Giant Stompy Robots
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Keeper's Quest

+18
Militia Productions
mithril-blade
Wing101
Silver Sun 17
EagleBlue
Carrnage
Godogma
bzzt3421
Zeitgeist
Rieverre
ShaperV
Deathwings
Robotninja
Brian Boru
ReinZero
Ironforge
Kelenas
Psyckosama
22 posters

Page 16 of 29 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22 ... 29  Next

Go down

Keeper's Quest - Page 16 Empty Re: Keeper's Quest

Post by Deathwings Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:07 am

"Magic for Dumies" books. Razz
More seriously, some books would be nice.
Deathwings
Deathwings

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelenas Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:37 am

Well, we have a magical library, so that should probably contain some spellbooks or the like. Not 100% sure. Other than that, some form of entertainment to help Seth relax - maybe some books/novels if they have such things, or some board or card-games.
Maybe Seth will introduce things like chess or poker, who knows?
Kelenas
Kelenas

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:39 am

your library is... weird... in its function. Some actual BOOK BOOKS would be quite useful...

Psyckosama
Admin

https://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelenas Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:42 am

So... books, games, and some clothes. That look alright to everyone?
Kelenas
Kelenas

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:43 am

Then we get some actual book-books and generally stuff to chase the boredom of waiting for a plan to get executed away. Seeing as, if it's anything like actual life, Seth is going to go through long stretches of boredom between all the excitement. Plus, some of them might actually end up useful.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelenas Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:08 pm

Okay, so to sum up;
- see if a large shipment of iron and a larger smelter can be included in our plan to steal or "steal" the Keeper-charms
- shopping trip for some clothes, books, and games

Works for everybody?
Kelenas
Kelenas

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:21 pm

Yeah.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by ShaperV Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:26 am

Kelenas wrote:Okay, so to sum up;
- see if a large shipment of iron and a larger smelter can be included in our plan to steal or "steal" the Keeper-charms
- shopping trip for some clothes, books, and games

Works for everybody?

Sure. Although unless they have some magical way to move really heavy objects, I expect we'll find that a smelter is a building that has to be constructed where you want it rather than a piece of equipment you can ship around.

ShaperV

Back to top Go down

Post by Robotninja Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:16 am

We should make sure to review our science knowledge every now and then. We don't want to start losing it from disuse.

Robotninja

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:00 pm

“Alright then,” Seth said calmly, “Unless anyone else has something to bring up, I only have one more question, Serena, before I let you go back to your bath...”

She nodded. “Ask.”

“Will this cause undue harm to the Mongrels,” he glanced to Gellor. “I told you I look out for me and mine.”

Serena paused in space, her dead white orbs staring blankly, and unblinking into space. Slowly her head cocked in thought and she nodded, having decided how she would phrase her vision.

“The path will be perilous and lives will be lost,” Serena said, “But if they possess the will to stay the course, they will rise to new and greater heights.”

“Hold up,” Gellor asked, “What kind of loss are we talking about?”

“Yeah,” Tesha chimed in, “And are any of us gonna snuff it?”

Nati glared at her sister and punched her in the arm, earning a cry of annoyance.

Serena glanced over to Seth who simply replied, “Answer them as if I’d asked.”

Serena nodded and stared off blankly again for a moment.

“It will, at times, seem discouraging but the profits to you and yours will far outweigh the costs.”

She paused, “And as long as you’re careful, everyone here will live to see it.”

“So, what kind of profit?” Nati asked, earning a slightly annoyed look from Serena. “What do you mean by new heights?”

“Boss already said he’d let us run the joint,” Tesha pointed out.

“Well I want to double check!”

”Admit it...,” Tesha snorted, “You just wanna know what’s in it for you.”

“Cheeky brat!” Nati bit off.

For a long moment the others simply looked at her levelly before she finally admitted, “What? Everyone else got to ask one!”

“My Sight is beginning to tire. I shall answer this last question, unless my lord has more pressing matters for me to attend?”

“Go ahead,” Seth replied.

Serena nodded and closed her eyes this time, taking a deep breath. “You shall become the first among thieves, and ruled by their kindred, this town will become a refuge for those of mixed blood,” she smirked, “As for you, you shall find a place of great licence under the dominion of your Keeper.”

Tesha started to chuckle. “Oh, under his ‘dominion’, eh? Sound dirty.”

Nati flushed. “I’m sure she didn’t mean it like that!”

Tesha grinned in an almost shark-like manner. “With tits like yours sis, I don’t think she could mean it any other way.”

“Goddamned it brat!” she looked to Serena, “Come on, tell her you didn’t mean it like that!”

“Sorry, I tire,” Serena said with a small smile. “I must rest my gift. Ask again at another time...”

“But! But!”

“Oh relax, Nati,” Gellor said in a comforting tone, “There’s nothing wrong with working under such a delicious young man,” he smirked, “I wouldn’t mind working all close to him myself...”

Nati went gawked at her mentor. “Not you too!”

“Girl, you’re just so easy to tease...”

“I must say, Keeper,” Mentor observed, “They are quite the amusing lot...”

Nati glared at the ghost. “I’m so pleased that I entertain you...”

“As well you should be... carry on... carry on...”.

If looks could kill, and had he not already been dead, the Mentor would probably have caught fire under the force of Nati’s glare.

Gnarl for his part simply howled in amusement.

“Alright, back on track,” Seth said interrupting the revelry, much to Nati’s visible relief, “From the sound of it, we’re all going to come out ahead on this one. You agree?”

There were various nods across the room.

“Good. Now you know this place a hell of a lot better than I do so I’m trusting the execution to you. You know what’s in it for you, so serve me well, and you’ll serve your own interests.”

Gellor nodded. “I understand. If in the long run, what she says is true, then we’re with you..”

Seth nodded. “In that cause, I want you to try and find a way to incorporate the iron into the scheme if at all possible. If not, just arrange a covert buy. I also want you to collect for me as many of your junk weapons as possible.”

Gnarl smiled, picking up on Seth’s intent. “Ah, the boys’ll appreciate that.”

“Thought so,” Seth replied, “Now does anyone else have anything else to say?”

There was a moment of silence.

“No? Good,” he looked at his Advisors, “Any of you want to stay for the planning?”

Both Gnarl and Mentor indicated their interest. Serena on the other hand, simply shook her head.

Almost casually, Seth sent Serena back home and then stood up. “Come on Tesha, I want to do some more light duty shopping. Before calling it quits.”

She nodded. “Sure thing, boss, what do you need?”

“Well, some books and maybe some would be nice, and I could use a larger wardrobe.”

Alright boss, right this way...

---- ---- ----

It was about two hours later that Seth returned to his Inner Sanctum with several packages and a bratty half-elf in tow. Casual shopping had been an interesting experience. It was very clear from the get go that almost anything could be gotten for a price in the Underworld, slaves, drugs, weapons, forbidden magics, all were available if you knew whom to ask, and often even if you weren’t interested.

It had taken some force of will to keep Tesha from testing her new dagger out on some skeezy looking rat of a man who’d offered him a ‘free taste’ of something called Bliss. And by force of will, he meant it took some effort for him to muster up the give a damn needed to stop her.

Finally he decided he didn’t want some drug addled pusher’s guts on his shoes.

When he’d asked her what the problem was, she mentioned that Bluss had been her mother’s poison of choice.

Seth left it at that.

From there they went shopping, a little hole in the wall that Tesha claimed was the absolute height of fashion in town. What Seth found beyond those doors was an impeccably dressed dark elf, and the single most flamboyant being that he’d ever encountered. He was highly animated, and possibly insane, but had a good eye. He’d picked up on the fact Seth was wearing ‘salvaged’ robes with a glance.

He’d pretty much badgered Seth into letting him take his measurements, asked a whole bunch of vague questions, and and then insisted he take them on Tesha too, as he always loved to work with an attractive canvas and she was such a cutie...

Needless to say, he was left confused and several thousand gold poorer with instructions to send someone by in a week to pick up his order, leaving Seth wondering. Was he gay, bi, or just really strange?

Shopping for books was also an experience. It lead him to a interesting little hole in the wall, and he literally meant hole in the wall, as it was pretty much a cavern with a heavy iron door obviously designed to keep out the rabble. Inside the relatively squat but two story high room was filled from floor to ceiling with books of all kind, and behind the counter was a craggy, hideous old man with a scraggly beard and only one good eye who still managed to radiate an almost visible aura of danger.

He was also very expensive, but seemed to know exactly what Seth wanted. Seth asked for a world atlas, he was given his choice of three. He was asked for a book on history, and the old man had his imp fetch an entire encyclopedia. He asked for a beginner’s book on magic, he was showed a tome as thick as a unabridged dictionary that probably could be used as a coffee table.

It was quite intimidating, and very heavy, and extremely expensive... but seemed to be well worth it. He didn’t even want to consider how much he’d spent, but he’d actually had to send word to the Mongrels to send some people buy to pick up his order, which he’d whisked back to his dungeon the first available moment. He did however leave with a couple suggestions on his very person.

Besides that he picked up some simple board and card games, along with amazingly enough, a full set of dice, which gave him ideas...

From there he returned home. He went into his room to read a book, and Tesha abused his hospitality to take a bath in his Swimming Tub.

It was a good book too. It was like a mixture of Pirates of the Caribbean, Horatio Hornblower, and the Flashman series, as told by the ruthless bloody knave of a Captain. Very fantastical, reasonably well written, and if he’d been reading it back home, he’d have applauded it as quite the fascinating fantasy novel... except it wasn’t. It was the memoirs of a real life dread pirate king.

He’d just gotten to the part where the self-proclaimed Commodore Roberts had captured the ship full of virginal initiate priestesses and was about to put them to work wrenching on his island when the door to his bath chambered opened. What he saw sank his battleship. Or surfaced his submarine. Or one of a number of other crude and thematic naval innuendos one could care mention.

Though the door, Tesha entered, walking with a playful little swing to her hips and dressed in little more than a robe with the consistency of tissue paper and a playful, ear to ear smile.

Had he been in a thinking state, he’d have intellectually approved of what he saw. She had the graceful, lithe, and ever so flexible elven figure only found in humans among olympic gymnast and prima ballerinas, but tempered with a hint of humanity, giving her a somewhat fuller bust, wider hips, gentler curves, and overall, a somewhat more voluptuous figure than his previous elven experience... which was to say, Araleth.

All in all, his brain would have approved had it been able to articulate itself besides ‘humana humana humana’...

“So boss,” Tesha said, slinking her way towards the bed, “When you brought me that ring... I said I’d be showin’ you my ‘affection’ all night. I’m a girl who’s good for her word... so how about you put down the book and we get all... affectionate...”

[ ] Thanks but no thanks.
- [ ] And be a bit grumpy about how crude her seduction efforts are. Really now...
[ ] Nod dumbly and fade to black
[ ] Damn it woman, tryin’ to read! Behave yourself and wait for me to finish the chapter!
- [ ] And remark that he was wondering when she’d finish.
[ ] This calls for reinforcements! Oh Araleth!
- [ ] Because the Keeper wants a floor show!
[ ] Write In

And do save time... what do you want to start the next morning with?

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Godogma Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:06 pm

(X) Damn it woman, tryin' to read! Behave yourself and wait for me to finish the chapter... Allowing her more time to work her seduction and try harder. *grins wickedly*

or

(X) This calls for reinforcements! Oh Araleth!
~(X) The keeper wants a floor show and will then happily participate...

start off the next morning with some training for his physical self I think.
Godogma
Godogma

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:12 pm

You could do both...

or combine them... be creative. Very Happy

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelenas Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:15 pm

[x] Damn it woman, tryin’ to read! Behave yourself and wait for me to finish the chapter!

Because I seriously want to see Tesha's face in reaction. Plus we've already established that Seth has a somewhat weird sense of humour when he told Nati that he'd need bongos to "play her the song of his people".

More seriously, though:
[x] Put the book aside, tell Tesha that we didn't give her the ring - or anything else, for that matter - to buy her affections. Then smile, invite her to the bed because she should know all this already, and ask her if she had any special wishes or ideas for tonight.

We can invite Araleth another time, or maybe see how either of them stand to each other. Doing it with Tesha alone should allow for a deeper bond/connection with her. Or we could ask her for her wishes (alone, inviting Araleth, whatever else comes to her mind), which is actually what I edited my vote above to.

For the next morning, I think we should briefly check up on Mentor/Gnarl, ask how the planning session went and if they need any specific resources. then check up on Rollick, see if he's got our surface-clothes ready, and perhaps check out the nearby Overworld village.
Kelenas
Kelenas

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun 17 Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:53 pm

[x] Put the book aside, tell Tesha that we didn't give her the ring - or anything else, for that matter - to buy her affections. Then smile, invite her to the bed because she should know all this already, and ask her if she had any special wishes or ideas for tonight.

for morning

[x] get status updates from our advisers and check in with Rollick to see if anything of intrest has happened.

Silver Sun 17

Back to top Go down

Post by ShaperV Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:10 pm

Hmm. It occurs to me it would be a good idea to find out what the GM's take on certain relationship-oriented issues is.

@Psyckosama, are you a red pill (i.e. PUA-aware) guy, or not? It's kind of important to know, since all the women Seth meets are going to act the way you expect them to...

Meanwhile, Seth has a long list of things to work on while the plot is in progress and we kind of need to prioritize. At a glance we've got:

1) Learn magic
2) Learn swordsmanship
3) Work out
4) Work on getting our minions equipped and organized.
5) Conduct some practice maneuvers with our minions.

..and I'm sure other people will have more to add, so we can't possibly do it all at once.

Last edited by ShaperV on Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : type)

ShaperV

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun 17 Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:28 pm

ShaperV wrote:Hmm. It occurs to me it would be a good idea to find out what the GM's take on certain relationship-oriented issues is.

@Psyckosama, are you a red pill (i.e. PUA-aware) guy, or not? It's kind of important to know, since all the women Seth meets are going to act the way you expect them to...
i wouldn't put any stock in PUA tactics here. a good number of their tactics are culture specific and some the girls that will be encounter aren't human so we can't assume they think like humans do.

also i wouldn't put too much stock in the belifs of that group since their ablity to pick out targets is enough can easily scew any statiscs they gather.

(example: the majoroy of the girls i know would literally laugh in the face of anyone who used pickup arists tricks on them. if they hadn't collapsed laughing at some of the things PUAs wear first)
http://askmissa.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/Mystery.jpg

Silver Sun 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelenas Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:46 pm

ShaperV wrote:1) Learn magic
3) Work out
Learning magic and working out are things we can actually do simultaneously. Remember that we can just task our body with some kind of exercise to improve its physique, while we're possessing the mind-blank girl to study magic.
4) Work on getting our minions equipped and organized.
5) Conduct some practice maneuvers with our minions.
Remember that the vast majority of our minions are goblins, and potentially gremlins. We can certainly set them to exercise in the Training Room (if they aren't already), but the kind of maneuvers or training-exercises you'd perform with more disciplined troops are rather pointless with them.
Kelenas
Kelenas

Back to top Go down

Post by ShaperV Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:47 pm

Silver Sun 17 wrote:
ShaperV wrote:Hmm. It occurs to me it would be a good idea to find out what the GM's take on certain relationship-oriented issues is.

the red pill guy thing is bullshit, their statistics are warped by their ability to pick out the easy lays.

What counts is what the GM believes. I don't want to start an extended PUA debate, but it's kind of important to know if we live in a "being nice to women makes them like you" universe or a "being nice to women makes them despise you for being a spineless weakling" universe. Especially since so many of our significant NPCs are female.

Edit:
Kelenas wrote:Learning magic and working out are things we can actually do simultaneously. Remember that we can just task our body with some kind of exercise to improve its physique, while we're possessing the mind-blank girl to study magic.

Interesting point. Yes, if we can do that it sounds like an excellent way to cheat... er, to maximize our time use.

Kelenas wrote:Remember that the vast majority of our minions are goblins, and potentially gremlins. We can certainly set them to exercise in the Training Room (if they aren't already), but the kind of maneuvers or training-exercises you'd perform with more disciplined troops are rather pointless with them.

I'm not expecting them to turn into elite troops or anything. But Seth has never commanded troops of any sort, and I'd rather make our dumb rookie mistakes in a training exercise than in a real fight. Plus, it would give us some practical knowledge of what we can and can't expect them to pull off.

ShaperV

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun 17 Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:05 pm

What counts is what the GM believes. I don't want to start an extended PUA debate, but it's kind of important to know if we live in a "being nice to women makes them like you" universe or a "being nice to women makes them despise you for being a spineless weakling" universe. Especially since so many of our significant NPCs are female.

i think we'll be encountering both kinds of women and other other views as well.

Silver Sun 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelenas Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:31 pm

ShaperV wrote:
Kelenas wrote:Remember that the vast majority of our minions are goblins, and potentially gremlins. We can certainly set them to exercise in the Training Room (if they aren't already), but the kind of maneuvers or training-exercises you'd perform with more disciplined troops are rather pointless with them.
I'm not expecting them to turn into elite troops or anything. But Seth has never commanded troops of any sort, and I'd rather make our dumb rookie mistakes in a training exercise than in a real fight. Plus, it would give us some practical knowledge of what we can and can't expect them to pull off.
That makes more sense, yes, though it still sounds somewhat unwise, at least with goblins and their kin. Remember that they're essentially psychotic 6-year-olds with a particular penchant for smashing things (and people) to bits. There's a very high chance that we will have more than a fair share of deaths during the exercises and the like. At minimum, I think we should talk this over with Mentor and/or Gnarl. At best, I'd like to wait until we have a decent supply of more "normal" minions, like the DElves.
Kelenas
Kelenas

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun 17 Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:35 pm

Kelenas wrote:
ShaperV wrote:
That makes more sense, yes, though it still sounds somewhat unwise, at least with goblins and their kin. Remember that they're essentially psychotic 6-year-olds with a particular penchant for smashing things (and people) to bits. There's a very high chance that we will have more than a fair share of deaths during the exercises and the like. At minimum, I think we should talk this over with Mentor and/or Gnarl. At best, I'd like to wait until we have a decent supply of more "normal" minions, like the DElves.
here's another way of putting things: practicing maneuvers with goblins at this point is like wanting to practice fencing with a warhammer.

Silver Sun 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Godogma Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:37 pm

Or worse a maul... Maneuvers with goblins/gremlins is kinda ... pointless.

Hell maneuvers when you can relay your orders in an instant using telepathy is kinda pointless in any case.
Godogma
Godogma

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:10 pm

[] Don't angst about it. Pointing out that we didn't get her the ring to buy her affections is going to bite Seth in the ass since it also implies her affections _are_ negotiable. Pointing out that she doesn't need to do this to solidify her position in his entourage is going to go over about as well as an anvil can float too, for various reasons that probably have a lot to do with cultural programming.
[] Use Dungeon Heart revitalization and his enlightened (or rather, non-medieval) attitude towards sex and go all night long. Exhaust Tesh-Tesh right and proper ^^
[] On a tangential issue - at some point in the coming days, ask Araleth if she'd be interested in taking care to catalog and arrange our collection of reading materials and distractions. It's a minor thing, but putting her in charge of it will probably be a much needed ego boost for her.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by ShaperV Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:37 pm

Godogma wrote:Or worse a maul... Maneuvers with goblins/gremlins is kinda ... pointless.

Hell maneuvers when you can relay your orders in an instant using telepathy is kinda pointless in any case.

I suspect your idea of 'maneuvers' has little relationship to what I was talking about, or you wouldn't think that.

Guys, I know goblins tend to be an absurdly inept mob, and I'm well aware of the fact that we aren't going to turn them into some kind of elite legionnaire force. That does not mean that there's nothing we can do to improve them, and it certainly doesn't mean that we should just blithely assume things will work out fine the first time we take them into battle.

At a minimum, we need to:

A) Figure out exactly how bad the goblins are, so we know what we can expect from them.
B) Find out if any of our named minions are actually good at combat leadership.
C) Get our various minion groups used to working together.
D) Work out our chain-of-command issues.

None of these things can be done by just sitting around talking to people - we need to actually see them in action or we won't really know what they can and can't do. It doesn't all have to be done tomorrow, but it does need to be done before we get into a serious fight with another Keeper.

ShaperV

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:38 am

Huh? scratch

Silver Sun 17 wrote:(example: the majoroy of the girls i know would literally laugh in the face of anyone who used pickup arists tricks on them. if they hadn't collapsed laughing at some of the things PUAs wear first)
http://askmissa.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/Mystery.jpg

Good lord. He looks like Huggie Bear...

Kelenas wrote:
3) Work out
Learning magic and working out are things we can actually do simultaneously. Remember that we can just task our body with some kind of exercise to improve its physique, while we're possessing the mind-blank girl to study magic.

Possess or claim?

Remember that the vast majority of our minions are goblins, and potentially gremlins. We can certainly set them to exercise in the Training Room (if they aren't already), but the kind of maneuvers or training-exercises you'd perform with more disciplined troops are rather pointless with them.

Though for the sake of argument, Seth could do with some experience controlling the masses with the Goblin stone.

ShaperV wrote:What counts is what the GM believes. I don't want to start an extended PUA debate,

You could start a thread in discussion if you'd like.

but it's kind of important to know if we live in a "being nice to women makes them like you" universe or a "being nice to women makes them despise you for being a spineless weakling" universe. Especially since so many of our significant NPCs are female.

Women are what I like to call "Individuals". It varies very much depending on the female.

That said, women on the surface are much more... romantic... than most women underground who often see their bodies as simply another tool for achieving power, comfort, and security.

While Nati's not considered outright STRANGE that she refuses to prostitute herself, it is seen as a bit over-proud.

Godogma wrote:Or worse a maul... Maneuvers with goblins/gremlins is kinda ... pointless.

Honestly, maneuvers would be more for Seth's benefit than the goblins.

ShaperV wrote:Guys, I know goblins tend to be an absurdly inept mob, and I'm well aware of the fact that we aren't going to turn them into some kind of elite legionnaire force. That does not mean that there's nothing we can do to improve them, and it certainly doesn't mean that we should just blithely assume things will work out fine the first time we take them into battle.

Inept mob isn't the word I'd use... more small swarm of half-mad berserkers.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Godogma Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:48 am

[] Don't angst about it. Pointing out that we didn't get her the ring to buy her affections is going to bite Seth in the ass since it also implies her affections _are_ negotiable. Pointing out that she doesn't need to do this to solidify her position in his entourage is going to go over about as well as an anvil can float too, for various reasons that probably have a lot to do with cultural programming.

Go with this, get the topic moving - we don't need any more information on your Huggie Bear alike idiots... Nor is there a way we can turn goblins into thinking and fighting troops instead of berserkers unless you think we should hold off for a hundred years or so in order for their brains to get out of the half mad berserker stage.

Yes, Seth could use some training in using the goblin stone to control them but it's no more important than any of the other things he needs to do.
Godogma
Godogma

Back to top Go down

Post by ShaperV Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:34 pm

Psyckosama wrote:

Huh? scratch

Ok, that's all I needed to know.

Parenthetically, there's a whole philosophy about how women and relationships work that's radically different than the one most Western men learn growing up, and that makes very different predictions about how a man should handle these things than the conventional wisdom. So if you were a believer we'd want to do things very differently than otherwise - sort of like finding out if your GM is a capitalist or a socialist in an economics-heavy game.

Psyckosama wrote:
Kelenas wrote:
3) Work out

Possess or claim?

What's the difference?

Psyckosama wrote:

Honestly, maneuvers would be more for Seth's benefit than the goblins.

That was my point, yes. Well, and we also have a bunch of named NPCs who mostly aren't goblins, who cold probably use some practice working together.

The other point here is that improving the goblins from a 1 to a 2 is just as good as improving human troops from a 5 to a 6. Even if the best we can do is split them into two groups and have them blindly charge different targets on command, that's better than one mob that always charges the first thing it sees.

ShaperV

Back to top Go down

Post by Robotninja Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:46 pm

Actually making them go from a 1 to a 2 would be better than improving a human by 1. Improving the power of mook tier beings means you get elite mooks. Which is good.

Robotninja

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:58 pm

For a long moment Seth looked over the frankly gorgeous figure standing nude and willing before him. His brain knew he was being used, that she’d spent most of the day teasing him in hopes of getting him to take her to bed, but his body didn’t care. She was here, she was hot, she was naked, and she was willing, and that was you needed to know

He was weak and knew it.

Still though, he had his pride, which honestly kept him from simply nodding dumbly and letting her to come to bed. Oh no, he was the master here. She’d come when he bid it and not a second before.

So it was for that reason that he masked his anticipation with aggravation and looked her dead in the eyes, and say, with much annoyance in his voice, “Damn it woman, tryin’ to read!”

The look on Tesha’s face was utterly hilarious. She looked like he’d just clubbed her with a large, three day old fish. “W-what?”

“You know,” he replied, looking back to the pages but not being able to muster the will to continue, “Reading. As in looking at the little scribbles on the page and understanding their meaning.”

“I-I know what reading is!” she exclaimed, “ But... I’m here... I’m naked and...”

“Are still talking,” he replied, his nose completely buried in the book, “So, how about you be a good girl, sit on the bed, and wait your turn. I want to finish this chapter.”

Looking a bit lost, and very confused Tesha obediently sat on the foot bed, watching Seth ‘read’.

Only a moment later he put a mark into the book and replied with a cheery, “Done! So, where were we then...”

Tesha have him a weak smile and said, “Well Boss I...” she paused, “You were just messin’ with me weren’t you?”

“I’m the boss,” Seth replied with a smirk, “I’m entitled, but really, when we’re like this, just call me Seth...”

--- --- ---

The next month Seth awoke with a smile, and the quietly snoozing form of Tesha sprawled out on the bed lightly drooling on herself. She really was very cute, and while he was too polite to say it outloud, a hell of a lay.

He guessed it was true. Women liked power and as a Dungeon Keeper, if there was one thing he had in abundance, it was power. Real power both personal and political. As the old saying went, women wanted him, men wanted to be him. It did wonders for his ego.

He had to look back to the three girls he’d slept with over the past three days, and the lost opportunities as well.

First was Serena, who was basically his wife, bound by oaths to some god whom he had a feeling he didn’t want to mess with. She was nice. Weird and antisocial yes, but pretty funny in that whole ‘Deadpan Snarker’ kinda way. He actually resented the fact that her vision would make it impossible for them to be a full time couple or anything. She was a very interesting person and deserved someone who could be there full time.

Then there was Araleth, whom Serena had sent his way. He was no fool, she probably sent her to help him to keep him at a distance. She was pretty, and nice, at least to him, but half of him had to wonder, how much of it was personality and how much conditioning? Either way though, it boiled down to the fact that he literally owned her physically and she seemed to be perfectly happy about it... which kinda creeped him out to be honest.

Now there was Tesha. She was spunky, funny, cute, and she’d almost killed him. Serena said that there had been a chance of them losing to Jevrin, and now he was pretty sure how. Had that acid had hit him, he’d have been taken out of the picture completely. It left him with no doubts that Tesha the Half-Elf Rogue was actually more along the lines of Tesha the Half-Elf Assassin, and had the feeling that had Jevrin actually been ‘poaching’ the local half-breeds than he’d have died in some mysterious, probably agonizing, manner that couldn’t be traced back to her at all. Still, she seemed loyal enough, abet excitable and bratty. How much of that though was an act and how much was her real personality was up to debate.

The other elf had propositioned him, but he’d turned her down. Her approach had been just a little too... blatant for his tastes.Tesha at least had made a game about it and had spent the entire day teasing him and he had a feeling that banging her would do well for his relationship with the Mongrels.

Then you had the 3 dolls, his personal failure. He honestly didn’t want to think about it. But yeah, they had been very pretty. Now they were very dead and Jevrin was going to fucking pay.

Now his brain moved onto sleezier stuff. How were they in bed.

Araleth for her shyness and soft spoken nature was freaky as hell. He didn’t know if it was experience or the fact that she was a Dark Elf. Passionate would be an understatement and she was capable of casual acts of flexibility that on Earth probably wouldn’t be seen outside of a freakshow. Problem was she burnt out quickly, probably the result of that lower elven constitution that had vexed so many a player over the years. Would have been a problem if she wasn’t so damned easy to please, which he guessed was an elf thing as well. Honestly though, it was a bit strange sleeping with someone who could go from wildcat to dead weight and then back again almost at the drop of a hat.

In other words, to quote the great philosopher, ‘She shags like a minx’.

Serena on the other hand had been your typical virgin, at least at first. A bit excitable and anxious at the prospect, once you looked past her bluster, but with her normal sense of playfully dismissive sarcasm towards the entire affair strengthening her nerve. Her vision had made up for a world of inexperience though, and she’d used it to good effect. She could see what to do to please him, and how to act to encourage him to please her. And considering the fact that they’d been sexually active with great regularity for several weeks pretty much on a daily basis during the first weeks of his Keeperness, they’d become quite accustomed to the others kinks and unspoken desires.

He smirked.

She loved to cuddle.

Finally there was Tesha. He had to say, she was pretty fun person, both in attitude and in bed. She had significantly better endurance than your average Elf but comparable flexibility, or at least comparable enough that he didn’t notice. He had to wonder if it was hybrid vigor or simply her personality. Either way she liked games, that much was clear, and seemed to view sexual congress as simply a form of really naughty playtime. She was also quite ticklish, a fact he’d exploited with downright ruthless abandon the night before.

Still, all ego bolstering aside, he had things to do and while it was cute staying in bed with Tesha all day, while relaxing, was not exactly something he could afford to do. He needed to get shit done and frankly couldn’t leave her in his Inner Sanctum with access to his Dungeon Heart, and frankly, his Treasury, unattended. He needed her up and dressed... and that meant he’d have to wake the girl up.

How to though? He could just shake her awake, or he could use a more ‘amusing’ approach.

He looked at the girl and grinned.

Yeah, amusing it was...

--- --- ---

“Damn it, Seth,” Tesha said with a scowl on her face that Seth could tell was only half hearted, “Didja really have to fuck me while I was asleep?”

“Well I had to wake you up somehow,” Seth replied, craving a cigarette if only for the effect, “Couldn’t let you sleep all day.”

She pouted, “Damn it, and this was the first good nights sleep I’d gotten in weeks!”

Seth looked over to her. “I thought elves didn’t need much sleep?”

“Elves yeah, but I’m a half-breed. I can go without sleep, but doesn’t mean I like it. I’ve been having to play the full on pointy for the past month and a half and I’ve had a roommate, which means if I slept in it would look suspicious!” she sighed in exasperation, “I had to make due with little naps here and there and spent most of my ‘vacation’ time in town sleeping. Hell, was the only time I could take those damned ears off!”

She layed back down. “I just wanna curl up and go to bed for the next week.”

Seth sighed and patted her on the head. “Don’t fret, now that you don’t have to worry about the big scary mind mage. You can sleep all you want, and if the elves don’t like it then they can talk to Hedwig about it.”

“Thanks,” She grinned. “Think I could have my own room?”

Seth gave her a look. “Don’t get greedy...”

“Can I borrow Jevrin’s bed? He ain’t gonna need it where he’s going...”

Seth sighed. “Sure.”

“YEAH!” she cheered, “I get to sleep on the fancy bed!” Then she paused, “Well, the second most fancy bed!”

Seth rolled his eyes. “Get some clothes on while I call for breakfast...”

She smiled and ran a finger down his chest. “Or you can call for breakfast and we can do something to pass the time...”

“Hm. I like this idea! Well bargained and done!”

--- --- ---

It was about two hours before Seth had managed to extract himself from his bed and get to his daily tasks. Two very interesting hours.

Still, as happy as that time was, he had a job to do. There were some tasks he needed to accomplish, but he had to consider the order and what was important.

[ ] Time to train! (Say How!)
[ ] Question the Mentor and Gnarl about the planning session
[ ] Go over Jevrin’s pile o’ magical crap.
[ ] Go talk to Rollick.
- [ ] And visit the surface world!
[ ] See how Riith is fitting in.
[ ] Work on some AoIs
- [ ] Maybe tell Yoda about his latest evil plot? See if it counts...

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelenas Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:40 pm

Mh... okay, my preference is:
[1] Go over Jevrin’s pile o’ magical crap, and see to it that the gremlin involved gets the promised Nice Hat.
[2] Question the Mentor and Gnarl about the planning session, specifically if there are any specific resources they need.
[3] See if there are any potential AoIs our minions have found out about.
[4] Go talk to Rollick and visit the surface world.
Kelenas
Kelenas

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 29 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22 ... 29  Next