Giant Stompy Robots
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus!

+2
Psyckosama
Brian Boru
6 posters

Page 11 of 34 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 22 ... 34  Next

Go down

Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus! - Page 11 Empty Re: Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus!

Post by Rieverre Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:49 am

Brian Boru wrote:It's not a dangerous mark just from a blacksmith they don't recognize.
I still don't take chances. It doesn't have to be a dangerous mark for it to let people recognize the sword.

Ah, she draws the line at cutting her hair though, she likes it as it is.
I ruffle said hair in response.

Yes, she doesn't need to cut it. She can tuck it under the collar of her tunic, and we'll get her a leather helmet that'll help further with that.

No...no no no no no no no that's alright she's just perfectly fine acting as a squire.
Aww. Well, not to worry, I tell her with a bright smile, I'll get her to the point of eating that kind of competition for breakfast eventually.

Several more shots, all of them from roughly the same position are made then a rustling sound is heard among the branches of an Oak 50 feet ahead.
"... and not the night," I whisper to myself, cutting to one side sharply even as I act on pure instinct, releasing my hold on my buckler and letting it slide down until my left hand's fingers grip the edge. I plant one foot, arresting my sideways momentum and transfer it into a torque via pivot and spin, up my leg, my torso, and finally reaching my left arm which sends the small, round shield spinning into the source of the disturbance like a discus.

Then I'm off like a shot again, hunting my prey.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus! - Page 11 Empty Re: Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus!

Post by Brian Boru Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:19 am

Psyckosama wrote:"Heh. I made sure all of them took their Moon Tea too."
Probably a smart Idea.

"Good."

I didn't make it comfortable and I probably had it painted to blend in in the look of the thing.
Smart.

"I don't get it, Jamie. Why? You're a good man and..." I shake my head, "The reason I walked her to the throne room nude was what she said when I knocked down the door."
He laughs at that. "A good man, hah, I'm an oath breaker, a kingslayer, I've laid with my sister and cuckolded my king. I am NOT a good man. But then you aren't either, you're ambitious, more ambitious than any man I've met, and you have the strength and talent to support that ambition. You went from a Bastard Squire to becoming the heir to the Iron Throne, a meteoric rise for one so young. Just be ware though that. The ones who rise swiftly can also fall just as swiftly and they don't always survive the fall. A shame I won't be here to see what's next."

"I've already promised your daughter I'd be her knight. And I intend to give my customary greeting when she's old enough to be wed. If he mistreats her in any way... I will beat him to death with a shovel. A vague disclaimer is no ones friend."
He snorts at that.

"Of course."
He thanks you and it is an honest and sincere thanks.

"Tyrion? Tyrion! What's wrong?"
He turns back to you, anger in his eyes, "Nothing just that it seems that NONE of my family truly had even one dam of love or respect for me. Not even my brother." With that and tears in his eyes, he turns and continues storming back up the stares, muttering something about need to get stinking drunk.

Rieverre wrote:I still don't take chances. It doesn't have to be a dangerous mark for it to let people recognize the sword.
alright.

I ruffle said hair in response.

Yes, she doesn't need to cut it. She can tuck it under the collar of her tunic, and we'll get her a leather helmet that'll help further with that.
Alright.

Aww. Well, not to worry, I tell her with a bright smile, I'll get her to the point of eating that kind of competition for breakfast eventually.
She swallows at that.

"... and not the night," I whisper to myself, cutting to one side sharply even as I act on pure instinct, releasing my hold on my buckler and letting it slide down until my left hand's fingers grip the edge. I plant one foot, arresting my sideways momentum and transfer it into a torque via pivot and spin, up my leg, my torso, and finally reaching my left arm which sends the small, round shield spinning into the source of the disturbance like a discus.
By luck or skill, the shield spins off into the night and you hear the sound of flesh being struck, a pained cry and the thud of a body hitting the ground.

Then I'm off like a shot again, hunting my prey.
You manage to find the person...unfortunately he landed on his head...his neck snapped like a twig and his head lolling ghoulishly with any movement.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:35 am

Brian Boru wrote:Probably a smart Idea.
True.

He laughs at that.  "A good man, hah, I'm an oath breaker, a kingslayer, I've laid with my sister and cuckolded my king.  I am NOT a good man.
I glance at the howling form being pushed into the coach, "As what you did with her... love is complicated and easy to change from being a beautiful thing to something corrosive. If you look back... I bet you'll see that most of your misgivings originate in her encouragement. I believe in redemption, Jamie, and had you taken my offer I would have argued for you. You've done many wrongs, but sometimes what you do isn't who you are."

But then you aren't either, you're ambitious, more ambitious than any man I've met, and you have the strength and talent to support that ambition.  You went from a Bastard Squire to becoming the heir to the Iron Throne, a meteoric rise for one so young.  Just be ware though that.  The ones who rise swiftly can also fall just as swiftly and they don't always survive the fall.
"All I really wanted was my father's acknowledgement. This is a... bit more than I ever expected."

A shame I won't be here to see what's next."
"I'll write."

He snorts at that.
"And I'm sure I'd do so with her father's blessing."

He thanks you and it is an honest and sincere thanks.
I'm almost sorry to see you go.

He turns back to you, anger in his eyes, "Nothing just that it seems that NONE of my family truly had even one dam of love or respect for me.  Not even my brother."  With that and tears in his eyes, he turns and continues storming back up the stares, muttering something about need to get stinking drunk.
"Come on, I'll get you a decanter of wine and whatever you need to say, I will listen and never tell another soul. It helps to get things off your chest."

Psyckosama
Admin

https://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:09 am

Psyckosama wrote:I glance at the howling form being pushed into the coach, "As what you did with her... love is complicated and easy to change from being a beautiful thing to something corrosive. If you look back... I bet you'll see that most of your misgivings originate in her encouragement. I believe in redemption, Jamie, and had you taken my offer I would have argued for you. You've done many wrongs, but sometimes what you do isn't who you are."
He shakes his head, "You're too good for this world lad. And you seem to support me for reasons I'll never understand. But I thank you lad."

"All I really wanted was my father's acknowledgement. This is a... bit more than I ever expected."
"Then all the worse for you then lad. Nothing worse than being confused in a place like this. Just because most of my family is gone from the court doesn't mean that you're safe. It only means that others will move in to try and take our place, not to mention my father is not the sort to take this sort of thing lying down."

"I'll write."
He looks at you...then laughs, a dry mirthless laugh, "Something to while away the ice cold then."

"Come on, I'll get you a decanter of wine and whatever you need to say, I will listen and never tell another soul. It helps to get things off your chest."
He gives you a long look, then sighs, "Alright then." He then turns and he leads you to a place where the two of you can talk privately.

He drinks through four cups of wine before he finally tells you the story.

"When I was 13, my brother and I were out riding. When we came across a group of bandits in the middle of kidnapping some crofters daughter. My brother chased the bandits off while I stayed and comforted the girl. She told me her name was Tysha, and in thanks for saving her gave herself to me that night.

I fell in love and within the fortnight I had the two of us married by a drunken Septon in secret, for a few short weeks we lived like husband and wife. Those were the best weeks of my life...."

Unfortunately for Tyrion his father had quickly found out and dragged his son and his wife home. There his brother was forced to tell him the truth, Tysha wasn't a crofter's daughter, she was a whore he'd hired so that Tyrion could become a man and feel like a hero. He was never supposed to have married her and she'd never felt any real love for him.

Tywin...wasn't happy. As punishment he made Tyrion watch the entire guard of the Rock fuck her one after the other, a silver stag for each man. "The silver began to spill from both of her hands they were so full, and they weren't through half of them. Then my father had me fuck her one last time. This time she got a Gold Dragon for it 'because Lannisters are worth more.' I never saw her again after that."

Then he took another three cups before he continued. "My brother called me down there for one last confession. It seems that Tysha HAD been a crofter's daughter and that we had saved her that day and she did love me. My father simply didn't care and told Jaime to tell me that she'd been a hired whore so that I wouldn't try to track her down."

He then throws the cup against the wall and simply stares at a complete loss for words.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:24 am

Brian Boru wrote:He shakes his head, "You're too good for this world lad.  And you seem to support me for reasons I'll never understand.  But I thank you lad."
" As far as I'm concerned..." I pause, "You swore to Aerys that you would protect him. You swore to the GODS to uphold the weak, to protect the helpless, and to punish the wicked. That was your first oath as a knight, and in my mind... the most important. Aerys was many things, but he was no king."

"Then all the worse for you then lad.  Nothing worse than being confused in a place like this.  Just because most of my family is gone from the court doesn't mean that you're safe.  It only means that others will move in to try and take our place, not to mention my father is not the sort to take this sort of thing lying down."
"I'll adapt. It's what I do.... and thank you for the warning."

He looks at you...then laughs, a dry mirthless laugh, "Something to while away the ice cold then."
I pause for a moment, "One thing... I did some reading of the old legends. The Children of the Forest used to give the Night's Watch one hundred Obsidian Daggers a year, and the Valyrians called it Frozen Fire. I have a feeling that there is a reason for this..."

He gives you a long look, then sighs, "Alright then."  He then turns and he leads you to a place where the two of you can talk privately.

He drinks through four cups of wine before he finally tells you the story.  

"When I was 13, my brother and I were out riding.  When we came across a group of bandits in the middle of kidnapping some crofters daughter.  My brother chased the bandits off while I stayed and comforted the girl.  She told me her name was Tysha, and in thanks for saving her gave herself to me that night.  

I fell in love and within the fortnight I had the two of us married by a drunken Septon in secret, for a few short weeks we lived like husband and wife.  Those were the best weeks of my life...."
I look contented at this.

Unfortunately for Tyrion his father had quickly found out and dragged his son and his wife home.  There his brother was forced to tell him the truth, Tysha wasn't a crofter's daughter, she was a whore he'd hired so that Tyrion could become a man and feel like a hero.  He was never supposed to have married her and she'd never felt any real love for him.

Tywin...wasn't happy.  As punishment he made Tyrion watch the entire guard of the Rock fuck her one after the other, a silver stag for each man.  "The silver began to spill from both of her hands they were so full, and they weren't through half of them.  Then my father had me fuck her one last time.  This time she got a Gold Dragon for it 'because Lannisters are worth more.'  I never saw her again after that."
At this my face has turned red and I'm starting to clench the decanter.

Then he took another three cups before he continued.  "My brother called me down there for one last confession.  It seems that Tysha HAD been a crofter's daughter and that we had saved her that day and she did love me.  My father simply didn't care and told Jaime to tell me that she'd been a hired whore so that I wouldn't try to track her down."

He then throws the cup against the wall and simply stares at a complete loss for words.
I'm seething at this point and the glass decanter shatters in my hand. I look down at it, wiped up the mess and then look back to him.

Then... I give him a tight, and honest, and wordless hug.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:34 am

Psyckosama wrote:" As far as I'm concerned..." I pause, "You swore to Aerys that you would protect him. You swore to the GODS to uphold the weak, to protect the helpless, and to punish the wicked. That was your first oath as a knight, and in my mind... the most important. Aerys was many things, but he was no king."
He snorts, "You might be the only one to think that."

"I'll adapt. It's what I do.... and thank you for the warning."
"How much use it was...will be seen in the future."

I pause for a moment, "One thing... I did some reading of the old legends. The Children of the Forest used to give the Night's Watch one hundred Obsidian Daggers a year, and the Valyrians called it Frozen Fire. I have a feeling that there is a reason for this..."
He internalizes that bit of information, but he doesn't comment on it other than a joke about Snarks and Grumpkins. OOC: Act like you think a White Walker invasion is about to happen and you'll be considered out of your goddam gourd.

I'm seething at this point and the glass decanter shatters in my hand. I look down at it, wiped up the mess and then look back to him.

Then... I give him a tight, and honest, and wordless hug.
He tenses up for a moment, then he relaxes, and the young man begins to weep.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:40 am

Brian Boru wrote:He snorts, "You might be the only one to think that."
"Then they've forgotten their oaths."

"How much use it was...will be seen in the future."
"Well see."

He internalizes that bit of information, but he doesn't comment on it other than a joke about Snarks and Grumpkins.  OOC: Act like you think a White Walker invasion is about to happen and you'll be considered out of your goddam gourd.
If I am called out on it, well, there's a great fucking ice wall up there for a reason and I don't it's to keep out the bloody fucking wildlings.

The Others exist, and obviously there was concern about them COMING THE FUCK BACK so I don't care if they invade tomorrow or in another ten-fucking-thousand years... be ready.

He tenses up for a moment, then he relaxes, and the young man begins to weep.
I weep too. I cry for him.

"I will do what I can to help you find her. If there is any chance, then we shall take it."

I pause and chew on the thought, "And if you feel the need for retribution, avenge her..."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:47 am

Brian Boru wrote:She swallows at that.
Beatific smile.

You manage to find the person...unfortunately he landed on his head...his neck snapped like a twig and his head lolling ghoulishly with any movement.
I retrieve my buckler and give the body a quick once-over, search the pockets, etc. Then I grab the bow and quiver, and head off to check any other prospective perches would-be assassins could be using based on where I think the best view of the inn exits would be, and the best trajectories towards such. Again, if it were me, and this wasn't just someone trying to take quick and dirty advantage, no way would there be only one archer or assassin lying in wait.

Granted, I might have spooked the rest with this little bit of street theater, but better safe than sorry.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:06 am

Psyckosama wrote:"Then they've forgotten their oaths."
He laughs dryly at that.

If I am called out on it, well, there's a great fucking ice wall up there for a reason and I don't it's to keep out the bloody fucking wildlings.
Even IF the wall was built for something other than Wildlings, then whatever that Something was it's long gone. At least their mentality.

The Others exist, and obviously there was concern about them COMING THE FUCK BACK so I don't care if they invade tomorrow or in another ten-fucking-thousand years... be ready.
You'd be considered NUTS for it but so long as you don't CONSTANTLY talk about it like a Jehovah's Witness and Jesus, then you might be able to get away with it.

I weep too. I cry for him.

"I will do what I can to help you find her. If there is any chance, then we shall take it."

I pause and chew on the thought, "And if you feel the need for retribution, avenge her..."
He stares at you then grins a bit, "You have my thanks Eddard. Though I have no hope to find her or if she'd ever want to see me, I thank you for your offer."

With that you see the Lannister Twins off, the Children will be heading out soon as well. Anything you wish to say to them? Otherwise timeskip to the great tour of the kingdoms.

Rieverre wrote:Beatific smile.
She doesn't trust it.

I retrieve my buckler and give the body a quick once-over, search the pockets, etc. Then I grab the bow and quiver, and head off to check any other prospective perches would-be assassins could be using based on where I think the best view of the inn exits would be, and the best trajectories towards such. Again, if it were me, and this wasn't just someone trying to take quick and dirty advantage, no way would there be only one archer or assassin lying in wait.

Granted, I might have spooked the rest with this little bit of street theater, but better safe than sorry.
After several hours of searching, you find a few tracks but do you really want to leave Mya alone?
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:25 am

Brian Boru wrote:After several hours of searching, you find a few tracks but do you really want to leave Mya alone?
Dude, no, what the fuck? What I meant was to do a cursory sweep to make sure the others weren't getting shot at from elsewhere. It certainly wouldn't take me hours to do that, nevermind the idea of just taking off for that amount of time while the others were gearing up and potentially getting ready to leave. Yes, I'll bloody well get back to the inn once I've done that and not waste more than fifteen minutes on it.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:45 am

Brian Boru wrote:He laughs dryly at that.
I don't laugh.

Even IF the wall was built for something other than Wildlings, then whatever that Something was it's long gone.  At least their mentality.
While I take the stance it's not gone unless I see the severed head.

Assumptions kill.

You'd be considered NUTS for it but so long as you don't CONSTANTLY talk about it like a Jehovah's Witness and Jesus, then you might be able to get away with it.
I don't. More I take the possibility seriously. It's not something to obsess on but its better to be ready for the unknown than caught unawares.

He stares at you then grins a bit, "You have my thanks Eddard.  Though I have no hope to find her or if she'd ever want to see me, I thank you for your offer."
"Always. Tyrion. For a very long time I didn't have any family besides my sister. To me friends are the family you choose... and you always protect your family."

There's a momentary pause. "I consider you a friend."

With that you see the Lannister Twins off, the Children will be heading out soon as well.  Anything you wish to say to them?
I spend some time talking to them both.

I tell Myrcella that while I might not be there in person if she ever needs someone to talk to I'm just a raven away...

My uncle is a particular man but a good one, a man who loves beauty and grace, and I know she has both in spades. I'm sure they'll get together smashingly.

How does Renly take this and the associated goings on?

I tell Tommen that as long as he stays true to his nature he will never go wrong. He's a very good boy.

How is stannis taking this?

Otherwise timeskip to the great tour of the kingdoms.
That too!

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:58 am

Rieverre wrote:Dude, no, what the fuck? What I meant was to do a cursory sweep to make sure the others weren't getting shot at from elsewhere. It certainly wouldn't take me hours to do that, nevermind the idea of just taking off for that amount of time while the others were gearing up and potentially getting ready to leave. Yes, I'll bloody well get back to the inn once I've done that and not waste more than fifteen minutes on it.
Ah in that case you don't find anything that sticks out, you then head back to the inn to check on you sister. She's alright, but shaken, and when she sees you she all but collapses in relief. Your former master Martyn, asks you if you're alright and if you managed to find anything?

Psyckosama wrote:While I take the stance it's not gone unless I see the severed head.

Assumptions kill.
Alright then.

I don't. More I take the possibility seriously. It's not something to obsess on but its better to be ready for the unknown than caught unawares.
Alright.

"Always. Tyrion. For a very long time I didn't have any family besides my sister. To me friends are the family you choose... and you always protect your family."

There's a momentary pause.  "I consider you a friend."
"Thank you..."

I spend some time talking to them both.

I tell Myrcella that while I might not be there in person if she ever needs someone to talk to I'm just a raven away...

My uncle is a particular man but a good one, a man who loves beauty and grace, and I know she has both in spades. I'm sure they'll get together smashingly.
She seems to take heart and promises to be brave.

How does Renly take this and the associated goings on?
He accepts it well enough. No longer being called Lord Paramount of the Stormlands stings but Summerhall is much nicer than Storm's End ever was.

I tell Tommen that as long as he stays true to his nature he will never go wrong. He's a very good boy.
He sniffles a bit but says, "Otay."

How is stannis taking this?
He'll do his duty and it'll help prepare himself to raise his own son.....(ooo....meta-knowledge.)

That too!
A month goes by, a long month of messages, ravens, and meetings made before the great excursion. The total company consisted of roughly 100 knights of various rankings, most from the Stormlands, but many are Crownlanders and a few Valemen as well. Also there are another 300 men-at-arms and a score of other camp workers.

Now the company turns to head for the Vale, followed by the North, then Down to Riverrun, then they plan to swin down to the Stormlands, then West to the Reach, down south to visit the Martells, who seem willing to at least be polite considering you're bringing the Gilded Head of Gregor Clegane. Then you'll sail to the Iron Islands and visit Balon before going to the Rock and making sure Tywin remembers what's what.

You have you're two new followers, Martyn Lancet, and the Hedge Knight you first fought in the tourney. As you begin to travel, many tell you that hedge knights and free riders, (a step below even hedge knights in armor and weapons but still mounted) will be coming out of the wood work hoping to be a part of your household.

Anything you want to do before you head out?
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:26 am

Brian Boru wrote:"Thank you..."
"No, thank you."

She seems to take heart and promises to be brave.
She gets a hug. "I never had any doubts."

He accepts it well enough.  No longer being called Lord Paramount of the Stormlands stings but Summerhall is much nicer than Storm's End ever was.
"And I'm sure that under your care and direction it will become a finer palace than any in all of Westeros. Mace Tyrell himself will be looking upon your holdfast with greedy eyes."

He sniffles a bit but says, "Otay."
He gets a hug. "Never change."

He'll do his duty and it'll help prepare himself to raise his own son.....(ooo....meta-knowledge.)
I smile at him. "Uncle, just remember, a boy his age needs love as well as duty. He's a kind boy, the exact opposite of his vile little shite of a brother. Please let him keep that."

I do thank him.

A month goes by, a long month of messages, ravens, and meetings made before the great excursion.  The total company consisted of roughly 100 knights of various rankings, most from the Stormlands, but many are Crownlanders and a few Valemen as well.  Also there are another 300 men-at-arms and a score of other camp workers.  
Works for me.

Mya coming with?

Now the company turns to head for the Vale, followed by the North, then Down to Riverrun, then they plan to swin down to the Stormlands, then West to the Reach, down south to visit the Martells, who seem willing to at least be polite considering you're bringing the Gilded Head of Gregor Clegane.  Then you'll sail to the Iron Islands and visit Balon before going to the Rock and making sure Tywin remembers what's what.
Hm. While we're headed north any chance to visit the Wall?

You have you're two new followers, Martyn Lancet, and the Hedge Knight you first fought in the tourney.
Both of whom get good arms and armor. I also make sure the Hedge Knight, whose name I need, is well rounded. Martyn has full permission to round out any weaknesses in the man's ability. As he sees fit.

As you begin to travel, many tell you that hedge knights and free riders, (a step below even hedge knights in armor and weapons but still mounted) will be coming out of the wood work hoping to be a part of your household.
Well, I'm willing to take interviews...

I want them to exhibit their talents and I do Q&A to see what they are like as people.

Martyn's there to give me his opinion. Ser Berristan as well, if he's willing.

Before we leave, if there are any interviews then, I have Tyrion help me as well.

It's a real shame Tyrion can't come with. Unless we make the Steward a ceremonial position for now and appoint someone to be his underling...

In the end its up to him, but I do talk to him about it.

I treasure him as a friend, but beyond that I value his insight and could use it on this trip. It might also be in his benefit as well as this is his chance to get a measure of the lords Paramount as the Rock is now going to be his, no matter what Tywin has to say in the matter.

Anything you want to do before you head out?
In fact I do...

"Lord Arryn, if I may have a moment of your time? I had some concerns with this 'Littlefinger' fellow your wife seems to be obsessed with..."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:45 am

Psyckosama wrote:She gets a hug. "I never had any doubts."
Sweet moment.

"And I'm sure that under your care and direction it will become a finer palace than any in all of Westeros. Mace Tyrell himself will be looking upon your holdfast with greedy eyes."
He preens at that.

He gets a hug. "Never change."
"Otay."

I smile at him. "Uncle, just remember, a boy his age needs love as well as duty. He's a kind boy, the exact opposite of his vile little shite of a brother. Please let him keep that."

I do thank him.
He gives you an odd look but nods.

Mya coming with?
Nope...she has....LADY TRAINING!

Hm. While we're headed north any chance to visit the Wall?
You can but Robert doesn't seem too tickled about freezing his balls off that far north, even for a visit.

Both of whom get good arms and armor. I also make sure the Hedge Knight, whose name I need, is well rounded. Martyn has full permission to round out any weaknesses in the man's ability. As he sees fit.
They both thank you for the gift, and Martyn agrees to act as a filter of the useless ones.

Well, I'm willing to take interviews...

I want them to exhibit their talents and I do Q&A to see what they are like as people.

Martyn's there to give me his opinion. Ser Barristan as well, if he's willing.

Before we leave, if there are any interviews then, I have Tyrion help me as well.
Most of them you meet on the road. Most of the hedge knights you find to be reliable and solid fighters, though none you've seen so far STAND OUT all that much. But as you ride....(roll a d100)

As for the Free Riders, save for a few old mercenaries, most of them are very young men little older than you are. Wearing rusty chainmail their fathers or grandfathers wore or leather armor, riding rounseys that barely qualify as such and armed with spears that you're convinced some of them were pitchforks or table knifes tied to a stick at some point. Not all that heartening but their young and their wildly excited to serve with the Twin-hammer prince and all the negative reprimands in the world seem to phase them. (Knights of the Summer some older knights mutter)

It's a real shame Tyrion can't come with. Unless we make the Steward a ceremonial position for now and appoint someone to be his underling...

In the end its up to him, but I do talk to him about it.

I treasure him as a friend, but beyond that I value his insight and could use it on this trip. It might also be in his benefit as well as this is his chance to get a measure of the lords Paramount as the Rock is now going to be his, no matter what Tywin has to say in the matter.
He thinks on that, then decides that yes, one last excursion might be needed before he returns to his duties.

In fact I do...

"Lord Arryn, if I may have a moment of your time? I had some concerns with this 'Littlefinger' fellow your wife seems to be obsessed with..."
He gives you a look but nods.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:10 am

Brian Boru wrote:Sweet moment.
She's a good girl and deserves a good life.

And I've sworn to look out for her.

He preens at that.
He's given a man hug. "I can't wait to see what you've done with the place."

"Otay."
I ruffle his hair gently.

He gives you an odd look but nods.
"You're a hard man, but a fair one. I know you expect the worst of people... but despite the perversion that lead to his birth he's a good child. All I ask is that you see him for his own merits, not for sins not his own."

Nope...she has....LADY TRAINING!
"Mya, don't let your martial training slack off!"

And I wish she was coming with!

You can but Robert doesn't seem too tickled about freezing his balls off that far north, even for a visit.
"Bah! Cold's good for you old man!"

They both thank you for the gift, and Martyn agrees to act as a filter of the useless ones.
My thanks.

Most of them you meet on the road.  Most of the hedge knights you find to be reliable and solid fighters, though none you've seen so far STAND OUT all that much.  But as you ride....(roll a d100)
The ones who are unexceptional but still solid fighters I'm either willing to take the others advice on but either way they leave with literally a letter of recommendation saying that they're sold men and some silver for their efforts...

Psyckosama carried out 1 launched of one d100 :

As for the Free Riders, save for a few old mercenaries, most of them are very young men little older than you are.  Wearing rusty chainmail their fathers or grandfathers wore or leather armor, riding rounseys that barely qualify as such and armed with spears that you're convinced some of them were pitchforks or table knifes tied to a stick at some point.  Not all that heartening but their young and their wildly excited to serve with the Twin-hammer prince and all the negative reprimands in the world seem to phase them.  (Knights of the Summer some older knights mutter)
Well, there's one way to get around that...

BOOT CAMP MONTAGUE! Laughing Laughing Laughing 

Drill them into the ground. Run them hard until they break. We'll separate the wheat from the chafe.

NOTE: I've read books on Navy SEAL and Army Special Forces selection processes. I apply a lot of that shit.

Though the ones who can't hack it might even get a try if they still prove to have potential. It's just to see how far they can go and how much they can handle.

He thinks on that, then decides that yes, one last excursion might be needed before he returns to his duties.
Of course. One last Huzaa. He's still a young man after all. He needs that one last moment of youth before jumping into a lifetime of thankless responsibility...

And yes, I'm jesting about the situation slightly. But its all in good fun. I like to joke around Tyrion. Sense of humor et all.

He gives you a look but nods.
I basically spread the rumors about her and littlefinger... including the rumor she still has a flame burning for the man.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:46 am

Brian Boru wrote:Ah in that case you don't find anything that sticks out, you then head back to the inn to check on you sister.

The archer had nothing useful or indicative on him then? Pity. What quality is the bow I've ... appropriated?

She's alright, but shaken, and when she sees you she all but collapses in relief.  Your former master Martyn, asks you if you're alright and if you managed to find anything?
I reply that yes, I'd found the archer and took care of him, but there were likely others - I wasn't about to go off into the night looking, though, as I'd apparently scared them off already.

As for how I know there were others? Those wagons look fairly heavy and there was quite a number of them, wasn't there? One person could have hardly gotten them into position with any degree of promptness.

I assume the fire's been brought under control? Or at the very least everyone got out?

Anyway, given the hedge knights earlier and now this, it's definitely assassination, but we can't exactly do more than we've been doing thus far - putting up watches in shifts and taking care.

It also might be a good idea to get the archer's body and drag it back here, then ask if the inns proprietor, patrons, or just the people living in whatever village this is (unless it's a roadside inn, but I assume not, otherwise there's be a palisade and stuff blocking view of the doors) recognize our would-be assassin.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:43 pm

Psyckosama wrote:He's given a man hug. "I can't wait to see what you've done with the place."
"Oh it'll be a construction worthy of song!"

"You're a hard man, but a fair one. I know you expect the worst of people... but despite the perversion that lead to his birth he's a good child. All I ask is that you see him for his own merits, not for sins not his own."
He nods and grunts, whether in agreement or dissatisfaction...you're not sure.

"Mya, don't let your martial training slack off!"

And I wish she was coming with!
Well she does kinda need this and riding over the country-side is a bit counterproductive for this sort of thing.

"Bah! Cold's good for you old man!"
He snorts at that.

The ones who are unexceptional but still solid fighters I'm either willing to take the others advice on but either way they leave with literally a letter of recommendation saying that they're sold men and some silver for their efforts...

You do manage to find a pair of hedge knights that Barristan says "Should be better than the normal hedge knight". Their names are Edric of Hog's Horn, from a small settlement of that name near the Riverland/Crownland border. Bigger than most knights and slightly pudgey, he's still nasty with that chain flail of his.

The other Dannic Red-Eyes, a lean fellow from the Wendwater river and has Irises that are cheery red. His hairs a nut brown but those eyes.... Dannic seems a happy enough individual and is good with his longsword.

Well, there's one way to get around that...

BOOT CAMP MONTAGUE! Laughing Laughing Laughing 

Drill them into the ground. Run them hard until they break. We'll separate the wheat from the chafe.

NOTE: I've read books on Navy SEAL and Army Special Forces selection processes. I apply a lot of that shit.

Though the ones who can't hack it might even get a try if they still prove to have potential. It's just to see how far they can go and how much they can handle.
After about 5 days of this insanity (as everyone else calls it) about 60 of the near 100 free riders have scampered back home or look elsewhere for employment. The other 40 or so have stuck it out so far and you don't think they'll be scampering any time soon.

The other members of the company seem vaguely impressed though they wonder where you got the idea for this?

Of course. One last Huzaa. He's still a young man after all. He needs that one last moment of youth before jumping into a lifetime of thankless responsibility...

And yes, I'm jesting about the situation slightly. But its all in good fun. I like to joke around Tyrion. Sense of humor et all.
He laughs about how damp and miserable Dragonstone and he hopes he doesn't catch greyscale.

I basically spread the rumors about her and littlefinger... including the rumor she still has a flame burning for the man.
And there are some mutterings that go around the keep, though NEVER around Jon. Jon himself is now more than a little suspect about the man from the Fingers but Baelish ain't no one's fool and hasn't done anything crooked seeming, though that promotion DOES seem to be unlikely to happen.

Rieverre wrote:The archer had nothing useful or indicative on him then? Pity. What quality is the bow I've ... appropriated?
Well there was a small note that has you and Mya's description and the words, "Target first" along with a pouch of 20 silver stags. But otherwise not much else. As for the bow, it's of better make than your own, though it IS shorter than your current one, obviously for a shorter man.

I reply that yes, I'd found the archer and took care of him, but there were likely others - I wasn't about to go off into the night looking, though, as I'd apparently scared them off already.
As for how I know there were others? Those wagons look fairly heavy and there was quite a number of them, wasn't there? One person could have hardly gotten them into position with any degree of promptness.

I assume the fire's been brought under control? Or at the very least everyone got out?

Anyway, given the hedge knights earlier and now this, it's definitely assassination, but we can't exactly do more than we've been doing thus far - putting up watches in shifts and taking care.

It also might be a good idea to get the archer's body and drag it back here, then ask if the inns proprietor, patrons, or just the people living in whatever village this is (unless it's a roadside inn, but I assume not, otherwise there's be a palisade and stuff blocking view of the doors) recognize our would-be assassin.[/quote]
Martyn agrees and he and the other knights grab the body and take it to the locals and after some hard questioning you manage to get that he'd come in a few days ago with about 4 others, they kept to themselves though they're pretty sure at least one of them had a King's Landing accent. Other than that they don't know.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:56 pm

Brian Boru wrote:"Oh it'll be a construction worthy of song!"
"We'll have to down a cask in your honor and sing it from the highest tower! I'm sure father will insist."

He nods and grunts, whether in agreement or dissatisfaction...you're not sure.
Hard to tell with that one. Still, best to be politely neural.

"Thank you."

Well she does kinda need this and riding over the country-side is a bit counterproductive for this sort of thing.
I know. But its the spirit of things. I worry about my widdle baby sister. Wink

He snorts at that.
"Gets the blood flowing, keeps the metabolism up!"

You do manage to find a pair of hedge knights that Barristan says "Should be better than the normal hedge knight".  Their names are Edric of Hog's Horn, from a small settlement of that name near the Riverland/Crownland border.  Bigger than most knights and slightly pudgey, he's still nasty with that chain flail of his.
As long as it doesn't slow him down, who cares if he likes to eat? I do!

The other Dannic Red-Eyes, a lean fellow from the Wendwater river and has Irises that are cheery red.  His hairs a nut brown but those eyes....  Dannic seems a happy enough individual and is good with his longsword.
Well, I'm sure his family has a story about those eyes.

As long as they're both a decent sort... welcome onboard!

After about 5 days of this insanity (as everyone else calls it) about 60 of the near 100 free riders have scampered back home or look elsewhere for employment.  The other 40 or so have stuck it out so far and you don't think they'll be scampering any time soon.
Good. Now time to move onto actually training them!

The other members of the company seem vaguely impressed though they wonder where you got the idea for this?
"Well, you did when you called the Knights of Summer. If you really wanted to know how good a man is, you put him in a battle. Since I can't exactly pull a war out of my arse for vetting a bunch of free riders, I just had to do the next best thing and simulate it as best I could... I've heard enough from the older knights to know that war isn't the glorious thing the bards sing about with lines of shiny knights lining up like its one great bloody joust. It's wet, its cold, its stressful, it drives sane men mad and mad men sane... its the closest thing to hell you'll find this side of the grave."

I look at the beleaguered 'survivors'. "So put them through a spot of hell, and see who comes out the other end walking..."

He laughs about how damp and miserable Dragonstone and he hopes he doesn't catch greyscale.
"That won't do at all. The Tangaryans managed to keep Grey Scale from taking root, so I'm sure that the place just needs some renovations and maybe a coupe good fires."

And there are some mutterings that go around the keep, though NEVER around Jon.  Jon himself is now more than a little suspect about the man from the Fingers but Baelish ain't no one's fool and hasn't done anything crooked seeming, though that promotion DOES seem to be unlikely to happen.
"Just wanted to share what I've heard, that's all."

I don't mind ambition, I have ambition, but that man's toxic.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:16 pm

Brian Boru wrote:Well there was a small note that has you and Mya's description and the words, "Target first" along with a pouch of 20 silver stags.  But otherwise not much else.  As for the bow, it's of better make than your own, though it IS shorter than your current one, obviously for a shorter man.
Sod. When we have a moment alone, I'll let Mya know about this. Then apply hugs. Because this is heavy shit. Then let Martyn know and discuss things with both, though I'll understand if Ser Martyn doesn't want to get mixed up in this mess now that he's technically not my teacher anymore. The thing is, I tell both of them (or just Mya if Ser Martyn decided not to borrow this kind of trouble), we might take off and run but that won't guarantee anything. If someone is willing to go to these lengths to keep us away from King's Landing, we'll likely as not find the means of discouraging further pursuit there. Or at the very least we'll be at less of a risk of being burned down.

Oh, and Mya gets put through observation and situational awareness drill on the way. Spotting concealed weapons, memory exercises, that kind of thing, as well as keeping up the sparring. I seriously doubt that, given the situation, I'll need to motivate her any further.

As for myself, I'll make sure to practice with the bow, seeing how it measures up to my own in terms of range and accuracy. At the very least, I'm fairly certain I'll be keeping it for horseback archery, since a shorter bow tends to work better there.

Martyn agrees and he and the other knights grab the body and take it to the locals and after some hard questioning you manage to get that he'd come in a few days ago with about 4 others, they kept to themselves though they're pretty sure at least one of them had a King's Landing accent.  Other than that they don't know.
Joy. Not sure if they'll try again or not, but this certainly warrants increased vigilance from the group as a whole, I'd say.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:56 am

Psyckosama wrote:"We'll have to down a cask in your honor and sing it from the highest tower! I'm sure father will insist."
He laughs at that.

Hard to tell with that one. Still, best to be politely neural.

"Thank you."
Kool

I know. But its the spirit of things. I worry about my widdle baby sister. Wink
"STOP CALLING ME THAT!!!!!!"

"Gets the blood flowing, keeps the metabolism up!"
"Heh crazy lad..."

As long as it doesn't slow him down, who cares if he likes to eat? I do!
Alright!

Well, I'm sure his family has a story about those eyes.

As long as they're both a decent sort... welcome onboard!
They both are and they're the first that are considered worth having in your personal guard. The others are allowed to tag along for the moment but they'll be moving out to other places, with letters of recommendation from the prince and Barristan for those who deserve it.

Good. Now time to move onto actually training them!
Most of them seem to take well to it amazingly.

"Well, you did when you called the Knights of Summer. If you really wanted to know how good a man is, you put him in a battle. Since I can't exactly pull a war out of my arse for vetting a bunch of free riders, I just had to do the next best thing and simulate it as best I could... I've heard enough from the older knights to know that war isn't the glorious thing the bards sing about with lines of shiny knights lining up like its one great bloody joust. It's wet, its cold, its stressful, it drives sane men mad and mad men sane... its the closest thing to hell you'll find this side of the grave."

I look at the beleaguered 'survivors'. "So put them through a spot of hell, and see who comes out the other end walking..."
They see the usefulness in this and some knights who are related to lords seem to have a look in their eyes.

"That won't do at all. The Tangaryans managed to keep Grey Scale from taking root, so I'm sure that the place just needs some renovations and maybe a coupe good fires."
He grins and agrees to make sure the fires are hot and numerous.

"Just wanted to share what I've heard, that's all."

I don't mind ambition, I have ambition, but that man's toxic.
He thanks you for it and is a little more cautious around littlefinger.

Rieverre wrote:Sod. When we have a moment alone, I'll let Mya know about this. Then apply hugs. Because this is heavy shit. Then let Martyn know and discuss things with both, though I'll understand if Ser Martyn doesn't want to get mixed up in this mess now that he's technically not my teacher anymore. The thing is, I tell both of them (or just Mya if Ser Martyn decided not to borrow this kind of trouble), we might take off and run but that won't guarantee anything. If someone is willing to go to these lengths to keep us away from King's Landing, we'll likely as not find the means of discouraging further pursuit there. Or at the very least we'll be at less of a risk of being burned down.
Martyn and the other knights and their squires all refuse to let you alone, you saved their lives when that band attacked them and you were the one who smashed the door open, they're with you come hell or high water. Also they ought to keep onwards to king's landing, they have some words for whoever is making these hits.

Oh, and Mya gets put through observation and situational awareness drill on the way. Spotting concealed weapons, memory exercises, that kind of thing, as well as keeping up the sparring. I seriously doubt that, given the situation, I'll need to motivate her any further.
She takes the lessons without complaint.

As for myself, I'll make sure to practice with the bow, seeing how it measures up to my own in terms of range and accuracy. At the very least, I'm fairly certain I'll be keeping it for horseback archery, since a shorter bow tends to work better there.
It serves about as well as your own bow and feels more durable. It also fires well from horseback though not quite as perfectly as a Dothraki bow might.

Joy. Not sure if they'll try again or not, but this certainly warrants increased vigilance from the group as a whole, I'd say.
Right.

Onwards to King's Landing still?
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:05 am

Brian Boru wrote:He laughs at that.
Laughter all about.

"STOP CALLING ME THAT!!!!!!"
I laugh and kiss her on the forehead. "Sis, you're adorable when you're psychotically enraged."

"Heh crazy lad..."
Manic GRIN!

Alright!
Though between us, the King could lose afew stone...

They both are and they're the first that are considered worth having in your personal guard.  The others are allowed to tag along for the moment but they'll be moving out to other places, with letters of recommendation from the prince and Barristan for those who deserve it.
Yep. Which I'm sure will go a very long way.

Most of them seem to take well to it amazingly.
Those who don't make the cut still get the letter.

They see the usefulness in this and some knights who are related to lords seem to have a look in their eyes.
To those whom I trust, "This is only the beginning."

I have That Look.

He grins and agrees to make sure the fires are hot and numerous.
"Might also do to have new roofs put on. Those old castles can develop leaks..."

I get That Look once more... "In fact I have some ideas..."

He thanks you for it and is a little more cautious around littlefinger.
"I have a feeling it was as much you who was looking after me as it was Lord Nestor... in which case I owe you a debt of honor."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:53 am

Psyckosama wrote:I laugh and kiss her on the forehead. "Sis, you're adorable when you're psychotically enraged."
She huffs at that.

Yep. Which I'm sure will go a very long way.
They should.

Those who don't make the cut still get the letter.
They thank you

To those whom I trust, "This is only the beginning."

I have That Look.
Interesting.

"Might also do to have new roofs put on. Those old castles can develop leaks..."

I get That Look once more... "In fact I have some ideas..."
"Oh really?"

"I have a feeling it was as much you who was looking after me as it was Lord Nestor... in which case I owe you a debt of honor."
It is nothing lad.

First off is a visit to the Vale of Arryn and the Eyrie itself.

As you approach the gates of the moon, the Entry way to the Eyrie and the Arryn's Winter Home, you notice that Nestor Royce has already come out to greet you. There is also someone else standing with him. It looks vaguely familiar but your pretty sure that breasts like that would be long....GODS!!!! THAT'S MYRANDA!!!! WHEN DID THAT HAPPEN?!?!?!?

Imagine Anime version of Demonqueen only brown curly hair that waves down, brown eyes, a small smiling mouth, and a bit more...rounded....Cool
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:10 am

Brian Boru wrote:She huffs at that.
I laugh. "Hey hey now... so... when I go back home, how about I suggest that Myranda be sent south to be your lady in waiting? She's always wanted out of those halls... especially before her father marries her off to somebody old enough to be her grandfather."

They should.
I wish them all good luck as brother-knights.

They thank you
I think them for their time.

Interesting.
If they're willing to listen I explain that fighting in formation doesn't require much in the way of actual skill. It all depends on the equipment and training, and by training in this case I mean route memorization of basic drills and techniques...

"Oh really?"
"Oh yes... If you were to roof a building with thinly layers sheets of lead designed to funnel the water into a network of clay gutters, and making liberal use of tar to help waterproof any joins or gaps you could probably make even a relatively damn fortress as dry as an old bone."

It is nothing lad.
"To you maybe, it was just your duty and nothing to be made a fuss of. But considering how the former queen viewed my father's illegitimate children, I may very well owe you my life."

First off is a visit to the Vale of Arryn and the Eyrie itself.  
"It's good to be home."

As you approach the gates of the moon, the Entry way to the Eyrie and the Arryn's Winter Home, you notice that Nestor Royce has already come out to greet you.  There is also someone else standing with him.  It looks vaguely familiar but your pretty sure that breasts like that would be long....GODS!!!! THAT'S MYRANDA!!!!  WHEN DID THAT HAPPEN?!?!?!?

Imagine Anime version of Demonqueen only brown curly hair that waves down, brown eyes, a small smiling mouth,  and a bit more...rounded....Cool
I almost fall off of my horse and am left a sputtering mess.

"R-RANDA?!"

I'm thinking the two of us had a long standing dance... mostly consisting of her flirting and me blushing and wishing I wasn't so damned neurotic.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:56 am

Brian Boru wrote:Martyn and the other knights and their squires all refuse to let you alone, you saved their lives when that band attacked them and you were the one who smashed the door open, they're with you come hell or high water.  Also they ought to keep onwards to king's landing, they have some words for whoever is making these hits.
Well, if they feel like that, who'm I to tell them 'no'? This ought to have the added benefit of letting us set up a little camp of our own on the tourney grounds, and while it might negatively impact my anonymity for whoever cares to actually look, there's some safety in numbers.

She takes the lessons without complaint.
Good. That works wonders for my peace of mind.

It serves about as well as your own bow and feels more durable.  It also fires well from horseback though not quite as perfectly as a Dothraki bow might.
I'll be using it primarily then, and stow my old one away as a spare.

Onwards to King's Landing still?
Yup. Off we go into the belly of the beast.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:26 am

Psyckosama wrote:I laugh. "Hey hey now... so... when I go back home, how about I suggest that Myranda be sent south to be your lady in waiting? She's always wanted out of those halls... especially before her father marries her off to somebody old enough to be her grandfather."
That's a thought and she thanks you for offering to do so.

I wish them all good luck as brother-knights.
Kool

I think them for their time.
Kool

If they're willing to listen I explain that fighting in formation doesn't require much in the way of actual skill. It all depends on the equipment and training, and by training in this case I mean route memorization of basic drills and techniques...
Ah.

"Oh yes... If you were to roof a building with thinly layers sheets of lead designed to funnel the water into a network of clay gutters, and making liberal use of tar to help waterproof any joins or gaps you could probably make even a relatively damn fortress as dry as an old bone."
He has a curious look on his face....

"To you maybe, it was just your duty and nothing to be made a fuss of. But considering how the former queen viewed my father's illegitimate children, I may very well owe you my life."
He smiles, then dips his head and says, "Then it is my pleasure to accept your gratitude."

"It's good to be home."
Robert seems a bit nostalgic.

I almost fall off of my horse and am left a sputtering mess.

"R-RANDA?!"

I'm thinking the two of us had a long standing dance... mostly consisting of her flirting and me blushing and wishing I wasn't so damned neurotic.
The young lady bows respectively as does her father. He invites the entire party to his hall and promises a feast to be held tonight. As you move along you notice that Myranda smirks a little impishly in your direction every once in a while. The feast isn't for a few hours, anything you want to do?

Rieverre wrote:Well, if they feel like that, who'm I to tell them 'no'? This ought to have the added benefit of letting us set up a little camp of our own on the tourney grounds, and while it might negatively impact my anonymity for whoever cares to actually look, there's some safety in numbers.
True

Good. That works wonders for my peace of mind.
True

I'll be using it primarily then, and stow my old one away as a spare.
Alright.

Yup. Off we go into the belly of the beast.
Several days after your harrowing escape from the inn you finally reach it. The great Red Keep, the place where the might Aegon the conqueror landed 300 years ago to form a kingdom and dynasty that dominated an entire continent. It also stinks to high heaven when the wind blows towards you.

Well you're here now...anything you want to do before the tourney starts tomorrow? And what do you wish to enlist as?
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:36 am

Brian Boru wrote:That's a thought and she thanks you for offering to do so.
Another forehead kiss. "Anything for my sister."

Ah.
And using those methods you could make Peasant Levies actually... well...worth something.

He has a curious look on his face....
I pull out a piece of paper and start to draw.

He smiles, then dips his head and says, "Then it is my pleasure to accept your gratitude."
"And my honor to give it, Lord Jon. Join me for a cup of wine?

Robert seems a bit nostalgic.
"I know."

The young lady bows respectively as does her father.  He invites the entire party to his hall and promises a feast to be held tonight.
Well, first I glare at the king and mutter "Yeah yeah, yuck it up old man."

Once I recover myself I graciously accept the invite along with Robert.

As you move along you notice that Myranda smirks a little impishly in your direction every once in a while.
What else is news? Only this time I kinda respond in kind

The feast isn't for a few hours, anything you want to do?
You mean besides Randa? But that might be best to wait for midnight snack... Wink

I check on my cat and walk to my friends. Is Mycheal present?

If so I talk to his master and ask if he is ready to become a knight. I'd like to have him by my side if he is.

If so I'd like to make a scene of knighting him during dinner and asking him to be one of my comrades and make a speech about how I value his comradely.

Like I say, not done without his masters consent and I'd check with my father and probably Tyrion too. I want to make sure this is a good idea first.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:51 am

Psyckosama wrote:Another forehead kiss. "Anything for my sister."
Alright she gets it, now get going! She does tell you to take care one last time.

And using those methods you could make Peasant Levies actually... well...worth something.
Now there's a thought.

I pull out a piece of paper and start to draw.
He watches you with strong intent.

"And my honor to give it, Lord Jon. Join me for a cup of wine?
He raises an eyebrow but shrugs "Alright."

"I know."
He then regales you about all the adventures he had here and around the mountains with Ned when he was a lad. You get the feeling that those were some of the happiest days of his life.

Well, first I glare at the king and mutter "Yeah yeah, yuck it up old man."
He chuckles harder.

Once I recover myself I graciously accept the invite along with Robert.
"Welcome back Lad, or rather...my Prince."

What else is news? Only this time I kinda respond in kind
She blinks in surprise, then the most intrigued look you've ever seen spreads on her face.

You mean besides Randa? But that might be best to wait for midnight snack... Wink
Heh

I check on my cat and walk to my friends. Is Mycheal present?
The cat's happy and healthy.

and Mychel's actually with his master visiting Ser Corbray's Brother.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:13 am

Brian Boru wrote:
Alright she gets it, now get going!  She does tell you to take care one last time.
"Of course. And when I get back you better not have been turned into some useless highborn lady... otherwise I might have to drag you into the woods and throw mud on you until I get my leather clad tomboy sister back"

Now there's a thought.
They can see my gears grinding.

He watches you with strong intent.
I present him with a rather intricate and modern looking set of gutters for keeping water off of the roof.

He raises an eyebrow but shrugs "Alright."
I have a reasonably good vintage brought in. Something tasty but not very strong.

The idea is to enjoy it, not to get drunk after all.

He then regales you about all the adventures he had here and around the mountains with Ned when he was a lad.  You get the feeling that those were some of the happiest days of his life.
I counter with my own of Mya and I causing holy hell. Until puberty struck they couldn't tell which mud covered bastard was which!

Why we would sometimes answer to each others names just to befuddle and annoy the staff! Very Happy

He chuckles harder.
Mock glare.

"Welcome back Lad, or rather...my Prince."
"To you Lord Nestor, it's lad..." I smile and embrace him.

"You have my thanks for a lifetime of protection and when a time comes that I am able to do so, I will see to it that you are properly rewarded for your deeds as befits a man of your standing and ability."

She blinks in surprise, then the most intrigued look you've ever seen spreads on her face.
She probably knows that I have a hangup related to the possibility of pregnancy... and her father was probably formally hostile to the idea too.

Heh
As I pass by her I do whisper "I have several pounds of Moon Tea in my baggage..."

The cat's happy and healthy.
When we leave I want him sent to Mya in King's Landing.

and Mychel's actually with his master visiting Ser Corbray's Brother.
Actually, I'd like to ask Nestor for a personal favor. I vet this with Robert first, and pending his approval, I ask for Ser Corbray to join us along with his squire as a guard on the trip.

It's also a chance for the king to get the metal of the boy his eldest girl likes so much.

I also would like to forward my sisters desire to honor Myranda as her Lady in Waiting. Again, with Robert's approval.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:51 am

Psyckosama wrote:"Of course. And when I get back you better not have been turned into some useless highborn lady... otherwise I might have to drag you into the woods and throw mud on you until I get my leather clad tomboy sister back"
She laughs at that.

They can see my gears grinding.
Heh.

I present him with a rather intricate and modern looking set of gutters for keeping water off of the roof.
He looks it over and he seems pretty intrigued.

I have a reasonably good vintage brought in. Something tasty but not very strong.

The idea is to enjoy it, not to get drunk after all.'
It's enjoyed.

I counter with my own of Mya and I causing holy hell. Until puberty struck they couldn't tell which mud covered bastard was which!

Why we would sometimes answer to each others names just to befuddle and annoy the staff! Very Happy
That gets a bunch of laughs there.

"To you Lord Nestor, it's lad..." I smile and embrace him.

"You have my thanks for a lifetime of protection and when a time comes that I am able to do so, I will see to it that you are properly rewarded for your deeds as befits a man of your standing and ability."
He's more than a little surprised, but he isn't displeased that you seem to think so highly of him.

She probably knows that I have a hangup related to the possibility of pregnancy... and her father was probably formally hostile to the idea too.
....and now....

As I pass by her I do whisper "I have several pounds of Moon Tea in my baggage..."
Her eyes widen momentarily, then she smiles.

When we leave I want him sent to Mya in King's Landing.
Alright.

Actually, I'd like to ask Nestor for a personal favor. I vet this with Robert first, and pending his approval, I ask for Ser Corbray to join us along with his squire as a guard on the trip.
Doesn't have much trouble with it. They'll send out a Raven.

It's also a chance for the king to get the metal of the boy his eldest girl likes so much.
That also piques his interest.

I also would like to forward my sisters desire to honor Myranda as her Lady in Waiting. Again, with Robert's approval.
Lord Nestor and Robert have no problems with that and neither does Myranda. In fact she seems...quite...satisfied....
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:13 am

Brian Boru wrote:She laughs at that.
"Seriously. I've heard good things about the Mormonts of Bear Island... I've heard Dacey is equally as competent in armor as she is in a dress. Think I should send out a couple feelers? I'm sure I could talk father into stopping by, and if she seems to be what the stories tell she just might be useful as someone to teach you

He looks it over and he seems pretty intrigued.
"Come... let me show you the real magic I'm working."

I show him my prototype printing press... and paper.

"Behold, the most powerful weapon in the world..."

It's enjoyed.
Polite and friendly with light conversation.

That gets a bunch of laughs there.
"I swear, half the spankings we got were simply and excuse to get our bottoms down so they could see which is which. I'm sure there was many a cup drank in thanks to the maiden when Mya's hips started to spread."

I take a deep breath. "I'll be honest with you father... half the reason I went to that torny was for her sake. Her her recognized. It wasn't just about me. I know she likes Mycheal, I also know there isn't a pretty boy's chance on a ship named the 'Buggerer' that any lord would allow even his youngest to marry a nameless bastard. King's Daughter though... whole other story. I wanted to give her a chance to be happy. I still would have done it regardless of her benefit had there not been one, but I still would have done it had there been no benefit to myself."

"I love my sister more than anything and have always been more worried about her happiness than my own."

He's more than a little surprised, but he isn't displeased that you seem to think so highly of him.
Later on I say in passing to Tyrion "Always tip generously"

Her eyes widen momentarily, then she smiles.
And now I intend to make it much wider.

Alright.
I love that damned cat!

Pamper the damned thing.

Doesn't have much trouble with it.  They'll send out a Raven.
"My thanks."

That also piques his interest.
Great. Smile

Lord Nestor and Robert have no problems with that and neither does Myranda.  In fact she seems...quite...satisfied....
Wonderful. So how does the feast and festivities go?

If I see Robert's eyes wandering I hand him some of my moon tea and say "If I end up with any new siblings I swear by the seven and all of the old gods,that one day you'll wake up with them snipped and I will swear total ignorance..."

I hand Tyrion some too if he doesn't have a supply on hand. "Here you will find the finest arses in all of Westeros..."

How do the others go? For example how is my former master taken in now he's a princes guard?

Anyways, is that all that's here?

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 34 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 22 ... 34  Next