Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus!

Page 26 of 34 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 30 ... 34  Next

Go down

Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus! - Page 26 Empty Re: Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus!

Post by Rieverre on Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:16 pm

Brian Boru wrote:One of your best places would be the street of steel, Robert promises to foot the bill for anything you purchase.

Well, in that case, how can I refuse? Though while we talk I do admit to a certain fondness of my current armor. I might just have it redone and adjusted further, with the helmet replaced.

"Oh, I fully intend to take advantage of your generosity, father," I say with a sly smile. And this is probably the first time we're in private enough conference that I call him that and not Your Majesty.

"But I think you understand ... it's my battle-prize. We carry upon our backs the tales of our deeds. Granted, the armor is not one kingdom, nevermind seven," I incline my head. "I take my victories where I can however."

I then blink.

"... do you happen to know the disposition of the Mountain's armor, though? While the melee is not the joust, I believe it will be quite out of sorts nonetheless ..."

I'm going to buy the Mountain's armor, if I can. And then have it undone and reforged to strengthen mine. Because symbolism.

As a matter of fact...."Oh it's the king's bastard.  My isn't he a handsome one!"

Mya looks....indignant....

I look around calmly, my hand gently restraining Mya at her elbow.

"Ladies, please. We're but unfortunate travelers caught out in the rain." My other hand none-too-subtly jingles my money-pouch. "If I could impose upon the generosity of this house and find a quiet corner to wait the deluge out, perhaps with a bit of music and tea or mulled wine, I would be most grateful."

Until and unless they shove the fact that I walked into a brothel into my face, I intend to cheerfully ignore it and be perfectly polite and civil. And no, tits don't count.
Rieverre
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus! - Page 26 Empty Re: Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus!

Post by Psyckosama on Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:26 pm

Brian Boru wrote:Heh heh, that might actually get a wry chuckle out of her.

I mention it in passing then

The laundresses of highgarden work their fingers to the bones for the next several weeks.

lol! 

Bravo old boy. Bravo.  

He shrugs his shoulders, prettiness doesn't matter a twit to him.

Tis a thought.

He's a stuttering wreck and when you play the game he fails so hard the table almost spontaneously combusts...when his father is there.  The moment he out of a 500 yard radius from the kid, well he's still a stuttering wreck but he SHOCKINGLY good even better than his father, but the moment his father moves in from 501 yards to 500 well this scene comes to mind.

https://youtu.be/jkbHFmTNUOA?t=5m8s

and he doesn't even have to know his father is there.  It's an instinctive sonar or something crazy.

I ask Robert and Tyrion to play a game with us. Three games... then I send a messenger to fetch his father and have him walk in.

Then I talk to them in private. The boy has potential, the problem is he's so terrified of his father that his mere presence damns him.

I think Samwell needs to be separated from his father for his own good. I have an idea. My gut tells me he'd go well with Jon and Robb. Maybe you could... 'suggest' that in the name of cooperation between kingdoms, and the hope that if anyone could make a man out of the little fluffball, it'll be Eddard Stark... send him to Winterfell.

I see potential in Samwell and I don't want it wasted but his jackass of a father.

Failing that, he comes with us to King's Landing and I ask Tyrion to take him under his wing. He should understand better than most what its like to have a vicious, hateful prick for an old man.

He's respectful, but you get the feeling his real feelings to your opinions of Sam are the same as what Lord Arryn was thinking when that merchant from gulltown wanted his patronage for a scheme to get into ice production by training whales to haul icebergs from the northern extremes of the Shivering sea and dragging them South.

Then he'll have no problem sending him away I hope.

Psyckosama
Admin

View user profile https://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:58 pm

Silver Sun 17 wrote:I pull out from the joust, beating the best knight in the land is sufficient glory for this.

Alright then, the last rounds of the tournament go by in a slight haze but the words on everyone's lips are about the young bastard that rode against the greatest knight in the seven kingdoms and won. Even if he couldn't finish the day, everyone is wondering what the lad will be when he's had a few years of growing under him.

Tonight is the feast honoring the prince's birthday and the champion of the joust. The next day is the grand melee, you're invited to the former and do you intend to compete in the latter?

Rieverre wrote:Well, in that case, how can I refuse? Though while we talk I do admit to a certain fondness of my current armor. I might just have it redone and adjusted further, with the helmet replaced.

"Oh, I fully intend to take advantage of your generosity, father," I say with a sly smile. And this is probably the first time we're in private enough conference that I call him that and not Your Majesty.

"But I think you understand ... it's my battle-prize. We carry upon our backs the tales of our deeds. Granted, the armor is not one kingdom, nevermind seven," I incline my head. "I take my victories where I can however."

He laughs and understands the situation, he's had his own war souvenirs.

I then blink.

"... do you happen to know the disposition of the Mountain's armor, though? While the melee is not the joust, I believe it will be quite out of sorts nonetheless ..."

I'm going to buy the Mountain's armor, if I can. And then have it undone and reforged to strengthen mine. Because symbolism.

Well you already own it considering you beat him, but you're not supposed to do that to his armor until he has had a chance to ransom back.

I look around calmly, my hand gently restraining Mya at her elbow.

"Ladies, please. We're but unfortunate travelers caught out in the rain." My other hand none-too-subtly jingles my money-pouch. "If I could impose upon the generosity of this house and find a quiet corner to wait the deluge out, perhaps with a bit of music and tea or mulled wine, I would be most grateful."

Until and unless they shove the fact that I walked into a brothel into my face, I intend to cheerfully ignore it and be perfectly polite and civil. And no, tits don't count.

They find it hilarious that you're acting so oblivious to the tits, and the tits ARE everywhere. In response, they begin to get...blatant with the tantalizing around you, posing, stretching, sashaying the works. Mya turning puce and you're not sure WHAT she's about to do.

Psyckosama wrote:I mention it in passing then

Chuckle.

lol! 

Bravo old boy. Bravo.  

HAH!

Tis a thought.

eh.

I ask Robert and Tyrion to play a game with us. Three games... then I send a messenger to fetch his father and have him walk in.

They're both impressed at how good he is and how quick he picks it up. And they almost gape when they see how he disintegrates when his father comes near.

Then I talk to them in private. The boy has potential, the problem is he's so terrified of his father that his mere presence damns him.

I think Samwell needs to be separated from his father for his own good. I have an idea. My gut tells me he'd go well with Jon and Robb. Maybe you could... 'suggest' that in the name of cooperation between kingdoms, and the hope that if anyone could make a man out of the little fluffball, it'll be Eddard Stark... send him to Winterfell.

I see potential in Samwell and I don't want it wasted but his jackass of a father.

Failing that, he comes with us to King's Landing and I ask Tyrion to take him under his wing. He should understand better than most what its like to have a vicious, hateful prick for an old man.

After seeing the kid they both agree that getting him away from Randall would be necessary to say the list. His change was just slightly disturbing, and for Tyrion it hits a bit harder than most. Tyrion says he'd be more than willing to take the kid under his wing. And Robert decides to send a message to Ned to see what could be done.

Then he'll have no problem sending him away I hope.

He's kinda weird in that he considers his son utterly worthless, but he doesn't want anyone else having him.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:05 am

Brian Boru wrote:
They're both impressed at how good he is and how quick he picks it up.  And they almost gape when they see how he disintegrates when his father comes near.

"I know."

After seeing the kid they both agree that getting him away from Randall would be necessary to say the list.  His change was just slightly disturbing, and for Tyrion it hits a bit harder than most.  Tyrion says he'd be more than willing to take the kid under his wing.  And Robert decides to send a message to Ned to see what could be done.

"At this point I think it's best if I allow the two of you to speak of it. My father is after all the king, and Tyrion should have a far better understanding of his plight than most."

He's kinda weird in that he considers his son utterly worthless, but he doesn't want anyone else having him.

Thankfully, with the king present he doesn't really have much of a choice. Smile

I'll let Robert hand this one.

Anyways, to Dorne?

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:35 am

Psyckosama wrote:"I know."

Yeesh.

"At this point I think it's best if I allow the two of you to speak of it. My father is after all the king, and Tyrion should have a far better understanding of his plight than most."

Robert almost roars that he'll do it even if Randall won't hear of it. Tyrion volunteers talking with Samwell.

Thankfully, with the king present he doesn't really have much of a choice. Smile

I'll let Robert hand this one.

It takes one quick conversation and you now have a new companion of the road, poor kid looks so damn lost.

Anyways, to Dorne?

Alright roll 2 d100s.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:15 am

Brian Boru wrote:Yeesh.

You have a gift for understatement.

Robert almost roars that he'll do it even if Randall won't hear of it.  Tyrion volunteers talking with Samwell.

I smile at a job well done.

It takes one quick conversation and you now have a new companion of the road, poor kid looks so damn lost.

I let Tyrion talk to him first and ask him how it went.

Alright roll 2 d100s.

Psyckosama carried out 2 launched of one d100 (Image not informed.) :
32 , 74

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun 17 on Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:24 am

Brian Boru wrote:
Silver Sun 17 wrote:I pull out from the joust, beating the best knight in the land is sufficient glory for this.

Alright then, the last rounds of the tournament go by in a slight haze but the words on everyone's lips are about the young bastard that rode against the greatest knight in the seven kingdoms and won.  Even if he couldn't finish the day, everyone is wondering what the lad will be when he's had a few years of growing under him.

Tonight is the feast honoring the prince's birthday and the champion of the joust.  The next day is the grand melee, you're invited to the former and do you intend to compete in the latter?
Yes to both

Last edited by Silver Sun 17 on Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:45 am; edited 1 time in total

Silver Sun 17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:30 am

Silver, I think you forgot... well... your post

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun 17 on Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:45 am

Fixed now but what the hell. it ate my post.

Silver Sun 17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:10 am

Psyckosama wrote:You have a gift for understatement.

Heh

I smile at a job well done.

Sit back and let the grownups take care of things for a little while.

I let Tyrion talk to him first and ask him how it went.

Tyrion take Samwell under his wing and the kid seems to warmup pretty well with the dwarf, getting him to laugh without reserve within an hour. Robert shakes his head and comments to you that if he didn't know better, he'd start to wonder if you're one of those bleeding heart sorts that has to take in every three-legged puppy and one-eyed kitten he comes across until he's swimming in them.

The trek to Hightower actually goes really well. When you arrive most of the Hightower family, along with a huge part of the merchant and guild leaders arrive as well to greet their sovereign. You do notice that old lord hightower isn't among them but then he hasn't left the tower in literally years.

Silver Sun 17 wrote:Yes to both

As you didn't win the joust you don't get the seat of honor. you still sit at the king's table but you're at the edge of it. You are able to talk with Tyrion again. You had a good time talking with him before and he seems willing to have another conversation with you.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:24 pm

Brian Boru wrote:He laughs and understands the situation, he's had his own war souvenirs.

I make a show of looking first left, then right, as if seeing the room for the first time, an expression of childlike wonder on my face. Then give Robert a half-bow in recognition of his epic swag.

Well you already own it considering you beat him, but you're not supposed to do that to his armor until he has had a chance to ransom back.

Something to think of for the future then. What does decorum state about the amount of time I need to give him to do so? Since he's a bit knocked out at the moment, no?

They find it hilarious that you're acting so oblivious to the tits, and the tits ARE everywhere.  In response, they begin to get...blatant with the tantalizing around you, posing, stretching, sashaying the works.

Well, when one starts being particularly blatant I'll raise my hand as if to stop her and go. "One moment ..." pause, and a look of straightforward appraisal and appreciation. "Yes, if you could turn a bit that way? Just a touch more, thank you. Yes, quite lovely. I apologize, but while I do so enjoy the aesthetics of a good pair the total package is just so much more."

Though some may decry it as blasphemy, tits are not actually the be-all, end-all. ^^ Just making that clear. ^^

Mya turning puce and you're not sure WHAT she's about to do.

I lean in and conspiratorially stage-whisper "Now, now. Relax. The ladies are perfectly polite, if audacious. And to that, you have to reply with either audacity of your own, or simply meet it head on and accept it for what it is. This too is training, sister mine."

Then I amend that with "Though admittedly, my perspective is heavily biased."

So, music? There was supposed to be music.
Rieverre
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun 17 on Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:51 pm

Brian Boru wrote:

As you didn't win the joust you don't get the seat of honor.  you still sit at the king's table but you're at the edge of it.  You are able to talk with Tyrion again.  You had a good time talking with him before and he seems willing to have another conversation with you.

"5 copper says that my beating the head of the king's guard brings more trouble then beating your brother."

Silver Sun 17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:07 pm

Brian Boru wrote:
Sit back and let the grownups take care of things for a little while.

Hey!

More the secret to getting what you want done is have an idea and then throw it to the experts.

Tyrion understands, and Robert's the bloody expert at getting the fuck he wants Wink

Tyrion take Samwell under his wing and the kid seems to warmup pretty well with the dwarf, getting him to laugh without reserve within an hour.  Robert shakes his head and comments to you that if he didn't know better, he'd start to wonder if you're one of those bleeding heart sorts that has to take in every three-legged puppy and one-eyed kitten he comes across until he's swimming in them.

Assuming noone else can hear us. "I'm exactly one of those bleeding hearts, father, but even you can't deny I couple it with good reason and a good eye for potential. Tyrion and Walder, and now Samwell. Theoretically even Jon and Theon... every so called stray I've brought into my confidence has had a great deal of potential. And all I had to do was give them my confidence and trust. I believed in them so they could believe in themselves and did so whole heartedly and without reservation. They just needed to have someone who showed faith in them and give them a chance before they could really stand proud and shine."

I look at him, "I like to think I look for Diamonds in the rough. I sympathies because I know what it's like to be trapped by a situation out of your control. I got my chance to prove myself and won the ultimate reward. Now I'm looking to pay it forward, to give others the kind of chance I was given. So far I think it's served me well. I have the friendship and service of the strongest man of my age group in all of the kingdoms. I count the Lannister Heir as a brother by all but blood. I've hopefully redirected Jon from his mad dream of the Night's Watch. The future Lord of the Iron Islands has realized that not everyone hates him for being his father's son..."

I pause for a moment and speed in a sad voice, "Call me soft if you will, but it's already earned me a great deal of loyalty from a great number of worthy individuals. And all I had to do was believe in them. Besides... if I didn't, where would Bella be now? That alone in my mind proves my point."

The trek to Hightower actually goes really well.  When you arrive most of the Hightower family, along with a huge part of the merchant and guild leaders arrive as well to greet their sovereign.  You do notice that old lord hightower isn't among them but then he hasn't left the tower in literally years.

I'm charismatic and friendly. I flirt with the girls and spend a while talking to the merchants, I go to the tower to see the Lord... But while I don't show it my main objective is access to the Citadel library.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:59 am

Rieverre wrote:I make a show of looking first left, then right, as if seeing the room for the first time, an expression of childlike wonder on my face. Then give Robert a half-bow in recognition of his epic swag.

That get's him laughing his ass off once he gets what you're doing.

Something to think of for the future then. What does decorum state about the amount of time I need to give him to do so? Since he's a bit knocked out at the moment, no?

Usually at least a week, after that it's assumed that he can't pay and the armor forfeits to you unless a relative gives an offer for it.

Well, when one starts being particularly blatant I'll raise my hand as if to stop her and go. "One moment ..." pause, and a look of straightforward appraisal and appreciation. "Yes, if you could turn a bit that way? Just a touch more, thank you. Yes, quite lovely. I apologize, but while I do so enjoy the aesthetics of a good pair the total package is just so much more."

Though some may decry it as blasphemy, tits are not actually the be-all, end-all. ^^ Just making that clear. ^^

That sets the entire establishment laughing their asses off, things...jiggle....so much jiggling....

I lean in and conspiratorially stage-whisper "Now, now. Relax. The ladies are perfectly polite, if audacious. And to that, you have to reply with either audacity of your own, or simply meet it head on and accept it for what it is. This too is training, sister mine."

She seemingly manages to force herself calm.

Then I amend that with "Though admittedly, my perspective is heavily biased."

She Gibb-smacks you for that one.

So, music? There was supposed to be music.

One young woman seems to know how to play the flute, but the way her lips work the thing....seems almost indecent.

Silver Sun 17 wrote:"5 copper says that my beating the head of the king's guard brings more trouble then beating your brother."

He chuckles and says, that Cersei doesn't take kindly to their brother not looking perfect and she'll go to discomforting lengths to keep
it that way.

Psyckosama wrote:Hey!

More the secret to getting what you want done is have an idea and then throw it to the experts.

Tyrion understands, and Robert's the bloody expert at getting the fuck he wants Wink

True but more you don't have to shoulder the whole damn thing.

Assuming noone else can hear us. "I'm exactly one of those bleeding hearts, father, but even you can't deny I couple it with good reason and a good eye for potential. Tyrion and Walder, and now Samwell. Theoretically even Jon and Theon... every so called stray I've brought into my confidence has had a great deal of potential. And all I had to do was give them my confidence and trust. I believed in them so they could believe in themselves and did so whole heartedly and without reservation. They just needed to have someone who showed faith in them and give them a chance before they could really stand proud and shine."

I look at him, "I like to think I look for Diamonds in the rough. I sympathies because I know what it's like to be trapped by a situation out of your control. I got my chance to prove myself and won the ultimate reward. Now I'm looking to pay it forward, to give others the kind of chance I was given. So far I think it's served me well. I have the friendship and service of the strongest man of my age group in all of the kingdoms. I count the Lannister Heir as a brother by all but blood. I've hopefully redirected Jon from his mad dream of the Night's Watch. The future Lord of the Iron Islands has realized that not everyone hates him for being his father's son..."

I pause for a moment and speed in a sad voice, "Call me soft if you will, but it's already earned me a great deal of loyalty from a great number of worthy individuals. And all I had to do was believe in them. Besides... if I didn't, where would Bella be now? That alone in my mind proves my point."

He has to agree with that and you seem to be an astounding judge of character, but he's still convinced one of these days, you're going to pick up a three-legged pup, who can only trip all over the place instead of being an incognito master truffle-hunter.

I'm charismatic and friendly. I flirt with the girls and spend a while talking to the merchants, I go to the tower to see the Lord... But while I don't show it my main objective is access to the Citadel library.

They find you charming and once you're actually IN hightower, Lord Hightower receive you warmly enough. While there one of the hightower relatives, a younger man a few years older than you, about to become a knight himself, offers to give you an unofficial tour of the city, he also says he knows a maester in training that has access to some of the WEIRD stuff in the Citadel library...if you're interested at doing this in the dead of night.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:04 am

Brian Boru wrote:True but more you don't have to shoulder the whole damn thing.

thank god for that.

He has to agree with that and you seem to be an astounding judge of character, but he's still convinced one of these days, you're going to pick up a three-legged pup, who can only trip all over the place instead of being an incognito master truffle-hunter.

Then I'll accept my error give him a nice pat on the head, find someone to take care of him who don't dash his head in with a club the moment my back is turned, and move on.

They find you charming and once you're actually IN hightower, Lord Hightower receive you warmly enough.  While there one of the hightower relatives, a younger man a few years older than you, about to become a knight himself, offers to give you an unofficial tour of the city, he also says he knows a maester in training that has access to some of the WEIRD stuff in the Citadel library...if you're interested at doing this in the dead of night.

Why the hell not! ^_^

Psyckosama carried out 1 launched of one d100 (Image not informed.) :

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:21 pm

Brian Boru wrote:Usually at least a week, after that it's assumed that he can't pay and the armor forfeits to you unless a relative gives an offer for it.

Well, we'll see how that goes. I don't imagine we'll be leaving before the week is out anyway, since I want to be sure I've recovered and there's likely still celebrations going on in the aftermath of the tourney. IIRC, these things can usually take some time to die down. Besides, I still have those dinner invitations from the various nobles I got during the tournament. I might as well use the time to be polite and visit with them, even if only

That sets the entire establishment laughing their asses off, things...jiggle....so much jiggling....

I remain politely and frankly appreciative of the ... ah ... aesthetics.

She seemingly manages to force herself calm.

"It's also a bit of my fault really, I've been rather deliberate in provoking this kind of response," I freely admit, not bothering to lower my voice. "The ladies have taken my cavalier attitude as a bit of a challenge, and I'm having more than a spot of fun with it myself. The truth of the world is, most men and some women quite enjoy this kind of entertainment, so it's helpful to not be caught off-guard by it."

She Gibb-smacks you for that one.

"Easy on the guy with the recent head injury," I wince. Then snort in amusement when she inevitably brings up the fact that there's obviously nothing there to hurt since I apparently have rocks in there.

One young woman seems to know how to play the flute, but the way her lips work the thing....seems almost indecent.

... I am somehow not surprised at all. Still, this is arguably both more genuine than most goings on in court, and I'll keep up the mostly harmless flirting until the rain's stopped. If it lasts long enough, I'll probably order lunch as well, at least if the quality of whatever we're getting to drink is such that it makes me think the food wouldn't be bad.

Still, all good things must pass, and once the weather has cleared we leave to continue on our errand ... but not before a sort of parting shot.

"My ladies, it has been an experience. I thank you for your indulgence," I take the hand of whichever one's been attending us the most, possibly the ringleader of the establishment, and make a perfectly polite show of kissing the knuckles. "And now I feel obligated to be a little bit evil," I say in roughly the same tone that I used to once mess with Mya about actually training her as a squire, and use my grip on the woman's hand to reel her in, her back to my front, trailing my other hand up to tease and pinch a nipple. Meanwhile, my mouth is busy initiating operation earbite and then nibbling the crook of her neck. And, well, I'm just going to not mention what my remaining hand is up to during this.

... and after _just_ enough of that, I disengage, bow to the room in general, and we make our exit.

More than a little bit evil, but hey ... always leave them wanting more. ^^
Rieverre
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun 17 on Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:49 pm

Brian Boru wrote:
He chuckles and says, that Cersei doesn't take kindly to their brother not looking perfect and she'll go to discomforting lengths to keep
it that way.
"is it just me or does that sound disturbing?"

Silver Sun 17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:52 pm

Psyckosama wrote:thank god for that.

Heh

Then I'll accept my error give him a nice pat on the head, find someone to take care of him who don't dash his head in with a club the moment my back is turned, and move on.

Heh shrugs his shoulders and lets it go.

Why the hell not! ^_^

Well the two of you manage to get out of the hightower without a hitch and get to the citadel with little trouble either. When you arrive there you meet a young man who claims that he's actually the bastard child of Jon Arryn....considering his accent sounds almost identical to what you heard in Old Town when you had your daytime tour....you're more than a little skeptical of any legitimacy to his claims.

Either way he takes you down to the bowls of the citadel, into the old archives where semi-magical or so claimed stuff his kept. You also find some old documents there. One of them, the maester in training claims, has something about what happened to the dragons during the time of Aegon III. You wanna read it?

Rieverre wrote:Well, we'll see how that goes. I don't imagine we'll be leaving before the week is out anyway, since I want to be sure I've recovered and there's likely still celebrations going on in the aftermath of the tourney. IIRC, these things can usually take some time to die down. Besides, I still have those dinner invitations from the various nobles I got during the tournament. I might as well use the time to be polite and visit with them, even if only

A day later you get a message from Sandor Clegane, also known as the Hound, use it as a chamber pot for all I care.

I remain politely and frankly appreciative of the ... ah ... aesthetics.

Heh gigity.

"It's also a bit of my fault really, I've been rather deliberate in provoking this kind of response," I freely admit, not bothering to lower my voice. "The ladies have taken my cavalier attitude as a bit of a challenge, and I'm having more than a spot of fun with it myself. The truth of the world is, most men and some women quite enjoy this kind of entertainment, so it's helpful to not be caught off-guard by it."

The look she gives you suddenly makes you glad she doesn't have laser-vision...

"Easy on the guy with the recent head injury," I wince. Then snort in amusement when she inevitably brings up the fact that there's obviously nothing there to hurt since I apparently have rocks in there.

About what happens. Though she does also add that hurt her hand more than your head most likely.

... I am somehow not surprised at all. Still, this is arguably both more genuine than most goings on in court, and I'll keep up the mostly harmless flirting until the rain's stopped. If it lasts long enough, I'll probably order lunch as well, at least if the quality of whatever we're getting to drink is such that it makes me think the food wouldn't be bad.

Not bad chow but this ISN'T the best in town.

Still, all good things must pass, and once the weather has cleared we leave to continue on our errand ... but not before a sort of parting shot.

It clears up after several hours.

"My ladies, it has been an experience. I thank you for your indulgence," I take the hand of whichever one's been attending us the most, possibly the ringleader of the establishment, and make a perfectly polite show of kissing the knuckles. "And now I feel obligated to be a little bit evil," I say in roughly the same tone that I used to once mess with Mya about actually training her as a squire, and use my grip on the woman's hand to reel her in, her back to my front, trailing my other hand up to tease and pinch a nipple. Meanwhile, my mouth is busy initiating operation earbite and then nibbling the crook of her neck. And, well, I'm just going to not mention what my remaining hand is up to during this.

There is a ton of tittering and Mya goes a little apoplectic. The girl in particular goes a little limp.

... and after _just_ enough of that, I disengage, bow to the room in general, and we make our exit.

More than a little bit evil, but hey ... always leave them wanting more. ^^

You hear as you part. "HEY YOU CAN'T JUST LEAVE LIKE THAT!"

Mya just stares at you with a WHAT THE HELLS WAS THAT look on her face.

Silver Sun 17 wrote:"is it just me or does that sound disturbing?"

"Oh it is lad, it is indeed. I would be careful on the field tomorrow, if you compete that is?"
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:02 pm

Brian Boru wrote:Well the two of you manage to get out of the hightower without a hitch and get to the citadel with little trouble either.  When you arrive there you meet a young man who claims that he's actually the bastard child of Jon Arryn....considering his accent sounds almost identical to what you heard in Old Town when you had your daytime tour....you're more than a little skeptical of any legitimacy to his claims.  

I question him bout his mother and then send a Raven reporting it to Jon. If this is possibly authentic Jon might want to know, if only so he was a backup should "Sweet Robin" end up falling apart on him.

Either way he takes you down to the bowls of the citadel, into the old archives where semi-magical or so claimed stuff his kept.  You also find some old documents there.  One of them, the maester in training claims, has something about what happened to the dragons during the time of Aegon III.  You wanna read it?

I glance over it. AKA: Look at the pages and use my photographic memory to do the rest.

So yes. I read it VERY quickly.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:16 pm

Brian Boru wrote:A day later you get a message from Sandor Clegane, also known as the Hound, use it as a chamber pot for all I care.

Looks like I'll be using it to augment my current set then. Will probably reinforce my gauntlets and cuirass for the most part, and reforge the helmet entirely to look as if it were wearing a hood.

But I keep Gregor's helmet. And send it to a blacksmith, to actually turn it into a chamberpot. With a spout and lining and everything, though I don't have the dents beaten out. Then I send the newly-made chamberpot back to Sandor. With a missive saying "I took your suggestion to heart."

The look she gives you suddenly makes you glad she doesn't have laser-vision...

"You know that makes you look more adorable than scary, don't you sis?"

Not bad chow but this ISN'T the best in town.

I request quill and paper and start to jot down suggestions for improvements, from simply adding less or more of a particular spice to outlining new dishes entirely that could be made without too much fuss and with relatively common ingredients. Ham and potato casserole, potato wedges, noodles, pierogi, stir fries ... before I check myself it's been an hour of me just writing down suggestions. I hand them to one of the girls to take to the cook.

It clears up after several hours.

There is a ton of tittering and Mya goes a little apoplectic.  The girl in particular goes a little limp.

Only a little? Hmm. Seems I need to work on my game more and level up the magic fingers. I do make sure the girl in question is settled somewhere and not just dump her on the floor when I leave though. That would be too crass.

You hear as you part.  "HEY YOU CAN'T JUST LEAVE LIKE THAT!"

Mya just stares at you with a WHAT THE HELLS WAS THAT look on her face.

"That, dear sister, was retribution for all the teasing served with appropriate timing," I reply with a Cheshire grin. "I did give fair warning that I was going to be a little bit evil though, did I not?"

Aaaand we're off to go shopping.
Rieverre
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:13 am

Psyckosama wrote:I question him bout his mother and then send a Raven reporting it to Jon. If this is possibly authentic Jon might want to know, if only so he was a backup should "Sweet Robin" end up falling apart on him.

The return message a few weeks later is an emphatic NO! Along with such a gruesome list of why he couldn't be his son. Complete with a time sheet of where he was every day for three months around the time he was conceived. Meaning it was utterly impossible that Arryn could have been his father. The young man wilts like a daisy in winter.

I glance over it. AKA: Look at the pages and use my photographic memory to do the rest.

So yes. I read it VERY quickly.

It list the decline of the dragons during the reign of Aegon III, and their final extinction, during the entire thing you notice that there seems to be a congratulatory tone to it. Nothing that could infer blame on the Maesters and certainly nothing on how they could have done it. But it does make you wonder.

Rieverre wrote:Looks like I'll be using it to augment my current set then. Will probably reinforce my gauntlets and cuirass for the most part, and reforge the helmet entirely to look as if it were wearing a hood.

Very high quality plate steel. It really helps with your armoring.

But I keep Gregor's helmet. And send it to a blacksmith, to actually turn it into a chamberpot. With a spout and lining and everything, though I don't have the dents beaten out. Then I send the newly-made chamberpot back to Sandor. With a missive saying "I took your suggestion to heart."

You hear that Sandor laughed himself sick for several hours after that.

"You know that makes you look more adorable than scary, don't you sis?"

"Don't make me find a skillet." A grim memory about one time when you dropped a rock lizard down the back of her dress and the HORRIBLE pain that happen as a result comes unbidden to your mind.

I request quill and paper and start to jot down suggestions for improvements, from simply adding less or more of a particular spice to outlining new dishes entirely that could be made without too much fuss and with relatively common ingredients. Ham and potato casserole, potato wedges, noodles, pierogi, stir fries ... before I check myself it's been an hour of me just writing down suggestions. I hand them to one of the girls to take to the cook.

They take your advice...but they do give you a bunch of looks for that one...you're an odd one aren't you?

Only a little? Hmm. Seems I need to work on my game more and level up the magic fingers. I do make sure the girl in question is settled somewhere and not just dump her on the floor when I leave though. That would be too crass.

Ah.

"That, dear sister, was retribution for all the teasing served with appropriate timing," I reply with a Cheshire grin. "I did give fair warning that I was going to be a little bit evil though, did I not?"

She stares at you for a long while, then she finally snorts and toss her hands in the air and just let's it go for the time being.

Aaaand we're off to go shopping.

What were you looking for and roll d100 for how it goes.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:26 am

Brian Boru wrote:The return message a few weeks later is an emphatic NO! Along with such a gruesome list of why he couldn't be his son.  Complete with a time sheet of where he was every day for three months around the time he was conceived.  Meaning it was utterly impossible that Arryn could have been his father.  The young man wilts like a daisy in winter.

I message Lord Arryn about how he wants this handled.

I interrogate him rather strongly. Using nonviolent but... stressful methods.

If he was mislead, I apologize to Lord Arryn and inform him that the young man had been mislead and plead clemency.

If not, well, I inform him and leave it up to him.

I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt, but DO NOT lie. If he wanted into my good graces he could have earned it. But now I wash my hands of this as it is not my responsibility any longer.

It list the decline of the dragons during the reign of Aegon III, and their final extinction, during the entire thing you notice that there seems to be a congratulatory tone to it.  Nothing that could infer blame on the Maesters and certainly nothing on how they could have done it.  But it does make you wonder.

Wonder? Bah. I already know.

Just like how I know how to hatch the dragons eggs on Dragonstone.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:47 am

Psyckosama wrote:I message Lord Arryn about how he wants this handled.

However you see fit.

I interrogate him rather strongly. Using nonviolent but... stressful methods.

If he was mislead, I apologize to Lord Arryn and inform him that the young man had been mislead and plead clemency.

If not, well, I inform him and leave it up to him.

I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt, but DO NOT lie. If he wanted into my good graces he could have earned it. But now I wash my hands of this as it is not my responsibility any longer.

Well it was a bit of both, his mother DID tell him that his father was a Valelord, but that could have really been anyone so he'd inflated the possibilites when he was a child to their logical extremes and he never let them go.  He also wanted to impress you, The son of a king and a member of the second richest family in westeros, with a lineage reaching back to the early days of the first men...

Wonder? Bah. I already know.

Just like how I know how to hatch the dragons eggs on Dragonstone.

I hope you just thought that because that is some HEAVY fucking shit there for the Westerosi.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:12 am

Brian Boru wrote:However you see fit.

I have him publicly flogged but make sure he's treated well after to ensure a safe recovery.

He really should have been honest and as much as I'd like to be soft, I have to make an example.

Well it was a bit of both, his mother DID tell him that his father was a Valelord, but that could have really been anyone so he'd inflated the possibilites when he was a child to their logical extremes and he never let them go.  He also wanted to impress you, The son of a king and a member of the second richest family in westeros, with a lineage reaching back to the early days of the first men...

"You should have been honest..."

I look at him carefully and try and figure out who he looks like that I know.

Where is he from and what is his mother's name.

I hope you just thought that because that is some HEAVY fucking shit there for the Westerosi.

Of course I didn't say it out loud.

That said I can think of a number of convicts who will be dying by fire.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:53 am

Brian Boru wrote:Very high quality plate steel.  It really helps with your armoring.

Awesome. I'm likely not going to be wearing the full set all the time - too much time to put on, not really that comfortable to sleep in, etc - but it should help even if I'm just in the cuirass. On that note, I pick up some studded leather and chain pieces for when I'm on the road, to wear with said cuirass and gauntlets/greaves.

You hear that Sandor laughed himself sick for several hours after that.

Some said that he was a great fighter. His brother called him a shithead.

"Don't make me find a skillet."  A grim memory about one time when you dropped a rock lizard down the back of her dress and the HORRIBLE pain that happen as a result comes unbidden to your mind.

Attagirl.

They take your advice...but they do give you a bunch of looks for that one...you're an odd one aren't you?

"Food is serious business. It happens to be one of the three fastest ways to a man's heart. The others are in his drawers and between the fourth and fifth rib respectively." Grin.

She stares at you for a long while, then she finally snorts and toss her hands in the air and just let's it go for the time being.

"Let's just say there are good reasons why I always got on well with the maids at the Gates," I say with a gallic shrug.

What were you looking for and roll d100 for how it goes.

Some dresses for Mya - as promised earlier - some silver bracelets for Hennah (barring that, maybe a pendant with a symbol of the Seven, just to mirror the favor she gave me on my leaving), and a well stocked set of apothecary gear for Anna (with actual glass measuring instruments and everything).
Rieverre
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:53 am

The member 'Rieverre' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd100' : 23

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun 17 on Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:40 pm

Brian Boru wrote:

"Oh it is lad, it is indeed. I would be careful on the field tomorrow, if you compete that is?"
"I'm planning on it. Considering how i did against your brother i have pretty good odds.

what's my budget? I think I'm going to place some bets.

Silver Sun 17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:54 am

Psyckosama wrote:I have him publicly flogged but make sure he's treated well after to ensure a safe recovery.

His yelps can be heard across half of the Maester tower.

He really should have been honest and as much as I'd like to be soft, I have to make an example.

See above but he doesn't hold a grudge amazingly he seems to be pretty understanding about the entire situation.

"You should have been honest..."

I look at him carefully and try and figure out who he looks like that I know.

Where is he from and what is his mother's name.

Well you don't recognize her mother's name but if you had to guess, he's from the Vale alright, and you THINK he might have A Tollet of Grey Glen for a father, you've only occasionally met them but they are some of the gloomiest and morbid cusses you've ever had the misfortune to come across. Any one of them could put the best and most jovial fools in the world suicidally depressed in five minutes. You ran across three of them at once....it was harrowing the misery that seemed to emanate from them. They not have bad luck or tradgedy, they just live and breath "expect the worst and you won't be disappointed...maybe..." to a religious degree. You will ALWAYS know what the worst could happen to an exhaustive degree with a Tollet.

Of course I didn't say it out loud.

That said I can think of a number of convicts who will be dying by fire.

...eesh man kinda Aerys the mad there don't you think?

Rieverre wrote:Awesome. I'm likely not going to be wearing the full set all the time - too much time to put on, not really that comfortable to sleep in, etc - but it should help even if I'm just in the cuirass. On that note, I pick up some studded leather and chain pieces for when I'm on the road, to wear with said cuirass and gauntlets/greaves.

Alright.

Some said that he was a great fighter. His brother called him a shithead.

Shithead is actually a little better than what he starts at, and goes WAAAAY downhill very fast from there.

Attagirl.

A slightly discomforting smirk spreads across her face.

"Food is serious business. It happens to be one of the three fastest ways to a man's heart. The others are in his drawers and between the fourth and fifth rib respectively." Grin.

That gets a few chuckles but they let you stay, just DON'T get in the way!

"Let's just say there are good reasons why I always got on well with the maids at the Gates," I say with a gallic shrug.

She does wonder when the hell you learned to do that?

Some dresses for Mya - as promised earlier - some silver bracelets for Hennah (barring that, maybe a pendant with a symbol of the Seven, just to mirror the favor she gave me on my leaving), and a well stocked set of apothecary gear for Anna (with actual glass measuring instruments and everything).

As luck would have it you stumble across a tailor shop relatively quickly, the tailor looks a bit miffed at the two of you at first but when he sees the money he's all smiles. Mya, in a fit of femininity at an intensity you've never seen before, want to go nuts and get ALL THE DRESSES (5 of them) While you can afford it, it's still more than a little steep.

Silver Sun 17 wrote:"I'm planning on it. Considering how i did against your brother i have pretty good odds.

what's my budget? I think I'm going to place some bets.

You've got some stags to spare, chump change but you might turn a small profit if you make some bets among the knights or lordlings.

Shaking the headache of memory deluge away I roll out of bed and begin dressing myself, "Coming master let me pull my clothes on." I'm a Squire...in the Vale....in Westeros....well this will be interesting....
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:04 am

Brian Boru wrote:His yelps can be heard across half of the Maester tower.

I'm not happy about this.

See above but he doesn't hold a grudge amazingly he seems to be pretty understanding about the entire situation.

I make sure he gets proper treatment... and am willing to give him a chance to prove himself.

Well you don't recognize her mother's name but if you had to guess, he's from the Vale alright, and you THINK he might have A Tollet of Grey Glen for a father, you've only occasionally met them but they are some of the gloomiest and morbid cusses you've ever had the misfortune to come across.  Any one of them could put the best and most jovial fools in the world suicidally depressed in five minutes.  You ran across three of them at once....it was harrowing the misery that seemed to emanate from them.  They not have bad luck or tradgedy, they just live and breath "expect the worst and you won't be disappointed...maybe..." to a religious degree.  You will ALWAYS know what the worst could happen to an exhaustive degree with a Tollet.

I state as much and make the inquires to find out. If he's a natural born son of the family they all deserve to know... after all, depending on who's bastard he is he might actually be useful to each other and he's not taken his chains yet.

I believe in fairness and justice tempered by mercy.

He deserved punishment because he lied.

He deserves to know the name of his father because its something every man has a right to know.

...eesh man kinda Aerys the mad there don't you think?

Absolutely not. He did it because he got off on it sexually. He was an insane sadist.

I'm doing it because the Targaryan family words are pretty much instructions on how to awaken the Dragons.

Blood and Fire.

And believe me, considering the kind of people in westeros, I'm sure I'll find some who deserve it.

So what now, and what does Robert think of my handling of the situation?

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:10 am

Brian Boru wrote:Shithead is actually a little better than what he starts at, and goes WAAAAY downhill very fast from there.

I got that impression, yes.

A slightly discomforting smirk spreads across her face.

I should probably foster fewer violent impulses in my little sister ... naaaah.

She does wonder when the hell you learned to do that?

"It's been an eventful couple of years." Understatement of the century. "And if your eventual paramour doesn't do that for you, now you'll know why you'll want to kick his ass across the bedroom."

I think I might be a horribly corrupting influence on poor Mya.

As luck would have it you stumble across a tailor shop relatively quickly, the tailor looks a bit miffed at the two of you at first but when he sees the money he's all smiles.  Mya, in a fit of femininity at an intensity you've never seen before, want to go nuts and get ALL THE DRESSES (5 of them)  While you can afford it, it's still more than a little steep.

Considering how much the tournament winnings were and the going price for plate, I can't imagine it would put any kind of dent in our finances ... but I still tell Mya to pick two of the five she likes most, three if she can make a really good and convincing case for the third. When asked as to why, I tell her that it's nice to have goals.

Anyway, the tailor most likely delivers, so after the purchase I have him arrange to get the dresses to Mya's current lodgings.

What about the other gifts?
Rieverre
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 34 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 30 ... 34  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum