There is no Fire and Ice. There is only the Force.

Page 7 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 17  Next

Go down

There is no Fire and Ice. There is only the Force. - Page 7 Empty Re: There is no Fire and Ice. There is only the Force.

Post by Dice Bot on Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:23 am

The member 'Rieverre' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd100' : 63

Dice Bot

Posts : 102
Join date : 2013-05-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

There is no Fire and Ice. There is only the Force. - Page 7 Empty Re: There is no Fire and Ice. There is only the Force.

Post by GundamChief on Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:42 am

Psyckosama wrote:Fair enough. The sworn sword does watch. He even asks about the sword forms. He's not force sensitive but he's been trained since he can walk.

I explain what the forms are basically about. Some are pure swordsmanship, some rely almost totally on the use of the force, but most are a mix. some are aggressive, others are passive. For now I find which form suits each child, while teaching everything else as well.

Very wise and well said.

How do you do this?

One night as we sit and rest I pull the father to a different fire and I begin to speak with him.

"I'm pulling you aside because I need to tell you about some things regarding the force that the Children are not quite ready to learn. One thing regarding the Jedi where I come from is that there are a few traditions in place due to the force. Particularly in regards to family and attachments. The Jedi Order has change through the millennia to suit the needs of the times. For the most part however, children, when taken into the order, are usually separated from the family, as a student is taken into a school. this is so they can focus completely on their training, and because of the connection with family due to the force."

From here I go on the dangers of what attachments can do if taken to their most extreme, and how with control they can be limited.

"The reason I am talking to you about this is because you are a Man, not a child. You already have a strong attachment to your children that will likely never go away or fade. For children, even the ones who stay near you your whole life, they become their own selves and drift away. When combined with the force however? That attatchment can become dangerous."

I explain bluntly what can happen by telling of my ancestor, Anakin Skywalker. I do not tell of his fall to the Darkside, and subsequent rise to the Sith, but I do explain what eventually it all came down to and the dangers to himself due to this love for his wife.

"Your children will grow strong in the force, and in time there will be little in this world that will endanger them. What I need from you since it has happened...is for you to give them the room to grow. They will face trials, and problems, and you may not be able to help them due to the fact that they are training in the force. If you were training, it would be different, because you would face the same trials. However...if you do not train along with them? then I need to give them the room needed to grow."

"That I am. Now explain why my man has been sayings such tales as you can lift things with your mind, can cut through a shield with a wooden sword, and possess a glowing magical blade..."

I cannot help but grin amused "It does sound ridiculous when spoken of in that way Lord Stark. The reason the man has been speaking of such things however is simply because they are true, if I may demonstrate."

If he allows it I simply use the force to draw both my force blade and bokken, having them spin in mid-air before taking them in hand. I then look to a nearby shield of a guard, ask to use that, and then channeling the force into the bokken, alot of it, cut it in two. Then using the force I release my blades from my grip, having them float in mid air...and then spin until they are whirling like buzz saw blades...before stopping them and placing them back where they were.

"There are many more things I can do Lord Stark, but I hope this has proven your man to be truthful and reliable."

Psyckosama wrote:There's a pregnant pause, "That would have been... unwise."

I let that linger for a moment. "But what I would have offered to do is find any among your order with the right character and willingness to dedicate themselves to the Jedi Code and the wisdom to balance two oaths... and train them in the way of the force."

And if he's force sensitive I then add, "But it seems the will of the force works in mysterious ways, Benjen Stark..."

I smile at him.

He was confused slightly by your last words, though he gets the gist that higher forces are involved.

"Although that would have been helpful, the Black Watch doesn't allow people to leave it. You would have been required to stay there. So it would have been the same thing ultimately. The use of force to make you stay would have been if you refused despite any political maneuvering they played for you."

He shakes his head "But that's in the past. Tell me fore about this Force..."

He is keenly interested in it now.

Being that you sensed that he was sensitive in the force, that's unsurprising.

"I sense a disturbance in the force. A strong presence both light and dark. If you will allow, I believe it bares investigation."

He stops "We have many more days before we are expected...I am interested in seeing what you find now."

You both leave the road and go over the rough terrain of the Winter Land until it gets to where you can't ride on the horses. You have to take them by foot, and it seems almost as if you would have to leave the horses behind when finally you come upon the source.

It was a large mouthed cave in the side of a butte. It goes down into the darkness.

You feel the force much more strongly here. now that you are able to feel more clearly...the sense you have is that this place is dark. Not overwhelmingly...but dark. There however is a point of light near the center. It is bright and powerful, but it is struggling against something.

You also get the sense you are being watched.
GundamChief
GundamChief

Posts : 137
Join date : 2012-02-04
Age : 36
Location : Alaska

View user profile

Back to top Go down

There is no Fire and Ice. There is only the Force. - Page 7 Empty Re: There is no Fire and Ice. There is only the Force.

Post by Psyckosama on Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:12 am

Rieverre wrote:Your initiates were younglings in every sense of the word. Besides, knowledge. The Temple has a _very_ poor track record of following that part of the code. Hells, it didn't even allow anyone short of a Council Master to do as much as _look_ at your own archived holocrons. I don't mean any Sith ones you might have been keeping out of the world, I mean Jedi ones. And even they treated those in the finest traditions of out of sight, out of mind if they contradicted current doctrine.

So much for 'there is no ignorance'.

The sad part is you actually believe that. Any Jedi who could demonstrate need and was considered sufficiently mature not to misuse that knowledge. It was a vault after all.

Rolling, but if I feel he has difficulty focusing, I will walk him through the original Code every step of the way. It's precisely because he has the wisdom and experience that he does that I thought he might be able to grasp it.

This is his first time meditating like this. Like ever.

"Emotion exists. It guides the actions of men, it influences their judgment. We accept this, acknowledge our emotions, and are at peace with them. Through this, we may be _rational_ in our judgments."

"We all begin in ignorance. The first step to acquiring knowledge is to admit to yourself you lack it. Through this, we may begin towards earnest understanding of the world around us."

"We all experience passion. Love and hate. Hope and fear. I will allow them to pass over me and through me, but I will not let _them_ be the reason I act. A Jedi must seek to act with an even temper and a calm hand."

"And while the world may appear to swirl chaotically around us, all are connected through the Force. Terrible things happen in this world, but they also are part of life. Interconnected."

"And while death is also a fact of life, a Jedi sees less reason to fear it. Without death, there would be no life. And even though we may pass on, our deeds will have left their mark on the world, and one the Force."

You feel great sadness welling up inside him as his thoughts slip and turn to something more personal...

Now now, Head Obi-wan, there is no emotion ... ^^

You sense great amusement.

GundamChief wrote:I explain what the forms are basically about. Some are pure swordsmanship, some rely almost totally on the use of the force, but most are a mix. some are aggressive, others are passive. For now I find which form suits each child, while teaching everything else as well.

Mind if he tries a couple?

One night as we sit and rest I pull the father to a different fire and I begin to speak with him.

"I'm pulling you aside because I need to tell you about some things regarding the force that the Children are not quite ready to learn. One thing regarding the Jedi where I come from is that there are a few traditions in place due to the force. Particularly in regards to family and attachments. The Jedi Order has change through the millennia to suit the needs of the times. For the most part however, children, when taken into the order, are usually separated from the family, as a student is taken into a school. this is so they can focus completely on their training, and because of the connection with family due to the force."

From here I go on the dangers of what attachments can do if taken to their most extreme, and how with control they can be limited.

"The reason I am talking to you about this is because you are a Man, not a child. You already have a strong attachment to your children that will likely never go away or fade. For children, even the ones who stay near you your whole life, they become their own selves and drift away. When combined with the force however? That attatchment can become dangerous."

I explain bluntly what can happen by telling of my ancestor, Anakin Skywalker. I do not tell of his fall to the Darkside, and subsequent rise to the Sith, but I do explain what eventually it all came down to and the dangers to himself due to this love for his wife.

"Your children will grow strong in the force, and in time there will be little in this world that will endanger them. What I need from you since it has happened...is for you to give them the room to grow. They will face trials, and problems, and you may not be able to help them due to the fact that they are training in the force. If you were training, it would be different, because you would face the same trials. However...if you do not train along with them? then I need to give them the room needed to grow."

"I.. I understand. But I've worried for 'em for so long, Master Jedi. I know you're gonna do 'em right. I just know it, but knowin' it in your heart's a bit harder, ya know?"

He gives you a sad smile. "I wanna do you proud, Ser."

I cannot help but grin amused "It does sound ridiculous when spoken of in that way Lord Stark. The reason the man has been speaking of such things however is simply because they are true, if I may demonstrate."

If he allows it I simply use the force to draw both my force blade and bokken, having them spin in mid-air before taking them in hand. I then look to a nearby shield of a guard, ask to use that, and then channeling the force into the bokken, alot of it, cut it in two. Then using the force I release my blades from my grip, having them float in mid air...and then spin until they are whirling like buzz saw blades...before stopping them and placing them back where they were.

"There are many more things I can do Lord Stark, but I hope this has proven your man to be truthful and reliable."

You only manage to sink the bokken about 6 inches into the shield. But that's still a holy crap moment to him. Even more so when your force sword bisects it like its made of parchment.

But the fact you had them flying and glowing et all... yeah.

"What exactly are you?"

Psyckosama wrote:He was confused slightly by your last words, though he gets the gist that higher forces are involved.

"The force has a conciseness of its own. It isn't like you are I, but the force gives... direction to life and to destiny."

"Although that would have been helpful, the Black Watch doesn't allow people to leave it. You would have been required to stay there. So it would have been the same thing ultimately. The use of force to make you stay would have been if you refused despite any political maneuvering they played for you."

"From what I was told by your brothers, the oaths must be voluntary. I simply would have made no oaths..."

[quote]He shakes his head "But that's in the past. Tell me fore about this Force..."

He is keenly interested in it now.

Being that you sensed that he was sensitive in the force, that's unsurprising.[quote]

"The Force is the source of a Jedi's powers. Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us together. Between you, me, the tree, the rock, between the ground and the sky. It binds the universe together" I smile, "Understand, Benjen Stark, we are luminous beings, not simply creatures of crude matter... and some among us are blessed with a sensitivity to the force that allows us to reach a deeper connection. Such as I... such as yourself."

He stops "We have many more days before we are expected...I am interested in seeing what you find now."

"As am I, but be ready. The Dark Side is dangerous and can fool and seduce the unwary."

You both leave the road and go over the rough terrain of the Winter Land until it gets to where you can't ride on the horses. You have to take them by foot, and it seems almost as if you would have to leave the horses behind when finally you come upon the source.

It was a large mouthed cave in the side of a butte. It goes down into the darkness.

You feel the force much more strongly here. now that you are able to feel more clearly...the sense you have is that this place is dark. Not overwhelmingly...but dark. There however is a point of light near the center. It is bright and powerful, but it is struggling against something.

You also get the sense you are being watched.

"There is great darkness here, but there is light within. It is trapped and requires aid."

I look at him. "I do not ask you to follow me. You have your own duties, but nor will I turn away your assistance. Just be careful. The Dark Side is strong here."

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile https://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

There is no Fire and Ice. There is only the Force. - Page 7 Empty Re: There is no Fire and Ice. There is only the Force.

Post by GundamChief on Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:37 am

Psyckosama wrote:Mind if he tries a couple?

I see no reason why not. I show him primarily the ones that don't rely on the force a great deal.

"I.. I understand. But I've worried for 'em for so long, Master Jedi. I know you're gonna do 'em right. I just know it, but knowin' it in your heart's a bit harder, ya know?"

He gives you a sad smile. "I wanna do you proud, Ser."

That is all I can ever ask is that he does his best.

You only manage to sink the bokken about 6 inches into the shield. But that's still a holy crap moment to him. Even more so when your force sword bisects it like its made of parchment.

But the fact you had them flying and glowing et all... yeah.

"What exactly are you?"

"I am Jedi." I reply simply.

I know very well that answers nothing though.

If we can sit down, I give him the basics about the Jedi, the Force, and the Republic for which we protected.

"As I had become a Jedi Master, I decided to go beyond the borders of my homeland and see what the world had to offer. I had been from my lands, to Essos, and from the south of Kings landing to the North at the Wall. Though I have found others with the potential to use the force, and some who could potentially become Jedi, but were not suitable for one reason or another. I had not run into any. At least not until recently."

"It is a strange thing, but it seems the people of the north are particularly strong in the force, since I have run into more sensitives in the last week then all the time I have seen other lands. Must be because of the connection with the land and the trees that live here. Like the one I feel nearby."

Psyckosama wrote:"The Force is the source of a Jedi's powers. Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us together. Between you, me, the tree, the rock, between the ground and the sky. It binds the universe together" I smile, "Understand, Benjen Stark, we are luminous beings, not simply creatures of crude matter... and some among us are blessed with a sensitivity to the force that allows us to reach a deeper connection. Such as I... such as yourself."

Now he was taken aback "...surely you jest. I've never felt anything as you described...perhaps wonder when I see the land, and the life that....oh."

Say what you will of the Starks, they can put two and two together quickly.

"As am I, but be ready. The Dark Side is dangerous and can fool and seduce the unwary."

"There is great darkness here, but there is light within. It is trapped and requires aid."

I look at him. "I do not ask you to follow me. You have your own duties, but nor will I turn away your assistance. Just be careful. The Dark Side is strong here."

He shakes his head "If I am sensitive as you say...then would it really matter if I were out here or not? You may need my assistance regardless."

As you head into the cave, it was dark, but illuminated by the light of the outside for a distance. The cave had been lived in by bears and the like since there were animal bones in it.

As you go deeper however, you find yourself feeling the darkside grow stronger. You come to a chamber that leads down into the ground by path...and you feel the force warn you that something dark is coming to you.

You hear a bear down the path...but it did not sound...normal.
GundamChief
GundamChief

Posts : 137
Join date : 2012-02-04
Age : 36
Location : Alaska

View user profile

Back to top Go down

There is no Fire and Ice. There is only the Force. - Page 7 Empty Re: There is no Fire and Ice. There is only the Force.

Post by Psyckosama on Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:47 am

GundamChief wrote:
I see no reason why not. I show him primarily the ones that don't rely on the force a great deal.

He picks them up reasonably well.

That is all I can ever ask is that he does his best.

"I'll try..."

You know what to say...

"I am Jedi." I reply simply.

I know very well that answers nothing though.

Blink of confusion.

If we can sit down, I give him the basics about the Jedi, the Force, and the Republic for which we protected.

"And where are these strange lands?"

"As I had become a Jedi Master, I decided to go beyond the borders of my homeland and see what the world had to offer. I had been from my lands, to...

Don't make any lies you can't back up... if you say you've traveled somewhere there would be some evidence...

I'll let you keep or change what else you need to say

"It is a strange thing, but it seems the people of the north are particularly strong in the force, since I have run into more sensitives in the last week then all the time I have seen other lands. Must be because of the connection with the land and the trees that live here. Like the one I feel nearby."

"Perhaps. So what are your intentions?"

Psyckosama wrote:Now he was taken aback "...surely you jest. I've never felt anything as you described...perhaps wonder when I see the land, and the life that....oh."

Say what you will of the Starks, they can put two and two together quickly.

"The Force is with you, Benjen Stark. Would you like to learn how to use it? Because if so I will teach you, but will require you follow a code."

If he asks...

Jedi are the guardians of peace and justice.
Jedi use their powers to defend and to protect, never to conquer.
Jedi respect all people and all life, regardless of form and station.
Jedi serve others rather than ruling over them, for the good of all.
Jedi seek to improve themselves through knowledge and training.

That is the Jedi code of behavior. The oath we take.

Then there's this...

There is no emotion, there is peace.
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no passion, there is serenity.
There is no chaos, there is harmony.
There is no death, there is the Force.

I can explain every line of both to him if he so desires.

He shakes his head "If I am sensitive as you say...then would it really matter if I were out here or not? You may need my assistance regardless."

"Then I am proud to have you by my side."

As you head into the cave, it was dark, but illuminated by the light of the outside for a distance. The cave had been lived in by bears and the like since there were animal bones in it.

As you go deeper however, you find yourself feeling the darkside grow stronger. You come to a chamber that leads down into the ground by path...and you feel the force warn you that something dark is coming to you.

You hear a bear down the path...but it did not sound...normal.

I place my hand on my blade's hilt and stand ready to draw, but first reach out with the force to attempt to calm it. Violence is a last resort, never the first. Lethal force doubly.

If attacked, I will defend. First by trying to disable it with the force, but I will use my sword if need be.

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile https://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

There is no Fire and Ice. There is only the Force. - Page 7 Empty Re: There is no Fire and Ice. There is only the Force.

Post by GundamChief on Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:07 am

Psyckosama wrote:He picks them up reasonably well.

As he works on them I decided, on a while to reach out with the force and see if he is force sensitive...

GundamChief carried out 1 launched of one d100 (Image not informed.) :
50

"I'll try..."

I give a small grin "In the words of Yoda. No! No try. Do...or do not...there is no try."

"And where are these strange lands?"

"from where we are now? I cannot say. If anyplace, it would be on the opposite side of the world from where we are. It's far enough that almost none there had heard of Westeros."

"Perhaps. So what are your intentions?"

"Up until recently, I was intending to do as we Jedi do best. Wander the land and find those in need of help. Sickness, loss, and dispensing of justice where it is needed. With those I have found however? I will have to settle somewhere and teach the ways of the force to them since they were strong with it. Very likely here in the north since...it must be far more common than I imagine if your lordship is also sensitive."

Psyckosama wrote:"The Force is with you, Benjen Stark. Would you like to learn how to use it? Because if so I will teach you, but will require you follow a code."

If he asks...

   Jedi are the guardians of peace and justice.
   Jedi use their powers to defend and to protect, never to conquer.
   Jedi respect all people and all life, regardless of form and station.
   Jedi serve others rather than ruling over them, for the good of all.
   Jedi seek to improve themselves through knowledge and training.

That is the Jedi code of behavior. The oath we take.

Then there's this...

   There is no emotion, there is peace.
   There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
   There is no passion, there is serenity.
   There is no chaos, there is harmony.
   There is no death, there is the Force.

I can explain every line of both to him if he so desires.

He would need time to think on that...he has obligations already.

I place my hand on my blade's hilt and stand ready to draw, but first reach out with the force to attempt to calm it. Violence is a last resort, never the first. Lethal force doubly.

If attacked, I will defend. First by trying to disable it with the force, but I will use my sword if need be.

As it comes into view...it looks like you may need to revise your stratagy.

The bear was standing on its hind legs, walking unnaturally. Its fur was brown, but matted down by some sticky fluid that gleamed in what light there was. More striking however were the various horns sticking out of its body, namely around its shoulders and back. On portions of its body, the skin was lacking and meat sinew was exposed, dried and red. It was the eyes however. The eyes showed that this creature was taken by the dark side. They were red as blood, and glowed slightly of the force, with dark energy exuding to your senses.

This poor creature has been long lost to the darkside. Twisted and mangled by whatever the source of the Darkness in this cave was.[/quote]
[/quote]
GundamChief
GundamChief

Posts : 137
Join date : 2012-02-04
Age : 36
Location : Alaska

View user profile

Back to top Go down

There is no Fire and Ice. There is only the Force. - Page 7 Empty Re: There is no Fire and Ice. There is only the Force.

Post by Psyckosama on Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:15 am

GundamChief wrote:As he works on them I decided, on a while to reach out with the force and see if he is force sensitive...

Nope. Just a decent fighter.

I give a small grin "In the words of Yoda. No! No try. Do...or do not...there is no try."

"I'll do it!"

"from where we are now? I cannot say. If anyplace, it would be on the opposite side of the world from where we are. It's far enough that almost none there had heard of Westeros."

"And how did you come all this way?"

"Up until recently, I was intending to do as we Jedi do best. Wander the land and find those in need of help. Sickness, loss, and dispensing of justice where it is needed. With those I have found however? I will have to settle somewhere and teach the ways of the force to them since they were strong with it. Very likely here in the north since...it must be far more common than I imagine if your lordship is also sensitive."

He frowns a bit then blinks. "You're telling me that I could also use this... Force that you speak of?"

Psyckosama wrote:He would need time to think on that...he has obligations already.

"I understand completely."

As it comes into view...it looks like you may need to revise your stratagy.

The bear was standing on its hind legs, walking unnaturally. Its fur was brown, but matted down by some sticky fluid that gleamed in what light there was. More striking however were the various horns sticking out of its body, namely around its shoulders and back. On portions of its body, the skin was lacking and meat sinew was exposed, dried and red. It was the eyes however. The eyes showed that this creature was taken by the dark side. They were red as blood, and glowed slightly of the force, with dark energy exuding to your senses.

This poor creature has been long lost to the darkside. Twisted and mangled by whatever the source of the Darkness in this cave was.

I attempt to slay it quickly and cleanly, to end its pain and suffering.

Psyckosama carried out 1 launched of one d100 (Image not informed.) :
99

Then I glance at Benjen and say in the most serious force. "The Dark Side corrupts all that it touches. Do not allow it to take hold of you.."

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile https://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

There is no Fire and Ice. There is only the Force. - Page 7 Empty Re: There is no Fire and Ice. There is only the Force.

Post by GundamChief on Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:37 am

Psyckosama wrote:"I'll do it!"



"That's the Spirit!"

"And how did you come all this way?"

"Mostly by walking. Although the Jedi have their own ships for when they need to act in a official capacity, we usually do things as individuals. More so the case for me."

He frowns a bit then blinks. "You're telling me that I could also use this... Force that you speak of?"

"I am. I am only surprised due to the amount of such sensitives I have found here in the north. I am not too surprised with you being sensitive however since you likely have gained such from the tree nearby. Being exposed to beings and places who are strong in the force can often give others the as well."

I give a look of contemplation "Perhaps I should settle in the North. The force seems to be especially strong in this portion of Westeros."

[quote="Psyckosama"]

I attempt to slay it quickly and cleanly, to end its pain and suffering.

27 is the original roll

Then I glance at Benjen and say in the most serious force. "The Dark Side corrupts all that it touches. Do not allow it to take hold of you.."

It roars at you as you attack. You slice into it with a bit of difficulty despite the blade as the skin was enhanced by the force. Starks blade bounces off like it struck wood. It leaves a mark, but little else. He wisely stayed back as the Bear focused on you for hurting it.

It became worse as the bear grabbed boulders which by all natural law it cannot even lift, let alone attempt due to how its body worked, and threw them at you.

You dodge and weave as the bear flung stones before finding purchase and striking it. It roars and slams the ground with explosive force, but you already moved back.

With a heavy swing, you decapitate the beast, and it dies, but not before you feel a rush of darkside energies flow out of it like a heavy wind.

"...The darkside is quite...dangerous. If this is the result, than I could only imagine what awaits us." Benjen says grimly after a moment.

With the death of the cave's guardian, you feel the force, dark and light....stir.
GundamChief
GundamChief

Posts : 137
Join date : 2012-02-04
Age : 36
Location : Alaska

View user profile

Back to top Go down

There is no Fire and Ice. There is only the Force. - Page 7 Empty Re: There is no Fire and Ice. There is only the Force.

Post by Rieverre on Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:15 pm

Psyckosama wrote:The sad part is you actually believe that. Any Jedi who could demonstrate need and was considered sufficiently mature not to misuse that knowledge. It was a vault after all.

Please, the Order's been very good at 'forgetting' things that made them uncomfortable for a long time, dubbing them 'dangerous knowledge' and probably hoping that out-of-sight was also out-of-mind. How else do you explain the lack of anyone minding Korriban, Dxun or any number of other locations?

Hell, the Telos Academy had a number of relevant holo and datacrons, both Jedi and Sith, and apparently was _still operating_ by the time of the Purge, so you don't even have the excuse of 'oh we lost those'.

This is his first time meditating like this. Like ever.

But he is a man of deep faith, and he has prayed here before. This includes times where he came here to help deal with conflicting emotions.

You feel great sadness welling up inside him as his thoughts slip and turn to something more personal...

"Emotion, yet peace. Remember those who have gone ahead before us and honor the good in their lives. They are at peace now. Accept the sorrow, Eddard Stark, but do not sink into it. It is a part of life, and natural, but never trivial. Passion, yet serenity. Chaos, yet harmony. Listen to the world around you. Especially here, in this place. Let it guide you."
Rieverre
Rieverre

Posts : 1164
Join date : 2012-12-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

There is no Fire and Ice. There is only the Force. - Page 7 Empty Re: There is no Fire and Ice. There is only the Force.

Post by Psyckosama on Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:08 am

GundamChief wrote:"That's the Spirit!"

He grins.

"Mostly by walking. Although the Jedi have their own ships for when they need to act in a official capacity, we usually do things as individuals. More so the case for me."

"And exactly where did you walk from? The only foot path out of westeros is beyond the wall..."

"I am. I am only surprised due to the amount of such sensitives I have found here in the north. I am not too surprised with you being sensitive however since you likely have gained such from the tree nearby. Being exposed to beings and places who are strong in the force can often give others the as well."

I give a look of contemplation "Perhaps I should settle in the North. The force seems to be especially strong in this portion of Westeros."

"What do you want? What would be the advantages to my people of this, and why should I allow it?"

Psyckosama wrote:It roars at you as you attack. You slice into it with a bit of difficulty despite the blade as the skin was enhanced by the force. Starks blade bounces off like it struck wood. It leaves a mark, but little else. He wisely stayed back as the Bear focused on you for hurting it.

It became worse as the bear grabbed boulders which by all natural law it cannot even lift, let alone attempt due to how its body worked, and threw them at you.

You dodge and weave as the bear flung stones before finding purchase and striking it. It roars and slams the ground with explosive force, but you already moved back.

With a heavy swing, you decapitate the beast, and it dies, but not before you feel a rush of darkside energies flow out of it like a heavy wind.

Holy shit that was... holy shit!

Glad I can fall back in Jedi mode.

"...The darkside is quite...dangerous. If this is the result, than I could only imagine what awaits us." Benjen says grimly after a moment.

With the death of the cave's guardian, you feel the force, dark and light....stir.

"Be careful. With the guardian dead, whatever is in this cave both light and dark is waking up. I suggest you consider the Jedi code to help keep your focus. It's specifically created to help you steady your mind and push away from the whispers of the Dark Side."

Rieverre wrote:Please, the Order's been very good at 'forgetting' things that made them uncomfortable for a long time, dubbing them 'dangerous knowledge' and probably hoping that out-of-sight was also out-of-mind. How else do you explain the lack of anyone minding Korriban, Dxun or any number of other locations?

Hell, the Telos Academy had a number of relevant holo and datacrons, both Jedi and Sith, and apparently was _still operating_ by the time of the Purge, so you don't even have the excuse of 'oh we lost those'.

I speak, you hear, but you do not listen.

But he is a man of deep faith, and he has prayed here before. This includes times where he came here to help deal with conflicting emotions.

Prayer is not meditation. One is basically a cathartic vent. The other is an internal.

"Emotion, yet peace. Remember those who have gone ahead before us and honor the good in their lives. They are at peace now. Accept the sorrow, Eddard Stark, but do not sink into it. It is a part of life, and natural, but never trivial. Passion, yet serenity. Chaos, yet harmony. Listen to the world around you. Especially here, in this place. Let it guide you."
[/quote]

He takes a deep breath and you can feel him forcing down the emotions through pure will. He looks at you. "This is not working. I thank you for your attempt, but..."

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile https://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

There is no Fire and Ice. There is only the Force. - Page 7 Empty Re: There is no Fire and Ice. There is only the Force.

Post by Rieverre on Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:09 am

Psyckosama wrote:I speak, you hear, but you do not listen.

So needling you for information this way isn't going to work anymore. Pity, that was rather enjoyable.

Prayer is not meditation. One is basically a cathartic vent. The other is an internal.

So I was doing it wrong when I was still practicing ... I am somehow not surprised.

He takes a deep breath and you can feel him forcing down the emotions through pure will. He looks at you. "This is not working. I thank you for your attempt, but..."

"But I threw you into the deep end with the code I use to meditate," I admit frankly. "There is a later variation that might work better for this purpose. More rigid but with more direct message.

There is no emotion, there is peace
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge,
There is no passion, there is serenity,
There is no chaos, there is harmony,
There is no death, there is the Force
"


Last edited by Rieverre on Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Rieverre
Rieverre

Posts : 1164
Join date : 2012-12-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

There is no Fire and Ice. There is only the Force. - Page 7 Empty Re: There is no Fire and Ice. There is only the Force.

Post by Psyckosama on Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:45 am

Rieverre wrote:So needling you for information this way isn't going to work anymore. Pity, that was rather enjoyable.

No. It really was not.

So I was doing it wrong when I was still practicing ... I am somehow not surprised.

OOC didn't mean it that way, dude... just was saying because I've done both and one is more zeroing yourself and the other is more looking for something to center yourself with. Both can help, just one isn't the other from my own experiences.


"But I threw you into the deep end with the code I use to meditate," I admit frankly. "There is a later variation that might work better for this purpose. More rigid but with more direct message.

He looks over. "Alright. I'll try again..."

Would you like me to help with this? Head Obi-Wan asks.

There is no emotion, there is peace

This verse of the code is intended to be the prefix of all meditations. Clear your mind of all doubts and petty concerns. By freeing yourself of emotion, you leave yourself open to the full embrace of the Force.

There is no ignorance, there is knowledge,

The Path of the Jedi opens ones self to the force. Though the force we can gain greater understanding of the world and of others. It is also a warning. A Jedi cannot afford to close his mind to the views of others. Even if we disagree we must listen... and before you say anything smart Even in the days before the great schism, the viewpoints of those who would go on to become the Sith were considered. Rejected, but considered all the same. They are the ones who turned a doctrinal debate into over 5000 years of galactic bloodshed.

There is no passion, there is harmony

Passion, an uncontrolled emotion is the fuel of the Dark Side. A Jedi who cannot control his passions is a danger to himself and all around him. You must control your passions and maintain harmony within oneself.

There is no chaos, there is serenity

A Jedi's duty is to encourage balance. The entire universe is connected by the force and every action is caused by another. A Jedi must see beyond the apparent chaos and see the structure and will of the universe, and through that understanding bring harmony to the galaxy.

There is no death, there is the Force"

At one time, I would have said that this was figurative. A warning not to allow ones attachment to make one over morn the fallen and sink into sorrow. But now... the force runs through all things and we're luminous beings not limited to this fragile flesh. While not all those who die have the power and knowledge to find immortality in the Force, their spirits will always remain as part of the Force itself. There is no death. There is the Force.

I hope this helps.

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile https://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

There is no Fire and Ice. There is only the Force. - Page 7 Empty Re: There is no Fire and Ice. There is only the Force.

Post by Rieverre on Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:03 am

Psyckosama wrote:No. It really was not.

For you maybe. ^^

He looks over. "Alright. I'll try again..."

Well, if this works I'll be explaining Living Force and Unifying Force to him. I'm really heavily biased towards the former myself.

[quote]Would you like me to help with this? Head Obi-Wan asks.[quote]

Not gonna say no.

I hope this helps.

I pretty much paraphrase Head Obi-wan's words. They're very close to what I would have said in explanation myself but it saves me the need to lay it out myself. Barring the whole bits about thousands of years of warfare and non-setting-applicable issues.

And yeah, I don't disagree about the original Sith/Dark Jedi having ... issues. If you want to go do life extension research, fine. If you know people are against you trying? Fine. How do you go from one to 'I MUST NOW MAKE AN ARMY OF BIOLOGICAL ABOMINATIONS' ... I'm still trying to work out where that's ever a good idea.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Posts : 1164
Join date : 2012-12-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

There is no Fire and Ice. There is only the Force. - Page 7 Empty Re: There is no Fire and Ice. There is only the Force.

Post by Psyckosama on Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:26 am

Rieverre wrote:For you maybe. ^^

"..."

Well, if this works I'll be explaining Living Force and Unifying Force to him. I'm really heavily biased towards the former myself.

As is he... his aura just screams "living force affinity"

Not gonna say no.

Most intelligent thing you've said all day.

I pretty much paraphrase Head Obi-wan's words. They're very close to what I would have said in explanation myself but it saves me the need to lay it out myself. Barring the whole bits about thousands of years of warfare and non-setting-applicable issues.

Roll a d10 please.

And yeah, I don't disagree about the original Sith/Dark Jedi having ... issues. If you want to go do life extension research, fine. If you know people are against you trying? Fine. How do you go from one to 'I MUST NOW MAKE AN ARMY OF BIOLOGICAL ABOMINATIONS' ... I'm still trying to work out where that's ever a good idea.
[/quote]

"There might have even been room for co-exsistance it the Sith's didn't behave like murderous slaving megalomaniacs who always introduced themselves with an attempt subjugation of the Outer Rim.

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile https://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

There is no Fire and Ice. There is only the Force. - Page 7 Empty Re: There is no Fire and Ice. There is only the Force.

Post by Rieverre on Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:38 am

Psyckosama wrote:Roll a d10 please.

Rolling.

"There might have even been room for co-exsistance it the Sith's didn't behave like murderous slaving megalomaniacs who always introduced themselves with an attempt subjugation of the Outer Rim.

To be fair, the way the Republic and the Order wrapped up the Great Hyperspace War wasn't exactly conductive to positive relations either. One of the reasons for the conflict after that was that the histories the refugees of that conflict carried spoke of a war of annihilation once the scales tipped. Now, yes, at least one incident blamed on the Republic and the Jedi was propaganda to cover up something the then Emperor did, but all of them seems less than likely.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Posts : 1164
Join date : 2012-12-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

There is no Fire and Ice. There is only the Force. - Page 7 Empty Re: There is no Fire and Ice. There is only the Force.

Post by Dice Bot on Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:38 am

The member 'Rieverre' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd10' : 2

Dice Bot

Posts : 102
Join date : 2013-05-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

There is no Fire and Ice. There is only the Force. - Page 7 Empty Re: There is no Fire and Ice. There is only the Force.

Post by Psyckosama on Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:26 pm

Rieverre wrote:2

After some time and coaching you start to feel it work...

Would you like to leave it here, or do the whole profound spiritual experience thing and help him go deeper.

To be fair, the way the Republic and the Order wrapped up the Great Hyperspace War wasn't exactly conductive to positive relations either. One of the reasons for the conflict after that was that the histories the refugees of that conflict carried spoke of a war of annihilation once the scales tipped. Now, yes, at least one incident blamed on the Republic and the Jedi was propaganda to cover up something the then Emperor did, but all of them seems less than likely.

It was a war of annihilation before the scales were tipped. Something made very clear by their willingness to destroy entire systems. Between that and the assault on Coruscant, the Republic was pretty much unwilling to tolerate the Sith Empire. Most of the deaths however we caused by their own actions against their own people, or by suicides.

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile https://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

There is no Fire and Ice. There is only the Force. - Page 7 Empty Re: There is no Fire and Ice. There is only the Force.

Post by Rieverre on Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:03 pm

Psyckosama wrote:After some time and coaching you start to feel it work...

Would you like to leave it here, or do the whole profound spiritual experience thing and help him go deeper.

I'll let him go at his own pace, but try to get him to a point I'd call 'stable', I guess. You know, enough to be able to tell him he's taken his first steps in a larger world. ^^ While I wouldn't call it simple, it would be far from as difficult as it could become outside of a light side nexus.

It was a war of annihilation before the scales were tipped. Something made very clear by their willingness to destroy entire systems. Between that and the assault on Coruscant, the Republic was pretty much unwilling to tolerate the Sith Empire. Most of the deaths however we caused by their own actions against their own people, or by suicides.

Sadly, in war moderates are always some of the first casualties.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Posts : 1164
Join date : 2012-12-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

There is no Fire and Ice. There is only the Force. - Page 7 Empty Re: There is no Fire and Ice. There is only the Force.

Post by Psyckosama on Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:55 am

Rieverre wrote:I'll let him go at his own pace, but try to get him to a point I'd call 'stable', I guess. You know, enough to be able to tell him he's taken his first steps in a larger world. ^^ While I wouldn't call it simple, it would be far from as difficult as it could become outside of a light side nexus.

Eventually he opens his eyes and looks up at you. He seems... lighter than before. "So, that was the force..."

Sadly, in war moderates are always some of the first casualties.

I truly wish it was that easy. Dismiss yourself of romantic notions. The Jedi are not perfect. Some of us can be... insufferable I know, but the Sith are monsters.

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile https://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

There is no Fire and Ice. There is only the Force. - Page 7 Empty Re: There is no Fire and Ice. There is only the Force.

Post by Rieverre on Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:09 pm

Psyckosama wrote:Eventually he opens his eyes and looks up at you. He seems... lighter than before. "So, that was the force..."

"The light side of the Living Force, yes, but that's getting a bit far into philosophy for now," I grin. "Congratulations. You've taken your first step into a larger world."

I always did want to say that. ^^

"It will come easier now, but keep how it felt to reach the Force through meditation in mind. It's a good practice to maintain even when it comes seemingly at will, until it becomes second nature. Reflex. The Force brings with it great power, but it is also great responsibility, and the responsibility of the Jedi is to see with eyes unclouded by emotion if and when we choose to exercise that power."

Without moving, or opening my eyes, I reach towards a few pebbles littering the Godswood ground around me and lift them into the air, starting them on brief orbits around my body.

"The goal is to be able to maintain the connection, even given distractions such as holding a conversation or, indeed, doing so in the process of defending yourself."

I truly wish it was that easy. Dismiss yourself of romantic notions. The Jedi are not perfect. Some of us can be... insufferable I know, but the Sith are monsters.

Not all of them, though. At least, that's how it was before Bane. Heh. I wonder if there was a Darth Occlus in your timeline.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Posts : 1164
Join date : 2012-12-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

There is no Fire and Ice. There is only the Force. - Page 7 Empty Re: There is no Fire and Ice. There is only the Force.

Post by Psyckosama on Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:44 pm

Rieverre wrote:"The light side of the Living Force, yes, but that's getting a bit far into philosophy for now," I grin. "Congratulations. You've taken your first step into a larger world."

I always did want to say that. ^^

He smiles. "I'll have to reconcile it with my faith... but this... power. It was so pure. I understand now."

"It will come easier now, but keep how it felt to reach the Force through meditation in mind. It's a good practice to maintain even when it comes seemingly at will, until it becomes second nature. Reflex. The Force brings with it great power, but it is also great responsibility, and the responsibility of the Jedi is to see with eyes unclouded by emotion if and when we choose to exercise that power."

He nods. "Wise way to live. I believe I'll meditate for some time longer then offer my prayers to the gods."

Without moving, or opening my eyes, I reach towards a few pebbles littering the Godswood ground around me and lift them into the air, starting them on brief orbits around my body.

"The goal is to be able to maintain the connection, even given distractions such as holding a conversation or, indeed, doing so in the process of defending yourself."

He blinks. "I have a long way to go."

After he returns to the castle looking, honestly a bit younger.

Catlyn looks at him and blinks. "Are you alright?"

He smiles and nods. "We need to speak," he looks at you and nods. "Speak to Jon I need to discuss the Force with my wife. In the meantime I'll have quarters prepared for you."

Not all of them, though. At least, that's how it was before Bane. Heh. I wonder if there was a Darth Occlus in your timeline.

Who?

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile https://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

There is no Fire and Ice. There is only the Force. - Page 7 Empty Re: There is no Fire and Ice. There is only the Force.

Post by Rieverre on Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:27 pm

Psyckosama wrote:He smiles. "I'll have to reconcile it with my faith... but this... power. It was so pure. I understand now."

"That first moment of understanding is precious. There will be doubt, along the path. Remembering that moment can make dealing with that easier."

He nods. "Wise way to live. I believe I'll meditate for some time longer then offer my prayers to the gods."

"I think I'll join you, if that's alright? I have a few things to mull over myself."

I'm going to go out on a limb here and ask the tree if it could spare a branch. After all, if I am to train people, training blades will be required for them. And possibly for myself as well, for a variety of reasons. I'm thinking weirwood bokken might work well, but, well, it would be crass to just cut stuff off if you can ask beforehand.

*snicker* Ah, if the Jedi could see me now, reaching out with my feelings to look for not-quite-dead-fall.

He blinks. "I have a long way to go."

After he returns to the castle looking, honestly a bit younger.

Catlyn looks at him and blinks. "Are you alright?"

He smiles and nods. "We need to speak," he looks at you and nods. "Speak to Jon I need to discuss the Force with my wife. In the meantime I'll have quarters prepared for you."

I nod and leave the man to the no-doubt interesting conversation he'll have with his wife. Time to seek out young Snow. Or have him seek me out. Either or. The Force will likely provide. Well, the Force and youthful curiosity. If he hasn't been following us all this time anyway.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Posts : 1164
Join date : 2012-12-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

There is no Fire and Ice. There is only the Force. - Page 7 Empty Re: There is no Fire and Ice. There is only the Force.

Post by Psyckosama on Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:31 pm

Rieverre wrote:"That first moment of understanding is precious. There will be doubt, along the path. Remembering that moment can make dealing with that easier."

He nods."I will do so."

"I think I'll join you, if that's alright? I have a few things to mull over myself."

"Meditate with me, but I ask to give my prayers alone. They are for the gods' ears only."

I'm going to go out on a limb here and ask the tree if it could spare a branch. After all, if I am to train people, training blades will be required for them. And possibly for myself as well, for a variety of reasons. I'm thinking weirwood bokken might work well, but, well, it would be crass to just cut stuff off if you can ask beforehand.

You get an impression that this tree refuses but others might accept.

Plus it isn't kosher to go hacking limbs off one of the oldest heart trees in westeros. ;p

*snicker* Ah, if the Jedi could see me now, reaching out with my feelings to look for not-quite-dead-fall.

Okay, that didn't come out clearly...

I nod and leave the man to the no-doubt interesting conversation he'll have with his wife. Time to seek out young Snow. Or have him seek me out. Either or. The Force will likely provide. Well, the Force and youthful curiosity. If he hasn't been following us all this time anyway.

You find him hacking into a log in the training field.

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile https://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

There is no Fire and Ice. There is only the Force. - Page 7 Empty Re: There is no Fire and Ice. There is only the Force.

Post by Rieverre on Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:43 pm

Psyckosama wrote:You get an impression that this tree refuses but others might accept.

Plus it isn't kosher to go hacking limbs off one of the oldest heart trees in westeros. ;p

Well, hacking off would have been a last resort. More, I'm asking if it would give of itself and shed a branch. Well, if nothing else, seeking out another Weirwood tree for such a purpose would make for a good training journey.

You find him hacking into a log in the training field.

I watch for a bit without interrupting. Where's he at, emotionally.

*to Head Obi-wan* Darth Occlus was a Lord of the Dark Council during the Galactic War a few thousand years before the Clone Wars. While he was not what one might call on the side of light, he made it a point to not draw too deeply from either source, attempted to make contact with Jedi moderates several times, and even had a light-side apprentice, a former Jedi. The fulcrum of his interpretation of the Sith Code lay in 'through victory my chains are broken' and he postulated that mastery of one's fate was not something one could achieve while being a slave to the Dark Side. Use it? Yes. Respect it? Certainly. Rely on it to the exclusion of all else until it consumed you entirely? Never.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Posts : 1164
Join date : 2012-12-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

There is no Fire and Ice. There is only the Force. - Page 7 Empty Re: There is no Fire and Ice. There is only the Force.

Post by Psyckosama on Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:02 pm

Rieverre wrote:Well, hacking off would have been a last resort. More, I'm asking if it would give of itself and shed a branch. Well, if nothing else, seeking out another Weirwood tree for such a purpose would make for a good training journey.

Wouldn't be hard. This is the north. There are plenty.

I watch for a bit without interrupting. Where's he at, emotionally.

Young and frustrated.

*to Head Obi-wan* Darth Occlus was a Lord of the Dark Council during the Galactic War a few thousand years before the Clone Wars. While he was not what one might call on the side of light, he made it a point to not draw too deeply from either source, attempted to make contact with Jedi moderates several times, and even had a light-side apprentice, a former Jedi. The fulcrum of his interpretation of the Sith Code lay in 'through victory my chains are broken' and he postulated that mastery of one's fate was not something one could achieve while being a slave to the Dark Side. Use it? Yes. Respect it? Certainly. Rely on it to the exclusion of all else until it consumed you entirely? Never.

Sadly I doubt such a figure existed in the true history of my galaxy.

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile https://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

There is no Fire and Ice. There is only the Force. - Page 7 Empty Re: There is no Fire and Ice. There is only the Force.

Post by Rieverre on Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:42 pm

Psyckosama wrote:Wouldn't be hard. This is the north. There are plenty.

Field trip it is, then. Well, at some point anyway.

Young and frustrated.

The second does tend to follow the first a lot. Is he just hacking away at it, or does he take enough care to use some technique?

Well, in any case, he could definitely benefit from instruction. And meditation. Lots of meditation.

"Your anger does not work to your advantage," I offer when he pauses. "Its effects are fleeting. They make you sloppy. If you are to strike a blow, then it must be a blow you can rely on. Anger will not let you do that."

Once that has his attention ...

"A Jedi is a guardian of peace. One who uses their abilities to defend and protect. If you are to be a Jedi, you will learn to strike without aggression. Resolve, I find, works just as well."
Rieverre
Rieverre

Posts : 1164
Join date : 2012-12-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

There is no Fire and Ice. There is only the Force. - Page 7 Empty Re: There is no Fire and Ice. There is only the Force.

Post by WatcherVoid on Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:11 pm

OOC: Huh, could have sworn that i thought I'd posted a response. scratch

Psyckosama wrote:And then you woke up... :p

Heh.

Roll a d100 to see what meditation brings.

It shall be done outside upon a nice snow bank, just to reinforce that weather doesn't faze me to others.

It's nothing so exact, more a "Atteway" sense. And roll another d100 to see if you find something through the force..

I do admit i wasn't expecting it to be that detailed but this is as much as i would need.

Lets see what this break in travel turns up.
WatcherVoid
WatcherVoid

Posts : 29
Join date : 2014-03-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

There is no Fire and Ice. There is only the Force. - Page 7 Empty Re: There is no Fire and Ice. There is only the Force.

Post by Dice Bot on Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:11 pm

The member 'WatcherVoid' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'd100' : 42

--------------------------------

#2 'd100' : 25

Dice Bot

Posts : 102
Join date : 2013-05-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

There is no Fire and Ice. There is only the Force. - Page 7 Empty Re: There is no Fire and Ice. There is only the Force.

Post by Psyckosama on Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:26 pm

Rieverre wrote:Field trip it is, then. Well, at some point anyway.

You probably could just take a walk in the woods.

The second does tend to follow the first a lot. Is he just hacking away at it, or does he take enough care to use some technique?

He's hacking, but its obvious he knows what he's doing.

Well, in any case, he could definitely benefit from instruction. And meditation. Lots of meditation.

"Your anger does not work to your advantage," I offer when he pauses. "Its effects are fleeting. They make you sloppy. If you are to strike a blow, then it must be a blow you can rely on. Anger will not let you do that."

Once that has his attention ...

"A Jedi is a guardian of peace. One who uses their abilities to defend and protect. If you are to be a Jedi, you will learn to strike without aggression. Resolve, I find, works just as well."

He rounds on you. "Why were you in the Godswood last night?"

WatcherVoid wrote:OOC: Huh, could have sworn that i thought I'd posted a response.  scratch

Probably hit the preview button.

It shall be done outside upon a nice snow bank, just to reinforce that weather doesn't faze me to others.

You get vague impressions of fire and of war, of ice that will consume the land, stopped only by a thousand glowing swords...

I do admit i wasn't expecting it to be that detailed but this is as much as i would need.

Lets see what this break in travel turns up.

You find yourself standing before a Weirwood... the tree faintly hums with the power of light side and the living force

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile https://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

There is no Fire and Ice. There is only the Force. - Page 7 Empty Re: There is no Fire and Ice. There is only the Force.

Post by Rieverre on Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:36 pm

Psyckosama wrote:You probably could just take a walk in the woods.

I probably could, and at some point will, but it's got merit as a training exercise. Much like I imagine finding the right ores for the blade forging will for eventual apprentices.

He's hacking, but its obvious he knows what he's doing.

I wont know until I start trying to teach, but that might just mean I'll need him to unlearn most of it.

He rounds on you. "Why were you in the Godswood last night?"

"Because I sensed a place that had a strong presence in the Force and was curious," I shrug. "It shouldn't take too much training for you to see exactly what I mean. Consciously anyway. Your father managed it with some guidance and meditation."
Rieverre
Rieverre

Posts : 1164
Join date : 2012-12-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

There is no Fire and Ice. There is only the Force. - Page 7 Empty Re: There is no Fire and Ice. There is only the Force.

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 17  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum