Giant Stompy Robots
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus!

+2
Psyckosama
Brian Boru
6 posters

Page 25 of 34 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 29 ... 34  Next

Go down

Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus! - Page 25 Empty Re: Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus!

Post by Psyckosama Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:18 am

Brian Boru wrote:He nods at the first two and chuckles at the third.

I chuckle with him. "I can hold my breath for ten minutes and lick my eyebrow. I'm gifted."

Huh didn't take you for a hot tea guy.

I hate coffee, LOVE tea.

Black Tea, Jasmin Tea, indian style Chai tea, I love them all. Only one I'm not overly fond of is green tea.

Olenna is silent for a while, then she said, "Well, you have a bit of a temper on you and you seem to leap into things that are far beyond what you should be able to handle.  But, it seems to have the talent and luck to go with it.  You have potential lad, so long as you can live to see it."

"Thank you, m'lady. From you more than anyone, that means a great deal."

Frown but a nod.

Right.

There's silence, then a few minutes later a pretty healthy and big for her age 12 year old with thick black hair and blue eyes is presented.  She's scared like a rabbit in a trap but she swallows and manages to say that she's ready for whatever you want milord.

I grimace at that.

When Robert hears that....he freezes and stares, his face turning pale, then a sickly grey.  His pupils contract to pinpoints as he stares at this little girl that looks so much like you and Mya and what she just said.

The girl notices this and she looks even more terrified if anything.

I walk over to her and kneel in front of her so we're at eye level.  

"What is your name?"

If she tells me, I smile.

"Named after the Battle of the Bells I take it?"

If she confirms I simply smile. It's warm and very affectionate. "I hear told you're a king's daughter."

If she confirms...

"Bella, my he isn't angry or disgusted at you. He's horrified at the idea of a king's daughter working as a prostitute. As am I. But from the look of you we made it in time. I see still see innocence in your eyes. But that doesn't matter either way, because regardless, what matters here is you. But I digress. You've introduced yourself, but we haven't so allow me to beg your pardon and allow us to do so."

I look at Robert. Does he want to handle this? If not, I will and go with the following.

I gently place on hand on her shoulder to steady her, and then use the other to lift her chin so she'll look me in the eyes.

"My name is Eddard and this is Robert. Robert Baratheon... First of his Name. King of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men. Lord of the Seven Kingdoms of Westeross. Protector of the Realm. My father. Your father. And we've come to bring you home, little sister."

At this point the look on my face is radiant with affection and unconditional love.

If she'll allow it she's getting a hug.

Psyckosama
Admin

https://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus! - Page 25 Empty Re: Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus!

Post by Brian Boru Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:35 am

Psyckosama wrote:I chuckle with him. "I can hold my breath for ten minutes and lick my eyebrow. I'm gifted."

Snerk

I hate coffee, LOVE tea.

Heh me too.

Black Tea, Jasmin Tea, indian style Chai tea, I love them all. Only one I'm not overly fond of is green tea.

Southern sweet tea for me.

"Thank you, m'lady. From you more than anyone, that means a great deal."

Dismissive snort but it's for show.

I grimace at that.

Welcome to a medieval low class whore house.

I walk over to her and kneel in front of her so we're at eye level.  

"What is your name?"

"B...bella milord."

If she tells me, I smile.

"Named after the Battle of the Bells I take it?"

A silent nod.

If she confirms I simply smile. It's warm and very affectionate. "I hear told you're a king's daughter."

If she confirms...

"Thats what my mother said."

"Bella, my he isn't angry or disgusted at you. He's horrified at the idea of a king's daughter working as a prostitute. As am I. But from the look of you we made it in time. I see still see innocence in your eyes. But that doesn't matter either way, because regardless, what matters here is you. But I digress. You've introduced yourself, but we haven't so allow me to beg your pardon and allow us to do so."

I look at Robert. Does he want to handle this? If not, I will and go with the following.

Still frozen and turning grey.

I gently place on hand on her shoulder to steady her, and then use the other to lift her chin so she'll look me in the eyes.

Huge and shining with unshed tears.

"My name is Eddard and this is Robert. Robert Baratheon... First of his Name. King of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men. Lord of the Seven Kingdoms of Westeross. Protector of the Realm. My father. Your father. And we've come to bring you home, little sister."

At this point the look on my face is radiant with affection and unconditional love.

If she'll allow it she's getting a hug.

She seems utterly overwhelmed but she allows the hug, clinging onto you like you're the only anchor in the world.

The moment you let go, Robert suddenly snaps back to life and with a half-roar, half-choke, he snatches the girl up and gives her the biggest bear hug, actually sobbing a bit, you think he imagined Mya in something like this.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:52 am

Brian Boru wrote:
Southern sweet tea for me.

Personally can't stand it. I hate lemon in tea and all too often they use extremely cheap tea leaves. I cannot STAND Lipton tea.

Dismissive snort but it's for show.

"I'm serious. I value your wisdom greatly. If I thought I could get away with it, I'd steal you away from Highgarden and ask you to become an adviser. I place no stock in the idea that sex makes one in some way more frail and less competent. It's a bias that disgusts me and honestly, my father could have used someone like you on the Small Council."

Welcome to a medieval low class whore house.

I'm going to have to speak to Robert about Age of Consent laws. :p

Still frozen and turning grey.

Heh.

Huge and shining with unshed tears.

My heart aches.

She seems utterly overwhelmed but she allows the hug, clinging onto you like you're the only anchor in the world.

I kiss her forehead and pet her hair and speak to her in the soothing manner that only an elder family member can. I will admit I do shed some tears.

The moment you let go, Robert suddenly snaps back to life and with a half-roar, half-choke, he snatches the girl up and gives her the biggest bear hug, actually sobbing a bit, you think he imagined Mya in something like this.

I let them have their moment. "Is your mother here, Bella?"

If so I ask that she be brought in.

Honestly I suggest to Robert very quietly and off to the side... that they both be taken to King's Landing. Don't take her away from her mother. Put the mother up in a nice apartment where she'll be kept comfortable... the same if she has any other siblings. Minimize the trauma. Maybe visit her on occasion if she still has her looks... after all, she's already borne you one healthy sprog. If he needs to sate his tastes best do it with his own stable of kept women.

I also had an idea he might like. Let them chose for love, but maybe gently nudge her in Jon Snow's direction? Wink

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:47 am

Brian Boru wrote:She huffs adorably.

"... well, that settles it, I must obtain my own cute maid whom I can tease whenever the mood strikes me."

"I just said that out-loud, didn't I?"

Mostly it was because he finally got the son he wanted, even if he was a bastard, and when he saw what happened out there, he basically panicced.  He wants you close and this is also a means of gifting you for your incredible fight out there and to apologize for what he'd done for the past decade and a half.  Besides, this isn't unheard of for powerful lords to do and he IS the King.

There is that, I suppose. Going the way I am, I might end up the poster boy for recognized bastards across the Kingdoms.

... well, it's not as thought I didn't already need to sleep with one eye open and a dagger under my pillow.

The rest of the day is spent with your sister while the two of you reminisce about when you were younger.  You're aches also begin to fade a bit as the day goes on and you feel you might be able to get up either tomorrow or the next day.

... let's try to keep it to stories that don't involve prime blackmail material on Myranda Royce, though. Her and Mya are best friends after all, and the walls here have ears. And eyes. And occasionally pen and paper to put things seen or heard to storage.

You eventually get tired and sleep through the night.

The next morning Robert bursts in like a hurricane to see how his son is doing.  A few members of the small council trailing behind.

"Good morning, your Majesty. I'd stand and offer proper greetings but I seem to have developed an alarming growth overnight," I chuckle at where Mya is using my legs as a pair of very lumpy pillows. We'd fallen asleep talking last night. "Also, I'm not sure that wouldn't end up in my sprawling all over the floor."
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:28 pm

Psyckosama wrote:Personally can't stand it. I hate lemon in tea and all too often they use extremely cheap tea leaves. I cannot STAND Lipton tea.

Heh, to each their own.

"I'm serious. I value your wisdom greatly. If I thought I could get away with it, I'd steal you away from Highgarden and ask you to become an adviser. I place no stock in the idea that sex makes one in some way more frail and less competent. It's a bias that disgusts me and honestly, my father could have used someone like you on the Small Council."

She’s a bit impressed that you’d listen to her. All the world’s problems wouldn’t happen if men listen to their mothers as she tells her son.

I'm going to have to speak to Robert about Age of Consent laws. :p

Enforce that how?

My heart aches.

Such is the world you live in.

I kiss her forehead and pet her hair and speak to her in the soothing manner that only an elder family member can. I will admit I do shed some tears.

Sweet moment.

I let them have their moment. "Is your mother here, Bella?"

If so I ask that she be brought in.

Honestly I suggest to Robert very quietly and off to the side... that they both be taken to King's Landing. Don't take her away from her mother. Put the mother up in a nice apartment where she'll be kept comfortable... the same if she has any other siblings. Minimize the trauma. Maybe visit her on occasion if she still has her looks... after all, she's already borne you one healthy sprog. If he needs to sate his tastes best do it with his own stable of kept women.

I also had an idea he might like. Let them chose for love, but maybe gently nudge her in Jon Snow's direction? Wink

Well she is here, unfortunately…..you’re brought to a back room, her mother is there. LATE stage of Syphilis…. look it up, i’m not giving a picture….BRRRR!.
Robert looks like he was punched in the gut.

Rieverre wrote:"... well, that settles it, I must obtain my own cute maid whom I can tease whenever the mood strikes me."

"I just said that out-loud, didn't I?"

Mya gives you that look when you do something absurdly stupid.

There is that, I suppose. Going the way I am, I might end up the poster boy for recognized bastards across the Kingdoms.

... well, it's not as thought I didn't already need to sleep with one eye open and a dagger under my pillow.

Heh. Though a decent Bastard might at least remove the stigma from the young people themselves.

... let's try to keep it to stories that don't involve prime blackmail material on Myranda Royce, though. Her and Mya are best friends after all, and the walls here have ears. And eyes. And occasionally pen and paper to put things seen or heard to storage.

Blink and nod.

"Good morning, your Majesty. I'd stand and offer proper greetings but I seem to have developed an alarming growth overnight," I chuckle at where Mya is using my legs as a pair of very lumpy pillows. We'd fallen asleep talking last night. "Also, I'm not sure that wouldn't end up in my sprawling all over the floor."

He laughs at that. Which wakes Mya up, who hastily jumps up and curtseys to the king. Robert waves her off then turns to you. He asks if you’re feeling alright and if you can stand, there’s something he wants to talk to you about.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:50 pm

Brian Boru wrote:
Heh, to each their own.

That said, I like GOOD sweet tea. Just haven't had much of it.

She’s a bit impressed that you’d listen to her.  All the world’s problems wouldn’t happen if men listen to their mothers as she tells her son.

"I wouldn't say all, just quite the many," friendly smile. "Honestly I think Dorne is the only one of the seven kingdoms with a lick of sense when it comes to the treatment of women."

Enforce that how?

Fines (payable to the crown), hard labor (performed in service to the crown), and sharp pointy objects.

Such is the world you live in.

I know.

Sweet moment.

Heh.

Well she is here, unfortunately…..you’re brought to a back room, her mother is there.  LATE stage of Syphilis….  look it up, i’m not giving a picture….BRRRR!.

Yikes.

Robert looks like he was punched in the gut.

So do I.

And this is why I'm not a big fan of prostitution.

If she can be talked to... I suggest that Robert be the one to tell her what's being done with her daughter then send someone to make her remaining time comfortable.

It's literally all that can be done with her.

Besides that, we're going to have to figure out what is done with Bella. Is she sent to King's Landing? I'm sure Mya would look out for her new kid sister and between Mya, Myranda, and Dacey she'd learn how to be a good, strong, and proper enough woman quickly. Or she can get to know us first and join us in our travels.

It's his call, his daughter, his responsibility...

Though later on in private I strongly suggest he dredge his memory to recall every whore, serving girl, and chambermaid he's ever rammed his cock into and then send someone to check up.

Aegon the Unworthy fucked up by universally legitimizing them all and throwing the lines of succession into chaos. Recognizing them and giving them a proper and respectable life on the other-hand is simply doing as a father should.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:19 am

Brian Boru wrote:Mya gives you that look when you do something absurdly stupid.

Hey, I just took on the Mountain in single combat. I'm entitled.

Heh.  Though a decent Bastard might at least remove the stigma from the young people themselves.

So ... no pressure?

He laughs at that.  Which wakes Mya up, who hastily jumps up and curtseys to the king.  Robert waves her off then turns to you.  He asks if you’re feeling alright and if you can stand, there’s something he wants to talk to you about.

"I'm feeling well enough, all things considered, and I suppose I can make the attempt to stand."

I do so, keeping a hand on a bedpost at all times so I'm not too badly off if my legs end up being less than steady and feel like they're going to get away from me.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:42 am

Psyckosama wrote:That said, I like GOOD sweet tea. Just haven't had much of it.

To be fair I've come across some FOUL sweet tea before. But I think I have a lower standard than you.

"I wouldn't say all, just quite the many," friendly smile. "Honestly I think Dorne is the only one of the seven kingdoms with a lick of sense when it comes to the treatment of women."

Her snort at 'Dorne' shows she's a Reach woman through and through.

Fines (payable to the crown), hard labor (performed in service to the crown), and sharp pointy objects.

And how to track them down?

So do I.

And this is why I'm not a big fan of prostitution.

If she can be talked to... I suggest that Robert be the one to tell her what's being done with her daughter then send someone to make her remaining time comfortable.

She's JUST lucid enough to recognize Robert and understand what is happening for her Bella, she tears up abit and she mouths the word thank-you.

It's literally all that can be done with her.

Over dose of the milf of the poppy?

Besides that, we're going to have to figure out what is done with Bella. Is she sent to King's Landing? I'm sure Mya would look out for her new kid sister and between Mya, Myranda, and Dacey she'd learn how to be a good, strong, and proper enough woman quickly. Or she can get to know us first and join us in our travels.

It's his call, his daughter, his responsibility...

When you ask her, she insists on coming with you, when you mention that you're next Visit is High Garden....that clinches it.

Though later on in private I strongly suggest he dredge his memory to recall every whore, serving girl, and chambermaid he's ever rammed his cock into and then send someone to check up.

Aegon the Unworthy fucked up by universally legitimizing them all and throwing the lines of succession into chaos. Recognizing them and giving them a proper and respectable life on the other-hand is simply doing as a father should.

He nods and says he will do it and send a message to Jon to get something together for them.

Rieverre wrote:Hey, I just took on the Mountain in single combat. I'm entitled.

She huffs, shakes her head, and lets it go.

So ... no pressure?

Heh.

"I'm feeling well enough, all things considered, and I suppose I can make the attempt to stand."

I do so, keeping a hand on a bedpost at all times so I'm not too badly off if my legs end up being less than steady and feel like they're going to get away from me.

He clears his throat and says that he plans on giving you a holdfast as a landed knight, about 2 days ride from King's Landing. He doesn't want to force you to accept it. But he hopes you do so that you can stay close AND have something to fall back on in case of emergency.

Do you accept the offer?
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:54 am

Brian Boru wrote:To be fair I've come across some FOUL sweet tea before.  But I think I have a lower standard than you.

I did develop my taste for tea after drinking with a teacher who sent to fucking Oxford. He was very picky about tea.

Her snort at 'Dorne' shows she's a Reach woman through and through.

"You have to admit, like 'em or leave 'em, they've got a point."

And how to track them down?

"Long term planning" I wink.

She's JUST lucid enough to recognize Robert and understand what is happening for her Bella, she tears up abit and she mouths the word thank-you.

Good.

From here, I'd probably just suggest keeping her flying high as a kite on Milk of Poppy and let nature take its course. This kind of life isn't a life. It would be a kindness. I don't say that in front of Bella.

Over dose of the milf of the poppy?

Pretty much. And there's nothing milf left here.

Basically a slow overdose.

When you ask her, she insists on coming with you, when you mention that you're next Visit is High Garden....that clinches it.

Heh, this is going to be awkward. Well then, Lady Bella Rivers, welcome to the family.

We get to know of each other. I tell her about my adventures and encourage Robert to bond and do the same. I'm sure once he gets started, he's a gushing dam.

Anyways, what's her Highgarden experience. I'm sure we have someone teaching her to be a proper lady. Once we hit the reach I'm sure we find someone who will be able to teach her how to behave, at least superficially.

Though I'm sure she'll always be a little raw and "Bold" by nature... after all, she was raised in a goddamned whorehouse.

And honestly, I probably appreciate her charm more than most. Though not her 'charms'. I'm not a goddamned Targaryan.

He nods and says he will do it and send a message to Jon to get something together for them.

Good.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:41 am

Brian Boru wrote:She huffs, shakes her head, and lets it go.

I grin. Ah, yes, maids. Something no household should be without. ^^

He clears his throat and says that he plans on giving you a holdfast as a landed knight, about 2 days ride from King's Landing.  He doesn't want to force you to accept it.  But he hopes you do so that you can stay close AND have something to fall back on in case of emergency.

Do you accept the offer?

It would be rude to refuse at this point, and this is rather convenient. I was looking at properties within the city, after all, and while this isn't quite 'within' it does make a number of considerations as to size and such moot.

Besides, it's not as though Mya and myself didn't want to get to know our father better. So yes, I accept.

"Incidentally," I ask after a moment, eyes narrowing and a small smirk finding its way onto my face. "How much ... ah ... 'housecleaning' am I likely to have to do when I get there?"

After all, it's a holdfast near King's Landing. Bit of a choice piece of realestate. But besides that, I now likely have the kind of reputation that would make giving me a perfectly-in-order house a bit of a waste. Truth be told, I'm almost looking forward to the challenge.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:34 am

Psyckosama wrote:I did develop my taste for tea after drinking with a teacher who sent to fucking Oxford. He was very picky about tea.

Oxford....yeah....that'd do it alright....Tea'd likely be a National Religion for men like him.

"You have to admit, like 'em or leave 'em, they've got a point."

Grudging agreement.

"Long term planning" I wink.

"I don't like that wink, when you wink shenanigans happen."

Good.

From here, I'd probably just suggest keeping her flying high as a kite on Milk of Poppy and let nature take its course. This kind of life isn't a life. It would be a kindness. I don't say that in front of Bella.

A quite word and an exchange of coin and half an hour later there's a dose of Milk of the Poppy strong enough to kill an elephant. She drinks it down and she just drifts away with a slight smile of relief and her face relaxes, as if the chains and scars of life had disappeared at that instant. When Bella hears what is to happen to her mother, she breaks down crying herself raw. Robert picks her up and hugs her close, a bit roughly but lovingly and just stands there. A tuneless hum under his throat and you swear, at the bottom of your deepest memories, you've heard that hum before.

Pretty much. And there's nothing milf left here.

Basically a slow overdose.

Ah.

Heh, this is going to be awkward. Well then, Lady Bella Rivers, welcome to the family.

Heh

We get to know of each other. I tell her about my adventures and encourage Robert to bond and do the same. I'm sure once he gets started, he's a gushing dam.

Yup stories you've heard a million times from a thousand people. But he tells so well and with such enthusiasm that you're brought right back to when you were six and hearing the exploits of your father for the first time, before it all soured with learning that he was never coming for you, your sister or your mother.

Anyways, what's her Highgarden experience. I'm sure we have someone teaching her to be a proper lady. Once we hit the reach I'm sure we find someone who will be able to teach her how to behave, at least superficially.

Fairy garden of dreams and chivalry....what do you expect? Though she finds a few things silly to do she does so without complaint or repeated mistake, she wants to participate in this dream and if this is what is done in this fairy realm them she'll damn well do it to the best she can.

Though I'm sure she'll always be a little raw and "Bold" by nature... after all, she was raised in a goddamned whorehouse.

And honestly, I probably appreciate her charm more than most. Though not her 'charms'. I'm not a goddamned Targaryan.

That gets laughs if you ever tell that one.

Good.

Alright.

Rieverre wrote:I grin. Ah, yes, maids. Something no household should be without. ^^

Snerk. A bit of a chip off the old block aren't you?

It would be rude to refuse at this point, and this is rather convenient. I was looking at properties within the city, after all, and while this isn't quite 'within' it does make a number of considerations as to size and such moot.

Heh, well you could still live in the city, plenty of lords stay here instead of on their holdings, but that can be a bit pricey.

Besides, it's not as though Mya and myself didn't want to get to know our father better. So yes, I accept.

Excellent, he'll save the formalities for later but as of now you're the holder of a fine Manor and the farmland that supports it.

"Incidentally," I ask after a moment, eyes narrowing and a small smirk finding its way onto my face. "How much ... ah ... 'housecleaning' am I likely to have to do when I get there?"

Not much, it's had belonged to a supporter of the Baratheons during his Rebellion, but the last scion had been killed in the attack on Pyke during the Greyjoy rebellion and had reverted back to him. He'd just taken the revenues from it but had a steward take care of the place. A local man with some education. While not in disrepair it might need some work. Stewards aren't exactly imaginative people as a rule of thumb.

After all, it's a holdfast near King's Landing. Bit of a choice piece of realestate. But besides that, I now likely have the kind of reputation that would make giving me a perfectly-in-order house a bit of a waste. Truth be told, I'm almost looking forward to the challenge.

Kool, give it another couple of days and you'll be ready to ride out to it. Unless there is anything else you wish to do in the city before you go?
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:00 am

Brian Boru wrote:Oxford....yeah....that'd do it alright....Tea'd likely be a National Religion for men like him.

Yep.

Grudging agreement.

"Even the people you hate can have good ideas. I place great personal stock in retaining objectivity. Passions are useful, they drive us, but they also blind us. Or at least that's my belief"

"I don't like that wink, when you wink shenanigans happen."

"You just outlined a critical problem. Right now law enforcement lies entirely in the hands of local lords. This allows them to abuse the Smallfolk at will, disobey the king's commandments at their leisure, and possibly even cook the books and cheat on their taxes. None of this is acceptable..."

"When we got back to King's Landing I was intending to present an set of suggestions to you and the Hand. First, a national census. Find out how many people there are in each landhold, and how much taxable livestock and farmland there is to streamline taxation."

I smile. "Second, form an order of Magistrate-Knights whose duty it is to travel the lands and see that the laws are being properly enforced and if necessary, enforce the law themselves."

A quite word and an exchange of coin and half an hour later there's a dose of Milk of the Poppy strong enough to kill an elephant.  She drinks it down and she just drifts away with a slight smile of relief and her face relaxes, as if the chains and scars of life had disappeared at that instant.  When Bella hears what is to happen to her mother, she breaks down crying herself raw.  Robert picks her up and hugs her close, a bit roughly but lovingly and just stands there. A tuneless hum under his throat and you swear, at the bottom of your deepest memories, you've heard that hum before.

Um. I was thinking Hospice Caremyself. Basically keep her drugged to the point she's unable to feel pain and stop feeding her. Just keep her drugged and let her pass away naturally.

Yup stories you've heard a million times from a thousand people.  But he tells so well and with such enthusiasm that you're brought right back to when you were six and hearing the exploits of your father for the first time, before it all soured with learning that he was never coming for you, your sister or your mother.

Small smile.

Fairy garden of dreams and chivalry....what do you expect?  Though she finds a few things silly to do she does so without complaint or repeated mistake, she wants to participate in this dream and if this is what is done in this fairy realm them she'll damn well do it to the best she can.

"Don't loose your spunk though. You are your parents child. While she was not highborn, and her end was tragic, you are your mother's child as well as our fathers. Draw your strength from her legacy, from the good woman I know that she was, as well."

One thing, I will never openly use the word Whore to describe her mother. I will not allow slurs. Prostitute is factual, whore is a slur. I strongly suggest people watch their choice in language.

That gets laughs if you ever tell that one.

Sure thing... and I probably need to say it because I'm a VERY protective brother.

So how is she accepted in Highgarden?

It's probably rather clear I love the girl. She is kin, and being a bastard myself I do not begrudge her it.

Though if there are any mentions of "Aegon the Unwrothy" I point out I am the one who insisted we investigate and recognition is not legitimization.

Recognizing them and ensuring they have a good future is behavior worthy of a father.

Legitimizing them would be a mistake, and as a king he is refraining for the sake of the kingdom.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:54 am

Brian Boru wrote:Snerk.  A bit of a chip off the old block aren't you?

Well, if the shoe fits ... at least I come by it honestly. I'll probably need to get a line on a moon tea supplier eventually.

Heh, well you could still live in the city, plenty of lords stay here instead of on their holdings, but that can be a bit pricey.

I figure it depends on how things develop and I'll probably end up needing a residence if I'm to take the position with the Gold Cloaks seriously. Two days is a bit of a commute.

Excellent, he'll save the formalities for later but as of now you're the holder of a fine Manor and the farmland that supports it.

Well, I do also let him know that I intend to head back to the Vale for a few days' worth of visit. For one thing, even as briefly as I was a squire there, they were decent enough to me and Mya to make me want to inform them of my circumstances personally rather than by raven. I may or may not do a bit of gloating on the side, but we'll see how that develops. Also, if I'm to have a household staff, it ought to have someone who can brew remedies and deal with the inevitable injuries and I have a far idea as to whom to ask. Something best done personally as well.

... aaand this is where I have to poke a finger at Mya's side with a 'quiet you' because she's probably snickering.

Not much, it's had belonged to a supporter of the Baratheons during his Rebellion, but the last scion had been killed in the attack on Pyke during the Greyjoy rebellion and had reverted back to him.  He'd just taken the revenues from it but had a steward take care of the place.  A local man with some education.  While not in disrepair it might need some work.  Stewards aren't exactly imaginative people as a rule of thumb.

I wonder if I could convince Ser Martyn to stay on. Having someone I can trust steward the land while I'm cleaning up the Gold Cloaks in King's Landing would be a load off my mind, and it puts him in a comfortable position to seek further, potentially more rewarding employment. I'll put the idea to him when I next see him.

Kool, give it another couple of days and you'll be ready to ride out to it.  Unless there is anything else you wish to do in the city before you go?

I did promise to take Mya into the city and buy her that dress. I also wanted to go check out the glassblowers and potentially pick up a high quality case of apothecary kit as a gift for Anna. And possibly some nice silver bracelets for Hennah.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:27 pm

Psyckosama wrote:"Even the people you hate can have good ideas. I place great personal stock in retaining objectivity. Passions are useful, they drive us, but they also blind us. Or at least that's my belief"

She smiles, clever boy. Much more clever than the iron brains that she's mostly dealt with.

"You just outlined a critical problem. Right now law enforcement lies entirely in the hands of local lords. This allows them to abuse the Smallfolk at will, disobey the king's commandments at their leisure, and possibly even cook the books and cheat on their taxes. None of this is acceptable..."

Maybe so but how to stop that?

"When we got back to King's Landing I was intending to present an set of suggestions to you and the Hand. First, a national census. Find out how many people there are in each landhold, and how much taxable livestock and farmland there is to streamline taxation."

Expensive but not without precedence.

I smile. "Second, form an order of Magistrate-Knights whose duty it is to travel the lands and see that the laws are being properly enforced and if necessary, enforce the law themselves."

And how will they do that? What's to stop a lord from either killing them or simply bar them?

Um. I was thinking Hospice Caremyself. Basically keep her drugged to the point she's unable to feel pain and stop feeding her. Just keep her drugged and let her pass away naturally.

Ah....well the rest still stands the weeping, hugging and humming.

Small smile.

Heh

"Don't loose your spunk though. You are your parents child. While she was not highborn, and her end was tragic, you are your mother's child as well as our fathers. Draw your strength from her legacy, from the good woman I know that she was, as well."

She nods but you're not sure how much that sunk in.

One thing, I will never openly use the word Whore to describe her mother. I will not allow slurs. Prostitute is factual, whore is a slur. I strongly suggest people watch their choice in language.

Hard habit to crack there but people do notice that.

Sure thing... and I probably need to say it because I'm a VERY protective brother.

So how is she accepted in Highgarden?

Sweet but fiery kid. Might become a merchant or landed knight's wife one day if she can learn how to act it.

It's probably rather clear I love the girl. She is kin, and being a bastard myself I do not begrudge her it.

They notice again, some think you soft, others extra gallant.

Though if there are any mentions of "Aegon the Unwrothy" I point out I am the one who insisted we investigate and recognition is not legitimization.

Recognizing them and ensuring they have a good future is behavior worthy of a father.

Legitimizing them would be a mistake, and as a king he is refraining for the sake of the kingdom.

They seem to get that. And they don't seem to hold any venom to the girl.

Rieverre wrote:Well, if the shoe fits ... at least I come by it honestly. I'll probably need to get a line on a moon tea supplier eventually.

Heh

I figure it depends on how things develop and I'll probably end up needing a residence if I'm to take the position with the Gold Cloaks seriously. Two days is a bit of a commute.

Well they do have housing for the gold cloaks. This is just extra income.

Well, I do also let him know that I intend to head back to the Vale for a few days' worth of visit. For one thing, even as briefly as I was a squire there, they were decent enough to me and Mya to make me want to inform them of my circumstances personally rather than by raven. I may or may not do a bit of gloating on the side, but we'll see how that develops. Also, if I'm to have a household staff, it ought to have someone who can brew remedies and deal with the inevitable injuries and I have a far idea as to whom to ask. Something best done personally as well.

Alright. He'll see you when you return.

... aaand this is where I have to poke a finger at Mya's side with a 'quiet you' because she's probably snickering.

Yup.

I wonder if I could convince Ser Martyn to stay on. Having someone I can trust steward the land while I'm cleaning up the Gold Cloaks in King's Landing would be a load off my mind, and it puts him in a comfortable position to seek further, potentially more rewarding employment. I'll put the idea to him when I next see him.

You'd have to ask him. Because he's got a pretty good place as a sworn sword to the gate of the moon in the vale. But give him a good enough argument and he might consider it.

I did promise to take Mya into the city and buy her that dress. I also wanted to go check out the glassblowers and potentially pick up a high quality case of apothecary kit as a gift for Anna. And possibly some nice silver bracelets for Hennah.

Alright then, roll a d100 for how the trip goes.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:45 pm

Brian Boru wrote:She smiles, clever boy.  Much more clever than the iron brains that she's mostly dealt with.

"Thank you, m'lady. Again, from you that means a great deal."

Maybe so but how to stop that?

Laws for one. Maybe even a high law outlining what are considered the privileges of the nobility and the natural rights of mankind.

Expensive but not without precedence.

You have to spend money to make money... and to be honest, we could probably pay for it by making the punishment for resisting the census be having your lands and properties seized by the crown. Or some other punishment. The Smallfolk already fear the taxman. It is time for the highborn to understand their plight... and ours is the fury is it not?

Properly plated with propaganda we could demonize them even in the eyes of their own kindred.

And how will they do that?  What's to stop a lord from either killing them or simply bar them?

"There is a word for that... Treason against the Crown. Father, please remind me... what is the punishment for Treason?"

Ah....well the rest still stands the weeping, hugging and humming.

Righto. I let them have this father/daughter moment.

She nods but you're not sure how much that sunk in.

"Seriously. If you become a soft, fluffy headed lady I'll cry inside. Remember, ours is the Fury... and fury isn't just anger. It's heat, its passion, it's fierceness. Remember that."

Hard habit to crack there but people do notice that.

Righto.

I hope robert understands.

Sweet but fiery kid.  Might become a merchant or landed knight's wife one day if she can learn how to act it.

Bastard yes, but remember, she's a King's daughter... not just some petty lord's.

Even if not legitimate, she's still a direct line of communication to the throne.

I'd think most thinking lords rather have a bastard bride who could send a Raven directly to the King that is addressed 'Dear Daddy' than a Lannister bride clad in a dress of spun gold.

Just saying.

They notice again, some think you soft, others extra gallant.

Probably both. Though anyone caught calling me soft gets challenged to a sparing match.

As for the others, I downplay it and say that doing what is right is not gallantry. It is what should be expected.

They seem to get that.  And they don't seem to hold any venom to the girl.

Great? Anything else happen or down to Dorne?

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:24 pm

Psyckosama wrote:"Thank you, m'lady. Again, from you that means a great deal."

A snort but you think she appreciated it.

Laws for one. Maybe even a high law outlining what are considered the privileges of the nobility and the natural rights of mankind.

Kinda jumping the gun there...

You have to spend money to make money... and to be honest, we could probably pay for it by making the punishment for resisting the census be having your lands and properties seized by the crown. Or some other punishment. The Smallfolk already fear the taxman. It is time for the highborn to understand their plight... and ours is the fury is it not?

All depends on how you can enforce such edicts.

Properly plated with propaganda we could demonize them even in the eyes of their own kindred.

Self policing, not a bad idea.

"There is a word for that... Treason against the Crown. Father, please remind me... what is the punishment for Treason?"

Death or the Wall, nasty grin.

Righto. I let them have this father/daughter moment.

It's a Kodak moment.

"Seriously. If you become a soft, fluffy headed lady I'll cry inside. Remember, ours is the Fury... and fury isn't just anger. It's heat, its passion, it's fierceness. Remember that."

She seems to understand.

Righto.

I hope robert understands.

You'll see.

Bastard yes, but remember, she's a King's daughter... not just some petty lord's.

Even if not legitimate, she's still a direct line of communication to the throne.

I'd think most thinking lords rather have a bastard bride who could send a Raven directly to the King that is addressed 'Dear Daddy' than a Lannister bride clad in a dress of spun gold.

Just saying.

Point, but...blackfyre....

Probably both. Though anyone caught calling me soft gets challenged to a sparing match.

As for the others, I downplay it and say that doing what is right is not gallantry. It is what should be expected.

Isn't doing right being gallant in the first place?

Great? Anything else happen or down to Dorne?

Not really though Margaery does give you her personal handkerchief as a favor from her. She's too adorable to say no to....and you notice Olenna in the background.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:12 pm

Brian Boru wrote:A snort but you think she appreciated it.

"I'm no simpering knight trying to win your favor with flowery appreciation of an old woman's faded beauty. I understand you are wise, canny, and extremely intelligent and as such find your approval greater than the lust driven appreciation of a thousand buxom, peach bottomed maidens. You know what you're talking about and as such I find your approval to be a sign that I am at least in some way on the right track."

Kinda jumping the gun there...

It was mentioned in passing and it goes with my clearly stated stance that a vague disclaimer is noone's friend. It wasn't mentioned ideologically, more along the lines of something to clearly define things to pervent me having to cave more skulls with a borrowed warhammer.

All depends on how you can enforce such edicts.

Well, we could always empower Balon to be the royal Repoman. :p

But seriously, fucking with the royal census is treasonous.

Self policing, not a bad idea.

Less self-policing and more when 9 lords obey and one cheats, he's effectively stealing form the other 9 through his dishonesty.

Death or the Wall, nasty grin.

"Exactly. After the first couple hold outs find themselves shaking ice sickles off of their frostbitten manhoods I'm sure the rest will fall in line."

It's a Kodak moment.

Manly tears are shed.

She seems to understand.

Wonderful

Point, but...blackfyre....

...hardly is applicable.

Would you like an itemized list of the legitimately born madman and monsters?

Isn't doing right being gallant in the first place?

No. Simply choosing to do what is right over what is what is expected of us. Being gallant is going above and beyond the expected. It is a mark of the exceptional, and the idea that the knighthood has become so debased that simply doing what you swore to do is considered gallant sickens me as it should you.

A proper knight who obeys his oaths will, when faced with evil, will stand against it. A gallant knight will seek out evil to stand against.

A proper knight treats a high born lady with the respect and dignity due her station. A gallant knight treats a whore with respect and dignity due a high born lady.

A proper knight will champion the cause of his lord if he is unfairly accused of a crime. A gallant knight will champion the cause of a beggar if he's unfairly accused of a crime.

A good knight is true to his oaths and lives his life in service to his lord. A gallant knight is true to his lord, but dedicates his life to the cause of righteousness.

Not really though Margaery does give you her personal handkerchief as a favor from her.  She's too adorable to say no to....and you notice Olenna in the background.

Oh, I expect that Olenna will very much try and set us up. And I do take it and even kiss her hand.

And if she ever needs a champion, she knows to whom to send her raven

Now, I'd like to meet the only man ever to defeat my father on the field of battle...

My real objective is to get Samwell out of his control before he ruins the boy's life.

Then off to dorne. I have a moron and a skull to deliver.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:34 pm

Brian Boru wrote:Well they do have housing for the gold cloaks.  This is just extra income.

Yes, but housing is most likely a barracks for the rank and file. Officers are likely expected to have their own, so if I'm eventually to do that it might be wise to shop ahead.

You'd have to ask him.  Because he's got a pretty good place as a sworn sword to the gate of the moon in the vale.  But give him a good enough argument and he might consider it.

I'd like to see what state I'll find the holdfast in before I make any offers, but he's taken chances on me before and most recently those resulted at feasting with the king and a considerable swell in his resources. Granted, the Gates have considerably more prestige than some small holdfast in the Crownlands, but by that same token they have a number of sworn swords in residence already. It's up to him in the end, and at the very least we'll ride back to the Vale together.

Alright then, roll a d100 for how the trip goes.

rollan
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:59 pm

Psyckosama wrote:"I'm no simpering knight trying to win your favor with flowery appreciation of an old woman's faded beauty. I understand you are wise, canny, and extremely intelligent and as such find your approval greater than the lust driven appreciation of a thousand buxom, peach bottomed maidens. You know what you're talking about and as such I find your approval to be a sign that I am at least in some way on the right track."

See previous answer.

It was mentioned in passing and it goes with my clearly stated stance that a vague disclaimer is noone's friend. It wasn't mentioned ideologically, more along the lines of something to clearly define things to pervent me having to cave more skulls with a borrowed warhammer.  

ah.

Well, we could always empower Balon to be the royal Repoman. :p

But seriously, fucking with the royal census is treasonous.

Heh

Less self-policing and more when 9 lords obey and one cheats, he's effectively stealing form the other 9 through his dishonesty.

Ah

"Exactly. After the first couple hold outs find themselves shaking ice sickles off of their frostbitten manhoods I'm sure the rest will fall in line."

That gets a laugh.

Manly tears are shed.

Heh

...hardly is applicable.

Would you like an itemized list of the legitimately born madman and monsters?

True but three bloody rebellions are hard to break.

No. Simply choosing to do what is right over what is what is expected of us. Being gallant is going above and beyond the expected. It is a mark of the exceptional, and the idea that the knighthood has become so debased that simply doing what you swore to do is considered gallant sickens me as it should you.

A proper knight who obeys his oaths will, when faced with evil, will stand against it. A gallant knight will seek out evil to stand against.

A proper knight treats a high born lady with the respect and dignity due her station. A gallant knight treats a whore with respect and dignity due a high born lady.

A proper knight will champion the cause of his lord if he is unfairly accused of a crime. A gallant knight will champion the cause of a beggar if he's unfairly accused of a crime.

A good knight is true to his oaths and lives his life in service to his lord. A gallant knight is true to his lord, but dedicates his life to the cause of righteousness.

Once again, impressed with your convictions and wonder what you're going to become in the years ahead.

Oh, I expect that Olenna will very much try and set us up. And I do take it and even kiss her hand.

And if she ever needs a champion, she knows to whom to send her raven

She flushes and nods.

Now, I'd like to meet the only man ever to defeat my father on the field of battle...

My real objective is to get Samwell out of his control before he ruins the boy's life.

Then off to dorne. I have a moron and a skull to deliver.

Alright then, a few weeks later you find the holding of Randall Tarly, marshal of the Reach, he's a lean, harsh man that looks like he could chew iron and spit nails. He's respectful though slightly taciturn and invites you to his hall.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:16 pm

weird, for some reason dice didn't trigger. Trying again.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:16 pm

The member 'Rieverre' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd100' : 73

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:30 pm

Brian Boru wrote:
See previous answer.

"You know, part of me is tempted to try and make you laugh just to amuse myself."

That gets a laugh.

You'll be laughting. They'll be crying.

True but three bloody rebellions are hard to break.

Bloody rebellions noone here can remember in their own lifetimes.

Once again, impressed with your convictions and wonder what you're going to become in the years ahead.

Thank you.

Now I'd like to see who paid attention.

She flushes and nods.

I leave tall and proud with a smile that makes hearts flutter.

Alright then, a few weeks later you find the holding of Randall Tarly, marshal of the Reach, he's a lean, harsh man that looks like he could chew iron and spit nails.  He's respectful though slightly taciturn and invites you to his hall.

We of course take it. And I'd like to play him in the War Game I've developed and no doubt refined to a finished form by now as well as speak strategy.

I also use this opportunity to meet Samwell.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun 17 Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:57 pm

rolling

ooc: alerts have failed me.

Silver Sun 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:57 pm

The member 'Silver Sun 17' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd10' : 4

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:10 am

Rieverre wrote:Yes, but housing is most likely a barracks for the rank and file. Officers are likely expected to have their own, so if I'm eventually to do that it might be wise to shop ahead.

Ah well if you really do want to look, roll a d100

I'd like to see what state I'll find the holdfast in before I make any offers, but he's taken chances on me before and most recently those resulted at feasting with the king and a considerable swell in his resources. Granted, the Gates have considerably more prestige than some small holdfast in the Crownlands, but by that same token they have a number of sworn swords in residence already. It's up to him in the end, and at the very least we'll ride back to the Vale together.

Alright, he agrees to ride with you to the holding before he makes any final decision.

The ride into the city went alright at first, then it began to POUR DOWN RAIN, THUNDER, LIGHTNING, RAINDROPS AS BIG AS CATS!

Psyckosama wrote:"You know, part of me is tempted to try and make you laugh just to amuse myself."

Except for mocking laughter don't get your hopes up.

You'll be laughting. They'll be crying.

Heh

Bloody rebellions noone here can remember in their own lifetimes.

True but the people who lived through it chanted the mantra so damn times that it's practically genetic.

Thank you.

Now I'd like to see who paid attention.

We'll see.

I leave tall and proud with a smile that makes hearts flutter.

And some INTERESTING dreams.

We of course take it. And I'd like to play him in the War Game I've developed and no doubt refined to a finished form by now as well as speak strategy.

He seems skeptical of it for a while but once he's got a little bit of experience he takes to it like a bear to honey. He doesn't become happy, but excited might be good way to describe it.

I also use this opportunity to meet Samwell.

You do come across the kid, a short, shivering, stuttering sphere.

Randall doesn't seem pleased with the kid.

Silver Sun 17 wrote:4

Your lance strikes much harder than Selmy this time, you knock him clean off his saddle, but you feel your ribs crack from his final hit.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun 17 Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:25 am

Brian Boru wrote:

Your lance strikes much harder than Selmy this time, you knock him clean off his saddle, but you feel your ribs crack from his final hit.
I signal the injury to the relevant individuals so i can get my ribs looked at. Seems like it might be time to bow out of the joust.

Silver Sun 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:25 am

Brian Boru wrote:Ah well if you really do want to look, roll a d100

Nah, not yet. It's kind of lost its immediacy what with the holdfast and everything.

Alright, he agrees to ride with you to the holding before he makes any final decision.

Shiny. Looks like we have a party of five then. Myself, Martyn, Mya and the two knights paying off the ransom on their armor from the tournament. Speaking of armor, damn ... I need to have mine repaired. Or an entirely new helmet fashioned since the last one is likely a total loss. Hmm, the keep likely has its own smith or smiths, right? I'll look into that.

The ride into the city went alright at first, then it began to POUR DOWN RAIN, THUNDER, LIGHTNING, RAINDROPS AS BIG AS CATS!

Find and inn or tavern or something to try and wait it out at. Considering we're heading to the market district from the Red Keep, the neighborhood shouldn't be to horrible.

... though with my luck, the nearest place open is a high class brothel.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:19 pm

Brian Boru wrote:Except for mocking laughter don't get your hopes up.

I shrug. Personally I think good humor is good for you.

True but the people who lived through it chanted the mantra so damn times that it's practically genetic.

Well, I intend to break the stereotype and I happily point out all the trueborn psychopaths... and the fact the idiot was a Targaryan born of incest. Of course he's fucking insane.

Hell, I actually show pride in the fact that may parents were in no ways even remotely related. And use it to give subtle blame for all the problems of the nobility. Too much time spent fucking cousins.

We'll see.

Good.

And some INTERESTING dreams.

The wet kind no doubt.

He seems skeptical of it for a while but once he's got a little bit of experience he takes to it like a bear to honey.  He doesn't become happy, but excited might be good way to describe it.

I comment in passing that I intend to challenge some local artisans with creating lead figurines that could then be painted in colors for a more authentic feel.

You do come across the kid, a short, shivering, stuttering sphere.

Try and get to know him... see how he plays the game.

Randall doesn't seem pleased with the kid.

I ask him not to be so hard on him. He doesn't have a warrior's cast, but in Westeros I as intend to rule it, I will need lords whose talents might not lie in conflict and war.

The nobility produces a glut of hard, loyal men capable of swinging a blade and taking a life on command. But thoughtful men, learned men who are not beholden to the Citadel? They're few and far between...

There is a reason I have Tyrion Lannister as part of my retinue and it is not because of his family name. He has half the average height but ten times the common man's wit. If Samwell has even a fraction of that, he will go very far in my service. If he proves competent enough he might even one day find a place on my small council.

That is not a promises mind you, but a simple statement of fact. I reward competence. If Samwell is good with books and not with a sword, throw him into his books and I will find him a place where he will bring honor to his house.

Now THAT is a promise.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:00 pm

Silver Sun 17 wrote:I signal the injury to the relevant individuals so i can get my ribs looked at. Seems like it might be time to bow out of the joust.

A maester is immediately sent and confirms at least one rib broken, plenty have jousted on worse but no one would think different of you if you pulled out. Do you?

Rieverre wrote:Nah, not yet. It's kind of lost its immediacy what with the holdfast and everything.

Alright then

Shiny. Looks like we have a party of five then. Myself, Martyn, Mya and the two knights paying off the ransom on their armor from the tournament. Speaking of armor, damn ... I need to have mine repaired. Or an entirely new helmet fashioned since the last one is likely a total loss. Hmm, the keep likely has its own smith or smiths, right? I'll look into that.

One of your best places would be the street of steel, Robert promises to foot the bill for anything you purchase.

Find and inn or tavern or something to try and wait it out at. Considering we're heading to the market district from the Red Keep, the neighborhood shouldn't be to horrible.

... though with my luck, the nearest place open is a high class brothel.

As a matter of fact...."Oh it's the king's bastard. My isn't he a handsome one!"

Mya looks....indignant....

Psyckosama wrote:I shrug. Personally I think good humor is good for you.

Heh

Well, I intend to break the stereotype and I happily point out all the trueborn psychopaths... and the fact the idiot was a Targaryan born of incest. Of course he's fucking insane.

Hell, I actually show pride in the fact that may parents were in no ways even remotely related. And use it to give subtle blame for all the problems of the nobility. Too much time spent fucking cousins.

Heh heh, that might actually get a wry chuckle out of her.

The wet kind no doubt.

The laundresses of highgarden work their fingers to the bones for the next several weeks.

I comment in passing that I intend to challenge some local artisans with creating lead figurines that could then be painted in colors for a more authentic feel.

He shrugs his shoulders, prettiness doesn't matter a twit to him.

Try and get to know him... see how he plays the game.

He's a stuttering wreck and when you play the game he fails so hard the table almost spontaneously combusts...when his father is there. The moment he out of a 500 yard radius from the kid, well he's still a stuttering wreck but he SHOCKINGLY good even better than his father, but the moment his father moves in from 501 yards to 500 well this scene comes to mind.

https://youtu.be/jkbHFmTNUOA?t=5m8s

and he doesn't even have to know his father is there. It's an instinctive sonar or something crazy.

I ask him not to be so hard on him. He doesn't have a warrior's cast, but in Westeros I as intend to rule it, I will need lords whose talents might not lie in conflict and war.

The nobility produces a glut of hard, loyal men capable of swinging a blade and taking a life on command. But thoughtful men, learned men who are not beholden to the Citadel? They're few and far between...

There is a reason I have Tyrion Lannister as part of my retinue and it is not because of his family name. He has half the average height but ten times the common man's wit. If Samwell has even a fraction of that, he will go very far in my service. If he proves competent enough he might even one day find a place on my small council.

That is not a promises mind you, but a simple statement of fact. I reward competence. If Samwell is good with books and not with a sword, throw him into his books and I will find him a place where he will bring honor to his house.

Now THAT is a promise.

He's respectful, but you get the feeling his real feelings to your opinions of Sam are the same as what Lord Arryn was thinking when that merchant from gulltown wanted his patronage for a scheme to get into ice production by training whales to haul icebergs from the northern extremes of the Shivering sea and dragging them South.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun 17 Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:07 pm

Brian Boru wrote:
Silver Sun 17 wrote:I signal the injury to the relevant individuals so i can get my ribs looked at. Seems like it might be time to bow out of the joust.

A maester is immediately sent and confirms at least one rib broken, plenty have jousted on worse but no one would think different of you if you pulled out.  Do you?

I pull out from the joust, beating the best knight in the land is sufficient glory for this.

Silver Sun 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 34 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 29 ... 34  Next