Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus!

Page 10 of 34 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 22 ... 34  Next

Go down

Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus! - Page 10 Empty Re: Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus!

Post by Psyckosama on Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:22 am

Brian Boru wrote:Both of them look a little confused for a moment then nod.  "Alright but make sure that the rest of Ser Gregor's bones are returned for burial." Jon remarks.
"No problem with that, but it might be a good idea to hold onto it long enough that its sufficiently decayed that noone can attempt any... unhealthy rituals. I'm sure there are things that can be done to speed decomposition."

I'm sure something will be found for them....
I'm an empathetic boy.

Indeed.
All that any man can do.

Though it might be wise to have you NOT go to Dragonstone for a while, they'll need you in court so people can see the new heir for themselves.
I was thinking the same thing. Only visit long enough to plant the flag as they say. If we can vet him, I'd actually like to name Tyrion Lannister as the Steward of Dragonstone during my trip. Despite his habits, his head is on straight and it'll be a way of throwing Tywin a bone by showing that while his children fucked up we still hold his family in proper esteem.

In fact...it might be a could idea for the King to tour the Seven Kingdoms at some point so that EVERYONE can see you and you can interact with the others.  It'll also give you a chance to meet and greet potential brides and see if there are any of them you like.
Of course, though being 14 I'd like to think I have a good decade or so to make my choice. Most men don't marry until they're in their 20s anyways.

I make a cruel smile and glance at Robert. "Maybe I can channel my old man and impregnate half the Princesses of Westeros..."

I dramatically lick my lips and start to mutter to myself about the various qualities of the daughters of the lords paramount...

They won't breath a word though the paper work and wheeling and dealing will take a while.  For now, you can go sleep you've had one hell of a day.
Ironically I'm not tired. Just hungry and full of nervous energy. I probably crash in a few hours but until then I need to bleed this off...

Bloody adrenaline

For the next week Jon works himself to the damn-near-bones preparing to deal with this huge shake up.
I offer to help out a little.

The first message is from house Florent.  In-laws of Stannis.  They offer the crown their support against any Lannister reprisals...but they aren't exactly...tickled...about how Edric Storm, the bastard son of Robert and Selyse's MUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCHHHHHH! pretier cousin is ignored for you, even IF both of you are bastards. Jon mutters something about how none of the Florents wanted anything to do with the child and even his own mother hasn't seen him in years, already married off to a household knight of house Florent and has another son.  That's quickly waived away since you've already proved yourself an able fighter and little Edric is only eight.  Any comments?
When was the last time HE saw the boy? With the bitch away, this means he can start speaking to his children again...

Other ravens come in as well most hearing the news and offering their support to the Crown and the new heir.  
I'd like to read those messages.

In the mean time I ask my master to become my bannerman, along with the hedge knight I fought who I comment manages to impress me at just the right moment during my "youthful wide eyed stage" and I said I would if I got a holding of my own.

Most of the invites I was given I also still honor as I said I'd meet everyone... only now its them meeting the heir.

Besides that I'm willing to meet the people of king's landing and give some speeches with approval.

And besides that... I'd like to borrow a blacksmith. There's two things I've had rattling about in my head for some time... I'll show sketches...

the seed plow and the printing press... AKA: An item that revolutionized agriculture and one that changed the written word from something held by only lords and scholars to something that was common.

In the meantime I'm going to beat something over the head that's always annoyed me. I come up with a tiered system of peerage. A series of titles that make it clear with a glance the social status of the individual in question. It's created using archaic titles and while they're all of andel origin, there are of course equivalent ranks that originate in First Man, Ironborn, Rhoynar, and even Valyrian historical traditions... a way to fit the system while at the same time maintaining historic identity. Lord still applies and they can always call themselves "Lord X", just this quantifies the LEVEL of lord...

Something to do while bored. I have a feeling I'll have some time to burn, and I have a giant library at my beckon call....

I have to make a positive mark to the nobility somewhere and the fastest way to a nobleman's heart is giving him something suitably swanky to call himself.

Psyckosama
Admin

View user profile https://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus! - Page 10 Empty Re: Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus!

Post by Rieverre on Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:58 am

Brian Boru wrote:Only a few are still alive at this point.  Most were either killed in the fighting or crushed by their mounts when their horses were shot out from under them.  But the squires do so without a word.
A few are enough.

He blinks for a moment then when he sees what you're doing he nods though he does joke, "Should have been a Maester lad."
Ha. That might very well be.

You get most of them patched up though a Knight and 2 squires will never get back up.

Considering everything, that's good enough for me.

And putting people in the position of owing me their lives, or their health, is also worth the delay. ^^

Anyway, as I asked before, are Mya and any other potential noncombatants we had with us alright?

Then once that's done Ser Martyn asks again, "You ready now lad?"
I nod, taking to one knee and bowing my head.

After getting knighted, I'll get the prisoners sat down, and then have the dead bodies of their allies dragged and laid out in a neat row in front of them. And get the non-injured knights and squires to play along.

"Now, I'll give you one chance," I tell the prisoners. "I could just pick out one of you at random and start hurting him until someone talks. And do it again, if nobody does. And again. And again. You get the idea. But I'm not a great believed in torture. So. This was not random chance. Someone told you we'd be here. We, specifically. Knights and squires, rather than some plush merchantman. I want to know who, and I want to know why, otherwise I'll let my companions, whose friends, masters and squires your and yours killed, have their bloody-handed vengeance. I do believe they are quite cross with you and not in the mood to ask questions at all."

Regardless of what happens, the Reachmen - dead and living - will be stripped of their gear and thoroughly searched. They might have something indicative of who sent them on them. A missive of some sort, or maybe the way they were paid, if it's at all apparent. Oh, and I'm calling first pick on the gear of the ones I killed or captured (which will more or less be each one of the latter). I do need that new armor. And potentially horse. How we split the money depends on how much they were carrying, but at the very least, I'll insist that be split fairly. These are the people I just fought for my life alongside, it'd be rude to do anything less.
Rieverre
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:07 am

Psyckosama wrote:"No problem with that, but it might be a good idea to hold onto it long enough that its sufficiently decayed that noone can attempt any... unhealthy rituals. I'm sure there are things that can be done to speed decomposition."
They'll contact some people.

I was thinking the same thing. Only visit long enough to plant the flag as they say. If we can vet him, I'd actually like to name Tyrion Lannister as the Steward of Dragonstone during my trip. Despite his habits, his head is on straight and it'll be a way of throwing Tywin a bone by showing that while his children fucked up we still hold his family in proper esteem.
That gets Robert chuckling and Jon agrees to the idea.

Of course, though being 14 I'd like to think I have a good decade or so to make my choice. Most men don't marry until they're in their 20s anyways.
Just need to meet them, make yourself known to the girls and visa-versa.

I make a cruel smile and glance at Robert. "Maybe I can channel my old man and impregnate half the Princesses of Westeros..."

I dramatically lick my lips and start to mutter to myself about the various qualities of the daughters of the lords paramount...
Jon looks in horror for a moment before Robert busts out laughing and tells him to relax, the lad's only joking. Jon sighs for a moment then mutters something about 'damn randy Baratheons'

Ironically I'm not tired. Just hungry and full of nervous energy. I probably crash in a few hours but until then I need to bleed this off...

Bloody adrenaline
Well you have 2000 dragons to spend on whatever the fuck you want.

I offer to help out a little.
He appreciates it and tells you that this would be a good learning experience.

When was the last time HE saw the boy? With the bitch away, this means he can start speaking to his children again...
Been a few years... Cersei was getting...snippy.

I'd like to read those messages.
Mostly the crownlander houses though some from the Reach and the Riverlands are starting to come in as well.

In the mean time I ask my master to become my bannerman, along with the hedge knight I fought who I comment manages to impress me at just the right moment during my "youthful wide eyed stage" and I said I would if I got a holding of my own.
Done.

Most of the invites I was given I also still honor as I said I'd meet everyone... only now its them meeting the heir.
Alright.

Besides that I'm willing to meet the people of king's landing and give some speeches with approval.
Many of the Small folk actually seem to like you a bit, you're young, handsome, and a stupendous fighter who DESTROYED one of the most powerful men in the Seven kingdoms and rooted out a great foulness in the Red Keep, though the stories DO start getting a little...exaggerated. Apprarently you slaughtered your way single handedly through 100 knights and battled with the Kingslayer before managing to catch the brother-fucker queen.

And besides that... I'd like to borrow a blacksmith. There's two things I've had rattling about in my head for some time... I'll show sketches...

the seed plow and the printing press... AKA: An item that revolutionized agriculture and one that changed the written word from something held by only lords and scholars to something that was common.
You also need some wood workers and lead workers as well but the gathered men seem interested and tell you to wait a few weeks and see what they can work out.

In the meantime I'm going to beat something over the head that's always annoyed me. I come up with a tiered system of peerage. A series of titles that make it clear with a glance the social status of the individual in question. It's created using archaic titles and while they're all of andel origin, there are of course equivalent ranks that originate in First Man, Ironborn, Rhoynar, and even Valyrian historical traditions... a way to fit the system while at the same time maintaining historic identity. Lord still applies and they can always call themselves "Lord X", just this quantifies the LEVEL of lord...

Something to do while bored. I have a feeling I'll have some time to burn, and I have a giant library at my beckon call....

I have to make a positive mark to the nobility somewhere and the fastest way to a nobleman's heart is giving him something suitably swanky to call himself.
Jon and Robert think it a bit odd though Robert agrees that there are PLENTY who would lap up fancy titles like it were the food of the gods.

A little more time goes by and soon other houses also send in their respects to the king and his heir, there are mention of a few complaining about a bastard being heir but most are quickly smacked down by their fellows. The Westerlands are disturbingly silent...until a single Raven is sent.

On the missive is a message that Lord Tywin plans to come to King's Landing with the other major lords of the westerlands and make a bending of the knees in person, AND to gather his...offspring.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:40 am

Brian Boru wrote:They'll contact some people.
Great. If there's any man who's corpse a necromancer would love to get their claws into, its that one. Even without the head. I hear they can attach... replacements.

That gets Robert chuckling and Jon agrees to the idea.
I'm glad that you approve. I have a feeling that the little man is much greater than people give him credit for.

Just need to meet them, make yourself known to the girls and visa-versa.
Of course...

Jon looks in horror for a moment before Robert busts out laughing and tells him to relax, the lad's only joking.  Jon sighs for a moment then mutters something about 'damn randy Baratheons'
"Actually I've never lain with a woman. Moon Tea's not something you can afford on a squire's income. If I was I'll tell you now, Lady Myranda would have had some difficulty walking..."

Well you have 2000 dragons to spend on whatever the fuck you want.
If you're telling me to go get a whore I don't think this is the time.

He appreciates it and tells you that this would be a good learning experience.
Anything interesting come up and I make sure to use my most flowery and ego patting language. Make them feel like their concerns are all being taken so seriously and then sell them on the idea of me as Crown Prince.

Been a few years...  Cersei was getting...snippy.
"Maybe during my trip I can collect my siblings then... I know one young man in the city and will need a list of brothels. God forbid a King's Daughter ever open her thighs for coin..."

Mostly the crownlander houses though some from the Reach and the Riverlands are starting to come in as well.
I make sure to research or at least ask about every family.

Done.
Hows my master taking all this?

And I make sure his holding is something nice.

Alright.
I'm polite and friendly and rather magnanimous to all of them.

Any specially strong reactions?

And the man who is my cousin who I helped out... he gets a private invitation to the castle. I'm VERY friendly and open with him... after all... he's my COUSIN and family means EVERYTHING to me.

Many of the Small folk actually seem to like you a bit, you're young, handsome, and a stupendous fighter who DESTROYED one of the most powerful men in the Seven kingdoms and rooted out a great foulness in the Red Keep, though the stories DO start getting a little...exaggerated.  Apprarently you slaughtered your way single handedly through 100 knights and battled with the Kingslayer before managing to catch the brother-fucker queen.
I act a bit blushing and downplay the rumors just enough so it can't be said I'm encouraging them, but enough really to only make them think I was humble...

And if someone mentioned that I bested the Mountain Who Rides with my fathers hammer and the state that the two were found in... well... I had nothing to do with it. You know how servants rumor...

Both are true, but I'm sure that it will quickly mutate into I killed him with a single strike and caught him balls deep before long...

Plausible deniable, making sure to spread it anonymously, and the coin to lubricate lips at the right moment and silence them at the wrong... well... you know how it works. Just as long as it doesn't come up that the leak was me. Smile

You also need some wood workers and lead workers as well but the gathered men seem interested and tell you to wait a few weeks and see what they can work out.
As a French captain with an English accent once said... Make it So!

Jon and Robert think it a bit odd though Robert agrees that there are PLENTY who would lap up fancy titles like it were the food of the gods.
Exactly and if we say its my idea, it's a fast way to put me in their good graces...

A little more time goes by and soon other houses also send in their respects to the king and his heir, there are mention of a few complaining about a bastard being heir but most are quickly smacked down by their fellows.
Good... hopefully the titles will help.

The Westerlands are disturbingly silent...until a single Raven is sent.
Uh oh.

On the missive is a message that Lord Tywin plans to come to King's Landing with the other major lords of the westerlands and make a bending of the knees in person, AND to gather his...offspring.
I make sure to have a new suit of armor commissioned for the event... I speak to Tobho Mott about it. I need to look my best.

While at it I also have him make me a shovel of all things, and while I know a mere tool is below him I have my reasons...

It needs to be reasonably decorative but also useable as both a tool and a weapon because... "When someone is courting a girl whom I consider dear to me, I always inform him that if he hurts her... I'll beat him to death with a shovel. After all, a vague disclaimer is no ones friend. So, while any old mucking spade would do for a bastard squire, as I am now the crown prince, so I'll need a shovel befitting my station."

Consider it a gag project, if he'd like... something to have some fun with, maybe even for Gendry to work on.

If he asks why a shovel, well, first its not exactly the most noble of deaths. Humiliating is what I'd call it. Second, it makes disposing of the body that much quicker... Very Happy

My personal coat of arms will be a black stag's skull (or head) on a golden background. If Robert approves. Otherwise, the standard stag.

Though I'll also be using a shadowcat as a personal emblem as well... after all, I am the Mystery Knight of the Shadowcat. In fact I might have two versions of some of the elements made so I can dress as my "secret identity" for tourneys and the occasional bout of do gooding... call it my sense of humor in action.

So does father meet with his other bastard... and how does Tyrion take the offer of stwardship over Dragonstone?

And other bits and bobs.

Hows MYA taking this?

And I make sure to visit the two younger children.[/quote]

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:47 pm

Rieverre wrote:Considering everything, that's good enough for me.

And putting people in the position of owing me their lives, or their health, is also worth the delay. ^^

Anyway, as I asked before, are Mya and any other potential noncombatants we had with us alright?
She's fine though she's shaken.

I nod, taking to one knee and bowing my head.
It's short but sincere and the other knights welcome you to the position with open arms.

After getting knighted, I'll get the prisoners sat down, and then have the dead bodies of their allies dragged and laid out in a neat row in front of them. And get the non-injured knights and squires to play along.

"Now, I'll give you one chance," I tell the prisoners. "I could just pick out one of you at random and start hurting him until someone talks. And do it again, if nobody does. And again. And again. You get the idea. But I'm not a great believed in torture. So. This was not random chance. Someone told you we'd be here. We, specifically. Knights and squires, rather than some plush merchantman. I want to know who, and I want to know why, otherwise I'll let my companions, whose friends, masters and squires your and yours killed, have their bloody-handed vengeance. I do believe they are quite cross with you and not in the mood to ask questions at all."
The Reachmen are silent for a moment, then almost imediately, one of the survivors breaks like an eggs and tells you everything they knew. Apparently someone had approached the boss and told him that a certain group from the Vale was going to be heading down the road to King's Landing, the stranger wanted that group dead and was paying well 1000 Dragons for the Job. They know nothing else, the boss was the only one who ever say their employer.

Regardless of what happens, the Reachmen - dead and living - will be stripped of their gear and thoroughly searched. They might have something indicative of who sent them on them. A missive of some sort, or maybe the way they were paid, if it's at all apparent. Oh, and I'm calling first pick on the gear of the ones I killed or captured (which will more or less be each one of the latter). I do need that new armor. And potentially horse. How we split the money depends on how much they were carrying, but at the very least, I'll insist that be split fairly. These are the people I just fought for my life alongside, it'd be rude to do anything less.
You do manage to find about 500 gold dragons, apparently it was the first half of the payment. Also you manage to gather enough armor for yourself to be geared out in full plate armor. And you even find a Courser among the horses, the others insist you take it. You're the damn hero of this fight. You end up receiving about 40 gold dragons, a great sum of loot.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:49 pm

Psyckosama wrote:Great. If there's any man who's corpse a necromancer would love to get their claws into, its that one. Even without the head. I hear they can attach... replacements.
They give you another look.

I'm glad that you approve. I have a feeling that the little man is much greater than people give him credit for.
Heh

"Actually I've never lain with a woman. Moon Tea's not something you can afford on a squire's income. If I was I'll tell you now, Lady Myranda would have had some difficulty walking..."
Jon blanches for a moment and Robert laughs all the harder.

If you're telling me to go get a whore I don't think this is the time.
No just telling you the facts.

Anything interesting come up and I make sure to use my most flowery and ego patting language. Make them feel like their concerns are all being taken so seriously and then sell them on the idea of me as Crown Prince.
Jon is vaguely impressed at how well you speak. Your mother was just a servant girl if he remembered correctly.

"Maybe during my trip I can collect my siblings then... I know one young man in the city and will need a list of brothels. God forbid a King's Daughter ever open her thighs for coin..."
That does make Robert look ....vaugely green. "Find them if you can but I doubt the kingdoms will want me to do what Aegon the Unworthy did. Though what would your...house...be called? House "My hammer?""

I make sure to research or at least ask about every family.
http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Crownlands

Hows my master taking all this?
Surprisingly well.

And I make sure his holding is something nice.
A landed knight....wow....he's thinking.

Any specially strong reactions?

And the man who is my cousin who I helped out... he gets a private invitation to the castle. I'm VERY friendly and open with him... after all... he's my COUSIN and family means EVERYTHING to me.
He's actually rather glad to meet you again. He seems to have liked you out there in the tournament and is amazed at what has happened. He's curious as what the hell happened he's heard some insane rumors.

I act a bit blushing and downplay the rumors just enough so it can't be said I'm encouraging them, but enough really to only make them think I was humble...

And if someone mentioned that I bested the Mountain Who Rides with my fathers hammer and the state that the two were found in... well... I had nothing to do with it. You know how servants rumor...

Both are true, but I'm sure that it will quickly mutate into I killed him with a single strike and caught him balls deep before long...

Plausible deniable, making sure to spread it anonymously, and the coin to lubricate lips at the right moment and silence them at the wrong... well... you know how it works. Just as long as it doesn't come up that the leak was me. Smile
Well you try but the small folk believe what they want to believe and they think you're just being modest.

As a French captain with an English accent once said... Make it So!
And it will though it might take some time.

Exactly and if we say its my idea, it's a fast way to put me in their good graces...
Possibly.

Good... hopefully the titles will help.
Maybe.

I make sure to have a new suit of armor commissioned for the event... I speak to Tobho Mott about it. I need to look my best.
He'll be glad to make it.

While at it I also have him make me a shovel of all things, and while I know a mere tool is below him I have my reasons...
He stares at you for a moment.

It needs to be reasonably decorative but also useable as both a tool and a weapon because... "When someone is courting a girl whom I consider dear to me, I always inform him that if he hurts her... I'll beat him to death with a shovel. After all, a vague disclaimer is no ones friend. So, while any old mucking spade would do for a bastard squire, as I am now the crown prince, so I'll need a shovel befitting my station."

Consider it a gag project, if he'd like... something to have some fun with, maybe even for Gendry to work on.

If he asks why a shovel, well, first its not exactly the most noble of deaths. Humiliating is what I'd call it. Second, it makes disposing of the body that much quicker... Very Happy
They laugh and Gendry is allowed to do the majority of the work.

My personal coat of arms will be a black stag's skull (or head) on a golden background. If Robert approves. Otherwise, the standard stag.
He allows it though why the skull?

Though I'll also be using a shadowcat as a personal emblem as well... after all, I am the Mystery Knight of the Shadowcat. In fact I might have two versions of some of the elements made so I can dress as my "secret identity" for tourneys and the occasional bout of do gooding... call it my sense of humor in action.
Robert mentions that he wonders how secret the Knight of the Shadowcat really is anymore.

So does father meet with his other bastard... and how does Tyrion take the offer of stwardship over Dragonstone?
Not right this minute but Tyrion seems...happy...that someone is taking him seriously.

Hows MYA taking this?
Frankly she's overwhelmed and more than a little upset you launched her into this mess.

And I make sure to visit the two younger children.
Joff's an ass, Tommen's a baby, and Myrcella is a crying nervous wreck. She's also now terrified of you.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:54 pm

Brian Boru wrote:It's short but sincere and the other knights welcome you to the position with open arms.
"I suppose this means I'll be taking part in the knights' bracket, then."

That rather neatly solves the issue of my pioneering of the decidedly ahead-of-its-time idea of 'mystery squire'. Fly on, brave dream, fly on. Sad 

The Reachmen are silent for a moment, then almost imediately, one of the survivors breaks like an eggs and tells you everything they knew.  Apparently someone had approached the boss and told him that a certain group from the Vale was going to be heading down the road to King's Landing, the stranger wanted that group dead and was paying well 1000 Dragons for the Job.  They know nothing else, the boss was the only one who ever say their employer.
I assume they weren't wearing any distinctive, uniform tabards or suchlike?

Still, that's interesting information. I was already going to search their leader's body and possessions in detail.

Come to think of it, I doubt these men traveled with all their possessions on them - they were going into combat and seemed reasonably professional. I ask where the rest of their things are and whether they had a camp nearby. *EDIT - added bit* I'll also ask _where_ their boss was approached, if they can describe who it was who did the approaching, and where they were to go upon the job having been completed.

Then ... well, confer with my fellows as to what should be done with our captives. I for one am upset at this turn of events, especially as this seemed a very deliberate assassination attempt towards, if not all, then at least one ... or two ... of us. I posit we have three options. Kill them quickly and cleanly, give the bodies a burial, and simply move on. Let whoever sent them wonder. Bind them and hand them to the nearest town or such for public hanging, which will send a message. Or, I could explain and impress unto our captives just how much their lives are now worth to whoever it was that hired them, and have them consider the merits of taking the Black. Which would serve to worry and distract whoever hired them.

You do manage to find about 500 gold dragons, apparently it was the first half of the payment.  Also you manage to gather enough armor for yourself to be geared out in full plate armor.  And you even find a Courser among the horses, the others insist you take it.  You're the damn hero of this fight.  You end up receiving about 40 gold dragons, a great sum of loot.
I'll need to find a blacksmith in King's Landing and get the armor altered appropriately. Few things worse than wearing ill-fitting gear into combat. For now, I'll just add the pieces that do fit to my normal kit and save the full monty for later.

Also, what about weapons and other minor items? Good quality knives or a short-sword of some kind - Mya could use the latter - and I'd not say no to a spear or decent-quality greatsword.

Last edited by Rieverre on Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:01 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot one bit. Now added.)
Rieverre
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:52 pm

Brian Boru wrote:They give you another look.
"What? I've heard stories about a disgraced Maester..."

Jon blanches for a moment and Robert laughs all the harder.
"Lord Arryn, you were young once... but at least I believe in precautions!"

No just telling you the facts.
True.

Jon is vaguely impressed at how well you speak.  Your mother was just a servant girl if he remembered correctly.
"I had to be eloquent to get what I wanted. Unlike the previous prince I couldn't just scream daddy's name when I wanted to accomplish something... I had to learn to be smooth and pander to the egos of morons..."

That does make Robert look ....vaugely green.  "Find them if you can but I doubt the kingdoms will want me to do what Aegon the Unworthy did.  Though what would your...house...be called?  House "My hammer?""
I don't even skip a beat and my answer is out of my mouth almost before he can finish.

"Roberts..." I pause for a moment, "And as your heir I don't want the whole lot legitimized either. It'll be poor for my life expectancy. Just recognize them. It's all I really wanted."

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Crownlands
Right.

Surprisingly well.
I'm pleased.

A landed knight....wow....he's thinking.
We'll need to find him a wife! Very Happy

He's actually rather glad to meet you again.  He seems to have liked you out there in the tournament and is amazed at what has happened.  He's curious as what the hell happened he's heard some insane rumors.
"Well, I'm happy to have pleased you in the torny. As your questions and I'll try and answer you honestly."

Well you try but the small folk believe what they want to believe and they think you're just being modest.
Yep and they love a modest lord.... and I'm sure those leaked titbits are blown to something epic sooner than later.

And it will though it might take some time.
No problem. You don't rush art.

Possibly.
It's at least worth a try.

He'll be glad to make it.
My thanks.

He stares at you for a moment.
"Let me explain..."

They laugh and Gendry is allowed to do the majority of the work.
"After all, it'll be his sisters who's honor is being protected by that spade."

He allows it though why the skull?
"To question my honor is to court death..."

Robert mentions that he wonders how secret the Knight of the Shadowcat really is anymore.
"Presentation." I smile. "It's all about putting on a good show."

Not right this minute but Tyrion seems...happy...that someone is taking him seriously.
"I know you're more capable than people think. They judge too much by appearances..." I pause for a moment and add, "Which I believe you can play for your benefit. If they think you're nothing more than a fool, let them. That makes them the fools. Pay to their preconceptions, manipulate them, get what you want. I know you know how to play the game... better than I at least. It's why I convinced my father to bring you into our confidence. It's not because we want to comfort your father. I couldn't give half a shit about Tywin Lannisters fragile ego. What I care about is having capable men by my side, and while you'll never be a Great Sword, Tyrion Lannister, you're one of the the sharpest daggers in Westeros... and sometimes more can be accomplished with one keen knife at the right moment than a thousand polished swords."

Frankly she's overwhelmed and more than a little upset you launched her into this mess.
I was only trying to get us recognized... Look on the bright side. Mycheal's father will probably be throwing him at you.

And of course I'm in the perfect position to offer up lands and title as a dowry.

Joff's an ass,
Fuck 'em.

Tommen's a baby,
I still check up on him... and bring him a new fawn.

and Myrcella is a crying nervous wreck.  She's also now terrified of you.
I try and calm and comfort her. I tell her that what she saw was the dirty business of the knighthood and I'm sorry that she had to see it at her tender age.

Though she must know that I will still protect her and that anyone who tries to harm her will face the same fate. Blood or not, she can always look upon me as a brother... and she will always by my Queen of Love and Beauty.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:04 am

Rieverre wrote:"I suppose this means I'll be taking part in the knights' bracket, then."

That rather neatly solves the issue of my pioneering of the decidedly ahead-of-its-time idea of 'mystery squire'. Fly on, brave dream, fly on. Sad 
"Indeed it does."

I assume they weren't wearing any distinctive, uniform tabards or suchlike?
Just your standard Hedge Knights.

Still, that's interesting information. I was already going to search their leader's body and possessions in detail.
Alright.

Come to think of it, I doubt these men traveled with all their possessions on them - they were going into combat and seemed reasonably professional. I ask where the rest of their things are and whether they had a camp nearby. *EDIT - added bit* I'll also ask _where_ their boss was approached, if they can describe who it was who did the approaching, and where they were to go upon the job having been completed.
They point the place out but despite all but ransacking the camp you find nothing other a slight description of your group. Nothing else, whoever gave the kill command was good.

Then ... well, confer with my fellows as to what should be done with our captives. I for one am upset at this turn of events, especially as this seemed a very deliberate assassination attempt towards, if not all, then at least one ... or two ... of us. I posit we have three options. Kill them quickly and cleanly, give the bodies a burial, and simply move on. Let whoever sent them wonder. Bind them and hand them to the nearest town or such for public hanging, which will send a message. Or, I could explain and impress unto our captives just how much their lives are now worth to whoever it was that hired them, and have them consider the merits of taking the Black. Which would serve to worry and distract whoever hired them.
The knights decide on the second option. Dropping them off in the next settlement large enough to have a landed knight or castellean.

I'll need to find a blacksmith in King's Landing and get the armor altered appropriately. Few things worse than wearing ill-fitting gear into combat. For now, I'll just add the pieces that do fit to my normal kit and save the full monty for later.

Also, what about weapons and other minor items? Good quality knives or a short-sword of some kind - Mya could use the latter - and I'd not say no to a spear or decent-quality greatsword.
You find many swords, some good quality, some not, as well as a couple of battle-axes, and some halbards. Mya also manages to snag a nice little dagger.

When you enter the crownlands for the last leg of the journey...roll a d100

Psyckosama wrote:"What? I've heard stories about a disgraced Maester..."
They snort a bit at that. But they let you deal with Gregor's body as you wish.

"Lord Arryn, you were young once... but at least I believe in precautions!"
"I should hope so lad."

"I had to be eloquent to get what I wanted. Unlike the previous prince I couldn't just scream daddy's name when I wanted to accomplish something... I had to learn to be smooth and pander to the egos of morons..."
He smiles and nods, impressed with you.

I don't even skip a beat and my answer is out of my mouth almost before he can finish.

"Roberts..." I pause for a moment, "And as your heir I don't want the whole lot legitimized either. It'll be poor for my life expectancy. Just recognize them. It's all I really wanted."
He nods, he can do at least that.

We'll need to find him a wife! Very Happy
He sputters a bit at that.

"Well, I'm happy to have pleased you in the torny. As your questions and I'll try and answer you honestly."
"What happened to the Lannisters? I've heard that you were the one to bring in Cersei and Jaime Lannister, is that true?"

Yep and they love a modest lord.... and I'm sure those leaked titbits are blown to something epic sooner than later.
Heh

No problem. You don't rush art.
True

"After all, it'll be his sisters who's honor is being protected by that spade."
He chuckles a bit.

"To question my honor is to court death..."
"Grim, but considering what you did to The Mountain."

"Presentation." I smile. "It's all about putting on a good show."
He likes a good show...

"I know you're more capable than people think. They judge too much by appearances..." I pause for a moment and add, "Which I believe you can play for your benefit. If they think you're nothing more than a fool, let them. That makes them the fools. Pay to their preconceptions, manipulate them, get what you want. I know you know how to play the game... better than I at least. It's why I convinced my father to bring you into our confidence. It's not because we want to comfort your father. I couldn't give half a shit about Tywin Lannisters fragile ego. What I care about is having capable men by my side, and while you'll never be a Great Sword, Tyrion Lannister, you're one of the the sharpest daggers in Westeros... and sometimes more can be accomplished with one keen knife at the right moment than a thousand polished swords."
He's honestly flattered and thanks you for that vote of confidence, though whether that position as Steward of Dragonstone goes through or not...is up to what happens when the Westerlords come a'knockin.

I was only trying to get us recognized... Look on the bright side. Mycheal's father will probably be throwing him at you.

And of course I'm in the perfect position to offer up lands and title as a dowry.
That got her.....

I still check up on him... and bring him a new fawn.
He loves it.

I try and calm and comfort her. I tell her that what she saw was the dirty business of the knighthood and I'm sorry that she had to see it at her tender age.

Though she must know that I will still protect her and that anyone who tries to harm her will face the same fate. Blood or not, she can always look upon me as a brother... and she will always by my Queen of Love and Beauty.
She tears up and hugs you, asking if you'd be her knight.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:18 am

Brian Boru wrote:They snort a bit at that.  But they let you deal with Gregor's body as you wish.
Right. Make sure its not able to be defiled by dark magics... and ready the head for the Martells.

"I should hope so lad."
Yep!

He smiles and nods, impressed with you.
"Thank you, Lord Arryn."

He nods, he can do at least that.
Great. I'll hunt them down.

He sputters a bit at that.
Evil smile. "I'm sure there will be some comely ladies interesting in a strapping young knight..."

"What happened to the Lannisters?  I've heard that you were the one to bring in Cersei and Jaime Lannister, is that true?"
I nod. "Caught her on her back, naked as the day she was born posing for her brother in a manner that was anything but sister like. Then she saw me and screamed he was trying to rape her. Man looked like she'd just ripped out his heart and taken a bite out of it. Tried to reason with him, but he said 'To hell with it', kissed her in a way no man kisses his sister then pulled steel. Didn't get beyond that because as his blade cleared his scabbard, my boot found a home in his crotch... not exactly sporting but I wasn't going to bet on my ability to take in Jamie Fucking Lannister alive."

I pause for a moment. "I had to carry the man, and was so angry at the bitch I walked her into the throne room naked as he was."

He chuckles a bit.
So how does all my stuff come out?

And I like Black armor.

"Grim, but considering what you did to The Mountain."
"I believe in mercy, father... but I believe some are beyond it. Fuck with the stag, get the horns."

He likes a good show...
"Most people do, and if you add DRAMA to your actions you can get most people to eat our of your hands..."

He's honestly flattered and thanks you for that vote of confidence, though whether that position as Steward of Dragonstone goes through or not...is up to what happens when the Westerlords come a'knockin.
Huh. I thought we'd do it before hand as a way to have a bone thrown before he arrives. But they're the ones with the experience.

That got her.....
"Mya, I've never wanted anything more than for you to be happy. I love you, little sister.""

He loves it.
And I'm happy.

She tears up and hugs you, asking if you'd be her knight.
"Of course..."

So, Westerlords?

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:03 am

Psyckosama wrote:Right. Make sure its not able to be defiled by dark magics... and ready the head for the Martells.
And the head is sent.

Great. I'll hunt them down.
Alright.

Evil smile. "I'm sure there will be some comely ladies interesting in a strapping young knight..."
Sputters a bit more, then the images begin to dance.

I nod. "Caught her on her back, naked as the day she was born posing for her brother in a manner that was anything but sister like. Then she saw me and screamed he was trying to rape her. Man looked like she'd just ripped out his heart and taken a bite out of it. Tried to reason with him, but he said 'To hell with it', kissed her in a way no man kisses his sister then pulled steel. Didn't get beyond that because as his blade cleared his scabbard, my boot found a home in his crotch... not exactly sporting but I wasn't going to bet on my ability to take in Jamie Fucking Lannister alive."

I pause for a moment. "I had to carry the man, and was so angry at the bitch I walked her into the throne room naked as he was."
He goggles a bit, then mutters "...damn..."

So how does all my stuff come out?

And I like Black armor.
Perfectly, Black armor with a Yellow Tabard with a black skull. What would you like for the helmet? Horned like your fathers?

"I believe in mercy, father... but I believe some are beyond it. Fuck with the stag, get the horns."
He laughs and agrees, (I'm not having him laugh too much am I?)

"Most people do, and if you add DRAMA to your actions you can get most people to eat our of your hands..."
Clever.

Huh. I thought we'd do it before hand as a way to have a bone thrown before he arrives. But they're the ones with the experience.
Who knows WHAT Tywin will do.

"Mya, I've never wanted anything more than for you to be happy. I love you, little sister."
"And I you big brother." Though not like "that"

So, Westerlords?
It's another few weeks before a large procession is seen marching towards King's Landing. Tywin Lannister has arrived. Along with the great Golden Lion of house Lannister you see other house banners as well, Crakehall, Yarwyck, Marbrand, and many others. The procession goes to the main keep and are quickly allowed in. Tywin Lannister is leading the group, and he is exactly the man you had always heard about, tall, lean, bald head but with large sideburns, and green eyes that can pierce your very soul. He and Robert exchange their pleasentries then he turns to you, he looks at you with almost emotionless eyes, but you get the feeling SOMETHING unpleasant is going through his mind before he finally bows, "My Prince." And with that the rest of the Lords of the Westerlands bow as well. Seems like he's accepting this mess...for now...
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:51 am

Brian Boru wrote:And the head is sent.
Hold on the sending. Needs Gilding and if I am goign on a tip I might as well giftwrap it.

Alright.
"So want to meet the blacksmith's apprentice?

Sputters a bit more, then the images begin to dance.
"You know what they say about the... appetites of some Highborn ladies..."

He goggles a bit, then mutters "...damn..."
"What I thought. Then the bitch decided to contest her accusation, even though we had enough evidence to sink a ship. Called in the Mountain to champion her. I championed my father."

I pause for a moment, "Tywin is going to need a new attack dog. He put up a good fight but while he was big and strong, speed counts for a lot, especially when you're fighting someone carrying hammers. Two good blows is all it took too make an opening... just took sometime to get them in. After that it was simply doing what you do to rock. Hammer it until it cracks."

Perfectly, Black armor with a Yellow Tabard with a black skull.  What would you like for the helmet?  Horned like your fathers?
Black Armor with golden trim, and a yellow Tabard with black trim and a black stag's skull. And I'll take the horns.

I want similar but distinct from roberts.

He laughs and agrees, (I'm not having him laugh too much am I?)
The man's Jolly and IMHO he'd probably be a middle aged BRIAN BLESSED!

Clever.
"It's been a survival tool of mine for a while... and now I need to refine it to an art form! Behold dear father!" I say in a deep and passionate voice, "The power of HAM!"

"And I you big brother."  Though not like "that"
I shudder. "Mya. Never even joke about that. They took something sacred and holy, the bond between twins... and perverted it into an abomination."

It's another few weeks before a large procession is seen marching towards King's Landing.  Tywin Lannister has arrived.  Along with the great Golden Lion of house Lannister you see other house banners as well, Crakehall, Yarwyck, Marbrand, and many others.  The procession goes to the main keep and are quickly allowed in.  Tywin Lannister is leading the group, and he is exactly the man you had always heard about, tall, lean, bald head but with large sideburns, and green eyes that can pierce your very soul.  He and Robert exchange their pleasentries then he turns to you, he looks at you with almost emotionless eyes, but you get the feeling SOMETHING unpleasant is going through his mind before he finally bows, "My Prince."  And with that the rest of the Lords of the Westerlands bow as well.  Seems like he's accepting this mess...for now...
For a moment he can probably see my eyes meet the challenge in his. I'm no fool. He probably gets a feeling that I'm not weak or stupid.

"Lord Tywin, I wish I could say it was a pleasure, but we have all been thrown into into places unexpected. Still, I welcome you to King's Landing and I hope that your trip was as pleasant as possible considering the situation."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:16 am

Brian Boru wrote:They point the place out but despite all but ransacking the camp you find nothing other a slight description of your group.  Nothing else, whoever gave the kill command was good.
So, nothing on where their boss made the deal and was supposed to pick up the money after the job was done? I assume I don't find that information in his things nor do the other Reachmen know?

Well, I'll keep the description and memorize the phrasing used therein. Also, what, or whom _does_ said description actually mention about our group?

The knights decide on the second option.  Dropping them off in the next settlement large enough to have a landed knight or castellean.
Then that's what we'll do. And I'll restock on arrows, complete with an extra quiver just to be one the safe side, in the next place that's feasible.

Also, I'm assuming we're burying our fallen?

You find many swords, some good quality, some not, as well as a couple of battle-axes, and some halbards.  Mya also manages to snag a nice little dagger.
If any of the swords are a significant upgrade in quality over mine, I'll consider grabbing one. Unless one of the other squires would benefit more from said upgrade?

Incidentally, what does my new courser look like?

When you enter the crownlands for the last leg of the journey...roll a d100
Roll below.
Rieverre
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:16 am

The member 'Rieverre' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd100' : 84

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:08 am

Psyckosama wrote:Hold on the sending. Needs Gilding and if I am goign on a tip I might as well giftwrap it.
Might take a little while...you DO need to find someone willing to do that kind of work.

"So want to meet the blacksmith's apprentice?
He thinks on it but shakes his head, "Not right this moment, though maybe send someone discreet so that he knows who he is and that I haven't forgot about him. He's never known and he has a good life where he is, I'd hate to ruin that right now."

"You know what they say about the... appetites of some Highborn ladies..."
You've honestly never seen your master grin so stupidly before.

"What I thought. Then the bitch decided to contest her accusation, even though we had enough evidence to sink a ship. Called in the Mountain to champion her. I championed my father."

I pause for a moment, "Tywin is going to need a new attack dog. He put up a good fight but while he was big and strong, speed counts for a lot, especially when you're fighting someone carrying hammers. Two good blows is all it took too make an opening... just took sometime to get them in. After that it was simply doing what you do to rock. Hammer it until it cracks."
He whistles under his breath..."Damn lad I knew you were a mighty warrior but killing the Mountain himself...."

Black Armor with golden trim, and a yellow Tabard with black trim and a black stag's skull. And I'll take the horns.

I want similar but distinct from roberts.
And done.

The man's Jolly and IMHO he'd probably be a middle aged BRIAN BLESSED!
Kool

"It's been a survival tool of mine for a while... and now I need to refine it to an art form! Behold dear father!" I say in a deep and passionate voice, "The power of HAM!"
He starts laughing his ass off.

He won't take this lying down that's for damn sure.

I shudder. "Mya. Never even joke about that. They took something sacred and holy, the bond between twins... and perverted it into an abomination."
She shudders as well. OOC: You know If I were a betting man, I would bet the Lannister Twins would be ludicrously popular in Japan...for some reason.

For a moment he can probably see my eyes meet the challenge in his. I'm no fool. He probably gets a feeling that I'm not weak or stupid.
His eyes give nothing away but you feel a sort of pressure on you.

"Lord Tywin, I wish I could say it was a pleasure, but we have all been thrown into into places unexpected. Still, I welcome you to King's Landing and I hope that your trip was as pleasant as possible considering the situation."
He gives you a look, then nods, "As well as possible given the current circumstances. So...you're the one who exposed my children's indiscretions and killed one of my banner men?"

Rieverre wrote:So, nothing on where their boss made the deal and was supposed to pick up the money after the job was done? I assume I don't find that information in his things nor do the other Reachmen know?
Nope. Most likely the boss destroyed that evidence.

Well, I'll keep the description and memorize the phrasing used therein. Also, what, or whom _does_ said description actually mention about our group?
Just that there might be 2 black-haired youths among them. Otherwise it was kinda vague.

Then that's what we'll do. And I'll restock on arrows, complete with an extra quiver just to be one the safe side, in the next place that's feasible.

Also, I'm assuming we're burying our fallen?
You manage to get some arrows in the same town you drop off the bandits.

Yes.

If any of the swords are a significant upgrade in quality over mine, I'll consider grabbing one. Unless one of the other squires would benefit more from said upgrade?
There's a bastard sword that head and shoulders above what your current sword it.

Incidentally, what does my new courser look like?
A big brown haired stallion. ALMOST big enough to be considered a destrier, almost, but not quite.

After the windfall from your little excursion with the Reachmen your party lives it up a little, staying in proper inns, instead of camping out.

One night, as you're laying in a pretty nice bed, you're awoken to the smell of smoke. You jump out of bed and you realize that the inn is on fire! And if you see it right, someone shoved several large wagons in the ways of the doors.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:28 am

Brian Boru wrote:Might take a little while...you DO need to find someone willing to do that kind of work.
This is king's landing...

He thinks on it but shakes his head, "Not right this moment, though maybe send someone discreet so that he knows who he is and that I haven't forgot about him.  He's never known and he has a good life where he is, I'd hate to ruin that right now."
I nod. "I understand."

You've honestly never seen your master grin so stupidly before.
"Just don't sire any children until you're wed right and proper... or at least don't sire any on women whom are too high in station for you to rush to a sept before she crowns."

He whistles under his breath..."Damn lad I knew you were a mighty warrior but killing the Mountain himself...."
"The man was strong, and tough, but slow and while he was a passable technical fighter, the fact is he depended mostly on brute power. I was able to find an opening and cripple his wrist with a well aimed hammer strike. After that it was an issue of simply beating him until he stopped twitching."

He starts laughing his ass off.
I smile. "I have to beware, they may call me the Jester king. Though the good thing about being a king and a comedian is no one will ever dare to heckle your jokes."

He won't take this lying down that's for damn sure.
Unlike his daughter...

She shudders as well.  OOC: You know If I were a betting man, I would bet the Lannister Twins would be ludicrously popular in Japan...for some reason.
Don't joke.

His eyes give nothing away but you feel a sort of pressure on you.
Nor do I, and I push back.

He gives you a look, then nods, "As well as possible given the current circumstances.   So...you're the one who exposed my children's indiscretions  and killed one of my banner men?"
"Yes. I've always been deeply interested in the history of House Baratheon and realized something was amiss the moment I saw the former prince. I was unsure of how to proceed, as I had no desire to bring the realm into chaos. Your daughter and grandson's words and actions convinced me otherwise."

I take a deep breath, "As for Clegane, well, one does not fight the Mountain who Rides and use anything but lethal force. He sure as hell wasn't holding back any."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:51 am

Psyckosama wrote:This is king's landing...
True...

I nod. "I understand."
Alright.

"Just don't sire any children until you're wed right and proper... or at least don't sire any on women whom are too high in station for you to rush to a sept before she crowns."
"Gods forbid that!"

"The man was strong, and tough, but slow and while he was a passable technical fighter, the fact is he depended mostly on brute power. I was able to find an opening and cripple his wrist with a well aimed hammer strike. After that it was an issue of simply beating him until he stopped twitching."
He stares more than a bit amazed but he eventually recovers and slaps you on the back and says, "Should you ever find yourself on Estermont, you'll always be welcome. I never really liked that overgrown madman anyway."

I smile. "I have to beware, they may call me the Jester king. Though the good thing about being a king and a comedian is no one will ever dare to heckle your jokes."
True. "You could be the worst jester in the world and some of these idiots will still laugh."

Unlike his daughter...
Snerk

Nor do I, and I push back.
It doesn't seem to budge him.

"Yes. I've always been deeply interested in the history of House Baratheon and realized something was amiss the moment I saw the former prince. I was unsure of how to proceed, as I had no desire to bring the realm into chaos. Your daughter and grandson's words and actions convinced me otherwise."
He stares long and hard for a while, then he nods to himself, "Yes I'll need to deal with them."

I take a deep breath, "As for Clegane, well, one does not fight the Mountain who Rides and use anything but lethal force. He sure as hell wasn't holding back any."
"You will be giving me his bones for burial." You're not sure if that was a question or a command.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:10 am

Brian Boru wrote:"Gods forbid that!"
"Agreed. But..." I walk over and give him a hug. "It's good to have you by my side. You were always like... if not a father to me, then at least an insufferable elder brother who liked to make me fetch his slippers. I look forward to meeting the next poor sap you torment in the name of perpetuating the knighthood."

He stares more than a bit amazed but he eventually recovers and slaps you on the back and says, "Should you ever find yourself on Estermont, you'll always be welcome. I never really liked that overgrown madman anyway."
"I'll have to call you up on that. It seems as if I might be traveling the lands a bit. I'll please me to be amongst friends and kinfolk... as for Gregor, I don't think anyone him. He was a rabid beast. Between you and I, I'm having the head sent to Dorne as a peace offering. I doubt it will dissuade whatever vile plot Doran Martell has cooked up in that petrified skull of his, but I'm sure it might at least lower hatred of his kinfolk from a roaring fire to smoldering embers."

True.  "You could be the worst jester in the world and some of these idiots will still laugh."
"I might just say a couple really horrible ones and then have the people who still laugh flogged for kissing too much ass."

Snerk
I'll mention this to robert in passing.

It doesn't seem to budge him.
Irresistible force meet immovable object.

He stares long and hard for a while, then he nods to himself, "Yes I'll need to deal with them."

"You will be giving me his bones for burial."  You're not sure if that was a question or a command.
I leave the question in the air for a long moment, just a hair longer than he'd like. Just enough to show that I am not his to command. Then I speak.

"While that should be a point of debate between you and my father, I personally believe that your request is both honorable and reasonable, and agree that whats left of the man should be sent home to lie with his ancestors."

If he calls me out on the head, I look him dead in the eyes and say, "Lord Tywin, we both know that if you were in the position I am right now, you would do the exact same thing."

So, what happens? More talking between us or is this when he and the others slip off to the back...and is Sandor there?

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:40 am

Psyckosama wrote:"Agreed. But..." I walk over and give him a hug. "It's good to have you by my side. You were always like... if not a father to me, then at least an insufferable elder brother who liked to make me fetch his slippers. I look forward to meeting the next poor sap you torment in the name of perpetuating the knighthood."
He laughs and claps you on the shoulder, "Glad to hear it lad."

"I'll have to call you up on that. It seems as if I might be traveling the lands a bit. I'll please me to be amongst friends and kinfolk... as for Gregor, I don't think anyone him. He was a rabid beast. Between you and I, I'm having the head sent to Dorne as a peace offering. I doubt it will dissuade whatever vile plot Doran Martell has cooked up in that petrified skull of his, but I'm sure it might at least lower hatred of his kinfolk from a roaring fire to smoldering embers."
"We can only hope."

"I might just say a couple really horrible ones and then have the people who still laugh flogged for kissing too much ass."
"Now that's a lovely image..."

Irresistible force meet immovable object.
A grinding match.

I leave the question in the air for a long moment, just a hair longer than he'd like. Just enough to show that I am not his to command. Then I speak.

"While that should be a point of debate between you and my father, I personally believe that your request is both honorable and reasonable, and agree that whats left of the man should be sent home to lie with his ancestors."

If he calls me out on the head, I look him dead in the eyes and say, "Lord Tywin, we both know that if you were in the position I am right now, you would do the exact same thing."

So, what happens? More talking between us or is this when he and the others slip off to the back...and is Sandor there?
He gives you another look, then nods, "Seems to be more to you than meets the eye."

He then turns to the King and Jon Arryn and tells them that he'll be taking his children back as well as their bastards. Punishment will be doled out as needed and the children will be put somewhere proper. As for Sandor yes he's there, as gruesome as ever. He's told that he's the new knight of Clegane Keep. Sandor then bows and says, "About time my brother did something in my favor."

With that Tywin's part of the greeting is over and the other lords come forward as well.

Nothing of merit really happens until dinner that night. When Lord Tywin tells his son Tyrion that he'll be heading back to the Rock.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:57 am

Brian Boru wrote:He laughs and claps you on the shoulder, "Glad to hear it lad."
I chuckle and pat him on the back. "Wonderful! Together, the world will be ours!"

"We can only hope."
"Aye."

"Now that's a lovely image..."
"Now about that lumbar support..."

I glance at the throne. "May I, father?"

A grinding match.
Yep.

He gives you another look, then nods, "Seems to be more to you than meets the eye."
"Thank you. I hope I never fail to surprise."

He then turns to the King and Jon Arryn and tells them that he'll be taking his children back as well as their bastards. Punishment will be doled out as needed and the children will be put somewhere proper.  
Well, he's not going to be getting his way, that's for sure.

I hope.

As for Sandor yes he's there, as gruesome as ever.  He's told that he's the new knight of Clegane Keep.  Sandor then bows and says, "About time my brother did something in my favor."
I glance at his face. "I think I can imagine how that happened... I'd suggest putting his bones in the fire and letting them render to ash."

With that Tywin's part of the greeting is over and the other lords come forward as well.
I'm extremely friendly and polite. Warm even to everyone... I seem to treat everyone like an old friend and attempt to show a very disarming affect and make sure to call everyone by name.

Nothing of merit really happens until dinner that night.  When Lord Tywin tells his son Tyrion that he'll be heading back to the Rock.
I move to speak for a moment and then look to Tyrion to see how he reacts. I'm hoping he stands up for himself. I hope my ego boosting and honest friendship have at least given him a bit more courage with the pillock.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:37 am

Brian Boru wrote:Just that there might be 2 black-haired youths among them. Otherwise it was kinda vague.
... well, that isn't troubling at all.

There's a bastard sword that head and shoulders above what your current sword it.
SYMBOLISM! Yeah, I'll take that one, though I'll also look it over for any kind of maker's mark, or indication whether or not it was made for someone in particular.

A big brown haired stallion.  ALMOST big enough to be considered a destrier, almost, but not quite.
... and I shall call him Vimes.

I'll also make sure we're used to one-another, doing mounted drills and training with whoever would be up for it during our stops or the trip. While I'm not a big enthusiast of mounted combat, far be it from me to not learn how to do something that might save my life.

Additionally, my teaching Mya includes caring for our horses, weapons, and armor, as well as how to help me put on said armor. For one, I explain to her, I'm certain Mychel will appreciate her knowing how to do this at some point, but also, well, if I sneak her into the tournament as my page or squire she'll have a good view of things while also remaining close. The latter part is a bit important now that someone seems to be trying to kill us.

After the windfall from your little excursion with the Reachmen your party lives it up a little, staying in proper inns, instead of camping out.
Given our previous experience, I'm going to insist we still maintain a watch rotation during the night, even if we're staying at inns. Someone was deliberately trying to do us harm. If they should try again, we shouldn't make thing too easy on them. I'll also room with Mya and take care to bring most, if not all, of my kit up to said room.

One night, as you're laying in a pretty nice bed, you're awoken to the smell of smoke.  You jump out of bed and you realize that the inn is on fire!  And if you see it right, someone shoved several large wagons in the ways of the doors.
... well, bollocks. I have to momentarily thank my paranoia - seeing as someone has tried to kill us once already, I likely sleep if not in armor, then at least in my clothes and bits of it. So outside of pulling on my boots, that's getting dressed out of the way.

I rouse Mya, then do so to the other as well, shouting "Fire!" as I go.

Then ... dig out the shadowcat fur from my kit, unwrap Robert's hammer, and smash the most accessible doors and the wagons blocking them to bits. If that doesn't work, I'll use a window and try to pull them out of the way from the outside.

After which I move outside and out of the doorway, keeping watch for the most obvious follow-up of this - men waiting outside to kill anyone who gets out, most likely with bow and arrow or crossbow, but melee isn't out of the question either if they're expecting someone to come stumbling out confused and muddled by smoke.

It's how I'd do it.
Rieverre
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:05 pm

Psyckosama wrote:I chuckle and pat him on the back. "Wonderful! Together, the world will be ours!"
Hah

"Now about that lumbar support..."

I glance at the throne. "May I, father?"
"Have at it."

"Thank you. I hope I never fail to surprise."
"We'll see lad."

Well, he's not going to be getting his way, that's for sure.

I hope.
Jon says something diplomatic about how the Children might be kept here for the moment, stripping them of their home would be too traumatic though their...parents...could be sent along. He doesn't mention Tyrion. The Lord of the Rock looks Arryn in the eye but he bows and doesn't continue pushing.

I glance at his face. "I think I can imagine how that happened... I'd suggest putting his bones in the fire and letting them render to ash."
Unfortunately he doesn't hear you when you say that otherwise he might throw one hell of a hateful glare at you.

I'm extremely friendly and polite. Warm even to everyone... I seem to treat everyone like an old friend and attempt to show a very disarming affect and make sure to call everyone by name.
They give proper respect, and some seem vaguely surprised a bastard such as yourself knows their names and some are somewhat pleased at that.

I move to speak for a moment and then look to Tyrion to see how he reacts. I'm hoping he stands up for himself. I hope my ego boosting and honest friendship have at least given him a bit more courage with the pillock.
Tyrion swallows and says, "Prince Eddard has made it known that he wishes to keep me in his services."

"If he's looking for a tumbler then he will need to look elsewhere."

Tyrion flushes in embarrassment and says, "Not as a tumbler father. He is offering me an honorable position at court."

Tywin looks ready to brush that aside but thankfully Jon Arryn manages to step in and asks that lord Tywin wait for later when all would be revealed.

Rieverre wrote:... well, that isn't troubling at all.
Heh

SYMBOLISM! Yeah, I'll take that one, though I'll also look it over for any kind of maker's mark, or indication whether or not it was made for someone in particular.
There's a mark, but you don't recognize it, nor does anyone else in your party. You might have better luck once you get to King's Landing.

I'll also make sure we're used to one-another, doing mounted drills and training with whoever would be up for it during our stops or the trip. While I'm not a big enthusiast of mounted combat, far be it from me to not learn how to do something that might save my life.
It seems to work well and you feel that by the time you reach the Capital you should be able to ride just fine with him.

Additionally, my teaching Mya includes caring for our horses, weapons, and armor, as well as how to help me put on said armor. For one, I explain to her, I'm certain Mychel will appreciate her knowing how to do this at some point, but also, well, if I sneak her into the tournament as my page or squire she'll have a good view of things while also remaining close. The latter part is a bit important now that someone seems to be trying to kill us.
She accepts the lessons but she seems MORE than a little apprehensive at acting as a squire, especially trying to compete in the squire tournament.

Given our previous experience, I'm going to insist we still maintain a watch rotation during the night, even if we're staying at inns. Someone was deliberately trying to do us harm. If they should try again, we shouldn't make thing too easy on them. I'll also room with Mya and take care to bring most, if not all, of my kit up to said room.
Alright.

... well, bollocks. I have to momentarily thank my paranoia - seeing as someone has tried to kill us once already, I likely sleep if not in armor, then at least in my clothes and bits of it. So outside of pulling on my boots, that's getting dressed out of the way.

I rouse Mya, then do so to the other as well, shouting "Fire!" as I go.
The others quickly wake and dress as swiftly as possible.

Then ... dig out the shadowcat fur from my kit, unwrap Robert's hammer, and smash the most accessible doors and the wagons blocking them to bits. If that doesn't work, I'll use a window and try to pull them out of the way from the outside.
The hammer feels incredibly right in your hands and it takes only a few swift blows to smash the door apart and then with some help from other knights, push it out of the way of the door.

After which I move outside and out of the doorway, keeping watch for the most obvious follow-up of this - men waiting outside to kill anyone who gets out, most likely with bow and arrow or crossbow, but melee isn't out of the question either if they're expecting someone to come stumbling out confused and muddled by smoke.
As you step out, an arrow flashes right through where you're head would have been if you hadn't ducked at the last second. It hits the door-frame instead. You look into the darkness, you THINK you can see the general area where the arrow came from.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:16 pm

Brian Boru wrote:"Have at it."
With his say so I slowly walk up to the throne and take a seat. "Wow..."

I also mark where it's a pain in the ass to sit and later on will sketch out something to make it more liveable with proper back support..

"We'll see lad."

I simply smile.

Jon says something diplomatic about how the Children might be kept here for the moment, stripping them of their home would be too traumatic though their...parents...could be sent along.  He doesn't mention Tyrion.  The Lord of the Rock looks Arryn in the eye but he bows and doesn't continue pushing.
Good. And I don't say a word.

Unfortunately he doesn't hear you when you say that otherwise he might throw one hell of a hateful glare at you.
Tyrion or Sendor?

They give proper respect, and some seem vaguely surprised a bastard such as yourself knows their names and some are somewhat pleased at that.
I make sure to memorize their coats of arms.

Tyrion swallows and says, "Prince Eddard has made it known that he wishes to keep me in his services."

"If he's looking for a tumbler then he will need to look elsewhere."

Tyrion flushes in embarrassment and says, "Not as a tumbler father.  He is offering me an honorable position at court."

Tywin looks ready to brush that aside but thankfully Jon Arryn manages to step in and asks that lord Tywin wait for later when all would be revealed.
I bite my tongue and let dinner go by peacefully.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:39 pm

Psyckosama wrote:With his say so I slowly walk up to the throne and take a seat. "Wow..."

I also mark where it's a pain in the ass to sit and later on will sketch out something to make it more liveable with proper back support..
Might take a while before a proper apparatus can be made.

Tyrion or Sendor?
Sandor.

I make sure to memorize their coats of arms.
Done

I bite my tongue and let dinner go by peacefully.
While stilted it does go peacefully.

When you go to bed that evening you're ...surprised that eight girls, each claiming to be from one of the seven kingdoms are there to...entertain you.

By you're bed is a barrel of what you learn is moontea and a note from your father saying. "Try to make an excuse now. I hope to see you come out a man."

The girls, all of them drop dead gorgeous and wearing stuff that leaves NOTHING to the imagination, smile and one of them asks, "Is m'lord coming to bed?"
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:44 pm

Brian Boru wrote:Might take a while before a proper apparatus can be made.
Or a skilled furniture maker a day or two.

I make all the proper measurements...

And I hope to have it done in a day or two and mount it there myself when he's not looking...

Sandor.
Ah.

While stilted it does go peacefully.
Best I could hope for.

When you go to bed that evening you're ...surprised that eight girls, each claiming to be from one of the seven kingdoms are there to...entertain you.

By you're bed is a barrel of what you learn is moontea and a note from your father saying. "Try to make an excuse now.  I hope to see you come out a man."

The girls, all of them drop dead gorgeous and wearing stuff that leaves NOTHING to the imagination, smile and one of them asks, "Is m'lord coming to bed?"
I smile, shrug and say... "Alright. I'll work in the order of the conquest. Crownlands cums first...."

And I give them my all. If any of them are... self-mobile the next day I will be disappointed in myself.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:03 pm

Brian Boru wrote:There's a mark, but you don't recognize it, nor does anyone else in your party.  You might have better luck once you get to King's Landing.
I take the precaution of tying a leather thong around said mark, be it on the pommel or crossguard. Don't want to take too many chances.

It seems to work well and you feel that by the time you reach the Capital you should be able to ride just fine with him.

She accepts the lessons but she seems MORE than a little apprehensive at acting as a squire, especially trying to compete in the squire tournament.
... um, no ... I explain to her that I didn't mean to imply I want her to take part in the squire tournament. Just that I'd like her to _act_ as my squire for the duration of the tournament as a whole, since given the situation it would be safer for both of us (well, for my peace of mind anyway) if she were nearby rather than in the stands somewhere.

... but if she _wants_ to try the tournament ... *wicked grin* I _could_ start with the training from hell required to give her a chance.

The hammer feels incredibly right in your hands and it takes only a few swift blows to smash the door apart and then with some help from other knights, push it out of the way of the door.
I still don't really consider it to be _my_ weapon, but this might get me to use it more often.

As you step out, an arrow flashes right through where you're head would have been if you hadn't ducked at the last second.  It hits the door-frame instead.  You look into the darkness, you THINK you can see the general area where the arrow came from.
"Take heed! Archers! Assassins! Stay together, take cover, there'll be more than one!" I shout, before taking off at a run towards that general area. I put the occasional jink and weave into my run, to spoof further arrows.

I'm chilled with a cold, hard anger. Not only did they try to kill me, not only did they use something as random and uncertain as fire. They meant to do the same to my _sister_. The one person in this world who means more than life itself to me, and the only one I can trust without reservation.

"Nothing can protect you from me!" I shout as I run, both giving voice to my rage and hoping it unsettles whoever it is that's no doubt taking aim at me right this moment. "Not men, not weapons!" Evading arrows, slapping those I can't out of the air with armored gauntlet, buckler, or hammer ...
Rieverre
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:52 am

Psyckosama wrote:Or a skilled furniture maker a day or two.

I make all the proper measurements...

And I hope to have it done in a day or two and mount it there myself when he's not looking...
Ah in that case something is ready quickly though there is an ASSLOAD of cultural inertia that makes EVERYONE involved hesitant of actually putting the thing on the damn chair.

I smile, shrug and say... "Alright. I'll work in the order of the conquest. Crownlands cums first...."
They giggle at that.

And I give them my all. If any of them are... self-mobile the next day I will be disappointed in myself.
You actually have to have someone carry them out, they can't walk.

You walk out of your rooms with the biggest smile on your face.

Several days later, the Throne Room is packed again, though you notice that Robert is using the apparatus you had commissioned.

Tywin is again standing before the throne.

Jon then Rolls open a scroll and the apparent deal is made known. The Lannister family will pay off the entire royal debt of 4 million dragons. The children of Cersei and Jaime will be officially declared Lannisters, however, they will be forever barred from inheriting the Rock. Jaime Lannister is to be sent to the Wall where he will serve the rest of his days as a member of the Night's Watch. Cersei Lannister will be allowed to return home to the Rock, however she will be forbidden from ever leaving the Rock unless she is remarried, in which case she will be confined to the walls of that holding. Joffery will be fostered in the North with House Umber, (apparently that was some of the things Jon was sending messages for) while Myrcella and Tommen will be under the care of Renly and Stannis respectively. They will be allowed to return to their ancestral home when they have reached their age of Majority (16). Tyrion will be allowed to stay in King's Landing as he will be acting as Steward of Dragonstone until his father's death when he will become Lord Paramount of the Rock.

That holding will be transferred to Prince Eddard Baratheon. Stannis Baratheon in turn will recieve Lordship of Storm's End as he is the Eldest non-Royal Baratheon, while Renly will be made Lord of Summerhall and will be expected to restore the burnt out ruin should the day come that the Royal Family should ever wish to visit.

Tywin seems to accept these terms, however grudgingly. With a few more ceremonies the matter is over with and you are now officially Lord of Dragonstone.

Anything you want to say in passing to anyone before this is over?

Either way, Robert announces that he will be making a grand tour of Westeros in order to introduce his son to the various Lords, and letting his son see the holdings that he will rule over some day. With that the presentation is over and the Westerland Lords leave to prepare to head home. Tywin gives you one more look and a chill goes up your back, before he turns around again and leaves the hall. Unless you wish you won't be seeing the Lannister twins before they are sent to their final places.

Though if you're outside you'll be able to hear Cersei howling like a banshee before she's shoved in the carriage to take her home.

Rieverre wrote:I take the precaution of tying a leather thong around said mark, be it on the pommel or crossguard. Don't want to take too many chances.
It's not a dangerous mark just from a blacksmith they don't recognize.

... um, no ... I explain to her that I didn't mean to imply I want her to take part in the squire tournament. Just that I'd like her to _act_ as my squire for the duration of the tournament as a whole, since given the situation it would be safer for both of us (well, for my peace of mind anyway) if she were nearby rather than in the stands somewhere.
Ah, she draws the line at cutting her hair though, she likes it as it is.

... but if she _wants_ to try the tournament ... *wicked grin* I _could_ start with the training from hell required to give her a chance.
No...no no no no no no no that's alright she's just perfectly fine acting as a squire.

I still don't really consider it to be _my_ weapon, but this might get me to use it more often.
Heh

"Take heed! Archers! Assassins! Stay together, take cover, there'll be more than one!" I shout, before taking off at a run towards that general area. I put the occasional jink and weave into my run, to spoof further arrows.
They nod and do their best to stick together and cover themselves as they see to their horses.

I'm chilled with a cold, hard anger. Not only did they try to kill me, not only did they use something as random and uncertain as fire. They meant to do the same to my _sister_. The one person in this world who means more than life itself to me, and the only one I can trust without reservation.

"Nothing can protect you from me!" I shout as I run, both giving voice to my rage and hoping it unsettles whoever it is that's no doubt taking aim at me right this moment. "Not men, not weapons!" Evading arrows, slapping those I can't out of the air with armored gauntlet, buckler, or hammer ...
Several more shots, all of them from roughly the same position are made then a rustling sound is heard among the branches of an Oak 50 feet ahead.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:06 am

Brian Boru wrote:Ah in that case something is ready quickly though there is an ASSLOAD of cultural inertia that makes EVERYONE involved hesitant of actually putting the thing on the damn chair.
The idea isn't to make it much more comfortable, simply to add some back support.

It's all about the ergonomics baby.

They giggle at that.
Heh.

You actually have to have someone carry them out, they can't walk.

You walk out of your rooms with the biggest smile on your face.
How does robert react to that... ?

I just fucked EIGHT of probably the best whores in westeros until they were unable to MOVE and the only thing out of place on me is my smile.

Several days later, the Throne Room is packed again, though you notice that Robert is using the apparatus you had commissioned.
I have to ask him how it feels.

Tywin is again standing before the throne.

Jon then Rolls open a scroll and the apparent deal is made known.  The Lannister family will pay off the entire royal debt of 4 million dragons.  The children of Cersei and Jaime will be officially declared Lannisters, however, they will be forever barred from inheriting the Rock.  Jaime Lannister is to be sent to the Wall where he will serve the rest of his days as a member of the Night's Watch.  Cersei Lannister will be allowed to return home to the Rock, however she will be forbidden from ever leaving the Rock unless she is remarried, in which case she will be confined to the walls of that holding.  Joffery will be fostered in the North with House Umber, (apparently that was some of the things Jon was sending messages for) while Myrcella and Tommen will be under the care of Renly and Stannis respectively.  They will be allowed to return to their ancestral home when they have reached their age of Majority (16).  Tyrion will be allowed to stay in King's Landing as he will be acting as Steward of Dragonstone until his father's death when he will become Lord Paramount of the Rock.
I smile contentedly.

That holding will be transferred to Prince Eddard Baratheon.  Stannis Baratheon in turn will recieve Lordship of Storm's End as he is the Eldest non-Royal Baratheon, while Renly will be made Lord of Summerhall and will be expected to restore the burnt out ruin should the day come that the Royal Family should ever wish to visit.
The content smile remains strong! Very Happy

Tywin seems to accept these terms, however grudgingly.  With a few more ceremonies the matter is over with and you are now officially Lord of Dragonstone.

Anything you want to say in passing to anyone before this is over?
I give a nice pre-written speech touching on power and responsibility, and the like.

Either way, Robert announces that he will be making a grand tour of Westeros in order to introduce his son to the various Lords, and letting his son see the holdings that he will rule over some day.  With that the presentation is over and the Westerland Lords leave to prepare to head home.  Tywin gives you one more look and a chill goes up your back, before he turns around again and leaves the hall.  Unless you wish you won't be seeing the Lannister twins before they are sent to their final places.
I do speak with Jamie and apologize for kicking him like that.

I'm friendly and polite and actually rather empathetic and I imply that I think what happened with him is a waste. I do tell him I'll watch our for his youngest.

And mention in passing that he should talk to Tyrion and if he knows any secrets that affect the man now would be the best time to fess up because there will not be another chance.

I'd say the same to Ciceri but I have a feeling she'd try and bite my nose off. :p

Though if you're outside you'll be able to hear Cersei howling like a banshee before she's shoved in the carriage to take her home.
Heh.[/quote][/quote]

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:30 am

Psyckosama wrote:The idea isn't to make it much more comfortable, simply to add some back support.

It's all about the ergonomics baby.
They do eventually put it on.

How does robert react to that... ?

I just fucked EIGHT of probably the best whores in westeros until they were unable to MOVE and the only thing out of place on me is my smile.
Laughing his ass off and vaguely proud.

I have to ask him how it feels.
Better...

I give a nice pre-written speech touching on power and responsibility, and the like.
It's received politely.

I do speak with Jamie and apologize for kicking him like that.
He doesn't exactly forgive you but he does remark that you might have done him a favor almost neutering him before he's sent to the wall.

I'm friendly and polite and actually rather empathetic and I imply that I think what happened with him is a waste. I do tell him I'll watch our for his youngest.
He thanks you for that.

And mention in passing that he should talk to Tyrion and if he knows any secrets that affect the man now would be the best time to fess up because there will not be another chance.
He's silent for a moment, then he asks if you could get his brother down here so he could talk with him for a little while.

You take him down there and after asking for some privacy you leave. There is dead silence for a long long while, then Tyrion storms back up the staircase the coldest fury you've ever seen him show on his face.

I'd say the same to Ciceri but I have a feeling she'd try and bite my nose off. :p
She probably would.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:36 am

Brian Boru wrote:They do eventually put it on.
Right.

Laughing his ass off and vaguely proud.
"Heh. I made sure all of them took their Moon Tea too."

Better...
"Good."

I didn't make it comfortable and I probably had it painted to blend in in the look of the thing.

It's received politely.
Nice.

He doesn't exactly forgive you but he does remark that you might have done him a favor almost neutering him before he's sent to the wall.
"I don't get it, Jamie. Why? You're a good man and..." I shake my head, "The reason I walked her to the throne room nude was what she said when I knocked down the door."

He thanks you for that.
"I've already promised your daughter I'd be her knight. And I intend to give my customary greeting when she's old enough to be wed. If he mistreats her in any way... I will beat him to death with a shovel. A vague disclaimer is no ones friend."

He's silent for a moment, then he asks if you could get his brother down here so he could talk with him for a little while.
"Of course."

You take him down there and after asking for some privacy you leave.  There is dead silence for a long long while, then Tyrion storms back up the staircase the coldest fury you've ever seen him show on his face.
"Tyrion? Tyrion! What's wrong?"

She probably would.
Aye.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 34 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 22 ... 34  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum