Giant Stompy Robots
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are the Disciple of History's Strongest

5 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

You are the Disciple of History's Strongest - Page 2 Empty Re: You are the Disciple of History's Strongest

Post by Rieverre Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:11 pm

Brian Boru wrote:The other male members of the class glare death at you.

... this is somehow news? Also, let's face it, at this point and with my luck I'd been beaten up by professionals ... or at least wannabe professional thugs.

Well you're used as a punching bag and moping boy for about an hour and a half.  While you're cleaning up after the club is done, you notice that the kicking bag is just sitting there....beckoning to you....

And if I wanted to punch or kick things I'd go wrap a tree in rope and do that. I'll clean it up, get changed and head back home. I'm mostly there for the conditioning and to satisfy the idiotic requirement of being in a club rather than being a total pariah. Because the manga club is a sadder lot than I am.

If I'm lucky whatever club Miu joined let out at this point too and we can head out together. If not, no big.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

You are the Disciple of History's Strongest - Page 2 Empty Re: You are the Disciple of History's Strongest

Post by Brian Boru Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:31 pm

Kelenas wrote:"I'd guess more than just a little," I reply, rubbing one of the spots that were still sore from the impact. "Well, either that, or you're *insanely* talented. Though you, er... might wanna talk to your teacher about this. I can see a reflex like that being useful in a fight, but it could end up getting you in trouble at school if you'd end up using it on other students. You seem like a nice girl, so I doubt you'd want that."

She flushes but she does seem surprised that it might become a problem because isn't it the proper response if someone is coming up behind you like that?

[pause]"Still, gotta admit that I'm a little jealous that you can do something like that so easily. I joined the Karate club not too long ago because I was interested in learning how to better defend myself - particularly since the teachers never seem to believe that the guy throwing stones might just really *not* be the attacker or instigator - but they don't really seem to be teaching anything there, so I'll probably just quit. Maybe I could join the school you're going to, though, if it's a good one?"[/quote]

She seems excited that you're a member of the Karate club but she seems sad that you're thinking of quitting why is that?

When you ask about her school, she hims and haws a bit before admitting it's less of a school and more of a few experts she knows though she does admit that they could really help if you were interested. Though there might be a chance it'd kill you.

The look on her face though at your interest is kinda like this.

You are the Disciple of History's Strongest - Page 2 028

Ugh. Yeah, that'd be a tad annoying. Dad was easily distracted for the most part, but Mom certainly wouldn't just let that go. Though, considering that she seemed to be new (huh; totally forgot to ask about that), it seems kinda weird that she already knows a shortcut. Still, nothing to lose here, so I might just as well risk it.

"Alright, lead the way, please!"

She takes you through a few back allies until you reach the river that divides the town. You're about to ask how you're planning to cross this, maybe the stepping stones down at the bottom. But instead she leaps from the guard rail, over the river, and lands on the guard rail on the other side like a cat. That was a 20 foot jump at least!
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelenas Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:05 pm

Brian Boru wrote:She flushes but she does seem surprised that it might become a problem because isn't it the proper response if someone is coming up behind you like that?
"If they're a bad guy, sure, but I don't think you can always tell that so easily. And in school you'll have people coming up from behind you quite often, especially when the hallways get crowded during breaks. A guy might come running behind you because he's almost late for a class, or a girl might be rushing to the cafeteria so she can get a specific type of food before it's sold out. Or maybe a teacher comes up to you specifically to talk with you about schoolwork, or club stuff.

Ah, sorry. Guess I'm being a bit of an ass; throwing criticism and the like around without even knowing your name. I'm Shirahama Kenichi. Sorry if I offended you with my tirade."

Though now I'm curious who the hell taught her like that. Seems kinda irresponsible.
She seems excited that you're a member of the Karate club but she seems sad that you're thinking of quitting why is that?
"The other members are pretty much jerks. They seem more interested in punching me, or each other, rather than actually learning or teaching anything. I probably would have started looking for some other places to learn at soon anyway, and if she knows a good one it might save me some time, or at least give me something to start with.
When you ask about her school, she hums and haws a bit before admitting it's less of a school and more of a few experts she knows though she does admit that they could really help if you were interested.  Though there might be a chance it'd kill you.
I can't help but slump a little. "Oh, come on! I don't look *that* much like a wimp, do I? I *do* go running regularly, y'know..."
The look on her face though at your interest is kinda like this.
Obviously she's really into Martial Arts. Kinda cute, though also a bit weird. But not in a bad way.

She takes you through a few back allies until you reach the river that divides the town.  You're about to ask how you're planning to cross this, maybe the stepping stones down at the bottom.  But instead she leaps from the guard rail, over the river, and lands on the guard rail on the other side like a cat.  That was a 20 foot jump at least!
Okay, that sight leaves me gaping for a bit... right until I remember what I was doing here in the first place. Then I duck under the guard rail, making my way down to the river and over the stepping stones in a weird mix between haste and caution, trying to cross quickly without falling in, before making my way up again on the other side."

"How.... *huff* how did you manage to pull that off!?"
Kelenas
Kelenas

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:42 pm

Brian Boru wrote:The puppy eyes are heart-attack inducing...

"I'll do what is reasonably possible. I can't predict the future."

I pause. "Though honestly you could consider starting a ladies self defense club. There are lots of pretty girls out there who don't know how to defend themselves from creeps."

You could say that.

"I speak english fluently."

Well you DID learn that a kick to the gut hurts more than a punch to the chest....about it really.

And how to mop.

Luckily he's laughing at his own joke to hard to notice you giving him the cold shoulder so you manage to get out of there in one piece.

Good. I'm going to remember to dojo bust in a couple weeks.

Gorgeous blonde in a leotard flipping and bending in amazing positions...what do you think. She does AMAZINGLY well though you notice that the captain, the local heartthrob, seems more than a little angry about being shown up so badly, the other girls are going gaga.

I look perfectly innocent...

This on the otherhand is my inner monologue...

this too...

When she sees you afterwards she seems happy to see you, much to the surprise of all of the other girls present. Why cranky weak-knees of all people?

I ignore them...

She does seems tempted by ice cream and if you remind her that she sent you flying head over heels for accidentally brushing past her she's guilted into going along with it. She's also quite horrified at the 'stuff' you try to tell her is hotsauce.

"It's an acquired taste."

It takes a few hours but you think you gotten her to the "not-attack-first-always" mentality you were aiming for. She working on her third icecream cone as you walk along the street when you accidentally bump into, to your dismay, a trio of streets toughs.

Oh wonderful...

The one you bumped into seems to take offense at your social faux pax and wants you to compensate him.

I give a bow and apologize.

If that is not enough then I ask him if this is poorly planned cover for a shakedown then because this is quite a large road and it would be hard to run into another person so easily without intent...

Meanwhile I'm stepping back and slipping out my bottle of hot sauce like its a water bottle and when he makes a violent move I take a little bit into the mouth, and spit it in his eyes.

I grin as he goes down screaming and look at the others before loading another shot with a mad smile on my face.

Psyckosama
Admin

https://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:06 am

Rieverre wrote:... this is somehow news? Also, let's face it, at this point and with my luck I'd been beaten up by professionals ... or at least wannabe professional thugs.

Point but it’s still a bit unnerving how even the nicer guys are giving you the stink eye.

And if I wanted to punch or kick things I'd go wrap a tree in rope and do that. I'll clean it up, get changed and head back home. I'm mostly there for the conditioning and to satisfy the idiotic requirement of being in a club rather than being a total pariah. Because the manga club is a sadder lot than I am.

If I'm lucky whatever club Miu joined let out at this point too and we can head out together. If not, no big.

As a matter of fact she’s waiting for you though she wonders why you look so depressed?

Kelenas wrote:"If they're a bad guy, sure, but I don't think you can always tell that so easily. And in school you'll have people coming up from behind you quite often, especially when the hallways get crowded during breaks. A guy might come running behind you because he's almost late for a class, or a girl might be rushing to the cafeteria so she can get a specific type of food before it's sold out. Or maybe a teacher comes up to you specifically to talk with you about schoolwork, or club stuff.

She actually blanches a bit at that. She DOESN’T want to cause trouble.

Ah, sorry. Guess I'm being a bit of an ass; throwing criticism and the like around without even knowing your name. I'm Shirahama Kenichi. Sorry if I offended you with my tirade."

She smiles and bows in return, her name is Miu Fuurinji and she’s new here. She infact is just transferring today. From an absurdly prestigious all-girls’ school in the local area.

Though now I'm curious who the hell taught her like that. Seems kinda irresponsible.

She seems a bit offended at the excessive part but she says her grandfather taught her and that his training has been extremely useful. She clams up right then apparently she said a bit too much.

"The other members are pretty much jerks. They seem more interested in punching me, or each other, rather than actually learning or teaching anything. I probably would have started looking for some other places to learn at soon anyway, and if she knows a good one it might save me some time, or at least give me something to start with.

She seems outright infuriated, (you think, the face is too cute to tell) that the local club is home to nothing more than a bunch of thugs.

I can't help but slump a little. "Oh, come on! I don't look *that* much like a wimp, do I? I *do* go running regularly, y'know..."

She shrugs and says it’s tough for everyone. But you seem like you got the gumption for it.

Obviously she's really into Martial Arts. Kinda cute, though also a bit weird. But not in a bad way.

Heh

Okay, that sight leaves me gaping for a bit... right until I remember what I was doing here in the first place. Then I duck under the guard rail, making my way down to the river and over the stepping stones in a weird mix between haste and caution, trying to cross quickly without falling in, before making my way up again on the other side."

"How.... *huff* how did you manage to pull that off!?"

Training lots of training, she’s been able to do that jump since she was eight.

Anyway the two of you need to hurry.

Psyckosama wrote:"I'll do what is reasonably possible. I can't predict the future."

I pause. "Though honestly you could consider starting a ladies self defense club. There are lots of pretty girls out there who don't know how to defend themselves from creeps."

She blushes and thinks she isn’t that good of a teacher just yet.

"I speak english fluently."

She looks a bit surprised, then responds in rough english herself, not as polished as your SI skills but more than good enough to get by in any port city in the States.

And how to mop.

Yes your Mopping skills are MAXIMUM!

Good. I'm going to remember to dojo bust in a couple weeks.

Heh

I look perfectly innocent...

This on the otherhand is my inner monologue...

this too...

You are dirty...dirty man….HA!

I ignore them...

And they titter behind your back, though Miu wonders what’s that all about? And what brought you to her club so early in the day?

"It's an acquired taste."

Indeed….

Oh wonderful…

Heh

I give a bow and apologize.

If that is not enough then I ask him if this is poorly planned cover for a shakedown then because this is quite a large road and it would be hard to run into another person so easily without intent…

It isn’t enough and he wants money.

Meanwhile I'm stepping back and slipping out my bottle of hot sauce like its a water bottle and when he makes a violent move I take a little bit into the mouth, and spit it in his eyes.

When he makes to grab you, you fire. He howls like a lost soul.

I grin as he goes down screaming and look at the others before loading another shot with a mad smile on my face.

The other two men back up in anger for a moment, then they pull knives and make to carve you up. But like a feather that cuts through the air (quote from the manga)...Miu leaps into the fray and beats the unholy crap out of both of them without breaking a sweat, though she’s somehow lost her glasses and her braid has come loose, she looks like a Valkyrie come down from Valhalla to kick the crap out of some unfortunate schmuck that looked at her funny. Dear GOD she’s glorious to behold….
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:24 am

Brian Boru wrote:She blushes and thinks she isn’t that good of a teacher just yet.

"I believe in you. And if you can't believe in your own teaching skills, then I ask you to believe in me who believes in you!"

Shonen power XTREME!

She looks a bit surprised, then responds in rough english herself, not as polished as your SI skills but more than good enough to get by in any port city in the States.

I smile. "I'll tutor you. Though be warned, I speak a colloquial dialect with a mild regional accent, not the stuff they teach in schools. So I won't get you straight As, but if you ever need to actually, I don't know, talk to someone I'll do a lot better than the jackass teachers and their route memorization of words you'll never care about."

I pause. "Think the difference between a performance martial art and a combat martial art."

Yes your Mopping skills are MAXIMUM!

Assholes can find a new Janitor.

Heh

I'll enjoy claiming their sign.

You are dirty...dirty man….HA!

Yep.

And they titter behind your back,

English: And more inane chattering from the local ladies of the night...

though Miu wonders what’s that all about?

"I'm not part of the cool crowd.

And what brought you to her club so early in the day?

"I just quit the Karate club. Only thing I learned there was how to mop. It was less a place to learn, and more a place for a small group of bullies to circle jerk each other about how they were all grandmasters of the art...."

MY sarcasm is so apparent that even she'd get it. There's an eyeroll involved

It isn’t enough and he wants money.

Thought so.

When he makes to grab you, you fire.  He howls like a lost soul.

Good.

The other two men back up in anger for a moment, then they pull knives and make to carve you up.  But like a feather that cuts through the air (quote from the manga)...Miu leaps into the fray and beats the unholy crap out of both of them without breaking a sweat, though she’s somehow lost her glasses and her braid has come loose, she looks like a Valkyrie come down from Valhalla to kick the crap out of some unfortunate schmuck that looked at her funny.  Dear GOD she’s glorious to behold….

I recover her glasses and gently place them back on her face with a smile.

"Thank you. I might have been able to handle one of them but both would have been pushing it."

I bow in thanks.

Anyways, then I pull out my cell and call the police and make sure to take some pictures so I know who I'm dealing with in the future.

Anyways, after the police report?

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:54 am

Psyckosama wrote:"I believe in you. And if you can't believe in your own teaching skills, then I ask you to believe in me who believes in you!"

Shonen power XTREME!

She's thankful for the vote of confidence but she'd still like to talk with her grandfather first.

I smile. "I'll tutor you. Though be warned, I speak a colloquial dialect with a mild regional accent, not the stuff they teach in schools. So I won't get you straight As, but if you ever need to actually, I don't know, talk to someone I'll do a lot better than the jackass teachers and their route memorization of words you'll never care about."

I pause. "Think the difference between a performance martial art and a combat martial art."

She smiles and says that she would like to do that.

Assholes can find a new Janitor.

Heh

I'll enjoy claiming their sign.

Heh

English: And more inane chattering from the local ladies of the night...

Miu actually caught a bit of that and blushes a bit and wonders why you'd name call like that. Seems a bit mean.

"I'm not part of the cool crowd.

She tilts her head at that, why? You seem like a nice guy.

"I just quit the Karate club. Only thing I learned there was how to mop. It was less a place to learn, and more a place for a small group of bullies to circle jerk each other about how they were all grandmasters of the art...."

MY sarcasm is so apparent that even she'd get it. There's an eyeroll involved

She seems outraged at the state of the club, she seems to take martial arts seriously and she doesn't like what she hears about them.

Thought so.

Heh

Good.

Damn you cold man!

I recover her glasses and gently place them back on her face with a smile.

"Thank you. I might have been able to handle one of them but both would have been pushing it."

I bow in thanks.

She takes them with a demure thanks and says that now you might know more about her than she had wanted you or anyone else to.

She hopes the two of you can still be friends.

Anyways, then I pull out my cell and call the police and make sure to take some pictures so I know who I'm dealing with in the future.

They're swiped right up with shocking speed.

Anyways, after the police report?

The two of you find a bench to sit at, she's sure you have a ton of questions about what happened there.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:08 am

Brian Boru wrote:She's thankful for the vote of confidence but she'd still like to talk with her grandfather first.

Thumps up!

She smiles and says that she would like to do that.

"Wonderful... so how much foul language do you know?"

Miu actually caught a bit of that and blushes a bit and wonders why you'd name call like that.  Seems a bit mean.

"They're a bunch of mean spirited catty bitches. I'd be careful. That bitch isn't going to take you coming in here and being... better than her in every possible way lightly. She's going to attack you socially to try and marginalize your threat to her ego." I look back for a moment. "Even if you see her as goldfish shit, and you should, she's going to see you as a rival to be destroyed. Be ready."

She tilts her head at that, why?  You seem like a nice guy.

"You're the first person to ever really give me a honest chance in a long time..."

She seems outraged at the state of the club, she seems to take martial arts seriously and she doesn't like what she hears about them.

"The worst is their star. He's a cruel, arrogant, idiotic bully who thinks he's the next Invincible Superman."

[quote]

Heh

Damn you cold man!

He's lucky this isn't a more firearms heavy setting. Leave it at that.

She takes them with a demure thanks and says that now you might know more about her than she had wanted you or anyone else to.

She hopes the two of you can still be friends.

I laugh as if she's told a joke. "Miu, I already figured it out."

They're swiped right up with shocking speed.

And that's law enforcement!

The two of you find a bench to sit at, she's sure you have a ton of questions about what happened there.

"Not really. Your grandfather is Furinji Hayato, right?"

Anyways, I'll treat her to some Gyudon in thanks and walk her home.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelenas Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:07 am

Brian Boru wrote:She actually blanches a bit at that.  She DOESN’T want to cause trouble.
Yea, she seems like a nice girl, so I figured I'd give her a heads-up.
She smiles and bows in return, her name is Miu Fuurinji and she’s new here.  She infact is just transferring today.  From an absurdly prestigious all-girls’ school in the local area.
Wow. How come she's leaving that behind and transfers to a rather average and unremarkable school like the one I'm going to? If she doesn't mind me asking, that is.
She seems a bit offended at the excessive part but she says her grandfather taught her and that his training has been extremely useful.  She clams up right then apparently she said a bit too much.
"Ah, sorry; didn't mean to offend you. I take it you and your grandfather are close, then?"
She seems outright infuriated, (you think, the face is too cute to tell) that the local club is home to nothing more than a bunch of thugs.
Yeah, but not much that can be done about that. Most of the guys there are built like a tank, and normally stick together, meaning they usually have the advantage of numbers as well. Frankly wouldn't surprise me if they intended to become goons for the Yakuza in the future.
She shrugs and says it’s tough for everyone.  But you seem like you got the gumption for it.
"Well, I can at least give it a try, I guess. Where did you say that school was?"
Training lots of training, she’s been able to do that jump since she was eight.

Anyway the two of you need to hurry.
Oh, right, there was that. No time to get distacted by superhuman feats of athletics.

Rushing off the rest of the way to school it is, then.
Kelenas
Kelenas

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:58 am

Brian Boru wrote:Point but it’s still a bit unnerving how even the nicer guys are giving you the stink eye.

Yes, that's horrible, how dare something go right for me once instead of for them again. The part of me that enjoys Schadenfreude is doing cartwheels.

As a matter of fact she’s waiting for you though she wonders why you look so depressed?

"I have the worst luck with martial arts teachers," I say with a shrug. "When I was little I made a promise with a friend. We'd try and become strong so we wouldn't have to rely on other people to protect us. Unfortunately, ever since then every time I try to learn any kind of martial arts my teachers end up being absentee hands-off types and my seniors would rather push people around than help out. The only thing I ended up getting out of that is knowing how to take a punch and how to run away, which, while useful? Not really what I was after."

Sigh.

"Well, given what dad says that's more or less how the looking for work ends up when you're and adult too. You need experience to find a job and a job to get experience. So I'm a little down right now."
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:51 am

Psyckosama wrote:Thumps up!

Heh

"Wonderful... so how much foul language do you know?"

Not that much actually and she's embarrassed when you ask.

"They're a bunch of mean spirited catty bitches. I'd be careful. That bitch isn't going to take you coming in here and being... better than her in every possible way lightly. She's going to attack you socially to try and marginalize your threat to her ego." I look back for a moment. "Even if you see her as goldfish shit, and you should, she's going to see you as a rival to be destroyed. Be ready."

She blinks at that and promises to keep an eye out....do note people she considers a threat are usually shooting at her or using something else about as lethal.

"You're the first person to ever really give me a honest chance in a long time..."

Now that's terrible in her opinion.

"The worst is their star. He's a cruel, arrogant, idiotic bully who thinks he's the next Invincible Superman."

That seems to strike a chord there and she looks like she wants to march up there and give them a piece of her mind.

He's lucky this isn't a more firearms heavy setting. Leave it at that.

Eesh.

I laugh as if she's told a joke. "Miu, I already figured it out."

"W-what?! How?!"

And that's law enforcement!

Yup just like in a superhero comic, always there for the clean-up never when it's important!

"Not really. Your grandfather is Furinji Hayato, right?"

She's kinda surprised you know of him, outside of ...certain circles....he isn't all that well known.

Anyways, I'll treat her to some Gyudon in thanks and walk her home.

Well after a pleasant snack the two of you eventually reach a walled off complex with the BIGGEST damn door you've seen in your like with a sign that reads Ryouzanpaku above the door. You're not sure if you could knock that door down with a battering ram.

Kelenas wrote:Yea, she seems like a nice girl, so I figured I'd give her a heads-up.

She thanks you for the advice.

Wow. How come she's leaving that behind and transfers to a rather average and unremarkable school like the one I'm going to? If she doesn't mind me asking, that is.

She seems embarrassed but she mentions something about issues with other students and she won't expand on it.

"Ah, sorry; didn't mean to offend you. I take it you and your grandfather are close, then?"

She admits that the two of them are all they have in the world.

Yeah, but not much that can be done about that. Most of the guys there are built like a tank, and normally stick together, meaning they usually have the advantage of numbers as well. Frankly wouldn't surprise me if they intended to become goons for the Yakuza in the future.

Now she looks outright furious, and seems to want to give them a piece of her mind.

"Well, I can at least give it a try, I guess. Where did you say that school was?"

She'll take you there after school.

Oh, right, there was that. No time to get distacted by superhuman feats of athletics.

Rushing off the rest of the way to school it is, then.

Well after jabbering for as long as you did the two of you end up late. Miu being new she's let off the hook, but you on the other hand are made to stand in the hallway. Amazingly after Miu introduces herself to the class she asks that she stand in the hallway with you. She was late herself afterall. If you ask her she says that it was partially her fault you were late and besides she'd rather be with a friend when he's in the lurch.

Rieverre wrote:Yes, that's horrible, how dare something go right for me once instead of for them again. The part of me that enjoys Schadenfreude is doing cartwheels.

When she smiles at you over something you swear at least one of them is crying blood....that can't be healthy.

"I have the worst luck with martial arts teachers," I say with a shrug. "When I was little I made a promise with a friend. We'd try and become strong so we wouldn't have to rely on other people to protect us. Unfortunately, ever since then every time I try to learn any kind of martial arts my teachers end up being absentee hands-off types and my seniors would rather push people around than help out. The only thing I ended up getting out of that is knowing how to take a punch and how to run away, which, while useful? Not really what I was after."

Sigh.

"Well, given what dad says that's more or less how the looking for work ends up when you're and adult too. You need experience to find a job and a job to get experience. So I'm a little down right now."
[/quote]

She seems impressed with your promise to your friend though saddened at the fact that you've had such a hard time trying to find a good teacher. She also seems to want to give the idiots who were supposed to teach you a piece of her mind.

But eventually she does say she knows somewhere you could learn martial arts for real. If you're interested....
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:33 am

Brian Boru wrote:When she smiles at you over something you swear at least one of them is crying blood....that can't be healthy.

SCHADENFREUDE!

She seems impressed with your promise to your friend though saddened at the fact that you've had such a hard time trying to find a good teacher.  She also seems to want to give the idiots who were supposed to teach you a piece of her mind.

Well, alright, I admit I had one good teacher. But I don't really think the marksmanship skills dad has been teaching me over the Sundays these past few years really apply to standing up for yourself. This is this and that is that and once you resort to drawing a firearm, that's not really something you can take back very easily.

But eventually she does say she knows somewhere you could learn martial arts for real.  If you're interested....

"Would that be the place responsible for you being able to throw like that? Not to mention the acrobatics?"
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelenas Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:40 am

Brian Boru wrote:She seems embarrassed but she mentions something about issues with other students and she won't expand on it.
Alright, then I'm not gonna push.
She admits that the two of them are all they have in the world.
Guessing that this means her parents are dead, or otherwise unable to raise her, I offer her my condolences.
Now she looks outright furious, and seems to want to give them a piece of her mind.
Welp, that's probably gonna be interesting to see...
Well after jabbering for as long as you did the two of you end up late.  Miu being new she's let off the hook, but you on the other hand are made to stand in the hallway.  Amazingly after Miu introduces herself to the class she asks that she stand in the hallway with you.  She was late herself afterall.  If you ask her she says that it was partially her fault you were late and besides she'd rather be with a friend when he's in the lurch.
Well, I appreciate it, even though I'm pretty sure that it was mostly my fault.
Still, nothing to be gained by complaining or moping about, so I'll use the time and opportunity to (quietly) keep talking with Miu about various stuff. Finding out a bit more about herself, telling her a bit about me, talking about the school and some of the people here, that sort of thing.
Kelenas
Kelenas

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:10 pm

Brian Boru wrote:
Not that much actually and she's embarrassed when you ask.

"Half the fun of fluency in another language is being able to insult people behind their backs!"

Time for an english lesson! Very Happy

She blinks at that and promises to keep an eye out....do note people she considers a threat are usually shooting at her or using something else about as lethal.

Whole new battlefield... and sadly she can't beat these cunts into a bloody paste no matter how much they have it coming.

Now that's terrible in her opinion.

Deep sigh. Tell me about it...

That seems to strike a chord there and she looks like she wants to march up there and give them a piece of her mind.

He's outright said that only the strong should be permitted to learn the martial arts and is a complete bully.

Eesh.

.50 at 400 yards to be back... :p

"W-what?!  How?!"

"Way you move, your figure, your name... in fact I pretty much had you pegged the moment we met by the way you flipped me."

Yup just like in a superhero comic, always there for the clean-up never when it's important!

You mean just like reality...

She's kinda surprised you know of him, outside of ...certain circles....he isn't all that well known.

"The internet is a wonderful thing."

Well after a pleasant snack the two of you eventually reach a walled off complex with the BIGGEST damn door you've seen in your like with a sign that reads Ryouzanpaku above the door.  You're not sure if you could knock that door down with a battering ram.

I gently push it open. Very well balanced I must say.

Gentleman holds a door for a lady.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WatcherVoid Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:12 pm

OOC: It's been a long time since i last read the series, so if anything this will be good motivation to start up again. So lets give it a shoot. Smile 

As for changing the background to fit my personality better. One of the most important changes so that my behavior isn't OOC right away is making Kenichi a Loner by nature and a barbed tongue when annoyed, and of course ruthless if pushed over my threshold of putting up with other people. Another change would be that am very snarky and sarcastic in conversation, the only ones who know about this are of course Kenichi family as their the few people he actually really talks with on a regular basis.

On the much more extreme of the background change requests would experience living overseas in the America for a year or two be too extreme? Also having some perseverance from the start, an example would be despite everything I've continued to try to land a hit on the other guy in the Karate Club 'spars."

Finally i share Psyckosama's goal of making a harem.
________
IC:

" What? " My mind trying to rapidly process the instantaneous change from running full tilt to flat on my back.

Hitting the asphalt hurts to say the least as the pain soon followed as my mind caught up with the situation " Ahhh, man. What hit me? "
WatcherVoid
WatcherVoid

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:34 am

Rieverre wrote:SCHADENFREUDE!

Heh

Well, alright, I admit I had one good teacher. But I don't really think the marksmanship skills dad has been teaching me over the Sundays these past few years really apply to standing up for yourself. This is this and that is that and once you resort to drawing a firearm, that's not really something you can take back very easily.

If you mention the firearms bit she blanches a bit and agrees.

"Would that be the place responsible for you being able to throw like that? Not to mention the acrobatics?"

She says you might eventually. But she does warn that it'll be very very tough and there might even a risk of you dying but you'll be VERY good should you make through it.

Kelenas wrote:Alright, then I'm not gonna push.

Alright.

Guessing that this means her parents are dead, or otherwise unable to raise her, I offer her my condolences.

She thanks you for the gesture and says that it was so long ago she doesn't remember anything about them.

Welp, that's probably gonna be interesting to see...

You sure you want her to rip those poor bastards to shreds?

Well, I appreciate it, even though I'm pretty sure that it was mostly my fault.
Still, nothing to be gained by complaining or moping about, so I'll use the time and opportunity to (quietly) keep talking with Miu about various stuff. Finding out a bit more about herself, telling her a bit about me, talking about the school and some of the people here, that sort of thing.

It is an interesting conversation, she lives with her grandfather along with some associates of his in a dojo that belongs to their family. She's got an addiction to parfaits and she loves cats.

Eventually you're allowed back into the classroom and classes go normal though people wonder why Miu is so close to you. Some of the male class members don't seem particularity tickled about it.

Well with classes over you head to Karate class. Miu says she'll meet you at the door after practice is over she's planning on joining the rhythmic gymnastics club.

Once you step through the door, the local shaved ape Daimonji spots you and the most EVIL grin spreads across his face. "Hey the training dummy's finally here fellas, now we can really get to practice!"

Oh this will hurt.

Psyckosama wrote:"Half the fun of fluency in another language is being able to insult people behind their backs!"

Time for an english lesson! Very Happy

Mind starting with something less foul?

Whole new battlefield... and sadly she can't beat these cunts into a bloody paste no matter how much they have it coming.

Heh true but it's really just the club captain, the others are really leaving the girl in the lurch.

Deep sigh. Tell me about it...

How could any school let the honorable martial arts disintegrate LIKE THAT?!

He's outright said that only the strong should be permitted to learn the martial arts and is a complete bully.

Now something harsh and primal enters her eyes....you're both turned one and terrified at the same time.

"Way you move, your figure, your name... in fact I pretty much had you pegged the moment we met by the way you flipped me."

She goes red like a hydrant.

"The internet is a wonderful thing."

"In...ter...net?..." Remember who raised her....

I gently push it open. Very well balanced I must say.

Gentleman holds a door for a lady.

Actually you fail horrible, the door's fucking heavy. You're about to try shoulder ramming it when a massive finger at least three feet over you're head lightly presses on the door and it flies open. Looking up you see....well old man samurai viking for a lack of a better term. Long blonde hair, traditional outfit, and long thick beard that would make an Orthodox Patriarch go green with envy at.

This huge avatar of war stares down at you before smiling. "Well it seems my granddaughter has brought a friend over. Welcome to my dojo."

WatcherVoid wrote:OOC: It's been a long time since i last read the series, so if anything this will be good motivation to start up again. So lets give it a shoot. Smile 

Welcome to the madness.

As for changing the background to fit my personality better. One of the most important changes so that my behavior isn't OOC right away is making Kenichi a Loner by nature and a barbed tongue when annoyed, and of course ruthless if pushed over my threshold of putting up with other people. Another change would be that am very snarky and sarcastic in conversation, the only ones who know about this are of course Kenichi family as their the few people he actually really talks with on a regular basis.

Gonna be a bit hard making friends I think but alright.

On the much more extreme of the background change requests would experience living overseas in the America for a year or two be too extreme? Also having some perseverance from the start, an example would be despite everything I've continued to try to land a hit on the other guy in the Karate Club 'spars."

The first is a bit much but you still somehow are PERFECTLY fluent in your native language. (American English?) Including colloquial terms and accent. English is the ONE class you're passing with flying colors.

The second is fine.

Finally i share Psyckosama's goal of making a harem.

Dirty dirty man.... Cool 
________

IC:

" What? " My mind trying to rapidly process the instantaneous change from running full tilt to flat on my back.

Hitting the asphalt hurts to say the least as the pain soon followed as my mind caught up with the situation " Ahhh, man. What hit me? "

You then hear a femine cry and soon you're being brought back to you're feet while a female voice keeps on saying, "I'm sorry, I'm sorry! Are you alright?"

The owner of the voice turns out to be a gorgeous young blonde lady wearing a uniform of people from you're school though you know that she MUST be new because you'd have known if a girl like this had been here before.

You are the Disciple of History's Strongest - Page 2 448863-kenichi38_29_

Close approximation though ignore the young lady with the auburn hair and the uneven jeans, side note there you are handsome, the brown haired kid next to the blonde.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:14 am

Brian Boru wrote:If you mention the firearms bit she blanches a bit and agrees.

"I always thought it was kind of odd how everybody seems to demonize them, but I guess that's just from growing up with gun safety and way too many 'it's not the gun, it's the person' talks," I chuckle. Granted, it was mostly mom who gave those talks, given how dad was geeking out over one new accessory or the other. I still remember the great reflex sight bonanza of '01.

She says you might eventually.  But she does warn that it'll be very very tough and there might even a risk of you dying but you'll be VERY good should you make through it.

"It's obviously worked out for you ... so at the very least, I'd want to go take a look. Plus, we're heading there right now anyway, aren't we?"

Since I figure, well, she likely trained since she could walk given how much of a natural she looks to be, and I _have_ been letting her set the pace and direction heading back from school.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:17 am

Brian Boru wrote:Mind starting with something less foul?

At this point the only thing besides expanding your vocabulary is to keep speaking english so you get more used to it.

Heh true but it's really just the club captain, the others are really leaving the girl in the lurch.

Do not underestimate the reach and depths of the truly petty and desperate.

How could any school let the honorable martial arts disintegrate LIKE THAT?!

"It's not 'honorable martial arts', its the Karate club. It's not a seen vocation, not a lifestyle, not an art... its an after school activity.

I sigh deeply. It speaks much of my desperation to learn that I was willing to stoop to that level for instruction, doesn't it?

Not that they taught me anything. I had the unofficial rank of mop boy/punching bag.

Now something harsh and primal enters her eyes....you're both turned one and terrified at the same time.

"I'd call him a disgrace to the art, but he's not..."

I frown. "Because that would be admitting he's a martial artist and not a thug. On the same note I'd call him a disgrace to the species, but that would be admitting he's not some form of ape."

She goes red like a hydrant.

"I don't know much martial arts but I can spot one when I see them."

"In...ter...net?..."  Remember who raised her....

Deep sigh.

"The world wide information network..."

I pull out my Smart Phone and bring up her Grandfather's bio.

Actually you fail horrible, the door's fucking heavy.  You're about to try shoulder ramming it when a massive finger at least three feet over you're head lightly presses on the door and it flies open.  Looking up you see....well old man samurai viking for a lack of a better term.  Long blonde hair, traditional outfit, and long thick beard that would make an Orthodox Patriarch go green with envy at.

This huge avatar of war stares down at you before smiling.  "Well it seems my granddaughter has brought a friend over.  Welcome to my dojo."

I bow deeply. "Thank you sir. I am honored."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelenas Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:19 am

Brian Boru wrote:She thanks you for the gesture and says that it was so long ago she doesn't remember anything about them.
Not sure whether that actually makes it better or worse, not actually knowing anything about her parents. Still, I'm not really gonna ask or comment on it, since I don't want to open up any old wounds or the like.
You sure you want her to rip those poor bastards to shreds?
I wouldn't particularly mind, seeing as those guys deserve it, and if she does it under the guise of sparring - same way they do - there shouldn't really be any trouble for her, either.
And if she means verbally ripping them to shreds; all the better; even less chance to get in trouble.
It is an interesting conversation, she lives with her grandfather along with some associates of his in a dojo that belongs to their family.  She's got an addiction to parfaits and she loves cats.
Is that dojo the one she was talking about? Guessing the others living there are assistant trainers or maybe students of her grandfather, then?
I also confess my love for cats as well, and also dogs - though only when they're whelps; adult ones I'm kinda ambivalent about in general, though the small noisy ones - terriers and the like - I rather dislike.

Food-wise, I actually prefer Chinese food over Japanese most of the time, though I don't get much chance to eat it. Except for sweets; there I have a weakness for European cakes, particularly some German variants like Streusel- or Baumkuchen. Even know a little how to bake, myself.
Eventually you're allowed back into the classroom and classes go normal though people wonder why Miu is so close to you.  Some of the male class members don't seem particularity tickled about it.
Ugh. Male japanese teenager machismo. Well, I take some time to introduce her to the nicer guys in class, along with the story of how we met (though leaving out how she threw me around, or crossed the river in a single jump). Should keep most guys placated, and give Miu a chance to make a few more friends in class. Maybe point her in the direction of the nicer girls as well.

Though I studiously keep her away from Nakajima. I'm pretty sure intentionally inflicting his presence on someone is defined as a war crime by the Geneva Convention, and I'd rather not make myself guilty of that, especially not with someone as nice as Miu as the victim.
Well with classes over you head to Karate class.  Miu says she'll meet you at the door after practice is over she's planning on joining the rhythmic gymnastics club.
Well, from the way she jumped across the river, she definitely has the gymnastics down, so she'd only have to learn the "rhythmic" part. Shouldn't be too hard either, though, so I'd expect she'd do well.
Once you step through the door, the local shaved ape Daimonji spots you and the most EVIL grin spreads across his face.  "Hey the training dummy's finally here fellas, now we can really get to practice!"

Oh this will hurt.
I briefly toy with the idea of simply suffering through this lesson before grabbing my gear and going to the teacher's office to cancel my membership in the Karate club there afterwards, but discarded it since it would come out soon anyway.
Next I think about conocting some kind of story about having to go to the hospital to be examined for internatl injuries and possibly make a statement with the police, just so I could see Daimonji and his fellow herd of apes squirm a little at the thought of police involvement, but I'd like to think I'm above such pettiness...
Okay, maybe not *entirely* given how I'd very much enjoy the sight of them getting their asses kicked by Miu, but not to the point where I'd go out of my way to cause trouble like this.

Finally, with a mental shrug I decide to just cut off this whole issue swiftly and at the stump; "Actually, I'm just here to grab my stuff and inform you that I'm quitting," I reply while making my way over to the changing room where my gi should be.
Kelenas
Kelenas

Back to top Go down

Post by WatcherVoid Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:08 pm

OOC:
Brian Boru wrote:
Gonna be a bit hard making friends I think but alright.
I've found from personal experience all the noise people make about loners not having friends is mainly because of a lack of interest in going out to meet people and most importantly it's very hard to be interested* enough in other people to seek them outside of unavoidable times(school/work hours.)

So until someone manages to jump that last hurtle it's not what i consider true mutual friendship in my eyes at least. But if you do manage it you have a friend for life.

That might just be me as social skills or stage fright has never been the problem for example in high school(before) i could give give a better presentation than everyone else in front of my English class with a power point which half of its slides only had "winging it" on them and still get an A.

Admittedly the English teacher i had that year was nothing short of pure awesome as we almost never had homework from him. Not even in the form of reading the books given to us.

*Boy do the characters in this have an unfair advantage in that i know from OOC knowledge their very interesting people.
The first is a bit much but you still somehow are PERFECTLY fluent in your native language. (American English?) Including colloquial terms and accent. English is the ONE class you're passing with flying colors.

The second is fine.
Yup, the time i did live in England wasn't long enough for it to overwrite it. Laughing 

Just a heads up i might ask for a couple more changes in the future as i rediscover certain facts of the stories, however i doubt that their will be very many.
Dirty dirty man.... Cool 
Aim for the stars and rebel against the notion that love may only exist between two people at a time. pirat 
________
IC:

You then hear a femine cry and soon you're being brought back to you're feet while a female voice keeps on saying, "I'm sorry, I'm sorry!  Are you alright?"

The owner of the voice turns out to be a gorgeous young blonde lady wearing a uniform of people from you're school though you know that she MUST be new because you'd have known if a girl like this had been here before.
Without a doubt, it's amazing what you can overhear when you bother to listen to the chatter around you. This girl would undoubtly be the talk of the schools male population day in and day out.

" Hurting but nothing seems to be broken. "

A turn of my head to the side give a view. Best not mention that right away. I get off the ground so that we can have a proper conversation.

" If you don't mind me asking why did you do that? Also Are you new to the school? As am quite sure if you weren't a beauty like you would be the endless talk of the school. "
img snip

Close approximation though ignore the young lady with the auburn hair and the uneven jeans, side note there you are handsome, the brown haired kid next to the blonde.
OOC: My memory might be wrong but shame about the auburn batting for the other team, if i do go after her it will be quite the challenge to find the right way to interest her.
WatcherVoid
WatcherVoid

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:32 am

Rieverre wrote:"I always thought it was kind of odd how everybody seems to demonize them, but I guess that's just from growing up with gun safety and way too many 'it's not the gun, it's the person' talks," I chuckle. Granted, it was mostly mom who gave those talks, given how dad was geeking out over one new accessory or the other. I still remember the great reflex sight bonanza of '01.

Hah!

"It's obviously worked out for you ... so at the very least, I'd want to go take a look. Plus, we're heading there right now anyway, aren't we?"

Since I figure, well, she likely trained since she could walk given how much of a natural she looks to be, and I _have_ been letting her set the pace and direction heading back from school.

True....

as the two of head for her home you have the misfortune of walking by a trio of street thugs, possibly even Yakuza. As you try to walk by them you brush one of them on the sleeve. He takes offense to that.

Psyckosama wrote:At this point the only thing besides expanding your vocabulary is to keep speaking english so you get more used to it.

"Wouldn't normal conversations work better than what you'd learn at a dock?"

Do not underestimate the reach and depths of the truly petty and desperate.

She'll keep an eye out but she's really something of a non-entity to her.

"It's not 'honorable martial arts', its the Karate club. It's not a seen vocation, not a lifestyle, not an art... its an after school activity.

I sigh deeply. It speaks much of my desperation to learn that I was willing to stoop to that level for instruction, doesn't it?

Not that they taught me anything. I had the unofficial rank of mop boy/punching bag.

I think something broke.

"I'd call him a disgrace to the art, but he's not..."

I frown. "Because that would be admitting he's a martial artist and not a thug. On the same note I'd call him a disgrace to the species, but that would be admitting he's not some form of ape."

That actually sets her giggling and the scary/sexy look disappears.

"I don't know much martial arts but I can spot one when I see them."

She seems to accept that though she mentions you must have good eyes.

Deep sigh.

"The world wide information network..."

I pull out my Smart Phone and bring up her Grandfather's bio.

She seems interested and when she taps your private folder by curious accident.... "EEEHHHH! KITTIES!"

I bow deeply. "Thank you sir. I am honored."

He smiles, "And a polite lad. So what brings you to my dojo?"

[quote="Kelenas"]Not sure whether that actually makes it better or worse, not actually knowing anything about her parents. Still, I'm not really gonna ask or comment on it, since I don't want to open up any old wounds or the like.

Alright it's dropped.

I wouldn't particularly mind, seeing as those guys deserve it, and if she does it under the guise of sparring - same way they do - there shouldn't really be any trouble for her, either.
And if she means verbally ripping them to shreds; all the better; even less chance to get in trouble.

Alright....don't say I didn't warn ya....

Well Miu all but bursts into the practice room. Daimonji the gorrilla happens to notice her first and is his usual charming self...or rather the charms of a horny bull rhino.... Miu doesn't seem to take kindly to the big ox.

Last chance to keep this from being a slaughterhouse....

Is that dojo the one she was talking about? Guessing the others living there are assistant trainers or maybe students of her grandfather, then?

More fellow aficionados and friends...

I also confess my love for cats as well, and also dogs - though only when they're whelps; adult ones I'm kinda ambivalent about in general, though the small noisy ones - terriers and the like - I rather dislike.

She seems more excited about the love of kitties more than you think is warranted but you'll roll with it.

Food-wise, I actually prefer Chinese food over Japanese most of the time, though I don't get much chance to eat it. Except for sweets; there I have a weakness for European cakes, particularly some German variants like Streusel- or Baumkuchen. Even know a little how to bake, myself.

She's a bit interested as she does a bunch of cooking herself.

Ugh. Male japanese teenager machismo. Well, I take some time to introduce her to the nicer guys in class, along with the story of how we met (though leaving out how she threw me around, or crossed the river in a single jump). Should keep most guys placated, and give Miu a chance to make a few more friends in class. Maybe point her in the direction of the nicer girls as well.

She makes fast friends with the others but she still seems to prefer your company more than the others.

Though I studiously keep her away from Nakajima. I'm pretty sure intentionally inflicting his presence on someone is defined as a war crime by the Geneva Convention, and I'd rather not make myself guilty of that, especially not with someone as nice as Miu as the victim.

Speak of the devil and he will appear....though he does make the mistake of approaching her from behind....and gets thrown...out an open window....eh...he'll be alright....the bastard is like a cockroach....

Well, from the way she jumped across the river, she definitely has the gymnastics down, so she'd only have to learn the "rhythmic" part. Shouldn't be too hard either, though, so I'd expect she'd do well.

You hear later that she kicked out the previous ace in the first five minutes....in the warmup....

I briefly toy with the idea of simply suffering through this lesson before grabbing my gear and going to the teacher's office to cancel my membership in the Karate club there afterwards, but discarded it since it would come out soon anyway.

Next I think about conocting some kind of story about having to go to the hospital to be examined for internatl injuries and possibly make a statement with the police, just so I could see Daimonji and his fellow herd of apes squirm a little at the thought of police involvement, but I'd like to think I'm above such pettiness...

Okay, maybe not *entirely* given how I'd very much enjoy the sight of them getting their asses kicked by Miu, but not to the point where I'd go out of my way to cause trouble like this.

Finally, with a mental shrug I decide to just cut off this whole issue swiftly and at the stump; "Actually, I'm just here to grab my stuff and inform you that I'm quitting," I reply while making my way over to the changing room where my gi should be.

The group seems a bit surprised considering you whined and cried like a baby to be let in. Daimonji just starts laughing saying that it might be better for the club in the long run. Your suck was rubbing off on them.

WatcherVoid wrote:I've found from personal experience all the noise people make about loners not having friends is mainly because of a lack of interest in going out to meet people and most importantly it's very hard to be interested* enough in other people to seek them outside of unavoidable times(school/work hours.)

So until someone manages to jump that last hurtle it's not what i consider true mutual friendship in my eyes at least. But if you do manage it you have a friend for life.

That might just be me as social skills or stage fright has never been the problem for example in high school(before) i could give give a better presentation than everyone else in front of my English class with a power point which half of its slides only had "winging it" on them and still get an A.

Admittedly the English teacher i had that year was nothing short of pure awesome as we almost never had homework from him. Not even in the form of reading the books given to us.

*Boy do the characters in this have an unfair advantage in that i know from OOC knowledge their very interesting people.

By friends I mean all the allies of young up coming martial artists but potatoes potahtoes...

Yup, the time i did live in England wasn't long enough for it to overwrite it. Laughing 

Just a heads up i might ask for a couple more changes in the future as i rediscover certain facts of the stories, however i doubt that their will be very many.

Alright though NOTHING crazy.

Aim for the stars and rebel against the notion that love may only exist between two people at a time. pirat 

*raised eye-brow*

Without a doubt, it's amazing what you can overhear when you bother to listen to the chatter around you. This girl would undoubtly be the talk of the schools male population day in and day out.

Heh

" Hurting but nothing seems to be broken. "

"Oh I'm so glad to hear that!"

A turn of my head to the side give a view. Best not mention that right away. I get off the ground so that we can have a proper conversation.

" If you don't mind me asking why did you do that? Also Are you new to the school? As am quite sure if you weren't a beauty like you would be the endless talk of the school. "

She flushes at the complement but she mentions that you came up from behind her and isn't it the proper response to toss the one who does that?

...where did this girl come from assassin school?

She then says that yes she is new, her name is Miu Fuurinji and she's just starting today.

OOC: My memory might be wrong but shame about the auburn batting for the other team, if i do go after her it will be quite the challenge to find the right way to interest her.

Actually no she isn't batting for the other team....she's just in denial about the guy she's crushing hard for.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:41 am

Brian Boru wrote:"Wouldn't normal conversations work better than what you'd learn at a dock?"

"You have no idea... but in general it's good to know the insults for two reasons. First, so you know when you're being insulted, and second... the last thing a jerk tourist expects is to be torn down and chewed up by someone they're speaking to VERY slowly..."

She'll keep an eye out but she's really something of a non-entity to her.

Just be careful.

I think something broke.

"I know."

Deadpan!

That actually sets her giggling and the scary/sexy look disappears.

"Still, I want to be able to do something next time I see him shaking down middle schoolers for their lunch money."

She seems to accept that though she mentions you must have good eyes.

"I try."

She seems interested and when she taps your private folder by curious accident.... "EEEHHHH!  KITTIES!"

"I love cats."

He smiles, "And a polite lad.  So what brings you to my dojo?"

I explain.

I'm a new friend of his granddaughter.

I helped her with some her threat identification training... so she'll only flip actual threats and not anyone who walks behind her.

And I'm hoping to become a student.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:30 am

Brian Boru wrote:as the two of head for her home you have the misfortune of walking by a trio of street thugs, possibly even Yakuza.  As you try to walk by them you brush one of them on the sleeve.  He takes offense to that.

"Oh, come on, it's not even a Tues-" then I grab Miu's hand and go from standing still to running in mid-sentence. I mean, I could try being conciliatory, fail, take my lumps and then Miu would beat them up with me possibly getting a ball-kick in, but I'd rather just skip that whole thing and try to have us be Mr. And Ms. Not Appearing In This Street Fight. This too is strategy.

Plus, Miu could take these three blindfolded and with one arm tied behind her back. I could possibly bleed on them and make one talk a little funny for the rest of the week. If I'm lucky. I really have nothing to prove here.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelenas Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:54 am

Brian Boru wrote:More fellow aficionados and friends...
Ah, okay. Kinda curious to see what they'e like, then.
She seems more excited about the love of kitties more than you think is warranted but you'll roll with it.

She's a bit interested as she does a bunch of cooking herself.
Well, as I said, it's mostly baking, and even there just a few recipes. I can get something edible from following instructions in a cookbook, but that's about it. Smile
She makes fast friends with the others but she still seems to prefer your company more than the others.
Fair enough, just wanted to make sure she gets to know some people other than me, and the rest of the class doesn't feel like I'm trying to keep her to myself.

Speak of the devil and he will appear....though he does make the mistake of approaching her from behind....and gets thrown...out an open window....eh...he'll be alright....the bastard is like a cockroach....
Regrettably so, yes.
You hear later that she kicked out the previous ace in the first five minutes....in the warmup....
Ouch. Now I feel kinda sorry for the girl in question.
The group seems a bit surprised considering you whined and cried like a baby to be let in.  Daimonji just starts laughing saying that it might be better for the club in the long run.  Your suck was rubbing off on them.
OOC: Given that we're not playing canon!Kenichi, I doubt any of us actually went and "whined and cried like a baby". Don't think even canon!Kenichi did that, though I'm honestly not sure and would have to go back and check.

In any case, though, I'll just ignore them and get my stuff.

Alright....don't say I didn't warn ya....

Well Miu all but bursts into the practice room.  Daimonji the gorrilla happens to notice her first and is his usual charming self...or rather the charms of a horny bull rhino....  Miu doesn't seem to take kindly to the big ox.

Last chance to keep this from being a slaughterhouse....
Well, I honestly wouldn't care if all of them got beat up, but it would probably get her into trouble, and after going out of my way to warn her about her habit of throwing people around, not interfering here would be a bit of a dick-move.

So, yeah, I step in and try to keep things from going out of hand.
Kelenas
Kelenas

Back to top Go down

Post by WatcherVoid Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:06 pm

Brian Boru wrote:Just a heads up i might ask for a couple more changes in the future as i rediscover certain facts of the stories, however i doubt that their will be very many.

Alright though NOTHING crazy.
OOC: I don't think I'll be asking for anything crazy to be honest, Am mainly reserving the right so that if something comes up from rereading the manga am not just dumping a request on you out of nowhere(My current point is around chapter 50 just another 500 chaps to catch completely up  tongue )

IC:
"Oh I'm so glad to hear that!"

The nerve endings in my spine may have a quibble with you on that. But hey don't mind them, they're just petty in that they don't like being slammed into the ground!

She flushes at the complement but she mentions that you came up from behind her and isn't it the proper response to toss the one who does that?

...where did this girl come from assassin school?

She then says that yes she is new, her name is Miu Fuurinji and she's just starting today.
" In a dangerous location where keeping your guard up is vital or in the middle of a fight, yes. In the middle of a street on the way to school? No, that's not a proper response. "
I wave my hand side to side to emphasis the last bit i said. " You may want to be more careful in the future. "

" Ah! I've forgotten to introduce myself, I am Kenichi Shirahama. However back to back to our previous topic, the way you said how throwing people that come from behind sounds like something a martial artist would say. If i had guess guess from the move you used on me you are a practitioner. Doesn't seem like something an armature could ingrain into instinct so quickly."
Actually no she isn't batting for the other team....she's just in denial about the guy she's crushing hard for.
OOC: Evidence that the fine details of situations in the Manga have left my memories and broad generalizations concerning them are what remain. Broad generalizations of situation as i recall can get very ugly if my experience of reading through fanfiction idea threads is anything to go by.
WatcherVoid
WatcherVoid

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:34 am

Psyckosama wrote:"You have no idea... but in general it's good to know the insults for two reasons. First, so you know when you're being insulted, and second... the last thing a jerk tourist expects is to be torn down and chewed up by someone they're speaking to VERY slowly..."

Well when you put it that way....she can see where you're coming from but she isn't cussing anyone out in any language it isn't in her to do that.

Just be careful.

She notes it.

"I know."

Deadpan!

Heh

"Still, I want to be able to do something next time I see him shaking down middle schoolers for their lunch money."

She looks incensed, "He actually does that?" (ITT: Yes he does)

"I try."

She's still a little impressed.

"I love cats."

"ME TOO!"

The sparkling eyes, argh you're libido and cuteness meter!

I explain.

I'm a new friend of his granddaughter.

I helped her with some her threat identification training... so she'll only flip actual threats and not anyone who walks behind her.

And I'm hoping to become a student.

He seems glad that his grandaughter has made a friend already and is glad to meet you.

When you explain your....training....he laughs for a few moments and says that you've certainly got a good imagination and he'd been meaning to work on her threat identification, he just hasn't had the time for it.

Finally when you mention that you want to learn here he seems pleased.

"Well if you're interested then let me show you around the dojo and let you see what you'd be encountering. As you walk along one of the buildings, you glance into a lit room and notice a DROP DEAD GORGEOUS black-haired beauty in her early twenties. That purple number she has on leaves NOTHING to the imagination....is that a sword on her back?

Rieverre wrote:"Oh, come on, it's not even a Tues-" then I grab Miu's hand and go from standing still to running in mid-sentence. I mean, I could try being conciliatory, fail, take my lumps and then Miu would beat them up with me possibly getting a ball-kick in, but I'd rather just skip that whole thing and try to have us be Mr. And Ms. Not Appearing In This Street Fight. This too is strategy.

Plus, Miu could take these three blindfolded and with one arm tied behind her back. I could possibly bleed on them and make one talk a little funny for the rest of the week. If I'm lucky. I really have nothing to prove here.

Well you try to run but Miu does something with her wrist and she doesn't budge while your momentum yanks you off your feet and onto you back.

The thugs fall over themselves laughing at you and decide to let things go as that shit was effing hilarious. So with your dignity in tatters....again....Miu helps you back up. All the while glaring at the thugs. She mentions that running just gives those bullies power.

Kelenas wrote:Ah, okay. Kinda curious to see what they'e like, then.

Well they all live at the dojo. Though she does warn they're kind of ....intense...

Well, as I said, it's mostly baking, and even there just a few recipes. I can get something edible from following instructions in a cookbook, but that's about it. Smile

Ah She says that's still better than what the others back home can do other than field cooking.

Fair enough, just wanted to make sure she gets to know some people other than me, and the rest of the class doesn't feel like I'm trying to keep her to myself.

Unfortunately you being number one on her list earns you some enmity from the male half of the class.

Regrettably so, yes.

He infact shows right back up a few minutes later still trying to be his creepy alien self. Miu is oblivious....

Ouch. Now I feel kinda sorry for the girl in question.

Said girl was something of a bitch....so you're having some trouble keeping that sympathy up.

OOC: Given that we're not playing canon!Kenichi, I doubt any of us actually went and "whined and cried like a baby". Don't think even canon!Kenichi did that, though I'm honestly not sure and would have to go back and check.

In any case, though, I'll just ignore them and get my stuff.

They all laugh and crow as you leave.

Well, I honestly wouldn't care if all of them got beat up, but it would probably get her into trouble, and after going out of my way to warn her about her habit of throwing people around, not interfering here would be a bit of a dick-move.

So, yeah, I step in and try to keep things from going out of hand.

Miu glances at you and asks, "Are these the ones giving martial arts a bad name?"

The look in her eyes indicate just a few words and she'll rip these idiots to shreds.

Daimonji is oblivious.

WatcherVoid wrote:OOC: I don't think I'll be asking for anything crazy to be honest, Am mainly reserving the right so that if something comes up from rereading the manga am not just dumping a request on you out of nowhere(My current point is around chapter 50 just another 500 chaps to catch completely up  tongue )

Heh watch out for crazy, awesome, and boobies....sweet sweet boobies....

The nerve endings in my spine may have a quibble with you on that. But hey don't mind them, they're just petty in that they don't like being slammed into the ground!

If you say that out loud she flushes like a fire-hydrant.

" In a dangerous location where keeping your guard up is vital or in the middle of a fight, yes. In the middle of a street on the way to school? No, that's not a proper response. "
I wave my hand side to side to emphasis the last bit i said. " You may want to be more careful in the future. "

She looks chagrined and says she'll try to be more careful in the future.

" Ah! I've forgotten to introduce myself, I am Kenichi Shirahama. However back to back to our previous topic, the way you said how throwing people that come from behind sounds like something a martial artist would say. If i had guess guess from the move you used on me you are a practitioner. Doesn't seem like something an armature could ingrain into instinct so quickly."

She's glad to meet you. She also mentions that she's had a little training and her grandpa has taught her a few tricks in the past. As you talk you notice the ringing of the warning bell of the school, you're going to be late!
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:47 am

Brian Boru wrote:Well when you put it that way....she can see where you're coming from but she isn't cussing anyone out in any language it isn't in her to do that.

"Then I might have to teach you a more advanced form of insult..."

SARCASM POWERS ACTIVATE!

She looks incensed, "He actually does that?"  (ITT: Yes he does)

*deadpan and with such dry sarcasm it drys moister from the air* "Yep. Behold the great towering icon who's might and courage represents the honor of the school Karate club."

My eyes harden. "It is my fondest wish to gain enough skill to be able to challenge the club for their sign, defeat their defenders, and then break it over my knee to finalize their shame and disgrace. They are an insult to the school, to the art, and to my own beliefs that it is the duty of good men to stand against injustice!"

She's still a little impressed.

I smile.

"ME TOO!"

The sparkling eyes, argh you're libido and cuteness meter!

Heh.

"I'll have to introduce you to my kitties then..."

Cat person has cats.

I start going on about my pets. I wuv my kittahs.

He seems glad that his grandaughter has made a friend already and is glad to meet you.

"And I you. It is not every day a man comes face to face with a legend."

I bow. "It is an honor."

When you explain your....training....he laughs for a few moments and says that you've certainly got a good imagination and he'd been meaning to work on her threat identification, he just hasn't had the time for it.

"The training is not complete but I think another attempt or two and she will be safe. Right now she's limiting herself to wrenching arms out of sockets rather than throwing. Quite the progress for one day considering it was literally an instinctual reaction. She is an amazing student."

Finally when you mention that you want to learn here he seems pleased.  

BIG SMILE!

"Well if you're interested then let me show you around the dojo and let you see what you'd be encountering.  As you walk along one of the buildings, you glance into a lit room and notice a DROP DEAD GORGEOUS black-haired beauty in her early twenties.  That purple number she has on leaves NOTHING to the imagination....is that a sword on her back?

My eyes go wide and I fight down my urge to drool.

"You're Kosaka Shigure! The famous Mistress of all Weaponry who's peerless talent with a sword is said only to be matched by her beauty!"

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:24 am

Brian Boru wrote:Well you try to run but Miu does something with her wrist and she doesn't budge while your momentum yanks you off your feet and onto you back.

The thugs fall over themselves laughing at you and decide to let things go as that shit was effing hilarious.  So with your dignity in tatters....again....Miu helps you back up.  All the while glaring at the thugs.  She mentions that running just gives those bullies power.

I had dignity?

"... well, you can probably smash them apart with one arm tied behind your back and blindfolded. Myself, not so much. Besides, you don't have to fight and win every battle to win the war, and we were not yet in dead ground."
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelenas Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:47 am

Brian Boru wrote:Well they all live at the dojo.  Though she does warn they're kind of ....intense...
Okay... I'll take it under advisement, then.
Ah She says that's still better than what the others back home can do other than field cooking.
I honestly attribute it to my love for exotic foreign foods that are difficult to get here in Japan. Trying to get a piece of Streuselkuchen after I heard of it turned into an almost day-long odyssey, even if it was worthwhile. By contrast, tracking down the recipe via internet and doing it myself was a matter of maybe half an hour.
Unfortunately you being number one on her list earns you some enmity from the male half of the class.
I can live with that. I'm more interested in the female half of the class anyway.
He infact shows right back up a few minutes later still trying to be his creepy alien self.  Miu is oblivious....
Welp, nothing to do but try and keep her (and also, completely incidentally, my own) exposure to him to a minimum.
Said girl was something of a bitch....so you're having some trouble keeping that sympathy up.
Maybe. But getting completely and utterly owned at something that you're supposed to be really good at? Gotta sting a *lot*.
Miu glances at you and asks, "Are these the ones giving martial arts a bad name?"

The look in her eyes indicate just a few words and she'll rip these idiots to shreds.

Daimonji is oblivious.
"I'm pretty sure they give a *lot* of things a bad name, but in my opinion they're not really worth the effort," I tell her quietly.
Kelenas
Kelenas

Back to top Go down

Post by WatcherVoid Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:07 pm

Brian Boru wrote:Heh watch out for crazy, awesome, and boobies....sweet sweet boobies....
OOC: The artist for the series does have a talent for drawing them.  Wink 
If you say that out loud she flushes like a fire-hydrant.
I know better then to let every quip out of my mouth.

" Cheer up a bit, just as you practiced until it was second nature to you. Am sure that find a way to control it. "

I give her a light smile to help encourage her.
She's glad to meet you.  She also mentions that she's had a little training and her grandpa has taught her a few tricks in the past.  As you talk you notice the ringing of the warning bell of the school, you're going to be late!
Wiping my head in the direction of the school " Oh hell, we're going to be late! Lets go. If you know any short cuts it would be nice. "
WatcherVoid
WatcherVoid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum