Giant Stompy Robots
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus!

+2
Psyckosama
Brian Boru
6 posters

Page 9 of 34 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 21 ... 34  Next

Go down

Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus! - Page 9 Empty Re: Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus!

Post by Brian Boru Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:13 am

Rieverre wrote:Sadly, while I'm perfectly amenable to being polite and well-mannered, I'm reasonably certain that I would be a horrible mess at 'courting' of any kind. I freely admit to being too self-absorbed for that.

That aside, if Hennah really is that much of a sweet girl, I'd probably feel like I was taking advantage.
Frankly she doesn't seem that bothered at all at any fumbles.

That it's a definite possibility, if perhaps not quite the way she means, as while I've learned a lot of what I set out to it still isn't all I wanted to.

Actually, after we get back, I'll inquire with Anna whether or not she'd be open to me still visiting after I get back to the Vale, and if I could take more lessons regarding more common/mundane remedies and poultices. Especially as after the tournament I might actually be able to pay for tuition.
She rather surprised at that, most squires would rather smash each other's skulls in. The fact you want to learn how to keep yourself alive on a battlefield is amazing in of itself, that you want more...but if you're willing to pay she'll show you what she can though she warns that unless you're able to dedicate a lot of time then this will be agonizingly slow work and you're martial training will likely backslide that and your master might actually want you for your squirely duties.

That works then. I'm more looking forward to the melee anyway. Jousts are fine and all, but it's so rigid and formulaic I can't help but get somewhat annoyed at the idea of it.
"Heh, prefer bashing things instead eh lad?"

We can burn that bridge when we get to it, which'll be a while anyway. I'll probably just wear a hood or somesuch.
Well either way you head out from the Vale, you want to say good-bye right quick?

Either way roll a d100 for your first leg of the journey.

Rieverre wrote:Missed my post again?
Sorry about that. You'd think it'd be easier working with just two of you....

Psyckosama wrote:"Maybe I'm a bit too soft hearted."
Robert mentions that Jon had told him before that a king must sometimes do what personally reprehensible in order to maintain the order of the realm. And that he's used his fair share of Iron and Blood to keep the Seven Kingdoms from tearing itself apart.

"If I had my way we'd melt it down and use the iron to make the nails for a school for orphans."
"My arse would appreciate it, but I think Jon has a bit of a point about it supposed to not be comfortable a reminder or something about how a king shouldn't get complacent...not my fault I don't always listen to him."

"Though I must beg as her brother that you allow her to marry for love. There's a young lad she has her heart set on and while he's not of the highest birth he is of very good character."
"Not much fear of that, not many would want to marry a king's bastard daughter, even if she's legitimized."

"When the time comes please don't force me to marry a woman of your choice. I will do my best to marry in the benefit of the nation, but... yeah."

Deep breath.
He laughs, you have a few years yet, though you might not have a choice. He's learned the hard way that in some ways Kings are more constricted then the lowest small folk. He won't push anything himself. Stannis does comment that you'll just pick the first girl to smile at you and then everyone's in trouble. He did his duty and he doesn't see why you can renege on yours. That last bit is implied.

(I think it's implied somewhere that Robert purposely chose the Florent girl that the Florent family couldn't GIVE AWAY it would have made just as much sense to set him up with the pretty and big tittied sister of Mace Tyrell if getting sweet with the Reach was the point.)

"Fair enough. Maybe I'm thinking of jerking his chain maybe a bit too hard. Honestly the man needs to listen to his own damned song..."
Jon comments that the humiliation of his two 'golden' children is more than enough.

Joffery I couldn't give a fuck about... well... besides "alive".
No point in being sadistic if it can be avoided.

I look at her and my eyes narrow. Men will paint images of this as well. Utter contempt and disgust. "You really are a sad, vicious piece of work aren't you?"
She splutters in outrage.

I look at Jamie. Now I seem sympathetic. I honestly feel sorry for him. "Your sister ordered my father's squires to assassinate him by drugging his wine with the Milk of Poppy during a boar hunt and we've figured out who the children's father really is. I've convinced the king to give a degree of clemency to you both. There will be no executions and I will do my best to protect you from torture... unless you decide to compound your crimes and do something stupid. Then I can't make any promises. So with that said, I'm going to give you two choices. First, you can surrender your sword honorably and be taken into custody with your honor intact. Second... I'll take it from you. The choice is yours, Ser Jamie."

If she demands he fight for her I look at her, "M'lady, why is it that people like you always think that you're more ruthless than people like me. We have already taken your children into custody. I can promises you the health and well being of the little ones, but Joffery, well... without his mummy to control the little spoilt little shite who knows what mischief he may find, and unlike the past, the king has absolutely no reason to tolerate his shenanigans."

Oh, and we're moving now. She can wrap herself in a sheet. I don't say it but honesty, if she wishes to behave as a whore, she will dress as one.
At this point Jaime says, "To hell with it!" He gives Cersei a scorching kiss then throws himself at you in an attempt to either cut his way through you or die in the attempt, he doesn't seem to care either way.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus! - Page 9 Empty Re: Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus!

Post by Psyckosama Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:36 am

Brian Boru wrote:Robert mentions that Jon had told him before that a king must sometimes do what personally reprehensible in order to maintain the order of the realm.  And that he's used his fair share of Iron and Blood to keep the Seven Kingdoms from tearing itself apart.
"It is better to be feared than loved, but better still to be both. I understand it but its still its a slippery slope and its all to easy to look back and find that you've become something you hate... I just want to avoid becoming that man."

"My arse would appreciate it, but I think Jon has a bit of a point about it supposed to not be comfortable a reminder or something about how a king shouldn't get complacent...not my fault I don't always listen to him."
I give him a look. "Then put a cushion on it... and maybe a new back with proper lumbar support."

"Not much fear of that, not many would want to marry a king's bastard daughter, even if she's legitimized."  
I chuckle. "Well, I'm sure she and Mycheal will be happy to hear that. Double so considering that if they become betrothed I'll stop hovering behind them with a rusty gelding knife..."

He laughs, you have a few years yet, though you might not have a choice.  He's learned the hard way that in some ways Kings are more constricted then the lowest small folk.  He won't push anything himself.  Stannis does comment that you'll just pick the first girl to smile at you and then everyone's in trouble.  [/quote]
I roll my eyes "Hardly. I just want one that I can live with. I'm not asking to marry a pretty Shepard's daughter. The good of the kingdom will be a primary concern, just for the opportunity to choose which high born progeny I end up with... after all, since I'm to be king it seems, it would be useful for me to be able to help direct what will likely be one of main political alliances of my reign."

He did his duty and he doesn't see why you can renege on yours. That last bit is implied.

(I think it's implied somewhere that Robert purposely chose the Florent girl that the Florent family couldn't GIVE AWAY it would have made just as much sense to set him up with the pretty and big tittied sister of Mace Tyrell if getting sweet with the Reach was the point.)
If I found out the truth behind that... yeah, if Robert was just being an ass I'll rip him a new asshole on Stannis's behalf.

Jon comments that the humiliation of his two 'golden' children is more than enough.
"I meant he wiped out two houses to teach a lesson about what happens when you disparage and humiliate your lord. Then the dumb son of a bitch allows his idiot children do the very same thing. I was just saying it would have done him well to learn the lesson himself."

No point in being sadistic if it can be avoided.
Agreed.

She splutters in outrage.
"I strongly suggest you remain silent less I be forced to silence you."

At this point Jaime says, "To hell with it!"  He gives Cersei a scorching kiss then throws himself at you in an attempt to either cut his way through you or die in the attempt, he doesn't seem to care either way.
Psyckosama carried out 1 launched of one d100 :

This isn't Sailor Moon and I'm not going to give him his dramatic moment.

By the time he'd done the kiss, I'm already on him. It's a full shield charge. I want to throw him off balance, lock up his sword arm, and then knee him in the junk so hard that he'll spit up walnuts.

Then I secure his arms, pat him down for weapons, and hand his sword over to Ser Barristan, and march the two of them to the throne room. And no, she cannot get dressed.

Barristan's to keep an eye on the woman who is told. "Bitch, stand in the middle of the room with your hands on your head. and your legs spread. If you don't comply..." I look at Ser Barristan, "Ensure she complies. And no, she may not garb herself. We bring her as we found her"

Psyckosama
Admin

https://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:26 am

Psyckosama wrote:"It is better to be feared than loved, but better still to be both. I understand it but its still its a slippery slope and its all to easy to look back and find that you've become something you hate... I just want to avoid becoming that man."
"Well all a man can do is the best he can."

I give him a look. "Then put a cushion on it... and maybe a new back with proper lumbar support."
Comfort (or lack there off) is part of it.Laughing 

I chuckle. "Well, I'm sure she and Mycheal will be happy to hear that. Double so considering that if they become betrothed I'll stop hovering behind them with a rusty gelding knife..."
He snorts at that. If she's of his blood, she can take care of herself.

I roll my eyes "Hardly. I just want one that I can live with. I'm not asking to marry a pretty Shepard's daughter. The good of the kingdom will be a primary concern, just for the opportunity to choose which high born progeny I end up with... after all, since I'm to be king it seems, it would be useful for me to be able to help direct what will likely be one of main political alliances of my reign."
"Still it might be prudent to have a list ready...should the time come."

If I found out the truth behind that... yeah, if Robert was just being an ass I'll rip him a new asshole on Stannis's behalf.
Robert will NEVER tell.

"I meant he wiped out two houses to teach a lesson about what happens when you disparage and humiliate your lord. Then the dumb son of a bitch allows his idiot children do the very same thing. I was just saying it would have done him well to learn the lesson himself."
Can't argue with that though you'd think his kids would have learned don't fuck with those stronger than you.

"I strongly suggest you remain silent less I be forced to silence you."
That shuts her mouth though she still doesn't seem all that...tickled with you.

This isn't Sailor Moon and I'm not going to give him his dramatic moment.

By the time he'd done the kiss, I'm already on him. It's a full shield charge. I want to throw him off balance, lock up his sword arm, and then knee him in the junk so hard that he'll spit up walnuts.
You hear a high pitch squeal then he down and out like a light, you actually see blood coming from his groin....might have hit a little too hard.

Then I secure his arms, pat him down for weapons, and hand his sword over to Ser Barristan, and march the two of them to the throne room. And no, she cannot get dressed.

Barristan's to keep an eye on the woman who is told. "Bitch, stand in the middle of the room with your hands on your head. and your legs spread. If you don't comply..." I look at Ser Barristan, "Ensure she complies. And no, she may not garb herself. We bring her as we found her"
Well actually you have to carry Jaime, Barristan Frog Marches Cersei to the throne room, though he's obviously uncomfortable about this.

Roll a d20 to make sure you don't run into anyone you shouldn't before you get to your destination.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:03 am

Brian Boru wrote:"Well all a man can do is the best he can."
"Aye."

Comfort (or lack there off) is part of it.Laughing 
Fuck that. I've seen the pictures on the wall of the red keep of the long line of previous kings. All of them are hunched over in their age and I bet its because of the chair! Lessons about the difficulties of rule are one thing, lack of proper support is a while other story.

He snorts at that.  If she's of his blood, she can take care of herself.
"That's the problem," I reply pointedly.

"Still it might be prudent to have a list ready...should the time come."
"I'll vet anyone I wish to court first, and am open to suggestions."

Robert will NEVER tell.
If he did he deserves a kick to the nuts.

Can't argue with that though you'd think his kids would have learned don't fuck with those stronger than you.
Effective leader, poor parenting skills coupled with an idiotic megalomaniac daughter.

That shuts her mouth though she still doesn't seem all that...tickled with you.
Zero fucks are given.

You hear a high pitch squeal then he down and out like a light, you actually see blood coming from his groin....might have hit a little too hard.
"I tired to warn you, Ser Jamie."

Well actually you have to carry Jaime, Barristan Frog Marches Cersei to the throne room, though he's obviously uncomfortable about this.
She can walk normally. I just wanted her hands where we could see them while we were dealing with Jamie. I don't trust stupid not to act stupid.

Roll a d20 to make sure you don't run into anyone you shouldn't before you get to your destination.
Psyckosama carried out 1 launched of one d20 :

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:18 am

Brian Boru wrote:Frankly she doesn't seem that bothered at all at any fumbles.
It's a pity, then, that I consider Hennah to be strictly off-limits for the moment for other reasons as well. Like the fact that I might have actually gotten Anna to trust me? Yeah, that's kind of a big one I'm not going to be doing anything to mess up if I can help it.

She rather surprised at that, most squires would rather smash each other's skulls in.  The fact you want to learn how to keep yourself alive on a battlefield is amazing in of itself, that you want more...but if you're willing to pay she'll show you what she can though she warns that unless you're able to dedicate a lot of time then this will be agonizingly slow work and you're martial training will likely backslide that and your master might actually want you for your squirely duties.
"What can I say, I have a broader concept of conflict than most of my contemporaries. Knowledge is as much a weapon as anything my arms could wield, and as I lack the funds and backing to go study at the Citadel, nevermind hiring a Maester, I arm myself where I can for this dangerous world of ours."

Then I shrug.

"Time is what it is. Should we ever enter into such an arrangement, I would not expect miracles. Hells, it might not even come to that. It's all on whether or not I even come back to the Gates."

I'm not saying anything more at the moment, but ... if I manage to somehow really hit it big at the tournament or on the way to or from there, I might just be tempted to hire both Anna and her daughter outright as I go about creating an entourage. Or make the offer anyway. She'd probably not accept.

Sigh.

There goes my plan of eventually being surrounded by a loyal and competent group of comely odalisques. I can still dream though.

"Heh, prefer bashing things instead eh lad?"
"Not really. I prefer having options. There's more to a knight than a horse and a lance, or a horse and a sword, after all. You'd think the tournaments would let them show that off as well. At least, that's what I've seen for myself and what your tuition has led me to believe, Ser Martyn."

Well either way you head out from the Vale, you want to say good-bye right quick?
Might as well do that, as well as using it as an excuse to introduce Mya to Anna and Hennah, which I do not believe has happened yet ... or if it has, I am not yet aware that it did. That'll be fairly amusing.

As for the goodbyes themselves, I'm tempted to ham it up a bit, elaborate bows and hand-kissing included.

"Rest assured, my ladies, that I shall keep you in my thoughts and heart until our paths cross again."

That kind of thing. Though the sardonic grin that finds its way onto my face probably tips them off about the fact that, yes, I'm playing up the ham.

Either way roll a d100 for your first leg of the journey.
Do we travel in a larger group? If so, who's coming with?

I'll spend camp-time continuing to try and make Mya the deadliest thing on two legs (this is my cunning plan to get her dangerous enough that I can keep my skills and conditioning up by sparring with her), as well as getting some extra polish on my skills from Ser Martyn ... and keeping up my archery practice. What? I like the bow. It has the distinct advantage of letting you reach out and stab someone with lessened risk of them stabbing you back.

Roll below.

Rieverre wrote:Missed my post again?Sorry about that.  You'd think it'd be easier working with just two of you....
It happens. Psy is on at times that are more in line with the times you post, because time difference, so yeah.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:18 am

The member 'Rieverre' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd100' : 6

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:33 pm

Psyckosama wrote:Fuck that. I've seen the pictures on the wall of the red keep of the long line of previous kings. All of them are hunched over in their age and I bet its because of the chair! Lessons about the difficulties of rule are one thing, lack of proper support is a while other story.
"Won't get any complaints from me."

"That's the problem," I reply pointedly.
He sputters for a moment then turns away a flush on his face.

"I'll vet anyone I wish to court first, and am open to suggestions."
They agree to that.

If he did he deserves a kick to the nuts.
Maybe he did
maybe he didn't

Effective leader, poor parenting skills coupled with an idiotic megalomaniac daughter.
Heh

"I tired to warn you, Ser Jamie."
"....uuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhh....."

She can walk normally. I just wanted her hands where we could see them while we were dealing with Jamie. I don't trust stupid not to act stupid.
That's what it took.

As you make your way through the castle you come to a stop when you see a group of Lannister guards marching by. They haven't seen you and you're not sure if Cersei knows that they're there but you might want to cut that problem in the bud.

Rieverre wrote:It's a pity, then, that I consider Hennah to be strictly off-limits for the moment for other reasons as well. Like the fact that I might have actually gotten Anna to trust me? Yeah, that's kind of a big one I'm not going to be doing anything to mess up if I can help it.
Alright.

"What can I say, I have a broader concept of conflict than most of my contemporaries. Knowledge is as much a weapon as anything my arms could wield, and as I lack the funds and backing to go study at the Citadel, nevermind hiring a Maester, I arm myself where I can for this dangerous world of ours."

Then I shrug.

"Time is what it is. Should we ever enter into such an arrangement, I would not expect miracles. Hells, it might not even come to that. It's all on whether or not I even come back to the Gates."
She accepts that explanation though she thinks you a little fatalistic thinking you might never return to the Vale.

I'm not saying anything more at the moment, but ... if I manage to somehow really hit it big at the tournament or on the way to or from there, I might just be tempted to hire both Anna and her daughter outright as I go about creating an entourage. Or make the offer anyway. She'd probably not accept.

Sigh.

There goes my plan of eventually being surrounded by a loyal and competent group of comely odalisques. I can still dream though.
Don't give up hope yet.

"Not really. I prefer having options. There's more to a knight than a horse and a lance, or a horse and a sword, after all. You'd think the tournaments would let them show that off as well. At least, that's what I've seen for myself and what your tuition has led me to believe, Ser Martyn."
"True but that's what normally get's people's attention, particularly noble daughters." He smirks, "Though the smart one's also pay attention to the melee."

Might as well do that, as well as using it as an excuse to introduce Mya to Anna and Hennah, which I do not believe has happened yet ... or if it has, I am not yet aware that it did. That'll be fairly amusing.
Mya, Anna and Hennah seem to hit off well enough.

As for the goodbyes themselves, I'm tempted to ham it up a bit, elaborate bows and hand-kissing included.

"Rest assured, my ladies, that I shall keep you in my thoughts and heart until our paths cross again."

That kind of thing. Though the sardonic grin that finds its way onto my face probably tips them off about the fact that, yes, I'm playing up the ham.
Both of them laugh and wish you luck, though Hennah asks if you take the wooden Seven Pointed Star her father carved for her. "No one in a tourney should be missing a favor right?" She asks embarrassed.

Do we travel in a larger group? If so, who's coming with?
About 20 in total, knights and squires competing along with a few men-at-arms...and also Mya. Corbray and Redfort unfortunately WON'T be along for the ride.

I'll spend camp-time continuing to try and make Mya the deadliest thing on two legs (this is my cunning plan to get her dangerous enough that I can keep my skills and conditioning up by sparring with her), as well as getting some extra polish on my skills from Ser Martyn ... and keeping up my archery practice. What? I like the bow. It has the distinct advantage of letting you reach out and stab someone with lessened risk of them stabbing you back.
Practicing with Mya goes well and you're sure that plenty of men would have a hard time with her, BUT you can still wipe the floor with her even with one hand behind your back though hoping on one leg you feel might be on the cruel side with her.

The first leg of the trip goes perfectly, the weather is perfect and you have almost no problems what so ever, however...there is ONE bizzare event. When you go to take a leak you hear the sound of a Shadowcat and something else putting up a terrific fight. When you look you see a large Stag doing it's best to fight off an attacking Shadowcat, however the Shadow cat is not the dark blues and purples, instead the thing is a honey color. While the stag is putting up a ferocious fight the thing doesn't look all that well. What do you do?
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:46 pm

Brian Boru wrote:"Won't get any complaints from me."
"I'll work on it once we're back to the castle."

And I will. I'll have a cushion and back made as a gift to father, custom fitted.

He sputters for a moment then turns away a flush on his face.
"Now you see the problem..."

They agree to that.
"Good, now how about my evil plot to kidnap Daenerys Targaryen... put down the hammer, father! It was just a joke!"

Maybe he did
maybe he didn't
If he did it was the most dick move ever.

Heh
I'll even say as much.

"....uuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhh....."
"... maybe I hit a little too hard. My apologies, but you did draw steel."

That's what it took.
Suspected as much.

As you make your way through the castle you come to a stop when you see a group of Lannister guards marching by.  They haven't seen you and you're not sure if Cersei knows that they're there but you might want to cut that problem in the bud.
I basically grab her mouth and neck and restrain her and put enough pressure on that she'll pass out if she tries anything. Or I'll be able to KO her. Or just smash her into a wall and KO her. Or simply break her whore neck. Basically she does anything stupid and the result will be not happy.

We slip into the shadows and let them pass. If they attack she goes out like a light and I slaughter the guards.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:53 pm

Brian Boru wrote:She accepts that explanation though she thinks you a little fatalistic thinking you might never return to the Vale.
"Things change, people leave, and you can never go home again. In a way, even if I come back to the Vale, it won't be the same Vale I'll have left. Things will have changed. Aaaaand now I'm getting maudlin," I have to laugh at that point. "I will miss you and Anna though."

I resolve to remember to get them something nice and practical from King's Landing.

Don't give up hope yet.
That most insidious of venoms.

Mya, Anna and Hennah seem to hit off well enough.
There's that at least.

Both of them laugh and wish you luck, though Hennah asks if you take the wooden Seven Pointed Star her father carved for her.  "No one in a tourney should be missing a favor right?"  She asks embarrassed.
"Far be it from me to say no to one freely offered." It's a touching gesture, to be sure, and I'm actually a bit hesitant in accepting it. Would be horribly rude to say no, though. "I suppose this makes me obligated to make my way back by hook or by crook," I add with a raised eyebrow.

About 20 in total, knights and squires competing along with a few men-at-arms...and also Mya.  Corbray and Redfort unfortunately WON'T be along for the ride.
I'm not really certain whether that's fortunate or not, to be honest. I'll take it as the former, though, and use the time to make up for lost sibling bonding time with Mya, maybe telling her a little of what I learned from Anna.

Practicing with Mya goes well and you're sure that plenty of men would have a hard time with her, BUT you can still wipe the floor with her even with one hand behind your back though hoping on one leg you feel might be on the cruel side with her.
I do have certain advantages, though. I'll start including things like the safe way to handle a knife in close quarters, and spend some evenings just discussing the weak points of the human body, the obvious arteries, points where if you shove a finger against skin and bone you'll definitely be causing pain to whoever you're doing it to, etc. Eventually, this'll include holds and leverage, though I only have a mostly-basic knowledge of those.

The first leg of the trip goes perfectly, the weather is perfect and you have almost no problems what so ever, however...there is ONE bizzare event.  When you go to take a leak you hear the sound of a Shadowcat and something else putting up a terrific fight.  When you look you see a large Stag doing it's best to fight off an attacking Shadowcat, however the Shadow cat is not the dark blues and purples, instead the thing is a honey color.  While the stag is putting up a ferocious fight the thing doesn't look all that well.  What do you do?
Blink at the sight, before unlimbering my bow and shooting the shadowcat in one motion. And if I miss, I do so again. And again. Until it's down. All the while grumbling about 'godsdamned symbolism'.

... and from a practical point of view, the Shadowcat is curiosity enough that it'll make a better pelt. ^^

(I _like_ my bow. While I'm obligated to have a sword with me, a knife, truncheon and bow, I have with me as a rule.)
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:04 pm

Psyckosama wrote:"I'll work on it once we're back to the castle."

And I will. I'll have a cushion and back made as a gift to father, custom fitted.
Alright

"Now you see the problem..."
"...aye..."

"Good, now how about my evil plot to kidnap Daenerys Targaryen... put down the hammer, father! It was just a joke!"
He gives you a LOOOOOOONG look then lets it go for the moment.

I'll even say as much.
Jon and Robert kind of agree.

"... maybe I hit a little too hard. My apologies, but you did draw steel."
"...uuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhh..."

I basically grab her mouth and neck and restrain her and put enough pressure on that she'll pass out if she tries anything. Or I'll be able to KO her. Or just smash her into a wall and KO her. Or simply break her whore neck. Basically she does anything stupid and the result will be not happy.

We slip into the shadows and let them pass. If they attack she goes out like a light and I slaughter the guards.
You manage to clap your hands where needed and then hide and watch the patrol move by. Roll a d20

Rieverre wrote:"Things change, people leave, and you can never go home again. In a way, even if I come back to the Vale, it won't be the same Vale I'll have left. Things will have changed. Aaaaand now I'm getting maudlin," I have to laugh at that point. "I will miss you and Anna though."

I resolve to remember to get them something nice and practical from King's Landing.
"As will we."

"Far be it from me to say no to one freely offered." It's a touching gesture, to be sure, and I'm actually a bit hesitant in accepting it. Would be horribly rude to say no, though. "I suppose this makes me obligated to make my way back by hook or by crook," I add with a raised eyebrow.
She flushes and says that she'll pray for your success and safe return. Then she heads back into the shop.

I'm not really certain whether that's fortunate or not, to be honest. I'll take it as the former, though, and use the time to make up for lost sibling bonding time with Mya, maybe telling her a little of what I learned from Anna.
It is a nice bonding moment though you also interact with the other squires who are impressed as your fight in the mountains.

I do have certain advantages, though. I'll start including things like the safe way to handle a knife in close quarters, and spend some evenings just discussing the weak points of the human body, the obvious arteries, points where if you shove a finger against skin and bone you'll definitely be causing pain to whoever you're doing it to, etc. Eventually, this'll include holds and leverage, though I only have a mostly-basic knowledge of those.
She's...average with this though she's big and strong for a girl, she's still a girl, and most men will still have an advantage though they'll have one hell of a nasty surprise if they try to tangle with her.

Blink at the sight, before unlimbering my bow and shooting the shadowcat in one motion. And if I miss, I do so again. And again. Until it's down. All the while grumbling about 'godsdamned symbolism'.

... and from a practical point of view, the Shadowcat is curiosity enough that it'll make a better pelt. ^^

(I _like_ my bow. While I'm obligated to have a sword with me, a knife, truncheon and bow, I have with me as a rule.)
It takes two shots for the thing to drop but drop it does. The stag seems to stare at you for a moment, then you swear for an instant that it bows to you but instead is moving to lick a wound, then it dashes off into the mountains.

When you take the hide back to camp, many ask what happened, and look in amazement at the bizarrely colored Shadowcat.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:22 pm

Brian Boru wrote:
"...aye..."
"As a bastard, anything that creates the possibility of more bastards is to be avoided. Mya deserved better and I made sure."

He gives you a LOOOOOOONG look then lets it go for the moment.
"What? You have to admit, a tendency for nutty aside, dragon bitches tend to be quite fuckable."

Jon and Robert kind of agree.
Not that either of them are any measure, not that I say it.

"...uuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhh..."
"Oh stop whining."

You manage to clap your hands where needed and then hide and watch the patrol move by.  Roll a d20
Didn't expect a full on Sneaking mission. Or in her case, a streaking mission.

And heres me without my box!

Psyckosama carried out 1 launched of one d20 :

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:23 pm

Brian Boru wrote:She flushes and says that she'll pray for your success and safe return.  Then she heads back into the shop.
I watch her leave for a moment longer, then tuck the symbol away.

"'suppose this isn't the right time to say I'm not really much for religion," I say as an aside to Anna, trying to see what reaction, if any, she had to that. "But I can appreciate faith."

It is a nice bonding moment though you also interact with the other squires who are impressed as your fight in the mountains.
Quite. I probably spar against a few of them as well, since we've little but time on the road ... well, when we aren't moving. Even with horses, a group is going to take weeks at the least in getting to our destination, I imagine. I'll give tips where appropriate if I kick anyone's ass, and emphasize situational awareness.

She's...average with this though she's big and strong for a girl, she's still a girl, and most men will still have an advantage though they'll have one hell of a nasty surprise if they try to tangle with her.
It's actually fairly amazing how little you need in the way of basic understanding of leverage to hyperextend someone's arm, and the whole point of the knife is that she's smaller and it's not a weapon that relies on strength much. I'll try to emphasize technique and mobility where I can.

It takes two shots for the thing to drop but drop it does.  The stag seems to stare at you for a moment, then you swear for an instant that it bows to you but instead is moving to lick a wound, then it dashes off into the mountains.

When you take the hide back to camp, many ask what happened, and look in amazement at the bizarrely colored Shadowcat.
Actually, I drag the whole thing to camp, not just the hide. I want to do a proper job of it, cleaning it and stripping the fur, as well as keeping claws ... hell, if I can, I'd like to keep the skull. If it isn't feasible to clean that properly, the teeth.

I'd like to keep the fur and hide as intact as possible, in any case. Still trying to decide what to do with it. I'm tempted to have Robert's hammer wrapped in it and present the whole thing to him, because SYMBOLISM!
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:28 pm

Psyckosama wrote:"As a bastard, anything that creates the possibility of more bastards is to be avoided. Mya deserved better and I made sure."
"Indeed."

"What? You have to admit, a tendency for nutty aside, dragon bitches tend to be quite fuckable."
Another LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNG! look.

Not that either of them are any measure, not that I say it.
Heh

"Oh stop whining."
*whine*

Didn't expect a full on Sneaking mission. Or in her case, a streaking mission.

And heres me without my box!

More than five so they notice you, less than ten so they're so goddamn confused they don't know what to make of it. The patrol leader clears his throat and asks, "Erm...Lord Commander, Ser Stone....what...what is going on....?" Act quick enough and forceful enough and they MIGHT leave you alone. Word of advice traitor to the crown is only going to confuse them or piss them off.

Rieverre wrote:I watch her leave for a moment longer, then tuck the symbol away.

"'suppose this isn't the right time to say I'm not really much for religion," I say as an aside to Anna, trying to see what reaction, if any, she had to that. "But I can appreciate faith."
She grins wryly and says, "As a bastard not many of the seven do seem all that important do they?"

Quite. I probably spar against a few of them as well, since we've little but time on the road ... well, when we aren't moving. Even with horses, a group is going to take weeks at the least in getting to our destination, I imagine. I'll give tips where appropriate if I kick anyone's ass, and emphasize situational awareness.
It's a pretty good learning experience and you get some practice in fighting multiple opponents in.

It's actually fairly amazing how little you need in the way of basic understanding of leverage to hyperextend someone's arm, and the whole point of the knife is that she's smaller and it's not a weapon that relies on strength much. I'll try to emphasize technique and mobility where I can.
Noted.

Actually, I drag the whole thing to camp, not just the hide. I want to do a proper job of it, cleaning it and stripping the fur, as well as keeping claws ... hell, if I can, I'd like to keep the skull. If it isn't feasible to clean that properly, the teeth.

I'd like to keep the fur and hide as intact as possible, in any case. Still trying to decide what to do with it. I'm tempted to have Robert's hammer wrapped in it and present the whole thing to him, because SYMBOLISM!
Alright then. The body is quickly taken care of and you manage to find a leather worker in the next village out of the mountains. The fur makes for an excellent possible cloak and the teeth and skull makes for something down right scary and primitive. And so you enter the Riverlands. Roll a d100 for what you run into.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:42 pm

Brian Boru wrote:"Indeed."
"So, you've ever eaten stone roasted boar?"

Another LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNG! look.
I laugh.

*whine*
"Do I have to kick you again?"

More than five so they notice you, less than ten so they're so goddamn confused they don't know what to make of it.
Basically you were going to make me roll this until I got something high. Love those false choices :p

The patrol leader clears his throat and asks, "Erm...Lord Commander,  Ser Stone....what...what is going on....?"  Act quick enough and forceful enough and they MIGHT leave you alone.  Word of advice traitor to the crown is only going to confuse them or piss them off.
"We are under orders from the king himself to bring them to the throne room immediately and no matter the condition they were in. This is how we found them. If you have any doubts then come with us. You can come with or you can get out of the way, but royal orders are to be obeyed without question and I will strike down the first man who gets between me and the duty that my father has given to me."

I'm being intimidating. Razz

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:46 pm

Brian Boru wrote:She grins wryly and says, "As a bastard not many of the seven do seem all that important do they?"
"Oh, they're archetypes, yes, and I certainly think that the values they represent can be worthwhile, but rigid worship is rigid worship and people will be people. Well, and the whole bit where it condemns bastards, that's a bit annoying," I reply with a grin of my own. "And telling people you're most comfortable with the Stranger is a good way of putting them off balance."

It's a pretty good learning experience and you get some practice in fighting multiple opponents in.
I make sure to mix up what weapons I train with, just to get a better all-'round feel for things. Sometimes you don't get the luxury of picking and choosing. How are my lessons with Ser Martyn going?

Alright then.  The body is quickly taken care of and you manage to find a leather worker in the next village out of the mountains.  The fur makes for an excellent possible cloak and the teeth and skull makes for something down right scary and primitive.  And so you enter the Riverlands.  Roll a d100 for what you run into.
Shiny. I keep them with the hammer. I'm tempted to keep the skull and teeth, but considering the wilders and the stories from the North, I'll hold off on adorning myself with bits of my prey.

Roll in following post.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:47 pm

dammit, ate my roll ... New try below.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:47 pm

The member 'Rieverre' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd100' : 45

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:39 am

Psyckosama wrote:"So, you've ever eaten stone roasted boar?"
He smiles, "Several times."

"Do I have to kick you again?"
Instant Silence.

Basically you were going to make me roll this until I got something high. Love those false choices :p
Duly noted and will fix in the future.

"We are under orders from the king himself to bring them to the throne room immediately and no matter the condition they were in. This is how we found them. If you have any doubts then come with us. You can come with or you can get out of the way, but royal orders are to be obeyed without question and I will strike down the first man who gets between me and the duty that my father has given to me."

I'm being intimidating. Razz
They almost all but fall over each other to get lost. "Right away m'lord many of them sputter and scram. You could sell tickets to see the look on Cersei's face.

Either way you head on. Soon you reach the main hall and there Sitting in the throne, with his Armor on, his hammer across his lap, and his crown on his head, is the mighty Robert Baratheon, King of the Andals, Firstmen, and Rhoynar, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms and protector of the realm. His eyes crackle with the fury of Storms.

There by his side is the Venerable Jon Arryn, Hand of the King, Lord of the Eyrie, Lord Paramount of the Vale, and Warden of the East. His eyes speak of the harsh wisdom of the Falcon. Arround him are other members of the Small council, a plethora of Gold Cloaks who have been vetted and every Stormlander in King's Landing he could find. A relatively fair amount actually.

Then the two are dropped to the floor at the feet of the throne. Battered and beaten Golden lions of the west. The male bashed beyond the ability to fight, the lioness, though helpless remains furious. She begins another tirade demanding why they have been treated as such.

She's cut off by the mighty Stag of the Stormlands who bellows out, "SILENCE!" A fury on his face not seen in a long time. He then turns to Jon Arryn and nods. Jon opens a parchement and proclaims, Jaime and Cersei Lannister, you have been accused of treason to crown, adultery, incest, attempting to murder the king, and the intention of usurping the throne from house Baratheon."

His eyes bore into the two, "How do you face these charges?"

Cersei stares in horror for a moment, then she snarls and stands up, all in her naked glory and screams, "How DARE YOU, you old Buzzard! You FAT FOOL!" She then denies all of these charges and demands what proof do you have?

The Lannister boys are brought forward and tell their tail about what they tried to do and why. Cersei all but assaults them and is stopped only just.

Then the book of the the houses of the Seven Kingdoms is presented and a list of Baratheons from days gone by is tolled. All of them black of hair, even the seven marriages between house Baratheon and Lannister, 13 if you include the historical Durrendon, the black overpowered the gold.

The three children are presented, scared out of their wits but otherwise not even a hair out of place. All of them golden of hair and the eldest is a small replica of his supposed 'uncle.'

Cersei then demands a proper trial one where the lords Paramount are brought to judge a fair trial.

Jon shakes his head, "With such foul accusations this MUST be dealt with as swiftly as possible lest the realm fall into chaos and war."

Cersei's eyes widen and she then demands trial by combat for both her and her brother. When Jon asks, "And who will be your Champion?"

Cersei's eyes widen for a moment and she looks to the all but insensate Jaime with hopelessness and disgust then a thought seems to come to her mind. "Ser Gregor Clegane!"

Clegane IS still in the city at the moment.

Then Jon Arryn says, "Who will Champion the King?"

There is dead silence for a moment, even Robert looks like he's more than a little apprehensive but he steels himself and makes to move....

Rieverre wrote:"Oh, they're archetypes, yes, and I certainly think that the values they represent can be worthwhile, but rigid worship is rigid worship and people will be people. Well, and the whole bit where it condemns bastards, that's a bit annoying," I reply with a grin of my own. "And telling people you're most comfortable with the Stranger is a good way of putting them off balance."
She gives you a look but shrugs and seems to decide that it isn't worth continuing talking about it.

I make sure to mix up what weapons I train with, just to get a better all-'round feel for things. Sometimes you don't get the luxury of picking and choosing. How are my lessons with Ser Martyn going?
Quite well.

[quoteShiny. I keep them with the hammer. I'm tempted to keep the skull and teeth, but considering the wilders and the stories from the North, I'll hold off on adorning myself with bits of my prey.[/quote]
Alright.

The journey through the Riverlands is a bit rougher. The weather is a bit less agreeable and your group nearly looses a mount but it's about half way through that your travels are interrupted by a band of hedge knights from the Reach, and mighty pissed looking too, a good 20 of them.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:47 am

Brian Boru wrote:She gives you a look but shrugs and seems to decide that it isn't worth continuing talking about it.
Time to go, then. Bit of a pity, though, as it was a fun conversation ... admittedly, I did paint myself as somewhat offputting in its course.

"Stay safe, you two."

The journey through the Riverlands is a bit rougher.  The weather is a bit less agreeable and your group nearly looses a mount but it's about half way through that your travels are interrupted by a band of hedge knights from the Reach, and mighty pissed looking too, a good 20 of them.
... that does not look well at all. Dammit.

I'll let the knights of our group do the talking - politeness demands it, for one, and get the squires somewhat organized. I can just smell the conflict on the air, even if I can't recall offhand what the cause for that conflict would be. The body-language of the hedge-knights though ...

... hmm, it's _possible_ that they're also heading for the tournament and want to think out the competition.

Regardless, get the squires into a semblance of order, make sure I have Mya covered, and keep my bow subtly at the ready and start figuring out how to best support our masters given the terrain and our numbers, if this should turn sour.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:53 am

Brian Boru wrote:He smiles, "Several times."
"Mmm.... Heating stones in a fire, putting them in a pit, adding the boar, a layer of moss and bury it. The way that men cooked before even the first men. Only by throwing it on a fire can you get more in touch with the primal nature of man..."

Instant Silence.
"Didn't think so."

Duly noted and will fix in the future.
When making someone roll keep the probability in mine.

They almost all but fall over each other to get lost.  "Right away m'lord many of them sputter and scram.  You could sell tickets to see the look on Cersei's face.
Smart.

Either way you head on.  Soon you reach the main hall and there Sitting in the throne, with his Armor on, his hammer across his lap, and his crown on his head, is the mighty Robert Baratheon, King of the Andals, Firstmen, and Rhoynar, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms and protector of the realm.  His eyes crackle with the fury of Storms.
I stand where I'm bid without movement or flinching."

There by his side is the Venerable Jon Arryn, Hand of the King, Lord of the Eyrie, Lord Paramount of the Vale, and Warden of the East.  His eyes speak of the harsh wisdom of the Falcon.  Arround him are other members of the Small council, a plethora of Gold Cloaks who have been vetted and every Stormlander in King's Landing he could find.  A relatively fair amount actually.
Good. Glad to see we're secure.

Then the two are dropped to the floor at the feet of the throne.  Battered and beaten Golden lions of the west.  The male bashed beyond the ability to fight, the lioness, though helpless remains furious.  She begins another tirade demanding why they have been treated as such.
My hand moves to my hammer. I do not lift it but you can see my hand hovering over it. If I'm given the order I'll happily strike the bitch.

She's cut off by the mighty Stag of the Stormlands who bellows out, "SILENCE!"  A fury on his face not seen in a long time. He then turns to Jon Arryn and nods.  Jon opens a parchement and proclaims, Jaime and Cersei Lannister, you have been accused of treason to crown, adultery, incest, attempting to murder the king, and the intention of usurping the throne from house Baratheon."
Now I am fighting a smile.

His eyes bore into the two, "How do you face these charges?"

Cersei stares in horror for a moment, then she snarls and stands up, all in her naked glory and screams, "How DARE YOU, you old Buzzard!  You FAT FOOL!"  She then denies all of these charges and demands what proof do you have?
Now my fingers tighten. The ignorant bitch...

The Lannister boys are brought forward and tell their tail about what they tried to do and why.  Cersei all but assaults them and is stopped only just.  
If I'm the one who stops her, I simply whisper. "Do you value your life, woman?"

Then the book of the the houses of the Seven Kingdoms is presented and a list of Baratheons from days gone by is tolled.  All of them black of hair, even the seven marriages between house Baratheon and Lannister, 13 if you include the historical Durrendon, the black overpowered the gold.

The three children are presented, scared out of their wits but otherwise not even a hair out of place.  All of them golden of hair and the eldest is a small replica of his supposed 'uncle.'
I give the little ones a sad look, and I lock eyes with Joffery for a moment and again fight the urge to smirk.

Cersei then demands a proper trial one where the lords Paramount are brought to judge a fair trial.

Jon shakes his head, "With such foul accusations this MUST be dealt with as swiftly as possible lest the realm fall into chaos and war."

Cersei's eyes widen and she then demands trial by combat for both her and her brother.  When Jon asks, "And who will be your Champion?"

Cersei's eyes widen for a moment and she looks to the all but insensate Jaime with hopelessness and disgust then a thought seems to come to her mind.  "Ser Gregor Clegane!"

Clegane IS still in the city at the moment.

Then Jon Arryn says, "Who will Champion the King?"

There is dead silence for a moment, even Robert looks like he's more than a little apprehensive but he steels himself and makes to move....
"I'll do it. And when I kill the bastard I'll send his severed head to Doran Martell as a peace offering."

I then ask to humbly borrow the king's hammer. I want to go into this with two weapons. One to make openings and deflect attacks, the other to exploit them and target weaknesses.

I want to go hard, fast, and without hesitation or mercy. I am going to kill him. My first target will be his sword arm hand or wrist, unless a more convenient one opens up...

I'm not going to win this taking my time. He's stronger, tougher, and more experienced. What I have is speed, talent, and the fact that while he's stronger and tougher he's not THAT much more and he's not really used to fighting people he can't simply overpower. If I get him before he can get into the flow of battle, it's my fight. But there will be no mercy.

Psyckosama carried out 1 launched of one d100 :

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:11 am

Rieverre wrote:Time to go, then. Bit of a pity, though, as it was a fun conversation ... admittedly, I did paint myself as somewhat offputting in its course.

"Stay safe, you two."
We will

... that does not look well at all. Dammit.

I'll let the knights of our group do the talking - politeness demands it, for one, and get the squires somewhat organized. I can just smell the conflict on the air, even if I can't recall offhand what the cause for that conflict would be. The body-language of the hedge-knights though ...

... hmm, it's _possible_ that they're also heading for the tournament and want to think out the competition.

Regardless, get the squires into a semblance of order, make sure I have Mya covered, and keep my bow subtly at the ready and start figuring out how to best support our masters given the terrain and our numbers, if this should turn sour.
The proper knights get at least their chest plates or hauberks on as quickly as they can as well as their helmets. Then they ride towards the hedge knights as calmly as possible. When they get within 50 yards the horses of the hedgeknights are suddenly kicked into a gallop.

Psyckosama wrote:"Mmm.... Heating stones in a fire, putting them in a pit, adding the boar, a layer of moss and bury it. The way that men cooked before even the first men. Only by throwing it on a fire can you get more in touch with the primal nature of man..."
"That and it just tastes good."

When making someone roll keep the probability in mine.
Alright

I stand where I'm bid without movement or flinching."
His eyes flick to you in acknowledgement then flick back.

My hand moves to my hammer. I do not lift it but you can see my hand hovering over it. If I'm given the order I'll happily strike the bitch.
She doesn't notice.

If I'm the one who stops her, I simply whisper. "Do you value your life, woman?"
You aren't unfortunately.

I give the little ones a sad look, and I lock eyes with Joffery for a moment and again fight the urge to smirk.
He's just as lost as the others.

"I'll do it. And when I kill the bastard I'll send his severed head to Doran Martell as a peace offering."
The entire room stares at you for a moment until Jon Arryn Recovers and says, "Eddard Stone, Natural Son of King Robert Baratheon, shall act as his champion."

I then ask to humbly borrow the king's hammer. I want to go into this with two weapons. One to make openings and deflect attacks, the other to exploit them and target weaknesses.
The hammer is brought and when you pull out the other and spin them like batons, the tone of the mutters in the room seem to change from that of worry for you...to wonder.

I want to go hard, fast, and without hesitation or mercy. I am going to kill him. My first target will be his sword arm hand or wrist, unless a more convenient one opens up...

I'm not going to win this taking my time. He's stronger, tougher, and more experienced. What I have is speed, talent, and the fact that while he's stronger and tougher he's not THAT much more and he's not really used to fighting people he can't simply overpower. If I get him before he can get into the flow of battle, it's my fight. But there will be no mercy.

It's only a short while before Gregor Clegane comes, in his full combat armor, he seems almost gigantic in nature and towers over you. His shoulders are freakishly broad, his arms thicker than many men's torso and he wield that gigantic claymore like sword one handed like a knife.

The names of the two combatants are announced again and the king roars, "Fight!" The two of you approach each other. Gregor, with his longer reach, swings out with his sword which you parry with your hammer but before you can follow through, his shield turns the blow. Then there is what many call some of the most incredible back and forth slugging ever seen in a duel. Two titans of incredible power battling it out. Then a minute into this brutality, Gregor makes a mistake, his shield is too slow and Robert's current hammer slams into his wrist, breaking the bones of the brute. He roars in pain then drops the shield and switches hands with his sword. He continues the fight until he over extends himself and you then slam you hammer into his head, knocking the man insensate, he goes down like a giant tree finally blown over by a storm. As he struggles to get back up, you start slamming your hammers into him at a rate that nearly boggles the spectators' minds. Blow after blow rains down on the giant until you hear at the edge of hearing "..op...STOP! STOP!" Robert calls the fight. When you return to your senses you see that Gregor's armor is utter demolished and the man is long battered into a near boneless pulp.

The gods have favored you and Cersei and her brother are charged with their crimes. Their children stripped of the name Baratheon and instead given the name Water.

There is a moment of silence to see if you're ready to act human again for this next part. Anything to say to them?
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:23 am

Brian Boru wrote:The proper knights get at least their chest plates or hauberks on as quickly as they can as well as their helmets.  Then they ride towards the hedge knights as calmly as possible.  When they get within 50 yards the horses of the hedgeknights are suddenly kicked into a gallop.
If the hedge-knights have weapons drawn and raised as they gallop, or once weapons _are_ drawn ... I shoot their horses. Much as this is a terrible waste of a good animal. Also, if I've managed to get the squires into a semblance of order, then we're somewhat on the flank, making clear shots easier. Prioritize the ones at the head, hope dead horses do something to slow the charge.

If combat happens, and if battle is joined by the knights, I'll further organize the squires to hit the hedge knights' rear or flank, as they're engaging our masters' forces.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:23 am

Brian Boru wrote:"That and it just tastes good."
"Especially with some wild herbs and greens."

His eyes flick to you in acknowledgement then flick back.
I smile slightly.

He's just as lost as the others.
I actually pity the kid for a moment. Then I remember what he would have done and murder those feelings.

The entire room stares at you for a moment until Jon Arryn Recovers and says, "Eddard Stone, Natural Son of King Robert Baratheon, shall act as his champion."
I smile and kneel in front of my father to get the hammer.

The hammer is brought and when you pull out the other and spin them like batons, the tone of the mutters in the room seem to change from that of worry for you...to wonder.
I smirk.

It's only a short while before Gregor Clegane comes, in his full combat armor, he seems almost gigantic in nature and towers over you.  His shoulders are freakishly broad, his arms thicker than many men's torso and he wield that gigantic claymore like sword one handed like a knife.
The bigger they are...

The names of the two combatants are announced again and the king roars, "Fight!"  The two of you approach each other.  Gregor, with his longer reach, swings out with his sword which you parry with your hammer but before you can follow through, his shield turns the blow.  Then there is what many call some of the most incredible back and forth slugging ever seen in a duel.  Two titans of incredible power battling it out.  Then a minute into this brutality, Gregor makes a mistake, his shield is too slow and Robert's current hammer slams into his wrist, breaking the bones of the brute.  He roars in pain then drops the shield and switches hands with his sword.  He continues the fight until he over extends himself and you then slam you hammer into his head, knocking the man insensate, he goes down like a giant tree finally blown over by a storm.  As he struggles to get back up, you start slamming your hammers into him at a rate that nearly boggles the spectators' minds.  Blow after blow rains down on the giant until you hear at the edge of hearing "..op...STOP!  STOP!"  Robert calls the fight.  When you return to your senses you see that Gregor's armor is utter demolished and the man is long battered into a near boneless pulp.
...The harder they fall.

I hope there's enough left to send South.

The gods have favored you and Cersei and her brother are charged with their crimes.
Good.

Their children stripped of the name Baratheon and instead given the name Water.
I flinch at this. I know its what must be done but it still is painful.

There is a moment of silence to see if you're ready to act human again for this next part.  Anything to say to them?
I step to the throne, kneel, and lift the hammer and present it to the king. "This weapon served you well today, your majesty. It was my honor to wield it in your name."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:13 am

Rieverre wrote:If the hedge-knights have weapons drawn and raised as they gallop, or once weapons _are_ drawn ... I shoot their horses. Much as this is a terrible waste of a good animal. Also, if I've managed to get the squires into a semblance of order, then we're somewhat on the flank, making clear shots easier. Prioritize the ones at the head, hope dead horses do something to slow the charge.

If combat happens, and if battle is joined by the knights, I'll further organize the squires to hit the hedge knights' rear or flank, as they're engaging our masters' forces.
Horse soon start being knocked down form your masterful shot. By the time you run out the Reachmen lose 11 of their men and have lost their momentum, allowing the 10 Valemen knights to hit into them like a hammer.

Seeing that they're still grossly out numbered, you galvanize the other squires to fight as well, who quickly follow you and slam into the right side of the Reachmen and with you at the front, you bite deep. Several more knights, fall to your blade and club before you see who you think is the leader of this band. At the same time you see your master beset by 2 different Reachmen and he is struggling to resist.

Psyckosama wrote:I smile and kneel in front of my father to get the hammer.
He gives it to you with perfect pomp and circumstance.

The bigger they are...
The harder they hit.Twisted Evil 

...The harder they fall.
Or that...

I hope there's enough left to send South.
His skull's intact.

I flinch at this. I know its what must be done but it still is painful.
Had to be done.

I step to the throne, kneel, and lift the hammer and present it to the king. "This weapon served you well today, your majesty. It was my honor to wield it in your name."
He takes it back, "You did it great honor."

Arryn then takes another parchment out and is about to speak when Robert stops him with a raised hand and takes the scroll himself. He then announces. "From this day forth Eddard Stone, my natural born son, shall be legitimized as a true-born scion of house Baratheon, and as my wife gave me no sons of my own. Eddard Baratheon, shall this day forth be known as Prince Eddard Baratheon, heir to the Iron Throne and receive all the privileges and responsibilities that title bears."

He then turns to crowd, "May I present my Son Eddard Baratheon of House Baratheon, Crown Prince to the Iron Throne."

The crowd quickly begins cheering for you, the echos of their voices almost making the room shake. Is there anything you wish to do or say?
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:30 am

Brian Boru wrote:He gives it to you with perfect pomp and circumstance.
And I accept it humbly

The harder they hit.Twisted Evil 
Get hit...

Or that...
Yep.

His skull's intact.
After the battle and when there are less people around, I get approval from father then order them to "Flesh it and gild it."

Had to be done.
I know. Still, having worked so hard to get my name it hurts to take it away from others.

He takes it back, "You did it great honor."
"Thank you, my liege."

Arryn then takes another parchment out and is about to speak when Robert stops him with a raised hand and takes the scroll himself.  He then announces. "From this day forth Eddard Stone, my natural born son, shall be legitimized as a true-born scion of house Baratheon, and as my wife gave me no sons of my own.  Eddard Baratheon, shall this day forth be known as Prince Eddard Baratheon, heir to the Iron Throne and receive all the privileges and responsibilities that title bears."
Even though I knew it was coming I all but stumble at the proclamation. Its just so... real.

He then turns to crowd, "May I present my Son Eddard Baratheon of House Baratheon, Crown Prince to the Iron Throne."

The crowd quickly begins cheering for you, the echos of their voices almost making the room shake.  Is there anything you wish to do or say?
"When I came to King's Landing I did so with a simple dream. I wanted to impress my father enough that he'd see me as his son. But then as they often do, things became complicated. There will be those who call usurper, but the truth is that I never wanted a throne, I only wanted a father. But the gods rarely consult us on our desires and instead give us what they deem to be fit. And so I am heir, and I shall do my best to honor my name and my family, to protect the realm and serve the people of Westeros, for with great power comes great responsibility."

In passing (and in private) later on I want to bring up Dragonstone.

Traditionally it was the holding of the Royal Heir and I believe for good reason. Not only did it give him the experience ruling but it gave the crown their own holdings just in case things became complicated. Now that he has a male heir who is an adult he might want to consider giving Stannis what he's always wanted... Storm's End.

As for renly... probably needs to be handled carefully, but he's still Stannis's heir and this way he's free to go to High Garden and spend the rest of his days buggering his squire in peace.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:37 am

Brian Boru wrote:Horse soon start being knocked down form your masterful shot.  By the time you run out the Reachmen lose 11 of their men and have lost their momentum, allowing the 10 Valemen knights to hit into them like a hammer.

Seeing that they're still grossly out numbered, you galvanize the other squires to fight as well, who quickly follow you and slam into the right side of the Reachmen and with you at the front, you bite deep.  Several more knights, fall to your blade and club before you see who you think is the leader of this band.  At the same time you see your master beset by 2 different Reachmen and he is struggling to resist.
I direct my horse at the closer of those two Reachmen, quickly sending a thrown knife or two - finally making a use of those I picked up weeks ago when we were about to ride about the tribals - at his back and his horse's flank. Master Martyn should have it from there, and even if not, the squires at my back ought to make short work of his one downed and the other preoccupied opponent.

Once that's done, I'll move to engage the Reachman who I've identified as the leader, ideally coming alongside in the melee and knocking him off his mount and/or following up until he's unconscious.

If he runs, I'll flick a knife in his horse's direction before spurring my own mount towards the horses (and hedge knights) I'd killed with my bow, leaning down to pluck one of the still-intact arrows from their targets, and send that at him/his horse.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:43 pm

Psyckosama wrote:Get hit...
Or that.

After the battle and when there are less people around, I get approval from father then order them to "Flesh it and gild it."
He gives a look, then nods, "Alright, though what do you want to do with it?"

I know. Still, having worked so hard to get my name it hurts to take it away from others.
They never really had any right to it.

Even though I knew it was coming I all but stumble at the proclamation. Its just so... real.
Heh heh true.

"When I came to King's Landing I did so with a simple dream. I wanted to impress my father enough that he'd see me as his son. But then as they often do, things became complicated. There will be those who call usurper, but the truth is that I never wanted a throne, I only wanted a father. But the gods rarely consult us on our desires and instead give us what they deem to be fit. And so I am heir, and I shall do my best to honor my name and my family, to protect the realm and serve the people of Westeros, for with great power comes great responsibility."
Many folk, even the ones who AREN'T ass-kissing hanger on courtiers begin to applaud at this. Seems that they very might well someday have the king they've been needing since the death of Jaehaerys II almost a lifetime ago

In passing (and in private) later on I want to bring up Dragonstone.

Traditionally it was the holding of the Royal Heir and I believe for good reason. Not only did it give him the experience ruling but it gave the crown their own holdings just in case things became complicated. Now that he has a male heir who is an adult he might want to consider giving Stannis what he's always wanted... Storm's End.

As for renly... probably needs to be handled carefully, but he's still Stannis's heir and this way he's free to go to High Garden and spend the rest of his days buggering his squire in peace.
The others are quiet for a while but the Idea does sound good and Stannis seems to look at you in a new light. As for Renly...they could give him the Stewardship of Summerhall. He'd be closer to the Reach and the place DOES need to be put back together.

Rieverre wrote:I direct my horse at the closer of those two Reachmen, quickly sending a thrown knife or two - finally making a use of those I picked up weeks ago when we were about to ride about the tribals - at his back and his horse's flank. Master Martyn should have it from there, and even if not, the squires at my back ought to make short work of his one downed and the other preoccupied opponent.
Your first knife bites into the back of the neck of the first man and he drops dead from his horse. While Ser Martyn deals with the other.

Once that's done, I'll move to engage the Reachman who I've identified as the leader, ideally coming alongside in the melee and knocking him off his mount and/or following up until he's unconscious.
You rush towards the leader who roars a challenge and charges for you as well. The two of you exchange blows for about a minute then the other man makes a mistake and you drive your sword through his throat. When he drops the survivors of the band run for the hills. You lost 3 knights and 4 squires but there are only about 5 surviving Reachmen who are riding like the hounds of hell are after them. When your companions realize they've won, they roar a cheer which quickly is in favor of your actions. Martyn then looks at you with amazement in his eyes. "Kneel lad", and he draws his sword.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:12 pm

Brian Boru wrote:You rush towards the leader who roars a challenge and charges for you as well.  The two of you exchange blows for about a minute then the other man makes a mistake and you drive your sword through his throat.  When he drops the survivors of the band run for the hills.  You lost 3 knights and 4 squires but there are only about 5 surviving Reachmen who are riding like the hounds of hell are after them.
If I can recover any arrows easily, I'll send them some farewell gifts as they do so.

... and the first thing after, I look around for Mya. If she's fine, I breathe a sigh of relief, and have the other squires go check on the Reachmen who had been downed, my voice crisp and instructing them to put any still alive under guard. Knock them out if necessary. We're going to want to have a talk with them.

When your companions realize they've won, they roar a cheer which quickly is in favor of your actions.  Martyn then looks at you with amazement in his eyes.  "Kneel lad", and he draws his sword.
I assume he means to swear me in, but I have to interrupt. "Ser Martyn, please, a moment."

Then I go to check our casualties. Are any still alive? If so, I'm hoping what I learned with Anna will let me do _something_ for them, at least. I'd have enough clean cloth and spirits in my saddlebags for a respectable amount of bandages, and I'll immediately ask if any of the other knights or squires had brought and herbs or remedies of their own as I see to our fallen.

Only after I've done that, and all I can do for our side's casualties, am I going to be willing to consider anything else.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:21 pm

Brian Boru wrote:Or that.
Yep.

He gives a look, then nods, "Alright, though what do you want to do with it?"
"Send it to Doran Martel in a velvet lined hardwood box..."

I pause for a moment. "What else would I do with it? I'm sure as hell not going to keep it around..."

I shutter at the thought.

They never really had any right to it.
They're children. They're not going to understand that. All they know is that their world has been taken out from under them.

Heh heh true.
Yeah. And it probably makes for a good show.

Many folk, even the ones who AREN'T ass-kissing hanger on courtiers begin to applaud at this.  Seems that they very might well someday have the king they've been needing since the death of Jaehaerys II almost a lifetime ago
No promises, but gods know I'll try.

The others are quiet for a while but the Idea does sound good and Stannis seems to look at you in a new light.
A good one I hope. He deserves Storms End.

And really, we have the perfect excuse. Dragonstone is the traditional holding of the royal heir. Until now he was the only adult male heir to the Iron Throne. As I am a Knight and thus considered of majority, my claim to its rules now supersedes his, thus according to the lines of succession he reverts to the rightful ruler ship of Storm's End.

As for Renly...they could give him the Stewardship of Summerhall.  He'd be closer to the Reach and the place DOES need to be put back together.
That's their decision to make, but consider how much he seems to loathe Storms End, it'll probably be for the best... just please don't mention to him this was my idea.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:41 am

Rieverre wrote:If I can recover any arrows easily, I'll send them some farewell gifts as they do so.
You manage to find a few of them, but by the time you manage to nock them back the group has already ridden over the horizon.

... and the first thing after, I look around for Mya. If she's fine, I breathe a sigh of relief, and have the other squires go check on the Reachmen who had been downed, my voice crisp and instructing them to put any still alive under guard. Knock them out if necessary. We're going to want to have a talk with them.
Only a few are still alive at this point. Most were either killed in the fighting or crushed by their mounts when their horses were shot out from under them. But the squires do so without a word.

I assume he means to swear me in, but I have to interrupt. "Ser Martyn, please, a moment."
He blinks for a moment then when he sees what you're doing he nods though he does joke, "Should have been a Maester lad."

Then I go to check our casualties. Are any still alive? If so, I'm hoping what I learned with Anna will let me do _something_ for them, at least. I'd have enough clean cloth and spirits in my saddlebags for a respectable amount of bandages,  and I'll immediately ask if any of the other knights or squires had brought and herbs or remedies of their own as I see to our fallen.

Only after I've done that, and all I can do for our side's casualties, am I going to be willing to consider anything else.
You get most of them patched up though a Knight and 2 squires will never get back up.

Then once that's done Ser Martyn asks again, "You ready now lad?"

Psyckosama wrote:"Send it to Doran Martel in a velvet lined hardwood box..."

I pause for a moment. "What else would I do with it? I'm sure as hell not going to keep it around..."

I shutter at the thought.
Both of them look a little confused for a moment then nod. "Alright but make sure that the rest of Ser Gregor's bones are returned for burial." Jon remarks.

They're children. They're not going to understand that. All they know is that their world has been taken out from under them.
I'm sure something will be found for them....

No promises, but gods know I'll try.
Indeed.

A good one I hope. He deserves Storms End.

And really, we have the perfect excuse. Dragonstone is the traditional holding of the royal heir. Until now he was the only adult male heir to the Iron Throne. As I am a Knight and thus considered of majority, my claim to its rules now supersedes his, thus according to the lines of succession he reverts to the rightful ruler ship of Storm's End.
Though it might be wise to have you NOT go to Dragonstone for a while, they'll need you in court so people can see the new heir for themselves. In fact...it might be a could idea for the King to tour the Seven Kingdoms at some point so that EVERYONE can see you and you can interact with the others. It'll also give you a chance to meet and greet potential brides and see if there are any of them you like.

That's their decision to make, but consider how much he seems to loathe Storms End, it'll probably be for the best... just please don't mention to him this was my idea.
They won't breath a word though the paper work and wheeling and dealing will take a while. For now, you can go sleep you've had one hell of a day.

For the next week Jon works himself to the damn-near-bones preparing to deal with this huge shake up. The first message is from house Florent. In-laws of Stannis. They offer the crown their support against any Lannister reprisals...but they aren't exactly...tickled...about how Edric Storm, the bastard son of Robert and Selyse's MUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCHHHHHH! pretier cousin is ignored for you, even IF both of you are bastards. Jon mutters something about how none of the Florents wanted anything to do with the child and even his own mother hasn't seen him in years, already married off to a household knight of house Florent and has another son. That's quickly waived away since you've already proved yourself an able fighter and little Edric is only eight. Any comments?

Other ravens come in as well most hearing the news and offering their support to the Crown and the new heir.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 34 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 21 ... 34  Next