably can't write or read. Awkward.

....

And I'm sure I'd be intimidated If I hadn't had the singular experience to erasing a piece of a Chaos God out of existence in what was my first hours here.

As it is, the most I get is a momentary urge to try and get her to say 'Let it go'. Or possibly sing it.

wat

"Oh, go on, you're making me blush," I deadpan. "It's not as though I haven't already said how. Repeatedly. But if you feel like making me repeat myself again ..."

I go glowy eyed and float myself up to be eye-level with her, on horseback as she is.

"I am the Avatar. The light of a world is with me, and when we move the world moves with us."

Then I settle back down and the glowy eyes and Outside Voice go away.

"So, shall we actually be polite and introduce ourselves now? I'll even go first. Hello, you may call me Blake. Barring some misadventure that was none of their fault your people have been very hospitable."

Well half of the Boyar's men just barely keep themselves from fleeing while the other half draw their arms and surround the Boyar to protect him. The Witch on the other hand raises her arms and a cold wind seems to rise up.

When you calm down the party slowly calm down as well. The Ice Witch slowly approaches you on her horse again. Try as she might she can't claim that you were a threat....for now....but you're to be watched...closely...and with that the woman rides off leaving Yugachev alone...with the super mage....

He turns back to you with a nervous look on his face.
avatar
Brian Boru

Posts : 1163
Join date : 2012-08-04
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Rieverre on Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:04 pm

Brian Boru wrote:wat

Frozen joke?

Well half of the Boyar's men just barely keep themselves from fleeing while the other half draw their arms and surround the Boyar to protect him.  The Witch on the other hand raises her arms and a cold wind seems to rise up.

When you calm down the party slowly calm down as well.  The Ice Witch slowly approaches you on her horse again.  Try as she might she can't claim that you were a threat....for now....but you're to be watched...closely...and with that the woman rides off leaving Yugachev alone...with the super mage....

He turns back to you with a nervous look on his face.

"... aaaaaand with that I believe the entertainment portion of the evening is out of the way," I say as an aside, more amused than anything else. For a few moments I wonder if all the Ice Witches are that humorless, or if it's just this one.

Then I turn to the Boyar and ... well, there's a few ways we could do this, but given where we are and what just happened, there's only one way of handing it correctly.

"So, now that we're reasonably certain we won't be killing each other anytime in the coming hours and that I'm not going to go around preaching for the Ruinous Powers or being otherwise annoying," I start nonchalantly, "drinks?"
avatar
Rieverre

Posts : 1164
Join date : 2012-12-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Psyckosama on Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:26 pm

Brian Boru wrote:OOC: You really think you can find a decent Beastman...sounds like looking for an honest Skaven or a brave Goblin.

Technically they're human mutants. All too often they're actually born to otherwise normal parents and left in the woods to die (and then are collected by other Beastmen).

Basically I'm just saying... give them a CHANCE to be good.

I'm actually wondering if I can heal chaos mutations...

The last leg of the journey goes quite smoothly.  Apparently that beastherd's demise was enough to scare everything in the local area away from the main road.  The weather's pleasant and nothing of the gribbly sort seems to be interested in munching on you.

Yeah. They like breating.

Finally you reach Karaz-a-Karak, the ever peak, the capital of the the Karaz Ankor.

When you arrive you're greeted at the great gates by no less than Thorgrim himself.  Apparently word of what you had done had gotten head of you.  

He looks you down and you can FEEL the power he wields.

I bow with respect to a king.

Finally he speaks, "So, this is the Mighty Avatar Sama, who helped crush the might Grimgor Ironhide?  And gave a clan of dwarves the power to shift the earth itself?"

"Figured you'd be older."

I grin. "I know... but if it helps, I'm the latest Avatar in a cycle of reincarnation going back over 10,000 years, and in times of need can draw on the combined power and wisdom of my predecessors..."

Avatar Boru

*gleep*



[quote]Good then.

I glance at Heinrich.  "You want this or should I?"

I kinda want to see what HOLY FIRE bending can do.

He gives you the "Are you fucking kidding me" look and simply punches out as best he can... there's a scream from the group he hit and they're all but reduced to ash.

Seems Holy Fire + Chaos = Happy Fun Time. If by happy fun you mean divine immolation.

"Just KILL THEM!"

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Brian Boru on Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:52 am

Rieverre wrote:Frozen joke?

No I got it but is now really the time?

"... aaaaaand with that I believe the entertainment portion of the evening is out of the way," I say as an aside, more amused than anything else. For a few moments I wonder if all the Ice Witches are that humorless, or if it's just this one.

Then I turn to the Boyar and ... well, there's a few ways we could do this, but given where we are and what just happened, there's only one way of handing it correctly.

"So, now that we're reasonably certain we won't be killing each other anytime in the coming hours and that I'm not going to go around preaching for the Ruinous Powers or being otherwise annoying," I start nonchalantly, "drinks?"

Hearing the offer of booze the man latched HARD on that offer and with that he and a few of his followers follow into the settlement.  The rest set up camp.

After what feels like several gallons of booze later Yugachev seems to have calmed down and opened up to you.  Once he's heard from your mouth all you've accomplished so far he's VERY impressed.  He makes a not so subtle hint that a man like yourself would be very valuable here in Troll country.


Psyckosama wrote:Technically they're human mutants. All too often they're actually born to otherwise normal parents and left in the woods to die (and then are collected by other Beastmen).

Basically I'm just saying... give them a CHANCE to be good.

I'm actually wondering if I can heal chaos mutations...

Oh mutants...I thought you meant true-born beastmen....nevermind.

Yeah. They like breating.

HAH

I bow with respect to a king.

Smart move.

I grin. "I know... but if it helps, I'm the latest Avatar in a cycle of reincarnation going back over 10,000 years, and in times of need can draw on the combined power and wisdom of my predecessors..."

He raises an eyebrow at that.  "Interesting."

He then notices Ungrim.  He greets the Slayer King respectfully.  The other does so in return.  Then he notes the other two individuals with you.  "And they are?"


Avatar Boru



Good then.

...are you implying that I'm gonna be chased by packs of Priests of Sigmar who have preferences that would attract a witch hunter's attention?

He gives you the "Are you fucking kidding me" look and simply punches out as best he can... there's a scream from the group he hit and they're all but reduced to ash.

Seems Holy Fire + Chaos = Happy Fun Time. If by happy fun you mean divine immolation.

"Just KILL THEM!"

"Right then.  I'll set them up and you blast them!"  I throw myself into the fray as well, focusing on earth techniques to trap, corral, or divide the beastmen as needed while crushing them or setting them up for Heinrich to blast them.

Once we've killed the bastards I turn to Heinrich.  "So, liking the fire-power then eh?"

Whatever his answer we move on.  Raising a barricade for every unprotected or poorly protected settlement we come across all while telling the locals the Graf gave us permission to do this.  I make sure to talk with each settlement about how the wall should be set up for maximum protection and convenience for the people.

Brian Boru carried out 1 launched of one d100 (Image not informed.) :
18
avatar
Brian Boru

Posts : 1163
Join date : 2012-08-04
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Rieverre on Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:31 am

Brian Boru wrote:No I got it but is now really the time?

When is it ever _not_? Granted, the number of high level encounters I've had in a relatively short amount of time is likely what's coloring my perception and making me more cavalier than I usually would be.

Hearing the offer of booze the man latched HARD on that offer and with that he and a few of his followers follow into the settlement.  The rest set up camp.

Now that's proper men Kislev for you.

After what feels like several gallons of booze later Yugachev seems to have calmed down and opened up to you.  Once he's heard from your mouth all you've accomplished so far he's VERY impressed.  He makes a not so subtle hint that a man like yourself would be very valuable here in Troll country.

I cheat with some internal waterbending to keep myself just on this side of being buzzed, and anyway there's likely food involved so I can handle a bottle or two ... or three ... or ... well, you get the idea. Maybe not every day, but really, it's substantially less of a bother when shared between several people. Even just two.

I tell him he wouldn't exactly need to bribe me very much at all as I haven't made very many plans. The land may be harsh but the people I've run into who _haven't_ tried to ride me down with a band of slavering marauders or call a daemon on me have been fair enough as well as reasonably easy to get along with.

Actually, I've an idea if he doesn't mind taking the bottle along for a few minutes so we can go outside the walls for a moment. I pick a good spot with stable, solid bedrock.

"I understand your people prefer mobility, but there's something to be said for having the option of falling back behind solid stone," and I start compacting stone and dirt and ice into a berm first, with a pit of a meter or two in depth along the outer surface. Then I bring up actual masses of stone to make walls. Basically, I improvise the kind of walls you'd occasionally see surrounding an outpost, holdfast or inn, but stone rather than wood, and with a dry moat along the outside. "Granted, you'd still need to make a door, but I believe you can see the potential?"
avatar
Rieverre

Posts : 1164
Join date : 2012-12-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Psyckosama on Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:38 pm

Brian Boru wrote:Oh mutants...I thought you meant true-born beastmen....nevermind.

Most of them are a lost cause... but it's basically The Orc Baby Dilemma...

He raises an eyebrow at that.  "Interesting."

He then notices Ungrim.  He greets the Slayer King respectfully.  The other does so in return.  Then he notes the other two individuals with you.  "And they are?"

I introduce them... :p

And yes, I'm honest... I turned a vampire back into a living human.


Avatar Boru

...are you implying that I'm gonna be chased by packs of Priests of Sigmar who have preferences that would attract a witch hunter's attention?

No, just there's a sandpaper dildo hiding in the wings, waiting for your rectum if you screw up.

"Right then.  I'll set them up and you blast them!"  I throw myself into the fray as well, focusing on earth techniques to trap, corral, or divide the beastmen as needed while crushing them or setting them up for Heinrich to blast them.

Once we've killed the bastards I turn to Heinrich.  "So, liking the fire-power then eh?"

It's pretty much a slaughter. They were depending on killing you fast and getting in close. The fact that you're with THE HOLY FIREBALL here, well, their plan wasn't too good to begin with... now its just shite.

Whatever his answer we move on.  Raising a barricade for every unprotected or poorly protected settlement we come across all while telling the locals the Graf gave us permission to do this.  I make sure to talk with each settlement about how the wall should be set up for maximum protection and convenience for the people.

Some are suspicious, but considering you're with Baron Henrich Toddbringer, they kinda listen...

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Brian Boru on Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:10 am

Rieverre wrote:When is it ever _not_? Granted, the number of high level encounters I've had in a relatively short amount of time is likely what's coloring my perception and making me more cavalier than I usually would be.

Heh.

Now that's proper men Kislev for you.

Heh

I cheat with some internal waterbending to keep myself just on this side of being buzzed, and anyway there's likely food involved so I can handle a bottle or two ... or three ... or ... well, you get the idea. Maybe not every day, but really, it's substantially less of a bother when shared between several people. Even just two.

Snerk.

I tell him he wouldn't exactly need to bribe me very much at all as I haven't made very many plans. The land may be harsh but the people I've run into who _haven't_ tried to ride me down with a band of slavering marauders or call a daemon on me have been fair enough as well as reasonably easy to get along with.

He's pleased to hear that.

Actually, I've an idea if he doesn't mind taking the bottle along for a few minutes so we can go outside the walls for a moment. I pick a good spot with stable, solid bedrock.

Both the Boyar and the Ataman are curious about this.

"I understand your people prefer mobility, but there's something to be said for having the option of falling back behind solid stone," and I start compacting stone and dirt and ice into a berm first, with a pit of a meter or two in depth along the outer surface. Then I bring up actual masses of stone to make walls. Basically, I improvise the kind of walls you'd occasionally see surrounding an outpost, holdfast or inn, but stone rather than wood, and with a dry moat along the outside. "Granted, you'd still need to make a door, but I believe you can see the potential?"

You pretty much have everyone coming out to see this madness. And they're all quite impressed. While a few are a bit concerned about the magic issues, the fact a damn Ice witch called you safe, even if for the moment, seems to finally assuage most of their concerns.

When you finish they're more than a little floored.

Yugachev mutters that he'd give you his daughter if you could do something like that for his home and that quick. That MIGHT be the booze and shock talking.


Psyckosama wrote:Most of them are a lost cause... but it's basically The Orc Baby Dilemma...

We'll see.

I introduce them... :p

And yes, I'm honest... I turned a vampire back into a living human.

THAT gets his attention hardcore like. He nearly shakes you asking how the hell you did that.

Once he calms down he immediately invites all of you in as his personal guests and able to use the special guest quarters. He's going to want to talk to you personally and grill you about all you done and can do.


Avatar Boru

No, just there's a sandpaper dildo hiding in the wings, waiting for your rectum if you screw up.

Lovely.

It's pretty much a slaughter. They were depending on killing you fast and getting in close. The fact that you're with THE HOLY FIREBALL here, well, their plan wasn't too good to begin with... now its just shite.

"I guess me killing Kazrak and his followers spread through the forests then..." I then turn to him and clap him on the shoulder, "And it seems your bending skills are coming along splendidly that was some exceptional fire-power out there. Still need some work on your form there."

Some are suspicious, but considering you're with Baron Henrich Toddbringer, they kinda listen...

Well that's a relief, and while we travel I talk with Heinrich, I try and get a measure on the man that I've taken on as a student, likes, dislikes and so on and so forth.

for the next leg of the trek.

Brian Boru carried out 1 launched of one d100 (Image not informed.) :
99
avatar
Brian Boru

Posts : 1163
Join date : 2012-08-04
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Rieverre on Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:07 am

Brian Boru wrote:You pretty much have everyone coming out to see this madness.  And they're all quite impressed.  While a few are a bit concerned about the magic issues, the fact a damn Ice witch called you safe, even if for the moment, seems to finally assuage most of their concerns.  

When you finish they're more than a little floored.

Yugachev mutters that he'd give you his daughter if you could do something like that for his home and that quick.  That MIGHT be the booze and shock talking

And here I'm regretting I didn't take Casimir as a moniker. It looks like I'm about to leave a Kislev made of stone as my legacy.

"I can literally put one of these up every day. Or reinforce your walls. Earthworks? Yes. Finding an underground spring to feed into it? Doable if there's one around," I shrug. "Especially as I don't particularly like the Ruinous Powers myself and the feeling is apparently mutual. So helping you out in this way would be as if I were helping myself, really."

Then I ask the Ataman if now he'd be comfortable with me doing some work on the local walls. If he replies in the affirmative, I'll go ahead and do that. Strengthen what's already there, maybe add an outer layer. encourage the individual stones to stick together better, reinforce the bedrock, put a moat in ... you know, the usual.

"And we can talk about daughters and whatnot when you're sober," I add, half-serious.
avatar
Rieverre

Posts : 1164
Join date : 2012-12-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Psyckosama on Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:25 am

Brian Boru wrote:
THAT gets his attention hardcore like.  He nearly shakes you asking how the hell you did that.

"Same way I granted Garagrim and the Ironhunters Earthbending... Spiritbending. Its something only the Avatar has the power and ability to do, and only in the Avatar state. Basically I reach into your soul and... change it. With your people I made sure I had the permission of the Ancestor Gods. To put it in wholly Dwarf terms, I etched the Rune of Earthbending upon their souls."

Basically, I didn't change who they are. I just granted them a gift.

"In her case it was more complicated. Her body was dead, kept preserved by dark magic, and her soul bound to it via what I could only describe as a spike of power. Because of the state of perfect preservation. I was able to in essence take take the spike of magical energy and filter and purify it, using it as a fire to reforge the link between her body and soul. I'll admit, it was not easy... and there was a great deal of power left over which bonded to her, granting her a rather fearsome degree of Airbending ability."

Once he calms down he immediately invites all of you in as his personal guests and able to use the special guest quarters.  He's going to want to talk to you personally and grill you about all you done and can do.

I thank him for his hospitality and as long as I am his guest, my power is at his disposal... as long as the request is reasonable.

But before the Q&A... there's a solemn task that must be undertaken.

I'll let Urgrim explain it as he's a dwarf and it is not my place to interupt some a eventuality. But we have her name, her age, and she's been avenged at least to a degree...

The hope is that we can find some of her kin, no matter how distant, and lay what little remains of her to rest among the bones of her kinfold.

Later on, I'll answer any reasonable question.

Avatar Boru

Lovely.

In fact, looking at that last roll...



"I guess me killing Kazrak and his followers spread through the forests then..." I then turn to him and clap him on the shoulder, "And it seems your bending skills are coming along splendidly that was some exceptional fire-power out there.  Still need some work on your form there."

"Thank you. Looking forward to learning... to think I've been gifted by both your god and Ulric himself. I don't know what to think."

Well that's a relief, and while we travel I talk with Heinrich, I try and get a measure on the man that I've taken on as a student, likes, dislikes and so on and so forth.

He's a very generous and honorable young man. Stalwart and true.

99


A couple nights into your trip, you're in an inn in one of the more prosperous villages (big enough to have an Inn).

You're woken up by the smell of smoke and the sound of screams. There's an oppressive feeling in the air that's like bricks on your shoulders. It fills the air with the need to run, to hide, to scream in terror to the point that it could tear at a man's sanity.

When you rush outside to see what is happening, you find the town is on fire, and find yourself looking up at this...



Last edited by Psyckosama on Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Brian Boru on Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:57 am

Brian Boru carried out 1 launched of one d4 (Image not informed.) :
1
avatar
Brian Boru

Posts : 1163
Join date : 2012-08-04
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Brian Boru on Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:02 pm

Rieverre wrote:

And here I'm regretting I didn't take Casimir as a moniker. It looks like I'm about to leave a Kislev made of stone as my legacy.

(Insert name) the Builder eh?  (Yes I've heard about the Polish naming convention with their leaders)

"I can literally put one of these up every day. Or reinforce your walls. Earthworks? Yes. Finding an underground spring to feed into it? Doable if there's one around," I shrug. "Especially as I don't particularly like the Ruinous Powers myself and the feeling is apparently mutual. So helping you out in this way would be as if I were helping myself, really."

They boggle at that...then a big smile spreads across both men's faces.

Then I ask the Ataman if now he'd be comfortable with me doing some work on the local walls. If he replies in the affirmative, I'll go ahead and do that. Strengthen what's already there, maybe add an outer layer. encourage the individual stones to stick together better, reinforce the bedrock, put a moat in ... you know, the usual.

The Ataman agrees immediately.

"And we can talk about daughters and whatnot when you're sober," I add, half-serious.

Yugachev the boyar guffaws at that...he's not entirely there.  Booze and images of roasting, crushed, frozen, and blown away enemies are dancing in his head.


Psyckosama wrote:"Same way I granted Garagrim and the Ironhunters Earthbending... Spiritbending. Its something only the Avatar has the power and ability to do, and only in the Avatar state. Basically I reach into your soul and... change it. With your people I made sure I had the permission of the Ancestor Gods. To put it in wholly Dwarf terms, I etched the Rune of Earthbending upon their souls."

The king and those nearby seem to be able to understand this well enough.  Though they'll want to see this for themselves....you might need to make at least one other bender.

Basically, I didn't change who they are. I just granted them a gift.

Gotcha.

"In her case it was more complicated. Her body was dead, kept preserved by dark magic, and her soul bound to it via what I could only describe as a spike of power. Because of the state of perfect preservation. I was able to in essence take take the spike of magical energy and filter and purify it, using it as a fire to reforge the link between her body and soul. I'll admit, it was not easy... and there was a great deal of power left over which bonded to her, granting her a rather fearsome degree of Airbending ability."

He raises an eyebrow and looks the woman over for a long while.  Then he turns to you again...  "If I didn't see that for myself I wouldn't believe you...but..."

I thank him for his hospitality and as long as I am his guest, my power is at his disposal... as long as the request is reasonable.

Good.

But before the Q&A... there's a solemn task that must be undertaken.

I'll let Urgrim explain it as he's a dwarf and it is not my place to interupt some a eventuality. But we have her name, her age, and she's been avenged at least to a degree...

The hope is that we can find some of her kin, no matter how distant, and lay what little remains of her to rest among the bones of her kinfold.

Later on, I'll answer any reasonable question.

A pained look is spread across his face.  A dead girl child is a tragedy amount the dwarves.  He promises to have her kinsfolk, (if any are left).  The finger bone is given to the proper individuals.  When they learn from what clan she hailed from they'll inform you.

After that he goes through the regular questions, then he asks about this...removal of the Vampire curse....  Could you do so WITHOUT granting them bending?  Merely yank the spike out?

Thinking about it just ripping the spike out and allowing the soul and corpse to fly apart would be much easier....it'd be brutal though...


Avatar Boru

In fact, looking at that last roll...


Eeargh...

"Thank you. Looking forward to learning... to think I've been gifted by both your god and Ulric himself. I don't know what to think."

"Let's make sure you don't burn down everything around you first...though I wonder if Ulric's fire could cleanse the Drakwald's corrupted soil...that's a big reason why Beastmen swarm the place no?"

He's a very generous and honorable young man. Stalwart and true.

And yet the drooling idiot was going to inherit it...eargh...well I'd like to see anyone claim he can't now!

"So is there anyone waiting back at home for ya?"  Nudge, nudge, wink, wink...

A couple nights into your trip, you're in an inn in one of the more prosperous villages (big enough to have an Inn).

You're woken up by the smell of smoke and the sound of screams. There's an oppressive feeling in the air that's like bricks on your shoulders. It fills the air with the need to run, to hide, to scream in terror to the point that it could tear at a man's sanity.

When you rush outside to see what is happening, you find the town is on fire, and find yourself looking up at this...


"....fuck...."

I turn to Heinrich and kick him awake if he isn't... "HEINRICH! WE GOTTA MOVE NOW!"

"Get some distance from the bastard and start hitting him as hard as you can but make sure to move after a couple of blasts DON'T STOP!"

To Raava and the past lives Time to pull out the big guns!



Once in the Avatar state I begin blasting the bastard with fire of my own. If there's water I try to ensnare it's feet, while also trying to knock it over with hurricane blasts of air. If I can get it down I then bend small hills of stone to crush the fucker all the while interspersing MORE FIRE blasts.

If I can incapacitate it and it's still alive then I'll encase the bastard in a stone casing like I did with Kazrak and try to melt him by turning the inside of his coffin to lava while superheating the outer shell of it.
avatar
Brian Boru

Posts : 1163
Join date : 2012-08-04
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Psyckosama on Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:01 pm

Brian Boru wrote:
The king and those nearby seem to be able to understand this well enough.  Though they'll want to see this for themselves....you might need to make at least one other bender.

If I do I'll need to know the person's character first. He have any suggestions?

He raises an eyebrow and looks the woman over for a long while.  Then he turns to you again...  "If I didn't see that for myself I wouldn't believe you...but..."

"Spirit Bending is an art that even the Avatar can have difficulty understanding..."

A pained look is spread across his face.  A dead girl child is a tragedy amount the dwarves.  He promises to have her kinsfolk, (if any are left).  The finger bone is given to the proper individuals.  When they learn from what clan she hailed from they'll inform you.

Even distant kin is better than nothing.

After that he goes through the regular questions, then he asks about this...removal of the Vampire curse....  Could you do so WITHOUT granting them bending?  Merely yank the spike out?

Thinking about it just ripping the spike out and allowing the soul and corpse to fly apart would be much easier....it'd be brutal though...

Yes, but simply pulling the spike would destroy them. energyBending is a dangerous art... and if used against someone who is unwilling can be dangerous to the user as well.

Avatar Boru

Eeargh...



"Let's make sure you don't burn down everything around you first...though I wonder if Ulric's fire could cleanse the Drakwald's corrupted soil...that's a big reason why Beastmen swarm the place no?"

"Actually its because its so large, and there are so many, that it's almost impossible to settle..."

And yet the drooling idiot was going to inherit it...eargh...well I'd like to see anyone claim he can't now!

Still politics involved

"So is there anyone waiting back at home for ya?"  Nudge, nudge, wink, wink...

"No, not really."

"....fuck...."

I turn to Heinrich and kick him awake if he isn't... "HEINRICH! WE GOTTA MOVE NOW!"

"Get some distance from the bastard and start hitting him as hard as you can but make sure to move after a couple of blasts  DON'T STOP!"

That shocks him out of it and he fires a massive fireblast at the thing. It hurts it a bit, pisses if off a lot.

To Raava and the past lives Time to pull out the big guns!



Once in the Avatar state I begin blasting the bastard with fire of my own.  If there's water I try to ensnare it's feet, while also trying to knock it over with hurricane blasts of air.  If I can get it down I then bend small hills of stone to crush the fucker all the while interspersing MORE FIRE blasts.

If I can incapacitate it and it's still alive then I'll encase the bastard in a stone casing like I did with Kazrak and try to melt him by turning the inside of his coffin to lava while superheating the outer shell of it.

It's now stuck in a bubbling cauldron of lava and... the coffin explodes out as it rips free. It seems to be immune to fire...

And it takes a blast to the face from Heinrich which burns.

Okay, immune to non-sacred fire.

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Brian Boru on Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:42 pm

Psyckosama wrote:If I do I'll need to know the person's character first. He have any suggestions?

Before he can speak, all four of his Throne-bearers immediately volunteer. If you try to change their minds they all four immediately plant their feet and hold their ground.

"Spirit Bending is an art that even the Avatar can have difficulty understanding..."

You're breaking magic that was based on Nagash's work....

Even distant kin is better than nothing.

They'll find them.

Yes, but simply pulling the spike would destroy them. energyBending is a dangerous art... and if used against someone who is unwilling can be dangerous to the user as well.

"That was the hoped for goal...vampires have an unpleasant habit of coming back under the STRANGEST circumstances....a habit I would like for them to stop doing."

Though he acknowledges your concerns he's no wizard but any magic other than rune crafting is DANGEROUS!



Avatar Boru


You know the way you're building this up.... I'm now kinda curious what the Sigmarites are going to try and throw at me....

"Actually its because its so large, and there are so many, that it's almost impossible to settle..."

"That as well but instant stone fortifications should help somewhat no?"

Still politics involved

I'll back him to the hilt...for whatever it's worth.

"No, not really."

I blink a bit, "Huh, handsome devil like yourself...figured you'd be beating the ladies off with a stick..."

That shocks him out of it and he fires a massive fireblast at the thing. It hurts it a bit, pisses if off a lot.

If It can keep him off balance then fine by me.

It's now stuck in a bubbling cauldron of lava and... the coffin explodes out as it rips free. It seems to be immune to fire...

And it takes a blast to the face from Heinrich which burns.

"FUCK!"

Okay, immune to non-sacred fire.

hmmm....

I dash over to Heinrich and tell him as quickly as I can. "Heinrich, new plan. You're fire seems to hurt him more so I'm gonna find a way to pin him down and once he's secure hit with everything you got!"

Once he has the message I throw myself back into the fray. The big bastard's likely blinded by that last blast so I'm gonna knock him down again THEN I'll run spikes through his wrists and legs then make a cap over them that's wider than the part through it's arms heck I'll add hooks as well, the idea being he'll have to destroy his arms in order to free them.

Then I'll actively reharden, add more stone, and pull the bastard down for as long as I can.

Then I bellow to Heinrich "NOW HEINRICH! NOW! HIT IN THE HEAD WITH EVERYTHING YOU GOT! DON'T LET UP UNTIL THERE'S NOTHING LEFT!"
avatar
Brian Boru

Posts : 1163
Join date : 2012-08-04
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Psyckosama on Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:04 pm

Brian Boru wrote:Before he can speak, all four of his Throne-bearers immediately volunteer.  If you try to change their minds they all four immediately plant their feet and hold their ground.

"They have the stubbornness for it, but I need to know who they are as people first... and there are oaths that must be given... mostly in the proper use of the power and to do with the nature and support of the Avatar."

If ask I explain what I'm talking about and point out Urgrim and the Ironhunters took the same oaths. Basically it has everything to do with aiding in the Avatar's mission and reincarnation cycle along with 'don't be a douche with your powers'. :p

You're breaking magic that was based on Nagash's work....

"Now there's someone I need to figure out a way to destroy..."

They'll find them.

I simply nod.

"That was the hoped for goal...vampires have an unpleasant habit of coming back under the STRANGEST circumstances....a habit I would like for them to stop doing."

"I understand, and in the case of a 'dead' vampire its probably much easier."

Though he acknowledges your concerns he's no wizard but any magic other than rune crafting is DANGEROUS!

"I'm sure that even Runecrafting has its dangers, just they are dangers faced in the crafting, dangers rendered moot by your peoples desire for perfection in your craft. A flaws rune would probably explode violently, but no rune that was less than absolutely flawless would never even be looked at twice..."

"That said, bending is not magic as you know it and normally it is not dangerous. Energybending is an exception. To Energybend you must connect your spirit to the spirit that is being bent. And in the case of someone who is hostile, it means that they can fight back on a spiritual level."

Avatar Boru

You know the way you're building this up.... I'm now kinda curious what the Sigmarites are going to try and throw at me....

Who said its them?

"That as well but instant stone fortifications should help somewhat no?"

He chuckles. "True."

I'll back him to the hilt...for whatever it's worth.

Considering you're walking about the countryside shitting out fortresses like they're going out of style... probably something at least.

I blink a bit, "Huh, handsome devil like yourself...figured you'd be beating the ladies off with a stick..."

He shrugs. "Unlike some of my peers I believe there is more to life than drinking and whores."

If It can keep him off balance then fine by me.

More it's infuriating and distracting.

I dash over to Heinrich and tell him as quickly as I can.  "Heinrich, new plan.  You're fire seems to hurt him more so I'm gonna find a way to pin him down and once he's secure hit with everything you got!"

Once he has the message I throw myself back into the fray.  The big bastard's likely blinded by that last blast so I'm gonna knock him down again THEN I'll run spikes through his wrists and legs then make a cap over them that's wider than the part through it's arms heck I'll add hooks as well, the idea being he'll have to destroy his arms in order to free them.  

Then I'll actively reharden, add more stone, and pull the bastard down for as long as I can.  

Then I bellow to Heinrich "NOW HEINRICH!  NOW!  HIT IN THE HEAD WITH EVERYTHING YOU GOT!  DON'T LET UP UNTIL THERE'S NOTHING LEFT!"

He does so and fires EVERYTHING HE HAS AT IT.

It roars in pain and rage and actually RIPS ITSELF FREE... It's injured but good god, it's pretty much immune to pain... it's arms are a mess, but its still holding its weapons, its flesh looks like its been burned down to the bone in places and.. IT IS STILL COMING!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Rieverre on Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:26 pm

Brian Boru wrote:(Insert name) the Builder eh?  (Yes I've heard about the Polish naming convention with their leaders)

It's really no different than any other country's monarchs. (Name) the (Adjective) or (Noun). Casimir in particular was mostly just known as 'the Great' tho. The 'builder' wasn't tacked on as often, that I've heard of. But yeah, he was mostly famous for getting new stuff built, a lot of it stone rather than wood, due to a marked increase in trade and such.

They boggle at that...then a big smile spreads across both men's faces.

It's nice to be appreciated, and it's a good way of building support for myself. Chances are I'll have to make use of it before too long.

The Ataman agrees immediately.

I go to it then. By now I've had more than enough time to survey the place properly, after all.

Yugachev the boyar guffaws at that...he's not entirely there.  Booze and images of roasting, crushed, frozen, and blown away enemies are dancing in his head.

Ha! Well, we'll see what he has to say once he's sober. And possibly waterbent out of a hangover. For one thing, I know that if I start doing this I'm going to want to have a bodyguard around. Possibly a few dozen or so. I might be the Avatar, but that still doesn't mean much if someone (or something) gets lucky.
avatar
Rieverre

Posts : 1164
Join date : 2012-12-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Brian Boru on Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:39 am

Psyckosama wrote:"They have the stubbornness for it, but I need to know who they are as people first... and there are oaths that must be given... mostly in the proper use of the power and to do with the nature and support of the Avatar."

When they hear the oaths...they're alright with them, they'd be doing it anyway for the most part.  And the king isn't going to make them do anything petty.  As for them personally, they're dwarves' dwarves and are loyal to Thorgrim to the core.

If ask I explain what I'm talking about and point out Urgrim and the Ironhunters took the same oaths. Basically it has everything to do with aiding in the Avatar's mission and reincarnation cycle along with 'don't be a douche with your powers'. :p

See above.

"Now there's someone I need to figure out a way to destroy..."

If you can...

I simply nod.

Good.

"I understand, and in the case of a 'dead' vampire its probably much easier."

"Would your power work on ash?"

"I'm sure that even Runecrafting has its dangers, just they are dangers faced in the crafting, dangers rendered moot by your peoples desire for perfection in your craft. A flaws rune would probably explode violently, but no rune that was less than absolutely flawless would never even be looked at twice..."

"That said, bending is not magic as you know it and normally it is not dangerous. Energybending is an exception. To Energybend you must connect your spirit to the spirit that is being bent. And in the case of someone who is hostile, it means that they can fight back on a spiritual level."

He understands it.  So are you going to energy bend the four or do you need more info?



Avatar Boru

Who said its them?

….OH GOD NOT THE CAKE THIEF!!!

He chuckles. "True."

I chuckle with him.

Considering you're walking about the countryside shitting out fortresses like they're going out of style... probably something at least.

...good point….

He shrugs. "Unlike some of my peers I believe there is more to life than drinking and whores."

“No I didn’t mean like that.  So really, no sweetheart or the like?  Huh.”

I let it go after that.

More it's infuriating and distracting.

Whatever.

He does so and fires EVERYTHING HE HAS AT IT.

“BURN YOU FUCKING SON OF A BITCH!”

It roars in pain and rage and actually RIPS ITSELF FREE... It's injured but good god, it's pretty much immune to pain... it's arms are a mess, but its still holding its weapons, its flesh looks like its been burned down to the bone in places and.. IT IS STILL COMING!

“SHIT!”

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

Right those arms can’t possibly be holding up much longer. After checking on Heinrich and making sure he’s able to fight or at least safe, I begin hurling boulders, ice spikes and windblades towards the most damaged parts of the fucker’s arms.   The hope being he’ll lose the ability to hold his weapons because I broke his hands clean off, while not rendering him harmless it’d keep that damn axe and whip from being put to use.

I keep pummeling the bastard all the while I’m going in the back of mind. ANY IDEAS ANYONE!

While at the same asking the gods, If there’s anyone listen….HELP!


Rieverre wrote:It's really no different than any other country's monarchs. (Name) the (Adjective) or (Noun). Casimir in particular was mostly just known as 'the Great' tho. The 'builder' wasn't tacked on as often, that I've heard of. But yeah, he was mostly famous for getting new stuff built, a lot of it stone rather than wood, due to a marked increase in trade and such.

Kool

It's nice to be appreciated, and it's a good way of building support for myself. Chances are I'll have to make use of it before too long.

True.

I go to it then. By now I've had more than enough time to survey the place properly, after all.

Quite impressive for a settlement that’s on the ass-end of nowhere.

Ha! Well, we'll see what he has to say once he's sober. And possibly waterbent out of a hangover. For one thing, I know that if I start doing this I'm going to want to have a bodyguard around. Possibly a few dozen or so. I might be the Avatar, but that still doesn't mean much if someone (or something) gets lucky.

The next morning Yugachev’s sobered up, and while he’s called back on that offering his daughter’s hand….he’s still willing to make you an offer to work for him.
avatar
Brian Boru

Posts : 1163
Join date : 2012-08-04
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Psyckosama on Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:53 am

Brian Boru wrote:When they hear the oaths...they're alright with them, they'd be doing it anyway for the most part.  And the king isn't going to make them do anything petty.  As for them personally, they're dwarves' dwarves and are loyal to Thorgrim to the core.

It's more I want to know them as people... I'm a bit uncomfortable simply making benders on command. That's all.

If you can...

I'm the Avatar. It's people like that I exist to stop.

"Would your power work on ash?"

"Does it have a spirit? If so, yes."

He understands it.  So are you going to energy bend the four or do you need more info?

More time. Like I said, on command is uncomfortable...

I want to spend some time looking for myself.

Otherwise, we socialize a bit. Maybe I tell some stories.

I wonder how they'd take to tales involving Dwarfs... from ANOTHER WORLD...

AKA: The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings.

Avatar Boru

….OH GOD NOT THE CAKE THIEF!!!

The cake is a lie.

“No I didn’t mean like that.  So really, no sweetheart or the like?  Huh.”

"Not really."


“BURN YOU FUCKING SON OF A BITCH!”

"I WILL DRINK FROM YOUR SKULL!"

Right those arms can’t possibly be holding up much longer. After checking on Heinrich and making sure he’s able to fight or at least safe, I begin hurling boulders, ice spikes and windblades towards the most damaged parts of the fucker’s arms.   The hope being he’ll lose the ability to hold his weapons because I broke his hands clean off, while not rendering him harmless it’d keep that damn axe and whip from being put to use.

He stumbles but he keeps coming."

I keep pummeling the bastard all the while I’m going in the back of mind. ANY IDEAS ANYONE!

While at the same asking the gods, If there’s anyone listen….HELP!

Your eyes glow as you feel your body start to move on its own. You basically just entered the Avatar State as a defensive measure, handing over control to your previous lives.

You pull back your arms and hit him with a blast of wind so hard it goes flying through the walls you just put up to protect this town. CLEAR through.

As it gets up you strike and form an air shell around it. IT starts to rage and hammer, but it is trapped.

Then you make another motion and debris begins to swirl around it. Then a fire blast, followed by a deluge of water from a nearby stream.

It's floating in the air trapped in a shell of the elements when you make another motion and around that begins to spin two more rings of water which begin to glow and contract.

THe demon starts to howl in rage and terror and it literally begins to boil away inside the shell, it's essence literally being turn apart at the spirit level. Evaporating away as you bring balance to the chaotic energies that literally make up its being.

In moments you hear but a cry of hatred and torment a the shell collapses and the demon dies with a whimper.

Then you exit the avatar state and fall to your knees, exhausted.

Basically, you did this:


Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum