Giant Stompy Robots
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus!

4 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus! - Page 2 Empty Re: Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus!

Post by Brian Boru Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:13 am

Psyckosama wrote:What happens next is an act of Epic Badassery that would fit any AAA hollywood action film. You quickly liberate one of them from his bow, and silently you sneak around either slitting throats, breaking necks, or filling people with arrows. It's not the fastest but not a single one of them sees it coming. Even when the last man is brought down, an arrow through his eye, he had no idea that the others were anything but standing ready.

Heh, heh, heh awesome.

I make sure to tell the others what I managed to pull on these fuckers. How many were there?

You dump him down. He's still out like a light.

When it's explained, all of them get his hard look. Yep. There's gonna be torture!

He wakes up tired to a stool naked, his legs wide spread...

"You want to do the honors boy?"

I walk up to the man and start playing with a knife, cleaning out under my nails as I talk, doing some fancy knife play. "Well, the sleeper awakens. How are you feeling? Now don't leave just yet. There are a few questions I'd like to ask you. You see someone's been trying to kill me ever since I left the Vale. I've been poisoned, stabbed, burned, assaulted. And now...almost ambushed. People have gotten killed because of it and now I'd like to know why. Now we can do this the easy way, or the fun way." When I say 'fun way', I hurl the knife so that it lands between his legs, close enough to important things that he could feel the breeze off of it. "So I have some questions and you will answer them, and we do this the easy way yes?"

Brian Boru carried out 1 launched of one d10 :

Edd

I toss a knife up into the air, and then with the same motion catch it by the blade and throw it over my shoulder to get a bulls eye.

"Passable."

THen I repeat 2 more times.

"...indeed."

I'll have to ask how they got on later.

First time I've ever WANTED Robert to end up with a woman in his bed...

Heh

Thank you. It was a pleasure and an honor. He cousin is quite the warrior. There are few others, man or woman, whom I'd rather have by my side in a scrape.

She blinks at that but recover's quickly and bows, saying that her prince is too generous in his praise.

"Good luck." And it's left at that.

Heh

"You know, normally I don't like to see others belittled or humiliated... but hes one of those men whom no matter what you do to him, you just can't feel bad because he'll always deserve worse."

"Ha!"

I smile. It's a start. "To justice done."

I look down at the body. "So, might suggest... matching book ends?"

Laugh or not, lets move on.

That actually does get a laugh out of him, better than the chamber pot idea, too small.

He then says, "So this is the man who can out muscle the mountain, and battles armies of wolves single-handed. I must say, even I wasn't that good when I was your age. I am curious to see what the future brings."
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus! - Page 2 Empty Re: Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus!

Post by Psyckosama Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:34 am

Brian Boru wrote:I make sure to tell the others what I managed to pull on these fuckers.  How many were there?

Twenty-Five...

I walk up to the man and start playing with a knife, cleaning out under my nails as I talk, doing some fancy knife play.  "Well, the sleeper awakens.  How are you feeling?  Now don't leave just yet.  There are a few questions I'd like to ask you.  You see someone's been trying to kill me ever since I left the Vale. I've been poisoned, stabbed, burned, assaulted. And now...almost ambushed.  People have gotten killed because of it and now I'd like to know why.  Now we can do this the easy way, or the fun way."  When I say 'fun way', I hurl the knife so that it lands between his legs, close enough to important things that he could feel the breeze off of it.  "So I have some questions and you will answer them, and we do this the easy way yes?"

OOC Shit man... you pretty much got it all in one...

Well, it takes a while but you manage to get him to break without too much lasting damage.

He's Ser Humfrey Swyft... He's part of a group operating under royal order called the Bloodseekers who have been tasked with making sure there are not threats to the claims of the king's legitimate children...

Edd

"...indeed."

"It's all in the wrist."

Heh

Not an answer. Rolling Eyes

She blinks at that but recover's quickly and bows, saying that her prince is too generous in his praise.

"I'm serious. You're a solid fighter with bigger stones than half the knights in Westeros. I'm sure my father will say the same once you two fight a few more times. It might take a couple more blows to the head to loose that Andel bias but he's a surprisingly apt student."

I look over to Robert and smile. He knows that smile... I'm THINKING.

That actually does get a laugh out of him, better than the chamber pot idea, too small.

Nah, use the helmet for that....

He then says, "So this is the man who can out muscle the mountain, and battles armies of wolves single-handed.  I must say, even I wasn't that good when I was your age.  I am curious to see what the future brings."

"Much good I hope.... shall we retire to more private environs? The main event is over and I'm sure Prince Oberyn would love to get a good look Prince Duran's new paper weight."

Anyways lets relax.

I speak to robert later about the following ideas.

First, if he likes her... offer Obara a place in the Goldcloaks. Gives her a reason to be close and a job. Being a kept woman would drive her to insanity rather quickly and it would honor the honor the Martells.

The second, I'm thinking we can't trust the spider. Spymasters are dangerous and he worked for the dragons. Can we be sure of his loyalty? I think we should invite Oberyn to Kings Landing to eother become the new Master of Whispers or in an role designed to be both complimentary and redundant. Master of Shadows anyone? :p

Anyways, I do spent a lot more time with the princess. Mostly making friends, connections, and light flirting.

Psyckosama
Admin

https://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:20 am

Brian Boru wrote:True but she isn't exactly tickled mister too busy for girls suddenly has this girl in his life as well right when you finally figure out she's pined after you for years.  That and Hennah's kinda egging it just a hair.

... well, I was going to be living in interesting times anyway so this shouldn't be too much of a problem, right? Right?

... I'm doomed aren't I? My doom is one of killer curves that one can probably bounce a silver stag off of though, so the jury's still out as to whether this is or isn't a bad thing.

That...seems to mollify and embarrass the two of them and the two of them apologize to each other and you as well.  Maybe not friends but they promise to try and get along.

That went better than expected. Well, I'll wrap up with a hug to both. And yes, I acknowledge I now owe Mya All The Dresses on our next shopping excursion, for putting her through that. Then we head back to the Gates. I'm hoping Myranda isn't in too bad a mood.

And that about covers everything I'd intended to do here on leaving the Crownlands, bar grabbing Mychel and Ser Martyn and dragging them to town for a goodbye drink a night or two before we were going to leave.

Now the only remaining question is why Nestor wanted me to wait a bit more before leaving (something that I was going to do anyway, but since he felt the need to mention that ...)

Actually, no, that and going to the kitchens to either pick up some spices for the trip back to the Crownlands or find out where in town to stop to do so once we set off. A good meal can do wonders to soothe tempers and smooth over differences, and I get the feeling every little bit is going to help.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:20 am

Psyckosama wrote:Twenty-Five...

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAA!

OOC Shit man... you pretty much got it all in one...

My ship have finally come in!

Well, it takes a while but you manage to get him to break without too much lasting damage.

He's Ser Humfrey Swyft... He's part of a group operating under royal order called the Bloodseekers who have been tasked with making sure there are not threats to the claims of the king's legitimate children...

I positively bristle at that.

"Well I assume the King isn't part of this. From what I've heard bastards don't concern him. This is also too subtle, no I think this is someone else."

I turn back to the man, "A few more questions, are there anymore groups of your....order here between us and King's Landing. Who leads these Bloodseekers?"

Once I get the answers for that I turn to the others, "Well I've gotten what I want from him, anything else you want to ask before we deal with him?"

"And on that note how SHOULD we deal with him? I'm a bit ambivalent to be honest, we could cold cock him and tie him to a tree right off the road. Or we could slit his throat right here and now. I'm sure a few of you need some gear that was lost in that fire earlier."

Edd

"It's all in the wrist."

"...fascinating..." you might have piqued her interest.

"I'm serious. You're a solid fighter with bigger stones than half the knights in Westeros. I'm sure my father will say the same once you two fight a few more times. It might take a couple more blows to the head to loose that Andel bias but he's a surprisingly apt student."

I look over to Robert and smile. He knows that smile... I'm THINKING.

And he gets that 'oh gods' look on HIS face.

Nah, use the helmet for that....

That gets a laugh.

"Much good I hope.... shall we retire to more private environs? The main event is over and I'm sure Prince Oberyn would love to get a good look Prince Duran's new paper weight."

Heh he agrees.

Anyways lets relax.

Heh

I speak to robert later about the following ideas.

First, if he likes her... offer Obara a place in the Goldcloaks. Gives her a reason to be close and a job. Being a kept woman would drive her to insanity rather quickly and it would honor the honor the Martells.

Extremely unprecidented but frankly any woman who can fight like that would do alright anywhere. Though she'd be a peacekeeper, NOT a stonecold killer, regimented life like that would likely drive her batty.

The second, I'm thinking we can't trust the spider. Spymasters are dangerous and he worked for the dragons. Can we be sure of his loyalty? I think we should invite Oberyn to Kings Landing to eother become the new Master of Whispers or in an role designed to be both complimentary and redundant. Master of Shadows anyone? :p

Not so sure about that. Oberyn is clever, and he is certainly cunning, but he is NOT a information broker. Subtlty annoys him, and he'd likely blow things sky high if you made him a spy master. Then there's somehow penetrating Varys's spy network, something NO ONE is still sure about. Nobel offers but you might want to rethink some of these.

Anyways, I do spent a lot more time with the princess. Mostly making friends, connections, and light flirting.

Arriane DOES seem to take a shine to you. A bastard that skyrocketed to one of the highest places in the land and is the heir to the Ironthrone, and all won by the strength of your arm and wit.

As you're heading for bed she happens to get close enough to whisper into your ear. "Third tower, empty servant's quarters. on 2nd topmost floor." Do you go?

Rieverre wrote:... well, I was going to be living in interesting times anyway so this shouldn't be too much of a problem, right? Right?

HA

... I'm doomed aren't I? My doom is one of killer curves that one can probably bounce a silver stag off of though, so the jury's still out as to whether this is or isn't a bad thing.

Well technically speaking Myranda's got the upper hand here, but she's also smart enough to realize that you DON'T have the tendency of most noble born to dismiss the small-folk, meaning this is real competition for your affection here.

Silver stag? HAH try a fistful of dragons!

That went better than expected. Well, I'll wrap up with a hug to both. And yes, I acknowledge I now owe Mya All The Dresses on our next shopping excursion, for putting her through that. Then we head back to the Gates. I'm hoping Myranda isn't in too bad a mood.

She demands you spend some extra time with her but she isn't HORRIBLY upset at the moment. She's sure she has certain...assesets that beat out Hennah for the moment.

And that about covers everything I'd intended to do here on leaving the Crownlands, bar grabbing Mychel and Ser Martyn and dragging them to town for a goodbye drink a night or two before we were going to leave.

Any sort of class for your last drink or will just any dive suffice?

Now the only remaining question is why Nestor wanted me to wait a bit more before leaving (something that I was going to do anyway, but since he felt the need to mention that ...)

Mostly to process that yes his little girl is leaving home, and to send the messages to all the suitors that someone beat them out.

Actually, no, that and going to the kitchens to either pick up some spices for the trip back to the Crownlands or find out where in town to stop to do so once we set off. A good meal can do wonders to soothe tempers and smooth over differences, and I get the feeling every little bit is going to help.

Roll a d10 for success on that front.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:38 am

Brian Boru wrote:I positively bristle at that.

"Well I assume the King isn't part of this.  From what I've heard bastards don't concern him.  This is also too subtle, no I think this is someone else."

"King knows bugger all."

I turn back to the man, "A few more questions, are there anymore groups of your....order here between us and King's Landing.  Who leads these Bloodseekers?"

"Ser Valarr Hill..." he pauses, "And the irony is not lost on me, I assure you."

Once I get the answers for that I turn to the others, "Well I've gotten what I want from him, anything else you want to ask before we deal with him?"

Roll a d10

"And on that note how SHOULD we deal with him?  I'm a bit ambivalent to be honest, we could cold cock him and tie him to a tree right off the road.  Or we could slit his throat right here and now.  I'm sure a few of you need some gear that was lost in that fire earlier."

Well, there is a small army of dead sellswords and hedge knights a couple of miles up yonder road...

Edd

"...fascinating..."  you might have piqued her interest.

I give lessons.

And he gets that 'oh gods' look on HIS face.

I laugh and bid them a good day.

That gets a laugh.

"What? I'm serious. I still have his helmet. Been thinking of having it turned into a chamber pot and sent to his brother. Man'll probably appreciate it. Half the man's face looks like jerked beef and I have three guesses as to how it ended up like that. The first one starts with a G and the other two don't count." I pause, "And I do owe the man a kindness since it was my actions that lead to him being married to Cercei fucking Lannister."

Extremely unprecidented but frankly any woman who can fight like that would do alright anywhere.  Though she'd be a peacekeeper, NOT a stonecold killer, regimented life like that would likely drive her batty.

True... but lets be honest, the gold cloaks these days are bought and sold. They need someone willing to laugh off an offer of bribery and then hang them by their own intestines.

It wouldn't be a perminate job. Call her a trouble shooter. She finds the trouble, then she shoots it.

Not so sure about that.  Oberyn is clever, and he is certainly cunning, but he is NOT a information broker.  Subtlty annoys him, and he'd likely blow things sky high if you made him a spy master.  Then there's somehow penetrating Varys's spy network, something NO ONE is still sure about.  Nobel offers but you might want to rethink some of these.

OOC I don't think you give the man enough credit. He always came off to me like he was working on multiple levels. Just when his blood gets going he can lose his focus.

Arriane DOES seem to take a shine to you.  A bastard that skyrocketed to one of the highest places in the land and is the heir to the Ironthrone, and all won by the strength of your arm and wit.

And I treat her as an absolute equal. She's a noble woman and a heir to a kingdom. It's not an empire, but still highly respectable to say the least.

As you're heading for bed she happens to get close enough to whisper into your ear.  "Third tower, empty servant's quarters. on 2nd topmost floor."  Do you go?

Yes. With a baggy of moon tea in my pouch.

Rieverre wrote:... well, I was going to be living in interesting times anyway so this shouldn't be too much of a problem, right? Right?

HA

Well technically speaking Myranda's got the upper hand here, but she's also smart enough to realize that you DON'T have the tendency of most noble born to dismiss the small-folk, meaning this is real competition for your affection here.

Silver stag?  HAH  try a fistful of dragons!

She demands you spend some extra time with her but she isn't HORRIBLY upset at the moment.  She's sure she has certain...assesets that beat out Hennah for the moment.

Mostly to process that yes his little girl is leaving home, and to send the messages to all the suitors that someone beat them out.

Roll a d10 for success on that front.[/quote]

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:40 am

Brian Boru wrote:Well technically speaking Myranda's got the upper hand here, but she's also smart enough to realize that you DON'T have the tendency of most noble born to dismiss the small-folk, meaning this is real competition for your affection here.

Silver stag?  HAH  try a fistful of dragons!

Now to convince them that it doesn't have to be a competition. Unless said competition involves mud-wrestling in the nude maybe, because that's one I can get behind. And in front of. And over. Ahem.

She demands you spend some extra time with her but she isn't HORRIBLY upset at the moment.  She's sure she has certain...assesets that beat out Hennah for the moment.

Should not be too difficult considering my lack of plans beyond 'spar in the morning' and such. And no, despite having access to moon tea now, I don't mean _that_ kind of extra time. Would be kind of crass given the situation. So, spend time with Myranda, poking around the castle, talking about King's Landing and the holdfast (what was its name anyway?), making plans or more likely idle speculation as to what the future might bring. I make it obvious that I'm going to be taking whatever advice she has into account.

Any dive? No. While there's a certain level of 'dive-ness' expected given the situation, I'd prefer somewhere where they _don't_ water the wine down horribly and you're going to get the runs after eating the kind of thing you'd expect to be craving at 3 in the morning after a few bottles or pints of ale.

And here I'd been hoping it was to find one or two trustworthy souls to go with her as bodyguards. Or chaperones, if Albar ever gets at the job description. Actually, I'll ask Myranda if she's going to be taking any servants or such along. And how much of a wardrobe she's bringing.

Roll a d10 for success on that front.

rolling
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Dice Bot Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:40 am

The member 'Rieverre' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd10' : 10

Dice Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:45 am

Jesus man... come on Brian, give the guy a break. I'll cut you some slack on your next shit roll.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:56 am

Well, considering the last time I got a bad roll on looking for stuff was also the time I got to shoot a shadowcat and take its pelt, this is likely going to be Gabe getting ambushed by Bloodseekers or something similar.

... or, to be less dramatic, a band of drunks led by That Guy Last Seen On A Wheelbarrow.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:16 am

Psyckosama wrote:"King knows bugger all."

"Thought so. Only one I can really think of who'd do something like this is possibly the...well I think I have an idea who it is."

"Ser Valarr Hill..." he pauses, "And the irony is not lost on me, I assure you."

"Any idea where he is?"

Roll a d10

Well, there is a small army of dead sellswords and hedge knights a couple of miles up yonder road...

"Right, forgot about those."

Edd

I give lessons.

We'll see how those lessons go.

Takes a little time for that though she does seem to take to it.

I laugh and bid them a good day.

Kool.

"What? I'm serious. I still have his helmet. Been thinking of having it turned into a chamber pot and sent to his brother. Man'll probably appreciate it. Half the man's face looks like jerked beef and I have three guesses as to how it ended up like that. The first one starts with a G and the other two don't count." I pause, "And I do owe the man a kindness since it was my actions that lead to him being married to Cercei fucking Lannister."

That gets even more laughter.

True... but lets be honest, the gold cloaks these days are bought and sold. They need someone willing to laugh off an offer of bribery and then hang them by their own intestines.

It wouldn't be a permanent job. Call her a trouble shooter. She finds the trouble, then she shoots it.

Well maybe acting as a watchdog might work but she'll need someone who can work numbers as she's NEVER wanted to deal with that.

OOC I don't think you give the man enough credit. He always came off to me like he was working on multiple levels. Just when his blood gets going he can lose his focus.

Well...maybe you have a point. But multiple organizations doing the same damn job is just asking for pain!

And I treat her as an absolute equal. She's a noble woman and a heir to a kingdom. It's not an empire, but still highly respectable to say the least.

And she appreciates it.

Yes. With a baggy of moon tea in my pouch.

And it's about what you'd expect. Well you might have met Myranda Royce's match when it comes to curves.

Rieverre wrote:Now to convince them that it doesn't have to be a competition. Unless said competition involves mud-wrestling in the nude maybe, because that's one I can get behind. And in front of. And over. Ahem.

...you might want to wipe that drool off your face.

Should not be too difficult considering my lack of plans beyond 'spar in the morning' and such. And no, despite having access to moon tea now, I don't mean _that_ kind of extra time. Would be kind of crass given the situation. So, spend time with Myranda, poking around the castle, talking about King's Landing and the holdfast (what was its name anyway?), making plans or more likely idle speculation as to what the future might bring. I make it obvious that I'm going to be taking whatever advice she has into account.

It goes pretty well.

Any dive? No. While there's a certain level of 'dive-ness' expected given the situation, I'd prefer somewhere where they _don't_ water the wine down horribly and you're going to get the runs after eating the kind of thing you'd expect to be craving at 3 in the morning after a few bottles or pints of ale.

Alright, decent bar many craftsmen go to. Beer's great but not much wine. Food's alright as well. A good evening and a good farewell to home.

And here I'd been hoping it was to find one or two trustworthy souls to go with her as bodyguards. Or chaperones, if Albar ever gets at the job description. Actually, I'll ask Myranda if she's going to be taking any servants or such along. And how much of a wardrobe she's bringing.

Actually he sent a Septa, a harridan of a woman who made chills go up everyone's spines when she was upset. And standard amount of clothing. Also coming along is one handmaid, a younger daughter of one of the knightly families handling the intermediate gates up to the Eyrie.

Mercy given here.

No barrow riders coming after you. Instead you manage to find some slightly pricey sets of spices for cooking though it's adviced to NOT go nuts with them as there's been some trouble getting them lately. A combination of pirates and storms have been hampering the trade routes slightly.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:32 am

Brian Boru wrote:"Thought so.  Only one I can really think of who'd do something like this is possibly the...well I think I have an idea who it is."

One of the others looks to you. "Who?"

"Any idea where he is?"

"I know not! Just that he's off looking for more of... um... your ilk."

Anyways, the man is freaking out in terror.

Bloody coward.

"Right, forgot about those."

Heh. Well, when the time comes they get some kit. Though many are still short. But you do find the good Ser's kit bags along with a great deal of westerland's gold.

Edd

We'll see how those lessons go.

Takes a little time for that though she does seem to take to it.

Alright. I'm an attentive teacher.

That gets even more laughter.

I am serious though. I do owe him one.

Well maybe acting as a watchdog might work but she'll need someone who can work numbers as she's NEVER wanted to deal with that.

Good cop, bad cop...

Well...maybe you have a point.  But multiple organizations doing the same damn job is just asking for pain!

Tell that to the CIA, NAS, and FBI...

THe entire point is to have it so no one can have absolute control over the thrones flow of intelligence.

And she appreciates it.

"One day you will be princess and I will be king. This is fact."

And it's about what you'd expect.  Well you might have met Myranda Royce's match when it comes to curves.

And probably the benefits of experience. I do talk with her before and after. I don't hide that there are other women and admit I might chose never to marry. It might be better to have it so I can chose my own heir from the most competent of my children and make the others the heirs of their mother than to risk someone like... Joffery getting the throne. Had he been black of hair, the entire kingdom would have been damned.

The benefit of being a king is your kids are only bastards if you say they are. And I will never do so.

I know I'm strange, but I had a strange upbringing. And I hate to lay this on her but I value honesty. And I'm sorry I brought up private things in public. Like I said, new to this. That said, I do give my word as her friend (or more) that she will be Princess of Dorne and one day we will stand as allies.

In fact, I'll even admit one thing... I have designs on Essos. I think half the reason Westeros has a great bloody war every couple decades is because we have so many warriors and no common foe. Well, there's an entire nest of slaving rats across the narrow sea. Lets focus their efforts into a more.... productive direction.

While it's a pipe dream as of yet, should it happen, I will recognize the claims of the Rhoynar on the lands of their ancestors.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:01 am

Brian Boru wrote:...you might want to wipe that drool off your face.

I have high hopes. Or low morals. Possibly both.

Alright, decent bar many craftsmen go to.  Beer's great but not much wine.  Food's alright as well.  A good evening and a good farewell to home.

Good choice. Plus, without too many other knights around, less chance of getting interrupted by something annoying. Like bruised egos. We have a good one and I make sure to invite Mychel and Ser Martyn to visit if they're ever nearby.

Actually he sent a Septa, a harridan of a woman who made chills go up everyone's spines when she was upset.  And standard amount of clothing.  Also coming along is one handmaid, a younger daughter of one of the knightly families handling the intermediate gates up to the Eyrie.

... well played, Nestor. Well played. Hm, counting Mya, that's a four to five ratio of fighters to noncombatants. Not too bad I suppose. Possibly soon to be four to four if the Septa really is such a harridan. Anyway, I'm perfectly willing to give her the benefit of the doubt and be polite.

Anyway, can I assume everyone is gathered up and we get on the way with no interruptions?

... and Mya probably realizes I'm up to something considering I don't bother hiding my scheming grin.

Mercy given here.

No barrow riders coming after you.  Instead you manage to find some slightly pricey sets of spices for cooking though it's adviced to NOT go nuts with them as there's been some trouble getting them lately.  A combination of pirates and storms have been hampering the trade routes slightly.

I won't. Using too much is as bad as using too little, after all. We can always forage for local stuff to supplement the supply on the way. Exotic spices are well and good for variety, but that doesn't make them the be all and end all.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:49 am

Psyckosama wrote:One of the others looks to you. "Who?"

"The Queen, or someone amongst her family."

"I know not! Just that he's off looking for more of... um... your ilk."

Anyways, the man is freaking out in terror.

Bloody coward.

"Right then." I turn to my companions, "Do as you will with him, I'm sure you have some spleen to vent for that fire earlier."

Heh. Well, when the time comes they get some kit. Though many are still short. But you do find the good Ser's kit bags along with a great deal of westerland's gold.

Excellent, I'll see about filling out the missing gear if there's enough to work with. If not then I'll just pocket it, something of a nest egg for later.

So on to King's Landing?

Edd

Alright. I'm an attentive teacher.

And she seems to like learning. Or at least watch you go through the motions.

I am serious though. I do owe him one.

Then you'll have to make sure to pay him back.

Good cop, bad cop...

Point, though some Andals will be getting up on their hind legs about it. Some gold cloaks might complain, just be ready for it when it comes.

Tell that to the CIA, NAS, and FBI...

THe entire point is to have it so no one can have absolute control over the thrones flow of intelligence.

Or they begin sabotaging or interfering with each other until they're outright causing more confusion for government than solving. But I see your point, you can't trust Varys as far as he can piss.

"One day you will be princess and I will be king. This is fact."

She smiles at that.

And probably the benefits of experience. I do talk with her before and after. I don't hide that there are other women and admit I might chose never to marry. It might be better to have it so I can chose my own heir from the most competent of my children and make the others the heirs of their mother than to risk someone like... Joffery getting the throne. Had he been black of hair, the entire kingdom would have been damned.

The benefit of being a king is your kids are only bastards if you say they are. And I will never do so.

I know I'm strange, but I had a strange upbringing. And I hate to lay this on her but I value honesty. And I'm sorry I brought up private things in public. Like I said, new to this. That said, I do give my word as her friend (or more) that she will be Princess of Dorne and one day we will stand as allies.

In fact, I'll even admit one thing... I have designs on Essos. I think half the reason Westeros has a great bloody war every couple decades is because we have so many warriors and no common foe. Well, there's an entire nest of slaving rats across the narrow sea. Lets focus their efforts into a more.... productive direction.

While it's a pipe dream as of yet, should it happen, I will recognize the claims of the Rhoynar on the lands of their ancestors.

While she eventually says that you're one fascinating man she understands needs of the kingdoms and all that unfortunate mess. Not that she isn't going to wring every bit of enjoyment she can out of this, she says with with a seductive growl and pounces you and....

Rieverre wrote:I have high hopes. Or low morals. Possibly both.

HAH

Good choice. Plus, without too many other knights around, less chance of getting interrupted by something annoying. Like bruised egos. We have a good one and I make sure to invite Mychel and Ser Martyn to visit if they're ever nearby.

They wish you all the luck in the world and they plan to visit as soon as they can. Mychel adds that he'd fear for Mya's sanity being left alone with a mad lunk like yourself.

... well played, Nestor. Well played. Hm, counting Mya, that's a four to five ratio of fighters to noncombatants. Not too bad I suppose. Possibly soon to be four to four if the Septa really is such a harridan. Anyway, I'm perfectly willing to give her the benefit of the doubt and be polite.

Anyway, can I assume everyone is gathered up and we get on the way with no interruptions?

... and Mya probably realizes I'm up to something considering I don't bother hiding my scheming grin.

Yes the party heads out with final good-byes and wishes of luck and you ride out to the path that leads through the mountains of the moon and through the Riverlands to the Crownlands once more where you'll set up you're new home before reporting in for your duty as a member of the City-Guard.

I won't. Using too much is as bad as using too little, after all. We can always forage for local stuff to supplement the supply on the way. Exotic spices are well and good for variety, but that doesn't make them the be all and end all.

Very true and Anna's a deft hand and eye at spotting out the herbs that grow wild or are gardened, sometimes they're the same as her poultices.

Roll a d100 for Mountain trek.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:57 am

Brian Boru wrote:"The Queen, or someone amongst her family."

"Now that's an accusation you can't make publicly without evidence..."

"Right then."  I turn to my companions, "Do as you will with him, I'm sure you have some spleen to vent for that fire earlier."

Draymon Darry coughs. "It would probable behoove you to keep this piece of shit alive to hand over to the king..."

Ser Maryten nods in agreement.

He man goes white as a ghost.

Excellent, I'll see about filling out the missing gear if there's enough to work with.  If not then I'll just pocket it, something of a nest egg for later.

There's 50 dragons there...

So on to King's Landing?

You FINALLY get there... once the assassins are taken care of it's almost uneventful...

Edd

And she seems to like learning.  Or at least watch you go through the motions.

I make teaching fun.

Then you'll have to make sure to pay him back.

Fine by me.

Point, though some Andals will be getting up on their hind legs about it.

Best indicate the problems now, before I really shake things up...

Some gold cloaks might complain, just be ready for it when it comes.

"If they complain about being told that taking bribes is bad, they'd probably look better in black than gold..."

Or they begin sabotaging or interfering with each other until they're outright causing more confusion for government than solving.  But I see your point, you can't trust Varys as far as he can piss.

You trust him that far? Frankly I'd like to throw him off the battlements of the red keep. No warning, just... oh, the Spider slipped. Must have been a rainy spot."

She smiles at that.

As do I.

While she eventually says that you're one fascinating man she understands needs of the kingdoms and all that unfortunate mess.  Not that she isn't going to wring every bit of enjoyment she can out of this,  she says with with a seductive growl and pounces you and....

Oh, so do I... and there's a low of growing and other sounds. Wink

Last edited by Psyckosama on Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:01 am; edited 1 time in total

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:58 am

Brian Boru carried out 2 launched of one d100 :
50 , 46
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:34 am

Brian Boru wrote:They wish you all the luck in the world and they plan to visit as soon as they can.  Mychel adds that he'd fear for Mya's sanity being left alone with a mad lunk like yourself.

Oi, I resemble that remark! That said, she's had experience dealing with my crazy, and I've had to deal with hers. Poor Mychel.

Yes the party heads out with final good-byes and wishes of luck and you ride out to the path that leads through the mountains of the moon and through the Riverlands to the Crownlands once more where you'll set up you're new home before reporting in for your duty as a member of the City-Guard.

That's the general idea. As per usual for these trips, I take the time to practice with Mya in the evening to make sure she hasn't let herself get rusty. If and when Myranda and Hennah ask about it, I nod thoughtfully and remark that the true measure of knowing something can often be obtained through the capacity to pass it along. "Incidentally and on a nearly unrelated note," - I say, with a slight grin that can definitely be described as evil. "Do either of you have any training in self-defense?"

Very true and Anna's a deft hand and eye at spotting out the herbs that grow wild or are gardened, sometimes they're the same as her poultices.

I tell her to remind me to pick up a book on local herbs once we've come to our destination. While there's sure to be some crossover, the lowlands likely have new stuff as well. That aside, between her, Anna and myself we likely have cooking for the group handled, at least.

Roll a d100 for Mountain trek.

rolling
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Dice Bot Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:34 am

'd100' : 13

Dice Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:11 pm

Sould asked for Martyn to have been forwarded to your party...

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:15 am

Psyckosama wrote:"Now that's an accusation you can't make publicly without evidence..."

"Oh I know that. Doesn't mean I'm not right though."

Draymon Darry coughs. "It would probable behoove you to keep this piece of shit alive to hand over to the king..."

Ser Maryten nods in agreement.

He man goes white as a ghost.

"Not a bad idea. As inatentive as he was with me and Mya, I can't imagine some group actively trying to kill of his bastards would sit well with him."

I make sure he's tied up and ready for transport, and I'll cold clock him if he tries to make trouble.

There's 50 dragons there...

So we good then?

You FINALLY get there... once the assassins are taken care of it's almost uneventful...

Alright then, we're off to find a place to set ourselves up for the tournament, get into the joust as a mystery knight. Then do a little armor shopping for the guys who've lost gear. If I can afford it.

The idiot who tried to ambush me I tie up in a tent and make sure someone's watching him until we can deal with him properly.

Edd

I make teaching fun.

Heh

Fine by me.

Heh

Best indicate the problems now, before I really shake things up...

True

"If they complain about being told that taking bribes is bad, they'd probably look better in black than gold..."

That actually makes her laugh.

You trust him that far? Frankly I'd like to throw him off the battlements of the red keep. No warning, just... oh, the Spider slipped. Must have been a rainy spot."

HAH

As do I.

Heh

Oh, so do I... and there's a low of growing and other sounds. Wink

Let's just say it was a fun night.

The next morning both you manage to slip out without anyone being the wiser.

You find your families breaking their fast.

Oberyn seems to know what you did already while Robert, once he gets a good look at you, laughs and claps you on the shoulder, he doesn't comment with words but it's obvious he's giving you a thumbs.

Rieverre wrote:Oi, I resemble that remark! That said, she's had experience dealing with my crazy, and I've had to deal with hers. Poor Mychel.

HA

That's the general idea. As per usual for these trips, I take the time to practice with Mya in the evening to make sure she hasn't let herself get rusty. If and when Myranda and Hennah ask about it, I nod thoughtfully and remark that the true measure of knowing something can often be obtained through the capacity to pass it along. "Incidentally and on a nearly unrelated note," - I say, with a slight grin that can definitely be described as evil. "Do either of you have any training in self-defense?"

Myranda admits to not knowing much, while Hennah admits that she's got the fastest knees in half the Vale and they haven't failed her yet.

I tell her to remind me to pick up a book on local herbs once we've come to our destination. While there's sure to be some crossover, the lowlands likely have new stuff as well. That aside, between her, Anna and myself we likely have cooking for the group handled, at least.

If she comes across one she'll do so.

And they're deft hands with the cooking pot.

And, amazingly NOTHING happens, in fact it's down right pleasant travelling the mountain passes, observing the wild-life and taking in the beauty of the scenery.

You then enter the Riverlands, where you're next leg of the journey begins.

Roll a d100.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:46 am

Brian Boru wrote:"Oh I know that.  Doesn't mean I'm not right though."

"Aye."

"Not a bad idea.  As inatentive as he was with me and Mya, I can't imagine some group actively trying to kill of his bastards would sit well with him."

You don't think the KING is the one he's afraid of...

I make sure he's tied up and ready for transport, and I'll cold clock him if he tries to make trouble.

D10 please.

So we good then?

A start. They're not angry at YOU as much as just pissed. I mean really, this is turning out to be quite the conspiracy.

Alright then, we're off to find a place to set ourselves up for the tournament, get into the joust as a mystery knight.  Then do a little armor shopping for the guys who've lost gear.  If I can afford it.

It puts a serious dent in your newly found assets... as armor and weapons are NOT cheap. Thankfully they still have MOSt of thier gear.

Roll 3d20 please... to see the total it costs to get them back into fighting shape.

And yes, Mya is dressed up in your old armor, plus a face covering helmet.

"Mystery Knight's Mystery Squire!" she beams.

The idiot who tried to ambush me I tie up in a tent and make sure someone's watching him until we can deal with him properly.

Oh, they're keeping a VEERRY close eye on that fucker.

So, the torny is in 2 days. Roll a d10 please

Edd

True

Best to find the complainers before you actually give them something REAL to complain about, right?

That actually makes her laugh.

"And I'm serious. Any Goldcloak who is that corrupt is being sent to the Night's Watch where they can do some good with their lives."

HAH

"I'm actually quite serious. If he ever suffers a mysterious accident, well, they happen, right?"

Let's just say it was a fun night.

The next morning both you manage to slip out without anyone being the wiser.

You find your families breaking their fast.

Oberyn seems to know what you did already while Robert, once he gets a good look at you, laughs and claps you on the shoulder, he doesn't comment with words but it's obvious he's giving you a thumbs.

I shrug and am polite to everyone and friendly as a rule.

Once we have a moment I ask how he hit it off with Obera. If there's any spark at all, might be a good idea to speak to her father about my little plot.

In general though I'm polite to all the other sand snakes and even decide to talk shop with the others.

For example, I spared with Obera.

I also ask Nymeria to talk shop with me about knives and if she's interested and her cousin allows it, she can sit in my knife throwing classes (at least some of 'em).

I even talk shop with Tyene and am actually an interested student of what she has to say.

I also talk academics with Sarella and play with the litte ones.

Of course Arianne gets the lions' share of my time with the younger...

I also am and frendly to her sibs.

Oh, and Oberyn? Yeah. I challenge him to a sparking match because he's awesome and I want to see how I measure up against his talents.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:16 am

Brian Boru wrote:Myranda admits to not knowing much, while Hennah admits that she's got the fastest knees in half the Vale and they haven't failed her yet.

Well, while it isn't exactly ladylike it can be the difference between life and death. Looks like Mya is getting a pair of disciples to pass what I taught her onto. Both because it's practical and because it lets me see how well she's retained the material. And I tell her that I will occasionally test her progress to see whether or not remedial training is called for.

... Myranda's poor handmaiden must be so confused.

If she comes across one she'll do so.

And they're deft hands with the cooking pot.

Excellent. Given the usual practice of setting out snares when making camp and between that and my occasionally going out with my shiny weirwood bow, we're likely eating well. ^^

And, amazingly NOTHING happens, in fact it's down right pleasant travelling the mountain passes, observing the wild-life and taking in the beauty of the scenery.  

You then enter the Riverlands, where you're next leg of the journey begins.

Roll a d100.

Pleasant as it is, we still post watches in shifts. Better safe than sorry.

Rolling.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Dice Bot Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:16 am

'd100' : 71

Dice Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:58 am

Psyckosama wrote:"Aye."

Grunt of agreement.

You don't think the KING is the one he's afraid of...

Oh I know that, what the queen would do to him goes without saying.

D10 please.

A start. They're not angry at YOU as much as just pissed. I mean really, this is turning out to be quite the conspiracy.

"And all I wanted to do was kick ass, and win a few fortunes."

It puts a serious dent in your newly found assets... as armor and weapons are NOT cheap. Thankfully they still have MOSt of thier gear.

Roll 3d20 please... to see the total it costs to get them back into fighting shape.

Brian Boru carried out 3 launched of one d20 :
1 , 7 , 16

And yes, Mya is dressed up in your old armor, plus a face covering helmet.

"Mystery Knight's Mystery Squire!" she beams.

I just laugh it off for now.

"And the two of us'll clean out this whole damn tourney!"

Oh, they're keeping a VEERRY close eye on that fucker.

Good.

So, the torny is in 2 days. Roll a d10 please

I'll get a few tilts if I can.

Edd

Best to find the complainers before you actually give them something REAL to complain about, right?

Indeed.

"And I'm serious. Any Goldcloak who is that corrupt is being sent to the Night's Watch where they can do some good with their lives."

"Doing what? Hope the Wildings laugh themselves to death?"

"I'm actually quite serious. If he ever suffers a mysterious accident, well, they happen, right?"

"HAH!"

I shrug and am polite to everyone and friendly as a rule.

Kool.

Once we have a moment I ask how he hit it off with Obera. If there's any spark at all, might be a good idea to speak to her father about my little plot.

She's an interesting woman, though as prickly as a briar patch, DAMN interesting though. It's piqued his interest.

In general though I'm polite to all the other sand snakes and even decide to talk shop with the others.

For example, I spared with Obera.

She asks how you managed to move that fast with a hammer, they're not speed weapons.

I also ask Nymeria to talk shop with me about knives and if she's interested and her cousin allows it, she can sit in my knife throwing classes (at least some of 'em).

She has an extensive knowledge of blades and when she watches you throw describes it as rough but incredible natural talent, just a few tweeks and it could be phenomenal.

I even talk shop with Tyene and am actually an interested student of what she has to say.

She finds you FASCINATING when you mention just how absurdly tough you are when it comes to poisons....almost as if she's seeing a...challenge...

I also talk academics with Sarella and play with the litte ones.

Amiable

Of course Arianne gets the lions' share of my time with the younger...

I also am and frendly to her sibs.

The boys seem to be more than a little intimidated by you. Especially the elder one.

Oh, and Oberyn? Yeah. I challenge him to a sparking match because he's awesome and I want to see how I measure up against his talents.

He accepts your challenge.

How do you wish to do this?

Rieverre wrote:Well, while it isn't exactly ladylike it can be the difference between life and death. Looks like Mya is getting a pair of disciples to pass what I taught her onto. Both because it's practical and because it lets me see how well she's retained the material. And I tell her that I will occasionally test her progress to see whether or not remedial training is called for.

... Myranda's poor handmaiden must be so confused.

Hennah takes to it quicker than Myranda, though neither of them are strong enough to be as good as your sister.

To the point of almost crying.

Excellent. Given the usual practice of setting out snares when making camp and between that and my occasionally going out with my shiny weirwood bow, we're likely eating well. ^^

Indeed.

Pleasant as it is, we still post watches in shifts. Better safe than sorry.

As mentioned before nothing happened.

As you ride through the Riverlands you come across another party riding North, to your consternation, it's a knight you clobbered at the tourney, and he doesn't look all that happy to see you. As in murderously so.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:59 am

Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:18 am

Brian Boru wrote:Hennah takes to it quicker than Myranda, though neither of them are strong enough to be as good as your sister.

Well, that's something you adjust for. Besides, Mya got the full fighter experience, or as close as I could get her with what I learned. This is just some self-defense.

To the point of almost crying.

I'm a horrible horrible person.

As you ride through the Riverlands you come across another party riding North, to your consternation, it's a knight you clobbered at the tourney, and he doesn't look all that happy to see you.  As in murderously so.

Murderous as in glaring, or murderous as in 'oh, looks, there's a mounted knight charging at me' or murderous as in 'he and his party are gearing up for a charge'?

Because two of these end with him getting shot/getting his horse shot out from under him.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:34 am

Brian Boru wrote:Grunt of agreement.

It's left at that.

Oh I know that, what the queen would do to him goes without saying.

10... with a reroll permitted that ended with a 1 (you owe me)

After a couple days travel you hear some commotion. He breaks free and you catch him about to strike down Ser Draymon in an escape attempt.

He swings at you... you literally bat the blade to the side the back of your gauntlet and punch him hard enough to shatter his cheek bone, break his jaw, and knock out half his teeth.

He actually goes airborne and lands on his back whimpering like a stuck pig.

He's rebound and this time they strip him naked before doing so. Seems he'd hidden a thin blade in the sole of his boot.

Draymon looks at you. "Again, you have saved my life. Again, I am indebted to you Ser." he claps you on the shoulders. "I tell you now, that while I doubt it will come to it, should madness take this kingdom and you fail to get a proper lordship, become my banner. We may not be of one blood, but know now that no matter what happens I will look upon you as friend and as a brother."

"And all I wanted to do was kick ass, and win a few fortunes."

"Don't we all," Mycheal jests earning him a light thump from his master.

Ser Martyn laughs. "Be easy on the boy. He's right! To winning a few fortunes!"

Everyone lifts their water skins in mock toast and join in the laughter.

They're tired, they're angry, and they're looking for damned near anything to make light of for a cheap laugh. Because that's better than the fatigue.

It costs you 24 dragons to kit them out and all of them are thankful.

A hedge knight walks up to you after. He's a young man, still showing the gangly look of his youth, but he's large and powerful. Taller than you. Probably taller than any man not named "Umber" or "Clegane". He stands there and looks you in the eyes then bows his head. "You have my eternal thanks, Ser. I lost everything in that fire. And you've replaced it with arms and armor finer than any I could have afforded myself. I was looking at destitution and you saved first my life and now my honor. They call you a bastard, but I see the King's son."

He kneels. "I'd be proud to be the first of your banners, Ser... if you would have me."

I just laugh it off for now.

"And the two of us'll clean out this whole damn tourney!"

"Damned right..."

She looks at Mycheal. "And if you DARE go easy on me...."

He seems to be dreading this.

Good.

But not close enough.

Your first round opponent is...

Ser Mandon Moore

The odds are strongly not in your favor. Unknown Mystery Knight vs. one of the King's Guard. Would you like to place a bet?

And d10

Edd

"Doing what?  Hope the Wildings laugh themselves to death?"

"Catching an arrow for someone useful. Quantity has a quality all its own. I believe the term is 'Spear Fodder'."

"HAH!"

I nod... and Robert suddenly gets the very real feeling that I was asking for permission.

She's an interesting woman, though as prickly as a briar patch, DAMN interesting though.  It's piqued his interest.

"Good. See, that's what a strong woman gets you. A little poppet is good for a turn in the sack. An easy conquest. A real woman is one who keeps you on your toes. Every moment challenges you to be at your best, because if you slip up... you'll be the one on the bed getting fucked. Loves a battle. Quit picking easy targets."

She asks how you managed to move that fast with a hammer, they're not speed weapons.

"I'm fast and I'm strong. You should see me with a water dancing blade. I'm not properly trained, but I hope to learn the art."

She has an extensive knowledge of blades and when she watches you throw describes it as rough but incredible natural talent, just a few tweeks and it could be phenomenal.

"It's a foolish mind who claims he has nothing to learn," I bow in actual deference and respect, "I present myself to a master. Teach me."

She finds you FASCINATING when you mention just how absurdly tough you are when it comes to poisons....almost as if she's seeing a...challenge...

"Do realize that if you do any lasting harm, well... it'll ruin everyone's day. Just a warning not to go overboard. But..." I poke at the salad she made. "So how many of the carrot was actually deadly nightshade? I do detect a hint."

Amiable

So, I do some archery with Sarella as well. She's quite the shot I hear.

The boys seem to be more than a little intimidated by you.  Especially the elder one.

I try and clam it down a bit.

He accepts your challenge.  

How do you wish to do this?

I issued the challenge. As long as its not live blades or poisons, or simply ridiculous, I'm pretty much cool with whatever he chooses.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:09 am

Psyckosama wrote:After a couple days travel you hear some commotion. He breaks free and you catch him about to strike down Ser Draymon in an escape attempt.

He swings at you... you literally bat the blade to the side the back of your gauntlet and punch him hard enough to shatter his cheek bone, break his jaw, and knock out half his teeth.

He actually goes airborne and lands on his back whimpering like a stuck pig.

He's rebound and this time they strip him naked before doing so. Seems he'd hidden a thin blade in the sole of his boot.

Draymon looks at you. "Again, you have saved my life. Again, I am indebted to you Ser." he claps you on the shoulders. "I tell you now, that while I doubt it will come to it, should madness take this kingdom and you fail to get a proper lordship, become my banner. We may not be of one blood, but know now that no matter what happens I will look upon you as friend and as a brother."

I smile and nod, my head, "Thank-you my lord Darry, you're too generous."

"Don't we all," Mycheal jests earning him a light thump from his master.

Ser Martyn laughs. "Be easy on the boy. He's right! To winning a few fortunes!"

Everyone lifts their water skins in mock toast and join in the laughter.

They're tired, they're angry, and they're looking for damned near anything to make light of for a cheap laugh. Because that's better than the fatigue.

"For the moment though I'll keep my spirits up by imagining what I'll do to that bastard hunter Toothless over there was talking about once I get my hands on him.  I think he'll find me and Mya are made of tougher stuff than his usual prey."

It costs you 24 dragons to kit them out and all of them are thankful.

Pricey as hell but considering it's my ass that was supposed to be toast because of that fire.  Replacing their lost gear is the least I could do.

A hedge knight walks up to you after. He's a young man, still showing the gangly look of his youth, but he's large and powerful. Taller than you. Probably taller than any man not named "Umber" or "Clegane". He stands there and looks you in the eyes then bows his head. "You have my eternal thanks, Ser. I lost everything in that fire. And you've replaced it with arms and armor finer than any I could have afforded myself. I was looking at destitution and you saved first my life and now my honor. They call you a bastard, but I see the King's son."

He kneels. "I'd be proud to be the first of your banners, Ser... if you would have me."

I'm a little shocked, but I recover quickly enough.  I place my hand his shoulder and say, "Please stand up, I'd rather have a brother in arms than a lackey.   What's your name good man."

"Damned right..."

She looks at Mycheal. "And if you DARE go easy on me...."

He seems to be dreading this.

"Just do what she says, trust me it'll make your life SO much easier. I waiver my brother prerogative this one time.  DON'T abuse it."

Your first round opponent is...

Ser Mandon Moore

Well this ought to cause some waves.

The odds are strongly not in your favor. Unknown Mystery Knight vs. one of the King's Guard. Would you like to place a bet?

And d10

Yes, 10 dragons on me.

Edd

"Catching an arrow for someone useful. Quantity has a quality all its own. I believe the term is 'Spear Fodder'."

"You mean they'd willing stand on the wall. I'd think those cockless fools would be diving off the wall if a particularly angry rabbit was spotted."

I nod... and Robert suddenly gets the very real feeling that I was asking for permission.

He sobers quickly, clears his throat and says to wait until he does something treacherous.  Provably treacherous, rather not have him think his life was in danger before you can nail him with something.

"Good. See, that's what a strong woman gets you. A little poppet is good for a turn in the sack. An easy conquest. A real woman is one who keeps you on your toes. Every moment challenges you to be at your best, because if you slip up... you'll be the one on the bed getting fucked. Loves a battle. Quit picking easy targets."

He chuckles and says he might try his luck, see if there's any sweet fruit at the center of that briar patch.  Though he'll have to be...subtle with Oberyn there as well.  Fatherly instincts and all that.  You note he doesn't mention propriety...at all.

"I'm fast and I'm strong. You should see me with a water dancing blade. I'm not properly trained, but I hope to learn the art."

Now she wants to see it.

"It's a foolish mind who claims he has nothing to learn," I bow in actual deference and respect, "I present myself to a master. Teach me."

She does give a few pointers, using her hands to shift your limbs and torso a bit for a better throw, they work but you wonder if she had utilitarian motives with all that.

"Do realize that if you do any lasting harm, well... it'll ruin everyone's day. Just a warning not to go overboard. But..." I poke at the salad she made. "So how many of the carrot was actually deadly nightshade? I do detect a hint."

"Just a trace.  Not enough to kill a child but it should have done something to your guts.

So, I do some archery with Sarella as well. She's quite the shot I hear.

She is and is complementary of yours as well.

I try and clam it down a bit.

It helps a bit but you'll need to work with them for any lasting effects.

I issued the challenge. As long as its not live blades or poisons, or simply ridiculous, I'm pretty much cool with whatever he chooses.

Alright, he asks for mounted melee, no spears.  He wants to see if you're as good as your father was at the Trident.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:16 am

Brian Boru wrote:I smile and nod, my head, "Thank-you my lord Darry, you're too generous."

"My father would probably agree. But it wasn't him that you saved when we met, nor the woman he loves. I already owe you for that."

"For the moment though I'll keep my spirits up by imagining what I'll do to that bastard hunter Toothless over there was talking about once I get my hands on him.  I think he'll find me and Mya are made of tougher stuff than his usual prey."

The mood goes grim again.

Pricey as hell but considering it's my ass that was supposed to be toast because of that fire.  Replacing their lost gear is the least I could do.

Most of them think so, or at least would have if you hadn't.

I'm a little shocked, but I recover quickly enough.  I place my hand his shoulder and say, "Please stand up, I'd rather have a brother in arms than a lackey.   What's your name good man."

"Clyton Flowers, m'lord."

"Just do what she says, trust me it'll make your life SO much easier. I waiver my brother prerogative this one time.  DON'T abuse it."

The smile on her face scares even you.

Well this ought to cause some waves.

At 10-1 odds you should have bet a bit more than 10 dragons...

Yes, 10 dragons on me.

Well, you get 100 back...

The first exchange is clear. The two of you charge. You receive his lance clean and keep your footing.

He almost is unhorsed in the first blow but weary keeps mounted.

The second goes the same way. You have to work for it, but he looks like he just hit a brick wall.

At the third charge, it's pretty much written on the wall. He's cleanly unhorsed. You don't know if its because you actually won or he realized that he wasn't going to take this one and willingly submitted in a way that would preserve his honor.

When you look up to the Royal stands you see the King, who is about 4 stone removed from the fit man you once knew howling with enjoyment.

Meanwhile the prince looks disgusted, glaring at the kingsguard, while the queen just looks disgusted, glaring at the king.

d10

Edd

"You mean they'd willing stand on the wall. I'd think those cockless fools would be diving off the wall if a particularly angry rabbit was spotted."

"I've been to the wall and walked upon its heights. They'd piss themselves at the sight and the cold would freeze it solid, trapping them in place. There would be no escape from their own incontinence."

He sobers quickly, clears his throat and says to wait until he does something treacherous.  Provably treacherous, rather not have him think his life was in danger before you can nail him with something.

"Father, that's the beauty. He wouldn't know. Just one day at a convenient moment a little shove. No plan, no discussion that would be overheard by his little birds... Just... splat."

He chuckles and says he might try his luck, see if there's any sweet fruit at the center of that briar patch.  Though he'll have to be...subtle with Oberyn there as well.  Fatherly instincts and all that.  You note he doesn't mention propriety...at all.

"Remember though to treat her like a fellow warrior. This isn't a conquest. If you taste those fruits you better be willing to tend the orchard. You do this, you follow donnish tradition and take her as a paramour in their tradition..." I wink. "Do it right and you'll be in bed with dorne as thick and thieves and have a woman who will keep you on your toes and out of the brothels, which is as we all know a good thing..."

I hand him a small book. It's one of my note books. "Some notes of the paramour traditions of dorne. You'll find it an easy read, don't worry..."

And it is one... smutty and funny and informative.

Now she wants to see it.

I ave one brought over and dance.

She does give a few pointers, using her hands to shift your limbs and torso a bit for a better throw, they work but you wonder if she had utilitarian motives with all that.

I flirt lightly but don't want to offend her cousin, or gods forbid, her father...

"Just a trace.  Not enough to kill a child but it should have done something to your guts.

OOC meant deadly hemlock. It's the wild carrot look alike, not nightshade.

I chuckle. "I'd dare you do try harder but I'm afraid you might try and accidentally commit treason. So instead I'll tell you. I've tested my limits with Hemlock. I can eat enough to kill a grown man without much more than a slight rumble in the tummy. Though I know a couple myself. For example, the wonders of Apple Seeds..."

If she doesn't know what I'm talking about...

I smile and place a finger under her chin. "Then you have to swear on your father's name that you'll never use it against me and mine and I'll teach you."

If she doesn't know it... I have alchemist equipment brought in... and teach her how to extract cyanide from powdered apple seeds. Along with a warning not to play her games with it. Nonlethal dosages can damage the mind.

She is and is complementary of yours as well.

She's about Bella's age so I introduce them. I encourage her to make friends.

It helps a bit but you'll need to work with them for any lasting effects.

I also introduce them to Bella.

Alright, he asks for mounted melee, no spears.  He wants to see if you're as good as your father was at the Trident.

Done and done!

I assume...

Psyckosama carried out 1 launched of one d100 :

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:36 am

Rieverre wrote:Well, that's something you adjust for. Besides, Mya got the full fighter experience, or as close as I could get her with what I learned. This is just some self-defense.

That and biology is a killer, You might be a super soldier but Mya's still a scion of the blood of the Storm Kings, it's going to tell.

I'm a horrible horrible person.

Weird mostly and she's given to hysterics.

Murderous as in glaring, or murderous as in 'oh, looks, there's a mounted knight charging at me' or murderous as in 'he and his party are gearing up for a charge'?

Because two of these end with him getting shot/getting his horse shot out from under him.

Mostly the first but if one could kill with pure hate you're entire party would have been disintegrated into your individual electrons, protons and neutrons.

You talk to him?

Psyckosama wrote:"My father would probably agree. But it wasn't him that you saved when we met, nor the woman he loves. I already owe you for that."

"Well we'll see how that debt gets repaid and at the rate things are going you'll likely be able to do so pretty damn quick if there's more of these more of these morons."

The mood goes grim again.

While I keep a predatory grin.

Most of them think so, or at least would have if you hadn't.

Well I've hopefully got some capital with them.

"Clyton Flowers, m'lord."

I clap him on the shoulders and say, "Ah in that case we just need a Hill, Snow, Waters, Sand, Rivers and a Storm and we can be the Seven Bastards, the hardest fighters that ever were or will be. By the time we're done our names'll be badges of honor!" If anyone asks why I left out Pyke I say, "That's for the Iron Born and FUCK the Iron Born, worst pack of Pricks that inappropriately call themselves human beings that ever lived."

The smile on her face scares even you.

Nervous chuckle.

At 10-1 odds you should have bet a bit more than 10 dragons...

Heh awesome.

Well, you get 100 back...

If I get a chance I'll mention that I already made back the armor I spent on.

The first exchange is clear. The two of you charge. You receive his lance clean and keep your footing.

He almost is unhorsed in the first blow but weary keeps mounted.

The second goes the same way. You have to work for it, but he looks like he just hit a brick wall.

At the third charge, it's pretty much written on the wall. He's cleanly unhorsed. You don't know if its because you actually won or he realized that he wasn't going to take this one and willingly submitted in a way that would preserve his honor.

Awesome, will need to tell him where he'll need to go to ransom his gear back.

When you look up to the Royal stands you see the King, who is about 4 stone removed from the fit man you once knew howling with enjoyment.

Mixed feelings there. Glad he impressed, upset how he's let himself go, AND for leaving us behind in the Vale. But he'll see oh yes, they'll all see....

Meanwhile the prince looks disgusted, glaring at the kingsguard, while the queen just looks disgusted, glaring at the king.

Ah my half-brother and his mother, you know she'd almost be pretty if she didn't warp her features with all the hate and spite.

d10

Edd

"I've been to the wall and walked upon its heights. They'd piss themselves at the sight and the cold would freeze it solid, trapping them in place. There would be no escape from their own incontinence."

That actually gets her to bust a gut laughing there.

"Father, that's the beauty. He wouldn't know. Just one day at a convenient moment a little shove. No plan, no discussion that would be overheard by his little birds... Just... splat."

That is a much more pleasant image than it should be he muses out-loud.

"Remember though to treat her like a fellow warrior. This isn't a conquest. If you taste those fruits you better be willing to tend the orchard. You do this, you follow donnish tradition and take her as a paramour in their tradition..." I wink. "Do it right and you'll be in bed with dorne as thick and thieves and have a woman who will keep you on your toes and out of the brothels, which is as we all know a good thing..."

I hand him a small book. It's one of my note books. "Some notes of the paramour traditions of dorne. You'll find it an easy read, don't worry..."

And it is one... smutty and funny and informative.

He takes it to hand, and you actually see him reading the damn thing.

I ave one brought over and dance.

And she is duly impressed, she's never seen someone as big as you move that damn fast.

I flirt lightly but don't want to offend her cousin, or gods forbid, her father...

Hah!

OOC meant deadly hemlock. It's the wild carrot look alike, not nightshade.

Ah, small grating then in your particular serving.

I chuckle. "I'd dare you do try harder but I'm afraid you might try and accidentally commit treason. So instead I'll tell you. I've tested my limits with Hemlock. I can eat enough to kill a grown man without much more than a slight rumble in the tummy. Though I know a couple myself. For example, the wonders of Apple Seeds..."

If she doesn't know what I'm talking about...

She curious about them

I smile and place a finger under her chin. "Then you have to swear on your father's name that you'll never use it against me and mine and I'll teach you."

She pouts a hair, but agrees.

If she doesn't know it... I have alchemist equipment brought in... and teach her how to extract cyanide from powdered apple seeds. Along with a warning not to play her games with it. Nonlethal dosages can damage the mind.

She's rivited

She's about Bella's age so I introduce them. I encourage her to make friends.

They hit it off shockingly well though Bella's quite nervous.

I also introduce them to Bella.

They seem to like each other well enough.

Done and done!

I assume...

He's armed with a narrow rapier, which he uses to incredible effect. This is the first time you've really been pressed in a long while, the man is GOOD and extremely fast. You still win but you've got more than a few small cuts where you're skin is exposed.

He's VERY impressed, never met a man your age and size move like that, where did you learn?
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next