Giant Stompy Robots
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

4 posters

Page 4 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Master of the Elements:  You in the Warhammer World Mk. II - Page 4 Empty Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Brian Boru Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:22 pm

Rieverre wrote:"One," I placidly raise a finger. "Not a wizard. Different discipline altogether. Bit closer to a ... well, a shaman, maybe a druid. I'm effectively contracted to a powerful spirit of light and balance."

They stare you like you're crazy. You're not a woman, nor do you look incredibly aged.

"Two," I continue, "If that examination comes with a safe place to sleep, a warm meal of preferably some meat and vegetables fried on a spit over an open fire and more than moderately spicy? Lead on. In the interest of fairness? I'm as tired as I am because I had to deal with a Lord of Change on top of burying this place. Deal with me fairly and I have no reason not to respond in kind."

After which I imagine we get back on the steppe and head to wherever their elders are camped.

"Well the food may be different but if the Baba accepts you then yes to all of the above."

The bloody nosed one looks like he wants to complain still but his leader glares at him and he shuts up. No one really wants to tangle with a man who tangled with a greater demon without any real damage done to him.

Onwards you ride for miles, watching the tundra pass by.

Eventually you reach an armed camp. Maybe a good hundred individuals live in it.

Near one of the center tents a woman is working on a man's busted leg, her face is turned from you so you can't see her features but damn what bod...from what you can see under the clothing.

"Baba Nyvena! We have someone you might want to see to!" The leader calls out.

She turns and AAAAGH! Her face! You've seen Centenarians with more youthful faces than hers. She grins, AAGH HER TEETH!. "Well brother, I was wondering when you would be coming back."

BROTHER!?!?

The crone-faced woman then turns her aged eyes towards you...and they widen in shock...

"...blinding...like the like of the sun..."

Shaking her head she then says. "Bring him to my tent."

The two of you are soon sequestered from the rest of the camp. The old-young woman then seats herself and looks you over. Still seemingly agog at what she's looking at.

"Just what are you lad?"

Psyckosama wrote:I heft him into the air using his armor...

The hate burns hotter.

I smile and take off for the other side of the battle. I dump the Orc with the king and let the avatar state fade. "He's helpless now. I sealed his strength. I'd do more... but I think the slayers might try and slay me if I denied them a proper fighting role in the battle. Let this wall be baptized with orc blood and dwarven steel, as it should be."

The king stares at the helpless brute. Then to you. "Will surprises never cease with you Avatar Sama?"

He then turns his focus back to the battle. The orcs are devastated but they die hard and and not a few dwarves will never return home. But soon the slaughter is done and the sons of Grungni are victorious.

Cheers erupt from the Throng and you hear your name interspersed among the cries.

Ungrim turns to you and says. "You have done more than any Man could ever hope to do for me and my folk. I call you Dwarf-Friend and I grant you a boon. Whatever it may be, if it is within my power I will do."

Avatar State. Barely was any effort.

Heh.

He shows you the land and offers you a neat amount of coin. Not a huge amount, but fair.

"We have a deal."

He also offers to allow you to rest at his castle for as long as you see fit. He does have human kindred and his cooks are some of the best in the county.

"It would be my pleasure. Maybe a few days."

Why am I kinda liking this guy?

Lets assume I Avatar state through the rest of the clean up. In between bouts I talk with the man (as in a male individual). "I must admit...land reclamation is not what I expected you would ask of me. Certainly not complaining, but you are not what I would have expected of a vampire lord. Please excuse me if I offend."

When we reach his home later on what's it like? I'll offer to fix things up if anythings damaged. Heck I could pull up some sturdy and relatively spacious homes for his peasants if he desires free of charge. They'll have to furnish and maybe roof them but they'll be much finer than any wattle-and-daub mess they've got now. Safer and cleaner to.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Master of the Elements:  You in the Warhammer World Mk. II - Page 4 Empty Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Psyckosama Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:44 pm

Brian Boru wrote:The hate burns hotter.

"You've been beat. Deal with it."

The king stares at the helpless brute.  Then to you.  "Will surprises never cease with you Avatar Sama?"

He then turns his focus back to the battle.  The orcs are devastated but they die hard and and not a few dwarves will never return home.  But soon the slaughter is done and the sons of Grungni are victorious.

Cheers erupt from the Throng and you hear your name interspersed among the cries.

Ungrim turns to you and says.  "You have done more than any Man could ever hope to do for me and my folk.  I call you Dwarf-Friend and I grant you a boon.  Whatever it may be, if it is within my power I will do."

"I want you to join me as my companion, good king," I reply, "Allow your son to take a regency and rule in your name that you might travel by my side, do battle with armies and monsters, to seek wrongs and put them right. To bring balance to the world and earn you your Doom. What I want... is to help you free your family from the slayer oath that has haunted your kin for generations."

I smile. "And I have a gift for you as well, my friend..."

I reenter the Avatar state and bend the wall from a huge but crude stone barricade into a giant fortress-wall that will grant those who hold it command of the pass.

"We have a deal."

He nods. "Superb. Now, what is your name?"

"It would be my pleasure.  Maybe a few days."

"Then follow me and we shall enjoy night in all of its glory.

Why am I kinda liking this guy?

Because he is charming. Evil. But charming. And honorable in his own way.

Lets assume I Avatar state through the rest of the clean up.  In between bouts I talk with the man (as in a male individual).  "I must admit...land reclamation is not what I expected you would ask of me.  Certainly not complaining, but you are not what I would have expected of a vampire lord.  Please excuse me if I offend."

"What would you expect? Smite my enemies? Lay waste to the realms of man? I am a lord and I have duties as a lord. On occasion, yes, I do take my tax of blood... but unlike moral lords I need not obsess about my own morality and short sighted goals. Five generations I have ruled over these lands and I would see them thrive."

When we reach his home later on what's it like?

Kinda like this: http://www.bluebadgestyle.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/hotel-bran.jpg

[quote]I'll offer to fix things up if anythings damaged.[quote]

It's well kept.

Heck I could pull up some sturdy and relatively spacious homes for his peasants if he desires free of charge.  They'll have to furnish and maybe roof them but they'll be much finer than any wattle-and-daub mess they've got now. Safer and cleaner to.

He'd appreciate that. Though he'd like to be there when you do it...

Anyways you get there and you find a large number of people waiting to greet the master of the castle.

"This man is my guest... see that he is bathed, dressed, fed, and properly settled in."

You do kinda smell like a swamp.

Psyckosama
Admin

https://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:50 pm

Psyckosama wrote:"You've been beat. Deal with it."

You think he tried to spit at you but the muscles in his mouth are so weak he merely dribbles....this is getting pathetic.

"I want you to join me as my companion, good king," I reply, "Allow your son to take a regency and rule in your name that you might travel by my side, do battle with armies and monsters, to seek wrongs and put them right. To bring balance to the world and earn you your Doom. What I want... is to help you free your family from the slayer oath that has haunted your kin for generations."

I smile. "And I have a gift for you as well, my friend..."

I reenter the Avatar state and bend the wall from a huge but crude stone barricade into a giant fortress-wall that will grant those who hold it command of the pass.

There is dead silence. The king considers this for a long time, staring at the massive fortress you made. Rough work but strong, very strong you hear him mutter.

Then he looks to you and looks deep into your eyes.

"My son is young. Very, very young, if wise for his years. Brave, strong, he could make for a great king...my son..." And you think it is freeing his son that tempts him more than anything else. More than his own oaths, more than even the shame hanging around the Slayer King's line.

Silence rules for several minutes...then he nods. "Very well...I grant your boon."

The entire throng is utterly silent when they hear this. Even the surviving slayers. Garagrim most of all. Overwhelmed by the implications of his father accepting such an idea.

The Throng returns, to the cheering of the folk of the Hold, but the silence of the Throng stifles their joy at such an incredible victory.

The story of your boon spreads like wild fire through the entire hold. All knew that the slayer kings were trapped in a limbo of conflicting oaths, oaths as king and oaths of the slayer.

The next day Ungrim calls you to the audience hall. His kingly helm on his head. The priests of Grungni, Valaya, and the other gods are there as well.

Ungrim and the elders look at you long as hard. Then the king speaks. "I have spoken long with the priests and thought long on this. The oath of the slayer has been a burden on my bloodline for many years. Never being fulfilled due to our oaths as kings. But I have been shown a means to divulge the shame on my family and free my son and his son and descendants yet to come. I will take it. I shall be the last slayer king."

He rise and reaching for his helm lifts it from his head. Freeing the slayer crest. "I abdicate my crown, my home, and my family. I shall search for a great doom and remove the shame that lies on my family. My son, Garagrim Ungrimson, shall rule as regent until my death, where he shall become King of Karak Kadrin...and only King."

He then lays the crown-helm on the seat of throne. Removes his armor and clothing save for his pants and a heavy pair of boots.

He embraces his wife one final time, and speaks with his son in low tones before walking to you and say. "I shall be waiting in the shrine of Grimnir. When you are ready to leave. So shall I."

Then he calmly walks out of the room. All of the Dwarves watch him go, unsure what to do.

You look to his wife Alrik and his son Garagrim. Both seem overwhelmed.

He nods. "Superb. Now, what is your name?"

"Avatar Boru. The first is a title."

"Then follow me and we shall enjoy night in all of its glory.

"I guess we shall."

Because he is charming. Evil. But charming. And honorable in his own way.

Mandred on the other hands NEEDS to be dusted.

"What would you expect? Smite my enemies? Lay waste to the realms of man? I am a lord and I have duties as a lord. On occasion, yes, I do take my tax of blood... but unlike moral lords I need not obsess about my own morality and short sighted goals. Five generations I have ruled over these lands and I would see them thrive."

"To be honest I was. Though if you asked me to attack the Empire I would have been forced to fight you. And that would have been a shame. I'd be out of a hot meal, a roof over my head, and money in my pocket." I say with a chuckle.

Kinda like this: http://www.bluebadgestyle.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/hotel-bran.jpg

Sweet.

It's well kept.

Kool.

He'd appreciate that. Though he'd like to be there when you do it...

"Oh that goes without saying Lord Sava. I'd rather avoid making a mess of things if I can avoid it."

Anyways you get there and you find a large number of people waiting to greet the master of the castle.

How do they look? Miserable? Scared out of their wits? I'd assume my Earthbending can track of their emotions.

"This man is my guest... see that he is bathed, dressed, fed, and properly settled in."

You do kinda smell like a swamp.

I bow to him again, "Thank you for your hospitality. It is not every day that a man is a guest for a lord."

I guess I then go with whoever I need to and clean myself up. Though I'll help with water and bathing...in my own special way. I'll be polite and kind to the help as they do their thing.

I'll assume he'll want to show me off to his kin and examine me eventually yes? I MUST be a FASCINATING curiosity to him. And considering how long he's been kicking things like me don't come too often and are to be treasured.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:04 pm

Brian Boru wrote:They stare you like you're crazy.  You're not a woman, nor do you look incredibly aged.

Different traditions. Meh.

"Well the food may be different but if the Baba accepts you then yes to all of the above."

The bloody nosed one looks like he wants to complain still but his leader glares at him and he shuts up.  No one really wants to tangle with a man who tangled with a greater demon without any real damage done to him.

Onwards you ride for miles, watching the tundra pass by.

Eventually you reach an armed camp.  Maybe a good hundred individuals live in it.

Near one of the center tents a woman is working on a man's busted leg, her face is turned from you so you can't see her features but damn what bod...from what you can see under the clothing.

"Baba Nyvena!  We have someone you might want to see to!"  The leader calls out.

She turns and AAAAGH!  Her face!  You've seen Centenarians with more youthful faces than hers.  She grins, AAGH HER TEETH!.  "Well brother, I was wondering when you would be coming back."

BROTHER!?!?

The crone-faced woman then turns her aged eyes towards you...and they widen in shock...

"...blinding...like the like of the sun..."

Shaking her head she then says.  "Bring him to my tent."

The two of you are soon sequestered from the rest of the camp.  The old-young woman then seats herself and looks you over.  Still seemingly agog at what she's looking at.

"Just what are you lad?"

"Would you believe, an accidental traveler from another place?" I say calmly. "It's accurate enough to say that I'm one who's inherited a contract with a powerful spirit of light and nature. Because of that I may influence earth, water, air and flame and call them to my aid."

That's ... pretty much the truth.

"Traditionally ones who've held this contract have been agents of balance in the world."
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:08 pm

Brian Boru wrote:You think he tried to spit at you but the muscles in his mouth are so weak he merely dribbles....this is getting pathetic.

Well, he's not my problem anymore. He's the dwarfs.

There is dead silence.  The king considers this for a long time, staring at the massive fortress you made.  Rough work but strong, very strong you hear him mutter.

I smile.

Then he looks to you and looks deep into your eyes.

He finds friendship.

"My son is young.  Very, very young, if wise for his years.  Brave, strong, he could make for a great king...my son..."  And you think it is freeing his son that tempts him more than anything else.  More than his own oaths, more than even the shame hanging around the Slayer King's line.  

He's a good man.

Silence rules for several minutes...then he nods.  "Very well...I grant your boon."

I nod to him.

The entire throng is utterly silent when they hear this.  Even the surviving slayers.  Garagrim most of all.  Overwhelmed by the implications of his father accepting such an idea.

I let it sink in. "If I may speak, my friend?"

If he allows it. "Before your son asked me to tell him about myself, but I deflected it saying it was not the right time. The reason is because what I am would have seemed to be... difficult to believe. I am the Avatar, Master of the Elements. You've been told this, but now I will tell you what that means. How the Avatar came to be..."

I tell them that long ago, on another world... In this world humanity was only able to live in cities on the backs of great and noble creatures called lion turtles that protected man from the spirits that lived in the wilderness. And in one of these cities lived a trickster and thief with a good heart named Wan. He tricked the Lion Turtle into giving him Firebending and was banished into the spirit wilds, but his good nature and inner nobility impressed the spirits and they became as if kin.

One day though, he saw two great spirits locked in mortal combat. One had gained the advantage over the other and was about to slay it... but that spirit saw him and cried out for help. Driven by his compassion, he attacked the other spirit allowing the it to escape. It was then he discovered the enormity of his error. These spirits were Vaatu and Raava. The primal spirits of Chaos and Balance. (and yes, they can hear the Capitol on Chaos). With Vaatu freed, he'd be able to destroy the world and remake in his own dark image. For every ten thousand years there was a convergence where the portals to the spirit realm on the north and south pole were connected, and the spirit that was able to draw on this harmonic convergence would be dominate for ten thousand years.

Realizing what he'd been tricked into doing, Wan pleeded with Raava to be given a chance to make it right, and as Raava would not be able to capture Vaatu again without aid, she agreed.

So Wan traveled the world, visisting the other Lion Turtles to gain the other three elements and once he became the master of the elements, he challenged Vaatu. The world shook and was turn asunder in their battle, but while brave and powerful, he was still mortal. Raava lent him her strength and the tied turned, but it was not enough. His mortal body was not enough to hold the strength of such a powerful spirit without being consumed by the power...

In this time Raava had grown to care for him, to see him as friend. He warned him of the costs, but he refused to stop fighting. He chose death of himself over the doom of the world. Raava would not leave him, she would not let him die. Wan would not stop, he would not let the world burn. In that moment, the Harmonic Convergence began... and drawing on the power of two worlds, of heaven and Earth they chose a third option... Raava and Wan welded their spirits to one another, becoming a single being. In that moment, Wan became the first Avatar.

Using his new found power, Wan was easily able to defeat and trap Vaatu and seal him away. And then he sealed the portals to the spirit realm, proclaiming that he would serve as the bridge between worlds to preserve the balance. And so the spirits left the mortal ream. Eventually he died in his quest... Raava promised him that she'd never leave him. She would remain with him thorugh all his lives. And he his spirit was reborn in the form of the Second Avatar.

The power you saw me use was the Avatar State, where I draw upon the power of the Avatar Spirit... the knowledge and power of Raava, of Wan, and all my other previous lives.

I don't know how I came to be in this world... but I am the Avatar and no matter where I go my duty remains. I will protect the world and its people.

The Throng returns, to the cheering of the folk of the Hold, but the silence of the Throng stifles their joy at such an incredible victory.

The story of your boon spreads like wild fire through the entire hold.  All knew that the slayer kings were trapped in a limbo of conflicting oaths, oaths as king and oaths of the slayer.

I spend the night with my friends.

The next day Ungrim calls you to the audience hall.  His kingly helm on his head.  The priests of Grungni, Valaya, and the other gods are there as well.

Ungrim and the elders look at you long as hard.  Then the king speaks.  "I have spoken long with the priests and thought long on this.  The oath of the slayer has been a burden on my bloodline for many years.  Never being fulfilled due to our oaths as kings.  But I have been shown a means to divulge the shame on my family and free my son and his son and descendants yet to come.  I will take it. I shall be the last slayer king."

He rise and reaching for his helm lifts it from his head.  Freeing the slayer crest.  "I abdicate my crown, my home, and my family.  I shall search for a great doom and remove the shame that lies on my family.  My son, Garagrim Ungrimson, shall rule as regent until my death, where he shall become King of Karak Kadrin...and only King."

He then lays the crown-helm on the seat of throne.  Removes his armor and clothing save for his pants and a heavy pair of boots.

He embraces his wife one final time, and speaks with his son in low tones before walking to you and say.  "I shall be waiting in the shrine of Grimnir.  When you are ready to leave.  So shall I."

I nod then whisper. "Don't be so quick to give up your family. We will be passing through... from time to time."

Then he calmly walks out of the room.  All of the Dwarves watch him go, unsure what to do.

You look to his wife Alrik and his son Garagrim.  Both seem overwhelmed.

I look at them both. "I'm sorry to have taken him from you, but in doing so I save your family."

I go to the temple of Grungni, meditate, and enter the Avatar State as soon as I'm inside.

I need to ask a god a question. Will he allow me to grant the boon of Earthbending to any of his people?

"Avatar Boru.  The first is a title."

"Sounds like a story."

"I guess we shall."

Vampires give new meaning to the words toothy grin.

Mandred on the other hands NEEDS to be dusted.  

He can be dashing too... honestly he's like any other douchebag noblemen just with... more esoteric eating habits

"To be honest I was.  Though if you asked me to attack the Empire I would have been forced to fight you.  And that would have been a shame.  I'd be out of a hot meal, a roof over my head, and money in my pocket."  I say with a chuckle.

"If I need to battle the empire, I can put the dead to work. Not like they contribute in any other way."

"Oh that goes without saying Lord Sava.  I'd rather avoid making a mess of things if I can avoid it."

He nods. "Exactly. The peasants can be easily spooked."

How do they look?  Miserable?  Scared out of their wits?  I'd assume my Earthbending can track of their emotions.

Well fed and well dressed and many of them have a strong FAMILY resemblance and re in noble dress.

I bow to him again, "Thank you for your hospitality.  It is not every day that a man is a guest for a lord."

"It is not every day a lord meets such an interesting individual who is willing to use his powers for the... common good."

I guess I then go with whoever I need to and clean myself up.  Though I'll help with water and bathing...in my own special way.  I'll be polite and kind to the help as they do their thing.

I'll assume he'll want to show me off to his kin and examine me eventually yes?  I MUST be a FASCINATING curiosity to him.  And considering how long he's been kicking things like me don't come too often and are to be treasured.

Oh yes he does... but youhave a feeling that one of his kin jumped the gun bit...

http://www.rex-fox.com/wallpaper/alina-vacariu/alina-vacariu-29090.jpg

"My uncle says you are an interesting man with great power..."

She walks up and rubs her finger against your chest. "I'd like to see how interesting you really are..."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:40 am

Rieverre wrote:Different traditions. Meh.

Well there's also the belief in Kislev that men who wield magic will inevitably be corrupted by Chaos.

"Would you believe, an accidental traveler from another place?" I say calmly. "It's accurate enough to say that I'm one who's inherited a contract with a powerful spirit of light and nature. Because of that I may influence earth, water, air and flame and call them to my aid."

That's ... pretty much the truth.

"Traditionally ones who've held this contract have been agents of balance in the world."

She stares long as hard at you. Then she mutters something and bizarre creature appears from the flames...it takes one look at you and shrieks in abject terror before vanishing in a puff of sparks.

She blinks in stunned surprise, she did not expect that apparently.

"Well you're certainly not of the ruinous powers."

Do you ask what the hell that was?

Psyckosama wrote:Well, he's not my problem anymore. He's the dwarfs.

True.

He finds friendship.

Indeed.

I let it sink in. "If I may speak, my friend?"

If he allows it. "Before your son asked me to tell him about myself, but I deflected it saying it was not the right time. The reason is because what I am would have seemed to be... difficult to believe. I am the Avatar, Master of the Elements. You've been told this, but now I will tell you what that means. How the Avatar came to be..."

I tell them that long ago, on another world... In this world humanity was only able to live in cities on the backs of great and noble creatures called lion turtles that protected man from the spirits that lived in the wilderness. And in one of these cities lived a trickster and thief with a good heart named Wan. He tricked the Lion Turtle into giving him Firebending and was banished into the spirit wilds, but his good nature and inner nobility impressed the spirits and they became as if kin.

One day though, he saw two great spirits locked in mortal combat. One had gained the advantage over the other and was about to slay it... but that spirit saw him and cried out for help. Driven by his compassion, he attacked the other spirit allowing the it to escape. It was then he discovered the enormity of his error. These spirits were Vaatu and Raava. The primal spirits of Chaos and Balance. (and yes, they can hear the Capitol on Chaos). With Vaatu freed, he'd be able to destroy the world and remake in his own dark image. For every ten thousand years there was a convergence where the portals to the spirit realm on the north and south pole were connected, and the spirit that was able to draw on this harmonic convergence would be dominate for ten thousand years.

Realizing what he'd been tricked into doing, Wan pleeded with Raava to be given a chance to make it right, and as Raava would not be able to capture Vaatu again without aid, she agreed.

So Wan traveled the world, visisting the other Lion Turtles to gain the other three elements and once he became the master of the elements, he challenged Vaatu. The world shook and was turn asunder in their battle, but while brave and powerful, he was still mortal. Raava lent him her strength and the tied turned, but it was not enough. His mortal body was not enough to hold the strength of such a powerful spirit without being consumed by the power...

In this time Raava had grown to care for him, to see him as friend. He warned him of the costs, but he refused to stop fighting. He chose death of himself over the doom of the world. Raava would not leave him, she would not let him die. Wan would not stop, he would not let the world burn. In that moment, the Harmonic Convergence began... and drawing on the power of two worlds, of heaven and Earth they chose a third option... Raava and Wan welded their spirits to one another, becoming a single being. In that moment, Wan became the first Avatar.

Using his new found power, Wan was easily able to defeat and trap Vaatu and seal him away. And then he sealed the portals to the spirit realm, proclaiming that he would serve as the bridge between worlds to preserve the balance. And so the spirits left the mortal ream. Eventually he died in his quest... Raava promised him that she'd never leave him. She would remain with him thorugh all his lives. And he his spirit was reborn in the form of the Second Avatar.

The power you saw me use was the Avatar State, where I draw upon the power of the Avatar Spirit... the knowledge and power of Raava, of Wan, and all my other previous lives.

I don't know how I came to be in this world... but I am the Avatar and no matter where I go my duty remains. I will protect the world and its people.

The Dwarves when they hear this story are dumbstruck. It's so insane, so absurd, so outside of everything they had ever heard of, every instinct was screaming at them to dismiss what you said. And yet...they look at the charnal house you helped create....they can't deny the results.

I spend the night with my friends.

They ask how the battle went and buy you that ale. They want to know all that happened out there.

I nod then whisper. "Don't be so quick to give up your family. We will be passing through... from time to time."

"We'll mine that vein when we get there."

I look at them both. "I'm sorry to have taken him from you, but in doing so I save your family."

Both understand though Garagrim is more than a little lost while his mother merely weeps. She's lost her husband but saved her son. She's torn about this. Very torn.

I go to the temple of Grungni, meditate, and enter the Avatar State as soon as I'm inside.

I need to ask a god a question. Will he allow me to grant the boon of Earthbending to any of his people?

Well it takes a moment but soon you've projected yourself...and the place is GLOWING with energy. Apparently years of hardcore faith can make a place...potent.

Now how to contact Grungi...

Roll a d100.

"Sounds like a story."

"Oh it is."

Vampires give new meaning to the words toothy grin.

Hurk!

He can be dashing too... honestly he's like any other douchebag noblemen just with... more esoteric eating habits

He sells himself to Nagash...also he's determined to conquer the Empire...not cool.

"If I need to battle the empire, I can put the dead to work. Not like they contribute in any other way."

Cough... "I wouldn't know. I'll have to take your word on it."

He nods. "Exactly. The peasants can be easily spooked."

Because you keep them pig ignorant I think to myself.

Well fed and well dressed and many of them have a strong FAMILY resemblance and re in noble dress.

Ah his family. Never mind then.

"It is not every day a lord meets such an interesting individual who is willing to use his powers for the... common good."

"Well what can I say I am a charitable man. Though gold and a few nights of good living certainly don't hurt."

Oh yes he does... but youhave a feeling that one of his kin jumped the gun bit...

http://www.rex-fox.com/wallpaper/alina-vacariu/alina-vacariu-29090.jpg

"My uncle says you are an interesting man with great power..."

She walks up and rubs her finger against your chest. "I'd like to see how interesting you really are..."

I blink at the fine example of femininity apparently throwing herself at me...damn this is new...and I am WAY over my head.

"Not that I'm not flattered...or sorely tempted...but would not Lord Sava try to tear my head off for an indiscretion like this? I mean there's enjoying hospitality offered...this seems a bit far. Besides I don't even know your name Lady...?" I leave it hanging, hoping she give an answer.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:50 am

Brian Boru wrote:The Dwarves when they hear this story are dumbstruck.  It's so insane, so absurd, so outside of everything they had ever heard of, every instinct was screaming at them to dismiss what you said.  And yet...they look at the charnal house you helped create....they can't deny the results.

"There's a reason I wanted... but I'll swear an oath that what I just told you is the truth."

They ask how the battle went and buy you that ale.  They want to know all that happened out there.

I hold nothing back and tell them the full truth.

"We'll mine that vein when we get there."

"Aye."

Both understand though Garagrim is more than a little lost while his mother merely weeps.  She's lost her husband but saved her son.  She's torn about this.  Very torn.

I look... sorry. But it had to be done.

Well it takes a moment but soon you've projected yourself...and the place is GLOWING with energy.  Apparently years of hardcore faith can make a place...potent.

Now how to contact Grungi...

Roll a d100.

I am very polite if I do encounter him and make it clear... I want to do this as a gift for them and I have no intention of stepping on any toes.

Psyckosama carried out 1 launched of one d100 :

"Oh it is."

"You will have to tell me."

He sells himself to Nagash...also he's determined to conquer the Empire...not cool.

Nagash tends to not take no as an answer and most nobles would if they had half a chance :p

Cough...  "I wouldn't know.  I'll have to take your word on it."

And he allows you to.

Because you keep them pig ignorant I think to myself.

Like every other noble on the planet :p

Ah his family.  Never mind then.

Most. You have a feeling that many of his servants are probably illegitimate kin. He seems to look out for his own.

"Well what can I say I am a charitable man.  Though gold and a few nights of good living certainly don't hurt."

"Indeed. To Coin and good living."

I blink at the fine example of femininity apparently throwing herself at me...damn this is new...and I am WAY over my head.

"Not that I'm not flattered...or sorely tempted...but would not Lord Sava try to tear my head off for an indiscretion like this?  I mean there's enjoying hospitality offered...this seems a bit far.  Besides I don't even know your name Lady...?"  I leave it hanging, hoping she give an answer.

"Alina my lord, and my uncle surely will not mind...," She says in a lightly accented voice that sounds almost like a purr, "After all, he's long ago realized that man and women? We have all have our..." she runs a finger down your chest and leans in close to all but whisper in your ear, "Little indiscretions..."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:06 am

Psyckosama wrote:"There's a reason I wanted... but I'll swear an oath that what I just told you is the truth."

Now they're a little impressed.

I hold nothing back and tell them the full truth.

You've basically got the entire tavern listening in a cheering by the end of it.

I look... sorry. But it had to be done.

She understands. It doesn't make things easier.

[quote]I am very polite if I do encounter him and make it clear... I want to do this as a gift for them and I have no intention of stepping on any toes.

Well it takes a while but a VERY strong presence is felt emanating from the stone all around you. Then a female voice coming from what feels like the center of your being speaks. "He is here."

When you make your request the presence seems to retreat for a moment. Then it returns, excited you think.

"He accepts your offer. Make his children strong. They are already born of stone. Make them the stone's true masters.' He says."

With that the presence is gone as is Raava, it took meditating in this shrine room to access and she spoke up to act as intermediary.

"You will have to tell me."

"It's a long tale but I'll tell it when I've finished here."

Nagash tends to not take no as an answer and most nobles would if they had half a chance :p

With a horde of the undead...doesn't Necromancy ruin the local landscape or is that only chaos magic?

And he allows you to.

So gracious... Razz

Like every other noble on the planet :p

The only ones worse off are the poor fucks in Mousillon...

Most. You have a feeling that many of his servants are probably illegitimate kin. He seems to look out for his own.

...this guy...I'm kinda sorta starting to like this guy...

"Indeed. To Coin and good living."

"I can toast to that."

"Alina my lord, and my uncle surely will not mind...," She says in a lightly accented voice that sounds almost like a purr, "After all, he's long ago realized that man and women? We have all have our..." she runs a finger down your chest and leans in close to all but whisper in your ear, "Little indiscretions..."

...and I'm gone....if Sava decides to use his partriarchal right to rip my head off and shit down my neck at least I ain't dying a virgin!
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:12 am

Brian Boru wrote:Now they're a little impressed.

I leave it at that.

You've basically got the entire tavern listening in a cheering by the end of it.

"Thank you my friends."

She understands.  It doesn't make things easier.

I know. But I still lothe to cause others pain.

Well it takes a while but a VERY strong presence is felt emanating from the stone all around you.  Then a female voice coming from what feels like the center of your being speaks.  "He is here."

When you make your request the presence seems to retreat for a moment.  Then it returns, excited you think.  

"He accepts your offer.  Make his children strong.  They are already born of stone.  Make them the stone's true masters.'  He says."

With that the presence is gone as is Raava, it took meditating in this shrine room to access and she spoke up to act as intermediary.

Thank you, Raava.

I stand up and find a guard to send message to the regent. I need a public assembly of him and the Ironhunter clan as soon possible.

I then go to collect the King... and tell him there is one last thing I need to do before we leave.

Once the assembly is made... I enter and inform the king that I have been given permission by the gods. He, the Ironbreakers, and his father if he will accept it... I will make them Earthbenders.

The time of the slayer kings is at an end. Now begins the age of the Bender-Kings...

With the Ironhunters, the first Bender Clan, as my repayment for their friendship and accpetence.

If they accept it, I publically grant each of them Earth bending, starting with Garagrim who I encourage to experiment with one of the Earthbending techniques he's already learned.

"It's a long tale but I'll tell it when I've finished here."

Polite nod.

With a horde of the undead...doesn't Necromancy ruin the local landscape or is that only chaos magic?

Necromancy is Dhar... Dark Magic but its not Chaos magic.

So gracious... Razz

He'd like to believe so.

The only ones worse off are the poor fucks in Mousillon...

You mean "All of Britannia" right?

...this guy...I'm kinda sorta starting to like this guy...

Heh

"I can toast to that."

He has wine poured. And drinks it. Seems he still enjoys the fine things in life.

...and I'm gone....if Sava decides to use his partriarchal right to rip my head off and shit down my neck at least I ain't dying a virgin!
[/quote]

In the morning his more amused than anything when your fetched for breakfast. "I see you had a pleasing evening... enjoy the day, for once night falls we will enter the first village and begin our work. Yes?"

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:21 am

Brian Boru wrote:Well there's also the belief in Kislev that men who wield magic will inevitably be corrupted by Chaos.

... well, that would be one reason why everyone's so uneasy, I suppose.

She stares long as hard at you. Then she mutters something and bizarre creature appears from the flames...it takes one look at you and shrieks in abject terror before vanishing in a puff of sparks.

She blinks in stunned surprise, she did not expect that apparently.

"Well you're certainly not of the ruinous powers."

Do you ask what the hell that was?

Imp of some kind I suppose, or some kind of really minor daemon.

"I don't know if that was really conclusive, should I go find and kill another Lord of Change just so you can make sure?" I grumble, albeit good-naturedly.

Anyway ...

"Now that that's cleared up, I was told there would be food?"

Let's just focus on the simple things for now.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:22 am

Psyckosama wrote:I leave it at that.

They'll take it.

"Thank you my friends."

You got another beer for ya.

I know. But I still lothe to cause others pain.

Your concern is appreciated.

Thank you, Raava.

A hint of something saying you're welcome is felt before it fades.

I stand up and find a guard to send message to the regent. I need a public assembly of him and the Ironhunter clan as soon possible.

"Right away."

I then go to collect the King... and tell him there is one last thing I need to do before we leave.

He is standing in the shrine at the moment when you find him. He seems a bit overwhelmed, like he never thought this chance would actually come.

Once the assembly is made... I enter and inform the king that I have been given permission by the gods. He, the Ironbreakers, and his father if he will accept it... I will make them Earthbenders.

The time of the slayer kings is at an end. Now begins the age of the Bender-Kings...

With the Ironhunters, the first Bender Clan, as my repayment for their friendship and accpetence.

If they accept it, I publically grant each of them Earth bending, starting with Garagrim who I encourage to experiment with one of the Earthbending techniques he's already learned.

"You can do that?" Is the general question, once the answer of yes is confirmed, Garagrim, and all of the Ironhunters accept....all 70 of them.

Ungrim turns it down. He'd never find something able to kill him with power like that.

What follows is a long process, incredible each and every one. But you feel like a wrung out sponge by the end of it. You also have 71 brand-new Dwarven earthbenders. Fighting off the desire to find a corner and just hibernate for a year...or die...you see that Garagrim seems to have been paying attention as he managed to bend a head sized piece of stone right off the bat.

You might be made an honorary ancestor of the Ironhunters and Karak Kadrin at this rate.

Polite nod.

Good.

Necromancy is Dhar... Dark Magic but its not Chaos magic.

And Dhar is not good in the slightest but we digress.

He'd like to believe so.

Pompous but when you've got the skills to back it up...

You mean "All of Britannia" right?

I heard Courroune ain't so bad.

He has wine poured. And drinks it. Seems he still enjoys the fine things in life.

Huh, wonder if he can taste something other than blood. Guess so otherwise that's a bit of pageantry to the point of silliness.

In the morning his more amused than anything when your fetched for breakfast. "I see you had a pleasing evening... enjoy the day, for once night falls we will enter the first village and begin our work. Yes?"

"I have your Lordship. It was an...entertaining evening. And yes this should be relatively easy. A few minutes of work and you should be able to brag the most well housed peasants in all of Sylvania at least. Certainly an improvement over dung, mud and straw, at least it smells better if nothing else."

If he's still awake or whatever I offer to tell him what I am.

Where I come from the peoples are divided into 4 nations.

The Earth Kingdom
The Water Tribe
The Fire Nation
The Air Nomads

In each of these nations there are a fair sized part of the population (in the Air Nomads all of them) who can manipulate the element related to their name. I describe their powers. Some can do even more. Some Earthbenders can bend metals or even lava. Fire benders can produce or even redirect lightning. And the Water bender (under the power of a full moon) can even bend the blood in an individual's body and control them like a puppet on a string.

There are some theories that the ability to bend is inherited while what one bends is a combination of cultural upbringing and personality...though considering how I've never heard of a water bender coming out of the fire nation or an Earth Bender from the Air nomads, maybe it's a bit more complex.

Then there is the Avatar, the only bender in all the world able to bend all the elements and magnitudes more powerful than in any single element than even the greatest benders. They arise every generation and when the old one dies a new one is born in a cycle of the four nations. Water, Earth, Fire and Air.

The Avatar acts as a police for and international mediator, as well as the most powerful spiritualist in all the known world acting as a guardian for the realm of men...or at least that's what I'm supposed to be. This isn't my world, my world only has one moon. I know that for a fact. And I have a feeling that home is not going to be possible for a long, long, time. So I might as well make the most of what I've been dealt with and live my life as best I can.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:52 pm

Brian Boru wrote:You got another beer for ya.

I enjoy their company.

A hint of something saying you're welcome is felt before it fades.

We should talk some time... I'd like to get to know you as something other than the Avatar Spirit.

"Right away."

Nod.

He is standing in the shrine at the moment when you find him.  He seems a bit overwhelmed, like he never thought this chance would actually come.

"Would you like someone to talk to?"

"You can do that?"  Is the general question, once the answer of yes is confirmed, Garagrim, and all of the Ironhunters accept....all 70 of them.

Okay, but I will need them to promises me something in exchange.

Basically that they use this power for good. Not simply selfish gain. It's a gift to them, but also a gift to the world. They need to act wisely and use it for the good of not just dwarfs, but all right thinking peoples... even the bloody elves. It's a power granted to create and to protect, not conquer and destroy.

You know, basically they swear to use it wisely and not abuse it. It's open enough and I'm clear... the wording is not important. I want no dwarf to be trapped by it, just understand and accept the the spirit and I am satisfied. Why I even throw a built in "penance cause" into it. Basically they're agreeing to a set of ethical principles that are a foundation of judicious use.

Also they agree to help train and educate future Avatars and if for some reason a Dwarf Avatar should ever be born to ensure that he understands his duty.

You know, basically all very reasonable stuff.

Ungrim turns it down.  He'd never find something able to kill him with power like that.

"Always a bigger fish," I chuckle. "All it would be doing is making it so you have to find something all that more impressive. And I'm planning on some wild stuff!"

What follows is a long process, incredible each and every one.  But you feel like a wrung out sponge by the end of it.  You also have 71 brand-new Dwarven earthbenders.  Fighting off the desire to find a corner and just hibernate for a year...or die...you see that Garagrim seems to have been paying attention as he managed to bend a head sized piece of stone right off the bat.

"I'm... going to need some rest." I admit after. "Spend the night with your family... please. For me... I need a warm bed, a bowl of stew, and a pint of beer..."

Now that we're out of public eye I probably look like a deflated balloon.

You might be made an honorary ancestor of the Ironhunters and Karak Kadrin at this rate.

Nice.

Anyways I promises to send scrolls with techniques and ask the Garagrim to teach the basics to his follow benders. I'll be back eventually to give more training as well, but for now I feel its time to travel. Just remember what I taught and build on it. I look forward to seeing what they're capable of.

When I return I'll also show the best among you the basics of Metal Bending, which is an advanced art.

And Dhar is not good in the slightest but we digress.

It's... dangerous is what it is.

Pompous but when you've got the skills to back it up...

Yep.

I heard Courroune ain't so bad.  

Kinda like how Small Pox isn't so bad when you compare it to Ebola.

Huh, wonder if he can taste something other than blood.  Guess so otherwise that's a bit of pageantry to the point of silliness.

He seemingly can.

"I have your Lordship. It was an...entertaining evening.  And yes this should be relatively easy.  A few minutes of work and you should be able to brag the most well housed peasants in all of Sylvania at least.  Certainly an improvement over dung, mud and straw, at least it smells better if nothing else."

"Indeed. In time you might find yourself given offers by all of my kindred. This blighted land could do with some development for sure."

If he's still awake or whatever I offer to tell him what I am.  

Where I come from the peoples are divided into 4 nations.

The Earth Kingdom
The Water Tribe
The Fire Nation
The Air Nomads

In each of these nations there are a fair sized part of the population (in the Air Nomads all of them) who can manipulate the element related to their name.  I describe their powers.  Some can do even more. Some Earthbenders can bend metals or even lava.  Fire benders can produce or even redirect lightning.  And the Water bender (under the power of a full moon) can even bend the blood in an individual's body and control them like a puppet on a string.

He seems interested in all of it but the mention of bloodbending has his his eyes light up like someone flicked a switch. THAT has him interested and he wants to know more.

There are some theories that the ability to bend is inherited while what one bends is a combination of cultural upbringing and personality...though considering how I've never heard of a water bender coming out of the fire nation or an Earth Bender from the Air nomads, maybe it's a bit more complex.

Then there is the Avatar, the only bender in all the world able to bend all the elements and magnitudes more powerful than in any single element than even the greatest benders.  They arise every generation and when the old one dies a new one is born in a cycle of the four nations.  Water, Earth, Fire and Air.

The Avatar acts as a police for and international mediator, as well as the most powerful spiritualist in all the known world acting as a guardian for the realm of men...or at least that's what I'm supposed to be.  This isn't my world, my world only has one moon.  I know that for a fact.  And I have a feeling that home is not going to be possible for a long, long, time.  So I might as well make the most of what I've been dealt with and live my life as best I can.

Now he's interested and asks you outright... how powerful are you really that they would place the weight of the world on your shoulders? Is it tradition or something more?

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:34 am

Rieverre wrote:... well, that would be one reason why everyone's so uneasy, I suppose.

A power play by the Ice Witches of Kislev. Gospodars really and these are Ungols so MAYBE they might be less willing to act on that.

Imp of some kind I suppose, or some kind of really minor daemon.

She keeps around as a sort of detector of nastier stuff.

"I don't know if that was really conclusive, should I go find and kill another Lord of Change just so you can make sure?" I grumble, albeit good-naturedly.

"Did what now?"

Anyway ...

"Now that that's cleared up, I was told there would be food?"

Let's just focus on the simple things for now.

She stares you down for a long while, before finally nodding and exiting the tent, telling you to follow her. Once the two of you are outside she says that there's nothing dangerous about you and to treat you well.

With that you're given a spot by a fire, a cut of venison, and a mug of something that kicks like a goddam MULE!

"So what is your story stranger?"

Psyckosama wrote:I enjoy their company.

Good.

We should talk some time... I'd like to get to know you as something other than the Avatar Spirit.

Maybe...

"Would you like someone to talk to?"

He'd...honestly he'd appreciate it. He mentions how he'd never expected the chance to truly finish this, to end this shame hanging around his line's neck like an anvil. He should be somber facing his doom, but instead he's almost excited. Finally he'll be free, his ancestors will be free, and his son will be free. It's liberating.

Okay, but I will need them to promises me something in exchange.

Basically that they use this power for good. Not simply selfish gain. It's a gift to them, but also a gift to the world. They need to act wisely and use it for the good of not just dwarfs, but all right thinking peoples... even the bloody elves. It's a power granted to create and to protect, not conquer and destroy.

You know, basically they swear to use it wisely and not abuse it. It's open enough and I'm clear... the wording is not important. I want no dwarf to be trapped by it, just understand and accept the the spirit and I am satisfied. Why I even throw a built in "penance cause" into it. Basically they're agreeing to a set of ethical principles that are a foundation of judicious use.

Also they agree to help train and educate future Avatars and if for some reason a Dwarf Avatar should ever be born to ensure that he understands his duty.

You know, basically all very reasonable stuff.

Considering all you've done and the potential this could have, they'll make sure to set a code of ethics for this power. Like any other potentially dangerous venture.

"Always a bigger fish," I chuckle. "All it would be doing is making it so you have to find something all that more impressive. And I'm planning on some wild stuff!"

Tempting but he'd rather depend on a blade he's used a hundred years over something he's only used for months at most.

"I'm... going to need some rest." I admit after. "Spend the night with your family... please. For me... I need a warm bed, a bowl of stew, and a pint of beer..."

Now that we're out of public eye I probably look like a deflated balloon.

He'll do it. He's a pure slayer now, the laws of their people don't have as strong a hold over him anymore.

"Get some sleep. You look like I did when my wife was delivering my son." He laughs at that. He's never laughed before.

Nice.

Anyways I promises to send scrolls with techniques and ask the Garagrim to teach the basics to his follow benders. I'll be back eventually to give more training as well, but for now I feel its time to travel. Just remember what I taught and build on it. I look forward to seeing what they're capable of.

Very well.

When I return I'll also show the best among you the basics of Metal Bending, which is an advanced art.

He'll look forward to it.

Well you sleep for about three days once you collapse when you come to Ungrim has said his final good-byes and is ready to go. "I'll let you make the first choice in where to go. Just make it deadly."

It's... dangerous is what it is.

Heh

Kinda like how Small Pox isn't so bad when you compare it to Ebola.

You can survive Small Pox. Ebola just leaves everyone dead with blood coming out of places it shouldn't.

He seemingly can.

Heh.

"Indeed. In time you might find yourself given offers by all of my kindred. This blighted land could do with some development for sure."

"Indeed." I try to hide the consternation of doing that. Well eventually the blood suckers need to go, and if making this place less of a wasteland makes the new lords more happy with ruling than maybe everything won't go to shit...I hope. Either way WARPSTONE NEEDS TO GO!

He seems interested in all of it but the mention of bloodbending has his his eyes light up like someone flicked a switch. THAT has him interested and he wants to know more.

Whelp I stepped into it. "I can't bloodbend myself but I know the theory behind it. It's basically the logical next step to something called plant bending. Where one bends the water in plants to move them about. It works best with something with a lot of water in it or has plenty of give to it." If there a piece of celery I'll make it wiggle a bit to show him.

"As I was saying. Living things have plenty of water in them, it's what keeps them alive. Blood itself is mostly water its the things in said water that gives it its red color. Using that blood as a focus bloodbenders can manipulate the water in living things to move as they will. However unlike plants animals and sapient beings have minds with which to resist such interference in their bodies and so it's much harder to bloodbend than it is to waterbend or even plant bend. Because they fight it makes things...janky and jerky when they move. They fight it resist it. And it can be incredibly painful for the victim. Though once you have control of the blood, you can basically shatter a man with his own body movements. Or even throw them around if you're good enough.

However it has to be done under a full moon for most to be able to do it, like the tides under the moon a waterbender's strength can wax and wane with the phases of the moon, becoming much stronger under a full moon. It's also extremely illegal and few learn it. I HAVE heard stories about a family, a father and two sons who could bloodbend without the full moon. They could even bloodbend without even moving their bodies, just glare at their target and hey PRESTO! A puppet on a string. One of my predecessors dealt with them rather harshly, though it WAS a close fight."

Now he's interested and asks you outright... how powerful are you really that they would place the weight of the world on your shoulders? Is it tradition or something more?

"Extremely so. One of my predecessors tore a large chunk of a peninsula from a continent and moved it a few hundred miles out to sea. Others have caused multiple volcanic eruptions eruptions, storms, tidal waves and other incredible acts of power. There is also a tradition to it. The Avatar has acted as a sort of balancer in the world righting wrongs, being a mediator in conflicts, smacking down wars and dealing with incursions of the supernatural when they happen though thankfully that's rather rare and we've done so for 10,000 years."
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:17 am

Brian Boru wrote:He'd...honestly he'd appreciate it.  He mentions how he'd never expected the chance to truly finish this, to end this shame hanging around his line's neck like an anvil.  He should be somber facing his doom, but instead he's almost excited.  Finally he'll be free, his ancestors will be free, and his son will be free.  It's liberating.

I can understand. While I haven't experienced it I can imagine what it would be like. He had a shame hanging over him that always seemed out of reach. A problem he couldn't fix no matter how he tried. It was an infuriating, stifling shadow that hung over every action he took. One he's lived with for several human lifetimes. To finally be able to confront that problem, even if it meant his own death, I can only imagine how much weight must already be off his shoulders.

I'm happy for him. And I'm glad I had this opportunity to help him. I do warn him though, he's not going to die easy when I'm around... but I'm also not going to be going for little challenges. What I ask him is not to rush to his doom. His doom will come in time, but in the meantime enjoy every moment as if it were last. From here on out, treasure every moment.. and when you die, go to your ancestors and tell them of your adventures, the wonders you saw, and the glorious death you earned.

Considering all you've done and the potential this could have, they'll make sure to set a code of ethics for this power.  Like any other potentially dangerous venture.

Good. I just don't want to see them using Earthbending to fix every single little grudge real and imagined... save it for the big stuff. Razz

Tempting but he'd rather depend on a blade he's used a hundred years over something he's only used for months at most.

Fair enough. Was just offering him an additional weapon.

He'll do it.  He's a pure slayer now, the laws of their people don't have as strong a hold over him anymore.

"Get some sleep.  You look like I did when my wife was delivering my son."  He laughs at that.  He's never laughed before.

I chuckle then pretty much drink a bowl of soup down like a starving man, chug some beer, and pretty much slip into a coma...

Well you sleep for about three days once you collapse when you come to Ungrim has said his final good-byes and is ready to go.  "I'll let you make the first choice in where to go. Just make it deadly."

"First stop, not so deadly. Second stop, return trip. Third stop? Absolute insanity."

When he questions.

"My instincts as Avatar tell me that I'm going to need to found a new power base here from which to operate. My duty is to protect the balance but this world is so beset with Chaos that I need help. This isn't a one lifetime job. My intention is going to be to unite the Borderlands and pretty much forge a nation out of it that I can use a foundation. Give the people the bending arts, structure a government, and generally lay a groundwork so if I die I will be able to reincarnate successfully. And to do that I'll need a monstrous amount of money. So we're going to clear out Karak Drazh. First stop is Karak Azul. Touch base with Kazador, find out what intelligence he has on Gorfang Troll-Eater, and see if we can find anyone who knows the original layout. Then we come back here. I'm sure between both holds we can find a goodly number of clans that are descended exiled suvivors who'd be willing to fight to reclaim her... plus we'll recruit a force of slayers. Then I tunnel us in. We attack them from behind and between the suicidal courage of couple thousand death seeking dwarfs and my power we'll be able to save his family, clear out the tunnels, and open it for recolonization by your people. Eveyone wins. Except the Orcs."

You can survive Small Pox.  Ebola just leaves everyone dead with blood coming out of places it shouldn't.

Tell that to the 50-100 million dead native americans...

"Indeed."  I try to hide the consternation of doing that.  Well eventually the blood suckers need to go, and if making this place less of a wasteland makes the new lords more happy with ruling than maybe everything won't go to shit...I hope.  Either way WARPSTONE NEEDS TO GO!

Heh.

Whelp I stepped into it.  "I can't bloodbend myself but I know the theory behind it.  It's basically the logical next step to something called plant bending.  Where one bends the water in plants to move them about.  It works best with something with a lot of water in it or has plenty of give to it."  If there a piece of celery I'll make it wiggle a bit to show him.

"As I was saying.  Living things have plenty of water in them, it's what keeps them alive.  Blood itself is mostly water its the things in said water that gives it its red color.  Using that blood as a focus bloodbenders can manipulate the water in living things to move as they will.  However unlike plants animals and sapient beings have minds with which to resist such interference in their bodies and so it's much harder to bloodbend than it is to waterbend or even plant bend.  Because they fight it makes things...janky and jerky when they move.  They fight it resist it.  And it can be incredibly painful for the victim.  Though once you have control of the blood, you can basically shatter a man with his own body movements. Or even throw them around if you're good enough.

However it has to be done under a full moon for most to be able to do it, like the tides under the moon a waterbender's strength can wax and wane with the phases of the moon, becoming much stronger under a full moon.  It's also extremely illegal and few learn it.  I HAVE heard stories about a family, a father and two sons who could bloodbend without the full moon.  They could even bloodbend without even moving their bodies, just glare at their target and hey PRESTO!  A puppet on a string.  One of my predecessors dealt with them rather harshly, though it WAS a close fight."

He looks...quietly fascinated. "Can it change the nature of blood?"

"Extremely so.  One of my predecessors tore a large chunk of a peninsula from a continent and moved it a few hundred miles out to sea.  Others have caused multiple volcanic eruptions eruptions, storms, tidal waves and other incredible acts of power.  There is also a tradition to it.  The Avatar has acted as a sort of balancer in the world righting wrongs, being a mediator in conflicts, smacking down wars and dealing with incursions of the supernatural when they happen though thankfully that's rather rare and we've done so for 10,000 years."

He frowns and looks thoughtful. "Please excuse me if I have my doubts. I have no doubt that you are indeed powerful, but I must remain skeptical as history has a way of..." he pauses for a moment, "Embellishing events."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:18 am

Psyckosama wrote:I can understand. While I haven't experienced it I can imagine what it would be like. He had a shame hanging over him that always seemed out of reach. A problem he couldn't fix no matter how he tried. It was an infuriating, stifling shadow that hung over every action he took. One he's lived with for several human lifetimes. To finally be able to confront that problem, even if it meant his own death, I can only imagine how much weight must already be off his shoulders.

I'm happy for him. And I'm glad I had this opportunity to help him. I do warn him though, he's not going to die easy when I'm around... but I'm also not going to be going for little challenges. What I ask him is not to rush to his doom. His doom will come in time, but in the meantime enjoy every moment as if it were last. From here on out, treasure every moment.. and when you die, go to your ancestors and tell them of your adventures, the wonders you saw, and the glorious death you earned.

He says that he plans to go out like a damn volcano blowing out. And thanks you again for opening this out for him.

Good. I just don't want to see them using Earthbending to fix every single little grudge real and imagined... save it for the big stuff. Razz

71 earthbenders? Yeah they'll go for the bigger stuff first. Not that the threat of ROCKS wouldn't get the more gold-based grudges to move along.

Fair enough. Was just offering him an additional weapon.

Appreciated but declined.

I chuckle then pretty much drink a bowl of soup down like a starving man, chug some beer, and pretty much slip into a coma...

Loverly dreams.

"First stop, not so deadly. Second stop, return trip. Third stop? Absolute insanity."

When he questions.

"My instincts as Avatar tell me that I'm going to need to found a new power base here from which to operate. My duty is to protect the balance but this world is so beset with Chaos that I need help. This isn't a one lifetime job. My intention is going to be to unite the Borderlands and pretty much forge a nation out of it that I can use a foundation. Give the people the bending arts, structure a government, and generally lay a groundwork so if I die I will be able to reincarnate successfully. And to do that I'll need a monstrous amount of money. So we're going to clear out Karak Drazh. First stop is Karak Azul. Touch base with Kazador, find out what intelligence he has on Gorfang Troll-Eater, and see if we can find anyone who knows the original layout. Then we come back here. I'm sure between both holds we can find a goodly number of clans that are descended exiled suvivors who'd be willing to fight to reclaim her... plus we'll recruit a force of slayers. Then I tunnel us in. We attack them from behind and between the suicidal courage of couple thousand death seeking dwarfs and my power we'll be able to save his family, clear out the tunnels, and open it for recolonization by your people. Eveyone wins. Except the Orcs."

He stares at you for a moment. "Well you certainly don't think small lad now do you?"

He's all for it.

Now how to get to Kazador. Karak Azul is DAMN far south from Karak Kadrin. Now the quickest route would be to go through Sylvania...with all those vampires and Necromancers...

Tell that to the 50-100 million dead native americans...

Touche.

He looks...quietly fascinated. "Can it change the nature of blood?"

"Change the nature? I'm not sure what you mean. As far as I know it just allows someone to forcefully control another's body. Though I guess you could try freezing a victim's blood in their veins, they'd never recover from that. But no one's ever tried, too sick a technique, or too difficult."

He frowns and looks thoughtful. "Please excuse me if I have my doubts. I have no doubt that you are indeed powerful, but I must remain skeptical as history has a way of..." he pauses for a moment, "Embellishing events."

I grin. "A large enough fight and I can really show you what I am capable of, though the property damage will be horrific." It is the nastiest most feral grin I can muster.

"Anything else or shall we retire until construction commences tonight?"
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:58 am

Brian Boru wrote:She keeps around as a sort of detector of nastier stuff.

Makes sense.

"Did what now?"

"They called it up, I put it down."

She stares you down for a long while, before finally nodding and exiting the tent, telling you to follow her.  Once the two of you are outside she says that there's nothing dangerous about you and to treat you well.

With that you're given a spot by a fire, a cut of venison, and a mug of something that kicks like a goddam MULE!

"So what is your story stranger?"

Food!

Oh, right, and conversation.

"Not much of one. Showed up, ran into some chaos mages, dropped an avalanche on them. You know, the kind of thing that makes you feel kind of out of it after."

... yeah, the booze does kick more than a bit ... hmm ... I'll probably be Waterbending the aftereffects away in the morning.

Well, anyway, I'll ask them what's been going on recently. Granted, they likely don't get much news that's not local, but local is enough for my purposes now. If only to make the call whether or not to stick around or to head off.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:21 am

Brian Boru wrote:He says that he plans to go out like a damn volcano blowing out.  And thanks you again for opening this out for him.

"When you die, I'll set one off in your honor."

71 earthbenders?  Yeah they'll go for the bigger stuff first.  Not that the threat of ROCKS wouldn't get the more gold-based grudges to move along.

Heh.

Appreciated but declined.

Understood.

Loverly dreams.

Too tired to dream.

He stares at you for a moment.  "Well you certainly don't think small lad now do you?"

"Can't afford to."

He's all for it.

Knew he would be.

Now how to get to Kazador.  Karak Azul is DAMN far south from Karak Kadrin.  Now the quickest route would be to go through Sylvania...with all those vampires and Necromancers...

"Didn't take distance into account...." I grin like a lunatic. "The Avatar has some tricks to allow for extremely fast travel but a return trip might not be in the cards."

I think for a moment. "You think you could get an army of slayers marching south to meet us after we've talked to Kazador?"

"Change the nature?  I'm not sure what you mean.  As far as I know it just allows someone to forcefully control another's body.  Though I guess you could try freezing a victim's blood in their veins, they'd never recover from that.  But no one's ever tried, too sick a technique, or too difficult."

"I was talking on a more metaphysical level. Believe it or not, my kind see our blood thirst as a curse. I would be free of it if I could. And if your power could grant me that freedom..." he grins. Toothy again, "There are few vampires who would not owe you the greatest debt."

[quote]I grin.  "A large enough fight and I can really show you what I am capable of, though the property damage will be horrific."  It is the nastiest most feral grin I can muster.[quote]

"We shall see."

"Anything else or shall we retire until construction commences tonight?"

He has you brought a horse and rides to the closest village. The villages look somewhat terrfied... then he explains what is to be done and they simply look confused.

"Boru, if you would be so kind?"

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:11 am

Rieverre wrote:"They called it up, I put it down."

"By yourself?"

Food!

Oh, right, and conversation.

"Not much of one. Showed up, ran into some chaos mages, dropped an avalanche on them. You know, the kind of thing that makes you feel kind of out of it after."

"Dropped an avalanche on them?  The ground looked like...like...Drago didn't you see those canons being tested at the capital?"

"Yes.  Just like that."

"Just how did you DO all that."

... yeah, the booze does kick more than a bit ... hmm ... I'll probably be Waterbending the aftereffects away in the morning.

Heh

Well, anyway, I'll ask them what's been going on recently. Granted, they likely don't get much news that's not local, but local is enough for my purposes now. If only to make the call whether or not to stick around or to head off.

Well there's been some grim talk that the northern tribes are moving, both Kurgan and Norse.  And even worse talk about a possible everchosen though they all pray it isn't true.

Psyckosama wrote:"When you die, I'll set one off in your honor."

He blinks.

"Can't afford to."

He raises a brow at that.

"Didn't take distance into account...." I grin like a lunatic. "The Avatar has some tricks to allow for extremely fast travel but a return trip might not be in the cards."

I think for a moment. "You think you could get an army of slayers marching south to meet us after we've talked to Kazador?"

He grins.  "I was just called the slayer king because I was a king along with being a slayer.  They respect me, and they know if I'm seeking my doom then they'll likely find it there as well."

So want to kick up the hornet's nest that is Sylvania?

"I was talking on a more metaphysical level. Believe it or not, my kind see our blood thirst as a curse. I would be free of it if I could. And if your power could grant me that freedom..." he grins. Toothy again, "There are few vampires who would not owe you the greatest debt."

I raise an eyebrow at that, would have figured that he'd enjoy the powertrip of blood sucking.

"Oh...hmm...well, THAT would be something else entirely different.  There's an ancient and I do mean ANCIENT tradition called Energy bending or spirit bending that MIGHT and I do mean MIGHT do something but I've never attempted it and it's absurdly dangerous to both user and target.  I wouldn't even know what to look for...."

I look him over. "Well maybe I could a basis.  Waterbending is also a healing skill and can even tell when something more...metaphysical is being pushed onto someone.  I couldn't do anything about the thirst but if you let me examine you via waterbending I might be able to find a starting point.  But ask me this.  Would you be a good and proper lord still if you didn't need the blood of the mortal folk?  And if you will can you vouch for every Vampire Lord and Lady?  I'm sorry if I offend but I feel I must ask."

"We shall see."

Indeed.

He has you brought a horse and rides to the closest village. The villages look somewhat terrfied... then he explains what is to be done and they simply look confused.

"Boru, if you would be so kind?"

"As you will."

I examine the houses first to get how they're laid out first then I tell them to remove anything valuable in their homes.  Then I get to work.

I make two story structures, all one single piece of stone.  Spacious relatively speaking with two rooms to each floor and a stair case to the upper floor.  I make sure that a fire place is place in the center with a stone chimney going up the middle of both floors acting as a sort of heater for the entire building.  The roof I make sure is properly slanted so that rain flows off. Heck I'll make gutters if I can with a water spout and rain trough to catch said rain water.

"Tell what you think? I'm not an architect.  If that doesn't work I can rework it."
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:07 am

Brian Boru wrote:
He blinks.

"I'm seriously. I'll find a nice spot, and create a firey mountain to name after you. Maybe create an island or something... One of the previous Avatars lived on a peninsula. After an attempted invasion of her home, she pretty much said fuck you to the rest of the Earth Kingdom and broke it off from the continent, and basically moved it about 250 miles out to sea using the Avatar state. So yes, I could do it."

He raises a brow at that.

"Something is suturing in the north. The world must be ready."

He grins.  "I was just called the slayer king because I was a king along with being a slayer.  They respect me, and they know if I'm seeking my doom then they'll likely find it there as well."

"So, telling them we plan to liberate a hold with all the bloody tunnel fighting that involves would catch their eye. A chance to drowned thmeselves in a torrent of Orcish blood for the good of the Dawi."

So want to kick up the hornet's nest that is Sylvania?

Maybe later. Orcs first.

I raise an eyebrow at that, would have figured that he'd enjoy the powertrip of blood sucking.

"Oh...hmm...well, THAT would be something else entirely different.  There's an ancient and I do mean ANCIENT tradition called Energy bending or spirit bending that MIGHT and I do mean MIGHT do something but I've never attempted it and it's absurdly dangerous to both user and target.  I wouldn't even know what to look for...."

I look him over. "Well maybe I could a basis.  Waterbending is also a healing skill and can even tell when something more...metaphysical is being pushed onto someone.  I couldn't do anything about the thirst but if you let me examine you via waterbending I might be able to find a starting point.  But ask me this.  Would you be a good and proper lord still if you didn't need the blood of the mortal folk?  And if you will can you vouch for every Vampire Lord and Lady?  I'm sorry if I offend but I feel I must ask."

"Can you vouch for every mortal? No, no I cannot. I find it... annoying to be forced to feed on my people. I would rather than adoration than fear. To be their immortal protector, not the monster in the castle on the hill."

"As you will."

I examine the houses first to get how they're laid out first then I tell them to remove anything valuable in their homes.  Then I get to work.

I make two story structures, all one single piece of stone.  Spacious relatively speaking with two rooms to each floor and a stair case to the upper floor.  I make sure that a fire place is place in the center with a stone chimney going up the middle of both floors acting as a sort of heater for the entire building.  The roof I make sure is properly slanted so that rain flows off. Heck I'll make gutters if I can with a water spout and rain trough to catch said rain water.

"Tell what you think? I'm not an architect.  If that doesn't work I can rework it."

"It will do," he replies, "It is surely an improvement from their previous conditions."

He looks on. "Behold your new homes. Forged in powerful magics to be cleaner, warmer, and more comfortable than the old."

They start to investigate and he moves on...

You spend most of the night doing this. He owns several villages.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:00 am

Brian Boru wrote:"By yourself?"

"From what I've said you should know that I'm never just by myself."

"Dropped an avalanche on them?  The ground looked like...like...Drago didn't you see those canons being tested at the capital?"

"Yes.  Just like that."

"Just how did you DO all that."

"Back where I come from there are those who have mastered the manipulation of elements through spiritual and martial discipline. They can direct air, water, earth or fire to do their bidding. And there's one who inherits a contract with a powerful spirit of light who can manipulate all four," I say. "That's be me."

I breathe a small stream of fire out at the meat I'm eating to give it a bit more char.

Well there's been some grim talk that the northern tribes are moving, both Kurgan and Norse.  And even worse talk about a possible everchosen though they all pray it isn't true.

Oh great. Neither of those is a good thing. I don't suppose anything is being done to counter that mess, or is everyone still squabbling with one-another as per usual?
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:38 pm

Psyckosama wrote:"I'm seriously. I'll find a nice spot, and create a firey mountain to name after you. Maybe create an island or something... One of the previous Avatars lived on a peninsula. After an attempted invasion of her home, she pretty much said fuck you to the rest of the Earth Kingdom and broke it off from the continent, and basically moved it about 250 miles out to sea using the Avatar state. So yes, I could do it."

"...damn..."

"Something is suturing in the north. The world must be ready."

"And I intend to face it if I can."

"So, telling them we plan to liberate a hold with all the bloody tunnel fighting that involves would catch their eye. A chance to drowned thmeselves in a torrent of Orcish blood for the good of the Dawi."

"And they'll come in swarms."

Maybe later. Orcs first.

I mean you're kinda going to have to go through them to get to either Kazador or the Badlands.

"Can you vouch for every mortal? No, no I cannot. I find it... annoying to be forced to feed on my people. I would rather than adoration than fear. To be their immortal protector, not the monster in the castle on the hill."

"If you're sincere...then I will make the attempt...for you as an individual.  This would be an extremely tough and dangerous process, and I'd have to...for a lack of a better term, examine you.

"When it's a full moon I could make an examination to see what I'm working with.  If that doesn't work... I COULD try the spirit bending.  But I would beg that you allow me to prepare by myself first."

"It will do," he replies, "It is surely an improvement from their previous conditions."

He looks on. "Behold your new homes. Forged in powerful magics to be cleaner, warmer, and more comfortable than the old."

They start to investigate and he moves on...

You spend most of the night doing this. He owns several villages.

"Right then Tally-Ho!"  Onwards we go.  If he's riding horseback then I'll use the airbender ball to put alongside him.  

If he gives me a look I say, "If you can do it why not?"

Afterwards I'll excuse myself.  I'm gonna try and contact a past life.  One to see if I can and two to see if they have any insight on what to do here.

Brian Boru carried out 1 launched of one d100 :

Rieverre wrote:"From what I've said you should know that I'm never just by myself."

She shakes her head.  “Yes.  Still more than a little overwhelming.”

"Back where I come from there are those who have mastered the manipulation of elements through spiritual and martial discipline. They can direct air, water, earth or fire to do their bidding. And there's one who inherits a contract with a powerful spirit of light who can manipulate all four," I say. "That's be me."

I breathe a small stream of fire out at the meat I'm eating to give it a bit more char.

That gets them to jump back in shock.  “Magic!”

Oh great. Neither of those is a good thing. I don't suppose anything is being done to counter that mess, or is everyone still squabbling with one-another as per usual?

Mostly the bands in the North have been riding hard all across the steppes and tundra to hunt down any raiders or other threats they come across.  The Shamans though are something new in the recent mess and could be VERY VERY bad.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:13 pm

Brian Boru wrote:She shakes her head.  “Yes.  Still more than a little overwhelming.”

"Not my area of expertize either. But you work with the cards you're dealt. If there's one thing to keep in mind in dealing with spirits and spirit touched, it's that."

That gets them to jump back in shock.  “Magic!”

Om nom nom.

"Not really," I say after swallowing. "I don't actually draw on the Winds. It's more like ... my contract lets me spontaneously trigger the effect as a function of concentration and memetic triggers."

Pause.

"Yeah, alright, that's pretty odd. But I'm not at any risk of anything showing up to eat my soul due to doing too much."

Mostly the bands in the North have been riding hard all across the steppes and tundra to hunt down any raiders or other threats they come across.  The Shamans though are something new in the recent mess and could be VERY VERY bad.

Would they care for some help? I mean, it's not as though I have anything better to do at the moment, and while I'd love to eventually get somewhere with hot and cold running water (and possibly hot and cold running courtesans) this kind of seems like enough of a big deal to make me change my plans for the future. Call it enlightened self-interest.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:41 pm

Brian Boru wrote:
"...damn..."

"So you can consider that an right and proper promises. After you die and assuming I don't get killed first, when I get the opportunity I'll try and set one off somewhere and fucking name it after you. Be one hell of a monument to your memory. In a thousand years people will be looking at Mt. Urgrim."

"And I intend to face it if I can."

"I believe that's where you'll find your doom. Facing the forces of chaos, just like Grimnir himself."

"And they'll come in swarms."

"Send the call."

I mean you're kinda going to have to go through them to get to either Kazador or the Badlands.

Be polite, be respectful, and make it clear that we're only their problem if they make us their problem.

"If you're sincere...then I will make the attempt...for you as an individual.  This would be an extremely tough and dangerous process, and I'd have to...for a lack of a better term, examine you.

"You have my thanks."

"When it's a full moon I could make an examination to see what I'm working with.  If that doesn't work... I COULD try the spirit bending.  But I would beg that you allow me to prepare by myself first."

"Very well. Though will you want the Chaos moon at its height or its low?"

"Right then Tally-Ho!"  Onwards we go.  If he's riding horseback then I'll use the airbender ball to put alongside him.  

If he gives me a look I say, "If you can do it why not?"

He gave you a horse.

Afterwards I'll excuse myself.  I'm gonna try and contact a past life.  One to see if I can and two to see if they have any insight on what to do here.

Who do you call...

And when you finally get back you find a lovely young woman (GUESS WHO?) laying in your bed naked... Wink

http://romaniangirls.ro/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/alina11.jpg

HELLO!

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:17 am

Rieverre wrote:"Not my area of expertize either. But you work with the cards you're dealt. If there's one thing to keep in mind in dealing with spirits and spirit touched, it's that."

"And what will you do now? What are you're intentions?"

Om nom nom.

A few blinks of surprise at your blase attitude.

"Not really," I say after swallowing. "I don't actually draw on the Winds. It's more like ... my contract lets me spontaneously trigger the effect as a function of concentration and memetic triggers."

Pause.

"Yeah, alright, that's pretty odd. But I'm not at any risk of anything showing up to eat my soul due to doing too much."

You lost them with the first part but they latched onto the second. "How is that possible? A man wielding powers like that will always fall to the dark gods."

Would they care for some help? I mean, it's not as though I have anything better to do at the moment, and while I'd love to eventually get somewhere with hot and cold running water (and possibly hot and cold running courtesans) this kind of seems like enough of a big deal to make me change my plans for the future. Call it enlightened self-interest.

After some conversation, they turn back to you and say that if you can keep up with their riding then they could use someone like you. Keep in mind that they'll have to report you eventually to the local Boyar representing the Tzarina. Though they can delay that for a while.

Psyckosama wrote:"So you can consider that an right and proper promises. After you die and assuming I don't get killed first, when I get the opportunity I'll try and set one off somewhere and fucking name it after you. Be one hell of a monument to your memory. In a thousand years people will be looking at Mt. Urgrim."

He's honestly touched by that.

"I believe that's where you'll find your doom. Facing the forces of chaos, just like Grimnir himself."

He grins a vicious grin at the thought of that.

"Send the call."

He does. Give it a few months and you'll have dwarves coming out of the wood-work.

Be polite, be respectful, and make it clear that we're only their problem if they make us their problem.

Right then, getting out of the mountains is easy enough as is the skirting of Ostermark. The few villages you come across keeping to themselves as a slayer and a strange looking man pass through. When you cross the Stir, (with an ice bridge you collapse after you cross), then things get...funky...

Roll a d6, then a d100.

"You have my thanks."

"Don't thank me until after we succeed...or fail and we're both still upright, mobile and still retain our wits."

"Very well. Though will you want the Chaos moon at its height or its low?"

"Low for the first attempt. My powers DON'T come from the Winds and I'd rather avoid anything that could jeopardize that. We'll try with it later if this first attempt is a bust."

He gave you a horse.

Right then I ride the horse.

Who do you call...

I'll give Roku a shot, the man lived among royalty and nobility his entire life and he'd live a long life before he passed on, to be honest I'm not sure who else I could call on that I'm sure would have the answer.

And when you finally get back you find a lovely young woman (GUESS WHO?) laying in your bed naked... Wink

http://romaniangirls.ro/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/alina11.jpg

HELLO!

"Well hello, hello. Seems I did well the night before if you want another round."

If we've got enough stamina afterwards I'll strike a conversation with her. See what her likes and dislikes are and what her hopes and dreams are. I'm trying to figure out what her angle is with me if there is one.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:33 am

Brian Boru wrote:"And what will you do now?  What are you're intentions?"

"Survive? Chances are I'll have my hands full enough with that seeing as I think I've gotten the Changer angry with me. I'm not really in a position to make long-term plans right now."

Well, that's mostly true anyway. What I have is mostly longer term goals anyway. Launch cultural revolution, see Altdorf at some point, eventually touch elf ears, that kind of thing.

You lost them with the first part but they latched onto the second.  "How is that possible?  A man wielding powers like that will always fall to the dark gods."

"I don't wield power like that. At least, I don't do it in the same way people around here are used to. Let's see ... the shamans, sorcerers and such, the power they use is a bit like a knife that's all blade. Eventually, no matter how careful you are, if you start cutting people with that thing you'll get hurt too. What I do is more like a cudgel. I'd have to be deliberately careless with it in order to hurt myself. Well, that and wherever it is that the dark gods tug on in them, the place is already occupied by the spirit I'm contracted to ... and guarded by the spirits of all those were contracted to it before."

After some conversation, they turn back to you and say that if you can keep up with their riding then they could use someone like you.  Keep in mind that they'll have to report you eventually to the local Boyar representing the Tzarina.  Though they can delay that for a while.

It'd happen sooner or later anyway, as I'm not exactly the most subtle of beings right now, so no worries. So while I get my bearings, I'll help out with whatever they've got going. After that, unless something happens I'll probably move on to the nearest city or town or whatever's closest.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:12 pm

Brian Boru wrote:He's honestly touched by that.

"You're my friend." I say as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.

He grins a vicious grin at the thought of that.

"I just wish there was a way to free you without you having to die. You deserve a long life full of joy..."

He does.  Give it a few months and you'll have dwarves coming out of the wood-work.

We need to move fast though, but we can meet up down there.

Right then, getting out of the mountains is easy enough as is the skirting of Ostermark.  The few villages you come across keeping to themselves as a slayer and a strange looking man pass through.  When you cross the Stir, (with an ice bridge you collapse after you cross), then things get...funky...

Roll a d6, then a d100.

Psyckosama carried out 1 launched of one d6 :

Psyckosama carried out 1 launched of one d100 :

"Don't thank me until after we succeed...or fail and we're both still upright, mobile and still retain our wits."

He nods.

"Low for the first attempt.  My powers DON'T come from the Winds and I'd rather avoid anything that could jeopardize that.  We'll try with it later if this first attempt is a bust."

"That will be some time."

I'll give Roku a shot, the man lived among royalty and nobility his entire life and he'd live a long life before he passed on, to be honest I'm not sure who else I could call on that I'm sure would have the answer.

You get a Roku.

"Well hello, hello.  Seems I did well the night before if you want another round."

If we've got enough stamina afterwards I'll strike a conversation with her.  See what her likes and dislikes are and what her hopes and dreams are.  I'm trying to figure out what her angle is with me if there is one.

She LOVES wine and she's a major fan of rahat (AKA: Turkish delight) and plums. She seems to have something of a sweet tooth.

As for her dreams, she wishes to live a long and content existence.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:52 am

Psyckosama wrote:"You're my friend." I say as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.

"As are you lad."

"I just wish there was a way to free you without you having to die. You deserve a long life full of joy..."

"No chance of that lad. Honor demands what honor demands. My line has been holding this off for too long."

We need to move fast though, but we can meet up down there.

OOC: You mean the two of you split up?

If yes: He agrees and bid you luck, promising to meet you when you both stand in Kazador's hall.

If Not: Then he keeps up with you.

Your second day into the pines barrens that make up the Eastern Half of Sylvania when you hear something screaming.

Finding cover you sneak towards the sound. The bottom of a valley you spot a trio of peasants doing their best to fight off what looks like a gigantic were-bat. Looking further up the slope you spot a shattered tomb stone and a deep hole. You have a feeling you know where the colossal beast came from.

He nods.

"I apologize for harping on this but this is going to be dangerous."

"That will be some time."

"For Morrsleib to be low or high?"

You get a Roku.

I bow respectfully to the man. "Good (insert time of day), Avatar Roku. I'm Boru, your erm...current successor. As you can see....we're in something of a pickle."

I then explain to him where we are what what I know of the world and the major players. Then I tell him what I am planning to do with Lord Sava, though I make sure to explain what he is and what he wants. I realize the...man is a monster, but he honestly seems to give a damn about his folk and if he'll still give them the same protection even after he no longer needs to feed off them then I see no reason to deny his request. I just fear the fallout when his...peers, hear about what I did. Then there's Mandred to contend with....

She LOVES wine and she's a major fan of rahat (AKA: Turkish delight) and plums. She seems to have something of a sweet tooth.

"Ah, that explains why you're such a delicious treat. It was all that sugar." I joke.

As for her dreams, she wishes to live a long and content existence.

About what any can hope for. I try not to ask if she hopes to...join her uncle some day...because that'd be a deal breaker for me right then and there. I try to do some information gathering about the state of Sylvania, where Sava stands in the pecking order and who the big movers and shakers are. I don't mention Mandred as I'm not entirely sure if him back is a widely known thing.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:57 pm

Rieverre wrote:"Survive? Chances are I'll have my hands full enough with that seeing as I think I've gotten the Changer angry with me. I'm not really in a position to make long-term plans right now."

She chuckles at that.  This far north the wrath of the four is a fact of life so being able to stick them in the eye is always a good thing.

Well, that's mostly true anyway. What I have is mostly longer term goals anyway. Launch cultural revolution, see Altdorf at some point, eventually touch elf ears, that kind of thing.

OOC: elf ears....que?

"I don't wield power like that. At least, I don't do it in the same way people around here are used to. Let's see ... the shamans, sorcerers and such, the power they use is a bit like a knife that's all blade. Eventually, no matter how careful you are, if you start cutting people with that thing you'll get hurt too. What I do is more like a cudgel. I'd have to be deliberately careless with it in order to hurt myself. Well, that and wherever it is that the dark gods tug on in them, the place is already occupied by the spirit I'm contracted to ... and guarded by the spirits of all those were contracted to it before."

They blink at that but they seem to get the analogy.  They're still going to keep their distance incase you explode.

It'd happen sooner or later anyway, as I'm not exactly the most subtle of beings right now, so no worries. So while I get my bearings, I'll help out with whatever they've got going. After that, unless something happens I'll probably move on to the nearest city or town or whatever's closest.

Alright then.  The next morning the party, about a dozen strong, mount up.  The horse you rode last time is brought to you, he seems to have taken a liking to you.  They ask if you'd like to arm yourself with anything physical.  They know that wizards usually have at least a knife to fight with if the worst happens.

Roll a d100.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next