Giant Stompy Robots
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Keeper's Quest

+18
Militia Productions
mithril-blade
Wing101
Silver Sun 17
EagleBlue
Carrnage
Godogma
bzzt3421
Zeitgeist
Rieverre
ShaperV
Deathwings
Robotninja
Brian Boru
ReinZero
Ironforge
Kelenas
Psyckosama
22 posters

Page 29 of 29 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 27, 28, 29

Go down

Keeper's Quest - Page 29 Empty Re: Keeper's Quest

Post by Psyckosama Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:16 am

Silver Sun 17 wrote:dark grey on slightly less dark gray right now for me.
Strange. I'm, getting black on white.

Psyckosama
Admin

https://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:39 am

Seth exited the portal to Skidrow in a small burst of energy. He’d never get used to the sensation, it was like flushing a toilet where you were the turd, then having to drag your swirly haired ass out of the bowl on the other end... but it was fast and that said a lot. Until he was properly overlord of this town, he’d just have to deal. Then he could use Keeper teleportation, which was even more disorienting. Part of him had been tempted to use the Portal Gem, but he needed to play at being a simple commuter. He didn’t wasn’t to seem at all suspicious, after all, to call the inhabitants of the underworld ‘paranoid’ was like saying that Genghis Khan was fond of the ladies. Technically accurate but understatement to the point of parody.

Simply being around sometimes and not at others would create questions. Being shown to enter via the portal would hint that he probably knew some teleportation magic and has a recall point. Impressive spellwork, hinting at a capable mage, but in no way truly exceptional and thus dangerous.

He’d left the charms behind as he could simply recall them to him with his Keeper powers and dragging around a huge sack of necklaces like a younger, leaner, somewhat evil version of Santa might be something of a tip off that something was up.

Seth smiled and looked up to the guards who watched the portal. For their part they were rather professional in their bearing. Or at least were as much so as a rag tag group of slovenly Orcs could pull off. He had to admit their swiftness at opening the gate was also pleasing to the eye.

They probably remembered the last asshole who tried to bar his way. Easy to do when there were still scorch marks.

His trip to the bar was rather quick and uninterrupted. He had to admit, sitting on his throne and lording felt good. Really good... made him feel like an authority and not just some dimensionally displaced college kid. He was a Dungeon Keeper, a bonafide immortal evil overlord with theoretically unlimited power. Now, he wasn’t going to be chaotic stupid, and he’d have to follow The List, but in general... yeah... he could get used to it. After all, absolute power is kinda neat and the whole Harem thing was kind of a blast.

Or maybe that was why he was so smug and introspective. For the first time in his life he was what you could call ‘oversexed’ and he had to say, it was a beautiful thing.

Either way, people down here seemed to notice when someone powerful walked past, and they tended to react it a predictable manner. That being getting the hell out of the way.

Yeah. He could really get used to this.

He entered the bar without complaint and as expected Gellor was tending bar, but sadly Nati was no where to be found. Annoying because he’d specifically asked for her.

Unlike last time, the bar was also pretty highly occupied so from the looks of things he’d have to play a little game. So he walked up to the bar.

“Ah, Gellor,” he said with a smile. “How are you doing today?”

“Fine, Seth,” he replied, “So boyo, what’s your poison.”

“Something top shelf and with just enough kick to take the edge off,” Seth replied with a cheeky grin.

Gellor smiled playfully. “You sure you can afford it.”

“You know I can, just put it on my tab...” He paused for a moment, then added, “And put in a clean glass.”

There was a whistle from one of the regulars. “Wow, the good stuff in a clean glass and he’s sayin’ to put it on his tab? Damn boys, we got a real regular VIP here! So what’s a all important pureblood like you doin’ with the likes of us? Because I don’t see any points on those ears... think you might be in the wrong bar.”

So, how do you handle this? Talk him down? Vaporize him? Let Gellor handle it? Answer quick!

OOC I know its a short post, trying to ease myself back into it. The break has given me a fresh perspective and new ideas.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun 17 Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:50 am

Psyckosama wrote:

So, how do you handle this? Talk him down? Vaporize him? Let Gellor handle it? Answer quick!

OOC I know its a short post, trying to ease myself back into it. The break has given me a fresh perspective and new ideas.
[x] "He one of yours Gellor?"
-[x] if he is: quietly "You really want to cause trouble with the Mongrel's new backer?" while giving him a raised eyebrow. if he backs down and applogizes. "I'm in a good mood so put his next drink on my tab as well Gellor."
-[x] if not check with gellor to see if he's fine us being rough then zap him in the junk and leave a coin for the healer.

Silver Sun 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Wing101 Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:06 am

\ Is it really a good idea to tell others about being the mongrels backer.
Wing101
Wing101

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun 17 Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:08 am

Wing101 wrote:\ Is it really a good idea to tell others about being the mongrels backer.
only if he is a mongrel.

Silver Sun 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Wing101 Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:45 am

Silver Sun 17 wrote:
Wing101 wrote:\ Is it really a good idea to tell others about being the mongrels backer.
only if he is a mongrel.
True enough

[x] Plan Silver Sun 17
Wing101
Wing101

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelenas Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:06 am

[x] Let Gellor handle it.

It's his bar, and one of his customers/regulars. He'll know best how to handle it, so I see know reason to fiddle around with that.
Kelenas
Kelenas

Back to top Go down

Post by Wing101 Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:42 am

Changing to this:
[x] Let Gellor handle it.
Wing101
Wing101

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:03 am

[x]Let Gellor handle it. After all, it's his place. He knows the likely consequences that would befall it should Seth get burny inside it.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathwings Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:14 am

[x]Let Gellor handle it. After all, it's his place. He knows the likely consequences that would befall it should Seth get burny inside it.
Deathwings
Deathwings

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:52 am

Seth sighed and internally debated his options. Okay, this idiot who probably had a bit too much to drink was trying to start a fight that he couldn’t win against someone who could even just from the looks of him, set his ass on fire in about 15 different ways. That was assuming that Seth wanted to go there.

Frankly, murdering a man, a loud mouth idiot drink was not something Seth was prepared to do. Self-defense? Yes. Making an example of morons who played whack-a-mole with the proverbial dragon’s testicles. A tentative yes. Killing a drunken half-orc who was running hot on a half-tank of booze, a lifetime of racial persecution, and probably a set of daddy issues that could have any two-bit shrink set for life? No, he really wasn’t feeling it.

He sighed deeply and dramatically before giving Gellor a tired, put upon look. The kind that said “Please deal with this idiot before I’m forced to set him on fire”.

Gellor, being someone who had lived and thrived his entire life in the underworld, picked up on it instantaneously.

“Sit the hell down, Kav, before I throw your ass out...”

“Huh?” The Half-orc blinked. “Hey! You’d chose this pureblood over one of your own?”

“This human is a good personal friend of mine. And the reason he gets top shelf on tab is because I know he’s got the gold to back it up.”

“But...”

Gellor sighed. “Kav, lets just drop the bullshit. What do you think Tesha would do to you if she found out you were fuckin’ with her Sugar Daddy?”

All color drained from the Half-orc’s face. “Wait, what?”

“Thats right. And for the record, and I’m sayin’ this as a friend... pay more attention to whom you decide to fuck with. Man’s a mage, and an obvious one at that. Tesha’s told me how strong he is and I gotta say, even I wouldn’t want to fuck with him without some serious backup.”

A slight hush went across the room as the idea that the leader of the Mongrels wouldn’t want to challenge Seth unaided made its way through their heads.

Now, Seth was a bit mixed at this. First, it brought attention to him. That’s bad. Second, it made him look like a badass. That’s good. It could hit to the others that he was a Keeper. That’s bad. It also could hint to him simply being a powerful mage who set up in the area. That’s good.

He’d have to see how things worked out.

Seth simply smiled and looked at Gellor. “So, top shelf, clean glass... and add a round for the boys as well.”

There was a slight cheer from the crowd. Well, most of them. Kav still looked like he was staring into the eyes of death.

“Oh, do relax. I’m not going to kill you...” he paused and then added, “And neither is Tesha.”

The Half-Orc nearly deflated with relief before skulking off to a corner to avoid the mocking gaze of the others.

Whats the agenda now?

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelenas Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:00 pm

Deliver the charms we enchanted, and talk with Nati, I think. While trying to hit on her a bit.
Kelenas
Kelenas

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathwings Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:51 pm

It's been months, so I think I'm going to take the time to reread the last couple of updates before making any grand plan for now.
Deathwings
Deathwings

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelenas Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:44 pm

Well, to copy-paste from the original plan (with some edits to account for grammar):

[x] Deliver the enchanted Charms to the Mongrels.
 - [x] And use the time to mack on Tesha’s sister (how?)

- - [x] First talk shop with her about what the Mongrels need, and the possibility of stealing equipment for them on the surface, to avoid drawing too much attention to the Mongrels that buying large amounts of good equipment might. Afterwards, see about spending some time with her hanging out in town; getting something to eat and drink, getting to know her better, and so on.
Kelenas
Kelenas

Back to top Go down

Post by Wing101 Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:25 pm

[x] Deliver the enchanted Charms to the Mongrels.
- [x] And use the time to mack on Tesha’s sister (how?)
- - [x] First talk shop with her about what the Mongrels need, and the possibility of stealing equipment for them on the surface, to avoid drawing too much attention to the Mongrels that buying large amounts of good equipment might. Afterwards, see about spending some time with her hanging out in town; getting something to eat and drink, getting to know her better, and so on.
Wing101
Wing101

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 29 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 27, 28, 29