Giant Stompy Robots
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus!

+2
Psyckosama
Brian Boru
6 posters

Page 24 of 34 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 29 ... 34  Next

Go down

Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus! - Page 24 Empty Re: Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus!

Post by Psyckosama Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:04 am

The member 'Rieverre' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd10' : 1

Psyckosama
Admin

https://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus! - Page 24 Empty Re: Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus!

Post by Brian Boru Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:40 am

Psyckosama wrote:And its on!

See above for how that fight went.

"I'm still the pretty one..."

A swat on the shoulder.

"I actually had an idea for Dragonpit. Kick out the pyromancers and turn at least part of it into a massive amphitheater. Hold regular torments... for profit. People have to pay for entry and the better the seat the more expensive the ticket."

He grins, "I like it!"

"If anything, I understate. You are a married woman after all..."

Smiles.

I nod. It's a shame.

"You work with the lot the gods give you."

That was an observation.

Still Stands.

I try not to look too overpleased. Modisty.

Your efforts flounder a bit. But none care you're doing an excellent job telling the story.

I glance over to the King and Tyrion. "Well, how accurate was my telling would you think?"

General consensus is that you understated things. Olena raises an eyebrow at that. But she doesn't disparate you any more.

Then a group musicians begin a dancing song. Mace and his lady wife stride in, Mace shocking agile for a man of his bulk but he jiggles, dear gods does he JIGGLE!

You dance?

Rieverre wrote:Ffffffffffffff ... or something equally incoherent is what I imagine I'm screaming. And if I'm not unhorsed or instantly knocked out, I'm probably retaliating on principle.

That blow could have killed, should have killed you, at the very least layed you out cold for weeks. How ever instead of blackness, a white hot fury builds up in you along with a shocking amount of clarity considering the sharp blow.

Clegane stares at you, a bit surprised you ain't dead or out cold.

You can feel that fury building up demanding to be let loose. Do you claim that fury that is your birthright? Or force it down? Note that rage is half of what's keeping you lucid.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:54 am

Brian Boru wrote:
See above for how that fight went.

Yep.

A swat on the shoulder.

I laugh and throw my arm around him. "Age before beauty, old man! Age before beauty!"

He grins, "I like it!"

"I believe the saying in this case is you 'get your cake and eat it too'. I know you love Tornys. They're expensive. So instead of YOU paying for them, maybe the people who want to watch them pay. They won't be grand, after all, grand tornys are meant to be a rare and precious thing... but the common once could be almost constant... why... we could even set up a league. Instead of each torny having a grand champion, instead set it up so each torny is itself a round of a even greater torny that lasts an entire year!"

Smiles.

I wink at Mace. "Lucky man."

"You work with the lot the gods give you."

"I've always felt the fortune favors the bold."

Still Stands.

Fair enough.

Your efforts flounder a bit.  But none care you're doing an excellent job telling the story.

I really do try and be humble most of the time. Nobody likes a bragart.

General consensus is that you understated things.  Olena raises an eyebrow at that.  But she doesn't disparate you any more.

I look at her. "I must politely disagree, m'lady. Deeds not words. I believe that is the heart of what it means to be a knight."

Then a group musicians begin a dancing song.  Mace and his lady wife stride in, Mace shocking agile for a man of his bulk but he jiggles, dear gods does he JIGGLE!

You dance?

Of course!

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:05 am

Psyckosama wrote:I laugh and throw my arm around him. "Age before beauty, old man! Age before beauty!"

More laughs.

"I believe the saying in this case is you 'get your cake and eat it too'. I know you love Tourneys. They're expensive. So instead of YOU paying for them, maybe the people who want to watch them pay. They won't be grand, after all, grand tornys are meant to be a rare and precious thing... but the common once could be almost constant... why... we could even set up a league. Instead of each torny having a grand champion, instead set it up so each torny is itself a round of a even greater torny that lasts an entire year!"

That IS an interesting idea...he's intrigued, something else to think on when you get back to King's Landing.

I wink at Mace. "Lucky man."

He chuckles and thanks you.

"I've always felt the fortune favors the bold."

That is true as well, and a nice turn of phrase, he'll have to remember that one.

I really do try and be humble most of the time. Nobody likes a bragart.

Not bragging in their eyes but they do find you charming.

I look at her. "I must politely disagree, m'lady. Deeds not words. I believe that is the heart of what it means to be a knight."

She snorts but she accepts it for the time being.

Of course!

Margaery immediately hogs all your time, actually puffing up like a cat if girls 5 years older than her try to cut in.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:41 am

Brian Boru wrote:More laughs.

It's an good moment. I bet Tywin is SEETHING.

Did Walder take part?

That IS an interesting idea...he's intrigued, something else to think on when you get back to King's Landing.

"Why wait? Send the order to the Hand and let him arrange it. It's a way to bring in income so he might as well get started. At least that way the renovations will be underway by the time we arrive. We can even keep the name. Dragon Pit sounds like the nice, intimidating kind of name for a nice violent torny ground."

He chuckles and thanks you.

Moving on...

That is true as well, and a nice turn of phrase, he'll have to remember that one.

I smile. "Thank you."

Not bragging in their eyes but they do find you charming.

Cool

She snorts but she accepts it for the time being.

I sigh.

Margaery immediately hogs all your time, actually puffing up like a cat if girls 5 years older than her try to cut in.

Anyways. Moving on.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:39 am

Brian Boru wrote:That blow could have killed, should have killed you, at the very least layed you out cold for weeks.  How ever instead of blackness, a white hot fury builds up in you along with a shocking amount of clarity considering the sharp blow.  

Clegane stares at you, a bit surprised you ain't dead or out cold.

You can feel that fury building up demanding to be let loose.  Do you claim that fury that is your birthright?  Or force it down?  Note that rage is half of what's keeping you lucid.

It's not a matter of choice. At that particular moment in time, I'm not _thinking_ at all.

Fight or flight isn't even a question - fight was decided a long time ago. Now I'm just reacting. And that reaction happens to be an explosion of violence that breaks my metal-shod truncheon (how'd that get in my hand, I would later have the facilities to actually wonder) against the Mountain's faceplate to take him aback ... and then makes me grip my bastard sword by the blade and Mordhau the motherfucker, fury driving each subsequent blow.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:11 am

Psyckosama wrote:It's an good moment. I bet Tywin is SEETHING.

If looks could kill you'd both be smoldering ashes.

Did Walder take part?

Some.

"Why wait? Send the order to the Hand and let him arrange it. It's a way to bring in income so he might as well get started. At least that way the renovations will be underway by the time we arrive. We can even keep the name. Dragon Pit sounds like the nice, intimidating kind of name for a nice violent torny ground."

He nods and has a Raven sent.

Moving on...

Alright.

I smile. "Thank you."

Kool

I sigh.

Olenna is an old woman who's played this game a LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG time. She's used to gallant, moronic, and braggart men or men that are any combination of those three. Her Grandson Willas is one of her absurdly few exceptions.

Anyways. Moving on.

Well the evening goes well and many are impressed with your quick uptake on Reach Dances.

The next day is the tourney. It ends up becoming a mounted team melee. The king, you, and 18 of your retinue, Hodor is one of them, he's a competant rider and that log he insists is a cudgel can cause some rediculous damage. Against Garlan and 19 of the best Highgarden has to offer two of them you notice are Arryk and Erryk, the personal bodyguards of lady Olenna, you think they're the closest anyone has gotten to compare to Gregor in size and mass. Gregor was still bigger but they come close.

How do you want to do this?

Rieverre wrote:It's not a matter of choice. At that particular moment in time, I'm not _thinking_ at all.

Fight or flight isn't even a question - fight was decided a long time ago. Now I'm just reacting. And that reaction happens to be an explosion of violence that breaks my metal-shod truncheon (how'd that get in my hand, I would later have the facilities to actually wonder) against the Mountain's faceplate to take him aback ... and then makes me grip my bastard sword by the blade and Mordhau the motherfucker, fury driving each subsequent blow.

The cudgel shatters on the huge man's helm, metal and wooden splinters go flying everywhere. The shriek of agony that erupts from that huge throat sends a shiver down the spines of all who hear it. Like a dragon with it's wings being shredded.

That moment of stunned pain is enough that you bring your sword up and reversed and soon you rain a storm of blows on your oppent's head and shoulders. Your sight goes red and the only thought going through your mind is KILL KILL!

One strike knocks him clean off his horse, you vaugely notice vaulting off your horse to continue the blows, it's only with a bellow from the king to stop that finally snaps you out of your rage. When you come to you realize that your head is bleeding profusely and your vision is getting blurry. But you won, Clegane, the last of the other fighters, is so thrashed you barely notice his chest armor shifting slightly with his breathing, his helm is ruined and his shoulder armor looks like someone shot ballista bolt at it at point blank range.

Roll a d10 to see if you faint or not.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:18 am

Brian Boru wrote:If looks could kill you'd both be smoldering ashes.

I don't taunt him.

Some.

Some what? How well did he do?

He nods and has a Raven sent.  

Make sure to explain the logic behind it. I'm sure he'll be less... touche if you explain its a money making scheme.

Olenna is an old woman who's played this game a LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG time.  She's used to gallant, moronic, and braggart men or men that are any combination of those three.  Her Grandson Willas is one of her absurdly few exceptions.

Ah. Well, I hope to also count as an exception.

Gallant, I'd like to be. But I also want to be wise and humble.

Well the evening goes well and many are impressed with your quick uptake on Reach Dances.

Righto. Well, I also spend some time talking with others.

The next day is the tourney.  It ends up becoming a mounted team melee.  The king, you, and 18 of your retinue, Hodor is one of them, he's a competant rider and that log he insists is a cudgel can cause some rediculous damage.  Against Garlan and 19 of the best Highgarden has to offer two of them you notice are Arryk and Erryk, the personal bodyguards of lady Olenna, you think they're the closest anyone has gotten to compare to Gregor in size and mass.  Gregor was still bigger but they come close.

How do you want to do this?

Honestly, the king is my superior here. I will go with his plans but I personally suggest a good clean fight. After all, these are our bannermen technically. Lets kick thier asses but try and avoid any casulties. Though I want my try at Garlan and I think Hodor and I need to take down Arryk and Erryk as quickly as possible. I'm using my hammer for this as I have no desire to shed the blood of my hosts and comrades.

Anyways

Psyckosama carried out 1 launched of one d10 :

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:03 am

Brian Boru wrote:The cudgel shatters on the huge man's helm, metal and wooden splinters go flying everywhere.  The shriek of agony that erupts from that huge throat sends a shiver down the spines of all who hear it.  Like a dragon with it's wings being shredded.

That moment of stunned pain is enough that you bring your sword up and reversed and soon you rain a storm of blows on your oppent's head and shoulders.  Your sight goes red and the only thought going through your mind is KILL KILL!

One strike knocks him clean off his horse, you vaugely notice vaulting off your horse to continue the blows, it's only with a bellow from the king to stop that finally snaps you out of your rage.  When you come to you realize that your head is bleeding profusely and your vision is getting blurry.  But you won, Clegane, the last of the other fighters, is so thrashed you barely notice his chest armor shifting slightly with his breathing, his helm is ruined and his shoulder armor looks like someone shot ballista bolt at it at point blank range.

Roll a d10 to see if you faint or not.

I plant my sword in the ground and prop myself up, hoping I don't fall on my face ...
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:03 am

The member 'Rieverre' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd10' : 5

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:39 am

Psyckosama wrote:I don't taunt him.

Wise decision.

Make sure to explain the logic behind it. I'm sure he'll be less... touche if you explain its a money making scheme.

Good point.

Ah. Well, I hope to also count as an exception.

Gallant, I'd like to be. But I also want to be wise and humble.

It might take a little while but she's no one's fool and can usually sniff out competence quickly enough.

Righto. Well, I also spend some time talking with others.

They find you intelligent and while slightly eccentric they merely chalk it up to living in the vale and especially the Eyrie.

Honestly, the king is my superior here. I will go with his plans but I personally suggest a good clean fight. After all, these are our bannermen technically. Lets kick thier asses but try and avoid any casulties. Though I want my try at Garlan and I think Hodor and I need to take down Arryk and Erryk as quickly as possible. I'm using my hammer for this as I have no desire to shed the blood of my hosts and comrades.

Anyways

They agree with that. Robert you and Hodor take the center, the plan being to pierce the center, split the Reachmen and take them out in chunks....

and it works GLORIOUSLY!

Although Garlan managed to take out several of your fellows, the rest of the Reachmen are obliterated You, Robert, and Hodor rip through them like a chainsaw through rotten wood. When the fight over you and your father stand victorious like ancient war gods.

Rieverre wrote:I plant my sword in the ground and prop myself up, hoping I don't fall on my face ...

Unfortunately a wave of nausea hits you and you empty your stomach before collapsing to your knees. But you retain conciousness. You're dragged off the field and you finally black out. When you come to you are one single gigantic ACHE! Your head being the worst. Your in a very soft bed with blankets. You're wearing nice pajamas and your injuries are very nicely bandaged.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:34 am

Brian Boru wrote:Good point.

I wonder what his response will be?

It might take a little while but she's no one's fool and can usually sniff out competence quickly enough.

Righto. Well, tell me how she reacts.

They find you intelligent and while slightly eccentric they merely chalk it up to living in the vale and especially the Eyrie.

Only slightly? Wink

Anyways, I think all the most interested people are eccentric in their own way.

They agree with that.  Robert you and Hodor take the center, the plan being to pierce the center, split the Reachmen and take them out in chunks....

and it works GLORIOUSLY!  

Although Garlan managed to take out several of your fellows, the rest of the Reachmen are obliterated You, Robert, and Hodor rip through them like a chainsaw through rotten wood.  When the fight over you and your father stand victorious like ancient war gods.

"A fine day's contest, wouldn't you say, father?"

I holp Garlan to his feet and say "And to honor our foes, we'll cover the tab of our glorious foes." in a lower voice, "We'll pay for the food and drink, but your wrenching is your own buisness."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:36 am

Brian Boru wrote:Unfortunately a wave of nausea hits you and you empty your stomach before collapsing to your knees.  But you retain conciousness.  You're dragged off the field and you finally black out.  When you come to you are one single gigantic ACHE!  Your head being the worst.  Your in a very soft bed with blankets.  You're wearing nice pajamas and your injuries are very nicely bandaged.

... not the worst place I've ever woken up in.

I take a few moments to lie perfectly still and take stock of the room as a whole, as well as waiting to see if I can get a better idea of my own condition than just 'one gigantic ache'. Then I try moving.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:36 am

Psyckosama wrote:I wonder what his response will be?

We'll see.

Righto. Well, tell me how she reacts.

She does seem more interested in you and she makes sure Margaery is nearby. Nothing like that she isn't that crass but she does make sure that the girl can observe you and your father see you together.

Only slightly? Wink

If they think you more so they don't show it.

Anyways, I think all the most interested people are eccentric in their own way.

Heh

"A fine day's contest, wouldn't you say, father?"

"HAH! That it is lad, that it is!"

I holp Garlan to his feet and say "And to honor our foes, we'll cover the tab of our glorious foes." in a lower voice, "We'll pay for the food and drink, but your wrenching is your own buisness."

Amazingly the man doesn't seem to hold a grudge, he just laughs, brushes himself off, and says that was the most fun and excitement he's had in years, and it was an honor to test his skill against the Stormlords. He also will take your offer for the food and drink but his little wife is more than enough for him.

Rieverre wrote:... not the worst place I've ever woken up in.

Heh

I take a few moments to lie perfectly still and take stock of the room as a whole, as well as waiting to see if I can get a better idea of my own condition than just 'one gigantic ache'. Then I try moving.

It takes a few minutes, but you learn that it is your head and shoulders that hurt the most out of everything, you're also very lightheaded and you feel if you touch your head you actually might start the bleeding again.

Slowly but surely you lift yourself, up, the pain intensifies, but not enough to force you back down again. When you finally get yourself to a seated position, a maid comes in with some fresh blankets, she squeaks when she sees that you're up. "My Lord, I didn't know you were already awake." She quickly curtsies.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:54 am

Brian Boru wrote:She does seem more interested in you and she makes sure Margaery is nearby.  Nothing like that she isn't that crass but she does make sure that the girl can observe you and your father see you together.

Righto. Well, I'm probably an interesting contrast from the king.

If they think you more so they don't show it.

Heh. Well, my character is admittedly eccentric.

"HAH!  That it is lad, that it is!"

"I don't know about you but this is hungry work. I'm in the mood for a fine roast of venison? What say you?"

Amazingly the man doesn't seem to hold a grudge, he just laughs, brushes himself off, and says that was the most fun and excitement he's had in years, and it was an honor to test his skill against the Stormlords.  He also will take your offer for the food and drink but his little wife is more than enough for him.

"I've seen your little wife and I can say that I understand completely. She's a lovely woman and you my dear friend are a lucky man... But I was speaking for your comrades as well. A vague disclaimer is noone's friend."

So feasting and celebration?

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:05 am

Brian Boru wrote:It takes a few minutes, but you learn that it is your head and shoulders that hurt the most out of everything, you're also very lightheaded and you feel if you touch your head you actually might start the bleeding again.

Makes sense. They'd have taken the most trauma.

Slowly but surely you lift yourself, up, the pain intensifies, but not enough to force you back down again.  When you finally get yourself to a seated position, a maid comes in with some fresh blankets, she squeaks when she sees that you're up.  "My Lord, I didn't know you were already awake."  She quickly curtsies.

... might be just a courtesy, but I certainly don't recall being one when I was knocked out ... oh well, I'll know before too long.

"How long was I unconscious," I ask, or try to ... I imagine my mouth is dry as sawdust at this point. "Actually, nevermind. Get me something to drink. Or eat. Or both. Warm soup would be best."

If I lost enough blood to feel this bad, I'll need liquids. Also, easier on the stomach and less chance of me throwing them up.

... also, hungry.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:12 am

Psyckosama wrote:Righto. Well, I'm probably an interesting contrast from the king.

Indeed, that and Mace and Bobby can see how the two of you look together.

Heh. Well, my character is admittedly eccentric.

Heh

"I don't know about you but this is hungry work. I'm in the mood for a fine roast of venison? What say you?"

"I THOUGHT YOU'D NEVER ASK LAD!"

"I've seen your little wife and I can say that I understand completely. She's a lovely woman and you my dear friend are a lucky man... But I was speaking for your comrades as well. A vague disclaimer is noone's friend."

He chuckles and says that there are likely some who'd take up that offer. He also says that he thanks you for the complement for his lady love, and he hopes that you will find one like that some day.

So feasting and celebration?

Oh yes indeed. You, Robert, and Hodor are the center of attention that evening. Many amazed at Hodor's brute strength, but they do make sure to give their complements to you and your father first.

Maergery is awed at you and even Old lady Ollena is vaugely impressed, not many can thrash Garlan like that anymore.

Rieverre wrote:Makes sense. They'd have taken the most trauma.

Heh.

... might be just a courtesy, but I certainly don't recall being one when I was knocked out ... oh well, I'll know before too long.

"How long was I unconscious," I ask, or try to ... I imagine my mouth is dry as sawdust at this point. "Actually, nevermind. Get me something to drink. Or eat. Or both. Warm soup would be best."

She curtsies and rushes out, then returns, "It's been three days my lord."

If I lost enough blood to feel this bad, I'll need liquids. Also, easier on the stomach and less chance of me throwing them up.

... also, hungry.

She quickly rushes in with a bowl of soup, thick with onion, and chicken but soft enough for you to stomach easily.

As she helps you eat, the old Grand Maester, Pycelle you think his name is, comes in, "Good day my lord, I see that you've woken. A miracle I must say, for when I examined you I would have imagined you to have permanently lost your wits, the way your skull was shattered."

He then examines you, "Incredible...the bone is...fusing back together....but that shouldn't have come this far for months!"
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:27 am

Brian Boru wrote:Indeed, that and Mace and Bobby can see how the two of you look together.

Heh. Well, I was talking about Robert and I actually...

"I THOUGHT YOU'D NEVER ASK LAD!"

"Be careful though. You want to keep your fighting trim now that you have it back!"

He chuckles and says that there are likely some who'd take up that offer.  He also says that he thanks you for the complement for his lady love, and he hopes that you will find one like that some day.

I smile wistfully thinking of Myranda and Dacey. "I'm already more lucky than most."

Oh yes indeed.  You, Robert, and Hodor are the center of attention that evening.  Many amazed at Hodor's brute strength, but they do make sure to give their complements to you and your father first.

I'm humble and good natured about it all making sure to speak highly of the virtues of everyone in the contest.

Maergery is awed at you and even Old lady Ollena is vaugely impressed, not many can thrash Garlan like that anymore.

"He fought well, but I had luck and the king on my side. There's no man in the seven kingdoms better in a fight than my father... and I'd like to believe that I'd know better than most having had the honor to fight a good many of them."

My face darkens a bit. "And having the distinct privilege of sending Gregor Clegane to the gods account for his many, many sins..."

Seriously, if asked... in most cases, in most kills I've made and lives I have taken I regret that there hadn't been a peaceful option. I revere all life and consider bloodshed to only be honorable when staying ones hand will leave to the greater evil.

In his case... my only regret is that he had but one life to end.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:40 am

Brian Boru wrote:She quickly rushes in with a bowl of soup, thick with onion, and chicken but soft enough for you to stomach easily.

Ah. That does hit the spot. Though after a while I find myself picking apart flavors as a distraction.

As she helps you eat, the old Grand Maester, Pycelle you think his name is, comes in, "Good day my lord, I see that you've woken.  A miracle I must say, for when I examined you I would have imagined you to have permanently lost your wits, the way your skull was shattered."

"The last thing I remember is Clegane nearly knocking my head off," I say after a moment. "What happened?"

Outside perspective would be good, even if it is Pycelle.

He then examines you, "Incredible...the bone is...fusing back together....but that shouldn't have come this far for months!"

"I seem to be in the business of amusing the Stranger. Guess he didn't feel like finding another chew-toy."

Once I'm done with the food, and before I ask for seconds and some milk (given everything, I could use the calcium) I tell the maid to go get my sister. Mya's either climbing the walls or getting ready to go on a roaring rampage of revenge.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:06 am

Psyckosama wrote:Heh. Well, I was talking about Robert and I actually...

Ah.

"Be careful though. You want to keep your fighting trim now that you have it back!"

"Ha! Got ya lad."

I smile wistfully thinking of Myranda and Dacey. "I'm already more lucky than most."

"Oh is that so? Got a name for her?"

I'm humble and good natured about it all making sure to speak highly of the virtues of everyone in the contest.

Many are charmed by your humility though Olenna wonders if that's an act, no bastard gets to where you are now without a stupendous amount of ambition.

"He fought well, but I had luck and the king on my side. There's no man in the seven kingdoms better in a fight than my father... and I'd like to believe that I'd know better than most having had the honor to fight a good many of them."

My face darkens a bit. "And having the distinct privilege of sending Gregor Clegane to the gods account for his many, many sins..."

Seriously, if asked... in most cases, in most kills I've made and lives I have taken I regret that there hadn't been a peaceful option. I revere all life and consider bloodshed to only be honorable when staying ones hand will leave to the greater evil.

In his case... my only regret is that he had but one life to end.

The two seem impressed by your words and outlook, though for different reasons. Olenna comments that at least you aren't a bloodthirsty loon, but you are odd that you're good at something you seem to dislike.

Rieverre wrote:Ah. That does hit the spot. Though after a while I find myself picking apart flavors as a distraction.

A collection of spices and other flavorings that you've never tasted before but you admit are amazing.

"The last thing I remember is Clegane nearly knocking my head off," I say after a moment. "What happened?"

Outside perspective would be good, even if it is Pycelle.

"Well....ermm...you went...mad really. You roared like a beast and all but killed Gregor Clegane, his helmet's destroyed and his skull was about as shattered as yours but he hasn't recovered like you did and in my personal opinion he isn't going to. He still breaths but that is all I can say for his condition."

"I seem to be in the business of amusing the Stranger. Guess he didn't feel like finding another chew-toy."

Once I'm done with the food, and before I ask for seconds and some milk (given everything, I could use the calcium) I tell the maid to go get my sister. Mya's either climbing the walls or getting ready to go on a roaring rampage of revenge.

Pycelle leaves not long after and the maid, after getting a pitcher of chilled milk, rushes off to find your sister. She all but explodes through the door. When she sees you she wails and clutches your chest crying. This isn't like Mya at all, your injuries but have terrified her.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:24 am

Brian Boru wrote:"Ha!  Got ya lad."

MAN HUG!

"Oh is that so?  Got a name for her?"

"That my friend is a long complicated story best said in private and under something of an understanding that you will maintain a degree of secrecy."

Many are charmed by your humility though Olenna wonders if that's an act, no bastard gets to where you are now without a stupendous amount of ambition.

"One can be humble and possess ambition. I give credit where it's due and I make sure that no man feels slighted or forgotten. If it means that I walk out with less glory then is it something I gladly give that my comrades may stand proud. I'll just have to work harder, and through that effort I seek honor not just myself but the people I hold dear."

The two seem impressed by your words and outlook, though for different reasons.  Olenna comments that at least you aren't a bloodthirsty loon, but you are odd that you're good at something you seem to dislike.

"I believe that there are two types of people in this world. There are reasonable people and unreasonable people. Reasonable people can be talked to. You can find common ground and reach if you work hard, find an understanding that is at least acceptable to both parties. This is what makes us more than clever beasts in my eyes. This ability to reason is what separates man from animal." My eyes harden. "Then you have the other kind. They do not understand or care to understand reason. They cannot be reasoned with and understand only understand only one language. Violence. Those individuals you would handle any other willful, disobedient animal. You beat it until it does what its told."

I grin. "I like to be able to present a persuasive argument no matter the language."

Speak softy and carry a big stick. Wink

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:35 am

Psyckosama wrote:MAN HUG!

Heh

"That my friend is a long complicated story best said in private and under something of an understanding that you will maintain a degree of secrecy."

He chuckles, thinking you have a kitchen maid somewhere you're sweet on but he promises on his honor that he'll keep it secret.

"One can be humble and possess ambition. I give credit where it's due and I make sure that no man feels slighted or forgotten. If it means that I walk out with less glory then is it something I gladly give that my comrades may stand proud. I'll just have to work harder, and through that effort I seek honor not just myself but the people I hold dear."

"You might be smarter than your average walking piece of wood boy." That's a glowing complement from the lady of thorns.

"I believe that there are two types of people in this world. There are reasonable people and unreasonable people. Reasonable people can be talked to. You can find common ground and reach if you work hard, find an understanding that is at least acceptable to both parties. This is what makes us more than clever beasts in my eyes. This ability to reason is what separates man from animal." My eyes harden. "Then you have the other kind. They do not understand or care to understand reason. They cannot be reasoned with and understand only understand only one language. Violence. Those individuals you would handle any other willful, disobedient animal. You beat it until it does what its told."

I grin. "I like to be able to present a persuasive argument no matter the language."

Speak softy and carry a big stick. Wink

"And something of a philosopher. You are certainly interesting my prince. Very interesting." She glances at Maergery then to her son who's chatting it up with bobby about some tourney they competed at when they were young, then back to you.

The rest of the evening goes very nicely.

The next day is a bit subdued but lady Olenna would like to invite you to join her in the garden for a brunch with Maergary.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:08 am

Brian Boru wrote:He chuckles, thinking you have a kitchen maid somewhere you're sweet on but he promises on his honor that he'll keep it secret.

"When I was a boy I was rather close to Lady Myranda of the Royces of the Gates of the Moon. Her father didn't exactly appreciate our closeness,but we were only children," I pause, "And then we started noticing that girls and boys were different and he appreciated it even less. Nothing came out of it but we did share a great affection. And then I went and through a strange series of great deeds and strange events ended up a prince. I went from being the bastard wretch he didn't want dispolling his daughter before her wedding night to the son in law he'd always wanted but now my station was too high for her. As prince I'd need a great lord's daughter not a landless steward. Pure politics, sadly. So we came to an arrangement... she's become my paramour by Dornish tradition. She shall never bare a bastard as all of her children by me, should she ever have any, will be born as heirs of heirs of her house, which is double useful to him as he has no male issue. She is also the personal handmaiden to my sister, Mya. They're best friends and I'd loathe for my darling little sister to be trapped alone in that snake pit."

I smile and sigh. "And then I came across Lady Dacey Mormount. Originally I wanted to meet her to ask her to become a teacher and mentor to my sister. There's few a knight to be found even here in the Reach who can best her in battle and even fewer a lady who can outmatch her poise and grace. She is in my mind the perfect combination of womanly charm and martial valor. I wanted her to teach those talents to my sister so she could be not just a spoiled useless princess but a woman of strength and worth who can stand on her own with honor and pride..." I pause, "And of course, once I'd met her I just had to go and fall completely in love with her. So after vetting it with Myranda, I made her the same offer I did the Royces. After all, her house also is lacking in male issue and to be honest, the women also tend not to be the marrying types. While Bear Island isn't exactly High Garden, it is theirs by right of blood and has been since the age of legends. As you can expect they loathe to hand off their rights and authority to an outsider just because they happened to be born with out parts that dangle."

"You might be smarter than your average walking piece of wood boy."  That's a glowing complement from the lady of thorns.

"From you my dear rose, I take that as the highest compliment." I smirk.

"And something of a philosopher.  You are certainly interesting my prince.  Very interesting."  She glances at Maergery then to her son who's chatting it up with bobby about some tourney they competed at when they were young, then back to you.

"Once this is done I'm tempted to write a book, actually. I was actually tempted to become a Measter for a time, but decided against it. While I love learning the way that some men love excess, I refused to surrender my ambition." I let that sink in, "My original dream was to win my father's recognition then form a company of sell swords and attempt to at least in part repeat the deeds of the Band of Nine. And then once I'd won myself lands and fortune in Essos, to return to westeros, present myself to my father, bend at the knee, and swear my sword to him."

I take a long sip of wine. "Things turned out a little different. I'm gladdened, but I must admit there's a very small part of me that is going to miss the challenge it offered."

The rest of the evening goes very nicely.

Yeah!

The next day is a bit subdued but lady Olenna would like to invite you to join her in the garden for a brunch with Maergary.

Sure, why not.

Also, one other thing... there's something we forgot to RP but I stated early on my intention for us to do.

There's a little brothel in Stoney Sept we needed to drop by on our way South.

Last edited by Psyckosama on Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:29 pm; edited 3 times in total

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:52 am

Brian Boru wrote:A collection of spices and other flavorings that you've never tasted before but you admit are amazing.

"Remind me to ask your cook for the recipe after I get better," I tell the maid between spoonfuls.

"Well....ermm...you went...mad really.  You roared like a beast and all but killed Gregor Clegane, his helmet's destroyed and his skull was about as shattered as yours but he hasn't recovered like you did and in my personal opinion he isn't going to.  He still breaths but that is all I can say for his condition."

"Oh. Then that wasn't just something I dreamed up because of the trauma ..." I trail off. "Damn and blast, I liked that truncheon. Well. At least now nobody can say that a bastard doesn't live up to his father's family motto."

Pycelle leaves not long after and the maid, after getting a pitcher of chilled milk, rushes off to find your sister.  She all but explodes through the door.  When she sees you she wails and clutches your chest crying.  This isn't like Mya at all, your injuries but have terrified her.

Still somewhat gingerly, I hug her and let her cry herself out, muttering that I'm sorry for worrying her. I know I'd be pretty devastated if things were the other way around, so she's more than entitled. After she's calmed down I ask her what I'd missed over the course of convalescence.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:17 am

Psyckosama wrote:"When I was a boy I was rather close to Lady Myranda of the Royces of the Gates of the Moon. Her father didn't exactly appreciate our closeness,but we were only children," I pause, "And then we started noticing that girls and boys were different and he appreciated it even less. Nothing came out of it but we did share a great affection. And then I went and through a strange series of great deeds and strange events ended up a prince. I went from being the bastard wretch he didn't want dispolling his daughter before her wedding night to the son in law he'd always wanted but now my station was too high for her. As prince I'd need a great lord's daughter not a landless steward. Pure politics, sadly. So we came to an arrangement... she's become my paramour by Dornish tradition. She shall never bare a bastard as all of her children by me, should she ever have any, will be born as heirs of heirs of her house, which is double useful to him as he has no male issue. She is also the personal handmaiden to my sister, Mya. They're best friends and I'd loathe for my darling little sister to be trapped alone in that snake pit."

I smile and sigh. "And then I came across Lady Dacey Mormount. Originally I wanted to meet her to ask her to become a teacher and mentor to my sister. There's few a knight to be found even here in the Reach who can best her in battle and even fewer a lady who can outmatch her poise and grace. She is in my mind the perfect combination of womanly charm and martial valor. I wanted her to teach those talents to my sister so she could be not just a spoiled useless princess but a woman of strength and worth who can stand on her own with honor and pride..." I pause, "And of course, once I'd met her I just had to go and fall completely in love with her. So after vetting it with Myranda, I made her the same offer I did the Royces. After all, her house also is lacking in male issue and to be honest, the women also tend not to be the marrying types. While Bear Island isn't exactly High Garden, it is theirs by right of blood and has been since the age of legends. As you can expect they loathe to hand off their rights and authority to an outsider just because they happened to be born with out parts that dangle."

He stares at you, and blinks, and stares, and blinks, and stares some more, and blinks some more. Then he starts laughing, he seems to be impressed that you could balance two impressive sounding women like that, and even have the courage to try.

"From you my dear rose, I take that as the highest compliment." I smirk.

She snorts at that.

"Once this is done I'm tempted to write a book, actually. I was actually tempted to become a Measter for a time, but decided against it. While I love learning the way that some men love excess, I refused to surrender my ambition." I let that sink in, "My original dream was to win my father's recognition then form a company of sell swords and attempt to at least in part repeat the deeds of the Band of Nine. And then once I'd won myself lands and fortune in Essos, to return to westeros, present myself to my father, bend at the knee, and swear my sword to him."

I take a long sip of wine. "Things turned out a little different. I'm gladdened, but I must admit there's a very small part of me that is going to miss the challenge it offered."

Different....that's one way of putting things.

Sure, why not.

Alright then, around 10:30 or so you are led to a very nice pavillion where Ollenna and Maergary are both sitting eating little dainties of one type or another while sipping occasionally cups of tea. When Olenna sees you, she welcomes you to sit. Once you do she then gets down to business, she's heard your wild boasts and absurd adventures, but she wants to know the man, or boy you were before fate decided to kick you into the center stage.

Also, one other thing... there's something we forgot to RP but I stated early on my intention for us to do.

There's a little brothel in Stoney Sept we needed to drop by on our way South.

One day on the ride to High Garden, you head through a small town call Stoney Sept. Robert immediately goes into the battle of the bells and how he managed to escape the Griffon Lord at one point by hiding under a pile of whores. Tits! Tits everywhere!

Rieverre wrote:"Remind me to ask your cook for the recipe after I get better," I tell the maid between spoonfuls.

She sputters at that but says she's relay the message.

"Oh. Then that wasn't just something I dreamed up because of the trauma ..." I trail off. "Damn and blast, I liked that truncheon. Well. At least now nobody can say that a bastard doesn't live up to his father's family motto."

"Indeed."

Still somewhat gingerly, I hug her and let her cry herself out, muttering that I'm sorry for worrying her. I know I'd be pretty devastated if things were the other way around, so she's more than entitled. After she's calmed down I ask her what I'd missed over the course of convalescence.

Basically, Robert went berserk when Clegane seemed to nearly kill you, but everyone was paralyzed by shock when you managed to return the favor. AND still cling to life for so long. You've also been granted land, as recompense for your pain. A Holdfort in the crownlands. If you will have it.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:36 am

Brian Boru wrote:He stares at you, and blinks, and stares, and blinks, and stares some more, and blinks some more.  Then he starts laughing, he seems to be impressed that you could balance two impressive sounding women like that, and even have the courage to try.

"It all comes down to three things. First, I respect them. Just because they have tits and a box and not a cock doesn't mean they're any less competent or worthy than a man. Second, I'd move the world for either of them and would happily take a flying leap out of the moon door if it was what it took keep them happy..." I grin, "And finally, it's call the Female Orgasm. Learn it, love it and give them many. I suggest running as a hobby. It builds up stamina. And maybe diving. It helps with the tongue work."

She snorts at that.

I give a bow with a flourish.

Different....that's one way of putting things.

"I tend towards the understatement."

Alright then, around 10:30 or so you are led to a very nice pavillion where Ollenna and Maergary are both sitting eating little dainties of one type or another while sipping occasionally cups of tea.

Yes! TEA! I love tea.

When Olenna sees you, she welcomes you to sit.  Once you do she then gets down to business, she's heard your wild boasts and absurd adventures, but she wants to know the man, or boy you were before fate decided to kick you into the center stage.

I was studious and relatively quiet. My main joys were the company of my sister and books. I love her dearly and while I'm no twisted bloody Dragon or Lion for that matter, she'll always be first in my heart because twins share a very special bond. Most of my childhood was spent either protecting her or causing trouble with her. Up until puberty we looked virtually identical so you can imagine the trouble we got into. We intentionally resisted all efforts to make us look different so we could cover for eachother's mischief."

"By the time I was 10 I'd read and memorized very book in the Maester's tower. I was 12, after I beat two 15 year old squires senseless after they called her a whore and taken as a squire. When I was 13 I was beaten senseless myself after threatening to beat Mycheal Redfort, the son of Lord Horton Redfort, to death with a shovel if he broke her heart. I smiled, took my licks, and the next time I saw him informed him that my threat was still valid and that I consider a vague disclaimer to be no man's friend." My smile becomes predatory. "And I will admit I took to volunteering to muck the stables just so I could walk past him carrying one at every opportunity."

I smile. "Any particular questions?"

One day on the ride to High Garden, you head through a small town call Stoney Sept.  Robert immediately goes into the battle of the bells and how he managed to escape the Griffon Lord at one point by hiding under a pile of whores.  Tits!  Tits everywhere!

"Lets go. And we're not buying."

I step in and say. "Excuse me, I'm looking for a girl, about..." I do some mental math, "12 years old, daughter of one of your girls, black hair, blue eyes?"

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:38 am

Brian Boru wrote:She sputters at that but says she's relay the message.

I fail in resisting the urge to give her a headpat.

Basically, Robert went berserk when Clegane seemed to nearly kill you, but everyone was paralyzed by shock when you managed to return the favor.  AND still cling to life for so long.  You've also been granted land, as recompense for your pain.  A Holdfort in the crownlands.  If you will have it.

I was rather under the impression that it wasn't too unusual for accidents to occur during tournaments, even if it's frowned upon.

"I didn't think I'd become a respectable land-owner quite this quickly. Nor that it would hurt this much," I say wryly. Actually, I get some parchment and a quill and jot down a quick note to Jon Arryn, since he'll be sure to apprise Robert when it's not going to interrupt too badly.

'Whatever rumors of my demise may be floating about, rest assured My Lord that they have been greatly exaggerated. I hope to have upheld the reputation of the men of the Vale. We are, after all, renowned far and wide for conquering mountains.'

There. I suppose that will confirm I still have enough of my wits about me to make bad japes. I send it on and likely as not spend the rest of the day recovering with Mya. While I could probably get up and start walking around, I'd rather get some more strength back before attempting it. And lessen the chance of falling on my face into a puddle of my own vomit if I overestimate myself.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun 17 Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:08 pm

Brian Boru wrote:

He salutes you respectfully and your ride!

I return the salute

The two of you slam lances into each other and while you both keep in the saddle you know you'll both be feeling it, you think Selmy got worse off than you but he's still able to go.  Shaking the pain off, the two of you grab another pair of lances and prepare to ride again.

Roll another d10
this might be it.

Silver Sun 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:08 pm

The member 'Silver Sun 17' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd10' : 7

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:25 am

Psyckosama wrote:"It all comes down to three things. First, I respect them. Just because they have tits and a box and not a cock doesn't mean they're any less competent or worthy than a man. Second, I'd move the world for either of them and would happily take a flying leap out of the moon door if it was what it took keep them happy..." I grin, "And finally, it's call the Female Orgasm. Learn it, love it and give them many. I suggest running as a hobby. It builds up stamina. And maybe diving. It helps with the tongue work."

He nods at the first two and chuckles at the third.

I give a bow with a flourish.

Heh
"I tend towards the understatement."

Indeed.

Yes! TEA! I love tea.

Huh didn't take you for a hot tea guy.

I was studious and relatively quiet. My main joys were the company of my sister and books. I love her dearly and while I'm no twisted bloody Dragon or Lion for that matter, she'll always be first in my heart because twins share a very special bond. Most of my childhood was spent either protecting her or causing trouble with her. Up until puberty we looked virtually identical so you can imagine the trouble we got into. We intentionally resisted all efforts to make us look different so we could cover for eachother's mischief."

"By the time I was 10 I'd read and memorized very book in the Maester's tower. I was 12, after I beat two 15 year old squires senseless after they called her a whore and taken as a squire. When I was 13 I was beaten senseless myself after threatening to beat Mycheal Redfort, the son of Lord Horton Redfort, to death with a shovel if he broke her heart. I smiled, took my licks, and the next time I saw him informed him that my threat was still valid and that I consider a vague disclaimer to be no man's friend." My smile becomes predatory. "And I will admit I took to volunteering to muck the stables just so I could walk past him carrying one at every opportunity."

I smile. "Any particular questions?"

Olenna is silent for a while, then she said, "Well, you have a bit of a temper on you and you seem to leap into things that are far beyond what you should be able to handle. But, it seems to have the talent and luck to go with it. You have potential lad, so long as you can live to see it."

"Lets go. And we're not buying."

Frown but a nod.

I step in and say. "Excuse me, I'm looking for a girl, about..." I do some mental math, "12 years old, daughter of one of your girls, black hair, blue eyes?"

There's silence, then a few minutes later a pretty healthy and big for her age 12 year old with thick black hair and blue eyes is presented. She's scared like a rabbit in a trap but she swallows and manages to say that she's ready for whatever you want milord.

When Robert hears that....he freezes and stares, his face turning pale, then a sickly grey. His pupils contract to pinpoints as he stares at this little girl that looks so much like you and Mya and what she just said.

The girl notices this and she looks even more terrified if anything.

Rieverre wrote:I fail in resisting the urge to give her a headpat.

She huffs adorably.

I was rather under the impression that it wasn't too unusual for accidents to occur during tournaments, even if it's frowned upon.

"I didn't think I'd become a respectable land-owner quite this quickly. Nor that it would hurt this much," I say wryly. Actually, I get some parchment and a quill and jot down a quick note to Jon Arryn, since he'll be sure to apprise Robert when it's not going to interrupt too badly.

Mostly it was because he finally got the son he wanted, even if he was a bastard, and when he saw what happened out there, he basically panicced. He wants you close and this is also a means of gifting you for your incredible fight out there and to apologize for what he'd done for the past decade and a half. Besides, this isn't unheard of for powerful lords to do and he IS the King.

'Whatever rumors of my demise may be floating about, rest assured My Lord that they have been greatly exaggerated. I hope to have upheld the reputation of the men of the Vale. We are, after all, renowned far and wide for conquering mountains.'

That gets a chuckle out of her.

There. I suppose that will confirm I still have enough of my wits about me to make bad japes. I send it on and likely as not spend the rest of the day recovering with Mya. While I could probably get up and start walking around, I'd rather get some more strength back before attempting it. And lessen the chance of falling on my face into a puddle of my own vomit if I overestimate myself.

The rest of the day is spent with your sister while the two of you reminisce about when you were younger. You're aches also begin to fade a bit as the day goes on and you feel you might be able to get up either tomorrow or the next day.

You eventually get tired and sleep through the night.

The next morning Robert bursts in like a hurricane to see how his son is doing. A few members of the small council trailing behind.

Silver Sun 17 wrote:this might be it.

Again you slam lances, neither of you getting off better from that one. The crowd it going utterly nuts, Robert cheering loudest of all, though others in the crowd come close.

Your chest is aching though and you wonder how many more of those do you have in you?

Roll a d10.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 34 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 29 ... 34  Next