Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Page 11 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Brian Boru on Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:24 am

Psyckosama wrote:It's more I want to know them as people... I'm a bit uncomfortable simply making benders on command. That's all.

Good point.

I'm the Avatar. It's people like that I exist to stop.

True

"Does it have a spirit? If so, yes."

Well they can be resurrected from ash so I guess that makes sense.

More time. Like I said, on command is uncomfortable...

Point.

I want to spend some time looking for myself.

Any traits in particular?

Otherwise, we socialize a bit. Maybe I tell some stories.

I wonder how they'd take to tales involving Dwarfs... from ANOTHER WORLD...

AKA: The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings.

Well it's not a bad story but they guffaw at the Halfling Superbadass described in it and quickly accept that it was being told from the point of view of one.

Avatar Boru

The cake is a lie.

Snerk.

"Not really."

"Huh." I let it drop after that.

"I WILL DRINK FROM YOUR SKULL!"

"JUST TRY IT UGLY!"

He stumbles but he keeps coming."

AAGH!

Your eyes glow as you feel your body start to move on its own. You basically just entered the Avatar State as a defensive measure, handing over control to your previous lives.

You pull back your arms and hit him with a blast of wind so hard it goes flying through the walls you just put up to protect this town. CLEAR through.

As it gets up you strike and form an air shell around it. IT starts to rage and hammer, but it is trapped.

Then you make another motion and debris begins to swirl around it. Then a fire blast, followed by a deluge of water from a nearby stream.

It's floating in the air trapped in a shell of the elements when you make another motion and around that begins to spin two more rings of water which begin to glow and contract.

THe demon starts to howl in rage and terror and it literally begins to boil away inside the shell, it's essence literally being turn apart at the spirit level. Evaporating away as you bring balance to the chaotic energies that literally make up its being.

In moments you hear but a cry of hatred and torment a the shell collapses and the demon dies with a whimper.

Then you exit the avatar state and fall to your knees, exhausted.

Basically, you did this:


...awesome...

Under my breath I mutter, "Thank-you, God, Jesus, Mary, Joseph, Buddha, Odin, Thor, Sigmar, Ulric, Taal, Raava and/or anyone else..."

Getting myself under control I get back to my feet and see the state of the town and it's inhabitants.

I start putting out fires and bending people to freedom. I heal people with waterbending if I have the energy to do so. Finally I drag my carcass to whoever's officially in charge and I slur out. "Sorry for the mess...I'll fix the wall as soon as I my everything stops hurting and I get some sleee...." And at that point I likely collapse into unconsciousness.
avatar
Brian Boru

Posts : 1163
Join date : 2012-08-04
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Psyckosama on Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:37 am

Brian Boru wrote:Well they can be resurrected from ash so I guess that makes sense.

I nod.

Point.

I hope the four don't take offense. I'm not questioning their honor, I just don't know them.

Any traits in particular?

Good character, but an open mind is extremely important as is creativity.

Well it's not a bad story but they guffaw at the Halfling  Superbadass described in it and quickly accept that it was being told from the point of view of one.

Well, less superbadass and more lucky as shit...

I do sing these songs...





I also explain Thorin's run with oathbreaking (which he does correct) as not an example of him being dishourable but a TERRIBLE curse. After being in the presence of such a great and wicked dragon for so long, the gold became cursed with its unnatural and monstrous greed. It infected him with the "Dragon Sickness" as surely as a Great Unclean One will spread Nurgle's Rot, and it took a shock to his system to help him regain his senses and fight off the 'disease'.

Avatar Boru

"Huh."  I let it drop after that.

He's a bit of a serious young man.

"JUST TRY IT UGLY!"

"Please don't encourage it," Heinrich remarks.


...awesome...

Avatar state baby...

Under my breath I mutter, "Thank-you, God, Jesus, Mary, Joseph, Buddha, Odin, Thor, Sigmar, Ulric, Taal, Raava and/or anyone else..."

And what about us?

You can FEEL korra's playfoul pout.

Getting myself under control I get back to my feet and see the state of the town and it's inhabitants.

I start putting out fires and bending people to freedom.

Easily done using the Avatar State. You basically will the fires out and any stone debris is cleared with a flick of the wrist.

I heal people with waterbending if I have the energy to do so.

Not really...

Finally I drag my carcass to whoever's officially in charge and I slur out.  "Sorry for the mess...I'll fix the wall as soon as I my everything stops hurting and I get some sleee...."  And at that point I likely collapse into unconsciousness.

Actually you already fixed the wall.

Though after and before you pass out you do hear Heinrich say, "Alright. What you just did? Next time, start by doing that..."

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Rieverre on Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:11 am

Brian Boru wrote:The next morning Yugachev’s sobered up, and while he’s called back on that offering his daughter’s hand….he’s still willing to make you an offer to work for him.

Well, as I've said before I'm not doing anything more interesting at the moment, and working with him is likely the fastest way to set up force multipliers against the Ruinous Powers. So I'm good to go after I've said my goodbyes to the riders I'd come here with and the locals who now have impressive defenses and a small fort immediately outside of those. Preferably, we're going somewhere with actual records and maps so we can figure out where I'm best employed for my guerrilla engineering skills. ^^
avatar
Rieverre

Posts : 1164
Join date : 2012-12-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Brian Boru on Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:31 am

Psyckosama wrote:hope the four don't take offense. I'm not questioning their honor, I just don't know them.

Understandable.

Good character, but an open mind is extremely important as is creativity.

Might want to look among the engineers then as your best bet...either that or the smithing clans.

Well, less superbadass and more lucky as shit...

I do sing these songs...




Very nice music. Reminds any whose ancestral home is not back under control of the Dwarves of all they’ve lost and intend to regain.

I also explain Thorin's run with oathbreaking (which he does correct) as not an example of him being dishourable but a TERRIBLE curse. After being in the presence of such a great and wicked dragon for so long, the gold became cursed with its unnatural and monstrous greed. It infected him with the "Dragon Sickness" as surely as a Great Unclean One will spread Nurgle's Rot, and it took a shock to his system to help him regain his senses and fight off the 'disease'.

They scoff but you can see a mild nervousness in their eyes.



Avatar Boru

He's a bit of a serious young man.

Duly noted.

"Please don't encourage it," Heinrich remarks.

“...sorry...got caught up in the moment…”

Avatar state baby…

Indeed.

And what about us?

You can FEEL korra's playfoul pout.

In the most utterly flat tone I say…. [i]Thank-you you wonderful woman you, for adding that trick to our repertoire. If you weren’t incorporeal right now I’d kiss ya.”

Easily done using the Avatar State. You basically will the fires out and any stone debris is cleared with a flick of the wrist.

Good.

Not really…

Right then.

Actually you already fixed the wall.

Ah

Though after and before you pass out you do hear Heinrich say, "Alright. What you just did? Next time, start by doing that..."

When I am able to talk I’ll respond with, “Now that I know I can do that I will.”

“Heinrich, that was a damned Bloodthirster there. Someone or something REALLY wanted us dead and had to have done something HUGE to call one up this far south. We’re going to need to figure out where it came from and any clues of who did it.”

Once I’m up and able I see about me and Heinrich gathering a search party to find where the beast was summoned from and any traces of who did so.


Rieverre wrote:Well, as I've said before I'm not doing anything more interesting at the moment, and working with him is likely the fastest way to set up force multipliers against the Ruinous Powers. So I'm good to go after I've said my goodbyes to the riders I'd come here with and the locals who now have impressive defenses and a small fort immediately outside of those. Preferably, we're going somewhere with actual records and maps so we can figure out where I'm best employed for my guerrilla engineering skills. ^^

Good-byes, blessings, and thanks are given all round. You mount up on a horse given to you by the Ataman as a gift.

Then off you ride to the Boyar’s castle…

roll a d100.
avatar
Brian Boru

Posts : 1163
Join date : 2012-08-04
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Psyckosama on Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:51 am

Brian Boru wrote:Might want to look among the engineers then as your best bet...either that or the smithing clans.

Just looking for individuals. I get to know people...

Very nice music.  Reminds any whose ancestral home is not back under control of the Dwarves of all they’ve lost and intend to regain.

Along those lines, my current plan is to rescue Kazador's kin... and basically kill every orc between me and them, and any who get in my line of sight as well. That will of course involve basically tearing the beating heart out of the Black Crag's defenses. Are there any good dwarfs who'd like to help me capitalize on the gains? One day, in this incarnation or one of my future lives, I hope to help their people regain what has been lost. After all... there's a very good chance I may one day be born as a Dwarf.

The Avatar reincarnation cycle follows the cycles of Water, Earth, Fire, and Air... and I'm a Waterbender by nature. The next of my lives will be an Earthbender...

They scoff but you can see a mild nervousness in their eyes.

"Such a thing can try even the best of us."

Anyways, I'll roll to see the luck I had finding some potental dwarf benders.

Psyckosama carried out 1 launched of one d100 (Image not informed.) :
18

Avatar Boru

“...sorry...got caught up in the moment…”

"Yes, the whole being attacked by a..." GIGANTIC FIREBALL "... demon of chaos moment..."

In the most utterly flat tone I say…. [i]Thank-you you wonderful woman you, for adding that trick to our repertoire.  If you weren’t incorporeal right now I’d kiss ya.”

"... Hey! Hey! Hey! I don't know you like that... but I guess I'll never know anyone like that now... damn my uncle! He broke the Avatar line and now I'm kinda dead but not! It's not fair!"

When I am able to talk I’ll respond with, “Now that I know I can do that I will.”

"Good."

“Heinrich, that was a damned Bloodthirster there.

"I know. I was there."

Someone or something REALLY wanted us dead and had to have done something HUGE to call one up this far south.  We’re going to need to figure out where it came from and any clues of who did it.”

"My guess is 'Angry Beastmen who took you killing the greatest of them personally'... but that's just me."

Once I’m up and able I see about me and Heinrich gathering a search party to find where the beast was summoned from and any traces of who did so.

d100

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Rieverre on Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:02 am

Brian Boru wrote:Good-byes, blessings, and thanks are given all round.  You mount up on a horse given to you by the Ataman as a gift.

Then off you ride to the Boyar’s castle…

roll a d100.

rollan
avatar
Rieverre

Posts : 1164
Join date : 2012-12-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Dice Bot on Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:02 am

The member 'Rieverre' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd100' : 45

Dice Bot

Posts : 102
Join date : 2013-05-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Brian Boru on Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:39 am

Psyckosama wrote:Just looking for individuals. I get to know people…

Right

Along those lines, my current plan is to rescue Kazador's kin... and basically kill every orc between me and them, and any who get in my line of sight as well. That will of course involve basically tearing the beating heart out of the Black Crag's defenses. Are there any good dwarfs who'd like to help me capitalize on the gains? One day, in this incarnation or one of my future lives, I hope to help their people regain what has been lost. After all... there's a very good chance I may one day be born as a Dwarf.

The Avatar reincarnation cycle follows the cycles of Water, Earth, Fire, and Air... and I'm a Waterbender by nature. The next of my lives will be an Earthbender…

“Your Lives?”

As for volunteers...roll a d100.

"Such a thing can try even the best of us."

Anyways, I'll roll to see the luck I had finding some potental dwarf benders.

18

Well after looking around for a while you think you might have found an interesting possibility...two really… twin brothers Thorkar and Thorgar, one and engineer and the other a highly skilled blacksmith.  The two work together exceptionally with both brothers helping the other in their projects.  Thorkar making metal parts for his brother’s devices and Thorgar using his engineering skills to allow his brother’s forge to burn hotter and more consistently along with acquiring better ores and so on and so forth.  You have a gut instinct about these two, metal of all types seems to sing to them.



Avatar Boru

"Yes, the whole being attacked by a..." GIGANTIC FIREBALL "... demon of chaos moment..."

….yeah I got nothing….

"... Hey! Hey! Hey! I don't know you like that... but I guess I'll never know anyone like that now... damn my uncle! He broke the Avatar line and now I'm kinda dead but not! It's not fair!"

OC: How long have we been doing this that the first thing that comes to mind is. ‘DO I SMELL A CHALLENGE?’

IC: Yeah that doesn’t make a whole lot of sense there...almost like the cycle reset from Aang...eh we’ll figure what the blazes happened eventually.

"I know. I was there."

“I know you know.  Just making a point.”

"My guess is 'Angry Beastmen who took you killing the greatest of them personally'... but that's just me."

“Good point.  Didn’t think any of them would have the power to summon something like that…”

d100

Brian Boru carried out 1 launched of one d100 (Image not informed.) :
49


Rieverre wrote:rollan

45

Other than some unpleasant weather you manage to reach Yugachev’s castle with little trouble.

Once there you’re set up in a personal chamber used usually only for guests, prefering to have you separate from the regulars.  A sort of upfront gift for accepting his offer.

Greeting you are two younger people, one is a young man much like his obvious father in size build and manner, by the name of Boris.

The other is a pretty young woman, the younger child and only daughter of Yugachev, Ivana.



No great beauty but cute no?

Either way a dinner is held to welcome you here, meanwhile both Ivana and Boris are interested in this strange notWizard that their father has brought with them.  Boris more so though Ivana keeps polite, though whether she’s less outgoing than her brother or something else has yet to be determined.  Both seem more curious about how you demolished all three of those threats that would normally require Yugachev to call out the rotas maybe even a Pulk to deal with.

If you tell them Boris claps you on the shoulder and calls you friend.  Ivana seems quite taken as well, anything that can ruin Chaos’s day like that is good in their eyes.

The morning you, Yugachev and Boris gather to see how to increase the defenses of the castle while also Boris suggests making a fortification further north to help slow down any raiders coming south.  Any thoughts?
avatar
Brian Boru

Posts : 1163
Join date : 2012-08-04
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Rieverre on Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:42 am

Brian Boru wrote:Other than some unpleasant weather you manage to reach Yugachev’s castle with little trouble.

Once there you’re set up in a personal chamber used usually only for guests, prefering to have you separate from the regulars.  A sort of upfront gift for accepting his offer.

The nice thing about being the Avatar is that the usual concerns about running hot and cold water and plumbing you'd get in this kind of setting are fairly moot when you can provide your own hot and cold running water. So I probably have little to complain about, and servants besides. ^^

First order of business for what I'll do personally after settling in is to hunt down the castle library. I need to check my knowledge of local writing. I can _probably_ manage Reik without too much trouble seeing as it's basically German. Though, granted, Gothic script is likely a pain. Whatever Kislev uses is the question. I can make myself understood and understand what they're saying to me, but if the written language is anything like Cyrlic I'm boned.

Greeting you are two younger people, one is a young man much like his obvious father in size build and manner, by the name of Boris.

The other is a pretty young woman, the younger child and only daughter of Yugachev, Ivana.



No great beauty but cute no?

Not outright striking, but quite pretty. Given the setting and the fact that casual cosmetic magic _isn't_ something practiced here, unlike in, say, D&D, that counts for a lot. Regardless, I'm perfectly pleasant and well heeled and pleasant to both.

Either way a dinner is held to welcome you here, meanwhile both Ivana and Boris are interested in this strange notWizard that their father has brought with them.  Boris more so though Ivana keeps polite, though whether she’s less outgoing than her brother or something else has yet to be determined.  Both seem more curious about how you demolished all three of those threats that would normally require Yugachev to call out the rotas maybe even a Pulk to deal with.

If you tell them Boris claps you on the shoulder and calls you friend.  Ivana seems quite taken as well, anything that can ruin Chaos’s day like that is good in their eyes.

It's perfectly acceptable dinner conversation really, so yes, I might as well relate my time on the steppes. The beauty here is that I don't even need to embellish any to make it a proper boast, I just have to say exactly what happened and that's that. Though I'll probably save Yugachev the embarrassment of relating our 'negotiation' in any detail.

The morning you, Yugachev and Boris gather to see how to increase the defenses of the castle while also Boris suggests making a fortification further north to help slow down any raiders coming south.  Any thoughts?

Well, first of all I'll go around the various walls, simply reinforcing the bedrock and the walls' cohesion. nothing overt really, but it's what I'd start with. Any additions depend on the surrounding countryside, but I'm thinking, bit of extra thickness to the walls, as well as a series of earthworks that would make getting _up_ to the castle by any other way than the main road a royal pain for any larger unit. You know, trenches, rock spikes, moats. Basically the kind of thing that would make a besieging force go 'oh hell no!' just on looking at it.

As for fortifications, I'd have to see a map first, but it seems to me that waystations and outposts along the main roads at set intervals would be a good idea. Both serving as an early warning system, and if there isn't any mess like a Norscan invasion going on, serving as a place where messengers might pick up a fresh horse on their way.
avatar
Rieverre

Posts : 1164
Join date : 2012-12-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Psyckosama on Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:16 pm

Brian Boru wrote:“Your Lives?”

I explain the cycle of reincarnation.

As for volunteers...roll a d100.

Psyckosama carried out 1 launched of one d100 (Image not informed.) :
5

Well after looking around for a while you think you might have found an interesting possibility...two really… twin brothers Thorkar and Thorgar, one and engineer and the other a highly skilled blacksmith.  The two work together exceptionally with both brothers helping the other in their projects.  Thorkar making metal parts for his brother’s devices and Thorgar using his engineering skills to allow his brother’s forge to burn hotter and more consistently along with acquiring better ores and so on and so forth.  You have a gut instinct about these two, metal of all types seems to sing to them.

I ask them to join me and the king. Then make them the offer. They have what I believe are the proper qualities.

Avatar Boru

….yeah I got nothing….

Henrich. He's awesome.

OC: How long have we been doing this that the first thing that comes to mind is. ‘DO I SMELL A CHALLENGE?’

Your call. Wink

IC: Yeah that doesn’t make a whole lot of sense there...almost like the cycle reset from Aang...eh we’ll figure what the blazes happened eventually.

"I think it's because I'm not actually dead. Just kinda dead and cut off. There's another me and that is distributing"

“I know you know.  Just making a point.”

He gives you a look.

“Good point.  Didn’t think any of them would have the power to summon something like that…”



45

No luck.

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Brian Boru on Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:13 am

Rieverre wrote:The nice thing about being the Avatar is that the usual concerns about running hot and cold water and plumbing you'd get in this kind of setting are fairly moot when you can provide your own hot and cold running water. So I probably have little to complain about, and servants besides. ^^

Heh

First order of business for what I'll do personally after settling in is to hunt down the castle library. I need to check my knowledge of local writing. I can _probably_ manage Reik without too much trouble seeing as it's basically German. Though, granted, Gothic script is likely a pain. Whatever Kislev uses is the question. I can make myself understood and understand what they're saying to me, but if the written language is anything like Cyrlic I'm boned.

There IS a small library, no more than 40 books. This isn’t a scholarly family.

Roll a d10 for that front. (as an aside yes you can fluently read Reik)

Not outright striking, but quite pretty. Given the setting and the fact that casual cosmetic magic _isn't_ something practiced here, unlike in, say, D&D, that counts for a lot. Regardless, I'm perfectly pleasant and well heeled and pleasant to both.

Smart move, only Bretonnians are more protective of their women folk as a rule of thumb and living on the edge of Troll country….

It's perfectly acceptable dinner conversation really, so yes, I might as well relate my time on the steppes. The beauty here is that I don't even need to embellish any to make it a proper boast, I just have to say exactly what happened and that's that. Though I'll probably save Yugachev the embarrassment of relating our 'negotiation' in any detail.

They’re paying rapt attention to what you say. Ivana more so it seems….seems the girl is a fangirl of ass-kickers.

Well, first of all I'll go around the various walls, simply reinforcing the bedrock and the walls' cohesion. nothing overt really, but it's what I'd start with. Any additions depend on the surrounding countryside, but I'm thinking, bit of extra thickness to the walls, as well as a series of earthworks that would make getting _up_ to the castle by any other way than the main road a royal pain for any larger unit. You know, trenches, rock spikes, moats. Basically the kind of thing that would make a besieging force go 'oh hell no!' just on looking at it.

It goes rather quickly. And everyone is incredibly impressed with what you accomplish.

As for fortifications, I'd have to see a map first, but it seems to me that waystations and outposts along the main roads at set intervals would be a good idea. Both serving as an early warning system, and if there isn't any mess like a Norscan invasion going on, serving as a place where messengers might pick up a fresh horse on their way.

No invasion but their raids seem to be picking up as your (CONSTANT) encounters seem to signify. As for outposts there are a few outposts with beacons, horns and riders spread across the front line of the border. About 15 of them. Made of wood but on high spots, the idea is to get the message out then get the hell away.




Psyckosama wrote:I explain the cycle of reincarnation.

“That is the most insane thing I’ve ever heard….the soul isn’t a tavern mug.”

5

….Swedish….Bikini….Models…..

Hundreds of Dwarves, when they hear that you plan to march almost swam you to volunteer including scions of noble clans. One of them claim descent through the female line (the male line dying out in the fall) of the kings of the Black Crag. A Snorri Diamondboot. (comes from kicking a troll in the fork and actually managing to bring the big brute down long enough to lop it’s head off.)

I ask them to join me and the king. Then make them the offer. They have what I believe are the proper qualities.

Both brothers, having heard what you did for the Iron Hunters, are there almost before you.

When they hear the offer they immediately take it.

After what feels almost easy after dealing with the vampire blood curse, you now have two new earth benders who specialize in metal bending….insanely good….

As in they notice tiny imperfections master smiths had left behind in the gear the royal hammerers had and then correct them with some slight taps here and there.


Avatar Boru

Henrich. He's awesome.

Straight man it seems.

Your call. Wink

If there’s a way that doesn’t involve Dhar or Necromancy OR making deals with the four or their lackeys….yeah I’ll give it a shot.

"I think it's because I'm not actually dead. Just kinda dead and cut off. There's another me and that is distributing"

“Which MIGHT open some venues for you in the future...not sure what but we’ll see.”

He gives you a look.


“Yeah...in retrospect that was just dumb….”

No luck.

Damn….ah well onwards and forwards then I guess. Once we fix everything up. Though I might do the occasional earth bending sonar whenever we stop.

Brian Boru carried out 1 launched of one d100 (Image not informed.) :
46
avatar
Brian Boru

Posts : 1163
Join date : 2012-08-04
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Psyckosama on Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:24 am

Brian Boru wrote:“That is the most insane thing I’ve ever heard….the soul isn’t a tavern mug.”

"Yet I can contact my past lives going back 10,000 years to Avatar Wan himself, the human who first mastered the four elements and bound himself to the Spirit of Light and Order, Raava in order to seal away the Spirit of Chaos and Darkness, Vaatu."

….Swedish….Bikini….Models…..



[quote]Hundreds of Dwarves, when they hear that you plan to march almost swam you to volunteer including scions of noble clans.  One of them claim descent through the female line (the male line dying out in the fall) of the kings of the Black Crag. A Snorri Diamondboot.  (comes from kicking a troll in the fork and actually managing to bring the big brute down long enough to lop it’s head off.)[quote]

"Then lets go free the throne of your ancestors."

Both brothers, having heard what you did for the Iron Hunters, are there almost before you.

When they hear the offer they immediately take it.  

After what feels almost easy after dealing with the vampire blood curse, you now have two new earth benders who specialize in metal bending….insanely good….

As in they notice tiny imperfections master smiths had left behind in the gear the royal hammerers had and then correct them with some slight taps here and there.

I assume I need to give them basic instruction first. But yeah.

I look to the king. "Satisfied?"

Avatar Boru

Straight man it seems.

More only sane man...

If there’s a way that doesn’t involve Dhar or Necromancy OR making deals with the four or their lackeys….yeah I’ll give it a shot.

Okay...

“Which MIGHT open some venues for you in the future...not sure what but we’ll see.”

"Maybe we can reconnect me to... me... and restore the Avatar line Even if its like... two lines at once. Spirits this is complicated..."

“Yeah...in retrospect that was just dumb….”

"Yeah. Stop that."

Damn….ah well onwards and forwards then I guess. Once we fix everything up.   Though I might do the occasional earth bending sonar whenever we stop.

You don't really know that technique. You could learn it but it would take time...

Anyways, the trip goes without as much as a peep.

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Brian Boru on Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:45 am

Psyckosama wrote:"Yet I can contact my past lives going back 10,000 years to Avatar Wan himself, the human who first mastered the four elements and bound himself to the Spirit of Light and Order, Raava in order to seal away the Spirit of Chaos and Darkness, Vaatu."

"And you sure they ain't just predecessors....almost like your ancestors...?"


*saved*

"Then lets go free the throne of your ancestors."

Snorri clenches his fists and you notice that he has big steel spikes on the toes of his boots. "Yes...lets."

I assume I need to give them basic instruction first. But yeah.

Seems that Dwarfish instinct is coming into play again.

I look to the king. "Satisfied?"

Thorgrim stares in amazed awe at what the two brothers are now capable of. Then a wide grin spreads across his face. "Very, very much so."

So what now? You've got about 2300 Dwarves already ready to march and hundreds more are coming in.


Avatar Boru

More only sane man...

He needs to smile more. This a mad world, if you don't laugh at some of it then you're gonna go down a BAD road.

Okay...

...she's hot okay...

"Maybe we can reconnect me to... me... and restore the Avatar line Even if its like... two lines at once. Spirits this is complicated..."

"That'd mean two Raava's....or would we be sharing her....and for some reason that sounds dirty....wait I managed to contact Roku just fine.....I think you're a free floater here....okay this is getting just plain freaky here...."

"Yeah. Stop that."

"Can't make any promises but I'll try."

You don't really know that technique. You could learn it but it would take time...

Ah...can I practice it at our stops then?

Brian Boru carried out 1 launched of one d100 (Image not informed.) :
15

Anyways, the trip goes without as much as a peep.

Well that's good. I made some big time good will for much of Middenland, got some bank coming down the road....and I need to visit the temple of Morr again...see just what the Hell is Korra here and what can be done for her....without putting her to rest....

Though I also check to see if any message from the South has come yet, I'd imagine that my offer's HAD to gotten some sort of interest in the Imperial court.
avatar
Brian Boru

Posts : 1163
Join date : 2012-08-04
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Psyckosama on Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:16 am

Brian Boru wrote:"And you sure they ain't just predecessors....almost like your ancestors...?"

"When Raava bound herself to Wan, she bound herself to his soul. When he died, his soul reincarnated and brought Raava with it. At least with the Avatar, the soul moves on to its next life after death. The spirit on the otherhand, the sum total of your life experiences, remains behind. I share a soul with my previous lives, but we are not the same person, their spirits are their own as is mine. The reason I can all upon their spirits for knowledge and power is due to the fact that our shared soul provides us a bridge."

Snorri clenches his fists and you notice that he has big steel spikes on the toes of his boots.  "Yes...lets."

I nod.

Seems that Dwarfish instinct is coming into play again.

Half of one, two thirds of the other I guess...

Thorgrim stares in amazed awe at what the two brothers are now capable of.  Then a wide grin spreads across his face. "Very, very much so."

"Earthbenders aren't going to be solely Dwarfs, I warn you now, but I have a feeling your kind will always be the greatest masters. Even if my next life is human, I suspect that he or she will have a Dwarf for a teacher."

So what now?  You've got about 2300 Dwarves already ready to march and hundreds more are coming in.

We move ahead. They link up with the slayer army coming down from the north and I'll pop in the other holds on the way. Then we'll move on Black Crag. My plan is honest to tunnel my way in with Earthbending. Attack them from behind their defenses. If we can get them to move out and crush their forces in the open first then slip away and get them from behind, so much the better. But we're attacking them sideways, not head on. The Orcs are aggressive and delight in the assault. The expect dwarfs to be a slow, methodical force that's like a moving wall of stone that grinds down everything before it. So take advantage. We hit them hard, we hit them fast, we hit them where they're lest expecting it. Instead of being the immovable object, we play the role of the unstoppable force."

Avatar Boru

He needs to smile more. This a mad world, if you don't laugh at some of it then you're gonna go down a BAD road.

"I smile. Sometimes."

...she's hot okay...

Yeah. Money on her ending up with Henrich instead... :p

"That'd mean two Raava's....or would we be sharing her....and for some reason that sounds dirty....wait I managed to contact Roku just fine.....I think you're a free floater here....okay this is getting just plain freaky here...."

"Thank you captain obvious. Any more wisdom for the ages, oh great Avatar?"

"Can't make any promises but I'll try."

*love suffering sigh*

Ah...can I practice it at our stops then?

Not that easy, but I'll let you bank that roll.

Well that's good.  I made some big time good will for much of Middenland, got some bank coming down the road....and I need to visit the temple of Morr again...see just what the Hell is Korra here and what can be done for her....without putting her to rest....

Okay... what do you do?

Though I also check to see if any message from the South has come yet, I'd imagine that my offer's HAD to gotten some sort of interest in the Imperial court.

d100!

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Rieverre on Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:44 am

Brian Boru wrote:There IS a small library, no more than 40 books.  This isn’t a scholarly family.

Roll a d10 for that front.  (as an aside yes you can fluently read Reik)

About what I expected, really. Oh well, that's what merchants are for. And rollan.

Smart move, only Bretonnians are more protective of their women folk as a rule of thumb and living on the edge of Troll country….

Given that this _is_ very much like medieval Europe, she's very likely already betrothed, or at least has prospects.

They’re paying rapt attention to what you say. Ivana more so it seems….seems the girl is a fangirl of ass-kickers.

It's Kislev. That's a perfectly healthy attitude when those same asskickers will likely be the ones making sure you're not getting overrun by Chaos marauders or other unpleasantness.

It goes rather quickly.  And everyone is incredibly impressed with what you accomplish.

Now to see about doing it on a larger scale.

No invasion but their raids seem to be picking up as your (CONSTANT) encounters seem to signify.  As for outposts there are a few outposts with beacons, horns and riders spread across the front line of the border.  About 15 of them.  Made of wood but on high spots, the idea is to get the message out then get the hell away.

The locals have more experience in how raids and invasions have gone previously, so I offer that they point out the most likely avenues of attack and we get to fixing the towns and/or outposts along those up with proper defenses. It's not going to be flashy or glamorous work, but it's probably the best option I can take at the moment.

Just to make sure, I'll go meditate on the tallest tower of the castle to get in touch with my Past Lives. Between all of those, and pretty definitely Kyoshi, there should be some there who are skilled in the movement of troops and deployment during war. Hell, Roku was a Fire Nation noble, and this is the kind of thing nobility is trained in. Might as well put my Avatar-ness to work and try to call on all that knowledge, check if I'm not missing anything obvious and how I could be more efficient.
avatar
Rieverre

Posts : 1164
Join date : 2012-12-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Dice Bot on Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:44 am

The member 'Rieverre' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd10' : 3

Dice Bot

Posts : 102
Join date : 2013-05-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Brian Boru on Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:40 am

Psyckosama wrote:"When Raava bound herself to Wan, she bound herself to his soul. When he died, his soul reincarnated and brought Raava with it. At least with the Avatar, the soul moves on to its next life after death. The spirit on the otherhand, the sum total of your life experiences, remains behind. I share a soul with my previous lives, but we are not the same person, their spirits are their own as is mine. The reason I can all upon their spirits for knowledge and power is due to the fact that our shared soul provides us a bridge."

Interesting...goes against their entire cosmos...but then again you're hurling boulders and fireballs around with no magic so...

Half of one, two thirds of the other I guess...

True

"Earthbenders aren't going to be solely Dwarfs, I warn you now, but I have a feeling your kind will always be the greatest masters. Even if my next life is human, I suspect that he or she will have a Dwarf for a teacher."

"I'd imagine so Manling."

We move ahead. They link up with the slayer army coming down from the north and I'll pop in the other holds on the way. Then we'll move on Black Crag. My plan is honest to tunnel my way in with Earthbending. Attack them from behind their defenses. If we can get them to move out and crush their forces in the open first then slip away and get them from behind, so much the better. But we're attacking them sideways, not head on. The Orcs are aggressive and delight in the assault. The expect dwarfs to be a slow, methodical force that's like a moving wall of stone that grinds down everything before it. So take advantage. We hit them hard, we hit them fast, we hit them where they're lest expecting it. Instead of being the immovable object, we play the role of the unstoppable force."

Right then onwards and southwards you go. Roll a d100 for the trek and another d100 for the welcoming party.

Avatar Boru

"I smile. Sometimes."

I raise an eyebrow (after the fight) "Really? At what?"

Yeah. Money on her ending up with Henrich instead... :p

Well she does seem to like the strong silent types for some reason. (I still deny that out of goddam left field ending)

"Thank you captain obvious. Any more wisdom for the ages, oh great Avatar?"

"Sarcasm doesn't become you Korra. Though if it helps any I might try pulling you out to talk. At least you won't be floating in limbo for ages or whatever it is you and the others do when I'm not going glowy-eyes on someone ass or needing advice."

*love suffering sigh*

dear god we're becoming a Japanese comedy duo...

Not that easy, but I'll let you bank that roll.

Right then.

Okay... what do you do?

Alright this'll be a two stroke plan. At night I'll head for the temple of Morr. I then summon Korra and if I can I'll try and contact Morr again. I apologize for bothering him but there's something that's bothering me. Korra seems to be a ghost or spirit...but she's not connected to our past lives, she can't communicate with them while I can. She didn't die either, we're both sure of it. And as I'm of Water Tribe (I explain how the cycle works) it's almost like I was shoved into her place and now she's just free floating. I realize you've likely never experienced something like her before but any insight on what she is and if there is any way to help her would be appreciated.

d100!

Brian Boru carried out 1 launched of one d100 (Image not informed.) :
39


Rieverre wrote:About what I expected, really. Oh well, that's what merchants are for. And rollan.

3

Yes you can read though a few of the more ancient and/or esoteric words escape you.

Given that this _is_ very much like medieval Europe, she's very likely already betrothed, or at least has prospects.

You wanna ask?

It's Kislev. That's a perfectly healthy attitude when those same asskickers will likely be the ones making sure you're not getting overrun by Chaos marauders or other unpleasantness.

Very true but the sheer bulk so fast is new.

Now to see about doing it on a larger scale.

….how large?

The locals have more experience in how raids and invasions have gone previously, so I offer that they point out the most likely avenues of attack and we get to fixing the towns and/or outposts along those up with proper defenses. It's not going to be flashy or glamorous work, but it's probably the best option I can take at the moment.

There are about 4 major avenues in Yugachev’s lands. They’re quickly pointed out.

Just to make sure, I'll go meditate on the tallest tower of the castle to get in touch with my Past Lives. Between all of those, and pretty definitely Kyoshi, there should be some there who are skilled in the movement of troops and deployment during war. Hell, Roku was a Fire Nation noble, and this is the kind of thing nobility is trained in. Might as well put my Avatar-ness to work and try to call on all that knowledge, check if I'm not missing anything obvious and how I could be more efficient.

Roll a d6 for which one you get.
avatar
Brian Boru

Posts : 1163
Join date : 2012-08-04
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Psyckosama on Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:22 am

Brian Boru wrote:Interesting...goes against their entire cosmos...but then again you're hurling boulders and fireballs around with no magic so...

It's how it works.

"I'd imagine so Manling."

Nod.

Right then onwards and southwards you go.  Roll a d100 for the trek and another d100 for the welcoming party.

Psyckosama carried out 1 launched of one d100 (Image not informed.) :
34

Psyckosama carried out 1 launched of one d100 (Image not informed.) :
10

Avatar Boru

I raise an eyebrow (after the fight) "Really?  At what?"

"Things actually worth smiling over."

Well she does seem to like the strong silent types for some reason. (I still deny that out of goddam left field ending)

Yeah. Seemed like pandering to the fanboys

"Sarcasm doesn't become you Korra.  Though if it helps any I might try pulling you out to talk.  At least you won't be floating in limbo for ages or whatever it is you and the others do when I'm not going glowy-eyes on someone ass or needing advice."

She shudders.

dear god we're becoming a Japanese comedy duo...

Heh.

Alright this'll be a two stroke plan.  At night I'll head for the temple of Morr.  I then summon Korra and if I can I'll try and contact Morr again.   I apologize for bothering him but there's something that's bothering me.  Korra seems to be a ghost or spirit...but she's not connected to our past lives, she can't communicate with them while I can.  She didn't die either, we're both sure of it.  And as I'm of Water Tribe (I explain how the cycle works) it's almost like I was shoved into her place and now she's just free floating.  I realize you've likely never experienced something like her before but any insight on what she is and if there is any way to help her would be appreciated.

Honestly, he has no idea. Frankly you're a new dynamic.

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Brian Boru on Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:53 am

Psyckosama wrote:It's how it works.

Point

34

Well the march went well, 2400 dwarves armed to teeth, with another several hundred from surrounding settlements coming in as you march. Songs of vengeance and grudges made good.

10

Well you reach the rendezvous....and you find the slayers waiting....all 10,000 of them. Slayers have come from just about the entire World's Edge to fight and hopefully die with the Slayer King in the noble goal of retaking the Black Crag from the Grobbi. When they see the two of you the entire valley roars in glee at the arrival of Ungrim the Slayer King and the Vanquisher of Grimgor Ironhide with him.

So...12,800 dwarves....likely the largest concentration of Slayers since the War of Vengence...what do you do with this?



Avatar Boru

"Things actually worth smiling over."

Sure you do Heinrich. I grin. "I'll get you to laugh at something eventually."

Yeah. Seemed like pandering to the fanboys

Indeed. And it will never be mentioned again!

She shudders.

Noticing that I do the closest I can of placing my hand on her shoulder. "That bad? Well in that case I'll see about keeping you out on a more permanent basis...might be a bit hard to explain you to Heinrich though. Oh Heinrich, he's something of a prince....and the first local I gave bending...but he bends the holy fire of the god of wolves, winter, and battle Ulric. You'd like him. Bit of a serious sucker..."

Honestly, he has no idea. Frankly you're a new dynamic.

Damn...ah well we'll figure it out eventually.

"But since you're not dead really you're not really Morr's Jurisdiction are you? Means we've got a few more options....whatever they may be."

So about that 39 with a message to the south?
avatar
Brian Boru

Posts : 1163
Join date : 2012-08-04
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Rieverre on Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:42 am

Brian Boru wrote:Yes you can read though a few of the more ancient and/or esoteric words escape you.

As long as I understand the basic structure and such I should be able to muddle through.

You wanna ask?

Not really. It should become readily apparent in short order given how these things relate to politics.

….how large?

I mean whatever fortified positions/outposts/etc. I end up making in the near future.

There are about 4 major avenues in Yugachev’s lands.  They’re quickly pointed out.

In which case I start planning things out, starting with shoring up the approaches where defenses are weakest. Me and about two dozen people to watch my back for if I'm caught off guard by something should still be reasonably quick where travel is concerned.

Roll a d6 for which one you get.

Rolling for past life contact ^^
avatar
Rieverre

Posts : 1164
Join date : 2012-12-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Dice Bot on Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:42 am

The member 'Rieverre' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd6' : 5

Dice Bot

Posts : 102
Join date : 2013-05-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Psyckosama on Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:39 am

Brian Boru wrote:Well the march went well, 2400 dwarves armed to teeth, with another several hundred from surrounding settlements coming in as you march.  Songs of vengeance and grudges made good.

Well you reach the rendezvous....and you find the slayers waiting....all 10,000 of them.  Slayers have come from just about the entire World's Edge to fight and hopefully die with the Slayer King in the noble goal of retaking the Black Crag from the Grobbi.  When they see the two of you the entire valley roars in glee at the arrival of Ungrim the Slayer King and the Vanquisher of Grimgor Ironhide with him.

So...12,800 dwarves....likely the largest concentration of Slayers since the War of Vengence...what do you do with this?

A bit more than expected.

"The plan is simple. We call out Gorfang Troll-Eater. We conceal the mass of our forces, making him think he's fighting a much weaker foe. One that will perform a satisfying challenge. Then I soften him up and you take him down! After that we tunnel into the hold proper, bypassing their exterior defenses and wipe them out from the bottom up! The ONLY reason to attack the gates will be to deny them the chance to flee! The Orcs' success has always been found their opportunism. I believe they call it Brutal Cunning and being Cunningly Brutal. Personally I think it really just boils down to luck. They're always capitalized on the misfortune of others. Well, sorry to say but your lucks run out, boyz!"

"We will take from them EVERY advantage then we we press every one of ours! Orcs are good out in the open, where they can bring their numbers and brute savagery to its best effect, but in close, shoulder to shoulder, where entire kingdoms can fall if one person loses their grit and doesn't hold fast, that is the domain of the Dwarf! Even the open will prove to be their downfall, for there is where I am able to bring the majority of my power to bare. Between my power and your strength we can free these lands! Together, we can take back your homes."

Before the battle starts I want to Earth-bend a series of hidden tunnels into the lower levels of the hold. We can hid their exists. I'll collapse them once the hold is taken. With a full army of dwarfs that should be easier done than said.

Now to lure out the army. I need to take Gorfang prisoner inorder to get the location of the family. Beyond that I'm going to unleash hell on those orcs like I did Grimgor's army.

After that we take out their gates and I move for the family with a fucking army behind me.

The Slayers job is to basically take on the tunnels. The bloody, dangerous work of clearing them is their job... find every orc and kill them all. The others dwarf's job is to sure the lines of supply and consolidate on their brothers gains.

Now to lure that asshole out...

[roll="D100"==]1[/roll]

Avatar Boru

Sure you do Heinrich.  I grin.  "I'll get you to laugh at something eventually."

"With your sense of humor? I seriously doubt it."

Noticing that I do the closest I can of placing my hand on her shoulder.  "That bad?  Well in that case I'll see about keeping you out on a more permanent basis...might be a bit hard to explain you to Heinrich though.  Oh Heinrich, he's something of a prince....and the first local I gave bending...but he bends the holy fire of the god of wolves, winter, and battle Ulric. You'd like him.  Bit of a serious sucker..."

"You trying to set me up or something?" She gives you a look.

Damn...ah well we'll figure it out eventually.

"But since you're not dead really you're not really Morr's Jurisdiction are you?  Means we've got a few more options....whatever they may be."

Alright.

So about that 39 with a message to the south?

Ah. Right. Well... when you get back to Middenheim you find a visitor waiting. Three actually.

Karl-Franz, Vokmar, and Balthazar Gelt.

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Brian Boru on Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:17 pm

Rieverre wrote:As long as I understand the basic structure and such I should be able to muddle through.

Kool

Not really. It should become readily apparent in short order given how these things relate to politics.

Point

I mean whatever fortified positions/outposts/etc. I end up making in the near future.

Ah....thught you were trying to make Ba Sing Se for a moment.

In which case I start planning things out, starting with shoring up the approaches where defenses are weakest. Me and about two dozen people to watch my back for if I'm caught off guard by something should still be reasonably quick where travel is concerned.

Roll a d100 for any shennanigans.

Rolling for past life contact ^^

5

It takes a few moments but eventually you find Avatar Roku standing before you. "Good Day young one. What can I do for you?"


Psyckosama wrote:A bit more than expected.

Dice eh?

"The plan is simple. We call out Gorfang Troll-Eater. We conceal the mass of our forces, making him think he's fighting a much weaker foe. One that will perform a satisfying challenge. Then I soften him up and you take him down! After that we tunnel into the hold proper, bypassing their exterior defenses and wipe them out from the bottom up! The ONLY reason to attack the gates will be to deny them the chance to flee! The Orcs' success has always been found their opportunism. I believe they call it Brutal Cunning and being Cunningly Brutal. Personally I think it really just boils down to luck. They're always capitalized on the misfortune of others. Well, sorry to say but your lucks run out, boyz!"

"We will take from them EVERY advantage then we we press every one of ours! Orcs are good out in the open, where they can bring their numbers and brute savagery to its best effect, but in close, shoulder to shoulder, where entire kingdoms can fall if one person loses their grit and doesn't hold fast, that is the domain of the Dwarf! Even the open will prove to be their downfall, for there is where I am able to bring the majority of my power to bare. Between my power and your strength we can free these lands! Together, we can take back your homes."

Before the battle starts I want to Earth-bend a series of hidden tunnels into the lower levels of the hold. We can hid their exists. I'll collapse them once the hold is taken. With a full army of dwarfs that should be easier done than said.

Now to lure out the army. I need to take Gorfang prisoner inorder to get the location of the family. Beyond that I'm going to unleash hell on those orcs like I did Grimgor's army.

After that we take out their gates and I move for the family with a fucking army behind me.

The Slayers job is to basically take on the tunnels. The bloody, dangerous work of clearing them is their job... find every orc and kill them all. The others dwarf's job is to sure the lines of supply and consolidate on their brothers gains.

Now to lure that asshole out...

Understanding your suggestions and gathering advice from Ungrim and the other veterans the dwarves get into position. Then you and your dummy force come to the front gates. A cocaphonous horn is heard and drums hammer in the mountains. The gates open and a swarm of orcs thunder out to do battle with your bait force....the poor fools... Do you have Florina and Johan with you? Or do you keep them elsewhere?



Avatar Boru

"With your sense of humor? I seriously doubt it."

"With that sort of charm they must be lining the streets."

"You trying to set me up or something?" She gives you a look.

"Wow did I word that wrong....I mean Ulrich would match your sensibilities. Boisterous, brave, and connected to winter, wolves and battle. When I mentioned Heinrich I was just wondering how not to let him on to you until I'm sure he's not going to scream Necromancy...which is bad. Very, very, VERY bad."

Ah. Right. Well... when you get back to Middenheim you find a visitor waiting. Three actually.

Karl-Franz, Vokmar, and Balthazar Gelt.

Hurk!

Alright stay calm stay focused.

Right respectful bow (both Eastern and Western) then I introduce myself and ask what all the Arch-Lector had sent in his letter. I'll fill in from there then I tell them my offer to allow an army to comfortably march to Marianburg and bring it back into the empire. I'll even help to open the walls if needed. In return I'd like freedom to work in the Badlands however I see fit.
avatar
Brian Boru

Posts : 1163
Join date : 2012-08-04
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Rieverre on Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:49 pm

Brian Boru wrote:Ah....thught you were trying to make Ba Sing Se for a moment.

... that would be a little excessive and time consuming. Awesome, but time consuming.

... maybe later.

Roll a d100 for any shennanigans.

Ominous. Rolling.

It takes a few moments but eventually you find Avatar Roku standing before you.  "Good Day young one.  What can I do for you?"

"I was hoping to ask my predecessors for any tricks and advice about entrenchment and fortifications crafted through Earthbending, and maybe some lessons on troop movement."

Yeah, I savor the look on his face on hearing that for just a little bit. I bet usually Avatars ask about enlightenment or try to hash out self-doubts. Sadly, I'm not in a position where I can afford to doubt myself much, if at all.

If Roku actually asks why I'll relate to him the current situation and that I suspect marauding hordes of barbarians and slavering monsters alike are likely to descend on the countryside sometime in the immediate future.
avatar
Rieverre

Posts : 1164
Join date : 2012-12-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Dice Bot on Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:49 pm

The member 'Rieverre' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd100' : 91

Dice Bot

Posts : 102
Join date : 2013-05-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Rieverre on Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:38 pm

'Oh, look, the Avatar is trying to travel somewhe ... CHAOS INTERRUPT!'
avatar
Rieverre

Posts : 1164
Join date : 2012-12-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Brian Boru on Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:03 pm

yes and for this round I think Slaanesh needs some love. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
avatar
Brian Boru

Posts : 1163
Join date : 2012-08-04
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Rieverre on Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:07 pm

Brian Boru wrote:yes and for this round I think Slaanesh needs some love. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Great, even if I kill them they're going to be getting off on it.
avatar
Rieverre

Posts : 1164
Join date : 2012-12-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Psyckosama on Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:17 am

Brian Boru wrote:Dice eh?

Aye.

Understanding your suggestions and gathering advice from Ungrim and the other veterans the dwarves get into position.  Then you and your dummy force come to the front gates.  A cocaphonous horn is heard and drums hammer in the mountains.  The gates open and a swarm of orcs thunder out to do battle with your bait force....the poor fools...  Do you have Florina and Johan with you?  Or do you keep them elsewhere?

They're part of my HQ and going to be a my backup during the assault on the interior.

Urgrim, I let choose for himself. He's a good army commander but will be invaluable on the inside.

Anways once the orcs show I block them off with two walls. On in front, one in back, which I then turn into LAVA which I send crashing down on their lines before turning it back into stone, hopefully killing most of their host.

"ATTACK I roar as I take to the air, going after Gorfang and his Wyvern in the full Avatar state. Seriously, look at Aangs battle with Ozai.

When I capture him I give him two choices.

One, he can tell me where Kazador's family is and I'll let him die a proper orc. He doesn't and I'll do to him what I did to Grimgor Ironhide and make him as weak as a Snotling that the Dwarfs can keep as a pet. I'm sure Gork and Mork would look fondly upon him then...

Anyways, once that's done I literally tear open the defenses and move over to the tunnels.

Best plan is, this takes 15 minutes...

Psyckosama carried out 1 launched of one d100 (Image not informed.) :
30

Avatar Boru

"With that sort of charm they must be lining the streets."

"You're hardly the kind of person I like to charm."

"Wow did I word that wrong....I mean Ulrich would match your sensibilities.  Boisterous, brave, and connected to winter, wolves and battle. When I mentioned Heinrich I was just wondering how not to let him on to you until I'm sure he's not going to scream Necromancy...which is bad.  Very, very, VERY bad."

"... Please. I have enough on my plate."


Hurk!

Alright stay calm stay focused.

Right respectful bow (both Eastern and Western) then I introduce myself and ask what all the Arch-Lector had sent in his letter.

With much encouragement for them to show.

I'll fill in from there then I tell them my offer to allow an army to comfortably march to Marianburg and bring it back into the empire.  I'll even help to open the walls if needed.  In return I'd like freedom to work in the Badlands however I see fit.

That is interesting. And if you can do it, they'll allow it and reward you richly. But in exchange, the Grand Theologist and Patriarch would like to examine your powers.

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Brian Boru on Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:01 am

Rieverre wrote:... that would be a little excessive and time consuming. Awesome, but time consuming.

... maybe later.

Heh.

"I was hoping to ask my predecessors for any tricks and advice about entrenchment and fortifications crafted through Earthbending, and maybe some lessons on troop movement."

Yeah, I savor the look on his face on hearing that for just a little bit. I bet usually Avatars ask about enlightenment or try to hash out self-doubts. Sadly, I'm not in a position where I can afford to doubt myself much, if at all.

He blinks for a moment but seems to take in stride well enough. So he then says that he's not the best but after a moment he then says he knows one better for that sort of thing. Avatar Kong, an Earthbender from about 600 years before Roku.

If Roku actually asks why I'll relate to him the current situation and that I suspect marauding hordes of barbarians and slavering monsters alike are likely to descend on the countryside sometime in the immediate future.

"Well that's certainly different. This world is terribly out of balance and as the Avatar it is your duty bring balance in any way you can. Just standing here and I can FEEL the corruption that constantly bombards this world. This world may not be ours but it certainly needs us."

91

Well the work was done with little trouble it's that evening as you lay sleeping in your quarters. You begin having one of those dreams, while your dream logic is perfectly happy where he something is screaming you at the edge of your conscious to wake up NOW! And it's good you did because you just barely manage to twist away from the dagger plunging for your throat. It DID nick you though and you're feeling BAD...and GOOD....through your sleep and poison addled vision you manage to see that a woman, (you think she's a servant you saw before) covered in foul tattoos all over her (and you can see them because she was naked) body. A frustrated look is on her face and she says in a disturbingly alluring voice, "Ahh but you weren't supposed to wake up." Cue sexy pout. "Ah well this makes it more fun." She licks your blood off her knife then leaps into the attack. She's VERY fast and you're not at you a-game...bending might not be wise either, you'd rather not wreck your employer's/host's home if your can help it.


Psyckosama wrote:They're part of my HQ and going to be a my backup during the assault on the interior.

Right.

Urgrim, I let choose for himself. He's a good army commander but will be invaluable on the inside.

He votes to be with the other slayers, they marched on his word and it wouldn't be right to not share their risks.

Anways once the orcs show I block them off with two walls. On in front, one in back, which I then turn into LAVA which I send crashing down on their lines before turning it back into stone, hopefully killing most of their host.

Their howls of anger changed to shock and horror....for a moment.

"ATTACK I roar as I take to the air, going after Gorfang and his Wyvern in the full Avatar state. Seriously, look at Aangs battle with Ozai.

Your baitforce (along with the ambushers if that was the plan) thunder forward like a rockslide. The surviving greenskins going down like nine pins. The slayers then flow into the open gates, the stunned survivors too few and shocked to close or defend the gates before they're killed. You can hear the sounds of THOUSANDS of slayers murderizing greenskins in their hordes below you.

When I capture him I give him two choices.

One, he can tell me where Kazador's family is and I'll let him die a proper orc. He doesn't and I'll do to him what I did to Grimgor Ironhide and make him as weak as a Snotling that the Dwarfs can keep as a pet. I'm sure Gork and Mork would look fondly upon him then...

Anyways, once that's done I literally tear open the defenses and move over to the tunnels.

Best plan is, this takes 15 minutes...

71

Well you find the guy. The only problem was that when you charbroiled his boyz he got caught in the lava and is more than a little cooked himself. Not really in a state to talk right at the moment. He's not dead though or even unconscious just not capable of speech.


Avatar Boru

"You're hardly the kind of person I like to charm."

"It's called sarcasm."

"... Please. I have enough on my plate."

"Right of course. Shutting up now. I'll be sure to summon ya as soon as I can."

And for the rest of the trek I'll do so every chance I can get time alone. When I pull her out I simply talk with her or let her watch me practice, see her opinion and advice or whatever else. I imagine she didn't get much of that before Unaloq and Vaatu decided to pull their shennanigans. I'll try to listen more but I do try to keep it a dialogue and not a monologue.

With much encouragement for them to show.

Right good.

That is interesting. And if you can do it, they'll allow it and reward you richly. But in exchange, the Grand Theologist and Patriarch would like to examine your powers.

"Of course Grand Theologist, Patriarch Gelt." I then go through the basic four elements, including some of the more exotic abilities. Then I show the avatar mode, though I try NOT to cause a widespread panic or whatnot.

"So does that satisfy your curiosity my lords?"
avatar
Brian Boru

Posts : 1163
Join date : 2012-08-04
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum