Giant Stompy Robots
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

+4
Rieverre
Ironforge
Psyckosama
Brian Boru
8 posters

Page 28 of 32 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next

Go down

You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread - Page 28 Empty Re: You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

Post by Psyckosama Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:42 am

Brian Boru wrote:She shrugs, she'll see what he can do in Marienburg.

Fair enough.

...dammit...alright we'll go with Roh and Da since part of the challenge was supposed to have been getting started but since you already are....

Still have those other points to spend on top of it

What the hell... lets see what comes up.

Psyckosama carried out 1 launched of one d100 :

Indeed.

"So how are the playwrites going to be dramatizing this one?"

I grin.

If they're seen rebelling against Sigmar come again and the Son of Ulric, it won't end well.  Also they're merchent men not fighters, making money is their thing, don't hurt their purses and they won't kick too much.   Also enough force should shock them enough to be too confused to resist well enough.

"I'm thinkign we need shock and awe. There's plenty of them with enough dirty laundry that it'll shake the old world to the core. Heads will roll and we're going to be the ones to separate them"

Name: Skarin Beowulfsson
Titles: Future Elector Count of the Westerlands and Marienburg, Lord of a part of the Drakwald, Chosen of Ulric, Called Dwarf Friend by Rune Master Thorek Ironbrow.
Equipment: Towershield and Spiked Battle-ax
Cash: 6989 GC 18 ss
Affiliation: Formerly Cult of Morr, currently of the Cult of Ulric
Companions: Cosmina formerly of Sylvania, Initiate to the Temple of Morr, now fiancee;  Fuck Huge Winter Wolf (Fenris).
Other Gear: Book on Imperial History, book on Ulrician cult, man carrying gear, noble outfit in Northern Style

"Ah, I think I heard of him when I was heading up to Middenheim from Averland, a bit Zealous but a good man from what bits I've heard."

"There are many forms of zeal. He has the spirit but he also maintains an open mind. That is rare and valuable."

"My lips are sealed and I have short shrift for men like that."

"And far too many would rather see thier own in my chair."

After Valten or the hammer.  I'd go on both if I can but if I'm sitting on Marienburg...that might be a little hard....unless we can get someone who can hold the city down when I'm out.

Honestly the troops could do it once you let them into the city.

And if worst comes to worst I can always swim out there.

That said, it would be best to take the navy intact. Plus they'd probably obey their pay masters.

"Then within a month Marienburg and the Wasteland will become Westerland once more.  And all the riches that entails."

"I look forward to giving you a Runefang... I doubt you'll need it, but it is a badge of office."

I laugh with them, but the nervousness about being unable to pay the dwarves I'd be hiring was making me break out in hives.

They laugh at that one too. "You know, you could always take King Kazador up on his bounty!"

The Graf suggestedthat one with a laugh

I thought she'd be.  "Just think of it, the wealth of the Richest City in the old world, treasures and exotic goods from Cathay, Ind, and Ulthuan.  We'd be important people, Bretonnians, Cathayans, Indmen, Estalians,Tileans and many more would all come to pay homage to the Lord and Lady of their most important city and request they be allowed to do business in it.  It'll be wonderful."

She isn't able to stand after this... "Well... I guess that makes my old dream seem a bit petty."

I smile, and say, "And I thought it'd be something hard, like wiping out the von Carnsteins once and for all or an urn containing the ashes of "That" Vampire.

She looks at him funny. "I thought you were going to do that anyways?

If you want I'll do what it takes to make it so that when folk of the Empire think of the Cult of Morr they'll look to the North, not to the South in Tilea."

Her eyes light up.

Psyckosama
Admin

https://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread - Page 28 Empty Re: You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

Post by Brian Boru Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:51 am

Aceraptor wrote:Name: Marcus Raynor
Coin: 211 Gold, 3 Silver
Rune Items: Bastard sword, battle axe
Apparel: Fine Utilitarian Bretonnian clothing

...Shit. I'll see if Kyra can buff me with any spell she knows then I'll see about forcing the Manticores to focus on me, of course I'll tell Kyra to hide somewhere so that I can fight all out without focusing on keeping her alive.. If there are any convenient boulders I'll use them as throwing weapons seeking to cripple one so that I can run around and take apart one at a time without being ganged up on.

Cripple their wings and legs so that they will have a severe lack of mobility.

The beasts swoop down like the wrath of the foul and ancient Chaos gods.

Both promptly crumple like tinfoil when a massive boulder for each of them crumples their spines like giant macabre accordions.

They both splatter to the ground with a thud.

Now you have a pair of Manticore corpses....wonder if you could sell the bodies in Altdorf or Nuln...

Kyra knows a preservation spell....

Rieverre wrote:Vargr Skarin

Gear: The usual, hunting spears

Loot: all of 14 silver's worth to his name

I roll my shoulders, tighten my grip on my weapons, and proceed to strike at the stone again. And again. And again.

And with each blow, I add more and more ice to its encasement. I'm going full-on Chernobyl containment protocol on this thing, hoping it'll mitigate the explosion as much as possible if it doesn't manage to stifle it outright. Hell, ideally, the ice sheath is now frozen solid to the ground and expanding downwards as well, anchoring the whole thing ...

More and more layers of ice cover the thing but the whine and the glow grow louder and more intense. Finally there is a muffled WHUMP!....and the ice held. But you get the feeling the ice is as foul as the warpstone at the moment so....

A few minutes later the Bretonnians tiptoe back to see what happened, when they see what you did they basically carry you on their shoulders back to the castle. When the Castle folk learn what you did, roars of cheers begin to resound. You're the hero of the day it seems.

Psyckosama wrote:Fair enough.

Alright.

Still have those other points to spend on top of it

What the hell... lets see what comes up.

Congrats you have force balance push

"So how are the playwrites going to be dramatizing this one?"

I grin.

Not sure but they'll buy the first tickets

"I'm thinking we need shock and awe. There's plenty of them with enough dirty laundry that it'll shake the old world to the core. Heads will roll and we're going to be the ones to separate them"

That seems to give them some utterly EVIL grins on their faces. Seems some of them made some bone-head loans when they were younger and plenty of their fellow nobles continue to do so. Getting back at those penny-pinching walking sacks of gold will be SOOOO worth it.

So you have about a month before an army can be prepared to march on Marienburg at the earliest. Want to visit your new holdings? Or wait on that?

Titles: Future Elector Count of the Westerlands and Marienburg, Lord of a part of the Drakwald, Chosen of Ulric, Called Dwarf Friend by Rune Master Thorek Ironbrow.
Companions: Cosmina formerly of Sylvania, Initiate to the Temple of Morr, now fiancee;  Fuck Huge Winter Wolf (Fenris).
Other Gear: Book on Imperial History, book on Ulrician cult, man carrying gear, noble outfit in Northern Style

"There are many forms of zeal. He has the spirit but he also maintains an open mind. That is rare and valuable."

"Indeed, and something we should cultivate at every chance."

"And far too many would rather see thier own in my chair."

I grimace at that. A self serving Politician is the LAST thing we need in the Grand Theologinist's seat.

Honestly the troops could do it once you let them into the city.

"Alright then, but then we'll need to find a commander who can keep a lid on the Directors and Guilds. Though I DO intend to clean house there before I head out."

That said, it would be best to take the navy intact. Plus they'd probably obey their pay masters.

Point, sailors and Captains ain't that political.

"I look forward to giving you a Runefang... I doubt you'll need it, but it is a badge of office."

"And I'll accept it in the spirit in which it was given."

They laugh at that one too. "You know, you could always take King Kazador up on his bounty!"

The Graf suggested that one with a laugh

I laugh, "You know I could do that. When we find "him" I could give him something of a training trip. Killing a swarm of orcs would be perfect."

She isn't able to stand after this... "Well... I guess that makes my old dream seem a bit petty."

I place my hand on her shoulder, "Don't say that Cosmina, Love. All dreams are equally great, because they're what keep folk going in this rough word of ours. Yours was wonderful, for the life you thought you'd live. But things change, your life changed in ways you could have never imagined, and so dreams change. But never say that it was petty. It was yours."

She looks at him funny. "I thought you were going to do that anyways?

"I did didn't I? Well I need to get about that. Maybe an excursion to Sylvania might be in order. With a slew of priests of Morr to make sure everything STAYS down."

Her eyes light up.

"It might take until our Children's majority before it becomes a reality."

A glint in my eyes sparks when I mention the word children and I raise my eyebrows suggestively.

This time I intend to stay in the city with Cosmina until it's time to march to Marienburg.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:59 am

Brian Boru wrote:

Congrats you have force balance push

Heh. Very nice...

Going to have to test it...

Not sure but they'll buy the first tickets

"Actually I'm suggesting we bring in a playwrite to get started on it before we've even done it... that was we can have the play out immediately and in every city in the empire. Propaganda."

That seems to give them some utterly EVIL grins on their faces.  Seems some of them made some bone-head loans when they were younger and plenty of their fellow nobles continue to do so.  Getting back at those penny-pinching walking sacks of gold will be SOOOO worth it.

"Glad you like it."

So you have about a month before an army can be prepared to march on Marienburg at the earliest.  Want to visit your new holdings?  Or wait on that?

Gives me some time to check my holdings and meditate on the Thu'um.

When the ask about the second one... I tell them about my mother and what I did to those dragons and how its a holy power et all.

Actually, lets go visit my holdings. All of us.

"I've been meditating on those abilities and believe I have awoken a new one. I'd like to test it out. Lets go have a look."

Once they do... I find a nice spot, close my eyes, make sure everyone is behind me and...

Lets have some mood music....

"FUS ROH DA!"

"Indeed, and something we should cultivate at every chance."

Simple nod.

I grimace at that.  A self serving Politician is the LAST thing we need in the Grand Theologinist's seat.

EVERYONE agrees. Ur-Ulric and Vokmar espeically.

"Alright then, but then we'll need to find a commander who can keep a lid on the Directors and Guilds.  Though I DO intend to clean house there before I head out."

Karl Franz will send his personal champion. How does that sound as a starter?

Point, sailors and Captains ain't that political.

And Marinburg is more mercenary than most.

"And I'll accept it in the spirit in which it was given."

"After you capture the city there will be a grand event."

[quote]
I laugh, "You know I could do that.  When we find "him" I could give him something of a training trip.  Killing a swarm of orcs would be perfect."[quote]

They laugh. "And it would do much to secure the alliance of the dwarves. Sigmar is reborn and the first act he does in the limelight is repeat the great deeds of his previous incarnation. I like that."

[quote]
I place my hand on her shoulder, "Don't say that Cosmina, Love.  All dreams are equally great, because they're what keep folk going in this rough word of ours.  Yours was wonderful, for the life you thought you'd live.  But things change, your life changed in ways you could have never imagined, and so dreams change.  But never say that it was petty.  It was yours."[quote]

Do you even know what it was?

[quote]"I did didn't I?  Well I need to get about that.  Maybe an excursion to Sylvania might be in order. With a slew of priests of Morr to make sure everything STAYS down."

She gets THAT look in her eyes. She's not that violent a person but she does have a hard edge sometimes. She REALLY haves vampires. "I'll write the letters."

[quote]"It might take until our Children's majority before it becomes a reality."[quote]

She flushes at the thought.

A glint in my eyes sparks when I mention the word children and I raise my eyebrows suggestively.

This time I intend to stay in the city with Cosmina until it's time to march to Marienburg.

beast with 2 backs is ridden. Random dice roll please. Surprise me.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:11 am

Vargr Skarin

Brian Boru wrote:More and more layers of ice cover the thing but the whine and the glow grow louder and more intense.  Finally there is a muffled WHUMP!....and the ice held.  But you get the feeling the ice is as foul as the warpstone at the moment so....

I let the Duke know about this, and how I think this is still preferable to, say, having small fragments of warpstone scattered for miles. I can probably keep it 'on ice' for a while if he has another way of dealing with it, or as an alternative I suggest purifying the ground, digging up a deep hole, scorching the sides with flame - something I could probably manage - and essentially wrapping the ice in a layers of glass. Ideally, that would keep the taint from spreading into the land until a more permanent solution can be found.

A few minutes later the Bretonnians tiptoe back to see what happened, when they see what you did they basically carry you on their shoulders back to the castle.  When the Castle folk learn what you did, roars of cheers begin to resound.  You're the hero of the day it seems.

^^ Gooood. It shouldn't take many more of these until I have enough reputation to start gathering people around me.

But for now I'll enjoy the party, or at least I will do so after a hot bath. Having the ability to produce fire on demand is convenient like that. ^^

Though I will speak to the Duke and ask what's next on the agenda, as well as check up on how Mort's doing.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:01 pm

Psyckosama wrote:Heh. Very nice...

Going to have to test it...

Away from the city I hope?

"Actually I'm suggesting we bring in a playwrite to get started on it before we've even done it... that was we can have the play out immediately and in every city in the empire. Propaganda."

Hmmm....not a bad idea, they have a few playwrights who'd slaver at the opportunity.

Gives me some time to check my holdings and meditate on the Thu'um.

Alright.

When the ask about the second one... I tell them about my mother and what I did to those dragons and how its a holy power et all.

They seem more than a little skeptical at that but considering what all they've seen you do...they're willing to give you the benefit of the the doubt.

Actually, lets go visit my holdings. All of us.

Including the emperor and the Grand Theologinist?

"I've been meditating on those abilities and believe I have awoken a new one. I'd like to test it out. Lets go have a look."

Once they do... I find a nice spot, close my eyes, make sure everyone is behind me and...

Lets have some mood music....

"FUS ROH DA!"

They are properly awed at you display of power, and they wonder what else you could do.

EVERYONE agrees. Ur-Ulric and Vokmar espeically.

Their mothers certainly didn't raise no fools.

Karl Franz will send his personal champion. How does that sound as a starter?

"That will do VERY nicely Thank-You."

And Marinburg is more mercenary than most.

Another point.

"After you capture the city there will be a grand event."

"I'll look forward to it."

They laugh. "And it would do much to secure the alliance of the dwarves. Sigmar is reborn and the first act he does in the limelight is repeat the great deeds of his previous incarnation. I like that."

"And it would send the right message to the rest of the world."

Do you even know what it was?

She wanted to become a doomgiver. Traveling the empire, giving a small prophecies and giving a slight spooking to kids. And have all the respect and security being an honored priestess of the cult of Morr.

She gets THAT look in her eyes. She's not that violent a person but she does have a hard edge sometimes. She REALLY haves vampires. "I'll write the letters."

I grin wolfishly, "Something to put on the list."

She flushes at the thought.

Another wolfish grin.

beast with 2 backs is ridden. Random dice roll please. Surprise me.

Giggity

Brian Boru carried out 1 launched of one d100 :

I let the Duke know about this, and how I think this is still preferable to, say, having small fragments of warpstone scattered for miles. I can probably keep it 'on ice' for a while if he has another way of dealing with it, or as an alternative I suggest purifying the ground, digging up a deep hole, scorching the sides with flame - something I could probably manage - and essentially wrapping the ice in a layers of glass. Ideally, that would keep the taint from spreading into the land until a more permanent solution can be found.

He thanks you profusely for containing that thing. He also says he knows a way to take that stuff out of here AND make a little profit off of it. He promises to make sure a majority of it goes your way.

^^ Gooood. It shouldn't take many more of these until I have enough reputation to start gathering people around me.

Oooo interesting...

[quote]But for now I'll enjoy the party, or at least I will do so after a hot bath. Having the ability to produce fire on demand is convenient like that. ^^[.quote]

Scrubbadub and you smell decent again.

Though I will speak to the Duke and ask what's next on the agenda, as well as check up on how Mort's doing.

Next on the agenda is the yearly courtly gathering of the forest lords and knights and the Lord of the one city in Artois here at this castle.

Mort's doing alright but the Master of Arms is kicking his ass all across the courtyard on a daily basis. He also is going nuts in the middle of bumfuck nowhere. At least compared to Brionne.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:17 pm

Vargr Skarin

Brian Boru wrote:He thanks you profusely for containing that thing.  He also says he knows a way to take that stuff out of here AND make a little profit off of it.  He promises to make sure a majority of it goes your way.

What way is that in particular, for future reference?

Oooo interesting...

I want to capitalize as much as I can on the army-oriented nature of my abilities. For that, I'll need people. Preferably people loyal to me first. So, reputation, and funds. What I'll end up doing with them is still up in the air, but barring other ideas I could just go vampire hunting.

Next on the agenda is the yearly courtly gathering of the forest lords and knights and the Lord of the one city in Artois here at this castle.

... how long is that likely to last, and does it look like I could make any excuse to go hunting instead? Formalities are my natural enemy.

Anyway, once I get my hands on some funds, I consider trying to get my hands on some javelins ... then _reconsider_ and instead invest in purchasing the services of a leatherworker. See, I want to make a slingshot. The old-fashioned, leather thong kind, but one that I'll be able to use without holding back too much. Then I'll get a smith to make me some shot - heavy and dense as he can make a roughly golf-ball sized ball.

Mort's doing alright but the Master of Arms is kicking his ass all across the courtyard on a daily basis.  He also is going nuts in the middle of bumfuck nowhere.  At least compared to Brionne.

Looks like the Master of Arms has been given instructions to make sure Mort is too busy to get into his usual kind of trouble. Smart.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:15 pm

Brian Boru wrote:Away from the city I hope?

WELL away from the city....

Hmmm....not a bad idea, they have a few playwrights who'd slaver at the opportunity.

"I'll trust you to know who is best."

They seem more than a little skeptical at that but considering what all they've seen you do...they're willing to give you the benefit of the the doubt.

Alright.

Including the emperor and the Grand Theologinist?

Of course. I want to show them this power and explain it to them before they hear of it second hand.

They are properly awed at you display of power, and they wonder what else you could do.

I take it I clear the place.

Anyways I give them a listing of some of the more common thu'um.

Then I explain how it works. It's the language of dragons in the world of my mother's origin. In that world, the Dragons are the first born children of the Dragon God of Time, Akatosh. They are beings of power and pride. Their language is part of thier semi-divine nature, giving them the ability to literally command reality to obey their wishes. To reach true understanding of a word of the dragon language is to be able to impress that concept on the world itself. Forcing ones will on reality by speaking the Dragon Tongue is normally a three worded expression of a greater concept. The more of the word you reach a complete understanding of, the more power your voice, your "Thu'um" possess. What I demonstrated was "Fus Roh Da"... Force... Balance... Push. Unrelenting Force."

"The problem with this is that this power, the ability to force ones will on all of reality is part of the being of dragons. They were also immortal beings completely beyond death. As long as they were not killed by one of their own, life could be breathed back into their bones. This instinctual need to dominate combined with a lack of understanding of the trials and suffering lead the Children of Akatosh to become prideful and arrogant. They saw themselves as superior beings and sought to dominate all life. Seeing this, Akatosh took pity on the mortal races and created the first Dovahkiin, the first 'Dragonborn'. These were humans born with the souls of dragons and their power, but not their immortally. Unlike their kin they possessed empathy for other beings. Rather than becoming tyrants, they became leaders and heroes. Champions whom with the aid of the few dragons who were able to overcome their own nature through great force of will, defeated the Dragons and ushered in the age of man."

I pause. "While Dragonborn like myself are able to naturally understand the concepts and learn the thu'um through meditation and if need be, consuming the spirits of other dragon-souled beings, the dragon tongue is a language like any other. Many of the greatest masters of the Thu'um were completely mortal as one only needs to reach Understanding through greater effort and meditation to speak with The Voice."

I let it sink in. "I'm telling you this because I'm attempting to reach a greater understanding and I want you to know that this is a gift from an honorable god, taught to man to protect mankind. My mother used it to kill Aldun, the first born of Akatosh, the God of Destruction and banish him from the world forever. And I intend to use this power to protect the world from the Gods of Chaos. If I didn't, she'd probably find some way to leave the sacred realm of Sovngarde, cross the barrier between worlds, and beat me the stupid out of me."

Their mothers certainly didn't raise no fools.

You don't get their jobs by being idiots.

"That will do VERY nicely Thank-You."

He smiles.

"I'll look forward to it."

"As do I."

"And it would send the right message to the rest of the world."

On that they agree completely.

She wanted to become a doomgiver.  Traveling the empire, giving a small prophecies and giving a slight spooking to kids.  And have all the respect and security being an honored priestess of the cult of Morr.

Didn't know if I told you.

I grin wolfishly, "Something to put on the list."

She nods.

Another wolfish grin.

Flushes more.

Anyways, thanks for the roll and... do you do anything else? Otherwise, off to Marienburg.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceraptor Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:20 pm

Name: Marcus Raynor

Brian Boru wrote:The beasts swoop down like the wrath of the foul and ancient Chaos gods.

Both promptly crumple like tinfoil when a massive boulder for each of them crumples their spines like giant macabre accordions.

They both splatter to the ground with a thud.

Now you have a pair of Manticore corpses....wonder if you could sell the bodies in Altdorf or Nuln...

Kyra knows a preservation spell....

...Huh. I guess I really should stop underestimating myself... Okay, well, might as well take the bodies, there should be bounties for dangerous monsters I'm guessing. Not to mention mages that can probably get reagents for enchantments or whatever that could be. Though dragging them along would draw quite abit of attention... Eh, what the hell. Let's bring one.  Razz 

Aceraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:02 am

What way is that in particular, for future reference?

The Dwarves and the Wizards of the Empire use small bits of it and pay well for large chunks like this. What they'll do with it in the end they don't care but it means getting it out of their turf.

I want to capitalize as much as I can on the army-oriented nature of my abilities. For that, I'll need people. Preferably people loyal to me first. So, reputation, and funds. What I'll end up doing with them is still up in the air, but barring other ideas I could just go vampire hunting.

Well you might have better luck with that in the empire but making a name for yourself in Brettonnia certainly doesn't hurt, that and some Knights Errant with no big inheritances would likely LOVE to sign up with you the BEST heavy Cavalry in the WORLD, except for Knights of Chaos, but other than that.

... how long is that likely to last, and does it look like I could make any excuse to go hunting instead? Formalities are my natural enemy.

Not likely you'd be something like the main attraction this year.

Anyway, once I get my hands on some funds, I consider trying to get my hands on some javelins ... then _reconsider_ and instead invest in purchasing the services of a leatherworker. See, I want to make a slingshot. The old-fashioned, leather thong kind, but one that I'll be able to use without holding back too much. Then I'll get a smith to make me some shot - heavy and dense as he can make a roughly golf-ball sized ball.

It takes some time but someone finally finds some leather that can hold up to your strength....don't ask where it came from....the shots that are flung from that bastard....eeeesssshhhh.....

Looks like the Master of Arms has been given instructions to make sure Mort is too busy to get into his usual kind of trouble. Smart.

Mort doesn't appreciate it. But he does keep out of trouble.

You have about a week before the gathering anything you want to do in the meantime?

Otherwise we'll head on to the meet.

Psyckosama wrote:WELL away from the city....

Smart.

"I'll trust you to know who is best."

A few weeks later you find some...interesting plays being help in the richer parts of Middenheim.

Of course. I want to show them this power and explain it to them before they hear of it second hand.

Considering the distance....you kinda half to claim a hunting trip, and a couple of bands of beastmen get in the way.

I take it I clear the place.

Anyways I give them a listing of some of the more common thu'um.

They goggle a bit at the variety.

Then I explain how it works. It's the language of dragons in the world of my mother's origin. In that world, the Dragons are the first born children of the Dragon God of Time, Akatosh. They are beings of power and pride. Their language is part of thier semi-divine nature, giving them the ability to literally command reality to obey their wishes. To reach true understanding of a word of the dragon language is to be able to impress that concept on the world itself. Forcing ones will on reality by speaking the Dragon Tongue is normally a three worded expression of a greater concept. The more of the word you reach a complete understanding of, the more power your voice, your "Thu'um" possess. What I demonstrated was "Fus Roh Da"... Force... Balance... Push. Unrelenting Force."

"The problem with this is that this power, the ability to force ones will on all of reality is part of the being of dragons. They were also immortal beings completely beyond death. As long as they were not killed by one of their own, life could be breathed back into their bones. This instinctual need to dominate combined with a lack of understanding of the trials and suffering lead the Children of Akatosh to become prideful and arrogant. They saw themselves as superior beings and sought to dominate all life. Seeing this, Akatosh took pity on the mortal races and created the first Dovahkiin, the first 'Dragonborn'. These were humans born with the souls of dragons and their power, but not their immortally. Unlike their kin they possessed empathy for other beings. Rather than becoming tyrants, they became leaders and heroes. Champions whom with the aid of the few dragons who were able to overcome their own nature through great force of will, defeated the Dragons and ushered in the age of man."

I pause. "While Dragonborn like myself are able to naturally understand the concepts and learn the thu'um through meditation and if need be, consuming the spirits of other dragon-souled beings, the dragon tongue is a language like any other. Many of the greatest masters of the Thu'um were completely mortal as one only needs to reach Understanding through greater effort and meditation to speak with The Voice."

I let it sink in. "I'm telling you this because I'm attempting to reach a greater understanding and I want you to know that this is a gift from an honorable god, taught to man to protect mankind. My mother used it to kill Aldun, the first born of Akatosh, the God of Destruction and banish him from the world forever. And I intend to use this power to protect the world from the Gods of Chaos. If I didn't, she'd probably find some way to leave the sacred realm of Sovngarde, cross the barrier between worlds, and beat me the stupid out of me."

If you were anyone else and even if you hadn't started with the shouts, then they'd likely have called you utterly batshit insane. As it is...they believe you, but it's going to take some time to figure out how to apply your power in the best way possible.

Looking around the clearing, they notice all the lumber, the Emperor grins and says, "Well this seems as good as any to set up a fortress for your holding here in the Drakwald. About time someone cleaned this pit out."

You don't get their jobs by being idiots.

Nope

He smiles.

Wolfish grin back.

On that they agree completely.

"One of the biggest tragedies in Imperial History is the fallout between the cult of Ulric and Sigmar when the two of them would likely have kicked everyone's asses if they came down here and saw what they've been doing."

Didn't know if I told you.

You did, I just happened to remember it.

Flushes more.

"You're adorable when you do that." I just laugh good-naturedly if she gets indignant.

Anyways, thanks for the roll and... do you do anything else? Otherwise, off to Marienburg.

Other than one or maybe two checks through the Drak-Road and the holdings there.

Otherwise on we march. When we march I make sure to get the acquaintences of both Kurt and Ludwig, see if we're on the same page and then see what we know about the city.

There are several things we need to hash out. ONE we make sure that the Marienburg Fleet is NOT a threat, two we need to either take out or secure the Director families. The worst one I think is likely like Jaan van de Kuypers, he's the richest man in the city, has more nobility in the old world by the balls that I could likely count, AND I doubt many would weep for him if something were to happen to him and his house.

We all need to make DEAD sure that Elftown is NOT TOUCHED IN ANY WAY WHATSOEVER and the threat of them aiding Marienburg Neutralized. I don't think they'd care too much what happens to the city so long as their people and trade isn't interfered with. We're humans, we're mayflies in their eyes.

Any real plans because other than declaring myself and then destroying the fortifications until they call uncle I got nothing other than a mad caper where I sneak into the city and bust into one of the Directors' open meetings.

...Huh. I guess I really should stop underestimating myself... Okay, well, might as well take the bodies, there should be bounties for dangerous monsters I'm guessing. Not to mention mages that can probably get reagents for enchantments or whatever that could be. Though dragging them along would draw quite abit of attention... Eh, what the hell. Let's bring one.  Razz 

After some spell work, which does NOTHING for the smell, you finally get out of the moutains and back into the empire proper. Your first port of call is a small village located at the base of the mountain. Everyone stares in wide-eyed wonder at the Norscan, the Wood Elf, and the dead Manticore being dragged along.

Eventually the village head gets the gumption to ask what who you are and what you're doing here.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:22 am

Brian Boru wrote:A few weeks later you find some...interesting plays being help in the richer parts of Middenheim.

Let me guess, Detlef Sierck...

Considering the distance....you kinda half to claim a hunting trip, and a couple of bands of beastmen get in the way.

Or I could put them in the Special Cartage and it'll be a day trip at best. :p

They goggle a bit at the variety.

"It's all about forcing concepts on reality. Basically 'I reject your reality and substitute my own'. I challenge any of you to meditate for a time on the word 'Fus' and consider the meaning of 'Force' and how it would relate to 'Balance' and 'Push'."

If you were anyone else and even if you hadn't started with the shouts, then they'd likely have called you utterly batshit insane.

"I'm the Son of Ulric, recognized by the Winter Lord himself. I can punch out Giants and throw boulders farther than a catapult. I've smashed armies singlehandedly and can uproot trees by screaming at them. And now you find it hard to believe?" They get a funny look.

As it is...they believe you, but it's going to take some time to figure out how to apply your power in the best way possible.

"Trust me to know where I'm needed most."

Looking around the clearing, they notice all the lumber, the Emperor grins and says, "Well this seems as good as any to set up a fortress for your holding here in the Drakwald.  About time someone cleaned this pit out."

"Was thinking the same thing. At least for a start," I smile, "Lets return to middenheim and discuss the plans to come over a good ale. I have several casks of Bugmans and can't think of better company to tap one of them in."

"One of the biggest tragedies in Imperial History is the fallout between the cult of Ulric and Sigmar when the two of them would likely have kicked everyone's asses if they came down here and saw what they've been doing."

Having and heard what they're seen and heared, everyone agrees.

You did, I just happened to remember it.

Right.

"You're adorable when you do that."  I just laugh good-naturedly if she gets indignant.

"I'd hit you with something if I wasn't afraid I'd break it."

Other than one or maybe two checks through the Drak-Road and the holdings there.

Slowly starting up.

Otherwise on we march.  When we march I make sure to get the acquaintences of both Kurt and Ludwig, see if we're on the same page and then see what we know about the city.

Kurt isn't there. Ludwig is though.

There are several things we need to hash out. ONE we make sure that the Marienburg Fleet is NOT a threat, two we need to either take out or secure the Director families.  The worst one I think is likely like Jaan van de Kuypers, he's the richest man in the city, has more nobility in the old world by the balls that I could likely count, AND I doubt many would weep for him if something were to happen to him and his house.

"No, noone would have any problem at all..." besides that they trust you to do your thing.

We all need to make DEAD sure that Elftown is NOT TOUCHED IN ANY WAY WHATSOEVER and the threat of them aiding Marienburg Neutralized.  I don't think they'd care too much what happens to the city so long as their people and trade isn't interfered with.  We're humans, we're mayflies in their eyes.

They agree and he's ordered his troops to stay outside of Elftown. The most action taken there will be to block the streets and casually inform the inhabitants to remain in the district until any fighting stops for thier own preotection.

Any real plans because other than declaring myself and then destroying the fortifications until they call uncle I got nothing other than a mad caper where I sneak into the city and bust into one of the Directors' open meetings.

Honestl, go for the meeting... you seem to do when when you make big enterances.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceraptor Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:23 am

Brian Boru wrote:After some spell work, which does NOTHING for the smell, you finally get out of the moutains and back into the empire proper.  Your first port of call is a small village located at the base of the mountain.  Everyone stares in wide-eyed wonder at the Norscan, the Wood Elf, and the dead Manticore being dragged along.

More reputation and renown should eventually help. Of course, the stories will be looked at as being exaggerated. Until they meet the real thing of course.  Razz 

Eventually the village head gets the gumption to ask what who you are and what you're doing here.

"Who am I? My name is Marcus Raynor, just passing through, coming back to the Empire from Bretonnia actually, got attacked by a couple of Manticores in the pass, killed em, decided to sell the carcass of one at Altdorf or Nuln." I reply in a nonchalant manner, completely at odds with what I'm doing and what I claimed to have done.  Very Happy 

"Now that's out of the way, do you know of any dangers nearby? Beastmen herd? Monsters? Cultists? Oh, and what news is there from the rest of the Empire? And is there any place nearby that has any bounty set up for killing monsters?"

Aceraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironforge Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:37 am

Name:
Cameron

Titles:
-The Wanderer
-High King
-Lord of the north
-Hammer of the North
-Wolf King
-The Strong

Rune items:
Gauntlets and Greaves(With dwarfs)

Time in Verse and date:
Year: 2219
Time: 12 months, 1 week

Faction:
True Norscans

High King

Personal Wealth:
19014 GP, 11 Sp, 6 Pp

Family:
Kenna:Wife, Queen of Norsca, Shield maiden

Vassals:
Jarl Ingvar Bloodscreamer: Adviser, Left hand of the King
Jarl Ulf Skullcracker: Battlermaster, Right hand of the King
-Has five Norscan heros units serving him as his fingers.
Renee d'Artigen: Steward,

Retainers:
Urist Stonefist (Expert Stonemason) (20 Gp a month and housing)

People in personal holding:
Men: 600 (305 married)
Women: 305
Children: 605
Total: 1,510

Pack:
Winter Wolves:
Shadow: Wolf Alpha, Male, Winter wolf
Male: 6
Female: 6
Total: 12

Personal Holdings:
Raised hall x1
Stone wall x1
house x 600
Secondary stone wall with towers x1
Pier x1
Tertiary reinforced cement walls with towers x1

Personal Army:
Bondsmen: 600
-Axe and Board x300
-Great Weapon x200
-Archers x100
Total: 600

Personal Guard:
Norscan Heros x 10

Personal Steed:
Fimbulvetr: Great sleipnir stallion in plate barding

Inventory:
3 sets of working clothes, 7 sets of clothes, 2 high grade clothes, 3 boots, sea serpent fang necklace, set of King's clothes and cape x1
Brian Boru wrote:It takes him a moment, but he gets what you're after, he talks about bands of orcs, chaos ogres, even a shaggoth he spotted a distance away though it might be asleep by this point.  He also gives general directions, once you get to the world's edge head north you can't miss it, things get...gnarly...nearby the place.

"Mammoth herd North ov hear."
"Well then Grug, I will be back shortly with your food."

Then turning to my men. "Well men, looks like we have much battle ahead of us and glory to claim. So make camp here an make ready for the days ahead, while I go get us dinner. As soon the will be meat enough to choke a family of giants here."

An with that I will mount up on my steed and head north ready to slaughter me a herd of mammoths.

Ironforge
Ironforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:39 am

Vargr Skarin

Gear: The usual, hunting spears, sling and a bag of metal shot

Brian Boru wrote:The Dwarves and the Wizards of the Empire use small bits of it and pay well for large chunks like this.  What they'll do with it in the end they don't care but it means getting it out of their turf.

Convenient. Yeah, I think I can faintly recall something about dwarven smiths and Bright Wizards making use of this stuff.

Well you might have better luck with that in the empire but making a name for yourself in Brettonnia certainly doesn't hurt, that and some Knights Errant with no big inheritances would likely LOVE to sign up with you the BEST heavy Cavalry in the WORLD, except for Knights of Chaos, but other than that.

Yes, but seeing as I'm in Bretonnia right now, I might as well work with what I've got. Not that the Empire isn't on my list of potential travel destinations.

Not likely you'd be something like the main attraction this year.

Dang.

It takes some time but someone finally finds some leather that can hold up to your strength....don't ask where it came from....the shots that are flung from that bastard....eeeesssshhhh.....

Well, I'll practice with it until I'm satisfied with my aim, including different projectiles like ordinary rocks of an appropriate size that I've picked off the ground. Just to get a feel for things.

Mort doesn't appreciate it.  But he does keep out of trouble.

You have about a week before the gathering anything you want to do in the meantime?

Otherwise we'll head on to the meet.

I go out hunting with the wolves, just to keep abreast of matters there and do some of my own recon. I bring my part of the prey we take down back to the castle and perform the ritual of Man Cook Meat On Fire there. After politely requesting some spices from the Duke's kitchens.

Other than that, I want to see if there's any effect if I carve the relevant element runes adorning my weapons on other things. Understandably, I do this out in the forest - magecraft of any kind does make Old World people uneasy, with good reason - and start with etching a rune of fire on a stone and trying it out as sling ammunition.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:51 am

Psyckosama wrote:Let me guess, Detlef Sierck...

The more popular ones yes.

Or I could put them in the Special Cartage and it'll be a day trip at best. :p

Or that. Forgot about that monstrosity.

"It's all about forcing concepts on reality. Basically 'I reject your reality and substitute my own'. I challenge any of you to meditate for a time on the word 'Fus' and consider the meaning of 'Force' and how it would relate to 'Balance' and 'Push'."

Maybe later.

"I'm the Son of Ulric, recognized by the Winter Lord himself. I can punch out Giants and throw boulders farther than a catapult. I've smashed armies singlehandedly and can uproot trees by screaming at them. And now you find it hard to believe?" They get a funny look.

Well when you put it that way.

"Trust me to know where I'm needed most."

Alright.

"Was thinking the same thing. At least for a start," I smile, "Lets return to middenheim and discuss the plans to come over a good ale. I have several casks of Bugmans and can't think of better company to tap one of them in."

Their eyes flash at 'Bugmans' and they quickly get back in the contraption and head back to the city.

The Ale...is...awesome....

The following month goes by with surprising rapidity. Soon it's time to head out with the emperor's forces coming from the River Reik, the Graf promises to send some troops of his own from Middenheim to meet up at Marienburg. Who do you travel with and what do you do on the march?

Having and heard what they're seen and heared, everyone agrees.

Good.

"I'd hit you with something if I wasn't afraid I'd break it."

I chuckle a bit and ham a bit about how her anger is worse than a thousands spears. Trying to get her to laugh.

Slowly starting up.

Good, if there are any problems with my vassals or tennents I resolve it quickly if I can or if I can get them to make an oath to hold of any arguments until I return.

Kurt isn't there. Ludwig is though.

Ludwig then, grim and taciturn if I recall.

"No, noone would have any problem at all..." besides that they trust you to do your thing.

Of course, that makes things easier.

They agree and he's ordered his troops to stay outside of Elftown. The most action taken there will be to block the streets and casually inform the inhabitants to remain in the district until any fighting stops for thier own preotection.

Right, also we'll need to make sure to talk with them once we're sure the city is secure.

Honestly, go for the meeting... you seem to do when when you make big entrances.

I nod, "Alright, then I'll go ahead and wait for the directors to have a meeting, then I'll make my move. Once I have them under control then I'll give you a signal and open the gates then you and the Middenlanders will move in to occupy the city."

If they ask about the signal I grin, "Trust me, you'll know when you hear it." If they insist then I'll explain my howl.

More reputation and renown should eventually help. Of course, the stories will be looked at as being exaggerated. Until they meet the real thing of course.  Razz 

Indeed.

"Who am I? My name is Marcus Raynor, just passing through, coming back to the Empire from Bretonnia actually, got attacked by a couple of Manticores in the pass, killed em, decided to sell the carcass of one at Altdorf or Nuln." I reply in a nonchalant manner, completely at odds with what I'm doing and what I claimed to have done.  Very Happy 

"Now that's out of the way, do you know of any dangers nearby? Beastmen herd? Monsters? Cultists? Oh, and what news is there from the rest of the Empire? And is there any place nearby that has any bounty set up for killing monsters?"

Nothing that they know of, everthing's been right peaceful here in Wissenland. As for Nuln, it's up north. You folks planning on staying here? The look on his face indicates he hopes that you might just press on to the next village.

Ironforge wrote:Name:
Cameron

Titles:
-The Wanderer
-High King
-Lord of the north
-Hammer of the North
-Wolf King
-The Strong

Rune items:

Time in Verse and date:

Faction:
True Norscans

High King

Personal Wealth:
19014 GP, 11 Sp, 6 Pp

Family:

Vassals:

Retainers:

Pack:
Winter Wolves:

Personal Holdings:
Raised hall x1
Stone wall x1
house x 600
Pier x1

Personal Army:
-Axe and Board x300
-Great Weapon x200
-Archers x100

Personal Guard:
Norscan Heros x 10

Personal Steed:

Inventory:
3 sets of working clothes, 7 sets of clothes, 2 high grade clothes, 3 boots, sea serpent fang necklace, set of King's clothes and cape x1

"Well then Grug, I will be back shortly with your food."

Nod and grunt.

Then turning to my men. "Well men, looks like we have much battle ahead of us and glory to claim. So make camp here an make ready for the days ahead, while I go get us dinner. As soon the will be meat enough to choke a family of giants here."

They promptly back off from the giantess and set camp a distance away from the pair.

An with that I will mount up on my steed and head north ready to slaughter me a herd of mammoths.

You quickly find a small herd. An old Bull, a half grown bull, and three or four cows and their calves.

Convenient. Yeah, I think I can faintly recall something about dwarven smiths and Bright Wizards making use of this stuff.

Still dangerous as hell. But useful stuff, if you know how to SAFELY use it.

Yes, but seeing as I'm in Bretonnia right now, I might as well work with what I've got. Not that the Empire isn't on my list of potential travel destinations.

True.

Dang.

You want fame and recognition, you kinda have to do this sort of thing.

Well, I'll practice with it until I'm satisfied with my aim, including different projectiles like ordinary rocks of an appropriate size that I've picked off the ground. Just to get a feel for things.

The rocks pulverize on impact but they make just as nasty an impact as the metal bullets. They're great practice.

I go out hunting with the wolves, just to keep abreast of matters there and do some of my own recon. I bring my part of the prey we take down back to the castle and perform the ritual of Man Cook Meat On Fire there. After politely requesting some spices from the Duke's kitchens.

You go on several hunting excursions, always bringing back game, once you take out a pair of the gigantic Artois boars, beasts that are twice as big as the boars orcs ride and twice as mean if the older men are to be believed. You're reputation grows.

Other than that, I want to see if there's any effect if I carve the relevant element runes adorning my weapons on other things. Understandably, I do this out in the forest - magecraft of any kind does make Old World people uneasy, with good reason - and start with etching a rune of fire on a stone and trying it out as sling ammunition.

You try a few times but other than a scattering of sparks when they make impact, nothing. You might want to see a wizard or a dwarf if you really want to do something with this.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironforge Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:59 am

Name:
Cameron

Titles:
-The Wanderer
-High King
-Lord of the north
-Hammer of the North
-Wolf King
-The Strong

Rune items:

Time in Verse and date:

Faction:
True Norscans

High King

Personal Wealth:
19014 GP, 11 Sp, 6 Pp

Family:

Vassals:

Retainers:

Pack:
Winter Wolves:

Personal Holdings:
Raised hall x1
Stone wall x1
house x 600
Pier x1

Personal Army:
-Axe and Board x300
-Great Weapon x200
-Archers x100

Personal Guard:
Norscan Heros x 10

Personal Steed:

Inventory:

Brian Boru wrote:You quickly find a small herd.  An old Bull, a half grown bull, and three or four cows and their calves.
Well this should be quick then, as with my strength and Fimbulvetr speed. Taking down these creatures shouldn't even take 5 minutes, though it looks like I will be make repeat trips here and back to carry back the meat.

So with that in mind, I urge on Fimbulvetr to sprint by the Old Bull first so I can take it out with a well place shocking blow to finish the beast, before circling around to the same on the rest of the herd. Then once they are all put down for the count, I'll dismount and carry back the beast one at a time to camp.
Ironforge
Ironforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceraptor Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:30 am

Brian Boru wrote:Nothing that they know of, everthing's been right peaceful here in Wissenland.  As for Nuln, it's up north.  You folks planning on staying here?  The look on his face indicates he hopes that you might just press on to the next village.

Of course no one wants a giant carcass stinking up their village, we'll move on.

Aceraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:52 am

Vargr Skarin

Brian Boru wrote:You want fame and recognition, you kinda have to do this sort of thing.

Sad but true. Oh well. You take the good with the not-so-good.

The rocks pulverize on impact but they make just as nasty an impact as the metal bullets.  They're great practice.

Awesome. Here's to never running out of ammo. Or, well, something close enough.

You go on several hunting excursions, always bringing back game, once you take out a pair of the gigantic Artois boars, beasts that are twice as big as the boars orcs ride and twice as mean if the older men are to be believed.  You're reputation grows.

Also, new boar-skin cloak. ^^ If there's enough, I'll get one made up for Mort. Maybe he'll be less miserable. Also the hide might offer some extra protection, which will likely be useful sooner rather than later.

You try a few times but other than a scattering of sparks when they make impact, nothing.  You might want to see a wizard or a dwarf if you really want to do something with this.

Dwarf, more likely. Runecraft seems to be more their thing. Well, I keep practicing in my free time anyway. It gives me a hobby.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:12 am

Brian Boru wrote:The more popular ones yes.

I was saying he's the most popular in the empire.

Or that.  Forgot about that monstrosity.

I've probably had a new one that doesn't look like an abomination built by now.

Maybe later.

Standing challenge.

Well when you put it that way.

"And I call the Sigmar reborn my honorary brother. Yeah. My life is ridiculous."

Their eyes flash at 'Bugmans' and they quickly get back in the contraption and head back to the city.

Yeah!

The Ale...is...awesome....

I want to spent the rest of the month planning, talking with my comrades and meditating on the Thu'um.

How many dice should I roll?

The following month goes by with surprising rapidity.  Soon it's time to head out with the emperor's forces coming from the River Reik, the Graf promises to send some troops of his own from Middenheim to meet up at Marienburg.  Who do you travel with and what do you do on the march?

I suggest that we hold the middenland element back and make it look like the Reikland element has a legitimate reason to be passing through the city. That way we can have the troops on hand to capture it

As for Valten and I... we need to crash an open meeting of the directors

I chuckle a bit and ham a bit about how her anger is worse than a thousands spears.   Trying to get her to laugh.

"Coming from you I'm not sure if that means much. Would that many spears even break the skin?" She's teasing.

Good, if there are any problems with my vassals or tennents I resolve it quickly if I can or if I can get them to make an oath to hold of any arguments until I return.

Right.

Ludwig then, grim and taciturn if I recall.

All smiles that one :p

Seriously, he makes Stannis Barathion look like a party animal.

Of course, that makes things easier.

Right.

Right, also we'll need to make sure to talk with them once we're sure the city is secure.

That is the plan.

I nod, "Alright, then I'll go ahead and wait for the directors to have a meeting, then I'll make my move.  Once I have them under control then I'll give you a signal and open the gates then you and the Middenlanders will move in to occupy the city."

Middenlanders are a weeks march out.

If they ask about the signal I grin, "Trust me, you'll know when you hear it."  If they insist then I'll explain my howl.

Righto.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:05 am

Cameron

Titles:
-The Wanderer
-High King
-Lord of the north
-Hammer of the North
-Wolf King
-The Strong

Rune items:

Time in Verse and date:

Faction:
True Norscans

High King

Personal Wealth:
19014 GP, 11 Sp, 6 Pp

Family:

Vassals:

Retainers:

Pack:
Winter Wolves:

Personal Holdings:
Raised hall x1
Stone wall x1
house x 600
Pier x1

Personal Army:
-Axe and Board x300
-Great Weapon x200
-Archers x100

Personal Guard:
Norscan Heros x 10

Personal Steed:

Inventory:

Well this should be quick then, as with my strength and Fimbulvetr speed. Taking down these creatures shouldn't even take 5 minutes, though it looks like I will be make repeat trips here and back to carry back the meat.

So with that in mind, I urge on Fimbulvetr to sprint by the Old Bull first so I can take it out with a well place shocking blow to finish the beast, before circling around to the same on the rest of the herd. Then once they are all put down for the count, I'll dismount and carry back the beast one at a time to camp.

The gigantic creatures barely stand a chance and it isn’t long before they are all dead at your feet, the calves’ squealing was a bit unpleasant.

But you soon haul the massive carcasses back to the giants who goggle at the strength of the little man infront of them. The clumsily that you for your efforts.

Do you stay with them or do you head on, if you head on roll a d100

Of course no one wants a giant carcass stinking up their village, we'll move on.

So onward to Nuln, the home of the Gunnery School and according to some the most modern city in all the Empire.

Roll 2 d100s for events along the way.

Sad but true. Oh well. You take the good with the not-so-good.

Look on the bright side, there are going to be dozens of young women starving for male faces other than their blood kin.

Awesome. Here's to never running out of ammo. Or, well, something close enough.

Heh

Also, new boar-skin cloak. ^^ If there's enough, I'll get one made up for Mort. Maybe he'll be less miserable. Also the hide might offer some extra protection, which will likely be useful sooner rather than later.

You do manage to make two cloaks out of the thing. Mort thanks you for it and says he thinks he looks like a real Artois man now. He DOESN’T!

Dwarf, more likely. Runecraft seems to be more their thing. Well, I keep practicing in my free time anyway. It gives me a hobby.

Alright.

The week of the meet soon arrives, hundreds of knights come with their wives, sisters, and daughters. Most of them seem utterly fascinated with young Mort, who managed to some how get one of his Brionne made outfits through that insane mess that was your journey in one piece. A few however seem more interested in you. Two of them go through a cycle of whisper, glance, giggle and repeat. The other stands a bit away from the rest of the party and flushes if you look in her direction.

Psyckosama wrote:I was saying he's the most popular in the empire.

Ah then the most popular one is made by the man. Though the events of your story seem a bit...hammier...than you remember...also you’re pretty sure you didn’t have Buxom Blonde triplets clinging to your legs after saving them from a pack of orcs at any point, at least you think you didn’t.

I've probably had a new one that doesn't look like an abomination built by now.

They are but size AND durability is a bit of an issue at the momment.

Standing challenge.

Alright.

"And I call the Sigmar reborn my honorary brother. Yeah. My life is ridiculous."

“That is an understatement if I ever heard one.”

I want to spent the rest of the month planning, talking with my comrades and meditating on the Thu'um.

How many dice should I roll?

2 d100s

I suggest that we hold the middenland element back and make it look like the Reikland element has a legitimate reason to be passing through the city. That way we can have the troops on hand to capture it

Point and done.

As for Valten and I... we need to crash an open meeting of the directors

How do you plan on doing that?

If you plan to sneak in then how should you signal the troops?

Companions: Cosmina formerly of Sylvania, Initiate to the Temple of Morr, now fiancee; Fuck Huge Winter Wolf (Fenris).

"Coming from you I'm not sure if that means much. Would that many spears even break the skin?" She's teasing.

“Arggh! You wound me with your sharp tongue woman!” I clutch my chest over my heart and drop to one knee in as hammy a way as I can.

All smiles that one :p

Seriously, he makes Stannis Barathion look like a party animal.

That much dourness in one place should cause a space time anomaly….

That is the plan.

Alright.

Middenlanders are a weeks march out.

Reiklanders then.

Righto.

I bid them farewell and head into the city. Doing my best to look like a proper generic Norscan.

If I’m questioned by any guards at the gates then I say I’m Olaf Ulfssen and that I’m looking for a ship that’s heading to the Bjornling lands in the North.

Once I’m in I figure out when the Directorates are having their weekly meeting again.

If I have to wait, then I head to Noormanswijk (Norscantown) and wait there until the meeting I make sure I have money enough for it, though I DON'T flash gold anywhere, I just stick to silver and copper. I don't need my cover blown because of a poor attempt at a mugging.

When the meeting starts I come in to watch. Ready to leap in at the proper moment.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:22 am

Brian Boru wrote:Ah then the most popular one is made by the man.  Though the events of your story seem a bit...hammier...than you remember...also you’re pretty sure you didn’t have Buxom Blonde triplets clinging to your legs after saving them from a pack of orcs at any point, at least you think you didn’t.

Twas but twins.

I jest.

They are but size AND durability is a bit of an issue at the momment.

I guess I'll send an order to nuln for one to be build on a frame of iron.

“That is an understatement if I ever heard one.”

I laugh.

2 d100s

Psyckosama carried out 2 launched of one d100 :
28 , 33

Point and done.

Right

How do you plan on doing that?

"From above?" :p

If you plan to sneak in then how should you signal the troops?

Depends on the Thu'um I roll.

“Arggh!  You wound me with your sharp tongue woman!”  I clutch my chest over my heart and drop to one knee in as hammy a way as I can.

"Would you like some cheese with your whine, dearest?"

That much dourness in one place should cause a space time anomaly….

Well, he's able to suck the fun out of any room...

Reiklanders then.

Yep.

I bid them farewell and head into the city.  Doing my best to look like a proper generic Norscan.  

They suggest forgoing bathing then.

If I’m questioned by any guards at the gates then I say I’m Olaf Ulfssen and that I’m looking for a ship that’s heading to the Bjornling lands in the North.

Most peopel don't care. So much traffic they can't be bothered.

Once I’m in I figure out when the Directorates are having their weekly meeting again.  

Yep.

If I have to wait, then I head to Noormanswijk (Norscantown) and wait there until the meeting I make sure I have money enough for it, though I DON'T flash gold anywhere, I just stick to silver and copper.  I don't need my cover blown because of a poor attempt at a mugging.

Okay. They seem to be good, hearty folk and you blend well, though a couple lasses give you a wink. One, who seems to be dressed in armor and reasonably well armed walks up next to you and looks over. "What is your name."

She looks like this. http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/062/6/f/procreate_doodle__viking_girl_by_grantgoboom-d5wx301.jpg

When the meeting starts I come in to watch.  Ready to leap in at the proper moment.

Okay, around what moment would you decide to.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceraptor Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:31 am

Brian Boru wrote:
So onward to Nuln, the home of the Gunnery School and according to some the most modern city in all the Empire.

Roll 2 d100s for events along the way.

Well, let's see what *other* nasties I run into.

Aceraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:31 am

The member 'Aceraptor' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd100' : 15, 96

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:23 am

Vargr Skarin

Gear: The usual, hunting spears, sling and a bag of metal shot, boar-hide cloak

Brian Boru wrote:Look on the bright side, there are going to be dozens of young women starving for male faces other than their blood kin.

... my powers of prophecy lead me to believe I will soon be going 'godsdammit Mort'.

You do manage to make two cloaks out of the thing.  Mort thanks you for it and says he thinks he looks like a real Artois man now.  He DOESN’T!

Yeah, he needs a little bit more grizzle and gruff. And by a little I mean a lot. Like shovelfuls.

Alright.

The week of the meet soon arrives, hundreds of knights come with their wives, sisters, and daughters.  Most of them seem utterly fascinated with young Mort, who managed to some how get one of his Brionne made outfits through that insane mess that was your journey in one piece.  A few however seem more interested in you.  Two of them go through a cycle of whisper, glance, giggle and repeat.  The other stands a bit away from the rest of the party and flushes if you look in her direction.

Parties are definitely not my natural habitat, but I make an effort to mingle with the knights and talk shop and try to pick up as much as I can about the duchy's political situation in the process. That's the whole point of my being here, after all. Well, that and putting my name out there and fostering good relations.

As for the pretty faces? Social minefield. Not as much as the Damsel was, but it's still pinging my Spidey-sense pretty heavily.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironforge Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:32 am

Name:
Cameron

Titles:
-The Wanderer
-High King
-Lord of the north
-Hammer of the North
-Wolf King
-The Strong

Rune items:

Time in Verse and date:

Faction:
True Norscans

High King

Personal Wealth:
19014 GP, 11 Sp, 6 Pp

Family:

Vassals:

Retainers:

Pack:
Winter Wolves:

Personal Holdings:
Raised hall x1
Stone wall x1
house x 600
Pier x1

Personal Army:
-Axe and Board x300
-Great Weapon x200
-Archers x100

Personal Guard:
Norscan Heros x 10

Personal Steed:

Inventory:

Brian Boru wrote:The gigantic creatures barely stand a chance and it isn't long before they are all dead at your feet, the calves’ squealing was a bit unpleasant.

But you soon haul the massive carcasses back to the giants who goggle at the strength of the little man in front of them.  The clumsily that you for your efforts.

Do you stay with them or do you head on, if you head on roll a d100

If they have enough they have enough food to last them until the male can heal up then me and my men will push. If not, then me and my men will spend one more day to hunt and gather food for the giant family, before pushing on after that.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4425254/
1d100 → [29] = (29)
Ironforge
Ironforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:28 am

Psyckosama wrote:Twas but twins.

I jest.

That got a laugh from those that heard it.

I guess I'll send an order to nuln for one to be build on a frame of iron.

Emmanuelle would love to have one made for you.

I laugh.

Heh

WULD!  YOL!

"From above?" :p

Ludwig is dead silent....where did that tumbleweed come from?

Depends on the Thu'um I roll.

And now?

"Would you like some cheese with your whine, dearest?"

I swoop her up and kiss her, "I wouldn't mind you!"

Well, he's able to suck the fun out of any room...

Yeah that sounds about right.

They suggest forgoing bathing then.

"Hey ....we do bathe for the summer solstice.  And most find that kind of excessive."

Most peopel don't care. So much traffic they can't be bothered.

I head on in then.

Yep.

Alright.

Okay. They seem to be good, hearty folk and you blend well, though a couple lasses give you a wink. One, who seems to be dressed in armor and reasonably well armed walks up next to you and looks over. "What is your name."

She looks like this. http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/062/6/f/procreate_doodle__viking_girl_by_grantgoboom-d5wx301.jpg

I blink a moment, then grin back at her and say, "Olaf Ulfssen, just come in from the Empire.  And what's your's?"

Friendly but not going to go to far, might be good for information gathering.

Okay, around what moment would you decide to.

Most likely they follow a routine where they 'discuss' matters then come to an agreement, then they'll announce "Is there any matter that need to be discussed?"  Then I'll shout, "Yes! There is!"  Then I leap down to the center of the meeting.  "There's the matter of the illegal secession of Marienburg and the Westerlands from the Empire using an illegal bribe to the deposed Emperor Dieter IV!  Another issue is Emperor Karl Franz deciding to said province in rebellion back into the Empire."

"I am Skarin Beowulfsson von Drakwald.  Lord of the Drakwald and the new Elector Count of the Westerlands, and I am here to make my claim.  Staadtholder, your services are no longer required, your new lord has come to claim his rights."

I'll let them react from there.

Well, let's see what *other* nasties I run into.

15, 96

The first half of the trek actually goes very well.  Half way to Nuln you run into a band of Knights of the Iron Shield, a local order.  The leader of the group, a young man named von Konigburg sees you dragging the beast along and immediately asks your name and how you managed to bring down the massive beast.

... my powers of prophecy lead me to believe I will soon be going 'godsdammit Mort'.

Well some of it considering how many of the young men at the party are foaming at the mouth.

Yeah, he needs a little bit more grizzle and gruff. And by a little I mean a lot. Like shovelfuls.

More like truckloads full.

Parties are definitely not my natural habitat, but I make an effort to mingle with the knights and talk shop and try to pick up as much as I can about the duchy's political situation in the process. That's the whole point of my being here, after all. Well, that and putting my name out there and fostering good relations.

As for the pretty faces? Social minefield. Not as much as the Damsel was, but it's still pinging my Spidey-sense pretty heavily.

You manage to do well with the knights, they have a ton of experience fighting beastmen and they are fascinated with what you managed to do in the forest with the Duke.  It’s a fine experience.  Later on when the music starts up and people begin to dance, Mort somehow manages to successfully dance with three women.  Meanwhile one of the gigglers a pretty girl with green eyes walks up to you and asks if you would dance with her, she hasn’t had anyone ask and it’s lonely standing along the wall.

You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread - Page 28 Wrong_draw_by_HuronGirl

Cameron

Titles:
-The Wanderer
-High King
-Lord of the north
-Hammer of the North
-Wolf King
-The Strong

Rune items:

Time in Verse and date:

Faction:
True Norscans

High King

Personal Wealth:
19014 GP, 11 Sp, 6 Pp

Family:

Vassals:

Retainers:

Pack:
Winter Wolves:

Personal Holdings:
Raised hall x1
Stone wall x1
house x 600
Pier x1

Personal Army:
-Axe and Board x300
-Great Weapon x200
-Archers x100

Personal Guard:
Norscan Heros x 10

Personal Steed:

Inventory:

If they have enough they have enough food to last them until the male can heal up then me and my men will push. If not, then me and my men will spend one more day to hunt and gather food for the giant family, before pushing on after that.

They have more than enough and thank you again.  You head on.  The trek goes surprisingly well getting through Sarl and Skaeling territory with little issue.  Then you reach the lands of the Baersonlings.  These folk are normally considered a southern tribe but they are more agressive than any of the other southern tribes, frequently raiding into Kislev.  They also have more Werefolk among them than any of the other tribes, particularly Bears.  They also haven’t had any contact with your folk since you became king.

You’ve just crossed the border of the Baersonlings when you encounter a raiding party cutting through troll country from Kislev on their way home.  Numbering easily several hundred they see your small band and quickly catch up to you.  Their leader, a hairy burly individual who you think might be a werebear looks you over and asks who you are, where you are from, and where you are going.[/quote]
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:41 am

Brian Boru wrote:
That got a laugh from those that heard it.

I laugh with them.

Emmanuelle would love to have one made for you.

She has my thanks

Heh

WULD!  YOL!

I have to test Wuld with one of my jumps.

Ludwig is dead silent....where did that tumbleweed come from?

"No, seriously. I can jump a league. I intend to literally land in their midst"

And now?

"Listen for the words Fus Roh Da. Believe me. You'll hear them. EVERYONE will hear them."

I swoop her up and kiss her, "I wouldn't mind you!"

"Well you already have me...

Yeah that sounds about right.

Heh.

"Hey ....we do bathe for the summer solstice.  And most find that kind of excessive."

Long pause.

I blink a moment, then grin back at her and say, "Olaf Ulfssen, just come in from the Empire.  And what's your's?"

"Aldi."

Friendly but not going to go to far, might be good for information gathering.

Heh. We'll see.

Most likely they follow a routine where they 'discuss' matters then come to an agreement, then they'll announce "Is there any matter that need to be discussed?"  Then I'll shout, "Yes! There is!"  Then I leap down to the center of the meeting.  "There's the matter of the illegal secession of Marienburg and the Westerlands from the Empire using an illegal bribe to the deposed Emperor Dieter IV!  Another issue is Emperor Karl Franz deciding to said province in rebellion back into the Empire."

"I am Skarin Beowulfsson von Drakwald.  Lord of the Drakwald and the new Elector Count of the Westerlands, and I am here to make my claim.  Staadtholder, your services are no longer required, your new lord has come to claim his rights."

I'll let them react from there.

There's a long pause and one of the directors speaks up. "Someone take that idiot into custody."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceraptor Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:49 am

Brian Boru wrote:The first half of the trek actually goes very well.  Half way to Nuln you run into a band of Knights of the Iron Shield, a local order.  The leader of the group, a young man named von Konigburg sees you dragging the beast along and immediately asks your name and how you managed to bring down the massive beast.

"With a rock. A very big rock to be fair, and it was diving at us, but a rock that I can throw isn't something to be dismissed." I replied with a smile.

Let them extrapolate the amount of strength I have from the way I'm able to drag the huge carcass like nothing.

Aceraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironforge Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:07 am

Cameron

Titles:
-The Wanderer
-High King
-Lord of the north
-Hammer of the North
-Wolf King
-The Strong

Rune items:

Time in Verse and date:
Time: 12 months, 3 week

Faction:
True Norscans

High King

Personal Wealth:
19014 GP, 11 Sp, 6 Pp

Family:

Vassals:

Retainers:

Pack:
Winter Wolves:

Personal Holdings:
Raised hall x1
Stone wall x1
house x 600
Pier x1

Personal Army:
-Axe and Board x300
-Great Weapon x200
-Archers x100

Personal Guard:
Norscan Heros x 10

Personal Steed:

Inventory:
3 sets of working clothes, 7 sets of clothes, 2 high grade clothes, 3 boots, sea serpent fang necklace, set of King's clothes and cape x1[/quote]

Brian Boru wrote:
They have more than enough and thank you again.  You head on.  The trek goes surprisingly well getting through Sarl and Skaeling territory with little issue.  Then you reach the lands of the Baersonlings.  These folk are normally considered a southern tribe but they are more aggressive than any of the other southern tribes, frequently raiding into Kislev.  They also have more Werefolk among them than any of the other tribes, particularly Bears.  They also haven’t had any contact with your folk since you became king.

You've just crossed the border of the Baersonlings when you encounter a raiding party cutting through troll country from Kislev on their way home.  Numbering easily several hundred they see your small band and quickly catch up to you.  Their leader, a hairy burly individual who you think might be a werebear looks you over and asks who you are, where you are from, and where you are going.

Wheeling around to face there leader and giving the man the same look over as he himself. "I am Cameron the Wanderer, High King of the North, Slayer of Clan Graelings, Enemy of the Four and Uniter of the true Norscan. So who might ask are you Warrior of Clan Baersonlings?"

Then after getting his name.

"I march with my men on a mission to slay the forces of the 4 and to see one more of the plots of the 4 destroyed before it can even start."
Ironforge
Ironforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:28 am

Vargr Skarin

Well some of it considering how many of the young men at the party are foaming at the mouth.

... somehow I am not surprised.

More like truckloads full.

Ha!

You manage to do well with the knights, they have a ton of experience fighting beastmen and they are fascinated with what you managed to do in the forest with the Duke.  It’s a fine experience.  Later on when the music starts up and people begin to dance, Mort somehow manages to successfully dance with three women.  Meanwhile one of the gigglers a pretty girl with green eyes walks up to you and asks if you would dance with her, she hasn’t had anyone ask and it’s lonely standing along the wall.

I reply that while it's certainly regrettable that a lovely young lady is lonely due to the young men preferring to pout like offended six-year-olds, I'm in rather poor position to save her from that fate for one simple reason. I don't dance. I am, after all, new to Bretonnia and 'civilized' lands as a whole. Where would I have learned?
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:07 am

Psyckosama wrote:I laugh with them.

Heh

She has my thanks

She’s glad to do it.

I have to test Wuld with one of my jumps.

superman ain’t got nothin’ on you.

"No, seriously. I can jump a league. I intend to literally land in their midst"

“...how well can you aim…” talk about ice in his blood.

"Listen for the words Fus Roh Da. Believe me. You'll hear them. EVERYONE will hear them."

They agree and to the city the two of you go. How do you want to do this?

Companions: Cosmina formerly of Sylvania, Initiate to the Temple of Morr, now fiancee; Fuck Huge Winter Wolf (Fenris).

"Well you already have me…

I kiss her neck and say, “You know what I mean…”

Long pause.

….Right moving on….

"Aldi."

“Well met Aldi. What brings you to this city?” I listen to her answer then if she asks why I’m here I tell her that I’m looking for a ship heading back to Bjornling land. I tell it’s been years since I left home and if she knows anything news about the North or if she doesn’t who I might ask.

Heh. We'll see.

What have you got up your sleeve you sneak?

There's a long pause and one of the directors speaks up. "Someone take that idiot into custody."

I grin, “That’s not going to work.”

When a guard tries to apprehend me I finger flick him into a wall. If any others try I repeat the process. “I can keep this up all week, so I’d rather the directors surrender the city and come with me, there are a few people I’d have you see.”

"With a rock. A very big rock to be fair, and it was diving at us, but a rock that I can throw isn't something to be dismissed." I replied with a smile.

Let them extrapolate the amount of strength I have from the way I'm able to drag the huge carcass like nothing.

They seem duly impressed and ask that you come with them to their chapter house for their monthly meeting. If you accept then it’s one hell of a fun time. Drinking, feasting singing, boasting and a bit of brawling.

von Konigburg later during the hoopla asks if the two of you could speak in private, he has something he’d like to discuss with you.

Ironforge wrote:Cameron

Titles:
-The Wanderer
-High King
-Lord of the north
-Hammer of the North
-Wolf King
-The Strong

Rune items:

Time in Verse and date:
Time: 12 months, 3 week

Faction:
True Norscans

High King

Personal Wealth:
19014 GP, 11 Sp, 6 Pp

Family:

Vassals:

Retainers:

Pack:
Winter Wolves:

Personal Holdings:
Raised hall x1
Stone wall x1
house x 600
Pier x1

Personal Army:
-Axe and Board x300
-Great Weapon x200
-Archers x100

Personal Guard:
Norscan Heros x 10

Personal Steed:

Inventory:

Wheeling around to face there leader and giving the man the same look over as he himself. "I am Cameron the Wanderer, High King of the North, Slayer of Clan Graelings, Enemy of the Four and Uniter of the true Norscan. So who might ask are you Warrior of Clan Baersonlings?"

Many of the Baersonlings blanch when they hear your name. They’ve apparently heard about you and what you did to the Graelings.

The leader isn’t one of them. “I’m Balgruuf Ironpaw, a chieftan among the Baersonlings. I’ve heard of Cameron, he’s supposed to be able to kill entire armies single handed. I personally don’t believe it though.”

Then after getting his name.

"I march with my men on a mission to slay the forces of the 4 and to see one more of the plots of the 4 destroyed before it can even start."

He chuckles at that. “Maybe if you started a hundred years ago but there isn’t anything you
can do now. We Southern clans will have to do what we’ve always done, follow the march south and hope this time we won’t get massacred.”

... somehow I am not surprised.

Mort seems to have a way with men and women.

I reply that while it's certainly regrettable that a lovely young lady is lonely due to the young men preferring to pout like offended six-year-olds, I'm in rather poor position to save her from that fate for one simple reason. I don't dance. I am, after all, new to Bretonnia and 'civilized' lands as a whole. Where would I have learned?

She giggles and says that it is quite alright, this is a very simple dance and she could teach you. As for the Artois men, she says that most of the girls have heard so many stories about the gallant and romantic Brionne men that their heads were spinning when they heard Mortimer was going to be present. She on the other hand took one look and wasn't all that impressed.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 32 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next