You are the Demon King...

Page 19 of 30 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 24 ... 30  Next

Go down

You are the Demon King... - Page 19 Empty Re: You are the Demon King...

Post by Rieverre on Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:41 am

Handmaidens: The Red Oni Sisters
-Kasho: Two horned Red Oni. Elder Handmaiden.
-Haisoksu: One horned Red Oni. Younger Handmaiden

Harem:
-Lamia Concubine: Archives clerk with some magical aptitude.
-Arachne Concubine: Assassin and bane of food everywhere.

Household staff:
-Halfing Chef (pending)

Contacts:
-Grand Princess of the Fire Dragon Clan (apparently with 'Blue' as part of her name)

Pending Events:
- clan meeting
- seaside vacation happy fun times

Psyckosama wrote:She walks in and crosses her arms. "Suprise me."

Well, let's try something new then ...

I _let_ it get to me this time, deliberately ignoring what I'd learned of circumstances and focusing on the emotional impact of the situation. Her attitude since the beginning, the barbs and remarks, the clear expectation of _failure_ she seems to hold.

I gather that around me as I pace. One step, two, three ... let it grow, nurture it, gather it until I can almost _taste_ spite at the tip of my tongue and coiled within like a flaming serpent.

I tear my hand through the air in a claw-handed swipe, the simple and direct act of lashing out in defiance, letting the gathered emotional charge flow.

Do you want to?"

No, not at the moment. I think I'll wait and see if she decides to mention it or not.

Though you get the feelings she's more here for the princess. They seemd to be trading the occasional barb.

Hm. But am I able to tell whether this is because of genuine antipathy, or a case of them being Vitriolic Best Buds?

"I've sent the nessasry feelers but it will take time for our contacts to get back to us."

OOC remndthe GM what this is

Well, supposedly the Demon World has no coffee and during our first meeting the Princess said she'd heard about something like that from her clan's trade contacts in the human realm. I asked if she could look into that for me and acquire some.

"Well, I appreciate it. I suppose it's a bit of an acquired taste, you end up either loving or hating it."

Decent. You can tell he was trying something new, but it is rather good.

Oh. Good. For a minute there I'd been afraid I'd made a terrible mistake.
Rieverre
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun 17 on Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:04 pm

Psyckosama wrote:
"How about my True Name?"
"Acceptable. we'll deal with it once we have some privacy."
"What's a nuke?"
"Nuke is a shorter name for a nuclear bomb. Imagine a non-magical device the about the size of the average human male that can level cities. That's the weakest one i know of."

And as an exclamation point to that statement the door explodes inwards and a body hits the wall.

And then stands up.

On one side you have what looks like a smoking hot 12ft bloodthrister girl

On the other...

well...

You are the Demon King... - Page 19 9ZwYwEK

"I think describing the halls as a warzone is an understatement."

Silver Sun 17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:14 am

Brian Boru wrote:I grin, "A pleasure to meet you Lady Seneschal."

I apologize for calling her so suddenly but I wanted to meet with my new kinsfolk and I was told that she had a warmer relationship to the Princess than say the Duke.  I also feel that having an at least cordial relationship with people with jobs like her would be beneficial and it seemed that head of the castle staff seemed one of the best places to begin.  Once again my apologies for my brusqueness.

She simply nods. "I agree, my emperor and thank you for summoning me all of this way to let me know that such a relationship is valued. I must however ask if there is anything else which you wish to discuss as my tasks are many."

Your not sure if she's being dismissive, sarcastic, or means it and just is that dedicated to her job.

You almost not quite manage to not humiliate yourself.

"Gettin' better, laddie!"

Rieverre wrote:Rank: Emperor

Harem:

Household staff:
-Halfing Chef (pending)

Contacts:
-Grand Princess of the Fire Dragon Clan (apparently with 'Blue' as part of her name)

Pending Events:
- clan meeting

Well, let's try something new then ...

I _let_ it get to me this time, deliberately ignoring what I'd learned of circumstances and focusing on the emotional impact of the situation. Her attitude since the beginning, the barbs and remarks, the clear expectation of _failure_ she seems to hold.

I gather that around me as I pace. One step, two, three ... let it grow, nurture it, gather it until I can almost _taste_ spite at the tip of my tongue and coiled within like a flaming serpent.

I tear my hand through the air in a claw-handed swipe, the simple and direct act of lashing out in defiance, letting the gathered emotional charge flow.

She diverts it casually. "Claw strikes are good for dealing with larger groups or swift but weak targets. More difficult to dodge with a somewhat higher area of effect, but less power."

No, not at the moment. I think I'll wait and see if she decides to mention it or not.

She seems to be uncomfortable with the subject to be honest.

Hm. But am I able to tell whether this is because of genuine antipathy, or a case of them being Vitriolic Best Buds?

More really snitty Frenemies

Well, supposedly the Demon World has no coffee and during our first meeting the Princess said she'd heard about something like that from her clan's trade contacts in the human realm. I asked if she could look into that for me and acquire some.

"Well, I appreciate it. I suppose it's a bit of an acquired taste, you end up either loving or hating it."

"Once the contacts are made we'll start sending you an assortment of beans for taste testing."

Oh. Good. For a minute there I'd been afraid I'd made a terrible mistake.

You do notice that the chef seems to be in magical hazmat gear.

Silver Sun 17 wrote:
"Acceptable. we'll deal with it once we have some privacy."

"Yes m'lord."

"Nuke is a shorter name for a nuclear bomb. Imagine a non-magical device the about the size of the average human male that can level cities. That's the weakest one i know of."

You get a look. They're not really quite believing you.

"I think describing the halls as a warzone is an understatement."

The Dragon looks over and glances at the naked sister and you. "Then I believe I have failed to prevent you from bonding handmaidens?"

The Demon chick attacks only to get tail slapped out of a window.

Psyckosama
Admin

View user profile https://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun 17 on Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:22 am

Psyckosama wrote:

You get a look. They're not really quite believing you.
not surprising. they likely lack the cultural context really comprehend a non-magical city destroying weapon at this point. it kinda needs to happen for a culture to really get it.

The Dragon looks over and glances at the naked sister and you. "Then I believe I have failed to prevent you from bonding handmaidens?"

The Demon chick attacks only to get tail slapped out of a window.
"They've given me their names but the other half hasn't been finished." I glance around wrap a sheet around my waist. "A pleasure to meet you..." I trail off fishing for a name.

Silver Sun 17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:56 am

Harem:

Household staff:
-Halfing Chef (pending)

Contacts:

Pending Events:
- clan meeting
- seaside vacation happy fun times[/quote]

Psyckosama wrote:She diverts it casually. "Claw strikes are good for dealing with larger groups or swift but weak targets. More difficult to dodge with a somewhat higher area of effect, but less power."

Mhm.

I don't stop. I follow through, making a full turn following the arc of my arm, pulling, focusing and feeding the remnant flames I drew in and then shoving them forward. I use the growing frustration at being so summarily dismissed.

She seems to be uncomfortable with the subject to be honest.

Makes two of us.

"Once the contacts are made we'll start sending you an assortment of beans for taste testing."

"Make sure to include both roasted and unroasted," I point out. "Hm. You know, I could be subtle about it and attempt to get the measure over the course of the following few days, but I'd rather ask outright. What is your clan's reaction to my appointment?"

You do notice that the chef seems to be in magical hazmat gear.

Spicy food made for demons and dragons? I imagine that's par for the course.
Rieverre
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:32 am

Silver Sun 17 wrote:
not surprising. they likely lack the cultural context really comprehend a non-magical city destroying weapon at this point. it kinda needs to happen for a culture to really get it.

Righto.

"They've given me their names but the other half hasn't been finished." I glance around wrap a sheet around my waist. "A pleasure to meet you..." I trail off fishing for a name.

"Wonderful. Would you like me to dispose of these bothers for you, my lord?"

She doesn't seem to be ignoring your request for an introduction, just... delaying it untilthe task is done.

Harem:

Household staff:
-Halfing Chef (pending)

Contacts:

Pending Events:
- clan meeting

Mhm.

I don't stop. I follow through, making a full turn following the arc of my arm, pulling, focusing and feeding the remnant flames I drew in and then shoving them forward. I use the growing frustration at being so summarily dismissed.

She steps to the side. "And thrust attack against larger, slow moving targets with great durability.'

Makes two of us.

IT's kind of the dragon in the room.

Wait, that's the other rincess.

"Make sure to include both roasted and unroasted," I point out.

"Of course."

"Hm. You know, I could be subtle about it and attempt to get the measure over the course of the following few days, but I'd rather ask outright. What is your clan's reaction to my appointment?"

"You seem to be reasonably intelligent and we have great hopes that you will prove to be competent."

Spicy food made for demons and dragons? I imagine that's par for the course.

The Ogre is nowhere to be seen.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun 17 on Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:35 am

Psyckosama wrote:

"Wonderful. Would you like me to dispose of these bothers for you, my lord?"

She doesn't seem to be ignoring your request for an introduction, just... delaying it untilthe task is done.

"Thank you for the offer but I'm actually satisfied with these two. they've shown traits I value in subordinates."

Silver Sun 17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:57 am

Harem:

Household staff:
-Halfing Chef (pending)

Contacts:

Pending Events:
- clan meeting

Psyckosama wrote:She steps to the side. "And thrust attack against larger, slow moving targets with great durability.'

Vicious circle time. I try to picture a Macross Missile Massacre in my mind and summon up a multitude of projectiles to do just that. Basically? Saturation fire. Too numerous to dodge or deflect them all, but individually not that powerful. I want to force her to actually block and lock down her movement. If that works, I intend to try and use a burst of heat to propel myself forward and close the distance in order to attack from point blank range.

"You seem to be reasonably intelligent and we have great hopes that you will prove to be competent."

"Time will tell, I suppose. It's one of the things able council may foster." I raise my glass for a moment, then down it. "Especially given the upcoming clan gathering."

The Ogre is nowhere to be seen.

And now I'm worried.
Rieverre
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mithril-blade on Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:04 pm

[quote="Psyckosama"]
Brian Boru wrote:Question.

Out of curiosity, is there any chance I can get in on this now?

mithril-blade

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:06 pm

mithril-blade wrote:
Psyckosama wrote:
Brian Boru wrote:Question.

Out of curiosity, is there any chance I can get in on this now?

Of course. Start!

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mithril-blade on Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:56 pm

Psyckosama wrote:Right bitches, here's how it goes down.

You were at home, minding your own business doin' whatever. Reading Fanfics, playin' XCOM, jackin' off to pictures of neon colored adolescent equines... don't know, don't give a damn.

But then you're hit by an intense sense of vertigo. It's not a pleasant one for sure. If anything it feels like flushed down a toilet and through a drinking draw while a Scandinavian Black Metal band plays the star Spangled Banner in German, backwards, in your head, using cannons as percussion instruments.

It's agonizing, it's distracting, its bloody obnoxious, and then suddenly it all ends when you're shat out, and yes, it did feel like you fell out of somethings ass, onto a hard stone floor far too hard for comfort...

And as you try and get your bearings you turn over with a groan and find yourself looking at...

You are the Demon King... - Page 19 LdweuCK You are the Demon King... - Page 19 T6LXHM9

The fuck do you do now?

I look around for a few seconds, realize that, no, these things are actually alive and ask, "Yeeeeeah, guys? Do any of you have any clothes you could lent me? Or is being sent to hell my punishment for sleeping naked?"

mithril-blade

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:16 am

mithril-blade wrote:I look around for a few seconds, realize that, no, these things are actually alive and ask, "Yeeeeeah, guys? Do any of you have any clothes you could lent me? Or is being sent to hell my punishment for sleeping naked?"

As you reorient yourself your vision starts to clear.

You are the Demon King... - Page 19 TL7Ptyu

"Bah. Only one here who is being punished is me. Someone cover this idiot."

You are the Demon King... - Page 19 YRbptBZ

The pig like one laughs and glances over. "Not much to look at is he?"

You are the Demon King... - Page 19 0EzBbBg

"Well, he survived the summoning intact..."

You're thrown a cloak.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mithril-blade on Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:49 am

Psyckosama wrote:
mithril-blade wrote:I look around for a few seconds, realize that, no, these things are actually alive and ask, "Yeeeeeah, guys? Do any of you have any clothes you could lent me? Or is being sent to hell my punishment for sleeping naked?"

As you reorient yourself your vision starts to clear.

You are the Demon King... - Page 19 TL7Ptyu

"Bah. Only one here who is being punished is me. Someone cover this idiot."

You are the Demon King... - Page 19 YRbptBZ

The pig like one laughs and glances over. "Not much to look at is he?"

You are the Demon King... - Page 19 0EzBbBg

"Well, he survived the summoning intact..."

You're thrown a cloak.

"Damn right. You guys are lucky it's so cold, or this cloak wouldn't be able to cover all of my manlyness" I nervously say as I cover my waist with it.

"So" I begin, "Since I am apparently here as a punishment for the crossed looking young lady over yonder, what can I do you for?"

mithril-blade

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:03 am

mithril-blade wrote:"Damn right. You guys are lucky it's so cold, or this cloak wouldn't be able to cover all of my manlyness" I nervously say as I cover my waist with it.

Actually its pretty warm...

"So" I begin, "Since I am apparently here as a punishment for the crossed looking young lady over yonder, what can I do you for?"

"No, you're here for an entirely different reason," the male who isn't a giant pig thing says calmly. "Are you good to walk?"

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mithril-blade on Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:09 am

Actually its pretty warm...

Look down, "Goddamn it boy, don't betray me now!" =(

"No, you're here for an entirely different reason," the male who isn't a giant pig thing says calmly. "Are you good to walk?"

"If I say no, will the young pretty woman carry me?"

mithril-blade

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:23 am

Psyckosama wrote:She simply nods. "I agree, my emperor and thank you for summoning me all of this way to let me know that such a relationship is valued. I must however ask if there is anything else which you wish to discuss as my tasks are many."

Your not sure if she's being dismissive, sarcastic, or means it and just is that dedicated to her job.

Ignoring the...whatever the tone was I continue. "To be frank...I need information. Yes I'm potentially one of the most powerful beings in this dimension, but that's the key word, potentially. To be perfectly frank and crude, I don't know my ass from a hole in the ground, pardon my language, and I need to learn everything I can about everyone I can, I need to learn who I can trust, who I can't, who can be brought to my side, who I need to avoid like the plague, who I need to appease and who I should just blast into oblivion if and when the time should come. But unfortunately the people I have even an inkling of trust are on a very short list, your cousin the princess is one of them. As your Seneschal of the palace, and one of the closest to the princess, I'd hope we could, if not be friends, at least have an alliance or even just a pact with each other. I could use your help in the days ahead, but what could I offer in return for that? I realize that as I'm the demon emperor I could just command but then I'd be learning to sleep with my eyes open with a knife under my pillow and a fireball ready in my hand. I'd rather not have to do that."

You almost not quite manage to not humiliate yourself.

"Gettin' better, laddie!"

"Rome wasn't built in a day. I won't learn this immediately either." If anyone asks I explain what Rome was. Not extensive but the jist of what she was.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:39 am

mithril-blade wrote:Look down, "Goddamn it boy, don't betray me now!" =(

D10?

"If I say no, will the young pretty woman carry me?"

"No, but I will set you on fire..."

You are the Demon King... - Page 19 E2uP6is

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mithril-blade on Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:32 am

Psyckosama wrote:
D10?

Let me see if I remember how to do this...

mithril-blade carried out 1 launched of one d10 (Image not informed.) :

"No, but I will set you on fire..."

You are the Demon King... - Page 19 E2uP6is

Get up and ask as I walk toward them, "Hold on, by that, do you mean make my clothes catch fire for a few laughs, Burninate me flame thrower style or ignite the fatty deposits just below my dermal layers and between my organs? Or are you just going to make me feel like I am burning alive?"

mithril-blade

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:52 pm

mithril-blade wrote:Let me see if I remember how to do this...

I don't think anything else needs to be said...

Get up and ask as I walk toward them, "Hold on, by that, do you mean make my clothes catch fire for a few laughs, Burninate me flame thrower style or ignite the fatty deposits just below my dermal layers and between my organs? Or are you just going to make me feel like I am burning alive?"

"Not the first nor the last, though I appreciate the suggestions..."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mithril-blade on Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:00 pm

Psyckosama wrote:

I don't think anything else needs to be said...

Booyah, not impressive my foot!, How do you guys like them apple- Hold, I covered myself already, right? Sigh, missed chances...

"Not the first nor the last, though I appreciate the suggestions..."

"Would you be actualy capable of innacting them though?"

mithril-blade

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:10 pm

Silver Sun 17 wrote:
"Thank you for the offer but I'm actually satisfied with these two. they've shown traits I value in subordinates."

She pauses. "Well, I see that while my plan failed due to their trickery, at least you still managed to find two subordinates that you find acceptable."

She peers down. "Though I am surprised that your lady would give you leave to engage in this foolish affair."

Harem:

Household staff:
-Halfing Chef (pending)

Contacts:

Pending Events:
- clan meeting

Psyckosama wrote:Vicious circle time. I try to picture a Macross Missile Massacre in my mind and summon up a multitude of projectiles to do just that. Basically? Saturation fire. Too numerous to dodge or deflect them all, but individually not that powerful. I want to force her to actually block and lock down her movement. If that works, I intend to try and use a burst of heat to propel myself forward and close the distance in order to attack from point blank range.

Roll 2 d10s to see if your Macross Missile Massacre works.

"Time will tell, I suppose. It's one of the things able council may foster." I raise my glass for a moment, then down it. "Especially given the upcoming clan gathering."

"Be weary. It is easy for a unwary emperor to become compromised by their subordinates. I suggest you look up the 18th as a warning."

And now I'm worried.

If you asked. "Last time I saw him he was running from the room screaming with fire shooting out of his mouth. I warned him, but he refused to listen."

The demon princess actually blinks. "How did you manage that?"

"He claimed that you should always taste your food, but I said that this was an exception to that rule and for good reason. I added a special ingredient."

The dragon princess smiles. "You've done wonderfully I must say. This is the richest heat I've ever had. Would you share the secret ingredient?"

"I put alchemical fireball potion into the curry as an additive and asked one of the maids if she'd be willing to give it a taste. They approved so here you go."

OOC for sake of argument this is you and the two princesses... makes it easier.

Brian Boru wrote:Ignoring the...whatever the tone was I continue.  "To be frank...I need information.  Yes I'm potentially one of the most powerful beings in this dimension, but that's the key word, potentially.  To be perfectly frank and crude, I don't know my ass from a hole in the ground, pardon my language, and I need to learn everything I can about everyone I can, I need to learn who I can trust, who I can't, who can be brought to my side, who I need to avoid like the plague, who I need to appease and who I should just blast into oblivion if and when the time should come.  But unfortunately the people I have even an inkling of trust are on a very short list, your cousin the princess is one of them.  As your Seneschal of the palace, and one of the closest to the princess, I'd hope we could, if not be friends, at least have an alliance or even just a pact with each other.  I could use your help in the days ahead, but what could I offer in return for that?  I realize that as I'm the demon emperor I could just command but then I'd be learning to sleep with my eyes open with a knife under my pillow and a fireball ready in my hand.  I'd rather not have to do that."

"I take my position very seriously and my duty is to serve the royal house to the best of my abilities. Whatever duties you see fit to issue, I will see completed."

"Rome wasn't built in a day.  I won't learn this immediately either."  If anyone asks I explain what Rome was.  Not extensive but the jist of what she was.

"... The fuck is a Rome?"

:p

mithril-blade wrote:
Booyah, not impressive my foot!, How do you guys like them apple- Hold, I covered myself already, right? Sigh, missed chances...

You are the Demon King... - Page 19 Pup_tent

"Would you be actualy capable of innacting them though?"

She holds up her hand. A sphere of violet and black fire forms.

"Behave!"

She glares at the priest and snuffs it out.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun 17 on Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:35 pm

Psyckosama wrote:
She pauses. "Well, I see that while my plan failed due to their trickery, at least you still managed to find two subordinates that you find acceptable."

She peers down. "Though I am surprised that your lady would give you leave to engage in this foolish affair."

I reach out and lightly take the elder of the twins by the chin and turn her face towards me.
"More details you might have left out maybe?"

Silver Sun 17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:32 pm

Harem:

Household staff:
-Halfing Chef (pending)

Contacts:

Pending Events:
- clan meeting

Psyckosama wrote:Roll 2 d10s to see if your Macross Missile Massacre works.

Rollan.

"Be weary. It is easy for a unwary emperor to become compromised by their subordinates. I suggest you look up the 18th as a warning."

"Noted. But if I don't take the chance I'll become just another tyrant with an overblown ego and living in constant fear of his own shadow. I'd rather not use Palpatine as my role-model, thanks."

If you asked. "Last time I saw him he was running from the room screaming with fire shooting out of his mouth. I warned him, but he refused to listen."

The demon princess actually blinks. "How did you manage that?"

"He claimed that you should always taste your food, but I said that this was an exception to that rule and for good reason. I added a special ingredient."

The dragon princess smiles. "You've done wonderfully I must say. This is the richest heat I've ever had. Would you share the secret ingredient?"

"I put alchemical fireball potion into the curry as an additive and asked one of the maids if she'd be willing to give it a taste. They approved so here you go."

I suppose the halfing had more sense. That or there's a pile of ash somewhere and I'll need to find a new cook.
Rieverre
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:32 pm

The member 'Rieverre' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd10' : 10, 10

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:33 pm

Jesus fucking Christ, dice ...
Rieverre
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:23 pm

Psyckosama wrote:"I take my position very seriously and my duty is to serve the royal house to the best of my abilities. Whatever duties you see fit to issue, I will see completed."

I thank her for that and unless she feels there are any in the palace that could be immediate threats that she'd like to warn me of now, then I'll dismiss her and thank her for assuaging my concerns. Now on to the next agenda. Learning how to talk with the clan lords and not accidentally insulting them.

"... The fuck is a Rome?"

:p

"Ancient City that was the capital of one of the most successful military empires in my world's history. Famous for iron discipline of their heavy infantry, their enduring cities, and roads that connected to every settlement in the empire that are still partially in use today.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:29 pm

Silver Sun 17 wrote:I reach out and lightly take the elder of the twins by the chin and turn her face towards me.

They both share a look. The Dragon chuckles and cuts them off before they can reply.

"They are the Elite Commanders of the Oni Clans's principle armies. While technically they did not have to request the right to join this competition, doing so without their lady's agreement could be seen as something of an insult. Or a disgrace to the clan had they failed," she pauses, "Though at least they're competent. A higher grade than your standard handmaiden."

Harem:

Household staff:
-Halfing Chef (pending)

Contacts:

Pending Events:
- clan meeting

"Noted. But if I don't take the chance I'll become just another tyrant with an overblown ego and living in constant fear of his own shadow. I'd rather not use Palpatine as my role-model, thanks."

"Who?"

I suppose the halfing had more sense. That or there's a pile of ash somewhere and I'll need to find a new cook.

Or both. Or he's a better assasian than you first thought. Either way, by the standards of the demon world you keep what you kill is a thing...

Rieverre wrote:Jesus fucking Christ, dice ...

You blow yourself up. Not lethally but, well...you come to in great pain sitting in the middle of a crater.

"Are you an idiot?"

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:31 pm

Brian Boru wrote:I thank her for that and unless she feels there are any in the palace that could be immediate threats that she'd like to warn me of now, then I'll dismiss her and thank her for assuaging my concerns.  Now on to the next agenda.  Learning how to talk with the clan lords and not accidentally insulting them.

Actually, there is one thing. Her oath is to the royal line, not any one emperor. You will treat her cousin properly.

"Ancient City that was the capital of one of the most successful military empires in my world's history.  Famous for iron discipline of their heavy infantry, their enduring cities, and roads that connected to every settlement in the empire that are still partially in use today.

"Ah."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:08 pm

Psyckosama wrote:Rank: Emperor

Harem:

Household staff:
-Halfing Chef

Contacts:

Pending Events:
- clan meeting

"Who?"

"Character of a work of fiction back where I'm from. Managed to politic, backstab and subvert his way into ruling a vast empire. Was undone by overreliance on fear and hatred and his thinking he had his apprentice firmly under his thumb."

Or both. Or he's a better assasian than you first thought. Either way, by the standards of the demon world you keep what you kill is a thing...

By process of elimination, he's got the job.

At the very least, the Grand Princess liked the food. I'm going to consider this a win. What did he go with for dessert?

You blow yourself up. Not lethally but, well...you come to in great pain sitting in the middle of a crater.

"Are you an idiot?"

*koff*

"On occasion. Or there's some kind of fundamental flaw to how I'm trying to do this."

I'll probably spend the rest of the training session, and the ones after, working on the things that I did manage to do without blowing myself up. Shoring up basics and meditating, basically.

... what I'm doing wrong is likely something basic, simple, and so natural to the Demons that they're not even considering the possibility of someone messing it up. I'll go ahead, swallow my pride, and talk through what I'm doing when I try things out with the Handmaidens. And Ruby Eyes too, if she sticks around rather than huffing in disgust and leaving. Maybe that'll help me figure it out.
Rieverre
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun 17 on Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:56 pm

Psyckosama wrote:
Silver Sun 17 wrote:I reach out and lightly take the elder of the twins by the chin and turn her face towards me.

They both share a look. The Dragon chuckles and cuts them off before they can reply.

"They are the Elite Commanders of the Oni Clans's principle armies. While technically they did not have to request the right to join this competition, doing so without their lady's agreement could be seen as something of an insult. Or a disgrace to the clan had they failed," she pauses, "Though at least they're competent. A higher grade than your standard handmaiden."

"Interesting, I hope this won't cause trouble?" I glance sidelong at the twins.

Turning back to the dragon.
"I never did get a name or title to address you by."

Silver Sun 17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 30 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 24 ... 30  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum