Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus!

Page 19 of 34 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 26 ... 34  Next

Go down

Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus! - Page 19 Empty Re: Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus!

Post by Rieverre on Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:35 am

Brian Boru wrote:The king actually makes a joke about how they all look so much alike, they mistake 5th cousins for 1st cousins more often than is healthy. Certainly crude but considering what else has happened today....

I certainly can't begrudge anyone else the use of crude humor, especially not when I use it myself, and as a safety valve as well.

You saw hot fury, now you see cold fury and to be honest, you can't tell which is more terrifying.  He promises that these assassins will be hunted down and put down like the dogs they are as swiftly as is possible.

"Much as the work is distasteful, the killers themselves are but working men. Decent by their quality and execution, but those we took alive and sent to the noose were hardly in it for themselves," I reply with a similar chill to my words. "I would have the paymasters, the factors, those who set them on their path. And educate them on the folly of their ways."

My tone leaves little doubt on the nature of such education, nor on the result thereof.

"Unfortunately, there were no survivors who knew anything beyond our rough descriptions, so we can only guess at who those are."

I briefly relate to him the course of the two ambushes, and the results.

Then with that you and Mya are brought back up to the Keep with you and your half-brother Joffrey, who could win awards for petulant sullen shits what with his face and his general demeanor, as the guests of honor.

Before we head off, I ask Robert if we could include Ser Martyn in those arrangements. Both Mya and myself owe him quite a bit, I learned a lot about what it means to be a knight from him, and besides ... here I lower my voice slightly - there is value in having trusted swords at your side or guarding your back, no matter the circumstances.

Oh, and I also portion off some of the winnings from my wagers on myself to see to the accommodations of the other knights we'd arrived with. Am I possibly too free with my winnings? Yes. But continued good will is worth a lot.

Anything you want to try to say to your brother on the ride up, who is convincing you more and more by the minute that the only king he's going to be better than is the Mad King himself.

Until and unless he says something that insults me or Mya and isn't veiled enough to be deemed innocent by a third party, I am perfectly polite and genteel.

If and when he does, though, I finish whatever I had been doing or saying and then turn to look at him, levelly. Coldly. Then I slowly smile.

I believe it's less Ours Is The Fury that applies here, and more the Addams Family credo that I am trying to convey:

We gladly feast on those who would subdue us.
Rieverre
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus! - Page 19 Empty Re: Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus!

Post by Brian Boru on Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:37 am

Silver Sun 17 wrote:10

The fight starts off strongly in your favor. Jaime is unprepared for the way you explode forward and for the first 10 seconds of the fight you have him on the ropes and it's all he can to to parry, block or dodge your strikes. Everyone stares in shock when it seems that Jaime Lannister is about to have his ass handed to him....

*CRACK*

White hot pain shoots through your entire body from your left ankle, you realize that on your last swing your foot slipped on the wet stone and mud of the middle bailey and you broke your ankle. You can still move and fight but every motion HURTS. That crack seems to have been heard by all parties. Jaime Lannister hesitates for a moment, but one look from his sister makes him grit his teeth and continue the fight, now with a PAINFUL handicap and a loss of momentum, Jaime has you on the ropes, though you're doggedly holding on. Roll a d10 if you wish to continue.

Psyckosama wrote:"As the saying goes, when in Valyria..."

Mass incest and fetishizing fire? Razz 

"I have no love for them to put things gently but I'd rather not commit genocide."

She just shakes her head, you were born and bred in the Mountains of the Moon, you just don't get the Iron Born and the misery they bring.

The amusement grows.

Now the stone is chipping.

That'll come soon.

Heh

I look into her goddamned soul.

And the warning is, don't fuck with me. I'm polite. That doesn't mean I'm soft.

Though Balon does get the same aura of menace after this... I'm still polite but obviously unimpressed by his daughters foolishness.

He takes it MUCH better than her, he made Euron Crow-Eye back down and accept his banishment, even you are chump change for the moment.

Good.

I casually ask if I can see one of the axes and give it a go myself... then I throw the axe hard enough to split the goddamned target and bury it in the wall behind it.

"Good balance."

And then wrench it out of the stone and gently return it, a charming and gentile smile on my face.

She stares in numb shock at that one...."Waaa..waa..waa.."

At this point I turn up the charm.

"Believe it or not, I do get it," I state calmly. "Why your people are so... resentful. In many ways we're much a like. To most the Iron Islands are the Bastard Kingdom of Wersteros. The one that on a good day they like to pretend doesn't exist and on a bad they'd like to see sink beneath the waves, taking all of its inhabitants with. I've been there. I've done that. I could show you the scars."

"How could you understand what it's like to be forbidden to do what you were born to do, to be trapped on these rocks when the entire sea was ours to seek glory, riches and battle on and be remembered in song? These islands are our homes but a man can't just stay in his house all day every day. He'd starve, choke on his waste."

I let that sink in. "Of course not without reason. You are a brutal culture of violent and relentless sea raiders who only think a mans worth is measured by what he's wrenched from the dead hands of another. Of course you to have your reasons as well. These islands are the most hostile stretch of land south of the wall. This isn't a land for the soft. Only people as hard as iron can survive here. I respect that."

She brindles a bit at the start but preens a hair when you mention your respect for their hardiness of course a soft greenlander with at least the sense the Drowned God gave a haddock could see the strength of an Iron Born.

"And I understand the origin of your resentment. You were at the very height of your power when Aegon conquered Westeros. And he didn't even do it by force of arms, in respectful battle. He flew by and set you on fire from the back of the hell spawned offspring of the Storm God and an idiot iguana. And then he striped you of your conquests, of lands hard won and set you back on these blasted rocks like a grand fucking penal colony, then promptly forgot about you for the next two hundred odd years while you stewed in your own resentment. I get it."

She actually snarls a little at that. "And your ancestor fought with him." Orys Baratheon.

I look at her. "But unlike my predecessors I do not intend to neglect the Iron Islands. These lands have been forgotten for too long and need to be brought into the fold. I'd like to do so in a manner that makes the better of both of us. You were raised in the Old Ways, but the fact is, following the old doesn't mean a rejection of the new. In fact I believe the two can be complementary. You just need to be more... selective of your targets. Though we'd have to work out the question of geography, I do have a couple ideas..."

My smile here is downright vicious. She probably knows what I'm thinking. It's the same kind of smile her uncles probably get when they talk about raiding Wink

She looks vaguely intrigued.

I shrug. "But in the mean time I do have something with me that will if not alleviate, than at least moderate the problems for the time being. I discovered a new crop, one that will thrive even here. I know your father is too proud and too focused on the old ways to take it, but you... I think you're a bit more willing to act covertly to do what needs to be done to benefit your people."

Note: assume I do let her get her part in edge wise.

She MIGHT be interested, it's a poorly hidden fact that since the end of house Haore's reign by dragon that the Islands have been on a constant teetering between survival and utter starvation. Just ONE bad growing time and the islands will be scoured of life by winter's end.

Rieverre wrote:I certainly can't begrudge anyone else the use of crude humor, especially not when I use it myself, and as a safety valve as well.

heh

"Much as the work is distasteful, the killers themselves are but working men. Decent by their quality and execution, but those we took alive and sent to the noose were hardly in it for themselves," I reply with a similar chill to my words. "I would have the paymasters, the factors, those who set them on their path. And educate them on the folly of their ways."

My tone leaves little doubt on the nature of such education, nor on the result thereof.

"Unfortunately, there were no survivors who knew anything beyond our rough descriptions, so we can only guess at who those are."

I briefly relate to him the course of the two ambushes, and the results.

He promises to have someone look into it.

Before we head off, I ask Robert if we could include Ser Martyn in those arrangements. Both Mya and myself owe him quite a bit, I learned a lot about what it means to be a knight from him, and besides ... here I lower my voice slightly - there is value in having trusted swords at your side or guarding your back, no matter the circumstances.

Absolutely. Martyn's a little shell-shocked.

Oh, and I also portion off some of the winnings from my wagers on myself to see to the accommodations of the other knights we'd arrived with. Am I possibly too free with my winnings? Yes. But continued good will is worth a lot.

The knights roar a cheer in your name and that you for the gift, they promise to help you out anytime in the future and they jokingly call you "Lord Stone" as they leave.

Until and unless he says something that insults me or Mya and isn't veiled enough to be deemed innocent by a third party, I am perfectly polite and genteel.

If and when he does, though, I finish whatever I had been doing or saying and then turn to look at him, levelly. Coldly. Then I slowly smile.

I believe it's less Ours Is The Fury that applies here, and more the Addams Family credo that I am trying to convey:

We gladly feast on those who would subdue us.

Joffery only lasts about 10 seconds before he says something horrible to you, he then promptly shuts up when you glare at him and you swear you caught a whiff of urine on the air but then again this IS king's Landing, a place not known for it's cleanliness.

Once you enter the keep itself you are swept into the holdfast, waiting there is a pudgy...androgynous looking bald man who greets you and introduces himself as Varys the Master of secrets, his little birds have already told him about the earlier events of the day AND your mishaps on the road, though he hasn't gathered enough information about WHO sent them he'll give to the king soon. You have a few hours before the feast that evening, anything you wish to do?
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Wed Dec 25, 2013 2:15 am

Brian Boru wrote:Mass incest and fetishizing fire? Razz 

No, the incest was a Tangaryan perversion...

She just shakes her head, you were born and bred in the Mountains of the Moon, you just don't get the Iron Born and the misery they bring.

"Same could be said about the mountain men. They're very much like the Ironmen of old but with no boats and worse hygiene. Didn't stop me from trying to make peace."

Now the stone is chipping.

I'm not saying I get a Trollface smile, but I'm also not saying I don't...

He takes it MUCH better than her, he made Euron Crow-Eye back down and accept his banishment, even you are chump change for the moment.

I seem to be immune to the need to blink.

She stares in numb shock at that one...."Waaa..waa..waa.."

"Is something the matter, m'lady."

"How could you understand what it's like to be forbidden to do what you were born to do, to be trapped on these rocks when the entire sea was ours to seek glory, riches and battle on and be remembered in song?  These islands are our homes but a man can't just stay in his house all day every day.  He'd starve, choke on his waste."

"First born son, born to a servant girl, named by a King but never recognized," I let that sink in. "And I know, and I understand how you must feel. Right now you see your choices are rebellion or decay. There is a third option."

She brindles a bit at the start but preens a hair when you mention your respect for their hardiness of course a soft greenlander with at least the sense the Drowned God gave a haddock could see the strength of an Iron Born.
I let her preen.

She actually snarls a little at that.  "And your ancestor fought with him."  Orys Baratheon.

"I identify myself more of Durran Godgrief's line than I do Orys Baratheon..." I show her one of my weapons. "I even carry his axes."

She looks vaguely intrigued.

"My plan is dependent on two things... your cooperation and the cooperation of your people. Theon will inherit the Iron Islands, this is unavoidable... but far me it from me to deny a lovely young women like you a chance to forge her own destiny. If you go along with my plan, and if your people have enough metal in their bellies to pull it off... new lands to rule, new ports from which to raid, and you sitting pretty as a picture, the warrior queen of the ninth kingdom... with full royal sanction... and all you have to do is hear me out and not fuck it up by running off to daddy."

My smile is evil.

"You're no fool, and we both know that the old men have far too much history between them to do anything but spit bile at eachother from across ironman's bay... you could hand them a map to the Drowned God's halls and they'd piss on it rather than cooperate. The future belongs to the young. Best prepare now and seize they day when it comes."

She MIGHT be interested, it's a poorly hidden fact that since the end of house Haore's reign by dragon that the Islands have been on a constant teetering between survival and utter starvation.  Just ONE bad growing time and the islands will be scoured of life by winter's end.

"I know the difficulties your people have with agriculture. I know you know it. I also know you'd rather cut your tits off than admit weakness. So don't. Just take this..."

I hand her a small scroll. "And see that the instructions are followed to the letter. You don't have to say where you got it. If the ask, make some shit up and take full credit. A couple possible excuses are on the ledger. Consider it a personal gift from me to you. I know you're a wise enough woman to do what needs to be done."

Psyckosama
Admin

View user profile https://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Wed Dec 25, 2013 2:32 am

Psyckosama wrote:No, the incest was a Tangaryan perversion...

You didn't deny the fetishizing fire.

"Same could be said about the mountain men. They're very much like the Ironmen of old but with no boats and worse hygiene. Didn't stop me from trying to make peace."

"And how did that go over? I've hardly heard of these 'mountain' men but from what I have they don't really like Men like you."

I'm not saying I get a Trollface smile, but I'm also not saying I don't...

....I'd say that there are two giant holes in the wall behind you from what seems to be from a tremendous heat...but that would be just plain silly.

I seem to be immune to the need to blink.

And he seems immune to your glare.

"Is something the matter, m'lady."

She shakes her head and mentions, "Nice throw."

"First born son, born to a servant girl, named by a King but never recognized," I let that sink in. "And I know, and I understand how you must feel. Right now you see your choices are rebellion or decay. There is a third option."

She acquiesces to that.

She raises and eyebrow at that.

I let her preen.

Heh

"I identify myself more of Durran Godgrief's line than I do Orys Baratheon..." I show her one of my weapons. "I even carry his axes."

Do you now?

Could she see them?

"My plan is dependent on two things... your cooperation and the cooperation of your people. Theon will inherit the Iron Islands, this is unavoidable... but far me it from me to deny a lovely young women like you a chance to forge her own destiny. If you go along with my plan, and if your people have enough metal in their bellies to pull it off... new lands to rule, new ports from which to raid, and you sitting pretty as a picture, the warrior queen of the ninth kingdom... with full royal sanction... and all you have to do is hear me out and not fuck it up by running off to daddy."

My smile is evil.

"You're no fool, and we both know that the old men have far too much history between them to do anything but spit bile at eachother from across ironman's bay... you could hand them a map to the Drowned God's halls and they'd piss on it rather than cooperate. The future belongs to the young. Best prepare now and seize they day when it comes."

She doesn't jump at the idea, at 14 she isn't an idiot but she IS sorely tempted. She'll consider it. It DOES sound nice, though she wonders what you would get out of it?

"I know the difficulties your people have with agriculture. I know you know it. I also know you'd rather cut your tits off than admit weakness. So don't. Just take this..."

I hand her a small scroll. "And see that the instructions are followed to the letter. You don't have to say where you got it. If the ask, make some shit up and take full credit. A couple possible excuses are on the ledger. Consider it a personal gift from me to you. I know you're a wise enough woman to do what needs to be done."

She takes it and nods in acquiescence, she then asks you if you have ever played a finger dance game?

(the ax throwing game)
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Wed Dec 25, 2013 2:57 am

Brian Boru wrote:You didn't deny the fetishizing fire.

All cultures have their odd obsessions.

"And how did that go over?  I've hardly heard of these  'mountain' men but from what I have they don't really like Men like you."

"Shockingly well actually..."

....I'd say that there are two giant holes in the wall behind you from what seems to be from a tremendous heat...but that would be just plain silly.

Heh.

And he seems immune to your glare.

We keep the game up.

She shakes her head and mentions, "Nice throw."

I chuckle.

She acquiesces to that.

Slight nod.

She raises and eyebrow at that.

Small smile.

Do you now?

Could she see them?

She asked politely.

So yes, yes she may.

She doesn't jump at the idea, at 14 she isn't an idiot but she IS sorely tempted.  She'll consider it.  It DOES sound nice, though she wonders what you would get out of it?

"Taxes" I reply calmly. "Nothing happens in this kingdom that the king doesn't get his share. So of course it would be in my best interest to want the entire wealth of Essos to find its way into your pockets. After all, I'd be getting my humble percentage while you'd be bedecked head to toe in gold, jewels, and silks torn from the lifeless grasp of a hundred merchant princes."

I let my eyebrows wiggle a bit, "Though I must admit I do hope that the silks are very, very fine..."

I almost purr at that.

She takes it and nods in acquiescence, she then asks you if you have ever played a finger dance game?

(the ax throwing game)

"No I have not... though to be honest I doubt either of our fathers would appreciate us throwing weapons at each other. Yours especially considering the fate of your uncle Urrigon."

I grin at her. "Besides, the very thought of the possibility of such beautiful hands losing a digit fills me with unspeakable horror."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun 17 on Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:06 am

Brian Boru wrote:
Silver Sun 17 wrote:10

The fight starts off strongly in your favor.  Jaime is unprepared for the way you explode forward and for the first 10 seconds of the fight you have him on the ropes and it's all he can to to parry, block or dodge your strikes.  Everyone stares in shock when it seems that Jaime Lannister is about to have his ass handed to him....

*CRACK*  

White hot pain shoots through your entire body from your left ankle, you realize that on your last swing your foot slipped on the wet stone and mud of the middle bailey and you broke your ankle.  You can still move and fight but every motion HURTS.  That crack seems to have been heard by all parties.  Jaime Lannister hesitates for a moment, but one look from his sister makes him grit his teeth and continue the fight, now with a PAINFUL handicap and a loss of momentum, Jaime has you on the ropes, though you're doggedly holding on.  Roll a d10 if you wish to continue.

"Aren't you the man who ended the Mad King's regin with you blade? Why do you obey you sister as if you where her dog?"

rolling

Silver Sun 17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:06 am

The member 'Silver Sun 17' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd10' : 1

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun 17 on Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:07 am

Fuck...

Silver Sun 17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Wed Dec 25, 2013 4:00 am

Psyckosama wrote:All cultures have their odd obsessions.

Heh

"Shockingly well actually..."

She raises her eyebrow at that.

We keep the game up.

He eventually breaks contact, not because you won, but because something more important, talking with your father was needed.

She asked politely.

So yes, yes she may.

When she sees them, she's in awe at the awe inspiring craftsmanship of them. Their balance, their power, it's almost like watching someone having a religious experience.

"Taxes" I reply calmly. "Nothing happens in this kingdom that the king doesn't get his share. So of course it would be in my best interest to want the entire wealth of Essos to find its way into your pockets. After all, I'd be getting my humble percentage while you'd be bedecked head to toe in gold, jewels, and silks torn from the lifeless grasp of a hundred merchant princes."

I let my eyebrows wiggle a bit, "Though I must admit I do hope that the silks are very, very fine..."

I almost purr at that.

Call it tribute to a superior and you're gold. She also flushes like a top at that one.

"No I have not... though to be honest I doubt either of our fathers would appreciate us throwing weapons at each other. Yours especially considering the fate of your uncle Urrigon."

I grin at her. "Besides, the very thought of the possibility of such beautiful hands losing a digit fills me with unspeakable horror."

She actually flushes like a fire hydrant. Well have you ever climbed before? She knows a few places around Pyke castle where she climbs all the time. (You lived under the Eyrie...connect the dots....)

Silver Sun 17 wrote:"Aren't you the man who ended the Mad King's regin with you blade? Why do you obey you sister as if you where her dog?"

rolling

Fuck...

You did REAL Good actually.

Jaime frowns at the insult and presses the attack. Just when he's about to land the ending blow, you manage to get back your momentum. And with that Jaime Lannister, the acclaimed greatest swordsman in all of Westeros, a man who'd never had his armor even scratched he's so good. Has the piss beaten out of him by a fourteen year old bastard boy...with a broken ankle....

The spar ends with Jaime sprawled on the ground gasping for air and his arms raised in supplication. Everyone is staring like poleaxed oxen.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Wed Dec 25, 2013 4:12 am

Brian Boru wrote:She raises her eyebrow at that.

I tell her the story.

He eventually breaks contact, not because you won, but because something more important, talking with your father was needed.

Meh. He still is the one who broke contact.

When she sees them, she's in awe at the awe inspiring craftsmanship of them.  Their balance, their power, it's almost like watching someone having a religious experience.

I let her hold one to examine it.

I might even honor her with the chance to give one a swing at a target should things be pleasant enough.

Call it tribute to a superior and you're gold.

Of course. And that tribute is not going to be for nothing either. Occasionally I might officially have to reprimand her, to keep up appearances, but in reality should they ever grow...cranky...well... the full might of the armies of Westeros will have your back.

She also flushes like a top at that one.

Mission accomplished.

She actually flushes like a fire hydrant.

See Above.

Well have you ever climbed before?  She knows a few places around Pyke castle where she climbs all the time.  (You lived under the Eyrie...connect the dots....)

"My dear lady, I'm from the Eyrie. I was climbing before I was walking. I'd be honored to go climbing with you. And perhaps afterwards we can go sailing. I'm still learning the art but I hope to if not master it, then at least become competent very soon. I'm sure there is much you could teach me in the ways of ships... and I must say you're quite a bit more pleasant to look at than my last teacher."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun 17 on Wed Dec 25, 2013 4:13 am

Brian Boru wrote:

You did REAL Good actually.

Jaime frowns at the insult and presses the attack. Just when he's about to land the ending blow, you manage to get back your momentum.  And with that Jaime Lannister, the acclaimed greatest swordsman in all of Westeros, a man who'd never had his armor even scratched he's so good.  Has the piss beaten out of him by a fourteen year old bastard boy...with a broken ankle....

The spar ends with Jaime sprawled on the ground gasping for air and his arms raised in supplication.  Everyone is staring like poleaxed oxen.

I Gently lower my self to the ground and sit to get my weight off the ankle.
"I think I'll have my next set of boots made to not let my ankles bend, if my luck stays the same I think i'm going to have to look out for wet stones every time I fight one on one." I mutter as i sit. I then offer my hand to Jaime to help him. "That was a harder fight then against all the Mistmen i faced in the battle put together." I turn to the crowd. "Could someone stop Gawking and get us some medical attention, my ankle needs setting and I would like someone to make sure Ser Jamie doesn't have anything serious we're not seeing.

Silver Sun 17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Wed Dec 25, 2013 7:18 am

Brian Boru wrote:He promises to have someone look into it.

I'd like to get in on that if at all possible. They tried to havel Mya killed. My own safety, I freely admit I'm a little more cavalier about, but for this I want to find them. Find out _why_ it happened. And then make what happens to them a _message_.

If the King asks, I tell him exactly that.

Absolutely.  Martyn's a little shell-shocked.

"Look on the bright side, you'll not be spoiling for a choice of patrons and I'm told the accommodations are impressive. To balance that out, we'll probably have to account for pissed off Lannisters and a risk of poisoning."

The knights roar a cheer in your name and that you for the gift, they promise to help you out anytime in the future and they jokingly call you "Lord Stone" as they leave.

I might end up taking them up on that before too long. Not sure if that's a good or a bad thing.

Joffery only lasts about 10 seconds before he says something horrible to you, he then promptly shuts up when you glare at him and you swear you caught a whiff of urine on the air but then again this IS king's Landing, a place not known for it's cleanliness.

"Manners are important, as is politeness, for a very simple reason," I finally say. "They're what keeps up from wantonly slaughtering one-another at the slightest provocation. There's a time and place for that, but kingdoms could scarcely function if it were always the case."

Momentary pause. Little grin.

"Then again ..." and I continue in a voice that actually carries.
"Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I’ve tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice."

Once you enter the keep itself you are swept into the holdfast, waiting there is a pudgy...androgynous looking bald man who greets you and introduces himself as Varys the Master of secrets, his little birds have already told him about the earlier events of the day AND your mishaps on the road, though he hasn't gathered enough information about WHO sent them he'll give to the king soon.

"Coincidences often aren't. There was one person immediately obvious at the tournament who was positively livid at seeing me, but I certainly won't make accusations without having proof. Still, I'm concerned with the possibility that whoever gave those instructions was not nearly as ... discriminate as to limit them to myself and my sister. It might be worthwhile to check up on all of my half-siblings, see if any have come to misadventure, and follow those threads."

You have a few hours before the feast that evening, anything you wish to do?

Bathe. Seriously, the sweat and grime of the tournament have to go. Get some tailors up for myself and Mya to make sure we look properly presentable, though I'll want whatever I wear to come with proper freedom of motion and a marked lack of lace. Storm-grey, trimmed with whatever is appropriate for a knight of the Vale who has yet to take up service with anyone. Possibly including a cloak, or one of those little half-cape things cut to one side, with a hood on the back.

Why, yes, I am going to make that a theme ^^

And yes, I'm properly paranoid and never out of arm's reach of at least one of my weapons. I counsel Mya to do likewise and to be careful of her food and drink. If she asks ... yes, this is indeed one of the other reasons I was so keen on learning some medicinal lore.

Oh, and if there's a chance to squeeze it in, see if I can't meet with John Arryn, pay my respects as a proper man of the Vale should, and _apologize_ sincerely about the extra work I've brought him. If I cannot do this personally, I will pen a brief letter to that effect and have it delivered.
Rieverre
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:16 am

Psyckosama wrote:I tell her the story.

She's impressed.

Meh. He still is the one who broke contact.

Once more, closer to "You ain't worth it." than "Shit can't keep eye-contact."

I let her hold one to examine it.

Once again religious experience.

I might even honor her with the chance to give one a swing at a target should things be pleasant enough.

She actually squees a bit at that...if Iron Born actually DID squee, which they don't... Seriously ... "Stop looking at me!" Embarassed  Razz 

Of course. And that tribute is not going to be for nothing either. Occasionally I might officially have to reprimand her, to keep up appearances, but in reality should they ever grow...cranky...well... the full might of the armies of Westeros will have your back.

You've certainly caught her interest.

Mission accomplished.

Heh

"My dear lady, I'm from the Eyrie. I was climbing before I was walking. I'd be honored to go climbing with you. And perhaps afterwards we can go sailing. I'm still learning the art but I hope to if not master it, then at least become competent very soon. I'm sure there is much you could teach me in the ways of ships... and I must say you're quite a bit more pleasant to look at than my last teacher."

She says that sailing around'd take too long but maybe you could do so some other day.

As for the rock climbing...you put those crazy mountain goats to shame.

She's VERY impressed.

That evening you sit with the king at the place of honor, and though the booze flows and the fish is nicely cooked, it's gloomy as fuck here. Though everyone seems to perk up when one of the ship captains under Balon decides to have an impromptu wresting contest and dares anyone to take one Oleg his strongest oarsmen. Oleg's near as damn big as Gregor himself and has arms bigger around than the dead mountain, if that's possible.

Silver Sun 17 wrote:I Gently lower my self to the ground and sit to get my weight off the ankle.
"I think I'll have my next set of boots made to not let my ankles bend, if my luck stays the same I think i'm going to have to look out for wet stones every time I fight one on one." I mutter as i sit. I then offer my hand to Jaime to help him. "That was a harder fight then against all the Mistmen i faced in the battle put together." I turn to the crowd. "Could someone stop Gawking and get us some medical attention, my ankle needs setting and I would like someone to make sure Ser Jamie doesn't have anything serious we're not seeing.

Cersei is the first to start recovering from shock and right when she looks like she's about to sic the gold cloaks on you Robert immediately shuts her down and demands that Grand Maester Pycelle sees to your foot. Also as a side note he requests that some bonesaw sees to Jaime as well.

As you're seen to Robert asks what your plans are after the tourney, which he hopes you'll still compete in. Either way he says that he'd like you to stay and so that you'll have something to do he says that he'll assign you as a second banana to one of the gate captains of the gold cloaks to take over eventually. He'd like at least ONE man he could trust in this city and frankly the only people he feels he can trust are his own blood, and Stannis is an unbearable curmudgeon while Renly is a complete fop that he doesn't think could fight off a dying rat if his life depended on it.

Rieverre wrote:I'd like to get in on that if at all possible. They tried to havel Mya killed. My own safety, I freely admit I'm a little more cavalier about, but for this I want to find them. Find out _why_ it happened. And then make what happens to them a _message_.

If the King asks, I tell him exactly that.

And he heartily agrees.

"Look on the bright side, you'll not be spoiling for a choice of patrons and I'm told the accommodations are impressive. To balance that out, we'll probably have to account for pissed off Lannisters and a risk of poisoning."

To be fair he DOES like his place under the Royces, but he also is smart enough to realize hanging around with the king might lead to bigger and better things.

I might end up taking them up on that before too long. Not sure if that's a good or a bad thing.

Heh

"Manners are important, as is politeness, for a very simple reason," I finally say. "They're what keeps up from wantonly slaughtering one-another at the slightest provocation. There's a time and place for that, but kingdoms could scarcely function if it were always the case."

Momentary pause. Little grin.

"Then again ..." and I continue in a voice that actually carries.
"Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I’ve tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice."

All that goes CLEAN over his empty spite filled psychopathic little head. Others though seem to take note and seem impressed.

"Coincidences often aren't. There was one person immediately obvious at the tournament who was positively livid at seeing me, but I certainly won't make accusations without having proof. Still, I'm concerned with the possibility that whoever gave those instructions was not nearly as ... discriminate as to limit them to myself and my sister. It might be worthwhile to check up on all of my half-siblings, see if any have come to misadventure, and follow those threads."

He's impressed that you seem to have such wit at your age and leaves with a waft of some perfumey smell behind him. You hear the king mutter, "freak..." under his breath, which you honestly can't deny is a fit descriptor for Varys.

Bathe. Seriously, the sweat and grime of the tournament have to go. Get some tailors up for myself and Mya to make sure we look properly presentable, though I'll want whatever I wear to come with proper freedom of motion and a marked lack of lace. Storm-grey, trimmed with whatever is appropriate for a knight of the Vale who has yet to take up service with anyone. Possibly including a cloak, or one of those little half-cape things cut to one side, with a hood on the back.

Why, yes, I am going to make that a theme ^^

Astoudingly you DO manage to get the outfit you desire. Though you swear you hear feminine giggling coming from the door and even the walls as you change. Must be a couple of maids spying through the keyhole and echos.

And yes, I'm properly paranoid and never out of arm's reach of at least one of my weapons. I counsel Mya to do likewise and to be careful of her food and drink. If she asks ... yes, this is indeed one of the other reasons I was so keen on learning some medicinal lore.

She takes note though nothing seems to happen before the feast.

Oh, and if there's a chance to squeeze it in, see if I can't meet with John Arryn, pay my respects as a proper man of the Vale should, and _apologize_ sincerely about the extra work I've brought him. If I cannot do this personally, I will pen a brief letter to that effect and have it delivered.

He greets you warmly and says that while yes there is much work made for him because of the events of the tourney, he doesn't blame you for them and actually commends you on your actions both martial and not.

Later on at the feast itself with you and Joff on either sides of the King, Robert tells you that he'd like to have to around him, both as a means to protect you from whatever has hounded you since you left the Vale and to make use of such an incredible fighter with a solid head on his shoulders. The gold cloaks, the guards of the capital, are frankly, riddled corrupt and he feels they're loyalties don't lie with him or Jon, so what he after talking with Jon plans to do, is to induct you into the gold cloaks, as the second in command under one of the gate captains he trusts while being groomed to replace him. If you succeed there he'd then make sure that you become the next commander of the entire gold cloak force when the time comes so that he and Jon have the largest force in the city firmly on their side AND so that they can be cleaned up. Once that's done he promises to make sure that you become a landed lord anywhere of you're choosing and become an official scion of house baratheon with a claim to the throne should calamity strike and he, his children, both of his brothers AND his niece should die.

Are you interested?
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:27 am

Brian Boru wrote:She's impressed.

I tell her lots of my stories. Including how I killed the mountain, and how I beat Greatjon Umber in a fist fight.

Once more, closer to "You ain't worth it." than "Shit can't keep eye-contact."

Evil or Very Mad 

Once again religious experience.

I'm very friendly about it.

She actually squees a bit at that...if Iron Born actually DID squee, which they don't...  Seriously ... "Stop looking at me!" Embarassed  Razz 

I look damned amused.

You've certainly caught her interest.

"As long as the Kingdom holds up to its end, there's a benefit to being part of a larger nation. In this case, while you might have to occasionally stay your hand for diplomatic reasons, and pay tribute... you'll have the full force and fury of the kingdom at your back should your enemies come calling."

I look at her. "I know you're old enough to remember the war. Now imagine all of that assembling at your back to aid in crushing your enemies."

She says that sailing around'd take too long but maybe you could do so some other day.

"Baited breath, m'lady."

As for the rock climbing...you put those crazy mountain goats to shame.

She's VERY impressed.

Glad. Smile

That evening you sit with the king at the place of honor, and though the booze flows and the fish is nicely cooked, it's gloomy as fuck here.  Though everyone seems to perk up when one of the ship captains under Balon decides to have an impromptu wresting contest and dares anyone to take one Oleg his strongest oarsmen.  Oleg's near as damn big as Gregor himself and has arms bigger around than the dead mountain, if that's possible.

"I'll take that offer."

This is all in good fun, so I take it as such as long as he fights honorably.

"Lets make this a good, clean fight. An honorable match between men, of strength and skill."

Basically no tricky shit.

Psyckosama carried out 1 launched of one d10 (Image not informed.) :

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:54 am

Psyckosama wrote:I tell her lots of my stories. Including how I killed the mountain, and how I beat Greatjon Umber in a fist fight.

See above.

I look damned amused.

If you didn't know better, you'd swear you had a proto tsundere....if such a thing existed in Westeros...which it doesn't also don't forget you're old man was the cause of the death of two of her brothers...(actually one of them died on a raid he was leading...but...)

"As long as the Kingdom holds up to its end, there's a benefit to being part of a larger nation. In this case, while you might have to occasionally stay your hand for diplomatic reasons, and pay tribute... you'll have the full force and fury of the kingdom at your back should your enemies come calling."

I look at her. "I know you're old enough to remember the war. Now imagine all of that assembling at your back to aid in crushing your enemies."

She remembers, and she'd certainly prefer that force ON her side.

"Baited breath, m'lady."

Heh...that gets you a punch on the arm.

Glad. Smile

Heh

"I'll take that offer."

This is all in good fun, so I take it as such as long as he fights honorably.

"Lets make this a good, clean fight. An honorable match between men, of strength and skill."

Basically no tricky shit.

Brian Boru carried out 1 launched of one d10 (Image not informed.) :

No tricky shit, but Oleg does bellow, "Imma rip yah cock of anna feed it to dah fishies..." Oleg had a lotta to drinky....

As for the fight, Drunk as a skunk or no, Oleg is terrifying to try and grapple with. Despite his size and ineberation, Oleg is a monstrously powerful man and is quick as a snake.

You manage to avoid being crushed by the big bruin, but GODSSS are you HURTING when you manage to bring the huge bruin down with a choke hold, you've got two black eyes, several loose teeth and you think you're ribs are cracked as well but you can still walk away from that fight the winner, until the adreniline and endorphines kick out and the PAIN comes in full tilt.

The entire hall is roaring whether in support or opposition of you. Though you think the support is a bit stronger, these men respect strength, and leaders who are just as capable as the men they lead. So you DID manage to make some political hay there but AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!! oooo looks like the pain just kicked in.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:03 am

Brian Boru wrote:
If you didn't know better, you'd swear you had a proto tsundere....if such a thing existed in Westeros...which it doesn't also don't forget you're old man was the cause of the death of two of her brothers...(actually one of them died on a raid he was leading...but...)

In Westeros you can't become to obsessed with such details. The realities of the world make taking shit too personal downright lethal as a possibility.

She remembers, and she'd certainly prefer that force ON her side.

"If this works as I hope it does, then you can depend on it."

Heh...that gets you a punch on the arm.

I grin.

No tricky shit, but Oleg does bellow, "Imma rip yah cock of anna feed it to dah fishies..."  Oleg had a lotta to drinky....

I can smell.

As for the fight, Drunk as a skunk or no, Oleg is terrifying to try and grapple with.  Despite his size and ineberation, Oleg is a monstrously powerful man and is quick as a snake.

You manage to avoid being crushed by the big bruin, but GODSSS are you HURTING when you manage to bring the huge bruin down with a choke hold, you've got two black eyes, several loose teeth and you think you're ribs are cracked as well but you can still walk away from that fight the winner, until the adreniline and endorphines kick out and the PAIN comes in full tilt.  

The entire hall is roaring whether in support or opposition of you.  Though you think the support is a bit stronger, these men respect strength, and leaders who are just as capable as the men they lead.  So you DID manage to make some political hay there but AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!  oooo looks like the pain just kicked in.

I grin and bare it gritting my teeth as I drag myself back to the chair. "Fetch someone to bind my ribs. I think he knocked something loose."

I glance at Robert. "Father, I swear, by the end of this I'm probably going to have had to beat down every brute taller than 7ft in Westeros..."

A glance at Tyrion. "I'm sure you're biting your tongue on something sarcastic and amusing, so please, just say it because I tend to worry when you get that twinkle in your eyes."

And what does Asha thing of this ordeal?

And if he's up for it. "Any of you think you can take my man, Hodor?"

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:07 am

Brian Boru wrote:To be fair he DOES like his place under the Royces, but he also is smart enough to realize hanging around with the king might lead to bigger and better things.

A little bit of networking can go a long way and I'm just giving him the opportunity, not saying he has to use it.

All that goes CLEAN over his empty spite filled psychopathic little head.  Others though seem to take note and seem impressed.

Spite, I can understand, but he's just a cheerfully broiling bowl of poison isn't he?

He's impressed that you seem to have such wit at your age and leaves with a waft of some perfumey smell behind him.  You hear the king mutter, "freak..." under his breath, which you honestly can't deny is a fit descriptor for Varys.

"Apparently effective though, otherwise you wouldn't have kept him around from the previous ... administration. Then again, I'm working from mostly hearsay, so I suppose time will tell."

Varys is more convenient alive than dead. Pycelle on the other hand ...

Astoudingly you DO manage to get the outfit you desire.  Though you swear you hear feminine giggling coming from the door and even the walls as you change.  Must be a couple of maids spying through the keyhole and echos.

"If you're going to look anyway, you may as well come in and help me with putting this on. You needn't squint, and I'm don't need to be nervous about people spying on me. That's as close to a win-win situation as one might manage in these circumstances."

He greets you warmly and says that while yes there is much work made for him because of the events of the tourney, he doesn't blame you for them and actually commends you on your actions both martial and not.

I scratch the back of my head with a sheepish laugh. "It might get worse before it gets better, my lord. There's still the melee remaining after all. Then again, I managed to get through the archery tournament without any serious repercussions."

Later on at the feast itself with you and Joff on either sides of the King, Robert tells you that he'd like to have to around him, both as a means to protect you from whatever has hounded you since you left the Vale and to make use of such an incredible fighter with a solid head on his shoulders.  The gold cloaks, the guards of the capital, are frankly, riddled corrupt and he feels they're loyalties don't lie with him or Jon, so what he after talking with Jon plans to do, is to induct you into the gold cloaks, as the second in command under one of the gate captains he trusts while being groomed to replace him.  If you succeed there he'd then make sure that you become the next commander of the entire gold cloak force when the time comes so that he and Jon have the largest force in the city firmly on their side AND so that they can be cleaned up.  Once that's done he promises to make sure that you become a landed lord anywhere of you're choosing and become an official scion of house baratheon with a claim to the throne should calamity strike and he, his children, both of his brothers AND his niece should die.

Are you interested?

"It's ... certainly quite something. I can see the appeal of staying at the Landing, and it would let me keep tabs on any investigation regarding my circumstances. Valuable experience in getting people pointed in the right direction, familiarity with the capital, opportunities for people to owe me favors," I give him a frank look. "That's quite a gift you're offering, Your Majesty, thought if I do it right it'll be a gift that keeps on giving for both of us. Still, I hope you'll allow me time to think about it. There would be a few outstanding issues to address, one of them possibly requiring me to take a trip back to the Vale for a brief time."

I grin.

"And it certainly beats my fallback of leveraging my winnings into a small mercenary company, then wenching and warmongering across the Kingdoms and beyond."

Then, more seriously again:

"It would help if I could meet with that gate captain in question, and get a frank appraisal of what I'll have to work with. From what you've said, I'm thinking we're looking at half a decade's work at the very least, and that's if everything goes well and there are no major upsets. That in mind, though ... I do need to say this - I don't know if my temperament is suited for the kind of work involved. It's almost certain that if I take up this position, at a certain point heads will roll."

After which I suppose it'd be good to make some casual conversation. Certainly, these heavy topics aren't all that should be discussed on a day of celebration. Who all is sitting nearby?

And yeah, I'll shamelessly wait for the right moment to let the fact that I consider my jousting to be subpar compared to my melee. Just to see the looks on peoples' faces. My inner troll rejoices.

Speaking of jousting, how many sets of armor did I end up winning?
Rieverre
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:30 am

Psyckosama wrote:In Westeros you can't become to obsessed with such details. The realities of the world make taking shit too personal downright lethal as a possibility.

True but people aren't logical.

"If this works as I hope it does, then you can depend on it."

That sounds rather nice.

I can smell.

Damn your exceptional sense of smell...

I grin and bare it gritting my teeth as I drag myself back to the chair. "Fetch someone to bind my ribs. I think he knocked something loose."

One is sent for, not a maester you note, though you've heard that Balon has a deep disdain for Maesters, something about one of his brothers from when he was a boy.

A big horn of ale IS given to help numb the pain.

I glance at Robert. "Father, I swear, by the end of this I'm probably going to have had to beat down every brute taller than 7ft in Westeros..."

He laughs and says something about how he'll enjoy watching you win everytime.

A glance at Tyrion. "I'm sure you're biting your tongue on something sarcastic and amusing, so please, just say it because I tend to worry when you get that twinkle in your eyes."

Nothing really other than this is starting to become a tradition and he wonders if the biggest man in every village, town, castle, and city will be expected to fight you when you come into town.

And what does Asha thing of this ordeal?

She's certainly 'interested'. You're NOTHING like what she'd expected nothing at all.

And if he's up for it. "Any of you think you can take my man, Hodor?"

Hodor blinks when you speak to him. "You wish to know whether or not I desire to test my youthful yet prodigious muscles against these men of the Ferrous Outcroppings? Yes I would enjoy partaking of this endevour...." he goes on like this for 10 minutes before the entire hall including you, roars "SHUT UP!" at the same time, you couldn't have choreographed that better...

As for the wrestling itself...with him no longer being terrifyed of his own shadow Hodor can show what he can really do...and it's vaguely terrifying. Although Oleg was the biggest Iron Born in the hall, there were plenty that were damn close....Hodor beats all of them the same way. Grabs them by their upper arm, lifts them off the ground, swings them parrallel to the ground with a twitch of their arm, grabs their leg with his other hand, lifts them over his head and then chucks them at least a good 20 feet as easily as a man loading grain into a cart....

Everyone is as silent at the tomb....

Rieverre wrote:A little bit of networking can go a long way and I'm just giving him the opportunity, not saying he has to use it.

True

Spite, I can understand, but he's just a cheerfully broiling bowl of poison isn't he?

When the city was starving and the common folk came to beg at the gates, he shot them with a crossbow at the top of the wall and told the survivors to eat the corpses, that was his gift to them, you tell me.

"Apparently effective though, otherwise you wouldn't have kept him around from the previous ... administration. Then again, I'm working from mostly hearsay, so I suppose time will tell."

"Oh he's damn good at what he does, doesn't mean I trust him, or like him."

Varys is more convenient alive than dead. Pycelle on the other hand ...

Tywin is also Bankrolling the king so....

"If you're going to look anyway, you may as well come in and help me with putting this on. You needn't squint, and I'm don't need to be nervous about people spying on me. That's as close to a win-win situation as one might manage in these circumstances."

You hear scampering away from the door...and also from the walls...along with more giggling...

I scratch the back of my head with a sheepish laugh. "It might get worse before it gets better, my lord. There's still the melee remaining after all. Then again, I managed to get through the archery tournament without any serious repercussions."

If you can fight half as good as you can joust than tomorrow will be...interesting...

"It's ... certainly quite something. I can see the appeal of staying at the Landing, and it would let me keep tabs on any investigation regarding my circumstances. Valuable experience in getting people pointed in the right direction, familiarity with the capital, opportunities for people to owe me favors," I give him a frank look. "That's quite a gift you're offering, Your Majesty, thought if I do it right it'll be a gift that keeps on giving for both of us. Still, I hope you'll allow me time to think about it. There would be a few outstanding issues to address, one of them possibly requiring me to take a trip back to the Vale for a brief time."

I grin.

"And it certainly beats my fallback of leveraging my winnings into a small mercenary company, then wenching and warmongering across the Kingdoms and beyond."

"Doesn't sound that bad a dream...wouldn't have minded that life myself."

Then, more seriously again:

"It would help if I could meet with that gate captain in question, and get a frank appraisal of what I'll have to work with. From what you've said, I'm thinking we're looking at half a decade's work at the very least, and that's if everything goes well and there are no major upsets. That in mind, though ... I do need to say this - I don't know if my temperament is suited for the kind of work involved. It's almost certain that if I take up this position, at a certain point heads will roll."

He agrees for you to meet with the man first, though he does say that's half the reason he wants you in the Gold Cloaks, needs to be more honest men in that pack of thieves than how many fingers he has...but they just haven't had time to clean them out.

After which I suppose it'd be good to make some casual conversation. Certainly, these heavy topics aren't all that should be discussed on a day of celebration. Who all is sitting nearby?

Joff, Renly (your supposed superior if you ever take the job) Stannis is within speaking distance, as well as Barristan Selmy the second placer.

[quote]And yeah, I'll shamelessly wait for the right moment to let the fact that I consider my jousting to be subpar compared to my melee. Just to see the looks on peoples' faces. My inner troll rejoices.[quote]

Priceless, makes you want to invent the camera just to preserve this moment for antiquity.

Speaking of jousting, how many sets of armor did I end up winning?

Four.

The feast goes relatively well for the time being anyone you wish to speak with besides the king?
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:39 am

Brian Boru wrote:True but people aren't logical.

True but she never struck me as the overly emotional type.

That sounds rather nice.

Dashing smile.

Damn your exceptional sense of smell...

Seriously, lay off the pickled fish... :p

One is sent for, not a maester you note, though you've heard that Balon has a deep disdain for Maesters, something about one of his brothers from when he was a boy.

I've heard. He's probably heard that I've heard as I outright stated that his brother was one of the reasons I refused to finger dance with his daughter.

And really, as long as they're competent I have no cares about the chain.

A big horn of ale IS given to help numb the pain.

"Might as well leave the cask. Even distilled liquors barely phase me."

He laughs and says something about how he'll enjoy watching you win everytime.

"And I'll probably look like I've just knocked down a set of castle gates with my face every time. Joy is me..."

perfect Deadpan

Nothing really other than this is starting to become a tradition and he wonders if the biggest man in every village, town, castle, and city will be expected to fight you when you come into town.

"I hope not. While I appreciate the challenge, it does kind of get old."

She's certainly 'interested'.  You're NOTHING like what she'd expected nothing at all.

In the "I'm not a drunken lout" way or "I'm not a soft, weak, effeminate Greenlander" way?

Hodor blinks when you speak to him.  "You wish to know whether or not I desire to test my youthful yet prodigious muscles against these men of the Ferrous Outcroppings?   Yes I would enjoy partaking of this endevour...."  he goes on like this for 10 minutes before the entire hall including you, roars "SHUT UP!"  at the same time, you couldn't have choreographed that better...

As for the wrestling itself...with him no longer being terrifyed of his own shadow Hodor can show what he can really do...and it's vaguely terrifying.  Although Oleg was the biggest Iron Born in the hall, there were plenty that were damn close....Hodor beats all of them the same way.  Grabs them by their upper arm, lifts them off the ground, swings them parrallel to the ground with a twitch of their arm, grabs their leg with his other hand, lifts them over his head and then chucks them at least a good 20 feet as easily as a man loading grain into a cart....

Everyone is as silent at the tomb....

I calmly point out, "If you think that's scary then I'd like to mention that Walder and I are about the same age. He's my teacher's new squire."

So, more drinking and partying?

What happens after?

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:52 am

Psyckosama wrote:True but she never struck me as the overly emotional type.

Touche...

Dashing smile.

Charmer.

Seriously, lay off the pickled fish... :p

And the Lutefisk...

I've heard. He's probably heard that I've heard as I outright stated that his brother was one of the reasons I refused to finger dance with his daughter.

And really, as long as they're competent I have no cares about the chain.

As good as any Maester you've met.

"Might as well leave the cask. Even distilled liquors barely phase me."

When you mention that, one of the captains gives you a look then nods to one of his oarsmen...

they return with a bottle of something...EVIL...they say its booze from Asshai, apparently this stuff is so potent you're supposed to put one drop into a large barrel to make something beer strength...one of their men tried to chug it and died of alcohol poisoning with one mouthful

"And I'll probably look like I've just knocked down a set of castle gates with my face every time. Joy is me..."

perfect Deadpan

That sets him laughing though his stomach isn't QUITE as Santa Clause-y as when you first men him.

"I hope not. While I appreciate the challenge, it does kind of get old."

He laughs at that and say he though you enjoyed testing your strength like that.

In the "I'm not a drunken lout" way or "I'm not a soft, weak, effeminate Greenlander" way?

Six of one, half a dozen of the other.

I calmly point out, "If you think that's scary then I'd like to mention that Walder and I are about the same age. He's my teacher's new squire."

You could hear a pin drop and you think even the wind went silent in dumb surprise for a moment.

Indeed.

What happens after?

Well the king actually wants to see Nagga bones, apparently he never got around to doing so when he was here last time. Last time being the Greyjoy rebellion.

You interested?
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:03 am

Brian Boru wrote:Touche...

True.

Charmer.

*Cue Bishie sparkles*

And the Lutefisk...

At least its not Hákarl...

As good as any Maester you've met.

Gets my compliments.

When you mention that, one of the captains gives you a look then nods to one of his oarsmen...

they return with a bottle of something...EVIL...they say its booze from Asshai, apparently this stuff is so potent you're supposed to put one drop into a large barrel to make something beer strength...one of their men tried to chug it and died of alcohol poisoning with one mouthful

I do shots.

How drunk do I get?

That sets him laughing though his stomach isn't QUITE as Santa Clause-y as when you first men him.

Rather than King Fat he's king, has a belly but can rip you in half. We've been working.

He laughs at that and say he though you enjoyed testing your strength like that.

"I'm not all muscle. I'd love a good test of wits, or speed, or agility... hell... even stamina besides who can consume the most booze."

Six of one, half a dozen of the other.

Thought so.

You could hear a pin drop and you think even the wind went silent in dumb surprise for a moment.

I let it pass naturally. I'm sure someone is going to say something. If noone else, I know Walder will.

Indeed.

What happens after?

Well the king actually wants to see Nagga bones, apparently he never got around to doing so when he was here last time.  Last time being the Greyjoy rebellion.

You interested?[/quote]

Sure! I'm very interested.

I also go diving near the hill. As long as the sea isn't TOO deep for someone with my freakish constitution I'd like to poke around to see if there is anything down there I can find. Like say, a legendary throne?

Psyckosama carried out 1 launched of one d100 (Image not informed.) :

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:31 pm

Brian Boru wrote:When the city was starving and the common folk came to beg at the gates, he shot them with a crossbow at the top of the wall and told the survivors to eat the corpses, that was his gift to them, you tell me.

... yyyeah.

"Oh he's damn good at what he does, doesn't mean I trust him, or like him."

"Still, I rather through one of the points of having a master of spies was getting information from a trustworthy source. If you're willing to risk that, he really must be that damn good."

Tywin is also Bankrolling the king so....

That'll be a pain to deal with, yes.

You hear scampering away from the door...and also from the walls...along with more giggling...

"No takers? More's the pity." I finish up getting dressed and make a mental note to do some exploring after the feats. Those passages have the potential to be fantastically useful.

"Doesn't sound that bad a dream...wouldn't have minded that life myself."

"The world is a large place, and so far I've only seen a slice."

He agrees for you to meet with the man first, though he does say that's half the reason he wants you in the Gold Cloaks, needs to be more honest men in that pack of thieves than how many fingers he has...but they just haven't had time to clean them out.

"An honest man in a city watch ... not sure how good an idea that is. Sometimes it takes a scoundrel to catch another. Loyalty, I imagine, is more the issue. It usually tends to be."

Joff, Renly (your supposed superior if you ever take the job) Stannis is within speaking distance, as well as Barristan Selmy the second placer.

Hmm. Where did Mya and Ser Martyn get seated? Let's get some situational awareness going.

Four.

A respectable number. Did I get approach by any wishing to buy their armor back yet?

The feast goes relatively well for the time being anyone you wish to speak with besides the king?

I'll introduce myself to Renly and Stannis for propriety's sake. Not like they're not aware of who I am, but, well, manners. Then I greet Ser Barristan cordially and say I hope he'll be recovered in short order, and could I request a spar afterwards. It would do wonders for my technique and there's nothing like a tournament to show oneself how badly one needs polish.

After that ... well, if I'm not engaged in conversation otherwise, I'll speak to Renly regarding the King's offer and ask about the state of the Gold Cloaks. Granted, the details are probably a bit below the level someone in his position concerns themselves with, but it's good to get a top-down perspective.
Rieverre
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun 17 on Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:31 pm

Brian Boru wrote:

Cersei is the first to start recovering from shock and right when she looks like she's about to sic the gold cloaks on you Robert immediately shuts her down and demands that Grand Maester Pycelle sees to your foot.  Also as a side note he requests that some bonesaw sees to Jaime as well.  

As you're seen to Robert asks what your plans are after the tourney, which he hopes you'll still compete in.  Either way he says that he'd like you to stay and so that you'll have something to do he says that he'll assign you as a second banana to one of the gate captains of the gold cloaks to take over eventually.  He'd like at least ONE man he could trust in this city and frankly the only people he feels he can trust are his own blood, and Stannis is an unbearable curmudgeon while Renly is a complete fop that he doesn't think could fight off a dying rat if his life depended on it.
"I'll wait till the day of the tourney and see how my ankle's doing. if it's safe to be on I'll compete. As for after I have to meetings for i'm business ventures going to be tied to. but those won't interfere with my service to you."

Silver Sun 17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:38 am

Psyckosama wrote:Cue Bishie sparkles*

Doesn't do too much to her but every servant girl in the room goes a little weak in the knees.

At least its not Hákarl...

Actually they have that as well, and the original recipe said that it wasn't done until it could make a greenlander puke himself to death at 100 paces.

Gets my compliments.

Kool

I do shots.

How drunk do I get?

Roll a d100

Rather than King Fat he's king, has a belly but can rip you in half. We've been working.

Kinda like a gorilla, especially with all the BARATHEON BODY HAIR!

"I'm not all muscle. I'd love a good test of wits, or speed, or agility... hell... even stamina besides who can consume the most booze."

But where'd the fun be in that?

I let it pass naturally. I'm sure someone is going to say something. If noone else, I know Walder will.

He does actually and you're pretty sure he must have strip mined a dictionary to have that wide a vocabulary.

Sure! I'm very interested.

I also go diving near the hill. As long as the sea isn't TOO deep for someone with my freakish constitution I'd like to poke around to see if there is anything down there I can find. Like say, a legendary throne?

When you arrive at the bones in the afternoon the next day. Though not much different than the morning or evening what with the miserable drizzle that NEVER lets up in the Iron Islands, no really, the sun has never openly shone in the Iron Island archipelago.

When you see the bones themselves, well they certainly live up to the legends. Whatever the beast was it was bigger than Balerion himself.

While everyone thinks you're nuts for it, they point out a spot that is safe to dive from.

When you hit the water, the force of your dive pushes you to the bottom in a sitting position, right onto something that is shockingly like a chair. You instinctively clench your hands and you KNOW you feel armrests.

Feeling around a bit more and you're now convinced that you've got a chair made from some very solid material, not stone but it's certainly as durable.

Rieverre wrote:"Still, I rather through one of the points of having a master of spies was getting information from a trustworthy source. If you're willing to risk that, he really must be that damn good."

He is VERY good.

"No takers? More's the pity." I finish up getting dressed and make a mental note to do some exploring after the feats. Those passages have the potential to be fantastically useful.

Are you a small person? Otherwise you're gonna have to crawl...also no one knows about the damn things, expect for Varys...

"The world is a large place, and so far I've only seen a slice."

“And you'll see a bit more of it if I have anything to say about it.”

"An honest man in a city watch ... not sure how good an idea that is. Sometimes it takes a scoundrel to catch another. Loyalty, I imagine, is more the issue. It usually tends to be."

Though even a hair of human decency would be nice he hasn't had much of that since before the rebellion.

Hmm. Where did Mya and Ser Martyn get seated? Let's get some situational awareness going.

A bit further away, you and Joff are the stars of this show.

A respectable number. Did I get approach by any wishing to buy their armor back yet?

Most of them have though they say that none have the money need right at hand.

I introduce myself to Renly and Stannis for propriety's sake. Not like they're not aware of who I am, but, well, manners. Then I greet Ser Barristan cordially and say I hope he'll be recovered in short order, and could I request a spar afterwards. It would do wonders for my technique and there's nothing like a tournament to show oneself how badly one needs polish.

Renly seems an amiable fella and actually seems to like you a bit. You still think he's a useless fop. Stannis on the other hand is a HARD man you only have to look at him that while the man is as cantankerous as a badger he's a stupendous fighter and battle commander. Stannis doesn't seem to care either way about you though you THINK he acts politely, you can't really tell with the guy, he make a sledge hammer look like a scalpel in comparison.

Barristan seems to be in good spirit and says that he'll be fine soon and he'd be glad to have a spar you you once he's recovered.

After that ... well, if I'm not engaged in conversation otherwise, I'll speak to Renly regarding the King's offer and ask about the state of the Gold Cloaks. Granted, the details are probably a bit below the level someone in his position concerns themselves with, but it's good to get a top-down perspective.

Renly shrugs and says that to be fairly honest, he's never really paid much attention to the gold cloaks, although it's his job he's never felt the need to keep that close an eye on them. Note Stannis blurts in that must be why they're one of the most corrupt band of thugs in the seven kingdoms. Renly puffs up at that but doesn't seem to try and make a fight of it, instead laughing and making a witty remark at Stannis's expense.

Silver Sun 17 wrote:"I'll wait till the day of the tourney and see how my ankle's doing. if it's safe to be on I'll compete. As for after I have to meetings for i'm business ventures going to be tied to. but those won't interfere with my service to you."

The tourney's in two days, but the Maester said you'd need a week before you'd recover enough to compete without permanently damaging something.

Oddly enough though, when you get up the next morning, other than a bit of tenderness, your ankle is almost perfectly fine. Which gets a laugh out of Robert and consternation out of Pycelle when he examines the ankle again an bemusedly says that it's perfectly ready to compete on.

Anything you want to do on this day?
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:03 am

Doesn't do too much to her but every servant girl in the room goes a little weak in the knees.

The light actually makes an audible ping as it reflects off of my teeth and you swear there's a lenses flair

Actually they have that as well, and the original recipe said that it wasn't done until it could make a greenlander puke himself to death at 100 paces.

"Sounds interesting. Fetch me a serving."

Roll a d100

Psyckosama carried out 1 launched of one d100 (Image not informed.) :

Kinda like a gorilla, especially with all the BARATHEON BODY HAIR!

I'm sorry, what? You meant the aesthetically pleasing and sexy as hell Baratheon man-pelt, right?

But where'd the fun be in that?

For whom?

Seriously, one of these days I just want a nice game of chess... :p

He does actually and you're pretty sure he must have strip mined a dictionary to have that wide a vocabulary.

I let him speak

When you arrive at the bones in the afternoon the next day.  Though not much different than the morning or evening what with the miserable drizzle that NEVER lets up in the Iron Islands, no really, the sun has never openly shone in the Iron Island archipelago.  

When you see the bones themselves, well they certainly live up to the legends.  Whatever the beast was it was bigger than Balerion himself.

While everyone thinks you're nuts for it, they point out a spot that is safe to dive from.

When you hit the water, the force of your dive pushes you to the bottom in a sitting position, right onto something that is shockingly like a chair.  You instinctively clench your hands and you KNOW you feel armrests.

Feeling around a bit more and you're now convinced that you've got a chair made from some very solid material, not stone but it's certainly as durable.

I try and rip it free of the mud. If I can't I pull it as far as far free as possible. And if I can't do that I take the most brightly colored item I can find and then tie it to the arm to be a beacon.

I surface and look at the men about me. "Fetch me a line! Best be your strongest anchor cables!"

And when they do I go back under, secure the lines to the chair and then do several more dives digging out the silt around it to free it.

To raise the amount of time I can be on the bottom I have several very barrels opened on the bottom with rocks tied to them to make primitive bells.

I want two of their largest longboats, traders or Iron-fleet, I don't care. I'll personally pay the captains for their time. I want them in between and I want them to be ready with a net.

Basically secure it to both ships and reel in the lines to lift it up between them. Once it's high enough, secure it with the net, attach barrels and logs and float it to shore.

I do this personally. If anyone wants to help, I'm open to input. Anyone who knows deep sea salvage, even better!

This will be on shore with my arse in it by the setting of the sun.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun 17 on Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:37 am

Brian Boru wrote:

The tourney's in two days, but the Maester said you'd need a week before you'd recover enough to compete without permanently damaging something.

Oddly enough though, when you get up the next morning, other than a bit of tenderness, your ankle is almost perfectly fine.  Which gets a laugh out of Robert and consternation out of Pycelle when he examines the ankle again an bemusedly says that it's perfectly ready to compete on.

Anything you want to do on this day?
i head to the main hall, settle down somewhere to get off the ankle and keep an eye out for anything or anyone interesting.

I make sure the throwing spikes and a brace of knives are hidden on my person.

Silver Sun 17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:04 am

Brian Boru wrote:Are you a small person? Otherwise you're gonna have to crawl...also no one knows about the damn things, expect for Varys...

The staff, at the very least, are going to know some of them. How I get that knowledge out of them is likely another story altogether and a work in progress.

“And you'll see a bit more of it if I have anything to say about it.”

Aww. He really does care!

Though even a hair of human decency would be nice he hasn't had much of that since before the rebellion.

It's usually one of the first things lost between the cracks of politics, yes.

A bit further away, you and Joff are the stars of this show.

... that must be killing him. ^^

Most of them have though they say that none have the money need right at hand.

How about a work-release program instead? Of course that's only likely to work with the ones that aren't already in someone else's service. I return their armor, they agree to work for me for the next year or so. Considering how expensive well-made armor is, that seems like a fair deal if they haven't the money.

Renly seems an amiable fella and actually seems to like you a bit.  You still think he's a useless fop.  Stannis on the other hand is a HARD man you only have to look at him that while the man is as cantankerous as a badger he's a stupendous fighter and battle commander.  Stannis doesn't seem to care either way about you though you THINK he acts politely, you can't really tell with the guy, he make a sledge hammer look like a scalpel in comparison.

I'll chew the fat with Renly for a little while then - I've not been in King's Landing before and he certainly seems like quite the man-about-town. Could he recommend a list of places to visit, and conversely, a list of places to stay away from?

Barristan seems to be in good spirit and says that he'll be fine soon and he'd be glad to have a spar you you once he's recovered.

I look forward to it. He's probably forgotten more about fighting than I've managed to learn so far.

Renly shrugs and says that to be fairly honest, he's never really paid much attention to the gold cloaks, although it's his job he's never felt the need to keep that close an eye on them.  Note Stannis blurts in that must be why they're one of the most corrupt band of thugs in the seven kingdoms.  Renly puffs up at that but doesn't seem to try and make a fight of it, instead laughing and making a witty remark at Stannis's expense.

"So who owns them? Someone surely does," I cut to the heart of the matter, and possibly through Renly's wit as well, with cool detachment. "If the king doesn't trust their integrity, and their official superior hasn't considered them in quite some time, someone's bound to have smelled blood in the water. And, my lords, before you say I'm paranoid, we're speaking of several thousand men in the capital of the Seven Kingdoms, armed and nominally trained. Assuming what I've heard is accurate, that's less a city watch, more a coup-for-hire waiting for a man with a fat enough purse."
Rieverre
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:11 am

Psyckosama wrote:The light actually makes an audible ping as it reflects off of my teeth and you swear there's a lenses flair

"Sounds interesting. Fetch me a serving."

The stuff...when it's brought out is FOUL!!!!

At least for the greenlanders, the Iron Islanders are actually salivating....seems like Hakarl is catnip to them....

[quote]You tilt your head back and down the small glass...and your head explodes and your throat and belly catch on FIRE!!!!! But you still live. Coughing you take the bottle and take another swig...BLACKNESS!

When you wake up you find yourself ...somewhere else....

Looking around you THINK you're in a whorehouse...if the 30 women of various ages and shapes draped like wrung out dishes are any hint. From the looks of them they must have used a Sybian machine for six days straight. And enjoyed every second of it.

You are also wearing a helmet in the Sutton Hoo Style

Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus! - Page 19 Sutton_Hoo_helmet_reconstructed

Though where you got it you don't have a damn clue.

Other than that you are utterly starkers...

I'm sorry, what? You meant the aesthetically pleasing and sexy as hell Baratheon man-pelt, right?

Snerk

For whom?

Seriously, one of these days I just want a nice game of chess... :p

Awe...but chess is BORING!!!! Razz 

I let him speak

...and speak and speak and speak and speak and speak....

I try and rip it free of the mud. If I can't I pull it as far as far free as possible. And if I can't do that I take the most brightly colored item I can find and then tie it to the arm to be a beacon.

It takes a bit of wrenching but you do get the thing out of the mud, once loose you THINK you could drag it to the shallows.

I surface and look at the men about me. "Fetch me a line! Best be your strongest anchor cables!"

They stare but a few men are sent for thick rope.

And when they do I go back under, secure the lines to the chair and then do several more dives digging out the silt around it to free it.

Done

To raise the amount of time I can be on the bottom I have several very barrels opened on the bottom with rocks tied to them to make primitive bells.

I want two of their largest longboats, traders or Iron-fleet, I don't care. I'll personally pay the captains for their time. I want them in between and I want them to be ready with a net.

Basically secure it to both ships and reel in the lines to lift it up between them. Once it's high enough, secure it with the net, attach barrels and logs and float it to shore.

I do this personally. If anyone wants to help, I'm open to input. Anyone who knows deep sea salvage, even better!

This will be on shore with my arse in it by the setting of the sun.

After maybe half and hour of work the thing is sitting in the net between the ships, while the thing is coated in sludge, here and there there are patches of shining white ivory glistening through. Also the general shape of the thing can be made out if you know what to look for. That of a large throne like chair....

Every Ironborn present is dead silent...many of them don't know how to react, this is something out of their most ancient legends, part of the tale that made the Iron Born, Ironborn.

The chair is brought to the shore in dead silence...

Slowly and reverently the Ironborn take it to Nagga's Hill to the Hall of bones. And place it where it most likely sat when the hall was used by the Grey King.

Aerion then slowly washes the thing of all the grime, using only salt water and his own hands, amazingly it does the job and it is as pristine as the day it was made. Then all of the Ironborn kneel before the empty throne in honor of the Grey King and the history of this throne.

Silver Sun 17 wrote:I head to the main hall, settle down somewhere to get off the ankle and keep an eye out for anything or anyone interesting.

I make sure the throwing spikes and a brace of knives are hidden on my person.

Well you do spot a very short man with heterochromatic eyes, blonde hair, and a red tabard eating breakfast at the table with a glass of wine and a book in hand.

Rieverre wrote:The staff, at the very least, are going to know some of them. How I get that knowledge out of them is likely another story altogether and a work in progress.

True, they may know one or two and most have heard of the tunnels UNDER the castle but the others...

Aww. He really does care!

A man of passions is our king Bobbie.

It's usually one of the first things lost between the cracks of politics, yes.

Isn't it ever?

... that must be killing him. ^^

If looks could kill you'd wouldn't even have a pile of smouldering ash left. He ain't clever but GOD cant he HATE!

How about a work-release program instead? Of course that's only likely to work with the ones that aren't already in someone else's service. I return their armor, they agree to work for me for the next year or so. Considering how expensive well-made armor is, that seems like a fair deal if they haven't the money.

Well for the two hedge knights, that a godssend. They accept though they wonder what you'd have them do? As for the others...their lords end up forking the bill at thats the end of the matter 300 GDs

I'll chew the fat with Renly for a little while then - I've not been in King's Landing before and he certainly seems like quite the man-about-town. Could he recommend a list of places to visit, and conversely, a list of places to stay away from?

Quite a few shops, wine, food, exotic stuff from Essos and so on and so forth.

I look forward to it. He's probably forgotten more about fighting than I've managed to learn so far.

That's putting it lightly.

"So who owns them? Someone surely does," I cut to the heart of the matter, and possibly through Renly's wit as well, with cool detachment. "If the king doesn't trust their integrity, and their official superior hasn't considered them in quite some time, someone's bound to have smelled blood in the water. And, my lords, before you say I'm paranoid, we're speaking of several thousand men in the capital of the Seven Kingdoms, armed and nominally trained. Assuming what I've heard is accurate, that's less a city watch, more a coup-for-hire waiting for a man with a fat enough purse."

That shuts the both of them up...Renly hasn't considered it and Stannis has been busy with the fleet as master of ships.

But Varys likely knows, Stannis mutters the spider knows what the Fisher man who lives on the westernmost outcrop of Lonely light had for breakfast yesterday.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:29 am

Brian Boru wrote:The stuff...when it's brought out is FOUL!!!!

At least for the greenlanders, the Iron Islanders are actually salivating....seems like Hakarl is catnip to them....

I eat it, force down my gag reflex and...

"Seconds please!"

You tilt your head back and down the small glass...and your head explodes and your throat and belly catch on FIRE!!!!!  But you still live.  Coughing you take the bottle and take another swig...BLACKNESS!

When you wake up you find yourself ...somewhere else....

Looking around you THINK you're in a whorehouse...if the 30 women of various ages and shapes draped like wrung out dishes are any hint.  From the looks of them they must have used a Sybian machine for six days straight.  And enjoyed every second of it.

You are also wearing a helmet in the Sutton Hoo Style

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/26/Sutton_Hoo_helmet_reconstructed.jpg

Though where you got it you don't have a damn clue.

Other than that you are utterly starkers...

I arrange for them to get some moon tea, down a jug of water, a entire ham... and go to the castle to find out how many days I missed.

How do the locals take to my triumphant return?

Awe...but chess is BORING!!!! Razz 

I like chess!

...and speak and speak and speak and speak and speak....

I cough. Its a hint.

It takes a bit of wrenching but you do get the thing out of the mud, once loose you THINK you could drag it to the shallows.

I do then. Makes it easier to recover.

After maybe half and hour of work the thing is sitting in the net between the ships, while the thing is coated in sludge, here and there there are patches of shining white ivory glistening through.  Also the general shape of the thing can be made out if you know what to look for.  That of a large throne like chair....

Every Ironborn present is dead silent...many of them don't know how to react, this is something out of their most ancient legends, part of the tale that made the Iron Born, Ironborn.

"Smile, lads this day will be remembered for an age and each of you will be part of the tale. I'll see to it myself that the name of every man present is recorded for posterity. I'm sure the Drowned God is smiling on all of you right now."

The chair is brought to the shore in dead silence...

I actually help carry it myself and take the lead of the operation.

Slowly and reverently the Ironborn take it to Nagga's Hill to the Hall of bones.  And place it where it most likely sat when the hall was used by the Grey King.

Again, I make sure to help. After all, I found the damned thing."

Aerion then slowly washes the thing of all the grime, using only salt water and his own hands, amazingly it does the job and it is as pristine as the day it was made.  Then all of the Ironborn kneel before the empty throne in honor of the Grey King and the history of this throne.

In insist on being the one to drag up the barrels.

Once its done, I put a hand on his shoulder and smile. "Today, my friend, was a good day."

I do mention in passing to Robert in a whisper (If they didn't like me before, well... Just don't go sitting in it, da. The locals are restless.)

Is Asha here?

And does Balon show up just in time to make an ass of himself?

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:40 am

Psyckosama wrote:I eat it, force down my gag reflex and...

"Seconds please!"

Most cheer you and say they might make you a little less of a greenlander yet.

I arrange for them to get some moon tea, down a jug of water, a entire ham... and go to the castle to find out how many days I missed.

http://nowroll.appspot.com/rolls/agdub3dyb2xschELEghEaWNlUm9sbBioxMIEDA

You've been gone a while...and people have been hearing...that for some time now...people were crowded infront of the whore house...which you note is called the Coy Mermaid... and you even see people had been taking bets...when you exit the place the crowds are dead silent...and they part before you like the read sea. The entire walk is silent like that. You eventually learn that you aren't even on pike, you're on Lonely Light. Apparently you came in on Balon's Flag ship...alone...[/quote]

You then thrust a sack of money into the hand of every whorehouse owner and said, "ALL THE GIRLS!" then...well look at your currently surroundings...

How do the locals take to my triumphant return?

It's an eight day sailing before you get back to Pyke, when you disembark you're met by the King as well as Lord Balon and his kin. Balon looks downright purple while Robert is flat out dying laughing beside him.

Apparently when you black out, you collapsed to the ground then suddenly sprung back up, grabbed the bottle and drained the rest of it in one pull, smashed the bottle on Balon's seat. Then ran THROUGH a wall howling "OH YEAH!!!" then stole Balon's ship and did a non-stop tour of ALL the whore houses of the iron islands.

Robert takes a looks at you, opens his mouth to speak, and promptly falls over laughing so hard tears flow from his eyes and his big hams of fists are pounding the ground. Balon if anything is even angrier.

I like chess!

And they like punching stuff..

I cough. Its a hint.

He's lost in his voice, takes that choreographed shout of SHUT UP before he gets the hint.

I do then. Makes it easier to recover.

Alright.

"Smile, lads this day will be remembered for an age and each of you will be part of the tale. I'll see to it myself that the name of every man present is recorded for posterity. I'm sure the Drowned God is smiling on all of you right now."

Many smile at that.

I actually help carry it myself and take the lead of the operation.

Well actually they insist they do it, consecrated to the drowned god and all that.

Again, I make sure to help. After all, I found the damned thing."

This is their ceremony.

In insist on being the one to drag up the barrels.

That they let you do.

Once its done, I put a hand on his shoulder and smile. "Today, my friend, was a good day."

Indeed it is and they roar into cheers after that even carrying you on their shoulders into town.

I do mention in passing to Robert in a whisper (If they didn't like me before, well... Just don't go sitting in it, da. The locals are restless.)

Wasn't going to, that thing STINKS!

Is Asha here?

And does Balon show up just in time to make an ass of himself?

No but they DO pull in three days later, Asha in AWE of you, Balon almost frantic to learn about the throne.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 34 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 26 ... 34  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum