Giant Stompy Robots
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

There is no Fire and Ice. There is only the Force.

+2
Rieverre
Psyckosama
6 posters

Page 11 of 17 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next

Go down

There is no Fire and Ice. There is only the Force. - Page 11 Empty Re: There is no Fire and Ice. There is only the Force.

Post by Psyckosama Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:45 pm

GundamChief wrote:He points out that he knows more about them then you do since you are a stranger to these lands, and that he's seen first hand what they do to any envoys that talk to them. They usually find what's left either nailed to a tree, or in the belly of some beast. If they wanted peace, they would have been receptive to it long ago.

"Jedi are very useful for dealing with such people. A wise man once said, speak softly and carry a bit stick. You shall go far. Jedi do both quite well... The republic has many a times had to deal with hostile tribesmen. They normally become much more open to negotiation after a display of power and ability..."

You get the impression it doesn't mind one way or the other.

Good. Because building an academy around a strong hearttree would help ground the students and the dark side cave I just created would be great for a test of spirit.

As you travel to Witnerfell, you face down a single problem, and it was more to do with the mud and terrain than any person. You get through it without a problem though.

Eventually you reach the misty fields of Winterfell. The architecture of the city itself reminds you a bit of Naboo, if it were more medieval.

I look over. "Your families city is beautiful. Reminds me of the city of Theed..."

"Very well"

Since I was invited to eat, I find my place and use the force to basically pick up plates of food to my location, use the force to cut parts of meat and so on off, scoop portions of vegi's and potatoes and so on, and pour some wine into my goblet, before setting them all back into their place.

Going for a very Harry Potter like feel with my actions.

Um, you're still int he court yard. Haven't made it to the kitchens yet... but assuming you make a display of telekinetic force...

She gives you a wide eyed look.

The boys are agape.

Robb points at your sword and asks. "Is that a magical sword too?"

Rieverre wrote:She already has one too many obsessed stalkers.

Being reminded of your hotter than hell master isn't obsessive... though Mira would be a bit older. Technically she probably hasn't aged much since she was in her early 30s. The force is awesome.

"Console yourself with the fact that one day you may have students of your own and will get the chance to kick this forward."

That seems to brighten her back up.

And it was as if a thousand padawns cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced...

Cool. After getting back I'll go ahead and pick up some whittling and woodworking tools. Then get on with making a test bokken for myself first. Preferably while meditating and 'listening to the wood'.

You get a fine bokken that is naturally resistant to damage due to the good qualities of the wood... and when you channel the force through it, it is like steel. It can cut if you wish it, or simply be an extremely powerful bludgeoning weapon...

"You fear being replaced. You resent the necessity of being sent away. You envy those being able to grow up around their birthright," I answer in a matter of-fact, completely deapan tone. "Shall I go on?"

He looks at you with fury. You can tell you hit EVERY button...

There is much anger in him...

Kid has potential... and is grasping for somewhere to belong. Make a good Mandalorian...

Psyckosama
Admin

https://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

There is no Fire and Ice. There is only the Force. - Page 11 Empty Re: There is no Fire and Ice. There is only the Force.

Post by GundamChief Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:13 pm

Psyckosama wrote:"Jedi are very useful for dealing with such people. A wise man once said, speak softly and carry a bit stick. You shall go far. Jedi do both quite well... The republic has many a times had to deal with hostile tribesmen. They normally become much more open to negotiation after a display of power and ability..."

Strength and power are all that they seem to understand. Again, it's not up to him. When you reach Winterfell, you and him will speak to Ned regarding things and will see what happens.

Good. Because building an academy around a strong heart tree would help ground the students and the dark side cave I just created would be great for a test of spirit.

If you mention this to Benjen, he mentions that Winterfell has a Godswood. That should be as good if not better since they, if they are in the force, and according to his beliefs, are the old gods, which means they are likely aware.

I look over. "Your families city is beautiful. Reminds me of the city of Theed..."

"One of the cities in the republic?"

[quote]Um, you're still int he court yard. Haven't made it to the kitchens yet... but assuming you make a display of telekinetic force...

She gives you a wide eyed look.

The boys are agape.

Robb points at your sword and asks. "Is that a magical sword too?"[quote]

I nod and draw it, making it come alight with the aquamarine color "It is called a Force Sword. It's a blade specifically made to channel and utilize the...magic...we jedi use."

With that I give a demonstration of the Ataru form, using the force for jumps and wall gripping and the like. By the time I'm finished, I think it will be more than evident that I am more than I seem.
GundamChief
GundamChief

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:34 pm

GundamChief wrote:Strength and power are all that they seem to understand. Again, it's not up to him. When you reach Winterfell, you and him will speak to Ned regarding things and will see what happens.

I simply nod. I understand the type.

If you mention this to Benjen, he mentions that Winterfell has a Godswood. That should be as good if not better since they, if they are in the force, and according to his beliefs, are the old gods, which means they are likely aware.

I do understand completely and it was more of me looking towards the future. My desire was that in the future it would be a good place to consider building a small praxeum if things work out in that manner.

"One of the cities in the republic?"

"Capitol of Naboo, one of the most beautiful regions of the republic."

So, moving on?

I nod and draw it, making it come alight with the aquamarine color "It is called a Force Sword. It's a blade specifically made to channel and utilize the...magic...we jedi use."

With that I give a demonstration of the Ataru form, using the force for jumps and wall gripping and the like. By the time I'm finished, I think it will be more than evident that I am more than I seem.

There's lots of oohs and ahs.

Ned and his Master at Arms seem to be following your movements closely...

A servant walks out to ned who nods and looks at the group. "Dinner is ready. We should eat..."

You're lead into the main hall where you find the family and the ranking men at arms settling in for a good hearty meal. Lots of game meat to be found.

At the main table you see Ned's family... and one obviously unrelated boy... all of whom are strong in the force.

His younger son is utterly dripping with the Living Force, though his power in general is more moderate but still extremely impressive. His eldest daughter is almost as strong as her brothers. His youngest daughter though is an easy match for her father in potential with only her bastard brother being stronger and only just. Even the baby's strong.

Then you see the non-stark, who is sensitive but while he is decent, he's doesn't have the sheer potential of the starks.

There is something strange with this family.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GundamChief Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:49 pm

Psyckosama wrote:I do understand completely and it was more of me looking towards the future. My desire was that in the future it would be a good place to consider building a small praxeum if things work out in that manner.

It's fine with that, and having a connection with you now, it seems to agree in the use to teach.

"Capitol of Naboo, one of the most beautiful regions of the republic."

So, moving on?

As you ride into Winterfell, the look now give way to typical medieval lifestyle, showing that it wasn't as pretty up close as from a distance.

It was still cool considering "Holy shit! Medieval Setting! Whee!"

Eventually you reach the corral and your horses are taken, and you are met by a young boy.

"Uncle!"

Benjen smiles and gives a hug to the boy "John Snow. Good to see you lad."

They break the hug and he looks at you "Who is this?"

There's lots of oohs and ahs.

Ned and his Master at Arms seem to be following your movements closely...

A servant walks out to ned who nods and looks at the group. "Dinner is ready. We should eat..."

You're lead into the main hall where you find the family and the ranking men at arms settling in for a good hearty meal. Lots of game meat to be found.

At the main table you see Ned's family... and one obviously unrelated boy... all of whom are strong in the force.

His younger son is utterly dripping with the Living Force, though his power in general is more moderate but still extremely impressive. His eldest daughter is almost as strong as her brothers. His youngest daughter though is an easy match for her father in potential with only her bastard brother being stronger and only just. Even the baby's strong.

Then you see the non-stark, who is sensitive but while he is decent, he's doesn't have the sheer potential of the starks.

There is something strange with this family.

I was wondering if the family I brought would have been invited. Good. One less thing to worry about.

I notice the force strength of them all and stare.

As an old, beloved turtle once said "There are no coincidences."

I greet everyone who says hello to me, and make sure the family I was with was treated well.

After the dinner, I see if I can speak with Ned again. If the arms master and whomever Ned trusts wants to listen, They can.
GundamChief
GundamChief

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:19 pm

GundamChief wrote:It's fine with that, and having a connection with you now, it seems to agree in the use to teach.

It has my thanks.

As you ride into Winterfell, the look now give way to typical medieval lifestyle, showing that it wasn't as pretty up close as from a distance.

My mind is already cataloging a list of suggestions to improve the standard of living among the people. First among them... sewers... and I'm sure an aquaduct would be possible as well to provide both running water and keep the gutters clear.

It was still cool considering "Holy shit! Medieval Setting! Whee!"

True.

Eventually you reach the corral and your horses are taken, and you are met by a young boy.

"Uncle!"

Benjen smiles and gives a hug to the boy "Jon Snow. Good to see you lad."

They break the hug and he looks at you "Who is this?"

"I am Jedi Master Psycko Sama. It is a pleasure to meet you, Jon Snow," I reply with a warm smile.

I look at the boy for a moment and raise an eyebrow before glancing to Benjen. "The Force runs strongly in your family."

I was wondering if the family I brought would have been invited. Good. One less thing to worry about.

They're given a table near the back. They're your students, but they're still unwashed peasants. Once they get bathes, some clothes, and taught some proper table manners they might be more welcome up front.

I notice the force strength of them all and stare.

"Is something the matter?" Ned asks.

As an old, beloved turtle once said "There are no coincidences."

Indeed.

I greet everyone who says hello to me, and make sure the family I was with was treated well.

They are, as mentioned above.

After the dinner, I see if I can speak with Ned again. If the arms master and whomever Ned trusts wants to listen, They can.

It's Ned, Cat, Rodrik Cassel (the Master at Arms), and Maester Luwin his castillian.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GundamChief Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:56 pm

Psyckosama wrote:My mind is already cataloging a list of suggestions to improve the standard of living among the people. First among them... sewers... and I'm sure an aquaduct would be possible as well to provide both running water and keep the gutters clear.

Considering the amount of work needed in an already existing infrastructure, and of course the already present crypts and possible underground passages in Winterfell, this might be more difficult to pull off than one would think.

"I am Jedi Master Psycko Sama. It is a pleasure to meet you, Jon Snow," I reply with a warm smile.

I look at the boy for a moment and raise an eyebrow before glancing to Benjen. "The Force runs strongly in your family."

Benjen just blinks while Jon gives a confused look.

"the what?"

"I'll tell you later jon. Go tell your father I'm here, with a friend."

He goes hesitantly. Ben leads you to the castle after the horses are taken care of and there you meet a man you see as familiar. Eddard Stark. Looks just like his TV counter pat Sean Bean. Sounds like him too.

He and Ben hug and greet before Ned looks over to you.

"This is your friend?"

"Yes brother. He's...interesting."

Ned walks up to you and you get a feel of his force. He was strong. Potentially a knight in strength right now. He just needs to be taught to use what he has.

"I welcome you to Winterfell. I am Eddard Stark."

They're given a table near the back. They're your students, but they're still unwashed peasants. Once they get bathes, some clothes, and taught some proper table manners they might be more welcome up front.

With the time and training I will have, that will come.

"Is something the matter?" Ned asks.

"No. Everything is fine."

It's Ned, Cat, Rodrik Cassel (the Master at Arms), and Maester Luwin his castillian.

"Well. I have to say Stark, you must have something in the water. I'll go into some details for the benefit for these three who are here now since they do not know what I speak of, but when a parent is strong in the Force, often times the children are also Force Sensitive. I had never seen a whole family who was force sensitive before, but the family I had brought with me was, hence why I allowed them to come with me. Now I have met a second family...yours. All of your children as rather strong, including the boy who is obviously not of your family."

this will mean a great deal to Ned, but not to the others. So I give them the same explanation I gave Eddard earlier, though hopefully Ned gives some points to make it more speedy a discussion using their culture to explain some things. I make sure to note to Cat that women are not only part of the order, but also some of the most powerful members and some have been leaders of the Jedi Council.

"Seeing how I have given my oath, I aim to keep it by extending the invitation to learn the ways of the Jedi and Force not only to you Eddard Stark, but to your family as well. All of them are strong...especially the youngest boy and the eldest and youngest daughters. I can see them becoming Knights...possibly a Master in the case of Bran...he's practically a beacon in the Living Force."
GundamChief
GundamChief

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:17 pm

GundamChief wrote:Considering the amount of work needed in an already existing infrastructure, and of course the already present crypts and possible underground passages in Winterfell, this might be more difficult to pull off than one would think.

Name one thing worth doing that was ever easy.

Benjen just blinks while Jon gives a confused look.

"the what?"

"I'll tell you later jon. Go tell your father I'm here, with a friend."

He goes hesitantly. Ben leads you to the castle after the horses are taken care of and there you meet a man you see as familiar. Eddard Stark. Looks just like his TV counter pat Sean Bean. Sounds like him too.

He and Ben hug and greet before Ned looks over to you.

"This is your friend?"

"Yes brother. He's...interesting."

Ned walks up to you and you get a feel of his force. He was strong. Potentially a knight in strength right now. He just needs to be taught to use what he has.

"I welcome you to Winterfell. I am Eddard Stark."

"I am Jedi Master Psycko Sama," I bow polity. "I accept your welcome with most gracious thanks, Lord Eddard. It is a pleasure to meet you."

I'm doing my best to radiate an aura of utter serenity and peace.

Honestly I'll let Benjen start this conversation. I'm not going to gloat about power, just explain when asked.

With the time and training I will have, that will come.

Very true.

"No. Everything is fine."

He nods.

"Well. I have to say Stark, you must have something in the water. I'll go into some details for the benefit for these three who are here now since they do not know what I speak of, but when a parent is strong in the Force, often times the children are also Force Sensitive. I had never seen a whole family who was force sensitive before, but the family I had brought with me was, hence why I allowed them to come with me. Now I have met a second family...yours. All of your children as rather strong, including the boy who is obviously not of your family."

Maester Luwin looks a little confused for a moment as he wasn't part of the original conversation.

Ned blinks. "My entire family can use this power?" Then he pauses and frowns, "And Theon Greyjoy can as well..."

this will mean a great deal to Ned, but not to the others. So I give them the same explanation I gave Eddard earlier, though hopefully Ned gives some points to make it more speedy a discussion using their culture to explain some things. I make sure to note to Cat that women are not only part of the order, but also some of the most powerful members and some have been leaders of the Jedi Council.

Luwin seems to be distrsuting. You can see that the idea of "magic" as a rule does not sit well with him.

All of them are a bit dicomforted by Theon's force sensitivity, while Cat is uncomfortable with the idea of her daughters joining some kind of warrior order.

"Seeing how I have given my oath, I aim to keep it by extending the invitation to learn the ways of the Jedi and Force not only to you Eddard Stark, but to your family as well. All of them are strong...especially the youngest boy and the eldest and youngest daughters. I can see them becoming Knights...possibly a Master in the case of Bran...he's practically a beacon in the Living Force."

Well, all of the children could become masters. Bran the youngest his force strength is actually less than his brother and sister, but his atunement to the living force is almost unnatural. Arya and Jon are simply really damned powerful.

He looks thoughtful for the moment then glances at you. "I will learn the basics of your art and watch you instruct your current students before I agree to you teaching my children."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GundamChief Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:24 am

Psyckosama wrote:Name one thing worth doing that was ever easy.

Breathing :p

"I am Jedi Master Psycko Sama," I bow polity. "I accept your welcome with most gracious thanks, Lord Eddard. It is a pleasure to meet you."

I'm doing my best to radiate an aura of utter serenity and peace.

Honestly I'll let Benjen start this conversation. I'm not going to gloat about power, just explain when asked.

Benjen takes it inside ad after you see the entry hall and halls that lead to the dining and training halls. They go down to Starks personal study where Benjen explains things and Ned listens patiently, at times showing doubt and surprise. When the portion about the tree and dragon comes, he's in awe and shock.

He looks at you at the end of it.

"So...not that I doubt my brother...but can you show me the use of this...force?"

Maester Luwin looks a little confused for a moment as he wasn't part of the original conversation.

Ned blinks. "My entire family can use this power?" Then he pauses and frowns, "And Theon Greyjoy can as well..."

Luwin seems to be distrsuting. You can see that the idea of "magic" as a rule does not sit well with him.

All of them are a bit dicomforted by Theon's force sensitivity, while Cat is uncomfortable with the idea of her daughters joining some kind of warrior order.

Well, all of the children could become masters. Bran the youngest his force strength is actually less than his brother and sister, but his atunement to the living force is almost unnatural. Arya and Jon are simply really damned powerful.

He looks thoughtful for the moment then glances at you. "I will learn the basics of your art and watch you instruct your current students before I agree to you teaching my children."

I nod "I understand, and agree with that. If I may ask, it seems you are all somewhat wary of the youngester, Theon, being force sensitive. May I know why that is?"

I already knew of course, but having their perspective would be interesting.
GundamChief
GundamChief

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:03 am

GundamChief wrote:Benjen takes it inside ad after you see the entry hall and halls that lead to the dining and training halls. They go down to Starks personal study where Benjen explains things and Ned listens patiently, at times showing doubt and surprise. When the portion about the tree and dragon comes, he's in awe and shock.

He looks at you at the end of it.

"So...not that I doubt my brother...but can you show me the use of this...force?"

I nod and summon something from across the hall to us.

"The force is a form of energy. It runs through the trees and the rocks, the air and the sky, through you and I. Life creates it, nurtures it. It holds the universe together. Some can with proper training and dedication learn to call on the force... and with the force as an ally wondrous things are possible...."

Said while floating an object before him before gingering placing it back where I found it.

"But with great power comes even greater responsibility. The Force is an amazing power and as such those who use it must do so wisely. It is for that reason the Jedi Knights were created. We use our powers not for personal gain, but to help others.... and for a thousand generations we have been the guardians of justice and peace in the republic sworn to the following oath, to the following creed.

Jedi are guardians of peace and justice.
Jedi use their powers to defend and protect, not to dominate others.
Jedi respect all life and all people, regardless of form or station.
Jedi serve others, rather than rule over them, for the good of all.
Jedi seek to improve themselves through knowledge and training.

And of course...

There is no emotion, there is peace.
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no passion, there is serenity.
There is no chaos, there is harmony.
There is no death, there is the Force.

If he'd like it I could explain them all in great detail. The code's always been open to interpenetration as long as one holds to the spirit of it.

And of course, if he'd like a more elaborate display of my ability I can do so.

I nod "I understand, and agree with that. If I may ask, it seems you are all somewhat wary of the youngester, Theon, being force sensitive. May I know why that is?"

I already knew of course, but having their perspective would be interesting.

They give you an overview of the Greyjoy rebellions and the Ironborn in general... the idea of a brutal, blood thirsty sea raiders with MAGICAL POWERS is a bit off putting.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GundamChief Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:47 am

Psyckosama wrote:I nod and summon something from across the hall to us.

"The force is a form of energy. It runs through the trees and the rocks, the air and the sky, through you and I. Life creates it, nurtures it. It holds the universe together. Some can with proper training and dedication learn to call on the force... and with the force as an ally wondrous things are possible...."

Said while floating an object before him before gingering placing it back where I found it.

"But with great power comes even greater responsibility. The Force is an amazing power and as such those who use it must do so wisely. It is for that reason the Jedi Knights were created. We use our powers not for personal gain, but to help others.... and for a thousand generations we have been the guardians of justice and peace in the republic sworn to the following oath, to the following creed.

Jedi are guardians of peace and justice.
   Jedi use their powers to defend and protect, not to dominate others.
   Jedi respect all life and all people, regardless of form or station.
   Jedi serve others, rather than rule over them, for the good of all.
   Jedi seek to improve themselves through knowledge and training.

And of course...

There is no emotion, there is peace.
   There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
   There is no passion, there is serenity.
   There is no chaos, there is harmony.
   There is no death, there is the Force.

If he'd like it I could explain them all in great detail. The code's always been open to interpenetration as long as one holds to the spirit of it.

And of course, if he'd like a more elaborate display of my ability I can do so.

"...I would like to see and hear more. You say that you are knights. Can you show me how you fight?"

He takes you out to the courtyard to see you do some forms if you allow it.

They give you an overview of the Greyjoy rebellions and the Ironborn in general... the idea of a brutal, blood thirsty sea raiders with MAGICAL POWERS is a bit off putting.

I nod at that "I can more than understand those fears. As Lord Stark has said however, I will be teaching him and those I have already accepted. So that worry shall be for a future time if it comes at all."

I stand up "Though the teaching of the force will be more or less for those I choose alone, I will also teach the history of the Order, the Republic, and other things as I get acclimated to this new land. Those three things anyone is free to learn should they feel inclined to do so."

"In the mean time, I will need to do some things before I start. I'll need to find a place for the family to stay, as well as for myself. In the future I may save whatever I earn to eventually construct a Jedi hall or enclave. Otherwise...I'm as prepared as I can be to begin teaching."

Perhaps a time skip at this point?

If so, I train Stark, the members of the family, keeping the parents in the loop and teaching them minor things, such as etiquette, sanitation and so on.

I also keep an ear out for banditry problems where rewards are mentioned, though I handle them as often as I need to, such as where the enemy force is too dangerous or numerous. I also heal, help with the common people in everyday lives, and settle disputes the best I can unless they require Stark to handle.

In the mean time, since I am in a Medieval setting, I slowly introduce certain things that would make lives easier. Such as sanitation, the understanding of germs, and how they can make people sick. Just basic things before I start giving more advanced things like steam power and gun powder.
GundamChief
GundamChief

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:14 am

GundamChief wrote:"...I would like to see and hear more. You say that you are knights. Can you show me how you fight?"

"Knight is the approximate translation," I reply, "And it would be my honor. I'll need a great deal of logs to serve as targets though."

He takes you out to the courtyard to see you do some forms if you allow it.

I go utterly wild, I work my way through the 7 forms and the three rings of defense using my magic sword to basically make them enough firewood to heat the damned castle for week while demonstrating my skill with a blade. All the while explaining my moves and the nature of each style.

The scary thing is, after flipping around, jumping, cutting logs from trees you could probably wrap your arm around in half and all that... I've been pacing myself and fueling myself with the force so I've barely built up a sweat.

"Does this meet your satisfaction, lord Eddard?"

I glance over to the servants loading the huge pike of wood into a cart. "Please, allow me."

The wood lifts up and moves into the cart via telekinetic force.

I nod at that "I can more than understand those fears. As Lord Stark has said however, I will be teaching him and those I have already accepted. So that worry shall be for a future time if it comes at all."

Ned's satisfied with that.

I stand up "Though the teaching of the force will be more or less for those I choose alone, I will also teach the history of the Order, the Republic, and other things as I get acclimated to this new land. Those three things anyone is free to learn should they feel inclined to do so."

the Maester is interested in knowing about your lands... and the order.

"In the mean time, I will need to do some things before I start. I'll need to find a place for the family to stay, as well as for myself. In the future I may save whatever I earn to eventually construct a Jedi hall or enclave. Otherwise...I'm as prepared as I can be to begin teaching."

For the time being he'll give you housing in the castle.

Perhaps a time skip at this point?

Less a timeskip and more... less liner. Basically multiple things at once over an unset amount of time

If so, I train Stark, the members of the family, keeping the parents in the loop and teaching them minor things, such as etiquette, sanitation and so on.

Well, you find the family and the stark children get along... with Arya multiple times trying to skip her own lessons to spy on yours.

I also keep an ear out for banditry problems where rewards are mentioned,

the area in the direct area of winterfel is reasonably clear... for obvious reasons.

though I handle them as often as I need to, such as where the enemy force is too dangerous or numerous.

Being the north though there are the occasional reports and rumors you hear of animal attacks though...

I also heal, help with the common people in everyday lives,

You travel out among the smallfolk looking for the sick and the injured and in the meantime... roll 3d100.

Anyways, you quickly become almost a living figure of legend among them, what with your amazing powers... some even are beginning to think you're a greenseer and you get a lot of questions about who and what you are. The story of the Jedi is beginning to spread.

At one point the septa from the castle wishes to watch you work

and settle disputes the best I can unless they require Stark to handle.

I'm assuming you ask Ned first as its his lands. But if you do, he's happy to let you handle some of the problems that don't need his attention. Such as traveling amongst the smallfolk as seems to be your inclination and putting petty disputes to rest.

again, 3d100.

In the mean time, since I am in a Medieval setting, I slowly introduce certain things that would make lives easier. Such as sanitation, the understanding of germs, and how they can make people sick. Just basic things before I start giving more advanced things like steam power and gun powder.

This interests the HELL out of the Maester who is also a healer. He's VERY interested in the medical knowledge of your people...

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:21 am

Psyckosama wrote:Being reminded of your hotter than hell master isn't obsessive... though Mira would be a bit older. Technically she probably hasn't aged much since she was in her early 30s. The force is awesome.

Pity Ned's likely to outlive her by a considerable margin now ... though I suppose the Force works in mysterious ways and if he has a harmonious marriage, some of the mojo may rub off on her via osmosis ...

*deliberately ignores the phrasing of what he just said*

You get a fine bokken that is naturally resistant to damage due to the good qualities of the wood... and when you channel the force through it, it is like steel. It can cut if you wish it, or simply be an extremely powerful bludgeoning weapon...

Channeling concussive force through it is likely to work too. There was a technique like that during the Galactic War and a large part of doing stuff with the Force is being certain that this stuff can be done.

Now, how do I ask my students if they have any experience with woodworking with a straight face ...

Anyway, yes, I demonstrate the effectiveness of the training weapon during the next morning's spar.

He looks at you with fury. You can tell you hit EVERY button...

There is much anger in him...

Kid has potential... and is grasping for somewhere to belong. Make a good Mandalorian...

Once someone hammers out the stupid.

For a minute there, I'm really way too tempted to start training a Sith apprentice.

"Return when you have figured out why it is you wish to learn, and we can work from there," I tell him instead.

Besides, Canderous, by that reasoning Jon would make a good Mandalorian as well. ^^
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:27 am

Rieverre wrote:Pity Ned's likely to outlive her by a considerable margin now ... though I suppose the Force works in mysterious ways and if he has a harmonious marriage, some of the mojo may rub off on her via osmosis ...

*deliberately ignores the phrasing of what he just said*

There's a reason attachment is frowned upon...

He's a big boy. He'll move on.

Channeling concussive force through it is likely to work too. There was a technique like that during the Galactic War and a large part of doing stuff with the Force is being certain that this stuff can be done.

Now, how do I ask my students if they have any experience with woodworking with a straight face ...

Not really. Ned, Jon, and Robb have done a little whittling here and there... its something men of the north take to well, but not seriously. Why?

Anyway, yes, I demonstrate the effectiveness of the training weapon during the next morning's spar.

Ned watchs you cleave a straw dummy in half before cracking a shield with a second hit and asks. "And this is your idea of a training weapon?"

Once someone hammers out the stupid.

That's obviously part of becoming a Mandalorian

For a minute there, I'm really way too tempted to start training a Sith apprentice.

Yes! Yes! Embrace that feeling... abandon the weak path of the Jedi...

Oh... not YOU!

Well isn't this interesting...

"Return when you have figured out why it is you wish to learn, and we can work from there," I tell him instead.

He frowns and walks away. Probably to bug Robb and Jon and find out what you want to hear.

Besides, Canderous, by that reasoning Jon would make a good Mandalorian as well. ^^

You can almost FEEL his grin. The girl too.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:15 pm

Psyckosama wrote:There's a reason attachment is frowned upon...

He's a big boy. He'll move on.

Through the Force all things are possible.

Not really. Ned, Jon, and Robb have done a little whittling here and there... its something men of the north take to well, but not seriously. Why?

Well, they might as well make their training weapons by themselves. Pick the piece of wood that feels most appropriate, feel the grain, etc.

Ned watchs you cleave a straw dummy in half before cracking a shield with a second hit and asks. "And this is your idea of a training weapon?"

"Against another Force User and if you deliberately encourage the weapon to act like this, yes," I tap my own arm and a training dummy with the bokken, not augmenting it. "To do what I just did, more than a bit of control is required, and the result needs to be deliberate. Otherwise, you'll just get a blunt impact."

Yes! Yes! Embrace that feeling... abandon the weak path of the Jedi...

Yeeeah, no, starting off with _that_ just about disqualified you out of hand. Kaan wouldn't have been this anxious and desperate. Barras and Zash never actually did much outright technique teaching. And Revan wouldn't have called it weak.

Oh... not YOU!

Well isn't this interesting...

Not really. I'll just ignore him until he goes away.

He frowns and walks away. Probably to bug Robb and Jon and find out what you want to hear.

He'll find out sooner or later that I can tell if he's lying anyway. ^^

You can almost FEEL his grin. The girl too.

Maybe. Arya seems fairly satisfied with just being a Jedi at this point. If she asks for more, I'll teach her.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:57 pm

Rieverre wrote:Through the Force all things are possible.

Yep.

Well, they might as well make their training weapons by themselves. Pick the piece of wood that feels most appropriate, feel the grain, etc.

They need direction but... all three of them meditate then choose a piece.

"Against another Force User and if you deliberately encourage the weapon to act like this, yes," I tap my own arm and a training dummy with the bokken, not augmenting it. "To do what I just did, more than a bit of control is required, and the result needs to be deliberate. Otherwise, you'll just get a blunt impact."

"I see." he nods to one of the guards and holds out his hand. He's given the man's sword. "Lets see how well an enhanced blade stocks up against steel. Just a couple crosses of the blades. Better learn now than in the heat of battle."

Yeeeah, no, starting off with _that_ just about disqualified you out of hand. Kaan wouldn't have been this anxious and desperate. Barras and Zash never actually did much outright technique teaching. And Revan wouldn't have called it weak.

Bah. Pathetic Jedi. I offer you power beyond your imagination and you dismiss it so foolishly...

Not really. I'll just ignore him until he goes away.

*cough* Ahem... This is the song that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because...

He'll find out sooner or later that I can tell if he's lying anyway. ^^

Heh.

Maybe. Arya seems fairly satisfied with just being a Jedi at this point. If she asks for more, I'll teach her.

She has the spark. That's for sure...

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:51 am

Psyckosama wrote:"I see." he nods to one of the guards and holds out his hand. He's given the man's sword. "Lets see how well an enhanced blade stocks up against steel. Just a couple crosses of the blades. Better learn now than in the heat of battle."

I offer a salute and start with Form III, directing a steady stream of Force to flow through my new weapon. I'm equally interested in how this turns out, and sparring with Ned is usually a lot of fun anyway.

Bah. Pathetic Jedi. I offer you power beyond your imagination and you dismiss it so foolishly...

Power I take no issue with. Your heavy handed attempt at convincing me, though ... please tell me that's not the best you can do. Seriously, with my luck you're some penny-ante Baneite where I was hoping for Traya.

*cough* Ahem... This is the song that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because...

Is _that_ the way you want to play it? Fine.

Put the lime in the coconut and drink it all up
You put the lime in the coconut and drink it all up
You put the lime in the coconut and call the doctor woke him up

She has the spark. That's for sure...

And I'll see where nurturing that spark takes her, but unless she makes the decision herself it won't really be all that meaningful.

As a bit of a side project, I'll speak with the Starks' Maester, see if I don't have any non-Jedi specific knowledge that could help with things around Winterfell. I mean, we're far enough North to have no trouble in getting ice, so at the very least pasteurization should be possible.^^ Plus I should ask if they've figured out four field rotation and terrace farming.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:56 am

Rieverre wrote:I offer a salute and start with Form III, directing a steady stream of Force to flow through my new weapon. I'm equally interested in how this turns out, and sparring with Ned is usually a lot of fun anyway.

The sword handles pretty well against live steel. You see a couple minor nicks and dents in it, but honestly it wouldn't have faired any better in a serious spar between bokken armed opponents. In fact, even a steel sword against steel would have shown some damage. It seems to do the job quite nicely.

Power I take no issue with. Your heavy handed attempt at convincing me, though ... please tell me that's not the best you can do. Seriously, with my luck you're some penny-ante Baneite where I was hoping for Traya.

Oh, he's not a penny-ante Baneite, he's the penny-ante Baneite... isn't that right, 'Chancellor'...

Is _that_ the way you want to play it? Fine.

Put the lime in the coconut and drink it all up
You put the lime in the coconut and call the doctor woke him up

So, you're trying to annoy him into falling to the Dark Side...

And I'll see where nurturing that spark takes her, but unless she makes the decision herself it won't really be all that meaningful.

Of course. Though if this was later in those books, I'd have found some way to manifest physically and beat you if you didn't.

As a bit of a side project, I'll speak with the Starks' Maester, see if I don't have any non-Jedi specific knowledge that could help with things around Winterfell. I mean, we're far enough North to have no trouble in getting ice, so at the very least pasteurization should be possible.^^ Plus I should ask if they've figured out four field rotation and terrace farming.

Honestly, you start talking... he starts writing. Luwin here is the Castilian of Winterfell and thus is a couple steps up from a common Maester.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GundamChief Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:13 pm

Psyckosama wrote:"Knight is the approximate translation," I reply, "And it would be my honor. I'll need a great deal of logs to serve as targets though."

Fortunately, there are several logs around.

I go utterly wild, I work my way through the 7 forms and the three rings of defense using my magic sword to basically make them enough firewood to heat the damned castle for week while demonstrating my skill with a blade. All the while explaining my moves and the nature of each style.

The scary thing is, after flipping around, jumping, cutting logs from trees you could probably wrap your arm around in half and all that... I've been pacing myself and fueling myself with the force so I've barely built up a sweat.

"Does this meet your satisfaction, lord Eddard?"

I glance over to the servants loading the huge pike of wood into a cart. "Please, allow me."

The wood lifts up and moves into the cart via telekinetic force.

it wasn't too long after you start that he goes from shock, to awe, to focused. He watches you very closely as you go through your forms, and use of the force.

Eventually as you finish, and give the logs to the people, Stark merely nods with a "not bad" look on his face.

"Most impressive Ser jedi. So, now that you have reached Winterfell, what are your intentions from here?"

the Maester is interested in knowing about your lands... and the order.

He is more than welcome to come and ask questions.

For the time being he'll give you housing in the castle.

That is very hospitable, and I thank him.

Well, you find the family and the stark children get along... with Arya multiple times trying to skip her own lessons to spy on yours.

I notice, and I doubt Ned hasn't either. I don't mind if she watches. I do observe how they interact, and get a feel for how they deal with each other.

Being the north though there are the occasional reports and rumors you hear of animal attacks though...

With permission, I look into that. Animals can be problems too.

You travel out among the smallfolk looking for the sick and the injured and in the meantime... roll 3d100.

Anyways, you quickly become almost a living figure of legend among them, what with your amazing powers... some even are beginning to think you're a greenseer and you get a lot of questions about who and what you are. The story of the Jedi is beginning to spread.

At one point the septa from the castle wishes to watch you work

GundamChief carried out 3 launched of one d100 :
80 , 39 , 17

I give basic answers about who and what I am, as well as where I hail from but not where the Republic is compared to where I currently am aside from "probably the other side of the world as far as I know right now."

as for the Septa, I have no problems with that...but considering they are teachers of etiquette, I don't see what they would learn exactly...unless it's how to deal with people as...okay I can see where they are going.

I'm assuming you ask Ned first as its his lands. But if you do, he's happy to let you handle some of the problems that don't need his attention. Such as traveling amongst the smallfolk as seems to be your inclination and putting petty disputes to rest.

again, 3d100.

GundamChief carried out 3 launched of one d100 :
62 , 25 , 16

That reminds me...I should definately check up on the laws just to have the basics so I don't start a fued.

Otherwise, yes I do ask for permission, and it is for the lesser problems that need resolving for the harmony of the community and the people in it.

No need to have a feud over a goat that happened to give birth to kids on someone else's property, and how those young ones are now that other man's. Stupid things like that.

This interests the HELL out of the Maester who is also a healer. He's VERY interested in the medical knowledge of your people...

I'm sure he is. To give him what I know from my world however would blow his mind, Jedi knowledge...yeah no.

I'll look over what his people basically know, and fill in the gaps as to the how's and why's. Then expand that with the next level of knowledge.

As for what he wants to know specifically, I let him know that The republic has been forced to advance in quite a few areas duet the constant chaos throughout its history. Jedi would likely not need to exist if it were more peaceful.

I begin teaching Ned and the Family the basics of the Jedi, and the Force.
GundamChief
GundamChief

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:26 pm

GundamChief wrote:Fortunately, there are several logs around.

Very good.

it wasn't too long after you start that he goes from shock, to awe, to focused. He watches you very closely as you go through your forms, and use of the force.

I admit I do ham it up a bit. I'm showing a sample of what a Jedi could do. If we were in an area with things he didn't mind broken I'd show him what a jedi could really do to the country side...

Eventually as you finish, and give the logs to the people, Stark merely nods with a "not bad" look on his face.

"Most impressive Ser jedi. So, now that you have reached Winterfell, what are your intentions from here?"

"To teach, to protect, and to aid those in need. To act in accordance with the code."

Alex

He is more than welcome to come and ask questions.

And he asks MANY.

That is very hospitable, and I thank him.

He nods.

You get the feeling he's doing it in part to keep you where he can watch you.

I notice, and I doubt Ned hasn't either. I don't mind if she watches. I do observe how they interact, and get a feel for how they deal with each other.

They love each other. And Ned is VERY concerned for her wellbeing... and there is a little guilt there

With permission, I look into that. Animals can be problems too.

Go ahead.

I give basic answers about who and what I am, as well as where I hail from but not where the Republic is compared to where I currently am aside from "probably the other side of the world as far as I know right now."

as for the Septa, I have no problems with that...but considering they are teachers of etiquette, I don't see what they would learn exactly...unless it's how to deal with people as...okay I can see where they are going.

She's a priestess first.

Anyways, she breaks out into frenzied prayer when you're brought in to deal with a man on the very edge of death, reacked with a horrible hacking infection. She was ready to give him last rights... then you basically healed him to the point he was able to stand up and leave under his own power...

That reminds me...I should definately check up on the laws just to have the basics so I don't start a fued.

Actually you get the reputation as a strong and honorable judge of men who is both incorruptible and always unerringly fair.

Otherwise, yes I do ask for permission, and it is for the lesser problems that need resolving for the harmony of the community and the people in it.

And its granted.

No need to have a feud over a goat that happened to give birth to kids on someone else's property, and how those young ones are now that other man's. Stupid things like that.

You do get a couple of those... you talk them down rather calmly and make them look like fools for trying.

I'm sure he is. To give him what I know from my world however would blow his mind, Jedi knowledge...yeah no.

I'll look over what his people basically know, and fill in the gaps as to the how's and why's. Then expand that with the next level of knowledge.

As for what he wants to know specifically, I let him know that The republic has been forced to advance in quite a few areas duet the constant chaos throughout its history. Jedi would likely not need to exist if it were more peaceful.

Consider his mind blown.

I begin teaching Ned and the Family the basics of the Jedi, and the Force.

Ned starts off calmly and does well. As does the father of the family. The mother does decide to learn what she can. The daughter has some problems properly clearing her mind as does the older son. They both seem to have a major hero worship thing going that will sometimes distract them. The younger son though is an adapt student.

Manwhile the stark children seem to be getting along with them, but you can tell that Cat while she knows what and why they're here for, part of her upbrining is nagging about having peasants in the castle playing with her children as near equals.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GundamChief Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:38 pm

Psyckosama wrote:I admit I do ham it up a bit. I'm showing a sample of what a Jedi could do. If we were in an area with things he didn't mind broken I'd show him what a jedi could really do to the country side...

"To teach, to protect, and to aid those in need. To act in accordance with the code."

With that in mind he asks you to accompany him inside so you can explain what that will entail.

"So you will...basically be some form of protector?

===

Alex

===

And he asks MANY.

And I answer many in a way that fits with this world I live in, while keeping it Star Wars.

He nods.

You get the feeling he's doing it in part to keep you where he can watch you.

Of course he is. There is a general rule that the more advanced a society is, the more complicated politics get.

It's pretty easy to see through his reasons, and I don't mind really as it gives me what I want essentially.

I make sure the family settles in well enough.

Go ahead.

Then I do.

What are my results? :p

She's a priestess first.

Anyways, she breaks out into frenzied prayer when you're brought in to deal with a man on the very edge of death, reacked with a horrible hacking infection. She was ready to give him last rights... then you basically healed him to the point he was able to stand up and leave under his own power...

If she asks, I explain a bit about the force and say "Your gods, as well as that of many other pantheons live within the force. They walk in the force as you walk through the forest of leaves and trees. We Jedi...are simply able to use the Force and gain a glimpse into this realm, and often become part of it through our union while we live, as opposed to when we leave this world as all eventually do."

Actually you get the reputation as a strong and honorable judge of men who is both incorruptible and always unerringly fair.

As I aim to be.

You do get a couple of those... you talk them down rather calmly and make them look like fools for trying.

ugh. I bet Stark is happy...

Ned starts off calmly and does well. As does the father of the family. The mother does decide to learn what she can. The daughter has some problems properly clearing her mind as does the older son. They both seem to have a major hero worship thing going that will sometimes distract them. The younger son though is an adapt student.

Manwhile the stark children seem to be getting along with them, but you can tell that Cat while she knows what and why they're here for, part of her upbringing is nagging about having peasants in the castle playing with her children as near equals.

If she talks to me, I use Jedi Wisdom about how children are children and status is not as important to them as friendships and experiences are, as they shape what kind of people we eventually become. Also that they will always be her children and she will always be their loving and protective mother, but children must not be stifled, or it just amounts to living in a gilded cage. I am willing to bet she has poeple from her past she wished she was friends with but was not due to "status" and position.

If it becomes a bad thing, then such relationships must be curbed...but only when that is the case. Plus from a political standpoint, rulers who lived and worked, and as children played and talked to the people they ultimately not only rule over but are servants to, have always been better for it.
GundamChief
GundamChief

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:34 am

GundamChief wrote:With that in mind he asks you to accompany him inside so you can explain what that will entail.

"So you will...basically be some form of protector?

"Yes," I reply clearly. "I will of course try and work with local authorities as closely as possible, though I will admit that might not always be easy. I've heard how you aided the current king in rising up against a Tyrant. Jedi sometimes are called upon to make similar choices as we are sworn to fight for justice, not the law. It's a distinction I am sure you understand all too well. I am telling you this because I have no desire to lie to you. Because among our abilities is the ability to see into the hearts of others. To sense their feelings and understand their character... and you Eddard Stark are truly and without reservation, a good and noble man. I've met few without Jedi training whose spirits resonate as strongly or as purely within the Light. And that's why I'd like to extend the same offer I made to your brother to you."

I smile, "If you wish to learn, I will teach you the way of the Jedi, as I will to any other person of character who is willing to take up this mantle of responsibility."

Alex

And I answer many in a way that fits with this world I live in, while keeping it Star Wars.

He needs MORE BOOKS!

Of course he is. There is a general rule that the more advanced a society is, the more complicated politics get.

It's pretty easy to see through his reasons, and I don't mind really as it gives me what I want essentially.

I make sure the family settles in well enough.

And he knows you know. You two are both honorable men who are aware of the realpolitik of the situation and are comfortable to work in each others presence because you know that the other will act honorably.

Honestly, it's rather refreshing isn't it? Politics that doesn't tempt you with giving in the Dark Side.

Then I do.

What are my results? :p

Jedi Master vs. Wildlife... do I really need to go into detail about this one?

Fine, gimme 2d10...

If she asks, I explain a bit about the force and say "Your gods, as well as that of many other pantheons live within the force. They walk in the force as you walk through the forest of leaves and trees. We Jedi...are simply able to use the Force and gain a glimpse into this realm, and often become part of it through our union while we live, as opposed to when we leave this world as all eventually do."

Now she simply looks awed. "You are truly a blessed order to be trusted with such powers and..." when you mention that you can become one with the force he eyes go wide. "Are you telling me than on death, you will pass into the realms of the gods themselves? Have you... any evidence of this?"

You can tell she's half wanting to scream blasphemy. But the fact you are... well... obviously this blessed in a power that can only be divine in its origin, she's willing to listen and trust a reasonable explanation.

As I aim to be.

Honestly the locals are all but fawning over you at this point. It's come out that you're teaching Lord Stark your arts and you've pretty much established a reputation as a figure who's basically a shining paragon of goodness. The people love you.

ugh. I bet Stark is happy...

Honestly you're starting to think he's dumping the most obnoxious duties off on you... Wink

If she talks to me, I use Jedi Wisdom about how children are children and status is not as important to them as friendships and experiences are, as they shape what kind of people we eventually become.

She after a couple moments nods and reluctantly admits that you are correct. She knows it was true, but old memories are hard to dismiss. She was raised under the specter of responsibility. She always had her duty to her house, even in childhood. She was to be a good and obedient daughter and marry well. And she did.

Also that they will always be her children and she will always be their loving and protective mother, but children must not be stifled, or it just amounts to living in a gilded cage. I am willing to bet she has poeple from her past she wished she was friends with but was not due to "status" and position.

This actually gets her to look thoughtful for a moment and she looks at the playing children ruefully. The she smiles and asks are all Jedi this wise?

If it becomes a bad thing, then such relationships must be curbed...but only when that is the case. Plus from a political standpoint, rulers who lived and worked, and as children played and talked to the people they ultimately not only rule over but are servants to, have always been better for it.

He smile fades a little but she sees the truth in what you are saying.

Now if you excuse her, she needs to speak to her husband.

The next day she questions you again. She asks what will become of her children should she and ned agree to allow them to be trained?

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GundamChief Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:51 am

Psyckosama wrote:"Yes," I reply clearly. "I will of course try and work with local authorities as closely as possible, though I will admit that might not always be easy. I've heard how you aided the current king in rising up against a Tyrant. Jedi sometimes are called upon to make similar choices as we are sworn to fight for justice, not the law. It's a distinction I am sure you understand all too well. I am telling you this because I have no desire to lie to you. Because among our abilities is the ability to see into the hearts of others. To sense their feelings and understand their character... and you Eddard Stark are truly and without reservation, a good and noble man. I've met few without Jedi training whose spirits resonate as strongly or as purely within the Light. And that's why I'd like to extend the same offer I made to your brother to you."

I smile, "If you wish to learn, I will teach you the way of the Jedi, as I will to any other person of character who is willing to take up this mantle of responsibility."

You can feel intimidation at some of your words, and he has lingering doubts.

"...I cannot give such an answer so quickly."

He pauses and rubs his chin as he thinks. He looks you right in the eye for a few moments before sighing "Alright...I'll allow this...but if you do so, then you must give me your word that you will abide by the laws and ways of this land in how you act, and that you intend no ill will to those under my protection. As for the teaching...Benjen is his own man, but he is also a man of the black watch. He has his own duties that he made an oath to follow, and he must do that. If you wish to teach him, then perhaps you might think of going to the Wall. they can always use good men. As for myself...if I am to teach, then I need to see you act as you say before I make a decision. If I am satisfied that your intentions are pure, then I will be glad to learn your ways."

===

Alex

===

He needs MORE BOOKS!

I can only Chuckle. It's alot to take in.

When history gets to this point..I look forward to saying-

"Alright...today in history...we talk about the Mandalorian Wars."

And he knows you know. You two are both honorable men who are aware of the realpolitik of the situation and are comfortable to work in each others presence because you know that the other will act honorably.

Honestly, it's rather refreshing isn't it? Politics that doesn't tempt you with giving in the Dark Side.

I can agree. There are not many men like Stark. The King is "generally" like this as well, but he is embittered by the court in Kings landing...where backstabbing politics are still running thick.

Still...I have to be glad the politics are not Byzantine/Machiavellian in their nature. I don't think I can handle that level of backstabbing.

Jedi Master vs. Wildlife... do I really need to go into detail about this one?

Fine, gimme 2d10...

you made it sound like they were mega fauna...:p

GundamChief carried out 2 launched of one d100 :
94 , 68

Now she simply looks awed. "You are truly a blessed order to be trusted with such powers and..." when you mention that you can become one with the force he eyes go wide. "Are you telling me than on death, you will pass into the realms of the gods themselves? Have you... any evidence of this?"

You can tell she's half wanting to scream blasphemy. But the fact you are... well... obviously this blessed in a power that can only be divine in its origin, she's willing to listen and trust a reasonable explanation.

I can do one better. I can show her right now. If she allows it.

I sit down and take her hands into mine, and ask her to close her eyes. I focus and meditate, and help her into the same state, and together, I lead and act as a tether, and allow her to look into the force. I make sure that she isn't overwhelmed.

In this I explain "We are not gods...we are like fishermen of the sea, you and I. The Jedi however are able to dive into the sea and for a time become one with it...and eventually as some of us gain strength, can join with it. We do not become gods, but mere spirits in the force, like fish in the sea. The gods are like the whales and Kraken, lords of the deep, and separate from us, but able to influence and awe us with their majesty and power, be that used for good or ill."

If a godswood or lifetree is around, I direct her to that. "And there are some of who dwell in the force as they were born from it who dwell within our world."

After showing her the realm of the "gods"

"Only those of us who are the most disciplined, and knowledgeable of the force actually may become one with it. For the rest of us...we merely swim when we can."

"Also, I must point out...all of us, not just Jedi, all that live are part of the force in some way. That part of us returns to it wen we die. So even if you were to fade from this world tomorrow, the memories of you will live on, and from those memories, and from that part of you that is part of the force, you will in a way, continue to exist even after death."

Thus I say the portion of the code which I'm sure she has heard from me.

"There is no death, there is the Force."

A part of me feels slightly guilty, due to my upbringing in my original world.

If people of my world were given absolute proof that there was some form of life after death? Many would break down and weep in joy knowing they would still exist.

I get the feeling, that although the afterlife might be more excepted here, that such knowledge would be such a wake up call for many who have doubts. Even those who believe.

Honestly the locals are all but fawning over you at this point. It's come out that you're teaching Lord Stark your arts and you've pretty much established a reputation as a figure who's basically a shining paragon of goodness. The people love you.

I won't let it go to my head. But being Validated feels really good.

I'll continue doing this.

Honestly you're starting to think he's dumping the most obnoxious duties off on you... Wink

Pray for the best, expect the worst. Of course he is -_-

Oh well...I brought it upon myself.

Still, I wonder how I am seen by the court. Having shorter hours must make them happy at least.

She after a couple moments nods and reluctantly admits that you are correct. She knows it was true, but old memories are hard to dismiss. She was raised under the specter of responsibility. She always had her duty to her house, even in childhood. She was to be a good and obedient daughter and marry well. And she did.

I should tell her of a portion of my real life some time, and how living obediently is not always for the best...

This actually gets her to look thoughtful for a moment and she looks at the playing children ruefully. The she smiles and asks are all Jedi this wise?

Only the ones who live longest, or fail the most and learn from those failures.

He smile fades a little but she sees the truth in what you are saying.

Now if you excuse her, she needs to speak to her husband.

The next day she questions you again. She asks what will become of her children should she and ned agree to allow them to be trained?

Were they back in the Republic, it would be recommended that they be taken to the Jedi Academy and given tutelage among their peers until they master the force. they would become Jedi, or powerful users of the force with the noble morals that are taught in its use.

But since we are not in the republic, Thy would remain here under my tutelage, and be home with you and Ned, thus you would be able to share in their successes and failures, and watch as they progress. They would learn that with great power, comes great responsibility, and be instilled with the necessary morals to use that power correctly. They would gain an education that normally is not offered anywhere else, even the republic lacks this except in the most urbanized locations. They would also be the ones who learn more about the lands where I come from, and its history and why the Jedi are part of it.

I will not sugar coat it however, while more good comes out of this, if she has paid attention to some of my teachings to the family and Ned, then she knows about the Darkside.

there are dangers with power, fear, jealousy, greed, hate. these things, along with normal life, with bring their trials. I would be there to make sure it turned out for the best, but with everything in life there is always risk.

In the end, her children, as well as Ned, and the family, will become Westeros's first Jedi. They will be strong, honorable, and if my actions have been seen by her as it has with the people, than her realm will be the most peaceful, and possibly the happiest one these lands will ever see. Especially since the Starks, from what I know and have seen, were already strong and honorable to begin with.
GundamChief
GundamChief

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:38 am

GundamChief wrote:You can feel intimidation at some of your words, and he has lingering doubts.

"...I cannot give such an answer so quickly."

"I understand, lord stark. Any decision worth making is worth careful consideration."

He pauses and rubs his chin as he thinks. He looks you right in the eye for a few moments before sighing "Alright...I'll allow this...but if you do so, then you must give me your word that you will abide by the laws and ways of this land in how you act, and that you intend no ill will to those under my protection. As for the teaching...Benjen is his own man, but he is also a man of the black watch. He has his own duties that he made an oath to follow, and he must do that. If you wish to teach him, then perhaps you might think of going to the Wall. they can always use good men. As for myself...if I am to teach, then I need to see you act as you say before I make a decision. If I am satisfied that your intentions are pure, then I will be glad to learn your ways."

I look thoughtful for a moment considering my response the smile. "That is the way of the Jedi. We always strive to follow the laws of the lands in which we find ourselves, only acting against wanton cruelty and gross injustice. I will swear on my word as a Jedi that I will protect your people with my life and will follow the laws of the realm as closely as my oaths will allow. I will aspire to prove myself to be a loyal and valued ally to you and your cause."

"My place is not on the wall. As a Jedi my duty is to the people. My talents are not limited simply to being a warrior. Jedi also capable diplomats, mediators, scholars, and the power of the force is not limited solely to combat. The force can be used to aid other in labor..." After all, who would doubt the use of a man who can lift a bolder with his mind, "And also can be used to heal sickness and injuries that would be otherwise lethal as well as helping crops flourish in areas where they'd otherwise flounder."

"As for your brother." I look to Benjen. "Benjen Stark. Again I offer to teach you. If wish wish to learn from me, I ask that you send a 'raven' to your Knight Commander explaining the situation and asking for a temporary reprieve that you may receive your training. For when you do, you will be far better equipped to ensure the peace and security of those living under the protection of the Nights Watch. I'm not asking you to abandon your oaths to your order. I'm just asking you in which way do you feel you would serve better... as another sword brother, or as the Jedi Sentinel of the Gift, the Wall, and of the lands beyond? Trust in your feelings. They will help guide you destiny."

===

Alex

===

I can only Chuckle. It's alot to take in.

Actually, he's filling them as fast as you can speak it.

When history gets to this point..I look forward to saying

"Alright...today in history...we talk about the Mandalorian Wars."

Heh. And how does this go over?

I can agree. There are not many men like Stark. The King is "generally" like this as well, but he is embittered by the court in Kings landing...where backstabbing politics are still running thick.

Maybe he could use a Jedi adviser...?

Still...I have to be glad the politics are not Byzantine/Machiavellian in their nature. I don't think I can handle that level of backstabbing.

"You're a Jedi. Most politicians tend to have problems working around people who can often read their intentions like an open book."

you made it sound like they were mega fauna...:p

Nah, nothing like that its only... HOLY SHIT IS THAT A SHORT NOSED BEAR?!

Seriously. Da Fuq? O.o

I can do one better. I can show her right now. If she allows it.

She will.

I sit down and take her hands into mine, and ask her to close her eyes. I focus and meditate, and help her into the same state, and together, I lead and act as a tether, and allow her to look into the force. I make sure that she isn't overwhelmed.

Alright.

In this I explain "We are not gods...we are like fishermen of the sea, you and I. The Jedi however are able to dive into the sea and for a time become one with it...and eventually as some of us gain strength, can join with it. We do not become gods, but mere spirits in the force, like fish in the sea. The gods are like the whales and Kraken, lords of the deep, and separate from us, but able to influence and awe us with their majesty and power, be that used for good or ill."

She listens calmly but you swear she winces at the mention of Kraken.

If a godswood or lifetree is around, I direct her to that. "And there are some of who dwell in the force as they were born from it who dwell within our world."

You're in winterfell, dude. There's the BIG one.

After showing her the realm of the "gods"

And she's left mute.

"Only those of us who are the most disciplined, and knowledgeable of the force actually may become one with it. For the rest of us...we merely swim when we can."

"I... I see."

"Also, I must point out...all of us, not just Jedi, all that live are part of the force in some way. That part of us returns to it wen we die. So even if you were to fade from this world tomorrow, the memories of you will live on, and from those memories, and from that part of you that is part of the force, you will in a way, continue to exist even after death."

Thus I say the portion of the code which I'm sure she has heard from me.

"There is no death, there is the Force."

The woman is actually starting to cry.

A part of me feels slightly guilty, due to my upbringing in my original world.

If people of my world were given absolute proof that there was some form of life after death? Many would break down and weep in joy knowing they would still exist.

I get the feeling, that although the afterlife might be more excepted here, that such knowledge would be such a wake up call for many who have doubts. Even those who believe.

"T-thank you," she says after a long silence. "At times... at times my faith has been... it has been tried and I've wondered if I've been wanting in it. But you... you master Jedi are truly..." she chokes. "You are truly blessed. While I am but a humble septa I know that you are truly blessed and I will do all in my power to share the wonder you've shown me with the rest of my faith. Today you gave me a peek through a window to the realm of the gods. You and your order are holy, and you sir are a true knight."

I won't let it go to my head. But being Validated feels really good.

I'll continue doing this.

You get a large number of people just showing up and begging for your wisdom.

Pray for the best, expect the worst. Of course he is -_-

Oh well...I brought it upon myself.

Still, I wonder how I am seen by the court. Having shorter hours must make them happy at least.

You've quickly become one of his more valued advisers.

I should tell her of a portion of my real life some time, and how living obediently is not always for the best...

Alright. IF you'd like.

Only the ones who live longest, or fail the most and learn from those failures.

"That's often true of us all."

Were they back in the Republic, it would be recommended that they be taken to the Jedi Academy and given tutelage among their peers until they master the force. they would become Jedi, or powerful users of the force with the noble morals that are taught in its use.

But since we are not in the republic, Thy would remain here under my tutelage, and be home with you and Ned, thus you would be able to share in their successes and failures, and watch as they progress. They would learn that with great power, comes great responsibility, and be instilled with the necessary morals to use that power correctly. They would gain an education that normally is not offered anywhere else, even the republic lacks this except in the most urbanized locations. They would also be the ones who learn more about the lands where I come from, and its history and why the Jedi are part of it.

I will not sugar coat it however, while more good comes out of this, if she has paid attention to some of my teachings to the family and Ned, then she knows about the Darkside.

there are dangers with power, fear, jealousy, greed, hate. these things, along with normal life, with bring their trials. I would be there to make sure it turned out for the best, but with everything in life there is always risk.

In the end, her children, as well as Ned, and the family, will become Westeros's first Jedi. They will be strong, honorable, and if my actions have been seen by her as it has with the people, than her realm will be the most peaceful, and possibly the happiest one these lands will ever see. Especially since the Starks, from what I know and have seen, were already strong and honorable to begin with.

They listen quietly. Then both agree.

Arya Stark will become your student starting tomorrow. The others have to some degree or another talked about what you're doing, but she's been... insistent.

Which you believe translates to giving them not a moment's peace.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GundamChief Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:41 am

Psyckosama wrote:"I understand, lord stark. Any decision worth making is worth careful consideration."

I look thoughtful for a moment considering my response the smile. "That is the way of the Jedi. We always strive to follow the laws of the lands in which we find ourselves, only acting against wanton cruelty and gross injustice. I will swear on my word as a Jedi that I will protect your people with my life and will follow the laws of the realm as closely as my oaths will allow. I will aspire to prove myself to be a loyal and valued ally to you and your cause."

"My place is not on the wall. As a Jedi my duty is to the people. My talents are not limited simply to being a warrior. Jedi also capable diplomats, mediators, scholars, and the power of the force is not limited solely to combat. The force can be used to aid other in labor..." After all, who would doubt the use of a man who can lift a bolder with his mind, "And also can be used to heal sickness and injuries that would be otherwise lethal as well as helping crops flourish in areas where they'd otherwise flounder."

"As for your brother." I look to Benjen. "Benjen Stark. Again I offer to teach you. If wish wish to learn from me, I ask that you send a 'raven' to your Knight Commander explaining the situation and asking for a temporary reprieve that you may receive your training. For when you do, you will be far better equipped to ensure the peace and security of those living under the protection of the Nights Watch. I'm not asking you to abandon your oaths to your order. I'm just asking you in which way do you feel you would serve better... as another sword brother, or as the Jedi Sentinel of the Gift, the Wall, and of the lands beyond? Trust in your feelings. They will help guide you destiny."

After about five minutes of thinking, Benjen decides "Alright...I'll take the training. The commander owes me favors anyways. I'll call on them for this."

Ned nods "and because I have your word...I welcome you to Winterfell, Jedi."

He rises up and it was near lunch time. He invites you to meet the folks. since you will obviously go, you go and see the family. The moment you walk in and see the children...you are assaulted by the sheer potential of these children.

Every one of the starks is force capable. Bran is a beacon in the force, and has the potential to become a powerful master. Sansa and Aray are no less powerful. Though not with nearly as much potential as Bran, in time, they both would become Jedi Masters. Jon you had already seen his potential. You then see a young theon Greyjoy, and he is force capable as well, though he would only go as high as a knight potentially, it was still something.

Jon noticed you first with Arya who was closest to you. She turned and ran up to you "I saw your magic! Teach me!"

Ned went wide eyed at that.

then a redhead (you know this part) came up and admonished the girl "that's not how a lady acts, and again...no."

She looks at you after Arya pouts and runs off to Jon. "I'm afraid she and Sansa, and myself, saw your demonstration. most impressive ser Jedi."

She looks at Ned who merely nods "and welcome to our home."

===

Alex

===

Actually, he's filling them as fast as you can speak it.

I make sure Ned is there, and if Arya is in at this point, I let her sit in though she's got to go through the basic history too, to catch up.

As for this portion of history, when I reach it, I explain Everything. The beggining of the mandalorian wars, the battles, the atrocities, the destruction, the tactics and stratagies on both sides, the near complete destruction of the nation of Seppaco and the burning of her 17 cities, and the miraculous strategy of 7 of those cities to save the populations that actually worked! and saved well over a few million in the process. Then The jedi join, and the two years of battles that were lost and won, and eventually the fifth and final battle of Malichor, where Reven himself and Mandalore fought one on one, and the total and utter reality warping chaos of the battle as Mandaloiran warriors were able to match themselves against Jedi due to their unparalleled skill and super strong armor. How in the end, Mandalore lost...but told Reven the secret as to why they fought the republic int he first place.

Then I explain Reven leaving...then coming back with all of his forces, and weapons, and the Sith. how the Jedi Civil war raged on and how the republic came to a near collapse.

How his apprentice Malak went mad with power and betrayed him, and how Reven was killed. Then I begin with a soldier who got mixed up with the Jedi named Bastilla who was being chased my Malak and helped entire armies with her battle meditation. How they sruvived an attack and got to Taris, and what they went through just to find her. Then their rescue of Bastilla and the Escape. The terrible destruction of the trade city of Taris, how it survived the Mandalorians and all the war, only to be wiped out completely, and a handful people on a ship were all who escape as Malak used the force to create a storm that rained fire. Killing all two million people, and laying waste to a city five times the size of kings landing, only charred ruins now, with only a half dozen spires that reached hundreds of feet into the air to remind people it once existed.

How the went to the land of Dantooine, where it was endless plains and meadows, and the soldier learned he had power in the force and was trained to become a Jedi. how he learned of Reven's path to finding the truth behind the Mandalorian wars through dreams and visions, and his discovery of an ancient crypt. One that led to an artifact called "The Celestial Cryptograph". Map that appeared out of thin air as an image that lead to other cryptographs in nations the Sith occupied. From the water nation of Manaan, to the very heart of the Sith in the Korriban Desert where the Sith Academy was. The treacherous an deadly methods of teaching the Sith teachers employed on their students. Most terrifyingly, the Valley of the Sith Lords, and how they were haunted by force ghosts made of the memories from said lords, kept in existence by their rage and hatred.

then I drop the bombshell...the reveal that the soldier...was Reven himself. how the Jedi Council of the time who fought Reven on his flagship, which was fired upon by Malak, actually survived...and made up the lie that he died, and used the force to erase Reven's memories to try and find an end to the war by making him a Jedi again through strife.

It worked, and Reven, realizing how far he had gone, and more importantly why, sought to destroy what he created.

Then I reveal another bombshell. The Sith were in fact the "NEW" sith empire.

I then explain what the Sith were. That they weren't entirely human, and that they ruled more or less everything where the republic is now, along with lands that are considered uncharted near the republic. how they ruled with an iron fist, and were all users of the Dark Side. That they made things of such utter evil and terrible majesty that they were practically gods. They were basically the Valarians...on steroids. They were in fact responsible for the wars against he republic because one of their artifacts survived, and it had a mind of its own. It was the mind of an ancient Sith emperor that was able to kill with a thought, control your mind, and read your thoughts to your soul, as easily as you and I breathed, and it used those powers to control Mandalore, and made the Mandalorians go to war. How Mandalore revealed this as he died since he broke free at the last moment, and died a free man.

Reven went to find and destroy this device, but realizing this device was but the bridge for the Sith mind, and not the source itself, and that the Sith were coming in the future...Reven made the decision to go to war with the republic not to rule it...but to make it strong through chaos. To force the weakness to be thrown out and rise up at all costs, all to survive the oncoming storm that was the remnants of the ancient Sith Empire.

Reven led his companions to the device...known as the Star forge. A device that was a spire over 2000 feet tall, and used the force itself to draw light from the sun as it hit the earth...and condense it into matter, or solid mass for those who don't understand, and then used that mass....to create whatever the user desired...with absolutely no limit since it used light itself. In the end...Reven and Bastialla, and the others, managed to destroy the device once and for all. Staving off the oncoming Sith...for a time.

In the end, the threat still existed, so Reven left to search for them and fight.

...and that's all for now. there's a whole new chapter to this story before it comes to an end that leads to peace in the republic again...but that's for another day.

Maybe he could use a Jedi adviser...?

We will see.

"You're a Jedi. Most politicians tend to have problems working around people who can often read their intentions like an open book."

If you knew a thing about the Byzantines, then you would know that wouldn't stop them. Anyways, It is nice for a change.

Nah, nothing like that its only... HOLY SHIT IS THAT A SHORT NOSED BEAR?!

Seriously. Da Fuq? O.o

...I present it's body to stark? o.o

"T-thank you," she says after a long silence. "At times... at times my faith has been... it has been tried and I've wondered if I've been wanting in it. But you... you master Jedi are truly..." she chokes. "You are truly blessed. While I am but a humble septa I know that you are truly blessed and I will do all in my power to share the wonder you've shown me with the rest of my faith. Today you gave me a peek through a window to the realm of the gods. You and your order are holy, and you sir are a true knight."

"though we appear to be so, we Jedi are ultimately servants of the greater good, and the people among us. So despite what I am, you and I are equals. An I am at thy service."

I continue from there with more do gooding.

You get a large number of people just showing up and begging for your wisdom.

I might have to arrange times for this or something, otherwise I might end up looking like a messiah or something....too late.

I give Jedi Wisdom all the same. It costs nothing to gain wisdom, so long as it is put to action.

You've quickly become one of his more valued advisers.

Cool. Maybe using the jedi Knowledge I can give some pointers on improving spending, saving money, and boosting their economy as well. Also see if they have the equivalent of the potato here. That thing can grow anywhere. So can corn generally. Alaska can grow it despite being the same kind of climate as Winterfell. Improving farming with stuff that they don't have that I know grows well in this climate.

They listen quietly. Then both agree.

Arya Stark will become your student starting tomorrow. The others have to some degree or another talked about what you're doing, but she's been... insistent.

Which you believe translates to giving them not a moment's peace.

I give a grin "Sometimes we can tell what kind of jedi an incoming apprentice will become before they even start. Your daughter has Guardian written all over her from what I have seen."
GundamChief
GundamChief

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:47 am

Psyckosama wrote:The sword handles pretty well against live steel. You see a couple minor nicks and dents in it, but honestly it wouldn't have faired any better in a serious spar between bokken armed opponents. In fact, even a steel sword against steel would have shown some damage. It seems to do the job quite nicely.

I'll see if the nicks and dents buff out with some meditation and Force-enhanced encouragement for the wood. Who knows, they very well might.

That aside, I declare it a more than acceptable training blade. The students should take some woodworking lessons and can try to make their own. If they maintain focus, the Force should guide them. ^^

Oh, he's not a penny-ante Baneite, he's the penny-ante Baneite... isn't that right, 'Chancellor'...

Oh, joy. Granted, the man was a more than capable manipulator and politician, but made some hilarious mistakes along the way. Like killing his master, who'd stated he wasn't interested in the Rule of Two and was working on _life extension_. I mean, if you had to kill him, fine, but at least wait until the guy figures out actual agelessness when you do. And the gambit with Clovis ... that was just clumsy and unnecessary unless you'd _lost_ the control Plagueis held with the Banking Clan. Not to mention the whole murder addiction thing.

So, you're trying to annoy him into falling to the Dark Side...

No, I'm trying to annoy him into shutting up.

Of course. Though if this was later in those books, I'd have found some way to manifest physically and beat you if you didn't.

If this was later in those books I'd probably have decapitated Lannister and Littlefinger in some dark nook and trying to teach the Starks given the situation they found themselves in would have been about as easy as herding cats.

Honestly, you start talking... he starts writing. Luwin here is the Castilian of Winterfell and thus is a couple steps up from a common Maester.

I finish up with instructions on making ice-cream and what materials may be used for effective insulation, just because the idea of making Winterfell the dessert capital of Westeros is hilarious enough to almost make me want to giggle.

Similarly, I explain the idea behind the printing press. Just because more books and a more available means of storing knowledge are rarely bad things.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:03 pm

GundamChief wrote:After about five minutes of thinking, Benjen decides "Alright...I'll take the training. The commander owes me favors anyways. I'll call on them for this."

"Alright. Just understand you will be following two oaths now. I doubt you will find them contradictory, but you must be aware."

Ned nods "and because I have your word...I welcome you to Winterfell, Jedi."

I hold my hand out to him. "And I thank you for allowing me to be here, Lord Eddard."

He rises up and it was near lunch time. He invites you to meet the folks. since you will obviously go, you go and see the family. The moment you walk in and see the children...you are assaulted by the sheer potential of these children.

I go wided eyed. "The force is VERY strong with your family..."

Every one of the starks is force capable. Bran is a beacon in the force, and has the potential to become a powerful master. Sansa and Aray are no less powerful. Though not with nearly as much potential as Bran, in time, they both would become Jedi Masters. Jon you had already seen his potential. You then see a young theon Greyjoy, and he is force capable as well, though he would only go as high as a knight potentially, it was still something.

Jon noticed you first with Arya who was closest to you. She turned and ran up to you "I saw your magic! Teach me!"

Ned went wide eyed at that.

then a redhead (you know this part) came up and admonished the girl "that's not how a lady acts, and again...no."

She looks at you after Arya pouts and runs off to Jon. "I'm afraid she and Sansa, and myself, saw your demonstration. most impressive ser Jedi."

She looks at Ned who merely nods "and welcome to our home."

"You have my thanks, my lady. But there is no need to apologize. Children are prone to moments of excitement. They speak so freely and from the heart. It's one of the reasons they're so delightful," and I look over for a moment and smile at the girl then lower my volume, "The Jedi Order has never discriminated in its membership based on sex. Many of the most famous Jedi Masters have been women, including several sitting members of the High Council."

===

Alex

===

He's professional.

I make sure Ned is there, and if Arya is in at this point, I let her sit in though she's got to go through the basic history too, to catch up.

As for this portion of history, when I reach it, I explain Everything. The beggining of the mandalorian wars, the battles, the atrocities, the destruction, the tactics and stratagies on both sides, the near complete destruction of the nation of Seppaco and the burning of her 17 cities, and the miraculous strategy of 7 of those cities to save the populations that actually worked! and saved well over a few million in the process. Then The jedi join, and the two years of battles that were lost and won, and eventually the fifth and final battle of Malichor, where Reven himself and Mandalore fought one on one, and the total and utter reality warping chaos of the battle as Mandaloiran warriors were able to match themselves against Jedi due to their unparalleled skill and super strong armor. How in the end, Mandalore lost...but told Reven the secret as to why they fought the republic int he first place.

I'm assuming you don't ham it up to the point it violates suspension of disbelief.

Then I explain Reven leaving...then coming back with all of his forces, and weapons, and the Sith. how the Jedi Civil war raged on and how the republic came to a near collapse.

How his apprentice Malak went mad with power and betrayed him, and how Reven was killed. Then I begin with a soldier who got mixed up with the Jedi named Bastilla who was being chased my Malak and helped entire armies with her battle meditation. How they sruvived an attack and got to Taris, and what they went through just to find her. Then their rescue of Bastilla and the Escape. The terrible destruction of the trade city of Taris, how it survived the Mandalorians and all the war, only to be wiped out completely, and a handful people on a ship were all who escape as Malak used the force to create a storm that rained fire. Killing all two million people, and laying waste to a city five times the size of kings landing, only charred ruins now, with only a half dozen spires that reached hundreds of feet into the air to remind people it once existed.

How the went to the land of Dantooine, where it was endless plains and meadows, and the soldier learned he had power in the force and was trained to become a Jedi. how he learned of Reven's path to finding the truth behind the Mandalorian wars through dreams and visions, and his discovery of an ancient crypt. One that led to an artifact called "The Celestial Cryptograph". Map that appeared out of thin air as an image that lead to other cryptographs in nations the Sith occupied. From the water nation of Manaan, to the very heart of the Sith in the Korriban Desert where the Sith Academy was. The treacherous an deadly methods of teaching the Sith teachers employed on their students. Most terrifyingly, the Valley of the Sith Lords, and how they were haunted by force ghosts made of the memories from said lords, kept in existence by their rage and hatred.

then I drop the bombshell...the reveal that the soldier...was Reven himself. how the Jedi Council of the time who fought Reven on his flagship, which was fired upon by Malak, actually survived...and made up the lie that he died, and used the force to erase Reven's memories to try and find an end to the war by making him a Jedi again through strife.

Yeah, Arya's spellbound, the Maester is thinking the story's been inflated over the ages, and Ned is... well... probably a bit inline with the maester but also seems to be distrubed by the implications of what was done to revan.

It worked, and Reven, realizing how far he had gone, and more importantly why, sought to destroy what he created.

Then I reveal another bombshell. The Sith were in fact the "NEW" sith empire.

I then explain what the Sith were. That they weren't entirely human, and that they ruled more or less everything where the republic is now, along with lands that are considered uncharted near the republic. how they ruled with an iron fist, and were all users of the Dark Side. That they made things of such utter evil and terrible majesty that they were practically gods. They were basically the Valarians...on steroids. They were in fact responsible for the wars against he republic because one of their artifacts survived, and it had a mind of its own. It was the mind of an ancient Sith emperor that was able to kill with a thought, control your mind, and read your thoughts to your soul, as easily as you and I breathed, and it used those powers to control Mandalore, and made the Mandalorians go to war. How Mandalore revealed this as he died since he broke free at the last moment, and died a free man.

And that's nightmare fuel.

Reven went to find and destroy this device, but realizing this device was but the bridge for the Sith mind, and not the source itself, and that the Sith were coming in the future...Reven made the decision to go to war with the republic not to rule it...but to make it strong through chaos. To force the weakness to be thrown out and rise up at all costs, all to survive the oncoming storm that was the remnants of the ancient Sith Empire.

Reven led his companions to the device...known as the Star forge. A device that was a spire over 2000 feet tall, and used the force itself to draw light from the sun as it hit the earth...and condense it into matter, or solid mass for those who don't understand, and then used that mass....to create whatever the user desired...with absolutely no limit since it used light itself. In the end...Reven and Bastialla, and the others, managed to destroy the device once and for all. Staving off the oncoming Sith...for a time.

In the end, the threat still existed, so Reven left to search for them and fight.

...and that's all for now. there's a whole new chapter to this story before it comes to an end that leads to peace in the republic again...but that's for another day.

Okay, general take is half myth, half reality... which honestly is kinda how things tend to go. :p

If you knew a thing about the Byzantines, then you would know that wouldn't stop them. Anyways, It is nice for a change.

Telepathic Eye roll.

...I present it's body to stark? o.o

A dire bear. Its uncommon to see them south of the wall...

"though we appear to be so, we Jedi are ultimately servants of the greater good, and the people among us. So despite what I am, you and I are equals. An I am at thy service."

I continue from there with more do gooding.

You have her thanks... and she's sent a Raven to the Most Devout.

I might have to arrange times for this or something, otherwise I might end up looking like a messiah or something....too late.

Yeah...

I give Jedi Wisdom all the same. It costs nothing to gain wisdom, so long as it is put to action.

Half the damned town shows up to listen... half of which some of the more cynical will observe is because you're not demanding anything foolish like religious conversion. Many others seem to think you're a Greenseer in disguise or something like that. Either way, they're open to the Jedi philosophy on life...

Cool. Maybe using the jedi Knowledge I can give some pointers on improving spending, saving money, and boosting their economy as well. Also see if they have the equivalent of the potato here. That thing can grow anywhere. So can corn generally. Alaska can grow it despite being the same kind of climate as Winterfell. Improving farming with stuff that they don't have that I know grows well in this climate.

They don't... but it sounds like a crop worth finding and they send a Raven to Oldtown to see it the maesters have ever heard of such a crop.

I give a grin "Sometimes we can tell what kind of jedi an incoming apprentice will become before they even start. Your daughter has Guardian written all over her from what I have seen."

Cat frowns slightly. "Guardian?"

Rieverre wrote:I'll see if the nicks and dents buff out with some meditation and Force-enhanced encouragement for the wood. Who knows, they very well might.

They buff out okay enough. Best option seems to be a light sand just to polish it off.

That aside, I declare it a more than acceptable training blade. The students should take some woodworking lessons and can try to make their own. If they maintain focus, the Force should guide them. ^^

Ned agrees. They'll make for a fine weapon and tool. And he does admit the idea of besting knights in armor with wooden blades does amuse him somewhat...

Arya though... he eyes are almost wild and sparkling.

Oh, joy. Granted, the man was a more than capable manipulator and politician,

Thank you...

but made some hilarious mistakes along the way.

You sense a great darkness...

Like killing his master, who'd stated he wasn't interested in the Rule of Two and was working on _life extension_. I mean, if you had to kill him, fine, but at least wait until the guy figures out actual agelessness when you do.

He would have sought to take control of Anakin for himself. I could not allow that... though in retrospect I should have let him have the worthless brat.

And the gambit with Clovis ... that was just clumsy and unnecessary unless you'd _lost_ the control Plagueis held with the Banking Clan.

Lost? No, but it was shaken. And I didn't expect the boy to be such a romantic idiot.

Not to mention the whole murder addiction thing.

I have no idea what you're talking about.

No, I'm trying to annoy him into shutting up.

No, he's trying to annoy YOU...

And...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0U2zJOryHKQ

If this was later in those books I'd probably have decapitated Lannister and Littlefinger in some dark nook and trying to teach the Starks given the situation they found themselves in would have been about as easy as herding cats.

You're a Mandalorian.

No great compliment he can give. Wink

I finish up with instructions on making ice-cream and what materials may be used for effective insulation, just because the idea of making Winterfell the dessert capital of Westeros is hilarious enough to almost make me want to giggle.

He orders the cook to listen.

Similarly, I explain the idea behind the printing press. Just because more books and a more available means of storing knowledge are rarely bad things.

That though... he orders built. NOW.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:04 pm

Psyckosama wrote:They buff out okay enough. Best option seems to be a light sand just to polish it off.

And many jokes were made.

Ned agrees. They'll make for a fine weapon and tool. And he does admit the idea of besting knights in armor with wooden blades does amuse him somewhat...

Arya though... he eyes are almost wild and sparkling.

It's heartening to see such enthusiasm in one my my students. Even if possibly for the wrong reason.

Lost? No, but it was shaken. And I didn't expect the boy to be such a romantic idiot.

Still not the most elegant of solutions. Outright state control of the banks removed too many options. It certainly removed any chance of working through them with any degree of anonymity.

I have no idea what you're talking about.

When your reaction to an argument with a man you considered spineless and ineffectual _isn't_ to give into the Dark Side's urgings and outright slaughter him and everybody on the ship with him - the fact that they're your family entirely aside - _then_ we'll talk. The fact that it was successfully covered up was in no way due to your actions and no doubt served as leverage. What's the use in breaking your chains if the action that does it just serves to see you put in another set.

You're a Mandalorian.

No great compliment he can give. Wink

Heh. Well, there are times when, while violence might not be the only option it still remains the best option.

That though... he orders built. NOW.

He would be the one to see the obvious value of such a thing. I can supervise and provide insights as needed, but it's mostly up to the craftsmen to figure the particulars out, then we fine tune it over the course of a few training printings before making a print of a book. Or rather, a dozen copies thereof. Proof of concept and all.

I do believe that, once the kinks are ironed out, the Citadel would love to get one of these.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by GundamChief Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:00 pm

Psyckosama wrote:"Alright. Just understand you will be following two oaths now. I doubt you will find them contradictory, but you must be aware."

I hold my hand out to him. "And I thank you for allowing me to be here, Lord Eddard."

I go wided eyed. "The force is VERY strong with your family..."

"You have my thanks, my lady. But there is no need to apologize. Children are prone to moments of excitement. They speak so freely and from the heart. It's one of the reasons they're so delightful," and I look over for a moment and smile at the girl then lower my volume, "The Jedi Order has never discriminated in its membership based on sex. Many of the most famous Jedi Masters have been women, including several sitting members of the High Council."

Benjen nodded in understanding before he left to send that message.

Ned grin but kept his thoughts to himself. Cat was surprised at your words however "Really...That is interesting. Regardless of that however, until my husband makes a decision regarding this...force, I'm afraid that is not an option."

Arya heard and pouted but went back to eating and playing a bit with her siblings.

Ned invited you to sit and eat, and allow you to digest your situation.

===

Alex

===

I'm assuming you don't ham it up to the point it violates suspension of disbelief.

Of course not. This is history as far as I'm concerned.

[Yeah, Arya's spellbound, the Maester is thinking the story's been inflated over the ages, and Ned is... well... probably a bit inline with the maester but also seems to be disturbed by the implications of what was done to revan.[/quote]

I'm not approving of those methods myself. It was a desperate time though.

Okay, general take is half myth, half reality... which honestly is kinda how things tend to go. :p.

I shrug, if I had the records form the temple, it would be proven otherwise, but as it is that's the general history of that earlier portion of the era.

The other half is for later, and it isn't much better.

A dire bear. Its uncommon to see them south of the wall...

and what would bring a creature like this south?

You have her thanks... and she's sent a Raven to the Most Devout.

I get the feeling Robert and the like are gonna be hearing about me pretty soon...

That is if Ned hadn't sent a message already.

Half the damned town shows up to listen... half of which some of the more cynical will observe is because you're not demanding anything foolish like religious conversion. Many others seem to think you're a Greenseer in disguise or something like that. Either way, they're open to the Jedi philosophy on life...

Well, so long as it gives some hope and balance to peoples lives, then all the better I suppose.

They don't... but it sounds like a crop worth finding and they send a Raven to Oldtown to see it the maesters have ever heard of such a crop.

Better is Vodka, the alcohol made from it. Not only can it clean wounds very well, and burn when extremely pure, but it packs a punch.

Corn is the same way, but it makes oil instead of booze. Very good source of fuel for burning when purified, and for cooking as it's a vegetable based oil. Not to mention good eating when boiled, or cooked into popped corn, covered with butter and salt in both cases...yummy.

If it helps, potatoes are a root vegetable, and corn is also called Maize in some places.

Cat frowns slightly. "Guardian?"

"A jedi that specializes in protecting others, leading others, and overall are the warriors of the order. Consular's are the diplomats, while Sentinels are the scholars."
GundamChief
GundamChief

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:26 am

Rieverre wrote:And many jokes were made.

Sanding your Bokken there, eh, Master? :p

It's heartening to see such enthusiasm in one my my students. Even if possibly for the wrong reason.

If you think she's bad, you should have seen Anakin...

Still not the most elegant of solutions. Outright state control of the banks removed too many options. It certainly removed any chance of working through them with any degree of anonymity.

Most plans never survive contact with a moron. When the plan involves a moron that is double so.

When your reaction to an argument with a man you considered spineless and ineffectual _isn't_ to give into the Dark Side's urgings and outright slaughter him and everybody on the ship with him - the fact that they're your family entirely aside - _then_ we'll talk. The fact that it was successfully covered up was in no way due to your actions and no doubt served as leverage. What's the use in breaking your chains if the action that does it just serves to see you put in another set.

Believe me, if you'd ever met my family, you'd understand...

Heh. Well, there are times when, while violence might not be the only option it still remains the best option.

That's the spirit, boy!

Ugh...

He would be the one to see the obvious value of such a thing. I can supervise and provide insights as needed, but it's mostly up to the craftsmen to figure the particulars out, then we fine tune it over the course of a few training printings before making a print of a book. Or rather, a dozen copies thereof. Proof of concept and all.

I do believe that, once the kinks are ironed out, the Citadel would love to get one of these.

Oh yes. He's kinda flipping out over this with joy. This is basically holy grail kinda thing for a maester.

GundamChief wrote:Benjen nodded in understanding before he left to send that message.

"Now to find a seamstress about making some robes... for when the message gets back."

Ned grin but kept his thoughts to himself. Cat was surprised at your words however "Really...That is interesting. Regardless of that however, until my husband makes a decision regarding this...force, I'm afraid that is not an option."

"I understand completely. I was just letting you know. Why both your daughters are fantastically gifted... as are your sons. And... who is the other boy? He's not as powerful as your children, or Jon, but the force is with him."

Arya heard and pouted but went back to eating and playing a bit with her siblings.

As I pass I do give her a small smile and nod.

Ned invited you to sit and eat, and allow you to digest your situation.

I do. I'm very polite, extremely friendly, and answer any question. I do ask to see the library once we're done in order to among other things look at the maps. I admit I'm rather lost.

===

Alex

===

Of course not. This is history as far as I'm concerned.

Right.

I'm not approving of those methods myself. It was a desperate time though.

You're a sane and honorable man. Of course not.

I shrug, if I had the records form the temple, it would be proven otherwise, but as it is that's the general history of that earlier portion of the era.

The other half is for later, and it isn't much better.

Understood. History and myth just have a way of blending. Just look at the Japanese.

and what would bring a creature like this south?

He's not sure. Though he does have its body prepared. A great cloak is made from it as well and the skull is also fleshed and preserved.

I get the feeling Robert and the like are gonna be hearing about me pretty soon...

Probably. You're going maybe a bit heavy.

That is if Ned hadn't sent a message already.

True... though it could just be dismissed as standard northern lunacy. :p

Well, so long as it gives some hope and balance to peoples lives, then all the better I suppose.

We shall see.

Better is Vodka, the alcohol made from it. Not only can it clean wounds very well, and burn when extremely pure, but it packs a punch.

That's just distilled liquor actually... and once you get to that you open a whole new world of drunk.

Corn is the same way, but it makes oil instead of booze. Very good source of fuel for burning when purified, and for cooking as it's a vegetable based oil. Not to mention good eating when boiled, or cooked into popped corn, covered with butter and salt in both cases...yummy.

They have corn...

"A jedi that specializes in protecting others, leading others, and overall are the warriors of the order. Consular's are the diplomats, while Sentinels are the scholars."

They nod and understand.

Anyways...

Anyways, Arya's progrss once she gets started is... well honestly shocking. At this point you've been teaching the others for weeks. She catches up in a day. By the end of the week she's ahead of the pack. The girl tends to take to the Jedi arts like most people do breathing.

The others are going well though.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GundamChief Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:44 am

Psyckosama wrote:"I understand completely. I was just letting you know. Why both your daughters are fantastically gifted... as are your sons. And... who is the other boy? He's not as powerful as your children, or Jon, but the force is with him."

Said boys head pops up when he hears mention of him. Ned and Cat keep their faces straight but you can sense discomfort.

"He is Theon Greyjoy, a ward of house Stark."

I do. I'm very polite, extremely friendly, and answer any question. I do ask to see the library once we're done in order to among other things look at the maps. I admit I'm rather lost.

The Measter leads you to the library, such as it was, and leads you to what you sought.

===

Alex

===

He's not sure. Though he does have its body prepared. A great cloak is made from it as well and the skull is also fleshed and preserved.

Neat.

They have corn...

To mass growth then. I also show them popped corn if they don't have it.

They nod and understand.

Anyways...

Anyways, Arya's progrss once she gets started is... well honestly shocking. At this point you've been teaching the others for weeks. She catches up in a day. By the end of the week she's ahead of the pack. The girl tends to take to the Jedi arts like most people do breathing.

The others are going well though.

I can almost feel Dooku standing behind me with his smug smirk as he tells me to focus on the talented one, and forget the others. Been thinking more on the Jedi Path, and there was all sorts of smug in that.

I decide to give the memory of Dooku the finger by not focusing on Arya, but giving her more responsibilities. She seems to be able to handle what I give her, so let's see how much more she can handle.
GundamChief
GundamChief

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 17 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next