Giant Stompy Robots
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

4 posters

Page 7 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Master of the Elements:  You in the Warhammer World Mk. II - Page 7 Empty Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Brian Boru Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:15 am

Psyckosama wrote:"Well, I was thinking more water and earth bending would do wonders for farming... but yes actually. One of my predecessors lived on a peninsula. After some bad experiences with the neighbors she literally tore it off of the continent and drug it out about 300 miles to sea."

She takes that about like you'd expect.

I'll be watching.

Indeed.

Because SPACE MAREENZ...

So, next day?

Space Wolves are cool....and yeah...

Right, next morning Ungrim is boozing it up. He glances at you then mutters in his mug.

If you ask what is the matter he asks, "Have a fun night manling?"...is that sarcasm....from a dwarf?

You trap him in a stone shell and basically fling him into the air before following behind it, with him raging from within. However as you're leaving you take a Hellfire blast to the shoulder which shocks you out of the Avatar state and sends you falling outside the wall.

FUCK!

You manage to land safely but one of your arms is badly injured. Even worse the shell has broken... and while he's injured, he's pretty pissed off and is trying to kill you. Smile

Right, I stomp the ground and try to knock him off his feet. If I can do that then I punch a pillar of stone into his back with the hope of breaking his back.

If that doesn't work then I'll airblast him into a tree then while he's stunned I pummel him with stones until he stops moving.

Brian Boru carried out 1 launched of one d100 :

Once he finally stops moving I'll either use some drinking water I brought find a stream to heal my arm as best I can. If I can't fully heal it or there's something supernatural about the injury then I might need to go find a temple. I'll use a wind blade to decapitate Kazrak then carry his head to the nearest town. Then I get a damn horse and ride back to Middenheim, with his head in as insulated a basket as I can get with ice acting as a preservative.

Once I get back I'll make sure I have Kazrak's head on ice. Check in on Alina, then for my own curiosity I'll go to a temple of Morr and try to meditate on what my spiritual situation is here in this world with such a different metaphysical world from where my powers come from.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Master of the Elements:  You in the Warhammer World Mk. II - Page 7 Empty Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Psyckosama Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:24 am

Brian Boru wrote:She takes that about like you'd expect.

A photoworthy look on her face with a comical choking sound?

Right, next morning Ungrim is boozing it up.  He glances at you then mutters in his mug.  

If you ask what is the matter he asks, "Have a fun night manling?"...is that sarcasm....from a dwarf?

"Not really," I reply grabbing a mug for myself, "I had to read her the riot act, explain everything about three times to get past her preconceptions then she left and went to her own room."

I order breakfast... with Bacon. Lots.

I take a swig of the beer and wince. "After living off dwarven ale for 2 months all other beer tastes like fizzy water. This is going to take some getting used to."

Anyways, we end up going eventually and heading south and... Psyckosama carried out 1 launched of one d100 :

Right, I stomp the ground and try to knock him off his feet.

He stumbles but doesn't fall.

If that doesn't work then I'll airblast him into a tree then while he's stunned I pummel him with stones until he stops moving.

He tries to resist it but Sir Issac Newton is the baddest son of a bitch in space and he gets sent flying. Moment later a 7 ton bolder joins him with a sickening crunch

His body is utterly mangled but his head is intact.

Once he finally stops moving I'll either use some drinking water I brought find a stream to heal my arm as best I can.  If I can't fully heal it or there's something supernatural about the injury then I might need to go find a temple.  I'll use a wind blade to decapitate Kazrak then carry his head to the nearest town.   Then I get a damn horse and ride back to Middenheim, with his head in as insulated a basket as I can get with ice acting as a preservative.  

You heal it for functionality but it's going to be tender for days.

And do you take out the other beastmen by, say, doing something fucking brutal inside that damned bowl?

But roll a d100 please just to see how the return trip goes.

Last edited by Psyckosama on Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:31 am; edited 1 time in total

Psyckosama
Admin

https://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:31 am

Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:34 am

Brian Boru wrote:18

Once he finally stops moving I'll either use some drinking water I brought find a stream to heal my arm as best I can. If I can't fully heal it or there's something supernatural about the injury then I might need to go find a temple. I'll use a wind blade to decapitate Kazrak then carry his head to the nearest town. Then I get a damn horse and ride back to Middenheim, with his head in as insulated a basket as I can get with ice acting as a preservative.

Once I get back I'll make sure I have Kazrak's head on ice. Check in on Alina, then for my own curiosity I'll go to a temple of Morr and try to meditate on what my spiritual situation is here in this world with such a different metaphysical world from where my powers come from.

Regardless of what you to to the rest of the beastmen, you get home without trouble.

Feeling like shit you hop on a coach with a big creepy stone backet with horns sticking out of it which people are wise enough to just ignore because fuck its creepy and you're kinda stressed out an intense.

about a week later you drag yourself into your townhouse and drop off the stone and ice covered head.

"Are you alright?"

You need a fucking nap.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:01 am

Psyckosama wrote:A photoworthy look on her face with a comical choking sound?

Yup, that's about right.

"Not really," I reply grabbing a mug for myself, "I had to read her the riot act, explain everything about three times to get past her preconceptions then she left and went to her own room."

He starts chuckling at that, which intensifies when the lady in question glides into the main room. A bit miffed at the slayer king's amusement.

I order breakfast... with Bacon. Lots.

They got the bacon.

Ungrim basically matches you, while Florina watches in mild horror at the two of you packing it away.

I take a swig of the beer and wince. "After living off dwarven ale for 2 months all other beer tastes like fizzy water. This is going to take some getting used to."

"You deal with what you get and this isn't HORRIBLE but eh what can you do?"

Anyways, we end up going eventually and heading south and... 87

Well you get through the Moot well enough but when you enter Averland, things get a bit hairy.

It's about half way down the old Dwarf Road to Blackfire pass, when you hear the sound of fierce fighting going on over a ridge.

When you investigate you see a good 50 or so men fighting on horseback...over about 100 head of cattle...looks like you stumbled across a cattle raid in mid-raid.

He stumbles but doesn't fall.

Dang.

He tries to resist it but Sir Issac Newton is the baddest son of a bitch in space and he gets sent flying. Moment later a 7 ton bolder joins him with a sickening crunch

His body is utterly mangled but his head is intact.

Excellent.

You heal it for functionality but it's going to be tender for days.

I can live with that.

And do you take out the other beastmen by, say, doing something fucking brutal inside that damned bowl?

I simply raise the walls a bit higher, then have them collapse inward, crushing absolutely anything else in there.[/quote]

Regardless of what you to to the rest of the beastmen, you get home without trouble.

Thank GOD!

Feeling like shit you hop on a coach with a big creepy stone backet with horns sticking out of it which people are wise enough to just ignore because fuck its creepy and you're kinda stressed out an intense.

Yeah that's about right. Though I might give people a strained smile and say that it's nothing to be concerned over...which probably go over about as well as you'd expect.

about a week later you drag yourself into your townhouse and drop off the stone and ice covered head.

I keep that in as cool and dry a place as I can add another layer of ice....

"Are you alright?"

I give her a warm and tired smile. "Well I'm certainly feeling better now. Don't worry sweet-heart. I'll live. But I need a few days to recover. My hunt was successful, now I just need to get to the elector count to give him the damn head, and get the reward. Then the fun stuff happens after that."

I'll ask her if anything interesting has happened since I was gone.

You need a fucking nap.

I'll rest for a few days. Then I'll clean up, dress myself properly then see about getting an interview with the Graf. I have something pertaining to his lost eye. Once I'm sure I can see him I'll bring the head for him to examine.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:31 am

Brian Boru wrote:Roll a d100.

rolling
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Dice Bot Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:31 am

The member 'Rieverre' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd100' : 66

Dice Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:35 pm

Brian Boru wrote:Yup, that's about right.

"When Urgrim dies, I've promised him his own memorial volcano."

He starts chuckling at that, which intensifies when the lady in question glides into the main room.  A bit miffed at the slayer king's amusement.

"Morning."

They got the bacon.

Ungrim basically matches you, while Florina watches in mild horror at the two of you packing it away.

I swallow. "I'm water tribe," I point out, "Our traditional diet is meat meat and more meat with the occasional garnish of seaweed..."

"You deal with what you get and this isn't HORRIBLE but eh what can you do?"

I shrug. "I'm honestly sorry to have taken you away from the beers of your homeland. We must suffer in the name of duty."

Well you get through the Moot well enough but when you enter Averland, things get a bit hairy.

It's about half way down the old Dwarf Road to Blackfire pass, when you hear the sound of fierce fighting going on over a ridge.

When you investigate you see a good 50 or so men fighting on horseback...over about 100 head of cattle...looks like you stumbled across a cattle raid in mid-raid.

"Oh for the love of..." I mutter.

Seriously, who pulls a cattle raid in the middle of the fucking empire.

Is it possible to tell the attackers from the defenders?

Excellent.

He's still alive, abet foaming at the mouth and looking at you with one beedy eye of hate when you decapitate him.

I can live with that.

Also probably going to scar.

I simply raise the walls a bit higher, then have them collapse inward, crushing absolutely anything else in there.

The bowl was several hundred yards wide. Try again.

Thank GOD!

Still, you look and feel like shit. That chaotic energy blast was something else. Probably would have turned any lesser being into a gibbering chaos spawn. Raava's power LOLNOPED it, but you still feel like Kentucky Fried Ass.

Yeah that's about right.  Though I might give people a strained smile and say that it's nothing to be concerned over...which probably go over about as well as you'd expect.

That just manages to make it worse.

I keep that in as cool and dry a place as I can add another layer of ice....

No need. You've basically just been keeping it frozen.

I give her a warm and tired smile.  "Well I'm certainly feeling better now.  Don't worry sweet-heart.  I'll live.  But I need a few days to recover.  My hunt was successful, now I just need to get to the elector count to give him the damn head, and get the reward.  Then the fun stuff happens after that."

"We'll need to get you dressed properly... unless you want to dress in the matter of your people. But your current clothing will not do."

Your water tribe outfit looks like it was thrown in a rock tumbler.

I'll ask her if anything interesting has happened since I was gone.

"Nothing to speak of..."

I'll rest for a few days.  Then I'll clean up, dress myself properly then see about getting an interview with the Graf.  I have something pertaining to his lost eye.  Once I'm sure I can see him I'll bring the head for him to examine.

The Steward nods and several guards surround you. "If I had a golden crown for every vagrant and nay-do-well who arrived with a beastman head looking to claim the bounty on the one eye, I'd be richer than a Dwarven King." he mutters, as two guards take the head. "We will take this to the Graf, and then, you will be taken to the dungeons."

You see him muttering about how it is one of the more convincing fakes he's seen as he leaves the room...

Assuming you stand there and do nothing...

10 minutes later the door explodes open and the Graf himself enters with a maddened look in his eyes and grabs you by the shoulders and kisses you on the lips in a moment of sheer joyous passion.

"YOU BEAUTIFUL BOY!" He laughs as he lifts you off the ground, hugging you hard enough to make your bones creek. Then he lets you down and laughs again. "Come come! The court was just settling in for dinner and you my boy are now the guest of honor!" He seems downright MANIC right now. "Fill that belly while my men fill a chest. 10,000 crowns is a respectable sum..."

"Well over five years income for many noble lords..." the Stewart replies with a frown.

"And worth every pence of copper," he replies. "So, what's your name, lad?"

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:18 am

Rieverre wrote:66

You manage to skewer about 50 of the bastards, leaving 350 now infuriated chaos warriors after your ass. Luckily you manage to play keep away from the massive beasts...and their horses. However a swarm of at least 50 break off from chasing you and go after the dozen or so Kislevites. The men draw their bows and loose arrow after but unless they RUN they'll get overrun....they don't seem willing to leave you behind.

Psyckosama wrote:"When Urgrim dies, I've promised him his own memorial volcano."

"...."

"Morning."

"Good Morning."

I swallow. "I'm water tribe," I point out, "Our traditional diet is meat meat and more meat with the occasional garnish of seaweed..."

The lady looks vaguely appalled at that one...considering she's a vampire it MUST be appalling to most others....besides yourself and other water tribesmen.

[quote]I shrug. "I'm honestly sorry to have taken you away from the beers of your homeland. We must suffer in the name of duty."

"Oh for the love of..." I mutter.

Seriously, who pulls a cattle raid in the middle of the fucking empire.

Seems to be two cattle lords fighting over unmarked cattle...

Is it possible to tell the attackers from the defenders?

Well one group have a blue bear as their sigil, the other a green mountain cat with a red ax. You THINK the ones trying to run off the cattle are the blue bear men.

He's still alive, abet foaming at the mouth and looking at you with one beedy eye of hate when you decapitate him.

"Tell your gods that the Avatar has come to this world and he intends to fix a few things."

Also probably going to scar.

Chicks dig scars.

The bowl was several hundred yards wide. Try again.

...can I Lava bend? I just lava bend under the fuckers... if I can't then I leave them stuck in there. They can EAT each other for all I care.

Still, you look and feel like shit. That chaotic energy blast was something else. Probably would have turned any lesser being into a gibbering chaos spawn. Raava's power LOLNOPED it, but you still feel like Kentucky Fried Ass.

Right, from now on...don't get hit...

That just manages to make it worse.

...yeah figured as much...

No need. You've basically just been keeping it frozen.

Ah good then.

"We'll need to get you dressed properly... unless you want to dress in the matter of your people. But your current clothing will not do."

Your water tribe outfit looks like it was thrown in a rock tumbler.

"I'll try and get a copy of what I wore before. It'll let me stand and show I'm not just another supplicant."

"Nothing to speak of..."

I kiss her cheek and say, "Well that's good. Did you miss me?"

The Steward nods and several guards surround you. "If I had a golden crown for every vagrant and nay-do-well who arrived with a beastman head looking to claim the bounty on the one eye, I'd be richer than a Dwarven King." he mutters, as two guards take the head. "We will take this to the Graf, and then, you will be taken to the dungeons."

You see him muttering about how it is one of the more convincing fakes he's seen as he leaves the room...

Assuming you stand there and do nothing...

I just stand there looking around at the decor and whistle a tune while I wait.

10 minutes later the door explodes open and the Graf himself enters with a maddened look in his eyes and grabs you by the shoulders and kisses you on the lips in a moment of sheer joyous passion.

"YOU BEAUTIFUL BOY!" He laughs as he lifts you off the ground, hugging you hard enough to make your bones creek. Then he lets you down and laughs again. "Come come! The court was just settling in for dinner and you my boy are now the guest of honor!" He seems downright MANIC right now. "Fill that belly while my men fill a chest. 10,000 crowns is a respectable sum..."

"Well over five years income for many noble lords..." the Stewart replies with a frown.

"And worth every pence of copper," he replies. "So, what's your name, lad?"

I wheeze bit as I recover my breath. "Bo..boru... *Cough* My name is Boru my lord."

Once what he says about me being the guest of honor I pause... "My Lord?" a bit at a loss.

I ask if I could bring a friend of mine, Alina. If I can I'll get a message sent to her as quick as possible. Otherwise I head in and pray for the best....

Lord Protect me in this pit of vipers!
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:35 am

Brian Boru wrote:"...."

"What?"

The lady looks vaguely appalled at that one...considering she's a vampire it MUST be appalling to most others....besides yourself and other water tribesmen.

"M'lady, you're the last person who should ever criticize others about their diet..."

"Indeed, every night I pray that I find my doom soon and I am released from this horrible torment."

I'm amusing this is the point we look at each other, have a chuckle, and down a beer.

[quote]Seems to be two cattle lords fighting over unmarked cattle...[quote]

I roll my eyes and a wall pops up between the two.

"Ug! WORK WORK WORK!"

[quote]Well one group have a blue bear as their sigil, the other a green mountain cat with a red ax.  You THINK the ones trying to run off the cattle are the blue bear men.
[quote]

CUT THIS SHIT OUT!

"Alright. The fuck is going on here."

[quote]"Tell your gods that the Avatar has come to this world and he intends to fix a few things."
[quote]

He spits bloody, foamy saliva on your shirt in contempt.

[quote]Chicks dig scars.
[quote]

Not this kind... ugly scar

[quote]...can I Lava bend?  I just lava bend under the fuckers... if I can't then I leave them stuck in there.  They can EAT each other for all I care.
[quote]

Why yes you can...

[quote]Right, from now on...don't get hit...
[quote]

Your mastery of the obvious is outstanding.

[quote]...yeah figured as much...
[quote]

Yep.

[quote]Ah good then.
[quote]

Beastman on ICE!

[quote]"I'll try and get a copy of what I wore before.  It'll let me stand and show I'm not just another supplicant."
[quote]

"I will arrange it, my love."

[quote]I kiss her cheek and say, "Well that's good.  Did you miss me?"
[quote]

She kisses you passonatly. That would probably be a yes.

[quote]I just stand there looking around at the decor and whistle a tune while I wait.

[quote]

"Oi now," one of the guards mumbles, "Cease that 'orrible racket."

[quote]I wheeze bit as I recover my breath.  "Bo..boru... *Cough*  My name is Boru my lord."
[quote]

He nods. "Right."

Once what he says about me being the guest of honor I pause... "My Lord?" a bit at a loss.

I ask if I could bring a friend of mine, Alina.  If I can I'll get a message sent to her as quick as possible.  Otherwise I head in and pray for the best....

Lord Protect me in this pit of vipers!

He nods. "See to it..."

A runner is sent and soon she arrives looking as radiant as ever.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:40 am

Brian Boru wrote:You manage to skewer about 50 of the bastards, leaving 350 now infuriated chaos warriors after your ass.  Luckily you manage to play keep away from the massive beasts...and their horses.  However a swarm of at least 50 break off from chasing you and go after the dozen or so Kislevites.  The men draw their bows and loose arrow after but unless they RUN they'll get overrun....they don't seem willing to leave you behind.

... yeah, we really need to talk about when it's acceptable to retreat at some point, but I doubt now is the time and I don't think I could rely on them doing so if I just shouted at them to or they would have already.

In which case ... well, time to get glowy-eyed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2jgTMz4s_c

I form an almost solid shell of air around myself and hit the swarm heading for the Kislevites like a cannon ball. Complete with letting the shield decompress around me with enough force to bowl the chaos warriors in the immediate vicinity over.

That done, I skip back to the Kislevite line and focus on pressure. Specifically, the pressure on the stone and dirt before me. I increase it exponentially until there's a line of glowing hot _lava_ in the way. Then I start bending up projectiles of _that_ and sending them at the enemy.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:50 pm

Psyckosama wrote:"What?"

"I've met some insane people, but you top all of them."

"M'lady, you're the last person who should ever criticize others about their diet..."

"B..but SEAWEED?"

I'm amusing this is the point we look at each other, have a chuckle, and down a beer.

The little barkeep looks like he wants to be insulted but considering the big man and the big insane slayer are the ones dissing his beer...he'll keep his mouth shut.

I roll my eyes and a wall pops up between the two.

"Ug! WORK WORK WORK!"

The fighting dissolves into a panicked scramble, a few folks SLAM into the wall before everything settles down.

CUT THIS SHIT OUT!

"Alright. The fuck is going on here."

All 50 men turn and stare in dumbfounded horror at the wizard coming down on them. But eventually the leaders of both sides ride forward.

Blue Bear is one Johann van Gruber A big ox of a man with long black mustachios.

The other is named Leopold von Axen, just as tall as Johann but whip-cord lean and clean shaven, his blonde hair worn short.

Both men then go into a spiel about how both claimed that the cattle belonged to their herds and with there being no Elector count in Averland, they had to take matters into their own hands.

Johann claimed that they came across Leopold and his men trying to herd off a bunch of the heifers that he had already gathered for branding.

Leopold on the other hand claimed they were herding THEIR heifers when Johann jumped them and tried to steal their cattle.

He spits bloody, foamy saliva on your shirt in contempt.

Defiant to the end...I guess I can respect that.

Not this kind... ugly scar

Darn...

Why yes you can...

then they burn!

Your mastery of the obvious is outstanding.

*Cavalier bow* I try....I try...

Beastman on ICE!

HA!

"I will arrange it, my love."

"Thank-you love. You're a goddsend."

She kisses you passonatly. That would probably be a yes.

Giggity

"Oi now," one of the guards mumbles, "Cease that 'orrible racket."

I shut up and mutter to myself....barbarians can't appreciate good music.

He nods. "Right."

"So I guess it WAS the right head then? Because I might have jumped off the city walls if it was the wrong one considering the hell I went through to kill that bastard." I try to make it apparent in my tone that I'm not serious about it.

He nods. "See to it..."

A runner is sent and soon she arrives looking as radiant as ever.

I smile when I see her, I walk up to her and say. "It was the right one. 10,000 crowns richer and I think the Graf is in love with me...for the moment at least. Now we're guests of honor for an elector count...and the focus for everyone else there... please keep me safe..." I kinda squeak that last bit out.

Rieverre wrote:... yeah, we really need to talk about when it's acceptable to retreat at some point, but I doubt now is the time and I don't think I could rely on them doing so if I just shouted at them to or they would have already.

In which case ... well, time to get glowy-eyed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2jgTMz4s_c

I form an almost solid shell of air around myself and hit the swarm heading for the Kislevites like a cannon ball. Complete with letting the shield decompress around me with enough force to bowl the chaos warriors in the immediate vicinity over.

You plow through them and they go flying like nine-pins breaking up their charge and allowing the Kislivites to potshot more of them.

That done, I skip back to the Kislevite line and focus on pressure. Specifically, the pressure on the stone and dirt before me. I increase it exponentially until there's a line of glowing hot _lava_ in the way. Then I start bending up projectiles of _that_ and sending them at the enemy.

When the surviving Marauders watch their Warrior leaders get enveloped by FUCKING LAVA...that more or less breaks them and the surviving 50 or so skedaddle back to the North....

Your Kislevite companions react about what you'd expect....
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:57 pm

Brian Boru wrote:When the surviving Marauders watch their Warrior leaders get enveloped by FUCKING LAVA...that more or less breaks them and the surviving 50 or so skedaddle back to the North....

Your Kislevite companions react about what you'd expect....

I get the lava calmed down first, before going non-glowy.

Hmm ... not as bad as taking the daemon on, then again, that was a whole 'nother level of magnitude.

Then, well, hopefully I can get the Kislevites calmed down, or at least get to the one that got hit and try some waterbending to keep him from expiring.

Any other injuries?
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:24 pm

Brian Boru wrote:"I've met some insane people, but you top all of them."

"Sanity is just the lack of any interesting personality traits."

"B..but SEAWEED?"

"Is actually very good when properly prepared. Besides, my homeland makes Norsca look positively balmy. In my world there were no Chaos Wastes. Instead, there was the homeland of the Water Tribe. Though technically I'm Southern Water Tribe, not Northern Water Tribe... but I doubt the distinction would mean anything in this world."

I mutter something about needing to make some proper water tribe noddles one of these days...

The little barkeep looks like he wants to be insulted but considering the big man and the big insane slayer are the ones dissing his beer...he'll keep his mouth shut.

I glance at him. "Friend, the beer is good. Just we're making jokes after having had nothing but the high grade Dwarven stuff which you have to admit, is such an art to make it's damned near alchemy. Probably a world better than the stuff most human make..."

The fighting dissolves into a panicked scramble, a few folks SLAM into the wall before everything settles down.

I roll my eyes.

All 50 men turn and stare in dumbfounded horror at the wizard coming down on them.  But eventually the leaders of both sides ride forward.

Blue Bear is one Johann van Gruber A big ox of a man with long black mustachios.

The other is named Leopold von Axen, just as tall as Johann but whip-cord lean and clean shaven, his blonde hair worn short.

Both men then go into a spiel about how both claimed that the cattle belonged to their herds and with there being no Elector count in Averland, they had to take matters into their own hands.  

Johann claimed that they came across Leopold and his men trying to herd off a bunch of the heifers  that he had already gathered for branding.

Leopold on the other hand claimed they were herding THEIR heifers when Johann jumped them and tried to steal their cattle.

I cross my arms and tune in my Bullshit Detector to Max.

Psyckosama carried out 1 launched of one d10 :

Defiant to the end...I guess I can respect that.

Yep. Though you're still handing it over to get stuffed and mounted.

Darn...

Shirt covers it though. It's kinda like a nasty burn on your upper back.

then they burn!

You can hear the screams.

*Cavalier bow* I try....I try...

Hardly a compliment.

"Thank-you love.  You're a goddsend."

She smirks.

Giggity

She knows where to find your joystick... just give it a tug and you turn in the direction she likes

I shut up and mutter to myself....barbarians can't appreciate good music.

"Oi, wot was that now then..."

*poke*poke*

"So I guess it WAS the right head then?  Because I might have jumped off the city walls if it was the wrong one considering the hell I went through to kill that bastard."  I try to make it apparent in my tone that I'm not serious about it.

Boris laughs. "I can only imagine! You'll have to tell me how... I've had the Knight's Panther looking for it for the better part of 20 years. Going to have it stuffed and mounted."

I smile when I see her,  I walk up to her and say. "It was the right one. 10,000 crowns richer and I think the Graf is in love with me...for the moment at least.  Now we're guests of honor for an elector count...and the focus for everyone else there... please keep me safe..."  I kinda squeak that last bit out.

Well, he gives you a seat at the high table."

"Here's to Boru! The man of the hour!"

There's a toast to you. "Well, you'll have to introduce me to the lovely young woman and tell me, what do you intend to do with all that money?" He takes a sip of expensive Bretonian brandy. "I hope you don't mind if it'll take a couple days to pull together. It's quite the tidy sum and considering the amount and the deed, I'd like to put a show on for the common folk. You know how it goes."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:36 pm

Rieverre wrote:I get the lava calmed down first, before going non-glowy.

Right then.

Hmm ... not as bad as taking the daemon on, then again, that was a whole 'nother level of magnitude.

True.

Then, well, hopefully I can get the Kislevites calmed down, or at least get to the one that got hit and try some waterbending to keep him from expiring.

Any other injuries?

Unfortunately that one's bled out during the fight. But the others are overjoyed that so many Chaos warriors are dead. The others aren't all that injured so they're ready to head back and tell the rest of the band what you've managed to accomplished and to warn the others that the Chaos Wastes are spewing more and more gribblies...they might have to go ahead and warn the local lords what's going on...including you...

Roll a d10 for the return trip.

Psyckosama wrote:"Sanity is just the lack of any interesting personality traits."

She shakes her head in disgust.

"Is actually very good when properly prepared. Besides, my homeland makes Norsca look positively balmy. In my world there were no Chaos Wastes. Instead, there was the homeland of the Water Tribe. Though technically I'm Southern Water Tribe, not Northern Water Tribe... but I doubt the distinction would mean anything in this world."

I mutter something about needing to make some proper water tribe noddles one of these days...

She'll take your word for it....yeah not sure how to respond to that.

I glance at him. "Friend, the beer is good. Just we're making jokes after having had nothing but the high grade Dwarven stuff which you have to admit, is such an art to make it's damned near alchemy. Probably a world better than the stuff most human make..."

That mollifies him a bit...but there's still a slayer and his companion sitting at his pub...and he's starting to get suspicious of that pale lady over there.

I roll my eyes.

Momentum...she's a cruel mistress...

I cross my arms and tune in my Bullshit Detector to Max.

Well you're not entirely sure considering they were just fighting and riding...BUT you think you get the feeling Leopold von Axon isn't being truthful about what he was doing.

Yep. Though you're still handing it over to get stuffed and mounted.

Couldn't be a more fitting end.

Shirt covers it though. It's kinda like a nasty burn on your upper back.

Considering the bastard I took down in the process? I can live with it.

You can hear the screams.

Ah sweet music.

She smirks.

Yup....she's got me whipped don't she?

She knows where to find your joystick... just give it a tug and you turn in the direction she likes

....ha?

"Oi, wot was that now then..."

*poke*poke*

"Nothing, nothing at all."

Boris laughs. "I can only imagine! You'll have to tell me how... I've had the Knight's Panther looking for it for the better part of 20 years. Going to have it stuffed and mounted."

"Ah yes...quite a tale."

Well, he gives you a seat at the high table.

USE THE NAPKINS AND WATCH HOW EVERYONE ELSE EATS!

"Here's to Boru! The man of the hour!"

I enjoy the accolade.

There's a toast to you. "Well, you'll have to introduce me to the lovely young woman and tell me, what do you intend to do with all that money?" He takes a sip of expensive Bretonian brandy. "I hope you don't mind if it'll take a couple days to pull together. It's quite the tidy sum and considering the amount and the deed, I'd like to put a show on for the common folk. You know how it goes."

I answer those in reverse.

"I perfectly understand. That beast was an unholy terror on all of the North and taking him down is a momentous thing."

"As for the money. I have a few ventures I have up my sleeve and 10,000 crowns is a perfect funding for it."

Then I glance to Alina, trying to non-verbally ask her if I should tell the truth about her.

If she does I say that she is Alina von Carstein of Sylvania.

If things DON'T get hostile we'll go from there.

If they DO then I'll explain that one: She's still mortal
two: Her uncle did me a favor once and I'd like to not ruin that good will
three: If someone has a problem with her then they have a problem with me and I'll dare any one of you to face me man to man.

If that ends it then fine.

If it doesn't and we get guards sicced on us then I grab her and we skedaddle out of the the city post haste.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:40 pm

Brian Boru wrote:She shakes her head in disgust.

I give her a "Look who's talking" look

She'll take your word for it....yeah not sure how to respond to that.

"Toasted Seaweed is yummy."

That mollifies him a bit...but there's still a slayer and his companion sitting at his pub...and he's starting to get suspicious of that pale lady over there.

Heh.

Momentum...she's a cruel mistress...

I'll heal the injured... kinda. So they don't die or get cripped for life.

Well you're not entirely sure considering they were just fighting and riding...BUT you think you get the feeling Leopold von Axon isn't being truthful about what he was doing.

I cross my arms and GLARE at von Axon.

"REALLLLY now..."

Couldn't be a more fitting end.

He thinks so. It's why he's having it done.

Considering the bastard I took down in the process?  I can live with it.

Ok

Ah sweet music.

Dats just fucked up...

Yup....she's got me whipped don't she?

....ha?

"Nothing, nothing at all."

"Didn't think so..."

"Ah yes...quite a tale."

You get the feeling he wants you to say it.

USE THE NAPKINS AND WATCH HOW EVERYONE ELSE EATS!

He glances over. "Ah, should have prepared you maybe... too late for that. Just don't intentionally make an ass of yourself. You're earned some slack, boy."

I enjoy the accolade.

There's some cheering.

I answer those in reverse.

"I perfectly understand.  That beast was an unholy terror on all of the North and taking him down is a momentous thing."

"Aye. How did you do it?"

"As for the money.  I have a few ventures I have up my sleeve and 10,000 crowns is a perfect funding for it."

"Mind telling a man?"

Then I glance to Alina, trying to non-verbally ask her if I should tell the truth about her.

She smirks.

If she does I say that she is Alina von Carstein of Sylvania.

He raises an eyebrow

If they DO then I'll explain that one: She's still mortal
two: Her uncle did me a favor once and I'd like to not ruin that good will
three: If someone has a problem with her then they have a problem with me and I'll dare any one of you to face me man to man.

"Noble blood is noble blood, even if she's of an infamous house from a backwater. Still, best to take precautions."

He nods and a pair of finely made amulets of Ulric are produced. "Consider them a gift if you will."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:06 pm

Psyckosama wrote:I give her a "Look who's talking" look

She turns her head.

"Toasted Seaweed is yummy."

...Blargh...

I'll heal the injured... kinda. So they don't die or get cripped for life.

Stunned amazement at what you did.

I cross my arms and GLARE at von Axon.

"REALLLLY now..."

Johann looks smug.

Roll a d10 to see if he cracks.

He thinks so. It's why he's having it done.

Heh

Dats just fucked up...

They're beastmen under WHAT circumstances is them dying a BAD thing?

If she goes too far I won't hesitate to boot her out on her finely shaped ass.

"Didn't think so..."

Betcha they were surprised when Boris came in overjoyed.

You get the feeling he wants you to say it.

I'll get to it...just don't want the witch hunters or the temples on my ass.

He glances over. "Ah, should have prepared you maybe... too late for that. Just don't intentionally make an ass of yourself. You're earned some slack, boy."

"Well I'm not a wild man but I thank you for your pre-emptive forgiveness.  I'll try."

There's some cheering.

Awesome.

"Aye. How did you do it?"

I glance at the table and any possible emergency exits, then I sigh and speak, "Let me ask you a question first...what is your feeling on the metaphysical?"

Whatever his answer I tell him the basics.  "Where I come from, a fair sized portion of the population has the ability to manipulate the four elements."

"Water."

I bend a glass of water and make it play across my fingers, freeze it, then un-freeze it and let it flow back into my hands.

"Earth."

I bend my fork into some funny shapes then bend it back into it's proper shape.

"Fire."

I make a small ball of flame in my hands before snuffing it out.

"Air."

I make a small gust blow from by hands.

If no one's freaked out at this point I continue.

"Now it's a proven fact that one can bend only ONE single element and bending any of the others is impossible.  There IS one exception though.  The Avatar, master of all the elements and more powerful in each element than any other.  There is one born every generation and they act as a force of good, order and balance in the world."

"Before anyone panics what benders, as they're called, use is NOT magic.  They do NOT pull on the winds of magic in a shape or form.  It's impossible to be corrupted by bending and is INCREDIBLE safe compared to what wizards use.  It uses the spiritual strength of the bender to wield it and I doubt a wizard could dispel it even if they were Teclis himself."

I let them digest that then I continue.  "If you wish you could call in every holy man in Middenheim and they'll assure you it's not magic or calling on the powers of the dark gods I'm using."

"As for how I killed Kazrak simple.  I tracked down his herd, it was near the Hochland border by the way.  I trapped them and then destroyed them then I separated Kazrak from his herd, crushed him and brought his head.  I didn’t do so unscathed though.”

I show my scar where I was scorched by the shaman.

“If you go to the Hochland border, you’ll find a stone corral where the charred remains of his entire herd still lie.  I’ll show you it if you wish.”

Then I sit back and wait.

"Mind telling a man?"

I’ll likely have to wait until we deal with the above fall out.  Though I plan to prepare for the Storm in any way I can.

She smirks.

I’ll take that as a yes.

He raises an eyebrow

If that’s the worst he does I can live with that.

"Noble blood is noble blood, even if she's of an infamous house from a backwater. Still, best to take precautions."

He nods and a pair of finely made amulets of Ulric are produced. "Consider them a gift if you will."

I sigh in relief if that’s all then I think I got off easily. I take it and wear it though I plan to meditate with the thing and see what happens.

I hand the other to Alina, if she protests I’ll glare at her to wear the damn thing.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:58 am

Brian Boru wrote:Roll a d10 for the return trip.

considering the dice still hate me ... here we go
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Dice Bot Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:58 am

The member 'Rieverre' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd10' : 9

Dice Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:44 am

Brian Boru wrote:She turns her head.

*grin*

...Blargh...

"It's salty and crispy and delicious."

Stunned amazement at what you did.

Ok...

Johann looks smug.

Roll a d10 to see if he cracks.

Psyckosama carried out 1 launched of one d10 :

They're beastmen under WHAT circumstances is them dying a BAD thing?

Sadism. It's never a good thing.

If she goes too far I won't hesitate to boot her out on her finely shaped ass.

Right. You think that.

Betcha they were surprised when Boris came in overjoyed.

Oh yes. Todbringer isn't prone to childish glee. It was a bit of a WTF.

I'll get to it...just don't want the witch hunters or the temples on my ass.

*whistles*

"Well I'm not a wild man but I thank you for your pre-emptive forgiveness.  I'll try."

"All I ask."

I glance at the table and any possible emergency exits, then I sigh and speak, "Let me ask you a question first...what is your feeling on the metaphysical?"

I'm assuming you're not doing this in a way EVERYONE will hear.

He crosses his arms. "Don't tell me you're an unregested mage... and if you are... this isn't the place or the time."

Lets handle this bit first...

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:52 am

Rieverre wrote:9

Well you don't run into another chaos band...but your horse does trip in a gopher hole hidden in the grass and shatters its leg...it's pretty nasty bones out in the open and everything.

Psyckosama wrote:"It's salty and crispy and delicious."

Whelp you managed to chase her back into her room.

[quote]4[/roll]

Well he doesn't shatter into a blubbering mess but he does admit he knows that these heifers were from Johann's herds.

Unfortunately he misses Johann leaping for him with every intention of strangling him.

Sadism. It's never a good thing.

Okay how about grim satisfaction at knowing you're rid of the fuckers.

Right. You think that.

...yeah I'm kind of a softie when it comes to women...

Oh yes. Todbringer isn't prone to childish glee. It was a bit of a WTF.

Heh some mild satisfaction.

*whistles*

What are you up to?

"All I ask."

Good.

I'm assuming you're not doing this in a way EVERYONE will hear.

...how far from the dining hall was I waiting for him...I'll do it somewhere inbetween without any other witnesses.

He crosses his arms. "Don't tell me you're an unregested mage... and if you are... this isn't the place or the time."

"Well, some might call it magic, but it isn't. Not. Magic. At. All. It doesn't use the same source as mages, in fact it almost gives one a resistance to the winds. As for unregistered....I'm not from the Empire."

I then give him a rough explanation of bending hammering over and over again that it ISN'T magic and it WON'T blow up or mutate or corrupt the user, it can't, that isn't how it works, there's nothing in it that COULD corrupt the user. The ar-Ulric himself wouldn't be able to find corruption in me from my abilities.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:59 am

Brian Boru wrote:Whelp you managed to chase her back into her room.

What?

Well he doesn't shatter into a blubbering mess but he does admit he knows that these heifers were from Johann's herds.  

Unfortunately he misses Johann leaping for him with every intention of strangling him.

I knock Johann on his ass with a blast of air.

"Alright. Now that we've figured out the problem its time for you to apologize and pay a penance. These heifers are going to need to meet a stud. And you my boy are going to lend him your strongest bull for a week, now aren't you. As a friendly way of apologizing and putting this to right in a way that doesn't involve him folding you like a piece of paper. Right?"

Okay how about grim satisfaction at knowing you're rid of the fuckers.

Better.

...yeah I'm kind of a softie when it comes to women...

Not the word I'd use...

I'd say more "Welcome Mat" :p

Heh some mild satisfaction.

Oh yes.

What are you up to?

"All I ask."

Good.

...how far from the dining hall was I waiting for him...I'll do it somewhere inbetween without any other witnesses.

Better. He'll have a court mage watching to make sure...

"Well, some might call it magic, but it isn't.  Not. Magic. At. All.  It doesn't use the same source as mages, in fact it almost gives one a resistance to the winds.

He knows very little about magic.

As for unregistered....I'm not from the Empire."

Law doesn't differentiate.

I then give him a rough explanation of bending hammering over and over again that it ISN'T magic and it WON'T blow up or mutate or corrupt the user, it can't, that isn't how it works, there's nothing in it that COULD corrupt the user.  The ar-Ulric himself wouldn't be able to find corruption in me from my abilities.

If your power is as you say, he might have ar-Ulric check.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:14 am

Psyckosama wrote:What?

I mean she's apparently got enough of her old tastes that she's actually driven from the room from your talk about sea sludge.

I knock Johann on his ass with a blast of air.

That knocks the fight out of him.

"Alright. Now that we've figured out the problem its time for you to apologize and pay a penance. These heifers are going to need to meet a stud. And you my boy are going to lend him your strongest bull for a week, now aren't you. As a friendly way of apologizing and putting this to right in a way that doesn't involve him folding you like a piece of paper. Right?"

Both men look like they want to complain but eventually they both agree to such an offer. Shaking hands on it.

Johann then looks back to you and invites a three to his camp for the evening. Giving you the best of his hospitality is the least he could do for what you did for him.

Better.

Right then.

Not the word I'd use...

I'd say more "Welcome Mat" :p

Well none of them have pissed me off yet.

Oh yes.

Heh

Suspicious look

Better. He'll have a court mage watching to make sure...

Well if he wants a show then I'll give him a show. And he can have the court mage do whatever the hell he can think of.

He knows very little about magic.

Right...okay then...I don't have ANY magic in me. None whatsoever.

Law doesn't differentiate.

Crud.

If your power is as you say, he might have ar-Ulric check.

He's welcome to examine me until the sun burns out, he won't find anything.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:23 am

Brian Boru wrote:I mean she's apparently got enough of her old tastes that she's actually driven from the room from your talk about sea sludge.

Fuck you. Nori is delicious.

That knocks the fight out of him.

Good.

Both men look like they want to complain but eventually they both agree to such an offer.  Shaking hands on it.

"Good. You'll also be covering the wages of any injured in this little misadventure until they're good to work, and if you do it again, I'll be... annoyed."

Johann then looks back to you and invites a three to his camp for the evening.  Giving you the best of his hospitality is the least he could do for what you did for him.

I join him and if he asks I actually explain what I am... to a degree that isn't quite so creepy. Not a mage, closer to a priest... The Avatar. My job is to keep the balance, and that includes putting an end to 'disagreements'. To me this was... well... what I do.

Anyways, we can have that conversation while moving on!

Psyckosama carried out 1 launched of one d100 :

Well none of them have pissed me off yet.

Because they're not stupid.

Suspicious look

Very Happy

Well if he wants a show then I'll give him a show.  And he can have the court mage do whatever the hell he can think of.

The mage'll be looking out for the winds.

Right...okay then...I don't have ANY magic in me. None whatsoever.

Right...

Crud.

There's the problem.

He's welcome to examine me until the sun burns out, he won't find anything.

So, you do your little private display? If so, repost?

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:51 am

Psyckosama wrote:Fuck you. Nori is delicious.

I've tried seaweed once...never again...but then it takes all sorts I guess.

"Good. You'll also be covering the wages of any injured in this little misadventure until they're good to work, and if you do it again, I'll be... annoyed."

Leopold flinches but he eventually agrees.

I join him and if he asks I actually explain what I am... to a degree that isn't quite so creepy. Not a mage, closer to a priest... The Avatar. My job is to keep the balance, and that includes putting an end to 'disagreements'. To me this was... well... what I do.

"Interesting, and what are the Strictures of this Raava?"

Anyways, we can have that conversation while moving on!

Right. Then you have a pretty good time, a bunch of eating, drinking and hoopla. Ungrim seems to enjoy himself...but Florina seems to be...distracted by something and she flinches when she smells a steer being butchered....seems the thirst is starting to come back...might want to do something about that.

Well for the rest of the trek things go pretty well. Then you enter the mountains, where things things get a bit hairier. You're about into your second day in when you're forced to sooth Florina's thrist again. Once you're finished, she asks you if there is a way to completely remove the thirst? Before you she was one of the most blood-thirsty of all the Carsteins, even if she hated being so, having you sooth that thirst is wonderful but what happens if and when you die? Will she go back to that maddened and tortured beast?

Because they're not stupid.

So long as they don't piss me off I don't care what they get up to.

The mage'll be looking out for the winds.

Right that.

Right...

It's the truth!

There's the problem.

Yeah.

So, you do your little private display? If so, repost?

Right, there are four elements that are part of the bending arts.

Water I bend some water out of a flask I have on me. Freeze it. Then flow it back into the flask.

Earth. I ask for an ordinary knife, then I bend it into a pretzel shape, then I bend it back to normal.

Fire. A small ball of fire appears in my hand.

Air. I put out several candles with a blast of air.

Normally one can only bend a single element. Save for one. The Avatar, who can bend all of them.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:51 am

Brian Boru wrote:Well you don't run into another chaos band...but your horse does trip in a gopher hole hidden in the grass and shatters its leg...it's pretty nasty bones out in the open and everything.

I get the feeling that somewhere Tzeentch is laughing.

Sigh.

Well, I'll try to heal it up via waterbending, but if it's hopeless I guess the only thing to do is to put it down.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:18 pm

Brian Boru wrote:I've tried seaweed once...never again...but then it takes all sorts I guess.

While I love Japanese food... which means I eat a lot of seaweed.

Leopold flinches but he eventually agrees.

Like he had a choice.

"Interesting, and what are the Strictures of this Raava?"

"Raava doesn't normally present herself as a goddess and thus doesn't have strict strictures. It's more in the line of... well... help preserve the balance, live your life honorably, and aid and abet the avatar in his or her duties."

I explain the perceptional difference between "Gods" and "Spirits" and explain what I mean by balance. Mostly it comes in the form of moderation and respect for all things. As well as the outright rejection of Chaos as the enemy of balance.

It's probably a long philosophical discussion...

Want some highlights?

Right.  Then you have a pretty good time, a bunch of eating, drinking and hoopla.  Ungrim seems to enjoy himself...but Florina seems to be...distracted by something and she flinches when she smells a steer being butchered....seems the thirst is starting to come back...might want to do something about that.

"Florina, come here... I can help you with that."

I Spiritbend her thirst away. Since I've done it before, do I really need to roll?

Well, unless I energybend...

Well for the rest of the trek things go pretty well. Then you enter the mountains, where things things get a bit hairier.  You're about into your second day in when you're forced to sooth Florina's thrist again.  Once you're finished, she asks you if there is a way to completely remove the thirst?  Before you she was one of the most blood-thirsty of all the Carsteins, even if she hated being so, having you sooth that thirst is wonderful but what happens if and when you die?  Will she go back to that maddened and tortured beast?

I take a deep breath.

Energybending

Spiritbending just balances her spirit, but her thirst will pull it back out of balance.

Energybending on the other hand is involves making fundamental changes to her spiritual nature. I could remove her thirst, but I haven't offered because there's a risk. I could accidentally destroy her or even end up restoring her mortality. I don't know... and unless I find a vampire who is... frankly... asshole enough that I'd just kill them anyways, I'd rather not fiddle with her soul.

So long as they don't piss me off I don't care what they get up to.

Heh... I'll remember you said that.

Right, there are four elements that are part of the bending arts.  

Water I bend some water out of a flask I have on me. Freeze it.  Then flow it back into the flask.

Earth.  I ask for an ordinary knife, then I bend it into a pretzel shape, then I bend it back to normal.

Fire.  A small ball of fire appears in my hand.

Air.  I put out several candles with a blast of air.

Normally one can only bend a single element.  Save for one.  The Avatar, who can bend all of them.

It's watched by both the mage and the priest... and he general consensus is that what you're doing isn't magic as they know it. It's more akin to divine blessings than sorcery but even then its not quite the same.

Basically, you're not a mage. You're... something else...

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:57 am

Rieverre wrote:I get the feeling that somewhere Tzeentch is laughing.

Heh

Sigh.

Well, I'll try to heal it up via waterbending, but if it's hopeless I guess the only thing to do is to put it down.

Roll a d6 for how well the horse heals.

Psyckosama wrote:While I love Japanese food... which means I eat a lot of seaweed.

To each their own I guess.

Like he had a choice.

Doesn't mean he has to like it.

"Raava doesn't normally present herself as a goddess and thus doesn't have strict strictures. It's more in the line of... well... help preserve the balance, live your life honorably, and aid and abet the avatar in his or her duties."

I explain the perceptional difference between "Gods" and "Spirits" and explain what I mean by balance. Mostly it comes in the form of moderation and respect for all things. As well as the outright rejection of Chaos as the enemy of balance.

It's probably a long philosophical discussion...

Want some highlights?

Eh why not. The man seems honestly curious...still a loyal Sigmarite though.

"Florina, come here... I can help you with that."

I Spiritbend her thirst away. Since I've done it before, do I really need to roll?

Well, unless I energybend...

No but you get the feeling your first time was a miraculous fluke with how effective it was.

I take a deep breath.

Energybending

Spiritbending just balances her spirit, but her thirst will pull it back out of balance.

Energybending on the other hand is involves making fundamental changes to her spiritual nature. I could remove her thirst, but I haven't offered because there's a risk. I could accidentally destroy her or even end up restoring her mortality. I don't know... and unless I find a vampire who is... frankly... asshole enough that I'd just kill them anyways, I'd rather not fiddle with her soul.

She's silent for a while then she tells you her story.

She had been a friend of Isabella von Carstein when she had been Drakfels. When Vlad had come and suddenly married her almost over night, she hadn't believed it.

When she finally met Vlad for herself, well she understood why Isabella had done what she had. For she herself had fallen head over heels for Vlad. She had hoped that maybe Vlad might take her for a mistress, she hadn't worried about Isabella because the two had always shared everything, why should this be any different? But eventually it became QUITE clear that Vlad had eyes and love only for Isabella. It shattered her and she tried to kill herself.

Isabella had begged Vlad to give her the blood kiss to save her and he eventually did.

She was glad that even if Vlad would never love her at least she could be near him forever...that changed quickly when the red thirst drove her mad almost instantly.

Now...she honestly doesn't care what she might lose if the Red Thirst is taken from her. Maybe she ought to be a Mortal woman, as she had never truly chosen the unlife of a vampire, nor did it offer anything of worth for her in her eyes.

Heh... I'll remember you said that.

Shocked

It's watched by both the mage and the priest... and he general consensus is that what you're doing isn't magic as they know it. It's more akin to divine blessings than sorcery but even then its not quite the same.

Basically, you're not a mage. You're... something else...

I'll explain it later to them as we have a dinner party to get to but I DO tell them that they're not far off the mark with the Divine Blessing.

So on to the party.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:05 am

Brian Boru wrote:Eh why not.  The man seems honestly curious...still a loyal Sigmarite though.

No problem. And what highlights would you like?

In general it's a friendly conversation. I do explain my bending is more akin to a priest's powers than magic... and only the avatar is master of all four elements.

No but you get the feeling your first time was a miraculous fluke with how effective it was.

I was in the Avatar state.

She's silent for a while then she tells you her story.

She had been a friend of Isabella von Carstein when she had been Drakfels.  When Vlad had come and suddenly married her almost over night, she hadn't believed it.

When she finally met Vlad for herself, well she understood why Isabella had done what she had.  For she herself had fallen head over heels for Vlad.  She had hoped that maybe Vlad might take her for a mistress, she hadn't worried about Isabella because the two had always shared everything, why should this be any different?  But eventually it became QUITE clear that Vlad had eyes and love only for Isabella.  It shattered her and she tried to kill herself.

Isabella had begged Vlad to give her the blood kiss to save her and he eventually did.

She was glad that even if Vlad would never love her at least she could be near him forever...that changed quickly when the red thirst drove her mad almost instantly.

Now...she honestly doesn't care what she might lose if the Red Thirst is taken from her.  Maybe she ought to be a Mortal woman, as she had never truly chosen the unlife of a vampire, nor did it offer anything of worth for her in her eyes.

So what does she want me to do?

If she wants me to energybend her, well...

Psyckosama carried out 1 launched of one d100 :

And if she wants to become mortal, I throw in a boon to her...

I offer to make her a bender.

I'll explain it later to them as we have a dinner party to get to but I DO tell them that they're not far off the mark with the Divine Blessing.

So on to the party.

This was after the party.

But yes, the Party.

And he wants to give you the money in a couple days. There's going to be some pageantry involved to celebrate this motherfucker's death.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:25 am

Psyckosama wrote:No problem. And what highlights would you like?

In general it's a friendly conversation. I do explain my bending is more akin to a priest's powers than magic... and only the avatar is master of all four elements.

Whatever you think would pique the interest of a cattle boss.

I was in the Avatar state.

True

So what does she want me to do?

If she wants me to energybend her, well...

And if she wants to become mortal, I throw in a boon to her...

I offer to make her a bender.

At this point she honestly want the powers of a vampire no longer. She wants be free of the maddening thirst that has hounded her for centuries now. All of those she loved are dead and gone and she never even wanted to become a vampire. If you can truly do it. Then DO IT!

And so...you do. Ungrim watches with some curiosity though he has his ax ready for anything.

You thought bending nearly 100 dwarves was hard, this....this is horrible, agonzing even...but you did it. Some way, somehow, you managed to find the...well metaphysical spike is the best way to describe the vampire curse. A spike as in it pins the soul to the living world even if it should be dead. For a moment Florina's soul looked ready to fly into the afterlife but it grounded itself an instant later.

Finally it's done. Florina staggers and drops to the ground. She places her hand over her chest. Her eyes widen in utter shock. She grabs your arm and with surprising strength places you hand at the same place. A steady beat is felt under neath there.

All is silent for a moment, then with a shout of uncontrollable joy the woman flies 20 feet into the air on a gust of wind from her feet...she starts falling soon after with a squeal.

This was after the party.

But yes, the Party.

And he wants to give you the money in a couple days. There's going to be some pageantry involved to celebrate this motherfucker's death.

Right then.

So what do we go over first? party? Finish explanation?

If finish explanation then I tell them the story of Raava and Vaatu, how she is a spirit of order, balance and good and how she does battle with he of Chaos, destruction and outright evil...the bastard would fit well with the four I think. She is why I can bend all the elements and she allows me to access all of the knowledge and powers of my predecessors. So yes, I am something of a priest of a goddess. High Priest of the Cult of Raava. Though none ever worshiped her as such, nor would she consider herself as such.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next