Giant Stompy Robots
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus!

+2
Psyckosama
Brian Boru
6 posters

Page 15 of 34 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 24 ... 34  Next

Go down

Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus! - Page 15 Empty Re: Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus!

Post by Silver Sun 17 Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:44 pm

Dice roll

Silver Sun 17

Back to top Go down

Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus! - Page 15 Empty Re: Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus!

Post by Psyckosama Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:44 pm

The member 'Silver Sun 17' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd100' : 12

Psyckosama
Admin

https://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun 17 Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:45 pm

Psyckosama wrote:The member 'Silver Sun 17' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd100' : 12
Shocked crap.

Silver Sun 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:04 am

Psyckosama wrote:"Careful there old man, remember to breath."
He does.

"Counting? Bah. Give me two stags and I'm sure I could strangle a star out of them."
That gets you a look.

Seriously though I will need to look over the finances.
Heh heh heh...clerks have been trying to get through the books and are jumping off high places after ten minutes...

All it takes is one idiotic apprentice...
Heh

And really giving one grouptotal control over all... thought. Bad idea.
Indeed.

Take the money, come back alive, and I'm sure there might be some lands waiting for you somewhere... espeically if you come back with ot just a translation but someone who can read it and is willing to TEACH.
He seems to grin at the idea.

"It was an observation, not an accusation."
Ah

I'm not sure if we're close enough yet for me to say anything. I look a bit apprehensive and asked comment eventually he's going to have to let the may lie... because every time he kills him he brings him back to life before hand. He's keeping the man alive. Just let the bastard rot.
He gives you a long hard look, and you don't see the Jolly and boisterous man you've been with for several months now, instead that warrior king from the night of Cersei's fall is present. And if anything it's all the more intense and you get a deeper meaning for the family word's "OURS IS THE FURY!" Then he turns away, lost in memory, Ned looks at you with approval and thanks. The rest of the time in the crypts is spent in dead silence.

"It's not kindness, his simple honesty. Serfdom is simply a more polite name for slavery in my eyes."
That seems to pique his interest.

"When I become king I'm having a proper Weirwood planted in its place..."
Now he's actually impressed.

"I tried that once. Bored me to tears. I actually find doing to be the best way of relaxing my mind." I pause for a moment, "May I call you Ned in private?"
He chuckles a bit but allows it, but only in private.

If he allows it... "Ned, I have perfect recall. I can remember everything I've seen done or read with perfect clarity. If I spent too much time simply relaxing I run the risk of losing myself in my the noise of my own recall. It's much like being in the middle of a great hall where everyone is screaming and trying to listen to ones own thoughts. By finding something to direct my attentions to so I can achieve focus and still my wandering mind."
That actually leaves him speechless for a while there, at loss for words. Then he says that there are certainly worse afflictions to live with.

"A bit wild eyed..."

I kinda flush.

And when she pushes I eventually go out honestly. Lady Lysa's gone mad and I explain how and why...
Her face goes through shock, disbelief, horror, sadness, then pity and regret probably for not being there for her little sister.

I'm polite and friendly.
She's polite and cordial.

Come on... lets go. I'll teach you some tricks I know!
You couldn't have made then come with you faster.

Theon can join me as well... I don't judge him based on his background either.
He follows along.

"You mean like it was with me?" I ask him, "The Seven are Gods the same as any other. I never understood why it had to be one way or the other."
Knighthood IS something of a religious thing. But considering you're the king's son and heir you might be able to make some alterations to the ceremony somehow.

I suffer through it. I'm very kind and polite. Why I even take her for a horse back ride.
She LOVES it.

So, anything else happen while we're staying in Winterfell?
Around the third or fourth day of your stay in Winterfell, one of the stableboys, a huge kid around your age and if anything even stronger than you, but a mental midget who can only say his nickname, (Hodor) gets a ferocious kick to the head by the king's horse and is insensate for the rest of the day, when the sun is setting and his great-grandmother is weeping for the last of her family, he suddenly jerks straight up and turns to his great-granmother, a much brighter light in his eyes than ever before and says, "I say grandmother, why ever do you weep so? Has some horrific calamity of brobdingnagian proportions occur? Is our illustrious home of Winterfell under some brutal attack by some perfidious foe? And why ever am I abed now? Tis most befuddling a situation. Why Great-Grandmother, are you quite alright? Why ever do you stare at me with such intensity?"

Yea... so...that happened....

Rieverre wrote:Righteousness is a bit of a powerful drug after all ^^
Heh

Your next competitor is a house knight for house Tyrell of all things, no one phenomenal but considering who he's serving, he's bound to be good.
[/quote]Heh. Same as usual. Professional approach. I'm well past the anonymity play by now, so I might as well use being set against competent opponents to polish my technique. This too is training ^^[/quote]
You might want to rework this, it's from the previous post which you already responded to.

Silver Sun 17 wrote:yes for both
Alright then, considering the amount of go betweens and your own schedule, the soonest you'll be meeting with either of them is three months from now, enough time to get to and back from the tournament in the south.

I make sure i keep the 4 throwing knives and two axes in my kit but other then I'm good.
Alright.

Silver Sun 17 wrote:12

Shocked crap.
Actually, that's pretty good, you manage to ride through the mountains with little trouble, the most interesting thing you encounter is an enormous black furred and black antlered stag. You want to hunt after it?
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun 17 Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:13 am

Brian Boru wrote:

yes for both
Alright then, considering the amount of go betweens and your own schedule, the soonest you'll be meeting with either of them is three months from now, enough time to get to and back from the tournament in the south.
Alright

Actually, that's pretty good, you manage to ride through the mountains with little trouble, the most interesting thing you encounter is an enormous black furred and black antlered stag.  You want to hunt after it?
Yes

Silver Sun 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:58 am

Brian Boru wrote:That gets you a look.
"We just cleared the debt, father... lets make sure not to build ourselves a new one. I beg you."

Heh heh heh...clerks have been trying to get through the books and are jumping off high places after ten minutes...
Before or after we fed it to Tywin Lannister with a side of two disobedient children and three incestious brats? Smile

Heh
I respect them and I'd have the crown fund the construction of thier new facalties... but...

There wouldn't happen to be any small fortress islands in the bay would there? Razz

Or at least islands that could be turned into one...

Indeed.
I respect their order... and will do so even as I cut them off at the knees.

He seems to grin at the idea.
"But try and run with it and I'll show you why it is unwise to fuck with a man who could kill the Mountain Who Rides in single combat without as much as a scratch..."

I smile. "I hope to see you return quickly, and intact. Maybe with a nice wildling lass to keep your busy. I hear they're very well named at that... story tells their passions make your average firebreathing dornish woman look like a blushing Highgarden virgin."

He gives you a long hard look, and you don't see the Jolly and boisterous man you've been with for several months now, instead that warrior king from the night of Cersei's fall is present.  And if anything it's all the more intense and you get a deeper meaning for the family word's "OURS IS THE FURY!"  Then he turns away, lost in memory, Ned looks at you with approval and thanks.  The rest of the time in the crypts is spent in dead silence.
I don't flinch but I keep my mouth shut. Though it looks like I do have something in mind.

That seems to pique his interest.
"I'd see no man live on his knees. It's one thing to show respect well earned, but to force a man to kneel at the tip of a spear, to live on their knees forever wallowing in the dirt... it strips them of their dignity, of their honor, and turns them into just another beast. It's slavery disguised by a pretty lie."

Now he's actually impressed.
"I honor the Seven, but I give my prayers to the Old Gods."

He chuckles a bit but allows it, but only in private.
"Of course, m'lord."

That actually leaves him speechless for a while there, at loss for words.  Then he says that there are certainly worse afflictions to live with.
"Indeed. But it's a mixed blessing for sure. Somethings you want to forget... though it does have its uses and I believe I will be able to use this ability for the benefit of the kingdom. It's not hard to imagine how a king could make use of such a gift."

Her face goes through shock, disbelief, horror, sadness, then pity and regret probably for not being there for her little sister.
"When we return to the capitol I may send you a personal invitation to visit my holdings in Dragonstone. It would be such a sad turn of events if my Steward were to... order the renovation of the guest quarters due to a entirely understandable miscommunication necessitating a prolonged stay in the capitol?"

I smile. If she just showed up, well, it might make her intentions obvious to her now dangerously paranoid sister. If it was just a collection of happenstance, well, it happens and I will be ordering the renovation of the keep... Wink

She's polite and cordial.
I'm in general respectful and friendly.

You couldn't have made then come with you faster.

He follows along.
And many tricks are shown to the three boys.

In general I try and play the "Cool older brother" role.

Knighthood IS something of a religious thing.  But considering you're the king's son and heir you might be able to make some alterations to the ceremony somehow.
If he's open to the idea we can bring it up with Ned and Robert.

Hell, this might even be Robert's chance to get a squire who isn't an utterly useless waste of meat if he should decide to declare royal prerogative and lay claim.

Not that I say THAT in front of my master. Don't want to cock block him as they say.

She LOVES it.
BUT... there's a condition. She has to dress for the occasion. This is going to be an EXCITING ride and going side saddle in a pretty dress would risk her being thrown.

She can have that ride later. Why, if she pouts enough I might even wear my armor and have it even be given a strong polish...

Around the third or fourth day of your stay in Winterfell, one of the stableboys, a huge kid around your age and if anything even stronger than you, but a mental midget who can only say his nickname, (Hodor) gets a ferocious kick to the head by the king's horse and is insensate for the rest of the day, when the sun is setting and his great-grandmother is weeping for the last of her family, he suddenly jerks straight up and turns to his great-granmother, a much brighter light in his eyes than ever before and says, "I say grandmother, why ever do you weep so?  Has some horrific calamity of brobdingnagian proportions occur?  Is our illustrious home of Winterfell under some brutal attack by some perfidious foe?  And why ever am I abed now?  Tis most befuddling a situation.  Why Great-Grandmother, are you quite alright?  Why ever do you stare at me with such intensity?"

Yea... so...that happened....
"Ah, my good friend, you were just kicked in the head by my father's unruly steed. Before now you seemed to be somewhat shy of wits, but the horse did seem to do you the unexpected kindness of knocking some sense into you." I smile. "Or at least it sundered the barriers around your mind, now allowing you to shine with your true light."

I look him over for a moment. "If Lord Stark allows it I might ask you to become my sworn man. Are you interested?"

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:16 am

Brian Boru wrote:
Your next competitor is a house knight for house Tyrell of all things, no one phenomenal but considering who he's serving, he's bound to be good.
Heh. Same as usual. Professional approach. I'm well past the anonymity play by now, so I might as well use being set against competent opponents to polish my technique. This too is training ^^
You might want to rework this, it's from the previous post which you already responded to.
It's a joust. That's not exactly a lot of room for improv (and one of the reasons why, OOC, I dislike them.). You can either try to show off, be matter-of-fact about things, or attempt to understate your skill so your future opponents underestimate you ... and at the end of the day, it's still just two guys in plate, on horses, riding towards one-another and only allowed to hit the one-another with a long stick.

Let's face it, narratively, unless there's something else going on, jousts are boring as dirt.

Hence why responses are gonna be same-y.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:23 am

Silver Sun 17 wrote:Yes
Alright then, you head into the mountains after the stag, losing sight of it for a while but managing to follow it's trail. When you manage to catch up to the creature, you find to your surprise that a huge shadow cat had attacked it, however, unlike most shadow cats which are a dark blue and purplish color, this one is a cream and gold color, though the stag's read blood also coats it.

What do you do and roll a d100.

Psyckosama wrote:"We just cleared the debt, father... lets make sure not to build ourselves a new one. I beg you."
He mutters something about thinking about it.

Before or after we fed it to Tywin Lannister with a side of two disobedient children and three incestious brats? Smile
Both, the city is starting to run out of clerks brave enough to even set eyes on that eldritch abomination of book cooking. And the clerks of Casterly Rock are starting to find that they are having an epidemic of sick relatives that live in the Reach or the Riverlands that need their immediate attention.

I respect them and I'd have the crown fund the construction of thier new facalties... but...

There wouldn't happen to be any small fortress islands in the bay would there? Razz

Or at least islands that could be turned into one...
There are a few barren rocks that might be big enough for their purposes between King's Landing and Dragonstone.

I respect their order... and will do so even as I cut them off at the knees.
Interesting way of showing respect.Razz 

"But try and run with it and I'll show you why it is unwise to fuck with a man who could kill the Mountain Who Rides in single combat without as much as a scratch..."

I smile. "I hope to see you return quickly, and intact. Maybe with a nice wildling lass to keep your busy. I hear they're very well named at that... story tells their passions make your average firebreathing dornish woman look like a blushing Highgarden virgin."
He's got it and off he goes. Crazy ass son ovva bitch most say.

I don't flinch but I keep my mouth shut. Though it looks like I do have something in mind.
Ned notices but doesn't say anything, Robert keeps a silent vigil.

"I'd see no man live on his knees. It's one thing to show respect well earned, but to force a man to kneel at the tip of a spear, to live on their knees forever wallowing in the dirt... it strips them of their dignity, of their honor, and turns them into just another beast. It's slavery disguised by a pretty lie."
Interesting. Better than some of those puffed up idiots from the Reach or the Westerlands.

"I honor the Seven, but I give my prayers to the Old Gods."
Interesting lad, very interesting, is there any reason why?

"Of course, m'lord."
Heh

"Indeed. But it's a mixed blessing for sure. Somethings you want to forget... though it does have its uses and I believe I will be able to use this ability for the benefit of the kingdom. It's not hard to imagine how a king could make use of such a gift."
He's certainly got memories he's glad he doesn't remember as if they'd just happened and shudders at what that must be like.

He bids you luck in your future endeavors.

"When we return to the capitol I may send you a personal invitation to visit my holdings in Dragonstone. It would be such a sad turn of events if my Steward were to... order the renovation of the guest quarters due to a entirely understandable miscommunication necessitating a prolonged stay in the capitol?"

I smile. If she just showed up, well, it might make her intentions obvious to her now dangerously paranoid sister. If it was just a collection of happenstance, well, it happens and I will be ordering the renovation of the keep... Wink
She smiles and thanks you with a bow of her head.

And many tricks are shown to the three boys.

In general I try and play the "Cool older brother" role.
And they love you for it.

If he's open to the idea we can bring it up with Ned and Robert.

Hell, this might even be Robert's chance to get a squire who isn't an utterly useless waste of meat if he should decide to declare royal prerogative and lay claim.

Not that I say THAT in front of my master. Don't want to cock block him as they say.
Martyn Lancet looks Jon over quietly and says that the only other who had greatly potential than him was you.

As for a royal squire. That DOES make Robert think, since Joff the shite and Sansa is long a bust maybe squiring his bastard might be a possibility. Ned says that it's up to Jon but you swear you see a tiny twitch in the corner of his eyes.

BUT... there's a condition. She has to dress for the occasion. This is going to be an EXCITING ride and going side saddle in a pretty dress would risk her being thrown.
She doesn't like that...

She can have that ride later. Why, if she pouts enough I might even wear my armor and have it even be given a strong polish...
...But seems to change her mind at that. The next day you find her wearing an outfit from a scullery maid that fits her shockingly well. And no PANTS will not go over with her. Your lucky she didn't just take one of her hand maiden's outfits.

"Ah, my good friend, you were just kicked in the head by my father's unruly steed. Before now you seemed to be somewhat shy of wits, but the horse did seem to do you the unexpected kindness of knocking some sense into you." I smile. "Or at least it sundered the barriers around your mind, now allowing you to shine with your true light."

I look him over for a moment. "If Lord Stark allows it I might ask you to become my sworn man. Are you interested?"
After about 5 minutes of non-stop purple prose you get a yes out of it though he is not exactly all that well trained. A light seems to GLEAM in Martyn's eyes ala History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi.

Rieverre wrote:It's a joust. That's not exactly a lot of room for improv (and one of the reasons why, OOC, I dislike them.). You can either try to show off, be matter-of-fact about things, or attempt to understate your skill so your future opponents underestimate you ... and at the end of the day, it's still just two guys in plate, on horses, riding towards one-another and only allowed to hit the one-another with a long stick.

Let's face it, narratively, unless there's something else going on, jousts are boring as dirt.

Hence why responses are gonna be same-y.
Good point. Well after cleaning house the rest of the day, you reach the end of the first round. When you head back to your camp you think you have a few hours before you need to go to bed. Anything you wish to do with those few hours?
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun 17 Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:34 am

Brian Boru wrote:
Alright then, you head into the mountains after the stag, losing sight of it for a while but managing to follow it's trail.  When you manage to catch up to the creature, you find to your surprise that a huge shadow cat had attacked it, however, unlike most shadow cats which are a dark blue and purplish color, this one is a cream and gold color, though the stag's read blood also coats it.

What do you do and roll a d100.

I try to take advantage of the disctraction offered by the stag and plant a throwing axe into the spine at the neck.

Silver Sun 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:34 am

The member 'Silver Sun 17' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd100' : 40

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:01 am

Brian Boru wrote:He mutters something about thinking about it.
"Father..." I give him a pained look.

Both, the city is starting to run out of clerks brave enough to even set eyes on that eldritch abomination of book cooking.  And the clerks of Casterly Rock are starting to find that they are having an epidemic of sick relatives that live in the Reach or the Riverlands that need their immediate attention.
I'm sure they'll stop after the first few decapitations.

Tywin isn't going to be pleased with such nonsense.

There are a few barren rocks that might be big enough for their purposes between King's Landing and Dragonstone.
We'll need to talk to them and work on the project.

Interesting way of showing respect.Razz 
I respect them but they're detrimental to my agenda for the kingdom, and thus they must be brought to task.

He's got it and off he goes.  Crazy ass son ovva bitch most say.
My kinda guy!

Interesting.  Better than some of those puffed up idiots from the Reach or the Westerlands.
"Honestly, I loathe both regions... the Westerlands are corrupt and arrogant in their wealth while the reach preach high chivalry while treating their small folks as if they were little better than cattle."

Interesting lad, very interesting, is there any reason why?
"My prayers are between me and the gods. I have no need for gilded halls nor for men in funny hats to save my soul."

Basically I consider religion a private thing, and as a whole believe that organized religion is a bit of a wash.

While individual septums and septas might be good, honest people who are honestly concerned for the souls of others and offer good and sound spiritual advice, as you rise in the hierarchy corruption begins to set in. It's really a case of lambs lead by pigs.

Yes, I've met the High Septum, why do you ask? Wink

He's certainly got memories he's glad he doesn't remember as if they'd just happened and shudders at what that must be like.
"That is the problem. If father sees the bastard in his dreams, I'd see it every waking moment"

He bids you luck in your future endeavors.
"I intend for you to be there... and you know what..." I lean forward, "Lord Arryn isn't going to be the hand of the king forever. He's getting old and will probably need to retire for his health sooner than later. When he does, I have no doubt Father will be returning North."

She smiles and thanks you with a bow of her head.
"My pleasure. If something like that happened to my sister, not even the gods themselves in all of their power and might could stop me from trying to help her. Know that in this we are of one mind."

And they love you for it.
"One day the four of us shall ride side by side in battle... so I want you three strong and ready to watch my back and each others..."

I look at Theon "And you may very well end up my Master of Ships. After all, they say there's salt water in the blood of every true Ironman and given half the chance I'm sure you'd take to the seas like an old lover."

In fact I might ask for him to be given a chance to Foster with me in Dragonstone after the trip for a year or two so he can pick up some seamanship ability. Wouldn't do for the lord of the Iron Islands to not know his way around a boat!

Martyn Lancet looks Jon over quietly and says that the only other who had greatly potential than him was you.
"I see it too."

As for a royal squire.  That DOES make Robert think, since Joff the shite and Sansa is long a bust maybe squiring his bastard might be a possibility.  Ned says that it's up to Jon but you swear you see a tiny twitch in the corner of his eyes.
It's up to them to discuss.

I do speak to Ned later.

She doesn't like that...
I give her a look. "I'm not taking you for a simply trot... though I might do that later. Then you can wear your PRETTIEST dress."

...But seems to change her mind at that.  The next day you find her wearing an outfit from a scullery maid that fits her shockingly well.  And no PANTS will not go over with her.  Your lucky she didn't just take one of her hand maiden's outfits.
Just wear something woolen hoes under her dress to cover her legs. Then I literally strap her to me and show her how a REAL horse rides. I want this to be EXCITING!

After all, a true lady has to be more than just another pretty face!

I want to encourage a love of horses and riding in her. It's something a respectable lady could be seen doing, its an outlet that gives her something to do besides swoon over fairy tails, and it is a survival skill...

After about 5 minutes of non-stop purple prose you get a yes out of it though he is not exactly all that well trained.  A light seems to GLEAM in Martyn's eyes ala History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi.
"Very well then. You will need proper training and for your training I can see no better man than my former master, Martyn. He's a good man of immeasurable talent and if he approves than I'm sure you will become the finest sword in the lands."

I look at his Grandmother. "And you, of course, shall live a life appropriate of the beloved grandmother of one of the Prince's sworn men. From now until the day you pass, you shall never be for want."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:12 pm

Brian Boru wrote:Good point.  Well after cleaning house the rest of the day, you reach the end of the first round.  When you head back to your camp you think you have a few hours before you need to go to bed. Anything you wish to do with those few hours?
Level up my filial piety.

Or, if you will, spend those few hours imparting what knowledge Re: Westeros I learned as a squire unto Mya. Since we're here and have such an ample supply of teaching aids, use the myriad of knights and their banners to quiz her on what she knows about each, and supplement with what I know as necessary. If and when she gets bored, wrap up with a brief lecture on the anatomy of the human body, leverage, hyperextension of joints and so on, but I keep it academic for the most part. We can drill in the morning to limber up.

If there's time left, hunt down Ser Martyn, play cards, and exchange observations regarding the other knights still in the tournament (know your enemy and all that) and the mood of the crowd.

"Yes, Ser Martyn, I am that paranoid," I reply when he calls me on it. "After no fewer than two assassination attempts, I feel as though I'm somewhat entitled."

... also, grin and ask him how the betting odds on the Knight of the Hood stand.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:56 am

Silver Sun 17 wrote:I try to take advantage of the disctraction offered by the stag and plant a throwing axe into the spine at the neck.

You miss by two hands' breadth and strike the beast in the shoulder, not enough to kill it, but enough to get it off the stag and piss it right the hell off. It turns its attention to you and lurches after you, apparently that shot did hurt the thing.

[quote="Psyckosama"]"Father..." I give him a pained look. [quote]

"Alright already, I'll think of something....smaller..." He actually shuddered at that word.

I'm sure they'll stop after the first few decapitations.

Tywin isn't going to be pleased with such nonsense.
True but they still try at first.

We'll need to talk to them and work on the project.
Alright.

I respect them but they're detrimental to my agenda for the kingdom, and thus they must be brought to task.
Indeed.

My kinda guy!
He would be:P 

"Honestly, I loathe both regions... the Westerlands are corrupt and arrogant in their wealth while the reach preach high chivalry while treating their small folks as if they were little better than cattle."
He blinks a bit at the vehemence but understands the mentality considering your origins it's understandable.

"My prayers are between me and the gods. I have no need for gilded halls nor for men in funny hats to save my soul."

Basically I consider religion a private thing, and as a whole believe that organized religion is a bit of a wash.

While individual septums and septas might be good, honest people who are honestly concerned for the souls of others and offer good and sound spiritual advice, as you rise in the hierarchy corruption begins to set in. It's really a case of lambs lead by pigs.

Yes, I've met the High Septum, why do you ask? Wink
He honestly bursts out laughing, he seems to like you.

"That is the problem. If father sees the bastard in his dreams, I'd see it every waking moment"
He grimaces at that.

"I intend for you to be there... and you know what..." I lean forward, "Lord Arryn isn't going to be the hand of the king forever. He's getting old and will probably need to retire for his health sooner than later. When he does, I have no doubt Father will be returning North."
"Spare me from that honor."

"My pleasure. If something like that happened to my sister, not even the gods themselves in all of their power and might could stop me from trying to help her. Know that in this we are of one mind."
She makes an honest smile and then turns and heads off to her other duties.

"One day the four of us shall ride side by side in battle... so I want you three strong and ready to watch my back and each others..."
They promise to do so. Jon saying that he'll the Captain of your kingsguard.

I look at Theon "And you may very well end up my Master of Ships. After all, they say there's salt water in the blood of every true Ironman and given half the chance I'm sure you'd take to the seas like an old lover."
He smiles at that.

In fact I might ask for him to be given a chance to Foster with me in Dragonstone after the trip for a year or two so he can pick up some seamanship ability. Wouldn't do for the lord of the Iron Islands to not know his way around a boat!
Probably a smart idea.

"I see it too."
"You have good eyes lad."

It's up to them to discuss.

I do speak to Ned later.
Well Jon IS a bit too young to squire JUST yet.

I give her a look. "I'm not taking you for a simply trot... though I might do that later. Then you can wear your PRETTIEST dress."
That mollifies her.

Just wear something woolen hoes under her dress to cover her legs. Then I literally strap her to me and show her how a REAL horse rides. I want this to be EXCITING!

After all, a true lady has to be more than just another pretty face!

I want to encourage a love of horses and riding in her. It's something a respectable lady could be seen doing, its an outlet that gives her something to do besides swoon over fairy tails, and it is a survival skill...
She LOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS the ride though it gives Catlyn conniptions watching you go full tilt like that.

"Very well then. You will need proper training and for your training I can see no better man than my former master, Martyn. He's a good man of immeasurable talent and if he approves than I'm sure you will become the finest sword in the lands."
Martyn has NO problems training the lad how to fight. While at Winterfell Martyn soon sees that Hodor's seems to be particularly talented with a battle ax, able to swing an axe with one hand most men need two for. And he STILL has several more years of growth in him. He also waxes poetic during these exercises NON-STOP, doesn't slow him down or distract him he just does it automatically it seems.

I look at his Grandmother. "And you, of course, shall live a life appropriate of the beloved grandmother of one of the Prince's sworn men. From now until the day you pass, you shall never be for want."

She weeps and thanks you for your kindness.

Rieverre wrote:Level up my filial piety.

Or, if you will, spend those few hours imparting what knowledge Re: Westeros I learned as a squire unto Mya. Since we're here and have such an ample supply of teaching aids, use the myriad of knights and their banners to quiz her on what she knows about each, and supplement with what I know as necessary. If and when she gets bored, wrap up with a brief lecture on the anatomy of the human body, leverage, hyperextension of joints and so on, but I keep it academic for the most part. We can drill in the morning to limber up.
She does well enough with the Vale Banners but any outside of the Vale she struggles with except for the major house like the Lannisters or the Hightowers.

As for the physical stuff, she picks up quickly enough but it's obvious a warrior she will not be over night.

If there's time left, hunt down Ser Martyn, play cards, and exchange observations regarding the other knights still in the tournament (know your enemy and all that) and the mood of the crowd.

"Yes, Ser Martyn, I am that paranoid," I reply when he calls me on it. "After no fewer than two assassination attempts, I feel as though I'm somewhat entitled."

... also, grin and ask him how the betting odds on the Knight of the Hood stand.
"Understandable lad but no haven't heard anything that I haven't heard at every tournament I've ever been."

"Considering how you're thrashing everyone you come across...they're VERY interested in how tommrow will go lad. Why? Plan on placing some bets on yourself?"
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun 17 Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:02 am

Brian Boru wrote:
You miss by two hands' breadth and strike the beast in the shoulder, not enough to kill it, but enough to get it off the stag and piss it right the hell off.  It turns its attention to you and lurches after you, apparently that shot did hurt the thing.

Aliser, in the forest with the Warhammer. (hit the thing with the warhammer)

Silver Sun 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:26 am

Brian Boru wrote:"Alright already, I'll think of something....smaller..."  He actually shuddered at that word.
"I'll help.One can be grand and thrift if they know how to pull it off."

True but they still try at first.
Yep.

He blinks a bit at the vehemence but understands the mentality considering your origins it's understandable.
"If you expect men to act like men, then you shouldn't treat them as animals, for as in all things, you reap what you sow."

He honestly bursts out laughing, he seems to like you.
May I see your Godswood? It's been some time since I've been able to have a good long moment infront of a Hearttree. Father is understandably uncomfortable with my faith though he tries not to judge.

He grimaces at that.
"Aye. I've had to learn to compartmentalize my memories and emotions somewhat."

"Spare me from that honor."
"When I become king, I will attempt to but you may be asked to take up the role for a time while I put my rule in order... I will need good and reliable man of honor and reputation to help cement my rule. Once it is done, I'd dismiss you as soon as was reasonably possible with my eternal thanks and the greatest of honors and then probably appoint Tyrion to the position. Do not let his small stature fool you, the man is a giant."

I sigh. "My father on the other hand... I'm sorry to say but there is no other choice he'd accept. I mean seriously, who would you have him chose? Stannis is a good man and I love him as a good nephew should love an uncle, but the man is as inflexible and uncompromising as you'll never meet. Anyone with the Lannister name is of course out of the question. Lord Tully is too old and his son, according to what I've heard, is much like my father absent his good graces. Mace Tyrell is a buffoon, Doran Martell loathes my father for her complacency in his sister's death... and I don't think I could even mention Balon Greyjoy in his line of conversation without breaking out into laughter."

"Who would you suggest?"

She makes an honest smile and then turns and heads off to her other duties.
Polite bow to the lady and I go about mine.

They promise to do so.  Jon saying that he'll the Captain of your kingsguard.
"Maybe... and I'd welcome you by my side as I would a brother... but don't be so swift to dismiss yourself from the joys of family. Remember, Jon, I too am a bastard... and I swear that the first thing I will do when I take my crown is reward you with an honorable name that your sons shall never be called 'Snow'."

I smile at him. "How about Wolf? Would you like to be Jon Wolf? A majestic beast, fearsome and cunning to its enemies, loyal and true to its friends, and a reminder that while you may not be of the line, you are of House Stark Born."

He smiles at that.
"I will speak to my father."

Probably a smart idea.
I mention it to Robert. Maybe have him foster at Dragonstone when he comes of age... give him some experience sailing ships and living on damp, gods forsaken rocks like the rest of his kind. Keep him from being rejected in hand.

"You have good eyes lad."
I nod.

Well Jon IS a bit too young to squire JUST yet.
Just yet. But I think my father would take him him as a son. After all, to Robert, Stark blood is as precious to him as Baratheon blood.

That mollifies her.
I'm pleased.

She LOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS the ride though it gives Catlyn conniptions watching you go full tilt like that.
"Trust me, my lady. No harm will come to her. I swear this on my soul..."

And I mention to Robert... we need to send the girl a swift and agile pony for her name day. Wink

Then she gets her princess ride.

Martyn has NO problems training the lad how to fight.  While at Winterfell Martyn soon sees that Hodor's seems to be particularly talented with a battle ax, able to swing an axe with one hand most men need two for.  And he STILL has several more years of growth in him.  He also waxes poetic during these exercises NON-STOP, doesn't slow him down or distract him he just does it automatically it seems.
I arrange for a Maester to tutor him. The man seems to have the makings of a warrior poet in him! Complain not but encourage the habit!

She weeps and thanks you for your kindness.
"Kindness? No... this is but reciprocity. One day your grandson will be the mightiest of my bannermen. For me to neglect you who raised him would render me nothing but a base and honorless knave. It is I who should be thanking you. for raising such a good man... I feel the Gods have smiled on all of us. We are thrice blessed this day."

I bow slightly to her to show my respect and kiss her on the hand as one would a proper lady. "You have my eternal thanks."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:52 am

Brian Boru wrote:She does well enough with the Vale Banners but any outside of the Vale she struggles with except for the major house like the Lannisters or the Hightowers.

As for the physical stuff, she picks up quickly enough but it's obvious a warrior she will not be over night.
Good. I'm patient and encouraging. I know she won't become hell on wheels overnight, but every little bit helps. It's a dangerous world, moreso for us than others at the moment, given recent events. I let her know that I just feel more confident in whatever I'm doing at the time when I know that I've given her the tools she needs to fend for herself more effectively.

"Understandable lad but no haven't heard anything that I haven't heard at every tournament I've ever been."

"Considering how you're thrashing everyone you come across...they're VERY interested in how tommrow will go lad.  Why?  Plan on placing some bets on yourself?"
"Who've I got tomorrow anyway? If they're giving my opponents decent odds to win, I'd certainly be tempted. I seem to have come into a windfall of disposable income recently."
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:59 am

Silver Sun 17 wrote:Aliser, in the forest with the Warhammer. (hit the thing with the warhammer)
You limber your hammer, the black steel head glimmers in the sunlight, the huge cat leaps for your throat, a scream of hatred erupts from its fanged mouth, you swing, and the hammer connects bringing the cat down. With another swing you end the cat. The stag is still standing where is had been attacked. Staring at you and the dead cat, what do you do now?

Psyckosama wrote:"I'll help.One can be grand and thrift if they know how to pull it off."
He'll need it.

"If you expect men to act like men, then you shouldn't treat them as animals, for as in all things, you reap what you sow."
He agrees.

[quote]May I see your Godswood? It's been some time since I've been able to have a good long moment infront of a Hearttree. Father is understandably uncomfortable with my faith though he tries not to judge.
[

He has no problem with that.

[quote]"Aye. I've had to learn to compartmentalize my memories and emotions somewhat."
He grunts an acknowledgment.

"When I become king, I will attempt to but you may be asked to take up the role for a time while I put my rule in order... I will need good and reliable man of honor and reputation to help cement my rule. Once it is done, I'd dismiss you as soon as was reasonably possible with my eternal thanks and the greatest of honors and then probably appoint Tyrion to the position. Do not let his small stature fool you, the man is a giant."

I sigh. "My father on the other hand... I'm sorry to say but there is no other choice he'd accept. I mean seriously, who would you have him chose? Stannis is a good man and I love him as a good nephew should love an uncle, but the man is as inflexible and uncompromising as you'll never meet. Anyone with the Lannister name is of course out of the question. Lord Tully is too old and his son, according to what I've heard, is much like my father absent his good graces. Mace Tyrell is a buffoon, Doran Martell loathes my father for her complacency in his sister's death... and I don't think I could even mention Balon Greyjoy in his line of conversation without breaking out into laughter."

"Who would you suggest?"
He's silent for a while, when you put it that way...

Polite bow to the lady and I go about mine.
Alright.

"Maybe... and I'd welcome you by my side as I would a brother... but don't be so swift to dismiss yourself from the joys of family. Remember, Jon, I too am a bastard... and I swear that the first thing I will do when I take my crown is reward you with an honorable name that your sons shall never be called 'Snow'."

I smile at him. "How about Wolf? Would you like to be Jon Wolf? A majestic beast, fearsome and cunning to its enemies, loyal and true to its friends, and a reminder that while you may not be of the line, you are of House Stark Born."
He's young enough to hold onto that sort of hope, and he wouldn't mind that at all. Lady Stark=NERVOUS BREAKDOWN!

"I will speak to my father."
Robert isn't entirely sure about that sort of thing when you bring it up, Ned's the one who's his official host, wanna try and make an argument for it?

I mention it to Robert. Maybe have him foster at Dragonstone when he comes of age... give him some experience sailing ships and living on damp, gods forsaken rocks like the rest of his kind. Keep him from being rejected in hand.
And with that he's a bit more convinced, but he hammers it HARD into your head that his behavior is your responsibility, he slips up it's on your head.

Just yet. But I think my father would take him him as a son. After all, to Robert, Stark blood is as precious to him as Baratheon blood.
Maybe not a son but he would like the kid, like a mini-Ned.

"Trust me, my lady. No harm will come to her. I swear this on my soul..."
The 'you had better' is so cold even you shudder in mild terror.

And I mention to Robert... we need to send the girl a swift and agile pony for her name day. Wink
But of course.

Then she gets her princess ride.
The wild ride PALES in comparison to her love of this one, Arya she is NOT!

I arrange for a Maester to tutor him. The man seems to have the makings of a warrior poet in him! Complain not but encourage the habit!
Luwin's the Maester of Winterfell and is the first to begin tutoring him though a raven IS sent to try and acquire another. He soaks up what Luwin teaches him like a sponge, though considering how low he started it isn't as huge as you'd think.

"Kindness? No... this is but reciprocity. One day your grandson will be the mightiest of my bannermen. For me to neglect you who raised him would render me nothing but a base and honorless knave. It is I who should be thanking you. for raising such a good man... I feel the Gods have smiled on all of us. We are thrice blessed this day."

I bow slightly to her to show my respect and kiss her on the hand as one would a proper lady. "You have my eternal thanks."
She returns the thanks.

Almost a month passes before Robert finally admits that it's time to head on out, onward to the Riverlands and the Tullys. Any last minute things you want to do?

Rieverre wrote:Good. I'm patient and encouraging. I know she won't become hell on wheels overnight, but every little bit helps. It's a dangerous world, moreso for us than others at the moment, given recent events. I let her know that I just feel more confident in whatever I'm doing at the time when I know that I've given her the tools she needs to fend for herself more effectively.
Te heartwarming...it overwhelms...

"Who've I got tomorrow anyway? If they're giving my opponents decent odds to win, I'd certainly be tempted. I seem to have come into a windfall of disposable income recently."
"Barristan Selmy, Jaime Lannister, and the Cleganes are all still in this competition. Any one of those men could be considered the greatest jouster in Westeros depending on who you asked, so yes, the stakes are astoundingly high."
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun 17 Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:07 am

Brian Boru wrote:
You limber your hammer, the black steel head glimmers in the sunlight, the huge cat leaps for your throat, a scream of hatred erupts from its fanged mouth, you swing, and the hammer connects bringing the cat down.  With another swing you end the cat.  The stag is still standing where is had been attacked.  Staring at you and the dead cat, what do you do now?
I leave the Stag be; the Shadow cat is trophy enough. I dismount my horse, tie it off and skin the shadow cat, keeping the hide as intact as possible.

Silver Sun 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:25 am

Brian Boru wrote:He'll need it.
Righto.

He agrees.
"I knew you would. Your honorable."

He has no problem with that.
And I do.

He grunts an acknowledgment.
I nod back.

He's silent for a while, when you put it that way...
"Exactly. And as the old saying goes, the man who deserves power most is the one who wants it least..."

He's young enough to hold onto that sort of hope, and he wouldn't mind that at all.  Lady Stark=NERVOUS BREAKDOWN!
"There must always be a Stark in Winterfell."

Robert isn't entirely sure about that sort of thing when you bring it up, Ned's the one who's his official host, wanna try and make an argument for it?
I just drop the idea for future note.

Jon's very uncomfortable with being a "Snow". He's a good lad and deserves some pride. While he'll never be a Stark, his wife would never allow it, I believe he should have something he can call himself that doesn't brand him with such a stigma. Being a bastard is a sorry lot in life, even for those of high born parentage. I have my own share of scars both physical and emotional from it.

And with that he's a bit more convinced, but he hammers it HARD into your head that his behavior is your responsibility, he slips up it's on your head.
He's a good kid. Maybe when he comes of squiring age?

Maybe not a son but he would like the kid, like a mini-Ned.
I mean love him like he would a son.

The 'you had better' is so cold even you shudder in mild terror.
"I will."

But of course.
I wonder how she takes it...

The wild ride PALES in comparison to her love of this one, Arya she is NOT!
I get it. I know. I was just trying to plant the idea that horses can be EXCITING!

After all, it can be a lady like hobby...

Speaking of Arya I do play with her as I do all the Stark kids.

Luwin's the Maester of Winterfell and is the first to begin tutoring him though a raven IS sent to try and acquire another.  He soaks up what Luwin teaches him like a sponge, though considering how low he started it isn't as huge as you'd think.
Ah. I also hire a bard... if he's going to be a poet he better be a good one!

She returns the thanks.
And my honor is sated.

Almost a month passes before Robert finally admits that it's time to head on out, onward to the Wall.  Any last minute things you want to do?
Regretfully leave with a strong goodbye. I promises Theron that one day he will come to Dragonstone to learn the seas. Hopefully by then I'd have learned how to sail well enough to teach him myself.

Robb I tell that one day he will be one of my closest comrades and a brother in arms. I'm looking forward to seeing my Stag and his Wolf fly together against whatever fools might challenge us.

Jon. I'm sure we'll see each other sooner than you'd think.

And Sansa... expect something special for your name day. I will say nothing else.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:27 am

Brian Boru wrote:Te heartwarming...it overwhelms...
This setting is sort of light where it comes to that. I'm just doing my part to make up the difference. ^^

"Barristan Selmy, Jaime Lannister, and the Cleganes are all still in this competition.  Any one of those men could be considered the greatest jouster in Westeros depending on who you asked, so yes, the stakes are astoundingly high."
In which case, yes, I probably will put down some bets on myself, or rather have Ser Martyn do so for me. ^^ In that august company, I'm not going to stand out too much at all, or at least I won't appear to. That makes for some good odds.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:41 am

Silver Sun 17 wrote:I leave the Stag be; the Shadow cat is trophy enough. I dismount my horse, tie it off and skin the shadow cat, keeping the hide as intact as possible.
You swear you see the Stag dip its in respect before it bounds off into the wilds. Quickly skinning the cat you head down to the rest of the company and everyone is amazed at you kill and they ask the story behind the hunt and what do you plan to do with said hide?

Psyckosama wrote:"I knew you would. Your honorable."
He thanks you for that.

"Exactly. And as the old saying goes, the man who deserves power most is the one who wants it least..."
"'Because he'll be the only one who will wield it wisely.'"

"There must always be a Stark in Winterfell."
The level of terror goes down to what his Great-Great-Great.....50...Great-Granchildren might do to hers.... (actually his grandchildren and Robb's but you get the idea.) Razz 

I just drop the idea for future note.

Jon's very uncomfortable with being a "Snow". He's a good lad and deserves some pride. While he'll never be a Stark, his wife would never allow it, I believe he should have something he can call himself that doesn't brand him with such a stigma. Being a bastard is a sorry lot in life, even for those of high born parentage. I have my own share of scars both physical and emotional from it.
They agree that maybe something could be done but they'll need to discuss it a bit. Maybe transplant him to another part of Westeros if they go ahead with this. Though Ned is STRONGLY opposed to taking him away from the North.

He's a good kid. Maybe when he comes of squiring age?
We'll see.

I mean love him like he would a son.
Maybe.

[quote]I wonder how she takes it...[/quotes]

Loves it.

I get it. I know. I was just trying to plant the idea that horses can be EXCITING!

After all, it can be a lady like hobby...
True and you think riding in of itself has got her attention though you get the feeling she'll NEVER be the rider her aunt Lyanna was.

Speaking of Arya I do play with her as I do all the Stark kids.
She's little more than a baby but she seems to like you.

Ah. I also hire a bard... if he's going to be a poet he better be a good one!
The bard that manages to get up to Winterfell while Hodor is NEVER going to be a singer. His elocution and vocabulary is astounding to behold.

Regretfully leave with a strong goodbye. I promises Theron that one day he will come to Dragonstone to learn the seas. Hopefully by then I'd have learned how to sail well enough to teach him myself.
He awaits a-quiver with anticipation.

Robb I tell that one day he will be one of my closest comrades and a brother in arms. I'm looking forward to seeing my Stag and his Wolf fly together against whatever fools might challenge us.
He promises that he'll be there like his father was.

Jon. I'm sure we'll see each other sooner than you'd think.
He blinks but doesn't say anything.

And Sansa... expect something special for your name day. I will say nothing else.
She almost vibrates with anticipation.

Either way the royal procession rides on Northward. You enter the lands of the Umbers, the final important house before entering the lands officially run by the Nightswatch. Do you visit these big and powerful men or do you pass onward?

Rieverre wrote:This setting is sort of light where it comes to that. I'm just doing my part to make up the difference. ^^
Heh oh so very true.

In which case, yes, I probably will put down some bets on myself, or rather have Ser Martyn do so for me. ^^ In that august company, I'm not going to stand out too much at all, or at least I won't appear to. That makes for some good odds.
"Just try not to get yourself killed lad. That's all I ask."

The next day, you ride out against the best men in the 7 kingdoms.

Your first opponent. Jaime Lannister. The Golden Lion. The Kingslayer. The Member of the Kingsguard. One of the best swordsmen or jousters in all of Westeros.

Roll a d10.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:57 am

Brian Boru wrote:He thanks you for that.
"No need to thank me for stating the obvious."

"'Because he'll be the only one who will wield it wisely.'"
"Exactly.

The level of terror goes down to what his Great-Great-Great.....50...Great-Granchildren might do to hers....  (actually his grandchildren and Robb's but you get the idea.)  Razz 
And does she WANT to ensure it happens? Because what she could have done instead was work to make the boy loyal to Robb and the family and start a tradition of brotherhood... rather than him becoming loyal to Robb despite her best efforts.

They agree that maybe something could be done but they'll need to discuss it a bit.  Maybe transplant him to another part of Westeros if they go ahead with this.  Though Ned is STRONGLY opposed to taking him away from the North.
I know. You love your son. He's good lad and does not deserve the trials he's faced. I know because I've shared those same challenges.

Maybe we could do what we did with the Lannister bastards. Legitimize him but bar his line from succession?

Random thoughts here.

We'll see.
Nice.

Maybe.
I think so. He's got a big heart... its just full of pain. Trying to help him with that.

Loves it.
Good.

True and you think riding in of itself has got her attention though you get the feeling she'll NEVER be the rider her aunt Lyanna was.
Few are. Still, everyone needs a hobby.

She's little more than a baby but she seems to like you.
"I have a feeling you're going to drive your mother up the walls and over the ceiling."

Somehow a child's play sword finds its way into her toy box not long before I leave. Wink

Somehow.

The bard that manages to get up to Winterfell while Hodor is NEVER going to be a singer.  His elocution and vocabulary is astounding to behold.
Bards also do Poetry...

He awaits a-quiver with anticipation.
"Be ready."

He promises that he'll be there like his father was.
"I know you will. And I'm sure you will be the finest general in all the kingdoms."

He blinks but doesn't say anything.
He gets a strong pay on the back.

She almost vibrates with anticipation.
And soon after I order a white pony mare, a young one of the best breeding, health, stamina, speed, and agility... sent to Winterfel to arrive at the time of her name day.

So, all in all what did the imp think of Winterfell and did he suggest anything while I was there

Either way the royal procession rides on Northward.  You enter the lands of the Umbers, the final important house before entering the lands officially run by the Nightswatch. Do you visit these big and powerful men or do you pass onward?
If Robert has no complaints I do.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:42 am

Brian Boru wrote:"Just try not to get yourself killed lad.  That's all I ask."

The next day, you ride out against the best men in the 7 kingdoms.

Your first opponent.  Jaime Lannister.  The Golden Lion.  The Kingslayer.  The Member of the Kingsguard.  One of the best swordsmen or jousters in all of Westeros.

Roll a d10.
I'll do this by the numbers, and I'm pretty glad I had the practice of the previous bouts working up to this.

As it is, I'll probably walk away from this with more than a few knocks taken.

Last edited by Rieverre on Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:42 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : missed a quote tag)
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:42 am

The member 'Rieverre' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd10' : 8

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:25 am

Psyckosama wrote:"No need to thank me for stating the obvious."
Alright

And does she WANT to ensure it happens? Because what she could have done instead was work to make the boy loyal to Robb and the family and start a tradition of brotherhood... rather than him becoming loyal to Robb despite her best efforts.
Not a bad argument and one he'll try and get across to her.

I know. You love your son. He's good lad and does not deserve the trials he's faced. I know because I've shared those same challenges.

Maybe we could do what we did with the Lannister bastards. Legitimize him but bar his line from succession?

Random thoughts here.
A thought and one they'll remember, but it ultimately is up to Jon to decide.

I think so. He's got a big heart... its just full of pain. Trying to help him with that.
Indeed.

Few are. Still, everyone needs a hobby.
True.

"I have a feeling you're going to drive your mother up the walls and over the ceiling."
She giggles.

Somehow a child's play sword finds its way into her toy box not long before I leave. Wink

Somehow.
Heh and she seems to like it.

Bards also do Poetry...
True.

"Be ready."
He will be.

"I know you will. And I'm sure you will be the finest general in all the kingdoms."
He preens at that.

He gets a strong pay on the back.
He seems to like it.

And soon after I order a white pony mare, a young one of the best breeding, health, stamina, speed, and agility... sent to Winterfel to arrive at the time of her name day.
You swear you hear a girlish SQUEE coming from the general direction of Winterfell on that day. Even if you were in Dorne.

So, all in all what did the imp think of Winterfell and did he suggest anything while I was there
He thinks you did exceptionally well but he wonders how you'll handle somewhere that familial friendships aren't already in place.

If Robert has no complaints I do.
Then on you go to the land of the Umbers, the Last Hearth is more like a Celtic Hillfort than a Westerosi Castle, though there is a sturdy stone keep at the top of the thing.

You are quickly greeted by the Umbers, all huge and hairy men some of them close to the size of the Mountain while all are at least as tall as your father. Greetings to the king are respectful but Greatjon looks you up and down, and says, "So this is the new heir, from all accounts he's better than the last but...is he a good heir?"

You can smell the challenge there. You're going to have to prove yourself to this man right here, right now if you're ever going to get his personal respect.

Rieverre wrote:I'll do this by the numbers, and I'm pretty glad I had the practice of the previous bouts working up to this.

As it is, I'll probably walk away from this with more than a few knocks taken.

The two of you crack lances against each other, blows that on other men would have sent them flying off of their horses.

But both of you still sit, though GODS DID THAT SMART! You line up again and get ready to charge.

Another d10.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:40 am

Brian Boru wrote:Not a bad argument and one he'll try and get across to her.
Hope it works.

A thought and one they'll remember, but it ultimately is up to Jon to decide.
Of course. Was just putting it out.

Heh and she seems to like it.
Muhahahaha!!!!

True.
A warrior and a poet... its an ideal.

He will be.
I nod. "I know."

He preens at that.
I give him a playful thump on the shoulder. "But don't let it get to your head now!"

Wink!

He seems to like it.
"And you, will prove that you are greater than any could have imagined."

You swear you hear a girlish SQUEE coming from the general direction of Winterfell on that day.  Even if you were in Dorne.
"Hmmm... she liked it."

He thinks you did exceptionally well but he wonders how you'll handle somewhere that familial friendships aren't already in place.
"We'll see. Because after the Wall comes the Greyjoys."

Then on you go to the land of the Umbers, the Last Hearth is more like a Celtic Hillfort than a Westerosi Castle, though there is a sturdy stone keep at the top of the thing.
Interesting. Very First Man. I like it.

You are quickly greeted by the Umbers, all huge and hairy men some of them close to the size of the Mountain while all are at least as tall as your father.  Greetings to the king are respectful but Greatjon looks you up and down, and says, "So this is the new heir, from all accounts he's better than the last but...is he a good heir?"

You can smell the challenge there.  You're going to have to prove yourself to this man right here, right now if you're ever going to get his personal respect.
"I see," I grin and step up to him. "I know a challenge when I see one, and I believe it is the tradition for the challenged to decide the matter of battle... Let is fight this like true men, with naught but our wits and fists." I grin impishly. "What say you, Greyjon?"

Yes, I know I might very well get my ass kicked but at least I'm going to give a damned good showing!

Psyckosama carried out 1 launched of one d100 :

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:31 am

Psyckosama wrote:Hope it works.
Keep your fingers crossed.

Of course. Was just putting it out.
kool

Muhahahaha!!!!
Damn you evil!

A warrior and a poet... its an ideal.
Heh

I nod. "I know."
Kool

I give him a playful thump on the shoulder. "But don't let it get to your head now!"

Wink!
He laughs good naturedly.

"And you, will prove that you are greater than any could have imagined."
He looks at you a bit confused.

"Hmmm... she liked it."
Heh

"We'll see. Because after the Wall comes the Greyjoys."
"Gods be with lad on that one. And you might want bring a few more men when you make that visit. At least another 1000 would be preferable." He says bemused.

Interesting. Very First Man. I like it.
Heh.

"I see," I grin and step up to him. "I know a challenge when I see one, and I believe it is the tradition for the challenged to decide the matter of battle... Let is fight this like true men, with naught but our wits and fists." I grin impishly. "What say you, Greyjon?"

Yes, I know I might very well get my ass kicked but at least I'm going to give a damned good showing!

It's a vicious fight one where the Greatjon's massive size, reach, and experience versus your youth, speed and agility.

You win but you come out of it with two black eyes, a busted lip and more bruises than you want to count.

The greatjon is anything worse off, but laughing like a loon and you KNOW that you've just gotten a VERY strong supporter.

You then go on to meet the rest of the Umbers, Smalljon Umber, the Greatjon's son and heir and you're convinced will be the only man able to outmuscle even you when you reach your prime. Hother 'Whorsebane' Umber, Mors 'Crowsfood' Umber and so on. One of the last is a young woman named Morra Umber, she's a few years older than you...and you're forced to look UP to see her eye to eye. You're sure once you're done growing you'll be taller than her...but gods is it disconcerting also as to her general build...imagine a less absurd version of the Amazon from Dragon's Crown. Also the undiluted HUNGER you get from her eyes when she looks in your general direction leaves you feeling like a lame baby bunny in the middle of a pack of starving Direwolves.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:05 am

Brian Boru wrote:Keep your fingers crossed.
I will.

Damn you evil!
Ever any doubt?

Heh
So how does it work?

He laughs good naturedly.
I laugh with him.

He looks at you a bit confused.
"It means I have faith in you."

"Hmmm... she liked it."
When its appropriate I'd like to get her Raven.

"Gods be with lad on that one.  And you might want bring a few more men when you make that visit.  At least another 1000 would be preferable."  He says bemused.
"Actually I'm half tempted to loot his treasury, burn the iron fleet, kidnap his daughter, and proclaim her to be my salt-wife..."

Evil grin.

"While I favor the Old Gods, Doesn't the Faith tell you to should treat others the way you wish to be treated?"

I laugh. "Though seriously, I think I'm going to be drowning some motherfuckers while I'm there."

It's a vicious fight one where the Greatjon's massive size, reach, and experience versus your youth, speed and agility.

You win but you come out of it with two black eyes, a busted lip and more bruises than you want to count.

The greatjon is anything worse off, but laughing like a loon and you KNOW that you've just gotten a VERY strong supporter.
I'm laughing like a loon too and give him a solid thump on the black when we both climb to our feet. "You hit pretty hard for an old man, Greyjon!" Laugh some more. "I don't know about you, but I could use some drink!"

I smile to Robert. "What say you, Father? I hear the mead this far north is like the sweet nectar of the Maiden's bosom!"

You then go on to meet the rest of the Umbers, Smalljon Umber, the Greatjon's son and heir and you're convinced will be the only man able to outmuscle even you when you reach your prime.  Hother 'Whorsebane' Umber, Mors 'Crowsfood' Umber and so on.  One of the last is a young woman named Morra Umber, she's a few years older than you...and you're forced to look UP to see her eye to eye.  You're sure once you're done growing you'll be taller than her...but gods is it disconcerting also as to her general build...imagine a less absurd version of the Amazon from Dragon's Crown.  Also the undiluted HUNGER you get from her eyes when she looks in your general direction leaves you feeling like a lame baby bunny in the middle of a pack of starving Direwolves.
Moon Tea. My gods. Moon Tea.

I don't think I'm going to have much say in this one. Wink

Still, I do make sure Greatjon won't be offended... I don't want to piss off my hosts.

I also tell the tales of my deeds so far... or at least the ones what Robert will allow and if it won't look like I'm being arrogant.

My first battle! My first trial! Discovering the treason in the court! Defeating the mountain! Brokering peace with the Mountain Men! Finding the tomb of my lost ancestor and the family axes!

And of course I mention that latest of my deeds was defeating the mighty Greatjon Umber in a man-to-man fist fight. Believe me, that ones worthy of song in my book! Anyone who disagrees, I will challenge to come to the north and let him punch them in the face! Wink

On another note, during a calm moment I do suggest to Greatjon that he send an envoy to the Mountain Men. I believe that they're going to need some intermediaries who know how Westerosi culture works, his family is of First Man blood, and only a damned fool would ever accuse them of kneeling to anyone. If they're able to handle this tactically he might be able to gain immense trade profit from it as they set up trade and mining operations.

I also share some potatos with him and comment these crops will do well in the harshness of the far north.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:52 am

Brian Boru wrote:The two of you crack lances against each other, blows that on other men would have sent them flying off of their horses.  

But both of you still sit, though GODS DID THAT SMART!  You line up again and get ready to charge.

Another d10.
Move my arm around a bit to get circulation back before the next pass. Well, that was interesting. Now that I know how he hits, or at least to begin with, I try to mess up his tempo, slowing perceptibly a few seconds before the clash and then immediately accelerating again to get more bang from my strike when we exchange blows.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:52 am

The member 'Rieverre' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd10' : 2

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 34 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 24 ... 34  Next