Giant Stompy Robots
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

There is no Fire and Ice. There is only the Force.

+2
Rieverre
Psyckosama
6 posters

Page 12 of 17 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next

Go down

There is no Fire and Ice. There is only the Force. - Page 12 Empty Re: There is no Fire and Ice. There is only the Force.

Post by Rieverre Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:21 am

Psyckosama wrote:Sanding your Bokken there, eh, Master? :p

Given everything I'm half expecting Arya to cause massive spit-takes if and when she goes and says that.

Anyway, training continues apace barring any dramatic upsets. And I'll go over some maps to see if I can't find a good place for a Praxeum. This is the North, it's kinda damn big, so there should be some old forts or holdfasts or such around that nobody's really using anymore.

On a partially related note, how's the Stark family situation turning out? I'm hoping Ned's managed to get his wife to a lesser level of hostility?

If you think she's bad, you should have seen Anakin...

Bah. The kid needed a crazy uncle. Not Palpatine-crazy, just regular crazy.

Most plans never survive contact with a moron. When the plan involves a moron that is double so.

What I'm wondering is why you didn't you just stick to exploiting your old Master's connections and influence there.

Oh yes. He's kinda flipping out over this with joy. This is basically holy grail kinda thing for a maester.

That's going to be a feather in his cap, even if he's not the one to have come up with it originally. It's still something he brings to them. I'm counting on the local engineers and craftsmen to put the idea into practice and possibly streamline execution further if there are any particularly bright ones among them. For now, I'm mostly thinking barrels of standardized-size type, by the letter. Either made of some really sturdy wood, or outright cast iron.

And I'll probably be able to leverage this to some effect when dealing the the Citadel. If nothing else, giving them this may get me into _their_ library eventually. Possibly even let me make copies.

Hey, the Order is all of me at the moment, but gathering knowledge is a bit of a central part. Copies of even a portion of the books in the Citadel would go a long way towards making a proper Order library. I'll probably start with copies of all the books in the Stark library tho. We're going to be making those anyway, for use and redundancy's sake.

Kinda hoping the castle blacksmith has finished my armor by now too.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

There is no Fire and Ice. There is only the Force. - Page 12 Empty Re: There is no Fire and Ice. There is only the Force.

Post by Psyckosama Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:32 am

GundamChief wrote:Said boys head pops up when he hears mention of him. Ned and Cat keep their faces straight but you can sense discomfort.

"He is Theon Greyjoy, a ward of house Stark."

I look over then back to Ned and Cat. "Perhaps we can discuss this at another time..."

Anyways, during dinner I answer any questions and tell some stories.

The Measter leads you to the library, such as it was, and leads you to what you sought.

"I don't recognize any of it," I admit, "I'm very very far from home indeed."

===

Alex

===

To mass growth then. I also show them popped corn if they don't have it.

They don't have that breed of corn, no.

I can almost feel Dooku standing behind me with his smug smirk as he tells me to focus on the talented one, and forget the others. Been thinking more on the Jedi Path, and there was all sorts of smug in that.

I decide to give the memory of Dooku the finger by not focusing on Arya, but giving her more responsibilities. She seems to be able to handle what I give her, so let's see how much more she can handle.

Well... she's not exactly the best teacher. She kinda gets things so fast that its hard for her to explain the steps. She doesn't resent the others though... honestly she seems to delight in making trouble with your students... Wink

Rieverre wrote:Given everything I'm half expecting Arya to cause massive spit-takes if and when she goes and says that.

And she does. Ned gives her a stern look and she plays the completely innocent card.

Anyway, training continues apace barring any dramatic upsets. And I'll go over some maps to see if I can't find a good place for a Praxeum. This is the North, it's kinda damn big, so there should be some old forts or holdfasts or such around that nobody's really using anymore.

There are some locations on the map but you might want to explore manually.

On a partially related note, how's the Stark family situation turning out? I'm hoping Ned's managed to get his wife to a lesser level of hostility?

She doesn't know you and she doesn't personally trust you. She tolerates your presence and fears for her children.

Bah. The kid needed a crazy uncle. Not Palpatine-crazy, just regular crazy.

He wasn't crazy. Just evil.

What I'm wondering is why you didn't you just stick to exploiting your old Master's connections and influence there.

Because its difficult when the man is dead.

That's going to be a feather in his cap, even if he's not the one to have come up with it originally. It's still something he brings to them. I'm counting on the local engineers and craftsmen to put the idea into practice and possibly streamline execution further if there are any particularly bright ones among them. For now, I'm mostly thinking barrels of standardized-size type, by the letter. Either made of some really sturdy wood, or outright cast iron.

Cast Iron?

And I'll probably be able to leverage this to some effect when dealing the the Citadel. If nothing else, giving them this may get me into _their_ library eventually. Possibly even let me make copies.

That is possible.

Hey, the Order is all of me at the moment, but gathering knowledge is a bit of a central part. Copies of even a portion of the books in the Citadel would go a long way towards making a proper Order library. I'll probably start with copies of all the books in the Stark library tho. We're going to be making those anyway, for use and redundancy's sake.

Okay. Well, stark is quick to allow you to copy his books.

Kinda hoping the castle blacksmith has finished my armor by now too.

Yep.

Psyckosama
Admin

https://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:29 am

Psyckosama wrote:And she does. Ned gives her a stern look and she plays the completely innocent card.

Seems like that happens a lot ^^

There are some locations on the map but you might want to explore manually.

It's not like I haven't got free time available and by now the students should be far enough along to not do anything too stupid while I'm away. Unless Ned is fine with a field trip?

She doesn't know you and she doesn't personally trust you. She tolerates your presence and fears for her children.

Sad thing being, I can't really do much of anything about that. I can see where she's coming from and her reasoning is fairly sound for all of that, it's just that I'm so much of an out of context problem. She should at least be able to see that Robb and Bran are doing well.

He wasn't crazy. Just evil.

I beg to differ. I mean, really, Death Star? That thing was any economist's nightmare. You could have gone with multiple new fleets and logistics chain for the cost of that thing alone, never mind maintenance. That way you'd also be distributing the number of really high value targets for your enemies to hit rather than giving them just one. And let's face it, the planet-destroying laser? An ISD can already Base Delta Zero. The Death Star was just needlessly gratuitous.

Because its difficult when the man is dead.

Yes, you really should have worked on that impulse control problem of yours more.

Cast Iron?

The benefit of making forms. Once you have those, you can just pop out uniform sized type with less of a hassle. Templates are nice like that. I make a point of discussing the importance of uniform sized type and pages with the Maester and the blacksmith, and how it influences efficiency of use.

Okay. Well, stark is quick to allow you to copy his books.

Excellent. We need a good trial run anyway, to iron out any problems with what we've come up with. Granted, the results are comparatively pedestrian when side by side with the elaborately decorated handwritten tomes, but I believe Ned can see how this is going to be important. Granted this is looking into the future a bit, but more accessible books and such means more percentage of the population who'll know their letters, and once you have that ... hell, I'm just trying to imagine the impact of a pamphlet on why boiling your drinking water is important.

Yep.

Awesome. I give it a shakedown run with some sword routines and start getting used to the weight. (or getting used to the weight again, if my adlibbed training history with Master Mira is actually a thing)

If asked about why I didn't have any with me already, I'll reply that sometimes ships sink and you can't really take everything you want along when getting away from that.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:00 pm

Rieverre wrote:Seems like that happens a lot ^^

All the time.

It's not like I haven't got free time available and by now the students should be far enough along to not do anything too stupid while I'm away. Unless Ned is fine with a field trip?

Not yet. You're still too early in the instruction.

Sad thing being, I can't really do much of anything about that. I can see where she's coming from and her reasoning is fairly sound for all of that, it's just that I'm so much of an out of context problem. She should at least be able to see that Robb and Bran are doing well.

Have you ever simply talked with the woman and tried to reasonably address her concerns? Obi-wan askes, always knowing the answer.

I beg to differ. I mean, really, Death Star? That thing was any economist's nightmare. You could have gone with multiple new fleets and logistics chain for the cost of that thing alone, never mind maintenance. That way you'd also be distributing the number of really high value targets for your enemies to hit rather than giving them just one. And let's face it, the planet-destroying laser? An ISD can already Base Delta Zero. The Death Star was just needlessly gratuitous.

The Death Star was created as a weapon with which to battle the Far Outsiders... as were most of my special projects. I didn't dispense with the bloated, worthless corpse of the Republic and its halpless hidebound protectors entirely for the sake of my own ego. Being able to use it to dominate the galaxy as its unquestioned master was simply a fringe benefit.

Yes, you really should have worked on that impulse control problem of yours more.

Once I put my plans in action he would have demanded input. The master only allows the apprentices schemes to go so far and the only way for the apprentice to become the master is rather clear.

The benefit of making forms. Once you have those, you can just pop out uniform sized type with less of a hassle. Templates are nice like that. I make a point of discussing the importance of uniform sized type and pages with the Maester and the blacksmith, and how it influences efficiency of use.

Cast Iron takes techniques they don't have. It's specific alloys and heating techniques that allow it.

Excellent. We need a good trial run anyway, to iron out any problems with what we've come up with. Granted, the results are comparatively pedestrian when side by side with the elaborately decorated handwritten tomes, but I believe Ned can see how this is going to be important. Granted this is looking into the future a bit, but more accessible books and such means more percentage of the population who'll know their letters, and once you have that ... hell, I'm just trying to imagine the impact of a pamphlet on why boiling your drinking water is important.

He gets it. Somewhat.

Awesome. I give it a shakedown run with some sword routines and start getting used to the weight. (or getting used to the weight again, if my adlibbed training history with Master Mira is actually a thing)

If asked about why I didn't have any with me already, I'll reply that sometimes ships sink and you can't really take everything you want along when getting away from that.

Alright. Well, you get to work on that... and yes, it wears rather well.

Still need a proper helmet.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:11 pm

Psyckosama wrote:Not yet. You're still too early in the instruction.

Well, Ned can probably get Arya and Bran to cooperate and help train their siblings, while keeping an eye on things. How long would it take me to go visit the various sites? Assuming I have a pair of fast horses that I can reinvigorate using the Force?

Have you ever simply talked with the woman and tried to reasonably address her concerns? Obi-wan askes, always knowing the answer.

She's clearly not very fond of me, so I've been letting things settle and proving through actions that I'm not exactly doing anything heinous with her sprogs. Still, the thought has merit. I broach the subject with Ned so I don't accidentally interrupt her in doing anything important or that she'd rather not be interrupted during.

Hey, information is the first line of defense and the first avenue of attack for a reason.

The Death Star was created as a weapon with which to battle the Far Outsiders... as were most of my special projects. I didn't dispense with the bloated, worthless corpse of the Republic and its halpless hidebound protectors entirely for the sake of my own ego. Being able to use it to dominate the galaxy as its unquestioned master was simply a fringe benefit.

It was hardly a weapon to change the face of warfare, it was just a ludicrously huge version of what you already had on hand. Granted, the engineering challenges were likely immense, but it literally could not do anything a detachment of ISDs was incapable of. Face it, it was a terror weapon, plain and simple.

You were making the same mistake Jadus did, only you didn't even come up with it yourself, you just capitalized on Tarkin's idea. The doctrine of fear didn't work for Jadus, and it certainly didn't work for you either. Hell, you were even both killed by people who'd been working for you previously.

Once I put my plans in action he would have demanded input. The master only allows the apprentices schemes to go so far and the only way for the apprentice to become the master is rather clear.

Did you at least try to engage him on a philosophical level? His distaste for the Rule of Two wasn't something he hid after all. You even had an apprentice in Maul, an outright apprentice, back when he was still alive.

Cast Iron takes techniques they don't have. It's specific alloys and heating techniques that allow it.

What about moulds then? If not, I explain the concept to them. They're far more versed in what alloys and materials they have access to after all. The results just need to be relatively sturdy and reproducible.

He gets it. Somewhat.

... wait, they do know why boiling water is important, right? I'll go talk to the Maester about it, as well as what I consider to be the precautions of basic hygiene and the reasons behind them. I'll tie in the reason why spider webs and bread mold is effective in treating injuries. It's just generalizations, but there should be _some_ research on the topic that exists.

Alright. Well, you get to work on that... and yes, it wears rather well.

Still need a proper helmet.

When I have the right tools and forge on hand to work beskar, I plan on remaking this set, with lid this time around. Should be considerably lighter as a carbon alloy too.

Meanwhile ... hm ... I have a few blades on hand, but what does it take to forge a new one anyway? I'm thinking of turning my training bokken into a zatoichi.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:02 pm

Rieverre wrote:Well, Ned can probably get Arya and Bran to cooperate and help train their siblings, while keeping an eye on things. How long would it take me to go visit the various sites? Assuming I have a pair of fast horses that I can reinvigorate using the Force?

See, one issue with that... people who take to things too quickly often have difficulty teaching.

She's clearly not very fond of me, so I've been letting things settle and proving through actions that I'm not exactly doing anything heinous with her sprogs. Still, the thought has merit. I broach the subject with Ned so I don't accidentally interrupt her in doing anything important or that she'd rather not be interrupted during.

Hey, information is the first line of defense and the first avenue of attack for a reason.

So that would be a 'no'.

It was hardly a weapon to change the face of warfare, it was just a ludicrously huge version of what you already had on hand. Granted, the engineering challenges were likely immense, but it literally could not do anything a detachment of ISDs was incapable of. Face it, it was a terror weapon, plain and simple.

Don't be an idiot. It was a mobile strong point and battle-fortress that was virtually immune to all conventional assault.

You were making the same mistake Jadus did, only you didn't even come up with it yourself, you just capitalized on Tarkin's idea. The doctrine of fear didn't work for Jadus, and it certainly didn't work for you either. Hell, you were even both killed by people who'd been working for you previously.

And the other choice was the bickering uselessness of the senate. Believe me, I chose the lesser evil.

Did you at least try to engage him on a philosophical level? His distaste for the Rule of Two wasn't something he hid after all. You even had an apprentice in Maul, an outright apprentice, back when he was still alive.

Yes. He thought the whole idea was folly. The simpering old fool was content to spend the rest of eternity playing in his lab. He cared nothing for the Sith.

What about moulds then? If not, I explain the concept to them. They're far more versed in what alloys and materials they have access to after all. The results just need to be relatively sturdy and reproducible.

They have the concept of molds. They do not have furnaces hot enough or the right combination of materials needed.

... wait, they do know why boiling water is important, right? I'll go talk to the Maester about it, as well as what I consider to be the precautions of basic hygiene and the reasons behind them. I'll tie in the reason why spider webs and bread mold is effective in treating injuries. It's just generalizations, but there should be _some_ research on the topic that exists.

They understanding boiling has a positive benefit though not the reason for.

When I have the right tools and forge on hand to work beskar, I plan on remaking this set, with lid this time around. Should be considerably lighter as a carbon alloy too.

Dude, you're in winterfell. Where are you going to find a better forge? It's only the personal forge of a lord paramount of westeros.

Meanwhile ... hm ... I have a few blades on hand, but what does it take to forge a new one anyway? I'm thinking of turning my training bokken into a zatoichi.

You need a proper force crystal and an ingot of steel that feels "right"

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:14 pm

Psyckosama wrote:See, one issue with that... people who take to things too quickly often have difficulty teaching.

Yes, but they've done pretty well so far, at least as far as leading some of the exercises is concerned.

So that would be a 'no'.

That would be a 'yes' but when I know she's not busy with anything else.

Don't be an idiot. It was a mobile strong point and battle-fortress that was virtually immune to all conventional assault.

... yeah, no, running that past any general who'd have given you an honest opinion would have told you otherwise. You're far too fixated on the grandiose. Also, what exactly was it that led you to believe the Far Outsiders would employ conventional means?

And the other choice was the bickering uselessness of the senate. Believe me, I chose the lesser evil.

Oh please, that's just adding insult to injury. You'd already all but neutered them and replaced that upset with the bickering of Moffs and cartels.

Yes. He thought the whole idea was folly. The simpering old fool was content to spend the rest of eternity playing in his lab. He cared nothing for the Sith.

And now he's contradicting himself in his spin-doctoring.

They have the concept of molds. They do not have furnaces hot enough or the right combination of materials needed.

Maybe ceramics then? Though they'd be comparatively fragile. Using some kind of hard wood will have to do for now, I guess.

They understanding boiling has a positive benefit though not the reason for.

I explain bacteria, and how high temperatures kill them off. Also alcohol, which is why strong spirits may be used to clean a wound.

Dude, you're in winterfell. Where are you going to find a better forge? It's only the personal forge of a lord paramount of westeros.

True. I'll stick with this for now, at least until I have a chance to go looking for gemstones.

You need a proper force crystal and an ingot of steel that feels "right"

The North still has untapped resources. Once I have the time I may go exploring. Who knows, maybe I can find ore and gemstone deposits, in which case suddenly funding the Order would become fairly trivial.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:40 pm

Rieverre wrote:Yes, but they've done pretty well so far, at least as far as leading some of the exercises is concerned.

True, but there's a difference between that and filling in. They're sitll neophites

That would be a 'yes' but when I know she's not busy with anything else.

She's the lady of the castle. She'll always have something to do unless she makes time for other concerns.

... yeah, no, running that past any general who'd have given you an honest opinion would have told you otherwise. You're far too fixated on the grandiose. Also, what exactly was it that led you to believe the Far Outsiders would employ conventional means?

It was designed to destroy their worldships with a single shot and remember, Criss records boy.

Oh please, that's just adding insult to injury. You'd already all but neutered them and replaced that upset with the bickering of Moffs and cartels.

Not as much as you'd like to believe.

Maybe ceramics then? Though they'd be comparatively fragile. Using some kind of hard wood will have to do for now, I guess.

They have molded ceramics and molds are very commonly used to make jewelry.

I explain bacteria, and how high temperatures kill them off. Also alcohol, which is why strong spirits may be used to clean a wound.

They already clean wounds with boiled wine

The North still has untapped resources. Once I have the time I may go exploring. Who knows, maybe I can find ore and gemstone deposits, in which case suddenly funding the Order would become fairly trivial.

When we get to it.

What now.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GundamChief Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:31 am

Psyckosama wrote:I look over then back to Ned and Cat. "Perhaps we can discuss this at another time..."

That would be best.

Anyways, during dinner I answer any questions and tell some stories.

the kids basically want to know where you learned magic, how you learned, and where you're from.

"I don't recognize any of it," I admit, "I'm very very far from home indeed."

They have maps of lands beyond westeros, perhaps something from that?

They bring out the maps of essos and the like from there, but there are only a few.

===

Alex

===

They don't have that breed of corn, no.

I show them how to make popcorn then.

Well... she's not exactly the best teacher. She kinda gets things so fast that its hard for her to explain the steps. She doesn't resent the others though... honestly she seems to delight in making trouble with your students... Wink

Eh heh...well...let's see how she handles some other stuff then, find out where her strengths lie.

I continue the training overall and see about my duties I have adopted for myself.

I also keep an eye out for places strong in the darkside. They will be useful in tests for padawans and upcoming knights.

GundamChief
GundamChief

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:34 am

Psyckosama wrote:True, but there's a difference between that and filling in. They're sitll neophites

So I'm stuck here until further notice. Oh well. It's not as though I wasn't expecting this. In that case, training proceeds apace.

I also begin going through the Starks' library looking for historical records of battlefields in the North, or at least places with a dark reputation. There might be a codified version of the Trial of Spirit, but if carrying around a little green muppet on a swamp world proved anything, it's that the Test of Spirit can benefit from the right setting.

She's the lady of the castle. She'll always have something to do unless she makes time for other concerns.

In that case I'll blatantly cheat and catch her when she 'feels' the most collected. The Force. It makes social engineering so much easier.

I'll probably with an acknowledgement that I realize she doesn't know or trust me, and I certainly don't expect one conversation to change the situation, but I was at least hoping to assuage some of the concerns she might have?

It was designed to destroy their worldships with a single shot and remember, Criss records boy.

And in ideal circumstances that might actually work. Men plan. The Force laughs.

Not as much as you'd like to believe.

*cough* Tyber Zann */cough*

They have molded ceramics and molds are very commonly used to make jewelry.

It's something to test out then. I'll leave it to the Maester and the smith to figure out what the most practical solution is given the tools they have available.

What now.

Well, I've given the Maester enough to do to keep him busy for what's likely going to be years. I do admit I'm getting a little restless though, so trips into town or the countryside will likely become a regular way for me to spend time. Find some rumors to laugh at, observe life, feel the Force reacting. See if there are any nice bows I could get my hands on, partially because I feel odd not having a ranged weapon other than my mind and partially because I want to see for myself how much the Force helps marksmanship along.

Well, that and if what I'm building here is really going to be some more true to the roots samurai version of the Order, then I am going to teach many weapons eventually.

And I am totally not looking for trouble. That's preposterous and you should be ashamed for even suggesting it head Obi-wan.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:47 pm

Psyckosama wrote:She smiles.

Holy shit, she still has her teeth...

I hit the jackpot here didn't I?

"I got a little coin saved away m'lord..."

"Enough to leave?" I am assuming she's got some sort of contract or debt to the mama of this place.

If so: "Excellent! Then we shall be on our way South as soon as possible. Will you need help convincing anyone to let you leave?"

If not: "Blast! Well we'll think of something....we might have to sneak out of here once everyone's asleep."
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:42 pm

GundamChief wrote:That would be best.

Polite nod.

the kids basically want to know where you learned magic

"It's not magic. What I do is use the Force. "

"The force is an energy field that runs through all things. Life creates it, makes it grow, and it binds the universe together. The rocks, the trees, the earth, the sky, even you and I... are are connected in the force."

"As to how, when I was about Jon and Theon's age actually, a Jedi knight came upon my parents homestead and she sensed me. There was much discussion between my parents, my clan leader, and the Jedi, but eventually I was approached and asked if I wished to walk the path of the Jedi. I said yes, and my instruction began. On that day, I became a Padawan of the Jedi Order. Eventually I earned my knighthood and in time my understanding of the force grew and I became a Jedi Master."

how you learned,

"Mostly meditation and introspection. We are not simply limited creatures of crude matter... we are luminous beings that shine in the force."

and where you're from.

"A distant land known as the Republic. Hundreds of tribes, pretty fiefdoms, and kingdoms alike united for the common good. While each member of the republic is a nation in and of itself, the people will choose delegates and send them to the great city of Coruscant to serve in the Senate. These Senators chose from amongst themselves the High Chancellor who is the nominal leader of the republic and voice of the senate. And through debate and negotiation the senate chooses the path that the republic is to take. It is a slow system I will admit, often best by sometimes the most outrageous disagreement, but with Jedi serve as negotiators and peacemakers it has stood true for for thousands of years."

They have maps of lands beyond westeros, perhaps something from that?

They bring out the maps of essos and the like from there, but there are only a few.

I look over it closely then then shake my head.

===

Alex

===

Eh heh...well...let's see how she handles some other stuff then, find out where her strengths lie.

With her natural control and ability, she's a little power house.That much you can tell already.

I continue the training overall and see about my duties I have adopted for myself.

Alright.

I also keep an eye out for places strong in the darkside. They will be useful in tests for padawans and upcoming knights.

You find one within Winterfell itself. The crypts... there are force spirits down there, faint but vengeful. The Starks have ruled with this as their seat for 8000 years and not all of them died peacefully. The seemed to be constrained by traditional magics but to one whose eyes are open to the force, there is a darkness down there.

Though you get the feeling that once Ned realizes this he's going to do his all to calm the spirits of his ancestors.

His trial of spirit perhaps?... No. Such would be an act more befitting a master.

Rieverre wrote:So I'm stuck here until further notice. Oh well. It's not as though I wasn't expecting this. In that case, training proceeds apace.

gimme some dice rolls. Don't care what.

I also begin going through the Starks' library looking for historical records of battlefields in the North, or at least places with a dark reputation. There might be a codified version of the Trial of Spirit, but if carrying around a little green muppet on a swamp world proved anything, it's that the Test of Spirit can benefit from the right setting.

First one you come across... the Winterfell crypts.

[quote]In that case I'll blatantly cheat and catch her when she 'feels' the most collected. The Force. It makes social engineering so much easier.

I'll probably with an acknowledgement that I realize she doesn't know or trust me, and I certainly don't expect one conversation to change the situation, but I was at least hoping to assuage some of the concerns she might have?[quote]

She frowns somewhat when she sees you. It's hard to see, but you're a goddamned Jedi. Her body language alone is a book.

"May I help you, Ser Jedi?"

[quote]And in ideal circumstances that might actually work. Men plan. The Force laughs.[quote]

There's a reason I wasn't settling for just ONE superweapon. Though had I been alive at the time, I'd have had the idiots who though the Sun Crusher was a good idea thrown into the Maw. A proper superweapon has a large enough crew to ensure that one idiot boy, drunk on the Dark Side, can't accidentally commit mass Genocide because he's having a bad day.

I'd hate to say this, but Darth here has a point.

Not you too...

*cough* Tyber Zann */cough*

Ugh. Do not remind me. Half the reason I overthrew the republic was to get rid of jumped up half-wits like that boy... The Confederacy was a plot to get them all in one place so I could have them all killed.

Mustafar

Exactly. And thank you for leaving my apprentice sitting on the rocks half burned to death. Had you taken him with you, you probably could have 'saved' him from his darkness. And kept that pretty little bride of his from dying. So thank you for that.

It's something to test out then. I'll leave it to the Maester and the smith to figure out what the most practical solution is given the tools they have available.

Well, its an idea... they just don't have forges that hot.

Well, I've given the Maester enough to do to keep him busy for what's likely going to be years. I do admit I'm getting a little restless though, so trips into town or the countryside will likely become a regular way for me to spend time. Find some rumors to laugh at, observe life, feel the Force reacting. See if there are any nice bows I could get my hands on, partially because I feel odd not having a ranged weapon other than my mind and partially because I want to see for myself how much the Force helps marksmanship along.

d100

Well, that and if what I'm building here is really going to be some more true to the roots samurai version of the Order, then I am going to teach many weapons eventually.

And I am totally not looking for trouble. That's preposterous and you should be ashamed for even suggesting it head Obi-wan.

You're a Jedi. We are peacemakers. That normally involves there being some form of trouble to deal with.

another d100

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:44 pm

Brian Boru wrote:I hit the jackpot here didn't I?

Nice tits and good teeth. Hot damn! Robert would have a bastard in that one by the end of the WEEK.

"Enough to leave?" I am assuming she's got some sort of contract or debt to the mama of this place.

"I ain't a prisoner here, m'lord. I just don't got any other place ta go an' I ain't got much in the way of skills neater 'cides some mendin' some cookin' and laying on me back..."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:51 pm

Psyckosama wrote:gimme some dice rolls. Don't care what.

4d10 just to be different

First one you come across... the Winterfell crypts.

What is this place, a ready-made Force User training sanctuary?

What's the history on the crypts anyway?

She frowns somewhat when she sees you. It's hard to see, but you're a goddamned Jedi. Her body language alone is a book.

"May I help you, Ser Jedi?"

"I was actually hoping we could speak, Lady Stark. Time permitting, that is." I start off.

"I was hoping I might somehow address any concerns you might have? It's perhaps an understatement to say that we've gotten off on the wrong foot, but it's natural for a mother to be concerned for her children, especially if someone shows up out of effectively nowhere and offers to teach them something so outlandish."

Ball's in her court. That gives her enough room to vent without being taken as too condescending or insincere. I hope.

d100

rolling

You're a Jedi. We are peacemakers. That normally involves there being some form of trouble to deal with.

another d100

aaand rolling again

A piece of them here, a piece of them there ...
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Dice Bot Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:51 pm

The member 'Rieverre' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'd10' : 7, 8, 7, 5

--------------------------------

#2 'd100' : 4, 86

Dice Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:17 am

Rieverre wrote:4d10 just to be different

The pace of the training is starting to slow a bit, but everything is still going smoothly.

What is this place, a ready-made Force User training sanctuary?

Who knows? Maybe Winterfell becoming the heart of the new order is the will of the force? :p

What's the history on the crypts anyway?

8000 years of use housing the bones of force sensitives, many of whom did not die quietly nor pleasantly.

"I was actually hoping we could speak, Lady Stark. Time permitting, that is." I start off.

"Very well..." she replies cautiously.

"I was hoping I might somehow address any concerns you might have? It's perhaps an understatement to say that we've gotten off on the wrong foot, but it's natural for a mother to be concerned for her children, especially if someone shows up out of effectively nowhere and offers to teach them something so outlandish."

Ball's in her court. That gives her enough room to vent without being taken as too condescending or insincere. I hope.

"Who are you really and what do you really want," she demands. "Strange wizards do not just arrive from nowhere and selflessly integrate themselves into the households of great lords without an agenda!"

While walking through the woods you feel a strong force presence and investigate. You find a pretty peasant girl kneeling in front of a heart tree in prayer.

While the tree is strong in the force as they all are, what you really felt was the girl. This young woman is force sensitive, and in her state of prayer she's opened herself to the force enough that she went "PING" on your radar.

As you walk closer she turns and goes a little doe eyed at you and backs away.

As he eyes glance at your sword, you feel much fear in this one. "M'mlord!" she squeaks.

A piece of them here, a piece of them there ...

This beign westeros you sense a spike of terror as you're walking down the street and run after it, only to find a crying young girl being pressed up against the wall but a rather rough looking sort who stinks of cheap wine while his equally rough and drunk friends laugh. He's grunting. She's sobbing.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:25 pm

Psyckosama wrote:8000 years of use housing the bones of force sensitives, many of whom did not die quietly nor pleasantly.

... yeah, that'd do it.

"Who are you really and what do you really want," she demands. "Strange wizards do not just arrive from nowhere and selflessly integrate themselves into the households of great lords without an agenda!"

"If there are those with talent who wish to learn, I feel obligated to make the attempt to teach them. Passing what one knows along is a reward in its own right," I shrug. "Beyond that, my actions are hardly selfless. Jedi are guardians of peace and justice. From a purely pragmatic standpoint, this is far easier to achieve when there are more of us. Can you honestly tell me that your husband and children are not good people who would act in a way that may not be easy, but that would be just if presented with a difficult situation?"

While walking through the woods you feel a strong force presence and investigate. You find a pretty peasant girl kneeling in front of a heart tree in prayer.

While the tree is strong in the force as they all are, what you really felt was the girl. This young woman is force sensitive, and in her state of prayer she's opened herself to the force enough that she went "PING" on your radar.

As you walk closer she turns and goes a little doe eyed at you and backs away.

As he eyes glance at your sword, you feel much fear in this one. "M'mlord!" she squeaks.

"Hardly a lord," I say, with as calming a tone of voice as I can manage. "Wandering the woods alone is hardly safe for someone unarmed. Whatever you were praying for must have been important."

Must. Resist. Urge. To say 'I am Kaine, I will help you'.

This beign westeros you sense a spike of terror as you're walking down the street and run after it, only to find a crying young girl being pressed up against the wall but a rather rough looking sort who stinks of cheap wine while his equally rough and drunk friends laugh. He's grunting. She's sobbing.

I'm slamming the 'friends' into walls with a careful application of TK. And by careful I mean 'make their teeth rattle and them forget what year it is'. The one actually taking liberties I yank away by the back of the neck, squeezing painfully enough to make him flinch and release any hold he has on the girl. And hopefully not hurt her further in the process. _Then_ I slam him into a nearby wall with similar force.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:36 pm

Rieverre wrote:... yeah, that'd do it.

Yep. Reason you don't sense it is its kinda drowned out by the 8,000 year old Heart Tree that had its faced carve in by the children of the forest...

"If there are those with talent who wish to learn, I feel obligated to make the attempt to teach them. Passing what one knows along is a reward in its own right," I shrug. "Beyond that, my actions are hardly selfless. Jedi are guardians of peace and justice. From a purely pragmatic standpoint, this is far easier to achieve when there are more of us. Can you honestly tell me that your husband and children are not good people who would act in a way that may not be easy, but that would be just if presented with a difficult situation?"

"My children and my husband yes, but why are you training the bastard then? He's nothing but a threat to my son."

"Hardly a lord," I say, with as calming a tone of voice as I can manage. "Wandering the woods alone is hardly safe for someone unarmed. Whatever you were praying for must have been important."

Must. Resist. Urge. To say 'I am Kaine, I will help you'.

Right now she's a lone girl who's in the woods with a strange armed man. She's a bit... nervous.

She looks at you for a moment then sighs. "My sister is with child," she admits after a long moment, "The midwives day the baby isn't sitting right and fears for them both."

I'm slamming the 'friends' into walls with a careful application of TK. And by careful I mean 'make their teeth rattle and them forget what year it is'. The one actually taking liberties I yank away by the back of the neck, squeezing painfully enough to make him flinch and release any hold he has on the girl. And hopefully not hurt her further in the process. _Then_ I slam him into a nearby wall with similar force.

The first two thud hard enough to distract the other who goes flying into a pile with them. The girl is looking up at you in equal parts awe, terror, and simple shock.

Then men just groan from their place on the ground, battered and injured.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:20 pm

Psyckosama wrote:Yep. Reason you don't sense it is its kinda drowned out by the 8,000 year old Heart Tree that had its faced carve in by the children of the forest...

Still, that means I'll be going down there sooner rather than later. I certainly won't send any of my students there to take the Trial of Spirit without having ventured into the place personally beforehand.

"My children and my husband yes, but why are you training the bastard then? He's nothing but a threat to my son."

Well, that puts things nicely into the open. "I can tell when someone is trying to hide something from me, did you know that? Because the Force lets me sense an echo of how they feel. From what I've observed and sensed, Jon Snow is quite possibly the least threatening thing that could ever happen to any of your children. Frustration? Fear of rejection? Uncertainty about what to do with his life? That much I've felt from him. Anger and ill intent towards your children? Hardly. He's perfectly willing to take serious injury or worse for any of them."

Right now she's a lone girl who's in the woods with a strange armed man. She's a bit... nervous.

Can hardly blame her. Like I said, it's a dangerous world.

She looks at you for a moment then sighs. "My sister is with child," she admits after a long moment, "The midwives day the baby isn't sitting right and fears for them both."

"You're in luck. Did you hear, the Starks have a wizard living at the castle now? He must be an interesting person with many talents," I start, conversationally, and lift a stone off the ground and to my hand with the Force. "He might be able to help."

... aaand here's hoping she doesn't pass out from shock.

The first two thud hard enough to distract the other who goes flying into a pile with them. The girl is looking up at you in equal parts awe, terror, and simple shock.

Then men just groan from their place on the ground, battered and injured.

"There are precious few things in the world I dislike more than I do a rapist," I say approaching the drunken pile-up. Then I reach out through the Force as I speak. "Now, when you're well enough to move again, you will go to whoever runs the guard in this place, you will confess all your sins, and you will rethink your life. Or I come back. And I will not be as merciful."

And while the compulsion of that is sinking in, I squeeze. The two who were watching simply have one hand each broken. The third one ... well, let's say he'll be never have problems with not thinking with his dick _ever_ again.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:31 pm

Rieverre wrote:Still, that means I'll be going down there sooner rather than later. I certainly won't send any of my students there to take the Trial of Spirit without having ventured into the place personally beforehand.

There seems to be spells on the place to suppress it. There are statues of Stark kings, each holding a longsword that are said to keep them contained... and there seems to be a magic indeed on them that does just that.

Well, that puts things nicely into the open. "I can tell when someone is trying to hide something from me, did you know that? Because the Force lets me sense an echo of how they feel. From what I've observed and sensed, Jon Snow is quite possibly the least threatening thing that could ever happen to any of your children. Frustration? Fear of rejection? Uncertainty about what to do with his life? That much I've felt from him. Anger and ill intent towards your children? Hardly. He's perfectly willing to take serious injury or worse for any of them."

"And what makes you believe that? Bastards are by their nature duplicitous. Are you telling me your powers let you see into his very soul?" She looks faux paused by the very idea.

Can hardly blame her. Like I said, it's a dangerous world.

Yep.

"You're in luck. Did you hear, the Starks have a wizard living at the castle now? He must be an interesting person with many talents," I start, conversationally, and lift a stone off the ground and to my hand with the Force. "He might be able to help."

... aaand here's hoping she doesn't pass out from shock.

No... but he eyes almost burst from her head and shes gaping like a fish.

"There are precious few things in the world I dislike more than I do a rapist," I say approaching the drunken pile-up. Then I reach out through the Force as I speak. "Now, when you're well enough to move again, you will go to whoever runs the guard in this place, you will confess all your sins, and you will rethink your life. Or I come back. And I will not be as merciful."

And while the compulsion of that is sinking in, I squeeze. The two who were watching simply have one hand each broken. The third one ... well, let's say he'll be never have problems with not thinking with his dick _ever_ again.

Ok. And what do you do with the girl?

Ned talks to you later. "I just was told three men just confessed to rape and volunteered for the Nights Watch. I take it you had something to do with this?"

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:58 pm

Psyckosama wrote:There seems to be spells on the place to suppress it. There are statues of Stark kings, each holding a longsword that are said to keep them contained... and there seems to be a magic indeed on them that does just that.

Stranger things have happened. I know better than to just say 'it's all the Force anyway' and disregard it.

"And what makes you believe that? Bastards are by their nature duplicitous. Are you telling me your powers let you see into his very soul?" She looks faux paused by the very idea.

"Into his soul? No. But he may as well wear his heart on his sleeve. The only thing he's eager to have is a place to belong, and he's too principled and concerned with acting honorably to even consider fratricide as anything but reprehensible."

No... but he eyes almost burst from her head and shes gaping like a fish.

"You should close that before you swallow a bug."

After a moment.

"Now, calm yourself and take me to your sister. I'll see what I can do."

If it's just the baby being turned around, it should be fairly trivial to adjust with some subtle application of the Force. If it's more than that ... well, I have some rudimentary healer training knocking about in my head, so her chances are still going to be better with me there than without.

Ok. And what do you do with the girl?

Give her my cloak to cover up with, try to calm her down, and either take her to the nearest herbalist or wherever it is she lives/is staying. Unless that was with one of those three assholes, something I wouldn't put past the situation, in which case take her to wherever she says she'd be safe.

Ned talks to you later. "I just was told three men just confessed to rape and volunteered for the Nights Watch. I take it you had something to do with this?"

I nod. "They were taking liberties. I intervened, sent them on their way, and saw the young lady in question to safety. And she was a very young lady, if you take my meaning."
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:32 pm

Rieverre wrote:Stranger things have happened. I know better than to just say 'it's all the Force anyway' and disregard it.

Yeah.

"Into his soul? No. But he may as well wear his heart on his sleeve. The only thing he's eager to have is a place to belong, and he's too principled and concerned with acting honorably to even consider fratricide as anything but reprehensible."

She frowns. "And I have no doubt that you believe that..."

"You should close that before you swallow a bug."

After a moment.

"Now, calm yourself and take me to your sister. I'll see what I can do."

If it's just the baby being turned around, it should be fairly trivial to adjust with some subtle application of the Force. If it's more than that ... well, I have some rudimentary healer training knocking about in my head, so her chances are still going to be better with me there than without.

She takes you there... you find a woman who looks maybe a couple years older than her at most huge with child and laying in bed in the middle of labor pains. She explains that you're the wizard who has been staying with Lord Stark and that you wish to help.

The Midwife who is attending looks suspicious but if you can help, help. Because at this point its up to the gods.

It's rather easy for you to adjust the child in the womb and even help alleviate her labor pains.

Within an hour she's holding a healthy baby boy. The child's father is in tears and offers to name him in your honor. Your magic saved his son and and wife and he'll be forever in your debt.

Give her my cloak to cover up with, try to calm her down, and either take her to the nearest herbalist or wherever it is she lives/is staying. Unless that was with one of those three assholes, something I wouldn't put past the situation, in which case take her to wherever she says she'd be safe.

She grabs you and starts to blubber. You eventually do take her to a herbalist who quickly brews up some moon tea for her. Soon after you take her home to her mother and father who are upset and outraged by what happened, as is their right, but are thankful for your quick intervention.

I nod. "They were taking liberties. I intervened, sent them on their way, and saw the young lady in question to safety. And she was a very young lady, if you take my meaning."

He nods. "I'll see to it the girl is compensated for her suffering. Thank you for your aid in this."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:22 pm

Psyckosama wrote:She frowns. "And I have no doubt that you believe that..."

"It's my job to be certain of the fact. I'd be a horrible teacher if I didn't make sure what I teach is used responsibly."

She takes you there... you find a woman who looks maybe a couple years older than her at most huge with child and laying in bed in the middle of labor pains. She explains that you're the wizard who has been staying with Lord Stark and that you wish to help.

The Midwife who is attending looks suspicious but if you can help, help. Because at this point its up to the gods.

It's rather easy for you to adjust the child in the womb and even help alleviate her labor pains.

Within an hour she's holding a healthy baby boy. The child's father is in tears and offers to name him in your honor. Your magic saved his son and and wife and he'll be forever in your debt.

"Pay it forward and live a good life. I was merely at the right place at the right time. Or maybe that was your sister-in-law. She seems like the type to be familiar with odd twists of fortune."

She grabs you and starts to blubber. You eventually do take her to a herbalist who quickly brews up some moon tea for her. Soon after you take her home to her mother and father who are upset and outraged by what happened, as is their right, but are thankful for your quick intervention.

Well, that's something at least. I'll make sure to check in on her, discreetly, next time I'm making my rounds.

He nods. "I'll see to it the girl is compensated for her suffering. Thank you for your aid in this."

"No need to thank me. This is literally what we do. Or what we should be doing."
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:56 pm

Rieverre wrote:"It's my job to be certain of the fact. I'd be a horrible teacher if I didn't make sure what I teach is used responsibly."

"I've known that boy far longer than you have and he is a menace."

"Pay it forward and live a good life. I was merely at the right place at the right time. Or maybe that was your sister-in-law. She seems like the type to be familiar with odd twists of fortune."

"She's always had good luck..."

Well, that's something at least. I'll make sure to check in on her, discreetly, next time I'm making my rounds.

The girl is doing... as well as can be considered.

"No need to thank me. This is literally what we do. Or what we should be doing."

He nods. "Continue to do so."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:22 pm

Psyckosama wrote:"I've known that boy far longer than you have and he is a menace."

"In what was precisely is he a menace?" I'm genuinely curious, or at least affect that tone.

"She's always had good luck..."

"Being at the right place at the right time, finding things you'd think you'd lost for good, an eye for avoiding the bad sort?"

The girl is doing... as well as can be considered.

Hopefully she'll get better with time.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by WatcherVoid Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:41 pm

Psyckosama wrote:Probably hit the preview button.

OOC: Stupid shit happens when you don't pay attention. To no ones surprise.

You get vague impressions of fire and of war, of ice that will consume the land, stopped only by a thousand glowing swords...

Hardly a surprise that these lands will be engulfed in war as politics and intrigue working towards their boiling points.

It also looks like someone was busy if the indication of a thousand glowing swords is a hint. That someone who is likely me unless there are other who've been dumped here too.

Quite the task lies ahead if peace is to be brought to these lands.

You find yourself standing before a Weirwood... the tree faintly hums with the power of light side and the living force

Curious. I do wonder what would have caused such a concentration of the force in this tree?

I know from my limited knowledge of the setting that important rituals are preformed before these trees and i can't help but wish to see what it's seen in it's years.

Reaching out with the force i seek to learn more about this tree.

God i feel like some kind of elf.
WatcherVoid
WatcherVoid

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:24 pm

Rieverre wrote:"In what was precisely is he a menace?" I'm genuinely curious, or at least affect that tone.

"He's a bastard. They're all as self-serving and duplicitous as their birth."

"Being at the right place at the right time, finding things you'd think you'd lost for good, an eye for avoiding the bad sort?"

"... Yes actually."

Hopefully she'll get better with time.

You do her some lamentations about how she'll never get married now.

WatcherVoid wrote:OOC: Stupid shit happens when you don't pay attention. To no ones surprise.

Sorry to hear that. But yeah.

Hardly a surprise that these lands will be engulfed in war as politics and intrigue working towards their boiling points.

It also looks like someone was busy if the indication of a thousand glowing swords is a hint. That someone who is likely me unless there are other who've been dumped here too.

Quite the task lies ahead if peace is to be brought to these lands.

Yes, yes it is...

It seems that you refounding the order here is the will of the force.

Curious. I do wonder what would have caused such a concentration of the force in this tree?

I know from my limited knowledge of the setting that important rituals are preformed before these trees and i can't help but wish to see what it's seen in it's years.

Reaching out with the force i seek to learn more about this tree.

God i feel like some kind of elf.

You get the impression of ancient wisdom and deep connection to the living force.... and the feeling that its not just this tree. These trees are living alters to the old gods. It makes sense they'd be strong in the force.

Last edited by Psyckosama on Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:07 pm

Psyckosama wrote:"He's a bastard. They're all as self-serving and duplicitous as their birth."

"So ... he hasn't actually _done_ anything, has he? And you can hardly be blamed for the circumstances of your own birth as you've no influence on those. It isn't him you're really punishing, is it, Lady Stark?" I continue calmly.

"... Yes actually."

"Then I believe she and I should have a conversation," I say with a smile, then turn to address the girl directly, "as to whether or not she would like to know why it is that she's been so lucky. And if she would like to learn to do more with it." I gesture in the same way I did when I showed off my telekinesis to her the first time, though without any over effect this time around. She should get my meaning clearly enough.

You do her some lamentations about how she'll never get married now.

Force-dammit medieval society, why do you make me want to shoot you in the head? I might have to go and make her a Mandalorian just to spit in its face, that is, if she ends up showing the proper mindset and gets over her trauma.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:46 pm

Rieverre wrote:"So ... he hasn't actually _done_ anything, has he? And you can hardly be blamed for the circumstances of your own birth as you've no influence on those. It isn't him you're really punishing, is it, Lady Stark?" I continue calmly.

"One only needs to look at the history. They've proven to be nothing but trouble."

"Then I believe she and I should have a conversation," I say with a smile, then turn to address the girl directly, "as to whether or not she would like to know why it is that she's been so lucky. And if she would like to learn to do more with it." I gesture in the same way I did when I showed off my telekinesis to her the first time, though without any over effect this time around. She should get my meaning clearly enough.

Her eyes go wide. "You're offering to teach me magic?"

Force-dammit medieval society, why do you make me want to shoot you in the head? I might have to go and make her a Mandalorian just to spit in its face, that is, if she ends up showing the proper mindset and gets over her trauma.

Talk to her boy.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:40 pm

Psyckosama wrote:"One only needs to look at the history. They've proven to be nothing but trouble."

"What, all of them? I find that difficult to believe. If that were actually the case there'd be a civil war every few years rather than just one rebellion everybody immediately points to."

Her eyes go wide. "You're offering to teach me magic?"

"You have the potential," I shrug, "thought it's not a decision to be made casually. The path to becoming a Jedi is difficult and often fraught with peril. Among other things, you would be learning how to defend yourself and others."

Talk to her boy.

Not my best skill, but mostly it's too early to say one way or the other at the moment. Besides, the unfortunate truth is that I can' fix everything or help everyone.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 17 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next