Giant Stompy Robots
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

+4
Rieverre
Ironforge
Psyckosama
Brian Boru
8 posters

Page 29 of 32 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next

Go down

You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread - Page 29 Empty Re: You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

Post by Psyckosama Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:16 am

Brian Boru wrote:
She’s glad to do it.

I'll make sure to take her for a ride first.... well... after its been tested.

superman ain’t got nothin’ on you.

Nice. How fast could I get to the dwarf holds now?

“...how well can you aim…”  talk about ice in his blood.

"Depends on the jump distance. If its just a hop I can be very accurate."

They agree and to the city the two of you go.  How do you want to do this?

We'll first we need to discuss our lines. Otherwise the plan is to interrupt the meeting, terroize the directiors into submission, then if need be break the defenses of the city. I know we can take down walls with pathetic ease and he's seen what my Thu'um can do to trees. Imagine massed formations of men.

Name: Skarin Beowulfsson
Titles: Future Elector Count of the Westerlands and Marienburg, Lord of a part of the Drakwald, Chosen of Ulric, Called Dwarf Friend by Rune Master Thorek Ironbrow.
Equipment: Towershield and Spiked Battle-ax
Cash: 6989 GC 18 ss
Affiliation: Formerly Cult of Morr, currently of the Cult of Ulric
Companions: Cosmina formerly of Sylvania, Initiate to the Temple of Morr, now fiancee;  Fuck Huge Winter Wolf (Fenris).
Other Gear: Book on Imperial History, book on Ulrician cult, man carrying gear, noble outfit in Northern Style

I kiss her neck and say, “You know what I mean…”

She tackles you.

….Right moving on….

Heh.

“Well met Aldi.  What brings you to this city?”  I listen to her answer then if she asks why I’m here I tell her that I’m looking for a ship heading back to Bjornling land.  I tell it’s been years since I left home and if she knows anything news about the North or if she doesn’t who I might ask.

"Buisness. I was told I'd find my fortune here."

What have you got up your sleeve you sneak?

See previous answer.

I grin, “That’s not going to work.”

When a guard tries to apprehend me I finger flick him into a wall.  If any others try I repeat the process.  “I can keep this up all week, so I’d rather the directors surrender the city and come with me, there are a few people I’d have you see.”

"Kill this fool!"

Psyckosama
Admin

https://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread - Page 29 Empty Re: You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

Post by Rieverre Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:27 am

Vargr Skarin

Gear: The usual, hunting spears, sling and a bag of metal shot, boar-hide cloak

Loot: all of 14 silver's worth to his name

Brian Boru wrote:She giggles and says that it is quite alright, this is a very simple dance and she could teach you.  As for the Artois men, she says that most of the girls have heard so many stories about the gallant and romantic Brionne men that their heads were spinning when they heard Mortimer was going to be present.  She on the other hand took one look and wasn't all that impressed.

"Being gallant and romantic is how he ended up in Artois in the first place," I chuckle, and relate an abridged version of how I met Mort and the ... tribulations ... that his exploits led us to encountering on the road. "He's a good friend, but it appears to be in his nature to ..."

I gesture towards where Mort is entertaining.

As for the dance, well, I shan't let it be said that I went out of my way to avoid learning something new.

Though I can't quite stop myself from remarking ... "How much was the wager to dance with the Northman savage, by the by?"
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:33 am

Psyckosama wrote:I'll make sure to take her for a ride first.... well... after its been tested.

She'll take you up on it.

Nice. How fast could I get to the dwarf holds now?

PDQ

"Depends on the jump distance. If its just a hop I can be very accurate."

Grunt and nod.

We'll first we need to discuss our lines. Otherwise the plan is to interrupt the meeting, terroize the directiors into submission, then if need be break the defenses of the city. I know we can take down walls with pathetic ease and he's seen what my Thu'um can do to trees. Imagine massed formations of men.

The two of you manage to get into the city with relative ease, the fact that the two of you a Rieklander Blacksmith and a Norscan, causes few eyebrows to rise but otherwise little else. Asking around you find out that the directors will be meeting in three days. You manage to find a cheap flophouse in Suiddock. As you head out to get the lay of the city you notice a little woman selling sausages and beer from a small boat in the channel next to your place. Everyone in the Suiddock who sees her happily calls her granny and buys something from her.

Valten seems hungry enough to give her a try.

Titles: Future Elector Count of the Westerlands and Marienburg, Lord of a part of the Drakwald, Chosen of Ulric, Called Dwarf Friend by Rune Master Thorek Ironbrow.
Companions: Cosmina formerly of Sylvania, Initiate to the Temple of Morr, now fiancee;  Fuck Huge Winter Wolf (Fenris).
Other Gear: Book on Imperial History, book on Ulrician cult, man carrying gear, noble outfit in Northern Style

She tackles you.

"Arrgh! Help! A wild woman has laid me low!" Then I growl and fade to black....

"Buisness. I was told I'd find my fortune here."

"Really? Any hints as to what it might be and how to find it?"

See previous answer.

Right

"Kill this fool!"

Frowning, I raise one foot and stomp enough to make the building rattle, "ENOUGH! I will ask you one more time. Either surrender the city and come with me, or I will tear this building down and then start with the city walls. Don't think I won't!"

I take a sword from one of the black caps and roll the thing into a ball like it was playdough. "Does that prove my point?"
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceraptor Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:10 am

Name: Marcus Raynor
Coin: 211 Gold, 3 Silver
Rune Items: Bastard sword, battle axe
Apparel: Fine Utilitarian Bretonnian clothing

Brian Boru wrote:They seem duly impressed and ask that you come with them to their chapter house for their monthly meeting.  If you accept then it’s one hell of a fun time.  Drinking, feasting singing, boasting and a bit of brawling.

Heh, and I'll of course accept, and I'll drink everyone under the table.  Razz And win at all the brawls.

von Konigburg later during the hoopla asks if the two of you could speak in private, he has something he’d like to discuss with you.

Of course, what does he need?

Aceraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironforge Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:55 am

Cameron

Titles:
-The Wanderer
-High King
-Lord of the north
-Hammer of the North
-Wolf King
-The Strong

Rune items:
Gauntlets and Greaves(With dwarfs)

Time in Verse and date:
Year: 2219
Time: 12 months, 3 week

Faction:
True Norscans

High King

Personal Wealth:
19014 GP, 11 Sp, 6 Pp

Family:
Kenna:Wife, Queen of Norsca, Shield maiden

Vassals:
Jarl Ingvar Bloodscreamer: Adviser, Left hand of the King
Jarl Ulf Skullcracker: Battlermaster, Right hand of the King
-Has five Norscan heros units serving him as his fingers.
Renee d'Artigen: Steward,

Retainers:
Urist Stonefist (Expert Stonemason) (20 Gp a month and housing)

People in personal holding:
Men: 600 (305 married)
Women: 305
Children: 605
Total: 1,510

Pack:
Winter Wolves:
Shadow: Wolf Alpha, Male, Winter wolf
Male: 6
Female: 6
Total: 12

Personal Holdings:
Raised hall x1
Stone wall x1
house x 600
Secondary stone wall with towers x1
Pier x1
Tertiary reinforced cement walls with towers x1

Personal Army:
Bondsmen: 600
-Axe and Board x300
-Great Weapon x200
-Archers x100
Total: 600

Personal Guard:
Norscan Heros x 10

Personal Steed:
Fimbulvetr: Great sleipnir stallion in plate barding

Inventory:
3 sets of working clothes, 7 sets of clothes, 2 high grade clothes, 3 boots, sea serpent fang necklace, set of King's clothes and cape x1

Brian Boru wrote:Many of the Baersonlings blanch when they hear your name.  They've apparently heard about you and what you did to the Graelings.  

The leader isn't one of them. “I’m Balgruuf Ironpaw, a chieftan among the Baersonlings.  I've heard of Cameron, he’s supposed to be able to kill entire armies single handed.  I personally don’t believe it though."

He chuckles at that.  “Maybe if you started a hundred years ago but there isn't anything you can do now.  We Southern clans will have to do what we've always done, follow the march south and hope this time we won’t get massacred.”
Letting my eyes bore in the man. "You would just lay down and heed the call of the 4 like some timid, fat and weak lowland southerner? After hearing of Clan Graelings culling, after learning that there are those who would fight, battle and win these strong lands back once an for all for true Norscans and the All-Father." I ask with rising disgust and anger.

"Where is your strength Baersonling?! Where is your Valor!? Where is your martial might that even those of the North hear of and respect!? Or have the great warrior bears of the south, those truly blessed by the All-Father, become nothing more then curs for the 4.

Too eager to please and afraid of the 4, to have the courage to try to grasp their freedom for there own? To afraid to earn a place in the halls of Valhalla instead of the festering pits of the 4?

Well Chief Balgruuf Ironpaw, what say you? Are you a Bear or are you a dog?"
Ironforge
Ironforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:34 pm

Brian Boru wrote:She'll take you up on it.

Wonderful!

PDQ

Nice. I might have to pay a visit and chat with some folk. Or at least stop by for dinner and bring some bugmans.

Grunt and nod.

Evil grin.

The two of you manage to get into the city with relative ease, the fact that the two of you a Rieklander Blacksmith and a Norscan, causes few eyebrows to rise but otherwise little else.  Asking around you find out that the directors will be meeting in three days.  You manage to find a cheap flophouse in Suiddock.  As you head out to get the lay of the city you notice a little woman selling sausages and beer from a small boat in the channel next to your place.  Everyone in the Suiddock who sees her happily calls her granny and buys something from her.

Valten seems hungry enough to give her a try.  

I pull him over and whisper low and in a tone noone else will hear. "Granny there is an interesting woman. She is Director Jaan van de Kuypers' grandmother. She fled her family when Jaan summoned a demon to murder his family and blamed his brother. She's the one we're going to talk to when we hand that maniac over to the Witchhunters for trial and execution."

"Arrgh! Help!  A wild woman has laid me low!"  Then I growl and fade to black....

Laid is right.

"Really?  Any hints as to what it might be and how to find it?"

"It was quite explicit actually."

Frowning, I raise one foot and stomp enough to make the building rattle, "ENOUGH!  I will ask you one more time.  Either surrender the city and come with me, or I will tear this building down and then start with the city walls.  Don't think I won't!"

I take a sword from one of the black caps and roll the thing into a ball like it was playdough.  "Does that prove my point?"

"Chaos worshiper!" one of them accuses. "Wizards!"

You think its Jaan van de Kuypers.

Several men in robes gather around you.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:59 am

Rieverre wrote:Vargr Skarin

"Being gallant and romantic is how he ended up in Artois in the first place," I chuckle, and relate an abridged version of how I met Mort and the ... tribulations ... that his exploits led us to encountering on the road. "He's a good friend, but it appears to be in his nature to ..."

I gesture towards where Mort is entertaining.

Her laugh is like bells….you didn’t think that was actually a thing, then she says she thought as much.

As for the dance, well, I shan't let it be said that I went out of my way to avoid learning something new.

Though I can't quite stop myself from remarking ... "How much was the wager to dance with the Northman savage, by the by?"

You learn relatively easily, it really was a simple dance.  As for the other question, no she wasn’t making a bet.

Aceraptor wrote:Name: Marcus Raynor

Heh, and I'll of course accept, and I'll drink everyone under the table.  Razz And win at all the brawls.

They love yah, your friend, not so much.

Of course, what does he need?

He’s the eldest son of Lord von Konigburg and will inherit when the time comes, as such he has duties to keep alive until he can inherit, but he want’s one more grand adventure before he takes up his duties, like all the Iron Shields do at one point or another.  There has been a rumor of a Jabberwocky come down from the mountains ravaging the countryside.  The Ironshields have the honor to deal with the beast.  Seeing how you’ve had obvious experience dealing with twisted beasts would you accompany the Iron Shields on this hunt.

Ironforge wrote:Cameron

Titles:
-The Wanderer
-High King
-Lord of the north
-Hammer of the North
-Wolf King
-The Strong

Rune items:

Time in Verse and date:

Faction:
True Norscans

High King

Personal Wealth:
19014 GP, 11 Sp, 6 Pp

Family:

Vassals:

Retainers:

Pack:
Winter Wolves:

Personal Holdings:
Raised hall x1
Stone wall x1
house x 600
Pier x1

Personal Army:
-Axe and Board x300
-Great Weapon x200
-Archers x100

Personal Guard:
Norscan Heros x 10

Personal Steed:

Inventory:
3 sets of working clothes, 7 sets of clothes, 2 high grade clothes, 3 boots, sea serpent fang necklace, set of King's clothes and cape x1

Letting my eyes bore in the man. "You would just lay down and heed the call of the 4 like some timid, fat and weak lowland southerner? After hearing of Clan Graelings culling, after learning that there are those who would fight, battle and win these strong lands back once an for all for true Norscans and the All-Father." I ask with rising disgust and anger.

"Where is your strength Baersonling?! Where is your Valor!? Where is your martial might that even those of the North hear of and respect!? Or have the great warrior bears of the south, those truly blessed by the All-Father, become nothing more than curs for the 4.

Too eager to please and afraid of the 4, to have the courage to try to grasp their freedom for there own? To afraid to earn a place in the halls of Valhalla instead of the festering pits of the 4?

Well Chief Balgruuf Ironpaw, what say you? Are you a Bear or are you a dog?"

He stares long and hard at you, his face reddens and he wants to strike out at you, but he manages to keep his hands at his side.

“I am a bear!”, and he actually changes, gaining a foot in height, fur covering his body, claws like iron spikes sprout from his fingers.  And his head turns into that of a monstrous bear.  His eyes glowing like hell fire.

“I want to fight the four, throw them off the Baersonlings for so long, but I will not if it means the eternal destruction of my people.  But if you are truly all that you say you are, then maybe I might throw my weight behind you.  But you must prove it to me and my folk.  There is a band of Aeslings that have caused much trouble for our kinfolk in the next clan over.  If you can deal with them then I will make sure that the Baersonlings will at least listen to you.”

Psyckosama wrote:Nice. I might have to pay a visit and chat with some folk. Or at least stop by for dinner and bring some bugmans.

Heh

Evil grin.

I think his moustache quivered though that might have been an itchy nose.

I pull him over and whisper low and in a tone noone else will hear. "Granny there is an interesting woman.  She is Director Jaan van de Kuypers' grandmother. She fled her family when Jaan summoned a demon to murder his family and blamed his brother. She's the one we're going to talk to when we hand that maniac over to the Witchhunters for trial and execution."

He stares at you, “How do you know that?  Do we approach her now?”

Laid is right.

giggity

"It was quite explicit actually."

“Alright now I’m curious.”

"Chaos worshiper!" one of them accuses. "Wizards!"

You think its Jaan van de Kuypers.

Several men in robes gather around you.

Moving faster than any man could hope to move I give the wizards knockout punches.

Then I turn to Jaan, the wolf fury glowing in my eyes.  “That is rich Master van de Kuypers, considering what I know about you.  I had an interesting conversation with someone you know just recently, she told me a very interesting story about what really happened to your family that night.  Something the witch hunters will be VERY interested in knowing about.”

P.S.: I made sure to talk to old Granny before I jumped in on the meeting.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:34 am

Heh

Iwonder. IF I completed the shout would I be able to make it there and carry something as gift before it turned or went cold?

[quote]
I think his moustache quivered though that might have been an itchy nose.[quote]

ITchy nose of course.

He stares at you, “How do you know that?  Do we approach her now?”

"If you'd like... though it does beg the question does her patriotism come before her desire for justice? Either way... I could use a snack."

“Alright now I’m curious.”

"That a living god would take me to his bed and I'd bare him a son," she looks at you. "You have the look of the wolf about you."

Moving faster than any man could hope to move I give the wizards knockout punches.

d100?

Then I turn to Jaan, the wolf fury glowing in my eyes.  “That is rich Master van de Kuypers, considering what I know about you.  I had an interesting conversation with someone you know just recently, she told me a very interesting story about what really happened to your family that night.  Something the witch hunters will be VERY interested in knowing about.”

P.S.: I made sure to talk to old Granny before I jumped in on the meeting.

He recoils for a moment. "What utter nonsense!"

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceraptor Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:55 am

Brian Boru wrote:They love yah, your friend, not so much.

Well, Wood elf, so yeah, lotsa conflict, but as long as things don't turn violent that's fine.

He’s the eldest son of Lord von Konigburg and will inherit when the time comes, as such he has duties to keep alive until he can inherit, but he want’s one more grand adventure before he takes up his duties, like all the Iron Shields do at one point or another.  There has been a rumor of a Jabberwocky come down from the mountains ravaging the countryside.  The Ironshields have the honor to deal with the beast.  Seeing how you’ve had obvious experience dealing with twisted beasts would you accompany the Iron Shields on this hunt.

"That sounds like a worthy task, I'd be honored to accompany you to slay this beast. The less of their kind that are around the better."

And then off to slay the beast.

Aceraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:28 am

Psyckosama wrote:Iwonder. IF I completed the shout would I be able to make it there and carry something as  gift before it turned or went cold?

Heh well you could try I guess.

ITchy nose of course.

Heh

"If you'd like... though it does beg the question does her patriotism come before her desire for justice? Either way... I could use a snack."

"At this point I think all she wants at this point is her revenge on what her grandson did."

The two of you approach the old woman, she smiles sweetly and asks if she could offer the two of you a pair of ales and sausages.

"That a living god would take me to his bed and I'd bare him a son," she looks at you. "You have the look of the wolf about you."

I blink at that. "That is...specific, did they say what that...'son' was going to do?"

"I might but what does having the wolf about me have anything to do with with this foretelling of yours?"

d100?

Dice gods don't fail me now.

Brian Boru carried out 1 launched of one d100 :

He recoils for a moment. "What utter nonsense!"

If I managed to bring the old lady with me I say, "Oh nonsense is it? What would your grandmother say to that?"

The old lady should hopefully be standing where I had been before.

If I didn't, then I start airing the council's dirty laundry. Hopefully someone will crack.

Well, Wood elf, so yeah, lotsa conflict, but as long as things don't turn violent that's fine.

It doesn't but she feels likes she fell into a wolf den.

That sounds like a worthy task, I'd be honored to accompany you to slay this beast. The less of their kind that are around the better."

And then off to slay the beast.

Your friend also volunteers, to keep you from doing something you'd both regret she claims. The party rides out, banners flying and armor shining. Roll a d100 for searching.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceraptor Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:54 am

Brian Boru wrote:It doesn't but she feels likes she fell into a wolf den.

Quite understandable, Wood elves dont have the best of relations with the Empire.

Your friend also volunteers, to keep you from doing something you'd both regret she claims.  The party rides out, banners flying and armor shining.  Roll a d100 for searching.

Right, this might be interesting.

Aceraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:54 am

The member 'Aceraptor' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd100' : 65

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironforge Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:03 am

Cameron

Titles:
-The Wanderer
-High King
-Lord of the north
-Hammer of the North
-Wolf King
-The Strong

Rune items:

Time in Verse and date:

Faction:
True Norscans

High King

Personal Wealth:
19014 GP, 11 Sp, 6 Pp

Family:

Vassals:

Retainers:

Pack:
Winter Wolves:

Personal Holdings:
Raised hall x1
Stone wall x1
house x 600
Pier x1

Personal Army:
-Axe and Board x300
-Great Weapon x200
-Archers x100

Personal Guard:
Norscan Heros x 10

Personal Steed:

Inventory:

Brian Boru wrote:He stares long and hard at you, his face reddens and he wants to strike out at you, but he manages to keep his hands at his side.

“I am a bear!”, and he actually changes, gaining a foot in height, fur covering his body, claws like iron spikes sprout from his fingers.  And his head turns into that of a monstrous bear.  His eyes glowing like hell fire.

“I want to fight the four, throw them off the Baersonlings for so long, but I will not if it means the eternal destruction of my people.  But if you are truly all that you say you are, then maybe I might throw my weight behind you.  But you must prove it to me and my folk.  There is a band of Aeslings that have caused much trouble for our kinfolk in the next clan over.  If you can deal with them then I will make sure that the Baersonlings will at least listen to you.”
Taking a second to fully take in the man's words and his anger and spirit, looking to see if there is deceit in his heart or words and finding none for now. I offering my hand to the man. "Then give me your fasted man to act as guide an witness and I will return to you the head of this band to you. As I can not tally long on this task with my current venture, but I will see it done before I move on."

Then after I am given his man, I take off with him and my pack to put to sword more foul beasts in human skin the worship the 4 that taint my peoples home.
Ironforge
Ironforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:55 am

Vargr Skarin

Brian Boru wrote:Her laugh is like bells….you didn’t think that was actually a thing, then she says she thought as much.

"I've never been overly fond of it myself. Too many mournful sighs, long looks, and the inevitably tragic ending. Or was that something I read?"

You learn relatively easily, it really was a simple dance.  As for the other question, no she wasn’t making a bet.

Well, it would be a pity to not go and dance after all that. As for the bet, I nod solemnly and say that it's likely entirely out of the question now that she's demonstrated I'm house-trained and everything.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:47 am

Brian Boru wrote:Heh well you could try I guess.

Heh.

"At this point I think all she wants at this point is her revenge on what her grandson did."

"I think my young friend its time for baby bird to fly. You handle this one."

The two of you approach the old woman, she smiles sweetly and asks if she could offer the two of you a pair of ales and sausages.

I let Valten lead the way.

I blink at that.  "That is...specific, did they say what that...'son' was going to do?"

"Become King of all Norsca."

"I might but what does having the wolf about me have anything to do with with this foretelling of yours?"

She looks at you as if you're an idiot.

They worship Ulric as the head of the pantion up those ways.

Dice gods don't fail me now.

Much ass is kicked...

If I managed to bring the old lady with me I say, "Oh nonsense is it?  What would your grandmother say to that?"

The old lady should hopefully be standing where I had been before.

If I didn't, then I start airing the council's dirty laundry.  Hopefully someone will crack.

you never went looking for Granny. So unless you want to retcon it in with rp...

And what kind of dirty laundry?

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:01 am

Quite understandable, Wood elves dont have the best of relations with the Empire.

That and a bunch of boisterous 20something year old men aren't exactly the height of table manners.

Right, this might be interesting.

Heh

After several days of hunting you finally manage to find sign of the beast's passing.  It isn't pretty, a wrecked village, blood and guts everywhere and the few survivors are utterly, completely, and irrevocably bugfuck.  The elf checked then and she says that there isn't a hint of the people they were before.  The influence of the Jabberwocky.  But the tracks indicate that it is heading into a more heavily populated part of the province.

Titles:
-The Wanderer
-High King
-Lord of the north
-Hammer of the North
-Wolf King
-The Strong

Rune items:

Time in Verse and date:

Faction:
True Norscans

High King

Personal Wealth:
19014 GP, 11 Sp, 6 Pp

Family:

Vassals:

Retainers:

Pack:
Winter Wolves:

Personal Holdings:
Raised hall x1
Stone wall x1
house x 600
Pier x1

Personal Army:
-Axe and Board x300
-Great Weapon x200
-Archers x100

Personal Guard:
Norscan Heros x 10

Personal Steed:

Inventory:

Taking a second to fully take in the man's words and his anger and spirit, looking to see if there is deceit in his heart or words and finding none for now. I offering my hand to the man. "Then give me your fasted man to act as guide an witness and I will return to you the head of this band to you. As I can not tally long on this task with my current venture, but I will see it done before I move on."

He thinks on it for a moment and says, "Alright, Trengyv!"  A wirey redhaird man comes forward.  "My best tracker.  He will follow you in all ways for as long as this hunt of yours lasts. We'll meet you..."  He indicates a mountain about 20 miles to the North East of your current location.

Then after I am given his man, I take off with him and my pack to put to sword more foul beasts in human skin the worship the 4 that taint my peoples home.

Roll a d100.

"I've never been overly fond of it myself. Too many mournful sighs, long looks, and the inevitably tragic ending. Or was that something I read?"

Well that got her laughing again.

Well, it would be a pity to not go and dance after all that. As for the bet, I nod solemnly and say that it's likely entirely out of the question now that she's demonstrated I'm house-trained and everything.

She seems to have fun. And you actually find yourself enjoying yourself with the young lady....who you still haven't gotten the name of.

She giggles again at your joke.

Psyckosama wrote:"I think my young friend its time for baby bird to fly. You handle this one."

He blinks but agrees, but could you keep your distance, don't want to terrify her and all that.  (he doesn't know what the Suiddock would do to anyone that harmed a hair on that old lady.)

I let Valten lead the way.

The two of you by a sausage and a beer each, then Valten nods your way then turns back to the old woman.  He starts up simply enough, but eventually he manages to twist the conversation towards your goals.  She seems distressed for a few moments occasionally but with a few words and reassurances manages to assuage her fears.  He eventually gets a promise from her to testify to the public against her grandson.

It was rather impressive, and you wonder when the hell he managed to learn that.

He looks to you and asks how he did.

"Become King of all Norsca."

That....hits like a sledgehammer....king of all of Norsca, no man had ever managed to do something like that. And someone of my blood, that, that is inciting as hell.

She looks at you as if you're an idiot.

They worship Ulric as the head of the pantion up those ways.

"I had to ask, women don't normally proposition like that unless they're from a bit further North than were even I came from."

"So ... if I'm really this god man, what else would I need to do besides being a King's Sire.  I...have someone I'm promised to..."

Much ass is kicked...

That nips one problem in the bud.

you never went looking for Granny. So unless you want to retcon it in with rp...

And what kind of dirty laundry?

Uugh, Summoning a Demon to slaughter your kin. van de Kuyper "Destroyed TWO Sea Elf ships on the Lustrian Run that Fooger was depending on."

Driving Fooger to things that can't be healthy for even a dwarf.  I glance over to him and mention that Rune master Thorek Ironbrow called me a Dwarf Friend, and in honor of that title, I beg him to take a vacation, away from this city.  Maybe go visit the mountains for a while, all this sea air can't possible be good for him or any dwarf over extended periods.

Stadtholder VAN RAEMERSWIJK's son's addiction to concoctions from some street thug who was trying to influence his votes.

Van Haagen getting into the slave selling business, there's no way you're able to spend as much as you are on the business you're legitimately in.

van Euwe and your son's dedication as a cultist of Lord Tsien-Tsien or as we call him here TZEENTCH!

OC:  All of these are real, look them up.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:21 am

Brian Boru wrote:He blinks but agrees, but could you keep your distance, don't want to terrify her and all that.  (he doesn't know what the Suiddock would do to anyone that harmed a hair on that old lady.)

"Do your thing."

The two of you by a sausage and a beer each, then Valten nods your way then turns back to the old woman.  He starts up simply enough, but eventually he manages to twist the conversation towards your goals.  She seems distressed for a few moments occasionally but with a few words and reassurances manages to assuage her fears.  He eventually gets a promise from her to testify to the public against her grandson.

Good.

It was rather impressive, and you wonder when the hell he managed to learn that.

He's a good study.

He looks to you and asks how he did.

You're a good study, kid. Keep it up. Wink

That....hits like a sledgehammer....king of all of Norsca, no man had ever managed to do something like that. And someone of my blood, that, that is inciting as hell.

Child of your loins motherfucker. Wink

"I had to ask, women don't normally proposition like that unless they're from a bit further North than were even I came from."

"Most aren't given crazed prophecies about popping out some god-spawned High King either."

"So ... if I'm really this god man, what else would I need to do besides being a King's Sire.  I...have someone I'm promised to..."

You get another look.

How many kids did Ulric have again?

So do you?

And what kind of dirty laundry?[/quote]

Uugh, Summoning a Demon to slaughter your kin. van de Kuyper  "Destroyed TWO Sea Elf ships on the Lustrian Run that Fooger was depending on."

Driving Fooger to things that can't be healthy for even a dwarf.  I glance over to him and mention that Rune master Thorek Ironbrow called me a Dwarf Friend, and in honor of that title, I beg him to take a vacation, away from this city.  Maybe go visit the mountains for a while, all this sea air can't possible be good for him or any dwarf over extended periods.

Kuyper sneers "Hollow accusations."

Fooger is turning a bright red. "Do I have your oath that all that you say is true?"

Stadtholder VAN RAEMERSWIJK's son's addiction to concoctions from some street thug who was trying to influence his votes.

The man starts to sweat.

Van Haagen getting into the slave selling business, there's no way you're able to spend as much as you are on the business you're legitimately in.

The man goes pale.

van Euwe and your son's dedication as a cultist of Lord Tsien-Tsien or as we call him here TZEENTCH!

He starts to tug at his collar.

Everyone starts to look at everyone accusingly.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceraptor Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:40 am

Brian Boru wrote:That and a bunch of boisterous 20something year old men aren't exactly the height of table manners.

Hah, of course.

After several days of hunting you finally manage to find sign of the beast's passing.  It isn't pretty, a wrecked village, blood and guts everywhere and the few survivors are utterly, completely, and irrevocably bugfuck.  The elf checked then and she says that there isn't a hint of the people they were before.  The influence of the Jabberwocky.  But the tracks indicate that it is heading into a more heavily populated part of the province.

Well, damn. We need to catch the bastard before it gets to a more populated area, can't do anything for these people, except maybe give them a mercy kill and a proper burial. But, we need to move fast. Given the amount of havoc this thing's wrecking, we are gonna have to pick up the pace.

If it seems like we wont catch up to it any time soon I'll offer the option of sending me ahead to catch up to the beast, it isn't a subtle creature, I should be able to track it. I can also move faster on foot then the heavily armored knights.

Aceraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:09 am

Psyckosama wrote:"Do your thing."

Right.

He's a good study.

Heh

You're a good study, kid. Keep it up. Wink

He grins and thanks you. Now what?

Whenever you head into an in to get a drink you get an odd feeling coming from a dark-haired beauty chatting up a big Norscan, Sarl if your guess the markings right. She's an absolute stunner, though a bit pale, you also get the feeling you've met her before.

Child of your loins motherfucker. Wink

The more I think on it the more I like it. It'd at least be a start to getting Norsca out from under the 4's thumb.

"Most aren't given crazed prophecies about popping out some god-spawned High King either."

"True. Though I have to ask who on earth gave you a prophecy like that."

You get another look.

How many kids did Ulric have again?

"Point. I've been down south for too long. But then again she's Sylvanian, those girls, well you might just kill me. She on the other hand would drag it out for decades until I was begging for it to end." I chuckle to show I'm joking.

I down a beer, "What the hell, I ain't married yet." Wolfish grin and a leer.

Kuyper sneers "Hollow accusations."

"Even now you're trying to save your skin."

Fooger is turning a bright red. "Do I have your oath that all that you say is true?"

"By my ancestor's memory, and my descendants' futures and fortunes every word is as true as the steel of my blades."

The man starts to sweat.

"Then again what do you expect dealing with the Gentlemans' League."

The man goes pale.

"And even children, you sick depraved bastard. There are very few thing child slaves are good for at such a young age and they're not worth thinking over."

He starts to tug at his collar.

"Then again considering one of the major staff members of the Cathay Embassy has the feathered, clawed, and back jointed legs of a bird with no one noticing I guess we can forgive you missing one of your own blood hiding secrets like that under you're own roof.

Everyone starts to look at everyone accusingly.

I look up to the people watching from the viewing box, "And THIS people of Marienburg, are your brave and wise leaders. The ones who make the decisions that decides the fate and fortunes of the greatest city in the Old World. I am not an experienced man, nor am I a genious of economics, but I do know this. A great storm is coming, the beastmen are getting restless in the forests and darker places, the raiders of the utter north are moving in greater numbers, not that long ago a great horde attacked one of the great cities of Kislev, and there is rumor that is only a vanguard, a taste of what is to come.

(Gotrek and Felix)

There is a storm coming and these are the folk you will depend on, save for maybe a handful of them," I glance at Fooger for example. "I doubt they will be able to lead you through this storm."

"I am Skarin Beowulfssen, Chosen of Ulric, wielder of his might and his flames. I have slain the Beastlord Khazak the one eye, led several great clearings of the Drakwald, I have brought low a Bloodthirster of Khorne single handedly. I was declared the chosen of Ulric at the Winter Solstice, and I have even begun a slight brokering of peace between the cult of Ulric and Sigmar. If there is another man able to lead you through the troubles ahead better than I, I doubt he exists."
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:19 pm

Vargr Skarin

Brian Boru wrote:She seems to have fun. And you actually find yourself enjoying yourself with the young lady....who you still haven't gotten the name of.

She giggles again at your joke.

Well, we shall have to rectify that. I make sure to ask after the dance. And ask if the friend she'd been conversing and giggling in my direction with warrants an introduction as well, as that's only polite after all.

Yes, I'm being deliberately obtuse. I'm an uncouth barbarian. That's a uniquely useful card I may play now and again.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:36 pm

Brian Boru wrote:He grins and thanks you.  Now what?

Wait for them to get started with the meeting. Gives us a few good hours.

Whenever you head into an in to get a drink you get an odd feeling coming from a dark-haired beauty chatting up a big Norscan, Sarl if your guess the markings right.  She's an absolute stunner, though a bit pale, you also get the feeling you've met her before.

I smell the air around her. I want to know if I smell Vampire.

The more I think on it the more I like it.  It'd at least be a start to getting Norsca out from under the 4's thumb.

Though its unclear. Doesn't say he'll be the first king of Norsca, or he'll conquer... just he'll be king. vague bloody prophecies.

"True.  Though I have to ask who on earth gave you a prophecy like that."

"It's tradition for the woman of my clan to climb the black fang and talk to the Mad Crone for a reading of who we are to wed. She gave me mind and keeled over stone dead. Caused a bit of a stir. Personally I think it was nonsense by my father had me on long ship to find my 'husband' with not a hint of where to look."

"Point.  I've been down south for too long.  But then again she's Sylvanian, those girls, well you might just kill me.  She on the other hand would drag it out for decades until I was begging for it to end."  I chuckle to show I'm joking.

I down a beer, "What the hell, I ain't married yet."  Wolfish grin and a leer.

"If you think I'll be a one night stand you're sorely mistaken. I'm the daughter of a chieftan."

"Even now you're trying to save your skin."

"No, just dismiss your lies."

"By my ancestor's memory, and my descendants' futures and fortunes every word is as true as the steel of my blades."

He gives you a long, piercing look. "I believe him."

"Then again what do you expect dealing with the Gentlemans' League."

The man starts to stammer and turn red.

"And even children, you sick depraved bastard.  There are very few thing child slaves are good for at such a young age and they're not worth thinking over."

By now the people watching are starting to howl while his eyes widen with terror.

"Then again considering one of the major staff members of the Cathay Embassy has the feathered, clawed, and back jointed legs of a bird with no one noticing I guess we can forgive you missing one of your own blood hiding secrets like that under you're own roof.

One of the other directors jumps to his feet. "Finally, something we can prove! Tell us who and we will see if there is any truth to your mad accusations!"

He orders troops to bring the man you indicate.

Roll a d6

I look up to the people watching from the viewing box, "And THIS people of Marienburg, are your brave and wise leaders.  The ones who make the decisions that decides the fate and fortunes of the greatest city in the Old World.  I am not an experienced man, nor am I a genious of economics, but I do know this.  A great storm is coming, the beastmen are getting restless in the forests and darker places, the raiders of the utter north are moving in greater numbers, not that long ago a great horde attacked one of the great cities of Kislev, and there is rumor that is only a vanguard, a taste of what is to come.

Gasping and muttering.

There is a storm coming and these are the folk you will depend on, save for maybe a handful of them," I glance at Fooger for example. "I doubt they will be able to lead you through this storm."

At this point howling and vegetables. Though they seem to be waiting on proof.

"I am Skarin Beowulfssen, Chosen of Ulric, wielder of his might and his flames.  I have slain the Beastlord Khazak the one eye, led several great clearings of the Drakwald, I have brought low a Bloodthirster of Khorne single handedly.  I was declared the chosen of Ulric at the Winter Solstice, and I have even begun a slight brokering of peace between the cult of Ulric and Sigmar.  If there is another man able to lead you through the troubles ahead better than I, I doubt he exists."

"We shall see if there is any truth to your claims. As much as we know you're a norskin madman, or a follower of the dark gods yourself."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:39 pm

Well, damn. We need to catch the bastard before it gets to a more populated area, can't do anything for these people, except maybe give them a mercy kill and a proper burial. But, we need to move fast. Given the amount of havoc this thing's wrecking, we are gonna have to pick up the pace.

Quickly done, and the gallant air is lost, replaced with a grimmer determination.

If it seems like we wont catch up to it any time soon I'll offer the option of sending me ahead to catch up to the beast, it isn't a subtle creature, I should be able to track it. I can also move faster on foot then the heavily armored knights.

Roll a d20.

Well, we shall have to rectify that. I make sure to ask after the dance. And ask if the friend she'd been conversing and giggling in my direction with warrants an introduction as well, as that's only polite after all.

Yes, I'm being deliberately obtuse. I'm an uncouth barbarian. That's a uniquely useful card I may play now and again.

The girl giggles again and says that her name is Matilda de Marette. Her friend a pretty redhead slightly taller than her, is one Rosaline Gardine.

They ask about yourself, what brought you here, and how long you plan to stay?

Psyckosama wrote:Wait for them to get started with the meeting. Gives us a few good hours.

Alright, well that's actually a few days still.

I smell the air around her. I want to know if I smell Vampire.

It takes a while to get through all the smoke, beer, food, and other things you don't want to think about but you eventually manage to pick up a hint of something like grave soil in her general area.

Other Gear: Book on Imperial History, book on Ulrician cult, man carrying gear, noble outfit in Northern Style[/quote]

Though its unclear. Doesn't say he'll be the first king of Norsca, or he'll conquer... just he'll be king. vague bloody prophecies.

"Aren't they all."

"It's tradition for the woman of my clan to climb the black fang and talk to the Mad Crone for a reading of who we are to wed. She gave me mind and keeled over stone dead. Caused a bit of a stir. Personally I think it was nonsense by my father had me on long ship to find my 'husband' with not a hint of where to look."

"Really? Nothing? Your father sounds like a bit of a jackass, no offense."

"If you think I'll be a one night stand you're sorely mistaken. I'm the daughter of a chieftan."

Ah in that case this might take bit longer...hmm...how long are you planning on staying in the city?

"No, just dismiss your lies."

"We'll see."

He gives you a long, piercing look. "I believe him."

I bow my head in respect, "Thank-you for your confidence Elder."

The man starts to stammer and turn red.

"What was that? I couldn't catch it. Do you need a drink of water?"

By now the people watching are starting to howl while his eyes widen with terror.

Wolfish grin.

One of the other directors jumps to his feet. "Finally, something we can prove! Tell us who and we will see if there is any truth to your mad accusations!"

He orders troops to bring the man you indicate.

"First Secretary Hong Fu Chu. He doesn't leave the embassy but he has contacts in the city. Short and fat little bastard from what I've heard."

Roll a d6

Brian Boru carried out 1 launched of one d6 :

Gasping and muttering.

good.

At this point howling and vegetables. Though they seem to be waiting on proof.

If I can catch Hong Fu Chu then it'll certainly make things easier.

"We shall see if there is any truth to your claims. As much as we know you're a norskin madman, or a follower of the dark gods yourself."

"We'll see. Also you might want to check in on that High-Class butcher everyone loves. Making a small pack of ghouls for personal enjoyment isn't exactly safe, sanitary, or decent. And we all know where ghouls come from right?"

IE Cannibalism.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironforge Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:46 pm

Cameron

Titles:
-The Wanderer
-High King
-Lord of the north
-Hammer of the North
-Wolf King
-The Strong

Rune items:

Time in Verse and date:

Faction:
True Norscans

High King

Personal Wealth:
19014 GP, 11 Sp, 6 Pp

Family:

Vassals:

Retainers:

Pack:
Winter Wolves:

Personal Holdings:
Raised hall x1
Stone wall x1
house x 600
Pier x1

Personal Army:
-Axe and Board x300
-Great Weapon x200
-Archers x100

Personal Guard:
Norscan Heros x 10

Personal Steed:

Inventory:
Brian Boru wrote:

Roll a d100.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4431420/
1d100 → [27] = (27)
Ironforge
Ironforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:11 pm

Vargr Skarin

Brian Boru wrote:The girl giggles again and says that her name is Matilda de Marette.  Her friend a pretty redhead slightly taller than her, is one Rosaline Gardine.

They ask about yourself, what brought you here, and how long you plan to stay?

I reply that what brought me here is, in part, following Mort to make sure he doesn't get himself killed. Say what you will about how exasperating his antics are, at least one doesn't risk boredom. Angry husbands, fathers and brothers trying to chase you down and hurt you, yes, but not boredom. Well, there was also the fact that Artois seems like the place where one might cut out a reputation for himself.

As for how long I'll be staying, I reply that I honestly cannot say. It might be months, or I might end up packed and gone in a week's time if circumstances turn that way.

I ask the questions right back, admitting I'm largely unfamiliar with the notables of Artois or even Bretonnia as a whole. I would assume they'd come to the festivities with their families?
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:15 pm

Brian Boru wrote:Alright, well that's actually a few days still.

Righto

It takes a while to get through all the smoke, beer, food, and other things you don't want to think about but you eventually manage to pick up a hint of something like grave soil in her general area.

I walk over to Valten and inform him what we're dealing. I think we found the wench who escaped...

So, brother, how do you want to handle this one?  Cool 

"Aren't they all."

Aye.

"Really?  Nothing?  Your father sounds like a bit of a jackass, no offense."

She glares. "He didn't have a hint to give. The bloody wise woman keeled over before she could say where to find 'em."

Ah in that case this might take bit longer...hmm...how long are you planning on staying in the city?

"Don't know. As long as my coin holds I guess. From here its to middenheim. Something about a Chosen of Ulric "

"We'll see."

He sneers.

I bow my head in respect, "Thank-you for your confidence Elder."

"You gave your oath and if you're lying after what you claimed, the Rumelord himself will be looking to put right this grudge..."

"What was that?  I couldn't catch it.  Do you need a drink of water?"

He starts to weep.

Wolfish grin.

Heh.

"First Secretary Hong Fu Chu.  He doesn't leave the embassy but he has contacts in the city.  Short and fat little bastard from what I've heard."

A message comes back that the embassy is under lock and key and the guards at high alert. It seems the Ambassador has been "assassinated" by "cile outsiders" and the First Secretary has taken control and refuses to allow entry...

One of the Directors who hasn't been accused looks you dead in the eyes. "If you're blessed by the gods, then bring us this fool as evidence."

"We'll see.  Also you might want to check in on that High-Class butcher everyone loves. Making a small pack of ghouls for personal enjoyment isn't exactly safe, sanitary, or decent.  And we all know where ghouls come from right?"

IE Cannibalism.

"Name!"

Anyways, once you give it (give it), they send someone out to take him into custody and search his property.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceraptor Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:13 am

Misc: One Manticore corpse

Brian Boru wrote:Quickly done, and the gallant air is lost, replaced with a grimmer determination.

Quite, time to get serious.

Roll a d20.

Right, let's see how this goes.

Aceraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:13 am

The member 'Aceraptor' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd20' : 18

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:03 pm

Titles:
-The Wanderer
-High King
-Lord of the north
-Hammer of the North
-Wolf King
-The Strong

Rune items:

Time in Verse and date:

Faction:
True Norscans

High King

Personal Wealth:
19014 GP, 11 Sp, 6 Pp

Family:

Vassals:

Retainers:

Pack:
Winter Wolves:

Personal Holdings:
Raised hall x1
Stone wall x1
house x 600
Pier x1

Personal Army:
-Axe and Board x300
-Great Weapon x200
-Archers x100

Personal Guard:
Norscan Heros x 10

Personal Steed:

Inventory:

It takes a few days but you eventually track down the band. Numbering about 500 give or take. Nearly all infantry, though there were a few horsemen. You notice an occasional mutation among the raiders, not horrible but they can be seen. Also you notice that the Aeslings are more dark of hair and skin, a trait coming from constant interactions with the Kurgans across the Northern sea.

The band is camping on top of a rocky hill, hard to attack if normal men were trying.

I reply that what brought me here is, in part, following Mort to make sure he doesn't get himself killed. Say what you will about how exasperating his antics are, at least one doesn't risk boredom. Angry husbands, fathers and brothers trying to chase you down and hurt you, yes, but not boredom. Well, there was also the fact that Artois seems like the place where one might cut out a reputation for himself.

The two of them begin laughing their head off at Mort's escapades, you later notice that the women are talking with each other and Mort ISN'T the center of the universe. Much to the pleasure of the male half of the party.

They also say that Artois would certainly be the best place to do so.

As for how long I'll be staying, I reply that I honestly cannot say. It might be months, or I might end up packed and gone in a week's time if circumstances turn that way.

Well both of them do mention that they hope your stay is long.

I ask the questions right back, admitting I'm largely unfamiliar with the notables of Artois or even Bretonnia as a whole. I would assume they'd come to the festivities with their families?

They did come with their brothers actually. The two of them are relatively close neighbors, they live about 5.5 miles from each other and can visit each other about once every three months. Beastmen be nasty.

One of them mentions that most forest are barely into politics, though, if they had to guess, the one city outside of the Forest that belongs to Artois has some ideas of separating from the duchy, which would be terrible as everything NOT made in their villages come from the City, and you can hear the capital c in their words.

Psyckosama wrote:I walk over to Valten and inform him what we're dealing. I think we found the wench who escaped...

So, brother, how do you want to handle this one?  Cool 

"Well I could always pretend to start a barfight with the Norscan while you swipe her and...deal with her while no one's looking. Or maybe you could, say something insulting about what clan he's from, the different clans fight each other up north right?"

She glares. "He didn't have a hint to give. The bloody wise woman keeled over before she could say where to find 'em."

"Ah...sorry. So she really croaked in mid-sentence?"

"Don't know. As long as my coin holds I guess. From here its to middenheim. Something about a Chosen of Ulric "

When she says that I decide to cut out the trip and ask her if she could follow me to the back alley. NOT LIKE THAT!

If and when we get there I pull out the axe and trigger the flames if no one is looking. "I am Skarin Beowulfsson, Chosen of Ulric. Wielder of his strength and flame. Does that help in your quest?"

He sneers.

Wolfish grin.

"You gave your oath and if you're lying after what you claimed, the Rumelord himself will be looking to put right this grudge..."

"I assure you my words are true."

He starts to weep.

Wow...didn't think I could push him that hard.

A message comes back that the embassy is under lock and key and the guards at high alert. It seems the Ambassador has been "assassinated" by "cile outsiders" and the First Secretary has taken control and refuses to allow entry...

"Why am I not surprised?"

One of the Directors who hasn't been accused looks you dead in the eyes. "If you're blessed by the gods, then bring us this fool as evidence."

"Very well, I shall endevour to apprehend and procure the vile fiend post-haste."

I then promptly jump through the roof and then dash to the Cathay embassy.

When I get there I say I'm here to apprehend the Secretary by request of the Directors.

Then I pull out my axe and shield and kick the front door down and rush in, all while saying in a sing-song voice, "Oh Mr. Chuuuuu~! Where are youuuuu~?"

"Name!"

Anyways, once you give it (give it), they send someone out to take him into custody and search his property.

"Ah right, one Bonifatious Groenwoude."

Quite, time to get serious.

Indeed.

Right, let's see how this goes.

Badly, somehow that twisted freak manages to elude your for over a week, but the trail of villages exactly like that first one mean the sick thing IS real and still in the area.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceraptor Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:57 pm

Brian Boru wrote:Badly, somehow that twisted freak manages to elude your for over a week, but the trail of villages exactly like that first one mean the sick thing IS real and still in the area.

*wince* Have we closed the distance at all? We need to catch the bastard and take it down. Once we get close enough that I can catch up with a sprint, I'll go ahead of the rest to pin the bastard down so that the rest of the party can catch up and join in on the kill.

Last edited by Aceraptor on Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:04 am; edited 1 time in total

Aceraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:27 pm

Vargr Skarin

Brian Boru wrote:The two of them begin laughing their head off at Mort's escapades, you later notice that the women are talking with each other and Mort ISN'T the center of the universe.  Much to the pleasure of the male half of the party.

Well, what do you know, maybe he won't end up being run out of town again.

... I can hope, right?

They also say that Artois would certainly be the best place to do so.

Given Bretonnia's stance on mercenaries ... well, Artois has need enough of warriors to not be as uptight about such things as the rest of Bretonnia. That _was_ one of the reasons why I came here instead of heading into, say, the Empire and taking a few bandits for their bounty and coffers there to make a start.

Well both of them do mention that they hope your stay is long.

And I reply that I am now more inclined towards the notion than I was this morning. It's a wonder what a pretty face and a kind word in the right place can do.

They did come with their brothers actually.  The two of them are relatively close neighbors, they live about 5.5 miles from each other and can visit each other about once every three months.  Beastmen be nasty.

Interesting ... also quite distressing for them, I imagine, but interesting nevertheless. Is that due to some kind of ebb and flow of beastmen population, or due to the need to marshal increasingly more forces before every culling?

Incidentally, is the third girl I'd noticed paying attention earlier still being a wallflower? If so, I'll ask my two companions who that is.

One of them mentions that most forest are barely into politics, though, if they had to guess, the one city outside of the Forest that belongs to Artois has some ideas of separating from the duchy, which would be terrible as everything NOT made in their villages come from the City, and you can hear the capital c in their words.

Oh? Have they maybe heard any speculation as to why the city might be considering that? It certainly can't simply pack up and move away if it's the beastmen they're concerned with. I'll try to find out more about the situation because that course of action, while potentially disastrous for Artois as a whole, also doesn't seem all that smart or profitable for the city in the long run.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 32 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next