Giant Stompy Robots
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

+4
Rieverre
Ironforge
Psyckosama
Brian Boru
8 posters

Page 19 of 32 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 25 ... 32  Next

Go down

You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread - Page 19 Empty Re: You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

Post by Brian Boru Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:58 am

Aceraptor wrote:Name: Marcus Raynor
Coin: 211 Gold, 4 Silver
Rune Items: Bastard sword, battle axe
Apparel: Villager clothing

Well, good to have in mind.

Anyways, nothing to it but to continue our planned journey.

Roll a d100 and subtract two pennies.

bzzt3421 wrote:Name: Alexander 'Askeladd' Skarin
Rune Weapons: Bastard Sword and Norse feathered axe
Coin: 33 gold, 16 silver, 20 coppers
Equipment: Shirt, combat harness, war-kilt, Breast plate, furred leggings, Fine Steel bracers, fine steel greaves,  brace of throwing axes, Hochland Longrifle, metal nets.
Items: Well stocked healing kit, two man camping kit, book on healing, book on plants, book on herbalism, map of World, map of Kislev, map of Empire, map of Ostland, empty sack, climbing gear, rope and grapple, stocked supply cart and horses.
Faction: Empire: Ostland: Elector Count
Comrades: Piet(ten year old), 23 giant wolves(15 females, 11 male)

In hindsight, while trying to focus all the danger on myself may have been noble in theory, it was not the best of ideas. Definitely should have gotten the hunters' opinions on  how to handle this. Oh well, too late now. Rolling Eyes 

I start climbing faster while keeping an eye on the airborne parent, and ear towards the ground. Hopefully if the second parent shows up, everyone on the ground will shout a warning.

If the Hippogryph tries to attack, I stop climbing, steady myself, and start pelting the damn thing with my throwing axes. If it just flies off to get the second parent, I start hauling it. If it tries to attack the ground camp, I'll either jump down at the monster(if I judge the distance between where I am now, and the ground to be survivable with minimal injury), or I start throwing the axes at it, while rappelling down as fast as possible.

The Enraged Hippogriff makes a dive for you, but before it makes contact, a crack echos and a beast makes an agonizing shriek before it plummets to the ground.  Seems that string bean you hired was worth their pay.

Psyckosama wrote:Name: Not Yet Chosen
Are you ever?
Rune items: Sword and Axe (with lesser Daggers)
Faction: ME!
Leader: ME!
Money: 10157g 16s (10,000 more owed)

At least its serving the interests of the Dwarven people by butching their enemies enmass.

True

So, would you like to do that conversation?

Right this second?

"No, but the majority of the Empire is under that flawed assumption. Between you and I, I always questioned its authenticity based on its aesthetic."

His response...while respectful enough, can be boiled down to the cheese-like memory of manlings and the woes of it.

"I make no promises, but I don't want any of your people near it. I'm going to have to strike off the rune and then throw it with all my strength and pray that is enough. It is a risk, do not mistake."

"If you think you can do it then I will allow it."

"Easier for you who knows the mountains than I who will be stumbling about blind and ignorant to the land around me."

It pains him to admit that the mountains are not entirely theirs, and not just small swaths of it either.

"When I get to it, it will be done to the best of my ability, and my ability is great."

Amused snort.

So, about that beer?

Right this second?

Do not ask a king to repeat himself in his hall.

Wise move.

Anything else the others want to bring up?

Nothing to be asked a king.

Name: Skarin Beowulfsson
Equipment: Towershield and Spiked Battle-ax
Cash: 5029 GC 18 ss
Affiliation: Formerly Cult of Morr, currently of the Cult of Ulric
Companions: Cosmina formerly of Sylvania, Initiate to the Temple of Morr
Other Gear: Dwarven Rune Axe, book on Imperial History, book on Ulrician cult, man carrying gear.

Get to it then, lad!

"I'll see you later than."

There is much snarling to be made.

GRRR!

"We need a bone to throw them."

I think on that one for a moment.  "Random thought here.  Merely throwing out the first idea...  The Border Princes were actually a Province of the Empire at one time right?  The history book said so.  Lichtenberg right?  What stopping me from making that so again.  Find some second and third sons from Sigmarite Families to act as sublords.  Only problem would be to find someone to act as Elector Count."

"Or I could try to bring Marienburg back into the fold.  The Sigmarites constantly bellie ache over that one.  I heard as much when we passed through Reikland. Same problem for who to make Elector Count though...A Sigmarite makes things worse for us...hmmm...."

I look up the two men when I stop musing, "But if either you have better ideas then I'm all ears for them."

If either of them doubt I can do it then I remind them that I leaped into the dead center of Khazrak's camp, killed the bastard.  Tanked a dark blast from a likely VERY powerful bray-Shaman, and went on to kill him and 2000 other beast men....by the way what's the bounty on Khazrak's lackies that I killed?  I grin what I hope is rougeishly.

There's a frown.

"Sorry.  I might be ...honestly I'm still not sure WHAT the hell I am but I'm not perfect."

"Hm. I'll send my best with you then..."

"Thank-you, (My Lord/ Ar-Ulric(depending on who said that.))"

There is a chuckle from the Graf. "You do that. I will open one of my guest residences to you during your stay. Speak to my servants and you will be shown to the house."

Its one of the ones he reserves for the guests whom he does not want to stay in the palace, often for plausible deniable reasons.

I bow respectfully, "You are too kind my lord."

Once the conversation is over, I make sure to get the pay I earned from my hunt, take the share the smith earned to him, and help him get it to a secure position if he asks for the help.  Tell him it was a pleasure to work with him and I hope we can work together in the future.

Then on to Cosmina, I show her the reward money, tell her our new housing situation and tell her that we'll be going on that shoping trip whenever she wants.  "Also, I think it's high time I court you properly Honey.  When we finish with your shopping, I intend to take you on the best night of your life.  Of course I might need some help with NOT looking like a savage barbarian.  While I know you like it and it's dead useful in the forests, I don't think the uppercrust of Middenhiem would appreciate a shirtless barbarian who can singlehandedly diminish the manhood of an entire city being among them.  So I'd be in your complete debt my dear if you could help me out."

I smile at her.

Ironforge wrote:Name:
Cameron

Titles:
-The Wanderer
-High King
-Lord of the north
-Hammer of the North
-Wolf King
-The Strong

Rune items:
Gauntlets and Greaves(With dwarfs)

Time in Verse and date:
Year: 2219
Time: 7 months, 1 week

Faction:
True Norscans

High King

Personal Wealth:
1014 GP, 11 Sp, 6 Pp

Family:
Kenna:Wife, Queen of Norsca, Shield maiden

Vassals:
Jarl Ingvar Bloodscreamer: Adviser, Left hand of the King
Jarl Ulf Skullcracker: Battlermaster, Right hand of the King
Renee d'Artigen: Steward,

Retainers:
Urist Stonefist (Expert Stonemason) (20 Gp a month and housing)

People in personal holding:
Men: 900 (305 married)
Women: 305
Children: 605
Total: 1,210

Pack:
Winter Wolves:
Shadow: Wolf Alpha, Male, Winter wolf
Male: 6
Female: 6
Total: 12

Personal Holdings:
Raised hall x1
Stone wall x1
house x 600
Secondary stone wall with towers x1
Pier x1
Tertiary reinforced cement walls with towers x1

Personal Army:
Bondsmen: 600
-Axe and Board x300
-Great Weapon x200
-Archers x100
Total: 600

Inventory:
3 sets of working clothes, 7 sets of clothes, 2 high grade clothes, 3 boots, sea serpent fang necklace, set of King's clothes and cape x1

By Thor's beard, the 4 are pissed. As this might just be all the beastmen and every other resource they have in the surrounding area. As there is no other way a force this large could have gotten here otherwise. An damn, there is no way my men can join this battle and not die to the last. As there is just to many of them to deal with for them. An with what is coming, I can't afford to lose the men. So that just leave me one action left and damn, I really didn't expect to have to make this kind of choice so soon and risk it all so soon in the game. But damn am I going to get my men killed in this fight, when there lives can be spent better else where.

So after taking a deep breath to get my thoughts in order for what I am to do in now and for the task that is to come soon after it. I turn to my Hands and tell them to gather the other leaders, as I have orders to give that will decide the fate of our people here an this needed to have happen ten minutes ago. An so when they leave I pour myself a drink to help claim my nerves for what is to come and for what may be my last orders. So that once my men come back I can meet them with a strong front and one that they can take pride and respect in.

So once they have all gather in my tent again I turn to face then, Kingly in every respect that I can mange and say. "My Jarls. My brothers. By now I know you must have all heard what is between us and our homes and must having a inkling to as why. An so I know now is not the time for anything other then the plain true here and that true if we take the field here, we will all die and then the forces of chaos will march on our homes bring torch and the touch of there master to all of our kin.

But as damned as things look here there is still hope for us and a way for our people to weather this challenge. But that plan will most likely come at a cost that only I can pay, but will have will give the best chance for our people. So I order you my Jarls and you my Hands to quit this field and go around an by pass this force once I meet them on the field alone and get them to give chase for me. As we all know who this force is here to kill first and foremost, we all know who this force we give chase to kill first if given the choice. As the rage of the 4 will only be sated at this point with one thing.

So I will do my duty here so that we may all have the best chance of weather this storm. Though before we start to get things ready for this plan and put it in motion, I have something to say to you all and then to you my Hands Ingvar and Ulf in private. An So my people, I will just like to say that it has been a honor to fight with you all this season, a honor to have lead you all changing history for our people and for letting us do the work of All-Father Olric in his lands. So go with Olric my brothers and make ready for the coming storm."

There is silence for a while then one of the warriors comes forth.  "Were it our choice.  We would stand our ground with you.  To die with you, to enter the hall of Olric screaming, but you remind us of our duties elsehwere and as our king commands...we will go."  Then they make to get around that gigantic monstrosity of a horde.

Then once the others have left and it is just me and my Hands in my tent. "Ingvar. Ulf. I am sorry that we must part ways at this point. But know that even in this short time that I have know you to my friends, I am glad to have called you battle brother and have fought, drank and bled with you on this field. An though I don't go onto this field to die and only buy time for you to get by the beasts of the 4. I also know that there is a good chance that I will die this day. So to two you I will leave my my wife, to you two I will leave our people to care for if I should fall here. As I know you two can keep them together. So good bye for now my brothers in steel and sweat.

Though Olric willing, it will not be for long. So until next we meet my friends, may the All-Father by with you and may you die with honor."

Ulf is silent, but Ingvar says, "We'll do as you promise lad...but you'd better come back or else when we join you we'll make sure to kick your arse across Valhalla from then for all of eternity."

An with that I leave them and walk out to the field, past my men, past my pack you I tell to stay with the army and towards the horde of chaos in between us and our homes. An to the force of Chaos I scream. "Alright you mangy bastards, here I am Cameron the Wanderer! Cameron the High King! Cameron lord of the north! Cameron the Hammer of the North! Cameron the Wolf King! An Cameron the Strong! Is there enough of you fouls bastards to take me to your masters or is this the day you all die!?

An with that I charge at them, always moving, always striking at any and everything around me. Throwing strikes, people or creature every which way in there mists, clapping to deaf and stomping to break there footing so that they may never fight to there best and always arms deep in there ranks. Knowing that if I every truly stop or slow down there sheer numbers magics or foul blessing will over whelm me and take me down. An so I hold nothing back, always plowing through or skipping away from any spot. Releasing the full might of my runed arms and always targeting there casters and fastest units first, so as to make sure there is nothing that can get up with me or slow me down. Though after awhile I slowly start to lead them away from my men and further away. An I do this until my men are gone and until I either cripple there forces or I die.

And with that you charge into the center of that horde, your limbs blazing with power.  Your strikes plow through dozens of the beasts with every blow.  You're soon surrounded by a gigantic wave of the beasts but still you fight on, never tiring, never flagging.  Soon you are on a mountain of corpses, so high that you are half way up a giant.  When the giants do attempt to fight you it only take one or two blows before their skulls are crushed or their organs so ruined that they collapse dead.  Their bodies crushing hundreds below them.  For hours you continue to fight, the shamans and leaders dieing first under your fists while the others dies if they happen to be in the war.  

Not every attack can be stopped though.  Occasionaly a beast with a runed weapon will conect and leave a cut.  Not enough to slow you down but an injury it still is.  Blasts of magic still fire off before their firers are killed.  And they hurt, Jesus do they hurt.

It feels like an eternity and your limbs burn your body and even your soul hurts from the constant blasts and glancing strikes of the champions' weapons.  

But just when you feel ready to faint...something in the horde cracks.  Through blurred and agonized eyes you see that the beasts are running for it.  You won, you won you.........blackness takes you.

Rieverre wrote:Vargr Skarin

Gear: The usual, hunting spears

Loot: all of 4 silver's worth to his name

How does the bout with the other knight go?

About as expected, he's slower than the other man but hits harder, though that really matter little in the long run of things.

Good. We'll doubtlessly be picking up some females as we go along, but not weakening the local packs in that respect seems wise. Meet the eyes of as many of the larger gathering as I can and give a single, stern nod, as well as growl my thanks.

They show in respect in return.

I instruct them to find a place, or rather places given the pack's size, where they could rest undisturbed during the day. I also attempt to indicate to them that we are guests in this territory, and as such it is best not to provoke the Men living here. We will get out fill of the hunt and the kill shortly, and that hunt will be a long one, sure to challenge them and test their mettle, fang and claw, but a conflict here would be inadvisable as I am negotiating with the pack leader of these Men in their Den.

They get the picture and split up.

After that's done, I'll take one of the boars - or, if they've both been eaten, hunt a new one down - and bring it back to the castle.

You luck out, one of the boar was still in relatively good condition, only a few marks on the legs and throat but otherwise unharmed.

When you come in with the 200lb boar on your back many are surprised and ask what it was you did last night.

afterthought53 wrote:Name: Visorex Skarin
Rune Items: Bastard Sword, Bearded Axe
Money: 279 Gold, 4 silver, 0 copper

Army:
2 heavy Infantry
2 Men-at-Arms
2 Archers

Assets:
2 Riding Horse
100 Sheep
Small Iron Mine

Peasants Population: 20 families
Men: 27
Women: 25
Children: 61

Your attempt at calming and bending the beasts to your will seems to have sparked some courage in them and as one they roar and attack you in an attempt to quickly overwhelm and kill you.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread - Page 19 Empty Re: You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

Post by Psyckosama Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:16 am

Are you ever?

Probably.

True

Epic items like those always turn up when they can have the most impact.

Right this second?

As in have it so it happens after this one.

His response...while respectful enough, can be boiled down to the cheese-like memory of manlings and the woes of it.

I don't disagree. Egotism and lack of good record keeping leads to messes.

"If you think you can do it then I will allow it."

I'll try.

So, how does it go?

I take it to an isolated peek, have a chain attached to it, strike the rune and THROW IT AS FAR AS A I CAN AWAY FROM THE DAMNED DWARF HOLD!

Then I take cover.

Just in case

Psyckosama carried out 1 launched of one d100 :

It pains him to admit that the mountains are not entirely theirs, and not just small swaths of it either.

Speaking of which, are there any obnoxious dragons about that you would see struck down?

Amused snort.

Grin!

Right this second?

Not quite.

Wise move.

Not a fool.

Nothing to be asked a king.

Actually, there is one thing... would he allow me the honor of sharing a pint of ale with him?

Asked very respectfully

Other Gear: Dwarven Rune Axe, book on Imperial History, book on Ulrician cult, man carrying gear.

"I'll see you later than."

He shoos you out.

I think on that one for a moment.  "Random thought here.  Merely throwing out the first idea...  The Border Princes were actually a Province of the Empire at one time right?  The history book said so.  Lichtenberg right?  What stopping me from making that so again.  Find some second and third sons from Sigmarite Families to act as sublords.  Only problem would be to find someone to act as Elector Count."

"Mostly on paper. It was never really ours, though such a conquest would be valuable, but for the moment it is not worth the forces it would take to secure considering the threats to come."

"Or I could try to bring Marienburg back into the fold.  The Sigmarites constantly bellie ache over that one.  I heard as much when we passed through Reikland. Same problem for who to make Elector Count though...A Sigmarite makes things worse for us...hmmm...."

This makes his face light up. "Well lad, I'd personally speak in favor of the brave hero who brought that rebellious Provence back into the fold... and the coffers of Marienburg could hire quite the army should we be faced with the need."

I look up the two men when I stop musing, "But if either you have better ideas then I'm all ears for them."

The marienburg idea works justgreat... though the Ar-Ulric does jest unless you  manage to conquer norsca and drive out the chaos worshipers.

If either of them doubt I can do it then I remind them that I leaped into the dead center of Khazrak's camp, killed the bastard.  Tanked a dark blast from a likely VERY powerful bray-Shaman, and went on to kill him and 2000 other beast men....by the way what's the bounty on Khazrak's lackies that I killed?  I grin what I hope is rougeishly.

He'll throw an extra two thousand on top as a personal gift, along with... kneel boy.

"Sorry.  I might be ...honestly I'm still not sure WHAT the hell I am but I'm not perfect."

Nobody is to be honest.

"Thank-you, (My Lord/ Ar-Ulric(depending on who said that.))"

The Graf.

I bow respectfully, "You are too kind my lord."

He nods. You don't know if he's being respectful or agreeing with you Razz

Once the conversation is over, I make sure to get the pay I earned from my hunt, take the share the smith earned to him, and help him get it to a secure position if he asks for the help.  Tell him it was a pleasure to work with him and I hope we can work together in the future.

If ye keep paying like this laddie, you'll never be rid of me!"

Then on to Cosmina, I show her the reward money...

She takes one look, makes a high pitched squeeking sound, her eyes roll into the back of her head, and she faints.

tell her our new housing situation and tell her that we'll be going on that shoping trip whenever she wants.

Well, when she's awake and when you say that she starts to laugh like a madwoman!

"Also, I think it's high time I court you properly Honey.

"Honestly I don't care about that. Just wed me properly should I become with child."

When we finish with your shopping, I intend to take you on the best night of your life.  Of course I might need some help with NOT looking like a savage barbarian.  While I know you like it and it's dead useful in the forests, I don't think the uppercrust of Middenhiem would appreciate a shirtless barbarian who can singlehandedly diminish the manhood of an entire city being among them.  So I'd be in your complete debt my dear if you could help me out."

I smile at her.

To be honest, Empire fashion isn't her high point but she has a good eye. She'll do her best.[/quote]

Psyckosama
Admin

https://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by afterthought53 Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:30 am

Name: Visorex Skarin

Army:
2 heavy Infantry
2 Men-at-Arms
2 Archers

Assets:
2 Riding Horse
100 Sheep
Small Iron Mine

Your attempt at calming and bending the beasts to your will seems to have sparked some courage in them and as one they roar and attack you in an attempt to quickly overwhelm and kill you.
Allright, one more try before I cut my losses and kill them all. I'll attack them and see if I can't incapacitate them without killing them. If however, during any point in the scuffle, I feel that either my life or Williams life is in serious danger then the kiddie gloves come off and I'll go full power killing all the Chimeras as quickly as possible.
afterthought53
afterthought53

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceraptor Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:36 am

Name: Marcus Raynor
Coin: 211 Gold, 3 Silver

Brian Boru wrote:
Roll a d100 and subtract two pennies.

Right then, let's see what the RNG gives me this time.

Aceraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:36 am

The member 'Aceraptor' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd100' : 20

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironforge Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:50 am

Name:
Cameron

Titles:
-The Wanderer
-High King
-Lord of the north
-Hammer of the North
-Wolf King
-The Strong

Rune items:

Time in Verse and date:

Faction:
True Norscans

High King

Personal Wealth:
1014 GP, 11 Sp, 6 Pp

Family:

Vassals:

Retainers:

Pack:
Winter Wolves:

Personal Holdings:
Raised hall x1
Stone wall x1
house x 600
Pier x1

Personal Army:
-Axe and Board x300
-Great Weapon x200
-Archers x100

Inventory:
3 sets of working clothes, 7 sets of clothes, 2 high grade clothes, 3 boots, sea serpent fang necklace, set of King's clothes and cape x1

There is silence for a while then one of the warriors comes forth.  "Were it our choice.  We would stand our ground with you.  To die with you, to enter the hall of Olric screaming, but you remind us of our duties elsewhere and as our king commands...we will go."  Then they make to get around that gigantic monstrosity of a horde.
"I Know and that is way I made it a order, but if all goes well with my plan. You will hear from me again soon and if not, know that this horde will not harm our people. But until next we meet, I wish you well my friends and die well." I say as I watch them leave.

Ulf is silent, but Ingvar says, "We'll do as you promise lad...but you'd better come back or else when we join you we'll make sure to kick your arse across Valhalla from then for all of eternity."
Grinning at him and replying with humor . "Well damn Ingvar, why did you have go and ruin things here by saying that mate? As I was getting all ready for going out in a blaze of glory worthy of song and legend. As how many heroes can say they went slay almost a quarter million man army themselves?"

Then slacking my grin and being serious once more. "Well my friend I guess I'll just have to slay this army then and meet you back home for mead and whale steak. As two on one is just unfair.

So until I return keep our home safe my friends and make sure Tregyv doesn't do anything too foolish once he hears this news. As we all know how hot head members of his order can be sometimes." An with that I wave them good bye as well, as I leave.

And with that you charge into the center of that horde, your limbs blazing with power.  Your strikes plow through dozens of the beasts with every blow.  You're soon surrounded by a gigantic wave of the beasts but still you fight on, never tiring, never flagging.  Soon you are on a mountain of corpses, so high that you are half way up a giant.  When the giants do attempt to fight you it only take one or two blows before their skulls are crushed or their organs so ruined that they collapse dead.  Their bodies crushing hundreds below them.  For hours you continue to fight, the shamans and leaders dieing first under your fists while the others dies if they happen to be in the war.  
"By Thor's hammer there is a lot of you Blighters our here, though if your trying to kill me by putting me to sleep your doing a fine job of it you bastards. But then again, what can I really expect from cowards who don't have the will to fight against the four."

I say with all the bravado I can muster while I slaughter them left and right, as I can't let them see slacken or weaken in any way. As I know they have the numbers and forces here to kill me, but do they and in there lays my hope in getting through this alive. An so fight one laughing and making light of them while I kill and make light of there efforts. As I have a home to return too and a people to protect.

Not every attack can be stopped though.  Occasionaly a beast with a runed weapon will conect and leave a cut.  Not enough to slow you down but an injury it still is.  Blasts of magic still fire off before their firers are killed.  And they hurt, Jesus do they hurt.

It feels like an eternity and your limbs burn your body and even your soul hurts from the constant blasts and glancing strikes of the champions' weapons.  
Pain. By the Olric the pain. Oh how I thought I understood pain before, how I thought I knew what to expect here with this coming battle and the wounds I would take as I battle here. But this pain, it is nothing like the slow throbbing burn of a raw and overworked body, the pain of burns that melt the flesh and turn it into some much mush that drips off the body like wax or the sharp cutting pain of my flesh being cut by a blade. It was worse, far, far, far worse.

How naive I was to think that there weapons would only fill me with a mortal pain, a pain I could understand. I was a fool, as the weapons "blessed" by their master inflect not just a physical pain, but one I could feel on my soul. An that pain, that pain was something I could not even put into words. As how could one explain how it feels to loss a part of that, a part of ones self bit by bloody bit. As I felt them chip it away. As though I was to strong to fall to any one lucky strike of there great weapons of magic. The though ten that followed and the hundred after that and then the thousand after that let me experience how it felt to die piecemeal.

Though while I died bit by bit from there strikes. I fought on, as through it all I knew that to give in was to die, to let those who would lead and protect die in the same way. An that was something I would not allow, so I fought on, I fought when I just wanted to lay down and die, when I lost feeling in my arms, my legs, my chest and then my face. But still I fought on.

But just when you feel ready to faint...something in the horde cracks.  Through blurred and agonized eyes you see that the beasts are running for it.  You won, you won you.........blackness takes you.
Damn, it looks Ingvar and Ulf are going to kick my ass now, as I don't think am going to be able to get home now in the state I'm in now. An fuck Kenna is going to kill me again, once she finds out what I did here. But at least they are safe. An with that last thought, I fell, the energy that carried me through this battle, this pain and this lack of feeling finally gave out. As with nothing left to fight, I had no more reason to stand and if I didn't have a reason to stand. Then well I guess all I could do now was to fall.

But before it all fade from me and all I saw was the coming darkness for me and my last curtain call coming. I wondered, did I do enough? Did I give the people of the north a big enough chance to succeed, to thrive and to be their people own people once more? An with that I thought no more.
Ironforge
Ironforge

Back to top Go down

Post by bzzt3421 Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:59 am

Name: Alexander 'Askeladd' Skarin
Equipment: Shirt, combat harness, war-kilt, Breast plate, furred leggings, Fine Steel bracers, fine steel greaves, brace of throwing axes, Hochland Longrifle, metal nets.
Items: Well stocked healing kit, two man camping kit, book on healing, book on plants, book on herbalism, map of World, map of Kislev, map of Empire, map of Ostland, empty sack, climbing gear, rope and grapple, stocked supply cart and horses.

Brian Boru wrote:The Enraged Hippogriff makes a dive for you, but before it makes contact, a crack echos and a beast makes an agonizing shriek before it plummets to the ground. Seems that string bean you hired was worth their pay.
Looks like it.

Very nice shooting there. I'd tell him that myself, but I'm kind of busy climbing. With one parent taken care of, I keep moving towards the nest.

bzzt3421

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:21 am

Psyckosama wrote:Probably.

I'm rather curious now.

Epic items like those always turn up when they can have the most impact.

Heh

As in have it so it happens after this one.

Alright then.

I don't disagree. Egotism and lack of good record keeping leads to messes.

Doesn't he know it.

I'll try.

Later on that evening he takes you down to the deepest tunnels of Karaz-a-Karak, down at the bottom of the tunnel you find a heavily fortified door.  He opens the door and sitting at the center of the room is a crown made of some foul multicolored stone.  The feeling of pure evil is horrible.

I take it to an isolated peek, have a chain attached to it, strike the rune and THROW IT AS FAR AS A I CAN AWAY FROM THE DAMNED DWARF HOLD!

The foul thing begins to sputter and glow and eldritch electircity spark from it.  Then you hurl it until it becomes a tiny pinprick over the mountains towards the darklands.  Then a multicolored explosion blasts through the sky.  As big as a mountain.  It lights up the sky in a horrible light but fades with nare a sign of damage to the land of the living.

Speaking of which, are there any obnoxious dragons about that you would see struck down?

"Several."

Actually, there is one thing... would he allow me the honor of sharing a pint of ale with him?

Asked very respectfully

He's quiet for a while before he says that he might do that, once the day's done.

"Mostly on paper. It was never really ours, though such a conquest would be valuable, but for the moment it is not worth the forces it would take to secure considering the threats to come."

"Alright then you're the Elector Count and ar-Ulric, I'll bow to your greater experience."

This makes his face light up. "Well lad, I'd personally speak in favor of the brave hero who brought that rebellious Provence back into the fold... and the coffers of Marienburg could hire quite the army should we be faced with the need."

"And the young new Elector would be glad to be supportive of the Man who gave him his head start."

The marienburg idea works justgreat... though the Ar-Ulric does jest unless you  manage to conquer norsca and drive out the chaos worshipers.

We might want to wait until after the horde is cracked.

He'll throw an extra two thousand on top as a personal gift, along with... kneel boy.

I do so.

He nods. You don't know if he's being respectful or agreeing with you Razz

Heh

If ye keep paying like this laddie, you'll never be rid of me!"

"Now why would I want that?"

She takes one look, makes a high pitched squeeking sound, her eyes roll into the back of her head, and she faints.

Catch her before she hits the ground and get her somewhere comfortable.

Well, when she's awake and when you say that she starts to laugh like a madwoman!

"Living the high life darlin'.

"Honestly I don't care about that. Just wed me properly should I become with child."

I smile, "As a matter of fact I was already thinking on that, just didn't know your feelings on the matter."

To be honest, Empire fashion isn't her high point but she has a good eye. She'll do her best.

"If anyone has an issue, then they can take it up with me.  Just figured no point in provoking em TOO much."

Cameron

Titles:
-The Wanderer
-High King
-Lord of the north
-Hammer of the North
-Wolf King
-The Strong

Rune items:

Time in Verse and date:

Faction:
True Norscans

High King

Personal Wealth:
1014 GP, 11 Sp, 6 Pp

Family:

Vassals:

Retainers:

Pack:
Winter Wolves:

Personal Holdings:
Raised hall x1
Stone wall x1
house x 600
Pier x1

Personal Army:
-Axe and Board x300
-Great Weapon x200
-Archers x100

Inventory:

"I Know and that is way I made it a order, but if all goes well with my plan. You will hear from me again soon and if not, know that this horde will not harm our people. But until next we meet, I wish you well my friends and die well." I say as I watch them leave.

Noted.

Grinning at him and replying with humor . "Well damn Ingvar, why did you have go and ruin things here by saying that mate? As I was getting already for going out in a blaze of glory worthy of song and legend. As how many heroes can say they went slay at almost quarter million man army?" Then slacking my grin and being serious once more. "Well my friend I guess I'll just have to slay this army then and meet you back home for mead and whale steak. As two on one is just unfair. So until I return keep our home safe my friend and make sure Tregyv doesn't do anything to foolish once hears this news and we all know how hot head members of his order can be sometimes." An with that I wave them good bye as well, as I leave.

"Aye we will."

"By Thor's hammer there is a lot of you Blighters our here, though if your trying to kill me by putting me to sleep your doing a fine job of it you bastards. But then again, what can I really expect from cowards who don't have the will to fight against the four." I say with all the bravado I can muster while I slaughter them left and right, as I can't let them see slacken or weaken in any way. As I know they have the numbers and forces here to kill me, but do they and in there lays my hope in getting through this alive. An so fight one laughing and making light of them while I kill and make light of there efforts. As I have a home to return too and a people to protect.

You keep on fighting.

Pain. By the Olric the pain. Oh how I thought I understood pain before, how I knew what to expect here with this coming battle and the wounds I would take as I battle here. But this pain, it is nothing like the slow throbbing burn of a raw and overworked body, the pain of burns that melt the flesh and turn into some much mush that drips off the body like way or the sharp cutting pain of my flesh by cut by a blade. It was worse, far, far, far worse.

How naive I was to think that there weapons would only fill me with a mortal pain, a pain I could understand. I was a fool, as the weapons blessed by their master inflect not just a physical pain, but one I could feel on my soul. An that pain, that pain was something I could not even put into words. As how could one explain how it feels to loss a part of that, a part of ones self bit by bloody bit. As I felt them chip it away. As though I was to strong to fall to any one lucky strike of there great weapons of magic. The though ten that followed and the hundred after that and then the thousand after that let me experience how it felt to die piecemeal.

Though while I died bit by bit from there strikes. I fought on, as through it all I knew that to give in was to die, to let those who would lead and protect die in the same way. An that was something I would not allow, so I fought on, I fought when I just wanted to lay down and die, when I lost feeling in my arms, my legs, my chest and then my face. But still I fought on.

You fight on.

Damn, it looks Ingvar and Ulf are going to kick my ass now, as I don't think am going to be able to get home now in the state I'm in now. An fuck Kenna is going to kill me again, once she finds out what I did here. But at least they are safe. An with that last thought, I fell, the energy that carried me through this battle, this pain and this lack of feeling finally gave out. As with nothing left to fight, I had no more reason to stand and if I didn't have a reason to stand. Then well I guess all I could do now was to fall.

But before it all fade from me and all I saw was the coming darkness for me and my last curtain call coming. I wondered, did I do enough? Did I give the people of the north a big enough chance to succeed, to thrive and to be their people own people once more? An with that I thought no more.

PAIN.  pain is your first sensation.  No thought, no sight, no smell, just pain.

Slowly the pain subsides.  And sound returns, the howling of wind.

Then smell, rotting blood and flesh.

Then a line of light appears...then a bit more, shapes form...you stare an Ungor in the eye.  The eye is still in death.  Twitching eye, piles of dead beasts and trolls abound.  Finally though returns, you're alive.  You're in agonous pain, and you're battered, bloody, and bruised, but you're alive.

afterthought53 wrote:Name: Visorex Skarin

Army:
2 heavy Infantry
2 Men-at-Arms
2 Archers

Assets:
2 Riding Horse
100 Sheep
Small Iron Mine

Allright, one more try before I cut my losses and kill them all. I'll attack them and see if I can't incapacitate them without killing them. If however, during any point in the scuffle, I feel that either my life or Williams life is in serious danger then the kiddie gloves come off and I'll go full power killing all the Chimeras as quickly as possible.

This time it worked.  After a fierce scuffle, the beasts seem to give up.

[quote20[/quote]

Everything is silent for a long part of the journey, then you notice that some procession is coming along Northward.  It seems that some important noble is coming up the road.

Equipment: Shirt, combat harness, war-kilt, Breast plate, furred leggings, Fine Steel bracers, fine steel greaves,  brace of throwing axes, Hochland Longrifle, metal nets.

Looks like it.

Very nice shooting there. I'd tell him that myself, but I'm kind of busy climbing. With one parent taken care of, I keep moving towards the nest.

He nods in return.  When you reach the nest there are 4 eggs sitting in the nest.  What do you do with them?
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironforge Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:33 am

Name:
Cameron

Titles:
-The Wanderer
-High King
-Lord of the north
-Hammer of the North
-Wolf King
-The Strong

Rune items:

Time in Verse and date:

Faction:
True Norscans

High King

Personal Wealth:
1014 GP, 11 Sp, 6 Pp

Family:

Vassals:

Retainers:

Pack:
Winter Wolves:

Personal Holdings:
Raised hall x1
Stone wall x1
house x 600
Pier x1

Personal Army:
-Axe and Board x300
-Great Weapon x200
-Archers x100

Inventory:

PAIN.  pain is your first sensation.  No thought, no sight, no smell, just pain.

Slowly the pain subsides.  And sound returns, the howling of wind.

Then smell, rotting blood and flesh.

Then a line of light appears...then a bit more, shapes form...you stare an Ungor in the eye.  The eye is still in death.  Twitching eye, piles of dead beasts and trolls abound.  Finally though returns, you're alive.  You're in agonous pain, and you're battered, bloody, and bruised, but you're alive.

Am alive? Am alive. Am Alive! "BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! By Olric I am alive!

An ow, does it hurt more then I thought it would."

An really after that, all I do is just sit there basking in the glory of living through something by all rights should have got me killed and feeling the high of doing something grand and worthy of song. Though considering the state am in and how far I have to go to get home I spend a few more minutes resting a little bit before I slowly get up. Again feeling all the pains and injuries I gained in this last battle and just see what kind of state am in, before I get ready to head home. As depending on the state am in, I'll see if I can do more then just walk home. An then I'm off.

Though on the way home, I thank Olric for my current luck and give a prayer in thanks for it. While also right after laugh at the Fours failure in killing just one man.

Last edited by Ironforge on Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Ironforge
Ironforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceraptor Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:41 am

Brian Boru wrote:
Everything is silent for a long part of the journey, then you notice that some procession is coming along Northward.  It seems that some important noble is coming up the road.

Eh, nothing t it but to continue on our path. We'll see who it is soon enough at anyrate. We aren't doing anything wrong here, just going by our business. Though i guess they could ask who we are, oh well. What happens will happen.

Aceraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:41 am

Brian Boru wrote:I'm rather curious now.

I need a nice humble name...like Awesome McCoolguy Very Happy

Alright then.

Hint? I want to RP with the Runelord?

Doesn't he know it.

Long sigh.

Later on that evening he takes you down to the deepest tunnels of Karaz-a-Karak, down at the bottom of the tunnel you find a heavily fortified door.  He opens the door and sitting at the center of the room is a crown made of some foul multicolored stone.  The feeling of pure evil is horrible.

I grimace. "I'm going to need a bath once the deed has been done. Now, anyone have tongs? I know Wyrdstone when I see it. Lets attach a chain about that I may hold that to throw it and be rid of this foul thing."

The foul thing begins to sputter and glow and eldritch electircity spark from it.  Then you hurl it until it becomes a tiny pinprick over the mountains towards the darklands.  Then a multicolored explosion blasts through the sky.  As big as a mountain.  It lights up the sky in a horrible light but fades with nare a sign of damage to the land of the living.

I return to the Dwarves. "Aldric's madness has been destroyed for all time. Let it be remembered as a warning that it may never be repeated."

"Several."

I grin. "May I trouble you for a list?"

He's quiet for a while before he says that he might do that, once the day's done.

So, after the days done?

Hint again.

"Alright then you're the Elector Count and ar-Ulric, I'll bow to your greater experience."

"Might be a project for later, though considering how far south it is it probably would become another nest of Sigmarites. Or maybe Myrmidians."

"And the young new Elector would be glad to be supportive of the Man who gave him his head start."

There's a chuckle from both.

We might want to wait until after the horde is cracked.

True. Wait until they're weakest.

I do so.

He knights you and proclaims you a lord of Middenland.

He gives you a rather large chunk in the middle of the Drakwald to do with as you will.

It might not sound like much, but with your strength you could probably do much with it.

"Now why would I want that?"

"Bah! Keep that up and I may be forced to let you buy me a beer!"

Catch her before she hits the ground and get her somewhere comfortable.

The look on her face is hilarious.

"Living the high life darlin'.

You can hear the cha-ching!

I smile, "As a matter of fact I was already thinking on that, just didn't know your feelings on the matter."

"YES!"

"If anyone has an issue, then they can take it up with me.  Just figured no point in provoking em TOO much."

You go shopping. I will not torture you with the details, but up north velvet and fur are in.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bzzt3421 Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:00 am

Equipment: Shirt, combat harness, war-kilt, Breast plate, furred leggings, Fine Steel bracers, fine steel greaves, brace of throwing axes, Hochland Longrifle, metal nets.
Brian Boru wrote:
He nods in return. When you reach the nest there are 4 eggs sitting in the nest. What do you do with them?
And now I wish I had packed the sack full with straw. Live and learn. Opening the bag I brought up with me, I gently start taking the softer bits of the nest and placing them in the bag, then I take an egg and place it in the sack. After that I once again take more of the softer bits of the nest and cover the egg inside the bag. Then I place the next egg in the sack. Repeat for the last two, while taking occasion to look around in case the second parent stops by.

After the eggs are secured in the sack, carefully climb down and reunite with the group.

bzzt3421

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:06 am

Vargr Skarin

You luck out, one of the boar was still in relatively good condition, only a few marks on the legs and throat but otherwise unharmed.

When you come in with the 200lb boar on your back many are surprised and ask what it was you did last night.

I tell them I was out hunting and communing with nature. Pretty much the literal truth. ^^

Then the boar goes to the kitchens.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:19 am

Cameron

Titles:
-The Wanderer
-High King
-Lord of the north
-Hammer of the North
-Wolf King
-The Strong

Rune items:

Time in Verse and date:

Faction:
True Norscans

High King

Personal Wealth:
1014 GP, 11 Sp, 6 Pp

Family:

Vassals:

Retainers:

Pack:
Winter Wolves:

Personal Holdings:
Raised hall x1
Stone wall x1
house x 600
Pier x1

Personal Army:
-Axe and Board x300
-Great Weapon x200
-Archers x100

Inventory:

Am alive? Am alive. Am Alive! "BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! By Olric I am alive!

An ow, does it hurt more then I thought it would."

An really after that, all I do is just sit there basking in the glory of living through something by all rights should have got killed and feeling the high of doing something grand and worthy of song. Though considering the state am in and how far I have to get home I spend a few more minutes resting a little bit before I slow get up. Again feeling all the pains and injuries I gain in this last battle and just see what kind of state am in, before I get ready to head home. As depending on the state am in I'll seeing if I can do more then just walk home. An then I'm off.

Though on the way home, I thank Olric for my current luck and give a prayer in thanks for it. While also right after laugh at the Fours failure in killing just one man.  

After several hours of trying to get up, you finally find the force of will and the strength to get your carcass off the ground and get moving.

Looking around you see corpses as far as the eye can see.

Sighing you find a broken spear shaft for a walking stick and slowly move your way along.

Roll d100

Eh, nothing t it but to continue on our path. We'll see who it is soon enough at anyrate. We aren't doing anything wrong here, just going by our business. Though i guess they could ask who we are, oh well. What happens will happen.

As you walk down the road, the procession comes closer, you see a banner with a gold winged horse with a black background.

With over 20 knights around them, there is small group of women.  It seems that the Duke of Parravon's daughter is riding up to Montfort.  As you approach one of the knights rides up and demands that you get to the side though though he pales when he spots the elf with you.

Psyckosama wrote:I need a nice humble name...like Awesome McCoolguy Very Happy

Seriously?

Hint? I want to RP with the Runelord?

Ah, alright then.   A day later a runelord, one of the best in Everpeak, comes to examine the ax and sword.  He stares in stunned shock.

"Where did you find this?"

I grimace. "I'm going to need a bath once the deed has been done. Now, anyone have tongs? I know Wyrdstone when I see it. Lets attach a chain about that I may hold that to throw it and be rid of this foul thing."

He hands you the equipment.

I return to the Dwarves. "Aldric's madness has been destroyed for all time. Let it be remembered as a warning that it may never be repeated."

Don't have to tell them.

I grin. "May I trouble you for a list?"

Most of them are in the far North, roughly parrallel to Kislev.

So, after the days done?

Hint again.

Why do you want to drink with him so badly?

Anyway in a smaller alcove by the throne room, you find the king, sans armor and crown sitting with a pair of tankers ready for drinking.

Titles: Lord of a part of the Drakwald
Cash: 7029 GC 18 ss
Companions: Cosmina formerly of Sylvania, Initiate to the Temple of Morr, now fiancee
Other Gear: Dwarven Rune Axe, book on Imperial History, book on Ulrician cult, man carrying gear, noble outfit in Northern Style.

"Might be a project for later, though considering how far south it is it probably would become another nest of Sigmarites. Or maybe Myrmidians."

"True."

True. Wait until they're weakest.

Heh

He knights you and proclaims you a lord of Middenland.

He gives you a rather large chunk in the middle of the Drakwald to do with as you will.

It might not sound like much, but with your strength you could probably do much with it.

"....by the Wolf Father's....I'm...I don't know what to say other than thank -you, and I'll do my best to make your trust in me worth it."

"Bah! Keep that up and I may be forced to let you buy me a beer!"

"And what an honor that will be!"  I laugh.

The look on her face is hilarious.

And adorable.

"YES!"

I pick her up and kiss her.

And before I forget I tell her about my knighthood AND my new...holdings..."How does Lady Beowulfsson sound to you Cosmina?"

You go shopping. I will not torture you with the details, but up north velvet and fur are in.

Then Fur a Velvet it is.  And how does that evening go?

And now I wish I had packed the sack full with straw. Live and learn. Opening the bag I brought up with me, I gently start taking the softer bits of the nest and placing them in the bag, then I take an egg and place it in the sack. After that I once again take more of the softer bits of the nest and cover the egg inside the bag. Then I place the next egg in the sack. Repeat for the last two, while taking occasion to look around in case the second parent stops by.

After the eggs are secured in the sack, carefully climb down and reunite with the group.

It successful and you make your way down the cliff.  Just in time for the other parent to come howling down on you.

I tell them I was out hunting and communing with nature. Pretty much the literal truth. ^^

....didn't expect you to be like a Jade Wizard....

Then the boar goes to the kitchens.

And it's greatly appreciated.

If you plan to go with young Morti then what do you do until he leaves in a week and a half?
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:09 pm

Vargr Skarin

....didn't expect you to be like a Jade Wizard....

Hey, it was the literal truth. ^^

And it's greatly appreciated.

If you plan to go with young Morti then what do you do until he leaves in a week and a half?

Get better with my polearm in the morning, peruse the castle library in the afternoons, and set aside a few hours ever evening/night to go out into the woods and hang with the pack.

Other than that, whatever happens to pop up.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironforge Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:59 pm

Name:
Cameron

Titles:
-The Wanderer
-High King
-Lord of the north
-Hammer of the North
-Wolf King
-The Strong

Rune items:

Time in Verse and date:

Faction:
True Norscans

High King

Personal Wealth:
1014 GP, 11 Sp, 6 Pp

Family:

Vassals:

Retainers:

Men: 600 (305 married)
Total: 1,510

Pack:
Winter Wolves:

Personal Holdings:
Raised hall x1
Stone wall x1
house x 600
Pier x1

Personal Army:
-Axe and Board x300
-Great Weapon x200
-Archers x100

Inventory:

After several hours of trying to get up, you finally find the force of will and the strength to get your carcass off the ground and get moving.

Looking around you see corpses as far as the eye can see.

Sighing you find a broken spear shaft for a walking stick and slowly move your way along.

Roll d100
Well this is going to be a long walk.
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4142570/

1d100 → [56] = (56)
Ironforge
Ironforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:34 pm

Brian Boru wrote:Seriously?

Of course not.

Ah, alright then.   A day later a runelord, one of the best in Everpeak, comes to examine the ax and sword.  He stares in stunned shock.

"Where did you find this?"

"Gift from my father," I reply calmly. "And to my knowledge they were not of the dwarfs."

He hands you the equipment.

Taken.

Don't have to tell them.

This is normally thep oint you say something profound... who am I to break with tradition."

Most of them are in the far North, roughly parrallel to Kislev.

Ah. Maybe later then

Why do you want to drink with him so badly?

It's characterful.

Anyway in a smaller alcove by the throne room, you find the king, sans armor and crown sitting with a pair of tankers ready for drinking.

I join him for a nice calm beer and drink to his health.

Companions: Cosmina formerly of Sylvania, Initiate to the Temple of Morr, now fiancee
Other Gear: Dwarven Rune Axe, book on Imperial History, book on Ulrician cult, man carrying gear, noble outfit in Northern Style.

"....by the Wolf Father's....I'm...I don't know what to say other than thank -you, and I'll do my best to make your trust in me worth it."

"Bah. Build a grand city so I may tax it and we'll be fine."

He laughs.

"And what an honor that will be!"  I laugh.

"I like you manling!"

And adorable.

And she'll swear to her dying day this never happened. RIGHT?

I pick her up and kiss her.

Zero resistance.

And before I forget I tell her about my knighthood AND my new...holdings..."How does Lady Beowulfsson sound to you Cosmina?"

"Good to me!"

Then Fur a Velvet it is.  And how does that evening go?

Roll d100 Smile

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceraptor Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:08 pm

Brian Boru wrote:As you walk down the road, the procession comes closer, you see a banner with a gold winged horse with a black background.

With over 20 knights around them, there is small group of women.  It seems that the Duke of Parravon's daughter is riding up to Montfort.  As you approach one of the knights rides up and demands that you get to the side though though he pales when he spots the elf with you.

Interesting. Quite interesting. Perhaps Parravon Duke wants to see if he can match his daughter with someone in Montfort? Eh, none of my business. I'll just heed the demand. Its not like I'm looking for a fight. Though... I do make sure to watch for any surprises or ambushes. This procession would make a tempting target for others.

Aceraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:34 pm

Hey, it was the literal truth. ^^

True

Get better with my polearm in the morning, peruse the castle library in the afternoons, and set aside a few hours ever evening/night to go out into the woods and hang with the pack.

Other than that, whatever happens to pop up.

Amazingly little else happened until it's time to leave.  While most folks are interested, your brutal Norscan appearence makes most folk keep their distance.

Anything you wish to say before you head north with the young man?

Cameron

Titles:
-The Wanderer
-High King
-Lord of the north
-Hammer of the North
-Wolf King
-The Strong

Rune items:

Time in Verse and date:

Faction:
True Norscans

High King

Personal Wealth:
1014 GP, 11 Sp, 6 Pp

Family:

Vassals:

Retainers:

Pack:
Winter Wolves:

Personal Holdings:
Raised hall x1
Stone wall x1
house x 600
Pier x1

Personal Army:
-Axe and Board x300
-Great Weapon x200
-Archers x100

Inventory:

Well this is going to be a long walk.
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4142570/

1d100 → [56] = (56)

For the first several days there is little trouble, but you begin to grow hungry.  As you follow a river south you stumble across a track of something damn huge.  A boar of some sort if you had to guess.  You want to follow?

Psyckosama wrote:Rune items: Sword and Axe (with lesser Daggers)

"Gift from my father," I reply calmly. "And to my knowledge they were not of the dwarfs."

"Who WAS you father?  How did he get something like this?"

This is a runesmith, they're a little out of the loop besides their work.

This is normally thep oint you say something profound... who am I to break with tradition."

Heh

It's characterful.

Ah

I join him for a nice calm beer and drink to his health.

He thanks you for the well wishes.  Then he asks you, for personal curiosity, why you're so willing to help?

"Bah. Build a grand city so I may tax it and we'll be fine."

He laughs.

I laugh with him, "I'll be sure do that."

Then I head on my way after getting a map in order to get a good idea where this is.

"I like you manling!"

"The feeling is mutual."  Then I head on my way.

And she'll swear to her dying day this never happened. RIGHT?

Smile and nod.

Zero resistance.

Heh...giggity.

"Good to me!"

"And to me as well!"

Roll d100 Smile

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4142827/

1d100 → [33] = (33)

Interesting. Quite interesting. Perhaps Parravon Duke wants to see if he can match his daughter with someone in Montfort? Eh, none of my business. I'll just heed the demand. Its not like I'm looking for a fight. Though... I do make sure to watch for any surprises or ambushes. This procession would make a tempting target for others.

Nothing seems to happen while you wait for the procession to go by though you notice that the young daughter of the Duke of Parravon, a lovely young woman with blonde hair and green eyes,  spots you and watches you for a while before talking with one of the ladies riding beside her then giggling about something then riding on.

That evening as you're making camp the sound of hoofbeats thunder down the road from you towards the North.  Looking up you see that it's a knight, possibly one of the ones riding with the young lady.  Thing is, he bloody, battered, and some crude arrows are peppered in his horse's sides.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:41 pm

Vargr Skarin

Amazingly little else happened until it's time to leave. While most folks are interested, your brutal Norscan appearence makes most folk keep their distance.

That suits me just fine.

Anything you wish to say before you head north with the young man?

I go thank the Duke for his hospitality, but other than that, I think I'm good.

Not much more to speak to anyone about. I'll let the wolves know about the time of departure a few days before we're supposed to set off, so they can follow along.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironforge Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:45 pm

Name:
Cameron

Titles:
-The Wanderer
-High King
-Lord of the north
-Hammer of the North
-Wolf King
-The Strong

Rune items:

Time in Verse and date:

Faction:
True Norscans

High King

Personal Wealth:
1014 GP, 11 Sp, 6 Pp

Family:

Vassals:

Retainers:

Pack:
Winter Wolves:

Personal Holdings:
Raised hall x1
Stone wall x1
house x 600
Pier x1

Personal Army:
-Axe and Board x300
-Great Weapon x200
-Archers x100

Inventory:

For the first several days there is little trouble, but you begin to grow hungry.  As you follow a river south you stumble across a track of something damn huge.  A boar of some sort if you had to guess.  You want to follow?
Well isn't that a just a spot of good luck, in finding this river and tracks. As I was starting to think I might just drop to hunger here, which after dealing with the whole army thing would have be a sorry way to die.

So after getting a drink from the river to take the edge off my thirst and hunger, I look to see if there is any fish in the river. Then when I fail to spot some I undress and wade in there to the middle before clapping as hard as I can underwater to check. As if there are fish here this should work like grenade fishing and if not then I didn't lose much time an cleaned myself off. Then after that I either sit down and enjoy some fish over a fire or head after those tracks for game. As I will be damned if I going to die of hunger here.
Ironforge
Ironforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceraptor Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:49 pm

Brian Boru wrote:Nothing seems to happen while you wait for the procession to go by though you notice that the young daughter of the Duke of Parravon, a lovely young woman with blonde hair and green eyes,  spots you and watches you for a while before talking with one of the ladies riding beside her then giggling about something then riding on.

That evening as you're making camp the sound of hoofbeats thunder down the road from you towards the North.  Looking up you see that it's a knight, possibly one of the ones riding with the young lady.  Thing is, he bloody, battered, and some crude arrows are peppered in his horse's sides.

*sigh* Thought this might happen. Well, time to see if there's anything to salvage.

"Well, looks like the greenskins probably ambushed that little procession." I say to Kyra with a grimace.

I turn and head towards the knight, probably will have to catch him if he starts falling. Now to question him about what happened. Oh, and watch for any pursuit.

Last edited by Aceraptor on Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

Aceraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by bzzt3421 Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:09 pm

Brian Boru wrote:It successful and you make your way down the cliff. Just in time for the other parent to come howling down on you.

I want to be sure, I'm on the ground? Or am I still climbing down?

If the first, carefully set the sack down, and then take a couple of the axes and throw them full strength at the Angry Bird.

If the later, trust in the hunters, but be prepared to jump back up the cliff.

bzzt3421

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:27 am

"Who WAS you father?  How did he get something like this?"

After extracting an oath to keep it secret until it become public knowlidge... I look ah him, and in a deadpan voice say "Ulric. If you don't believe me, as the king and the priests accompanying me."

This is a runesmith, they're a little out of the loop besides their work.

True.

And I pull out my dagger and hand it to him. "You have this for a year and a day or when I come back for it, whichever is the longer span. Think you can learn from it?"

He thanks you for the well wishes.  Then he asks you, for personal curiosity, why you're so willing to help?

"We let our differences divide us. But in the end, we are all sons to our mothers, brothers to our siblings, husbands to our wives, fathers to our children. We love, he hate, we laugh, we cry. We enjoy a good drink, find contentment in a fine day, and we both are angered by injustice. These are the things that make us people, this innate goodness that we all share. I try not to see people as dwarfs and men, elves and halflings... I try and see people as people first, every life a gem... entirely unique in its cut and color, unmatched in luster. Literally beyond value every one. Every one worth fighting for."

I take a deep drag of my ale. "I do what I can to help others. I believe everyone should simply do what they can. Know their limits, push those limits if they feel comfortable to do so, and play to their strengths. It's all I'll ever ask anyone from the greatest king to the most humble of beggars. If you can accomplish great deeds, then do them with pride. If you are not capable of much, then do something small, because a million little people doing a million little things can change the world for the better in ways that the great actions of a great man never could," I give a momentary pause, "I just happen to be very capable."

I laugh with him, "I'll be sure do that."

There's another laugh.

Then I head on my way after getting a map in order to get a good idea where this is.

Get me a map of middenland and I'll mark it out for ye.

"The feeling is mutual."  Then I head on my way.

Boisterous laughter as you leave

Smile and nod.

Good.
1d100 → [33] = (33)

Well, a couple of snitty southerners give you some looks and everyone seems to wonder who you are that the Graf seems to like you so much... But no real trouble

Honestly the worst you get are looks for you and cosmina being ethnically norskin and sylvanian respectfully.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:28 am

I go thank the Duke for his hospitality, but other than that, I think I'm good.

He was glad to have you as a guest.  You're an incredibly interesting individual.

Not much more to speak to anyone about. I'll let the wolves know about the time of departure a few days before we're supposed to set off, so they can follow along.

And off you go north to Artois.  The wolves lopping along with you through the forests though they make sure they're out of sight.

Roll a d100

Cameron

Titles:
-The Wanderer
-High King
-Lord of the north
-Hammer of the North
-Wolf King
-The Strong

Rune items:

Time in Verse and date:

Faction:
True Norscans

High King

Personal Wealth:
1014 GP, 11 Sp, 6 Pp

Family:

Vassals:

Retainers:

Pack:
Winter Wolves:

Personal Holdings:
Raised hall x1
Stone wall x1
house x 600
Pier x1

Personal Army:
-Axe and Board x300
-Great Weapon x200
-Archers x100

Inventory:

Well isn't that a just a spot of good luck, in finding this river and tracks. As I was starting to think I might just drop to hunger here, which after dealing with the whole army thing would have be a sorry way to die.

Heh heh

So after getting a drink from the river to take the edge off my thirst and hunger, I look to see if there is any fish in the river. Then when I fail to spot some I undress and wade in there to the middle before clapping as hard as I can underwater to check. As if there are fish here this should work like grenade fishing and if not then I didn't lose much time an cleaned myself off. Then after that I either sit down and enjoy some fish over a fire or head after those tracks for game. As I will be damned if I going to die of hunger here.

Although you didn't spot any fish on your first examination of the river, after you clap, fish begin to rise up to the surface, either dead or stunned.

More than enough for a meal, though you still feel hungry afterward.

*sigh* Thought this might happen. Well, time to see if there's anything to salvage.

"Well, looks like the greenskins probably ambushed that little procession." I say to Kyra with a grimace.

“Somehow I'm not surprised in the slightest.”

I turn and head towards the knight, probably will have to catch him if he starts falling. Now to question him about what happened. Oh, and watch for any pursuit.

You make to him just in time because he begins to lose his balance and fall out of his seat.  You manage to catch him in time, but as you're laying him down, you can hear the howling of wolves and the gibbering of goblins.  Seems the poor sap DID have pursuers.

I want to be sure, I'm on the ground? Or am I still climbing down?

Still climbing down.

If the later, trust in the hunters, but be prepared to jump back up the cliff.

As you cling to the cliff-side you hear that cracking thunder again and you see that the other beast is dropping to join it's partener.  The stringbean  seems to have earned their pay again.

Psyckosama wrote:Rune items: Sword and Axe (with lesser Daggers)

After extracting an oath to keep it secret until it become public knowledge... I look at him, and in a deadpan voice say "Ulric. If you don't believe me, as the king and the priests accompanying me."

He looks at you...then nods, anyone with something that insane of a boast is either mad or they're telling the truth.  So...what do you want to know about these runes?

And I pull out my dagger and hand it to him. "You have this for a year and a day or when I come back for it, whichever is the longer span. Think you can learn from it?"

He studies it, amazed at the runes carved into the thing...He mutters, squinting with one eye, then the other, then running his fingers over the runes.... “Yes I think I can.”

"We let our differences divide us. But in the end, we are all sons to our mothers, brothers to our siblings, husbands to our wives, fathers to our children. We love, he hate, we laugh, we cry. We enjoy a good drink, find contentment in a fine day, and we both are angered by injustice. These are the things that make us people, this innate goodness that we all share. I try not to see people as dwarfs and men, elves and halflings... I try and see people as people first, every life a gem... entirely unique in its cut and color, unmatched in luster. Literally beyond value every one. Every one worth fighting for."

I take a deep drag of my ale. "I do what I can to help others. I believe everyone should simply do what they can. Know their limits, push those limits if they feel comfortable to do so, and play to their strengths. It's all I'll ever ask anyone from the greatest king to the most humble of beggars. If you can accomplish great deeds, then do them with pride. If you are not capable of much, then do something small, because a million little people doing a million little things can change the world for the better in ways that the great actions of a great man never could," I give a momentary pause, "I just happen to be very capable."

The king is silent for a long while seeming to take in all that you said to him.  “Lad, that was very well said.  And it seems that you have a bit of the dreamer in ye, that's rare, very rare in this world.  Most times it's battered out of someone before their milk teeth fall out, if they ever had it.  You, you've somehow kept that.  Hold onto that lad, hold it tight and be ready to fight hard, and you'll go very far indeed.”

You continue to drink with amiable companionship for a while before the two of you go to bed.  Anything you want to say or do?

Get me a map of middenland and I'll mark it out for ye.

“Will this work?”

http://windsofchaos.com/wp-content/uploads/maps/fullcol/Middenland-full-chuck.jpg

Well, a couple of snitty southerners give you some looks and everyone seems to wonder who you are that the Graf seems to like you so much... But no real trouble

Honestly the worst you get are looks for you and cosmina being ethnically norskin and sylvanian respectfully.

If that's the worst that happens then fuck 'em they ain't ruining our night so I just ignore them.  Unless they specifically ask about me, I'll tell them I did a favor and now I'm celebrating a job well done.  Nothing more, nothing less.  While I dine I tell Cosmina that before we move in to our new holdings  I might need to do some extermination.  I tell her that I'm going to be doing some beast hunting.  I'll be gone for exactly a month before I come back and take her with me.  In the meantime I'm trusting her with my money to prepare to set up a new holding in the Drakwald.  Buy what you think we might need, ask folks for advice.  Consider  it practice for being a lady of the house.  “You think you'll be alright?”

Then we head to the new housing that the Graf set up for us to spend the night.

The next day I'll see both the Graf and the Ar-Ulric if there's anything else they need of me before I prepare to head out for my reaving.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceraptor Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:35 am

Brian Boru wrote:“Somehow I'm not surprised in the slightest.”

"Well, nothing to it but to kill us some greenskins." I shrug.

You make to him just in time because he begins to lose his balance and fall out of his seat.  You manage to catch him in time, but as you're laying him down, you can hear the howling of wolves and the gibbering of goblins.  Seems the poor sap DID have pursuers.

Well, time to kill off the pursuit. I'll leave this knight to Kyra's care and then rush out to face the pursuers. Unsheathing my weapons I'll make quick work of the goblins. Making sure none of them get away. I do however try to keep a few Giant Wolves alive, they may be useful if I can make them submit to me. In any case, time for another slaughter.

After the bloody work is done, I'll head over to the knight and question him about what happened and where the rest of the procession is.

After the questioning, we'll set out to rescue any survivors. Oh, and make sure to give the knight as best care we can, don't want him dying on us.

Aceraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by bzzt3421 Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:38 am

Items: Well stocked healing kit, two man camping kit, book on healing, book on plants, book on herbalism, map of World, map of Kislev, map of Empire, map of Ostland, sack filled with four eggs plus nest, climbing gear, rope and grapple, stocked supply cart and horses.

Brian Boru wrote:Still climbing down.

As you cling to the cliff-side you hear that cracking thunder again and you see that the other beast is dropping to join it's partener.  The stringbean  seems to have earned their pay again.

Yeah that guy is definitely worth the money.

Continue down the cliff, and join up with the rest of them. After that, ask the hunters whether we need to leave in order to preserve the eggs, or whether we can continue hunting.

Last edited by bzzt3421 on Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:47 am; edited 1 time in total

bzzt3421

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironforge Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:52 am

Name:
Cameron

Titles:
-The Wanderer
-High King
-Lord of the north
-Hammer of the North
-Wolf King
-The Strong

Rune items:

Time in Verse and date:

Faction:
True Norscans

High King

Personal Wealth:
1014 GP, 11 Sp, 6 Pp

Family:

Vassals:

Retainers:

Pack:
Winter Wolves:

Personal Holdings:
Raised hall x1
Stone wall x1
house x 600
Pier x1

Personal Army:
-Axe and Board x300
-Great Weapon x200
-Archers x100

Inventory:

Although you didn't spot any fish on your first examination of the river, after you clap, fish begin to rise up to the surface, either dead or stunned.

More than enough for a meal, though you still feel hungry afterward.
Man, I love how super strength makes fishing a breeze. An with this river here I should have a much easier time getting back home or at least to another town or village. As places like that generally crop up around a river like this or if I don't luck out that way at least it will lead me to the coast, which would help in finding a coastal port.

So yeah, I'm going be sticking to this river and following it out to the coast towards home. An while traveling this way I'll bath, drink and eat my fill day in and day out to help speed up my recovery, so that hopefully in a few days I can be up for some running again. Though through out my entire time traveling by river side, I make sure to be on the look out for signs of other people in the area. So that if I can spot some, I can deal with them and hopefully maybe get some better directions or get told where I am and how much further I need to go to get home.

Last edited by Ironforge on Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Ironforge
Ironforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:55 am

Vargr Skarin

And off you go north to Artois. The wolves lopping along with you through the forests though they make sure they're out of sight.

Insert Yet Another Not-NZ Travel Montage. Still with actual horse (thankyou Mort).

Roll a d100

[roll=d100]1[/d100]
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:56 am

Rieverre carried out 1 launched of one d100 :
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 32 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 25 ... 32  Next