Giant Stompy Robots
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus!

+2
Psyckosama
Brian Boru
6 posters

Page 23 of 34 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 28 ... 34  Next

Go down

Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus! - Page 23 Empty Re: Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus!

Post by Psyckosama Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:45 pm

The member 'Silver Sun 17' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd10' : 2

Psyckosama
Admin

https://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus! - Page 23 Empty Re: Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus!

Post by Brian Boru Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:25 am

Psyckosama wrote:Good. I don't trust the Spider at all. He's his own creature with his own agenda. We need someone who is our man and shares our agenda.

Kool

"Relax. Recognizing your bastards and giving them a proper life isn't being a repeat of Aegon the Unworthy. It's just showing that you're a good man willing to take accountability for the folly of his youth. It's not like you're legitimizing the lot."

He seems to relax a hair, he seems to still be ill from the idea of fucking his own daughter by accident.

Harems > Whores Very Happy

Heh

In private if Robert ever asks me WTF, I tell him exactly that. Plus by having the children be the legitimate heirs of sonless lords it allows thier lines to continue without the threat of their names being lost.

That isn't a horrible idea, but you'd be hard pressed to let the faith accept that one.

I grin. Yeah, would be the perfect solution to hot Stormlands weather.

Muggy you mean.

I gather Tyrion and make sure he hears it from people who are sympathetic.

Kool.

For what its worth, I'm sorry... while I have no love for his daughter to put it mildly, Jamie deserved better. In my view he was a good man who was lead astray by a selfish, banal creature.

He goes stark still, his face like carved stone, no emotion whatsoever is on his face but those green eyes of his seem like caverns into the abyss. He doesn't say anything for a while before he finally says, "Thank-you for telling me personally my prince." He then leaves. A weight seems to lift when he exits the room.

And I'm sure the same can be said of Robert's laughter when he hears about it...

Indeed....you're not going to visit her to rub it in are you? Because Robert's entertaining the idea....

Anyways, what's next?

Well there are around a dozen of the best household knights competing in a melee if you're interested, Robert most definitely it.

Rieverre wrote:I could try getting fancy here, but they're probably too good at group combat for that to be effective. If at all possible, I intend to try and break out (through one of them if necessary) and continue trying to limit engagement time to one-on-one. Going to be tricky though.

rollan.

Although you get a crack on the head during the rush, you do manage to take out one of the knights in your escape. The other two chase after you, one with a smaller jabbing spear, the other with a wicked looking falchion like sword.

Silver Sun 17 wrote:Got to stay alert the moment i get cocky I will get unhorsed.

The focus must have worked as the Bracken knight is sent flying off the back of his horse like a shot. He crashes to the ground on his back, aching but alive. You've won spectacularly yet again, the crowd, including Robert, is going nuts, Cersei and Joffery, on the other hand look like they could set things on fire with the hate in their glares.

The next man is a Stormlander in the service of house Dondarrion, he looks about in his mid-30s the SLIGHT loss of speed more than made up for in experience. Roll a d10.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun 17 Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:34 am

Brian Boru wrote:

The focus must have worked as the Bracken knight is sent flying off the back of his horse like a shot.  He crashes to the ground on his back, aching but alive.  You've won spectacularly yet again, the crowd, including Robert, is going nuts, Cersei and Joffery, on the other hand look like they could set things on fire with the hate in their glares.

The next man is a Stormlander in the service of house Dondarrion, he looks about in his mid-30s the SLIGHT loss of speed more than made up for in experience.  Roll a d10.

an idea sparks in my mind as i notice Joffery's glare. right now he want's Robert's approval, i could use that to get him to turn on cersei by convincing him that she's holding him back from doing things that would gain it.

as the stromlander comes up i push those thoughts to the side and focus on the joust.

Silver Sun 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:34 am

'd10' : 7

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:01 am

Brian Boru wrote:He seems to relax a hair, he seems to still be ill from the idea of fucking his own daughter by accident.

"The seed is strong, father. Just don't fuck anyone who looks like a Baratheon and you'll be fine.

That isn't a horrible idea, but you'd be hard pressed to let the faith accept that one.

Keep in mind, I worship the Old Gods.

The faith can understand I respect them but I do not share in their beliefs. Though as long as they're willing to play ball I'll do the same.

Muggy you mean.

Both.

He goes stark still, his face like carved stone, no emotion whatsoever is on his face but those green eyes of his seem like caverns into the abyss.  He doesn't say anything for a while before he finally says, "Thank-you for telling me personally my prince."  He then leaves.  A weight seems to lift when he exits the room.

I look at Tyrion. "That went as well as could be expected."

I look a bit shamefaced. I really do feel sorry for his brother.

Indeed....you're not going to visit her to rub it in are you?  Because Robert's entertaining the idea....

I personally don't suggest it, but it would be amusing and I'm not going to deny him the chance to dig the knife in.

Well there are around a dozen of the best household knights competing in a melee if you're interested, Robert most definitely it.

I compete and I make sure that there are no attempts on my father...

Though I do talk to Tyrion. I suggest he get Amory Lorch assigned to him as a bodyguard. He'd be a perfect gift for the Tyrells and would allow him to distance himself somewhat from his fathers... negative reputation in the extreme south. Plus it would be funny to have the simple minded butcher literally deliver his own demise. I'm thinking he should be the one to present Clegane's skull to the Prince... along with a short note from you explaining who he is. Wink

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:13 am

Silver Sun 17 wrote:an idea sparks in my mind as i notice Joffery's glare. right now he want's Robert's approval, i could use that to get him to turn on cersei by convincing him that she's holding him back from doing things that would gain it.

Interesting.

as the stromlander comes up i push those thoughts to the side and focus on the joust.

7[/quote]

This time, the joust results in both of you shattering your lances, and, you think, he got off better than you. The two of you grab another pair of lances and make ready for another charge.

Roll a d10.

Psyckosama wrote:"The seed is strong, father. Just don't fuck anyone who looks like a Baratheon and you'll be fine.

Weak chuckle.

Keep in mind, I worship the Old Gods.

The faith can understand I respect them but I do not share in their beliefs. Though as long as they're willing to play ball I'll do the same.

You also don't have dragons so....

I look at Tyrion. "That went as well as could be expected."

I look a bit shamefaced. I really do feel sorry for his brother.

"I have a strong feeling that being near my father for the rest of the day would be...unhealthy... to say the least."

When he notices the remorse he assures you that his brother was always rash and daredevil-like, whatever he did was his own choice. He'll miss his brother but unless he decides to venture beyond the wall there isn't anything else that can be done.

I personally don't suggest it, but it would be amusing and I'm not going to deny him the chance to dig the knife in.

He leaves later on and returns about half an hour later, a satisfied grin on his face, if you ask he won't tell but there seems to be a joy to him that you've never seen even on the road, as if he's 20 years old and life hasn't gone to hell for him.

I compete and I make sure that there are no attempts on my father...

Roll a d100.

Though I do talk to Tyrion. I suggest he get Amory Lorch assigned to him as a bodyguard. He'd be a perfect gift for the Tyrells and would allow him to distance himself somewhat from his fathers... negative reputation in the extreme south. Plus it would be funny to have the simple minded butcher literally deliver his own demise. I'm thinking he should be the one to present Clegane's skull to the Prince... along with a short note from you explaining who he is. Wink

Martells actually...

But he'll think on it, he's heard the unofficial reports on what happened in Elia's chambers and he thinks that finishing the job just might be what is needed to help end the bad blood with the Martells, and let the family have their own pound of flesh. Messages will be sent.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun 17 Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:19 am

Brian Boru wrote:

Interesting.
going to be hard as hell though. if it works it's gonna knock the queen bitchi off balance and might get him to listen to the smarter of his uncles more then his mother in the event i can't blow his mother's infidelity into the open.

This time, the joust results in both of you shattering your lances, and, you think, he got off better than you.  The two of you grab another pair of lances and make ready for another charge.

Roll a d10.

I grin fiercely under my helmet, he might be able to push me to edge of my ability. I need to know my limits.

Silver Sun 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:19 am

'd10' : 1

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:35 am

weak chuckle.

True enough.

You also don't have dragons so....

But I will have firearms by then and one of my long term focuses will be a standing royal army so if they want to break the power of the church I will not stop them.

I'll work with them but if they cross me... I will break them. Of course, there's also the benefit I can help choose their leadership. Just need to find someone I can reason with.

"I have a strong feeling that being near my father for the rest of the day would be...unhealthy... to say the least."

"I'll warn the others."

When he notices the remorse he assures you that his brother was always rash and daredevil-like, whatever he did was his own choice.  He'll miss his brother but unless he decides to venture beyond the wall there isn't anything else that can be done.

He did venture beyond the wall. I hope he finds happiness there.

He leaves later on and returns about half an hour later, a satisfied grin on his face, if you ask he won't tell but there seems to be a joy to him that you've never seen even on the road, as if he's 20 years old and life hasn't gone to hell for him.

"It went well I take it..."

Roll a d100.

Psyckosama carried out 1 launched of one d100 :

Martells actually...

Typo.

But he'll think on it, he's heard the unofficial reports on what happened in Elia's chambers and he thinks that finishing the job just might be what is needed to help end the bad blood with the Martells, and let the family have their own pound of flesh. Messages will be sent.

Thank you. Glad you like the idea. Smile

I assume Tywin is going to figure it out almost immediately.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:06 am

Brian Boru wrote:Although you get a crack on the head during the rush, you do manage to take out one of the knights in your escape.  The other two chase after you, one with a smaller jabbing spear, the other with a wicked looking falchion like sword.

I wheel around and continue the hit and run strategy, going for the one with the spear first since I figure that if I went to the other one instead, that would only open me up to a flanking charge. This will probably happen anyway, but a spear is more dangerous in that kind of situation than a falchion. As it is, I try to slap the weapon out of alignment with either my sword or my shield, whichever is more convenient, and get close and personal with this one. A spear isn't exactly an infighter's weapon after all, and once I get past that danger zone I should be able to take care of things in relatively short order.

Then it's just a matter of the falchion-wielder.

Well, unless Gregor's finished with his end and is currently riding me down with all the fury of a psychotic mass of meat and metal.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:49 am

Silver Sun 17 wrote:going to be hard as hell though. if it works it's gonna knock the queen bitchi off balance and might get him to listen to the smarter of his uncles more then his mother in the event i can't blow his mother's infidelity into the open.

Then again he's an idiotic, savage psychopath so who knows WHAT he'll do.

I grin fiercely under my helmet, he might be able to push me to edge of my ability. I need to know my limits.

The warrior himself must have been with you as the next ride leaves his lance unbroken though that is somewhat forgotten when your opponent is sent ROCKETING off his horse actually pinwheeling in the air before he lands with a thunderous crash. The entire crowd is utterly silent, then it explodes into applause at the incredible blow you landed on the man. Robert louder than any of the others.

Psyckosama wrote:But I will have firearms by then and one of my long term focuses will be a standing royal army so if they want to break the power of the church I will not stop them.

...interesting....

I'll work with them but if they cross me... I will break them. Of course, there's also the benefit I can help choose their leadership. Just need to find someone I can reason with.

interesting....

"I'll warn the others."

They seem to already know by the time you run into them. Rumor really does move faster than the speed of light.

He did venture beyond the wall. I hope he finds happiness there.

So does Tyrion.

"It went well I take it..."

"As well as it could Son, it feels like I've had a massive weight off my soul."

None whatsoever, and by the end of it the only two left standing are you and your old man, only an infinitesimal fraction of that being someone taking a dive for the king.

Thank you. Glad you like the idea. Smile

I assume Tywin is going to figure it out almost immediately.

He does and while he doesn't want to lose another hatchet man he's FAR more willing to throw Lorch under the bus than he would have Gregor.

You know have Lorch, a slow witted brute but he'll do whatever order you give him with gusto and absolutely NO compunctions.

Rieverre wrote:I wheel around and continue the hit and run strategy, going for the one with the spear first since I figure that if I went to the other one instead, that would only open me up to a flanking charge. This will probably happen anyway, but a spear is more dangerous in that kind of situation than a falchion. As it is, I try to slap the weapon out of alignment with either my sword or my shield, whichever is more convenient, and get close and personal with this one. A spear isn't exactly an infighter's weapon after all, and once I get past that danger zone I should be able to take care of things in relatively short order.

You manage to slap away his spear and knock him insenstate, the only one left is the Falchion man and Gregor.

Then it's just a matter of the falchion-wielder.

He pulls back for a swing.

Well, unless Gregor's finished with his end and is currently riding me down with all the fury of a psychotic mass of meat and metal.

Before he can carry through a gigantic sword swipes out and knocks the Dornish man clean off his horse and now you get an understanding why Gregor is called the "Mountain" it's like a mountain falling down on you when he attacks.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:05 am

Brian Boru wrote:
interesting....

I'm no fool and I do intend to take a proper wife in good time... but honestly all I'm doing is using a Dornish tradition and applying to to Westeros at large.

I intend to do that with SEVERAL traditions. For example female inheritance.

They seem to already know by the time you run into them.  Rumor really does move faster than the speed of light.

Ah.

So does Tyrion.

And I hope Tywin does as well, in his own way.

"As well as it could Son, it feels like I've had a massive weight off my soul."

"I'm well pleased. I hope she's not being too much of a bother to the Hound. Under the scars and bitterness I believe he's a good man."

None whatsoever, and by the end of it the only two left standing are you and your old man, only an infinitesimal fraction of that being someone taking a dive for the king.  

"Well, father... its just you and me. You know I do not intend to fall lightly... these can be dangerous so lets be sure to watch our blows." I say this with an excited smile

Lets roll for it.

No matter what happens I'm humble.

If he wins I chalk it down to the wisdom and cagey nature of age still having something to teach the young.

If I win I claim it was as much luck as skill and proclaim he's the greatest opponent I've ever faced... even mightier than the mountain... as befits a true king.

He does and while he doesn't want to lose another hatchet man he's FAR more willing to throw Lorch under the bus than he would have Gregor.

He still has plenty hatchetmen. We both know the Hound does as he's told.

You know have Lorch, a slow witted brute but he'll do whatever order you give him with gusto and absolutely NO compunctions.

I resist my urge to stab him a hundred times. Razz

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:38 am

Psyckosama wrote:I'm no fool and I do intend to take a proper wife in good time... but honestly all I'm doing is using a Dornish tradition and applying to to Westeros at large.

I intend to do that with SEVERAL traditions. For example female inheritance.

That last bit gets a few raised eyebrows but he seems glad you're open to the idea of marriage.

And I hope Tywin does as well, in his own way.

You'd never be able to tell.

"I'm well pleased. I hope she's not being too much of a bother to the Hound. Under the scars and bitterness I believe he's a good man."

"He won't take much lip from her and I don't think he'll have as much fire and venom to deal with either though."

"Well, father... its just you and me. You know I do not intend to fall lightly... these can be dangerous so lets be sure to watch our blows." I say this with an excited smile

"Afraid you can't handle you're old man?" He jests but nods.

Lets roll for it.

No matter what happens I'm humble.

If he wins I chalk it down to the wisdom and cagey nature of age still having something to teach the young.

If I win I claim it was as much luck as skill and proclaim he's the greatest opponent I've ever faced... even mightier than the mountain... as befits a true king.[/quote]

Eesh, well you put up a fight but in the end he thrashes you like a cheap drum. Most will try to argue that it was because you beat three times more men than he did, but at the same time they know you have stupendous stamina so that is a weak excuse at best. The most likely answer is that, plain and simple, he beat you. When he picks you back up, he laughs and says that raw talent isn't everything and that he still has a few things he can teach you.

He still has plenty hatchetmen. We both know the Hound does as he's told.

So long as it doesn't involve fire.

I resist my urge to stab him a hundred times. Razz

EESH....So Anything else you wish to do in the Westerlands or on to the Reach? Either way roll a d100.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:49 am

Brian Boru wrote:That last bit gets a few raised eyebrows but he seems glad you're open to the idea of marriage.

Of course. I'll need an heir now won't I?

You'd never be able to tell.

And I will not press. I'm not stupid.

"He won't take much lip from her and I don't think he'll have as much fire and venom to deal with either though."

"Good. Woman was a menace."

"Afraid you can't handle you're old man?" He jests but nods.

"No, I just don't think either of us could live with an accident."

Eesh, well you put up a fight but in the end he thrashes you like a cheap drum.  Most will try to argue that it was because you beat three times more men than he did, but at the same time they know you have stupendous stamina so that is a weak excuse at best.  The most likely answer is that, plain and simple, he beat you.  When he picks you back up, he laughs and says that raw talent isn't everything and that he still has a few things he can teach you.

"I'd have it no other way..." I embrace him, then grin and raise his hand up. "My Father, your king, a warrior without equal, mightier in battle than the mountain who rides!"

So long as it doesn't involve fire.

Everyone has standards and unlike the others, Sandor isn't actually evil. He just has a work ethic. Razz

EESH....So Anything else you wish to do in the Westerlands or on to the Reach?  Either way roll a d100.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:45 am

Brian Boru wrote:You manage to slap away his spear and knock him insenstate, the only one left is the Falchion man and Gregor.

Dun dun dunnnnnn

Before he can carry through a gigantic sword swipes out and knocks the Dornish man clean off his horse and now you get an understanding why Gregor is called the "Mountain" it's like a mountain falling down on you when he attacks.

It's not just that he's large and strong as an ox, he's a lot quicker than all that bulk would lead people to believe. He has reach, he probably has the better horse ... yyyeah, there's only one possible way of doing this. I abandon my shield - given his leverage advantage trying to block him would just mean I'd get knocked off of my horse. While his horse is probably at least just as vicious as Sandor's, the paradoxically safest place and probably only place where I'd have a chance to parry? In close. Basic biomechanics - if I let him hit me with full extension, he'll probably wreck me. The longer your reach, the bigger your swing force, and the most effective parries should be executed as close to the source of the swing as possible.

So I get in close, hope I can duck/dodge/avoid or deflect attempts at a punch or grapple, and ... well, that's big armor, likely very complete in coverage ... I put my gauntleted off-hand, now lacking a shield, to the blade of my bastard sword and hold it firm - full plate gauntlets, I should be fine - then attempt a series of Halbschwert strokes at whatever chinks in his armor (say, armpits, joints, etc) I can find.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun 17 Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:26 am

Brian Boru wrote:
The warrior himself must have been with you as the next ride leaves his lance unbroken though that is somewhat forgotten when your opponent is sent ROCKETING off his horse actually pinwheeling in the air before he lands with a thunderous crash.  The entire crowd is utterly silent, then it explodes into applause at the incredible blow you landed on the man.  Robert louder than any of the others.

I ride over to the warrior and see how he is. That HAD to have hurt. I also raise my lance in salute to the King.

Silver Sun 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:47 am

Psyckosama wrote:Of course. I'll need an heir now won't I?

Heh heh.

And I will not press. I'm not stupid.

Heh heh

"Good. Woman was a menace."

Menace doesn't even begin to describe the hate between the two of them.

"No, I just don't think either of us could live with an accident."

“Well when you put it that way...does take a bit of the fun out of it.”

"I'd have it no other way..." I embrace him, then grin and raise his hand up. "My Father, your king, a warrior without equal, mightier in battle than the mountain who rides!"

Those who watched the tourney or are still concious after being taken out of the fight roar their approval. The sheer joy on Robert’s is something to see.

Everyone has standards and unlike the others, Sandor isn't actually evil. He just has a work ethic. Razz

Heh

The ride to High Garden actually goes pretty damn well. Nothing out of the ordinary, you make a few stops impress the lords and you move on then you get to High Garden, and the thing is as awe inspiring as every story you’ve ever heard. While Winterfell may be a larger structure, and nothing can compare to the natural fortifications of the Eyrie, High Garden is...for a lack of a better word….BEAUTIFUL!
When you enter the castle the Tyrell family is there to greet you, Mace Tyrell, who was….at one point much like Robert at least Physically, though the the bulk on him now leaves little of that man to be immediately seen though he seems to carry it better than Robert did. DID being the Key word here. As your father has, at this point shed MUCH of the fat he’d gained over the years and while he’s got some left to burn off, he’s back for a lack of a better term. You can feel the waves of smugness about his relative trimness when he greet the Lord Paramount of the Reach. His lady wife is also there, Silver haired but not aged. Then there’s the Heir Willas, sitting at the moment though understandable considering his ruined leg. Garlan, bearded and looking like he could take on 10 men at once with expectations to win.

Loras is at Storm’s End right now, having to squire under Stannis, he was originally going to go to Renly but he was already on the road by the time the switch up had happened and at that point Loras shrugged his shoulders and went with it. Way too damn pretty is the general opinion of him and his Reach-like gallantry grates a bit on the more rough and tumble Stormlanders, especially Stannis. But none of them deny that the boy is a stupendous rider and lancer.

Then finally there’s Margaery, about your age and while a little under developed at this point has the potential to be a great beauty someday.

The family bows and invites you to a great feast with ALL OF THE STOPS PULLED! And it’s like living in a pageant for a little while. They say that they’ll have a small tourney in your honor and whether either of you would like to compete.

Rieverre wrote:It's not just that he's large and strong as an ox, he's a lot quicker than all that bulk would lead people to believe. He has reach, he probably has the better horse ... yyyeah, there's only one possible way of doing this. I abandon my shield - given his leverage advantage trying to block him would just mean I'd get knocked off of my horse. While his horse is probably at least just as vicious as Sandor's, the paradoxically safest place and probably only place where I'd have a chance to parry? In close. Basic biomechanics - if I let him hit me with full extension, he'll probably wreck me. The longer your reach, the bigger your swing force, and the most effective parries should be executed as close to the source of the swing as possible.

So I get in close, hope I can duck/dodge/avoid or deflect attempts at a punch or grapple, and ... well, that's big armor, likely very complete in coverage ... I put my gauntleted off-hand, now lacking a shield, to the blade of my bastard sword and hold it firm - full plate gauntlets, I should be fine - then attempt a series of Halbschwert strokes at whatever chinks in his armor (say, armpits, joints, etc) I can find.

Amazingly you manage to get right next to the behemoth, now unable to get his sword into swinging range and the side you got on his off hand catch get you into a punch.

Roll 3d100 for the strikes.

Silver Sun 17 wrote:I ride over to the warrior and see how he is. That HAD to have hurt. I also raise my lance in salute to the King.

He’ll live, you’ve got one more round before the end of the day and the final eight will wait to ride against each other tomorrow.

Your mouth goes a little dry when you see your opponent, somehow you landed Barristan Selmy, the epitome of knighthood in all the Seven Kingdoms.

Roll a d10.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:23 am

Brian Boru wrote:Amazingly you manage to get right next to the behemoth, now unable to get his sword into swinging range and the side you got on his off hand catch get you into a punch.

Here's hoping I can capitalize on this.

... I really need reinforced gauntlets for this kind of thing. Yeah. That's going on the wishlist.

Roll  3d100 for the strikes.

Rollan. *DIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE*
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:23 am

The member 'Rieverre' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd100' : 59, 61, 65

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:28 am

Brian Boru wrote:Menace doesn't even begin to describe the hate between the two of them.

"I'm being polite, father."  Razz 

“Well when you put it that way...does take a bit of the fun out of it.”

"Aye, but doesn't mean I don't intend to give you a thrashing, old man!" I laugh and take up position to fight. "Come on, show me the might of a king!"

Those who watched the tourney or are still concious after being taken out of the fight roar their approval. The sheer joy on Robert’s is something to see.

I go on to state that :I fell the Mountain in single combat without injury, I've killed dozens in every battle I've fought in, I bested Barristan Selmy, the finest knight in all of the realm in the joust... and only now, for the first time since I became a knight have I tasted defeat! Three cheers for the king! Three cheers for my father! Three cheers for the mightiest warrior in all of Westeros!"

Heh

Thought you'd agree. I send the man a letter.

The ride to High Garden actually goes pretty damn well.  Nothing out of the ordinary, you make a few stops impress the lords and you move on then you get to High Garden, and the thing is as awe inspiring as every story you’ve ever heard.  While Winterfell may be a larger structure, and nothing can compare to the natural fortifications of the Eyrie, High Garden is...for a lack of a better word….BEAUTIFUL!  

"I can see why my uncle is so obsessed with the place... makes me glad Renly is the one rebuilding Summerhall. If he can capture a tenth of this it'll be one hell of a summer home."

When you enter the castle the Tyrell family is there to greet you, Mace Tyrell, who was….at one point much like Robert at least Physically, though the the bulk on him now leaves little of that man to be immediately seen though he seems to carry it better than Robert did.  DID being the Key word here.  As your father has, at this point shed MUCH of the fat he’d gained over the years and while he’s got some left to burn off, he’s back for a lack of a better term.

Old man's gonna have to catch up!

You can feel the waves of smugness about his relative trimness when he greet the Lord Paramount of the Reach.

Earned it.

His lady wife is also there, Silver haired but not aged.

I see. I compliment her on her beauty.

Then there’s the Heir Willas, sitting at the moment though understandable considering his ruined leg.

I'm polite to him and friendly. We're going to have to talk some time.

Garlan, bearded and looking like he could take on 10 men at once with expectations to win.

My grin says it all. I want to fight you!

Loras is at Storm’s End right now, having to squire under Stannis, he was originally going to go to Renly but he was already on the road by the time the switch up had happened and at that point Loras shrugged his shoulders and went with it.  Way too damn pretty is the general opinion of him and his Reach-like gallantry grates a bit on the more rough and tumble Stormlanders, especially Stannis.  But none of them deny that the boy is a stupendous rider and lancer.

Well, maybe things won't be a creepy this time.

And I'll have to fight him too.

Then finally there’s Margaery, about your age and while a little under developed at this point has the potential to be a great beauty someday.  

She's probably 11 at this point.

I'm gallant

The family bows and invites you to a great feast with ALL OF THE STOPS PULLED!  And it’s like living in a pageant for a little while.  They say that they’ll have a small tourney in your honor and whether either of you would like to compete.

I'll be competing.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun 17 Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:14 pm

Brian Boru wrote:

He’ll live,  you’ve got one more round before the end of the day and the final eight will wait to ride against each other tomorrow.

Your mouth goes a little dry when you see your opponent, somehow you landed Barristan Selmy, the epitome of knighthood in all the Seven Kingdoms.

Roll a d10.

Focus, Focus. This guy can chew through a good chunk of the King's Guard on his own, don't get cocky.

Silver Sun 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:14 pm

'd10' : 3

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:04 am

Rieverre wrote:Here's hoping I can capitalize on this.

... I really need reinforced gauntlets for this kind of thing. Yeah. That's going on the wishlist.

Heh

59, 61, 65

Well you manage to get some ferocious blows in but his absurdly thick armor prevents any real damage, though you manage to dent his pauldron with one of your blows. Unfortunately he manages to gain enough space to try and hammer at you with the pommel of his sword.

Roll a d10 for how well you respond to this attack.

Psyckosama wrote:"I'm being polite, father."  Razz 

Ah.

"Aye, but doesn't mean I don't intend to give you a thrashing, old man!" I laugh and take up position to fight. "Come on, show me the might of a king!"

"I'll show you might you pup!"

I go on to state that :I fell the Mountain in single combat without injury, I've killed dozens in every battle I've fought in, I bested Barristan Selmy, the finest knight in all of the realm in the joust... and only now, for the first time since I became a knight have I tasted defeat! Three cheers for the king! Three cheers for my father! Three cheers for the mightiest warrior in all of Westeros!"

The roars are louder and he seems even happier.

Thought you'd agree. I send the man a letter.

Alright.

"I can see why my uncle is so obsessed with the place... makes me glad Renly is the one rebuilding Summerhall. If he can capture a tenth of this it'll be one hell of a summer home."

"Aye lad, I've been here before and it's still something to take in."

Old man's gonna have to catch up!

Heh

Earned it.

Reduced chances of heart attack and stroke for the win!

I see. I compliment her on her beauty.

She takes cordially and complements you on your manners.

I'm polite to him and friendly. We're going to have to talk some time.

He's intelligent and seems to see that spark in you as well.

My grin says it all. I want to fight you!

He sees that grin and with flashing eyes grin the same grin in return.

Well, maybe things won't be a creepy this time.

And I'll have to fight him too.

When he's older you'd rip him to shreds at the moment.

She's probably 11 at this point.

I'm gallant

She flushes adorably.

I'll be competing.

Then you compete! But first we feast and dance and listen to legendary songs and stories. Anyone you want to talk to tonight?

Silver Sun 17 wrote:Focus, Focus. This guy can chew through a good chunk of the King's Guard on his own, don't get cocky.

He salutes you respectfully and your ride!

The two of you slam lances into each other and while you both keep in the saddle you know you'll both be feeling it, you think Selmy got worse off than you but he's still able to go. Shaking the pain off, the two of you grab another pair of lances and prepare to ride again.

Roll another d10
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:15 am

Brian Boru wrote:Well you manage to get some ferocious blows in but his absurdly thick armor prevents any real damage, though you manage to dent his pauldron with one of your blows.  Unfortunately he manages to gain enough space to try and hammer at you with the pommel of his sword.

Roll a d10 for how well you respond to this attack.

... this is probably the point I'm going to be really glad I ponied up to have my armor actually fitted. Chances are that even if this goes horribly the full plate will still do its job and act as a crash cage.

... I hope.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:15 am

The member 'Rieverre' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd10' : 10

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:16 am

aaaand it just went _horribly_ ... of course ... siiiiigh
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:31 am

Brian Boru wrote:"I'll show you might you pup!"

"Well then hurry up lest we begin the battle when you're old and grey!" Very Happy

The roars are louder and he seems even happier.

I whisper, "Remember, when you pick your Queen of Love and Beauty, remember the gods damned moontea." :p

Said as a playful ribbing under my breath just loud enough so her can hear it.

"Aye lad, I've been here before and it's still something to take in."

"Tempted to send some people here to soak in it and see if we can do the urban redevelopment in King's Landing."

Reduced chances of heart attack and stroke for the win!

And they said that the ability to see your own dick was overrated...

She takes cordially and complements you on your manners.

"No manners to do about it, m'lady, just simple honestly."

He's intelligent and seems to see that spark in you as well.

Oh yeah. Anything for a good talk. I do wonder the exact nature of his leg through.

I hate seeing people in pain.

He sees that grin and with flashing eyes grin the same grin in return.

I'm so kicking his ass in the torney.

When he's older you'd rip him to shreds at the moment.

Of course.

She flushes adorably.

An a job well done!

Though no doubt her father has been describing me to her as her new husband... Razz

Then you compete!  But first we feast and dance and listen to legendary songs and stories.  Anyone you want to talk to tonight?

Well, first I say the story of a grand tale with noble heroes, beautiful women, and dishonorable foes! It's basically the story of what's happened so far told in a dramatic way, touching on all the good parts and then playing with the bad (and forgetting to mention the drunken bender in the Iron Islands).

Basically I play my self down just enough to look like I'm being humble while absolutely lionizing my friends and loved ones, while making most of the villans seem over the top (except for Jamie who is played off as being tragic).

I tell the truth but in a way to capture the most awesome moments and make almost everyone involved (except the fucking mountain and queen) look good.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:46 am

Rieverre wrote:... this is probably the point I'm going to be really glad I ponied up to have my armor actually fitted. Chances are that even if this goes horribly the full plate will still do its job and act as a crash cage.

... I hope.

aaaand it just went _horribly_ ... of course ... siiiiigh

Clegane's blow lands perfectly on your head, you hear a sickening CRACK, the wrenching of steel, and white hot pain, the world turns black and a great roar sounds as everything else starts to fade away....

Roll a d10.

Psyckosama wrote:"Well then hurry up lest we begin the battle when you're old and grey!" Very Happy

With a shout he charges.

I whisper, "Remember, when you pick your Queen of Love and Beauty, remember the gods damned moontea." :p

Said as a playful ribbing under my breath just loud enough so her can hear it.

He chuckles and nods.

"Tempted to send some people here to soak in it and see if we can do the urban redevelopment in King's Landing."

"That cost, even I know that but that'd be nice, get rid of some more of the Dragon's taint.

And they said that the ability to see your own dick was overrated...

Heh

"No manners to do about it, m'lady, just simple honestly."

Flatterer... Razz 

Oh yeah. Anything for a good talk. I do wonder the exact nature of his leg through.

I hate seeing people in pain.

The Maesters have done all they can for years, it hurts from time to time and he'll never ride again but he's content with what he has.

I'm so kicking his ass in the torney.

Heh

An a job well done!

heh

Though no doubt her father has been describing me to her as her new husband... Razz

Was Aerys a tad off in the head?

Well, first I say the story of a grand tale with noble heroes, beautiful women, and dishonorable foes! It's basically the story of what's happened so far told in a dramatic way, touching on all the good parts and then playing with the bad (and forgetting to mention the drunken bender in the Iron Islands).

Basically I play my self down just enough to look like I'm being humble while absolutely lionizing my friends and loved ones, while making most of the villans seem over the top (except for Jamie who is played off as being tragic).

I tell the truth but in a way to capture the most awesome moments and make almost everyone involved (except the fucking mountain and queen) look good.

Everyone present is awed at your story telling and seem even more so at your accomplishments. Little Margaery seems to be in utter awe. Her eyes shining as she stares in wonder at you.

Right when you finished you finally meet old Olenna Tyrell, mother of Mace. She doesn't seem to be as impressed as the others and she comments that she doesn't by for a moment that you were that perfect or that humble, humble men don't go do great things, don't let the stories tell you otherwise.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:47 am

Brian Boru wrote:With a shout he charges.

And its on!

He chuckles and nods.

"I'm still the pretty one..."

"That cost, even I know that but that'd be nice, get rid of some more of the Dragon's taint.

"I actually had an idea for Dragonpit. Kick out the pyromancers and turn at least part of it into a massive amphitheater. Hold regular torments... for profit. People have to pay for entry and the better the seat the more expensive the ticket."

Flatterer... Razz 

"If anything, I understate. You are a married woman after all..."

The Maesters have done all they can for years, it hurts from time to time and he'll never ride again but he's content with what he has.

I nod. It's a shame.

Was Aerys a tad off in the head?

That was an observation.

Everyone present is awed at your story telling and seem even more so at your accomplishments.  Little Margaery seems to be in utter awe.  Her eyes shining as she stares in wonder at you.

I try not to look too overpleased. Modisty.

Right when you finished you finally meet old Olenna Tyrell, mother of Mace.  She doesn't seem to be as impressed as the others and she comments that she doesn't by for a moment that you were that perfect or that humble, humble men don't go do great things, don't let the stories tell you otherwise.

I glance over to the King and Tyrion. "Well, how accurate was my telling would you think?"

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:04 am

Brian Boru wrote:Clegane's blow lands perfectly on your head, you hear a sickening CRACK, the wrenching of steel, and white hot pain, the world turns black and a great roar sounds as everything else starts to fade away....  

Roll a d10.

Ffffffffffffff ... or something equally incoherent is what I imagine I'm screaming. And if I'm not unhorsed or instantly knocked out, I'm probably retaliating on principle.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 34 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 28 ... 34  Next