Giant Stompy Robots
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

+4
Rieverre
Ironforge
Psyckosama
Brian Boru
8 posters

Page 5 of 32 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18 ... 32  Next

Go down

You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

Post by Ironforge Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:34 pm

Name: Cameron the Wanderer
Rune items: Gauntlets and Greaves
Faction: Tribe Bjornlings
Leader: Jarl Igvar Bloodscreamer
Wealth: 1950 GP in loot/coin

She smiles at your vote of confidence though there are occasional wistful looks from her when she thinks you're not looking.
Well that is no surprise, but I guess only time will tell if anything comes of it.

The eldest among them, probably 26 at the most looks you over then in your eyes, then she snorts and says, "Alright but if she breaks like an egg don't be surprised. Personally I don't think she worth the effort." The look she gives you as well as the 5 other women watching gives you a strong hint where your...effort... should be focused on. Seriously she's six inches shorter than the shortest of them and at least 30 lbs. lighter. 
"Fair enough. Though we all have to start somewhere and not even any of you started out as you did now, so just take that in consideration when you are pounding in the basic into her is all I ask." Then noticing the other looks they are giving me and how I now feel like so much meat in front of a pack of wolves. I then quickly look over the leader again and say.

"Well then I'll be taking my leave then. Though if you maidens have any need of me for training later I'll be happy to help, as it would only be fair since of what I'm asking of you."
Give him a week and they should be ready.
"Alright then, I'll see you in a week with your pay Ulli and who knows maybe even another order if hunter is good for me during that time." An then I'm off to the tailors to get some new clothes.

He smiles and says that if it is wartime then all the houseguard are expected to be armed and ready at all times, otherwise they cycle out on a weekly basis.
"Well then my Jarl, where would you suggest I build my new home and how much will I need to play for the land? As there is much work I'll we need do then to make a home for myself."
Ironforge
Ironforge

Back to top Go down

You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

Post by bzzt3421 Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:38 pm

Name: Alexander 'Askeladd' Skarin
Rune Weapons: Bastard Sword and Norse feathered axe 
Coin: 1 silver, 20 coppers
Equipment: Shirt, combat harness, war-kilt, furred leggings, empty sack, brace of throwing axes. 
Faction: Empire: Ostland: Baron Heintz

Brian Boru wrote:"Hmph...we shall see."

Well the plan at the moment is to prepare an ambush on the trails where the marauders are using to get in and out of the area. Once one is found the plan is to wait for the marauders to attempt to use it and then fall on them with extreme prejudice.

Hmm, you know, we could do with a scout or a tracker. I wonder if the wolves know how... 

Well only one way to find out. Time to volunteer. 

bzzt3421

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:47 pm

He jerks up at your appearence, pulling out his sword... "Who are you stranger, be warned I am Mortimer Bruyas a knight errant of the Lady, if mean I'll I will not hesitate to run you through."

"Vargr Skarin, and if I meant you ill, Errant, I would hardly go through the trouble of announcing myself, now would I?"

Grandpappy Loki must be so proud, though perhaps not of the rather unimaginative name I'd just pulled right out of my ass.

"And really, have you so little trouble that you must go borrowing more from every stranger offering help with lighting a fire?"
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by afterthought53 Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:35 pm

Name: Visorex Skarin
    Rune Items: Bastard Sword, Bearded Axe
    Money: 144 Gold, 1 silver, 2 copper

Army: 2 Heavy Infantry, 2 Archers
    Assets: 2 Riding Horse

She seems to think on it for a moment, then with a small chanting and a feeling of the hair on the back of your neck rising for a second, then falling you feel nothing else. She seems to be true to her word. It only examined you. She's silent for a while in contemplation then she says, "You are clean Sir Skarin, Chaos, nor any other dark power touches you...though there is something there that I've never sensed before, it makes me think of a wolf for some reason...."

I contemplate her statement for a moment before answering "The wolf was the sigil of my father, just as mine is the pheonix. Our sigils have meaning, I am the pheonix for I rose from the ashes stronger than I had ever been. My father's blood, the wolfs blood flows through my veins quite strongly which is likely the source of what you sense." 
Then, with a smile I say "Thank you Lady Genevieve for your efforts. I'm sure your assurance will do much to ease any unease the others felt towards me due to my mysterious strength. I have one more question if you don't mind." I look her straight into her eyes and voice my question "How does the Lady feel about me becoming a noble lord of Brettonia? I ask because the prize for tomorrow's competition is a landhold in Earl Hincmar's domain and if the Lady does not trust me to administer her lands, I would rather not deny it to one of the others."

Afterwards I will bid her adieu and head towards Sir William Gisoux or Sir Torren d'Marr, whichever is closer.
afterthought53
afterthought53

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceraptor Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:32 pm

Name: Marcus Raynor
Coin: 12 Gold, 4 Silver
Rune Items: Bastard sword, battle axe
Apparel: Villager clothing

Brian Boru wrote:THAT much doom and destruction out of someone as worldly as you?  Hell yes they're going to pay attention to that.

Truth, and once they get the rumors and other events that start confirming this? Well, panic time?

The trip itself is fairly quick, the both of you able to travel ground much faster than a normal pair of human would have been able to but for the entire trip she gives you the stone wall treatment, no talking, not interaction not even eye contact.  Unless you try and break the ice yourself.

I sigh to myself. The stony silence was getting on my nerves, worse then having to travel alone. While still keeping a pace, I speak, determined to break the silence. "So, I assume that this is the first time that you have spent with one not of your kind?" I inquired. "Look, we will get into fights alongside each other and have to trust each others' backs to one another sooner or later and I'd rather know who I am fighting alongside then trust my back to a stranger. We've got a long way ahead of us still."

Aceraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:16 am

Name: Not Yet Chosen
Rune items: Sword and Axe (with lesser Daggers)
Faction: ME!
Leader: ME!
Money: 42g 16s

Brian Boru wrote:von Uden sighs, just don't cripple him is his only comment.

"Nothing but his pride..."

Oddly enough there's an armsman seller with several guns available as well he has a nice relatively reliable pistol for a crown and 4 shillings or maybe you'd be interested in this repeater pistol for 2 crowns and 7 shillings expensive but of the finest quality, all the way from Nuln.

How about four for both guns, a bullet mold, and enough powder for 200 shots?

Five if he's got the skill to do a custom order modification.

Right. Another 5 crowns?

yup

Beastmen see better in the dark than men or at least their sense of smell seems to make up for it.  Though dawn or dusk, when the light is funny for the ugly bastards would be a better bet.

He's the general. I give suggestions but he points and I go.

Despite even more insanity coming out of your mouth, considering the success of the previous fight, the count is willing to hear you out.

If its stupid, and it works, it ain't stupid! Very Happy

Latter that dusk he manages to scrounge up enough powder and oil for a baker's dozen of barrels.

Wonderful! Make sure to cut the powder with lots of mixed in gravel!

When the time comes you hurl the lit barrels with shocking accuracy, when the booms roar out through the evening air.

STEP ONE!

You then plow your way up the side of the hill and when you reach the top, you see a vision like out of a nightmare.  Hundreds of Beastmen are screaming and running around in agony their bodies mangled by the explosions.  When you're spotted the brutes now have something to focus their rage on.  The poor poor bastards, by the time the fighting is done you've personally killed easily 1500 beast men, and all of the minotaurs.  It was a fucking carnage...now what to do about those herdstones...

I lift my axes, channel my magical power (which should be well boosted by all the killing) and scream "ULRIC!!!!!" at the top of my lungs and smash them with both blades using Ice power on full power!

I give her a look, "What on earth could make me slamming you into the ground and interrogate you look gentle in comparison?"  Then I realize what I was just saying..."If you don't mind me asking."

She gives you a dirty look. "My skirts don't need mending."

"Sorry, I only remembered it when I noticed you."

She sighs and shakes her head.

I raise an eyebrow "Sylvania...eesh my sympathies."

"I'm sure that being Norskin you can understand the problems."

She coughs slightly and her voice slips into something out of a 1930s dracula movie, "It'z vy I vorked so 'ard on mastering my akcent."

"You didn't shoot me in the face when you had every right to.  That makes you good in my books."  I joke.

"You didn't look dead and the priests frown on killing folk who don't need a killing."

I raise an eyebrow..."That sounds like there is a story there Father?"

"Not mine to tell."

She glares.[/quote]
[/quote]

Psyckosama
Admin

https://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:39 am

Ironforge wrote:Name: Cameron the Wanderer

Well that is no surprise, but I guess only time will tell if anything comes of it.

She's a Bretonnian lady YOU need to make the first move!

"Fair enough. Though we all have to start somewhere and not even any of you started out as you did now, so just take that in consideration when you are pounding in the basic into her is all I ask." Then noticing the other looks they are giving me and how I now feel like so much meat in front of a pack of wolves. I then quickly look over the leader again and say.

"Well then I'll be taking my leave then. Though if you maidens have any need of me for training later I'll be happy to help, as it would only be fair since of what I'm asking of you."

Your quick retreat sends them into giggles while a tall blond calls out, "Oh come by any time, I'm sure we could use some extra sword work."

"Alright then, I'll see you in a week with your pay Ulli and who knows maybe even another order if hunter is good for me during that time." An then I'm off to the tailors to get some new clothes.

He bids you a good day then gets on to work.

You meet the tailor a little while later, an older woman with long agile fingers, "What can I do for you?"

"Well then my Jarl, where would you suggest I build my new home and how much will I need to play for the land? As there is much work I'll we need do then to make a home for myself."

The Jarl chuckles a bit saying that there are plenty of unclaimed forest to choose from though he would suggest no less than a day's walk from another neighbor if you can help it. Most of what you'd be paying for would be the vagarities of a house, though if you're planning on planting roots then having someone help you might be a good idea, this he says later on in private.

bzzt3421 wrote:Name: Alexander 'Askeladd' Skarin
Equipment: Shirt, combat harness, war-kilt, furred leggings, empty sack, brace of throwing axes. 
[color=#f58b00]Rank: Retainer

[quote=]Hmm, you know, we could do with a scout or a tracker. I wonder if the wolves know how...[/quote]

You've been hunting with them plenty you tell me?

Well only one way to find out. Time to volunteer.

The count looks at you in slight confusion but remembering your abilities he nods and works on convincing the others to allow you and your giant wolves to act as scouts. Nothing can track like giant wolves and they know that from experience. He points out several natural choke points that he wants you to see which are being used the most.

One that passes below a ridge.

Another that runs through a ford in a large river.

While a third hugs along a swamp.

Rieverre wrote:"Vargr Skarin, and if I meant you ill, Errant, I would hardly go through the trouble of announcing myself, now would I?"

"No I guess you would not. Come sit I don't have a fire but you're welcome to my tree."

Grandpappy Loki must be so proud, though perhaps not of the rather unimaginative name I'd just pulled right out of my ass.

Hehe

"And really, have you so little trouble that you must go borrowing more from every stranger offering help with lighting a fire?"

"No...No I guess not. It was impolite of me for doing that and I apologize."

afterthought53 wrote:Name: Visorex Skarin

I contemplate her statement for a moment before answering "The wolf was the sigil of my father, just as mine is the pheonix. Our sigils have meaning, I am the pheonix for I rose from the ashes stronger than I had ever been. My father's blood, the wolfs blood flows through my veins quite strongly which is likely the source of what you sense."

"Interesting, very interesting sir Skarin, I would like to meet with you again some day."

Then, with a smile I say "Thank you Lady Genevieve for your efforts. I'm sure your assurance will do much to ease any unease the others felt towards me due to my mysterious strength. I have one more question if you don't mind." I look her straight into her eyes and voice my question "How does the Lady feel about me becoming a noble lord of Brettonia? I ask because the prize for tomorrow's competition is a landhold in Earl Hincmar's domain and if the Lady does not trust me to administer her lands, I would rather not deny it to one of the others."

She is silent for a long while before she says, "Although you are not of Bretonnia, the Lady desires that your strength becomes part of her people. So she is more than willing to welcome you to be a part of the kingdom."

Afterwards I will bid her adieu and head towards Sir William Gisoux or Sir Torren d'Marr, whichever is closer.

You spot Gisoux less than 20 paces from you, when he see you he smiles and says, "Ah Sir Skarin, congratulations for your victory today. Is there anything the matter?"

Aceraptor wrote:Name: Marcus Raynor

Truth, and once they get the rumors and other events that start confirming this? Well, panic time?

Heh true

I sigh to myself. The stony silence was getting on my nerves, worse then having to travel alone. While still keeping a pace, I speak, determined to break the silence. "So, I assume that this is the first time that you have spent with one not of your kind?" I inquired. "Look, we will get into fights alongside each other and have to trust each others' backs to one another sooner or later and I'd rather know who I am fighting alongside then trust my back to a stranger. We've got a long way ahead of us still."

She gives you a long look before she finally nods and asks that you give your abilities first then she'll give you hers and then the two of you can plan out how to work with each other. And yes this is the first time she's been around a human for potentially this long.

Psyckosama wrote:Name: Not Yet Chosen

[quote="Brian Boru]"Nothing but his pride..."[/quote]

The next day the duel commences as you are the challenged party you choose weapons.

How about four for both guns, a bullet mold, and enough powder for 200 shots?

Five if he's got the skill to do a custom order modification.

The money symbols flash in his eyes and he says that yes he has that, and he asks what it is you want.

He's the general. I give suggestions but he points and I go.

Yup

If its stupid, and it works, it ain't stupid! Very Happy

True

Wonderful! Make sure to cut the powder with lots of mixed in gravel!

Done

I lift my axes, channel my magical power (which should be well boosted by all the killing) and scream "ULRIC!!!!!" at the top of my lungs and smash them with both blades using Ice power on full power!

The magic of the blades and the power of the herdstones clash harshly, after some seeming struggle the rocks freeze solid and you can see the stones shatter in the ice. Then at the edge of your hearing there is a high-pitched whine and a hellish green glow between the cracks of the stone.

She gives you a dirty look. "My skirts don't need mending."

My eyes widen in shock and I blush a bit, "Well now I feel like the world's biggest jackass....I am terribly sorry..."

I'm at a loss here.

She sighs and shakes her head.

"I can go tell him now if you think it would help."

"I'm sure that being Norskin you can understand the problems."

I shake my head, "Don't I know it."

Lowering my voice and cranking up the nordic accent I grunt out, "GRAAH! ME NORSCAN! ME KILLS PEOPLE AND BURN STUFF! ME BRAINLESS PUPPET OF DARK GODS! ME FIRST LOVE IS AX!" (Think Swedish Chef thick accent)

She coughs slightly and her voice slips into something out of a 1930s dracula movie, "It'z vy I vorked so 'ard on mastering my akcent."

I actually rather like it, "I don't know I think it's rather alluring myself."

"You didn't look dead and the priests frown on killing folk who don't need a killing."

"HA fair enough I guess." End the conversation.

"Not mine to tell."

She glares.

"Ah then I won't pry unless it becomes an issue."

When ever we set out I go to whoever is patrolling the forest and tell them that the priest of Morr has sanctioned my participation and if they don't know who I am then I give them a show of my abilities. Then I ask what the plan now is, if nothing then I offer to be pointed to whatever the evil is in the forest and deal with it myself.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:51 am

Psyckosama wrote:The next day the duel commences as you are the challenged party you choose weapons.

Bare knuckle boxing. Smile

The money symbols flash in his eyes and he says that yes he has that, and he asks what it is you want.

Rifle the barrels according to a fast twist and I need to know their exact diameter.

Then I talk to the field blacksmith about having a mold made...

http://media.midwayusa.com/productimages/880x660/primary/460/460281.jpg

The magic of the blades and the power of the herdstones clash harshly, after some seeming struggle the rocks freeze solid and you can see the stones shatter in the ice.  Then at the edge of your hearing there is a high-pitched whine and a hellish green glow between the cracks of the stone.

The stones get thrown... as far and as hard as I can... into the sky and away from people (AKA: Not beastmen)

My eyes widen in shock and I blush a bit, "Well now I feel like the world's biggest jackass....I am terribly sorry..."

"You didn't do it."

I'm at a loss here.

"I can go tell him now if you think it would help."

"Then tell him"

I shake my head, "Don't I know it."

Lowering my voice and cranking up the nordic accent I grunt out, "GRAAH!  ME NORSCAN!  ME KILLS PEOPLE AND BURN STUFF! ME BRAINLESS PUPPET OF DARK GODS!  ME FIRST LOVE IS AX!" (Think Swedish Chef thick accent)

She gives you a look. "You're overdoing it."

I actually rather like it, "I don't know I think it's rather alluring myself."

"Wonderful," she deadpans.

"Ah then I won't pry unless it becomes an issue."

She looks over for a moment and sighs. "The women of my family have... bad luck with vampires. Beauty runs in the family and vampires enjoy beautiful things... I lost two sisters and my mother to the tastes of our 'Dark Master'. I ran away as soon as I was able."

When ever we set out I go to whoever is patrolling the forest and tell them that the priest of Morr has sanctioned my participation and if they don't know who I am then I give them a show of my abilities.  Then I ask what the plan now is, if nothing then I offer to be pointed to whatever the evil is in the forest and deal with it myself.

Well first they have to bloody find it. Anyone have any ideas?

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironforge Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:56 am

Your quick retreat sends them into giggles while a tall blond calls out, "Oh come by any time, I'm sure we could use some extra sword work."
Yeah, sword work, why do I feel I might have made a error in judgement here? Well at least they'll help make Renee into a stronger women here.

He bids you a good day then gets on to work.

You meet the tailor a little while later, an older woman with long agile fingers, "What can I do for you?"
"Well my good woman, I would like 3 sets of good working clothes made for hard labor, another 7 sets of normal daily clothing and 2 sets of fine clothing for ceremonies. An if possible another 2 sets of boots if possible.

So how long will this take and how much will we need for those clothes? Also once much time do you need from me to get measurements?"  

The Jarl chuckles a bit saying that there are plenty of unclaimed forest to choose from though he would suggest no less than a day's walk from another neighbor if you can help it. Most of what you'd be paying for would be the vagarities of a house, though if you're planning on planting roots then having someone help you might be a good idea, this he says later on in private.
"Well my Jarl I plan to make a home here regardless of what things may change that in the future. As no matter what happens, you and your people where the first to take me in and having a home here would always feel right. Though since I have next to no knowledge on the fine craft of woodwork, can you recommend a person I should hire to help build me this home? As even though I have a idea of what I want, having someone that can make that idea possible would be vastly helpful.

Also my Jarl, about those dwarfs you mentioned earlier. Do you know when you might next deal with them? As I have some ideas for somethings that there knowledge of steel and stone would vastly help in see done."
Ironforge
Ironforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceraptor Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:05 am

Brian Boru wrote:Heh true

Well, this will be interesting to see though.

She gives you a long look before she finally nods and asks that you give your abilities first then she'll give you hers and then the two of you can plan out how to work with each other.  And yes this is the first time she's been around a human for potentially this long.

"Fair enough." I give her a quick run down of my abilities, rough estimates since I did not have the ability or time to accurately measure my strength or agility. I do tell her about my weapons' elemental rune magics. Then I wait for her to describe herself as well.

Aceraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:52 am

Psyckosama wrote:Bare knuckle boxing. Smile

von Uder junior gives you a look but shrugs and removes his gloves.

The fight is...odd... the young man lays some utterly ferocious punches on you but you show no signs of any affects on you. His reaction to that is to keep punching until he's about ready to keel over, then with a flick of your finger the poor sap is sent through a door frame.

Rifle the barrels according to a fast twist and I need to know their exact diameter.

Then I talk to the field blacksmith about having a mold made...

http://media.midwayusa.com/productimages/880x660/primary/460/460281.jpg

He studies the plans you wrote up, intrigue on his face. He tells you that give him a week and he should be able to have something to test.

The stones get thrown... as far and as hard as I can... into the sky and away from people (AKA: Not beastmen)

You manage to luck out as just as you finish throwing the stones they explode like green tinted fireworks in the sky giving the battlefield a macabre look to it.

"You didn't do it."

"No but I doubt you wanted to be reminded of it."

"Then tell him"

Very well the next time I see him I tell him about the stranger I saw when I first met with the Frederick

She gives you a look. "You're overdoing it."

I snort, "Heh, that usually convinces most people."

"Wonderful," she deadpans.

"And once again I make an idiot of myself."

She looks over for a moment and sighs. "The women of my family have... bad luck with vampires. Beauty runs in the family and vampires enjoy beautiful things... I lost two sisters and my mother to the tastes of our 'Dark Master'. I ran away as soon as I was able."

"Ah....well...damn...not sure what to say other than my hatred for those blood sucking freaks is just that much stronger. And if I ever find that freak I'll make sure he's put to rest with EXTREME prejudice."

Well first they have to bloody find it. Anyone have any ideas?

I shrug and say, "I just figured I could wander around the forest until the trees are dying that should be a positive sign. And if I find myself up to my neck in zombies then I think I've found it."

Yeah, sword work, why do I feel I might have made a error in judgement here? Well at least they'll help make Renee into a stronger women here.

Heh heh heh

"Well my good woman, I would like 3 sets of good working clothes made for hard labor, another 7 sets of normal daily clothing and 2 sets of fine clothing for ceremonies. An if possible another 2 sets of boots if possible.

So how long will this take and how much will we need for those clothes? Also once much time do you need from me to get measurements?"

It will take about 2 weeks.

"Well my Jarl I plan to make a home here regardless of what things may change that in the future. As no matter what happens, you and your people where the first to take me in and having a home here would always feel right. Though since I have next to no knowledge on the fine craft of woodwork, can you recommend a person I should hire to help build me this home? As even though I have a idea of what I want, having someone that can make that idea possible would be vastly helpful.

He thinks for a moment then says Oleg the carpenter is the best man for that job.

Also my Jarl, about those dwarfs you mentioned earlier. Do you know when you might next deal with them? As I have some ideas for somethings that there knowledge of steel and stone would vastly help in see done."

He admits he'd almost forgot but a trading caravan to the hold will be heading out around a month from now. You could go with them with a message from him vouching for you when you get there.

Well, this will be interesting to see though.

Ha!

"Fair enough." I give her a quick run down of my abilities, rough estimates since I did not have the ability or time to accurately measure my strength or agility. I do tell her about my weapons' elemental rune magics. Then I wait for her to describe herself as well.

She blinks in shock at what you tell her. She didn't think that was possible but considering that you beat her kin singlehandedly and without any major injury to yourself. She has to somewhat agree with you.

She says that she is a skilled mage with a focus in healing and plant manipulation. She also is extremely good as a staff fighter.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:01 am

von Uder junior gives you a look but shrugs and removes his gloves.

The fight is...odd... the young man lays some utterly ferocious punches on you but you show no signs of any affects on you.  His reaction to that is to keep punching until he's about ready to keel over, then with a flick of your finger the poor sap is sent through a door frame.

About half way through I ask him if he'd like a hammer or something. This is just pathetic.

He studies the plans you wrote up, intrigue on his face.  He tells you that give him a week and he should be able to have something to test.

Actually, never mind. I'll hold off on that for now.

You manage to luck out as just as you finish throwing the stones they explode like green tinted fireworks in the sky giving the battlefield a macabre look to it.

"Groovy"

So, aftermath. How much gold, was the One Eye here, if so did I kill him, and what's next?

"No but I doubt you wanted to be reminded of it."

"Live happens."

Very well the next time I see him I tell him about the stranger I saw when I first met with the Frederick

Hm. Can you tell us anything about the figure at all in detail?

I snort, "Heh, that usually convinces most people."

"Most people are small minded idiots."

"And once again I make an idiot of myself."

"No, its something else."

"Ah....well...damn...not sure what to say other than my hatred for those blood sucking freaks is just that much stronger.  And if I ever find that freak I'll make sure he's put to rest with EXTREME prejudice."

"Thank you."

[quote]I shrug and say, "I just figured I could wander around the forest until the trees are dying that should be a positive sign.  And if I find myself up to my neck in zombies then I think I've found it."[quote]

"How about until we're up to my neck... the rest of us would have drowned by the time its up to yours."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironforge Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:05 am

It will take about 2 weeks.
"Then I'll see you then my good women."

He thinks for a moment then says Oleg the carpenter is the best man for that job.
"Thank you my Jarl, I'll be sure to see him first thing tomorrow so we can get started on my new home."

He admits he'd almost forgot but a trading caravan to the hold will be heading out around a month from now. You could go with them with a message from him vouching for you when you get there.
Well then I'll take him up on that offer and ask that once I do head out to see them in a months time if there is anything I should get for him too while I'm there? An then after that is finally finished I enjoy the rest of the night at the feast with friend and song.

Then tomorrow, I head out at to see this Oleg and tell him of my idea for a home and what kinds of defenses I would like built for it, with cost being of no issue and that I would supply all of the resources needed for this task while also making sure to help with the building. An that I would like this building project started about 5 miles down coast of here by the coast so as we can have a port built there later too.

Home design:
You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread - Page 5 Morning_in_a_viking_Fortress_by_LaHorde

Stead design by coast, thought walls well be stone instead of wood and main home will be on the hill:
You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread - Page 5 Motte1
Ironforge
Ironforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:25 am

About half way through I ask him if he'd like a hammer or something. This is just pathetic.

That seems to make him even angrier and pick up the pace.

Actually, never mind. I'll hold off on that for now.

Alright then 4 gold please.

"Groovy"

So, aftermath. How much gold, was the One Eye here, if so did I kill him, and what's next?

You killed 1500 beast men and 20 minotaurs you do the math. And no Khazrak's herd is at least six times the size of that.

Well with the elimination of these herd there isn't really that many herds left large enough to be a threat. Most of the rest of the beastmen are spread out across the forest in tiny packs. He really isn't sure how he could still use you at your going rate. Though he does still believe you were worth every farthing.

Life happens."

I look impressed, "You're much tougher than I thought at first glance.  I can respect that."

Hm. Can you tell us anything about the figure at all in detail?

"Well I'm pretty sure he was around man height and he kept right on the edge of the tree line watching the entire time though he didn't seem to do anything.  What was odd was whenever I glanced over there directly I could find the bastard."

"Most people are small minded idiots."

"...you do not have a very sunny disposition though considering your background and line of work I can't say I could blame you."

"No, its something else."

"Oh...that..."

"Thank you."

I grin "The least I could do.  Then again I would do it because I just hate the smug pricks, not just because their existence is an aberration of all things right and proper.

"How about until we're up to my neck... the rest of us would have drowned by the time its up to yours."

"Well if you asked nicely enough I guess I could have you sit on my shoulder with me the pirate and you the parrot"  I lift my right elbow as if to make a little seat for her.

"Then I'll see you then my good women."

Alright then

"Thank you my Jarl, I'll be sure to see him first thing tomorrow so we can get started on my new home."

Alright then.

Well then I'll take him up on that offer and ask that once I do head out to see them in a months time if there is anything I should get for him too while I'm there? An then after that is finally finished I enjoy the rest of the night at the feast with friend and song.

Alright. and it's a pretty fun night.

The next morning you meet with Oleg an older scarred man with thick forearms.  "Ah so you're the one wanting my expertise.  What can I do for you?"

Then tomorrow, I head out at to see this Oleg and tell him of my idea for a home and what kinds of defenses I would like built for it, with cost being of no issue and that I would supply all of the resources need for this task while also making sure to help with the building. An that I would like this building project started about 5 miles down coast of here by the coast so as we can have a port built there later too.

Home design:
You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread - Page 5 Morning_in_a_viking_Fortress_by_LaHorde

Stead design by coast, thought walls well be stone instead of wood and main home will be on the hill:
You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread - Page 5 Motte1

Oleg is more than a little surprised at the size of this work but you more than have the coin for it.  Especially if you help with the heavy work.  All in all he'd give a month of work if he can call in all of his assistants and you act as an earth mover and heavy lifter.

Last edited by Brian Boru on Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceraptor Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:25 am

Brian Boru wrote:She blinks in shock at what you tell her.  She didn't think that was possible but considering that you beat her kin singlehandedly and without any major injury to yourself.  She has to somewhat agree with you.

Heh, I would be hard pressed to believe it if I was her as well.

She says that she is a skilled mage with a focus in healing and plant manipulation.  She also is extremely good as a staff fighter.

How about a spar? I want to see how good she is with her staff, and it would be a good first hand demonstration of my abilities, seeing it is better then just hearing about it. I wont be using my weapons since I'm afraid that I'll destroy her staff. And it'll be a nice break from the monotony of walking all day. How does she feel about it?

Aceraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:28 am

Vargr Skarin

"No...No I guess not. It was impolite of me for doing that and I apologize."

Good, I've got him on the defensive ^^

I wave past his apology, before starting the fire.

"You've the look of a man with trouble on his mind," I remark, plopping down on a convenient rock. "Something I gather is not entirely uncommon, but enough to bring you to this neck of the woods with but your mount, blade and what clothes are on your back. There must be a story to it."

I assume he hasn't had time, in his hurried escape, to actually bring supplies or even his armor? I'm going to try to get the full story out of him, possibly bribing him with what I had left of last night's strips of deer meat.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by afterthought53 Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:43 am

Name: Visorex Skarin

"Interesting, very interesting sir Skarin, I would like to meet with you again some day."

She is silent for a long while before she says, "Although you are not of Bretonnia, the Lady desires that your strength becomes part of her people. So she is more than willing to welcome you to be a part of the kingdom."

You spot Gisoux less than 20 paces from you, when he see you he smiles and says, "Ah Sir Skarin, congratulations for your victory today. Is there anything the matter?"
I give him a friendly smile and say "Greetings Sir Gisoux, I hope you are enjoying the tournament and festivities. I wanted to see how you were doing and to infrom you that I have just been informed by Lady Genevieve that I have the Lady's blessing to administer her lands should I win the melee tomorrow. As my first friend from this new land and the man who showed me this path I now tread, I wanted you to be the first to know." I will also give him some advice on his sword technique and any ways I can think of improving it.

After this, I will socialize a bit more at the party before calling it an early night to rest well for tomorrow's melee.
afterthought53
afterthought53

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironforge Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:48 am

Oleg is more than a little surprised at the size of this work but you more than have the coin for it. Especially if you help with the heavy work. All in all he'd give a month of work if he can call in all of his assistants and you act as an earth mover and heavy lifter.
"Well then call in all the people you need and I'll meet you at the site for the project tomorrow Oleg. As this way I should be able to get all the building stock you will need there and have it on site." Then shaking his hand to seal the deal, I spend the rest of my day cutting down and striping trees of branches while stacking them up in rowed stacks of 20. An carrying stones both large and small onto the site for use later. Making sure to only stop working once I can no longer have the light I would need to do a proper job before I head back to the Jarl's hall for the night.

An then from there I'll spend my next month help building my new home with Oleg and his crew during the day, visiting my friend Tregyv and getting to know him better or the Jarl to see how things are doing and if he has a job for me at the night. Picking up my goods once they are done. An visiting Renee and the Shield maidens from time to time, by seeing how things are coming alone there an helping out from time to time with training by showing them breathing techniques to help improve there stamina and power of their strikes. While also helping them with there footwork and hand to hand techniques if interested, since I figure they might not have many good ones or good techniques to fight unarmed against armed foes. Then once my home and stead are done, I'll invite all of them to my new home for a feast in celebration of it's completion, were I'll gift the gilded drinking horn to the Jarl in thanks for giving me the chance that lead me here.
Ironforge
Ironforge

Back to top Go down

Post by bzzt3421 Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:35 am

Brian Boru wrote:You've been hunting with them plenty you tell me?

Yep, they do. I just want to make sure you were going to acknowledge that, seeing as I didn't really roleplay that. 

The count looks at you in slight confusion but remembering your abilities he nods and works on convincing the others to allow you and your giant wolves to act as scouts.  Nothing can track like giant wolves and they know that from experience.  He points out several natural choke points that he wants you to see which are being used the most.

One that passes below a ridge.

Another that runs through a ford in a large river.

While a third hugs along a swamp.

Harpies, Zombies, and Trolls, oh my. 

Let's go investigate the ford, then the ridge, then the swamp. Have Piet keep back with the main force.

bzzt3421

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:56 am

Money: 162g 16s[/quote]

That seems to make him even angrier and pick up the pace.

"Should I just stand still?"

I pause, "Oh wait, already am. Pick up the pace, boy."

Alright then 4 gold please.

Ok.

You killed 1500 beast men and 20 minotaurs you do the math. And no Khazrak's herd is at least six times the size of that.

Groovy.....

so... that'll be 120 crowns. Smile

Well with the elimination of these herd there isn't really that many herds left large enough to be a threat.  Most of the rest of the beastmen are spread out across the forest in tiny packs.  He really isn't sure how he could still use you at your going rate.  Though he does still believe you were worth every farthing.

"In that case I guess I've already rendered myself unemployed. One of the advantages to being too good."

I laugh and offer him my hand, "As such I can no longer honorably accept weekly pay from you, but I'd like to ask if I can trouble you to remain in your home another week or two, simply to settle myself after a successful campaign. After that I'd like to humbly request a letter of recommendation to the Graf. I intend to head north, to Middenheim." I smile, "And friend, if you're ever in true need of aid, let me know and if I am able I will lend you my strength once more!"

I told him I wasn't long term, but rather was a short term super-weapon to be deployed with maximum force. Smile

I look impressed, "You're much tougher than I thought at first glance.  I can respect that."

"Get tough or get dead," she says grimly.

"Well I'm pretty sure he was around man height and he kept right on the edge of the tree line watching the entire time though he didn't seem to do anything.  What was odd was whenever I glanced over there directly I could find the bastard."

"Strange. Did it occur to you to attempt to intercept him?"

"...you do not have a very sunny disposition though considering your background and line of work I can't say I could blame you."

"Actually, most priests of Moor tend to be surprisingly jovial." she pauses, "Me, I intend to master the Dooming ritual."

OOC look up the dooming ritual, it's very common and SOMEONE has to be the one that traumatizes the poor kids!

"Oh...that..."

"Still, its nice to attract something with a pulse.

I grin "The least I could do.  Then again I would do it because I just hate the smug pricks, not just because their existence is an aberration of all things right and proper.

She pauses, "If I'd met you years ago, maybe I could have kept a measure of innocence."

"Well if you asked nicely enough I guess I could have you sit on my shoulder with me the pirate and you the parrot"  I lift my right elbow as if to make a little seat for her.

"And are you sure that's not just a creative excuse to have my rump pressed up in your face?" she asks sweetly. "If I feel a bite I will be most cross."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:20 pm

Heh, I would be hard pressed to believe it if I was her as well.

true

How about a spar? I want to see how good she is with her staff, and it would be a good first hand demonstration of my abilities, seeing it is better then just hearing about it. I wont be using my weapons since I'm afraid that I'll destroy her staff. And it'll be a nice break from the monotony of walking all day. How does she feel about it?

She smiles at you then nearly takes your nose off with her staff.  Then she spins it so fast the air hums with it.

Any strategy here?

Rieverre wrote:Vargr Skarin

Good, I've got him on the defensive ^^

I wave past his apology, before starting the fire.

"You've the look of a man with trouble on his mind," I remark, plopping down on a convenient rock. "Something I gather is not entirely uncommon, but enough to bring you to this neck of the woods with but your mount, blade and what clothes are on your back. There must be a story to it."

I assume he hasn't had time, in his hurried escape, to actually bring supplies or even his armor? I'm going to try to get the full story out of him, possibly bribing him with what I had left of last night's strips of deer meat.

He makes a face at the venison strips for an instant then he begins tearing into them like a starving man.  

Then he tells you his story.  He’d just recently begun his errantry serving the knight in the castle he just fled from.  However the knight had a lovely daughter he was keeping away from the rest of the world  and that is so wrong, no?  Well your boy could take this misdeed any more and ‘liberated’ the young lady and ‘plucked the flower’ so to speak.  Her father didn’t take it that well.  Now he has to figure out how to get back home without his armor and his former master ready to kill him.

afterthought53 wrote:Name: Visorex Skarin

I give him a friendly smile and say "Greetings Sir Gisoux, I hope you are enjoying the tournament and festivities. I wanted to see how you were doing and to infrom you that I have just been informed by Lady Genevieve that I have the Lady's blessing to administer her lands should I win the melee tomorrow. As my first friend from this new land and the man who showed me this path I now tread, I wanted you to be the first to know." I will also give him some advice on his sword technique and any ways I can think of improving it.

He blinks a bit at this but eventually smiles and says, “Then welcome to the service of the lady Sir Skarin!  I am glad that we will be companions and possibly neighbors in the future.”

After this, I will socialize a bit more at the party before calling it an early night to rest well for tomorrow's melee.

Anything in particular because otherwise the melee begins at highnoon the next day.  You notice that the people competing today are far smaller in number than the other events.

Once again, you’re mounted on your riding horse and unarmored.  But no one is laughing this time....no one...

"Well then call in all the people you need and I'll meet you at the site for the project tomorrow Oleg. As this way I should be able to get all the building stock you will need there and have it on site." Then shaking his hand to seal the deal, I spend the rest of my day cutting down and striping trees of branches while stacking them up in rowed stacks of 20. An carrying stones both large and small onto the site for use later. Making sure to only stop working once I can no longer have the light I would need to do a proper job before I head back to the Jarl's hall for the night.

Oleg shakes your hand and the two of you go your separate ways.  You then head over to the building site and promptly get to work.  Amazingly you think you’ve gathered all the wood you need though proper building stones right around your location are a little harder to find.

An then from there I'll spend my next month help building my new home with Oleg and his crew during the day, visiting my friend Tregyv and getting to know him better or the Jarl to see how things are doing and if he has a job for me at the night. Picking up my goods once they are done. An visiting Renee and the Shield maidens from time to time, by seeing how things are coming alone there an helping out from time to time with training by showing them breathing techniques to help improve there stamina and power of their strikes. While also helping them with there footwork and hand to hand techniques if interested, since I figure they might not have many good ones or good techniques to fight unarmed against armed foes. Then once my home and stead are done, I'll invite all of them to my new home for a feast in celebration of it's completion, were I'll gift the gilded drinking horn to the Jarl in thanks for giving me the chance that lead me here.

The home starts going up with amazing rapidity earth and wood and stone soaring around the site as you toss things to wherever they’re needed while the craftsmen carve and set the pieces.

About a week into the project you get the seaserpent-scale cloak and the drinking horn.  Quite lovely work and 20 crowns in value.  Seaserpent scales are an aggravating mixture of tough and fragile.  It takes a tremendous amount of force to work them but just one iota too much and they shatter like eggshells.

The tailor hands over your clothing another week later.

Tregyv welcomes your visits and the two of you talk frequently and widely on all sorts of topics from the weather to goings on in town to talking about his experiences in Altdorf and the empire.

The Jarl simply has you cycle in with guard duty every three days he knows you’re busy so you are given light duty.

As for Renee and the shield maidens well let’s just say the sexual tension is so thick you feel like can’t take your eyes off of any of them for fear of something happening.  Though you do manage to work with them fairly well though nothing groundbreaking is truly learned. Oh and Renee seems to be learning, though there are comments that she’s never really going to be an actual warrior able to stand in the shield wall.

The Jarl and some of his retinue including that neice you met right before you left, Tregyv, and Renee all come, uncomfortably ALL of the unmarried shieldmaiden came as well.  Why is...not really explained...

The Jarl loves the gift and he is highly impressed by the hall you’ve built.  Now you only need a wife to help run it.  It was said in jest but every female in the hall snaps their head round to you simultaneously.

Equipment: Shirt, combat harness, war-kilt, furred leggings, empty sack, brace of throwing axes.

Yep, they do. I just want to make sure you were going to acknowledge that, seeing as I didn't really roleplay that.

You mentioned doing so before so you got it.

Harpies, Zombies, and Trolls, oh my.

Let's go investigate the ford, then the ridge, then the swamp. Have Piet keep back with the main force.

Several days later you reach the ford with the wolves, after examining the land on both side you notice that there are plenty of tracks both human and split hooves, heading in both directions.  The freshest seem to be coming southward in your employers’ lands.

Money: 162g 16s

"Should I just stand still?"

I pause, "Oh wait, already am. Pick up the pace, boy."

Well after one last fast flurry he’s spent, any other man would have been a bloody pulp by this point.

[/quote]

And here are your firearms

Groovy.....

so... that'll be 120 crowns. Smile

Yup and he’ll do it once you get back to Mittleweg

"In that case I guess I've already rendered myself unemployed. One of the advantages to being too good."

“You can live VERY comfortably on that much I don’t think you have to worry that much.”

I laugh and offer him my hand, "As such I can no longer honorably accept weekly pay from you, but I'd like to ask if I can trouble you to remain in your home another week or two, simply to settle myself after a successful campaign. After that I'd like to humbly request a letter of recommendation to the Graf. I intend to head north, to Middenheim." I smile, "And friend, if you're ever in true need of aid, let me know and if I am able I will lend you my strength once more!"

He laughs at you and says, “Is that all?”  He’d be glad to do it.

He also says that he’ll be sure to contact you.

I told him I wasn't long term, but rather was a short term super-weapon to be deployed with maximum force. Smile

Very true.

"Get tough or get dead," she says grimly.

“Isn’t that the truth in this world of ours...”

"Strange. Did it occur to you to attempt to intercept him?"

I smile sheepishly, “I had other concerns like not getting shot in the face.  And when I was sure I wouldn’t get shot at, the bastard was already completely gone.”

"Actually, most priests of Moor tend to be surprisingly jovial." she pauses, "Me, I intend to master the Dooming ritual."

OOC look up the dooming ritual, it's very common and SOMEONE has to be the one that traumatizes the poor kids!

I laugh, “Well I guess someone needs to do it.”

"Still, its nice to attract something with a pulse.

“Thanks...I think.”

She pauses, "If I'd met you years ago, maybe I could have kept a measure of innocence."

Awkward silence...

"And are you sure that's not just a creative excuse to have my rump pressed up in your face?" she asks sweetly. "If I feel a bite I will be most cross."

“Well if you feel that strongly you could always ride on my shield.”  I lift the huge tower shield over my head like it’s the size of a buckler even though it was the size of most nobles’ beds.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironforge Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:44 pm

Wealth: 1230 GP in loot/coin
Inventory: 3 sets of working clothes, 7 sets of clothes, 2 high clothes, sea serpent cloak, 3 boots, sea serpent fang necklace,

Oleg shakes your hand and the two of you go your separate ways.  You then head over to the building site and promptly get to work. Amazingly you think you’ve gathered all the wood you need though proper building stones right around your location are a little harder to find.
Ah, got to love super strengths and boons it can give one if one works with it. Smile

The Jarl loves the gift and he is highly impressed by the hall you’ve built.  Now you only need a wife to help run it.  It was said in jest but every female in the hall snaps their head round to you simultaneously.
"Well my Jarl, I think you might be right with that idea even if you only speak in jest. Though I just hope I can find a women that can handle the burden of my children since each of them will be gifted with my strength.

But I guess now is as good a time to start looking, since now I can provide both home and hearth to one I would call wife."

An on that note I turn to the gathered ladies and start getting to know each of them one by one and see if any of they would make a good wife.

Last edited by Ironforge on Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ironforge
Ironforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceraptor Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:17 pm

Brian Boru wrote:
She smiles at you then nearly takes your nose off with her staff.  Then she spins it so fast the air hums with it.

Welp, it appears that she is quite agreeable about the spar... well, enthusiastic may be abit understating it... I may have been a mite bit hasty in disavowing the use of my weapons... Oh well. :p

Any strategy here?

Hm, use my speed to get within the reach of the staff and try to grapple with her. Trying to keep get from using the staff as a blender, use feints to see if I can get her to try to strike at me and use that instant that she is attacking to close the distance in order to get within my reach and disarm her while at the same time preventing her from using the reach of her weapon as a leverage. Of course, I'll do my best to prevent permanent damage, both to myself and her, and her staff of course.

Aceraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:26 pm

Money: 158g 16s

Well after one last fast flurry he’s spent, any other man would have been a bloody pulp by this point.

"Don't tell me you're done already."

And here are your firearms

I show them to the girl.

Yup and he’ll do it once you get back to Mittleweg

Works.

“You can live VERY comfortably on that much I don’t think you have to worry that much.”

I smile. "I have larger plans and this is but a beginning."

He laughs at you and says, “Is that all?”  He’d be glad to do it.

I find its better to be humble and generous for gold is cheap, but good will is a far more valuable treasure!

He also says that he’ll be sure to contact you.

I smile and nod.

Very true.

And my word was correct. He's crushed his enemies and protected his people with a minimum of bloodshed.

And then I move onto the north... what kind of greeting do I get in middenheim and what does the letter say?

“Isn’t that the truth in this world of ours...”

She scowls thinking about it. "Without a doubt."

I smile sheepishly, “I had other concerns like not getting shot in the face.  And when I was sure I wouldn’t get shot at, the bastard was already completely gone.”

"I see. If you see anything else like that tell me immediately."

I laugh, “Well I guess someone needs to do it.”

"It lets you travel, ensures fiscal security, and it's easier on the nostrils. While I do honor the dead, I've always worshiped Morr more in his role as the God of Dreams."

“Thanks...I think.”

She laughs. It's a sweet, musical tone.

“Well if you feel that strongly you could always ride on my shield.”  I lift the huge tower shield over my head like it’s the size of a buckler even though it was the size of most nobles’ beds.

She flips her hair and poses a bit. Tres sexy. "Very well. I accept. I shall lounge"

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bzzt3421 Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:29 pm

Brian Boru wrote:You mentioned doing so before so you got it.

Several days later you reach the ford with the wolves, after examining the land on both side you notice that there are plenty of tracks both human and split hooves, heading in both directions.  The freshest seem to be coming southward in your employers’ lands.
Freshest coming from or into? Either way follow the where the tracks are heading. Be quick but as stealthily possible.

bzzt3421

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:42 pm

He makes a face at the venison strips for an instant then he begins tearing into them like a starving man.  

Then he tells you his story.  He’d just recently begun his errantry serving the knight in the castle he just fled from.  However the knight had a lovely daughter he was keeping away from the rest of the world  and that is so wrong, no?  Well your boy could take this misdeed any more and ‘liberated’ the young lady and ‘plucked the flower’ so to speak.  Her father didn’t take it that well.  Now he has to figure out how to get back home without his armor and his former master ready to kill him.

Vargr Skarin

I wait for him to take a bite, strategically positioned to one side and ...

"Well, at least you used protection so there's little chance of her being in the family way after your little liaison. Might be a good idea to offer up a prayer or two regardless."

Brace for spit-take.

Though, in all fairness, he's got a bit of a problem, with what armor being impressively expensive and all.

"You're more or less doomed unless you do something stupidly brave and heroic and get a hefty purse by ways of reward, then."

Once we're done eating, and have probably torn through most of the venison given the kind of appetite he's showing and I likely now have, I'll get up and say I'm off to get some breakfast for the morrow and go hunting. Honestly not hoping for much more than a few rabbits this time, rather than getting lucky and tracking down a deer again. I'll also keep an eye out for any herbs/wild fruits or vegetables/mushrooms that the Skarin part of my hindbrain thinks are safe. 

Again, in hunting, I'll try to approach my prey as closely as I am able before pouncing. It'll be good practice in stalking things, which I imagine will come in handy down the road.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:15 pm

Inventory: 3 sets of working clothes, 7 sets of clothes, 2 high clothes, sea serpent cloak, 3 boots, sea serpent fang necklace

Ah, got to love super strengths and boons it can give one if one works with it. Smile

Heh

"Well my Jarl, I think you might be right with that idea even if you only speak in jest. Though I just hope I can find a women that can handle the burden of my children since each of them will be gifted with my strength.

Everyone’s eyes flash at that.

But I guess now is as good a time to start looking, since now I can provide both home and hearth to one I would call wife."

“Well there are certainly no shortage of that even here.”  The Jarl jokes, “But I could ask around if you were curious.”

An on that note I turn to the gathered ladies and start getting to know each of them one by one and see if any of they would make a good wife.

Well the conversations are a bit stillted with each and every one of them but Renee is the one you’re most comfortable with as you’ve known her the longest.  And you know for a fact that she knows how to manage a steading like this considering her background.

Welp, it appears that she is quite agreeable about the spar... well, enthusiastic may be abit understating it... I may have been a mite bit hasty in disavowing the use of my weapons... Oh well. :p

She’s getting the opportunity to try and thrash a human being...it’s a bit expected she’d enjoy it.

Hm, use my speed to get within the reach of the staff and try to grapple with her. Trying to keep get from using the staff as a blender, use feints to see if I can get her to try to strike at me and use that instant that she is attacking to close the distance in order to get within my reach and disarm her while at the same time preventing her from using the reach of her weapon as a leverage. Of course, I'll do my best to prevent permanent damage, both to myself and her, and her staff of course.

Well it becomes something of a game of dodge so long as you see it coming you dodge quite easily, the trick is seeing coming which you don’t often.  The strikes don’t seem to do a damn thing to you but they are still aggravating.

After maybe a minute of this you finally get in close enough to disarm her.  With the ease of a grown man taking something from the hands of an infant.

Money: 158g 16s

"Don't tell me you're done already."

He is.

I show them to the girl.

Well they certainly look impressive to her.

Works.

Alright

I smile. "I have larger plans and this is but a beginning."

He snorts, “How far do you plan to go lad?”

I find its better to be humble and generous for gold is cheap, but good will is a far more valuable treasure!

Smart move

I smile and nod.

kool

And my word was correct. He's crushed his enemies and protected his people with a minimum of bloodshed.

Yup

And then I move onto the north... what kind of greeting do I get in middenheim and what does the letter say?

Well it’s two hundred miles of road you’ll have to travel but you make pretty good time.  And as you get closer to Middenheim the more people stop and look at you.  It seems that rumor really IS faster than the speed of light.  By the time you reach Schoninghagen you are forced to stop.  Waiting there for you are representatives of the priests of Ulric.  When they see you they immediately recognize you from the stories about a man who killed thousands of beastmen with his bare hands.  The leader a grizzled priest of Ulric approaches you and looks you up and down, then at your weapons, “Well you certainly look the part...So what are you called boy?  I’d like to know the name of the man folk are calling Ulric come to the land of men.”

She scowls thinking about it. "Without a doubt."

I grimace and nod.

"I see. If you see anything else like that tell me immediately."

“Of course Father, the moment I see anything of that bastard you’ll be the first to know about it.”

"It lets you travel, ensures fiscal security, and it's easier on the nostrils. While I do honor the dead, I've always worshiped Morr more in his role as the God of Dreams."

“Sounds like a dream job there miss Cosmina....pun not intended...and I might have to agree with you...dreams are important...then again making sure the dead don’t walk is nothing to push aside either though.”

She laughs. It's a sweet, musical tone.

“You do that more often.  My own laugh sounds more like an orc high on mushrooms and kicked in the goolies.”

She flips her hair and poses a bit. Tres sexy. "Very well. I accept. I shall lounge"

If she means then I’ll lower my shield for her to perch on. “Then climb aboard my lady, your transportation awaits.”

If not then I smile and say, “Then I’ll be sure to carry you like so when we come back to camp on our victory march.”

Once our banter is over I turn back to the captain, “Well what areas HAVE you managed to rule out and we can work from there?”

Equipment: Shirt, combat harness, war-kilt, furred leggings, empty sack, brace of throwing axes.

You mentioned doing so before so you got it.

kool

Freshest coming from or into? Either way follow the where the tracks are heading. Be quick but as stealthily possible.

Into, you follow the tracks for half a day then you manage to stumble across a small camp of mauraders, at least 50 strong.  They are sitting and eating around several campfires.  They haven’t noticed yet but you notice several large hounds lolling around the edge of the camp, this seems to make the hackles of the giant wolves rise.

Rieverre wrote:Vargr Skarin

I wait for him to take a bite, strategically positioned to one side and …

"Well, at least you used protection so there's little chance of her being in the family way after your little liaison. Might be a good idea to offer up a prayer or two regardless."

Brace for spit-take.

That has him coughing and hacking. You might want to help him there.

Though, in all fairness, he's got a bit of a problem, with what armor being impressively expensive and all.

"You're more or less doomed unless you do something stupidly brave and heroic and get a hefty purse by ways of reward, then."

He coughs a bit though he mentions that the armor itself isn’t so bad...it’s admiting to his father who is acting castellan for Duke Theodoric of Brionne.  All the way on the coast.  Your current location where the duchies of Brionne, Aquitaine, and Quenelles meet is at least 150 miles away and that is only as the crow flies.  His father can pay for it well enough, it’s telling him what he did that is the problem as well as just getting to him.

Once we're done eating, and have probably torn through most of the venison given the kind of appetite he's showing and I likely now have, I'll get up and say I'm off to get some breakfast for the morrow and go hunting. Honestly not hoping for much more than a few rabbits this time, rather than getting lucky and tracking down a deer again. I'll also keep an eye out for any herbs/wild fruits or vegetables/mushrooms that the Skarin part of my hindbrain thinks are safe.

Again, in hunting, I'll try to approach my prey as closely as I am able before pouncing. It'll be good practice in stalking things, which I imagine will come in handy down the road.

As it so happens you manage to bag three rabbits and a few partridge for you hunt more than enough for the three of you though the young man is useless at this once again.

You also happen across a patch of wild blueberries as well.  More than enough for the both of you.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironforge Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:30 pm

Inventory: 3 sets of working clothes, 7 sets of clothes, 2 high grade clothes, sea serpent cloak, 3 boots, sea serpent fang necklace

“Well there are certainly no shortage of that even here.”  The Jarl jokes, “But I could ask around if you were curious.”
"That I well have to agree with, an thanks for the help Jarl as one can never be to carefully with picking who one should send the rest of one's life with."

Well the conversations are a bit stillted with each and every one of them but Renee is the one you’re most comfortable with as you’ve known her the longest.  And you know for a fact that she knows how to manage a steading like this considering her background.
Well I won't lie, her experience with running things in a stead would have a great value, but I just don't know if she would be right for the others things that would be needed of her too. Though for now I'll talk with her and see how things go.

"So Renee how has life been for you lately with the Kenna and the other shield maidens? Better then at the castle or just different? An have you been handling yourself alright with the training or do you feel their style of combat is not something that you can do well in? Also what do you think of the north now and it's people now that you have had a better chance to get to know that and how they live?" I ask with interest wondering how she has grown over the month and how things are effecting her.

As for the shield maidens, since we don't seem to have much to talk about now I'll try to break the ice and mood with talking about how to fight and kill things. Since if it worked in getting more accepted by them it should also make it easier for us to talk to each other and hopefully get to know each other better in other fields and what kinds of things they want in life and man. Though really most of my attention there is focused on Kenna, as her skill at arms and the strength seem to really draw me to her and I'm sure if by the way she acts that she knows this fact an abuses it fully since more times then not, she her blocks the actions of her sisters when she can to have more time.

"So Kenna, do you mind if I speak plainly with you?" Then once given the go ahead. "How can a women of your obvious skill at arms, beauty and drive, still be without a husband or lover? As for the life of me I can't see how you can have come to your age without one trying for that claim? As by all I know you should have to beat the men back with a axe just to get some breathing room, yet that is not the case." I speak plainly, as that question has be bugging me for a while now ever since I started to get to know the maiden.

An really for the rest of the night all I really do is try to get to know the ladies here better, get more comfortable around them and see if anything more then sexual tension can come of things.

Last edited by Ironforge on Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:20 pm; edited 7 times in total
Ironforge
Ironforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:41 pm

Vargr Skarin

That has him coughing and hacking. You might want to help him there.

Pat him on the back. _Gently_. I don't want to shatter and bones or such.

He coughs a bit though he mentions that the armor itself isn’t so bad...it’s admiting to his father who is acting castellan for Duke Theodoric of Brionne.  All the way on the coast.  Your current location where the duchies of Brionne, Aquitaine, and Quenelles meet is at least 150 miles away and that is only as the crow flies.  His father can pay for it well enough, it’s telling him what he did that is the problem as well as just getting to him.

I ask him how pissed off his father is likely to be, given the situation.

Then I say I was planning on traveling around the country anyway (entirely true ^^) so we might be able to help one-another out there. After all, people are less likely to go into fits of panicked screaming of 'Norscan!', pointing local militias and errants at me and such when I'm traveling with someone else without having already skinned, branded, eaten or violated them.

As it so happens you manage to bag three rabbits and a few partridge for you hunt more than enough for the three of you though the young man is useless at this once again.

You also happen across a patch of wild blueberries as well.  More than enough for the both of you.

Does he feel like learning? Not like we've got a whole lot else to do.

Hmm ... actually, I'll use some blueberries to tenderize the cuts of meat we'll want to eat right then rather than letting them smoke/cure a bit for later. They're acidic enough to soften up the tougher bits somewhat, and the sugar content means it'll likely caramelize nicely on the outside.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceraptor Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:47 pm

Brian Boru wrote:She’s getting the opportunity to try and thrash a human being...it’s a bit expected she’d enjoy it.

Heh, I'll bet. Of course, *this* human isn't so easy to thrash. *grin*

Well it becomes something of a game of dodge so long as you see it coming you dodge quite easily, the trick is seeing coming which you don’t often.  The strikes don’t seem to do a damn thing to you but they are still aggravating.

If I was a normal human I likely would have been sporting quite the few bruises or maybe a cracked or broken bone. But i'm not a normal human, so this just irritates me.

After maybe a minute of this you finally get in close enough to disarm her.  With the ease of a grown man taking something from the hands of an infant.

Well, that was that. Well, she's now had a first hand demonstration of my physical capabilities, dialed down as it were, so she should be rather more... well, respecting, of my capabilities, rather then just seeing the results she saw it first hand. That tends to give a whole 'nother perspective on things.

Though she may be abit miffed about how easily I took away her staff.

I step away from her and bow slightly. "Thank you for that, it was a nice break from the monotony of this trip." I smile slightly, handing back her staff.

Aceraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 32 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18 ... 32  Next