Giant Stompy Robots
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus!

+2
Psyckosama
Brian Boru
6 posters

Page 28 of 34 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34  Next

Go down

Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus! - Page 28 Empty Re: Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus!

Post by Brian Boru Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:01 am

Psyckosama wrote:"Everyone likes a smart ass... they just have complaints when they're the ones getting smartassed."

"No wonder you and Tyrion get along so well."

"It's half a joke. Seriously though, I run by the standard of plan for the worst, hope for the best. Tywin and his ilk are different... they don't 'feel' like you and me. They're not capable of empathy. They see only themselves... only their benefit, only their gain, only their reputation and care not a lick for anyone else beyond what prestige it brings them. They are as mad as any Targaryan but in a much more insidious way because you can't tell until they slip the knife." I sneer in disgust.

He snorts at that.

"I feel the same way considering I'm a follower of the Old Gods... but if the seven feel fit to bestow such a gift on me, then I must be doing SOMETHING right."

"Indeed lad, they must want something of you if they gave you that. I'm nearly a heathen and even I know that something like is precious, just keep it close and safe."

"That's the problem. Zeal and passion must be tempered with wisdom and compassion. After all, its not how you treat your kin that shows the true nature of your character, but how you treat the kin of your foes."

They nod in agreement.

"I am honored." I smile. "I'd also like to ask you to consider the treatment of Bastards. Being base born myself I received much spurn and disregard for wrongs I never commuted. If a child is born out of wedlock, then who is in the wrong? An innocent deemed fit to gift with precious life by the gods... or the man who couldn't keep it in his pants?"

I pause for a moment. "Don't blame the innocent child born with blessings of the mother for the sins of the Parents. But at the same time forgive those parents who make amends for their weakness. A man who sires a bastard and takes no account is a wretch. The man who sires a bastard and recognizing it as his own child, who attempts to be a father is that, a father. I've spoken with my father and he's decided to take account for his lustful ways. Already we've collected one of my sisters, saving her from a life in a brothel. He is not legitimizing them all, that would be foolish, but he is presenting himself before the gods and taking account for the frivolities of his youth. It is the duty of a King to stand as an example to his subjects. Please, encourage them to follow."

They seem....stunned to put it lightly if you can really curtail the worst of Robert's vice but you have all their blessings, while Robert never was horrifying as Aerys but he was a bit...embarrassing so say the least. They will think on the bastard issue.

After some conversation I do mention that I had an... experience. I show them the pendent.

When they hear your story and look at the pendant...well excited is putting it lightly. Religious rapture might be closer.

"And may the Gods, both Old and New protect and guide you to mercy and wisdom."

Heh might want to look up, might not be getting out of there soon.

Yes, but we can discuss this while moving the plot along.

Though I do mention to the King that this is theperfect time to get a new grand maester. Of old man pycelle was any more a LAnnister man, he'd have his wrinkly lips wrapped around Tywins withed old...

I expect he cuts me off around this point. It's an image he doesn't want to think about Wink

Good point, the tower appoints those so maybe being here they can get off their wrinkly arses and get moving on that.

BrianBoru wrote:Actually that was my mistake. I meant gates of the moon. Basically he send him to the other castle to cool off.

Nestor knows you're a generally decent kid.

Well that's a relief.

He looks you in the eyes. "And I believe you. But expect his father to demand account. This is a fine mess you've gotten yourself into, boy." he sighs, "You will ride with your master but I expect you to be ready for anything when you return. There very well may be demand for a trial."

I drop to my knee and thank him profusely for his mercy. Yes I will ride with my Master and I will fight to the best of my abilities and if and when lord Melcom decides to demand restitution for his son and two of his friends getting thrashed by one bastard boy even when they got the jump on his and even had his arms held to start with....he's more than welcome to." I hope I get across how bad that's going to look for young Melcom.

He pauses. "Though if it comes to that, I doubt there will be few man with honor who'd refuse to fight for you."

I grin and thank him for the support but if it comes to that then I swear to stand on my own. In my mind I think, I may not have the right to them but I intend to live up to the words of my father's house, Ours is the Fury indeed.

She ain't bad for a girl.

"You know this might not be so bad. Maybe well have you competing in a melee someday...." I say that jokingly to show I'm not really all that serious.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus! - Page 28 Empty Re: Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus!

Post by Psyckosama Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:29 am

Brian Boru wrote:"No wonder you and Tyrion get along so well."

"We're much alike he and I. Both of us are giants among men. At least intellectually and with our pants off. Seriously. Somethings can't be unseen."

He snorts at that.

"Cersei."

All the proof I'll need to make my point.

"Indeed lad, they must want something of you if they gave you that.  I'm nearly a heathen and even I know that something like is precious, just keep it close and safe."

"How about round my neck?"

I have a charm made a Wyrwood on... might as well go for two.

They nod in agreement.

I smile.

They seem....stunned to put it lightly if you can really curtail the worst of Robert's vice but you have all their blessings, while Robert never was horrifying as Aerys but he was a bit...embarrassing so say the least. They will think on the bastard issue.

"Most of father's vices are complicated and the details are intensely private. I will say this though, there is no agony worse than that of the soul and all too often vice and excess can numb that pain. It's a vicious cycle that all men can suffer, even a King." I smile. "I love my father and I am doing what I can to heal his wounded spirit..."

I smile. "And even then he was a good man. You know, he wanted to bring my sister and I to court. To be a father. He promised us... but Cersei threatened to have us killed if he did. So he protected us. It was painful, but I forgive him."

When they hear your story and look at the pendant...well excited is putting it lightly.  Religious rapture might be closer.

Okay...

Heh might want to look up, might not be getting out of there soon.

This is the after all that.

Good point, the tower appoints those so maybe being here they can get off their wrinkly arses and get moving on that.

"And being in Old Town it will give you the chance to look over the candidates yourself rather than take whatever old fool they decide to throw your way. After all, considering how closely you examine a horse before riding... I think you'd be a bit more picky about a Maester."

So, moving along as well?

BrianBoru wrote:Well that's a relief.

Generally.

I drop to my knee and thank him profusely for his mercy.  Yes I will ride with my Master and I will fight to the best of my abilities and if and when lord Melcom decides to demand restitution for his son and two of his friends getting thrashed by one bastard boy even when they got the jump on his and even had his arms held to start with....he's more than welcome to."  I hope I get across how bad that's going to look for young Melcom.

"He's a hot headed idiot." he says with a snort. "His brother probably will only allow it to shut him up... man's deadly with a blade though. Few better."

I grin and thank him for the support but if it comes to that then I swear to stand on my own.  In my mind I think, I may not have the right to them but I intend to live up to the words of my father's house, Ours is the Fury indeed.

"You sure, lad?"

"You know this might not be so bad.  Maybe well have you competing in a melee someday...."  I say that jokingly to show I'm not really all that serious.

She gives you a look. She is serious.

So, riding off?

Roll 2d100 Smile

Psyckosama
Admin

https://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:06 am

Brian Boru wrote:Most self subsistence with some extra wheat fields directly sent for the crown's use.  Pretty good, worse than some, better than many.

Have they hit 4 field crop rotation yet?

Yes he knows and he feels it's about damn time, he served the previous owners and ran off when the rebellion stared.  He fought as a footman during the rebellion and got the position of steward (reeve) of this holding for life.  He's glad a proper knight is finally moving into this place.

While I'm not sure about this whole 'proper knight' thing, I'll certainly at least try to do right by this place.

Other than the steward, what kind of staff am I looking at? Probably a token number of servants and some footmen, enough to make opportunists think twice at least?

The meal, while nothing compared to King's Landing is hearty and plenty, the long summer you've had these last years showing.

Once things are progressing I'll need to see about granaries and such. Well, regardless, we eat and get situated, with Ser Martyn and my two (temporary) knights having their pick of rooms. There's probably not that many to choose from that aren't in mothballs. Naturally I claim the master bedroom for myself and suggest Mya pick something on the same hallway. While it's probably nowhere near the opulence of the Red Keep, it's offset by the fact that I want to do a little dance shouting 'mine, mine, muahahahahah'. I don't, but the sentiment is there.

Afterwards I get Podrick to show me around my new home, ending with the study and going through the ledgers to check how we're set financially as well as any other issues the steward thinks are relevant. I did get a rather sizable amount of fund in tournament winnings after all, so if there are any glaring issues requiring immediate attention I can at least throw some money at them.

The day after, I'll train with the hedge knights and Mya in the morning, mostly to get a feel of the former's skills on foot and both get Mya better acquainted with my old bow and myself better acquainted with my new one. After that, I'll ride out with Podrick to get a first-hand impression of my two villages and whatever else notable the lands hold.

I do inform him that I intend to take a trip back to the Vale to deal with some formalities and a personal matter or two, but it won't take long until I'm back in residence.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun 17 Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:07 pm

rolling dice

Silver Sun 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Dice Bot Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:07 pm

The member 'Silver Sun 17' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd10' : 10, 10

Dice Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun 17 Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:08 pm

Oh shit

Silver Sun 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:47 am

Psyckosama wrote:"We're much alike he and I. Both of us are giants among men. At least intellectually and with our pants off. Seriously. Somethings can't be unseen."

That get's a laugh out of him.

"Cersei."

All the proof I'll need to make my point.

Heh

"How about round my neck?"

I have a charm made a Wyrwood on... might as well go for two.

That'll work.

"Most of father's vices are complicated and the details are intensely private. I will say this though, there is no agony worse than that of the soul and all too often vice and excess can numb that pain. It's a vicious cycle that all men can suffer, even a King." I smile. "I love my father and I am doing what I can to heal his wounded spirit..."

I smile. "And even then he was a good man. You know, he wanted to bring my sister and I to court. To be a father. He promised us... but Cersei threatened to have us killed if he did. So he protected us. It was painful, but I forgive him."

That was unexpected but they do seem to take that into consideration.

Okay...

Physical sign of the gods, WHAT DID YOU EXPECT?

This is the after all that.

Right.

"And being in Old Town it will give you the chance to look over the candidates yourself rather than take whatever old fool they decide to throw your way. After all, considering how closely you examine a horse before riding... I think you'd be a bit more picky about a Maester."

So, moving along as well?

After several days a Maester Donnyl, maybe 10 years younger than Pycelle was but much more honest about his loyalties, the crown, as well as a former Stormlander, coming from Tarth originally. Instead of Pycelle's impressive beard, he instead sports a short trimmed beard, and a pair of mustachio's that would make a Dothraki give up his horse in utter shame.

After the Grand Maester was chosen, you linger for a few more days before riding on South, towards the most nervewracking part of this entire venture....Dorne.

Roll a d100.

BrianBoru wrote:Generally.

Heh

"He's a hot headed idiot." he says with a snort. "His brother probably will only allow it to shut him up... man's deadly with a blade though. Few better."

Well isn't that lovely....

"You sure, lad?"

"Well now that I know Melcom is one of the best blades in the Vale...yes I might reconsider my previous statement...."

She gives you a look. She is serious.

Eyetwitch...cursed brotherly instincts....

So, riding off?

Roll 2d100 Smile

Yes...I'm keeping the hammer.

While we ride I do ask which tribe is causing trouble. If it's the burned men...then we might have some trouble, those fuckers are lunatics.

Brian Boru carried out 2 launched of one d100 :
42 , 47

Rieverre wrote:Have they hit 4 field crop rotation yet?

Three cycle here. Might have some trouble convincing them to change unless you want to start physically beating them.

While I'm not sure about this whole 'proper knight' thing, I'll certainly at least try to do right by this place.

He gives you a look that clearly says, 'really?' but he seems glad you seem to care.

Other than the steward, what kind of staff am I looking at? Probably a token number of servants and some footmen, enough to make opportunists think twice at least?

Mostly just folk from the village acting as servants, though there is one who works part time as a cook and the septon for one of the villages is the clerk for the holding as well.

Once things are progressing I'll need to see about granaries and such. Well, regardless, we eat and get situated, with Ser Martyn and my two (temporary) knights having their pick of rooms. There's probably not that many to choose from that aren't in mothballs. Naturally I claim the master bedroom for myself and suggest Mya pick something on the same hallway. While it's probably nowhere near the opulence of the Red Keep, it's offset by the fact that I want to do a little dance shouting 'mine, mine, muahahahahah'. I don't, but the sentiment is there.

Places to sleep are found. Though the knights are sleeping in the dining hall, (NORMAL DON'T WORRY!)

Afterwards I get Podrick to show me around my new home, ending with the study and going through the ledgers to check how we're set financially as well as any other issues the steward thinks are relevant. I did get a rather sizable amount of fund in tournament winnings after all, so if there are any glaring issues requiring immediate attention I can at least throw some money at them.

Podrick while no genius, has never-the-less managed to keep this place in the black and while you won't be rich, you could live a comfortable life as a landed knight here from the proceeds of the land. As for glaring problems, well there there has been a plan for another well for one of the villages, the old one is shared with the other village and is a bit of a haul for them to get there.

The day after, I'll train with the hedge knights and Mya in the morning, mostly to get a feel of the former's skills on foot and both get Mya better acquainted with my old bow and myself better acquainted with my new one. After that, I'll ride out with Podrick to get a first-hand impression of my two villages and whatever else notable the lands hold.

All in all nothing spectacular about either place but they ARE damned curious about this bastard son of the king, who's apparently a dead ringer for when the king rebelled against the dragons.

I do inform him that I intend to take a trip back to the Vale to deal with some formalities and a personal matter or two, but it won't take long until I'm back in residence.

He's alright with that, so long as you DO come back.

Silver Sun 17 wrote:10, 10 (void)

Oh shit

The stormlanders, not only turn down your offer, they decide to try and knock the bastard out of the fight, as do all the other groups that you'd noticed....yeah... except for Gregor, he's still ripping shit up on the far side of the melee from you.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:54 am

Brian Boru wrote:That get's a laugh out of him.

I laugh with him.

Heh

I bet he shuts right up though.

That'll work.

I respect the Gods as long as they protect mankind.

That was unexpected but they do seem to take that into consideration.

Good.

Physical sign of the gods, WHAT DID YOU EXPECT?

So what happens?

After several days a Maester Donnyl, maybe 10 years younger than Pycelle was but much more honest about his loyalties, the crown, as well as a former Stormlander, coming from Tarth originally.  Instead of Pycelle's impressive beard, he instead sports a short trimmed beard, and a pair of mustachio's that would make a Dothraki give up his horse in utter shame.

I get to know him and get a read on his loyalty.

After the Grand Maester was chosen, you linger for a few more days before riding on South, towards the most nervewracking part of this entire venture....Dorne.

Roll a d100.

Psyckosama carried out 1 launched of one d100 :

BrianBoru wrote:
Well isn't that lovely....

"Be careful, lad."

"Well now that I know Melcom is one of the best blades in the Vale...yes I might reconsider my previous statement...."

"I wouldn't blame you."

Eyetwitch...cursed brotherly instincts....

Heh.

Yes...I'm keeping the hammer.

While we ride I do ask which tribe is causing trouble.  If it's the burned men...then we might have some trouble, those fuckers are lunatics.

Just some pack of sheep fuckers. Not really sure.

Anyways, about 5 days in you and your group, consisting of about a half dozen knights and as many squires... was originally more, but, well... yeah.

You see smoke on the horizon.

2d100 Smile

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:18 am

Psyckosama wrote:I laugh with him.

Kool

I bet he shuts right up though.

Indeed.

I respect the Gods as long as they protect mankind.

Might not say that outloud, is a little...modern...FOR A MEDIEVAL WORLD!

So what happens?

Well they WANT to make you some sort of living saint (or closest equivalent) and proclaim you a chosen of the gods. (OOC: I DON'T KNOW WHAT THE FUCK TO DO WITH THIS FUCKING ROLLS MAN FUCKING FUCKING ROOOOLLLLSSS!!! AAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!")

I get to know him and get a read on his loyalty.

He seems more lucid at first glance and has a bit more of a sarcastic manner to him but he's loyal to the bone and serves you and your father dutifully.

[quote]9[/roll]

IUFHDUHOUOFIUSHOYFIUHS^*W&EHJ#WIUSHFSJFPOUFUSHYIEFHUSYBUFSNMDYN@

The travel goes spectacularly well as people along the road to the Mountains dividing Dorne from the north come out to meet their king with cheers, flowers from little girls and fair maidens are constantly thrown to you are thrust into your hands....really it gets kind of old after the fifth village this happens....

Also WE'RE FINDING ANOTHER DICE SYSTEM!

BrianBoru wrote:"Be careful, lad."

"Yes I understand."

"I wouldn't blame you."

We'll cross that bridge when we get there.

Just some pack of sheep fuckers. Not really sure.

Here's hoping.

Anyways, about 5 days in you and your group, consisting of about a half dozen knights and as many squires... was originally more, but, well... yeah.

"In my defense they attacked me and I merely defended myself."

You see smoke on the horizon.

"Damn...time we earn our keep."

I mutter a prayer to the Warrior and limber my gear, raring for a fight.

2d100 Smile

Brian Boru carried out 2 launched of one d100 :
61 , 12
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:27 am

Brian Boru wrote:Indeed.

Yep.

Might not say that outloud, is a little...modern...FOR A MEDIEVAL WORLD!

Dude. Pure feudal logic. You obey your liege and give him service. In exchange he is supposed to protect you.

Note that I do not pay the same degree of respect to the Red God for just that reason.

Well they WANT to make you some sort of living saint (or closest equivalent) and proclaim you a chosen of the gods.  (OOC:  I DON'T KNOW WHAT THE FUCK TO DO WITH THIS FUCKING ROLLS MAN FUCKING FUCKING ROOOOLLLLSSS!!!  AAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!")

I got lucky. :p

He seems more lucid at first glance and has a bit more of a sarcastic manner to him but he's loyal to the bone and serves you and your father dutifully.

I get to know him. Chat with him about some of my long term plans and ideas.

IUFHDUHOUOFIUSHOYFIUHS^*W&EHJ#WIUSHFSJFPOUFUSHYIEFHUSYBUFSNMDYN@

... Dude. Lay off the Crystal Meth.

The travel goes spectacularly well as people along the road to the Mountains dividing Dorne from the north come out to meet their king with cheers, flowers from little girls and fair maidens are constantly thrown to you are thrust into your hands....really it gets kind of old after the fifth village this happens....

I suffer through it, but I bet Bella is loving it.

Also WE'RE FINDING ANOTHER DICE SYSTEM!

I like this one. :p

BrianBoru wrote:"Yes I understand."

We'll cross that bridge when we get there.

Yeah.

Here's hoping.

Yep.

"In my defense they attacked me and I merely defended myself."

Still, dirty looks from their masters.

Mychel at least is sympathetic

"Damn...time we earn our keep."

Your master nods. "That's truth."

I mutter a prayer to the Warrior and limber my gear, raring for a fight.

And you find a homestead being put to the torch by... well... looks to be over a dozen Burned Men.

You manage to catch them unawares. At least almost, and get a couple early kills. If you had the full compliment of squires it might have been total. But quickly they recover and counter attack.

You see several of the other squires go down, and Mycheal has his blades crossed with a rather vicious looking fellow. He looks to be in trouble... and he's on the other side of the melee with 3 men and their leader between the two of you.

what do, and d10

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:39 am

Psyckosama wrote:Dude. Pure feudal logic. You obey your liege and give him service. In exchange he is supposed to protect you.

Note that I do not pay the same degree of respect to the Red God for just that reason.

Still a bit flippant. You were raised in the Faith, even if you prefer the Old Gods now.

I got lucky. :p

Yes,,,,you did.....

I get to know him. Chat with him about some of my long term plans and ideas.

He seems intrigued and you learn he has a quick wit, much easier to deal with than the droning of Pycelle.

... Dude. Lay off the Crystal Meth.

Okay, that made me laugh.

I suffer through it, but I bet Bella is loving it.

She is but you do get the feeling that this is choreographed, because it's the exact same pattern every time....who's doing this?

BrianBoru wrote:Still, dirty looks from their masters.

Mychel at least is sympathetic

A nod in thanks, and a shrug of 'what can you do?'

Your master nods. "That's truth."

"Good luck."

And you find a homestead being put to the torch by... well... looks to be over a dozen Burned Men.

FUCK

You manage to catch them unawares. At least almost, and get a couple early kills. If you had the full compliment of squires it might have been total. But quickly they recover and counter attack.

DIE FUCKERS DIE!

You see several of the other squires go down, and Mycheal has his blades crossed with a rather vicious looking fellow. He looks to be in trouble... and he's on the other side of the melee with 3 men and their leader between the two of you.

what do, and d10

Calling on that battle fury I KNOW is in there I raise my hammer and kick my horse into a charge, all the while roaring, "FOR THE VALE!" I make a beeline for the leader of the band, hopefully if I kill him the rest will scatter like the vermin they are.

Brian Boru carried out 1 launched of one d10 :
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:49 am

Brian Boru wrote:Still a bit flippant.  You were raised in the Faith, even if you prefer the Old Gods now.

Actions, not words.

He seems intrigued and you learn he has a quick wit, much easier to deal with than the droning of Pycelle.

One of my objectives though involves a vast expansion of the royal bureaucracy.

Okay, that made me laugh.

You're from Georgia. I was serious.  Razz 

She is but you do get the feeling that this is choreographed, because it's the exact same pattern every time....who's doing this?

I'll investigate a bit... worst that could happen is I discover jack and shit.

Psyckosama carried out 1 launched of one d10 :

BrianBoru wrote:A nod in thanks, and a shrug of 'what can you do?'

Heh.

"Good luck."

"You too, lad."

FUCK

Calling on that battle fury I KNOW is in there I raise my hammer and kick my horse into a charge, all the while roaring, "FOR THE VALE!"  I make a beeline for the leader of the band, hopefully if I kill him the rest will scatter like the vermin they are.

The quarters are tight and with the melee between you, you end up discarding your shield and leaping off a charging horse's back, bringing your sword down upon the first man, literally splitting him from neck to belly. The second, before you even have time to draw your blade from his ally, you've already pretty much pulped his skull with your hammer.

The leader attempts to charge you, but you side step his attack and respond with a furious swing of your father's hammer that literally shatters his shield and pulps the arm beneath it, then you neatly take his head before throwing the blade into the back of the man assault Mycheal only moments before the lethal blow can be struck.

For a moment the entire battle goes still, you having killed four of their number in as many seconds.

And then, they flee.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:06 am

Psyckosama wrote:Actions, not words.

True.

One of my objectives though involves a vast expansion of the royal bureaucracy.

Would make many's jobs easier.

You're from Georgia. I was serious.  Razz 

Fake glare.

I'll investigate a bit... worst that could happen is I discover jack and shit.

After a bit of digging and listening to the people in the tavern of the next village, you learn that this WAS choreographed and paid for, slightly, someones been whipping these people up, but why and for what purpose you can't gather as it seems that the start of the excitement is triggered by someone hyping up your arrival and bringing in high-quality beer and even a few barrels of wine which is always an excuse to celebrate. But no leads as to who's providing this. You want to keep digging?

BrianBoru wrote:"You too, lad."

Nod and to business then.

The quarters are tight and with the melee between you, you end up discarding your shield and leaping off a charging horse's back, bringing your sword down upon the first man, literally splitting him from neck to belly. The second, before you even have time to draw your blade from his ally, you've already pretty much pulped his skull with your hammer.

GRAAAAAHHH!!!

The leader attempts to charge you, but you side step his attack and respond with a furious swing of your father's hammer that literally shatters his shield and pulps the arm beneath it, then you neatly take his head before throwing the blade into the back of the man assault Mycheal only moments before the lethal blow can be struck.

For a moment the entire battle goes still, you having killed four of their number in as many seconds.

And then, they flee.

Seeing they're running, with a wordless roar I find the nearest un-ridden horse and tear after them. If there isn't a horse then I'm going after them on foot, the Durrandon fury of the ancient storm kings is raging full tilt in me.

Brian Boru carried out 2 launched of one d10 :
3 , 9
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:15 am

Brian Boru wrote:True.

Heh.

Would make many's jobs easier.

"The King's more than anyone... I've also developed something, a piece of technology, that will revolutionize the written word. I've developed a device that can make a book in hundredth the time and at the same fraction the cost as a junior maester making an illuminated tome. Using a material that costs one tenth the price of even the lowest grade parchment..."

After a bit of digging and listening to the people in the tavern of the next village, you learn that this WAS choreographed and paid for, slightly, someones been whipping these people up, but why and for what purpose you can't gather as it seems that the start of the excitement is triggered by someone hyping up your arrival and bringing in high-quality beer and even a few barrels of wine which is always an excuse to celebrate.  But no leads as to who's providing this.  You want to keep digging?

I could. But it would be a bit obvious.

Or I could ask someone who wouldn't be out of place in the taverns drinking to excess and chatting with the small folk while playing grab ass with the bar wenches.

Oh, Tyrion... I need a favor. Wink

When the going gets tough, the tough delegate.

BrianBoru wrote:Nod and to business then.

Aye.

Seeing they're running, with a wordless roar I find the nearest un-ridden horse and tear after them. If there isn't a horse then I'm going after them on foot, the Durrandon fury of the ancient storm kings is raging full tilt in me.  

Fuck the horse. In woods it'll only slow you down. You run screaming for the trees after them, not hearing the crys of those behind you. It takes a little time, but you manage to run them down, and those who fled from you still, run them down. It takes an hour, but you find and you butcher the entire lot, you get your head back together... and...

Well, where the fuck are you?

You're lost in the woods, covered in blood with a hammer and a sack of heads.

What now?
d6.

Last edited by Psyckosama on Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:18 am; edited 1 time in total

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:16 am

Brian Boru wrote:Three cycle here.  Might have some trouble convincing them to change unless you want to start physically beating them.

Unless I gain a reputation where I eat war, shit awesome, and dispense the wisdom of the gods this is likely going to be a long-term project. I explain the idea and reasoning behind it to Podrick, saying I'd read about something similar in dusty tome I'd managed to find once. It might be worthwhile to test, especially since it's as effective as the book had led me to believe we could later sell the method and offer services of people qualified to teach it.

He gives you a look that clearly says, 'really?' but he seems glad you seem to care.

I explain that it's my home now. First real place I can call that since mine and Mya's mother died.

Mostly just folk from the village acting as servants, though there is one who works part time as a cook and the septon for one of the villages is the clerk for the holding as well.

Well, I suppose it's not large enough a place for scantily clad maids. This instills in me the ambition to advance socially until I can afford such a place.

Anyway, I'll spend my evenings while on the premises going through the ledgers and records of the properties, enlisting Mya's aid as well. If she asks, I say that this is our new home, and one should keep one's house in order.

Podrick while no genius, has never-the-less managed to keep this place in the black and while you won't be rich, you could live a comfortable life as a landed knight here from the proceeds of the land.  As for glaring problems, well there there has been a plan for another well for one of the villages, the old one is shared with the other village and is a bit of a haul for them to get there.

"How much money do I need to throw at the problem to solve it?"

I then list the amount we have available, with adjustments for possible salaries for the hedge knights and maybe Ser Martyn should he elect to stay around. Seriously, the tournament winnings as well as the betting pool cash is likely to make a moderately impressive pile, and I see no better thing to spend a lot of it on than improving my new lands.

All in all nothing spectacular about either place but they ARE damned curious about this bastard son of the king, who's apparently a dead ringer for when the king rebelled against the dragons.

Little before that, actually, but ... eh, close enough. If they ask I tell them I was but a babe back then and can remember hardly anything. Both Mya and myself reconnected with our father only recently, having grown up in the Vale.

Speaking of which, any footmen, constabulary, militia or otherwise present?

He's alright with that, so long as you DO come back.

If everything goes well, I'll even come back with an apothecary and her apprentice.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:25 am

Psyckosama wrote:"The King's more than anyone... I've also developed something, a piece of technology, that will revolutionize the written word. I've developed a device that can make a book in hundredth the time and at the same fraction the cost as a junior maester making an illuminated tome. Using a material that costs one tenth the price of even the lowest grade parchment..."

Color him intrigued, he'd like to know more.

I could. But it would be a bit obvious.

Or I could ask someone who wouldn't be out of place in the taverns drinking to excess and chatting with the small folk while playing grab ass with the bar wenches.

Oh, Tyrion... I need a favor. Wink

When the going gets tough, the tough delegate.

When Tyrion hears what it is you need he's glad to do it. Roll a d20 for success.

BrianBoru wrote:Fuck the horse. In woods it'll only slow you down. You run screaming for the trees after them, not hearing the crys of those behind you. It takes a little time, but you manage to run them down, and those who fled from you still, run them down. It takes an hour, but you find and you butcher the entire lot, you get your head back together... and...

Well, where the fuck are you?

You're lost in the woods, covered in blood with a hammer and a sack of heads.

What now?
d6.

Son of a bitch....okay....the village is likely in a valley in the open so go down hill and look for light and trees thining and I should be alright. Hopefully the sack of heads might mollify anyone...upset about my actions.

Brian Boru carried out 1 launched of one d6 :
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:36 am

Rieverre wrote:Unless I gain a reputation where I eat war, shit awesome, and dispense the wisdom of the gods this is likely going to be a long-term project. I explain the idea and reasoning behind it to Podrick, saying I'd read about something similar in dusty tome I'd managed to find once. It might be worthwhile to test, especially since it's as effective as the book had led me to believe we could later sell the method and offer services of people qualified to teach it.

He sees the idea behind it but he doubts overhauling centuries of tried and true is going to overturn over-night, he'll set a field aside to see how it works first.

I explain that it's my home now. First real place I can call that since mine and Mya's mother died.

His eyes tighten in sympathy, apparently he's had his own loses in the past.

Well, I suppose it's not large enough a place for scantily clad maids. This instills in me the ambition to advance socially until I can afford such a place.

Well there's one girl built like London Andrews and she's been making moon eyes at you all day. Cook's daughter if your curious.

Anyway, I'll spend my evenings while on the premises going through the ledgers and records of the properties, enlisting Mya's aid as well. If she asks, I say that this is our new home, and one should keep one's house in order.

She's more than willing to help. And you manage to plow through the information with relative ease, a complete lack of book cooking and simply taxes certainly helps.

"How much money do I need to throw at the problem to solve it?"

It'd be expensive for the holding but wouldn't make much of a dent in the winnings you have though as a landed knight you officially have to send a report to your immediate liege lord about what you're doing, your immediate liege lord is Robert so...

I then list the amount we have available, with adjustments for possible salaries for the hedge knights and maybe Ser Martyn should he elect to stay around. Seriously, the tournament winnings as well as the betting pool cash is likely to make a moderately impressive pile, and I see no better thing to spend a lot of it on than improving my new lands.

He nearly has a heartattack as that's a lot of money for a man of his stature.

Little before that, actually, but ... eh, close enough. If they ask I tell them I was but a babe back then and can remember hardly anything. Both Mya and myself reconnected with our father only recently, having grown up in the Vale.

Speaking of which, any footmen, constabulary, militia or otherwise present?

A double handful of men are able to hold a spear without hurting themselves, march in unison, and fight without tangling each other up, thanks to Podric's personal attention, which is better than what most landed knights could show.

If everything goes well, I'll even come back with an apothecary and her apprentice.

Oh....heh heh heh....

Well anything else you wish to do before you head out.

Once you do roll a d100.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:38 am

Color him intrigued, he'd like to know more.

I pull out a piece of paper and let him look at it. Once he's studied it, I inform him I'll let him know the details but he will be sworn to secrecy on them. I intend for it to become something of a Royal Monopoly... at least for now. I'll probably allow the Citadel several for their own internal use, but it will be at best others will have to pay a license to the crown use and operate them in a manner that generates profit. That being a small percentage of the take will be paid as basically a small tithe to the owners of the technology. That being the the Crown. After expenses of course.

That way... they make money, we make money, everyone comes out if not happy, then at least content with a fat enough purse to not sweat the bullshit... Smile

In fact to encourage innovation I might actually try and convince my father to make this a function in and of itself. Create something new, and you and yours will profit off of it, even if you lack the means to fully exploit it yourself. Encourage men to think, to create, to better the world and create wealth for themselves and the kingdom via the effort of the mind.

Once he swears in, I sketch the basic out.

It's basically a modified wine press with movable lead type. You know... ye standard olde printing press.

And the paper? made from Wood pulp. Smile

When Tyrion hears what it is you need he's glad to do it.  Roll a d20 for success.

The point was making it narrative... Sad

Psyckosama carried out 1 launched of one d20 :

BrianBoru wrote:Son of a bitch....okay....the village is likely in a valley in the open so go down hill and look for light and trees thining and I should be alright.  Hopefully the sack of heads might mollify anyone...upset about my actions.

You run into your master in the woods. He immediately cuffs you in the ear. "Idiot boy what were you..."

He looks at you, looks at the bag, and then looks back up. "What the fuck is that?"

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:16 am

Brian Boru wrote:He sees the idea behind it but he doubts overhauling centuries of tried and true is going to overturn over-night, he'll set a field aside to see how it works first.

That was the general idea, yes. Either by accident or design I have competent people working for me. ^^

Well there's one girl built like London Andrews and she's been making moon eyes at you all day.  Cook's daughter if your curious.

... yummy in a number of ways, but I meant that as much in terms of ambiance as I did in terms of other potential benefits.

That and I'm not staying around long enough to have a proper go, and also the cook might be pissed off, and if there's one person you really don't want to piss off it's the one handling the food.

Speaking of whom, I visit the kitchens and talk about recipes before too very long.

She's more than willing to help.  And you manage to plow through the information with relative ease, a complete lack of book cooking and simply taxes certainly helps.

That's good to hear. While I'd been hoping to streamline things a bit, it looks as though they're already doing a fair job of it.

It'd be expensive for the holding but wouldn't make much of a dent in the winnings you have though as a landed knight you officially have to send a report to your immediate liege lord about what you're doing, your immediate liege lord is Robert so...

I write up a concise and to the point report detailing the state I found the lands in and what I intend to do to improve it to begin with.

I also ask Mya if she wants to send him a letter, and attach that if she writes one up.

A double handful of men are able to hold a spear without hurting themselves, march in unison, and fight without tangling each other up, thanks to Podric's personal attention, which is better than what most landed knights could show.

Cool. I'll either have Podrick purchase some crossbows and have them trained up on those or will do it myself after I get back.

Oh....heh heh heh....

Well, that is the best case scenario and I am aware of what setting I'm in. I fully expect to find a FUBAR situation upon getting back to the Vale, roaring rampage of revenge optional.

Well anything else you wish to do before you head out.

No, seems good. Podrick has stuff in hand and the Vale trip isn't something I want to put off for too long. Hence, myself, Mya, Ser Martyn and the hedge knights head off. I keep up training with Mya, splitting time between melee and archery and possibly throwing a little hunting in there - it'll be a few weeks of road after all, might as well make use of it. Similarly, in the mornings before we set off I spar with the knights.

Once you do roll a d100.

rollan
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Dice Bot Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:16 am

The member 'Rieverre' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd100' : 18

Dice Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun 17 Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:57 pm

Brian Boru wrote:

Silver Sun 17 wrote:10, 10 (void)

Oh shit

The stormlanders, not only turn down your offer, they decide to try and knock the bastard out of the fight, as do all the other groups that you'd noticed....yeah... except for Gregor, he's still ripping shit up on the far side of the melee from you.
I turn to face the smallest of the groups and charge hammer swinging. rather then let myself get bogged down i ride through the knot of knights while attacking then wheel around to charge the next smallest group of knights to repeat the process. my goal is to keep all the groups disrupted and off balance while I whittle them down.

Silver Sun 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:56 am

Psyckosama wrote:I pull out a piece of paper and let him look at it. Once he's studied it, I inform him I'll let him know the details but he will be sworn to secrecy on them. I intend for it to become something of a Royal Monopoly... at least for now. I'll probably allow the Citadel several for their own internal use, but it will be at best others will have to pay a license to the crown use and operate them in a manner that generates profit. That being a small percentage of the take will be paid as basically a small tithe to the owners of the technology. That being the the Crown. After expenses of course.

That way... they make money, we make money, everyone comes out if not happy, then at least content with a fat enough purse to not sweat the bullshit... Smile

In fact to encourage innovation I might actually try and convince my father to make this a function in and of itself. Create something new, and you and yours will profit off of it, even if you lack the means to fully exploit it yourself. Encourage men to think, to create, to better the world and create wealth for themselves and the kingdom via the effort of the mind.

Once he swears in, I sketch the basic out.

It's basically a modified wine press with movable lead type. You know... ye standard olde printing press.

And the paper? made from Wood pulp. Smile

He is VERY intrigued at this stuff but he IS loyal to the Order and this seems to run of the risk of ruining a brotherhood nearly as old as the Seven Kingdoms.

The point was making it narrative... Sad

Well the next evening you and Tyrion sit down incognito as a pair of entertainers, he tumbles you toss him around. After a quick show of a routine the two of you manage to get a good spot to listen to what people talk about. Apparently there is some traveling making some sort of Pilgrimage, and whenever he's passed through the booze appears in the cellars of the taverns or other watering holes. He's at least three or four days ahead of your rout.

BrianBoru wrote:You run into your master in the woods. He immediately cuffs you in the ear. "Idiot boy what were you..."

"Ow!"

He looks at you, looks at the bag, and then looks back up. "What the fuck is that?"

I stare at the blood oozing sack and quickly pop it open and take a quick glance, then I look back up, "Apparently the rest of that raiding party....not sure where I got the sack for it. Nor am I entirely sure what I did..."

"So...master...what do I do with this?"

How many were there?

Rieverre wrote:That was the general idea, yes. Either by accident or design I have competent people working for me. ^^

Honestly luck there, might have gotten a complete blockhead.

... yummy in a number of ways, but I meant that as much in terms of ambiance as I did in terms of other potential benefits.

Ah...sidenote you actually know who London Andrews is?

That and I'm not staying around long enough to have a proper go, and also the cook might be pissed off, and if there's one person you really don't want to piss off it's the one handling the food.

Heh, well he IS Podric's brother so it isn't like she isn't pretty high even among small folk but I digress.

Speaking of whom, I visit the kitchens and talk about recipes before too very long.

He seems to be interested in what you have to say though he remains perfectly respectful of your rank.

That's good to hear. While I'd been hoping to streamline things a bit, it looks as though they're already doing a fair job of it.

Like I mentioned before, nothing spectacular but honest and competent.

I write up a concise and to the point report detailing the state I found the lands in and what I intend to do to improve it to begin with.

A message is sent and a few days later another message is sent congratulating you for the good luck and wishing you more luck as well as his blessing for any projects you do.

I also ask Mya if she wants to send him a letter, and attach that if she writes one up.

She does but asks that this be private.

As is the return message but she seems to be in a good mood when she gets it.

Cool. I'll either have Podrick purchase some crossbows and have them trained up on those or will do it myself after I get back.

Done and how many?

Well, that is the best case scenario and I am aware of what setting I'm in. I fully expect to find a FUBAR situation upon getting back to the Vale, roaring rampage of revenge optional.

That depends on the dice.

No, seems good. Podrick has stuff in hand and the Vale trip isn't something I want to put off for too long. Hence, myself, Mya, Ser Martyn and the hedge knights head off. I keep up training with Mya, splitting time between melee and archery and possibly throwing a little hunting in there - it'll be a few weeks of road after all, might as well make use of it. Similarly, in the mornings before we set off I spar with the knights.

The trek to the Vale goes without trouble. The weather is fair and the roads clear of all trouble. You reach the mountains with little trouble but know the mountains clans could be an issue. Roll another d100.

Silver Sun 17 wrote:I turn to face the smallest of the groups and charge hammer swinging. rather then let myself get bogged down i ride through the knot of knights while attacking then wheel around to charge the next smallest group of knights to repeat the process. my goal is to keep all the groups disrupted and off balance while I whittle them down.

The dornish men are the first ones you crash into, roll a d10

the next group is the Stormlanders, roll a d20.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:22 am

Brian Boru wrote:He is VERY intrigued at this stuff but he IS loyal to the Order and this seems to run of the risk of ruining a brotherhood nearly as old as the Seven Kingdoms.

"Hardly. The world will always need learned men. Maesters will always be the intellectual elite. You would be the greatest teachers, the most lauded scholars, the most brilliant scientists. Think about it, you would be able to dedicate yourselves to the love of knowledge... instead of having to play nurse maid to useless, uneducated noblemen who couldn't take a piss right if you weren't standing holding their cocks for them.."

Well the next evening you and Tyrion sit down incognito as a pair of entertainers, he tumbles you toss him around.  After a quick show of a routine the two of you manage to get a good spot to listen to what people talk about.  Apparently there is some traveling making some sort of Pilgrimage, and whenever he's passed through the booze appears in the cellars of the taverns or other watering holes.  He's at least three or four days ahead of your rout.

And what does he look like?

BrianBoru wrote:I stare at the blood oozing sack and quickly pop it open and take a quick glance, then I look back up, "Apparently the rest of that raiding party....not sure where I got the sack for it.  Nor am I entirely sure what I did..."

"So...master...what do I do with this?"

How many were there?

Seven. An auspicious number. And the sack was on of theirs.

"Well..." he looks a bit uncomfortable. "This puts you at an even 10. Gods..." he sighs. "We need to make it back to the road. If we move quickly we'll catch up to the others before nightfall."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun 17 Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:48 am

Brian Boru wrote:

The dornish men are the first ones you crash into, roll a d10

the next group is the Stormlanders, roll a d20.
rolling

Silver Sun 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Dice Bot Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:48 am

The member 'Silver Sun 17' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'd10' : 5

--------------------------------

#2 'd20' : 6

Dice Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun 17 Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:48 am

better then last time.

Silver Sun 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:51 am

Psyckosama wrote:"Hardly. The world will always need learned men. Maesters will always be the intellectual elite. You would be the greatest teachers, the most lauded scholars, the most brilliant scientists. Think about it, you would be able to dedicate yourselves to the love of knowledge...  instead of having to play nurse maid to useless, uneducated noblemen who couldn't take a piss right if you weren't standing holding their cocks for them.."

Well when you put that way.  He remembers some of the horror stories from some of the men he's kept correspondence with form his time he was studying.

And what does he look like?

Older man, bald, long grey beard.

BrianBoru wrote:Seven. An auspicious number. And the sack was on of theirs.

Interesting.

"Well..." he looks a bit uncomfortable. "This puts you at an even 10. Gods..." he sighs. "We need to make it back to the road. If we move quickly we'll catch up to the others before nightfall."

"Right, let's get going then. How are the others? Did we lose anyone?" I keep the sack for proof and as insurance against being punished for howling off.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:38 am

Brian Boru wrote:Well when you put that way.  He remembers some of the horror stories from some of the men he's kept correspondence with form his time he was studying.

"Exactly. And I could see the Citadel making a mint off of it too. Have it so the every day bureaucratic nonsense is handled by people who passed some from of royal civil service test and make it so the better they did, the more competence they show, they more authority is given them. Gives the merchants some dreams for their sons, will inspire the nobles to open a book for once lives, and since we'd need highly intelligent but technically neutral parties to mark the tests, you'd be able to keep a look out for diamond in the rough who might do better in a chain than doing the books for Lord Poncey of Buggerbottom... and on top of that, I'm sure people with the money to spend will pay out the nose for one on one tutoring for their second or third sons by a student of the Citadel..."

Older man, bald, long grey beard.

Any other details?

And as we travel I work on a book of theological idology to send to the Septums/Septas for review. Generally my take on the issues

Frankly I spend a lot of time writing books in this trip. I'll probably have a library of my own by the time I'm done.

BrianBoru wrote:"Right, let's get going then.  How are the others?  Did we lose anyone?"  I keep the sack for proof and as insurance against being punished for howling off.

"Some Injuries. Byron of Paps will probably survive, but will have to be sent home. With his injuries he'll never able able to make a knight."

Anyways. You make it back to the group. Ser Wylber Waxley, the leader of this patrol looks furious but your master steps forward and has a word with him.

Then he's shown the heads and goes utterly slack jawed before coughing and looking over. He seems to have some words with your master.

"Don't do it again, boy."

And its left at that.

Anyways... you're looked at in a new way by everyone for sure. The other squires are a bit intimidated except for Mycheal who walks up to you and offers you his hand.

"You saved my life. Thank you. I will not forget this," he smirks, "You really kill 7 of those bastards in the wood?"

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:15 am

Silver Sun 17 wrote:5, 6

The Dornish men put up a fierce fight but with a quick bit of work you manage to down the both of them, though one of them manages to nick your arm, then you turn to the Stormlanders. Fury at being snubbed like that must have sparked something because you tear into them with a mad ferocity while they go down like nine-pins.

Once the last stormlander is sent to the land of Morpheous, you look up, you see that only one of the Reachmen you noticed earlier is still fighting, he's going hammer and tongs against two Valemen. You notice Gregor is still ripping shit up on the far side of the fight.

Psyckosama wrote:"Exactly. And I could see the Citadel making a mint off of it too. Have it so the every day bureaucratic nonsense is handled by people who passed some from of royal civil service test and make it so the better they did, the more competence they show, they more authority is given them. Gives the merchants some dreams for their sons, will inspire the nobles to open a book for once lives, and since we'd need highly intelligent but technically neutral parties to mark the tests, you'd be able to keep a look out for diamond in the rough who might do better in a chain than doing the books for Lord Poncey of Buggerbottom... and on top of that, I'm sure people with the money to spend will pay out the nose for one on one tutoring for their second or third sons by a student of the Citadel..."

Well you have his interest like that but he's still not 100% sure about shaking up centuries of tradition but let's see how this press of yours works.

Any other details?

Septon's outfit, plain, but well taken care off. Has a small donkey who carries stuff for him. No way that much booze could be carried by the donkey.

And as we travel I work on a book of theological idology to send to the Septums/Septas for review. Generally my take on the issues

Frankly I spend a lot of time writing books in this trip. I'll probably have a library of my own by the time I'm done.

No kidding.... Though some jokes about the Reader Targaryen king, the one who was more interested in books than his wife, (who died childless and a virgin because of him even though she desperately tried to get his interest for YEARS!) so yeah....

BrianBoru wrote:"Some Injuries. Byron of Paps will probably survive, but will have to be sent home. With his injuries he'll never able able to make a knight."

Damn, I'll need to give my condolences. That is hell for someone as young as him. I AM glad that no one else was too injured.

Anyways. You make it back to the group. Ser Wylber Waxley, the leader of this patrol looks furious but your master steps forward and has a word with him.

Then he's shown the heads and goes utterly slack jawed before coughing and looking over. He seems to have some words with your master.

"Don't do it again, boy."

"Yes Ser."

And its left at that.

Phew.

Anyways... you're looked at in a new way by everyone for sure. The other squires are a bit intimidated except for Mycheal who walks up to you and offers you his hand.

"You saved my life. Thank you. I will not forget this," he smirks, "You really kill 7 of those bastards in the wood?"

I grin and take it, "Us Valemen have to watch out for the Sheep humpers, but I do intend to keep you to that promise." I grin warmly to show I'm not being a dick.

"Yes...though it's something of a Red Mist. I remember charging into the forest after them, and other than a few flashes the next thing I knew I'm standing in a clear covered in blood with a sack full of heads...hope this doesn't scare anyone else off...being a bastards a chore enough."

So I guess we ride back to the Gates of the Moon then yes? And to face the old Anchor's brother and nephew...ugh....

Huh wonder what Mya and Myranda make of this?
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:30 am

Brian Boru wrote:Well you have his interest like that but he's still not 100% sure about shaking up centuries of tradition but let's see how this press of yours works.

"Believe me, I know... but Westeros has been pretty much a half-assed attempt at Empire since Aegon's conquest. The Targaryans could do it because they had dragons, but the dragons are gone, and right now the thing keeping the Seven Kingdoms as one is more historical inertia than anything else. So other means of proving authority will be needed. The realm must be shown that being part of the 7 kingdoms is better than being on your own... and in language that doesn't end with 'or else'."

Septon's outfit, plain, but well taken care off.  Has a small donkey who carries stuff for him.  No way that much booze could be carried by the donkey.

"Hes named Tuck isn't it..."

No kidding....  Though some jokes about the Reader Targaryen king, the one who was more interested in books than his wife, (who died childless and a virgin because of him even though she desperately tried to get his interest for YEARS!)  so yeah....

"Father, I have TWO full time mistresses because one woman isn't enough. I intend to seduce Asha Greyjoy and I'm already complying a list of positions I want to try with Arianne Martell. So, what was that again?"

I mutter about people judging my hobbies.

BTW, any notes about my desire for a large rubber shipment from the southlands (Latex = useful) and the guy I sent north of the wall?

BrianBoru wrote:Damn, I'll need to give my condolences.  That is hell for someone as young as him.   I AM glad that no one else was too injured.

"I think you can be thanked for that. You went right for their leader."

"Yes Ser."

*grunt*

Phew.

Yeah. You have a feeling you're lucky you came back with a sack of heads.

I grin and take it, "Us Valemen have to watch out for the Sheep humpers, but I do intend to keep you to that promise."  I grin warmly to show I'm not being a dick.  

"Believe me, I intend to approach my father on your behalf. A man like you would be an asset to any house. You can be sure that if you wish it, there will be a place for you among House Redfort"

"Yes...though it's something of a Red Mist.  I remember charging into the forest after them, and other than a few flashes the next thing I knew I'm standing in a clear covered in blood with a sack full of heads...hope this doesn't scare anyone else off...being a bastards a chore enough."

"Must be a legacy of your father's line I guess... Ours is the Fury?"

So I guess we ride back to the Gates of the Moon then yes?  And to face the old Anchor's brother and nephew...ugh....

Yeah. The father is there. And before anyone even has a moment to say anything Edgewise. "I DEMAND SATISFACTION FOR THIS DISHONOR TO MY HOUSE AND LINAGE! THIS BASE BORN GARBAGE'S LIES ARE A DISGRACE!"

Huh wonder what Mya and Myranda make of this?

the girls are TERRIFIED.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 34 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34  Next