Giant Stompy Robots
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter 1: The Beginning

+2
Rieverre
Psyckosama
6 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Chapter 1: The Beginning - Page 4 Empty Re: Chapter 1: The Beginning

Post by Rieverre Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:25 pm

Psyckosama wrote:This place is built around a suburban small gated community type housing estate. One entrance/exit and lots of fencing with many a cul-de-sac. Most of the buildings are prewar and even the areas you're in now seems like it was once upon a time a public park area.

Infact, It's where they got the name... the town is... Scotchbrook.

So, is there any inn here that has a stable right on it, or not?
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by RTM Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:40 pm

Psyckosama wrote:
RTM wrote:"If that's what I'm looking for, sure. How much do I pay?" Richard asked with a shrug.

"Do you care about privacy? If not, it's probably the best option."

"Wait, there's a private option? For comparison, how much does that or the flop cost? In trade coins, I mean."
RTM
RTM

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:48 pm

Rieverre wrote:So, is there any inn here that has a stable right on it, or not?

*facepalm*

I was telling you since the place is converted prewar. Thus, there are no native stables in any of the buildings and thus they have separate stables.

RTM wrote:"Wait, there's a private option? For comparison, how much does that or the flop cost? In trade coins, I mean."

"Private rooms, depends on the room... cheapest is a coin a night. The flop, well, as long as you're a patron if you need to well... you can find a place to flop down in the back room. Just keep a grip on your stuff. Sometimes some assholes get a bit grabby. That said, doesn't happen too often and while we don't take responsibility for your stuff, you find somebody doing it and we got some guys who'll put the boots to 'em for ya. Just no shootings. The guards hate that"

Psyckosama
Admin

https://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:54 am

Psyckosama wrote:"Yeah man, ain't it?"

"Heh...so watch ya's got's t' eat here? I could eat a horse I's so hungry right now."

"Wow. Deep."

"Heh...thanks...no ones called me that b'fore."

I look around the rest of the bar, just because I ain't buying doesn't mean I can't look. Do any in particular catch my eye?

OOC: I have a 'slight' thing for black hair....and frank frazetta figures......
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:57 am

Brian Boru wrote:"Heh...so watch ya's got's t' eat here?  I could eat a horse I's so hungry right now."

"We got some chili on... or some baked potatos. Bread and cheese... you know..."

"Heh...thanks...no ones called me that b'fore."

I look around the rest of the bar, just because I ain't buying doesn't mean I can't look.  Do any in particular catch my eye?

OOC:  I have a 'slight' thing for black hair....and frank frazetta figures......

D20.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:30 am

Psyckosama wrote:"We got some chili on... or some baked potatos. Bread and cheese... you know..."

"Reckon I try some of tha' chili then. And a beer to wash it down."

D20.

Brian Boru carried out 1 launched of one d20 :
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:10 am

Brian Boru wrote:
Psyckosama wrote:"We got some chili on... or some baked potatos. Bread and cheese... you know..."

"Reckon I try some of tha' chili then.  And a beer to wash it down."

"Alright. You looking to trade or pay coin?"

Nope. Sorry. There's one really curvy (bordering on thick) blonde, but the only black haired girl is a pixie with a killer ass.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:25 am

Psyckosama wrote:"Alright. You looking to trade or pay coin?"

"I got a little coin...how much y'askin?" If it's more than I want to spend and I still have any of that cheese I brought with me then I try bartering that.

Nope. Sorry. There's one really curvy (bordering on thick) blonde, but the only black haired girl is a pixie with a killer ass.

Either of them with someone already? If not then I might try my luck with the blonde. Though I keep glancing at the pixie.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:01 am

Psyckosama wrote:*facepalm*

I was telling you since the place is converted prewar. Thus, there are no native stables in any of the buildings and thus they have separate stables.

Alrighty, in that case I'll ask the doorman at Shaundi's if they've an arrangement with any of the stables first, before trying to just find one at random.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by RTM Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:44 pm

Psyckosama wrote:
RTM wrote:"Wait, there's a private option? For comparison, how much does that or the flop cost? In trade coins, I mean."

"Private rooms, depends on the room... cheapest is a coin a night. The flop, well, as long as you're a patron if you need to well... you can find a place to flop down in the back room. Just keep a grip on your stuff. Sometimes some assholes get a bit grabby. That said, doesn't happen too often and while we don't take responsibility for your stuff, you find somebody doing it and we got some guys who'll put the boots to 'em for ya. Just no shootings. The guards hate that"

"A cheap private room for one night sounds good." Richard shrugged and produced a trade coin to pay for the room, though inwardly he was grimacing, after this he would have only four trade coins left, apparently he was blowing through his money supply pretty fast. He'd have to find an another job fast, because in a couple of days he'd probably be out of coins, especially if any people he asked about his parents thought of asking cash for the information.
RTM
RTM

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:33 am

Brian Boru wrote:"I got a little coin...how much y'askin?" If it's more than I want to spend and I still have any of that cheese I brought with me then I try bartering that.

"Depends. What else do you want?"

And roll for persuasion.

Either of them with someone already?  If not then I might try my luck with the blonde.  Though I keep glancing at the pixie.

Blondy seems to be flirting a guy. The Pixie on the other hand is carrying a hamburger out.

Rieverre wrote:Alrighty, in that case I'll ask the doorman at Shaundi's if they've an arrangement with any of the stables first, before trying to just find one at random.

Alright. "You need something, man?"

RTM wrote:"A cheap private room for one night sounds good." Richard shrugged and produced a trade coin to pay for the room, though inwardly he was grimacing, after this he would have only four trade coins left, apparently he was blowing through his money supply pretty fast. He'd have to find an another job fast, because in a couple of days he'd probably be out of coins, especially if any people he asked about his parents thought of asking cash for the information.

She takes the coin. "Thanks dude, I'll let them know you've got a room for the night..."

Last edited by Psyckosama on Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:03 am; edited 1 time in total

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:23 am

Psyckosama wrote:"Depends. What else do you want?"

And roll for persuasion.

"Well I might be here for a few days selling my stuff...so... I got six wheels of good cheese in my wagon, I'll offer to sell ya one of them directly if I get to stay here on the house. Sound good? I can show them iffen you want to see the goods before ya'll purchase."

I also happen to glance over at the two girls mentioned. Mild blush on my face as competent cheese man is replaced by bashful virgin.

Brian Boru carried out 2 launched of one d6 :
4 , 4

Blondy seems to be flirting a guy. The Pixie on the other hand is carrying a hamburger out.

Not wanting to cause a fight I flatten my hair, make sure there isn't anything in my beard, look at my teeth through a spoon to watch out for any...guests and wait for the pixie before I try literally the only trick the Svenssons know, look big and strong. All while thinking please don't let me fuck this up.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:22 am

Psyckosama wrote:Alright. "You need something, man?"

"Yeah, I need to put this ass," I snark, thumbing over my shoulder at Eyesore, "somewhere where I'll be sure he's still going to be around the next morning, stuff I have him carrying and all. Got any recommendations?"
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:36 am

Brian Boru wrote:"Well I might be here for a few days selling my stuff...so...  I got six wheels of good cheese in my wagon, I'll offer to sell ya one of them directly if I get to stay here on the house.  Sound good?  I can show them iffen you want to see the goods before ya'll purchase."

"I'll have to talk to ma, and I'll need a sample if you got one..."

I also happen to glance over at the two girls mentioned.   Mild blush on my face as competent cheese man is replaced by bashful virgin.

"Now that you're going to have to pay for, honey..."

Not wanting to cause a fight I flatten my hair, make sure there isn't anything in my beard, look at my teeth through a spoon to watch out for any...guests and wait for the pixie before I try literally the only trick the Svenssons know, look big and strong.  All while thinking please don't let me fuck this up.

Lets finish one leg of the conversation before we finish another.

Rieverre wrote:"Yeah, I need to put this ass," I snark, thumbing over my shoulder at Eyesore, "somewhere where I'll be sure he's still going to be around the next morning, stuff I have him carrying and all. Got any recommendations?"

"I'd suggest Big Mike's. Reasonable rates and a couple of his sons are in the guards. Last time someone got caught, they were puttin' the boots to him in moments."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:03 am

Psyckosama wrote:"I'd suggest Big Mike's. Reasonable rates and a couple of his sons are in the guards. Last time someone got caught, they were puttin' the boots to him in moments."

I ask him for directions, then amble over there to get Eyesore and the stuff I can't square away in packs I can carry (like the plow attachment) settled.

Then I head back to Shaundi's.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:31 am

Rieverre wrote:I ask him for directions, then amble over there to get Eyesore and the stuff I can't square away in packs I can carry (like the plow attachment) settled.

Then I head back to Shaundi's.

It's a coin for the night unless you want to bargain.

Gouging a little but lets be honest, you're so loaded down with loot that you'd probably gouge you.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:50 am

Psyckosama wrote:It's a coin for the night unless you want to bargain.

Gouging a little but lets be honest, you're so loaded down with loot that you'd probably gouge you.

I'll do some pro-forma bartering. In most of these communities people don't really take you seriously if you don't haggle, or they take you for an easy mark. Neither is something I want.

Rolling. (2d6 Appeal + 3 Persuade)
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Dice Bot Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:50 am

The member 'Rieverre' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd6' : 1, 3

Dice Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by RTM Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:16 am

Psyckosama wrote:
RTM wrote:"A cheap private room for one night sounds good." Richard shrugged and produced a trade coin to pay for the room, though inwardly he was grimacing, after this he would have only four trade coins left, apparently he was blowing through his money supply pretty fast. He'd have to find an another job fast, because in a couple of days he'd probably be out of coins, especially if any people he asked about his parents thought of asking cash for the information.

She takes the coin. "Thanks dude, I'll let them know you've got a room for the night..."

"Right." Richard nodded thankfully, before leaning forward and continuing. "This is probably the wrong place to ask, but I'm looking for two people." Richard reluctantly rattles off what he knows of his parents, that is what Dwight had managed to gather, though he kept the fact that the two were his parents, or why he was looking for them, to himself. He'd rather not speak of it and leave it in the dark. "Know anything about them?"
RTM
RTM

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:41 am

Psyckosama wrote:"I'll have to talk to ma, and I'll need a sample if you got one..."

"Fair enough."

I'll get up and head back to the wagon to get me a taste of the cheese I'm providing.

"Now that you're going to have to pay for, honey..."

Embarrased coughing and nod, "Right...sorry bout that."

Lets finish one leg of the conversation before we finish another.

Alright.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:58 am

Rieverre wrote:I'll do some pro-forma bartering. In most of these communities people don't really take you seriously if you don't haggle, or they take you for an easy mark. Neither is something I want.

"I'm stickin' with my guns here, buddy. Stay longer than a couple days and we might look into renegotiating. Until then, you know the price."

RTM wrote:"Right." Richard nodded thankfully, before leaning forward and continuing. "This is probably the wrong place to ask, but I'm looking for two people." Richard reluctantly rattles off what he knows of his parents, that is what Dwight had managed to gather, though he kept the fact that the two were his parents, or why he was looking for them, to himself. He'd rather not speak of it and leave it in the dark. "Know anything about them?"

"Sorry honey, a lot of faces come and go... and from the sound of it they're from before my time. I'll ask Ma if she knows anyone though."

Brian Boru wrote:"Fair enough."

I'll get up and head back to the wagon to get me a taste of the cheese I'm providing.

Ma made sure to send you with a bundle of slices wrapped in paper for just this.

Embarrased coughing and nod, "Right...sorry bout that."

"No probs."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:58 am

Psyckosama wrote:Ma made sure to send you with a bundle of slices wrapped in paper for just this.

Once I get those I come back and offer the young lady a slice. "Well here's a sample of what I've got to sell. Finest batch we've made in a long while if I do say so myself."

I'll wait for her mother to show up before continuing negotiations.

"No probs."

"Erm...there ain't any issue with me watching right?....I mean watching them from here while they're serving chow right?"
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:21 pm

Psyckosama wrote:"I'm stickin' with my guns here, buddy. Stay longer than a couple days and we might look into renegotiating. Until then, you know the price."

"I swear, this town's lot's hard nosed," I mutter. "Or maybe I just need a bath. One of the two."

I pay the man to stable Eyesore and take the stuff I can actually carry along as I make my way back to Shaundi's.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:11 pm

Brian Boru wrote:Once I get those I come back and offer the young lady a slice.  "Well here's a sample of what I've got to sell.  Finest batch we've made in a long while if I do say so myself."

She tastes it. "Okay, this is pretty good..."

I'll wait for her mother to show up before continuing negotiations.

A couple minutes later a woman who frankly looks to be more her sister than her mother walks out. She has a severely displeased look on her face, but you get the feeling its just her and not you.

She looks almost exactly like an older version of her daughter, well... expect for the fact she's a bit taller, has darker hair, and doesn't have dreads. She's in a purple belly shirt worn under a short wasted black leather jacket and a pair of leather pants so tight they might as well be a second skin.

"Alright, so what the fuck do you want"

"Mom, chill... this guy is cool, ya know?"

"He's not 'cool' until I say so. Now. What. Do. You. Want."

"Erm...there ain't any issue with me watching right?....I mean watching them from here while they're serving chow right?"

"As long as you do go in back and watch. That costs extra."

She winks.

Rieverre wrote:"I swear, this town's lot's hard nosed," I mutter. "Or maybe I just need a bath. One of the two."

"Don't bitch, you can afford it."

I pay the man to stable Eyesore and take the stuff I can actually carry along as I make my way back to Shaundi's.

Done. You walk in to find a bald man at the bar while a big lug is being badgered by a fantastically hot woman who looks like the older sister of the girl behind the bar.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:26 pm

Psyckosama wrote:"Don't bitch, you can afford it."

"For a while anyway. I'd rather it be a long while than a short while."

Done. You walk in to find a bald man at the bar while a big lug is being badgered by a fantastically hot woman who looks like the older sister of the girl behind the bar.

Probably not my problem. I hope.

I amble over to the bar, trying my best to ignore the live entertainment.

"Hey. Who do I have to talk to about getting a bath, a meal and a bed?"
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:08 am

Psyckosama wrote:She tastes it. "Okay, this is pretty good..."

I preen a little..."A'course Miss, Svenssons are the best cheesemakers around."

A couple minutes later a woman who frankly looks to be more her sister than her mother walks out. She has a severely displeased look on her face, but you get the feeling its just her and not you.

She looks almost exactly like an older version of her daughter, well... expect for the fact she's a bit taller, has darker hair, and doesn't have dreads. She's in a purple belly shirt worn under a short wasted black leather jacket and a pair of leather pants so tight they might as well be a second skin.

"Alright, so what the fuck do you want"

"Mom, chill... this guy is cool, ya know?"

"He's not 'cool' until I say so. Now. What. Do. You. Want."

I repeat the offer I made with her daughter, as well as offering her a sample of the cheese wheel to see what she thinks. I keep polite during this entire exchange. I know angry mothers, personal experience, and the best strategy is to keep your mouth shut and be polite.

"As long as you do go in back and watch. That costs extra."

She winks.

More coughing and blushing at that.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:56 am

Rieverre wrote:"For a while anyway. I'd rather it be a long while than a short while."

"Which is why I'll be open to negotiation later on..."

Probably not my problem. I hope.

It's not. Though from the sound of it Big Boy is trying to sell cheese and has samples...

I amble over to the bar, trying my best to ignore the live entertainment.

Actually for a place that is most likely a brothel, its rather low key. At least out front. The girls actually have clothes on... well... kinda. there's not a whole lot of cloth and its tight, but none of the goods are on display.

"Hey. Who do I have to talk to about getting a bath, a meal and a bed?"

The more mature of the two women looks over to the younger. "You handle this."

"Come on..."

The younger of the two... sisters(?) gets a glare then sighs. "Damn it, ma..."

Ma!? Must be BLACK MAGIC!

She sighs. "Welcome to Shaundi. I'm Shaundi..."

"Little Shaundi..." the mother murmurs, "It's not your name on the front."

The daughter bristles but continues, "Price depends on what you're looking for. You want someone to help you with that bath? Costs extra."

Brian Boru wrote:I preen a little..."A'course Miss, Svenssons are the best cheesemakers around."

"I can believe it."

I repeat the offer I made with her daughter, as well as offering her a sample of the cheese wheel to see what she thinks.  I keep polite during this entire exchange.  I know angry mothers, personal experience, and the best strategy is to keep your mouth shut and be polite.

She takes it and after giving it a sniff samples it. "Not bad. Not the best I've had but better than average. If I was interested, what would you be asking?"

More coughing and blushing at that.

If she noticed she politely ignores it.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:05 am

Psyckosama wrote:"Which is why I'll be open to negotiation later on..."

I grin. "We'll work something out once I've figured who I'm best served hocking all my take to."

It's not. Though from the sound of it Big Boy is trying to sell cheese and has samples...

... right. I do remember reading something about toasted cheese on bread, but I'm not butting into someone else's negotiations.

Actually for a place that is most likely a brothel, its rather low key. At least out front. The girls actually have clothes on... well... kinda. there's not a whole lot of cloth and its tight, but none of the goods are on display.

Huh. I like it and make no pretense about my appreciation of the scenery. Plus, it's nice that it isn't loud.

The more mature of the two women looks over to the younger. "You handle this."

"Come on..."

The younger of the two... sisters(?) gets a glare then sighs. "Damn it, ma..."

Ma!? Must be BLACK MAGIC!

Daaamn.

She sighs. "Welcome to Shaundi. I'm Shaundi..."

"Little Shaundi..." the mother murmurs, "It's not your name on the front."

The daughter bristles but continues, "Price depends on what you're looking for. You want someone to help you with that bath? Costs extra."

"Bath first, I think. No, definitely bath first. As for help, I've just got a month or so of digging through a boneyard and picking up dust on the road. While I'd certainly like some ... help ..." I turn my head a bit and make a show of sniffing, "I'm not going to inflict this ruddy carcass on anyone until it's had a scrubbing."

Yeah, I chose the wrong line of work for staying all neat and tidy in.

"Well, as for price? You've got a kitchen in there, don't you?" I have to grin, unlimbering my saddlebags and loot bag (which is really more of a really sturdy, if patched, sack) and removing, then unwrapping a bottle of perfectly preserved Before The End vinegar. "Appetizer. Got something a lot better in here if you're interested, but frankly, if we're going to be talking about this, I'd just as soon do it when I'm cleaned up."
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by RTM Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:46 am

Psyckosama wrote:
RTM wrote:"Right." Richard nodded thankfully, before leaning forward and continuing. "This is probably the wrong place to ask, but I'm looking for two people." Richard reluctantly rattles off what he knows of his parents, that is what Dwight had managed to gather, though he kept the fact that the two were his parents, or why he was looking for them, to himself. He'd rather not speak of it and leave it in the dark. "Know anything about them?"

"Sorry honey, a lot of faces come and go... and from the sound of it they're from before my time. I'll ask Ma if she knows anyone though."

Nodding thankfully, Richard leans back and idly scratching the back of his head. Holding off on asking for possible jobs, the ex-Sentiel just relaxes for a moment and the enjoys the comparative silence while waiting for his beer and for the bartender to check back with her mother about his parents.
RTM
RTM

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:08 pm

Psyckosama wrote:"I can believe it."

Prideful grin.

She takes it and after giving it a sniff samples it. "Not bad. Not the best I've had but better than average. If I was interested, what would you be asking?"

I bristle for half a second at the 'not the best' line but keep my cool and take the complement of better than average.

I think for a moment then say, "Well normally I'd be selling this for 40 trade coins. But since I'm staying here for several days and I'm gonna need to eat something other than than my merchandise....how's 30 sound to ya along with the room and board?"

If she noticed she politely ignores it.

Heh heh....
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum