Giant Stompy Robots
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Silence of the Skies (A BQ Empire Builder)

+11
truthswraith
Mishie
EagleBlue
Wing101
Brian Boru
Kelenas
Robotninja
Aceraptor
Militia Productions
Psyckosama
ReinZero
15 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Silence of the Skies (A BQ Empire Builder) - Page 2 Empty Re: Silence of the Skies (A BQ Empire Builder)

Post by Robotninja Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:19 am

It isn't a dues ex machina. It'll take work to actually get people to sign the contracts from each city, etc. . . But it will be worth it.
Imagine the sheer paranoia that knowing that almost anyone can be a contacted spy will cause in our enemies. In an empire builder, that kind of thing is a priceless asset. It's only one magic slot at first. Having massive spy networks is huge. Being able to enslave more important people later on is just a bonus compared to that.

Robotninja

Back to top Go down

Silence of the Skies (A BQ Empire Builder) - Page 2 Empty Re: Silence of the Skies (A BQ Empire Builder)

Post by ReinZero Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:29 am

[ ] Ask her...
---[ ] Her name (Write In, if you want, for her name)
------[ ] Promptly ignore said name (optional reasoning for it) and give your own name for her, or nickname (Write In...)

Hmmm... not sure about the name but it needs to be something proud and noble....

As for ignoring it, I'd say less ignore it and more come up with a cute pet name...

[ ] Do something to her... to see her reaction to it?

Ask her her skills, maybe have her dance for us... maybe sing...

[ ] Take her.

And of course, once we're done seeing our new pets talents, we unwrap our present.... Cool

"So, your name?" you ask, your tone authoritative, somewhat a unconscious attempt to take after your father. After all, you would be inheriting... barring if anything most unusual occurred- not likely.

"Adelhilda...," comes a slightly dull response. For a moment. She blinks, pausing for a moment, refocusing attention upon you proper before resuming in a more... life-like manner, but soft in tone- and almost seemingly throwing herself down prostrate before you. "Adelhilda Konungsdotter-"

"Hehe,fitting isn't it then," you interrupt with some hint of amusement in your voice. Damn it, a bit too eager you realize you are. You nearly pause for a moment as a more 'simpler' and fitting name comes to mind for your pet. After all she won't be needing such a name anymore. Indeed, "isn't that right, Hildy?"

"A-ah, y-yes," she stammers for a few moments, "th-tha-"

"A-ahem, my face is not down there is it?" you muse, though half of it in annoyance whereas the other half indulges in such... 'fitting' behavior. Sure it's nice and all lording over those of royal descent, with effectively stations reversed to you being the master and them... the peasants- and that's just being generous. But in your mind well, you don't have any reason to treat her as less than that... well, since she seems to know her place well enough- so far anyways.

"N-no, it is not," she replies, near immediately propping herself up- though only barely enough to meet exactly as told. The posture, for one thing, you're pretty sure would hurt to hold. Yet, not a trace of pain in her voice. In fact, it sounds much more... reassured, calmed almost. She seems to shallow for a moment before trying once more, "Thank you for your generosity Master."

Generous, me? Oh how flattering. No wait- is she... what. Well, it's fine that she seems to like the name. But still, blushing in response? What. And she's supposed to be older than me. Yeah. No, actually, that's great, that kind of behavior is more fitting for her place in life from now on. Heh. "Do not address me like that in public, understood?"

"Yes, of course Master," replies Adelhilda, with a nod for added emphasis.

"Good, now then what skills do you have? Courtly? Personal? Other such?" you ask. Half because you don't recall seeing your parents or others demonstrate as much, though at the same time, knowing her capabilities is also nice. And what else she could do of course.

"...," Adelhilda pauses for a moment, her mouth moving still but to no sound, and somewhat tense. After a few moments, her body seems to go slack for a split second- though she catches herself.

But not before you move across to her, a gesture of attempt at helping. "Are you ok?"

"Y-yes, my apologizes Master," she attempts to bow, but stops due to your slight hold on her.

It takes about an hour and a half by your estimate before she finishes a relatively simple, but through showing of her skills. Her somewhat awkward behavior for one thing, being consistent from time to time, though you think it has to do more with ones that give her too much in the way of self prioritizing. Not that she can't do it, in fact, it does show her extent of competence. That and the fact she seems to try to refer to you as Master whenever possible, with obvious stress on that fact and detail, without the sort of 'long lengthy lecture' implication, just the subtle implication of it. All the while making every attempt to above properly referring to herself as 'I', though 'my' is something she seems to stick with instead.

A few parts you did make keen note of were the fact she seems a bit... empty, yet, willful still. The latter if only noted through what appears to be a drive and insistence on making the showing as... best as possible. For instance, her voice, though pleasant to hear, seems to have been put through quite a bit of refining to produce a fair variety of different infliction for songs. Her movements seem quite fairly graceful, though a maybe a bit too forced on her end, as the one near slip up- which you didn't notice until she started apologizing for- quickly proved a point of importance. Not all of her skills seem to be from before, though some, seem to be brought up more since then that would otherwise have not been regarded at all.

Which is a bit of a concern born from annoyance. Her self treatment seems a bit extensive, not forced or anything, but purely self driven. Rather a bit too extensively for your tastes.

So you...
[ ] Will see about doing what you can on your own to remedy it.
[ ] Ask your parents, after all this counts as a incomplete work, right?

With that decided you...
[ ] Continue and unwrap your present.
[ ] Postpone it for now.
[ ] Something else (Write In.)

---

Your village was located at...
[ ] A mountainous area. The village is partially built into a mountain, though it seems to be a former volcano... ages ago, long gone inactive- dead really.
[ ] Near the coast, fairly close to it in more than one sense. The village has its own... port nearby, possible expansion to become part of the village itself.
[ ] Somewhat inland, but a respectable distance from the coast. The village is located at the base of a hill specially. It has a lake nearby that's technically claimed by the village.
[ ] Within a forest, seems to have been some dubious influence from the Far East... but probably it's just a joke or so. About a portion of the village's buildings are located on top, in, or part of the trees.
[ ] Something Else... (Write In, I reserve right to veto it.)

Year 1 Events...

With the possession of such a pet now, it boosted your own opinion of your parents and their group. But the mere act of possession is of less impact. Yet keeping a pet comes with its own set of responsibilities. In a ways, you have to decide what to spend more time on. So you give more of your time to...
[ ] Your physical training. (+1 to physical stat of your choice.)
[ ] Your weapons training. (+2 instead of +1 to weapons training. Can be two different skills.)
[ ] Your magic education. (+2 instead of +1 to magic skill of your choice. Can be two different skills.)
[ ] Your pet's attention.

With your education proceeding on as it is, your parents seem to find it a bit... lacking in one department, mainly, because you will be inheriting from them the leadership position, and thus also the control of the village. So you would need to learn the proper... skills for the task.
[ ] Charisma (Gain at C Rank, +5 to social/negotiations/etc. rolls. May fail to apply for various possibilities.)
[ ] Leadership (Gain at C Rank, +5 to all rolls relating to personally to nearby allies when taking to the field personally, some limitations apply. Certain conditions may net +10 instead to certain persons, those those persons, it will always be effective when conditions are met.)
[ ] Presence (Gain at C Rank, Your presence is more felt by others when you so choose to express your presence. Indirect effect. Fairly weak at this level.)
[ ] Economics (Gain at N/a Rank, Basic Level, +10% to income.)
[ ] Something Else (Write In, I reserve right to veto it.)

On a fairly pleasant day, you decided to go on a walk with your pet. A longer walk than usual. What? Aren't people supposed to take their pets on walks- oh wait. Bah, it's a good change of pace! Though, there was something interesting that occurred on your trip back to the village...
[ ] You encountered a group of self called bandits, ones who are an insult to the term- well, your parents that is. And by extension, yourself.
[ ] You encountered a pack of monsters. (Varies depending on Village location)
[ ] You noticed a group of what appeared to be refugees or at least, very worn out travelers. When asked, Adelhilda didn't think they'd last much longer- probably not more than a day or two at most.

(Will put up your and your pet's sheets later.)

ReinZero

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:31 am

Robotninja wrote:It isn't a dues ex machina. It'll take work to actually get people to sign the contracts from each city, etc. . . But it will be worth it.
Imagine the sheer paranoia that knowing that almost anyone can be a contacted spy will cause in our enemies. In an empire builder, that kind of thing is a priceless asset. It's only one magic slot at first. Having massive spy networks is huge. Being able to enslave more important people later on is just a bonus compared to that.

I'm chatting with Rein right now in IM so I can be pretty comfortable when I say the following.

1) The person's highest skill have to be equal to or lower than your Contract Skill to work for any appreciable amount of rime which means we'd either have to spend every point on it or contract only short bus retards
2) It isn't a forever thing. Eventually the contract will expire and you don't want to piss people off.
3) It doesn't fucking work that way
4) This is so mindblowing genre unsavy that the only faster way to kill ourselves would be to start a very large bonfire and then take a running leap.

Oh and if we're evil how do we get people to work for us? Fucking simple... BE A LIKABLE BOSS!

Plenty of people work for bastards, hell, people like to work for bastards because they tend to appeal to their personal self-interest.

Here's how you do it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QEsjd1WZuY

Psyckosama
Admin

https://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:38 am

ReinZero wrote:So you...

Try and help her but do mention it to your parents.

Basically way I see it going is he intends to do #1 but at the same time he does mention it in discussion over dinner or something.

With that decided you...
[ ] Postpone it for now.

Unwrap my gift. Not doing so is just rude.

Though it is entirely despicable to take a woman to your bed and not ensure she finds the experience as pleasurable as you do.

[ ] A mountainous area. The village is partially built into a mountain, though it seems to be a former volcano... ages ago, long gone inactive- dead really.
[ ] Near the coast, fairly close to it in more than one sense. The village has its own... port nearby, possible expansion to become part of the village itself.
[ ] Somewhat inland, but a respectable distance from the coast. The village is located at the base of a hill specially. It has a lake nearby that's technically claimed by the village.
[ ] Within a forest, seems to have been some dubious influence from the Far East... but probably it's just a joke or so. About a portion of the village's buildings are located on top, in, or part of the trees.

Hmmm... I could be convinced to either of the first 3, but the possibility of going a-viking makes 2 very attractive.

Year 1 Events...

With the possession of such a pet now, it boosted your own opinion of your parents and their group. But the mere act of possession is of less impact. Yet keeping a pet comes with its own set of responsibilities. In a ways, you have to decide what to spend more time on. So you give more of your time to...
[ ] Your weapons training. (+2 instead of +1 to weapons training. Can be two different skills.)
[ ] Your magic education. (+2 instead of +1 to magic skill of your choice. Can be two different skills.)

I do like the pets attention option.

With your education proceeding on as it is, your parents seem to find it a bit... lacking in one department, mainly, because you will be inheriting from them the leadership position, and thus also the control of the village. So you would need to learn the proper... skills for the task.
[ ] Charisma (Gain at C Rank, +5 to social/negotiations/etc. rolls. May fail to apply for various possibilities.)
[ ] Leadership (Gain at C Rank, +5 to all rolls relating to personally to nearby allies when taking to the field personally, some limitations apply. Certain conditions may net +10 instead to certain persons, those those persons, it will always be effective when conditions are met.)
[ ] Presence (Gain at C Rank, Your presence is more felt by others when you so choose to express your presence. Indirect effect. Fairly weak at this level.)

I kinda like Charisma or Leadership

On a fairly pleasant day, you decided to go on a walk with your pet. A longer walk than usual. What? Aren't people supposed to take their pets on walks- oh wait. Bah, it's a good change of pace! Though, there was something interesting that occurred on your trip back to the village...
[ ] You encountered a group of self called bandits, ones who are an insult to the term- well, your parents that is. And by extension, yourself.
[ ] You noticed a group of what appeared to be refugees or at least, very worn out travelers. When asked, Adelhilda didn't think they'd last much longer- probably not more than a day or two at most.

Refugees. Lets find a way to help them and profit. After all, desperate people are easy to please and will work hard to show their gratitude!

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Robotninja Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:55 am

I like Charisma or Economics. a 10% boost to Income is huge over a long timeframe, especially once we increase the skill and the bonus goes up. On the other hand, Charisma is so handy, and would be far harder to learn. Arg. I wish there was an option to study social tasks so that we could pick two options on the social choice selection thing.

Robotninja

Back to top Go down

Post by ReinZero Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:03 am

I should just remind you guys, since it isn't that obvious. You do get to allot 1 magic skill and 1 weapon skill.

ReinZero

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:06 am

I think we should drop a skill point into swords or knives and bank a point into raising fire above EX because you don't go into the truly "worth calling a noble" level of fucking murder your ass until you get above EX.

Last edited by Psyckosama on Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:55 pm; edited 2 times in total

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Robotninja Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:32 am

I'll vote for Charisma on the condition that later on in life we study economics avidly. A boost to income like that will be huge.

Robotninja

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:09 am

I agree with psycko on fire

We're basically sons of bandit lords. slight lack of social skills kinda come with the territory.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:14 am

Brian Boru wrote:We're basically sons of bandit lords. slight lack of social skills kinda come with the territory.

Not at all. The most successful bandits were very good at getting what they wanted without using force. In fact the best were able to convince people that they had a RIGHT to their stuff.

Those bandits eventually came to be called "Nobility"

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelenas Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:35 am

Honestly, it sounds like "gimicky" magic like Contracts, Alchemy, Runes, and the like are something we're better off hiring underlings for.
Kelenas
Kelenas

Back to top Go down

Post by Militia Productions Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:52 am

Do on your own. Grow a pair.

With that decided you...
[ ] Postpone it for now.

Unwrap thy present.

Near the coast, mobility such as this will be invaluable.

Year 1 Events...

You have all the time in the world with your pet, you do not have enough time to train. Physical Training

+1 to Strength
+1 to Knives
+1 to Fire

Charisma or Presence

I would love them to encounter a local militia or patrol of soldiers hunting for bandits. This would be a good chance to test the loyalty of your new pet. Will she help you defeat people who will "save" her from her enslavement?

Last edited by Militia Productions on Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Militia Productions
Militia Productions

Back to top Go down

Post by ReinZero Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:12 pm

Psyckosama wrote:

Try and help her but do mention it to your parents.

Basically way I see it going is he intends to do #1 but at the same time he does mention it in discussion over dinner or something.

Either one or the other. There is no third option in this case. There is a reason for that.

ReinZero wrote:I should just remind you guys, since it isn't that obvious. You do get to allot 1 magic skill and 1 weapon skill.

Just reminding for the few that didn't see/notice.

Psyckosama wrote:
Brian Boru wrote:We're basically sons of bandit lords. slight lack of social skills kinda come with the territory.

Not at all. The most successful bandits were very good at getting what they wanted without using force. In fact the best were able to convince people that they had a RIGHT to their stuff.

Those bandits eventually came to be called "Nobility"

Yup. Power alone only goes so far.

Kelenas wrote:Honestly, it sounds like "gimicky" magic like Contracts, Alchemy, Runes, and the like are something we're better off hiring underlings for.

Alchemy isn't that gimicky technically. Potions, Contracts, and Curses are. Runes is a mixed cased.

ReinZero

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelenas Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:53 pm

So you...
[x] Will see about doing what you can on your own to remedy it.

With that decided you...
[x] Continue and unwrap your present.

[x] Near the coast, fairly close to it in more than one sense. The village has its own... port nearby, possible expansion to become part of the village itself.

Year 1 Events...
[x] Your pet's attention.

Fire +1 (banked, if necessary), and either swords or knives +1.

[x] Charisma (Gain at C Rank, +5 to social/negotiations/etc. rolls. May fail to apply for various possibilities.)

[x] You noticed a group of what appeared to be refugees or at least, very worn out travelers. When asked, Adelhilda didn't think they'd last much longer- probably not more than a day or two at most.
Kelenas
Kelenas

Back to top Go down

Post by ReinZero Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:31 pm

So you...
[x] Will see about doing what you can on your own to remedy it.

With that decided you...
[x] Continue and unwrap your present.

"Now then, let's enjoy ourselves," you say, your lips turning to a smile. Maybe feral. Maybe. As you then make to lead her to the bed. Of course, you'd have to unwrap first, clothing that is.

"Y-yes!" is the reply you get in turn. A bit too excited? Or... just plain happy? Oh well, it wouldn't do if she doesn't enjoy it, right?

---

The experience itself is quite rather... pleasant, pleasing really. At least you're sure it was to you. For Adelhilda... well, it seem like it- and also her first time too. Had to shut her up a bit though, before she could start trying to apologize- self conscious you think, of her own figure. Though, she didn't seem to mind being properly disabused of that notion, or rather, found it filling. A good start. Probably.

[x] Near the coast, fairly close to it in more than one sense. The village has its own... port nearby, possible expansion to become part of the village itself.

Fittingly so as there were a bit more Water magic users than the other elements. Of course, that does mean that you were one of the few Fire magic users.

Year 1 Events...

[x] Your pet's attention.

You turned the majority of your free time towards helping your pet overcome its problems and issues. Which doesn't seem to progress all that much, but you think some noticeable progress was made, and well, she seems less self conscious but still disapproves of her own failings. At least its much more mild now, a bit more than normal for the average person, but still much less now. She does appear to be quite fiercely serious towards any perceived wrongdoing or insult to your person. You've had to rein her in on a few occasions, but it does prove one thing: she's quite devoted to you.

Fire +1, and either knives +1.

Your lessons proceed as they are, with your skill and capability with fire improving more still, but not to new bounds entirely. But it's there all right. (Fire: EX Rank => EX+ Rank)

You shift your focus back towards knives, your childhood learning that you used to do before you had somewhat sufficient strength to properly begin learning the sword. It goes quite well and through, with consistent, smooth progress. (Knives: C Rank => B Rank

[x] Charisma (Gain at C Rank, +5 to social/negotiations/etc. rolls. May fail to apply for various possibilities.)

You put yourself towards learning the art of socialization. As a way with words comes hand in hand with your skill in battle. As it would be preferable to avoid having to fight everyone at the same time... and yet, also useful in convincing others to your cause. Or at least, postponing their declaration of hostilities. And more.

[x] You noticed a group of what appeared to be refugees or at least, very worn out travelers. When asked, Adelhilda didn't think they'd last much longer- probably not more than a day or two at most.

The exact handling of the matter was practically left to you. Somehow. Probably because Adelhilda defers to you and... well, you considered the exact problems with that. Plus, it was good experience in convincing others. Of course, it's not like Adelhilda didn't contribute, her handling of matters under your directions helped speed up the process and resolve things without problem.

For one thing, the refugees do seem to be primarily of civilian nature. Which is a mixed bag in sense, as they'd need proper instruction then. But more working hands isn't something to dismiss outright either. Another positive fact of course, is the general age group of a fair portion of the refugees- children.

They appear to be from one of the nearby smaller nations, one of which had been about more recently crushed. That wasn't exactly told to you straight forwardly, but from what you've heard from conversations in the village and tied to the name of where they were from.

The aggressor however, wasn't a single nation, but the Hellion Coalition itself, and more interestingly so, the Hellion Coalition was the initial victim of the attack. But their apparent unity in their response showed just how capable they were and that, when pressed, they could unite against a threat to any of their members.

+300 to population. (125 Wind Element; 70 Fire Element; 70 Ice Element; 20 Water Element; 15 Earth Element)

+Choose One:
[ ] Charisma: C Rank => B Rank
[ ] Gain Leadership at D Rank

---

Near the end of the year, you one day notice a somewhat unusual extent of... preparations. As if for a somewhat well regarded guest. A curiosity as you know of none. You think about it over the course of the day or so.

Until the person- and company- in question arrives. A man- roughly in his mid twenties, probably from factors other than age and health, with ebony hair and pale brown eyes, dressed in what seemed to be a rough, but well polished black coat and dark blue pants. Dress shoes oddly, and silk gloves. And some sort of hat that you don't recognize.

Accompanying him, or as you think is more appropriate, along with him, are two girls whom seem rather... odd match, particularly with the man in question as well. One seems probably Far Eastern, the other, though, you can't quite pin down, but probably from somewhere else in the region here.

Neither speak for the most part, a rather obvious note, whereas the man seems somewhat familiar with your parents. You realize the exact context of his coming about the same moment he turns to face you- or off to your side.

You turn and see Adelhilda quite literally dropping to the ground- more her legs seeming to fail- her face rather pale, a shade sheer... terror mixed with both inability to express it vocally. Rationality seems to be the last thing present in her frame of mind as her feable attempts at scurrying away are but what one would assume is pure retardation of ones bodily movements, far beyond less than useless.

"My apologies, it appears I overlooked a few... matters. If you don't I will be rectifying their incompletions," says the man. His tone seems rather professional as opposed to the creepiness you had been expecting. "Of course, I will properly reimburse you to an extent, for the inconvenience it has caused you."

For some reason, his addressing of Adelhilda as a thing isn't of even as a person- no matter how remotely- rubs you the wrong way. But you don't think he's doing so deliberately... but more like he doesn't know otherwise. "Reimburse?"

"Yes, of course, as a respectable merchant of dolls, it's only proper," remarks the man. "Furthermore, such cooperation from you parents is... well, good business. So you could say there is a bit extra to the side. After all, you are aware as am I the worth of that thing."

For some reason, the term 'respectable' doesn't seem to match in your mind. At all. Though, the intention is probably true though, given as he apparently can distinguish between some classification of what count as people and who doesn't... the latter in relation to his line of work. Which still irks you, but is more understandable.

So you...
[ ] Agree to let him finish the work on Adelhilda. And take a look at his wares while you wait.
[ ] Agree to let him finish the work on Adelhila, but insist on coming along to oversee it. Don't take a look at his wares, you don't think there would be about enough extra for what you'd want.
[ ] Disagree and ask for credit instead of finishing the work. Also, take a look at his wares because that's how you're going about right?
[ ] Something Else? (Write In)

ReinZero

Back to top Go down

Post by Robotninja Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:06 am

[X]Leadership - Pick up low hanging fruit first.

[X]Credit- She'll be grateful beyond anything to us for this, and we get extra assets.

Robotninja

Back to top Go down

Post by Wing101 Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:14 am

[X]Leadership - Pick up low hanging fruit first.

[X]Credit- She'll be grateful beyond anything to us for this, and we get extra assets.
Wing101
Wing101

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:51 am

I'd like to up our Charisma a bit more first.

She's obviously terrified of this man. I'm not going to subject her to what she fears most.

What I do think we should do is find out what's wrong and how to help her. After all, as our pet she's our responsibility.

Oh, and if we can still take the credit I'm not going to say no, but knowing how to fix her ourselves is better than handing her over or just getting credit towards one of his dolls.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by EagleBlue Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:24 am

[X] Charisma: C Rank => B Rank

EagleBlue
EagleBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:17 am

I'll go with Psycko, considering what we know the girl's...sparking...and she's scared shitless of the .... programmer, I think it'd be better for everyone involved that we take care of this issue ourselves so yeah ask what exactly is wrong with her.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Militia Productions Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:58 am

[ ]Charisma

I'll follow the information. Ask what is wrong and try to fix it myself.

Last edited by Militia Productions on Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
Militia Productions
Militia Productions

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelenas Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:58 pm

[x] Charisma: C Rank => B Rank

Not quite sure what to do about the girl.

Though; is there some kind of status-sheet for the character and the village?
Kelenas
Kelenas

Back to top Go down

Post by ReinZero Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:00 pm

Militia Productions wrote:
[ ]Leadership - Pick up low hanging fruit first.
You can be the most charismatic bastard out there, but if you can't lead them, you will still fail.

Technically speaking you don't need one or the other. They do help however.

The general difference between Personal Skills and non-listed stuff is that the former is consistent enough and notable in aspect of the person. The latter however, is not. So it is possible to be a good leader without it. But that only goes so far without one (namely, up to C Rank on average, B Rank would be barely pressing it. The latter is typically already likely to have a Rank in it or B Rank proper anyways).

[ ] Agree to let him finish the work on Adelhila, but insist on coming along to oversee it. Don't take a look at his wares, you don't think there would be about enough extra for what you'd want.

You not only get her "fixed" you also manage to learn the how behind the making of dolls. Homemade dolls anyone?

I'll just say that that reasoning is a bad reasoning. The latter part.

Kelenas wrote:Though; is there some kind of status-sheet for the character and the village?

Am drafting it still. I will say though, your Village does lean heavily towards Water magic in terms of overall population. Your population is also Humans only presently.

Other than that, need a tie breaker at minimum on Adelhilda's end/regard.

ReinZero

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceraptor Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:48 pm

She's obviously terrified of this man. I'm not going to subject her to what she fears most.

What I do think we should do is find out what's wrong and how to help her. After all, as our pet she's our responsibility.

Oh, and if we can still take the credit I'm not going to say no, but knowing how to fix her ourselves is better than handing her over or just getting credit towards one of his dolls.

Last edited by Aceraptor on Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:50 pm; edited 2 times in total

Aceraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:41 pm

Aceraptor wrote:[X] Disagree and ask for credit instead.

Take a look at my write in please...

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelenas Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:48 pm

Well, it shouldn't cost anything to ask, though the way the guy talks about "Dolls" makes me think of Jevrin from Psyckosama's Keeper Quest.

Depending on the answer we could then still decline and ask for credit, or do something else.
Kelenas
Kelenas

Back to top Go down

Post by ReinZero Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:26 pm

Ahem. Charisma is locked. And well, here's the village info (need name for it) and the PC's char sheet (current). Oh and for currency, 1 Platinum => 100 Gold; 1 Gold => 100 Silver; 1 Silver => 100 Copper. I'll move it to google docs and put it up there once I have other things done. Still ironing out the pet's sheet. Oh and upkeep costs is per year.

[Name Pending] Village:
Population: 1,500 Humans
(Human) Element Distribution: 120 Fire / 820 Water / 170 Ice / 140 Earth / 200 Wind / 50 Lightning / 0 Aether
Other Skills: None
Notes: Magnus’s place of birth and current home and base of operations. Situated near the coast, it has a village port nearby that can be incorporated into the village through village expansion later.
Income/Turn: 1/10th of Human population (150 Copper Currently) + 20% from Port (30 Copper Currently)

Player Character:
Name: Magnus von Kilmaster
Appearance: https://2img.net/h/i52.photobucket.com/albums/g37/Dark_Prescense/Guy%20Anime/DarkLord.jpg
Affinity: Fire
Physical Stats:
Strength: A Rank (Base Melee Attack => +25%)
Agility: B Rank (Base Evasion => +0%)
Endurance: S Rank (Base Defense => +50%)
Weapon Skills: (Combined One-Handed & Knives [4d4 + 14; Melee]; [1d4 Ranged])
One-Handed Swords - S Rank (3d4 + 8 Melee)
Two-Handed Swords - D Rank (1d4; Melee)
Standard Polearms D Rank (1d4)
Knives - B Rank (1d6 + 4; Melee)
Throwing Knives - D Rank (1d4; Ranged)
Archery - D Rank (1d4; Ranged)
Shields - D Rank (Insufficient Rank for Effect)
Elements: (Combined [12d4 + 25] x 150%)
Aether - B+ Rank (+50% to 1 element's roll results)
Fire - EX Rank+ (8d4 + 20)
Earth - C Rank (1d6)
Wind - C Rank (1d6)
Magic Skills:
Magic Theory – S Rank
Alchemy – D Rank (+1d4 + 2 to any Element except Aether, applies post +%)
Enchant – C Rank (+4d4 + 4 to any Element except Aether, applies post +%)
Total Combat Dice: T12 Adv. (Effectively)
Melee Elementalist (Non-Standard): [27d4 + 58]
Ranged Elementalist (Non-standard): [21d4 + 43]
Personal Skills:
Charisma: B Rank (+10 to social/negotiations/etc. rolls. May fail to apply for various possibilities.)
Pride: A Rank
--- You have quite the pride in your parents, their actions, and those before them in your family. Of course, with the abandonment by those above, you do not see them (North Western nobility and royalty) in good light, along with a general angle of difficulty trusting those in high positions (ie. the rich/nobility/royalty in general; effectively this neglects Charisma when relevant). Compromise is also somewhat difficult as well, though not entirely impossible (halves Charisma effect when relevant). Inversely, it increases Leadership’s effect by some amount (varies) when relevant.

ReinZero

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:29 pm

Kilwater for the town.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Militia Productions Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:50 pm

Mennask. Shortened from Fjolmennask

Which means "A place full of people"
Militia Productions
Militia Productions

Back to top Go down

Post by ReinZero Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:00 am

[x] Find out what's wrong and how to help her. After all, as our pet she's our responsibility.

"What's wrong with her?" you ask, less of curiosity and more of need to know.

"Independent Functionality isn't functioning properly, Precision Control needs realigning, Delayed Prioritization when given orders to self interpret, Resolve Programing seems to be malfunctioning as you can see quite obviously," replies the man.

"Resolve functioning?" you ask, blinking once in the process. The rest seem to match up well if you take it out of his mechanical explanation.

"Functioning with complete ignorance of opposition. Even if she would be otherwise without it. Hm... you could consider it closer to a Loyalty Protocol, though not as forced, then again, it wouldn't function as well with that in effect," explains the man.

In other words... her 'resolve' is also broken in sense or she wouldn't be reacting in this manner? But still, that would mean it doesn't just extend to this? No wait, so... nothing forcing her in that behavior which means its a net result. You realize that yes, it is a literal minefield you'll have to work through, a minefield composed of normal interpretations of goodwill... and more. "Anything else that's needing to be fixed?"

"Maybe a few minor tweaks and adjustments, but nothing much else," replies the man. "Thinking of trying your hand?"

"Those minor things aren't necessary correct? And she is my responsibility," you state.

Maybe a bit too fiercely as the mane starts chuckling. "Hm... if it weren't these bugs... well, I'll let you try your hand at it then boy. Do a good enough job and I'll give you the credit's worth and maybe a little more. Of course, if you worsen the problem... I'll have to charge more, agreeable?"

"Yes," you immediately reply. But not without the sense to realize that it wouldn't be a simple thing to fix up within say, a year's time. "What inspection interval?"

"You can have your parent's just contact me, but since you think otherwise, well I'll let you be the judge of that," answers the man.

[ ] One Year... you think you might be able to manage so quickly. Hopefully. Maybe. Probably not. But still!
[ ] Two Years... not too long, not to little, for multiple inspections of course. But maybe you could get it done without needing a second inspection.
[ ] Three Years... the longest you'd settle for personally.

---

So you consider your priorities to focus on for the year: (Mark up to four; More = Less attention on each; % Indicates current 'progress'.)
[ ] Independent Functionality (0%)
[ ] Precision Control (50%)
[ ] Prioritization (15%)
[ ] Resolve (?%)

Year 2 Events...

In regards to your training for the year you placed emphasis on...
[ ] Helping Adelhilda. (Pick one more from the above 4, can be repeat, which stacks.)
[ ] Magic instead. (Pick 3 from Magic Skills; No stacking.)
[ ] Weapon skills instead. (Pick 3 from Weapon Skills; Can stack.)
[ ] Your body instead. (Pick 2 from Physical Stats.)
[ ] The art of socialization. (Pick 1 Personal Skill to learn at C Rank. Cannot increase Charisma to A Rank with it.)

Hearing some rumors about the nearby areas, you decide to check them out a little bit. Well, that as part of a pet walk excursion. What? This is perfectly normal right? After all, Adelhilda didn't have any complaints about it either.
[ ] The nearby forest. You had heard there was probably a larger than usual pack of wolves there recently.
[ ] A far bit down the coast. You had heard there was a small herd of sea serpents sighted around there recently.
[ ] The mountains a bit further away, which is pressing things. But still, it's a good change of pace, and best deal with the supposed potential issue of a gathering of second rate human imitations.
[ ] Something Else (Write In; I reserve right to veto it.)

As you are to be the next head of the village, and also responsible for bringing in more... people, you were given some choice as to a construction project...
[ ] Building a school, it'll help bring up trainees to at least average ability and make it somewhat better for growing average ones a bit more. Or learning another field instead. It is somewhat quite costly to build however, and has a bit of cost to maintain. (Upkeep Cost: 2 Silver/Year. Effect: No D Rank units, C Rank units can either gain a specialization/magic or upgrade to B Rank in single specialization/magic at half time cost. 3 and 4 Turns respectively. Note: Lowered starting funds.)
[ ] Expanding the port, also helps with building proper vessels in any respectable number, as opposed to one at a time. (Effect: Increases from 20% of Population income to 50%.)
[ ] Establish a church, you recall hearing that there were a few agents of the Church in the area, though none having any place or so to base out of. It would probably help draw their sort and thus some of their agents. Would probably cost a bit in terms of income, though mainly because people contribute towards their faith, which you could effectively consider a sort of maintenance. (Upkeep Cost: 1 Silver/Year. Effect: Can train C~B Rank Exorcists instead of hiring them. Can also hire A Rank Exorcists, though others may be available later. Likewise for other Church affiliated forces. Note: Upkeep will grow over time as well.)
[ ] Establish a Temple, you vaguely recall hearing from a once off vistor that she- or another of her occupation, would come again some other time in the year. Though, as they seem to be from the Far East as well, they probably don't have anything resembling a place they could remotely consider 'home away from home'. Or place of gathering. And from what you recall of an estimate of yours- a feeling really- that girl who was with the man is probably one that's more skilled and probably had relations with them before, but probably not presently. You have the vague feeling there would be a cost attached to their continued presence. (Upkeep Cost: 3 Silver/Year. Effect: ??? Note: Upkeep will grow in accordance to population spikes, like gaining villages/etc., though seperate 'donations' may also be done for some exchange of service....)

ReinZero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next