Giant Stompy Robots
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter 1: The Beginning

+2
Rieverre
Psyckosama
6 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Chapter 1: The Beginning - Page 5 Empty Re: Chapter 1: The Beginning

Post by Psyckosama Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:18 am

Rieverre wrote:I grin. "We'll work something out once I've figured who I'm best served hocking all my take to."

He nods. "Well, I might be able to help with that when the time comes."

You have a feeling he might just get a percentage if he sends you to the right people... that said, the fast way isn't always the most profitable.

... right. I do remember reading something about toasted cheese on bread, but I'm not butting into someone else's negotiations.

Dude, you've had toasted cheese on bread. It's one of those foods that makes for good in the field rations. Hard cheese especially along with crusty bread that doesn't go stale quickly and dry sausages.

Huh. I like it and make no pretense about my appreciation of the scenery. Plus, it's nice that it isn't loud.

One of the girls walks past and actually smacks you on the ass without even looking like she did it.

Sausy Minx.

Daaamn.

Black. Magic.

"Bath first, I think. No, definitely bath first. As for help, I've just got a month or so of digging through a boneyard and picking up dust on the road. While I'd certainly like some ... help ..." I turn my head a bit and make a show of sniffing, "I'm not going to inflict this ruddy carcass on anyone until it's had a scrubbing."

"Bath or shower? Shower's cheaper. Most people don't have the option so I always suggest. Also, you having your stuff laundered?"

"Well, as for price? You've got a kitchen in there, don't you?" I have to grin, unlimbering my saddlebags and loot bag (which is really more of a really sturdy, if patched, sack) and removing, then unwrapping a bottle of perfectly preserved Before The End vinegar. "Appetizer. Got something a lot better in here if you're interested, but frankly, if we're going to be talking about this, I'd just as soon do it when I'm cleaned up."

"It depends but..." she looks over the vinegar then turns to her mother who shakes her head and cuts in.

"I get that you're trying to sell us some food stock, but the fact is that it could be the best in the world and I still wouldn't take it. At a place like this we need consistency more than we need fancy flavors of the world long past. You'd be better off hocking that to somebody's ditz wife."

RTM wrote:Nodding thankfully, Richard leans back and idly scratching the back of his head. Holding off on asking for possible jobs, the ex-Sentiel just relaxes for a moment and the enjoys the comparative silence while waiting for his beer and for the bartender to check back with her mother about his parents.

Well, her mother came out so she does ask her.

"Sorry kid, if they're been around I haven't see 'em or don't remember them."

Brian Boru wrote:Prideful grin.

Heh.

I bristle for half a second at the 'not the best' line but keep my cool and take the complement of better than average.

I think for a moment then say, "Well normally I'd be selling this for 40 trade coins.  But since I'm staying here for several days and I'm gonna need to eat something other than than my merchandise....how's 30 sound to ya along with the room and board?"

"Lets make another deal. I'll take that thirty but assuming that this works in our recopies, I want a standing discount. Like I told our enterprising merchant there, I run a business where consistency is important. I don't want a wheel of cheese, I want a suppler who will keep me stocked with cheese and will be willing to buy in bulk... which among other things means that when it comes time for you to sell, you don't even have to look for a buyer. You just show up at your door with product in hand and we give you money."

Psyckosama
Admin

https://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:55 am

Psyckosama wrote:He nods. "Well, I might be able to help with that when the time comes."

You have a feeling he might just get a percentage if he sends you to the right people... that said, the fast way isn't always the most profitable.

I like having options.

One of the girls walks past and actually smacks you on the ass without even looking like she did it.

Sausy Minx.

I look forward to returning the favor.

"Bath or shower? Shower's cheaper. Most people don't have the option so I always suggest. Also, you having your stuff laundered?"

"You know what, let's make that a shower. Wasting a bath on knocking all this road dust off would be a shame. And thanks for the offer, yes, my clothes could use a wash."

"It depends but..." she looks over the vinegar then turns to her mother who shakes her head and cuts in.

"I get that you're trying to sell us some food stock, but the fact is that it could be the best in the world and I still wouldn't take it. At a place like this we need consistency more than we need fancy flavors of the world long past. You'd be better off hocking that to somebody's ditz wife."

I give her an amused look. "I did say it's an appetizer. Figured it would be good for the bath at least, and maybe the laundering and a meal before we got to the part where we talk about this."

And I pull out the toaster oven.

"Little dinged up, but in working condition. Plug this puppy in, set the temperature, and ... well, I don't think I need to explain further, do I?"
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:00 am

Rieverre wrote:I like having options.

Always good.

I look forward to returning the favor.

Heh.

"You know what, let's make that a shower. Wasting a bath on knocking all this road dust off would be a shame. And thanks for the offer, yes, my clothes could use a wash."

"Thought so," the girl smirks. "The shower is normally two but you get a discount if you get a room. Laundry costs extra. A meal comes with the room. The price of the room depends on the kind of room you want and any room service."

I give her an amused look. "I did say it's an appetizer. Figured it would be good for the bath at least, and maybe the laundering and a meal before we got to the part where we talk about this."

She shrugs.

And I pull out the toaster oven.

"Little dinged up, but in working condition. Plug this puppy in, set the temperature, and ... well, I don't think I need to explain further, do I?"

"I know what a toaster oven is. And while I expect to test if before I make any deals, how much."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:37 am

Psyckosama wrote:"Thought so," the girl smirks. "The shower is normally two but you get a discount if you get a room. Laundry costs extra. A meal comes with the room. The price of the room depends on the kind of room you want and any room service."

I ask for the price list.

"I know what a toaster oven is. And while I expect to test if before I make any deals, how much."

Yeah, that's actually a pretty good question. How much _do_ I estimate this would be worth, ICly. Bear in mind, my folks were junk/fixit shop owners so if trade coins are the common currency I ought to know what kind of prices are usual.

Bearing that in mind, I'm actually considering asking less than the going rate for it if she throws in room and board for the duration of my stay, or the week, whichever comes first.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by RTM Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:00 am

Psyckosama wrote:
RTM wrote:Nodding thankfully, Richard leans back and idly scratching the back of his head. Holding off on asking for possible jobs, the ex-Sentiel just relaxes for a moment and the enjoys the comparative silence while waiting for his beer and for the bartender to check back with her mother about his parents.

Well, her mother came out so she does ask her.

"Sorry kid, if they're been around I haven't see 'em or don't remember them."

"Thanks for trying at least." Richard gives a thankful nod and a smile. "Know any people in town who might have seen them?"
RTM
RTM

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:36 pm

Psyckosama wrote:Heh.

Hey I'm a farmboy if you can't take pride in your produce what's there to take pride in?

"Lets make another deal. I'll take that thirty but assuming that this works in our recopies, I want a standing discount. Like I told our enterprising merchant there, I run a business where consistency is important. I don't want a wheel of cheese, I want a suppler who will keep me stocked with cheese and will be willing to buy in bulk... which among other things means that when it comes time for you to sell, you don't even have to look for a buyer. You just show up at your door with product in hand and we give you money."

I hmmm about this... "Seems fair enough, we come in to sell pretty regularly and I'm our wagon man now after Cousin Joey got hitched, so yeah a wheel for 30 every time I come in sounds fair 'nough."

Unless she's got something else to add I offer hand, "We's got a deal?"

Once that's done then I might try small talk with little Shaundi NO FLIRTING...gotta practice talking to girls somehow....

"How come you AND your mama're both named Shaundi, though only knights and lords did that?"

If she ain't interested in talking or her mother's still present then I might try tracking down that pixie I saw earlier.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:50 pm

Rieverre wrote:I ask for the price list.

One for basically a closet with a bed. Locked door but not a lot or room. Two for a regular room with a real window. Three for one with its own toilet and everything.

Yeah, that's actually a pretty good question. How much _do_ I estimate this would be worth, ICly. Bear in mind, my folks were junk/fixit shop owners so if trade coins are the common currency I ought to know what kind of prices are usual.

Bearing that in mind, I'm actually considering asking less than the going rate for it if she throws in room and board for the duration of my stay, or the week, whichever comes first.

40-80 depending on condition and features. Considering you're selling it direct you're looking a more lowball figure. Junk shops recondition their crap normally. At least the good ones do.

RTM wrote:"Thanks for trying at least." Richard gives a thankful nod and a smile. "Know any people in town who might have seen them?"

"Try asking the guards or merchants."

Brian Boru wrote:
Hey I'm a farmboy if you can't take pride in your produce what's there to take pride in?

Aware.

I hmmm about this...  "Seems fair enough, we come in to sell pretty regularly and I'm our wagon man now after Cousin Joey got hitched, so yeah a wheel for 30 every time I come in sounds fair 'nough."

She nods. "Alright then. I'll take it."

Unless she's got something else to add I offer hand, "We's got a deal?"

She takes the hand. Strong grip for a not so large woman

Once that's done then I might try small talk with little Shaundi NO FLIRTING...gotta practice talking to girls somehow....

"How come you AND your mama're both named Shaundi, though only knights and lords did that?"

"Family tradition. Besides, place is going to be mind some day and saves us the trouble of repainting the sign..."

If she ain't interested in talking or her mother's still present then I might try tracking down that pixie I saw earlier.

She's talking. She's really friendly and good natured. Though she does take moments to prepare and serve drinks.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:15 am

Psyckosama wrote:One for basically a closet with a bed. Locked door but not a lot or room. Two for a regular room with a real window. Three for one with its own toilet and everything.

Is that per day or?

40-80 depending on condition and features. Considering you're selling it direct you're looking a more lowball figure. Junk shops recondition their crap normally. At least the good ones do.

"I'll make you a deal. Throw in a nice place to hang my nonexistent hat for a week and change, as well as meals, and I'll let it go for forty. I figure, I need time to ask around for a bit and maybe wait for this auction you've upcoming to get the best prices on some of this."
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:25 am

Psyckosama wrote:Aware.

Alright.

She nods. "Alright then. I'll take it."

"Excellent."

She takes the hand. Strong grip for a not so large woman

I smile, "Pleasure doing business with you ma'am."

"Family tradition. Besides, place is going to be mind some day and saves us the trouble of repainting the sign..."

I nod, "Makes sense...though what happens if there was only a boy available?" I don't say it as a serious question, just musing out loud.

She's talking. She's really friendly and good natured. Though she does take moments to prepare and serve drinks.

Introduce myself, ask her name, very minor small talk...honestly not sure how this works.... though I am smiling and friendly throughout, no need to be a jackass about this right?
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:30 am

Rieverre wrote:Is that per day or?

Per day.

"I'll make you a deal. Throw in a nice place to hang my nonexistent hat for a week and change, as well as meals, and I'll let it go for forty. I figure, I need time to ask around for a bit and maybe wait for this auction you've upcoming to get the best prices on some of this."

"I'll have to have one of my people look over it first. And probably cook something with it as a test.

Brian Boru wrote:I smile, "Pleasure doing business with you ma'am."

You get a nod while someone carries the cheese into the kitchens.

She then walks into the back and returns with a bag of coins which contains the agreed upon amount.

I nod, "Makes sense...though what happens if there was only a boy available?"  I don't say it as a serious question, just musing out loud.

"Hasn't come up."

Introduce myself, ask her name, very minor small talk...honestly not sure how this works....  though I am smiling and friendly throughout, no need to be a jackass about this right?

I was talking about Shaundi there.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:29 pm

Psyckosama wrote:"I'll have to have one of my people look over it first. And probably cook something with it as a test.

"And I'll want to be there when they do. Preferably showered."

It's not that I don't trust her, it's just that I don't really trust anyone ... and also there might be another free meal in it for me if I'm around when they're using it to cook. Win-win.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:34 pm

Psyckosama wrote:You get a nod while someone carries the cheese into the kitchens.

She then walks into the back and returns with a bag of coins which contains the agreed upon amount.

I make sure to count them, NOT RIGHT THERE, but when get a moment to myself then I'll make sure to do so.

"Hasn't come up."

"Huh..."

I was talking about Shaundi there.

Ah... in this case I continue to chat. I ask her what life in town is like as I've never left the farm before in my life and Joey'd only drop the cheese to a merchant and head back out the same day. I kinda want to look around and see the place.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:28 pm

Rieverre wrote:"And I'll want to be there when they do. Preferably showered."

"That's part of the payment. You can wait."

It's not that I don't trust her, it's just that I don't really trust anyone ... and also there might be another free meal in it for me if I'm around when they're using it to cook. Win-win.

Yeah, and she's not about to give you a freebie.

Brian Boru wrote:I make sure to count them, NOT RIGHT THERE, but when get a moment to myself then I'll make sure to do so.

Alright.

Ah... in this case I continue to chat.  I ask her what life in town is like as I've never left the farm before in my life and Joey'd only drop the cheese to a merchant and head back out the same day.  I kinda want to look around and see the place.

She seems to humor you well enough.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:43 pm

Psyckosama wrote:Alright.

That taken care of I'll ask where they're intending to keep me as part of this deal with the cheese. Might as well get my effects stowed away.

She seems to humor you well enough.

Well I keep up the conversation until I notice the Pixie again. I likely glance her way with a look of fascination on my face. Never seen something that pretty before.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:29 am

Psyckosama wrote:"That's part of the payment. You can wait."

"If you're playing on my irritation, it's working," I shoot back, then drop a pair of coins on the countertop. "Shower and making my clothes presentable again. And we can talk business when I feel closer to being a human being again."

Yeah, and she's not about to give you a freebie.

Understandable, but I'd have expected her to scent the bigger game by now.

Well, regardless, feeling clean again beckons!
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:27 am

Brian Boru wrote:That taken care of I'll ask where they're intending to keep me as part of this deal with the cheese.  Might as well get my effects stowed away.

You're shown to a very small room.

"So where are you keeping the rest of your stuff?"

Well I keep up the conversation until I notice the Pixie again.  I likely glance her way with a look of fascination on my face.  Never seen something that pretty before.

And then she bends over to pick up some drinks...

Rieverre wrote:"If you're playing on my irritation, it's working," I shoot back, then drop a pair of coins on the countertop. "Shower and making my clothes presentable again. And we can talk business when I feel closer to being a human being again."

"Deposit then. It'll be returned once this is shown to be the real thing."

Understandable, but I'd have expected her to scent the bigger game by now.

Well, regardless, feeling clean again beckons!

Understandable Paranoia. She seems to be a very hard woman.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:33 am

Psyckosama wrote:"Deposit then. It'll be returned once this is shown to be the real thing."

"Done. I also have other things I'll be looking into selling, but seeing as this is my first time in town," I shrug. "Well, we can talk about commissions for pointing out people whom I might want to approach and possibly acting the go-between after you've determined whether or not my wares are genuine?"

I take my bags of swag with me when I leave to get cleaned up.

Understandable Paranoia. She seems to be a very hard woman.

It's a hard business in a hard world. For all that, I kind of like how forthright she is. If everything goes well and she deals fairly, well, that's my return business likely going her way in the future.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:43 am

Rieverre wrote:"Done. I also have other things I'll be looking into selling, but seeing as this is my first time in town," I shrug. "Well, we can talk about commissions for pointing out people whom I might want to approach and possibly acting the go-between after you've determined whether or not my wares are genuine?"

I take my bags of swag with me when I leave to get cleaned up.

She takes the deposit money and then has one of the girls take you to the shower.

Its out back, basically its a small, elevated shed with an aluminium roof and a couple black 55 gallon drums on the roof.

You know from personal experience that the water in these solar showers can get pretty pleasantly hot on a sunny day, and the reflective roof probably both helps keep the inside livable and shines more light on the water tank.

Basically, your parents would have approved of this setup.

But really it comes down to this... HOT SHOWER!

It's a hard business in a hard world. For all that, I kind of like how forthright she is. If everything goes well and she deals fairly, well, that's my return business likely going her way in the future.

From the look of her, she'd appreciate it even though she probably wouldn't admit it in a hundred thousand years.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:51 am

Psyckosama wrote:She takes the deposit money and then has one of the girls take you to the shower.

Its out back, basically its a small, elevated shed with an aluminium roof and a couple black 55 gallon drums on the roof.

You know from personal experience that the water in these solar showers can get pretty pleasantly hot on a sunny day, and the reflective roof probably both helps keep the inside livable and shines more light on the water tank.

Basically, your parents would have approved of this setup.

But really it comes down to this... HOT SHOWER!

Ahhhhh. I might have actually groaned out-loud at the water hitting.

So, so good. Especially after all the dust.

I clean up and just enjoy the water for a minute or so before I start feeling guilty for wasting it.

... though I do regret no springing for a towel-girl when I get out. That would have been nice. Oh well. My clothes are probably still being cleaned so I grab either a robe or a towel to cover up with.

From the look of her, she'd appreciate it even though she probably wouldn't admit it in a hundred thousand years.

I don't need her to admit it if she acts like she does. Besides, I've got a skewed taste in women anyway.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:55 am

Rieverre wrote:Ahhhhh. I might have actually groaned out-loud at the water hitting.

So, so good. Especially after all the dust.

I clean up and just enjoy the water for a minute or so before I start feeling guilty for wasting it.

This area doesn't have any major water supply problems so it shouldn't be a worry.

... though I do regret no springing for a towel-girl when I get out. That would have been nice. Oh well. My clothes are probably still being cleaned so I grab either a robe or a towel to cover up with.

Still drying. Though you can assume you have something you can use to cover yourself properly.

I don't need her to admit it if she acts like she does. Besides, I've got a skewed taste in women anyway.

Heh.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:09 pm

Psyckosama wrote:This area doesn't have any major water supply problems so it shouldn't be a worry.

In that case I take a bit longer. It really has been a while of digging in the dirt. I get out at about the time I wish I'd gotten someone to wash my back.

Still drying. Though you can assume you have something you can use to cover yourself properly.

I look/ask around for that then, wearing a towel kilt in the interim.

... after making sure the contents of my bags is still all there.

Well, I head on down to do the toaster oven testing. And I make sure that, while Big Shaundi's 'expert' looks it over and plugs it in I'm very much paying attention.

Plus, hey, a guy just sold a lot of cheese. Chances are it'll get used in testing the oven. Mmmm. I could go for some toasted bread and cheese right now.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:23 pm

Rieverre wrote:
Psyckosama wrote:This area doesn't have any major water supply problems so it shouldn't be a worry.

In that case I take a bit longer. It really has been a while of digging in the dirt. I get out at about the time I wish I'd gotten someone to wash my back.

And your front. And everything inbetween.

Maybe after you've sold some stuff. The plow alone will net you a very pretty penny.

I look/ask around for that then, wearing a towel kilt in the interim.

No, I mean you can assume you have at least a spare set of small clothes

... after making sure the contents of my bags is still all there.

You're fine.

Well, I head on down to do the toaster oven testing. And I make sure that, while Big Shaundi's 'expert' looks it over and plugs it in I'm very much paying attention.

Plus, hey, a guy just sold a lot of cheese. Chances are it'll get used in testing the oven. Mmmm. I could go for some toasted bread and cheese right now.

They're hooking it upright now.

And yes, you see them butter two pieces of bread with a slice of cheese between it...

And once you're here... in it goes.

And 5 minutes later a sandwich is born.

Shaundi takes it. She tastes it, she looks at the chef who nods, and hands you a bag of coins.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:48 pm

Psyckosama wrote:And your front. And everything inbetween.

Maybe after you've sold some stuff. The plow alone will net you a very pretty penny.

Quite. I'll probably save screwing around until after I've sold stuff off.

No, I mean you can assume you have at least a spare set of small clothes

Oh. Well, that's fine too.

They're hooking it upright now.

And yes, you see them butter two pieces of bread with a slice of cheese between it...

And once you're here... in it goes.

And 5 minutes later a sandwich is born.

Shaundi takes it. She tastes it, she looks at the chef who nods, and hands you a bag of coins.

I resist the urge to count the money immediately ... for all of five seconds, after which I count the money. It might be rude, it might be crass, but you -always- count the money.

"If I'm free to assume this means we're good?" I ask, having done that. "Might I get directions to my room and a bit of your time when I'm more ... attired?"
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:39 pm

Rieverre wrote:Quite. I'll probably save screwing around until after I've sold stuff off.

Probably for the best.

Oh. Well, that's fine too.

Right.

I resist the urge to count the money immediately ... for all of five seconds, after which I count the money. It might be rude, it might be crass, but you -always- count the money.

It's all there plus your deposit. And no, counting the money is not rude. Hell. Pulling out a set of SCALES wouldn't even be rude.

"If I'm free to assume this means we're good?"

She looks back over. She seems to be enjoying the sandwich. "We're good."

I ask, having done that. "Might I get directions to my room and a bit of your time when I'm more ... attired?"

"You mentioned something about commissions." she nods. "Ask up front when you want to talk."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:38 pm

Psyckosama wrote:You're shown to a very small room.

"So where are you keeping the rest of your stuff?"

....can we say that we've got the thing secured with a merchant we trust?

And then she bends over to pick up some drinks...

Wait who does Pixie or Shaundi?

...and what do I see?
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:53 pm

Psyckosama wrote:It's all there plus your deposit. And no, counting the money is not rude. Hell. Pulling out a set of SCALES wouldn't even be rude.

Shiny. Literally and figuratively. ^^

"You mentioned something about commissions." she nods. "Ask up front when you want to talk."

I wait for my clothes to be done and probably to eat something before I look her up. I bring a sample of my wares when I do.

"I did mention commissions," I say, laying out an air filter, a packet of cold medicine, and unwrapping the frickin' _pristine_ pre-war submachinegun I dug out of an otherwise destroyed weapons cache. "I've a set of the first two, and another item stored with my mule that's likely to bring its fair share of coin if sold to the right person. You and yours have a better idea than I could likely get in a month and more as to who'd likely be the people most inclined to shell out the coin for them. You help me move these, either before or during the auction - whichever would bring in more - for a percentage cut of the proceeds."

And if all goes well, I'll likely make the offer of a standing arrangement, but I want to test the waters first.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:03 am

Brian Boru wrote:....can we say that we've got the thing secured with a merchant we trust?

Chapter 1: The Beginning - Page 5 Implied-Facepalm

Wait who does Pixie or Shaundi?

...and what do I see?

Pixie...

And this...

Chapter 1: The Beginning - Page 5 Misc-beer_on_bottom_shelf

Rieverre wrote:Shiny. Literally and figuratively. ^^

Business is business.

Might want to tell the stupid lug you now see drooling over a waitress. It's a public service.

I wait for my clothes to be done and probably to eat something before I look her up. I bring a sample of my wares when I do.

You're given a bowl of chili. It's pretty good... has cheese on top.

After you're lead to her room/office. It's tastefully done with a large bed. Considering what this place is you can only imagine what's happened on that thing.

"I did mention commissions," I say, laying out an air filter, a packet of cold medicine, and unwrapping the frickin' _pristine_ pre-war submachinegun I dug out of an otherwise destroyed weapons cache. "I've a set of the first two, and another item stored with my mule that's likely to bring its fair share of coin if sold to the right person. You and yours have a better idea than I could likely get in a month and more as to who'd likely be the people most inclined to shell out the coin for them. You help me move these, either before or during the auction - whichever would bring in more - for a percentage cut of the proceeds."

She looks over the SMG with brightly lit eyes. "I have a number of regulars who would be interested in that. How much are you asking?"

And if all goes well, I'll likely make the offer of a standing arrangement, but I want to test the waters first.

Well, you caught her total attention with the SMG.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:31 am

Psyckosama wrote:Business is business.

Might want to tell the stupid lug you now see drooling over a waitress. It's a public service.

Nah. He's enjoying himself. Who am I to rob a man of life's simple pleasures.

You're given a bowl of chili. It's pretty good... has cheese on top.

If it comes with fresh bread I'm in heaven.

After you're lead to her room/office. It's tastefully done with a large bed. Considering what this place is you can only imagine what's happened on that thing.

Meh. Business is business. My choice of venue aside, I don't often negotiate affection, for a number of reasons, but I'm not going to condemn someone just because of the way they make their money. Well, not if they're not trying to hurt and/or kill me as part of it.

She looks over the SMG with brightly lit eyes. "I have a number of regulars who would be interested in that. How much are you asking?"

"How much do you think you could get at twenty percent commission? Or is it thirty? Supply and demand tends to differ across the wastes and you certainly know the latter here better than I could. Probably better at haggling out a good price as well."

Well, you caught her total attention with the SMG.

"I also have a plow attachment for a tractor, but it's bulky enough that I've stored it with my mule," I offer, then proceed to describe my wares in detail. I imagine the medicine will be just as eye-catching, despite being a consumable.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:36 am

Rieverre wrote:Nah. He's enjoying himself. Who am I to rob a man of life's simple pleasures.

It's more he doesn't know how to handle money. He took payment without even counting it!

If it comes with fresh bread I'm in heaven.

Closer to Naan than loaf bread, but yes.

Meh. Business is business. My choice of venue aside, I don't often negotiate affection, for a number of reasons, but I'm not going to condemn someone just because of the way they make their money. Well, not if they're not trying to hurt and/or kill me as part of it.

That was more "Dirty thoughts provoking" considering how attractive the woman in question is.

"How much do you think you could get at twenty percent commission? Or is it thirty? Supply and demand tends to differ across the wastes and you certainly know the latter here better than I could. Probably better at haggling out a good price as well."

"Actually, I was thinking of buying it and then reselling it when they come in. You never know with these guys."

"I also have a plow attachment for a tractor, but it's bulky enough that I've stored it with my mule," I offer, then proceed to describe my wares in detail. I imagine the medicine will be just as eye-catching, despite being a consumable.

"Hmmm... the medicine might be best sold to the local apothecary but I'll have a couple of my girls poke around to see if they could find someone to give you a better rate. As for the plow, that's best done during the auction. You'd probably be able to take bids for the damned thing."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:49 am

Psyckosama wrote:It's more he doesn't know how to handle money. He took payment without even counting it!

What'm I, a charity? I'm actually wondering if Little Shaundi or any of the others are going to point this out.

Closer to Naan than loaf bread, but yes.

Oh god yes. Savor every bite!

That was more "Dirty thoughts provoking" considering how attractive the woman in question is.

There's money on the line. I can have dirty thoughts later. Right now I'm looking at her as a potential customer/business partner.

"Actually, I was thinking of buying it and then reselling it when they come in. You never know with these guys."

"That alone tells me you've got someone in line who'll probably come in after the auction's done and I'm not here, and who might beat the other prices silly. Or someone who's still going to be here after who'll do the same," I say with a smile. "It's a shame it's probably not enough for you to let me buy into this place. It's rather enticing, but a stake's likely worth more than any one weapon."

"Hmmm... the medicine might be best sold to the local apothecary but I'll have a couple of my girls poke around to see if they could find someone to give you a better rate. As for the plow, that's best done during the auction. You'd probably be able to take bids for the damned thing."

"That may well be worth looking into," I nod, and narrow my eyes. She's just effectively cut herself out as the middle-man (or woman) for the plow deal. Arguably the bit of kit that would bring in the most money. Might be because it'd be a bit of trouble, but also that she's actually dealing honestly. Getting in good with someone like that would be worth their weight in gold. "You sure you don't want in on organizing the sale for a cut of the take?"
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum