Giant Stompy Robots
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus!

+2
Psyckosama
Brian Boru
6 posters

Page 8 of 34 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 21 ... 34  Next

Go down

Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus! - Page 8 Empty Re: Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus!

Post by Psyckosama Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:49 am

Brian Boru wrote:A few men laugh breathily.
*WAM!*

"AND STAY DEAD!"

"They tried to have the king killed what else is there to it boy?"
"At the moment they're worth more as hostages than as martyrs for Tywin's overly inflated sense of pride. Westeros doesn't need another war. At least not yet."

"My father would never stand for it.  If my cousins and my sister were punished my father would do what he could to retain the family honor."
"They will be punished. The king cannot look weak, but the question is how to punish them without him being able to react," I frown, "Though honestly, you'd think the author of the The Rains of Castamere would know better."

I look tired but give Tyrion an affectionate look.

"Aye, almost losing another I was sworn to protect was daunting."
I smile. "It's why we have friends, Ser. To share our burdens."

More than a little freaked out.
She gets a hug.

The squires are tied up and the boar is prepared for the carrying back to the keep.  Robert wakes up a few hours later his head aching.  He demands someone tell him what the hell happened and where are Lancel and the other one?
I get his word he will not kill them outright, then say, "They were ordered by your wife to put Milk of Poppy in your wine. In the middle of a Boar hunt. We have two little morons who played pawn in what seems to be an ill planned assassination attempt. An attempt that almost worked."

When you ask him to speak with him he nods and says, "Alright boy speak your piece."
"I'll admit I had these suspicions since the moment I saw the royal family, but before I speak I need your oath that you will spare the little ones..."

If he does it I mention the "research" I'd done... I suspect his True Born children are neither his nor are they true born.

And admit my suspicions makes sense in context with her irrational hatred of his bastards. She's protecting her own bastards. While this is just speculation, she will have to be questioned... and its ones worth asking.

Psyckosama
Admin

https://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus! - Page 8 Empty Re: Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus!

Post by Brian Boru Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:07 am

Psyckosama wrote:*WAM!*

"AND STAY DEAD!"
Its dead Jim.

"At the moment they're worth more as hostages than as martyrs for Tywin's overly inflated sense of pride. Westeros doesn't need another war. At least not yet."
"No but there MUST be a reckoning."

"They will be punished. The king cannot look weak, but the question is how to punish them without him being able to react," I frown, "Though honestly, you'd think the author of the The Rains of Castamere would know better."

I look tired but give Tyrion an affectionate look.
"Well he didn't exactly write that song but I get your meaning lad."

I smile. "It's why we have friends, Ser. To share our burdens."
"You have my thanks lad for saving my King."

She gets a hug.
It helps a bit.

I get his word he will not kill them outright, then say, "They were ordered by your wife to put Milk of Poppy in your wine. In the middle of a Boar hunt. We have two little morons who played pawn in what seems to be an ill planned assassination attempt. An attempt that almost worked."
He almost did get up right there to smash their skulls in, but his head stops him cold and he lays back down. "That hell-bitch. I'll kill her first chance I get."

"I'll admit I had these suspicions since the moment I saw the royal family, but before I speak I need your oath that you will spare the little ones..."
He raises an eyebrow at that. "What little ones?"

If he does it I mention the "research" I'd done... I suspect his True Born children are neither his nor are they true born.

And admit my suspicions makes sense in context with her irrational hatred of his bastards. She's protecting her own bastards. While this is just speculation, she will have to be questioned... and its ones worth asking.
He goes completely still for a moment, trying to piece together what it was you said, then his eyes widen for a moment. Then his face turns pale and he shakes, his hands clench so tightly that his nails draw blood from his palms. "I should have know..." He spits, "Was right infront of me for all these years....and those two were laughing behind my back the entire time...I'll kill them...I'll kill the both of them....that brother-fucking whore....that smirking oathbreaker....I'll Kill Them ....BOTH!" And with that he surges up, lurching from the pain in his head and makes for a horse. You're going to need to stop him.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:23 am

Brian Boru wrote:Its dead Jim.
I know... but I seem pleased with this.

"No but there MUST be a reckoning."
"There will be, that is something that will need to be planned and carefully enacted."

"Well he didn't exactly write that song but I get your meaning lad."
"Aye, it was more the spirit of the song than the song itself."

"You have my thanks lad for saving my King."
"And you have my thanks for protecting my father for as long as you have. We're even."

It helps a bit.
Good.

He almost did get up right there to smash their skulls in, but his head stops him cold and he lays back down.  "That hell-bitch.  I'll kill her first chance I get."
"Don't. Death can be a kindness. There are things worse than death."

He raises an eyebrow at that. "What little ones?"
I name the two royal youngest.

He goes completely still for a moment, trying to piece together what it was you said, then his eyes widen for a moment.  Then his face turns pale and he shakes, his hands clench so tightly that his nails draw blood from his palms.  "I should have know..."  He spits, "Was right infront of me for all these years....and those two were laughing behind my back the entire time...I'll kill them...I'll kill the both of them....that brother-fucking whore....that smirking oathbreaker....I'll Kill Them ....BOTH!"  And with that he surges up, lurching from the pain in his head and makes for a horse.  You're going to need to stop him.
I grab him and stop him.

"STOP!" I grab him and hold him still with a lock around his arms, "Do not do this rashly. Destroy them, yes. They must be punished but while you have every right as a man to end them both in the most hideous manner nature allows, you are a KING FIRST!"

I spin him around and look him in the eyes. "Think of the kingdom. You kill them and the Westerlands will rise. Use this against them, against Tywin Lannister. They are worth more as hostages. Send them to the dungeons, and keep them as a torphey. As long as you have his children, Tywin will never rise. And you will be the one laughing. Especially when you, as part of your punitive measures for this travesty annul all debts to the Lannister house and place a substantial royal tax on his gold mining operations."

AKA: The source of his great wealth.... he does own the only goldmine in the realm.

I smile. "And then father, you will be the one who is laughing."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:39 am

Brian Boru wrote:She eventually gets the concept, though it takes her several hours before she latches on completely.  By that time you need to head out for your regular chores.  Several hours seems to be your limit for a single session.
That's alright. Forcing these things is counterproductive, and if nothing else, we should take the time to do it right.

"I'm also not stupid enough to murder someone with my poultices or potions.  It'd go against everything I learned in the healing arts."

She glares at you a bit.
I respond to the glare with a level look, then bow my head in acknowledgement. "Then I suppose you live up to your reputation. That's a relief."

She shows you the stuff, a dark brown stuff that smells of garlic for some reason though she says there isn't really any in it.
I'm assuming I didn't find any of that while rifling through the guy's things?

Yes he does smell of it, though it's less he was drinking at the time and more he's a regular drinker.

She decides to come with you the sergeant at the nearest guard house owes her a favor so her word and the poultice should be proof enough to get her attacker put away for a while.

If you agree with her coming with you she asks you as you walk along why you were in her shop, you look a bit young for needing her expertise?
"I'm an early bloomer?" I remark wryly, as I drag the insensate bugger along and hope he doesn't puke all over my back. "Given who my father is, I suppose the drive towards _that_ is something I come by as honestly as any byblow can claim to."

Then I laugh. "Well, alright, it's more that I believe in being prepared. I'm a squire. Given recent events it's fair to say I'll be seeing some fairly horrific injuries throughout my life. I'd like to know more about how one should go about tending to those. Then there's the fact that I'm a bastard of that particular ancestry, so being able to recognize actually dangerous concoctions seems like a skill conductive to long-term well-being. So I asked around for a herbalist worth their salt and got two names back. You're the one less likely to fleece me for everything I have if I ask for lessons."

Pause. "And to be entirely honest, it also seemed like a good idea to see about learning the lore if I want to avoid leaving sprogs everywhere when I want to indulge from time to time."
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:48 am

Psyckosama wrote:I know... but I seem pleased with this.
Heh heh

"There will be, that is something that will need to be planned and carefully enacted."
He grinds his teeth at the prospect of criminals waiting for their justice but he doesn't argue further.

"Don't. Death can be a kindness. There are things worse than death."
He gives you a look, "I didn't peg you for a torturer lad."

I grab him and stop him.
He makes a fight of it, your feet are off the ground a couple of times before he finally stops.

"STOP!" I grab him and hold him still with a lock around his arms, "Do not do this rashly. Destroy them, yes. They must be punished but while you have every right as a man to end them both in the most hideous manner nature allows, you are a KING FIRST!"
He still fights.

I spin him around and look him in the eyes. "Think of the kingdom. You kill them and the Westerlands will rise. Use this against them, against Tywin Lannister. They are worth more as hostages. Send them to the dungeons, and keep them as a torphey. As long as you have his children, Tywin will never rise. And you will be the one laughing. Especially when you, as part of your punitive measures for this travesty annul all debts to the Lannister house and place a substantial royal tax on his gold mining operations."

AKA: The source of his great wealth.... he does own the only goldmine in the realm.

I smile. "And then father, you will be the one who is laughing."
You have his attention but he still glances over towards the horses.

Rieverre wrote:That's alright. Forcing these things is counterproductive, and if nothing else, we should take the time to do it right.
Alright.

I respond to the glare with a level look, then bow my head in acknowledgement. "Then I suppose you live up to your reputation. That's a relief."
She snorts.

I'm assuming I didn't find any of that while rifling through the guy's things?
A small container but it looks like it was used only once.

"I'm an early bloomer?" I remark wryly, as I drag the insensate bugger along and hope he doesn't puke all over my back. "Given who my father is, I suppose the drive towards _that_ is something I come by as honestly as any byblow can claim to."
She snorts bemusedly.

Then I laugh. "Well, alright, it's more that I believe in being prepared. I'm a squire. Given recent events it's fair to say I'll be seeing some fairly horrific injuries throughout my life. I'd like to know more about how one should go about tending to those. Then there's the fact that I'm a bastard of that particular ancestry, so being able to recognize actually dangerous concoctions seems like a skill conductive to long-term well-being. So I asked around for a herbalist worth their salt and got two names back. You're the one less likely to fleece me for everything I have if I ask for lessons."

Pause. "And to be entirely honest, it also seemed like a good idea to see about learning the lore if I want to avoid leaving sprogs everywhere when I want to indulge from time to time."
She laughs a bit, then seems to think on it. "Alright lad, I'll show you some things you can use to keep your guts in. Just promise not to manhandle me like that again. I've had that happen too many times in my life. (HINT MOTHERFUCKING HINT!!!!!!!!!)"
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:02 am

Brian Boru wrote:He grinds his teeth at the prospect of criminals waiting for their justice but he doesn't argue further.
I sigh. God the man is obtuse.

He gives you a look, "I didn't peg you for a torturer lad."
"Who said torture?" I smile. "Sometimes the worst thing you can do is let a man live with nothing but the enormity of his own failures for companionship. They may soon long for the swift embrace of the headsman's axe. Death is an escape from self-loating."

He makes a fight of it, your feet are off the ground a couple of times before he finally stops.
He's tougher than he looks.

He still fights.
As do I.

You have his attention but he still glances over towards the horses.
I take a deep breath. "This is a chance to help correct some of the damage he did to the realm with his attack on King's Landing. Give the Martells the mountain. Give him the banner man who killed the princess. Void your debt to the main... and make it clear to everyone that you are the king and not just a puppet for some uppity bastard in Casterly Rock who marched only when the war was finished."

I take a deep breath. "You will have your revenge but if you spill their blood, the fields will soon run red. You show them mercy and you can instead prolong their suffering. What would hurt the queen more than taking everything from her... her wealth, her privilege, and her pride... and then let her live with what she's earned?"

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:13 am

Psyckosama wrote:I sigh. God the man is obtuse.
If it is the just thing he'll ram his skull through a adamantium wall.

"Who said torture?" I smile. "Sometimes the worst thing you can do is let a man live with nothing but the enormity of his own failures for companionship. They may soon long for the swift embrace of the headsman's axe. Death is an escape from self-loating."
He looks pensive..."go on..."

He's tougher than he looks.
He was able to swing that hammer one handed for a damn good reason.

I take a deep breath. "This is a chance to help correct some of the damage he did to the realm with his attack on King's Landing. Give the Martells the mountain. Give him the banner man who killed the princess. Void your debt to the main... and make it clear to everyone that you are the king and not just a puppet for some uppity bastard in Casterly Rock who marched only when the war was finished."
"He did kill those dragonspawn for me." Then he leans in, "Dragonspawn or no I had little desire to kill or give the order to kill ones so young."
"But if he hadn't then they would have become a threat, plenty would still prefer the sibling-fuckers back on the throne. Damn if I know why?"

"But on the other hand...I have wanted to put him to task about taking so long choosing sides, we could have used the Westerlands earlier in the fighting."

I take a deep breath. "You will have your revenge but if you spill their blood, the fields will soon run red. You show them mercy and you can instead prolong their suffering. What would hurt the queen more than taking everything from her... her wealth, her privilege, and her pride... and then let her live with what she's earned?"
The most feral and grisly grin you've ever seen on a human face spreads across his once the image you give him gets through. "Maybe you have a point there lad."
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:23 am

Brian Boru wrote:If it is the just thing he'll ram his skull through a adamantium wall.
Justice is a complicated subject that he likes to simplify.

He looks pensive..."go on..."
"Killing someone is fast and final. Justice I believe should be educational... in this case, I think they should be given ample time to meditate of the sheer magnitude of of their error within the confines of a prison cell."

He was able to swing that hammer one handed for a damn good reason.
Guess there's still some muscle under all that lard.

"He did kill those dragonspawn for me."  Then he leans in, "Dragonspawn or no I had little desire to kill or give the order to kill ones so young."
I look like I'm thinking something but say nothing.

"But if he hadn't then they would have become a threat, plenty would still prefer the sibling-fuckers back on the throne.  Damn if I know why?"
"Tradition. And there seems to be something about that throne that promotes siblings breeding. I mean look at what you married," I sigh, "I feel sorry for the children... well... the ones who aren't Joffery. I have the feeling that there is something seriously off about that boy."

"But on the other hand...I have wanted to put him to task about taking so long choosing sides, we could have used the Westerlands earlier in the fighting."
"Well, better late than never."

The most feral and grisly grin you've ever seen on a human face spreads across his once the image you give him gets through.  "Maybe you have a point there lad."
"Stick her in the tower and let her rot there the rest of her days in a sparsely furnished on the highest tower of the red keep that she may look out upon what she once ruled as queen and rage in impotent rage... as for Jamie. If you will allow me to be so bold, what you ought to have done 12 years ago and make him trade his cloak in for one of a darker hue."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:50 am

Psyckosama wrote:Justice is a complicated subject that he likes to simplify.
So long as you're able to point him in the proper direction he's one of the best damn men to ever have on your side.

"Killing someone is fast and final. Justice I believe should be educational... in this case, I think they should be given ample time to meditate of the sheer magnitude of of their error within the confines of a prison cell."
He looks pensive.

Guess there's still some muscle under all that lard.
There was still muscle under maximum lardness.

I look like I'm thinking something but say nothing.
He notes it but continues.

"Tradition. And there seems to be something about that throne that promotes siblings breeding. I mean look at what you married," I sigh, "I feel sorry for the children... well... the ones who aren't Joffery. I have the feeling that there is something seriously off about that boy."
He shudders and mentions the story about the pregnant cat. Then Tommen's pet fawn from right before the tournament that Joff killed and ate infront of him.

"Well, better late than never."
He grunts noncommittally.

"Stick her in the tower and let her rot there the rest of her days in a sparsely furnished on the highest tower of the red keep that she may look out upon what she once ruled as queen and rage in impotent rage... as for Jamie. If you will allow me to be so bold, what you ought to have done 12 years ago and make him trade his cloak in for one of a darker hue."
"I wanted to but his father had the city and the strongest army at the time and no one wanted another war on our hands. Should have just sent him to his father, maybe I could have avoided that bitch in the first place and they could have fucked each other to their hearts' delight off in fucking Casterly Rock."
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:42 am

Brian Boru wrote:So long as you're able to point him in the proper direction he's one of the best damn men to ever have on your side.
Very true. And I hope to do so.

He looks pensive.
"An eye for an eye and you'll soon run out of eyes... best avoid a cycle of violence because that will stop a greater injustice."

There was still muscle under maximum lardness.
He notes it but continues.
Okay.

He shudders and mentions the story about the pregnant cat.  Then Tommen's pet fawn from right before the tournament that Joff killed and ate infront of him.
From the sound of things he would have made the Mad King look like Aegon the Good.

He grunts noncommittally.
I give him a look.

"I wanted to but his father had the city and the strongest army at the time and no one wanted another war on our hands.  Should have just sent him to his father, maybe I could have avoided that bitch in the first place and they could have fucked each other to their hearts' delight off in fucking Casterly Rock."
"Well, maybe that would have been for the best. As is they're humiliated the hell out of you and the kingdom.

I smile like a shark and then cough. Robert would probably know this look from the mirror. I have an idea that is either brilliant or will get me beaten. :p

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:15 am

Psyckosama wrote:Very true. And I hope to do so.
Maybe you will, maybe you won't.

"An eye for an eye and you'll soon run out of eyes... best avoid a cycle of violence because that will stop a greater injustice."
Robert raises an eyebrow.

From the sound of things he would have made the Mad King look like Aegon the Good.
He mutters a curse.

I give him a look.
"What?"

"Well, maybe that would have been for the best. As is they're humiliated the hell out of you and the kingdom.

I smile like a shark and then cough. Robert would probably know this look from the mirror. I have an idea that is either brilliant or will get me beaten. :p
"Well lad out with it. I know that look, it's mine when I think I have something cunning."
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:34 am

Brian Boru wrote:Maybe you will, maybe you won't.
Indeed.

Robert raises an eyebrow.
I thought I was talking about this with Stannis.

He mutters a curse.
I sigh. "Well, there's one nipped in the bud. Maybe you need to make a law..."

"What?"
I shrug."

"Well lad out with it.  I know that look, it's mine when I think I have something cunning."
"Random stupid idea. Please don't hit me." I pause, "Let them both loose of their ties on the condition that their father pick up the royal debt. ALL of it... and that they are now due to their treason, banned from ever inheriting or even leaving the grounds of Casterly Rock on pain of death. But as a bone... legitimize their children. Maybe even throw the High Septum a purse so he'll marry them... the price of which will be added to the debt to be repaid. Then pass the law that the products of Brother-Sister incest cannot rule... making Tyrion the uncontested heir. You give them their cream, then piss in it while they're drinking it. I'm sure whatever Tywin would do to them would be far less swift than any tortures we could invent."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:08 am

Brian Boru wrote:Alright.
I'll try to keep it interesting for both of us, anyway, and eventually add whatever herbalism I learn to the list of things I'll want to try and teach her. Granted, this might make schedules rather full, fighting and all included, but it's sort of important. At least in my opinion. I'm willing to make time.

A small container but it looks like it was used only once.
"... and here I was mostly joking when I said he might have eaten it."

She laughs a bit, then seems to think on it.  "Alright lad, I'll show you some things you can use to keep your guts in.  Just promise not to manhandle me like that again.  I've had that happen too many times in my life.  (HINT MOTHERFUCKING HINT!!!!!!!!!)"
I nod at that, and momentarily consider rules-lawyering about the point before dismissing the desire. I know what she means. "I promise."

Well, I continuing on dragging then. I could try and defend my actions, but there'd be no point to it at this juncture, other than causing an unnecessary argument. Also, it would probably cause a discussion on price which I'm noticing she's not starting, so I'm taking it as a win.

And hey, the last time I was in a stressful situation, I ended up killing eleven people. This is still me being the soul of courtesy and moderation.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:43 am

Psyckosama wrote:I thought I was talking about this with Stannis.
....oops....

I sigh. "Well, there's one nipped in the bud. Maybe you need to make a law..."
"And what law should that be?"

"Random stupid idea. Please don't hit me." I pause, "Let them both loose of their ties on the condition that their father pick up the royal debt. ALL of it... and that they are now due to their treason, banned from ever inheriting or even leaving the grounds of Casterly Rock on pain of death. But as a bone... legitimize their children. Maybe even throw the High Septum a purse so he'll marry them... the price of which will be added to the debt to be repaid. Then pass the law that the products of Brother-Sister incest cannot rule... making Tyrion the uncontested heir. You give them their cream, then piss in it while they're drinking it. I'm sure whatever Tywin would do to them would be far less swift than any tortures we could invent."
He's silent for a while, then he grins, "Clever lad. Very clever." He claps you on the back, "You're already more of a king than that little Shite back in the Red Keep will ever be."

With that the party begins a ride back to king's landing. It'll be several days to get there anything you want to talk about on the trip?

Roll a d4

Rieverre wrote:I'll try to keep it interesting for both of us, anyway, and eventually add whatever herbalism I learn to the list of things I'll want to try and teach her. Granted, this might make schedules rather full, fighting and all included, but it's sort of important. At least in my opinion. I'm willing to make time.
Alright

"... and here I was mostly joking when I said he might have eaten it."
"He would have sorely regretted it." Anna remarks.

I nod at that, and momentarily consider rules-lawyering about the point before dismissing the desire. I know what she means. "I promise."
She smiles and seems to be a bit more positive in her demeanor.

Well, I continuing on dragging then. I could try and defend my actions, but there'd be no point to it at this juncture, other than causing an unnecessary argument. Also, it would probably cause a discussion on price which I'm noticing she's not starting, so I'm taking it as a win.

And hey, the last time I was in a stressful situation, I ended up killing eleven people. This is still me being the soul of courtesy and moderation.
You take the thug to the guard house, the Sergeant takes one look at her and he simply nods and takes the bastard off your hands.

The two of you walk back to the Apothecary. She then turns to you and says, "Thank you again, you said that you wished to learn? Very well then, in payment for saving me, I'll teach you what I can in saving yourself on a battlefield. It shouldn't take more than a few weeks if you come in every other day. How soon do you wish to start?"
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:14 am

Brian Boru wrote:....oops....
"And what law should that be?"
"An incest law banning the product of siblings mating from holding authority... due to numerous examples that such relationships have a nasty tendency to produce... unstable individuals."

I smile. "And it also disqualifies the Begger King from Inheriting due to the perversion of his birth."

I sigh and look over. "I've heard stories. I honestly pity his sister."

He's silent for a while, then he grins, "Clever lad.  Very clever."  He claps you on the back, "You're already more of a king than that little Shite back in the Red Keep will ever be."
I go agape for a second but do not comment.

Already more of a king?

With that the party begins a ride back to king's landing.  It'll be several days to get there anything you want to talk about on the trip?
General get to know him.

One thing I do beg for is mercy for the little ones. I have a strong concern for the wellbeing of the innocent.

Roll a d4
Psyckosama carried out 1 launched of one d4 :

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:19 am

Brian Boru wrote:You take the thug to the guard house, the Sergeant takes one look at her and he simply nods and takes the bastard off your hands.  

The two of you walk back to the Apothecary.  She then turns to you and says, "Thank you again, you said that you wished to learn?  Very well then, in payment for saving me, I'll teach you what I can in saving yourself on a battlefield.  It shouldn't take more than a few weeks if you come in every other day.  How soon do you wish to start?"
"As soon as possible. Unless you'd prefer to hold off?"

Well, regardless, I'll be an attentive and diligent pupil and try to arrange my schedule so I can get the most of it while not neglecting my other obligations. If I have a day where I've not got much of anything planned, I'll show up and spend most of it learning/helping out at the Apothecary. This is stuff that could and probably will save a life at some point, likely even mine, so the least I can do is give it all the focus I can. Plus, I keep an eye and ear out for whatever else is being done, trying to absorb as much knowledge as I can, by osmosis if necessary.

Further, I try to be polite and helpful for a variety of reasons, among them being the fact that if I am, I could possibly eke out extra lessons. But mostly because it seems like the right way to approach this whole thing.

Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:50 pm

Psyckosama wrote:"An incest law banning the product of siblings mating from holding authority... due to numerous examples that such relationships have a nasty tendency to produce... unstable individuals."
He snorts, "That's an understatement if I ever heard one."

I smile. "And it also disqualifies the Begger King from Inheriting due to the perversion of his birth."
"Though plenty wouldn't care if such a law existed, they want those Dragonspawn back and me dead."

I sigh and look over. "I've heard stories. I honestly pity his sister."
He doesn't seem to have much in him. Remember EVERY NIGHT HE KILLS RHAEGAR AGAIN AND IN DIFFERENT WAYS! THIS IS NOT AN EXAGGERATION!!!!!!

I go agape for a second but do not comment.

Already more of a king?
He notices the jaw drop and asks what the matter is?

General get to know him.

One thing I do beg for is mercy for the little ones. I have a strong concern for the wellbeing of the innocent.
He agrees to not killing them. Joffrey....that's another matter entirely.

You return to King's Landing with all the fanfare as normal though the downcast look of the Lannister Squires is noted by some in the Keep. When you return to the Keep itself you're told that the children have all come down with some minor illness, apparently caught by all the extra bodies in the city for the Tourney, nothing serious but very catchy. The Queen has been worried sick about them and has been cloistering herself.

Robert then goes to find Jon Arryn and Renly, the little fop should be around here somewhere. He also asks that Stannis come along, he does so because Stannis says that he'd has suspicions about the Lannister twins since Tommen was born. But hadn't talked about it with anyone until he had more proof, though he HAD planned to talk with Jon Arryn about it soon as the man was more subtle than he was. The sheer enormity of that understatement has you, Robert, and even Barristan laughing.

Should Renly be involved with this? He IS a Baratheon and is the lord of Storm's End.

Rieverre wrote:"As soon as possible. Unless you'd prefer to hold off?"
"No sooner begun, sooner done."

Well, regardless, I'll be an attentive and diligent pupil and try to arrange my schedule so I can get the most of it while not neglecting my other obligations. If I have a day where I've not got much of anything planned, I'll show up and spend most of it learning/helping out at the Apothecary. This is stuff that could and probably will save a life at some point, likely even mine, so the least I can do is give it all the focus I can. Plus, I keep an eye and ear out for whatever else is being done, trying to absorb as much knowledge as I can, by osmosis if necessary.

Further, I try to be polite and helpful for a variety of reasons, among them being the fact that if I am, I could possibly eke out extra lessons. But mostly because it seems like the right way to approach this whole thing.
Between your regular chores, the library visits, and the lessons with Anna, your schedule is EXTREMELY full up. You go to bed every night tired but feeling that you've accomplished something. When you visit Anna's shop you often interact with Hennah, Anna's daughter, after your first gruff appearance, she's seemed to warm up to you and is often seen watching you learn from her mother. Anna notices this and looks between the two of you, giving her daughter exasperated looks and (venemous looks if you respond to Hennah).

Either way a month goes by and you've learned most everything a soldier could immediately use to keep himself alive, there's much more than that to the healing arts but it would take much longer to learn and would require tools only a healing tent could make available.

Anna bids you good day and you turn back to head to the Gates of the Moon, Hennah happens to speak up and asks if she could come with you there were apparently some supplies that the castle had ordered that needed to be delivered.

Anna makes a face for a moment then nods to her daughter and turns away, astounding she seems to trust you. (GM:DON'T BREAK THAT TRUST!)

Do you let her come with you, this might be the last time to see her as your master is heading to King's Landing in a few days to compete in the Tourney being held for Joffery's Nameday celebration. You're coming as well and Ser Martyn Lancet wants you to compete in the Squires' competition being held as well 500 gold dragons for jousting and the foot melee is nothing to sniff at. It would set you for your armor and horses for you're squire hood, and there is rumor that the King will Knight the winner of the tournament himself.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:03 am

Brian Boru wrote:He snorts, "That's an understatement if I ever heard one."
I smirk. "There really should be a law... and Joffery is the perfect excuse for instituting it."

"Though plenty wouldn't care if such a law existed, they want those Dragonspawn back and me dead."
"Still, if you can get the church to back it you make it harder to ignore."

He doesn't seem to have much in him.  Remember EVERY NIGHT HE KILLS RHAEGAR AGAIN AND IN DIFFERENT WAYS!  THIS IS NOT AN EXAGGERATION!!!!!!
"Imagine being raised by the Begger King. I wouldn't wish that on a dog."

He notices the jaw drop and asks what the matter is?
"Interesting choice of words, that is all..."

He agrees to not killing them.  Joffrey....that's another matter entirely.
"It would probably be best if this was bloodless. Besides, best let Tywin deal with the little shite. If you play this right you'll come out looking like you fart roses. Kill the boy and there will be those who call you kinslayer... even though he's about as kin to you as the Boffy the Bull Buggering Baker's Son."

You return to King's Landing with all the fanfare as normal though the downcast look of the Lannister Squires is noted by some in the Keep.  When you return to the Keep itself you're told that the children have all come down with some minor illness, apparently caught by all the extra bodies in the city for the Tourney, nothing serious but very catchy.  The Queen has been worried sick about them and has been cloistering herself.
I glance at the King and whisper. "If I was a betting man, I'd say she's making herself scarce probably to cover an escape..."

Robert then goes to find Jon Arryn and Renly, the little fop should be around here somewhere.  He also asks that Stannis come along, he does so because Stannis says that he'd has suspicions about the Lannister twins since Tommen was born.  But hadn't talked about it with anyone until he had more proof, though he HAD planned to talk with Jon Arryn about it soon as the man was more subtle than he was.  The sheer enormity of that understatement has you, Robert, and even Barristan laughing.
I smile at him. "Wise decision, though perhaps you were a bit more careful than you through."

Should Renly be involved with this?  He IS a Baratheon and is the lord of Storm's End.
More importantly, is that in any way my decision?

Though I do make my thoughts that before anything else is done, the Lannisters must be contained to prevent escape.

And don't eat or drink anything that hasn't been tasted by one of the squires until she've been divorced and publicly stripped of her crown. I don't put it past the whore to try again with something a bit more potent... like strangler.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:54 am

Psyckosama wrote:I smirk. "There really should be a law... and Joffery is the perfect excuse for instituting it."
He snorts at that.

"Still, if you can get the Faith to back it you make it harder to ignore."
"True, products of incest were always considered abominations, that bastard was one and if there is a better example then I don't know it."

"Imagine being raised by the Begger King. I wouldn't wish that on a dog."
"Point"

"Interesting choice of words, that is all..."
"I mean it. When we've exposed that bitch and her sprogs, then I'm legitimizing you and declaring you my heir. You're a better warrior at 14 than I was at 20, and you managed to souse Cersei's little game in while I was in a drunken haze...." He seems a bit embarrassed by admitting that.

"It would probably be best if this was bloodless. Besides, best let Tywin deal with the little shite. If you play this right you'll come out looking like you fart roses. Kill the boy and there will be those who call you kinslayer... even though he's about as kin to you as the Boffy the Bull Buggering Baker's Son."
He starts laughing his ass off at that little word play but he gets the idea. Some people, even some people who would know the truth, would never publicly admit it.

[quote]I glance at the King and whisper. "If I was a betting man, I'd say she's making herself scarce probably to cover an escape..."

I smile at him. "Wise decision, though perhaps you were a bit more careful than you through."
He grunts but you think that he might have actually liked being thanked and noted for his actions.

More importantly, is that in any way my decision?
Well you could make your opinion on having the young fop get involved with cloak and dagger, one the one hand you don't think he's all that much, but on the other hand he's the lord of the Stormlands...though Robert might have more loyalty there than little Renly.

Though I do make my thoughts that before anything else is done, the Lannisters must be contained to prevent escape.
Noted, Stannis has some household men that are loyal to him to the bone, they served with him when the Siege of Storm's End happened. Making sure Jaime is secured is a different problem though, that man doesn't have a mark on his armor for a reason, and it isn't because he's rich or he never fought.

And don't eat or drink anything that hasn't been tasted by one of the squires until she've been divorced and publicly stripped of her crown. I don't put it past the whore to try again with something a bit more potent... like strangler.
That sobers Robert for a moment, then he turns to the two boys who have been made to stick to him like glue, he turns back and nods.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:20 am

Brian Boru wrote:He snorts at that.
"I'm serious. You couldn't pick up a better moment. Especially after its Tywin thinks that he comfortably has an heir besides Tyrion. Like I said, give them cream and piss in it."

"True, products of incest were always considered abominations, that bastard was one and if there is a better example then I don't know it."
"In his case I think it was less incest and more being raised a spoiled, self-entitled little twat who always got what he wanted. Not unlike Joffery if you think about it. The incest just took it and magnified it."

"Point"
"I pity the girl more than anything. Her only crime was the identity of her parents, and... well... its one I could have said to have committed myself. Maybe not in the same terms, bastard rather than the incestious product of a madman and his battered bride, but still there's a reflection."

"I mean it.  When we've exposed that bitch and her sprogs, then I'm legitimizing you and declaring you my heir.  You're a better warrior at 14 than I was at 20, and you managed to souse Cersei's little game in while I was in a drunken haze...."  He seems a bit embarrassed by admitting that.
There's a long moment where I look absolutely poleaxed. I almost fall off the horse even. Then I look back at him. "I... I mean I..."

I take a deep breath. "Father, its easier to see through this shit from the out than from within. Don't blame yourself. And I'm sure she did her best to keep you drunk and in a haze. I remember the stories you used to tell me and my sister, how you would marry your angel and bring us to court. Where mother would be given a happy life and we'd never want for anything for while we were base born, we were still your children and you loved us... she stole that dream away, at least part of it, from both of us." I look bitter, "I hated you for a long time, I'll admit it. I was bitter and angry in the way only an abandoned child could be. Then I was old enough to hear about the queen and your habits and I realized..."

I take another deep breath, "I heard that she threatened to have us killed if we came to court and realized you were protecting us. Then I tried to rationalize the vibrant and brave man I remembered with the... and please take no offense to this I beg of you... useless drunken lout the stories heard of. I realized you were hurting... Lyanna's death must have been hard on you, and while a good wife would have helped fill the void, she was nothing of the kind. The egomaniac probably resentful that you didn't become overawed with her magnificence and forget the," I sneer, and make the finger quotes "'Stark Hussy' the moment you laid eyes on her 'magnificence'. So instead of helping your wounded heart, she picked at it. Instead of it healing, it festered..."

I look at him again, "You could almost say that's probably about 4 stone of puss around your middle, the befouled product of a chronic Lannister infection."

He starts laughing his ass off at that little word play but he gets the idea.  Some people, even some people who would know the truth, would never publicly admit it.
"Lets be honest, after a month of the brats shite, old Iron Balls would either have him horse whipped, fostered off to one of the most brutal sons of a bitches under his banner, or sent to the Wall, or possibly all of the above and in that order."

He grunts but you think that he might have actually liked being thanked and noted for his actions.
I note this. And smile. I have an idea.

Well you could make your opinion on having the young fop get involved with cloak and dagger, one the one hand you don't think he's all that much, but on the other hand he's the lord of the Stormlands...though Robert might have more loyalty there than little Renly.
Renly needs to be entertained and kept busy so he thinks hes involved but really is just being kept under watch, under control, and where he can't bugger things up.

Noted, Stannis has some household men that are loyal to him to the bone, they served with him when the Siege of Storm's End happened.  Making sure Jaime is secured is a different problem though, that man doesn't have a mark on his armor for a reason, and it isn't because he's rich or he never fought.
"I'll do it. Though if its not too much to ask, I'd like Ser Barristan to be there to watch my back. The Mountain who Rides might still be in town, and he's just the kind of ogre she'd want around if she throught were were coming for them."

That sobers Robert for a moment, then he turns to the two boys who have been made to stick to him like glue, he turns back and nods.
"Good. I want to have a good long chance to get to know you."[/quote]

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:02 am

Brian Boru wrote:Between your regular chores, the library visits, and the lessons with Anna, your schedule is EXTREMELY full up.  You go to bed every night tired but feeling that you've accomplished something.  When you visit Anna's shop you often interact with Hennah, Anna's daughter, after your first gruff appearance, she's seemed to warm up to you and is often seen watching you learn from her mother.  Anna notices this and looks between the two of you, giving her daughter exasperated looks and (venemous looks if you respond to Hennah).
... considering my workload, I'd say I'm a little busy to think of romance right now. Or even just random fumblings. Entirely beside the point that it'd be messing with my implied contract with Anna.

Either way a month goes by and you've learned most everything a soldier could immediately use to keep himself alive, there's much more than that to the healing arts but it would take much longer to learn and would require tools only a healing tent could make available.  
Still, it was time wells spent. I do hope what I've learned can also be applied in situations that are less filled with crisis, and that while I'd been around I'd also picked up things of mundane utility.

Anna bids you good day and you turn back to head to the Gates of the Moon, Hennah happens to speak up and asks if she could come with you there were apparently some supplies that the castle had ordered that needed to be delivered.

Anna makes a face for a moment then nods to her daughter and turns away, astounding she seems to trust you. (GM:DON'T BREAK THAT TRUST!)

Do you let her come with you, this might be the last time to see her as your master is heading to King's Landing in a few days to compete in the Tourney being held for Joffery's Nameday celebration.
Might as well. I'm heading back anyway, and I'd be a sorry squire if I told her to make the trip alone. Hell, I'll offer to walk back to the Apothecary with her as well. And no, I don't have ulterior motives here. She's hot and all, but I'd rather keep her mother's respect than engage in random happy fun times out of nowhere.

You're coming as well and Ser Martyn Lancet wants you to compete in the Squires' competition being held as well 500 gold dragons for jousting and the foot melee is nothing to sniff at.  It would set you for your armor and horses for you're squire hood, and there is rumor that the King will Knight the winner of the tournament himself.
That is indeed nothing to sniff at. If I have silvers left, I'll buy that horse now and pick up a helmet that reasonably conceals my face. If there's anything resembling a Corinthian anyway. Probably don't have the money for any actual splint-mail anyway, which is a shame.

Also, I ask Mya if she'd like to come - I do want to continue our lessons, and I think I'd get a little lonely without her around as well. If so, it would probably be for the best if we were both incognito. Like Ser Martyn said, there've been rumors about the queen ...
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:10 am

Psyckosama wrote:"I'm serious. You couldn't pick up a better moment. Especially after its Tywin thinks that he comfortably has an heir besides Tyrion. Like I said, give them cream and piss in it."
Laughter

"In his case I think it was less incest and more being raised a spoiled, self-entitled little twat who always got what he wanted. Not unlike Joffery if you think about it. The incest just took it and magnified it."
He snarls and nods.

"I pity the girl more than anything. Her only crime was the identity of her parents, and... well... its one I could have said to have committed myself. Maybe not in the same terms, bastard rather than the incestious product of a madman and his battered bride, but still there's a reflection."
He gives you a look but shrugs, it's your opinion and you're welcome to it.

There's a long moment where I look absolutely poleaxed. I almost fall off the horse even. Then I look back at him. "I... I mean I..."
"Easy lad, breath, just breath, if I were honest I'm not doing you any honors or favors. That damn chair is a menace."

I take a deep breath. "Father, its easier to see through this shit from the out than from within. Don't blame yourself. And I'm sure she did her best to keep you drunk and in a haze. I remember the stories you used to tell me and my sister, how you would marry your angel and bring us to court. Where mother would be given a happy life and we'd never want for anything for while we were base born, we were still your children and you loved us... she stole that dream away, at least part of it, from both of us." I look bitter, "I hated you for a long time, I'll admit it. I was bitter and angry in the way only an abandoned child could be. Then I was old enough to hear about the queen and your habits and I realized..."
He has a hurt and melancholic look on his face of dead dreams and might have beens and the cruel reality of what he actually got.

I take another deep breath, "I heard that she threatened to have us killed if we came to court and realized you were protecting us. Then I tried to rationalize the vibrant and brave man I remembered with the... and please take no offense to this I beg of you... useless drunken lout the stories heard of. I realized you were hurting... Lyanna's death must have been hard on you, and while a good wife would have helped fill the void, she was nothing of the kind. The egomaniac probably resentful that you didn't become overawed with her magnificence and forget the," I sneer, and make the finger quotes "'Stark Hussy' the moment you laid eyes on her 'magnificence'. So instead of helping your wounded heart, she picked at it. Instead of it healing, it festered..."
There are a flurry of emotions that flash across his face.

I look at him again, "You could almost say that's probably about 4 stone of puss around your middle, the befouled product of a chronic Lannister infection."
Which promptly disappear for a moment as he stares at you in stunned shock, then he starts laughing again and wraps you up in a hug laughing, "And I aim to lance and drain that as soon as I fucking can!"

"Lets be honest, after a month of the brats shite, old Iron Balls would either have him horse whipped, fostered off to one of the most brutal sons of a bitches under his banner, or sent to the Wall, or possibly all of the above and in that order."
He snorts and agrees with you.

I note this. And smile. I have an idea.
Ooo...

Renly needs to be entertained and kept busy so he thinks hes involved but really is just being kept under watch, under control, and where he can't bugger things up.
Robert agrees but you might need to speak with Jon first about what should be done with him.

"I'll do it. Though if its not too much to ask, I'd like Ser Barristan to be there to watch my back. The Mountain who Rides might still be in town, and he's just the kind of ogre she'd want around if she throught were were coming for them."
Considering you beat the both of them, they're liable to want another match this time with a different set of weapons.

"Good. I want to have a good long chance to get to know you."
He laughs, "Same here lad."

The two of you find Jon Arryn, it only takes a few minutes of talking before Jon believes you and is with you. Now what to do with Renly. Stannis has very little to say of the little fop, Robert is little better though he admits that the dashing runt could get people to support him and he seems close with his brand new Squire Loras Tyrell might be able to twist that into getting their support or a promise of marriage later on for their daughter...Margaery ...right her, they say she's supposed to be a year younger than you and already quite pretty....if you make a face, "Just a thought lad, and if you want to sit on that chair then you'll have to deal with things like that."
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:45 am

Rieverre wrote:... considering my workload, I'd say I'm a little busy to think of romance right now. Or even just random fumblings. Entirely beside the point that it'd be messing with my implied contract with Anna.
You don't have to be humping each other's brains out man, sheesh just simple courting would be fine. Walking talking and what not.

Still, it was time wells spent. I do hope what I've learned can also be applied in situations that are less filled with crisis, and that while I'd been around I'd also picked up things of mundane utility.
It should help.

Might as well. I'm heading back anyway, and I'd be a sorry squire if I told her to make the trip alone. Hell, I'll offer to walk back to the Apothecary with her as well. And no, I don't have ulterior motives here. She's hot and all, but I'd rather keep her mother's respect than engage in random happy fun times out of nowhere.
Well she flushes and thanks you for taking time to spend coming with her. She then walks up to the castle with you, you small talk about innane things but you seem to get along well enough and she's a surprisingly sweet girl considering her immediate surroundings. She delivers her supplies to the castle Maester then you lead her back, the two of you continue to simply enjoy each other's company and when she asks if you'd see each other after you return from the tourney what do you say?

That is indeed nothing to sniff at. If I have silvers left, I'll buy that horse now and pick up a helmet that reasonably conceals my face. If there's anything resembling a Corinthian anyway. Probably don't have the money for any actual splint-mail anyway, which is a shame.
Unfortunately no though Martyn does manage to find you an old full helm that should keep your noodle safe in the joust. A bit dented and rusty but perfectly serviceable.

Also, I ask Mya if she'd like to come - I do want to continue our lessons, and I think I'd get a little lonely without her around as well. If so, it would probably be for the best if we were both incognito. Like Ser Martyn said, there've been rumors about the queen ...
She thinks on it, and agrees, she's always wanted to see King's Landing, how do you intend to compete in the Squire Tournament incognito? A mystery Squire? That's just silly.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:53 am

Brian Boru wrote:Laughter
I grin.

He snarls and nods.
I simply let him have his feelings.

He gives you a look but shrugs, it's your opinion and you're welcome to it.
"It's hard for me to hate someone due to the conditions of their birth."

"Easy lad, breath, just breath, if I were honest I'm not doing you any honors or favors.  That damn chair is a menace."
"I mean I... thank you father. And it's not the chair, its the fact you're willing to trust me that much having just met me..."

He has a hurt and melancholic look on his face of dead dreams and might have beens and the cruel reality of what he actually got.
I have the same sad look.

There are a flurry of emotions that flash across his face.
I simply sigh. I was right.

Which promptly disappear for a moment as he stares at you in stunned shock, then he starts laughing again and wraps you up in a hug laughing, "And I aim to lance and drain that as soon as I fucking can!"
"We'll get you back into fighting trim in no time!" I announce.

He snorts and agrees with you.
Aye.

Ooo...
Gonna talk to robert when we're through.

Robert agrees but you might need to speak with Jon first about what should be done with him.
And I will.

Considering you beat the both of them, they're liable to want another match this time with a different set of weapons.
"Aye, and two to one isn't good odds when fighting foes of that caliber. I'd rather not risk it."

He laughs, "Same here lad."
HUG!

The two of you find Jon Arryn, it only takes a few minutes of talking before Jon believes you and is with you.  Now what to do with Renly.  Stannis has very little to say of the little fop, Robert is little better though he admits that the dashing runt could get people to support him and he seems close with his brand new Squire Loras Tyrell might be able to twist that into getting their support or a promise of marriage later on for their daughter...Margaery ...right her, they say she's supposed to be a year younger than you and already quite pretty....if you make a face, "Just a thought lad, and if you want to sit on that chair then you'll have to deal with things like that."
"I know I will, but I'm not going to make the mistake and marry too fast or entirely for the sake of the realm. Those who refuse to learn from the past are doomed to repeat it."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:08 am

Brian Boru wrote:You don't have to be humping each other's brains out man, sheesh just simple courting would be fine.  Walking talking and what not.
Sadly, while I'm perfectly amenable to being polite and well-mannered, I'm reasonably certain that I would be a horrible mess at 'courting' of any kind. I freely admit to being too self-absorbed for that.

That aside, if Hennah really is that much of a sweet girl, I'd probably feel like I was taking advantage.

Well she flushes and thanks you for taking time to spend coming with her.  She then walks up to the castle with you, you small talk about innane things but you seem to get along well enough and she's a surprisingly sweet girl considering her immediate surroundings.  She delivers her supplies to the castle Maester then you lead her back, the two of you continue to simply enjoy each other's company and when she asks if you'd see each other after you return from the tourney what do you say?
That it's a definite possibility, if perhaps not quite the way she means, as while I've learned a lot of what I set out to it still isn't all I wanted to.

Actually, after we get back, I'll inquire with Anna whether or not she'd be open to me still visiting after I get back to the Vale, and if I could take more lessons regarding more common/mundane remedies and poultices. Especially as after the tournament I might actually be able to pay for tuition.

Unfortunately no though Martyn does manage to find you an old full helm that should keep your noodle safe in the joust.  A bit dented and rusty but perfectly serviceable.
That works then. I'm more looking forward to the melee anyway. Jousts are fine and all, but it's so rigid and formulaic I can't help but get somewhat annoyed at the idea of it.

She thinks on it, and agrees, she's always wanted to see King's Landing, how do you intend to compete in the Squire Tournament incognito?  A mystery Squire? That's just silly.
We can burn that bridge when we get to it, which'll be a while anyway. I'll probably just wear a hood or somesuch.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:23 am

Psyckosama wrote:"It's hard for me to hate someone due to the conditions of their birth."
"Point lad."

"I mean I... thank you father. And it's not the chair, its the fact you're willing to trust me that much having just met me..."
He laughs, "I've an eye for capable men most of the time. It's really the only reason I've kept that damn chair as long as I have."

"We'll get you back into fighting trim in no time!" I announce.
He mutters a bit but there isn't any real fire to it.

Sounds interesting.

"Aye, and two to one isn't good odds when fighting foes of that caliber. I'd rather not risk it."
Barristan promises that he'll help you with Jaime and whatever else might be there with him.

"I know I will, but I'm not going to make the mistake and marry too fast or entirely for the sake of the realm. Those who refuse to learn from the past are doomed to repeat it."
"Oh trust me I won't make that mistake twice." Robert promises.

Now to business, Robert and Jon set up a set of documents, accusing the Queen and her brother of incest and her children being no children of Roberts. Offers of legitimacy are offered to the three children of Cersei, followed by a law is quickly drafted denying a child of incest from being able to inherit. Finally a document is made that Legitimizes you and declares you as heir to the Iron Throne.

After that Stannis leads his men to the rooms of the royal children. Meanwhile you and Barristan head to the Queen's Chambers. When you try the door, it's locked, when you knock no one answers, you're going to have to batter this door down.

You swing back with you hammer and strike the door with the force of a cannon, the door is ripped from its hinges and you're about to head in roll a d100.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:34 am

Brian Boru wrote:"Point lad."
I nod. "If anything I pity her. She lost everything before she even drew her first breath."

He laughs, "I've an eye for capable men most of the time.  It's really the only reason I've kept that damn chair as long as I have."
"Old saying. Those who wish to rule least rule best. I'm sure the second half of your reign will be great... because gods know you're not interested in the rusty old thing. Nor am I for that matter. I just wanted my father back."

He mutters a bit but there isn't any real fire to it.
I look at him crossly. "Don't get soft on me old man..."

One question though, why about Mya? She is my twin after all...

Sounds interesting.

Barristan promises that he'll help you with Jaime and whatever else might be there with him.
"Good to know you have my back."

"Oh trust me I won't make that mistake twice."  Robert promises.
"Aye..."

I look pensive.

Now to business, Robert and Jon set up a set of documents, accusing the Queen and her brother of incest and her children being no children of Roberts.
Cool.

Offers of legitimacy are offered to the three children of Cersei, followed by a law is quickly drafted denying a child of incest from being able to inherit.
I suggest these two be held back at the moment. One as leverage against the Lannisters, the other as a "By the way" gift to dump on Tywin's head once the negotiations are complete.

Finally a document is made that Legitimizes you and declares you as heir to the Iron Throne.
And Mya?

After that Stannis leads his men to the rooms of the royal children.
I BEG that they are gentle with the little ones.

Meanwhile you and Barristan head to the Queen's Chambers.  When you try the door, it's locked, when you knock no one answers, you're going to have to batter this door down.
I look at Ser Barristan. "Cover my back."

You swing back with you hammer and strike the door with the force of a cannon, the door is ripped from its hinges and you're about to head in roll a d100.
"Oops. I'm sorry. I seem to have knocked too hard..."

Psyckosama carried out 1 launched of one d100 :

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:06 pm

Psyckosama wrote:I nod. "If anything I pity her. She lost everything before she even drew her first breath."
He shrugs again.

"Old saying. Those who wish to rule least rule best. I'm sure the second half of your reign will be great... because gods know you're not interested in the rusty old thing. Nor am I for that matter. I just wanted my father back."
He laughs and agrees to that.

I look at him crossly. "Don't get soft on me old man..."

One question though, why about Mya? She is my twin after all...
He thinks on that one before shrugging and smiling, "Sure, why the hell not."

"Aye..."

I look pensive.
"Something on your mind lad?"

I suggest these two be held back at the moment. One as leverage against the Lannisters, the other as a "By the way" gift to dump on Tywin's head once the negotiations are complete.
"Tywin would not take that sort of insult lying down and many in the Seven Kingdoms would sympathize with him dropping something like that on him."

And Mya?
And Mya, though she's behind little Six year old Shireen, Stannis's daughter.

I BEG that they are gentle with the little ones.
They won't hurt them.

I look at Ser Barristan. "Cover my back."
He nods.

"Oops. I'm sorry. I seem to have knocked too hard..."
Barristan gives you a look before you head in.

You quickly enter the chambers, the front room seems empty though you can hear voices in the bedroom proper. Kicking that door down, you find Cersei naked as the day she was born while Jaime was clothed but not armored though he has his sword. Cersei looks to you then she points at Jaime and shrieks, "He tried to rape me!"

The shocked look on Jaime's face is something that will be remembered for centuries. Men will paint images of this, utter heartbreak and betrayal.

He sword is loose in his hands and his legs shake. If you move now you might be able to take him without a fight.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:51 pm

Missed my post again?
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:25 pm

Brian Boru wrote:He shrugs again.
"Maybe I'm a bit too soft hearted."

He laughs and agrees to that.
"If I had my way we'd melt it down and use the iron to make the nails for a school for orphans."

He thinks on that one before shrugging and smiling, "Sure, why the hell not."
"Though I must beg as her brother that you allow her to marry for love. There's a young lad she has her heart set on and while he's not of the highest birth he is of very good character."

"Something on your mind lad?"
"When the time comes please don't force me to marry a woman of your choice. I will do my best to marry in the benefit of the nation, but... yeah."

Deep breath.

"Tywin would not take that sort of insult lying down and many in the Seven Kingdoms would sympathize with him dropping something like that on him."
"Fair enough. Maybe I'm thinking of jerking his chain maybe a bit too hard. Honestly the man needs to listen to his own damned song..."

And Mya, though she's behind little Six year old Shireen, Stannis's daughter.
Alright.

They won't hurt them.
Joffery I couldn't give a fuck about... well... besides "alive".

Barristan gives you a look before you head in.
I chuckle.

You quickly enter the chambers, the front room seems empty though you can hear voices in the bedroom proper.  Kicking that door down, you find Cersei naked as the day she was born while Jaime was clothed but not armored though he has his sword.  Cersei looks to you then she points at Jaime and shrieks, "He tried to rape me!"

The shocked look on Jaime's face is something that will be remembered for centuries.  Men will paint images of this, utter heartbreak and betrayal.

He sword is loose in his hands and his legs shake.  If you move now you might be able to take him without a fight.
I look at her and my eyes narrow. Men will paint images of this as well. Utter contempt and disgust. "You really are a sad, vicious piece of work aren't you?"

I look at Jamie. Now I seem sympathetic. I honestly feel sorry for him. "Your sister ordered my father's squires to assassinate him by drugging his wine with the Milk of Poppy during a boar hunt and we've figured out who the children's father really is. I've convinced the king to give a degree of clemency to you both. There will be no executions and I will do my best to protect you from torture... unless you decide to compound your crimes and do something stupid. Then I can't make any promises. So with that said, I'm going to give you two choices. First, you can surrender your sword honorably and be taken into custody with your honor intact. Second... I'll take it from you. The choice is yours, Ser Jamie."

If she demands he fight for her I look at her, "M'lady, why is it that people like you always think that you're more ruthless than people like me. We have already taken your children into custody. I can promises you the health and well being of the little ones, but Joffery, well... without his mummy to control the little spoilt little shite who knows what mischief he may find, and unlike the past, the king has absolutely no reason to tolerate his shenanigans."

Oh, and we're moving now. She can wrap herself in a sheet. I don't say it but honesty, if she wishes to behave as a whore, she will dress as one.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 34 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 21 ... 34  Next