Giant Stompy Robots
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Davion is YOU!

+6
afterthought53
Aceraptor
drakensis
Zeitgeist
Godogma
Psyckosama
10 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

A Davion is YOU! - Page 5 Empty Re: A Davion is YOU!

Post by GundamChief Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:18 pm

Elizabeth Davion, Age 10, 3009

Psyckosama wrote:Because you'd have to be absolutely out of your mind to attempt it... Not even Max Liao would...

Yeah.... I'm beginning to see your point.

Points at Hanse and looks to Ian and/or nearby leader of Intelligence Officer "See, he can be taught!" Very Happy

then hugs hanse.

Don't get cheeky, brat.

Cutely smiles

Not bad doesn't mean not good.

If you say so, then I guess. I do remind you (due to Jano's comments) that I did take dance lessons too. Not any specific type, though jazz, tap, and ballet are the main ones.

Ian is going personally but Hanse is staying behind to keep the ship afloat.

Ian gets all the hugs.

Ah child. It might seem that way but technological advancement does have a direct affect on standards of living.

Yeah. They did well when they were just the western alliance, but when they went TA things went downhill despite it...or so I've read.

He both agrees and disagrees. The Terran Alliance's main problem was less its rapid expansion and more a lack of a coherent policy.

Yeah...that was the other half. They were screwing up politically with the whole Liberal and Expansionist parties going at each other too.

And here you come to the Crux of the issue. This he will agree with. They allowed themselves to lose sight.

Honestly he believes this is also the reason for the fall of the Star League. It became a vector for maintaining the prestige and power of House Cameron at the expense of the other five Inner sphere powers, and the prestige and influence of those powers at the expense of the periphery.

The Free World's League, for all of its many faults, does not make this mistake, or at least it will never do so under his rule. There are hundreds of billions of people living under his protection and it is his duty to look out for every single one of them.

You can't make everyone happy, but what you can try and make as many people generally content as possible.

Not just the houses really, Cameron dragged the periphery into it too by trying to force them into it rather then just letting time work things out. I might be being an idealist, but if the Star League had worked out, I would like to think the periphery powers would have joined willingly if only so they didn't get left out when things went really well. Instead we get the reunification wars.

Sadly yes. He'd like to say more but on the off chance someone is reading his mail he'd like to remain somewhat polite.

*blinks*...I hope she doesn't get wind I called her a witch lady.

Though...aside from Comstar reading your mail...which they really shouldn't do, but it wouldn't surprise me if they did, doesn't...S.A.F.E. keep that from happening?

Nothing worth doing is easy.

Nope. If it were, then everybody would be doing it.

Look on the bright side, barring a horrible event, you don't have to worry about that.

Considering our proximity to the Combine and Confederation and Ian's tendencies to fight head on...

No

I'll cross that bridge when it comes...which hopefully will be when he's 80.

He also hears you're a musician. Please send him a recording.

And it sounds like you'd be a natural dancer. You should consider ballet.

Sends the following vids.

Swan Lake: Young Artists Academy of New Avalon (YAANA) preformance. Am not the main character, while I have skill I'm not that good. I'm one of the swan dancers however.

As for Songs. I play the guitar (even in RL) and with many years behind me, solo's are easy :3

an ancient song that still rocks Smile

An awesome song

An Anti-War Song

Another Anti-War song

You're a cruel child. He should tell your brother you said that.

That said, yes, he could think of some various busy work... Twisted Evil

O.O

NOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooo.................

Razz

Idle hands are the playthings of mischief...or boredom...which leads to mischief.

Clever young lady.

Don't tell Hanse that. He'll make me sort out intelligence work and.....on second thought... pirat

Interesting tought.

Well it made sense when I thought about it.

Very interesting...

I see you're well informed.

Not really. As I said, I was "allowed" to read stuff. Plus with as much news and paparatzi following your family and like wise mine, it wouldn't be hard to find out. Wolf's Dragoons have as much a following as we do and people still know little about them....and that's of topic.

Paul would probably be good at learning the technical stuff, and Kristin would be probably learn logistics and leadership stuff real fast.

If it benefits them as much as it seems to have you, then he'll look into it.

Kay.

You'll get used to it kiddo. Smile

We'll see. No one can predict the future, but some of us darn well try Smile

Roll 2d6...

Okay, look for the following quote.

True... very true... his son reportedly has a meeting with a top level neurologist.

That's one thing averted...hopefully.

You can always try.

Well so far.

Well...I guess there's nothing lost by trying.

I basically send the same type of vid as I did to Katrina and Janos, and each one is individually catered for the culture I'm contacting. They basically explain who I am, why I'm sending a video and what I kinda hope to learn and achive by trying this. I ask the questions of "What do you think of the Federated Suns?" and the second "Is ruling your realm hard? if so how come?", and add a new third question of "What hopes do you have for your nations future?"

I send one to the following people.

Zarantha Calderon, Protector of the Taurian Concordat. I also give compliments on her work with the Farlookers and colonization efforts. I think its cool to explore and find and settle new worlds and its a step forward in general for her nation and humanity.

Niel Avellar the first, and his son. For his son, ask him the first question but instead of asking him how hard it is to rule I ask the third question of "What hopes for the future do you have for the Outworlds Alliance?"

Tamara Centrella, Magestrix of the Magistracy of Canopus

Brat.

At times...and out of humor Razz

Um No. Walk before you can run.

Fine....basics. We'll work our up from there. I do put as much effort into learning this as I do everything else.

Last edited by GundamChief on Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
GundamChief
GundamChief

Back to top Go down

Post by GundamChief Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:28 pm

Roll 2d6...

GundamChief
GundamChief

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:28 pm

The member 'GundamChief' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd6' : 1, 3

Psyckosama
Admin

https://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:19 am

Sorry guys. I know I dropped the ball on this one. I'm working on a reply for tomorrow. I had one tonight but a crash ate it. >_<

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by afterthought53 Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:22 pm

No worries, its good to have you back.
afterthought53
afterthought53

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:18 am

drakensis wrote:Ilysa-Aten Davion, 3019
I don't think that me taking an interest it military life would particularly disturbing to them. It might even make that sort of conversation appealing as compared to the hassle of being my security detail on a shopping trip.

It's less "disturb" them and more "take a little girl serious on military matters"

I shall take up an interest in chess, go, risk and more recent games of strategy.

There are plenty to chose from and its considered a worthwhile talent.

It's possibly something to look at if the opportunity arises but I'll probably want to use their resources (to the extent allowed) to also have a further look at that helicopter idea of mine.

Well, your last idea ended up doing reasonably well.

OOC and correct me if I have already had them do this...

They also show up at the castle with the prototype which is being gifted to you after testing. Smile

Hmm. So they'd mostly be of defensive use. Still, that's probably for the best with militia units. I shal talk to daddy about that, since he's apparently very good at this tactical/strategic stuff.

It has everything to do with mobility. That's the advantage mechs have over conventionals. They're worth more as a combat unit per-kilo and easier to transport. The Kurita can land a light company where they want, deploy, cross any intervening terrain, hit their target, and be gone before a focused conventional response can be fielded.

Pure hit and run.

In addition I shall take an interest in maps of various worlds, comparing the 'latest' commercially available world maps against maps from the Star League era (those in the Halstead Library for example). It'd certainly be interesting if a certain inland sea on Helm gave me ideas...

Go got it kiddo.

Then I shall indeed ask her nicely.

Katrina would love to host a visit.

And I am delighted to see him. When he has the time I will also ask him about this little question that I've been thinking about - how the logistics of moving entire RCTs compared to those of transporting and supplying smaller combined arms forces such as the Ceti Hussar Combat Commands. Because I'd heard that the FSN had relatively limited jumpship numbers so doesn't it make it difficult to be carrying a dozen or so regiments at once for operations along the periphery where so many forces aren't necessarily going to be needed?

He goes into the numbers. It's very difficult. Combat dropships tend to carry only a limited amount of forces, then you have the support units, the additional dropships carrying supplies...

It can become staggering and often they're forced to resort to carrying mechs and vehicles in cargo dropships which leaves them very open to attack and removes a good deal of their tactical flexability.

Yes. I will very carefully not notice that I am being subtlely redirected away from Daddy's bedroom for those days.

Good girl.

Aceraptor wrote:Elias Davion
Early 3009 (?)

Go with it.

Point... back to the drawing board! Laughing

Right.

It felt like the world was spinning to Elias as he was inundated by the enthusiasm of his brothers.

They're in the best mood you've ever seen them.

After hearing this, Elias grins at his older brothers cheekily. "Hah! So my paranoia was justified in the end!" Smile

"Very. I'm tempted to send half the AFFS to guard the damned thing.

And then he gets more serious. This needs to be as secret as possible, and transporting the materials will be hard to do under secrecy. So, while trying to keep it a secret, how about putting in multiple layers of misdirection? Mostly pointing towards the periphery as being the source of the new equipment? Because while the FWL and the FS are not enemies perse, New Dallas is still technically within League space. And once we start using the equipment, all our rivals will be looking into how we got a influx of such equipment, and pointing them towards the Periphery would be best. The memory core will of course have to be brought to New Avalon ASAP... How about a new science institute dedicated to bringing forth what is in that core to practical use? Say... a New Avalon Institute of Science? With near paranoia level security against infiltrations and raids and sabotage by enemies?

Most of the mechs are actually age of war, and many are obsolete. The equipment is the secondary concern.

And the NAIS... well Hanse was suggesting the same thing.

Ian jests he's been out voted. He guesses he can't call it the 'Davion Home for Super Nerds' after all.

Hanse tells him his joke was awful.

Ian mutters everyones a critic.

Elias didn't do it for the rewards, but this would be nice. Once he has served the needed service in the AFFS of course in the future. Though the strengthening of the Federated Suns is reward enough.

They know.

Of course. Elias' lips are sealed on this matter until his two brothers decide that it is safe enough to unseal it.

Very true.

And there's a big event 3 months later when they do break ground on the school with you in attendance.

Before you were basically in a state of political limbo. One of the things Ian does to the shock of everyone is entirely in passing fully legitimize you.

You are now third in line for the throne.

If asked later he and Hanse both say that your birth made your position questionable but you just earned their full trust and more.

They'll deal with any fallout and to hell with the critics.

Your mom was dumbfounded. Which is rare.

afterthought53 wrote:Aiden Davion
Year: 3011

I'll leave them to it then. I've achieved my objective of giving a solid tank to our militias.

Righto.

I beam at the praise Very Happy promptly followed by some severe blushing Embarassed

The media's going nuts.

Eh, I feel the same. Morgan lied to me, that little shit. He said it would be something along the lines of:
By the Power of Grayskull...I Have the Power!! sunny

Heh.

Siblings, as in twins, Hell Yea. I'll be the best older brother ever. I'll share and give em my toys since I'm getting too old and we can play together, study together, find treasure etc.. It's gonna be awesome. I'll even teach em how to hijack Grandad's Agromechs, I mean how to pilot in the sims. And when I have my own mech, we'll go joy riding together.

Twins? Your mother hopes not. One at a time is where she draws the line.

You got it dad, I'll be ready by then for sure. *Runs off to hit the books and the sims*

Please note, First class won't be for another few years.

See if we can't get the Billy Mays of the thirty first century to do a couple commercials. That guy could sell sand to the Azami.

You find a couple. It's marketed well hand hard.

Indeed but with such significant portions of their respective militaries engaged half the Inner Sphere away from each other and screaming for more supplies/reinforcements, their High Commands will be too busy managing the war with the Combine/Confederation. With both supplies and reinforcements being diverted to opposite fronts they're mutual border garrisons won't have the men or material to do much more than glare at one another across the border.

Never underestimate human pettiness... or over estimate the captain general's ability to control his people.

How is my Mechwarior training coming along. I may be considered a genius on the Academic side of things, I just hope that my pilot training is also advancing at a somewhat similar rate.

Yes. You've got tons of potental.

Six to twelve months after we've integrated the technology, we should sell them all but the highest grade of the civilian technology that we gained on Halstead Station. I understand wanting to maintain the advantage but I think we'll be more than capable of maintaining it if my hunch proves correct about another find. I'm talking about a discovery that will make the Halstead Cache look like nothing more than finding some spare change under the pilot seat of your mech.

That they like more. Making the PRODUCT available to them.

And what is this hunch?

Excellent. I'll begin by giving Ian and Hanse a list of several dead worlds that dropped off the map during the wars and asking them to send small teams to them. I will explain that these are longshots and the teams might not even find anything but its worth a look.

Always the fact with this kind of mission

Then, I'll tell them that there is one world that I have a really good feeling about. It's called New Dallas and there used to be a Star League/Terran Hegemony bone yard there which should hold several regiments worth of mechs and other equipment. Tell them that something about New Dallas is really bugging me like there's something really special there just waiting for us to find it. The New Dallas Expeditions should be larger and consist of only people they trust absolutely. I really think security should be beyond paranoid for this expedition, complete communication silenc and no mentions should be made of it over HPG not even encoded.

Their eyes twinkle.

Lets see if you can strike gold twice, boyo!

GundamChief wrote:Elizabeth Davion, Age 10, 3009

If you say so, then I guess. I do remind you (due to Jano's comments) that I did take dance lessons too. Not any specific type, though jazz, tap, and ballet are the main ones.

Ian gets all the hugs.

He hopes to come home with something nice.

Yeah. They did well when they were just the western alliance, but when they went TA things went downhill despite it...or so I've read.

Yeah...that was the other half. They were screwing up politically with the whole Liberal and Expansionist parties going at each other too.

Actually he blames the expansionists. The reason being too much money into expansion, not enough put into consolidation on Terra or in the stars. They had a new toy and devoted all their energy to it at the cost of all else.

Not just the houses really, Cameron dragged the periphery into it too by trying to force them into it rather then just letting time work things out. I might be being an idealist, but if the Star League had worked out, I would like to think the periphery powers would have joined willingly if only so they didn't get left out when things went really well. Instead we get the reunification wars.

He'll agree with that to a degree. Honestly though, the Unification Wars he believes were a rather Machiavellian plot to put the massive military machines that had been built up during the age of war to use as they would not have accepted large scale demobilization easily.

*blinks*...I hope she doesn't get wind I called her a witch lady.

Not at all.

Though...aside from Comstar reading your mail...which they really shouldn't do, but it wouldn't surprise me if they did, doesn't...S.A.F.E. keep that from happening?

To a degree, but no agency is perfect.

Though he does have his concerns with the robes.

Nope. If it were, then everybody would be doing it.

Exactly, child.

Considering our proximity to the Combine and Confederation and Ian's tendencies to fight head on...

No

I'll cross that bridge when it comes...which hopefully will be when he's 80.

He sees the root of your concern and hopes you don't have to face such trials any time soon.

He also hears you're a musician. Please send him a recording.

And it sounds like you'd be a natural dancer. You should consider ballet.

Sends the following vids.[/quote]

He's very impressed.

O.O

NOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooo.................

Razz

Idle hands are the playthings of mischief...or boredom...which leads to mischief.

And in other news, he has given his kids some amusing and annoying tasks around the palace Smile

Don't tell Hanse that. He'll make me sort out intelligence work and.....on second thought... pirat

He's shocked you're not already doing it.

Not really. As I said, I was "allowed" to read stuff. Plus with as much news and paparatzi following your family and like wise mine, it wouldn't be hard to find out. Wolf's Dragoons have as much a following as we do and people still know little about them....and that's of topic.

Paul would probably be good at learning the technical stuff, and Kristin would be probably learn logistics and leadership stuff real fast.

He'll keep that in mind.

We'll see. No one can predict the future, but some of us darn well try Smile

Too true.

Okay, look for the following quote.

About that.

Hanse would like to know why you're trying to send a one time pad to Janos Marik

That's one thing averted...hopefully.

Did you leave a return address?

Well...I guess there's nothing lost by trying.

I basically send the same type of vid as I did to Katrina and Janos, and each one is individually catered for the culture I'm contacting. They basically explain who I am, why I'm sending a video and what I kinda hope to learn and achive by trying this. I ask the questions of "What do you think of the Federated Suns?" and the second "Is ruling your realm hard? if so how come?", and add a new third question of "What hopes do you have for your nations future?"

I send one to the following people.

Zarantha Calderon, Protector of the Taurian Concordat. I also give compliments on her work with the Farlookers and colonization efforts. I think its cool to explore and find and settle new worlds and its a step forward in general for her nation and humanity.

Gives you a polite response. While she does not wish for you to take it personally, as you seem to be a nice enough child, she strongly dislikes your realm for what they did to the Turians during the Unification War. Vast swaths of your neglected outback were once part of the Concordant.

And yes it is difficult. The periphery has always been weaker than the Inner Sphere, with much of that weakness being due to the predatory policies of the Star League. Dangers that the Federated Suns and other Inner Sphere powers can all but ignore can become existential threats to a periphery state.

She wants to restore Taurian greatness and independence from inner sphere needs.

And she does thank you about your kind words on the subject of the Farlookers. It's rare vision to see in one from a great house.

In general she's likable but you can tell she's not fond of your nation. But she's civil about it and its less hate and paranoia and more... well... entirely reasonable bitterness... which is more than you'd get from Kurita or Liao.

Niel Avellar the first, and his son. For his son, ask him the first question but instead of asking him how hard it is to rule I ask the third question of "What hopes for the future do you have for the Outworlds Alliance?"

He finds the Federated Suns to be a respectable power and hopes to stay at peace with them.

Ruling his realm is difficult as there are many hostile dangers in the periphery and his nation is peaceful.

And he wants to see his people live in peace and prosperity

From the sound of things he's tired and is trying to keep from saying anything Kurita would use as an excuse to do something hostile.

Tamara Centrella, Magestrix of the Magistracy of Canopus

You're a foe of those awful capallans and respects your dedication to freedom.

It can be hard, but there are benefits dear.

She wants to see her nature powerful with respect and prestige

She's verbose, friendly and actually very personable. And she knows what you've been talking about with marik and seems to lawd your talents. She obviously wants to speak more and at length.

Fine....basics. We'll work our up from there. I do put as much effort into learning this as I do everything else.

And you do as well as your body allows.

Oh, and Zeit, I replied to you like last month. You still in this?

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GundamChief Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:58 pm

Elizabeth Davion, Age 10, 3009

Psyckosama wrote:He hopes to come home with something nice.

He will...or else >:3 Razz

Actually he blames the expansionists. The reason being too much money into expansion, not enough put into consolidation on Terra or in the stars. They had a new toy and devoted all their energy to it at the cost of all else.

I agree with this. It didn't hellp that thier policies were agressive a borderline totalitarian. It's also arguable that if they didn't put such a tight reign over emmigration to the colonies, that the sudden spread after they lose control wouldn't have happened as it did. People don't like to be caged.

He'll agree with that to a degree. Honestly though, the Unification Wars he believes were a rather Machiavellian plot to put the massive military machines that had been built up during the age of war to use as they would not have accepted large scale demobilization easily.

...So instead of doing the useful thing, such as using Battlemechs for state run terraforming, agricultural labor, and city construction, he makes them serve thier made purpose...

Excuse me while I throw darts at the man's picture now.

I make sure that at the embassy on Marik or wherever thes go that he gets a Cameron dart board.

To a degree, but no agency is perfect.

Though he does have his concerns with the robes.

Nope.

They say the worst threats come from within. From my education on the matter, and what I've read...there's another side to that.

Sherlock Holmes said that "The best hiding place is where everyone can see it."

SAFE and MI6 were made to protect from within and without, but the worst enemies and best kept secrets are the ones that are right out in the open.

That's why no one looks at ear rings for the computer chip :p

He sees the root of your concern and hopes you don't have to face such trials any time soon.

Here's hoping.

He's very impressed.

As part of the goal to spread culture, I'm also learning songs in other languages.

Most of what he saw was rock. I'm learning variety.

And in other news, he has given his kids some amusing and annoying tasks around the palace Smile

That's the Spirit!

He's shocked you're not already doing it.

Ehh....there's a good reason for that.

My body guards are pulled from the special forces. Being a kid, and curious as I was, I made a relationship with them and learned alot more about thinks such as Covert Ops and...wet works...then a kid should. Though I've made it clear that as I grow older I may very well join a different branch of the military, I have sights set on infantry. I specifically intend to see about joining Special forces. Be the best there is.

As you are the leader of your nation, you are privy to the full details of such operations of your own forces. So you can more then most understand my brother's aversion to the idea.

Plus they get rashes or something everytime I talk about it.

I'm pretty sure Hanse has at least three plans to keep me on New Avalon until middle age.

---

I add to the message that I decided to try and open communications with other powers and leaders. Since we were doing so well I felt strong enough to try and branch outwards.

I let him know about the reactions and things said from the other leaders as well since this will go out at the same time I send repleis to the other leaders who I reply back to.

I also tell him about Tamara Centrella wanting to open a line with me. I understand I might be playing with fire here, but I have my brothers and him to talk to in case things go pear shaped.

Otherwise (Nervous breath) here we go.

About that.

Hanse would like to know why you're trying to send a one time pad to Janos Marik

*sighs* Here goes

Basically I explain that with my studies into Janos, the FWL, and the goings on with him and family, that I've seen his son show the signs of some form of Injurous mental inbalance. I looked into it and found it that Janos's son might have incoming seizures. At the young age the kid is, it would likely kill him. I could tell Janos about it, but at this point he barely knows me.

(OOC: this was made about the second message in)

Saying this to him would likely look bad, a the least he wouldn't take me seriously. At worst, it would be defamatory to us in general. So I concoted this idea. It's mean, and was hard for me to do but it's the only way to for this to be taken seriously.

If nothing comes of it..great. I was being paranoid. If I was right however...then a kid gets to live, instead of dying because his brain decided to explode on him.

I know I should have come to him first, him especially over Ian, but would he have taken her seriously? Over this?

Did you leave a return address?

If hanse goes with this, then I suggest we leave a return adress that in no way connects it to me or the Fed Suns. Hanse knows intelligence work better then I do so he knows what to do.

Gives you a polite response. While she does not wish for you to take it personally, as you seem to be a nice enough child, she strongly dislikes your realm for what they did to the Turians during the Unification War. Vast swaths of your neglected outback were once part of the Concordant.

I don't take it personally. I've read history and alot of dumb things were done, and our part on your nation is not something easily forgotten or forgiven. I was unaware of the outback though, being ten my priorities are elsewhere. Now that I know though I'm gonna learn about it.

And yes it is difficult. The periphery has always been weaker than the Inner Sphere, with much of that weakness being due to the predatory policies of the Star League. Dangers that the Federated Suns and other Inner Sphere powers can all but ignore can become existential threats to a periphery state.

Yeah...but the Concordant has held on very well despite adversity. While the rest of the sphere was rolling along with the succession wars and losing knowledge and technology to greed for a stupid chair, your nation kept itself on top. The people are among the highest educated in the sphere, and are without a doubt the strongest and most advanced of the periphery powers.

Plus you got alot of nukes, and aren't afraid to use them :3

And she does thank you about your kind words on the subject of the Farlookers. It's rare vision to see in one from a great house.

In general she's likable but you can tell she's not fond of your nation. But she's civil about it and its less hate and paranoia and more... well... entirely reasonable bitterness... which is more than you'd get from Kurita or Liao.

If she's willing to answer, I ask if the Far-Lookers are providing space habitates beyond providing a means of supply transference. Many reasons Colonies, in all nations in history fail is usually a lack of proper back up. Desert worlds need water sources, so having ice from the asteroid belts is a good source, and a habitat can break that down. Plus Space farms until the ground colony can grow its own food source, Microwave beams to give the ground power if fusion generators are not available. If the habitats are equipped with synchronized jump engines they can actually jump the whole thing from system to system too. There's so much habitats can do when applied properly...and I'm geeking out.

He finds the Federated Suns to be a respectable power and hopes to stay at peace with them.

Ruling his realm is difficult as there are many hostile dangers in the periphery and his nation is peaceful.

And he wants to see his people live in peace and prosperity

From the sound of things he's tired and is trying to keep from saying anything Kurita would use as an excuse to do something hostile.

I talk to Hanse and Ian (if he's around) about the problems in the Outworlds Alliance. That basically they were stuck between a rock and a hard place, their people are unable to feed themselves and the people are growing disatasfied with the goverment for being unable to do anything about it all. Being a periphery state, there's little they can do about it but hold on the best they can.

However...there's no reason for people to suffer if something can be done about it. Granted we likely can't openly help them because of the Combine. So how about we do Covert humanitarian Aid. They have the worlds to produce food, but can't feed them for a lack of technology...so we give them farming equipment. Not argomechs or something advanced like that.

Technology made on Terra long before we even left for space. Tractors, harvesters, produce seperators, trucks, trailers, irrigation hoses and water sprayers (the kind the covers entire fields). Super simple technology that would in fact increase production by a multitude by simply making the job easier. Plus they themselves would be able to repair the equipment since it's within thier capability to do so, they just lack the neccesary funds to make them and subsequently lack the people able to afford them.

If we have to have something in return...ask for flight trainers. They have the best pilots in the sphere afterall. Heck...they need forces to protect from the Snakes, then maybe we can send our guys over there to train. At the very least it provides an opositional force. You guys know this better then me though.

If we want forgiveness for actions in the past, then you do things to help them now. Always a good way to say "sorry"....did we do anything to the OWA? I better read up on it if we did.

You're a foe of those awful capallans and respects your dedication to freedom.

I call Max the creepy old man.

It can be hard, but there are benefits dear.

Yep, the responsibilities of leadership.

She wants to see her nation powerful with respect and prestige

Well, your medical capabilities are already considered among the best in the sphere, as is your nations work in the arts which I'm aware of even given my own continuing education in learning the truth and full extent of culture.

GundamChief
GundamChief

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceraptor Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:09 pm

Elias Davion
Early 3009

Psyckosama wrote:
Go with it.

Got it.

Right.

Hm... with the recovery of the datacore, Elias decides to talk to Ian and Hanse about the potential for increasing the effectiveness of infantry by putting the old concept of powered armor to use. Instead of going the way of the fabled Nighthawk armor used by the Royal commands of the SLDF, how about going the other way by basic it on powered exoskeletons? Using the concept of exoskeletons as the basis, create a powered armor heavier then the Nighthawk and able to carry vehicle scale, or near vehicle scale weaponry? Give them jumpjets if possible so that they can jump jet onto battlemechs and then dig in like ticks and tear into armor with some kind of melee weapon, maybe strong claws of some kind? In close terrain such things would be devastatingly effective when used properly. Use relevant data as needed from the core.

They're in the best mood you've ever seen them.

Heh, Elias pretty much handed the FedSuns the key to tipping things in its favor by this act. So of course they are so happy. Smile

"Very. I'm tempted to send half the AFFS to guard the damned thing.

"A reasonable thought, but realistically unfeasible... to say the least." Laughing

Most of the mechs are actually age of war, and many are obsolete. The equipment is the secondary concern.

Ah, then those can be used to strengthen militias and free up better stuff from militias or second line forces for front line units.

And the NAIS... well Hanse was suggesting the same thing.

Heh, Elias is hoping to go through it when he comes of age. Smile

Ian jests he's been out voted. He guesses he can't call it the 'Davion Home for Super Nerds' after all.[/quote]

Hanse tells him his joke was awful.

Elias nods, agreeing with Hanse completely.

Ian mutters everyones a critic.

Grinning: "Who else to pop your bubbles older brother?" Laughing Razz

Very true.

And there's a big event 3 months later when they do break ground on the school with you in attendance.

Before you were basically in a state of political limbo. One of the things Ian does to the shock of everyone is entirely in passing fully legitimize you.

Elias graciously accepts and does whatever protocol is needed to be done.

You are now third in line for the throne.

A position that hopefully will remain for a long, long time. Elias does *not* want to be in the hot seat as it were.

If asked later he and Hanse both say that your birth made your position questionable but you just earned their full trust and more.

They'll deal with any fallout and to hell with the critics.

Elias will give them both great big hugs in thanks.

Your mom was dumbfounded. Which is rare.

When asked by mother what happened, Elias will give her a smile and just say that he can't talk about it.

At anyrate, with this success, Elias requests any historical information recovered from New Dallas, specifically, any map of locations of Star League era universities, there has to be more out there, some may have been buried in the Succession Wars, and if more data is recovered... it'll ensure the Federated Suns' superiority.

Elias also asks Hanse and Ian about their views on the various nations of the 'Sphere, more specifically, the Lyrans, the League, the Taurans, the OWA, and the Canopians. After all, being the 3rd in line now, Elias should be aware of such matters.

Aceraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by afterthought53 Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:05 am

Aiden Davion
Year: 3011?
Psyckosama wrote:
afterthought53 wrote:

I'll leave them to it then. I've achieved my objective of giving a solid tank to our militias.

Righto.

I beam at the praise Very Happy promptly followed by some severe blushing Embarassed

The media's going nuts.
I'll make appearances or whatever our PR people recommend since the adoration of the media and populace is quite valuable and I genuinely want my people to like me.

Eh, I feel the same. Morgan lied to me, that little shit. He said it would be something along the lines of:
By the Power of Grayskull...I Have the Power!! sunny

Heh.

Siblings, as in twins, Hell Yea. I'll be the best older brother ever. I'll share and give em my toys since I'm getting too old and we can play together, study together, find treasure etc.. It's gonna be awesome. I'll even teach em how to hijack Grandad's Agromechs, I mean how to pilot in the sims. And when I have my own mech, we'll go joy riding together.

Twins? Your mother hopes not. One at a time is where she draws the line.
Imagine Triplets or Quintuplets, Mom. Babies, babies everywhere !!
** runs away cackling like a Liao**

You got it dad, I'll be ready by then for sure. *Runs off to hit the books and the sims*

Please note, First class won't be for another few years.
Once the initial burst of enthusiasm settles down after a couple weeks, I'll fall back on routine trying to balance my studies, my duties, and my social life. Even if there's still a couple years to go, I don't want to just be good enough to get in, I want to be the best.

See if we can't get the Billy Mays of the thirty first century to do a couple commercials. That guy could sell sand to the Azami.

You find a couple. It's marketed well hand hard.
Excellent

Indeed but with such significant portions of their respective militaries engaged half the Inner Sphere away from each other and screaming for more supplies/reinforcements, their High Commands will be too busy managing the war with the Combine/Confederation. With both supplies and reinforcements being diverted to opposite fronts they're mutual border garrisons won't have the men or material to do much more than glare at one another across the border.

Never underestimate human pettiness... or over estimate the captain general's ability to control his people.
Haha true. But the FWL should still have another good five to ten years before their next scheduled civil war and even Lyran Social Generals wouldn't be petty enough to open up a second front that they are in no way prepared for, would they?

How is my Mechwarior training coming along. I may be considered a genius on the Academic side of things, I just hope that my pilot training is also advancing at a somewhat similar rate.

Yes. You've got tons of potental.
Then I shall do my best to bring that potential to the surface.

Six to twelve months after we've integrated the technology, we should sell them all but the highest grade of the civilian technology that we gained on Halstead Station. I understand wanting to maintain the advantage but I think we'll be more than capable of maintaining it if my hunch proves correct about another find. I'm talking about a discovery that will make the Halstead Cache look like nothing more than finding some spare change under the pilot seat of your mech.

That they like more. Making the PRODUCT available to them.

And what is this hunch?
We can only produce so much and we can ship far, far less across the Terran trade corridor to the Lyrans and Mariks. I foresee our industries producing at max output and yet still being unable to meet rising demand of those goods. They would likely steal it within a few years anyway and produce their own knockoffs, at least this way we continue collecting royalties from the two strongest economies in the Inner Sphere and use their funds to make ourselves more competitive. In any case, just a suggestion and I leave it in their capable hands and those of the economy ministers.

The hunch is the New Dallas Mission.

Excellent. I'll begin by giving Ian and Hanse a list of several dead worlds that dropped off the map during the wars and asking them to send small teams to them. I will explain that these are longshots and the teams might not even find anything but its worth a look.

Always the fact with this kind of mission
Indeed and even if they don't find anything they serve as excellent decoys for those who would spy and sabotage us.

Then, I'll tell them that there is one world that I have a really good feeling about. It's called New Dallas and there used to be a Star League/Terran Hegemony bone yard there which should hold several regiments worth of mechs and other equipment. Tell them that something about New Dallas is really bugging me like there's something really special there just waiting for us to find it. The New Dallas Expeditions should be larger and consist of only people they trust absolutely. I really think security should be beyond paranoid for this expedition, complete communication silenc and no mentions should be made of it over HPG not even encoded.

Their eyes twinkle.

Lets see if you can strike gold twice, boyo!
If I do, I expect a brand new BattleMaster for my next birthday.

Besides continuing my studies/training and socializing with my friends, I can't think of anything special I want to do until either we get news back from New Dallas or we find out more about my future brother/sister and what names my parents are thinking of. Perhaps Marcus if a boy and Annabell if a girl.
afterthought53
afterthought53

Back to top Go down

Post by drakensis Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:31 pm

Ilysa-Aten Davion, 3019
Psyckosama wrote:
drakensis wrote:I don't think that me taking an interest it military life would particularly disturbing to them. It might even make that sort of conversation appealing as compared to the hassle of being my security detail on a shopping trip.

It's less "disturb" them and more "take a little girl serious on military matters"
A little girl who has a very high chance of having to deal with these problems herself in a few years. A few questions about 'where would I have to study to learn how to...' might make a good starting point.

Psyckosama wrote:
drakensis wrote:I shall take up an interest in chess, go, risk and more recent games of strategy.
There are plenty to chose from and its considered a worthwhile talent.
I'll also take up poker although not for money. I'm going to need practise reading people and that's a pretty good game for learning those skills.

Psyckosama wrote:
drakensis wrote:It's possibly something to look at if the opportunity arises but I'll probably want to use their resources (to the extent allowed) to also have a further look at that helicopter idea of mine.
Well, your last idea ended up doing reasonably well.

OOC and correct me if I have already had them do this...

They also show up at the castle with the prototype which is being gifted to you after testing. Smile
Prototype of my previous idea?

I'll discuss the helicopter idea and also the theoretical point of how cheap and easy to make a military vehicle could be before it is so weak as not to be worthwhile. And also the morale and moral issues of building cannon fodder vehicles, because losing a company or more of tanks to take down a 'Mech is going to be expensive in lives.

Psyckosama wrote:
drakensis wrote:Hmm. So they'd mostly be of defensive use. Still, that's probably for the best with militia units. I shal talk to daddy about that, since he's apparently very good at this tactical/strategic stuff.
It has everything to do with mobility. That's the advantage mechs have over conventionals. They're worth more as a combat unit per-kilo and easier to transport. The Kurita can land a light company where they want, deploy, cross any intervening terrain, hit their target, and be gone before a focused conventional response can be fielded.

Pure hit and run.
Interesting. So the best security against that sort of tactic is what? A strong aerospace presence to hit them before they arrive? Although I've heard a lot about dropships sneaking in to drop off units so presumably that isn't reliable either.

Psyckosama wrote:
drakensis wrote:In addition I shall take an interest in maps of various worlds, comparing the 'latest' commercially available world maps against maps from the Star League era (those in the Halstead Library for example). It'd certainly be interesting if a certain inland sea on Helm gave me ideas...
Go got it kiddo.
Once I have the maps I will toy with them for a good long time before comparing Helm's the Vermilion River Valley before and after. Is there enough resolution on current maps of Helm to pick out that big slab of rock?

Psyckosama wrote:
drakensis wrote:Then I shall indeed ask her nicely.
Katrina would love to host a visit.
Excellent. Something else to look forward to.

Psyckosama wrote:
drakensis wrote:And I am delighted to see him. When he has the time I will also ask him about this little question that I've been thinking about - how the logistics of moving entire RCTs compared to those of transporting and supplying smaller combined arms forces such as the Ceti Hussar Combat Commands. Because I'd heard that the FSN had relatively limited jumpship numbers so doesn't it make it difficult to be carrying a dozen or so regiments at once for operations along the periphery where so many forces aren't necessarily going to be needed?
He goes into the numbers. It's very difficult. Combat dropships tend to carry only a limited amount of forces, then you have the support units, the additional dropships carrying supplies...

It can become staggering and often they're forced to resort to carrying mechs and vehicles in cargo dropships which leaves them very open to attack and removes a good deal of their tactical flexability.
That would seem to suggest that there might be a role for permanent 'reaction force' units in border regions that can be quickly moved around without the same logistical strain. Something like the Aragon Borders (Hanse was governor there so he'd be familiar with them) or the Federated Suns Armored Cavalry in size, so a single jumpship can carry a combined arms force around relatively easily without having to break up RCTs or overburden logistics.

Psyckosama wrote:
drakensis wrote:Yes. I will very carefully not notice that I am being subtlely redirected away from Daddy's bedroom for those days.
Good girl.
I probably won't be able to expect the same courtesy in a few years.

drakensis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum