Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Psyckosama on Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:21 am

Brian Boru wrote:Good now let's move on.

Yes. Lets.

They set to it like ants on a picnic.

Heh.

"Join the Slayer king and the man who did more than anyone to save my family and avenge them?  My does THAT seem like a hard choice."  You just got sarcasm from a Dwarf.....

"A joke? From a Dwarf? Truly a sign of the End Times..."

It ain't but it might be some bruises.

I man up and take it.

I know. Wouldn't be a warrior's end if he couldn't fight back.

True

They LIKE IT!  There's one or two spots that could stand adjusting but they wouldn't dream of touching it in any shape or form whatsoever.  Its....perfect really.

It's a reflection of perception. I'm probably sure the mistakes are the king looks a bit more fierce and heroic than in real life, while the orc more bestial and savage

Erred in all the right directions. Wink

And so everyone is eventually stuffing their damn faces.
 

As am I. Let me guess... MEAT!

LOTS!

WATER TRIBE MAN LOVES MEAT!

Florina is one of the exceptions, demurely enjoying an ale

"You alright? Still adjusting to solid food?"

she got somewhere

You mean like "Everywhere"?

while Johan is trying to compete with a warrior he's sitting near in a drinking contest...somehow the kid is matching him drink for drink....how's he doing that?

Body Mass.


*Avatar Boru*

[quote]"I know that and I've got some feelers out and if I come across anyone I'm impressed with then I'll grant them bending as well.  I just hope I don't end up giving a cultist bending I DON'T want to find out the consequences of that are."[quote]

"Don't worry about that. You'd be energy bending them. You'd sense the taint of chaos."

"And we have confirmation."  I say with a smile.

"Ha!"

I'll just sit this one back....though I'm wondering about that...limbo the hammer is sitting in.

"Sigmar....do you know what...condition the hammer is in?  I mean from what you described it's sitting between the realms of magic and the mortal world...couldn't that be like a portal if something tried to hitch a ride when the hammer was removed?  If they were there on the other side ready to grab hold?"

I glance at Korra.  "One of my skills IS astral projection into the metaphysical world.  Maybe we could pinpoint where the hammer is on both sides before your champion removes it....I don't know what the consequences would be but maybe there might be an out for Korra here....at least give her a chance no?  I realize it's insane but it just seems wrong she doesn't even get a proper after-life and she wasn't even 20 yet."

"She wouldn't have a true material form. She'd be closer to a demonic representation than a true human and even they need a host to fully manifest. You need another method."

"Better not or at least keep it limited to a VERY few.  I shudder at the madness that might erupt if the wrong people heard about what the emperors have been wielding all these years."

"Probably. No idea how that rumor got started honestly."

"Oh, and Taal has a message for you because you seem to be under the delusion you need to be in our major temples to contact us. He has a champion too. You already found Ulric's. You know where Valten is. Find his... and for the gods sake, when you do find my boy, open his chi flows. It'll save us all a lot of trouble. Don't worry about Heinrich's. They're going to work their way open pretty quick with his Firebending and if you forced them open he'd accidentally set himself on fire."

He looks over. "Now get going. You got work to do."

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Brian Boru on Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:39 pm

Rieverre wrote:I have cleansing power. Cleaning power? Maybe scrubbing bubbles? /bad BTVS riff

Never watched it.

I'd appreciate it.

Very well.  When you head down they’ve started working her over...to little effect.  Seems she’s still able to just enjoy that shit.  Getting a little frustrated really.

As to what happened ... I'll give a brief explanation of what happened, and that I cheat horribly when any spiritual effects are trying to take hold. "It's a bit like a drop of ink falling into an ocean."

“Very interesting lad.”  Yugachev comments.



Psyckosama wrote:"A joke? From a Dwarf? Truly a sign of the End Times..."

“Don’t get used to it.”

I man up and take it.

You heal surprisingly quick.

It's a reflection of perception. I'm probably sure the mistakes are the king looks a bit more fierce and heroic than in real life, while the orc more bestial and savage

Erred in all the right directions. Wink

That and it was a gift and the subject is too perfect to mess with.

As am I. Let me guess... MEAT!

Does a bear shit in the woods?

LOTS!

WATER TRIBE MAN LOVES MEAT!

Heh.

"You alright? Still adjusting to solid food?"

Somewhat though she still enjoys her meat rare if she can get away with it.

You mean like "Everywhere"?

I was tempted to say wine but I figured that would have been impossible.

Body Mass.

Possibly.

A warrior, a young one from the look of it, slams a pair of mugs in front of the two of you and challenges you to a drinking contest as well.


*Avatar Boru*

"Don't worry about that. You'd be energy bending them. You'd sense the taint of chaos."

“Good point. Forgot about that.”

"Ha!"

Mild chuckle.

"She wouldn't have a true material form. She'd be closer to a demonic representation than a true human and even they need a host to fully manifest. You need another method."

“Any idea who might know?  Or at least where to start?  Because I was thinking either Verena or Hoeth next, and I REALLY don’t want to involve myself with the latter.”

"Probably. No idea how that rumor got started honestly."

“Who know either.”

"Oh, and Taal has a message for you because you seem to be under the delusion you need to be in our major temples to contact us. He has a champion too. You already found Ulric's. You know where Valten is. Find his... and for the gods sake, when you do find my boy, open his chi flows. It'll save us all a lot of trouble. Don't worry about Heinrich's. They're going to work their way open pretty quick with his Firebending and if you forced them open he'd accidentally set himself on fire."

He looks over. "Now get going. You got work to do."

“...wait there’s more out there? Did anyone else throw their hat in the ring?  Am I going to have to track down Mannan’s?  Or Morrs?  Well maybe not him he deals with the dead….”

However he answers I’ll nod respectfully and bug out.  I do mention to Korra that I will find some way somehow to help her, I swear an oath on this.

When I get back to the other side and if Karl Franz is there I mention what I saw on the other side and tell him what the gods are doing in response to the threat from the North.  The big three are moving and have champions.  I already found one of them.  There are apparently two others.  One in Reikland and the other somewhere around Talabheim.

Then, once I’m sure no one’s around, I tell him about the hammer.
avatar
Brian Boru

Posts : 1163
Join date : 2012-08-04
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Rieverre on Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:59 pm

Brian Boru wrote:Very well.  When you head down they’ve started working her over...to little effect.  Seems she’s still able to just enjoy that shit.  Getting a little frustrated really.

"Oh, come now, that's never going to work," I grumble. "Here, this is how you deal with interrogating a Sensate."

I shoo the interrogator away, then smile. Bend some water out of the air. And then momentarily interrupt the sensations coming from one of her hands.

"Let's put it plainly. Tell us what we want to know, and we'll kill you, and send your soul on to be eaten by your Prince of Pleasure. Don't and we won't ... and I'll make sure you'll spend a long, _long_ life locked away, feeling nothing, experiencing nothing, not even able to hurt yourself, nevermind giving yourself any pleasure. Not being able to feel touch. Not being able to perceive smell. Not being able to taste. Not feeling pain."

I smile.

"I'll let you keep your sight though. Just to make the blankness of the walls and the loss more acute."

“Very interesting lad.”  Yugachev comments.

"There are a few things I haven't shared for exactly this reason," I shrug at the torn up guest room. "Having a few surprises left means I might stay alive longer."
avatar
Rieverre

Posts : 1164
Join date : 2012-12-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Psyckosama on Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:21 pm

Brian Boru wrote:“Don’t get used to it.”

"And here I thought you had a future in comedy..."

You heal surprisingly quick.

Benefits of being the Avatar.

That and it was a gift and the subject is too perfect to mess with.

As we walk out I put an arm around the king's shoulder in a brotherly gesture.

"You know, if I didn't think it would kill me, I'd challenge you to an eating contest. Though not a drinking. My liver would probably explode."

Does a bear shit in the woods?

Do people from Georgia sleep with their relatives?

:p

Somewhat though she still enjoys her meat rare if she can get away with it.

"Some people like rare meat. Me, I love a well done roast."

I look at a server.

"Bring the girl a steak and make it bloody!"

I was tempted to say wine but I figured that would have been impossible.

There are humans. They might break out a bottle or two, just in case.

A warrior, a young one from the look of it, slams a pair of mugs in front of the two of you and challenges you to a drinking contest as well.

"I don't have your constitution friend, and the idea of a drunken Avatar frightens even me so I conceded now. But I will happily share a couple drinks with you. So sit down and tell me your name my good Dwarf."

*Avatar Boru*

“Good point. Forgot about that.”

Korra facepalms. "And here I thought I was unprepared."

“Any idea who might know?  Or at least where to start?  Because I was thinking either Verena or Hoeth next, and I REALLY don’t want to involve myself with the latter.”

"Be a place to start. And Hoeth isn't that bad... For an elven god.'

“Who know either.”

???

“...wait there’s more out there? Did anyone else throw their hat in the ring?  Am I going to have to track down Mannan’s?  Or Morrs?  Well maybe not him he deals with the dead….”

"Don't talk with the Southern Gods much. Morr puts more attention on fighting Nagash and Mannan kind of a dick. Myrmidia might, but we don't get along. Don't ask."

However he answers I’ll nod respectfully and bug out.  I do mention to Korra that I will find some way somehow to help her, I swear an oath on this.

Sigmar cuts you off. "Don't swear any oaths. Especially not here. Never a good idea."

When I get back to the other side and if Karl Franz is there I mention what I saw on the other side and tell him what the gods are doing in response to the threat from the North.  The big three are moving and have champions.  I already found one of them.  There are apparently two others.  One in Reikland and the other somewhere around Talabheim.

He nods and asks for paper and pen. And writes you in his own hand a royal missive stating that all imperial authorities on the command of the emperor himself are to cooperate with you fully and without question in your mission. It's of greatest priority to the security and well being of the Empire.

Find them. Bring them to him. He'll work with the priesthood to create a proper response.

Then, once I’m sure no one’s around, I tell him about the hammer.

He knows.

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Brian Boru on Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:55 am

Rieverre wrote:"Oh, come now, that's never going to work," I grumble. "Here, this is how you deal with interrogating a Sensate."

"Feel free."

I shoo the interrogator away, then smile. Bend some water out of the air. And then momentarily interrupt the sensations coming from one of her hands.

The shock on her face is instant and gratifying.

"Let's put it plainly. Tell us what we want to know, and we'll kill you, and send your soul on to be eaten by your Prince of Pleasure. Don't and we won't ... and I'll make sure you'll spend a long, _long_ life locked away, feeling nothing, experiencing nothing, not even able to hurt yourself, nevermind giving yourself any pleasure. Not being able to feel touch. Not being able to perceive smell. Not being able to taste. Not feeling pain."

I smile.

"I'll let you keep your sight though. Just to make the blankness of the walls and the loss more acute."

With THAT little promise she cracks like an egg. Apparently there is a small cable of Slaaneshi cultists. Their leader, a traveling bard, had given her the knife and the mission. She doesn't know why you need to be dead, but whatever her master and her god want they get.

After a bit of questioning a bard DID come through not long ago. They're not sure where he went or came from but everyone remembers what he looks like.

"There are a few things I haven't shared for exactly this reason," I shrug at the torn up guest room. "Having a few surprises left means I might stay alive longer."

Indeed. Now they need to hunt down the Cult leader and any members of the cabal they can come across. You might be useful in this hunt and he's sure you have some some words to say to him.



Psyckosama wrote:"And here I thought you had a future in comedy..."

Cue punch in shoulder.

Benefits of being the Avatar.

Heh.

As we walk out I put an arm around the king's shoulder in a brotherly gesture.

"You know, if I didn't think it would kill me, I'd challenge you to an eating contest. Though not a drinking. My liver would probably explode."

He laughs like a loon. It's a loud, booming and hearty laugh.

Do people from Georgia sleep with their relatives?

:p

Only if they're further than 4th cousin. The curse of knowing about ones family further than your parents and siblings.

"Some people like rare meat. Me, I love a well done roast."

"Not that well done isn't nice either.

I look at a server.

"Bring the girl a steak and make it bloody!"

A quick nod and barely a moment later the rarest steak you've ever seen is presented before the young looking woman, she tears into it with an almost inhumane gusto, relish on her face. Then about half-way through it she stops mid-chew, blushes like a neon light and demurely cleans her face and eats at a MUCH slower and neater pace.

There are humans. They might break out a bottle or two, just in case.

Well if you ask they eventually find something. Not great wine but not bad.

"I don't have your constitution friend, and the idea of a drunken Avatar frightens even me so I conceded now. But I will happily share a couple drinks with you. So sit down and tell me your name my good Dwarf."

After a snort and chugging down both he says, "Buri Draugursson. I fought with the throng to clear out the Black Crag."

*Avatar Boru*

Korra facepalms. "And here I thought I was unprepared."

"Hey you figured out what you were when you were three. I was 25 cut me some slack!"

"Be a place to start. And Hoeth isn't that bad... For an elven god.'

"Then to Verena I go next...then Hoeth."

"Don't talk with the Southern Gods much. Morr puts more attention on fighting Nagash and Mannan kind of a dick. Myrmidia might, but we don't get along. Don't ask."

Alright then. The big three it is then. "Any idea what Taal's looks like?"

Sigmar cuts you off. "Don't swear any oaths. Especially not here. Never a good idea."

"Very well, then I will merely do the best I can without promise or oath."

He nods and asks for paper and pen. And writes you in his own hand a royal missive stating that all imperial authorities on the command of the emperor himself are to cooperate with you fully and without question in your mission. It's of greatest priority to the security and well being of the Empire.

Find them. Bring them to him. He'll work with the priesthood to create a proper response.

I thank him for the aid and promise I will find the other two. Then a thought comes to me.

"And the retaking of Marienburg? Shall that be on hold until we find the three?"

Makes sense to me forces need to be gathered anyway.

He knows.

"Then once I find the both of them, I will take Sigmar's Chosen and take him to the True Hammer...somewhere in the South around Black Fire Pass where Sigmar disappeared from the world of men."
avatar
Brian Boru

Posts : 1163
Join date : 2012-08-04
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Rieverre on Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:16 am

Brian Boru wrote:With THAT little promise she cracks like an egg.  Apparently there is a small cable of Slaaneshi cultists.  Their leader, a traveling bard, had given her the knife and the mission.  She doesn't know why you need to be dead, but whatever her master and her god want they get.

After a bit of questioning a bard DID come through not long ago.  They're not sure where he went or came from but everyone remembers what he looks like.

... that sounds about right. It's also a pretty good plan given how troubadours tend to move around if they don't have a patron, and sometimes even if they do.

Indeed.  Now they need to hunt down the Cult leader and any members of the cabal they can come across.  You might be useful in this hunt and he's sure you have some some words to say to him.

It'd be a distraction, but by that same token the bard is likely to be going from population center to population center - not really a lot of potential converts out in the wilds and all. So if they can just give me a writ of some kind and some bodyguards to prevent me getting nearly shanked in my sleep again, I can follow up and improve fortifications of whatever places I visit.

Though, really, first we need to find out where the bard was heading. Possibly they'd know at least something about this at the taverns or the whorehouses.
avatar
Rieverre

Posts : 1164
Join date : 2012-12-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Psyckosama on Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:57 pm

Brian Boru wrote:Cue punch in shoulder.

"Cut it out with the slapstick..."

I smirk.

He laughs like a loon.  It's a loud, booming and hearty laugh.

I laugh with him.

"Not that well done isn't nice either.

"Depends on how well its cooked and spiced."

A quick nod and barely a moment later the rarest steak you've ever seen is presented before the young looking woman, she tears into it with an almost inhumane gusto, relish on her face.  Then about half-way through it she stops mid-chew, blushes like a neon light and demurely cleans her face and eats at a MUCH slower and neater pace.

"Oh, do enjoy yourself."

Well if you ask they eventually find something.  Not great wine but not bad.

Not a wine person, but the lady might like it.

After a snort and chugging down both he says, "Buri Draugursson.  I fought with the throng to clear out the Black Crag."

"Well then. Well fought indeed. I'm glad you were with me."

I pull over two more beers. One for me, one for Buri.

*Avatar Boru*

"Hey you figured out what you were when you were three.  I was 25 cut me some slack!"

She snorts at the memory. "Four actually."

"Then to Verena I go next...then Hoeth."

He nods.

Alright then.  The big three it is then.  "Any idea what Taal's looks like?"

"Might be best to ask him and Rhya personally."

"Very well, then I will merely do the best I can without promise or oath."

"Better. Oaths sworn here are binding on a spiritual level."

I thank him for the aid and promise I will find the other two.  Then a thought comes to me.

"It's my duty. If the gods have chosen you to speak for them and prepare us for what is coming, then you and they have my full thanks"

"And the retaking of Marienburg?  Shall that be on hold until we find the three?"

"It will give us time to prepare and marshal our armies."

Makes sense to me forces need to be gathered anyway.

Yep

"Then once I find the both of them, I will take Sigmar's Chosen and take him to the True Hammer...somewhere in the South around Black Fire Pass where Sigmar disappeared from the world of men."

He nods again. "I'm sure the Temple of Sigmar will wish to be fully involved in this quest. It's safe to say, should you feel it needed you'll have an army at your beckon call."

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Brian Boru on Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:37 am

Rieverre wrote:... that sounds about right. It's also a pretty good plan given how troubadours tend to move around if they don't have a patron, and sometimes even if they do.

True.

It'd be a distraction, but by that same token the bard is likely to be going from population center to population center - not really a lot of potential converts out in the wilds and all. So if they can just give me a writ of some kind and some bodyguards to prevent me getting nearly shanked in my sleep again, I can follow up and improve fortifications of whatever places I visit.

Though, really, first we need to find out where the bard was heading. Possibly they'd know at least something about this at the taverns or the whorehouses.

Well the tavern might be a better look, traveling entertainers are expected to work there and a bawdy-house might be a bit TOO obvious.

Well there are two different watering holes in town. One caters to the fighting men, good booze but tavern brawls are common. The other is more welcoming to your average Yuri or Olaf but since they aren't as rich a entertainer might not be paid as well.

Which do you check first? Roll a d10 if you go for the fighting men's tavern, roll a d20 for the civilian's.


Psyckosama wrote:"Cut it out with the slapstick..."

I smirk.

Annoyed huff, but considering he's a dwarf....

I laugh with him.

A good laugh is enjoyed.

"Depends on how well its cooked and spiced."

"Yes but ever since...that I had a forced desire for the rarer styles and it's a hard habit to kick."

"Oh, do enjoy yourself."

"Oh I will but no need to be a savage yes?"

Not a wine person, but the lady might like it.

She seems more comfortable with it. A few Dwarves near her roll their eyes but they chalk it up to funny manling habits.

"Well then. Well fought indeed. I'm glad you were with me."

I pull over two more beers. One for me, one for Buri.

He gladly takes it and takes a long pull, this one he seems to be actually be trying it. He then tells you he's glad that you gathered the forces to lead that attack into the hold. His clan is from the Crag originally but moved to Kazador's hold when the place fell, he'd be with the slayers to clear out his home but he's got more pressing issues at the moment. Seems he's been contending with several others for the hand of a girl and helping to clear the Crag might have clinched him and his family's bid. The biggest damn smile spreads over his face as he waxes poetic about the young lady and he thanks you again because otherwise he'd have never had this chance and he'd fallen hard for the young lady in question. If he'd lost then he might have marched strait to the Slayer Keep.


*Avatar Boru*

She snorts at the memory. "Four actually."

"Alright four but my point still stands you've known almost as long as you can remember what you are and what you can do. I'm muddling along as best I can. And before you say it, if I stopped to meditate to ask a question, I'd likely STILL be in that damn swamp in Sylvania." I end this with a wry grin.

"Might be best to ask him and Rhya personally."

"I'll do that."

"Better. Oaths sworn here are binding on a spiritual level."

"Then I'll be more careful in the future."

"It's my duty. If the gods have chosen you to speak for them and prepare us for what is coming, then you and they have my full thanks"

"Still nice to have the greatest authority in the Empire's approval."

"It will give us time to prepare and marshal our armies."

"That's reasonable."

He nods again. "I'm sure the Temple of Sigmar will wish to be fully involved in this quest. It's safe to say, should you feel it needed you'll have an army at your beckon call."

"A small elite band would work better. An army conspicuous, expensive, and slow. If you have any recommendations I'd be glad to meet them and see how they can handle working with me. Who knows they might become a new bender in the process."
avatar
Brian Boru

Posts : 1163
Join date : 2012-08-04
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Psyckosama on Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:10 am

Brian Boru wrote:
Annoyed huff, but considering he's a dwarf....

"There's a time for seriousness. You can normally tell by all the fire and explosions. Otherwise, have some fun. Life is short, enjoy the moments you get. Your doom will get here when it gets here and not a moment before."

A good laugh is enjoyed.

Laughter is truly the cure for all the world's ills.

"Yes but ever since...that I had a forced desire for the rarer styles and it's a hard habit to kick."

"Might be a lingering trace of the essence, but you're alive and that's what matters."

"Oh I will but no need to be a savage yes?"

"When in Remas, do as the Remans do." I wink.

She seems more comfortable with it.  A few Dwarves near her roll their eyes but they chalk it up to funny manling habits.

I mouth to them "chick thing" when she's not looking.

Then go back to the beer.

He gladly takes it and takes a long pull, this one he seems to be actually be trying it.  He then tells you he's glad that you gathered the forces to lead that attack into the hold.  His clan is from the Crag originally but moved to Kazador's hold when the place fell, he'd be with the slayers to clear out his home but he's got more pressing issues at the moment.  Seems he's been contending with several others for the hand of a girl and helping to clear the Crag might have clinched him and his family's bid.  The biggest damn smile spreads over his face as he waxes poetic about the young lady and he thanks you again because otherwise he'd have never had this chance and he'd fallen hard for the young lady in question.  If he'd lost then he might have marched strait to the Slayer Keep.

I actually give him a manly hug followed by a solid pat on the shoulder. "Congratulations you old dog! I'm glad I could help you. I hope you too have a long life that knows nothing of hardship and sorrows. When you do marry let me know and if I can reasonably make it, I'll make it. I'm hoping to eventually help your people reclaim all your lost holds." I take a swig of my beer. "Being the Avatar means my Duty is to keep the world in balance." I sigh. "And right now this world is badly out of balance. You're a good folk who've suffered through far too much bullshit and helping you is part of that duty. Not that I wouldn't have done so anyways, but its always best when you like your job."

*Avatar Boru*

"Alright four but my point still stands you've known almost as long as you can remember what you are and what you can do.  I'm muddling along as best I can.  And before you say it, if I stopped to meditate to ask a question, I'd likely STILL be in that damn swamp in Sylvania."  I end this with a wry grin.

"Never was much on meditation myself. Look where it go me."

"I'll do that."

"Alright. Off with you then."

"Then I'll be more careful in the future."

"Good."

"Still nice to have the greatest authority in the Empire's approval."

He nods. "Be careful though. My power is not absolute. You'll need to be careful."

"That's reasonable."

He nods.

"A small elite band would work better. An army conspicuous, expensive, and slow.  If you have any recommendations I'd be glad to meet them and see how they can handle working with me.  Who knows they might become a new bender in the process."

"Seek out Luthor Huss. He has a strong following and is a good man. Just make sure he respects the sigmar reborn as his own man and not an agent for his vendetta against the establishment clerics."

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Rieverre on Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:43 pm

Brian Boru wrote:Well the tavern might be a better look, traveling entertainers are expected to work there and a bawdy-house might be a bit TOO obvious.

Well there are two different watering holes in town.  One caters to the fighting men, good booze but tavern brawls are common.  The other is more welcoming to your average Yuri or Olaf but since they aren't as rich a entertainer might not be paid as well.

Which do you check first?  Roll a d10 if you go for the fighting men's tavern, roll a d20 for the civilian's.

The civilian one means less chance of someone properly paranoid interrupting them, I think. Also likely has more visitors, so that's where I think we'd be better off starting.

Rollan.
avatar
Rieverre

Posts : 1164
Join date : 2012-12-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Dice Bot on Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:43 pm

The member 'Rieverre' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd20' : 19

Dice Bot

Posts : 102
Join date : 2013-05-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Brian Boru on Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:11 am

Psyckosama wrote:"There's a time for seriousness. You can normally tell by all the fire and explosions. Otherwise, have some fun. Life is short, enjoy the moments you get. Your doom will get here when it gets here and not a moment before."

Vaguely amused Snort.

Laughter is truly the cure for all the world's ills.

Indeed.

"Might be a lingering trace of the essence, but you're alive and that's what matters."

She places her hand over her heart....and my are those impressive tracts of land... “My beating heart reminds me every moment of every day....and it is wonderful just to hear it beat sometimes.”

"When in Remas, do as the Remans do." I wink.

“And I am still a high-born lady of Sylvannia, no need to be a savage.”

I mouth to them "chick thing" when she's not looking.

Then go back to the beer.

Snorts and raised mugs all around.

I actually give him a manly hug followed by a solid pat on the shoulder. "Congratulations you old dog! I'm glad I could help you. I hope you too have a long life that knows nothing of hardship and sorrows. When you do marry let me know and if I can reasonably make it, I'll make it. I'm hoping to eventually help your people reclaim all your lost holds." I take a swig of my beer. "Being the Avatar means my Duty is to keep the world in balance." I sigh. "And right now this world is badly out of balance. You're a good folk who've suffered through far too much bullshit and helping you is part of that duty. Not that I wouldn't have done so anyways, but its always best when you like your job."

He shrugs out of the hug but he's not really angry, he's still over the moon over getting married and he's saying something about getting his first born named after you when Kazadar abducts you and brings you to sit with him and the royal family. His wife sons and nephews already looking much better just being home. He thanks you again as do his kin, not having a proper chance to when you rescued them.

*Avatar Boru*

"Never was much on meditation myself. Look where it go me."

“Point but it's a balance I guess. To much Spirit and you never get anywhere too little and we go crashing head-long into gods know what.” I shrug my shoulders.

"Alright. Off with you then."

“Good-bye”

He nods. "Be careful though. My power is not absolute. You'll need to be careful."

“Of course you Highness but every bit helps I feel. Is there anywhere that might harass me because of your approval?”

"Seek out Luthor Huss. He has a strong following and is a good man. Just make sure he respects the sigmar reborn as his own man and not an agent for his vendetta against the establishment clerics."

“Huss, I think I've heard about him. He's in Nuln or there about yes?”

If I recall correctly the Grand Theogenist and Lord Magister Balthazar Gelt came along as well. If there's anything they wish to speak with me about then I'll talk with them as well.

Then I go find Heinrich and tell him what I've learned when I went to Sigmar's Temple. That he REALLY is the Chosen of Ulrich and that he's only just scratched the surface of what he'll be capable of. Then I tell him that two other gods have sent chosen to this world. Sigmar and Taal. Sigmar's is somewhere in the Reikland. (I have a general Idea as to where.) The other is somewhere in or around Talabheim. Our new goal is to find them, awaken their strength and get them ready for the Northern Storm.

Eventually we head out again. I say my good-byes again and we head south to the Reikland, looking for one big blonde son of a Blacksmith with the twin-tailed comet on his chest, and news about Luthor Huss and his wereabouts if we can.


Rieverre wrote:The civilian one means less chance of someone properly paranoid interrupting them, I think. Also likely has more visitors, so that's where I think we'd be better off starting.

Rollan.

19

BIG FAIL. Not only has no one heard about him, few seemed to remember that he'd been in town....until you remind them...then things are still fuzzy about the man. Nothing about his features or actions and you get the feeling that the bastard somehow now knows he's been found out and is being persued....
avatar
Brian Boru

Posts : 1163
Join date : 2012-08-04
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Rieverre on Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:05 pm

Brian Boru wrote:BIG FAIL.  Not only has no one heard about him, few seemed to remember that he'd been in town....until you remind them...then things are still fuzzy about the man.  Nothing about his features or actions and you get the feeling that the bastard somehow now knows he's been found out and is being persued....

Annoying but not unexpected.

I'll go over a few of them with waterbending just in case. Most likely the owner and some of the staff. If I'm lucky I might be able to pin down what was done to them to get this effect. If I'm very lucky I might even be able to un-fuck it. Alternatiely just know what I'm looking for in terms of signs of his passing.

Then I'll go try the tavern/inn for the men at arms as well. More disciplined minds (well, some anyway) might be able to yield more information.

rolling d10 to check
avatar
Rieverre

Posts : 1164
Join date : 2012-12-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Dice Bot on Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:05 pm

The member 'Rieverre' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd10' : 3

Dice Bot

Posts : 102
Join date : 2013-05-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Psyckosama on Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:23 am

Brian Boru wrote:Vaguely amused Snort.

I grin.

She places her hand over her heart....and my are those impressive tracts of land... “My beating heart reminds me every moment of every day....and it is wonderful just to hear it beat sometimes.”

I smile kindly. "Again, my pleasure."

“And I am still a high-born lady of Sylvannia, no need to be a savage.”

"My dear, our hosts were at the height of their civilization while humanity's ancestors were living in mud huts and banging rocks was the height of human technological progress on this world. Savage is a word that would never enter my lexicon in reference to them."

Snorts and raised mugs all around.

I raise mine as well.

He shrugs out of the hug but he's not really angry, he's still over the moon over getting married and he's saying something about getting his first born named after you when Kazadar abducts you and brings you to sit with him and the royal family.  His wife sons and nephews already looking much better just being home. He thanks you again as do his kin, not having a proper chance to when you rescued them.

"You're all very welcome and I'm glad to see you all looking so well. The Dwarven constitution never fails to impress me."

I sit down with them. "I think it's only fair I let you in on my plans. The way the Avatar cycle works is a line of Reincarnation. When I die my spirit will pass on and be reborn in another bender who will become the next Avatar. When he passes on it will repeat. I intend to unite the Border Princes and create a land with a strong tradition of supporting the Avatar and a large population of benders to serve as a support base for myself and my successors. The duty of the Avatar is to preserve the balance of the world and this world is deeply unbalanced. One day, there will be peace, but I doubt it will be in my lifetime. At the moment the best I can do is fight the big fires, help the good peoples of this world weather the Storm of Chaos, and aid those people whom I'm able to on the way."

*Avatar Boru*

“Point but it's a balance I guess.  To much Spirit and you never get anywhere too little and we go crashing head-long into gods know what.”  I shrug my shoulders.

"True. Just was making a point.

“Of course you Highness but every bit helps I feel.  Is there anywhere that might harass me because of your approval?”

"Possibly, but you're carrying around a personally written, signed, and sealed letter. You are acting as my personal agent with authority granted directly by me. If anyone so much as gives you a dirty look send world and I'll descend on them with Sigmar's own fury. The fate of the Old World is at stake and I will not have your duties compromised in any way."

“Huss, I think I've heard about him.  He's in Nuln or there about yes?”

If I recall correctly the Grand Theogenist and Lord Magister Balthazar Gelt came along as well.  If there's anything they wish to speak with me about then I'll talk with them as well.  

The Grand Theologist has a letter as well, including a sealed onto to huss. His letter also points out that you've been proven to be an agent of divine will by both the temples of Sigmar and Ulric and are to be treated as a foreign high priest.

Balthazar has a missive carved into a sheet of solid gold with his seal saying that the Colleges are to aid you in any way reasonable.

Then I go find Heinrich and tell him what I've learned when I went to Sigmar's Temple.  That he REALLY is the Chosen of Ulrich and that he's only just scratched the surface of what he'll be capable of.  Then I tell him that two other gods have sent chosen to this world.  Sigmar and Taal.  Sigmar's is somewhere in the Reikland. (I have a general Idea as to where.)  The other is somewhere in or around Talabheim.  Our new goal is to find them, awaken their strength and get them ready for the Northern Storm.

He needs a moment to collect himself. When you see him next he's standing a bit taller. "Well, it's worked this well so far. I want to pray a bit before I leave but I'm ready when you are."

Graf Boris does mention he's going to be legitimizing the boy. "Ulric's own champion. If that doesn't give him the legal right cause to succeed me, nothing well."

Eventually we head out again.  I say my good-byes again and we head south to the Reikland, looking for one big blonde son of a Blacksmith with the twin-tailed comet on his chest, and news about Luthor Huss and his wereabouts if we can.

roll a d100

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Brian Boru on Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:48 am

Rieverre wrote:Annoying but not unexpected.

He's a cult master it kinda comes with the territory.

I'll go over a few of them with waterbending just in case. Most likely the owner and some of the staff. If I'm lucky I might be able to pin down what was done to them to get this effect. If I'm very lucky I might even be able to un-fuck it. Alternatiely just know what I'm looking for in terms of signs of his passing.

It seems he was playing something on a Balalaika when things got...fuzzy though the booze seemed to flow hella fast right after. You might have found his weapon...or at least his favored tool.

Then I'll go try the tavern/inn for the men at arms as well. More disciplined minds (well, some anyway) might be able to yield more information.

rolling d10 to check

3

This time things go much more smoothly, a hardbitten winged lancer, missing an eye and two of his front teeth, mentions that he'd seen the bard leaving the civilian's tavern the same time he covered his tracks. If he recalls correctly, he was heading Southwards, back towards larger settlements.


Psyckosama wrote:I smile kindly. "Again, my pleasure."

Happy smile.

"My dear, our hosts were at the height of their civilization while humanity's ancestors were living in mud huts and banging rocks was the height of human technological progress on this world. Savage is a word that would never enter my lexicon in reference to them."

Well a savage by mankind's standards.

I raise mine as well.

Toothy grins.

"You're all very welcome and I'm glad to see you all looking so well. The Dwarven constitution never fails to impress me."

Chuckles all around.

I sit down with them. "I think it's only fair I let you in on my plans. The way the Avatar cycle works is a line of Reincarnation. When I die my spirit will pass on and be reborn in another bender who will become the next Avatar. When he passes on it will repeat. I intend to unite the Border Princes and create a land with a strong tradition of supporting the Avatar and a large population of benders to serve as a support base for myself and my successors. The duty of the Avatar is to preserve the balance of the world and this world is deeply unbalanced. One day, there will be peace, but I doubt it will be in my lifetime. At the moment the best I can do is fight the big fires, help the good peoples of this world weather the Storm of Chaos, and aid those people whom I'm able to on the way."

"Well now you have the funds to make such a scheme possible." The king says. More seriously he adds, "I've been there before lad. You'll need every advantage you can to control that madhouse. Though if you need the aid, just ask and I'll do what I can. I'm sure any of the other holds will as well."


*Avatar Boru*

"True. Just was making a point.

Agreed.

"Possibly, but you're carrying around a personally written, signed, and sealed letter. You are acting as my personal agent with authority granted directly by me. If anyone so much as gives you a dirty look send world and I'll descend on them with Sigmar's own fury. The fate of the Old World is at stake and I will not have your duties compromised in any way."

"I'll make a list. When the time comes we can put the idiots on the front lines."

The Grand Theologist has a letter as well, including a sealed onto to huss. His letter also points out that you've been proven to be an agent of divine will by both the temples of Sigmar and Ulric and are to be treated as a foreign high priest.

I thank him for the letter and tell him I'll be sure to get the other to Huss when I find him.

Balthazar has a missive carved into a sheet of solid gold with his seal saying that the Colleges are to aid you in any way reasonable.

This one I VERY carefully store away and thank him again for his help. I think I've got the three legs of authority in the empire in my corner, things are going well.

He needs a moment to collect himself. When you see him next he's standing a bit taller. "Well, it's worked this well so far. I want to pray a bit before I leave but I'm ready when you are."

"Glad to see you taking it so well Heinrich. That strength is going to be needed when we face the storm."

Graf Boris does mention he's going to be legitimizing the boy. "Ulric's own champion. If that doesn't give him the legal right cause to succeed me, nothing well."

"If anyone STILL won't accept him then I'll bury every single one of those idiots up to their necks and leave them there until they change their minds."

roll a d100

Brian Boru carried out 1 launched of one d100 (Image not informed.) :
11
avatar
Brian Boru

Posts : 1163
Join date : 2012-08-04
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Rieverre on Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:02 am

Brian Boru wrote:He's a cult master it kinda comes with the territory.

Competent foes are usually annoying. But that much more satisfying to put down.

It seems he was playing something on a Balalaika when things got...fuzzy though the booze seemed to flow hella fast right after.  You might have found his weapon...or at least his favored tool.

Now we know what to ask about ... and what should get smashed first when we find him.

This time things go much more smoothly, a hardbitten winged lancer, missing an eye and two of his front teeth, mentions that he'd seen the bard leaving the civilian's tavern the same time he covered his tracks.  If he recalls correctly, he was heading Southwards, back towards larger settlements.

Sounds like the way to go then. I'll let my host know I'll be following up on that and swing back once it's taken care of. As devastating as a martial attack would be, this has the potential to be equally bad or worse over a longer term, if left to fester.
avatar
Rieverre

Posts : 1164
Join date : 2012-12-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Psyckosama on Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:39 am

Brian Boru wrote:Well a savage by mankind's standards.

And right over her head.

Chuckles all around.

Friendly smile!

"Well now you have the funds to make such a scheme possible." The king says.  More seriously he adds, "I've been there before lad. You'll need every advantage you can to control that madhouse. Though if you need the aid, just ask and I'll do what I can.  I'm sure any of the other holds will as well."

"I probably will be. And of course you know that if you are ever in true need, if it's reasonably possible, I'll be there to help. I'd make it a promises but the next few years are going to be... 'interesting' and I can't say what I'm going to have on my plate and the absolute last thing I want to do is make an oath I can't keep."

Lets continue this and move on.

*Avatar Boru*

"I'll make a list.  When the time comes we can put the idiots on the front lines."

He chuckles. "Just send word and I'll handle the rest."

I thank him for the letter and tell him I'll be sure to get the other to Huss when I find him.

May Sigmar protect you.

This one I VERY carefully store away and thank him again for his help.  I think I've got the three legs of authority in the empire in my corner, things are going well.

the gold seems to GLOW slightly too...

"Glad to see you taking it so well Heinrich.  That strength is going to be needed when we face the storm."

"I'm the chosen of Ulric. I hate the Strength, I just need to master it"

"If anyone STILL won't accept him then I'll bury every single one of those idiots up to their necks and leave them there until they change their minds."

No, he'll do it himself. Wink

11

You make it to the Reikland without incident. Hell, you make it without weather worse than a couple gentle night time showers that you completely miss because you stay at coaching inns and the residences of local nobles (that letter has its advantages!).

So what now?

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum