Giant Stompy Robots
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus!

+2
Psyckosama
Brian Boru
6 posters

Page 22 of 34 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 28 ... 34  Next

Go down

Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus! - Page 22 Empty Re: Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus!

Post by Psyckosama Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:32 am

The member 'Rieverre' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd100' : 4

Psyckosama
Admin

https://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus! - Page 22 Empty Re: Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus!

Post by Brian Boru Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:54 am

Psyckosama wrote:Heh. YES! The world needs moar pasta!

That like...your opinion man! tongue

Would be nice.

Grumble....

"I know. Here."

I hand him a short sword. "Gover

Note, I made sure to grab my most important items.

He takes it and nods.

I turn red with rage.

Now that’s a bit terrifying.

I probably eat half an ox before wiping off the muck and passing out in bed, spooning with Dacey.

Yup and Yup.

I give everyone a glare to reenforce Tyrion's order. "You've heard my steward."

Rapid nods all around.

An arm goes around her.

"That was the plan. That was the plan..."

At this point I'm sure we're propping each other up.

A tired smile, and yes pretty much.

I put a hand on Robert's shoulder. "Lets just get some rest."

He nods whole-heartedly at that.

So, next morning... two days later... once we recover?

What goes on?

Two days, when you wake up, you see that a huge meal with every sort of food imaginable is spread out for the royal party. You spot Hoster and his son and heir seated at the high table with places set for you as well. Both men bid you a good morning and ask that you sit and eat. While you do so the elder Tully asks what on earth had happened in that forest, the stories the free riders told them talked about gigantic packs of wolves constantly attacking you for days.

Rieverre wrote:And yet here we are. And there Thoros is, with a flaming sword. If that's not playing fast and loose with what we're supposed to do, I don't know what is.

Well it does make things exciting I guess.

In which case, ideally, if I can't finish him fast, circling and harassing until his sword is slag might well be a good tactic to use.

Very true.

Astoundingly, the horse doesn’t flinch...at all...infact it’s almost disdainful of the wildfire swinging around, even Thoros’s horse is more nervous about that sword.

Thoros actually hesitates when he sees that even when he tries to freak your horse out nothing happens.

Perfect moment to knock him out right then and there.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:18 am

Brian Boru wrote:That like...your opinion man! tongue

Spaghetti, Ravioli, Lasagna...

He takes it and nods.

Good.

Now that’s a bit terrifying.

Still not dumb enough to charge them... even though I could probably kill DOZENS!. I'd still fall under numbers.

Yup and Yup.

Though so.

Rapid nods all around.

Good.

A tired smile, and yes pretty much.

Kiss kiss! Very Happy

He nods whole-heartedly at that.

"If I ever see a wolf that's not on a Stark banner, it'll be too bloody soon... still... I don't blame the beasts for the actions of evil me. Even evil skinchanging men."

Two days, when you wake up, you see that a huge meal with every sort of food imaginable is spread out for the royal party.

My stomach probably is audiable across the room.

You spot Hoster and his son and heir seated at the high table with places set for you as well.  Both men bid you a good morning and ask that you sit and eat.  While you do so the elder Tully asks what on earth had happened in that forest, the stories the free riders told them talked about gigantic packs of wolves constantly attacking you for days.

"Well over a hundred and they were attacking not like beasts, but like men. Hit and run, going for the horses first, a constant assault intended to frighten and demoralize, only attacking when a man's courage broke and he attempted to run. They were not common beasts. There was something freakish going on... but I'm sure my father's already told you that much."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:06 am

Psyckosama wrote:Spaghetti, Ravioli, Lasagna...

Blarg...

Still not dumb enough to charge them... even though I could probably kill DOZENS!. I'd still fall under numbers.

Smart move.

"If I ever see a wolf that's not on a Stark banner, it'll be too bloody soon... still... I don't blame the beasts for the actions of evil me. Even evil skinchanging men."

Most of the others stare at you, wanting to deny skinchangers, then they think about it for a moment, and then are forced to agree there is no way in the Seven Hells that those could have been anything other than skinchangers, they shudder at the idea of so many of them in one place.

My stomach probably is audiable across the room.

You and Robert are putting thunderstorms to shame.

"Well over a hundred and they were attacking not like beasts, but like men. Hit and run, going for the horses first, a constant assault intended to frighten and demoralize, only attacking when a man's courage broke and he attempted to run. They were not common beasts. There was something freakish going on... but I'm sure my father's already told you that much."

The look of horror would be hilarious if you hadn't lost a quarter of the young men you'd intended to have as a part of your retinue.

Edmure speaks up then and says that he'd be willing to ride out with hunting parties to clear out the beasts. He also asks if you'd be willing to ride him.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:14 am

Brian Boru wrote:Blarg...

... heretic.

Most of the others stare at you, wanting to deny skinchangers, then they think about it for a moment, and then are forced to agree there is no way in the Seven Hells that those could have been anything other than skinchangers, they shudder at the idea of so many of them in one place.

"Horrifying to consider I know... but it's the only thing that makes sense."

You and Robert are putting thunderstorms to shame.

And probably eating enough for armies. I bet Dacey isn't being too lady like either and Tyrions eating enough for a man twice his size.

The look of horror would be hilarious if you hadn't lost a quarter of the young men you'd intended to have as a part of your retinue.

I know. It pisses me off right furious.

Edmure speaks up then and says that he'd be willing to ride out with hunting parties to clear out the beasts.  He also asks if you'd be willing to ride him.

"Willing, yes, but not too bloody anxious. Besides, considering this is the woods I think bands of woodsmen, trackers, and hunters would do better than mounted men. Blokes who know every tree and every leaf. Heavy Horse are mighty on the field but in the wood, against such a freakish foe, we'd be blundering about like Oxen on a dance floor."

I take a LONG swig of ale. "That said, this might be a good chance to polish up on my bushcraft."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:10 am

Brian Boru wrote:Astoundingly, the horse doesn’t flinch...at all...infact it’s almost disdainful of the wildfire swinging around, even Thoros’s horse is more nervous about that sword.

Thoros actually hesitates when he sees that even when he tries to freak your horse out nothing happens.

Perfect moment to knock him out right then and there.

Since I'm already that close I deliver a flat thrust to the center of his chest with the leading edge of my shield, to knock him out of the saddle as I pass.

... huh. Maybe all that jousting was good for something after all.

Also, this horse is awesome. ^^
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun 17 Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:55 pm

Brian Boru wrote:

He grins, a bit different than the Gates of the Moon isn’t lad.  While not the middle of nowhere it just isn’t like the capital is it?

As for your confidence he agrees that if how you fought against his brother is any proof than the melee shouldn’t be much trouble.

"Any interesting news concerning the court besides the tournament? we don't hear as much as we would like back home."

Silver Sun 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:38 am

Psyckosama wrote:... heretic.

Says you....

"Horrifying to consider I know... but it's the only thing that makes sense."

When 150 wolves are attacking in concert like a band of professional warriors....anything will make sense....

And probably eating enough for armies. I bet Dacey isn't being too lady like either and Tyrions eating enough for a man twice his size.

It'd be horrific if you hadn't been going through hell...

I know. It pisses me off right furious.

Wolf skins in the future then?

"Willing, yes, but not too bloody anxious. Besides, considering this is the woods I think bands of woodsmen, trackers, and hunters would do better than mounted men. Blokes who know every tree and every leaf. Heavy Horse are mighty on the field but in the wood, against such a freakish foe, we'd be blundering about like Oxen on a dance floor."

I take a LONG swig of ale. "That said, this might be a good chance to polish up on my bushcraft."

Well when you put that way....Lord Hoster promises to send with you the best hunters he can scrounge up though with numbers like these, he isn't sure a stealthy group will be big enough to deal with them....

However he gets things started quickly enough, within three days Lord Hoster's gathered men of the forests numbering around 200 or so. Apparently the news that the King and his Son were nearly slain by a gigantic pack of demonic magical wolves doesn't sit well with the folk of the Riverlands....

Now how do you want to carry this out and roll a d100 once you've made your choice.

Rieverre wrote:Since I'm already that close I deliver a flat thrust to the center of his chest with the leading edge of my shield, to knock him out of the saddle as I pass.

... huh. Maybe all that jousting was good for something after all.

He never sees the blow to the solar plexus that knocks the air out of him and leaves him falling off the side of his horse. The sword luckily doesn't set either him or the horse of fire, the later of whom VERY quickly gets away from the green flames.

Looking around you see that both of the Cleganes are still in this fight, along with another 16 or so men though that number is quickly dropping. You notice what looks like a quartet of Dornish knights working as a unit off to one side, Gregor in the center, while Sandor is working on the edge of the last scrum.

Also, this horse is awesome. ^^

Trait gained, "UNFLAPPABLE HORSE" This horse will never panic and will bullrush a Pike Tercio if you tell him to.

Silver Sun 17 wrote:"Any interesting news concerning the court besides the tournament? we don't hear as much as we would like back home."

Nothing really though Both Clegane brothers are competing, and that is always interesting....often a horse loses it's head and people get beaten to a worse pulp than normal when those two are in the same vicinity.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:52 am

Brian Boru wrote:Says you....

Damned skippy!

When 150 wolves are attacking in concert like a band of professional warriors....anything will make sense....

Yeah. Sometimes the crazy answer is the only one that makes sense... :p

It'd be horrific if you hadn't been going through hell...

I don't fret their appetites. I'm sure the riverlanders are scandalized.

Wolf skins in the future then?

Maybe. I don'thate ALL wolves, jsut tHESE wolves.

Well when you put that way....Lord Hoster promises to send with you the best hunters he can scrounge up though with numbers like these, he isn't sure a stealthy group will be big enough to deal with them....

THat's the catch 200. A stealthy group isn't large enough and a large group it too loud to ever get close.

However he gets things started quickly enough, within three days Lord Hoster's gathered men of the forests numbering around 200 or so.  Apparently the news that the King and his Son were nearly slain by a gigantic pack of demonic magical wolves doesn't sit well with the folk of the Riverlands....

If it helps put things at ease, I make sure the story goes out properly... it seems that they were fucking SKINCHANGER BANDITS who were terrorizing the marshes to the north. I found them and wiped them out without a single loss to my war party...

This trapped in the bodies of thier own wolves, and being the base and honorless creatures they were, they attempted to avenge their own cowardly deaths, but as they were cowardly beings no matter their skins, even with numbers innumerable and attacking without pause, for three days and nights, they were still not mightly enough to take down the mighty Barathion Stag and his heir!

Now how do you want to carry this out and roll a d100 once you've made your choice.

Honestly, I'm somewhat ambivalent. Frankly at this point... I need a fucking vacation :p

I ask Robert if he thinks I should. It would look bad to not join in, but at the same time, I need some fucking rest before we head into the Lion Pit. If so, I do...

anyways, jist in case...

Psyckosama carried out 1 launched of one d100 :

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:23 am

Brian Boru wrote:He never sees the blow to the solar plexus that knocks the air out of him and leaves him falling off the side of his horse.  The sword luckily doesn't set either him or the horse of fire, the later of whom VERY quickly gets away from the green flames.

Looking around you see that both of the Cleganes are still in  this fight, along with another 16 or so men though that number is quickly dropping.  You notice what looks like a quartet of Dornish knights working as a unit off to one side, Gregor in the center, while Sandor is working on the edge of the last scrum.

That's three possible targets then. I think I'll leave Gregor and the Dornish to entertain one-another and finish my scrap with Sandor in the meanwhile. Seems like a fair arrangement, that. I'll get an idea of where he's going to be in a little bit, line up, and spur my horse on. I've tried brawling before. Now, let's see how hit and run tactics would work. I'll try to always arrange to pass him by at speed, and throw an opportune sword-blow or shield strike, possibly both, in the window where I'm in range.

Trait gained, "UNFLAPPABLE HORSE"  This horse will never panic and will bullrush a Pike Tercio if you tell him to.

And I shall call him Matt.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:38 am

Psyckosama wrote:Yeah. Sometimes the crazy answer is the only one that makes sense... :p

Heh

I don't fret their appetites. I'm sure the riverlanders are scandalized.

Indeed...Indeed...

Maybe. I don'thate ALL wolves, jsut tHESE wolves.

Still bunch of canines are going to be hurting.

THat's the catch 200. A stealthy group isn't large enough and a large group it too loud to ever get close.

Heh

If it helps put things at ease, I make sure the story goes out properly... it seems that they were fucking SKINCHANGER BANDITS who were terrorizing the marshes to the north. I found them and wiped them out without a single loss to my war party...

This trapped in the bodies of thier own wolves, and being the base and honorless creatures they were, they attempted to avenge their own cowardly deaths, but as they were cowardly beings no matter their skins, even with numbers innumerable and attacking without pause, for three days and nights, they were still not mightly enough to take down the mighty Barathion Stag and his heir!

It’d be laughed at if there wasn’t the horrible evidence about it.

Honestly, I'm somewhat ambivalent. Frankly at this point... I need a fucking vacation :p

I ask Robert if he thinks I should. It would look bad to not join in, but at the same time, I need some fucking rest before we head into the Lion Pit. If so, I do...

anyways, jist in case…

He seems to dither over it for a while before finally saying, “Fuck it we’ve gone through enough. Let the Riverland folk put in some fighting.”

The hunting bands go into the Whispering woods, all is silent for days except for the faintest hint of a howl on the wind, but right before you’re tempted to head into that forest again, the hunters return, what’s left of them anyway.

Apparently the wargs put up a tremendous fight and even though ALL the wargs are dead, they took a quarter of the hunters with them. And the rest have a large collection of scars to go with the hides. But the deed is done and the Riverlands can finally rest easy at night, or you can at least.

Rieverre wrote:That's three possible targets then. I think I'll leave Gregor and the Dornish to entertain one-another and finish my scrap with Sandor in the meanwhile. Seems like a fair arrangement, that. I'll get an idea of where he's going to be in a little bit, line up, and spur my horse on. I've tried brawling before. Now, let's see how hit and run tactics would work. I'll try to always arrange to pass him by at speed, and throw an opportune sword-blow or shield strike, possibly both, in the window where I'm in range.

Using your smaller size you manage to score several hits on the larger man which leaves him reeling but Sandor isn’t the personal guard of Prince Joffrey for his wit and before he finally goes down he leaves one HELL of a bruising to your chest which makes it hurt to breath.

And I shall call him Matt.

Matt the Mighty!
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:53 am

Brian Boru wrote:
Indeed...Indeed...

Yeah.

Still bunch of canines are going to be hurting.

True, and I suggest that we put some wolf skin rugs in the throne room. About 150 would suffice. What does Robert say?

It’d be laughed at if there wasn’t the horrible evidence about it.

"Well, if this isn't evidence that they exist I don't know what is... though I do agree. All we'd need is a wizard, a couple Others, and a Riding Dragon to make this properlly something out of a fucking child's story."

Though I do in private talk with Robert. As they do exist, we want some on our side. Be a bloody useful bunch of cunts, I'd say...

Back when we were on the Wall I heard some tall tales about a man named Haggon who is said to be a Warg. I think we need to court him. If we can get some proper Skinchangers on our side we'd have scouts that even Aegon the Conqueror with his bloody Dragons would have been envious of.

He seems to dither over it for a while before finally saying, “Fuck it we’ve gone through enough.  Let the Riverland folk put in some fighting.”

"Of course father."

I try and look disappointed. I probably do a poor job of it.

The hunting bands go into the Whispering woods, all is silent for days except for the faintest hint of a howl on the wind, but right before you’re tempted to head into that forest again, the hunters return, what’s left of them anyway.

Apparently the wargs put up a tremendous fight and even though ALL the wargs are dead, they took a quarter of the hunters with them.  And the rest have a large collection of scars to go with the hides.  But the deed is done and the Riverlands can finally rest easy at night, or you can at least.

Well, they need to be properly rewarded. I'll let Robert handle it though I do ask that an eye be kept on them, as far as I'm concerned they earned a reward and some favor... and if they're ever left in need, they might find that the King doesn't forget his debts. Never forget your debts, a solid lesson to live by, wouldn't you say, Tyrion?

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun 17 Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:57 am

Nothing really though Both Clegane brothers are competing, and that is always interesting....often a horse loses it's head and people get beaten to a worse pulp than normal when those two are in the same vicinity.
"That's going the fun to deal with. If I'm in the same melee as one of them I'm breaking their arm. Should keep the casualties down when one of them is laid up."

Silver Sun 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:04 am

Psyckosama wrote:Yeah.

Heh

True, and I suggest that we put some wolf skin rugs in the throne room. About 150 would suffice. What does Robert say?

He rather likes the idea to be honest.

"Well, if this isn't evidence that they exist I don't know what is... though I do agree. All we'd need is a wizard, a couple Others, and a Riding Dragon to make this properlly something out of a fucking child's story."

Harsh and bitter laughter.

Though I do in private talk with Robert. As they do exist, we want some on our side. Be a bloody useful bunch of cunts, I'd say...

Back when we were on the Wall I heard some tall tales about a man named Haggon who is said to be a Warg. I think we need to court him. If we can get some proper Skinchangers on our side we'd have scouts that even Aegon the Conqueror with his bloody Dragons would have been envious of.

Considering what these chuckle-fucks could do, having some on his side sounds like an excellent idea.

"Of course father."

I try and look disappointed. I probably do a poor job of it.

“You’re not fooling anyone son, propriety be damned, sit down and have a slice of ham!”

Well, they need to be properly rewarded. I'll let Robert handle it though I do ask that an eye be kept on them, as far as I'm concerned they earned a reward and some favor... and if they're ever left in need, they might find that the King doesn't forget his debts. Never forget your debts, a solid lesson to live by, wouldn't you say, Tyrion?

Each of the hunters is given a reward of 20 Gold Dragons, while tiny compared to the ludicrous amounts spent in other things it’s a HUGE amount of money for the hunters and they are forever thankful for the gift. They’ve got some REAL stake now.

And yes Tyrion agrees that no price is too low for the Hunter’s services in this endeavour.

You stay a few more days before heading out again, down South towards the Westerlands. Your first major visit is the Golden Tooth, the great Castle Fortress that is the entrance to the Westerlands. Greeting you is Lord Lefford, a sour man if what the locals have told you are true but an able administrator and even Tywin’s Quartermaster when he called the Westerland’s banners. He welcomes you to a solid but not exceptional feast, though considering he’s sitting on a gold mine himself like Tywin does, that’s more frugality than low funds, but the food is VERY well made.

Silver Sun 17 wrote:"That's going the fun to deal with. If I'm in the same melee as one of them I'm breaking their arm. Should keep the casualties down when one of them is laid up."

Tyrion laughs at that, “Well you certainly don’t lack for confidence now do you lad?”

Skip to the joust?
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:26 am

Brian Boru wrote:He rather likes the idea to be honest.

Thought he would.

Harsh and bitter laughter.

Followed by a deep sigh from me. "Where's that bottle of magical ironborn booze when you actually need it..."

Considering what these chuckle-fucks could do, having some on his side sounds like an excellent idea.

Great. Though I think we shouldn't let Verys handle this one... frankly I trust the dickless bastard about as far as Tyrion could toss his pudgy ass.

“You’re not fooling anyone son, propriety be damned, sit down and have a slice of ham!”

I take a deep breath. "Of course father..."

I sit down, cut off a piece of ham... and then spear the rest of blasted thing with my dagger and move it onto my plate. If I get any looks I raise an eyebrow. "What?"

Each of the hunters is given a reward of 20 Gold Dragons, while tiny compared to the ludicrous amounts spent in other things it’s a HUGE amount of money for the hunters and they are forever thankful for the gift.  They’ve got some REAL stake now.

I also thank them individually and I make sure the kin of those who died get their fair share.

And yes Tyrion agrees that no price is too low for the Hunter’s services in this endeavour.

Glad we agree. I believe the royal armies could use a dedicated ranger corps as scouts and irregulars. I may have just found my core...

You stay a few more days before heading out again, down South towards the Westerlands.

I guess the entire visit was spoiled by the wolves. I make sure to give my due thanks and socialize with everyone. I also mention to them that Catlyn was doing very well and her children are strapping boys and lovely girls... if Lysa is asked about I'm much more... uncomfortable.

Your first major visit is the Golden Tooth, the great Castle Fortress that is the entrance to the Westerlands.  Greeting you is Lord Lefford, a sour man if what the locals have told you are true but an able administrator and even Tywin’s Quartermaster when he called the Westerland’s banners.  He welcomes you to a solid but not exceptional feast, though considering he’s sitting on a gold mine himself like Tywin does, that’s more frugality than low funds, but the food is VERY well made.

I mention to him in passing that I respect his frugality and mention to him that I respect his position of Quartermaster greatly. Battles are won by generals, but without a talented quartermaster war can never be won.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:52 am

Brian Boru wrote:Using your smaller size you manage to score several hits on the larger man which leaves him reeling but Sandor isn’t the personal guard of Prince Joffrey for his wit and before he finally goes down he leaves one HELL of a bruising to your chest which makes it hurt to breath.

... as long as I still can breathe, that's not that bad a tradeoff. I do make sure to keep my distance from where he went down on the off chance he gets a sudden rage revive and shanks my horse or something. Situation on the rest of field?

Matt the Mighty!

More like The Horse Without Fear. Now where can I get some red dye.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun 17 Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:19 pm

Brian Boru wrote:

Tyrion laughs at that, “Well you certainly don’t lack for confidence now do you lad?”
"Hope for the best, but be ready for the worst." i shrug.

Skip to the joust?

sure

Silver Sun 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:50 am

Psyckosama wrote:Thought he would.

Heh

Followed by a deep sigh from me. "Where's that bottle of magical ironborn booze when you actually need it..."

Laughter immediately stops and look of raw undiluted terror replaces it.

Great. Though I think we shouldn't let Verys handle this one... frankly I trust the dickless bastard about as far as Tyrion could toss his pudgy ass.

That gets him laughing as well though he wonders how you'd get someone like those loons anyway...

I take a deep breath. "Of course father..."

I sit down, cut off a piece of ham... and then spear the rest of blasted thing with my dagger and move it onto my plate. If I get any looks I raise an eyebrow. "What?"

There are a few looks but no one says anything and they turn back to their meals.

I also thank them individually and I make sure the kin of those who died get their fair share.

For some of them, the thanks by the crown prince means much more than even the gold.

Glad we agree. I believe the royal armies could use a dedicated ranger corps as scouts and irregulars. I may have just found my core...

Interesting....

I guess the entire visit was spoiled by the wolves. I make sure to give my due thanks and socialize with everyone. I also mention to them that Catlyn was doing very well and her children are strapping boys and lovely girls... if Lysa is asked about I'm much more... uncomfortable.

They seem heartened by this though when you ....pause with Lady Lysa....they do press, they're actually more worried about her since she was always the more....fragile one.

I mention to him in passing that I respect his frugality and mention to him that I respect his position of Quartermaster greatly. Battles are won by generals, but without a talented quartermaster war can never be won.

He thanks you taciturnly but with complete sincerity. You stay for a few days before riding onwards to Casterly Rock, stopping every so often. Eventually though you reach Casterly Rock....and the place does NOT fucking http://gameofthrones.net/images/House_Lannister/casterly-rock-song-of-ice-and-fire.jpg.

When you reach the city at the base of the mountain, you find that lord Tywin Lannister is waiting for the royal retinue, along with his brother Keven and a slew of the Lannister cousins.

He bows respectively to you and the king, he even spares a moment for Tyrion, who's a little stunned at this. He then invites you to the rock.

Rieverre wrote:... as long as I still can breathe, that's not that bad a tradeoff. I do make sure to keep my distance from where he went down on the off chance he gets a sudden rage revive and shanks my horse or something. Situation on the rest of field?

He doesn't get back up.

The elder clegane is hacking through the remainder while the quarter are squaring off to charge you.

More like The Horse Without Fear. Now where can I get some red dye.

Planning to make him the next red hare?

[quote="Silver Sun 17"]"Hope for the best, but be ready for the worst." i shrug.
[quote]

Wise words to live by.

sure

It seems almost like the blink of an eye and the remaining time before the tourney is over and you're lined up against some knight from the Riverlands, the benches and the ground around it are almost overflowing to see this royal bastard that's shown up out of nowhere. You acknowledge them or get on to the joust?
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:27 am

Brian Boru wrote:Laughter immediately stops and look of raw undiluted terror replaces it.

I smirk.

That gets him laughing as well though he wonders how you'd get someone like those loons anyway...

"Seriously though, I think the man's dangerous. His loyalties are... questionable. I think we need to groom a couple more spymasters just to make sure we're not dependent on the bomb and his birdies."

There are a few looks but no one says anything and they turn back to their meals.

Heh.

For some of them, the thanks by the crown prince means much more than even the gold.

Any have young sons? I'm sure I could find some knights willing to squire them.

Interesting....

I believe in force multipliers. Unconventional forces can't win against a proper army in the field, but at the right place and time they can hit far harder than the numbers would suggest.

If those wolves could harry us night and day, imagine a force of huntsman doing the same to a hostile army on its way to battle?

Kill the horses, burn the carts, terrorize the men, and harry the leadership... by the time they met us on the field all they'd be fit for would be a long restless nap.

They seem heartened by this though when you ....pause with Lady Lysa....they do press, they're actually more worried about her since she was always the more....fragile one.

After a long while I'm honest... she's gone around the bend.

Anyways, soon after I arrive I use ravens to suggest forming the same arrangement with Myranda Royce that I have with Dacey.

He thanks you taciturnly but with complete sincerity.  You stay for a few days before riding onwards to Casterly Rock, stopping every so often.  Eventually though you reach Casterly Rock....and the place does NOT fucking http://gameofthrones.net/images/House_Lannister/casterly-rock-song-of-ice-and-fire.jpg.

"Not bad. Still a far cry from the Eyrie," I mention to Robert.

When you reach the city at the base of the mountain, you find that lord Tywin Lannister is waiting for the royal retinue, along with his brother Keven and a slew of the Lannister cousins.

He bows respectively to you and the king, he even spares a moment for Tyrion, who's a little stunned at this.  He then invites you to the rock.

I nod respectfully. "Lord Paramount Tywin."

In general I'm respectful but a little guarded.

As for Tyrion, when we're away from earshot... I remind him that he is Steward of Dragonstone. He has nobility and rank outside of his father's authority, and for a man so obsessed with the respectability of the Lannister house, you bring honor to your family and to be in ay way rude in front my father and me would be an insult to the crown.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:27 am

Psyckosama wrote:I smirk.

Heh

"Seriously though, I think the man's dangerous. His loyalties are... questionable. I think we need to groom a couple more spymasters just to make sure we're not dependent on the bomb and his birdies."

"Dangerous yes and I trust him about as much as you but who the hell could we hire that could do his job a fraction so well?"

Any have young sons? I'm sure I could find some knights willing to squire them.

A few and they're ecstatic.

I believe in force multipliers. Unconventional forces can't win against a proper army in the field, but at the right place and time they can hit far harder than the numbers would suggest.

If those wolves could harry us night and day, imagine a force of huntsman doing the same to a hostile army on its way to battle?

Kill the horses, burn the carts, terrorize the men, and harry the leadership... by the time they met us on the field all they'd be fit for would be a long restless nap.

He'll consider it, but considering he's a front fighter he's not exactly gung-ho.

After a long while I'm honest... she's gone around the bend.

Looks of concern spread across their faces and they ask further about how bad is she.

Anyways, soon after I arrive I use ravens to suggest forming the same arrangement with Myranda Royce that I have with Dacey.

Amazingly you get an eventual response stating that it'll be done. Though made sure to be worded that she's a companion of your sister. Appearances are everything afterall.

"Not bad. Still a far cry from the Eyrie," I mention to Robert.

"Nothing compares to the Eyrie lad, though this does come close I must admit."

I nod respectfully. "Lord Paramount Tywin."

In general I'm respectful but a little guarded.

Honor and protocol is kept and everything goes smoothly.

As for Tyrion, when we're away from earshot... I remind him that he is Steward of Dragonstone. He has nobility and rank outside of his father's authority, and for a man so obsessed with the respectability of the Lannister house, you bring honor to your family and to be in ay way rude in front my father and me would be an insult to the crown.

He thanks you for that and he hopes that his father remembers that as well, "Intelligent a man as he is when it comes to me....he becomes more than a little foolish." His eyes dart around a bit when he says that last bit, as if he's scared of being overheard.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:14 am

Brian Boru wrote:"Dangerous yes and I trust him about as much as you but who the hell could we hire that could do his job a fraction so well?"

"There's a reason I'm courting Tyrion's loyalty... and the thing about spymasters is you should never have just ten."

A few and they're ecstatic.

It will be done.

He'll consider it, but considering he's a front fighter he's not exactly gung-ho.

"Would have been useful before the Battle of the Bells I bet... and speaking of the Bells, knowing your habits... I think we need to stop by the brothel you stayed when there... sibling check you see. Last thing we need is a Barathion sired lass coming on age in a whorehouse."

If he asks how the bloody hell would I know that... well...

After the battle of the bells he was injured and laid up for several months. Given his choice of places to hide out the options pretty much would be either a brothel, a bordello, or possibly a whore house. And when staying in such a place we both know that what he'd be doing would be the occupants. And spend a couple months fucking every prostitute in reach and... well... believe it or not, but sex makes babies. Shocker I know.

Looks of concern spread across their faces and they ask further about how bad is she.

I go into agonizing detail making sure to mention her many miscarriages and if the opportunity to say it comes up without me looking like an utter cunt, I mention its in line with the acute damage caused by a massive Moon Tea overdose.

Amazingly you get an eventual response stating that it'll be done.  Though made sure to be worded that she's a companion of your sister.  Appearances are everything afterall.

Of course. She is my sister's lady in waiting. The Main objective here is to make sure that she doesn't get married out from under me (literally) and that any children are ensured a proper name and rank as Nestor's legitimate heirs.

"Nothing compares to the Eyrie lad, though this does come close I must admit."

"Well, I'd compare the Wall to the Eyrie, but beyond that you just might be right..."

Honor and protocol is kept and everything goes smoothly.

So what now?

And does The Bitch come up?

He thanks you for that and he hopes that his father remembers that as well, "Intelligent a man as he is when it comes to me....he becomes more than a little foolish."  His eyes dart around a bit when he says that last bit, as if he's scared of being overheard.

I nod. "If he does forget, I'll take great offense. After all, while you are not my blood kin, you are my brother by choice, and as they say... family comes first."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:34 am

Psyckosama wrote:"There's a reason I'm courting Tyrion's loyalty... and the thing about spymasters is you should never have just ten."

He gives you a look at that one.

It will be done.

And they thank you profusely for it.

"Would have been useful before the Battle of the Bells I bet... and speaking of the Bells, knowing your habits... I think we need to stop by the brothel you stayed when there... sibling check you see. Last thing we need is a Barathion sired lass coming on age in a whorehouse."

If he asks how the bloody hell would I know that... well...

And he does.

After the battle of the bells he was injured and laid up for several months. Given his choice of places to hide out the options pretty much would be either a brothel, a bordello, or possibly a whore house. And when staying in such a place we both know that what he'd be doing would be the occupants. And spend a couple months fucking every prostitute in reach and... well... believe it or not, but sex makes babies. Shocker I know.

He goes, red, then white, then green, then puce, then green again....all within about 20 seconds....if you had a camera you could record it and sell tickets for the color show... he says he'll send someone first chance he has.

I go into agonizing detail making sure to mention her many miscarriages and if the opportunity to say it comes up without me looking like an utter cunt, I mention its in line with the acute damage caused by a massive Moon Tea overdose.

Edmure is saddened by the pain his sister went through while old Hoster seems to have turned ashen, though he doesn't explain his reaction and asks to excuse himself from the meal, he seems to stumble a bit.

You learn after you leave that Hoster suffered a massive heart attack, he survived but he's bedridden for the forseeable future and is ranting and raving like a lunatic.

Of course. She is my sister's lady in waiting. The Main objective here is to make sure that she doesn't get married out from under me (literally) and that any children are ensured a proper name and rank as Nestor's legitimate heirs.

Noted.

"Well, I'd compare the Wall to the Eyrie, but beyond that you just might be right..."

"The wall just isn't natural, ICE for the gods sakes!"

So what now?

You head to the rock and a feast is prepared, and it's the richest damn feast you've ever seen in your life, from the reactions of the others, this isn't normal fair and Tywin is trying to impress here. You do get a bit of a laugh when the entire room goggles when Robert says he's sworn off wine for the rest of his life and only asks for a small beer. Even Tywin's eyes widen for a moment, though he schools his feature quickly enough and acts like nothing happened. More than one servant accidentally ran into a wall, or crashed into a pillar, or tripped, or dropped their platters, or their bottles, or over poured a glass, or set something on fire or...well the list goes on.

And does The Bitch come up?

As a matter of fact no, when you ask, you learn that after she returned home, she had something of a nervous breakdown, she's alive but all the fire...and poison...has been drained out of her and she begged ill for the night. She's actually set to be remarried, to the new knight of the Hound's tower.

I nod. "If he does forget, I'll take great offense. After all, while you are not my blood kin, you are my brother by choice, and as they say... family comes first."

He nods and thanks you for the vote of support, he knows you've given it plenty in the past but a reassurance right here, and right now, certainly doesn't hurt.

Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:45 am

Brian Boru wrote:He gives you a look at that one.

"The problem with spymasters is they don't tell you what you hear, they tell you what they want you to hear. Multiple sources means you can vet the bullshit."

And they thank you profusely for it.

They're welcome. I remember my debts.

He goes, red, then white, then green, then puce, then green again....all within about 20 seconds....if you had a camera you could record it and sell tickets for the color show...  he says he'll send someone first chance he has.

"We're going that way anyways. Might be best to simply visit your old stomping grounds... but honestly, I would put eyes on anywhere you spent an extended period of time. Just to make sure."

Edmure is saddened by the pain his sister went through while old Hoster seems to have turned ashen, though he doesn't explain his reaction and asks to excuse himself from the meal, he seems to stumble a bit.

I immediately catch him.

You learn after you leave that Hoster suffered a massive heart attack, he survived but he's bedridden for the forseeable future and is ranting and raving like a lunatic.

Dude, I'm trained as an EMT and I probably would have been able to pick up on it.

In fact I'll roll.

Psyckosama carried out 1 launched of one d10 :

Noted.

I look after my girls.

"The wall just isn't natural, ICE for the gods sakes!"

"And don't tell me that a giant bloody castle of ice wouldn't  at least be impressive as hell..."

You head to the rock and a feast is prepared, and it's the richest damn feast you've ever seen in your life, from the reactions of the others, this isn't normal fair and Tywin is trying to impress here.  You do get a bit of a laugh when the entire room goggles when Robert says he's lost hiss taste for wine and only asks for a small beer.  Even Tywin's eyes widen for a moment, though he schools his feature quickly enough and acts like nothing happened.  More than one servant accidentally ran into a wall, or crashed into a pillar, or tripped, or dropped their platters, or their bottles, or over poured a glass, or set something on fire or...well the list goes on.

I don't tell them where it came from. I just give Robert an approving smile. His son is very proud of his father.

As a matter of fact no, when you ask, you learn that after she returned home, she had something of a nervous breakdown, she's alive but all the fire...and poison...has been drained out of her and she begged ill for the night.

Does Tywin know what happened to Jamie?

She's actually set to be remarried, to the new knight of the Hound's tower.

Sandor? Ouch. That's ought to burn her britches.

He nods and thanks you for the vote of support, he knows you've given it plenty in the past but a reassurance right here, and right now, certainly doesn't hurt.

I smile and actually lower myself to eye level and offer him my hand to grasp. "Always will I have your back."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:57 am

Brian Boru wrote:He doesn't get back up.

The elder clegane is hacking through the remainder while the quarter are squaring off to charge you.

They've probably trained to fight together, which is going to make my previous approach of using opponents as convenient cover less effective. So rather than sticking to doing just that, I'll try to get their effective numbers down the old-fashioned way. I'll wait for them to charge and bolt off to the side, so they have to waste momentum on readjusting, then countercharge the closest one and try to unhorse him during the pass. Repeat as necessary, and take care to not get my movement options locked down by the others while I'm doing it.

Planning to make him the next red hare?

If I can't find any fake little devil horns anywhere.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun 17 Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:06 pm

Brian Boru wrote:
It seems almost like the blink of an eye and the remaining time before the tourney is over and you're lined up against some knight from the Riverlands, the benches and the ground around it are almost overflowing to see this royal bastard that's shown up out of nowhere.  You acknowledge them or get on to the joust?
I make a gesture of greeting to the crowd then turn my full attention of the Knight I'm up against.

Silver Sun 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:30 am

Psyckosama wrote:"The problem with spymasters is they don't tell you what you hear, they tell you what they want you to hear. Multiple sources means you can vet the bullshit."

He shrugs at that, a point but he’ll need to speak with Jon on that one.

They're welcome. I remember my debts.

Kool.

"We're going that way anyways. Might be best to simply visit your old stomping grounds... but honestly, I would put eyes on anywhere you spent an extended period of time. Just to make sure."

“Y-yes...let’s” He croaks.

I immediately catch him.

He seems to recover and other than having suffered some immensive shock he seems alright.

Dude, I'm trained as an EMT and I probably would have been able to pick up on it.

You’re almost to golden tooth when you hear about it.

In fact I'll roll.

Brian Boru carried out 1 launched of one d10 :

See the catching section.

I look after my girls.

Heh

"And don't tell me that a giant bloody castle of ice wouldn't at least be impressive as hell..."

He can’t deny that.

I don't tell them where it came from. I just give Robert an approving smile. His son is very proud of his father.

You get a warm grin in response.

Does Tywin know what happened to Jamie?

Just the basics, no letters have been sent yet.

Sandor? Ouch. That's ought to burn her britches.

The screams of horror, rage, and despair could be heard in every corner of Lannisport.

I smile and actually lower myself to eye level and offer him my hand to grasp. "Always will I have your back."

“And I yours, my Prince.”

Rieverre wrote:They've probably trained to fight together, which is going to make my previous approach of using opponents as convenient cover less effective. So rather than sticking to doing just that, I'll try to get their effective numbers down the old-fashioned way. I'll wait for them to charge and bolt off to the side, so they have to waste momentum on readjusting, then countercharge the closest one and try to unhorse him during the pass. Repeat as necessary, and take care to not get my movement options locked down by the others while I'm doing it.

Astoundingly it worked, during the first pass you manage to surprise and flatten one of their companions. However once you make to take out another, they immediately shift positions and now you’re fighting against 3 three of them at the same time.

Roll a d100.

If I can't find any fake little devil horns anywhere.

Heh

Silver Sun 17 wrote:I make a gesture of greeting to the crowd then turn my full attention of the Knight I'm up against.

And the two of you are off like a shot, your horses pound across the tourney earth, their hooves like thunder, your lances lower and CRACK! You nail the man right in the chest and he goes tumbling off his horse. You won your first ride ever like an old professional.

Your next opponent is a house knight from the Riverlands, house Bracken you think.

Roll a d10.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:47 am

Brian Boru wrote:He shrugs at that, a point but he’ll need to speak with Jon on that one.

Good. I don't trust the Spider at all. He's his own creature with his own agenda. We need someone who is our man and shares our agenda.

“Y-yes...let’s”  He croaks.

"Relax. Recognizing your bastards and giving them a proper life isn't being a repeat of Aegon the Unworthy. It's just showing that you're a good man willing to take accountability for the folly of his youth. It's not like you're legitimizing the lot."

He seems to recover and other than having suffered some immensive shock he seems alright.

Alright.

Heh

Harems > Whores Very Happy

In private if Robert ever asks me WTF, I tell him exactly that. Plus by having the children be the legitimate heirs of sonless lords it allows thier lines to continue without the threat of their names being lost.

He can’t deny that.

I grin. Yeah, would be the perfect solution to hot Stormlands weather.

You get a warm grin in response.

Bonding moment!

Just the basics, no letters have been sent yet.

I gather Tyrion and make sure he hears it from people who are sympathetic.

For what its worth, I'm sorry... while I have no love for his daughter to put it mildly, Jamie deserved better. In my view he was a good man who was lead astray by a selfish, banal creature.

The screams of horror, rage, and despair could be heard in every corner of Lannisport.

And I'm sure the same can be said of Robert's laughter when he hears about it...

“And I yours, my Prince.”

Bro Power!

Anyways, what's next?

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:19 am

Brian Boru wrote:Astoundingly it worked, during the first pass you manage to surprise and flatten one of their companions.  However once you make to take out another, they immediately shift positions and now you’re fighting against 3 three of them at the same time.

Roll a d100.

I could try getting fancy here, but they're probably too good at group combat for that to be effective. If at all possible, I intend to try and break out (through one of them if necessary) and continue trying to limit engagement time to one-on-one. Going to be tricky though.

rollan.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:19 am

The member 'Rieverre' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd100' : 30

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun 17 Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:45 pm

Brian Boru wrote:

And the two of you are off like a shot, your horses pound across the tourney earth, their hooves like thunder, your lances lower and CRACK!  You nail the man right in the chest and he goes tumbling off his horse.  You won your first ride ever like an old professional.

Your next opponent is a house knight from the Riverlands, house Bracken you think.

Roll a d10.
Got to stay alert the moment i get cocky I will get unhorsed.

Silver Sun 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 34 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 28 ... 34  Next