Giant Stompy Robots
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus!

+2
Psyckosama
Brian Boru
6 posters

Page 13 of 34 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 23 ... 34  Next

Go down

Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus! - Page 13 Empty Re: Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus!

Post by Silver Sun 17 Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:02 am

Brian Boru wrote:
You find some of both as well.  How many do you wanna try and have?
4 throwing knives and two axes

She gives you a scowl before she continues, "Mychel was just telling me about how the two of you are going to be part of the expedition heading into the mountains today."

Mychel smiles and says, "Worry not, I'll make sure that your brother will be alright, though gods know he doesn't really need my protection."
"From what we know this should be a typical expedition, though likely it's what we don't know that will bite in in arse. As long as no one is too stupid we should be fine."

Silver Sun 17

Back to top Go down

Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus! - Page 13 Empty Re: Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus!

Post by Psyckosama Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:05 am

Brian Boru wrote:There is one, "Kenni's been dead for years and the bastard always did mutter like he had a mouth full of mush, drove everyone crazy trying t' figure out what he was saying...but dammit he was still family...hmm..."  That ring Robert has looks pretty nice.?
I look at Robert. "Any special attachment to that ring, father?"

He snorts, "Every man woman and child of the lowlands?"?
"No. Most of the people just want to live their lives like anyone else. It's the ones who make an art of kissing arse that are the problem. You probably know the kind. In the low lands its damned near an artform."

More like being fired from a catapult into the mad area.?
Have some faith....

He gives you a look then shrugs and has your party hand over their iron save for their personal weapons, the ferocious glee on the hillmens' faces is a bit disconcerting and more than one man's fingers twitch towards their side arms.?
I do mention to robert that I find that strange. The mountains are full of Iron.

"....."  Is his response.
"It's why I come off as so odd. I never forget. It's why I take insults to my honor so seriously... among other things... I literally don't forget a slight. I can't. I can forgive... sometimes... but not forget."

He nearly falls over laughing at that.
I chuckle.

A few days later a message is sent asking for the two of you to come meet the leaders of the painted dogs near where you fought with them.  Bring only 10 men with you else this will be seen as an act of war.?
Lets take our 10 best men and go. All the badasses among us.

Psyckosama
Admin

https://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:10 am

Silver Sun 17 wrote:4 throwing knives and two axes
And done

"From what we know his should be a typical expedition, though likely it's what we don't know that will bite in in arse. As long as no one is too stupid we should be fine."
"I'll still pray for the both of you." She promises.

Anything else you wish to do right quick? Otherwise roll a d100

Psyckosama wrote:I look at Robert. "Any special attachment to that ring, father?"
"Not really." He takes the ring off and tosses it to the man like someone flipping a coin.

"No. Most of the people just want to live their lives like anyone else. It's the ones who make an art of kissing arse that are the problem. You probably know the kind. In the low lands its damned near an artform."
The bile and disgust he oozes when he spits to the side is sign enough.

Have some faith....
He's starting to.

I do mention to robert that I find that strange. The mountains are full of Iron.
He's no expert but Iron mining isn't exactly all that easy.

"It's why I come off as so odd. I never forget. It's why I take insults to my honor so seriously... among other things... I literally don't forget a slight. I can't. I can forgive... sometimes... but not forget."
He's....unsure how to respond to that.

Lets take our 10 best men and go. All the badasses among us.
You manage to gather 10 of the best hedge knights and crownlander guards you can find, they seem fierce enough that you feel confident that they might actually stand a chance against a king's guard seven from their glory days.

You ride up into the mountains all is silent for a while at the meeting place. Then at the edge of your hearing you hear footsteps, many footsteps, at least 30. Coming from the passes are men with painted faces and dog motifs on their shields and small pennants that one or two carry with them. Here come the prominent men of the painted dogs clan one of the bigger clans in the mountains.

The oldest and fiercest of them. A big bear of a man that rivals your father in size and strength strides forward and looks the both of you up and down. "A fat oaf and a stripling, these are the men who are the masters of the lowlanders then? I am Ghent son of Gunthor chief of the Painted dogs. What might be your names?"

Robert tenses up and looks ready to explode right then and there.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:28 am

Brian Boru wrote:"Not really."  He takes the ring off and tosses it to the man like someone flipping a coin.
I smile.

The bile and disgust he oozes when he spits to the side is sign enough.
He's starting to.
He's no expert but Iron mining isn't exactly all that easy.
Mining is easy. It's smelting it into something usable that's hard.

He's....unsure how to respond to that.
"I'm not mad. Just... different. The gods have seen fit to bless and curse me in equal measure."

You manage to gather 10 of the best hedge knights and crownlander guards you can find, they seem fierce enough that you feel confident that they might actually stand a chance against a king's guard seven from their glory days.
Nice.

You ride up into the mountains all is silent for a while at the meeting place.  Then at the edge of your hearing you hear footsteps, many footsteps, at least 30.  Coming from the passes are men with painted faces and dog motifs on their shields and small pennants that one or two carry with them.  Here come the prominent men of the painted dogs clan one of the bigger clans in the mountains.

The oldest and fiercest of them.  A big bear of a man that rivals your father in size and strength strides forward and looks the both of you up and down.  "A fat oaf and a stripling, these are the men who are the masters of the lowlanders then?  I am Ghent son of Gunthor chief of the Painted dogs.  What might be your names?"

Robert tenses up and looks ready to explode right then and there.
I put a hand on my father's shoulder, "He's testing us and trying to get us to throw the first blow. Don't let his barking get to you"

If he wishes I'll introduce me to.

Then I outline my plan. Basically recognize their ownership of the mountains, and make a agreement of alliance and oaths of friendship. We will arrange for them to be sent experts to train them in how to get the wealth of the mountains... gold, silver, jewels, tin, copper, iron... all the bounty the old gods have hidden into these hills. Then they can trade it across the lands and simply buy what they wish. The wealth of the mountains will give them the tools needed to make it so their children and women are safer, and if their young warriors need to prove their worth then they can fight for honor and wealth, to show the world the strength of the unbowed rather than simple survival.

We all have the opportunity to, working together, come out of this greater than we entered.

While I am not able to promises the obedience of all my father's subordinates, we will punish any and all who act in bad faith. And I'm willing to swear to the honesty of my words and intentions with my blood before the eyes of the Old Gods.

And if he makes any sarcastic comments about the seven, yes, I venerate the seven as is due to all gods, but I give the majority of my faith to the Old Gods.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:26 am

Brian Boru wrote:Well you're 300 SS richer and men are congratulating you and offering you a beer later on.
I make note of who the other finalist was. Might be good to know, for eventual future recruitment.

As you get closer the man he still doesn't move or react, then you see him take in a breath, he's alive, though why he hasn't moved you're not sure.  Do you touch him?
Once I notice he's breathing, I stop and ask if the would like me to call the physician. If he does not reply, I do so, as well as calling for the judge. What I don't do is touch him. I don't want to be accused of tampering with the other contestants. Hmm. Did the shield hit his helmet when I hit it 'a little high'? If the angle was right and his helmet/armor isn't quite custom fitted, I might have KOed him.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun 17 Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:45 pm

rolling

Silver Sun 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:45 pm

The member 'Silver Sun 17' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd100' : 77

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:55 am

Psyckosama wrote:Mining is easy. It's smelting it into something usable that's hard.
Then his statement still stands.

"I'm not mad. Just... different. The gods have seen fit to bless and curse me in equal measure."
"Indeed lad."

I put a hand on my father's shoulder, "He's testing us and trying to get us to throw the first blow. Don't let his barking get to you"
He tenses for a moment, then finally relaxes again.

He nods, "Go ahead lad."

Then I outline my plan. Basically recognize their ownership of the mountains, and make a agreement of alliance and oaths of friendship. We will arrange for them to be sent experts to train them in how to get the wealth of the mountains... gold, silver, jewels, tin, copper, iron... all the bounty the old gods have hidden into these hills. Then they can trade it across the lands and simply buy what they wish. The wealth of the mountains will give them the tools needed to make it so their children and women are safer, and if their young warriors need to prove their worth then they can fight for honor and wealth, to show the world the strength of the unbowed rather than simple survival.

We all have the opportunity to, working together, come out of this greater than we entered.

While I am not able to promises the obedience of all my father's subordinates, we will punish any and all who act in bad faith. And I'm willing to swear to the honesty of my words and intentions with my blood before the eyes of the Old Gods.

And if he makes any sarcastic comments about the seven, yes, I venerate the seven as is due to all gods, but I give the majority of my faith to the Old Gods.
The old man stands there silent for a while, then he nods and turns to the others and then they speak. Or rather they all but roar at each other. The arguments come hot and heavy and they quickly get into each other's faces and even begin shoving each other but finally the older man finally browbeats the others into agreeing with him. He then turns back to you and says, "We agree."

Now how to make good on those promises?

Rieverre wrote:I make note of who the other finalist was. Might be good to know, for eventual future recruitment.
A fella name Gerren from the Westerlands.

Once I notice he's breathing, I stop and ask if the would like me to call the physician. If he does not reply, I do so, as well as calling for the judge. What I don't do is touch him. I don't want to be accused of tampering with the other contestants. Hmm. Did the shield hit his helmet when I hit it 'a little high'? If the angle was right and his helmet/armor isn't quite custom fitted, I might have KOed him.
He doesn't respond and the physician is called in. Apparently the guy was knocked out cold the instant after the hit, he's just got a stupendous sense of balance and good legs.

Silver Sun 17 wrote:77
All's silent for a long while, then the silence is broken by rocks, arrows, and other darts flying from cover. Then rushing down the hillside comes rushing a 70 strong band of hillmen, Sons of the Mist if you're right about their markings.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:57 am

Brian Boru wrote:Then his statement still stands.
Just sayin'...

"Indeed lad."
"Bloody useful though when its not being bloody infuriating."

He tenses for a moment, then finally relaxes again.
Smile.

He nods, "Go ahead lad."

The old man stands there silent for a while, then he nods and turns to the others and then they speak.  Or rather they all but roar at each other.  The arguments come hot and heavy and they quickly get into each other's faces and even begin shoving each other but finally the older man finally browbeats the others into agreeing with him.  He then turns back to you and says, "We agree."

Now how to make good on those promises?
As much as I hate to say it, this is the time to get the experts involved.

Do I REALLY have to draft a full economic plan for this one OOC?

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun 17 Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:02 am

Brian Boru wrote:
Silver Sun 17 wrote:77
All's silent for a long while, then the silence is broken by rocks, arrows, and other darts flying from cover.  Then rushing down the hillside comes rushing a 70 strong band of hillmen, Sons of the Mist if you're right about their markings.
the Son of mist have somewhat of a might makes right culture which means the leader should be in the first wave so... I reward the leader for his courage by planting a throwing axe in his chest. I then draw the warhammer and join the counter charge against the hillmen

Silver Sun 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:08 am

Psyckosama wrote:"Bloody useful though when its not being bloody infuriating."
Heh

As much as I hate to say it, this is the time to get the experts involved.

Do I REALLY have to draft a full economic plan for this one OOC?
The old man then pulls a knife and says, "Now to make this binding." He makes a small cut on his palm which quickly begins to ooze blood. Then he hands the knife to Robert, who seems to get the point of this and follows suit. They then swear to hold their parts of the bargain and maybe the gods strike them down otherwise.

Then the Painted Dogs turns to head back to the mountains, their leader saying, "Now...to celebrate this new bargain. Do you come with us?"

If you come along you soon find yourself in a rough camp where hundreds of painted dogs are busy cooking or eating or drinking or fighting or other types of merry-making. A pretty woman offers you a rough carved wooden bowl of what you think is booze but is so strong your eyes water.

As she turns away you notice a locket that has the mark of house http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/House_Ruthermont on it.

Your eyes flash when you realize that it's Elise Ruthermont, the only daughter and child of Lord Ruthermont who disappeared two years ago. As you stare after her you see that she quickly sits down next to a man who looks like a younger copy of the older leader you dealt with before. She then picks up a small baby and is soon nursing it.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:11 am

Brian Boru wrote:The old man then pulls a knife and says, "Now to make this binding."  He makes a small cut on his palm which quickly begins to ooze blood.    Then he hands the knife to Robert, who seems to get the point of this and follows suit.  They then swear to hold their parts of the bargain and maybe the gods strike them down otherwise.
Aye.

Then the Painted Dogs turns to head back to the mountains, their leader saying, "Now...to celebrate this new bargain.  Do you come with us?"
Up to Robert.

If you come along you soon find yourself in a rough camp where hundreds of painted dogs are busy cooking or eating or drinking or fighting or other types of merry-making.  A pretty woman offers you a rough carved wooden bowl of what you think is booze but is so strong your eyes water.
I drink.

As she turns away you notice a locket that has the mark of house http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/House_Ruthermont  on it.

Your eyes flash when you realize that it's Elise Ruthermont, the only daughter and child of Lord Ruthermont who disappeared two years ago.  As you stare after her you see that she quickly sits down next to a man who looks like a younger copy of the older leader you dealt with before.  She then picks up a small baby and is soon nursing it.
I look over think for a moment and then speak up. "Well, this adds a level of complication to the matter. Elise there is the daughter and only child of Lord Ruthermont. If those two are wed in the eyes of the gods, then your grandchild is the heir to a noble house."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:31 am

Brian Boru wrote:A fella name Gerren from the Westerlands.
Noted. Anyway, I collect my winnings and head back. Did Ser Martyn bet anything, and if so, how much was his take?

He doesn't respond and the physician is called in.  Apparently the guy was knocked out cold the instant after the hit, he's just got a stupendous sense of balance and good legs.
Okay, now that is impressive. So, is it my win, or does this mean we're going again after the guy is conscious? If it's the former, I go wait for my next tilt. Maybe eat and drink something in the interim.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:24 am

Silver Sun 17 wrote:the Son of mist have somewhat of a might makes right culture which means the leader should be in the first wave so... I reward the leader for his courage by planting a throwing axe in his chest. I then draw the warhammer and join the counter charge against the hillmen
You spot what you THINK might be the leader and plant an ax in his chest, killing him quickly but it doesn't seem to stop the charge and the bastards keep coming. Scanning the group you spot another oversized individual who HAS to be the leader, only problem is that you can't get a clear shot at him from here.

Well that isn't too much of a problem with your hammer. Unlimbering the hammer, you quickly carve a swath of destruction that leaves shattered bodies behind in your wake. Soon you meet with the leader himself who roars that he's going to kill you, whelp.

However, despite his ferocity, he only lasts about 4 blows before he goes down.

That seems to shatter the hill men and they run. Do you give chase?

Psyckosama wrote:Up to Robert.
He agrees to it though he amazingly asks that everyone watch their liquor, just in case.

I drink.
It ain't HORRIBLE, but its real purpose is getting folks drunk, you still cough hard. You take heart from the fact that most men fall over they cough so hard or they retch.

I look over think for a moment and then speak up. "Well, this adds a level of complication to the matter. Elise there is the daughter and only child of Lord Ruthermont. If those two are wed in the eyes of the gods, then your grandchild is the heir to a noble house."
He raises an eye, "She noble? Didn't know that, all I knew was Ghent leaving for a few weeks and him coming back with that pretty thing. If she were kidnapped then she never make no noise about, seemed downright happy to be here seemed to most of us."

Rieverre wrote:Noted. Anyway, I collect my winnings and head back. Did Ser Martyn bet anything, and if so, how much was his take?
250 SS

Okay, now that is impressive. So, is it my win, or does this mean we're going again after the guy is conscious? If it's the former, I go wait for my next tilt. Maybe eat and drink something in the interim.
It's your win, though since he kept his seat he doesn't loose his gear.

You've got a while before your next joust. As you head to your spot, a man with the sigil for house, http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/House_Beesbury is seen following you, hoping for a chance to speak with you.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:51 am

Brian Boru wrote:He agrees to it though he amazingly asks that everyone watch their liquor, just in case.
I smile at that.

It ain't HORRIBLE, but its real purpose is getting folks drunk, you still cough hard.  You take heart from the fact that most men fall over they cough so hard or they retch.
I'm not getting drunk but I'll enjoy myself. "Father, don't we have some wine on the horses? Lets add to the celebration and give them a taste of the fruits trade brings."

He raises an eye, "She noble?  Didn't know that, all I knew was Ghent leaving for a few weeks and him coming back with that pretty thing.  If she were kidnapped then she never make no noise about, seemed downright happy to be here seemed to most of us."
"Well, we'll have to talk to her but with peace between our and with them being properly wed in the eyes of the old gods... She's free to travel and return according to her wishes..." I pause, "Well, technically her husband's wishes but honestly between us I favor your peoples treatment of women more than our own. While I'm not so fond of the kidnapping aspect, I do admit, I do find much more honesty in the idea that a man can have a knife or an unhappy bride, but not both. The fact you allow your children to marry for love is an ideal to me."

I make sure to mention who she is to robert and mention that she seems happy and they're wed according to the ways of the old gods.

After that chat I go over to the couple. "Ghent... Elise... How are you two?"

I look at the child. "He's a handsome boy... though there is an issue that needs to be mentioned. I understand you to be wed in the Old Ways that makes your son legally your father's heir. I'm not going to force you to do anything, as that would not be honorable and would be against the spirit of our peace, but it might be wise to consider a course of action since with hostilities ended and the nature of the treaty there is going to be increased contact between our peoples."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:34 am

Brian Boru wrote:250 SS
I congratulate him on his windfall as an aside. ^^

It's your win, though since he kept his seat he doesn't loose his gear.

You've got a while before your next joust.  As you head to your spot, a man with the sigil for house, http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/House_Beesbury   is seen following you, hoping for a chance to speak with you.
I'll take a moment and wait after I've gotten to my spot (I assume my tent is there also) and dismounted, letting him catch up. Needless to say, I don't take off my hood and helmet as that would rather defeat the point. Let's see what he wants.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun 17 Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:55 pm

Brian Boru wrote:
Silver Sun 17 wrote:the Son of mist have somewhat of a might makes right culture which means the leader should be in the first wave so... I reward the leader for his courage by planting a throwing axe in his chest. I then draw the warhammer and join the counter charge against the hillmen
You spot what you THINK might be the leader and plant an ax in his chest, killing him quickly but it doesn't seem to stop the charge and the bastards keep coming.  Scanning the group you spot another oversized individual who HAS to be the leader, only problem is that you can't get a clear shot at him from here.

Well that isn't too much of a problem with your hammer.  Unlimbering the hammer, you quickly carve a swath of destruction that leaves shattered bodies behind in your wake.  Soon you meet with the leader himself who roars that he's going to kill you, whelp.

However, despite his ferocity, he only lasts about 4 blows before he goes down.

That seems to shatter the hill men and they run.  Do you give chase?

I draw my other throwing weapons and throw them into the mist men before I give chase.

Silver Sun 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:23 am

Psyckosama wrote:I smile at that.
heh

[quote]I'm not getting drunk but I'll enjoy myself. "Father, don't we have some wine on the horses? Lets add to the celebration and give them a taste of the fruits trade brings."[quote]

There is some wine and it's greatly appreciated by everyone involved.

"Well, we'll have to talk to her but with peace between our and with them being properly wed in the eyes of the old gods... She's free to travel and return according to her wishes..." I pause, "Well, technically her husband's wishes but honestly between us I favor your peoples treatment of women more than our own. While I'm not so fond of the kidnapping aspect, I do admit, I do find much more honesty in the idea that a man can have a knife or an unhappy bride, but not both. The fact you allow your children to marry for love is an ideal to me."
He snorts at that.

I make sure to mention who she is to robert and mention that she seems happy and they're wed according to the ways of the old gods.
....gods this'll be a pain in the ass...

After that chat I go over to the couple. "Ghent... Elise... How are you two?"
Her eyes widen in horror when you recognize her.

I look at the child. "He's a handsome boy... though there is an issue that needs to be mentioned. I understand you to be wed in the Old Ways that makes your son legally your father's heir. I'm not going to force you to do anything, as that would not be honorable and would be against the spirit of our peace, but it might be wise to consider a course of action since with hostilities ended and the nature of the treaty there is going to be increased contact between our peoples."
That makes the girl tense up so badly she looks like she's about to pull a muscle, and her eyes tear up. Ghent looks ready to strike you.

"Please don't let my father know where I am.......please...

Rieverre wrote:I congratulate him on his windfall as an aside. ^^
He thanks you and says he plans on celebrating once he's out of the tournament.

I'll take a moment and wait after I've gotten to my spot (I assume my tent is there also) and dismounted, letting him catch up. Needless to say, I don't take off my hood and helmet as that would rather defeat the point. Let's see what he wants.
He bows and greets you, then he goes into his spiel, his master, Lord Beesbury, would like to invite you to dine with him once this tournament is over. That's Layman for, "I'm interested in having you join my household as a sworn sword."

Silver Sun 17 wrote:I draw my other throwing weapons and throw them into the mist men before I give chase.
Other men go down, and then you run after them, actually catching up to several and killing them with a single blow each. Eventually though they manage to hop onto small rangy garrons that quickly disappear into the mountains and beyond your reach. You turn back to the others who are all staring at you in slight amazement.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun 17 Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:26 am

Brian Boru wrote:
Other men go down, and then you run after them, actually catching up to several and killing them with a single blow each.  Eventually though they manage to hop onto small rangy garrons that quickly disappear into the mountains and beyond your reach.  You turn back to the others who are all staring at you in slight amazement.
"What?" I ask as i blink in apparent confusion.[/quote]

Last edited by Silver Sun 17 on Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:33 am; edited 1 time in total

Silver Sun 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:34 am

Brian Boru wrote:There is some wine and it's greatly appreciated  by everyone involved.
Yeah!

He snorts at that.
Don't know how to take it.

....gods this'll be a pain in the ass...
"I agree. Need to handle it gently, though I think we should leave them here. This is the first chance at peace in literally thousands of years and lets not let some peevish old man bugger things up."

Her eyes widen in horror when you recognize her.
"Relax."

That makes the girl tense up so badly she looks like she's about to pull a muscle, and her eyes tear up.  Ghent looks ready to strike you.
"Relax, both of you."

"Please don't let my father know where I am.......please...
"We're not going to send you back and we're not going to let him take your back. Your legally wed to the son of the clan chieftan, and more importantly to me, you're happy and I will not spoil that. If your father thinks for a damned second that he's going to endanger the first inkling of peace since the Andels crossed the Narrow Sea, then your son might be inheriting those titles a whole lot sooner than expected..."

I pause and almost kick myself. "Blast it. Pardon me for being rude. I'm Prince Eddard Baratheon... it's an honor Lady Elise. So please explain the situation because even if we don't mention it, with greater trade eventually someone else will spot you and that someone will not be as favorably inclined as myself"

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:22 am

Brian Boru wrote:He thanks you and says he plans on celebrating once he's out of the tournament.
Capital idea. After all we've been through to get this far, I imagine we're entitled to a bit of relaxation once we're done.

He bows and greets you, then he goes into his spiel, his master, Lord Beesbury, would like to invite you to dine with him once this tournament is over.  That's Layman for, "I'm interested in having you join my household as a sworn sword."
I tell him to give his master my compliments and I would certainly not say no to a spot of discussion, once the tournament is over. I'm polite, but take care to keep my phrasing neutral. After all, it would be wise to commit to anything just yet, before I've explored all my options.

Who's my next opponent? Or is that it for the day? If not, I'll spend the time sitting in the shade of my tent and people-watching, waiting for my next tilt and chewing the fat with little sister. ^^
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:29 am

Silver Sun 17 wrote:"What?" I ask as i blink in apparent confusion.
...."Lad...you just killed 30 men out here....this...this was your first battle......"

Psyckosama wrote:"I agree. Need to handle it gently, though I think we should leave them here. This is the first chance at peace in literally thousands of years and lets not let some peevish old man bugger things up."
He snorts at that.

"Relax."
She does a hair

"Relax, both of you."
"Why should we?" Ghent all but snarls.

"We're not going to send you back and we're not going to let him take your back. Your legally wed to the son of the clan chieftan, and more importantly to me, you're happy and I will not spoil that. If your father thinks for a damned second that he's going to endanger the first inkling of peace since the Andels crossed the Narrow Sea, then your son might be inheriting those titles a whole lot sooner than expected..."
The two of them stare at you in amazement. "Who are you?"

I pause and almost kick myself. "Blast it. Pardon me for being rude. I'm Prince Eddard Baratheon... it's an honor Lady Elise. So please explain the situation because even if we don't mention it, with greater trade eventually someone else will spot you and that someone will not be as favorably inclined as myself"
"...But isn't the oldest Prince named Joffery...and I heard he was blonde of hair...."

What had happened was that Ghent had a case of the wanderlust and decided to descend from the mountains. He'd gone through the Vale, keeping his head down and looking around until he came across Elise, it was apparently love at first sight. He got a position as a stable hand at her father's keep and apparently they had one hell of a passionate affair. Unfortunately her father was setting her up to marry some old crony of her GRANDFATHER! When she protested her father slapped down any objections literally.

So in an act of desperation the two lovers made a run for it and didn't stop until they got back to the mountains. Ghent left behind some ratty fur clothing as well as some flint weapons to make it seem like Hillmen ran off with her.

They made their vows under a Weirwood and here they are now.

Rieverre wrote:Capital idea. After all we've been through to get this far, I imagine we're entitled to a bit of relaxation once we're done.
No kidding.

I tell him to give his master my compliments and I would certainly not say no to a spot of discussion, once the tournament is over. I'm polite, but take care to keep my phrasing neutral. After all, it would be wise to commit to anything just yet, before I've explored all my options.
He bows and says that he will look for you once the tournament is over.

Who's my next opponent? Or is that it for the day? If not, I'll spend the time sitting in the shade of my tent and people-watching, waiting for my next tilt and chewing the fat with little sister. ^^
You've got two more rounds today.

The next one you're up against is a big bull of a man, from house Crakehall. He curses out his squire before he slams his visor down, something about him being too slow. The kid looks a little jittery, like he's terrified of the man.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun 17 Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:39 am

Brian Boru wrote:
Silver Sun 17 wrote:"What?" I ask as i blink in apparent confusion.
...."Lad...you just killed 30 men out here....this...this was your first battle......"

"Oh... I wasn't keeping track of kills." I turned and took a good look over the battlefeild. "I think I'm..." I fail to finish the sentence as clamp my legs on the horse, lean over and empty my stomach.

"How many did we lose?"

Silver Sun 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:49 am

Brian Boru wrote:He snorts at that.
"What?" :p

She does a hair
Friendly smile.

"Why should we?"  Ghent all but snarls.
"Because you'll distress yourselves unduely."

The two of them stare at you in amazement.  "Who are you?"
Which leads to the second paragraph.

"...But isn't the oldest Prince named Joffery...and I heard he was blonde of hair...."
I assume all of this is public knowlidge

"He was. I was born Eddard Stone, eldest of the king's bastards. I went to King's Landing to celebrate in a Torny and hopefully impress my father. Needless to say things went out of control and the queen attempted to have my father assassinated and soon after it was exposed that stupid bitch had made a cuckloid of the king. For my part in exposing her evils I was legitimized and he declared my his rightful heir."

What had happened was that Ghent had a case of the wanderlust and decided to descend from the mountains.  He'd gone through the Vale, keeping his head down and looking around until he came across Elise, it was apparently love at first sight.  He got a position as a stable hand at her father's keep and apparently they had one hell of a passionate affair.
Good for them... I look pleased.

Unfortunately her father was setting her up to marry some old crony of her GRANDFATHER!  When she protested her father slapped down any objections literally.
Then I look displeased.

So in an act of desperation the two lovers made a run for it and didn't stop until they got back to the mountains.  Ghent left behind some ratty fur clothing as well as some flint weapons to make it seem like Hillmen ran off with her.

They made their vows under a Weirwood and here they are now.
"You have nothing to fear and if he tries anything stupid, well, it was pure self defense as you are rightfully and lawfully wed in the eyes of the gods and if he doesn't like it he can stuff it. You are man and wife and if your father has any complaints, frankly, he can marry the old bastard himself," I look a her, "And if he attempts to lay hands on you again then I give your husband leave to beat him within an inch of his life."

I smile. "Though you could make this beneficial for your new family. They will need someone who is versed in the way of lowlanders to make sure they don't get ripped off. I'll try and get some maesters who are skilled in the ways of lowlander commerce to aid you, but even then, it will behoove you to have a well lovely bred lady to help smooth ruffled feathers... its easy for those small minded pillocks to dismiss," I make the finger qoutes, "'Flee bitten Hillmen', but a noble born daughter of a landed house? That is language they can't help but listen to. You my dear, are a treasure who could be worth more than her weight in gold, if you are willing to stand."

I give a warm, friendly, and sincere smile. "And if your father has a brain in his head, he will suck it up, and do his best to get the most out of your union..."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:09 am

Brian Boru wrote:You've got two more rounds today.

The next one you're up against is a big bull of a man, from house Crakehall.  He curses out his squire before he slams his visor down, something about him being too slow.  The kid looks a little jittery, like he's terrified of the man.
This'll be fun, then. No holding back here, let's break some lances. And quite possibly my enemy as well. I'll angle my shield to try and let his blow brush past/off it as it hits and take whatever power I can from that to turn into momentum for my lance.

Being righteous, even self-righteous, is a bit like a drug and tends to feel good. Time to get the good feels rolling. ^^
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:24 am

Silver Sun 17 wrote:"Oh... I wasn't keeping track of kills." I turned and took a good look over the battlefeild. "I think I'm..." I fail to finish the sentence as clamp my legs on the horse, lean over and empty my stomach.
A couple of whispy chuckles with no real force behind them can be heard but eventually, Martyn comes over and claps your back, "Easy lad easy, just ride it out."

"How many did we lose?"
"None that won't eventually recover, you did incredible out there lad. I think Ser Rodrick would like to hear about this."

Psyckosama wrote:"What?" :p
He just gives you a look and leaves it at that.

Friendly smile.
It calms her a bit more.

"Because you'll distress yourselves unduely."
That confuses him, why shouldn't they be distressed?

I assume all of this is public knowlidge
It is.

"He was. I was born Eddard Stone, eldest of the king's bastards. I went to King's Landing to celebrate in a Torny and hopefully impress my father. Needless to say things went out of control and the queen attempted to have my father assassinated and soon after it was exposed that stupid bitch had made a cuckloid of the king. For my part in exposing her evils I was legitimized and he declared my his rightful heir."
The girl just stares in numb shock at that little story, while Ghent chuckles at how ballsy you are.

"You have nothing to fear and if he tries anything stupid, well, it was pure self defense as you are rightfully and lawfully wed in the eyes of the gods and if he doesn't like it he can stuff it. You are man and wife and if your father has any complaints, frankly, he can marry the old bastard himself," I look a her, "And if he attempts to lay hands on you again then I give your husband leave to beat him within an inch of his life."

I smile. "Though you could make this beneficial for your new family. They will need someone who is versed in the way of lowlanders to make sure they don't get ripped off. I'll try and get some maesters who are skilled in the ways of lowlander commerce to aid you, but even then, it will behoove you to have a well lovely bred lady to help smooth ruffled feathers... its easy for those small minded pillocks to dismiss," I make the finger qoutes, "'Flee bitten Hillmen', but a noble born daughter of a landed house? That is language they can't help but listen to. You my dear, are a treasure who could be worth more than her weight in gold, if you are willing to stand."

I give a warm, friendly, and sincere smile. "And if your father has a brain in his head, he will suck it up, and do his best to get the most out of your union..."
The two stare in numb shock...finally the young girl bows, "Thank you my prince, you...you are kinder than I could have imagined."

Ghent just says that he likes you, he also likes the idea of the Painted dogs being richer and stronger than any other clan in the mountains. He likes it a great deal.

The girl is silent for a little while. "Would you be kind enough to escort me and my family back to my home. I want to see my mother again, I miss her..."

Rieverre wrote:This'll be fun, then. No holding back here, let's break some lances. And quite possibly my enemy as well. I'll angle my shield to try and let his blow brush past/off it as it hits and take whatever power I can from that to turn into momentum for my lance.

Being righteous, even self-righteous, is a bit like a drug and tends to feel good. Time to get the good feels rolling. ^^
You ride fast and you ride hard. So does Crakehall he has inches on you and multiple stones as well as experience. The poor bastard doesn't stand a chance, he is shot off his horse like a ballista bolt and actually rolls like an iron log for a few moments before coming to a stop halfway back down the lists. Then you hear the world's most pitiful groan come from the big pile of metal.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun 17 Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:41 am

Brian Boru wrote:
A couple of whispy chuckles with no real force behind them can be heard but eventually, Martyn comes over and claps your back, "Easy lad easy, just ride it out."
"Thanks." I mutter as i remove my helmet and wipe my face clean.

"None that won't eventually recover, you did incredible out there lad.  I think Ser Rodrick would like to hear about this."
"Your right, we need to report in." I quickly go and retrive the thrown weapons I used before returning to my master's side. *skip forward to the reporting in*

Silver Sun 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:41 am

Brian Boru wrote:He just gives you a look and leaves it at that.
Okay.

It calms her a bit more.
Good.

That confuses him, why shouldn't they be distressed?
"Because there's no reason for it, of course."

The girl just stares in numb shock at that little story, while Ghent chuckles at how ballsy you are.
"Fortune favors the bold and the gods reward the just."

The two stare in numb shock...finally the young girl bows, "Thank you my prince, you...you are kinder than I could have imagined."
"No, m'lady, it is simply what any good man would have done. The pleasure was mine."

Ghent just says that he likes you, he also likes the idea of the Painted dogs being richer and stronger than any other clan in the mountains.  He likes it a great deal.
"That pleases my greatly. I grew up in the Eyre and am sad to say I met my first combat at the hands of the hill tribes," I pause, "Thankfully it was against the Burned Men. I respect you and your people but them... but I can't help but get the feeling that there's something not entirely right with those fellows... not that its much of a loss as I doubt they'll want to talk much either after I sent 14 of them to meet their forefathers."

I leave them for a moment and return with wine for the three of us. "Here's to friendship."

The girl is silent for a little while.  "Would you be kind enough to escort me and my family back to my home.  I want to see my mother again, I miss her..."
"I am not sure if that is entirely possible, plus at this juncture it might not be wise for you to enter his house. Even with me along it might make him think he can dictate terms... I instead would like to make the following offer. I will ask my father to order a raven sent instructing your father to gather your mother and come to the gates of the moon where you can meet on neutral ground. Where if he thinks of doing anything stupid, he will not be surrounded by mewing sycophants, gutless lackeys, and heavily armed bannermen."

If she likes the idea, I make the request of Robert... basically double checking that I can send the raven.

So how does our triumphant return with a treaty go?

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:08 am

Brian Boru wrote:You ride fast and you ride hard.  So does Crakehall he has inches on you and multiple stones as well as experience.  The poor bastard doesn't stand a chance, he is shot off his horse like a ballista bolt and actually rolls like an iron log for a few moments before coming to a stop halfway back down the lists.  Then you hear the world's most pitiful groan come from the big pile of metal.
Impassively turn my courser around and get back to set up for the next pass. I imagine this was a bit quick and boring for the crowds, but I'm not really into this whole pitched battle thing when it can be avoided.

How has Mya been enjoying the tournament so far and how did Ser Martyn's tilts go?
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:34 pm

Silver Sun 17 wrote:"Thanks." I mutter as i remove my helmet and wipe my face clean.
"You alright then lad? Then could you mind telling us where in the seven hells you were hiding that!"

"Your right, we need to report in." I quickly go and retrive the thrown weapons I used before returning to my master's side. *skip forward to the reporting in*
They stare a bit at you but don't comment further other than promises to buy you a drink later.

When you reach the Gates of the Moon, it's only a few minutes before you're called to Ser Rodrick.

The big grey-haired man looks you over, then asks that you tell him in your own words what you did against the Sons of the Mist.

Psyckosama wrote:"Because there's no reason for it, of course."
"You're going to need to explain that."

"Fortune favors the bold and the gods reward the just."
"Clever words there."

"No, m'lady, it is simply what any good man would have done. The pleasure was mine."
She flushes a bit at that and then Ghent looks tempted to give you a stink-eye.

"That pleases my greatly. I grew up in the Eyre and am sad to say I met my first combat at the hands of the hill tribes," I pause, "Thankfully it was against the Burned Men. I respect you and your people but them... but I can't help but get the feeling that there's something not entirely right with those fellows... not that its much of a loss as I doubt they'll want to talk much either after I sent 14 of them to meet their forefathers."
No killing burned men isn't a problem with him, bunch of mad freaks, when you say 14 in your first fight...he simplies goggles...

I leave them for a moment and return with wine for the three of us. "Here's to friendship."
They gladly take it and return the toast.

"I am not sure if that is entirely possible, plus at this juncture it might not be wise for you to enter his house. Even with me along it might make him think he can dictate terms... I instead would like to make the following offer. I will ask my father to order a raven sent instructing your father to gather your mother and come to the gates of the moon where you can meet on neutral ground. Where if he thinks of doing anything stupid, he will not be surrounded by mewing sycophants, gutless lackeys, and heavily armed bannermen."

If she likes the idea, I make the request of Robert... basically double checking that I can send the raven.
She agrees to the idea and Robert doesn't have any real a problem with it.

So how does our triumphant return with a treaty go?
Some people are amazed that you came back, more that you returned without blood, EVERYONE that you managed to sweet talk a hill clan into making an official treaty. Eddard Silver-tongue is bandied around.

A few days later a message is sent saying that the girl's lord father is coming to the Eyrie as requested. The girl and Ghent came a day later. The old Lord arrives a day after, the most cantakerous bastard you've ever met in your life.

How do you deal with this?

Rieverre wrote:Impassively turn my courser around and get back to set up for the next pass. I imagine this was a bit quick and boring for the crowds, but I'm not really into this whole pitched battle thing when it can be avoided.
Stunned shock actually, no one get's beat THAT hard. Also while Crakehall isn't the best out there he's still a skilled jouster and you mauled him like he was a 10 year old on his first pony.

How has Mya been enjoying the tournament so far and how did Ser Martyn's tilts go?
Mya: Quite well she's been laughing herself sick watching your wins.

Martyn: He lost in the third round but he's been making a killing betting on you.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 34 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 23 ... 34  Next