Giant Stompy Robots
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doing it Like A Boss: Rieverre, this one is for you...

2 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Doing it Like A Boss: Rieverre, this one is for you... - Page 3 Empty Re: Doing it Like A Boss: Rieverre, this one is for you...

Post by Psyckosama Fri May 23, 2014 6:36 pm

Rieverre wrote:Still sounds nice. Always did like the mountains.

Cool

... I jot down an apology note to the security team I had back in Steelport as well as including a hefty bonus. That must have given them a few near coronaries.

Nah. They're used to it.

Oh, and I let them know I'll be in town again soon and things might well continue in that vein, perhaps sans the excessive amounts of alcohol.

Alrigh.

I can do something about one of those things easily enough, but let's put it off for when she's actually visiting.

Okay.

Oh. Convenient. I call him up and inform him about my upcoming travel plans. Oh, and let him know to get in touch with whatever construction firm we had to the renovations here in order to have a VTOL hangar put into the mountain and joined to the bunker. Hell, if it's not there already, have them put in a pool too.

Another one? :p

It's DC/Marvel ... it shouldn't raise more than a few eyebrows and it gets me further along the way towards having my own XCOM ant farm.

See above...

I can make that work. Let's start there. If something else becomes available in due course I can always relocate, and it's close to fast transportation.

Right. Well, they'll reserve the penthouse.

Excellent. I tell them to start looking at property prospects for a corporate office and get an idea for local prices and conditions in general. And to dig in for a somewhat prolonged stay because if this latest project pans out, we could potentially arrange it so our expected revenue flow multiplies like happy bunnies in season.

Alright. Will do.

Psyckosama
Admin

https://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Doing it Like A Boss: Rieverre, this one is for you... - Page 3 Empty Re: Doing it Like A Boss: Rieverre, this one is for you...

Post by Rieverre Fri May 23, 2014 7:36 pm

Psyckosama wrote:Nah. They're used to it.

Something tells me the life Victor Black has been leading up until now has not been all that different from an M rated action movie. If there existed such a thing.

Another one? :p

Another pool or another VTOL hangar ... something tells me the answer might be 'yes'.

... actually, this prompts me to take another look at the paperwork and some of the more out of the way sections of the bunker, behind paneling and such, with equal parts fear and hope of finding the XCOM logo.

Right. Well, they'll reserve the penthouse.

Inspection being over, and most things having been squared away, I decide to sleep on the plane while on the way to Steelport ...

... actually, before that, I check to see whether or not Pacific Rim or something similar has been made here, and whether Gulliermo del Toro exists. If he is, he's on the short list for director of that eventual giant robot movie. Hm ... Saint's Dig Giant Robots? Has a certain ring to it. We'll see.

ZZZZzzzzzzz.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sun May 25, 2014 9:05 pm

Rieverre wrote:Something tells me the life Victor Black has been leading up until now has not been all that different from an M rated action movie. If there existed such a thing.

Well, not quite that much violence... but it was not for the moral guardians that's for sure.

Another pool or another VTOL hangar ... something tells me the answer might be 'yes'.

*smile and not*

... actually, this prompts me to take another look at the paperwork and some of the more out of the way sections of the bunker, behind paneling and such, with equal parts fear and hope of finding the XCOM logo.

Nope.

1960s US Air Force... you bought it for a steal.

Inspection being over, and most things having been squared away, I decide to sleep on the plane while on the way to Steelport ...

Right.

... actually, before that, I check to see whether or not Pacific Rim or something similar has been made here, and whether Gulliermo del Toro exists. If he is, he's on the short list for director of that eventual giant robot movie. Hm ... Saint's Dig Giant Robots? Has a certain ring to it. We'll see.

No, just an expy. No padific rim.

ZZZZzzzzzzz.

You wake up in Steelport and are rushed to your penthouse...

When you get a call...

"Hey! We are not annulled yet so technically your my husband, yes? Well, I feel it is my responsibility to invite you to our new place down town to Party! The syndicate had a very nice penthouse crip. Had, now we have. And we are celebrating!"

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Mon May 26, 2014 12:47 am

Psyckosama wrote:Well, not quite that much violence... but it was not for the moral guardians that's for sure.

And now I'm wondering who it was that dad slept with to get our family 'blessed' with Interesting Times.

Nope.

Mix of relief and disappointment.

Right.

No, just an expy. No padific rim.

"Hey! We are not annulled yet so technically your my husband, yes? Well, I feel it is my responsibility to invite you to our new place down town to Party! The syndicate had a very nice penthouse crip. Had, now we have. And we are celebrating!"

"Well, if you know I'm here, they probably do to. This penthouse, does it have a helipad?"

You know, usually, parties are not my thing. That voice has the effect of compromising my judgment enough to make me walk through fire though. Anyway, hopefully the Syndicate can't quite muster an aerial intercept in too short of an order and it's the easiest and most direct way to get there. And really, the airport is right there. It'd be a shame to not make use of all my resources effectively.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Mon May 26, 2014 2:08 am

[quote="Rieverre"]
Psyckosama wrote:Well, not quite that much violence... but it was not for the moral guardians that's for sure.

And now I'm wondering who it was that dad slept with to get our family 'blessed' with Interesting Times.

Nope.

Mix of relief and disappointment.

Right.

"Well, if you know I'm here, they probably do to. This penthouse, does it have a helipad?"

"Ofcourse!"

You know, usually, parties are not my thing. That voice has the effect of compromising my judgment enough to make me walk through fire though.

You get the feeling that was NOT true of other you...

Anyway, hopefully the Syndicate can't quite muster an aerial intercept in too short of an order and it's the easiest and most direct way to get there. And really, the airport is right there. It'd be a shame to not make use of all my resources effectively.

So you go?

Anways you find all the saints are there with some homies breaking the place in.

Shaundi looks at you and sneers. "Great... you again."

"Be nice Shaundi," the boss chides, "He's our guest."

Pierce pauses. "You know, I have to agree with Shaundi here. I know you're married until you get an annulment, but he ain't representing."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Mon May 26, 2014 3:16 am

Psyckosama wrote:You get the feeling that was NOT true of other you...

Yeah, well, I'm the one with the suicidal taste in women. There's just something about this particular version of the Boss that's rrrowr. I can't explain it either. Actually, no, I can, it's kind of like having a tiger by the tail. You either hold on for dear life, or you let go and it turns around and eats you in the non-happy-fun way. Both my self-preservation instinct and my libido are in agreement, for once, and combined that's a truly powerful force.

So you go?

And I bring party favors. By that I mean, remember that teched-up ice-chest Tony Stark brought to his Jericho demo in the first movie? A couple of those filled with premium alcohol.

Anways you find all the saints are there with some homies breaking the place in.

Shaundi looks at you and sneers. "Great... you again."

"Be nice Shaundi," the boss chides, "He's our guest."

Pierce pauses. "You know, I have to agree with Shaundi here. I know you're married until you get an annulment, but he ain't representing."
[/quote]

I could give into temptation and get into a pissing contest with Pierce and Shaundi. But really, they're not who I'm here for, and it's rather easy to keep myself from getting goaded.

"Hey," I instead give the Boss a genuine smile. "Let me guess, sky-dove into the pool, guns blazing?"
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Mon May 26, 2014 3:23 am

Rieverre wrote:Yeah, well, I'm the one with the suicidal taste in women. There's just something about this particular version of the Boss that's rrrowr. I can't explain it either. Actually, no, I can, it's kind of like having a tiger by the tail. You either hold on for dear life, or you let go and it turns around and eats you in the non-happy-fun way. Both my self-preservation instinct and my libido are in agreement, for once, and combined that's a truly powerful force.

True true...

And I bring party favors. By that I mean, remember that teched-up ice-chest Tony Stark brought to his Jericho demo in the first movie? A couple of those filled with premium alcohol.

It's quickly drank...

I could give into temptation and get into a pissing contest with Pierce and Shaundi. But really, they're not who I'm here for, and it's rather easy to keep myself from getting goaded.

You know... Shaundi reminds you of a girl you once fucked. Only she had dreadlocks, smoked lots of Lola Dust, and wasn't a complete and total cunt.

"Hey," I instead give the Boss a genuine smile. "Let me guess, sky-dove into the pool, guns blazing?"

"But of course!"

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Mon May 26, 2014 3:40 am

Psyckosama wrote:It's quickly drank...

's what it's there for.

You know... Shaundi reminds you of a girl you once fucked. Only she had dreadlocks, smoked lots of Lola Dust, and wasn't a complete and total cunt.

At this point I'm probably not too surprised. Closing party after offloading a seemingly okay, but actually sinking subsidiary on Ultor that migrated to one of Stilwater's many clubs somehow?

I miss fun-Shaundi. Don't get me wrong, she was a little bit of a cloud-cuckoolander and intake moderation probably did her good, but this is downright bipolar and arguably even less healthy.

Wait, why is everyone looking at me like that ...

Oh.

I look at the Boss.

"I think you broke my inner monologue with epic sex."

"But of course!"

"... I'm fairly sure this whole 'jumping out of airplanes to rain unholy terror upon your enemies' thing has deeply rooted psychological origins, but all I can say to that is - damn, that sounds like a trip and a half, sorry I missed it."

And you know, I really did miss her. I guess three days of drunken combat and the bit after are more than enough to give a guy a fixation. Not like it was that difficult with me to begin with.

So, fuck it. "Really want to kiss you right now." And then I do.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Mon May 26, 2014 3:58 am

Rieverre wrote:'s what it's there for.

D10?

At this point I'm probably not too surprised. Closing party after offloading a seemingly okay, but actually sinking subsidiary on Ultor that migrated to one of Stilwater's many clubs somehow?

I miss fun-Shaundi. Don't get me wrong, she was a little bit of a cloud-cuckoolander and intake moderation probably did her good, but this is downright bipolar and arguably even less healthy.

Wait, why is everyone looking at me like that ...

Oh.

I look at the Boss.

"I think you broke my inner monologue with epic sex."

"I am just that awesome."

And she looks very smug.

Shaundi on the otherhand. "I swear to god, I'm going to cut your balls off."

"... I'm fairly sure this whole 'jumping out of airplanes to rain unholy terror upon your enemies' thing has deeply rooted psychological origins, but all I can say to that is - damn, that sounds like a trip and a half, sorry I missed it."

Pierce blinks. "What now, and you want to be a Saint?"

Shaundi. "Like he has anything to offer..."

Pierce looks over. "You mean besides being rich as shit and connected out the ass?"

And you know, I really did miss her. I guess three days of drunken combat and the bit after are more than enough to give a guy a fixation. Not like it was that difficult with me to begin with.

So, fuck it. "Really want to kiss you right now." And then I do.

"Now now, we can't get too attached. After all, it's only for..."

Your phone rings.

It's your lawyer.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Mon May 26, 2014 4:17 am

Psyckosama wrote:D10?

rolling

"I am just that awesome."

And she looks very smug.

That sounds about right, yes.

Shaundi on the otherhand. "I swear to god, I'm going to cut your balls off."

"I think you've just made my point."

Pierce blinks. "What now, and you want to be a Saint?"

Shaundi. "Like he has anything to offer..."

Pierce looks over. "You mean besides being rich as shit and connected out the ass?"

"Experience in taking over banana republics? Let's make one thing clear, Mister Washington, I'm not here for the purple, I'm here for one particular person wearing it who I find is dangerously addictive. And while there was a moment I probably should have stopped I'm well past it at this point and intending to keep going to see where it gets me."

Hardly the most romantic declaration of intent but then I suck at romance so it works well enough given the situation.

"Now now, we can't get too attached. After all, it's only for..."

Your phone rings.

It's your lawyer.

I pause.

I let it ring for a moment, pinching the bridge of my nose.

"You realize what dramatic necessity is going to make this call about, right?" I say, in the faint, faint hope of making the world prove me wrong.

Then I answer the phone.

"You're calling me. Why do I get this feeling of impending dread?"
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Mon May 26, 2014 4:17 am

The member 'Rieverre' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd10' : 3

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Mon May 26, 2014 4:47 am

Rieverre wrote:
rolling

You wake up with the boss of course... and another massive hang over... and oddly a traffic cone.

That sounds about right, yes.

Heh,

"I think you've just made my point."

Pierce looks at you funny. "I suggest you do not antagonize the crazy girl..."

"Experience in taking over banana republics? Let's make one thing clear, Mister Washington, I'm not here for the purple, I'm here for one particular person wearing it who I find is dangerously addictive. And while there was a moment I probably should have stopped I'm well past it at this point and intending to keep going to see where it gets me."

Hardly the most romantic declaration of intent but then I suck at romance so it works well enough given the situation.

"I'm still annulling this..."

I pause.

I let it ring for a moment, pinching the bridge of my nose.

"You realize what dramatic necessity is going to make this call about, right?" I say, in the faint, faint hope of making the world prove me wrong.

Then I answer the phone.

"You're calling me. Why do I get this feeling of impending dread?"

"We're handling the situation sir. Still looking in on the fine details. We should have result for you in the morning."

And after your wild night.

"Sir, if you have consummated the relationship there's nothing we can do."

Last edited by Psyckosama on Mon May 26, 2014 3:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Mon May 26, 2014 5:02 am

Psyckosama wrote:You wake up with the boss of course... and another massive hang over... and oddly a traffic cone.

"... I'm beginning to see a pattern here. Aside from the traffic cone, that's new."

Now for the million dollar question ... where did we wake up?

Pierce looks at you funny. "I suggest you do not antagonize the crazy girl..."

"I think that ship has sailed."

"I'm still annulling this..."

I nod. "Getting married was never really something on my priority list, but I have to say it was nice while it lasted."

"We're handling the situation sir. Still looking in on the fine details. We should have result for you in the morning."

And after your wild night.

"Sir, you haven't happened to have consummated the relationship while in your right mind, have you? Because if so, well, there's nothing we can do."

... yeah, I have this on speaker, probably while in bed with her ...

"Alright, one, define 'in your right mind'. Two ... give me a good reason not to fire you for giving incomplete counsel during our previous conversation."

Really, this is the kind of disclaimer that ought to have been mentioned right at the start.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Mon May 26, 2014 1:08 pm

Rieverre wrote:"... I'm beginning to see a pattern here. Aside from the traffic cone, that's new."

Booze plus you two = sex

Now for the million dollar question ... where did we wake up?

In the back of a Temptress... which somehow made it onto the pool deck.

"I think that ship has sailed."

"True, true..."

I nod. "Getting married was never really something on my priority list, but I have to say it was nice while it lasted."

"I agree. Was still nice game, yes?"

... yeah, I have this on speaker, probably while in bed with her ...

"You've got to be fucking kidding me..."

"Alright, one, define 'in your right mind'. Two ... give me a good reason not to fire you for giving incomplete counsel during our previous conversation."

"This law is not commonly enforced, but you are a high profile individual and on the whole the Floridian legal system seems to be rather tired of their state being used as a roulette marriage state. There are already videos of you two going at it the internet. And honestly sir, if you want to fire me, fire me... just remember what happened to the last three guys you had on your staff..."

OOC one had himself committed, one became a legal themed Super Villain, and the other moved to the woods and forsook all trappings of modern day life.

Really, this is the kind of disclaimer that ought to have been mentioned right at the start.

You'd already crossed the line... about 15 times :p

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Mon May 26, 2014 3:24 pm

Psyckosama wrote:Booze plus you two = sex

That certainly appears to be the case. Still not sure about the traffic cone.

In the back of a Temptress... which somehow made it onto the pool deck.

... we must be very snug, considering that thing's a 2-seater. What does the rest of the pool deck look like? Any hints as to how we got this thing up here?

"You've got to be fucking kidding me..."

Took the words right out of my mouth.

"This law is not commonly enforced, but you are a high profile individual and on the whole the Floridian legal system seems to be rather tired of their state being used as a roulette marriage state. There are already videos of you two going at it the internet. And honestly sir, if you want to fire me, fire me... just remember what happened to the last three guys you had on your staff..."

"Where the hell did they get videos?" No, really, this is a more serious issue than just there being vids of me having sex on the internet. If it happened in the 9th Layer than _any_ reputation for confidentiality and privacy it had - something I imagine very important for the business - has been taken out back and shot. In other words, it's costing me _money_.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Mon May 26, 2014 3:30 pm

Rieverre wrote:That certainly appears to be the case. Still not sure about the traffic cone.

It's not a good night if you don't get a traffic cone.

It's the Pickelhaube you should be worried about...

... we must be very snug, considering that thing's a 2-seater. What does the rest of the pool deck look like? Any hints as to how we got this thing up here?

No idea... no idea at all...

Took the words right out of my mouth.

Heh.

"Where the hell did they get videos?" No, really, this is a more serious issue than just there being vids of me having sex on the internet. If it happened in the 9th Layer than _any_ reputation for confidentiality and privacy it had - something I imagine very important for the business - has been taken out back and shot. In other words, it's costing me _money_.

"Well sir, you didn't exactly wait until you were in your suite... and the penthouse pool deck is open air."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Mon May 26, 2014 3:45 pm

Psyckosama wrote:It's not a good night if you don't get a traffic cone.

It's the Pickelhaube you should be worried about...

"Okay, I give up. Did we somehow end up at a costume store last night?"

The other three options are reenactors, time-travel, and Nemesis-plot.

I'm _really_ hoping we didn't accidentally start World War I.

"Well sir, you didn't exactly wait until you were in your suite... and the penthouse pool deck is open air."

On one hand, looks like we're shit out of luck ...

... on the other ...

"Do _you_ have any idea how we got this car up here?" Since he implied someone uploaded shots of the penthouse pool deck.

Anyway, after the conversation is over I look at the Boss ...

"This must be what they mean when saying someone's just screwed themselves over. And over. And over."
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Mon May 26, 2014 3:50 pm

Rieverre wrote:"Okay, I give up. Did we somehow end up at a costume store last night?"

"No fucking clue..."

The other three options are reenactors, time-travel, and Nemesis-plot.

I'm _really_ hoping we didn't accidentally start World War I.

Well, the helmet is authentic...

Its stamped 1879.

On one hand, looks like we're shit out of luck ...

... on the other ...

"Do _you_ have any idea how we got this car up here?" Since he implied someone uploaded shots of the penthouse pool deck.

"Nope!"

Anyway, after the conversation is over I look at the Boss ...

"This must be what they mean when saying someone's just screwed themselves over. And over. And over."

She sums up her words with one extremely elegant and sacrosanct statement.

"Fuck"

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Mon May 26, 2014 4:00 pm

Psyckosama wrote:Well, the helmet is authentic...

Its stamped 1879.

It's a mystery ...

"Nope!"

... it's probably on youtube anyway. I'll check later.

She sums up her words with one extremely elegant and sacrosanct statement.

"Fuck"

There's literally nothing you can say to that other than ...

"So, you want to grab some breakfast?"

Time to see if the penthouse has a stocked kitchen and if so, crack open some eggs ...

... after I find my pants. Or grab a pair from the closets of whoever it belonged to before the Saints rolled in. Cooking in your altogether is a quick path to pain.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Mon May 26, 2014 11:44 pm

Rieverre wrote:It's a mystery ...

At least you didn't invade another country...

... it's probably on youtube anyway. I'll check later.

It is... damn... hot damn...

There's literally nothing you can say to that other than ...

"So, you want to grab some breakfast?"

"Fine... the fuck are we going to do now?" she pauses "Though if you think I am going to make you breakfast like a good wife, I will let Shaundi shoot you."

Time to see if the penthouse has a stocked kitchen and if so, crack open some eggs ...

... after I find my pants. Or grab a pair from the closets of whoever it belonged to before the Saints rolled in. Cooking in your altogether is a quick path to pain.

You find them...

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Tue May 27, 2014 12:01 am

Psyckosama wrote:At least you didn't invade another country...

That doesn't necessarily make me feel any better.

It is... damn... hot damn...

I'll bite ... what happened?

"Fine... the fuck are we going to do now?" she pauses "Though if you think I am going to make you breakfast like a good wife, I will let Shaundi shoot you."

"Right, because we've been working with traditional gender roles thus far," I snark back. "The rest? We've been pretty good at figuring things out one day at a time. So right now, I'm either going to go find out if this place has eggs in the kitchen. Otherwise, we just invoke the magic of takeout delivery. Actually, let's do that. I could murder a good curry. Or pizza. Or a curry pizza."

You find them...

The pants or the eggs? Am I about to get an uncomfortable glimpse into the live of the penthouse's previous occupants?
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Tue May 27, 2014 12:12 am

Rieverre wrote:That doesn't necessarily make me feel any better.

Not meant to.

I'll bite ... what happened?

Is that... did you... how?

Seriously, the human body can't DO that...

"Right, because we've been working with traditional gender roles thus far," I snark back. "The rest? We've been pretty good at figuring things out one day at a time. So right now, I'm either going to go find out if this place has eggs in the kitchen. Otherwise, we just invoke the magic of takeout delivery. Actually, let's do that. I could murder a good curry. Or pizza. Or a curry pizza."

She blinks. "Curry... Pizza?"

The pants or the eggs? Am I about to get an uncomfortable glimpse into the live of the penthouse's previous occupants?

Yes. And frankly, it's rather clean. This place was not a personal house but more a company compound.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Tue May 27, 2014 12:27 am

Psyckosama wrote:Is that... did you... how?

Seriously, the human body can't DO that...

... I actually meant about how we got that helmet, or how the car got onto the roof, not that part. Um. Yeah.

Huh.

I frown.

"You know, that looks pretty uncomfortable, but we obviously look like we're having fun. That or screaming in horrible pain and both secretly masochistic."

... chances are this devolves into MST3King our own sex tape.

She blinks. "Curry... Pizza?"

"Pineapple, curry sauce and chicken. It's not bad. One of those things you crave at three in the morning after the pubs have mostly shut down," I look around the penthouse. "We should probably just get a stack of whatever delivered for when whoever else stayed around wakes up."

Yes. And frankly, it's rather clean. This place was not a personal house but more a company compound.

Oh. Well. Might as well buy it then. Hell, if we're here anyway might as well check if there's a quote floating around for the building as a whole. With the redevelopment project, we were going to set up a corporate office _anyway_ and this is just convenient.

Well, at least I have pants now. Wait, no, I've got people who can take care of that for me. I call the hotel and get the chopper to fly over some of my clothes. Also, might as well get them to pick up the pizzas and take care of everything in one go.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Tue May 27, 2014 11:38 am

Rieverre wrote:... I actually meant about how we got that helmet, or how the car got onto the roof, not that part. Um. Yeah.

Heh.

Huh.

I frown.

"You know, that looks pretty uncomfortable, but we obviously look like we're having fun. That or screaming in horrible pain and both secretly masochistic."

... chances are this devolves into MST3King our own sex tape.

Yep... and assigning all the new moves names.

"We should write a book, yes?"

"Pineapple, curry sauce and chicken. It's not bad. One of those things you crave at three in the morning after the pubs have mostly shut down," I look around the penthouse. "We should probably just get a stack of whatever delivered for when whoever else stayed around wakes up."

"If you say so."

Oh. Well. Might as well buy it then. Hell, if we're here anyway might as well check if there's a quote floating around for the building as a whole. With the redevelopment project, we were going to set up a corporate office _anyway_ and this is just convenient.

No, but you do find the safe. Goddamn that's a lot of deeds. Seems that half the businesses in the city are in that box.

With that you could almost literally buy out the syndicate's control of Steeport... if you had the money. Which you do.

Well, at least I have pants now. Wait, no, I've got people who can take care of that for me. I call the hotel and get the chopper to fly over some of my clothes. Also, might as well get them to pick up the pizzas and take care of everything in one go.

The chopper arrives within the hour.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Tue May 27, 2014 4:20 pm

Psyckosama wrote:Yep... and assigning all the new moves names.

"We should write a book, yes?"

"That or an edition of the kama-sutra."

No, but you do find the safe. Goddamn that's a lot of deeds. Seems that half the businesses in the city are in that box.

With that you could almost literally buy out the syndicate's control of Steeport... if you had the money. Which you do.

Huh. Why the heck would they keep those here instead of, say, in that huge-ass tower of theirs that has all the security? Not that I'm complaining, but it's a little suspicious.

I'll have the lawyers look those over and if they're genuine coordinate with the Boss - ideally I want the buyout to happen (or at least the papers to be filed) when the Saints are drawing most of the Syndicate's attention, so that there's fewer chance of intervention. Hmm. That would require a nice and big target.

Like, say, the Safeword ^^

I'm less interested in the prostitution part, more in the inevitable files we can find there - if I recall, Loren's twins handle both that _and_ human trafficking, so there's bound to be information on the latter there. And both the Boss and myself have a bit of a madon for that particular enterprise.

Now, how to go about this ...

... oh. I know! Hat trick! Well, for her, not for me, but it's swiftly becoming tradition that we do these things after diving out of an aircraft flying overhead.

The chopper arrives within the hour.

Food! I have them drop the pies in the kitchen. The smell is going to wake up the other Saints soon enough, and meanwhile the Boss and I get first pick ^^
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Tue May 27, 2014 9:46 pm

Rieverre wrote:"That or an edition of the kama-sutra."

"Sounds good...." she yawns. "Ugh, I think I was laying on the stick shift."

Huh. Why the heck would they keep those here instead of, say, in that huge-ass tower of theirs that has all the security? Not that I'm complaining, but it's a little suspicious.

This was one of their smaller HQs...

Call it a plot device.

I'll have the lawyers look those over and if they're genuine coordinate with the Boss - ideally I want the buyout to happen (or at least the papers to be filed) when the Saints are drawing most of the Syndicate's attention, so that there's fewer chance of intervention. Hmm. That would require a nice and big target.

They are all 100% on the level... (seriously, this was the in game justification for buying property)

Like, say, the Safeword ^^

Safeword isn't technically there.

I'm less interested in the prostitution part, more in the inevitable files we can find there - if I recall, Loren's twins handle both that _and_ human trafficking, so there's bound to be information on the latter there. And both the Boss and myself have a bit of a madon for that particular enterprise.

Her eyes narrow a bit. She does. And no, she does not explain why.

Now, how to go about this ...

... oh. I know! Hat trick! Well, for her, not for me, but it's swiftly becoming tradition that we do these things after diving out of an aircraft flying overhead.

We'll see.Right now she wats coffee and to think of how to hurt Loren next.

Food! I have them drop the pies in the kitchen. The smell is going to wake up the other Saints soon enough, and meanwhile the Boss and I get first pick ^^

Shaundi walks in and grabs a slice. "What are you still doing there?"

Pierce grabs one. "Yeah, ain't you two having that shit anulled?"

The boss shrugs. "They refuse to do it."

"Wait, what?" Shaundi blinks. "You two are staying Married?!"

"The fuck, boss?" Pierce exclaims.

"I know Pierce, and I'm sorry to let this happen..."

"Don't gotta apologize to me!"

"But until the lawyers can handle it... we're stuck."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Wed May 28, 2014 4:37 am

Psyckosama wrote:"Sounds good...." she yawns. "Ugh, I think I was laying on the stick shift."

"Something to keep in mind for the future I guess," I try to muster up some witticism but, well, she's right there, in her altogether, and stretching with that yawn ... it's very distracting.

They are all 100% on the level... (seriously, this was the in game justification for buying property)

Ah. I do faintly recall something to that effect. I'd almost forgotten they did that.

Safeword isn't technically there.

Really? It was right there, next to the airport ... wait, did the hotel I own effectively replace it?

Her eyes narrow a bit. She does. And no, she does not explain why.

It's also one of the idiosyncrasies that is plain useful. The good PR that can be spun out of the Saints breaking up a human trafficking ring ... well, you get the idea.

We'll see.Right now she wats coffee and to think of how to hurt Loren next.

Well, if Safeword technically isn't there anymore ... you know, considering this me's lfiestyle I'm surprised I don't have the address of whatever the equivalent of it is in my contacts list already. I check just to make sure. If it's not there, well, the people we were making the redevelopment deal with would probably know. I'll indicate to my legal team to schooze a bit with them and see what they can dig up on the city's sex trade in general.

Anyway, the issue at the moment appears to be fairly straightforward - the Saints need armed manpower to go storming the castle. Well, okay, Boss could probably solo at least some of it, but backup is nice.

Fortunately, while we don't have that volume of guns ... Loren does. Both in the Friendly Fire franchises he owns, and (unless that's missing here too) the Powder Room. Which is his own competing brand. He's basically got the arms trade here cornered, which is a sweet deal and fortunate for the Saints.

So ... I suggest to the Boss, while handing her a mug of steaming java, a buyout of local Friendly Fire franchises in concert with hitting the Powder Room. Other than prostitution and human trafficking, this is Morningstar's big moneymaker, it has stuff the Saints can make use of, and it's Loren's flagship enterprise that he got his start it.

Essentially, it's hitting him right in the balls and sending a message.

Shaundi walks in and grabs a slice. "What are you still doing there?"

"Sorry I don't conform to your expectations of the male gender."

Pierce grabs one. "Yeah, ain't you two having that shit anulled?"

The boss shrugs. "They refuse to do it."

"Wait, what?" Shaundi blinks. "You two are staying Married?!"

"The fuck, boss?" Pierce exclaims.

"I know Pierce, and I'm sorry to let this happen..."

"Don't gotta apologize to me!"

"But until the lawyers can handle it... we're stuck."

I look at the Boss. I look at Pierce. "Wait, so you two were ..." I trail off.

Yeah, I know it was probably more a case of the Boss pursuing and Pierce running away but I sense potential for amusement in asking this question.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Wed May 28, 2014 10:43 am

Rieverre wrote:"Something to keep in mind for the future I guess," I try to muster up some witticism but, well, she's right there, in her altogether, and stretching with that yawn ... it's very distracting.

*Yawn*

Ah. I do faintly recall something to that effect. I'd almost forgotten they did that.

Yep.

Really? It was right there, next to the airport ... wait, did the hotel I own effectively replace it?

No. You're actually part of the Airport complex.

It's also one of the idiosyncrasies that is plain useful. The good PR that can be spun out of the Saints breaking up a human trafficking ring ... well, you get the idea.

"You're right. We'll need Cameras..."

Well, if Safeword technically isn't there anymore ... you know, considering this me's lfiestyle I'm surprised I don't have the address of whatever the equivalent of it is in my contacts list already.

It is.

I check just to make sure. If it's not there, well, the people we were making the redevelopment deal with would probably know. I'll indicate to my legal team to schooze a bit with them and see what they can dig up on the city's sex trade in general.

It's there.

Anyway, the issue at the moment appears to be fairly straightforward - the Saints need armed manpower to go storming the castle. Well, okay, Boss could probably solo at least some of it, but backup is nice.

True...

Hmmm... you willing to front them the use of your private jet?

I mean, there's several HUNDRED homie in stillwater just waiting to represent...

Fortunately, while we don't have that volume of guns ... Loren does. Both in the Friendly Fire franchises he owns, and (unless that's missing here too) the Powder Room. Which is his own competing brand. He's basically got the arms trade here cornered, which is a sweet deal and fortunate for the Saints.

True. True... And he owns ever Friendly Fire in the city.

So ... I suggest to the Boss, while handing her a mug of steaming java, a buyout of local Friendly Fire franchises in concert with hitting the Powder Room. Other than prostitution and human trafficking, this is Morningstar's big moneymaker, it has stuff the Saints can make use of, and it's Loren's flagship enterprise that he got his start it.

"Would you be willing to front us some cash? Because if you did... we could buy out EVERY Friendly Fire in the city."

Essentially, it's hitting him right in the balls and sending a message.

She likes the idea. She just wants to go big.

And when they hit Powder Room,will you be coming?

"Sorry I don't conform to your expectations of the male gender."

"No, I just remember you being like a ninja. Do the deed and you're gone."

I look at the Boss. I look at Pierce. "Wait, so you two were ..." I trail off.

Pierce blinks. "What? No. Where you get that idea?"

He honestly looks confused.

Yeah, I know it was probably more a case of the Boss pursuing and Pierce running away but I sense potential for amusement in asking this question.

Heh.

The Boss simply sighs.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Wed May 28, 2014 11:13 am

Psyckosama wrote:"You're right. We'll need Cameras..."

Those are easy enough to get hands on. Hell, why not outright call Jane Valderama and ask if she wants to come with. Exclusive and everything.

It's there.

In retrospect, Powder Room still seems like a better first strike target.

True...

Hmmm... you willing to front them the use of your private jet?

I mean, there's several HUNDRED homie in stillwater just waiting to represent...

Wouldn't really work. It's zippy but as a tradeoff, two dozen is about the load limit.

On the other hand, I'll bet good money I can charter a more reasonably sized aircraft easily enough ... it would go even easier if the homies didn't mind strapping into a cargo hold.

"Would you be willing to front us some cash? Because if you did... we could buy out EVERY Friendly Fire in the city."

"That was the general idea. It would probably be easier to just have me buy the lot. Less of a hassle with transfers and we can work out the details of that later."

She likes the idea. She just wants to go big.

And taking over every gun-store in the city while at the same time hitting Loren's flagship enterprise isn't big enough?

And when they hit Powder Room,will you be coming?

Well, unlike the banana republic caper, I'm actually sober now ... more or less ...

... but yeah, sure, might as well. I'm already paying my lawyers ridiculous amounts, might as well make them earn it.

"No, I just remember you being like a ninja. Do the deed and you're gone."

"Funny, I remember giving up on trying to wake you when noon came around. Or did you think that breakfast magically materialized in your kitchen when you finally did get around to consciousness?"

Pierce blinks. "What? No. Where you get that idea?"

He honestly looks confused.

Ow. Wow. "Nowhere, Pierce. Nowhere at all." He is _oblivious_ ... though maybe that's a self-defense mechanism.

I mouth "I am so sorry" at the Boss when Pierce isn't looking.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Wed May 28, 2014 12:26 pm

Rieverre wrote:Those are easy enough to get hands on. Hell, why not outright call Jane Valderama and ask if she wants to come with. Exclusive and everything.

"... I'll talk to Pierce."

In retrospect, Powder Room still seems like a better first strike target.

Heh.

Wouldn't really work. It's zippy but as a tradeoff, two dozen is about the load limit.

On the other hand, I'll bet good money I can charter a more reasonably sized aircraft easily enough ... it would go even easier if the homies didn't mind strapping into a cargo hold.

Some of them would bitch... but the Boss would silence it soon enough.

Be better to have them leave from an out of city airfield... not representing.

Would be even better if... hmmm... The boss will come up with a plan.

You're not sure you like that smile...

"That was the general idea. It would probably be easier to just have me buy the lot. Less of a hassle with transfers and we can work out the details of that later."

"So official business partnership?"

And taking over every gun-store in the city while at the same time hitting Loren's flagship enterprise isn't big enough?

You're given a look as if its a stupid question."

Well, unlike the banana republic caper, I'm actually sober now ... more or less ...

... but yeah, sure, might as well. I'm already paying my lawyers ridiculous amounts, might as well make them earn it.

"Alright... how well do you know how to fight?"

You suddenly remember something... you've hired several female assassins over the years including, but not limited to the Huntress (Paula Nguyen) before she was crippled and Lady Fucking Shiva to teach you martial arts... mainly because... well... one of your fetishes is women who can kill you with a sideways glare...

And let me put it this way, they made you learn.

"Funny, I remember giving up on trying to wake you when noon came around. Or did you think that breakfast magically materialized in your kitchen when you finally did get around to consciousness?"

"I was kind of baked out of my mind at the time..."

Ow. Wow. "Nowhere, Pierce. Nowhere at all." He is _oblivious_ ... though maybe that's a self-defense mechanism.

Heh.

I mouth "I am so sorry" at the Boss when Pierce isn't looking.

She sighs.

"So, when are we going to do this?"

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum