Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Psyckosama on Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:22 am

Brian Boru wrote:More muttering.

"Would you rather your superiors bring it up with you?"

They continue to stare...not wanting to believe but unable to deny what they're seeing.  Before finally nodding dumbly.

It's not every day a manling walks in and says "Ohohohoh! How do young Dwarf-folk, might you enjoy great barrels of money? Set me up and it shall rain from the sky in a great torrent for my powers allow me to all but print it as if it where paper!"

Both of them seem vaguely pleased that a Human recognizes that.  Still being able to move so much stone would make the mining a million times easier.

I simply not.

You know if any race needs some Earth Benders, its this one...

A few of the Empire men notice that you're just drinking water and some of them chuckle amongst themselves.

I glance over. "I'm going to be doing heavy labor in an hour or two. A beer buzz isn't something wise to have."

One big individual, a Halbadier if the big pole-ax sitting near him notices you and your clothing (whatever you'd wear for a cold but not freezing day back home), and speaks up.  "Well now, don't think I've seen threads like those before.  Who might you be and from where you come from because I've been far and wide and I don't remember seeing folk like you before.  Dark like an Arabyan yet bluer eyes than a Norscan"

"Far away. Very far away," I respond calmly.

Blinking in surprise if you freeze your drink for a moment you can see in the reflection of your mug that your face now looks similar to that of a Water Tribe man, though you can still see plenty of your old face still there.

Least I'm still a dude. Waking up Korra would have been fun... for all of the first hour.

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Brian Boru on Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:38 am

Psyckosama wrote:"Would you rather your superiors bring it up with you?"

And just like that, silence.

It's not every day a manling walks in and says "Ohohohoh! How do young Dwarf-folk, might you enjoy great barrels of money? Set me up and it shall rain from the sky in a great torrent for my powers allow me to all but print it as if it where paper!"

HAH!

I simply not.

You know if any race needs some Earth Benders, its this one...

Well you could always see if you could spirit bend them....might not be the safest move considering the...immutability of Dwarfs.

I glance over. "I'm going to be doing heavy labor in an hour or two. A beer buzz isn't something wise to have."

"But shittin yer teeth ain't much better. Must have a stomach like an Ogre...or a troll."

"Far away. Very far away," I respond calmly.

He grins and says, "Well that sounds like there's a story there. Care to tell us? Me and the lads ain't got much else to do."

Least I'm still a dude. Waking up Korra would have been fun... for all of the first hour.

Gender dissonance is a fucking tragedy. Also you're in much better shape then you were before.
avatar
Brian Boru

Posts : 1163
Join date : 2012-08-04
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Psyckosama on Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:48 am

Brian Boru wrote:And just like that, silence.

"Thought so. Heed my advice or you'll be heeding theirs."

Well you could always see if you could spirit bend them....might not be the safest move considering the...immutability of Dwarfs.

Considering that I'd be asking them, I doubt they'd fight back or resist. It's when the person fights that you need to worry.

"But shittin yer teeth ain't much better.  Must have a stomach like an Ogre...or a troll."

"I know a couple tricks... and before you find out any details and start being suspicious because I know how fast rumors spread, its more akin to priestly abilities than sorcery."

I hold up my mug, and focus for a moment and the water comes to a boil. Then the mug becomes frosty.

"So, while I'm cooling liquids, want me to chill your beer?"

He grins and says, "Well that sounds like there's a story there.  Care to tell us?  Me and the lads ain't got much else to do."

"The spirits have decided to put me to work. Pretty much went 'Go forth and bother the fell powers' and dumped me in the wasteland."

Gender dissonance is a fucking tragedy.  Also you're in much better shape then you were before.

Yeah, it can be.

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Brian Boru on Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:08 am

Psyckosama wrote:"Thought so. Heed my advice or you'll be heeding theirs."

More silence....might get a grudge there.

Considering that I'd be asking them, I doubt they'd fight back or resist. It's when the person fights that you need to worry.

And considering the stubbornness of dwarfs I'd imagine even Raava couldn't budge those bastards.

"I know a couple tricks... and before you find out any details and start being suspicious because I know how fast rumors spread, its more akin to priestly abilities than sorcery."

I hold up my mug, and focus for a moment and the water comes to a boil. Then the mug becomes frosty.

"So, while I'm cooling liquids, want me to chill your beer?"

"A mage are ye Lad? First time I've seen one of em do something useful outside of a scrap. Right let's see what you got."

Once you cool his beer he smiles line a loon, "Fucking great!"

With that the rest of the tavern begin pushing for you to cool their beers even one or two dwarfs just to see what you can do.

All go away impressed.

"The spirits have decided to put me to work. Pretty much went 'Go forth and bother the fell powers' and dumped me in the wasteland."

"I'd say ye were mad but anyone who can cool a beer like that has got something going for him gods or otherwise." The rest of the tavern laugh at that.

Yeah, it can be.

Right then. A few hours later of acting as beer cooler. A dusty looking dwarf comes into the tavern looking you over he snorts. "So this is the one my neice's husband was over the moon for? Looks a little scrawny for mining, too tall as well."

"Tell me lad can you really move 100 tons of stone with a thought?"
avatar
Brian Boru

Posts : 1163
Join date : 2012-08-04
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Psyckosama on Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:15 am

Brian Boru wrote:More silence....might get a grudge there.

He's already got one and he's lucky I didn't break his nose. But I've said my part.

And considering the stubbornness of dwarfs I'd imagine even Raava couldn't budge those bastards.

Yeah, but if they ASKED for it... well...

"A mage are ye Lad?  First time I've seen one of em do something useful outside of a scrap. Right let's see what you got."

Once you cool his beer he smiles line a loon, "Fucking great!"

With that the rest of the tavern begin pushing for you to cool their beers even one or two dwarfs just to see what you can do.

All go away impressed.

"Waterbending actually. Nothing to do with the winds of magic."

Of course I do ask that when I come back, they treat me to some beer and sausages. Basically "as long as I'm here I'll cool your drinks as much as you need, but I eat and drink free. Deal?"

"I'd say ye were mad but anyone who can cool a beer like that has got something going for him gods or otherwise."  The rest of the tavern laugh at that.

"Show me a man who isn't a bit odd and you'll be showing me the true mad one."

 "Tell me lad can you really move 100 tons of stone with a thought?"

"And tunnel with my mind. Lets go where you have something I can prove it with."

Once we're there I move the largest stone block I can see, even if I have to go Avatar State then show off some other earthbending tricks

"Satisfied?"

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Brian Boru on Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:34 am

Psyckosama wrote:He's already got one and he's lucky I didn't break his nose. But I've said my part.

Moving on then.

Yeah, but if they ASKED for it... well...

True but this might be a tough one me thinks.

"Waterbending actually. Nothing to do with the winds of magic."

Of course I do ask that when I come back, they treat me to some beer and sausages. Basically "as long as I'm here I'll cool your drinks as much as you need, but I eat and drink free. Deal?"

"Whatever ye say lad."

"Sounds like an excellent plan to me lad. What you men?"

They shout their approval. "Right then, we'll be sure to spread the word then."

"Show me a man who isn't a bit odd and you'll be showing me the true mad one."

That sets him guffawing.

"And tunnel with my mind. Lets go where you have something I can prove it with."

"Right, follow me." He leads you to a tunnel that he says is a taped out mine. Nothing important is near it and nothing could be harmed even collapsing it.

Once we're there I move the largest stone block I can see, even if I have to go Avatar State then show off some other earthbending tricks

"Satisfied?"

He stares agog at what you did. "And you can keep this up for hours? No pulling in magic and unleashing Chaos (you can hear the capital C) on us?"

Once you say yes he grins. "Excellent, we have a deal then lad. You'll be clearing out the rubble and material out of the way of the miners as we work. Not the most glamorous job and no one likes doing it. So this'll free us up spectacularly. I'll make sure you have someone show you where to take the rubble and ore as needed. My son Ulli should be perfect for the job. He's a bit flighty but he knows his work and he's young, the two of you should get along fine."

With that the Dwarf then asks, "You got somewhere to stay?"

If not then he says, "Then you can stay with mine family for the night. Get you a chance to meet Ulli before the works starts in the morning."

You accept?
avatar
Brian Boru

Posts : 1163
Join date : 2012-08-04
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Psyckosama on Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:44 am

Brian Boru wrote:Moving on then.

Right.

True but this might be a tough one me thinks.

Nod.

"Whatever ye say lad."

"Sounds like an excellent plan to me lad.  What you men?"

They shout their approval.  "Right then, we'll be sure to spread the word then."

I nod. "That's one way to save some coin..."

And I order some more chow.

That sets him guffawing.

"Say you want about the odd ones, but normal people are creepy. All those blank smiles and identical mind sets... it's like they came out of a printers shop all stamped with the same dull black and white personality. Not a spot of color to the lot of 'em!"

"Right, follow me."  He leads you to a tunnel that he says is a taped out mine.  Nothing important is near it and nothing could be harmed even collapsing it.

I actually dig it out more then start to reshape it into a set of hallways that connect to moderately sized living chambers. "I'd do more but I don't know how you vent and run sewage..."

The walls are unadorned but have been molded into solid but rough stone. "All you need is to run some people to do spit and polish and maybe this old shaft could be of use again..."

He stares agog at what you did.  "And you can keep this up for hours?  No pulling in magic and unleashing Chaos (you can hear the capital C) on us?"

"Most I'll need is the occasional breather to catch my breath, some clean water to keep my hydrated, and some sausages to keep me fueled up. No beer on the job though. Safety first."

Once you say yes he grins.  "Excellent, we have a deal then lad.  You'll be clearing out the rubble and material out of the way of the miners as we work.  Not the most glamorous job and no one likes doing it.  So this'll free us up spectacularly.  I'll make sure you have someone show you where to take the rubble and ore as needed.  My son Ulli should be perfect for the job.  He's a bit flighty but he knows his work and he's young, the two of you should get along fine."

"Actually... about the ore... there's one other ability I have..."

I look down at a could old pickaxes and metal bend them into a unfinished sword blade which I then offer to him.

"And while I'm at it I might as well show you the rest."

I show him the other bending styles.

With that the Dwarf then asks, "You got somewhere to stay?"

If not then he says, "Then you can stay with mine family for the night.  Get you a chance to meet Ulli before the works starts in the morning."

You accept?

Of course I do.

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Brian Boru on Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:34 am

Psyckosama wrote:I nod. "That's one way to save some coin..."

And I order some more chow.

Bartender just nods and pulls out more sausages.

"Say you want about the odd ones, but normal people are creepy. All those blank smiles and identical mind sets... it's like they came out of a printers shop all stamped with the same dull black and white personality. Not a spot of color to the lot of 'em!"

Even more laughing, and agreements all around. Considering this is a mercernary band that isn't surprising. Those sort of men aren't known for their conformist nature.

I actually dig it out more then start to reshape it into a set of hallways that connect to moderately sized living chambers. "I'd do more but I don't know how you vent and run sewage..."

The walls are unadorned but have been molded into solid but rough stone. "All you need is to run some people to do spit and polish and maybe this old shaft could be of use again..."

He stares in surprise... "Ugly as sin...but that speed...the power....damn lad...just...damn...."

"Most I'll need is the occasional breather to catch my breath, some clean water to keep my hydrated, and some sausages to keep me fueled up. No beer on the job though. Safety first."

"No beer?....odd...but I'd ALMOST accept you being a vampire if you can dig like this!"

"Actually... about the ore... there's one other ability I have..."

I look down at a could old pickaxes and metal bend them into a unfinished sword blade which I then offer to him.

"And while I'm at it I might as well show you the rest."

I show him the other bending styles.

He continued to be amazed at what he sees. "Just what are you lad? I'm no wizard, but even I know ye can't do more than one kind of magic."

Of course I do.

"Right, then follow me."

With that he leads you to a smaller but comfortable clan compound, the Ironhunters, he mentions. Then to a small but well made dwelling were a plump but but still pretty older dwarf woman greets the foreman, who is obviously her husband. Then she turns to you and ask who this is. He tells her that you're a guest for a few days at least and will be helping him with the lads down in the mines.

She stares at him like he grew another head. He says that you have a few tricks up your sleeves, and to have faith. She looks like she wants to continue but she declines making a fuss in front of guests and she welcomes you into her home and has a table spread. Bread, cheese, a meaty stew with chopped vegetables mixed in as well. Portions are big and plenty. You'll need them.

Foreman asks if Ulli is here and she says that he went on a tavern run with the other young members of the Ironhunters after work was done. Foreman mutters in his beard and apologizes to you for his son's absence. He's a good lad if a little flighty for a dwarf and sometimes lets himself be dragged about by his friends, even if he shouldn't.

Talk soon turns to other matters, searching for veins in the Ironhunter tunnels, rumors of greenskins and skaven in the lower tunnels. Soon talk turns to how prince Garagrim is talking about somehow ending the slayer vow on his bloodline. They pray it won't kill the lad as he's a good boy and would make a Great king. Ms. Foreman comments on how it's a tragedy none of the Slayer Kings have been able to fulfill the vow and free their bloodline.

They talk for a while and Foreman notices the time and shows you to a guest room, while the bed is too short a pallet of blankets of a sort has been set up for your use. Quite comfortable actually. You hit the sack and soon are drifting off to sleep.

The next morning you find that Ulli came back late at night, having drunk himself stupid celebrating with his friends after learning that one of them's new bride was already expecting. An incredible blessing and one to celebrate with booze.

He's got his face on the table moaning his pain while his father is sitting on the opposite end eating a breakfast of scrambled eggs. Foreman looks up and greets you in a slightly loud voice explaining what the matter with Ulli is and apologizes for delaying your proper work as until Ulli recovers he'll have to find someone else to manage you and he doesn't know how long that might take.

Ulli just groans...
avatar
Brian Boru

Posts : 1163
Join date : 2012-08-04
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Psyckosama on Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:54 am

Brian Boru wrote:Bartender just nods and pulls out more sausages.

"Cheers mates!"

Even more laughing, and agreements all around.  Considering this is a mercernary band that isn't surprising.  Those sort of men aren't known for their conformist nature.

Generally we joke about.

He stares in surprise... "Ugly as sin...but that speed...the power....damn lad...just...damn...."

I nod. "I guessed you folks wouldn't like something too unconventional so I made it intentionally rough. It's easier to remove material than put it back on. Just send down some apprentices down to do the finish. Give the beardlings something useful to do."

"No beer?....odd...but I'd ALMOST accept you being a vampire if you can dig like this!"

"Alcohol and bending can be dangerous together. It's entirely for the safety of the men. Afterwards though, I'd happily have a pint with you good blokes."

He continued to be amazed at what he sees.  "Just what are you lad?  I'm no wizard, but even I know ye can't do more than one kind of magic."

"It's a long story... and if I tried to explain it you'd think I was mad. Lets make a deal. Next time you have to deal with some Green Skins or Skaven I'll show you what I'm really capable of... then once you've seen it I'll explain in detail. For now, unless I went full out you'd think I was insane."

"Right, then follow me."

With that he leads you to a smaller but comfortable clan compound, the Ironhunters, he mentions.  Then to a small but well made dwelling were a plump but but still pretty older dwarf woman greets the foreman, who is obviously her husband.  Then she turns to you and ask who this is.  He tells her that you're a guest for a few days at least and will be helping him with the lads down in the mines.

She stares at him like he grew another head.  He says that you have a few tricks up your sleeves, and to have faith.  She looks like she wants to continue but she declines making a fuss in front of guests and she welcomes you into her home and has a table spread.  Bread, cheese, a meaty stew with chopped vegetables mixed in as well.  Portions are big and plenty.  You'll need them.

I'm friendly and polite and keep from making any promises and I do ask about dwarven manners. I am a guest there and don't want to be a bore without knowing it.

And I offer to do the dishes in thanks for their hospitality. Waterbending them clean would be stupid easy.

Oh, and if they have any cream, fruit, and sugar I offer to make a special treat in thanks...

ICE CREAM! Very Happy

Foreman asks if Ulli is here and she says that he went on a tavern run with the other young members of the Ironhunters after work was done.  Foreman mutters in his beard and apologizes to you for his son's absence.  He's a good lad if a little flighty for a dwarf and sometimes lets himself be dragged about by his friends, even if he shouldn't.

"He's young. I know you'll never admit it, but you know you did the same as a youth," I wink, "He's got a long life ahead of him. He'll grow out of it... and one day he'll be sitting by you enjoying a pipe, his beard down about his knees, all the while grumbling about how his own son being off at the tavern..."

Talk soon turns to other matters, searching for veins in the Ironhunter tunnels, rumors of greenskins and skaven in the lower tunnels. Soon talk turns to how prince Garagrim is talking about somehow ending the slayer vow on his bloodline.  They pray it won't kill the lad as he's a good boy and would make a Great king.  Ms. Foreman comments on how it's a tragedy none of the Slayer Kings have been able to fulfill the vow and free their bloodline.

I take a deep breath. "I wish I could help, but while my power is great there is no outside force in the world that can tend to matters of honor as such. Honor comes from within not without. Some burdens we must carry for ourselves."

They talk for a while and Foreman notices the time and shows you to a guest room, while the bed is too short a pallet of blankets of a sort has been set up for your use.  Quite comfortable actually.  You hit the sack and soon are drifting off to sleep.

"Thank you."

The next morning you find that Ulli came back late at night, having drunk himself stupid celebrating with his friends after learning that one of them's new bride was already expecting.  An incredible blessing and one to celebrate with booze.

He's got his face on the table moaning his pain while his father is sitting on the opposite end eating a breakfast of scrambled eggs.  Foreman looks up and greets you in a slightly loud voice explaining what the matter with Ulli is and apologizes for delaying your proper work as until Ulli recovers he'll have to find someone else to manage you and he doesn't know how long that might take.

Ulli just groans...

I look over. "No worries. Just hold still for a moment."

I pull out a bowl of water and ask him to stand still.

And I heal his hangover.

"There we go, right as rain."

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Rieverre on Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:10 am

Brian Boru wrote:Several of the mages see what you're trying to do and unleash hell on you with bolts of red lightning and blue fire.  Thankfully they miss, too surprised at what you're doing.  With final cry of shock you bury the entire group.

Feeling satisfied you turn to make your way back to the South and West...until you hear a rumbling sound.  Spinning around a blue clawed fist bursts through your impromptu grave....apparently the deaths of the wizards was enough to supercharge the ritual and power through your attempted burial.

You've got a Changer of Ways and boy is he pissed...once he gets out of the ground.  All of your senses are screaming at you to run!

... unfortunately that would likely only delay the confrontation considering that this is a Lord of Change (since I assume you meant that and not freaking Tzeentch himself, because the Changer of Ways is his moniker) and these fuckers can fly.

It's really really unlikely that I can outrun him.

On the other hand, I appear to have him somewhat at a disadvantage here. If there's any one time to capitalize, it's now.

If I can bend lightning, I gather a bolt to blow up his hand. That should inconvenience him at least.

After, or if I haven't got the knack for that, I stomp again and just ... start piling on stone and earth on top of his prison, occasionally gathering up the moisture in the air and ground around us and sending it in as well, only to have it freeze the dirt solid.

At the same time, I'm making the whole place into a ... well, no, not a hill. A giant kiln.

You see where I'm going with this?

_If_ this works, and _if_ he isn't making much headway in breaking out, air and fire-bend into it to _bake_ the fucker to death. Or, well, discorporation.

Otherwise, hopefully it'll weaken him by enough that I can continue without being embarrassingly killed.
avatar
Rieverre

Posts : 1164
Join date : 2012-12-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Brian Boru on Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:58 pm

Psyckosama wrote:"Cheers mates!"

Cheers are made.

Generally we joke about.

heh

I nod. "I guessed you folks wouldn't like something too unconventional so I made it intentionally rough. It's easier to remove material than put it back on. Just send down some apprentices down to do the finish. Give the beardlings something useful to do."

He chuckles at that.

"Alcohol and bending can be dangerous together. It's entirely for the safety of the men. Afterwards though, I'd happily have a pint with you good blokes."

"I'll hold you to that even if Men can't hold their liquor all that well."

"It's a long story... and if I tried to explain it you'd think I was mad. Lets make a deal. Next time you have to deal with some Green Skins or Skaven I'll show you what I'm really capable of... then once you've seen it I'll explain in detail. For now, unless I went full out you'd think I was insane."

He looks at you funny but shrugs, you've got your secrets fine he'll figure them out eventually.

I'm friendly and polite and keep from making any promises and I do ask about dwarven manners. I am a guest there and don't want to be a bore without knowing it.

You manage to hold out well enough this is a mining family not the court of the Phoenix King.

And I offer to do the dishes in thanks for their hospitality. Waterbending them clean would be stupid easy.

She looks at you funny then when you do your trick she looks at her husband, "A mage?"

Foreman explains that he's not like any mage he's ever seen before, man can do some honest work from the look of it.

Oh, and if they have any cream, fruit, and sugar I offer to make a special treat in thanks...

ICE CREAM! Very Happy

OOC: Don't you need rock salt for that as well?  

But they do have some of each.  Though it's pretty unrefined brown sugar.

"He's young. I know you'll never admit it, but you know you did the same as a youth," I wink, "He's got a long life ahead of him. He'll grow out of it... and one day he'll be sitting by you enjoying a pipe, his beard down about his knees, all the while grumbling about how his own son being off at the tavern..."

He chuckles, "One can only hope."

I take a deep breath. "I wish I could help, but while my power is great there is no outside force in the world that can tend to matters of honor as such. Honor comes from within not without. Some burdens we must carry for ourselves."

Grim nods all around.

"Thank you."

"Your Welcome Lad."

I look over. "No worries. Just hold still for a moment."

I pull out a bowl of water and ask him to stand still.

And I heal his hangover.

"There we go, right as rain."

And Ulli manages to raise his head, a surprised and confused look on his face.  "What the hell?"

His mother promptly whacks him over the head with a spoon.  "Language."

After Ulli's returned appetite is sated the two men stand and clap their helmets on their knoggins, head for the door, though not before giving the lady of the house a kiss on the cheek and good-byes.

Foreman (I really need to get a name for him.) mentions that they'll need to get a helmet for you...though finding one that'd fit your relative pin head might be a hassle...

Either way you finally reach the bottom of the shaft and into the tunnels proper.  

The rest of the crew stare at Foreman and Ulli like they've lost their minds bringing a manling down here.

But once you show them what you can do they change their tune slightly.  They still think mucking with tradition isn't a smart idea but they're not going to ignore something that could speed up the mining so fast either.

Right you already know what to do.  Gather the loose stone, get it out of the way and to where the stuff can be sorted and processed. Ulli will act as your supervisor and show you where to take what where.

Roll a d6.



Rieverre wrote:... unfortunately that would likely only delay the confrontation considering that this is a Lord of Change (since I assume you meant that and not freaking Tzeentch himself, because the Changer of Ways is his moniker) and these fuckers can fly.

Huh you're right Lord of Change my mistake.

It's really really unlikely that I can outrun him.

On the other hand, I appear to have him somewhat at a disadvantage here. If there's any one time to capitalize, it's now.

If I can bend lightning, I gather a bolt to blow up his hand. That should inconvenience him at least.

The lighting bolt you fire would make Zeus proud but the beast manages to redirect most of it into the sky...and now there's a fine mist of blood raining down.  Your SOUL feels sick.  But the thing is definitely charred and if anything the demon is even angrier.

After, or if I haven't got the knack for that, I stomp again and just ... start piling on stone and earth on top of his prison, occasionally gathering up the moisture in the air and ground around us and sending it in as well, only to have it freeze the dirt solid.

At the same time, I'm making the whole place into a ... well, no, not a hill. A giant kiln.

You see where I'm going with this?

_If_ this works, and _if_ he isn't making much headway in breaking out, air and fire-bend into it to _bake_ the fucker to death. Or, well, discorporation.

Otherwise, hopefully it'll weaken him by enough that I can continue without being embarrassingly killed.

You pile more and more earth on him soon making something of a small hillock, the very earth shaking with your tearing of it.  Once you feel it tall enough you begin adding fire.  You begin shaking from the strain of the heat.  And you can sense the angered panic of the creature.

Finally the thing seems to stop struggling and all is silence....

Then a massive explosion of hellfire erupts from the hill-kiln and you're faced with a VERY VERY ANGRY Lord of Change.  Though also a VERY burnt one as well, you really did hurt the monster.

Its eyes, a kaleidoscope of maddening colors seem to pierce  your soul....then it begins to chuckle...

InTeReSiNg MoSt CuRiOuS. OnCe I tEaR yOu ApArT i MuSt ExAmInE tHe FrAgMeNtS oF YoUr SoUl, ThErE iS sOmEtHiNg VeRy InTeReStInG ....aNd PoWeRfUl In ThErE tHaT i MuSt SeE.

You think you're ears started bleeding...

This might get ugly.
avatar
Brian Boru

Posts : 1163
Join date : 2012-08-04
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Psyckosama on Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:08 pm

Brian Boru wrote:"I'll hold you to that even if Men can't hold their liquor all that well."

"Why is why no beer while I work..." I wink.

He looks at you funny but shrugs, you've got your secrets fine he'll figure them out eventually.

"You see when the time comes..."

You manage to hold out well enough this is a mining family not the court of the Phoenix King.

I know, but dwarves are very hidebound people and better to learn what you can when you can and work your way from there.

She looks at you funny then when you do your trick she looks at her husband, "A mage?"

Foreman explains that he's not like any mage he's ever seen before, man can do some honest work from the look of it.

"I like making myself useful," I reply.

But they do have some of each.  Though it's pretty unrefined brown sugar.

The salt is option and one of the reasons its there is to slow the freezing a bit so you can churn it properlly. Since I'm amking it with waterbending, not so needed.

He chuckles, "One can only hope."

"Aye. One can hope."

Grim nods all around.

"Still, if he ever needs someone to help with something for the good of the hold, I remember my friends and so far your people have been nothing but kind..." I pause, "Baring the idiot at the gates but I don't hold grudges easy."

And Ulli manages to raise his head, a surprised and confused look on his face.  "What the hell?"

His mother promptly whacks him over the head with a spoon.  "Language."

I chuckle.

After Ulli's returned appetite is sated the two men stand and clap their helmets on their knoggins, head for the door, though not before giving the lady of the house a kiss on the cheek and good-byes.

Foreman (I really need to get a name for him.) mentions that they'll need to get a helmet for you...though finding one that'd fit your relative pin head might be a hassle...

"Well, we could always use a child's helmet or I could metalbend one if need be,"

Either way you finally reach the bottom of the shaft and into the tunnels proper.  

The rest of the crew stare at Foreman and Ulli like they've lost their minds bringing a manling down here.

But once you show them what you can do they change their tune slightly.  They still think mucking with tradition isn't a smart idea but they're not going to ignore something that could speed up the mining so fast either.

Right you already know what to do.  Gather the loose stone, get it out of the way and to where the stuff can be sorted and processed. Ulli will act as your supervisor and show you where to take what where.

One thing I do though is the stone draw our gets compressed into neat stone bricks, Waste not want not. Both easier to move and can be reused for other things ^_^

Roll a d6.

Psyckosama carried out 1 launched of one d6 (Image not informed.) :
2



Rieverre wrote:This might get ugly.

I'd like to make a humble suggestion...


Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Rieverre on Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:22 pm

Brian Boru wrote:You pile more and more earth on him soon making something of a small hillock, the very earth shaking with your tearing of it.  Once you feel it tall enough you begin adding fire.  You begin shaking from the strain of the heat.  And you can sense the angered panic of the creature.

Finally the thing seems to stop struggling and all is silence....

Then a massive explosion of hellfire erupts from the hill-kiln and you're faced with a VERY VERY ANGRY Lord of Change.  Though also a VERY burnt one as well, you really did hurt the monster.

Its eyes, a kaleidoscope of maddening colors seem to pierce  your soul....then it begins to chuckle...

InTeReSiNg MoSt CuRiOuS. OnCe I tEaR yOu ApArT i MuSt ExAmInE tHe FrAgMeNtS oF YoUr SoUl, ThErE iS sOmEtHiNg VeRy InTeReStInG ....aNd PoWeRfUl In ThErE tHaT i MuSt SeE.

You think you're ears started bleeding...

This might get ugly.

... yeah, there's no pulling my punches here. This thing needs to go down. And go down _hard_. I was going to try to keep this in reserve, but really, at this point I need to blitz the Lord of Change out of existence before it can start steamrolling.

"Oh, well, there's no need for that," I say, grinning a bloody grin despite the stabbing pain going through my head. "If you really want to see, why, I might as well go ahead and OBLIGE YOU!"

Raava, if you're in here? This is your cue!

I launch a full on assault, air-fed flame, ice-spike coated stone, countless shredding needles and literally EVERYTHING BUT THE KITCHEN SINK!
avatar
Rieverre

Posts : 1164
Join date : 2012-12-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Brian Boru on Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:21 pm

Psyckosama wrote:"Why is why no beer while I work..." I wink.

"Such a shame."

"You see when the time comes..."

"So be it."

I know, but dwarves are very hidebound people and better to learn what you can when you can and work your way from there.

True.

"I like making myself useful," I reply.

"Which is more than most of those Nancies can say."

The salt is option and one of the reasons its there is to slow the freezing a bit so you can churn it properlly. Since I'm amking it with waterbending, not so needed.

Ah never mind then. Unexpected but welcome surprise.

"Still, if he ever needs someone to help with something for the good of the hold, I remember my friends and so far your people have been nothing but kind..." I pause, "Baring the idiot at the gates but I don't hold grudges easy."

"Oh that one...I've heard from my neice's husband complaining about that idiot. Crack-shot with a ballista, it's why he's there but no fire control."

"Well, we could always use a child's helmet or I could metalbend one if need be,"

One of Ulli's old helmets are found and you find to your delight it fits quite well.

One thing I do though is the stone draw our gets compressed into neat stone bricks, Waste not want not. Both easier to move and can be reused for other things ^_^

They stare at that but shrug, though there'll be an interesting story to be told about that one with the other crews.

2

Well other than an occasional bang on the head the work actually goes quite well for the most part. The other crews more than stare when they seem a dark-skinned and blue eyed manling with a child's helmet moving piles of bricks out of your tunnel, but the number of bricks is surprising and no one is willing to argue the volume being produced. You get the feeling you're going to be mobbed once your shift is over.

Roll a d20 for mobbing.



Rieverre wrote:... yeah, there's no pulling my punches here. This thing needs to go down. And go down _hard_. I was going to try to keep this in reserve, but really, at this point I need to blitz the Lord of Change out of existence before it can start steamrolling.

"Oh, well, there's no need for that," I say, grinning a bloody grin despite the stabbing pain going through my head. "If you really want to see, why, I might as well go ahead and OBLIGE YOU!"

ExCeLlEnT!

Raava, if you're in here? This is your cue!

Nothing verbal but you can feel your eyes beginning to glow and instinct takes over though a thought not your own bubbles in your mind. Bind the beast in air when you destroy it, else it will escape.

I launch a full on assault, air-fed flame, ice-spike coated stone, countless shredding needles and literally EVERYTHING BUT THE KITCHEN SINK!

And the Lord of Change puts up a spectacular defense but not even a Greater Demon of Tzeentch can withstand the power of a fully realized Avatar.

You soon have the beast on the ropes but before it can flee you manage to trap it in a giant ball of air. The beast pounds on the walls of the air cage but for some reason it can not pierce the walls of wind. With a final punch you incinerate the beast in a massive gout of fire.

But instead of it fleeing back to the realm of Chaos you get the feeling that this portion of Tzeentch has been truly eradicated forever....and you know that you've just earned the enmity of the Changer of Ways and the Lord of Fate....fuck....also you're DRAINED!
avatar
Brian Boru

Posts : 1163
Join date : 2012-08-04
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Rieverre on Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:40 pm

Brian Boru wrote:Nothing verbal but you can feel your eyes beginning to glow and instinct takes over though a thought not your own bubbles in your mind.  Bind the beast in air when you destroy it, else it will escape.

Thank you kindly.

And the Lord of Change puts up a spectacular defense but not even a Greater Demon of Tzeentch can withstand the power of a fully realized Avatar.

You soon have the beast on the ropes but before it can flee you manage to trap it in a giant ball of air.  The beast pounds on the walls of the air cage but for some reason it can not pierce the walls of wind.  With a final punch you incinerate the beast in a massive gout of fire.  

But instead of it fleeing back to the realm of Chaos you get the feeling that this portion of Tzeentch has been truly eradicated forever....and you know that you've just earned the enmity of the Changer of Ways and the Lord of Fate....fuck....also you're DRAINED!

Ughhh ... once I've had a chance to sleep this off and have a hot meal, I'll no doubt pat myself on the back for being awesome and all ... but for now finding that place to have a hot meal and sleep this off takes priority. I sure as hell won't dig through the rubble to find if the sorcerers had anything edible on them, because really, Chaos touched food carried by people who were summoning a Lord of Change. If that doesn't mutate you, I don't know what will.

I trudge off in the direction I was previously traveling in. It's a faint hope, but they weren't summoning that thing for nothing, so maybe I'll run into someplace less hostile sooner rather than later?

Maybe.
avatar
Rieverre

Posts : 1164
Join date : 2012-12-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Psyckosama on Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:37 pm

Brian Boru wrote:"Such a shame."

"It's a sacrifice for the greater good... painful but nessasary" I say with the utmost seriousness. Or at least would if I could keep a straight face without struggling to keep down my smile.

"So be it."

I nod.

"Which is more than most of those Nancies can say."

"A wise man once said that with great power comes great responsibility."

Ah never mind then.  Unexpected but welcome surprise.

My way of giving thanks.

[quote]"Oh that one...I've heard from my neice's husband complaining about that idiot.  Crack-shot with a ballista, it's why he's there but no fire control."[quote]

"Hopefully he learns before he kills someone. I'd hate to see him have to shave his head."

One of Ulli's old helmets are found and you find to your delight it fits quite well.

"Perfection."

They stare at that but shrug, though there'll be an interesting story to be told about that one with the other crews.

"Waste not want not!"

Well other than an occasional bang on the head the work actually goes quite well for the most part.  The other crews more than stare when they seem a dark-skinned and blue eyed manling with a child's helmet moving piles of bricks out of your tunnel, but the number of bricks is surprising and no one is willing to argue the volume being produced.  You get the feeling you're going to be mobbed once your shift is over.

Roll a d20 for mobbing.

Psyckosama carried out 1 launched of one d20 (Image not informed.) :
1

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Brian Boru on Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:24 pm

Rieverre wrote:Thank you kindly.

Heh

Ughhh ... once I've had a chance to sleep this off and have a hot meal, I'll no doubt pat myself on the back for being awesome and all ... but for now finding that place to have a hot meal and sleep this off takes priority. I sure as hell won't dig through the rubble to find if the sorcerers had anything edible on them, because really, Chaos touched food carried by people who were summoning a Lord of Change. If that doesn't mutate you, I don't know what will.

I trudge off in the direction I was previously traveling in. It's a faint hope, but they weren't summoning that thing for nothing, so maybe I'll run into someplace less hostile sooner rather than later?

Maybe.

Pulling yourself back together you slowly but surely trudge along Towards the South and West Yet again.

Roll a d100


Psyckosama wrote:"It's a sacrifice for the greater good... painful but necessary" I say with the utmost seriousness. Or at least would if I could keep a straight face without struggling to keep down my smile.

That actually gets a slight chuckle and snort.

"A wise man once said that with great power comes great responsibility."

“Wise words.”

My way of giving thanks.

And appreciated.

"Hopefully he learns before he kills someone. I'd hate to see him have to shave his head."

“Not like there aren’t enough of them here.”

"Perfection."

“No worries then.”

"Waste not want not!"

“Might need to be reworked if we actually use them...they’re a bit...lopsided…”

They look perfect to you.

1

Amazingly Foreman manages to run interference for you when the day is done, telling the others that he'll tell everyone what's going on himself. Let the lad rest, it was his first day and BOY was it a doozy.  While the work wasn't back-breaking so to speak it WAS long and you feel aches in places you didn't think possible.

Ulli and you are riding up an elevator shaft when he invites you to drink with the other younguns of the mining crew.  You interested?


OOC: Mousillon?[/quote]
avatar
Brian Boru

Posts : 1163
Join date : 2012-08-04
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Psyckosama on Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:52 pm

Brian Boru wrote:
That actually gets a slight chuckle and snort.

I grin.

“Wise words.”
I nod.

“Not like there aren’t enough of them here.”

"One more Slayer is one too many. In a fair world there would be no need for such a thing."

“Might need to be reworked if we actually use them...they’re a bit...lopsided…”

"Just tell me how and I'll adjust them myself. Right now they're more for movement and packing than use."

They look perfect to you.

Yeah, but I'm dealing with Dwarfs. Just smile and nod and take the criticism and strive to improve.

Amazingly Foreman manages to run interference for you when the day is done, telling the others that he'll tell everyone what's going on himself.  Let the lad rest, it was his first day and BOY was it a doozy.  While the work wasn't back-breaking so to speak it WAS long and you feel aches in places you didn't think possible.

Ulli and you are riding up an elevator shaft when he invites you to drink with the other younguns of the mining crew.  You interested?

"Sure. Just not too much. I don't have dwarven stamina and I'll need to be at work tomorrow."

OOC: Mousillon?

I'll give you two options.

1) Reroll.

2) Wait for me to finish reading up on the damned place.

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Brian Boru on Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:07 pm

Lemme roll a dice if I like the number we'll go with that. If not I'll just wait for your research...sorry for bugging ya like that.

Brian Boru carried out 1 launched of one d6 (Image not informed.) :
2
avatar
Brian Boru

Posts : 1163
Join date : 2012-08-04
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Brian Boru on Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:10 pm

...I'll stick with Mousillon...sorry for the complaint.
avatar
Brian Boru

Posts : 1163
Join date : 2012-08-04
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Psyckosama on Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:15 pm

Just choose one.

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Rieverre on Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:15 pm

Brian Boru wrote:Pulling yourself back together you slowly but surely trudge along Towards the South and West Yet again.

Roll a d100

rollan
avatar
Rieverre

Posts : 1164
Join date : 2012-12-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Dice Bot on Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:15 pm

The member 'Rieverre' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd100' : 41

Dice Bot

Posts : 102
Join date : 2013-05-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Brian Boru on Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:20 pm

Sylvania
avatar
Brian Boru

Posts : 1163
Join date : 2012-08-04
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Brian Boru on Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:08 am

Psyckosama wrote:"One more Slayer is one too many. In a fair world there would be no need for such a thing."

"Aye in a fair world."

"Just tell me how and I'll adjust them myself. Right now they're more for movement and packing than use."

Mild chuckles there but nods.

Yeah, but I'm dealing with Dwarfs. Just smile and nod and take the criticism and strive to improve.

Heh

"Sure. Just not too much. I don't have dwarven stamina and I'll need to be at work tomorrow."

Fair enough but damn is Dwarven beer something WONDERFUL! Roll a d10 for fortitude.

The next morning you find yourself being requested by the other crews of the Ironhunters for rubble removal. Foreman isn't keen on the idea but it's up to you.

I'll give you two options.

1) Reroll.

2) Wait for me to finish reading up on the damned place.

Sylvania?



Rieverre wrote:rollan

41

For almost a day you stumble along, starving, exhausted, alone. The land is freezing and the wind howls right to your core. You're about to collapse when you hear hoofbeats...again...bending yourself into cover you manage to spot who's coming. A band of mounted warriors....not chaos though...definitely not.

They're hard looking men but not corrupt.
avatar
Brian Boru

Posts : 1163
Join date : 2012-08-04
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Psyckosama on Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:15 am

Brian Boru wrote:"Aye in a fair world."

I simply not.

Mild chuckles there but nods.

Good.


Fair enough but damn is Dwarven beer something WONDERFUL!  Roll a d10 for fortitude.

Psyckosama carried out 1 launched of one d10 (Image not informed.) :
6

The next morning you find yourself being requested by the other crews of the Ironhunters for rubble removal.  Foreman isn't keen on the idea but it's up to you.

Unless there's something more critical to do, I'm sticking with my friends.

But I do send one message. I'm fire support. Literally. I make the point by creating a ball of fire.

If there's any breakthrough of Ratmen or other nasties I'll be there as soon as I get the word.

I can literally burn them out of a tunnel or simply close the gap they're using for entry. My powers have multiple uses. ^_^

Sylvania?


When you manage to get up you see that you're in the middle of a rank, fetted swamp. It's foul smelling and humid... Looking down, you seem to have everything in place....though you're now a little trimmer and any old aches you've acquired seemed to have vanished. You also have dark tanned skin and a glorious rack. Finally there is a note in your right hand.

Unfolding it you read.

Velcome to Sylvania. A few acquaintances of mine asked me if I could give them a helping hand in cleaning up a few messes, here. I looked around and I decided that you'd be the best man for the job. Now before you panic take a look at the bottom of the page. There you'll find what I gave to help you in your endeavors."

Best of Luck to you sincerely,

Skippy the Space Bat

P.S. might want to get moving.


At the bottom of the note you see this symbol.



As you have you inevitable freak out, a pair of beanbags work their way out of your shirt and lad at your feet.

As you catch your breath you hear the woods ruffle as a frantic man runs through as if they hounds of hell were after him...



He trips and lands at your feet and looks up at you gasping and spitting before running off again...

Moments later...

The hounds of hell come rushing through the trees...



Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Brian Boru on Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:57 am

Psyckosama wrote:I simply not.

Right then.

6

Well you feel like crap but you're not bed ridden. Ulli's actually a bit impressed you managed to handle Dwarf booze that well. Maybe some water bending should help clear the head-ache.

Unless there's something more critical to do, I'm sticking with my friends.

But I do send one message. I'm fire support. Literally. I make the point by creating a ball of fire.

If there's any breakthrough of Ratmen or other nasties I'll be there as soon as I get the word.

I can literally burn them out of a tunnel or simply close the gap they're using for entry. My powers have multiple uses. ^_^

There's plenty of muttering but eventually they accept that you took a job under foreman and they won't push on that. Though expect someone to figure out what the hell you're doing eventually.

And so the work continues, the dwarves dig, you clear the rubble, you get drunk and you go to bed, dig, rubble, drink, bed...and so on and so forth. This lasts for about a week when a messenger comes from higher up. Seems that you've been found out and Ungrim himself wants to see this man who can move stone.

In just a few hours, you're rushed to the audience chamber where Ungrim sits, every inch the Slayer King. By his sides are his wife, and his son and heir, the prince Garagrim, also in the slayer garb.

He stares you down and you feel the weight of a mountain bearing down on you. "So, this is the manling who's become the talk of all the mining clans. Some are asking that I kick you out never to return. But the Ironhunters are adamant that you're an asset of the clan and it's pure envy that motivates the other mining clans and they're willing to fight to keep you. Tell me who are you that all of Karak Kadrin is talking about."



When you manage to get up you see that you're in the middle of a rank, fetted swamp. It's foul smelling and humid...  Looking down, you seem to have everything in place....though you're now a little trimmer and any old aches you've acquired seemed to have vanished. You also have dark tanned skin and a glorious rack. Finally there is a note in your right hand.

Unfolding it you read.

Velcome to Sylvania.  A few acquaintances of mine asked me if I could give them a helping hand in cleaning up a few messes, here.  I looked around and I decided that you'd be the best man for the job.  Now before you panic take a look at the bottom of the page.  There you'll find what I gave to help you in your endeavors."

Best of Luck to you sincerely,

Skippy the Space Bat

P.S. might want to get moving.


At the bottom of the note you see this symbol.


My reaction

As you have you inevitable freak out, a pair of beanbags work their way out of your shirt and lad at your feet.

I drop to my knees in relief. "Thank God!"

As you catch your breath you hear the woods ruffle as a frantic man runs through as if they hounds of hell were after him...



He trips and lands at your feet and looks up at you gasping and spitting before running off again...

"Well that can't be good."

Moments later...

The hounds of hell come rushing through the trees...



Well...fuck...

Right then, Dire Wolves, not rotting so they should be still alive.

I stomp the mucky ground and make a pit fall for the beasts hopefully they'll fall in and get trapped. Then with a swing of an arm I'll draw ALL the water from that spot, trapping them for a moment. Then I'll crush the bodies in the hardened earth then burninate anything still on the surface.

Once I'm sure the beasts are dead I'll go look for the man who had been pursued by those beasts.

Though I'll make sure to listen out for those wolves' master as I'm sure those things had one.

Now let's think...swamps and if I really am in Sylvania....of Warhammer FB fame...then I should be in the western part of it...I DON'T think the Vamps have as strong a presence here but we'll see.
avatar
Brian Boru

Posts : 1163
Join date : 2012-08-04
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Psyckosama on Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:11 am

Brian Boru wrote:Well you feel like crap but you're not bed ridden.  Ulli's actually a bit impressed you managed to handle Dwarf booze that well.  Maybe some water bending should help clear the head-ache.

I bend it right away. "Ah, best part of waterbending. No hangovers."

There's plenty of muttering but eventually they accept that you took a job under foreman and they won't push on that.  Though expect someone to figure out what the hell you're doing eventually.

They could just ask.

And so the work continues, the dwarves dig, you clear the rubble, you get drunk and you go to bed, dig, rubble, drink, bed...and so on and so forth.  This lasts for about a week when a messenger comes from higher up. Seems that you've been found out and Ungrim himself wants to see this man who can move stone.

At some point I have to introduce them to this song... if it won't offend them.



In just a few hours, you're rushed to the audience chamber where Ungrim sits, every inch the Slayer King.  By his sides are his wife, and his son and heir, the prince Garagrim, also in the slayer garb.


I bow as is respectful.

He stares you down and you feel the weight of a mountain bearing down on you.  "So, this is the manling who's become the talk of all the mining clans.  Some are asking that I kick you out never to return.  But the Ironhunters are adamant that you're an asset of the clan and it's pure envy that motivates the other mining clans and they're willing to fight to keep you.  Tell me who are you that all of Karak Kadrin is talking about."

"I am Avatar Sama. Master of the Elements." From the way he heard me say my name its obvious that its a title. "And I am a trapped very long way from home."

And from then... I explain what I am in the most polite and non-egotistical way possible.

My reaction

I drop to my knees in relief.  "Thank God!"

You swear you hear the following...



"Well that can't be good."

He's off like a lightning bolt.

Well...fuck...

Right then, Dire Wolves, not rotting so they should be still alive.

I stomp the mucky ground and make a pit fall for the beasts hopefully they'll fall in and get trapped.  Then with a swing of an arm I'll draw ALL the water from that spot, trapping them for a moment.  Then I'll crush the bodies in the hardened earth then burninate anything still on the surface.

Once I'm sure the beasts are dead I'll go look for the man who had been pursued by those beasts.

Though I'll make sure to listen out for those wolves' master as I'm sure those things had one.

Now let's think...swamps and if I really am in Sylvania....of Warhammer FB fame...then I should be in the western part of it...I DON'T think the Vamps have as strong a presence here but we'll see.

There is a ruffling in the woods and you see a pale man on horseback glaring at you.

"Who are you that you dare interrupt my hunt and kill my hunting dogs?"



Pretty much this without the blood dripping...

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Brian Boru on Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:37 am

Psyckosama wrote:I bend it right away. "Ah, best part of waterbending. No hangovers."

"Huh, thought it was those Jade wizards that healed." He shrugs, not really his area of expertise really.

They could just ask.

As in how your crew's doing so much work.

At some point I have to introduce them to this song... if it won't offend them.


Well they thinks it a bit simple but honest and endearing like kids singing a song for their parents. And you swear you hear a few of them whistling that damn catchy tune.

I bow as is respectful.

"Well at least you have manners."

"I am Avatar Sama. Master of the Elements." From the way he heard me say my name its obvious that its a title. "And I am a trapped very long way from home."

And from then... I explain what I am in the most polite and non-egotistical way possible.

He's obviously not believing that a man could wield what is obviously magic from multiple colleges AND the Ice magic of Kislev. But he also knows his subjects wouldn't lie so he asks that you give him a demonstration of all your abilities and asks how strong do you think you are.

He calls in a runecarver in to try and dispel you while you're doing this.

The runepriest does his thing...and you're never interrupted in your routine in the slightest. Obviously you're not using magic of any sort.

"Interesting...very interesting. Do any others have this gift?"


Avatar Boru
You swear you hear the following...


...I can live with that.

He's off like a lightning bolt.

"Definitely NOT good."

There is a ruffling in the woods and you see a pale man on horseback glaring at you.

"Who are you that you dare interrupt my hunt and kill my hunting dogs?"



Pretty much this without the blood dripping...

"That didn't look like any deer or pig I've ever seen before. What crime could that man have done to warrant such punishment?"

Yes I know he's a vampire but let's see if I can glean something from him BEFORE we fight. Maybe he'll think I'm a dumb outsider, I sure look the part.

"I am Avatar Boru. Master of the Elements. Who might you be? What right have you to sick beasts on your fellow man like that?"

The moment he turns hostile I sink his horse into the swamp and trap him in a block of ice. If he can't break free then I tell him. "Alright, I have a few questions and you're going to answer them. Else I'm going to get...inventive.
avatar
Brian Boru

Posts : 1163
Join date : 2012-08-04
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Psyckosama on Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:08 am

Brian Boru wrote:"Huh, thought it was those Jade wizards that healed."  He shrugs, not really his area of expertise really.

"Like I've said. Not a wizard."

As in how your crew's doing so much work.

Ah..

Well they thinks it a bit simple but honest and endearing like kids singing a song for their parents.  And you swear you hear a few of them whistling that damn catchy tune.

I have a feeling it's going to take off ^_^

"Well at least you have manners."

I don't comment.

He's obviously not believing that a man could wield what is obviously magic from multiple colleges AND the Ice magic of Kislev.  But he also knows his subjects wouldn't lie so he asks that you give him a demonstration of all your abilities and asks how strong do you think you are.

Esp considering only WOMEN can be ice witches :p

He calls in a runecarver in to try and dispel you while you're doing this.

The runepriest does his thing...and you're never interrupted in your routine in the slightest.  Obviously you're not using magic of any sort.

"Interesting...very interesting.  Do any others have this gift?"

"Not in this world," I reply. "Though the Avatar is unique in that they are the master of all four elements. Most people can only bend a single element while the Avatar can bend all four."

Avatar Boru
"That didn't look like any deer or pig I've ever seen before.  What crime could that man have done to warrant such punishment?"

He gives you a cold look. "Theft. Rape. Murder."

"I am Avatar Boru.  Master of the Elements.  Who might you be?  What right have you to sick beasts on your fellow man like that?"

"Fellow man," he scoffs. "I am the lord of these estates and judged his as such. His punishment was to be prey. Now I must track him without my hounds. If he escapes I shall hold you responsible, wizard, and then we shall see how your magics compare."

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum