Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Page 3 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Brian Boru on Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:21 am

Psyckosama wrote:"Like I've said. Not a wizard."

"As you say."

I have a feeling it's going to take off ^_^

Well maybe it will.

Esp considering only WOMEN can be ice witches :p

That makes it worse somehow.

"Not in this world," I reply. "Though the Avatar is unique in that they are the master of all four elements. Most people can only bend a single element while the Avatar can bend all four."

"Interesting. So now that you've been found out do you still intend to work as a miner? For I have an inkling to have you march with the Throng of Karak Kadrin on our next campaign."

Somehow you think this is a test of some sort.



Avatar Boru
He gives you a cold look. "Theft. Rape. Murder."

"All three? Damn and here I thought he didn't bow deep enough when you happened to ride by one day. If he's truly done such heinous crimes then I'll help you track him down. The least I could do."

"Fellow man," he scoffs. "I am the lord of these estates and judged his as such. His punishment was to be prey. Now I must track him without my hounds. If he escapes I shall hold you responsible, wizard, and then we shall see how your magics compare."

"Hunted like a wild animal? Seems sadistic. A rope and a tree would have done the job just fine." I'll help him find the guy but I want to hear the man's story as well if he really did what Vamp boy claims he did then I really can't deny the bastard his blood. If on the other hand Vamp boy's being a sadistic fuck then I'm dusting the fucker.
avatar
Brian Boru

Posts : 1163
Join date : 2012-08-04
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Rieverre on Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:01 am

Brian Boru wrote:For almost a day you stumble along, starving, exhausted, alone.  The land is freezing and the wind howls right to your core.  You're about to collapse when you hear hoofbeats...again...bending yourself into cover you manage to spot who's coming.  A band of mounted warriors....not chaos though...definitely not.

 They're hard looking men but not corrupt.

... might as well take the chance. Nothing better seems to be coming along.

"Hoi! You wouldn't happen to have a bite you could spare for a lost traveler, would you?" I raise my voice, and my hand, in greeting.
avatar
Rieverre

Posts : 1164
Join date : 2012-12-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Psyckosama on Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:07 am

Brian Boru wrote:That makes it worse somehow.

Though it would.

"Interesting.  So now that you've been found out do you still intend to work as a miner?  For I have an inkling to have you march with the Throng of Karak Kadrin on our next campaign."

Somehow you think this is a test of some sort.

"The Dwarfs of this hold have earned my friendship. I will stand with my friends."

Avatar Boru
"All three?  Damn and here I thought he didn't bow deep enough when you happened to ride by one day.  If he's truly done such heinous crimes then I'll help you track him down. The least I could do."

"He broke into a man's home to rob it, thinking he was in the fields, found his wife was still within. Decided to take his liberties before silencing her that she would not be able to identify her attacker. What he did not understand is that there are methods of making even the departed speak."

"Hunted like a wild animal?  Seems sadistic.  A rope and a tree would have done the job just fine."  I'll help him find the guy but I want to hear the man's story as well if he really did what Vamp boy claims he did then I really can't deny the bastard his blood.  If on the other hand Vamp boy's being a sadistic fuck then I'm dusting the fucker.

"He hunted my people, preyed upon them, and now I shall do the same to him."

His eyes narrow. "Now bar my path no longer lest I count you as an accomplice."

You can tell Count Chocula here is pretty annoyed at you...

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Brian Boru on Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:41 pm

Rieverre wrote:... might as well take the chance. Nothing better seems to be coming along.

"Hoi! You wouldn't happen to have a bite you could spare for a lost traveler, would you?" I raise my voice, and my hand, in greeting.

Imagine that scene in the two towers when Eomer wheels his company around to surround Aragorn, Gimli and Legolas and you have a good idea of what your current situation is.

The apparent leader, a slightly bigger and better armed individual speaks up. “And who might you be stranger?”


Psyckosama wrote:"The Dwarfs of this hold have earned my friendship. I will stand with my friends."

He nods, “I see.  I will speak with the Ironhunters I’m sure we can come to an arrangement of lending you to the Throng.  For there is talk of the Warlord Grimgor Ironhide returning from the East.”


Avatar Boru
"He broke into a man's home to rob it, thinking he was in the fields, found his wife was still within. Decided to take his liberties before silencing her that she would not be able to identify her attacker. What he did not understand is that there are methods of making even the departed speak."

Well that isn’t ominous.  “Then let me help you track him down.  To make amends for killing your dogs and losing his trail.”  What do you know a Vampire who’s trying to do his job as a Lord, will wonders never cease.

"He hunted my people, preyed upon them, and now I shall do the same to him."

“Fair Enough My Lord.”

His eyes narrow. "Now bar my path no longer lest I count you as an accomplice."

You can tell Count Chocula here is pretty annoyed at you...

“Bar you?  I’ll help you.”

Turning in the general direction of the runner I do a seismic sense stomp to see if I can track him down.  If I can then I make a rolling wave of swampy ground appear in front of him and just roll him back to our feet.

“Here’s your criminal My Lord….I don’t think I’ve caught your name.”

If I can’t roll him back then I point in the direction he went.  “That way.”
avatar
Brian Boru

Posts : 1163
Join date : 2012-08-04
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Rieverre on Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:55 pm

Brian Boru wrote:Imagine that scene in the two towers when Eomer wheels his company around to surround Aragorn, Gimli and Legolas and you have a good idea of what your current situation is.

The apparent leader, a slightly bigger and better armed individual speaks up. “And who might you be stranger?”

I mightily resist the urge to say 'no-one of consequence'.

"Someone who's gotten himself rather hopelessly lost. All I'm going to say is that it involved someone far to happy-go-lucky for her own good, and one of those old dusty artifacts you _tell_ people they shouldn't _touch_ but do they ever listen? Noooooooo," I say in an exasperated tone of voice. "Name's Blake. Any chance of you telling me where the bloody hell I've ended up?"
avatar
Rieverre

Posts : 1164
Join date : 2012-12-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Psyckosama on Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:43 am

Brian Boru wrote:He nods, “I see.  I will speak with the Ironhunters I’m sure we can come to an arrangement of lending you to the Throng.  For there is talk of the Warlord Grimgor Ironhide returning from the East.”

I nod. "I don't intend to remain within your halls forever but while I do I will stand with your people, and when I leave I will remain a friend to your folk. For now, my power is yours to command as long as it is directed against the enemies of all right and goodly folk."

Standard Dwarven answer. No promises.

"Though I must ask. What year is it on the imperial calender?"

Avatar Boru
Well that isn’t ominous.  “Then let me help you track him down.  To make amends for killing your dogs and losing his trail.”  What do you know a Vampire who’s trying to do his job as a Lord, will wonders never cease.

A shepard cares for his flock, even if he does eat mutton.

“Fair Enough My Lord.”

“Bar you?  I’ll help you.”

"Then you are now my hound. Sniff him down, would you?"

Turning in the general direction of the runner I do a seismic sense stomp to see if I can track him down.  If I can then I make a rolling wave of swampy ground appear in front of him and just roll him back to our feet.

D10

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Brian Boru on Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:32 am

Rieverre wrote:I mightily resist the urge to say 'no-one of consequence'.

Smart. Ungols from what I've gathered don't take kindly to smarm.

"Someone who's gotten himself rather hopelessly lost. All I'm going to say is that it involved someone far to happy-go-lucky for her own good, and one of those old dusty artifacts you _tell_ people they shouldn't _touch_ but do they ever listen? Noooooooo," I say in an exasperated tone of voice. "Name's Blake. Any chance of you telling me where the bloody hell I've ended up?"

They stare at you live you've grown an extra head. "Blake...if that is your name. You're in Troll country....though how you could not know that is unfathomable."

"Obviously some trick by the Kyazak of the North. Better to kill him before he murders all of us." A younger man mutters.

"Quiet." The older one says, "But my kinsman speaks truth. The chaos tribes have become restless and there is talk of a gathering of their dark shamans somewhere in the area...and here you are strange garb and manners..."


Psyckosama wrote:I nod. "I don't intend to remain within your halls forever but while I do I will stand with your people, and when I leave I will remain a friend to your folk. For now, my power is yours to command as long as it is directed against the enemies of all right and goodly folk."

A nod. "You're more aware of our customs than most humans. Saying exactly what you mean. I appreciate that."

Standard Dwarven answer. No promises.

I am seeing that now.

"Though I must ask. What year is it on the imperial calender?"

He has to think on that one for a moment...."It is the year 2520. The 10 of Pflugzeit to be specific."

Avatar Boru
A shepard cares for his flock, even if he does eat mutton.

True.

"Then you are now my hound. Sniff him down, would you?"

"For the moment but I'll do as you command."

D10

Dice gods don't fail me now!

Brian Boru carried out 1 launched of one d10 (Image not informed.) :
8
avatar
Brian Boru

Posts : 1163
Join date : 2012-08-04
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Psyckosama on Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:41 am

Brian Boru wrote:A nod.  "You're more aware of our customs than most humans.  Saying exactly what you mean.  I appreciate that."

I nod. "Thank you. Hearing this pleases me very much."

He has to think on that one for a moment...."It is the year 2520.  The 10 of Pflugzeit to be specific."

I simply nod.

"So, when when do we move out?"

Avatar Boru
A shepard cares for his flock, even if he does eat mutton.

True.

"Then you are now my hound. Sniff him down, would you?"

"For the moment but I'll do as you command."



Dice gods don't fail me now!
8

FAIL!

He rolls his eyes when you point and then motions to you. "Well go, get after him."

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Brian Boru on Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:09 am

Psyckosama wrote:I nod. "Thank you. Hearing this pleases me very much."

He nods.

I simply nod.

"So, when when do we move out?"

Within the fortnight. There is talk that Grimgor is moving South. The Brute has killed many proud warriors of Karak Kadrin. I intend to strike that grudge if I can."


Avatar Boru
FAIL!

DAMN! I found though didn't I?

He rolls his eyes when you point and then motions to you. "Well go, get after him."

"Right your Lordship."

I then dash into the swamp occasionally stomping to keep track of the guy. Once I find him I Earthbend to trip him up then encase his hands and feet in stone before using one of those damn beanbags as a gag.

Then I throw him over my shoulder and bring him back.

"Here you go your lordship."
avatar
Brian Boru

Posts : 1163
Join date : 2012-08-04
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Psyckosama on Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:58 am

Brian Boru wrote:Within the fortnight.  There is talk that Grimgor is moving South.  The Brute has killed many proud warriors of Karak Kadrin.  I intend to strike that grudge if I can."

I nod. "I'd like to suggest that you allow me to do the opening shots. At the least I'll be able to cause glorious havoc before your men give them hell. At best I give your men a hell of a light show and we can all go home and raise a beer to a grudge checked off."

I say that with utmost seriousness.

Avatar Boru
DAMN!  I found though didn't I?

D10 and how do you go through the swamp? You use bending or do you just run through the muck?

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Brian Boru on Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:24 am

Psyckosama wrote:I nod. "I'd like to suggest that you allow me to do the opening shots. At the least I'll be able to cause glorious havoc before your men give them hell. At best I give your men a hell of a light show and we can all go home and raise a beer to a grudge checked off."

I say that with utmost seriousness.

You got him to snort at the lightshow bit, though he then says that Grimgor is unlikely to break like that. He's never been beaten in battle save once and only under the most extreme circumstances. But if you're as powerful as you say you are, then you can certainly make life miserable for the brute.

Unless you have any other questions he'll let you return to the Ironhunters until the throng is called. You're part will be hammered out once they get on the march.

Oddly enough Garagrim seems utterly fascinated by what you do and asks his father if he could see you at your work moving the earth so well.

The king is a bit surprised but allows it. So long as you're not bothered by the prince watching you.



Avatar Boru
D10 and how do you go through the swamp? You use bending or do you just run through the muck?

Harden the ground under my feet as I run. Keeps me dry and gives me something to push off against.

Brian Boru carried out 1 launched of one d10 (Image not informed.) :
4
avatar
Brian Boru

Posts : 1163
Join date : 2012-08-04
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Psyckosama on Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:31 am

Brian Boru wrote:You got him to snort at the lightshow bit, though he then says that Grimgor is unlikely to break like that.  He's never been beaten in battle save once and only under the most extreme circumstances.  But if you're as powerful as you say you are, then you can certainly make life miserable for the brute.

I simple. "You'll see. I'm sorry if I understate myself but better to just show you then have you think me mad."

Unless you have any other questions he'll let you return to the Ironhunters until the throng is called.  You're part will be hammered out once they get on the march.

Right.

Oddly enough Garagrim seems utterly fascinated by what you do and asks his father if he could see you at your work moving the earth so well.

The king is a bit surprised but allows it.  So long as you're not bothered by the prince watching you.

He's welcome to join me and I talk to him about bending in general.

So, can we finish this and move onto the battle as well?

Avatar Boru

Harden the ground under my feet as I run.  Keeps me dry and gives me something to push off against.

You end up running him down and capturing him up to his neck in ice...

Moments later the lord walks up and smiles. "Very well done..."

And he walks to the trapped man who is TERRIFIED.

"And you... have been a very bad boy. You preyed upon what is mine. Now..."

He smiles and pulls the screaming man's head back. "I take my due."

And rips out his throat and starts to drink his blood.

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Rieverre on Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:18 am

Brian Boru wrote:They stare at you live you've grown an extra head.  "Blake...if that is your name.  You're in Troll country....though how you could not know that is unfathomable."

"Obviously some trick by the Kyazak of the North.  Better to kill him before he murders all of us."  A younger man mutters.

"Quiet."  The older one says, "But my kinsman speaks truth.  The chaos tribes have become restless and there is talk of a gathering of their dark shamans somewhere in the area...and here you are strange garb and manners..."

"About yeah high, all antlers and bird feathers and sick-looking green fires?" I ask, describing the chaos sorcerers I'd run into, more or less. "Yes, I can see where that could be a problem. They weren't very friendly. And by that I mean they tried to kill me when I ran across them doing ... something. Involved a lot of chanting and didn't feel right at all."

I shrug.

"So I buried them in a landslide. It's a few hours worth of walking in that direction," I point from where I came. "If you feel like checking it out. Seriously though, that kind of stuff takes a lot out of a guy."
avatar
Rieverre

Posts : 1164
Join date : 2012-12-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Brian Boru on Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:54 pm

Psyckosama wrote:I simple. "You'll see. I'm sorry if I understate myself but better to just show you then have you think me mad."

"We shall see."

He's welcome to join me and I talk to him about bending in general.

While the working Dwarves stumble over the prince coming down into the mines, he tells them to ignore him. He's merely here to observe what is happening.

And he watches you shove the earth and stone around with unadulterated awe on his face.

When you're finished he then asks you how it is you do it. It was proven you're not doing magic but he wants to know more....his eyes are glinting a bit.

So, can we finish this and move onto the battle as well?

...might want to deal with Garagrim...



Avatar Boru
You end up running him down and capturing him up to his neck in ice...

Moments later the lord walks up and smiles. "Very well done..."

And he walks to the trapped man who is TERRIFIED.

"And you... have been a very bad boy. You preyed upon what is mine. Now..."

He smiles and pulls the screaming man's head back. "I take my due."

And rips out his throat and starts to drink his blood.

I fight to hold down my lunch....

"Ah...Vampire...of the von Carsteins yes?"

Once he's done I bow respectfully and continue.

"Now that you've caught and...punished your fugitive....might I ask a favor. Other than the fact I'm in Sylvania I honestly have no Idea where I am and I have nothing but the clothes on my back. If you could give me directions and enough supplies to send me on my way I would be most thankful. As for payment, as you've seen I'm not without my...skills, maybe an arrangement could be made."

While I'd love nothing more than to dust the bastard...it might be wise to orientate myself first before I do anything more.

I give him an example of my abilities, just the basic four but plenty of power behind them to show I have worth and am not to be prey.



Rieverre wrote:"About yeah high, all antlers and bird feathers and sick-looking green fires?" I ask, describing the chaos sorcerers I'd run into, more or less. "Yes, I can see where that could be a problem. They weren't very friendly. And by that I mean they tried to kill me when I ran across them doing ... something. Involved a lot of chanting and didn't feel right at all."

Their weapons bead on you so fast you nearly didn't see it.

I shrug.

"So I buried them in a landslide. It's a few hours worth of walking in that direction," I point from where I came. "If you feel like checking it out. Seriously though, that kind of stuff takes a lot out of a guy."

All of them stare at you. "Buried in a landslide? By yourself?" The leader asks in a surprised voice.

Then in a low tone he says. "Show me."

"Cousin! You can't possibly be-"

"QUIET!" The leader shouts.

He turns back to you. "Can you ride?"

A spare horse is brought forward.
avatar
Brian Boru

Posts : 1163
Join date : 2012-08-04
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Rieverre on Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:15 pm

Brian Boru wrote:Their weapons bead on you so fast you nearly didn't see it.

After that Lord of Change? I'm hard-pressed to even quirk an eyebrow at this.

All of them stare at you.  "Buried in a landslide?  By yourself?"  The leader asks in a surprised voice.

"To start with." Gallic shrug.

Then in a low tone he says. "Show me."

"Cousin!  You can't possibly be-"

"QUIET!" The leader shouts.

He turns back to you.  "Can you ride?"

A spare horse is brought forward.

"Not a big fan. I have alternatives, but I'd rather not be using them right now. Like I said, took at lot out of me," I offer, then approach the horse anyway and get my inner peace, serenity and being the spirit of the world on to hopefully make this ... not too embarrassing.

Might as well show them the spot.
avatar
Rieverre

Posts : 1164
Join date : 2012-12-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Psyckosama on Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:14 pm

Brian Boru wrote:"We shall see."

"We shall."

He's welcome to join me and I talk to him about bending in general.

While the working Dwarves stumble over the prince coming down into the mines, he tells them to ignore him. He's merely here to observe what is happening.

And he watches you shove the earth and stone around with unadulterated awe on his face.  

When you're finished he then asks you how it is you do it.  It was proven you're not doing magic but he wants to know more....his eyes are glinting a bit.[/quote]

"It's called bending, and unlike magic does not come from the winds of magic that blow cross the world from the warp gate, but rather from the world itself. Where I'm from, the world is divided into four great nations. Each of these nations is named for an element, and in each nation the benders control that element."

"The Air Nomads, who's spiritualism and good honor leaves them as airy and flighty as the wind." I form a small spinning ball of wind

"The Water Nation, whose closeness and flexibility leaves them fluid in character." I summon water whip from my canteen which wraps around the vortex

"The Fire Nation, the people of which are possessed of burning passion and drive..." A jet of fire joins the water whip.

"The Earth Kingdom, stalwart and unbending..." gravel does the same.

"Each bending style is found in one of the four. It's something you're born with. People can only bend one element. Save for one. The Avatar: Master of the Elements."

I let my little display break down and direct the water jet into my canteen. "It not something I could teach you, nor something I could give you without changing the fundamental nature of who and what you are."

Avatar Boru
I fight to hold down my lunch....

"Ah...Vampire...of the von Carsteins yes?"

Once he's done I bow respectfully and continue.

"Now that you've caught and...punished your fugitive....might I ask a favor.  Other than the fact I'm in Sylvania I honestly have no Idea where I am and I have nothing but the clothes on my back.  If you could give me directions and enough supplies to send me on my way I would be most thankful. As for payment, as you've seen I'm not without my...skills, maybe an arrangement could be made."

While I'd love nothing more than to dust the bastard...it might be wise to orientate myself first before I do anything more.

I give him an example of my abilities, just the basic four but plenty of power behind them to show I have worth and am not to be prey.

"I've forgiven you killing my hounds. I owe you no favors."

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Brian Boru on Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:09 am

Rieverre wrote:After that Lord of Change? I'm hard-pressed to even quirk an eyebrow at this.

"You have courage."

"To start with." Gallic shrug.

"He's lying."

"Not a big fan. I have alternatives, but I'd rather not be using them right now. Like I said, took at lot out of me," I offer, then approach the horse anyway and get my inner peace, serenity and being the spirit of the world on to hopefully make this ... not too embarrassing.

Might as well show them the spot.

The horse seems to take to you surprisingly well.

You manage to get into the saddle well enough and off you go.

Roll a d10 for how well you stay in the saddle.

OOC: You're Polish aren't you? I figured horse riding was instinctive with ya'll. Razz



Psyckosama wrote:"It's called bending, and unlike magic does not come from the winds of magic that blow cross the world from the warp gate, but rather from the world itself. Where I'm from, the world is divided into four great nations. Each of these nations is named for an element, and in each nation the benders control that element."

Interesting.

"The Air Nomads, who's spiritualism and good honor leaves them as airy and flighty as the wind." I form a small spinning ball of wind

Not too impressed.

"The Water Nation, whose closeness and flexibility leaves them fluid in character." I summon  water whip from my canteen which wraps around the vortex

Useful but again dat philosophy.

"The Fire Nation, the people of which are possessed of burning passion and drive..." A jet of fire joins the water whip.

Much more up their alley.

"The Earth Kingdom, stalwart and unbending..." gravel does the same.

THAT has his attention.

"Each bending style is found in one of the four. It's something you're born with. People can only bend one element. Save for one. The Avatar: Master of the Elements."

"Which is what you are?"

I let my little display break down and direct the water jet into my canteen. "It not something I could teach you, nor something I could give you without changing the fundamental nature of who and what you are."

He looks almost heartbroken at that.

He still comes almost daily to watch you do your work. And you swear once that he try to mimic the Earthbending stances you use. Though the moment you try to catch him doing so he stops immediately.

Soon the Throng is soon called up to march. You bid Ulli and his family good-bye as none of them are part of the regular fighting force.

You find yourself marching nearby the King's Banner. Garagrim is close by and he seems glad to see you. The young Dwarf has taken a liking to you and is fascinated with what you can do. He's not the only one, word has spread through the Hold about the Man who can bend the earth to his will but without magic.

The speeches are made the horns are called and the Throng marches out to deal Grimgor as harsh a blow as possible now that he is weakened.

Roll a d100


Avatar Boru
"I've forgiven you killing my hounds. I owe you no favors."

"Let me rephrase that. Is there any temporary service I could offer that would be worth some provisions and a map?

If not then a finger pointing the way towards drier ground would suffice and we can be out each others hair."
avatar
Brian Boru

Posts : 1163
Join date : 2012-08-04
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Psyckosama on Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:35 am

Brian Boru wrote:Not too impressed.

"They're friendly, good natured, and can suck the air out of your lungs if they see fit."

Useful but again dat philosophy.

"As a Dwarf you should appreciate their ideology on some level. To the Water Tribe family is everything."

THAT has his attention.

I smile.

"Which is what you are?"

"I'm the Avatar..." I say as if it were obvious, "But... I was born Water Tribe. The Avatar is reincarnated into every generation. The previous Avatar was an Air Nomad. The next Avatar would have be of the Earth Kingdom... the Avatar after him would be Fire Nation, only to be proceeded by an Air Nomad. The cycle of reincarnation matches up to the seasons. Air: Autumn. Water: Winter. Earth: Spring. Fire: Summer."

He looks almost heartbroken at that.

"That said, I could give you the ability but it something you'd have to think on. I'd have to energybend your spirit... reach into you itself and basically take the stone that is your stone and carve on it to grant you the ability. It's not something to be done lightly and it's never been done to a dwarf. It would not be wise to risk it."

He still comes almost daily to watch you do your work.  And you swear once that he try to mimic the Earthbending stances you use.  Though the moment you try to catch him doing so he stops immediately.

I walk over and command him to take up the stance again. Then correct it. "You are not an Earthbender, but Earthbeing takes its roots from a style of Hand to Hand combat created via study of the Badger Moles...."

I tell him the story of Oma and Shu and how they created Earthbending.

Soon the Throng is soon called up to march.  You bid Ulli and his family good-bye as none of them are part of the regular fighting force.

"Wish me luck!"

You find yourself marching nearby the King's Banner.  Garagrim is close by and he seems glad to see you.  The young Dwarf has taken a liking to you and is fascinated with what you can do.  He's not the only one, word has spread through the Hold about the Man who can bend the earth to his will but without magic.

I'm polite, I'm friendly, and I'm willing to use my powers to erect a small stone fortress complete with functional midden pits, clean water sources, and barracks for the army every night. Which I then send back to the earth in the morning.

[quote]The speeches are made the horns are called and the Throng marches out to deal Grimgor as harsh a blow as possible now that he is weakened.

I'm quiet. I'm polite. And in private I reiterate that I'm best deployed as a first strike shock weapon. Let me hit them as hard as I can and pull back because my ability to cause damage will be reduced once the battle is joined and his men are within... well... Minimum Safe Distance. And you can almost HEAR the capitalization.

Roll a d100

Psyckosama carried out 1 launched of one d100 (Image not informed.) :
46

Avatar Boru
"Let me rephrase that.  Is there any temporary service I could offer that would be worth some provisions and a map?

If not then a finger pointing the way towards drier ground would suffice and we can be out each others hair."

"What can you do that is of use to me."

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Brian Boru on Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:18 am

Psyckosama wrote:"They're friendly, good natured, and can suck the air out of your lungs if they see fit."

He blinks at the last bit.

"As a Dwarf you should appreciate their ideology on some level. To the Water Tribe family is everything."

"Very True."

"I'm the Avatar..." I say as if it were obvious, "But... I was born Water Tribe. The Avatar is reincarnated into every generation. The previous Avatar was an Air Nomad. The next Avatar would have be of the Earth Kingdom... the Avatar after him would be Fire Nation, only to be proceeded by an Air Nomad. The cycle of reincarnation matches up to the seasons. Air: Autumn. Water: Winter. Earth: Spring. Fire: Summer."

He blinks at that. He's never heard of that sort of thing.

"That said, I could give you the ability but it something you'd have to think on. I'd have to energybend your spirit... reach into you itself and basically take the stone that is your stone and carve on it to grant you the ability. It's not something to be done lightly and it's never been done to a dwarf. It would not be wise to risk it."

He looks tempted...sorely, sorely SORELY tempted. Though he'd rather not do so behind his father's back, AND he's slightly leery of the energybending as you describe it.

I walk over and command him to take up the stance again. Then correct it. "You are not an Earthbender, but Earthbeing takes its roots from a style of Hand to Hand combat created via study of the Badger Moles...."

I tell him the story of Oma and Shu and how they created Earthbending.

A most interesting story and the idea of badger moles is an interesting one. He does take your advice. He many not be able to earth bend but maybe he can be a skilled unarmed fighter in addition to the dual axes he uses.

"Wish me luck!"

They do and Ulli says there's a mug of ale waiting for you.

I'm polite, I'm friendly, and I'm willing to use my powers to erect a small stone fortress complete with functional midden pits, clean water sources, and barracks for the army every night. Which I then send back to the earth in the morning.

You hear the occasional mutters of "Why a manling? And damn that'd be useful." Ungrim and his commanders are impressed and wonder what else you can do.

I'm quiet. I'm polite. And in private I reiterate that I'm best deployed as a first strike shock weapon. Let me hit them as hard as I can and pull back because my ability to cause damage will be reduced once the battle is joined and his men are within... well... Minimum Safe Distance. And you can almost HEAR the capitalization.

"We'll have to remind the slayers to wait just a heart-beat before they charge...else they'll be hit by friendly fire and that is no proper death."

Mild shudders at the idea of a slayer going out like that.

46

The weather is a bitch sometimes but soon the Throng reaches the edge of the badlands. And there, to the North and coming south is the giant dustcloud of Grimgor Ironhide and his Waaagh.

The Dwarves device a plan. Knowing the nature of Orcs the plan is to take the high-ground at the entrance of the pass and wait for the belligerence of the orcs to pull them in. You and the artillary will soften them up then the slayers will be let lose and after them the Regulars will advance if need be. Missile units hurling bolts and bullets as possible.

Anything you wish to add Master Sama?


Avatar Boru
"What can you do that is of use to me."

"Well for one thing. I am something of a wizard. Well not really a wizard but that's the closest term you could apply to me. I have control over the 4 elements Air, Water, Fire, and Earth."

I make a small whirl of air, pull a small ball of water from the swamp, a puff of flame, and make a ball of mud float in my hand.

"Now before you say this is mere party tricks this is what I'm more capable of."

I whirl twisters to knock over a few trees. Pull up a block of ice and use that blade wheel trick Katara did when she fought Pakku. Blast several blasts and streams of flame. Then raise a few big pillars of earth and stone, if runner boy had some metal on him I warp that up as well.

"That is still scratching the surface but I'd rather not ruin your land. Does that satisfy your curiosity?"
avatar
Brian Boru

Posts : 1163
Join date : 2012-08-04
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Psyckosama on Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:34 am

Brian Boru wrote:He blinks at the last bit.

"They tended to speak softly and carry large sticks. They were both the most open and friendly of the nations, to the point where it was seemingly impossible for them to hold a grudge... but if you managed to truly hate you... Air bending was at the same time one of the most non-injurious... and the most ridiculously lethal of the bending arts."

To make my point I create a vacuum blade which cuts an inch thick gouge in stone mine wall... then create basically a spinning sphere of insanely fast wind that I press into the wall creating a spherical indention. It literally tore through the stone leaving a absolutely perfect bowl of destruction.

"Very True."

"And not just the family you're born with. They put the utmost importance on friendship as well. Friends are the kin of your heart."

He blinks at that.  He's never heard of that sort of thing.

"IT is a long story for another time."

He looks tempted...sorely, sorely SORELY tempted.  Though he'd rather not do so behind his father's back, AND he's slightly leery of the energybending as you describe it.

"Honestly I wouldn't even attempt it without spending a long spell in the halls of your gods to get permission first."

A most interesting story and the idea of badger moles is an interesting one.  He does take your advice.  He many not be able to earth bend but maybe he can be a skilled unarmed fighter in addition to the dual axes he uses.

"Every part of your body is a weapon, the most powerful of which are... your mind and your heart. I'd take a comrade with a sharp mind and good heart over even a rune blade."

They do and Ulli says there's a mug of ale waiting for you.

I laugh. "I'll hold you up to that."

You hear the occasional mutters of "Why a manling?  And damn that'd be useful."  Ungrim and his commanders are impressed and wonder what else you can do.

Heh.

"We'll have to remind the slayers to wait just a heart-beat before they charge...else they'll be hit by friendly fire and that is no proper death."

"I hope I don't leave them too disappointed."

Mild shudders at the idea of a slayer going out like that.

I nod

The weather is a bitch sometimes but soon the Throng reaches the edge of the badlands. And there, to the North and coming south is the giant dustcloud of Grimgor Ironhide and his Waaagh.

The Dwarves device a plan.  Knowing the nature of Orcs the plan is to take the high-ground at the entrance of the pass and wait for the belligerence of the orcs to pull them in.  You and the artillary will soften them up then the slayers will be let lose and after them the Regulars will advance if need be. Missile units hurling bolts and bullets as possible.

Anything you wish to add Master Sama?

Draw them in fully. Once inside I can transform it into a literal kill box. I will seal the far side and full it with fire and death. It will be as if the mountains themselves rose up to destroy them."

And if they let me... that's what I do.

When they enter the pass in full, I bring a 50 ft wall up behind them and then... well... unleash everything. Full power of the Avatar. The very same power that allowd Kyoshi to literally reshape the planet against them.

It will rain bolders of ice. The water from the near by mountains will become an avalach of ice spikes. Burning tornados will fall form the skies and the mountains themselves will fall upon them in rage.

I go full on Book of Revelation Old Testament Vengeful God on their Green asses.

Avatar Boru
"Well for one thing.  I am something of a wizard.  Well not really a wizard but that's the closest term you could apply to me.  I have control over the 4 elements Air, Water, Fire, and Earth."

I make a small whirl of air, pull a small ball of water from the swamp, a puff of flame, and make a ball of mud float in my hand.

"Now before you say this is mere party tricks this is what I'm more capable of."

I whirl twisters to knock over a few trees.  Pull up a block of ice and use that blade wheel trick Katara did when she fought Pakku.  Blast several blasts and streams of flame.  Then raise a few big pillars of earth and stone, if runner boy had some metal on him I warp that up as well.

"That is still scratching the surface but I'd rather not ruin your land. Does that satisfy your curiosity?"

He raises an eyebrow. "How good at you at reclaiming farmland?"

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Brian Boru on Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:15 am

Psyckosama wrote:"They tended to speak softly and carry large sticks. They were both the most open and friendly of the nations, to the point where it was seemingly impossible for them to hold a grudge... but if you managed to truly hate you... Air bending was at the same time one of the most non-injurious... and the most ridiculously lethal of the bending arts."

To make my point I create a vacuum blade which cuts an inch thick gouge in stone mine wall... then create basically a spinning sphere of insanely fast wind that I press into the wall creating a spherical indention. It literally tore through the stone leaving a absolutely perfect bowl of destruction.

"Point made."

"And not just the family you're born with. They put the utmost importance on friendship as well. Friends are the kin of your heart."

Nod.

"IT is a long story for another time."

"I would love to hear it someday."

"Honestly I wouldn't even attempt it without spending a long spell in the halls of your gods to get permission first."

He hasn't thought about that.

"Every part of your body is a weapon, the most powerful of which are... your mind and your heart. I'd take a comrade with a sharp mind and good heart over even a rune blade."

"My father has told me that as well."

I laugh. "I'll hold you up to that."

More laughter and good-byes in return.

"I hope I don't leave them too disappointed."

"It would take at least a mountain falling on Grimgor to stop him and even then I would have to dig him out to be sure."

Draw them in fully. Once inside I can transform it into a literal kill box. I will seal the far side and full it with fire and death. It will be as if the mountains themselves rose up to destroy them."

And if they let me... that's what I do.

When they enter the pass in full, I bring a 50 ft wall up behind them and then... well... unleash everything. Full power of the Avatar. The very same power that allowd Kyoshi to literally reshape the planet against them.

It will rain bolders of ice. The water from the near by mountains will become an avalach of ice spikes. Burning tornados will fall form the skies and the mountains themselves will fall upon them in rage.

I go full on Book of Revelation Old Testament Vengeful God on their Green asses.

The others in the king's tent stare a bit at your claims but Ungrim eventually acquiesces to your offers. He feels you wouldn't make such a claim if you didn't have the strength to back it up and if you really can do that ...well then this will be good....very ...very...very...good.

The army positions itself and a few gyrocopters are sent out to draw the Waaagh towards the pass. Grimgor soon notices and soon the Waaagh rushes in towards the positioned army.

Artillary fire rains hell on the greenskins, blasting hundreds to pieces. But they keep coming. Then the thunderers and quarerlers open fire. Thousands of smaller greenskins die. They fall back.

Ungrim turns to you.

"Now lad."

And you unleash unholy hell. The dwarves stare when the wall is raised. They stare agog when the mountains themselves seem to attack the Waaagh. Thousands and thousands of greenskins are dying crushed, drowned, frozen.

Then the firestorms are unleashed, and it is hell on earth.

Eventually though you can no longer keep this barrage up.

You're eyes which had not stopped glowing since you opened your attack dim back to normal and you drop almost bonelessly to the ground. Drained for the moment.

Ungrim stares in awed shock, then he shakes his head and bellows. "Slayers now is the time to search your doom."

The slayers then rush down the pass into the decimated greenskin hordes, wreaking a horrific swath of destruction, but this is no ordinary band of orcs. These are the Ard boyz of Grimgor Ironhide the black orc. They recover and push into the slayers. At the center is a gigantic Orc with a double bladed ax. A tiny shaman seems to point in your general direction and Grimgor bellows.

A horrible roar is heard....Wyvern....a trio of wyverns are descending right onto your position. Shamans riding aback all three.

Roll a d10 for recovery to fight.



Avatar Boru
He raises an eyebrow. "How good at you at reclaiming farmland?"

"Haven't really tried but it shouldn't be too hard. Draining marsh or irrigation? I could do either relatively well."
avatar
Brian Boru

Posts : 1163
Join date : 2012-08-04
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Psyckosama on Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:23 am

Brian Boru wrote:"Point made."

"Good thing they were traditionally pacifists."

"I would love to hear it someday."

"And some day I will tell you."

He hasn't thought about that.

"One does not modify anothers work without asking and your god forged your people as you are for a reason."

"My father has told me that as well."

"Listen to your old man," I grin.

More laughter and good-byes in return.

And we're off!

"It would take at least a mountain falling on Grimgor to stop him and even then I would have to dig him out to be sure."

"Bring a pick."

The others in the king's tent stare a bit at your claims but Ungrim eventually acquiesces to your offers.  He feels you wouldn't make such a claim if you didn't have the strength to back it up and if you really can do that ...well then this will be good....very ...very...very...good.

I smile.

The army positions itself and a few gyrocopters are sent out to draw the Waaagh towards the pass.  Grimgor soon notices and soon the Waaagh rushes in towards the positioned army.

Artillary fire rains hell on the greenskins, blasting hundreds to pieces.  But they keep coming.  Then the thunderers and quarerlers open fire.  Thousands of smaller greenskins die.  They fall back.

Ungrim turns to you.

"Now lad."

I take a deep breath, close my eyes... then open them.

And I speak with a thousand voices. "None will survive."

And then I start to float in mid air and... shit happens.



And you unleash unholy hell.  The dwarves stare when the wall is raised.  They stare agog when the mountains themselves seem to attack the Waaagh.  Thousands and thousands of greenskins are dying crushed, drowned, frozen.

Then the firestorms are unleashed, and it is hell on earth.

Eventually though you can no longer keep this barrage up.

You're eyes which had not stopped glowing since you opened your attack dim back to normal and you drop almost bonelessly to the ground.  Drained for the moment.  

"Just... need to catch my breath just a moment..."

Ungrim stares in awed shock, then he shakes his head and bellows. "Slayers now is the time to search your doom."

The slayers then rush down the pass into the decimated greenskin hordes, wreaking a horrific swath of destruction, but this is no ordinary band of orcs.  These are the Ard boyz of Grimgor Ironhide the black orc.  They recover and push into the slayers.  At the center is a gigantic Orc with a double bladed ax.  A tiny shaman seems to point in your general direction and Grimgor bellows.  

I look on and start to center myself. As soon as I can recomp I'm hitting him directly

A horrible roar is heard....Wyvern....a trio of wyverns are descending right onto your position.  Shamans riding aback all three.

After I swat those knats.

Roll a d10 for recovery to fight.

Psyckosama carried out 1 launched of one d10 (Image not informed.) :
8

Avatar Boru
"Haven't really tried but it shouldn't be too hard.  Draining marsh or irrigation?  I could do either relatively well."

He takes you to an overlook and points to what basically looks like the blighed march out of a horror movie. "Make that into farmland and you will be free to go with my full support."

He looks amused as hell.

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Rieverre on Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:16 am

Brian Boru wrote:"You have courage."

"No offense, but after the day I've had you lot are less intimidating and more a sight for sore eyes."

The horse seems to take to you surprisingly well.

You manage to get into the saddle well enough and off you go.

Roll a d10 for how well you stay in the saddle.

OOC: You're Polish aren't you?  I figured horse riding was instinctive with ya'll. Razz

I've done it before, but it's been a while. Have yet to fall off.

rollan
avatar
Rieverre

Posts : 1164
Join date : 2012-12-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Dice Bot on Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:16 am

The member 'Rieverre' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd10' : 5

Dice Bot

Posts : 102
Join date : 2013-05-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Brian Boru on Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:19 pm

Psyckosama wrote:"Good thing they were traditionally pacifists."

Heh

"And some day I will tell you."

He'll look forward to it.

"One does not modify anothers work without asking and your god forged your people as you are for a reason."

He nods makes sense but he doubts Grungi would begrudge his people having greater control of the stone.  Maybe.

"Listen to your old man," I grin.

"I do."

"Bring a pick."

"I'll bring several."

I take a deep breath, close my eyes... then open them.

And I speak with a thousand voices. "None will survive."

And then I start to float in mid air and... shit happens.


"By all the ancestors...."

"Just... need to catch my breath just a moment..."

"Ye've done more than enough I think."

I look on and start to center myself. As soon as I can recomp I'm hitting him directly

Smart move.

After I swat those knats.

If you've recovered.

8

And you really haven't yet.  You're mobile but blasting the Wyverns out of the sky is a bit beyond you right this second.

You're forced to roll out of the way of several green gouts of flame which take a few hammerers before they can react.

Ungrim and Garagrim are fine but both are outraged at the death of the royal honor-guard.

The Wyverns wheel around to make another pass but before they can attack the gyrocopters run interference and begin and aerial dogfight with the big lizards dropping on of them and driving the other two off. You've got time to recover and make you're next move.

Avatar Boru
He takes you to an overlook and points to what basically looks like the blighted marsh out of a horror movie. "Make that into farmland and you will be free to go with my full support."

He looks amused as hell.

I nod to him respectfully, completely casual.  "As you wish...though you might want to step back...not sure what pulling out the big guns could do to you if you're too close."

Then I meditate for a moment.  Following with a blue glow emitting from my eyes.  Keeping grounded to help sense what I need to do I raise the ground high enough that the water can no longer pool here.  Then I bend the excess water with a sweep of my arms and with a stomp I dig a deep trench that leads to a proper flowing river downhill.  Then I channel the water into my canal and let it begin to flow away.

Once I've finished my work the swamp as far as the eye can see is gone, replaced with wet but perfectly usable arable land.  The rotted plant life will likely work wonders as fertilizer when the land is actually under till.

I then release the avatar state and turn to him.  

"There you go My lord...erm...well this is embarrassing, I still haven't gotten your name have I?  How rude of me."

"Anyway, is there anywhere else you would like me to drain?  Because I might need an hour or so to recover.  Need to catch my breath and all."


Rieverre wrote:"No offense, but after the day I've had you lot are less intimidating and more a sight for sore eyes."

Snorts

I've done it before, but it's been a while. Have yet to fall off.

rollan

5

Right then.

You manage to hang on well enough though some of the younger riders snort at your attempts to stay in the saddle.

You eventually lead them to your fight with the Shamans and the Greater demons.

The horses promptly freak out and the riders have to fight to calm them before they dismount and examine the area....

It only takes a few minutes before they're convinced that yes there were shamans here, there was a seemingly successful ritual, without a demon wreaking much more than just around the immediate area meaning that something had to have gotten rid of it right then and there...

The men turn in stunned shock....

"How did you do that?"
avatar
Brian Boru

Posts : 1163
Join date : 2012-08-04
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Psyckosama on Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:31 pm

Brian Boru wrote:He nods makes sense but he doubts Grungi would begrudge his people having greater control of the stone.  Maybe.

We'll see...

"I do."

"Good."

"I'll bring several."

I laugh.

"By all the ancestors...."

^_^

"Ye've done more than enough I think."

"They're still alive."

And you really haven't yet.  You're mobile but blasting the Wyverns out of the sky is a bit beyond you right this second.

You're forced to roll out of the way of several green gouts of flame which take a few hammerers before they can react.

Ungrim and Garagrim are fine but both are outraged at the death of the royal honor-guard.

I growl and turn my gaze inside.

Korra, Aang, Roku, Kyoshi, Kuruk, Yangchen, all the way back to Wan and Raava herself.

We can't stop now. There are people depending on us.

rolled a 2

I use fire to jet thruster myself into the air like in the Avatar finale, shoot fireballs at the three Wyverns powerful enough to all but vaproize them and literally slam into the ground infront of Ironhide with enough earthbending force to send his minions flying, and put a stone spike through his shaman, and then when he charges trap his feet, and when he trips trap his arms, pull them back behind him so he's helpless, metal bend the armor of his orcs in a lethal manner then... I place my hand on his forehead and do the exact opposite of what I did to the other orc. I SEAL all of his chi flows rendering him as weak as possible, ripping from his his power and strength.

Avatar Boru
I nod to him respectfully, completely casual.  "As you wish...though you might want to step back...not sure what pulling out the big guns could do to you if you're too close."

Then I meditate for a moment.  Following with a blue glow emitting from my eyes.  Keeping grounded to help sense what I need to do I raise the ground high enough that the water can no longer pool here.  Then I bend the excess water with a sweep of my arms and with a stomp I dig a deep trench that leads to a proper flowing river downhill.  Then I channel the water into my canal and let it begin to flow away.

Once I've finished my work the swamp as far as the eye can see is gone, replaced with wet but perfectly usable arable land.  The rotted plant life will likely work wonders as fertilizer when the land is actually under till.

It takes you 20 seconds... and you ever manage to purge this area of warpstone by forcing it deep into the sub-surface clay.

I then release the avatar state and turn to him.  

He looks Gobsmacked.

"There you go My lord...erm...well this is embarrassing, I still haven't gotten your name have I?  How rude of me."

"Sava Von Carstein," he replies still gathering his wits.

"Anyway, is there anywhere else you would like me to drain?  Because I might need an hour or so to recover.  Need to catch my breath and all."

Lies :p

He coughs and gathers himself. "You have paid your debt to me. But if you were to do this to the rest of my... unproductive lands I would pay you well in gold."

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Rieverre on Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:02 pm

Brian Boru wrote:Right then.

You manage to hang on well enough though some of the younger riders snort at your attempts to stay in the saddle.

You eventually lead them to your fight with the Shamans and the Greater demons.

The horses promptly freak out and the riders have to fight to calm them before they dismount and examine the area....

It only takes a few minutes before they're convinced that yes there were shamans here, there was a seemingly successful ritual, without a demon wreaking much more than just around the immediate area meaning that something had to have gotten rid of it right then and there...

The men turn in stunned shock....

"How did you do that?"

"With some effort," I say, earthbending up a rough chair/throne out of the rock and soil and falling back to sit in it. "Earth, Water, Air and Fire ... I can direct those to heed my call. It's a spiritual discipline, but very effective. I gather whatever mystics you know aren't as casual about it?"
avatar
Rieverre

Posts : 1164
Join date : 2012-12-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Brian Boru on Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:46 pm

Psyckosama wrote:We'll see...

Indeed.

"They're still alive."

"Well if you do all of the work, what's left for us?"

I growl and turn my gaze inside.

Korra, Aang, Roku, Kyoshi, Kuruk, Yangchen, all the way back to Wan and Raava herself.

We can't stop now. There are people depending on us.

rolled a 2

At like that you've found the mojo again and you're ready to rip.

I use fire to jet thruster myself into the air like in the Avatar finale, shoot fireballs at the three Wyverns powerful enough to all but vaproize them and literally slam into the ground infront of Ironhide with enough earthbending force to send his minions flying, and put a stone spike through his shaman, and then when he charges trap his feet, and when he trips trap his arms, pull them back behind him so he's helpless, metal bend the armor of his orcs in a lethal manner then... I place my hand on his forehead and do the exact opposite of what I did to the other orc. I SEAL all of his chi flows rendering him as weak as possible, ripping from his his power and strength.

That same brilliant green glow erupts from Grimgor's eyes. And when the light show is gone. Grimgor collapses to the ground. So weak he can barely breath let alone lift an arm to fight. The sheer HATE he gives you with his eyes could melt Gromril.

The greenskins around him are silent for a moment. They seem to realize that they are truly fucked...

"WAAAGH!"

Which means that they'll fight to the death now either attempting to punch through the Dwarf lines or die trying either way is a success in their eyes at this point. And you're right in the center of this. AoE attacks might not be advisable considering the friendlies mixed among them.

At the same time you hear the cry of "DRUNGAR GROB! (if this ain't grammatically correct I apologize)"

Turning around you see that the dwarfs are advancing. They aim to crush the remaining greenskins between the your wall and their steel and gromril.

Artillary fires into their back, though avoiding the wall itself. Sporadic shot and quarrels fire into the greenskin horde. And the warriors advance, like a slow moving avalanche and just as unstoppable.

Again and again, like the slow beating of a gigantic heart the cry is heard again and again. "DRUNGAR GROB! DRUNGAR GROB! DRUNGAR GROB!"



Avatar Boru
It takes you 20 seconds... and you ever manage to purge this area of warpstone by forcing it deep into the sub-surface clay.

Awesome.

He looks Gobsmacked.

Heh.

"Sava Von Carstein," he replies still gathering his wits.

I bow my head. "Lord Sava."

Lies :p

Faster recovery eh?

He coughs and gathers himself. "You have paid your debt to me. But if you were to do this to the rest of my... unproductive lands I would pay you well in gold."

"My pleasure. If your...people all have to live in muck like that then it'd be a crime not to fix the problem. How much are we talking about?"

I mean both, how much land to fix and how much is he willing to pay.



Rieverre wrote:"With some effort," I say, earthbending up a rough chair/throne out of the rock and soil and falling back to sit in it. "Earth, Water, Air and Fire ... I can direct those to heed my call. It's a spiritual discipline, but very effective. I gather whatever mystics you know aren't as casual about it?"

They all rear back in fear.

"Wizard!" one calls.

"Kill him now!"

With that the loud mouth is finally punched for his idiocy.

"QUIET! You've said more than enough and none of it worthwhile. If he had wanted to kill us it would have been easier than snapping a rabbit's neck for him. He means no harm."

He turns to you, "But I would ask if you would allow yourself to be...examined by one of our elders. Better safe than sorry and it would calm any idiots down from hysteria about chaos dealers." He glares at the freely bleeding young man who's clutching his nose at the moment.
avatar
Brian Boru

Posts : 1163
Join date : 2012-08-04
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Rieverre on Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:09 pm

Brian Boru wrote:They all rear back in fear.

"Wizard!" one calls.

"Kill him now!"

With that the loud mouth is finally punched for his idiocy.

"QUIET!  You've said more than enough and none of it worthwhile.  If he had wanted to kill us it would have been easier than snapping a rabbit's neck for him.  He means no harm."

He turns to you, "But I would ask if you would allow yourself to be...examined by one of our elders.  Better safe than sorry and it would calm any idiots down from hysteria about chaos dealers."  He glares at the freely bleeding young man who's clutching his nose at the moment.

"One," I placidly raise a finger. "Not a wizard. Different discipline altogether. Bit closer to a ... well, a shaman, maybe a druid. I'm effectively contracted to a powerful spirit of light and balance."

"Two," I continue, "If that examination comes with a safe place to sleep, a warm meal of preferably some meat and vegetables fried on a spit over an open fire and more than moderately spicy? Lead on. In the interest of fairness? I'm as tired as I am because I had to deal with a Lord of Change on top of burying this place. Deal with me fairly and I have no reason not to respond in kind."

After which I imagine we get back on the steppe and head to wherever their elders are camped.
avatar
Rieverre

Posts : 1164
Join date : 2012-12-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Psyckosama on Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:20 pm

Brian Boru wrote:At like that you've found the mojo again and you're ready to rip.

Oh YEAH!

That same brilliant green glow erupts from Grimgor's eyes.  And when the light show is gone.  Grimgor collapses to the ground.  So weak he can barely breath let alone lift an arm to fight.  The sheer HATE he gives you with his eyes could melt Gromril.

I heft him into the air using his armor...

The greenskins around him are silent for a moment.  They seem to realize that they are truly fucked...

"WAAAGH!"

Which means that they'll fight to the death now either attempting to punch through the Dwarf lines or die trying either way is a success in their eyes at this point.  And you're right in the center of this.  AoE attacks might not be advisable considering the friendlies mixed among them.

At the same time you hear the cry of "DRUNGAR GROB! (if this ain't grammatically correct I apologize)"

Turning around you see that the dwarfs are advancing.  They aim to crush the remaining greenskins between the your wall and their steel and gromril.

Artillary fires into their back, though avoiding the wall itself.  Sporadic shot and quarrels fire into the greenskin horde.  And the warriors advance, like a slow moving avalanche and just as unstoppable.

Again and again, like the slow beating of a gigantic heart the cry is heard again and again. "DRUNGAR GROB!  DRUNGAR GROB! DRUNGAR GROB!"

I smile and take off for the other side of the battle. I dump the Orc with the king and let the avatar state fade. "He's helpless now. I sealed his strength. I'd do more... but I think the slayers might try and slay me if I denied them a proper fighting role in the battle. Let this wall be baptized with orc blood and dwarven steel, as it should be."



Avatar Boru
I bow my head.  "Lord Sava."

He nods back.

Faster recovery eh?

Avatar State. Barely was any effort.

"My pleasure.  If your...people all have to live in muck like that then it'd be a crime not to fix the problem.  How much are we talking about?"

I mean both, how much land to fix and how much is he willing to pay.

He shows you the land and offers you a neat amount of coin. Not a huge amount, but fair.

He also offers to allow you to rest at his castle for as long as you see fit. He does have human kindred and his cooks are some of the best in the county.


Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum