Giant Stompy Robots
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus!

+2
Psyckosama
Brian Boru
6 posters

Page 33 of 34 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34  Next

Go down

Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus! - Page 33 Empty Re: Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus!

Post by Psyckosama Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:19 pm

Brian Boru wrote:"And other than slipping that shit in my meal he say anything else?"

"He didn't know anything."

That snarl becomes down-right bestial, "Melcom!"  I all but growl.

"Aye..."

Albar looks at you. "I've already informed my father via raven."

Either that or Melcom can't take a loss with any dignity.

You mention anything of the kind?

Ah right there is that.

Yep. And Nester did have orders to watch out for you two.

As am I.  Once I'm back on my feet I make sure to work my damaged arm to see the extent of the damage, to see how much I'm hindered, and to get myself back to fighting form.

Your arm hurts like hell and is stuff. Still swelling from the toxin... which considering what that shit is capable of is pretty much a dodged bullet.

Edd

You catch a few words, "That young man is terrifying."

I smirk as I leave.

Well not so much extorted as he sat on his duff until the fight was decided.

"Frankly there's something about that entire family that rubs me the wrong way. My instincts are good, and my instincts say that Walder Frey has long outlived his usefulness."

Heh

"I like the Golden Whore of Casterly Rock the most. Have you heard that one?"

If not I actually sing it for everyone.

The spear strikes the beast but unfortunately it isn't a lethal blow.  It DOES however make it angry.  The thing is searching the rocks around it, trying to scent you out with it's tongue in the air.

Roll a d10 for evading the beast.

Psyckosama carried out 1 launched of one d10 :

Psyckosama
Admin

https://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus! - Page 33 Empty Re: Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus!

Post by Brian Boru Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:23 am

Psyckosama wrote:"He didn't know anything."

"Dammit."

"Aye..."

Albar looks at you. "I've already informed my father via raven."

"My thanks, hopefully your father can kick their tailbones up between their shoulder-blades by the time we get back home."

You mention anything of the kind?

I mutter it to Mya, Myranda, Albar, and Martyn.

Yep. And Nester did have orders to watch out for you two.

Another excellent point.

Your arm hurts like hell and is stuff. Still swelling from the toxin... which considering what that shit is capable of is pretty much a dodged bullet.

True but considering who I might be going up against, I can't afford to slack off.

I keep working at it.

Edd

I smirk as I leave.

Heh

"Frankly there's something about that entire family that rubs me the wrong way. My instincts are good, and my instincts say that Walder Frey has long outlived his usefulness."

"Bunch of weasels I say." Your father mentions.

"I like the Golden Whore of Casterly Rock the most. Have you heard that one?"

If not I actually sing it for everyone.

That sets a few people chuckling.

Amazingly the lizard doesn't seem to be able to find you, still enraged and in pain the massive beast turns away from your location in its attempt to find it's attacker. You've got another spear, you use it?

If so roll 2d20 and 1d10.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:47 am

Brian Boru wrote:"Dammit."

"He didn't even know what he was putting into your food."

"My thanks, hopefully your father can kick their tailbones up between their shoulder-blades by the time we get back home."

"I hope so," he replies, "This behavior is unbecoming of a knight."

I mutter it to Mya, Myranda, Albar, and Martyn.

Albar and Martyn have been discussing it with Ser Raymun

They think its strange that the assassin would be using such exotic but deadly toxins and would have been paid in lannister coin and would be using a marked knife from the forges of his master.

There's something far more convoluted going on. But really, who could want you dead?

Another excellent point.

Probably why he didn't throw you from the moon door when you and his daughter seemed to be close... Wink

True but considering who I might be going up against, I can't afford to slack off.

I keep working at it.

D10 for the arm, d100 for the travel.

Edd

"Bunch of weasels I say."  Your father mentions.

"Honestly, I think the Green Fork needs another bridge... and I have been working on a design for one that can be build at the less ideal crossings... would you like me to show you?

If so I show him a sketch of a suspension bridge built of super heavy rope and wood.

It would be significantly cheaper to build than a proper stone bridge, can be constructed using unskilled labor, and would last for a very long time if properly maintained. It can also be constructed high enough not to interfere with river traffic and could even be modified to allow for ocean going ships to pass through depending on placement.

That sets a few people chuckling.

I put a lot of personality into it.

Amazingly the lizard doesn't seem to be able to find you, still enraged and in pain the massive beast turns away from your location in its attempt to find it's attacker.  You've got another spear, you use it?

If so roll 2d20 and 1d10.

Psyckosama carried out 1 launched of one d100 :

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:17 am

Brian Boru wrote:It is a...FUN...night...9 hours.

And you need to find a gag....she's a little...noisy....

If there's one nifty thing about the Super Soldier Serum it's that the results think of fatigue as something that doesn't apply to them.

... and now I have to fight off the mental image of having Myranda all tied up. Yeah. I'm not fighting it off very hard.

Luckily it seems that no one noticed, but Myranda has the BIGGEST smile on her face and a WONDERFUL spring in her step.

You're pretty sure her brother suspects.

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/20660866/images/1347222546228.jpg

This describes my attitude that morning with a fair amount of accuracy. I'm probably the most mellow I've been in a long time, and I'm normally a fairly mellow person anyway.

And given that I probably couldn't pry Myranda off my arm without the aid of a crowbar, I'll likely skip the usual morning spar that day.

When a girl stakes a claim her claim will be defended, even if her claim is as oblivious as a rock.

I'd argue, but I do resemble that remark.

I do ask Myranda if she intends to join me when I head back to the Crownlands, and if so begin making travel arrangements. Oh, yeah, and inform her that Anna and Hennah will be coming with us as I've hired the both of them on - considering Mya's met them Myranda is likely to know who I'm talking about. I'm not really prestigious or have enough funds rolling in to afford a Meister quite yet, after all.

Suit yourself, the nightmares come soon after.

All things considered, they're not really that bad. /denial

Mostly the queen went balistic at the sight of you, but most are dismissing it as one, she's the queen, what she got to fear from you, two, she may be as proud as a cat but losing her shit like that sounds absurd.

Well, it'd have gotten some people thinking at least. That's likely more than I could have arranged on my own.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:08 am

Psyckosama wrote:"He didn't even know what he was putting into your food."

"Double dammit. Guess that's a dead end."

"I hope so," he replies, "This behavior is unbecoming of a knight."

"A trait unfortunately common among most who call themselves knights, but has he always been like this?"

Albar and Martyn have been discussing it with Ser Raymun

They think its strange that the assassin would be using such exotic but deadly toxins and would have been paid in lannister coin and would be using a marked knife from the forges of his master.

There's something far more convoluted going on. But really, who could want you dead?

"Make the Lannister's look bad, maybe a Lannister family member is Ser Melcom's paymaster and for some reason they see me as a threat? Who knows, maybe they don't want another blackfyre debacle, I've heard that the King's trueborn look and act nothing like him and considering I can fight damn well they're fearing a repeat of the process. I honestly don't know I'm merely throwing out ideas."

Probably why he didn't throw you from the moon door when you and his daughter seemed to be close... Wink

Ghurk...

D10 for the arm, d100 for the travel.

Dice gods don't fail me now.

Brian Boru carried out 1 launched of one d10 :

Brian Boru carried out 1 launched of one d100 :

Edd

"Honestly, I think the Green Fork needs another bridge... and I have been working on a design for one that can be build at the less ideal crossings... would you like me to show you?

If so I show him a sketch of a suspension bridge built of super heavy rope and wood.

It would be significantly cheaper to build than a proper stone bridge, can be constructed using unskilled labor, and would last for a very long time if properly maintained. It can also be constructed high enough not to interfere with river traffic and could even be modified to allow for ocean going ships to pass through depending on placement.

He'd have to get some maesters and master builders to look at it but he trusts you and anything that can undermine the great late Walder Frey has his support and likely old Hoster as well.

I put a lot of personality into it.

It's an entertaining performance.

This strike manages to kill the beast, though it makes one last spasm that makes the earth shake, you watch it for breathing and soon the massive lungs stop pumping. It's certainly dead now, do you go down now? Or wait?

Rieverre wrote:If there's one nifty thing about the Super Soldier Serum it's that the results think of fatigue as something that doesn't apply to them.

Well for you, that bounce in her step turns to waddling after a while and Albar is BOUND to notice.

... and now I have to fight off the mental image of having Myranda all tied up. Yeah. I'm not fighting it off very hard.

You have a DIRTY mind.

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/20660866/images/1347222546228.jpg

This describes my attitude that morning with a fair amount of accuracy. I'm probably the most mellow I've been in a long time, and I'm normally a fairly mellow person anyway.

And given that I probably couldn't pry Myranda off my arm without the aid of a crowbar, I'll likely skip the usual morning spar that day.

Roll a d10 for her brother connecting the dots.

I'd argue, but I do resemble that remark.

Heh.

I do ask Myranda if she intends to join me when I head back to the Crownlands, and if so begin making travel arrangements. Oh, yeah, and inform her that Anna and Hennah will be coming with us as I've hired the both of them on - considering Mya's met them Myranda is likely to know who I'm talking about. I'm not really prestigious or have enough funds rolling in to afford a Meister quite yet, after all.

If she can, honestly she'd track down a septon right this second if she could though decourum might demand at least a BIT of a warning.

Yes she's heard of them, though young Hennah makes her...twitch for a second.

All things considered, they're not really that bad. /denial

Heh. Yeah, they're not that bad, they're worse.

Well, it'd have gotten some people thinking at least. That's likely more than I could have arranged on my own.

And you might have dodged a bullet, unless Tywin decides to believe it, which he likely will.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:27 am

Brian Boru wrote:"Double dammit.  Guess that's a dead end."

"Very dead..."

There's a chuckle.

"A trait unfortunately common among most who call themselves knights, but has he always been like this?"

It's Ser Jaymes, one of the oldest knights present, and an old hand who has served Lord Nestor since before the rebellion who answers. "Aye. The man's always been a bloody fool and an embarrassment to his house. He's well capable with a blade, and has made a good deal of coin on the tony circuit, wasted much of it on fine wine and fine whores. Why, there's even talk that boy of his, who was so quick to condemn you as bastard while born legitimate was not conceived in any marriage bed."

"Make the Lannister's look bad, maybe a Lannister family member is Ser Melcom's paymaster and for some reason they see me as a threat?  Who knows, maybe they don't want another blackfyre debacle, I've heard that the King's trueborn look and act nothing like him and considering I can fight damn well they're fearing a repeat of the process.  I honestly don't know I'm merely throwing out ideas."

They share a look at that last thought. "Be careful where you say that... be very careful."

You can see them constructing a scenario. It's not pretty.

Ghurk...

:p

Dice gods don't fail me now.

Wow. Now that's a hard core epic fail.

You manage to enter the Crownlands without too much trouble, but you wake up one night to the sound of fire and screams.

Fire, because the BUILDING IS ON FIRE!

Screams because it seems there's a small army of bandits guarding the doors killing anyone who tries to flee the flames!

Edd

He'd have to get some maesters and master builders to look at it but he trusts you and anything that can undermine the great late Walder Frey has his support and likely old Hoster as well.

"Well, we have the new High Maester with us and I'm sure there are plenty of master builders in Dorne to consult. I'd have willing to pay a small commission in exchange for silence."

It's an entertaining performance.

"I think I missed my calling. Or maybe I shall add music and dance to my many skills! So since I'm already performing, does anyone want to hear an epic tale of times long lost and lands far away? I've heard a wondrous story of men and monsters, of how the smallest folk can be the greatest of heroes. It is called... the Lord of the Rings..."

This strike manages to kill the beast, though it makes one last spasm that makes the earth shake, you watch it for breathing and soon the massive lungs stop pumping.  It's certainly dead now, do you go down now?  Or wait?

I lift a large rock and throw it at the things mouth. If should snap if its still alive.

If its dead, I go down and dig the spear in its spine deeper to make sure.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:50 am

Psyckosama wrote:"Very dead..."

There's a chuckle.

"Not really something to laugh about but take what you can get I guess."

It's Ser Jaymes, one of the oldest knights present, and an old hand who has served Lord Nestor since before the rebellion who answers. "Aye. The man's always been a bloody fool and an embarrassment to his house. He's well capable with a blade, and has made a good deal of coin on the tony circuit, wasted much of it on fine wine and fine whores. Why, there's even talk that boy of his, who was so quick to condemn you as bastard while born legitimate was not conceived in any marriage bed."

"Charming...and I would likely win any bet that when that jackass was born he was shockingly large for a babe supposedly born a few months early yes?"

They share a look at that last thought. "Be careful where you say that... be very careful."

You can see them constructing a scenario. It's not pretty.

"My lips are sealed."

Wow. Now that's a hard core epic fail.

You manage to enter the Crownlands without too much trouble, but you wake up one night to the sound of fire and screams.

Fire, because the BUILDING IS ON FIRE!

Screams because it seems there's a small army of bandits guarding the doors killing anyone who tries to flee the flames!

DICE GODS! WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN ME?!

FUCK! Grabbing my hammer and knocking over a table I use the thing as an arrow blocker and ram and rush the door, either I knock the bastards for a loop or I can get close enough to start bashing shit. If no table is available I take a hammer to a wall and knock a hole out and get as many people through then I turn to deal with the bandits.

Edd

"Well, we have the new High Maester with us and I'm sure there are plenty of master builders in Dorne to consult. I'd have willing to pay a small commission in exchange for silence."

Well the Grand Maester certainly approves of what he sees once you've given him and explanation though he notes that it might be a bit difficult if you try something this huge right from the start. Might want a few CHEAPER practice runs on some streams.

"I think I missed my calling. Or maybe I shall add music and dance to my many skills! So since I'm already performing, does anyone want to hear an epic tale of times long lost and lands far away? I've heard a wondrous story of men and monsters, of how the smallest folk can be the greatest of heroes. It is called... the Lord of the Rings..."

You did so well before the locals ask that you continue, some slight nostalgia on their faces, Rhaegar was famous for being a master musician, though his talent leaned towards the harp and sad tales that make maidens swoon, yours seems more like the old sagas of the old First men and Andals when they first came to Westeros. They enjoy the stories.

I lift a large rock and throw it at the things mouth. If should snap if its still alive.

If its dead, I go down and dig the spear in its spine deeper to make sure.

Well it doesn't snap but it did have a tail spasm that would have killed even you if you'd been in range of it, but that last swat of its tail seems to have been it's last hurrah and there's nothing left that can move on the creature.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:06 am

Brian Boru wrote:"Not really something to laugh about but take what you can get I guess."

Yep

"Charming...and I would likely win any bet that when that jackass was born he was shockingly large for a babe supposedly born a few months early yes?"

"No, they didn't even pretend. She was about ready to burst by the time they were wed. Seems that the daughter of a reachman lord caught his eye, he declared her his Queen of Love and Beauty, and as such things go, they shared a tumble. Her father was displeased. She was already betrothed to a man of far higher station."

"My lips are sealed."

"Now if you can find proof to such claims that's a whole different story, but it would not do for you to appear to be a Blackstag."

DICE GODS!  WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN ME?!

Because they like me moar.

FUCK!  Grabbing my hammer and knocking over a table I use the thing as an arrow blocker and ram and rush the door, either I knock the bastards for a loop or I can get close enough to start bashing shit. If no table is available I take a hammer to a wall and knock a hole out and get as many people through then I turn to deal with the bandits.

The walls are thick and oaken. And by think I mean thick. These traveling inns have two primary elements of character. First, there is no want of wood with which to build. Second, they need to be able to repulse a bandit raid as defenders will be slow coming. So no, you're not going through the walls.

Edd

Well the Grand Maester certainly approves of what he sees once you've given him and explanation though he notes that it might be a bit difficult if you try something this huge right from the start. Might want a few CHEAPER practice runs on some streams.

"Of course. And before that models. After all, using models and mathematics we might be able to create scale models that will accurately simulate the forces that the bridge will undergo allowing us to refine the design before committing any actual gold to its construction."

You did so well before the locals ask that you continue, some slight nostalgia on their faces, Rhaegar was famous for being a master musician, though his talent leaned towards the harp and sad tales that make maidens swoon, yours seems more like the old sagas of the old First men and Andals when they first came to Westeros.  They enjoy the stories.

So I tell them the story of the lord of the rings, starting with the Hobbit and going onto the Fellowship of the Ring, the Twin Towers, and the Return of the King.

I'm sure its dawn before I finish.

Well it doesn't snap but it did have a tail spasm that would have killed even you if you'd been in range of it, but that last swat of its tail seems to have been it's last hurrah and there's nothing left that can move on the creature.

"Well, what now?" I call out.

I want the body prepared how they normally prepare it. And I'm sure they eat much of it. That's a lot of meat! Very Happy

If it is eaten, I actually arrange for it to be the main course of a fast.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:50 am

Brian Boru wrote:Well for you, that bounce in her step turns to waddling after a while and Albar is BOUND to notice.

Still probably not as bad as if we'd had actual intercourse, meaning it might squeak by ... might.

You have a DIRTY mind.

This is somehow news? Actually, silk scarves would work better initially. And are likely readily available. ^^

Roll a d10 for her brother connecting the dots.

Rollan.

If she can, honestly she'd track down a septon right this second if she could though decourum might demand at least a BIT of a warning.

I suggest we hold off until I'm a bit better established and have an actual _name_ to give. And even then we might want to make a trip of it. I don't mind the Seven, but the Sept has this thing about bastards ... I'd just as soon hunt down a proper Godswood instead.

Yes she's heard of them, though young Hennah makes her...twitch for a second.

"I might as well be honest about this, even if lying or avoiding the subject would be easier. It wouldn't set a good precedent for our relationship. So, do I find both of them attractive? Yes. Would I like to find either in my bed at some point? Also yes, though that's likely not going to happen. Is that my actual reason for taking them on? No. Even Maesters have their own agendas, more often than not, so having someone you feel you could actually trust with the health and well being of yourself and your important people? That's valuable."

... deep sigh. "Would you care to come with me the next time I go visit with them?"

And you might have dodged a bullet, unless Tywin decides to believe it, which he likely will.

Pretty sure that between that and Jaime I've lost any chance at all at being in Tywin Lannister's good book ... not that he likely even has one.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Dice Bot Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:50 am

The member 'Rieverre' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd10' : 8

Dice Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:46 am

Psyckosama wrote:"No, they didn't even pretend. She was about ready to burst by the time they were wed. Seems that the daughter of a reachman lord caught his eye, he declared her his Queen of Love and Beauty, and as such things go, they shared a tumble. Her father was displeased. She was already betrothed to a man of far higher station."

"Oh that must have gotten everyone's small-clothes into knots." I chuckle. Though not all that hard considering a few days most likely would have meant another stone.

"Now if you can find proof to such claims that's a whole different story, but it would not do for you to appear to be a Blackstag."

"Heh no fear of that. Now it's getting other people to believe it."

Because they like me moar.

Razzafrazza...

The walls are thick and oaken. And by think I mean thick. These traveling inns have two primary elements of character. First, there is no want of wood with which to build. Second, they need to be able to repulse a bandit raid as defenders will be slow coming. So no, you're not going through the walls.

Alright is there a back door? A window, how about the upstairs are they on fire? If none of those are a go then I find something to cover my torso and I charge the door to clear a way out.

Edd

"Of course. And before that models. After all, using models and mathematics we might be able to create scale models that will accurately simulate the forces that the bridge will undergo allowing us to refine the design before committing any actual gold to its construction."

Now he's honestly impressed and he asks where you learned this at, being a squire for a sworn sword isn't considered a haven for the learned arts.

So I tell them the story of the lord of the rings, starting with the Hobbit and going onto the Fellowship of the Ring, the Twin Towers, and the Return of the King.

I'm sure its dawn before I finish.

And only a few have fallen asleep. Though you might wonder about a banish royal line regaining a throne considering Robert's Rebellion.

"Well, what now?" I call out.

I want the body prepared how they normally prepare it. And I'm sure they eat much of it. That's a lot of meat! Very Happy

If it is eaten, I actually arrange for it to be the main course of a fast.

"The things are carrion eaters much of the time, their meat is rather foul unless you boil the daylights out of it. But the skin is some of the best leather in all of the known world, strong, flexible, and can be as tough as chain-mail if you can prepare it right.

Rieverre wrote:Still probably not as bad as if we'd had actual intercourse, meaning it might squeak by ... might.

Snerk.

This is somehow news? Actually, silk scarves would work better initially. And are likely readily available. ^^

He twigs immediately to what the two of you did last night, but he isn't going to attack the hero of the hour right then and there, but he's going to his father oh yes. HE. IS!

I suggest we hold off until I'm a bit better established and have an actual _name_ to give. And even then we might want to make a trip of it. I don't mind the Seven, but the Sept has this thing about bastards ... I'd just as soon hunt down a proper Godswood instead.

She'll wait but only just.

"I might as well be honest about this, even if lying or avoiding the subject would be easier. It wouldn't set a good precedent for our relationship. So, do I find both of them attractive? Yes. Would I like to find either in my bed at some point? Also yes, though that's likely not going to happen. Is that my actual reason for taking them on? No. Even Maesters have their own agendas, more often than not, so having someone you feel you could actually trust with the health and well being of yourself and your important people? That's valuable."

She gives you a long look, while you made a good point about a professional healer, the fact you openly admit that both women are attractive and that you wouldn't mind bedding either of them, to her face, doesn't exactly fill her with confidence. Though she does eventually say that she'll just have to make sure you're too wrung out to rove.

Considering she killed a man in bed in OTL she just might be able to do it.

... deep sigh. "Would you care to come with me the next time I go visit with them?"

If nothing else to see what she's up against. When do you go?

Pretty sure that between that and Jaime I've lost any chance at all at being in Tywin Lannister's good book ... not that he likely even has one.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:04 am

Brian Boru wrote:"Oh that must have gotten everyone's small-clothes into knots."  I chuckle.  Though not all that hard considering a few days most likely would have meant another stone.

"Oh, indeed... he's a vain, arrogant prick who was good at swinging a sword and little else. No honor, only greed."

"Heh no fear of that.  Now it's getting other people to believe it."

"They key word here is 'appear'..."

Razzafrazza...

Very Happy

Alright is there a back door?  A window, how about the upstairs are they on fire?  If none of those are a go then I find something to cover my torso and I charge the door to clear a way out.

Okay, you going to check with your Xray vision? No? I guess its look around frantically time.

Edd

Now he's honestly impressed and he asks where you learned this at, being a squire for a sworn sword isn't considered a haven for the learned arts.

"I've read and memorized every book in a maester's library and the only reason I didn't head to the citadel was I wanted a family. And even now I might decide to head back some time and forge a number of rings even if I don't take the oaths."

And only a few have fallen asleep.  Though you might wonder about a banish royal line regaining a throne considering Robert's Rebellion.

The line of the Stewards were never Kings, and Aragorn was an honorable man who only pressed his claim when it became clear that the current Steward was maddened by the loss of his son. And even then he honored Faramir as among the most honored of his bannermen and had counted Boromir as his honored brother in battle. I really don't see the comparison.

"The things are carrion eaters much of the time, their meat is rather foul unless you boil the daylights out of it.  But the skin is some of the best leather in all of the known world, strong, flexible, and can be as tough as chain-mail if you can prepare it right.

I see. Skin it carefully and had your best tanners tend to it... and prepare the meat and give it to the small folk. I'm sure they can make good use of it.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:09 am

Brian Boru wrote:He twigs immediately to what the two of you did last night, but he isn't going to attack the hero of the hour right then and there, but he's going to his father oh yes. HE. IS!

Well ... alright?

She gives you a long look, while you made a good point about a professional healer, the fact you openly admit that both women are attractive and that you wouldn't mind bedding either of them, to her face, doesn't exactly fill her with confidence.  Though she does eventually say that she'll just have to make sure you're too wrung out to rove.

"If we're going to do this, we'll be going the distance together, partners for the rest of our lives. I would rather not lie to you."

Pause.

"Would it sill count as roving if we were both there?"

Of course, the proper way to handle this is to regularly leave her so tired and blissed out she admits she might need to recruit help. But that's more of a longer term endeavor than anything else. Thank ROB for Serum-influenced physiology ... though I'm not sure how much of that is due to the Serum and how much is just the natural inclination of the son of Robert 'I've fucked my way through Westeros' Baratheon.

Considering she killed a man in bed in OTL she just might be able to do it.

Considering the kind of men she almost married here, I'm not sure if that was a comment on Myranda's appetites or her former husband's lack of constitution.

If nothing else to see what she's up against.  When do you go?

When the wagon and traveling supplies have been arranged for, to drop those off. Aaaaand we'll take Mya along too, because she gets along with them well and she's not visited with them yet at this point.

Speaking of which, what are Myranda's traveling arrangements? Does she prefer to ride, or will she also go via wagon when we leave?
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:39 am

Psyckosama wrote:"Oh, indeed... he's a vain, arrogant prick who was good at swinging a sword and little else. No honor, only greed."

"At least he has an older brother to keep him slightly in line. Gods help all of us if he were lord."

"They key word here is 'appear'..."

Then I can only pray the gods have mercy on me.

Okay, you going to check with your Xray vision? No? I guess its look around frantically time.

ALL RIGHT THEN LET ME REITERATE! I. FIND. A. MAKE-SHIFT. SHIELD. AND. CHARGE. THE. DOOR. AND. CLEAR. THE. WAY. OUT!

Edd

"I've read and memorized every book in a maester's library and the only reason I didn't head to the citadel was I wanted a family. And even now I might decide to head back some time and forge a number of rings even if I don't take the oaths."

"....you are an interesting young man my Prince."

The line of the Stewards were never Kings, and Aragorn was an honorable man who only pressed his claim when it became clear that the current Steward was maddened by the loss of his son. And even then he honored Faramir as among the most honored of his bannermen and had counted Boromir as his honored brother in battle. I really don't see the comparison.

Oh I know that but do you think bunch of drunk and snozzled folk who LIVE this won't make that kind of connection?

I see. Skin it carefully and had your best tanners tend to it... and prepare the meat and give it to the small folk. I'm sure they can make good use of it.

Well they find a use for the meat evenutally, and you also got enough leather to outfit a score of men in full leather armor.

Rieverre wrote:Well ... alright?

And your promptly called to Ser Rhoyce.

"If we're going to do this, we'll be going the distance together, partners for the rest of our lives. I would rather not lie to you."

Pause.

"Would it sill count as roving if we were both there?"

Dead pan look.

Of course, the proper way to handle this is to regularly leave her so tired and blissed out she admits she might need to recruit help. But that's more of a longer term endeavor than anything else. Thank ROB for Serum-influenced physiology ... though I'm not sure how much of that is due to the Serum and how much is just the natural inclination of the son of Robert 'I've fucked my way through Westeros' Baratheon.

Or maybe she just MIGHT be enough for you, you though of that? Rolling Eyes 

Considering the kind of men she almost married here, I'm not sure if that was a comment on Myranda's appetites or her former husband's lack of constitution.

Probably both.

When the wagon and traveling supplies have been arranged for, to drop those off. Aaaaand we'll take Mya along too, because she gets along with them well and she's not visited with them yet at this point.

Speaking of which, what are Myranda's traveling arrangements? Does she prefer to ride, or will she also go via wagon when we leave?

She can ride though she doesn't enjoy it. She'd prefer a wagon.

You've got other issues as the man looks like he's been forced something FOUL down his throat, meanwhile Albar looks ready to throttle you. Myranda is a bit concerned about her brother's health considering he's gone red in the face and veins are bulging.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:49 am

Brian Boru wrote:"At least he has an older brother to keep him slightly in line.  Gods help all of us if he were lord."

That gets a series of dull nods.

Then I can only pray the gods have mercy on me.

"You have a lot to overcome, lad."

ALL RIGHT THEN LET ME REITERATE!  I. FIND. A. MAKE-SHIFT. SHIELD. AND. CHARGE. THE. DOOR. AND. CLEAR. THE. WAY. OUT!

Do you grab your stuff before you do this? Losing your arms and armor to a fire would be a shame?

Anyways the door goes down like kindling.

Edd

"....you are an interesting young man my Prince."

"Thank you. Being boring is... boring."

Oh I know that but do you think bunch of drunk and snozzled folk who LIVE this won't make that kind of connection?

If anything they'd pick it up faster. The devil is in the details.

Well they find a use for the meat evenutally, and you also got enough leather to outfit a score of men in full leather armor.

Heh. I'm thinking of a couple sets for myself as well.

And I'm sure my more martially interested ladies will like suits. Dacey would probably enjoy one at least.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:57 am

Brian Boru wrote:And your promptly called to Ser Rhoyce.

... aaaand here we go again.

Dead pan look.

"If Mya hasn't mentioned her brother is a horrible pervert she's been sorely remiss in warning her best friend," I deadpan right back.

Or maybe she just MIGHT be enough for you, you though of that? Rolling Eyes 

Well, there is that too. Let's face it, for Westeros, I'm pretty restrained. Or have been so far.

She can ride though she doesn't enjoy it.  She'd prefer a wagon.

You've got other issues as the man looks like he's been forced something FOUL down his throat, meanwhile Albar looks ready to throttle you.  Myranda is a bit concerned about her brother's health considering he's gone red in the face and veins are bulging.

I assume you mean Nestor with that first part? Yeah, this is probably the kind of conversation no father should ever like to be a part of.

... yeah, seems I was calling it when I said this could end with me being taken up to the Eyrie just so they can chuck me down the mountain.

Well, I face the firing squad with a flat look and wait for the first barrage of accusations.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:12 am

Psyckosama wrote:That gets a series of dull nods.

Heh

"You have a lot to overcome, lad."

Don't I know it.

Do you grab your stuff before you do this? Losing your arms and armor to a fire would be a shame?

Yes, let's move on.

Anyways the door goes down like kindling.

With the door down I immediately lay into the attackers blocking the way out. Once I've cleared the way I bellow for everyone to get out of the inn.

Edd

"Thank you. Being boring is... boring."

That gets a laugh.

If anything they'd pick it up faster. The devil is in the details.

Missing king, targaryens....stewards who aren't really supposed to be there....Baratheons....

Heh. I'm thinking of a couple sets for myself as well.

And I'm sure my more martially interested ladies will like suits. Dacey would probably enjoy one at least.

Stupid sexy flanders moment when Dacey's is fitted out.

Rieverre wrote:... aaaand here we go again.

HAH!

"If Mya hasn't mentioned her brother is a horrible pervert she's been sorely remiss in warning her best friend," I deadpan right back.

She was hoping Mya was exaggerating. And I doubt you've been plowing your way through everything with a xx chromosome.

Well, there is that too. Let's face it, for Westeros, I'm pretty restrained. Or have been so far.

Monogamy CAN work, and keeps embarrassments down.

I assume you mean Nestor with that first part?

Yes.

Yeah, this is probably the kind of conversation no father should ever like to be a part of.

Heh.

... yeah, seems I was calling it when I said this could end with me being taken up to the Eyrie just so they can chuck me down the mountain.

Well, I face the firing squad with a flat look and wait for the first barrage of accusations.

Nestor rubs his temple for a moment then looks up at you. "Alright, Albar's been screaming about you defiling Myranda and that you should be thrown out the Moon Door. But considering he is about to kill himself of apoplexy I'm inclined to take his word with a grain of salt at the moment. I also know that that you are not that kind of man. So let me hear your side of the story first before I pass judgement here."
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:38 am

Brian Boru wrote:With the door down I immediately lay into the attackers blocking the way out.  Once I've cleared the way I bellow for everyone to get out of the inn.

It seems that all but one of the doors has been barricaded.

There are well over dozen men you can see, all in armor with decent quality arms. These are not mere bandits but proper sellswords... no markings but well armed... you see a number of dead already outside the door....

They seem to be cutting down anyone who exits while laughing and taunting.

Edd

Missing king, targaryens....stewards who aren't really supposed to be there....Baratheons....

Dude. You're REALLY grasping for straws here.

Stupid sexy flanders moment when Dacey's is fitted out.

Yep. Though she's in King's Landing... so it'll have to wait.

Anyways, before we go (and move the plot on)...

I'd like to give a gift to the locals.

I'd like to experiment with a couple stove designs, if they don't have them. Designs that will use much less fuel than traditional cooking fires.

The first is the Tandor oven... which on Earth was mostly a middle eastern and indian thing.

It's basically a large clay pot, sometimes covered in sand to help preserve heat, with a very small charcoal fire on the bottom. They get outrageously hot and are very good for cooking things using high heat.

If they don't have them I experiment with Kabobs and Naan (Bread cooked by slapping it against the walls of the Tandor then scraping it off with a wired hook and long handled spatula) and meat kabobs.

http://images.fxcuisine.com/blogimages/tandoor-seekh-vegetables-IMG_4622.jpg

The second is stove that can be made from scrap bricks and a little clay mortar called a rocket stove.

It uses very little fuel to create extremely intense heat and is good for using a pot.

I also experiment with putting a clay pipe in the middle to increase effectiveness (which it will)

https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2731/4519590528_3d58415f64_z.jpg

They should help the local small folk cut down fuel use, thus allowing the supply to stretch, saving them coin which will allow them to be more prosperous (and I note in passing to lord Qorgyle, buy more taxable luxuries)... Wink

You know, my whole ideal of enriching the nobility by widening the income base Wink

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:51 am

Brian Boru wrote:She was hoping Mya was exaggerating. And I doubt you've been plowing your way through everything with a xx chromosome.

"That doesn't make me less of a pervert, it makes me less of a billy goat with no self control. If anything, my dear sister might have been understating the issue."

Monogamy CAN work, and keeps embarrassments down.

... pretty sure every single case of it seen in the source material has ended in death. Also, stop destroying my dreams.

Nestor rubs his temple for a moment then looks up at you. "Alright, Albar's been screaming about you defiling Myranda and that you should be thrown out the Moon Door. But considering he is about to kill himself of apoplexy I'm inclined to take his word with a grain of salt at the moment.  I also know that that you are not that kind of man.  So let me hear your side of the story first before I pass judgement here."

Oh god, they're going to make me say it. This about ranks the 'most awkward conversations I've ever had' list.

"In the interest of keeping this as brief and direct as possible," I offer, because really, dragging this out would be to nobody's benefit and only make things worse. "Myranda and I did not ... consummate our relationship. We did however spend the night together."

I am resolutely not speaking about any direct circumstances. I'm sure Nestor will at least appreciate my _lack_ of explicitness.

Also, if glares could kill, I imagine the one Myranda is sending her brother's way would have already ...
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:34 am

Rieverre wrote:... pretty sure every single case of it seen in the source material has ended in death. Also, stop destroying my dreams.

Yeah, reducing players to hollow, weeping shells that were once human beings is my job!  Twisted Evil 

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:26 am

Psyckosama wrote:It seems that all but one of the doors has been barricaded.

There are well over dozen men you can see, all in armor with decent quality arms. These are not mere bandits but proper sellswords... no markings but well armed... you see a number of dead already outside the door....

They seem to be cutting down anyone who exits while laughing and taunting.

Now I'm mad! I rush the bastards aiming to hurl the fuckers as far as I possibly can, looking for that fury I used in the mountains, I plan to show these fuckers why my father's family motto is "OURS IS THE FURY!"

Edd

Dude. You're REALLY grasping for straws here.

Point taken, it IS an entertaining story and they're impressed you invented the thing whole-sale like that.

Yep. Though she's in King's Landing... so it'll have to wait.

Ah...right....

Anyways, before we go (and move the plot on)...

I'd like to give a gift to the locals.

I'd like to experiment with a couple stove designs, if they don't have them. Designs that will use much less fuel than traditional cooking fires.

The first is the Tandor oven... which on Earth was mostly a middle eastern and indian thing.

It's basically a large clay pot, sometimes covered in sand to help preserve heat, with a very small charcoal fire on the bottom. They get outrageously hot and are very good for cooking things using high heat.

If they don't have them I experiment with Kabobs and Naan (Bread cooked by slapping it against the walls of the Tandor then scraping it off with a wired hook and long handled spatula) and meat kabobs.

http://images.fxcuisine.com/blogimages/tandoor-seekh-vegetables-IMG_4622.jpg

Those they have, living in a desert makes one cautious about fuel and using it to the most potential.

The second is stove that can be made from scrap bricks and a little clay mortar called a rocket stove.

It uses very little fuel to create extremely intense heat and is good for using a pot.

I also experiment with putting a clay pipe in the middle to increase effectiveness (which it will)

https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2731/4519590528_3d58415f64_z.jpg

They should help the local small folk cut down fuel use, thus allowing the supply to stretch, saving them coin which will allow them to be more prosperous (and I note in passing to lord Qorgyle, buy more taxable luxuries)... Wink

You know, my whole ideal of enriching the nobility by widening the income base Wink

That one they don't have but they ARE interested and see what they can do to integrate this to their folk.

Anything else or we move to Sunspear?

Rieverre wrote:"That doesn't make me less of a pervert, it makes me less of a billy goat with no self control. If anything, my dear sister might have been understating the issue."

She gives you the feminine look there.

... pretty sure every single case of it seen in the source material has ended in death. Also, stop destroying my dreams.

Do your dreams include and happy and healthy home where you DON'T have 30 different bastards and or mistresses drawing knives on each other to get what ever you might leave behind? Because that COULD be the road you travel on if you don't watch it.

Oh god, they're going to make me say it. This about ranks the 'most awkward conversations I've ever had' list.

"In the interest of keeping this as brief and direct as possible," I offer, because really, dragging this out would be to nobody's benefit and only make things worse. "Myranda and I did not ... consummate our relationship. We did however spend the night together."

Both men blink at that. Nestor with relief, Albar disbelief.

I am resolutely not speaking about any direct circumstances. I'm sure Nestor will at least appreciate my _lack_ of explicitness.

He does.

Also, if glares could kill, I imagine the one Myranda is sending her brother's way would have already ...

She is but Albar's full of righteous fury at the moment.

Nestor's silent for a while then he says, "While I trust my son's opinion in most things, in this matter his judgment is more than a little...clouded. I also know you're one of the most honorable young men in the Vale so in this matter. I will let the matter rest."

"B..but father!" Albar starts but is silenced by his father with a look.

"I have made my decision, are you going against me in public?"

"No..."

"Good, now unless there is anything else anyone else would like to add you have my leave to go."

Do you?

And what do you do once out?
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:18 am

Brian Boru wrote:Now I'm mad!  I rush the bastards aiming to hurl the fuckers as far as I possibly can, looking for that fury I used in the mountains, I plan to show these fuckers why my father's family motto is "OURS IS THE FURY!"

You heft one of the large tables and charge out, the thick wood allowing you to bowl over a couple men and protecting you from a couple blows.

At this point you feel like you have the strength of ten men, and are so epically pissed you're damned near ready to bite your shield.

Anyways, roll a d100.

Point taken, it IS an entertaining story and they're impressed you invented the thing whole-sale like that.

"I remember hearing it long ago... not sure where though. I really should write it down..."

Ah...right....

Yep.

Those they have, living in a desert makes one cautious about fuel and using it to the most potential.

Right. Making sure.

That one they don't have but they ARE interested and see what they can do to integrate this to their folk.

Okay, I do a quick sketch, make a fast prototype, and there you go.

Anything else or we move to Sunspear?

Movin' on! Please!

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:04 am

Brian Boru wrote:Do your dreams include and happy and healthy home where you DON'T have 30 different bastards and or mistresses drawing knives on each other to get what ever you might leave behind?  Because that COULD be the road you travel on if you don't watch it.

Considering the circumstances I've been pretty goddamn restrained so far. If all I wanted was to fuck a swath through Westeros, I've been in a position to start on that for a while now.

Nestor's silent for a while then he says, "While I trust my  son's opinion in most things, in this matter his judgment is more than a little...clouded.  I also know you're one of the most honorable young men in the Vale so in this matter.  I will let the matter rest."

"B..but father!" Albar starts but is silenced by his father with a look.

"I have made my decision, are you going against me in public?"

"No..."

"Good, now unless there is anything else anyone else would like to add you have my leave to go."

Do you?

"... regarding our conversation yesterday ... there really isn't a tactful way of saying this, but I'll likely end up stealing my fiancee away before the wedding when I head back to the Crownlands. I'd like to introduce her to my father, for one. And possibly hide behind her when Lord Jon happens by because I'm hoping to distract him away from that whole 'yes, Lord Jon, I know I said I'd try to not make too much trouble last time I was around, but I'd like to introduce to you my future wife ...' issue."

And what do you do once out?

"Well ... that just happened ... and was horribly awkward," I say with a sigh.

Anyway, IIRC we were going to hunt down Mya and go down to meet Anna and Hennah in town with Myranda before we were interrupted.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:57 am

Psyckosama wrote:You heft one of the large tables and charge out, the thick wood allowing you to bowl over a couple men and protecting you from a couple blows.

At this point you feel like you have the strength of ten men, and are so epically pissed you're damned near ready to bite your shield.

"RRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAGAGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!"

Anyways, roll a d100.

"I remember hearing it long ago... not sure where though. I really should write it down..."

"He must have been an incredible story-teller then."

"Maybe you should have it recorded in the Maester's Tower or the like."

Right. Making sure.

They do appreciate the gesture and wonder where you keep coming up with this stuff.

Okay, I do a quick sketch, make a fast prototype, and there you go.

Thanks for the drawings and the Maester looks intrigued.

Movin' on! Please!

Roll a d100 for the weather.

Rieverre wrote:Considering the circumstances I've been pretty goddamn restrained so far. If all I wanted was to fuck a swath through Westeros, I've been in a position to start on that for a while now.

True but remember the world you live in personal relationship ARE the bonds of society here so you might want to be at LEAST cautious.

"... regarding our conversation yesterday ... there really isn't a tactful way of saying this, but I'll likely end up stealing my fiancee away before the wedding when I head back to the Crownlands. I'd like to introduce her to my father, for one. And possibly hide behind her when Lord Jon happens by because I'm hoping to distract him away from that whole 'yes, Lord Jon, I know I said I'd try to not make too much trouble last time I was around, but I'd like to introduce to you my future wife ...' issue."

The sheer frustration on Nestor's face is palpable from where you stand. But after a moment of staring at you he sighs and says, "Give me until tomorrow."

"Well ... that just happened ... and was horribly awkward," I say with a sigh.

"Yes....at least it's in the open."

Anyway, IIRC we were going to hunt down Mya and go down to meet Anna and Hennah in town with Myranda before we were interrupted.

Alright.

When you get down there you see that the ladies are packing their shop up for the eventual trek. When they see you coming the younger woman seems excited and runs out to greet you, but that excitement turns...frigid when she sees Myranda walking alongside you.

"Welcome back, who is your friend?"
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:11 am

Brian Boru wrote:"RRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAGAGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!"

You charge out, and are a bit blinded by rage. To put it gently...

You kill a number of them before they break and run...

Roll another d100

Edd

"He must have been an incredible story-teller then."

"Maybe you should have it recorded in the Maester's Tower or the like."

"I have slightly more elaborate plans, but thank you for the suggestion."

They do appreciate the gesture and wonder where you keep coming up with this stuff.

"I tinker."

Thanks for the drawings and the Maester looks intrigued.

I smile at it. "You ain't seen nothin' yet."

Roll a d100 for the weather.

Psyckosama carried out 1 launched of one d100 :

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:17 am

Psyckosama wrote:You charge out, and are a bit blinded by rage. To put it gently...

You kill a number of them before they break and run...

"KILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILL!  AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!"

Roll another d100

Edd

"I have slightly more elaborate plans, but thank you for the suggestion."

Nod in return.

"I tinker."

"And your skill at understatement is astounding my prince."

I smile at it. "You ain't seen nothin' yet."

That look people seem to give you all the time is shockingly widespread.

This time preparations are made beforehand and the trek actually goes quite nicely, you actually have short cloud cover for several days.  Eventually though you finally reach Sunspear, the capital of Dorne.  The city is impressive to say the least.

At the gates you see that a welcoming party is already present.  At the center of the greeting party is....

Roll a d10.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:28 am

Brian Boru wrote:"KILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILL!  AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!"

Your head starts to clear as they begin to flee. First, you've been injured. Second, you have no prisoners.

You're mind is slipping out of MURDER DEATH RAGE but you need to focus if you're going to hunt them down like you did those fucking mountain men... if you want to.

What do you do.

Also, do you want prisoners?

Edd

"And your skill at understatement is astounding my prince."

"I much rather understate than be a braggart. I'll speak with deeds."

That look people seem to give you all the time is shockingly widespread.

Heh.

"Fine then... I need access to the castle blacksmith..."

I rig up a swamp cooler. (something that should be easily built and would probably have me considered a patron saint in Dorne)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evaporative_cooler

I rig it so the pump and fan are powered by a small tower mounted windmill via a rotating axle.

This time preparations are made beforehand and the trek actually goes quite nicely, you actually have short cloud cover for several days.  Eventually though you finally reach Sunspear, the capital of Dorne.  The city is impressive to say the least.

"I approve... Neo-Rhoynar architecture..."

I geek out a bit.

At the gates you see that a welcoming party is already present.  At the center of the greeting party is....

Roll a d10.

Psyckosama carried out 1 launched of one d10 :

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:08 am

Brian Boru wrote:True but remember the world you live in personal relationship ARE the bonds of society here so you might want to be at LEAST cautious.

*sidelong look at Psycko's run* Comparatively speaking I've been a saint.

The sheer frustration on Nestor's face is palpable from where you stand.  But after a moment of staring at you he sighs and says, "Give me until tomorrow."

... well, we weren't planning on leaving immediately anyway so I see no problem with that. There's still a fair few days left. Still, I can understand Nestor's frustration. This isn't quite elopement, but it's little better.

"Yes....at least it's in the open."

"No, I'm pretty sure it's been in the open since I spoke to your father yesterday. I just meant I'd wanted to spare him having to deal with the details ... there are just some conversations a father should never have to suffer through."

Alright.

When you get down there you see that the ladies are packing their shop up for the eventual trek.  When they see you coming the younger woman seems excited and runs out to greet you, but that excitement turns...frigid when she sees Myranda walking alongside you.  

"Welcome back, who is your friend?"

... yeah, again, no really good way to do this but I think it's gotta be done anyway, rather than just dropping the matter on them when we start the trip back.

"Myranda? Hennah and her mother Anna. The apothecaries and I would like to say dear friends you've heard about from Mya," I indicate the latter with a nod if she's not joined us at this point. "Hennah? This is Myranda Royce. My fiancee."
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:54 am

Psyckosama wrote:Your head starts to clear as they begin to flee. First, you've been injured. Second, you have no prisoners.

Damn.

You're mind is slipping out of MURDER DEATH RAGE but you need to focus if you're going to hunt them down like you did those fucking mountain men... if you want to.

I focus myself like I had during the duel at the Gate of the Moon. I'm going to need every advantage I can.

What do you do.

Glance over my shoulder to make sure people are getting out, then I head after the bastards.

Also, do you want prisoners?

One.

Edd

"I much rather understate than be a braggart. I'll speak with deeds."

"True"

"Fine then... I need access to the castle blacksmith..."

I rig up a swamp cooler. (something that should be easily built and would probably have me considered a patron saint in Dorne)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evaporative_cooler

I rig it so the pump and fan are powered by a small tower mounted windmill via a rotating axle.

This also gets their attention. He promises to look at this later but it does intrigue him.

"I approve... Neo-Rhoynar architecture..."

I geek out a bit.

"And architecture? Where did you have time for this son?"

Princess Arriane Martell....you THINK you're mouth goes dry when you see her. Not tall but ye gods she gorgeous....Robert actually chuckles a bit. "Now that's a woman there son."

When you finally arrive at the gates the Princess bows, exposing the cleavage that seems common in Dornish dress...and what lovely cleavage it is. She then welcomes you to Sunspear. She apologizes but her father had already left for the water gardens for his health when it was learned you would arrive soon and her uncle had gone on one of his long treks to gods know where for gods know how long.

She asks if the journey was pleasant.

Rieverre wrote:*sidelong look at Psycko's run* Comparatively speaking I've been a saint.

Psycko's also a crown prince.

... well, we weren't planning on leaving immediately anyway so I see no problem with that. There's still a fair few days left. Still, I can understand Nestor's frustration. This isn't quite elopement, but it's little better.

He'd really love to rip you a new one but favor with the king puts pay to even that.

"No, I'm pretty sure it's been in the open since I spoke to your father yesterday. I just meant I'd wanted to spare him having to deal with the details ... there are just some conversations a father should never have to suffer through."

"It was a little funny to see Albar almost pop a vessel, he never has liked you much."

... yeah, again, no really good way to do this but I think it's gotta be done anyway, rather than just dropping the matter on them when we start the trip back.

Heh

"Myranda? Hennah and her mother Anna. The apothecaries and I would like to say dear friends you've heard about from Mya," I indicate the latter with a nod if she's not joined us at this point. "Hennah? This is Myranda Royce. My fiancee."

They check each other, like cats sizing each other up for a fight. Pleasentries are offered and mild conversation happens...and it seems there won't be a fight or a bitch fest...for now.

You've dodged a bullet for a moment. Is there anything else you wish to do here?
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:41 am

Brian Boru wrote:Psycko's also a crown prince.

Bah. Details! Don't bother me with details!

He'd really love to rip you a new one but favor with the king puts pay to even that.

I have to wonder for what, precisely, seeing as we talked about this exact thing happening during our previous conversation and he seemed alright with it.

"It was a little funny to see Albar almost pop a vessel, he never has liked you much."

"Brother's prerogative, I think. You're not really supposed to like whoever it is your sister fancies. As relatively understanding as I've been myself, Mychel and I have an unspoken agreement. He doesn't hurt Mya, I don't show up in his rooms in the middle of the night and drag him out to the mountainside where I've dug a shallow grave."

They check each other, like cats sizing each other up for a fight.  Pleasentries are offered and mild conversation happens...and it seems there won't be a fight or a bitch fest...for now.

You've dodged a bullet for a moment. Is there anything else you wish to do here?

Well, since I'm here already I might as well help Anna with moving stuff while those two talk ... and hope Mya is enough to keep them from coming to blows.

"Yes, I know, would you believe it just sort of happened?" I say under my breath in response to Anna's Look.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 34 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34  Next