Giant Stompy Robots
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are the Demon King...

+5
Kelenas
Brian Boru
mithril-blade
Silver Sun 17
Ironforge
9 posters

Page 12 of 30 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 21 ... 30  Next

Go down

You are the Demon King... - Page 12 Empty Re: You are the Demon King...

Post by Rieverre Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:28 am

Handmaidens: The Red Oni Sisters
-Kasho: Two horned Red Oni. Until she's picked a new name, have taken to calling her 'Akagi'
-Haisoksu: One horned Red Oni. Until she's picked a new name, have taken to calling her 'Akatsuki'

Harem:
Lamia Concubine: Archives clerk with some magical aptitude.
Arachne Concubine: Assassin and bane of food everywhere.

Contacts:
-Grand Princess of the Fire Dragon Clan (pending results of letter)

Pending Events:
- letters to the Grand Princess
- the spider in the parlor (Arachne sent to thank Ruby-Eyes)
- the Lamia and the library

Psyckosama wrote:Actually she's reluctant because the idea of meeting The Princess makes her anxious.

The princess is POWERFUL and DEADLY and is NOT in a good mood...
I can see where that would be concerning, but unless something's gone horribly horribly wrong she doesn't seem like the type to shoot the messenger, as it were. Or casually murder subordinates. Well, it's the Arachne's call.

OOC GM's working on it still...
k

Actually Dark Schneider is pretty much your standard Demon Long, just give him horns.
It does fit quite well, doesn't it? Him and his entire entourage could likely qualify to that point that I wouldn't be too surprised to find a painting of a lookalike somewhere nearby.

Either or both depending on the Overlord and his mood.
We'll just have to see what works for me, then.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelenas Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:23 am

Header:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ESTrnhSRHn8ieE82zawTASRLy0s9kbmHG_HLyCitt9M/edit

Psyckosama wrote:She looks interested. "And what would it entail?"
"We'll probably have to take a while to hash out all the details, but in general?" I shrug. "The term 'Viceroy' roughly means 'one who rules in place of'. So, most likely a lot."
I lean forward in my seat to look at her intently.
"I said that I'd do my hardest to learn how to rule the realm effectively, and I meant that. But everything I'll only be starting to learn in the next weeks, months and years, about the realm and how it is run, the people in it, and so on, are all things *you* grew up and are intimately familiar with. I'd have to be an idiot not to recognize that, and I'd like to think that I'm not."

"Amazing things you've done without magic. Very interesting as well... "
"I suspect that in a few weeks I'd be willing to sell an arm or leg for a fully-functioning computer to help with information management," I comment drily. "And I don't suspect we could trace back the summoning to my homeworld and open a large portal to conquer it and use its technological advances for our benefit?"
The answer was most likely 'no', but it was a nice thought.
"More seriously, I'm already starting to try and think of ways on how to apply my knowledge usefully. The main problem, as I see it, will be to identify how to best combine that knowledge with the existing one, as well as magic and the various abilities and strengths of non-mortal species."
Kelenas
Kelenas

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun 17 Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:08 pm

Psyckosama wrote:
"All in due time... and you were chosen we didn't chose."

You still feel like total crap. VERY tired and very torn up and spat out.

"The Phrase all in due time tends to mean either 'I'm fucking around with you' or 'you wouldn't go along with what i'm planning if i told you".

Silver Sun 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:29 pm

Rieverre wrote:It does fit quite well, doesn't it? Him and his entire entourage could likely qualify to that point that I wouldn't be too surprised to find a painting of a lookalike somewhere nearby.
Pretty much... Wink

I can see where that would be concerning, but unless something's gone horribly horribly wrong she doesn't seem like the type to shoot the messenger, as it were. Or casually murder subordinates. Well, it's the Arachne's call.
Would it be acceptable for her to write a letter of thanks and send a request to thank her in person? And send it by servant?

Just showing up might seem inappropriate.

We'll just have to see what works for me, then.
Yep.

Kelenas wrote:"We'll probably have to take a while to hash out all the details, but in general?" I shrug. "The term 'Viceroy' roughly means 'one who rules in place of'. So, most likely a lot."
I lean forward in my seat to look at her intently.
She seems VERY pleased at the idea. You see her gears going. "In essence you're making my authority second only to your own... greater than even your handmaidens except when they speak as your agents?"

She smiles. "So I'm to be your Emperess, not simply your queen. Yes. I believe I can live with that."

"I said that I'd do my hardest to learn how to rule the realm effectively, and I meant that. But everything I'll only be starting to learn in the next weeks, months and years, about the realm and how it is run, the people in it, and so on, are all things *you* grew up and are intimately familiar with. I'd have to be an idiot not to recognize that, and I'd like to think that I'm not."
"I have to say," she admits, "Why this... has all been distressing. You've done much to... I'd say comfort me is the wrong word, but you have done much to restore... equilibrium. To be fair and just. I believe that speaks well for the realm and for my fate in particular."

"Amazing things you've done without magic. Very interesting as well... "
"I suspect that in a few weeks I'd be willing to sell an arm or leg for a fully-functioning computer to help with information management," I comment drily. "And I don't suspect we could trace back the summoning to my homeworld and open a large portal to conquer it and use its technological advances for our benefit?"
The answer was most likely 'no', but it was a nice thought.[/quote]
"Sadly no, but we could investigate..."

"More seriously, I'm already starting to try and think of ways on how to apply my knowledge usefully. The main problem, as I see it, will be to identify how to best combine that knowledge with the existing one, as well as magic and the various abilities and strengths of non-mortal species."
"I look forward to your results... and if you need any help, tell me. These inventions of your home land sound useful."

Silver Sun 17 wrote:"The Phrase all in due time tends to mean either 'I'm fucking around with you' or 'you wouldn't go along with what i'm planning if i told you".
Roll a d10

"More we would like for you to settle in somewhat before informing you of the details."

Psyckosama
Admin

https://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:40 pm

-Kasho: Two horned Red Oni. Until she's picked a new name, have taken to calling her 'Akagi'
-Haisoksu: One horned Red Oni. Until she's picked a new name, have taken to calling her 'Akatsuki'

Harem:

Contacts:

Pending Events:
- Webmail (Arachne sends letter of thanks to the Princess)

Psyckosama wrote:Would it be acceptable for her to write a letter of thanks and send a request to thank her in person? And send it by servant?

Just showing up might seem inappropriate.
Yes, it would be acceptable. I debate, for a moment, having one of the sisters coach it in formal terms.

Then I decide, we're going for genuine. She can write it herself.

"Then we'll work on your self-control instead. During lunch. Don't worry too much, you'll have three meals a day. Just _try_ not to gorge yourself."

Summon meido. Make lunch arrangements. See if I can feed her chocolate covered strawberries. Well, alright, that last part is optional. They might not have strawberries.

((Events list updated: 'Spider in the parlor' replaced with 'Webmail'.))

... and yes, I do remind the Arachne about my request that she do a security evaluation of the Royal Wing. Or at least the immediate vicinity.

Then spend my time left until lunch/Akatsuki and the Lamia coming back form library hunting nibbling on Akagi's neck and ears and generally making out.

What?

Oh, I could just rush into things, but taking time is fine too. Especially with such nice distractions ^^
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun 17 Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:55 pm

Psyckosama wrote:
Roll a d10

"More we would like for you to settle in somewhat before informing you of the details."
"The second, definitely the second. Might i ask for some introductions?"

Silver Sun 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:55 pm

The member 'Silver Sun 17' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd10' : 4

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelenas Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:04 pm

Header:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ESTrnhSRHn8ieE82zawTASRLy0s9kbmHG_HLyCitt9M/edit

Psyckosama wrote:She seems VERY pleased at the idea. You see her gears going. "In essence you're making my authority second only to your own... greater than even your handmaidens except when they speak as your agents?"

She smiles. "So I'm to be your Emperess, not simply your queen. Yes. I believe I can live with that."
"I think that sums it up rather well, yes," I smile back at her.
"I have to say," she admits, "Why this... has all been distressing. You've done much to... I'd say comfort me is the wrong word, but you have done much to restore... equilibrium. To be fair and just. I believe that speaks well for the realm and for my fate in particular."
"Thank you," I reply earnestly. "I figure that, whatever our personal relationship might end up being, I should at least do my best so we can work together, rather than against each other."
"Sadly no, but we could investigate..."
Slowly I break out into a teeth-baring, wide and gleeful grin not unlike the one she showed me earlier. "I think I'd like that. I think I'd *really* like that..."
"I look forward to your results... and if you need any help, tell me. These inventions of your home land sound useful."
"I definitely will. I have a number of ideas already, but in many cases I will first have to find out what is already available, so I'll know whether my idea is feasible, and if it would actually provide an improvement. There wouldn't be much of a point to introducing trains and airships if we can simply open up magical portals that connect two cities on the same realm, for example. Or if we already have trains and airships, in which case I'd have to think of ideas on how to improve them or the way they're used, which is much more difficult than just introducing the concept in the first place.
Later I intend to talk with Arachne about whether her people work as tailors, or sell or otherwise put their silk to use. Well... assuming she's woken up from her food-induced stupor by then," I finish with a good-natured smirk.

Last edited by Kelenas on Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added header)
Kelenas
Kelenas

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelenas Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:20 pm

Diceroll: 1d100
Kelenas
Kelenas

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:20 pm

The member 'Kelenas' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd100' : 58

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironforge Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:25 pm

Name: Iron

Adviser: Royal Princess (AKA Ruby Eyes)

Head of intel and Security: The Duke

Maidens: The Red Oni Sisters
-Kasho: Two horned Red Oni and younger sister of the Pair, Need to find new name/rank for new station,
-Haisoksu: One horned Red Oni and older sister of the Pair, Need to find new name/rank for new station,

Harem:
Lamia: Caster of some type, Head for numbers
-Do not know name

Arachne: Poison expert, Skilled Assassin and thief
Name: Lolth
Pact/Goal: Become the queen of spiders.

Psyckosama wrote:She's lived a boring life. Raised by her mother, went to learn from a master of no great reputation, found employment as a imperial clerk...

Then she found The Map and decided to go for the gold...

And she's happy she did.
"Well can you tell me what magics you practice and your skill with such?"

"Noone specific. Just some really really GOOD killers..."
"Well if what I've heard of the Empire, that should be a rather minor task to have done here."

She pauses for a moment and starts to tell you.

She is a murderer, she is a thief, an assassin, a cannibal who has eaten her own kin screaming and alive... and she never had any choice.

The Spider Demons truly do inhabit some of the worst parts of the overworld. They're almost as bad as the Fire Demons in a way... worse in others.

Though to survive the hell she described she'd have to be pretty deadly.

She originally entered the contest with no real intent of trying to become a handmaiden. It was a plan B.

She came as a thief. She suggested it to one of her superiors and volunteered to do it because she'd bungled a mission due to unforeseen circumstances and was about 5 minutes from being eaten alive... when news of the Emperor's death came in.

She suggested that they let her join the competition. She'd be able to rob the place instead of going for you! If it worked they wouldn't kill her! If it didn't work the guards would kill her! Then she found out, while taking it, that the spell kept her from being able to steal... which meant she was totally utterly fucked.

So she said what the hey, and took it seriously. After all, when you have nothing left you might as well take the big gamble.

As far as she's concerned, she own the jackpot.

You saved her. She's yours. Mind. Body. Soul. And its not just the oath talking...

Oh and she starts to slip down and...

Naughty Spider!
Well those are some rather interesting points of info I have just gained and with how things are set up here something that also gives me a lot to work with. Though I wonder how far she will take things here once she reaches here wanted set of power and if her daughters will just restart the cycle all over again later down the line. But I guess I'll just come to that burning bridge when I come to it. As the here and now is call me again it seems.

Quickly putting up a finger and waving it back and forth for a sec to ward off Lolth's advances.

"Am sorry my spider, playtime will have to wait for later. As there is still work that needs to be done today before we can all play.

Now you said that you had great skill in the arts of stealth, assassination and thievery. So can you tell in your professorial opinion or if you think it might be to long to say, write down a list of weak spots or weakness that you could take advantage of if your goal was to kill me, those of my household or take something of value from us. As I would think your skills and mindset would be well suited for such my spider."

Then calling for my maidens.  

"My darling maidens, as I'm getting to know my ladies better. May I ask you two to tell me more about yourselves too?

As I'll need to know those who love me if I'm as to return such in time. An I believe it will help me in find some suitable new names for you too my maidens."
Ironforge
Ironforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:15 pm

Psyckosama wrote:She shakes her head at your reaction.
"Gold's stupendously valuable, that much gold is rare to have in one place unless it's a nation's private deposit."

"We have other Gardens" she points out.
"Ah, never mind then, but the intent behind the offer will still remain."

"In the outer realms, yes."
"But not the Mortal Realms? Interesting..."

She gives you a very very funny look.
I shrug embarrassed, "I was a student of history in my world, and reading about the great battles of the past was one of my personal favorite pastimes. I also have a bad habit of my mind wandering to obscure places...I apologize for that." I then wait for her to respond.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:14 pm

Silver Sun 17 wrote:"The second, definitely the second. Might i ask for some introductions?"
"Of course. Understand we Demons do not give out their true names for they have great power. Even our personal names have influence. Thus we go by title. I am the High Priest, our Orcish Friend is known as the Warlord, and she is the Royal Princess"

Kelenas wrote:"I think that sums it up rather well, yes," I smile back at her.
"I accept. I am the Royal Princess with the Rank of Viceroy."

She looks QUITE pleased. "Thank you."

"Thank you," I reply earnestly. "I figure that, whatever our personal relationship might end up being, I should at least do my best so we can work together, rather than against each other."
"You have proven to be very cooperative and accommodating. It is only fair that I do the same." She pauses, "You may call me Ruby-Eyes in private."

Slowly I break out into a teeth-baring, wide and gleeful grin not unlike the one she showed me earlier. "I think I'd like that. I think I'd *really* like that..."
"If your world is, as you say, without magic. It might be an interesting target for occupation."

"I definitely will. I have a number of ideas already, but in many cases I will first have to find out what is already available, so I'll know whether my idea is feasible, and if it would actually provide an improvement. There wouldn't be much of a point to introducing trains and airships if we can simply open up magical portals that connect two cities on the same realm, for example. Or if we already have trains and airships, in which case I'd have to think of ideas on how to improve them or the way they're used, which is much more difficult than just introducing the concept in the first place.
"There are Airships, but what is a... train?"

Later I intend to talk with Arachne about whether her people work as tailors, or sell or otherwise put their silk to use. Well... assuming she's woken up from her food-induced stupor by then," I finish with a good-natured smirk.
Some do...and silk is their only export besides murder and poison.

Ironforge wrote:"Well can you tell me what magics you practice and your skill with such?"
Dark and Light magic. She's no expert with either.

[quote]"Well if what I've heard of the Empire, that should be a rather minor task to have done here."
[quote]

Evil smile.

Well those are some rather interesting points of info I have just gained and with how things are set up here something that also gives me a lot to work with. Though I wonder how far she will take things here once she reaches here wanted set of power and if her daughters will just restart the cycle all over again later down the line. But I guess I'll just come to that burning bridge when I come to it. As the here and now is call me again it seems.
And you've sworn to help her... though making the Spiders be under Imperial Direction would be useful...

Quickly putting up a finger and waving it back and forth for a sec to ward off Lolth's advances.

"Am sorry my spider, playtime will have to wait for later. As there is still work that needs to be done today before we can all play.
Pout.

Now you said that you had great skill in the arts of stealth, assassination and thievery. So can you tell in your professorial opinion or if you think it might be to long to say, write down a list of weak spots or weakness that you could take advantage of if your goal was to kill me, those of my household or take something of value from us. As I would think your skills and mindset would be well suited for such my spider."
"Yes, Master."

Then calling for my maidens.  

"My darling maidens, as I'm getting to know my ladies better. May I ask you two to tell me more about yourselves too?

As I'll need to know those who love me if I'm as to return such in time. An I believe it will help me in find some suitable new names for you too my maidens."
At this point they're getting a bit cranky it seems.

Their thunder hath been stolen.

So what would you like to know?

Brian Boru wrote:"Gold's stupendously valuable, that much gold is rare to have in one place unless it's a nation's private deposit."
"Your nations must be rather impoverished..."

They trade in Gold coins in fantasy worlds.:p

"Ah, never mind then, but the intent behind the offer will still remain."
She nods shallowly.

"But not the Mortal Realms?  Interesting..."
"To magical beings like ourselves our Name is a critical part of who and what we are. To know someones name is to have influence over the core of their being."

I shrug embarrassed, "I was a student of history in my world, and reading about the great battles of the past was one of my personal favorite pastimes.  I also have a bad habit of my mind wandering to obscure places...I apologize for that."  I then wait for her to respond.
"Very well..."

What now?

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:21 pm

Rieverre wrote:Yes, it would be acceptable. I debate, for a moment, having one of the sisters coach it in formal terms.
They seem to be getting a bit cranky to be honest.

Then I decide, we're going for genuine. She can write it herself.
She does. It takes a while.

"Then we'll work on your self-control instead. During lunch. Don't worry too much, you'll have three meals a day. Just _try_ not to gorge yourself."
She drools at the thought...

Summon meido. Make lunch arrangements. See if I can feed her chocolate covered strawberries. Well, alright, that last part is optional. They might not have strawberries.
Feed them to the Maido?

... and yes, I do remind the Arachne about my request that she do a security evaluation of the Royal Wing. Or at least the immediate vicinity.
She gets to it.

Then spend my time left until lunch/Akatsuki and the Lamia coming back form library hunting nibbling on Akagi's neck and ears and generally making out.

What?

Oh, I could just rush into things, but taking time is fine too. Especially with such nice distractions ^^
It turns into sex quickly.

And the handmaiden comes back alone. The girl's currently neck deep in multiple volumes...

OOC I'm thinking of dumping the custom names due to sheer difficulty of remembering them all... Elder/Younger Handmaiden alright for title?

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun 17 Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:32 pm

Psyckosama wrote:
"Of course. Understand we Demons do not give out their true names for they have great power. Even our personal names have influence. Thus we go by title. I am the High Priest, our Orcish Friend is known as the Warlord, and she is the Royal Princess"

If names have power here then I'll just give you an old nickname of mine, Steel.

OOC: i got that nickname at a job i worked in high school, I got it because of a joke related to my real name.

Silver Sun 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironforge Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:35 pm

Name: Iron

Adviser: Royal Princess (AKA Ruby Eyes)

Head of intel and Security: The Duke

Maidens: The Red Oni Sisters
-Kasho: Two horned Red Oni and younger sister of the Pair, Need to find new name/rank for new station,
-Haisoksu: One horned Red Oni and older sister of the Pair, Need to find new name/rank for new station,

Harem:
Lamia: Caster of light and dark magic, Head for numbers
-Do not know name

Arachne: Poison expert, Skilled Assassin and thief
Name: Lolth
Pact/Goal: Become the queen of spiders.

Psyckosama wrote:Dark and Light magic. She's no expert with either.
"Do you believe you peaked in those arts my lady or do you believe if given the chance you might be able to excel further in them?

As if you like I'm sure I can find some better teachers for you to train under if you wish."

And you've sworn to help her... though making the Spiders be under Imperial Direction would be useful...
OC: Oh I get that and do understand the gains involved here. It's just my mind likes to wander sometimes is all.

"Yes, Master."
"Lovely, when you have that list done please either show it to me or maidens. As I'm sure you will be able to help us find many a leak to fix with your skills."

At this point they're getting a bit cranky it seems.

Their thunder hath been stolen.

So what would you like to know?
"Oh don't be like that my ladies, as I did promise earlier to repay your help no? An since I'm not one to break my promises, expect a nice little surprise latter tonight for just you two." I return with a smile.

"Now tell me my maidens, what kind of commanders were you on the find of battle? Where you ones that lead from the front, the back with a masterful plan or ones that let there gut decide how they would lead and fight or something else all together.

How do you fight with magic and muscle, is it mostly with weapon in hand or do you prefer to blast at range with a well time blast of magic or something else in between?

An what are your skills off the battlefield, as I know you must have some. As Maidens such as yourself can not be anything else but well layered people.

Also what are your likes my sisters, do you enjoy combat for it's thrill or are you just as well happy with a good book by a fire as you would be while gutting a hated enemy? Tell me sisters who are you each? As I know you are each your own special gem of passion and power, but I would like to know more."
Ironforge
Ironforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:09 pm

-Kasho: Two horned Red Oni. Elder Handmaiden.
-Haisoksu: One horned Red Oni. Younger Handmaiden

Harem:

Contacts:

Pending Events:

Psyckosama wrote:They seem to be getting a bit cranky to be honest.
As I notice, and call them on it once the Younger one is back. And ask where the initiative that led them to winning the trial has gone.

Feed them to the Maido?
No, the Arachne. Sorry, wasn't being clear. Or is she a dedicated carnivore?

It turns into sex quickly.
Bah! No, it doesn't turn to sex quickly. It turns to sex slowly. For a given definition of 'sex' anyway. ^^ In other words, I verify the fidelity of previously completed maps before embarking on a return expedition.

And the handmaiden comes back alone. The girl's currently neck deep in multiple volumes...
*Violent eyebrow twitch*

Alright ... you'd think the happy fun bedtimes would have made me less irritable. You'd be wrong. Might be something in the air. Or the whole 'oh, hey, Demon now'. Or something else entirely.

"Tell me, did she at least do what I instructed her to do? Or did she lose track as soon as I was out of sight? And did you remind her?"

OOC I'm thinking of dumping the custom names due to sheer difficulty of remembering them all... Elder/Younger Handmaiden alright for title?
Yeah, if it's more convenient.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:27 am

Psyckosama wrote:"Your nations must be rather impoverished..."

They trade in Gold coins in fantasy worlds.:p
"Actually..." I describe to her Fort Knox, then what my people use for currency instead and a little bit of why. Heh wonder what lightbulbs will go off in her head.

She nods shallowly.
So have I made any progress here?

"To magical beings like ourselves our Name is a critical part of who and what we are. To know someones name is to have influence over the core of their being."
"That makes sense and I thank you for the clarification."

"Very well..."

What now?
"When I appoint you as my immediate subordinate, and I intend to, what sort of plans did you have for the empire? Your policies, your great works, campaigns, please tell me I want to know what a brillaint woman like yourself would have planned for this old realm of ours and what ways I could help make it happen?" I make DEAD sure that there is no mockery, underestimation or subterfuge in my tone, voice, or body language. Just an honest desire to know so I could help.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelenas Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:23 am

Psyckosama wrote:"I accept. I am the Royal Princess with the Rank of Viceroy."

She looks QUITE pleased. "Thank you."
"You're welcome."
"You have proven to be very cooperative and accommodating. It is only fair that I do the same." She pauses, "You may call me Ruby-Eyes in private."
"Thank you, Ruby-Eyes. You may call me Kelenas when we are in private."
"If your world is, as you say, without magic. It might be an interesting target for occupation."
I suspect it wouldn't be even remotely as easy as she might think, but don't voice those concerns. For now, the whole idea is just idle thinking anyway, unless and until we somehow manage to locate my homeworld.
"There are Airships, but what is a... train?"
I grin, "And with that question, Ruby-Eyes, you might have just given me my first major project to tackle. A train is a large, powerful steam-engine moving on rails and dragging a sizable number of large carts behind it to transport great amounts of goods, materials and people between locations."
Some do...and silk is their only export besides murder and poison.
But not all of them, and (seemingly) not in great quantities?

Since it looks like the conversation with the Princess is slowing down (unless she has any more questions, or something), I'll make somem ore polite smalltalk (like inquiring about our drink), before saying goodbye. "Thank you for taking your time to speak with me. If there's every anything you would like to talk with me about, I'll do my best to give you the same courtesy."

Unless the Princess still has something, or anything else comes up, I'll politely take my leave, then continue with whatever remains on my agenda for the day before returning to my rooms to speak with my Handmaidens and Concubines.
Kelenas
Kelenas

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:54 am

Silver Sun 17 wrote:If names have power here then I'll just give you an old nickname of mine, Steel.
The Orc chuckles. "Strong name."

"Alright, Steel. Are you able to walk?"

Ironforge wrote:"Do you believe you peaked in those arts my lady or do you believe if given the chance you might be able to excel further in them?
She's young... she hasn't mastered her skills yet.

As if you like I'm sure I can find some better teachers for you to train under if you wish."
Her eyes gleem.

my mind likes to wander sometimes is all.
Okay

"Lovely, when you have that list done please either show it to me or maidens. As I'm sure you will be able to help us find many a leak to fix with your skills."
"Yes master."

"Oh don't be like that my ladies, as I did promise earlier to repay your help no? An since I'm not one to break my promises, expect a nice little surprise latter tonight for just you two." I return with a smile.
They smile. "Than you master."

"Now tell me my maidens, what kind of commanders were you on the find of battle? Where you ones that lead from the front, the back with a masterful plan or ones that let there gut decide how they would lead and fight or something else all together.
"We were skilled in tactics, strategy, and personal combat..."

"Unlike many other races, demons normally demand that their officers command and fight. After all, why do something they're unwilling to."

How do you fight with magic and muscle, is it mostly with weapon in hand or do you prefer to blast at range with a well time blast of magic or something else in between?
"Our weapons are magical constructs summoned at will..."

"And we use our mastery of magic and great mystical power to improve our power and ability as warriors."

OOC AKA summoned weapons and tons of buff spells

An what are your skills off the battlefield, as I know you must have some. As Maidens such as yourself can not be anything else but well layered people.
OOC gimme a bit to compile a list.

Also what are your likes my sisters, do you enjoy combat for it's thrill or are you just as well happy with a good book by a fire as you would be while gutting a hated enemy? Tell me sisters who are you each? As I know you are each your own special gem of passion and power, but I would like to know more."
OOC also gimme a bit to bring it all together. I haven't had much a chance to work on the sisters.

Rieverre wrote:As I notice, and call them on it once the Younger one is back. And ask where the initiative that led them to winning the trial has gone.
What are you talking about?

No, the Arachne. Sorry, wasn't being clear. Or is she a dedicated carnivore?
No, she's not.

Bah! No, it doesn't turn to sex quickly. It turns to sex slowly. For a given definition of 'sex' anyway. ^^ In other words, I verify the fidelity of previously completed maps before embarking on a return expedition.
Bah.

*Violent eyebrow twitch*

Alright ... you'd think the happy fun bedtimes would have made me less irritable. You'd be wrong. Might be something in the air. Or the whole 'oh, hey, Demon now'. Or something else entirely.

"Tell me, did she at least do what I instructed her to do? Or did she lose track as soon as I was out of sight? And did you remind her?"
You never said the Lamia had to come with her.

By the way, she has 3 books.

Yeah, if it's more convenient.[/quote]
Brian Boru wrote:"Actually..."  I describe to her Fort Knox, then what my people use for currency instead and a little bit of why.  Heh wonder what lightbulbs will go off in her head.
She hates the sound of modern fiat currency.

"You mean to hell me your money is literally worthless?"

[quote]So have I made any progress here?[quote]

A bit.

"That makes sense and I thank you for the clarification."
You are welcome.

"When I appoint you as my immediate subordinate, and I intend to, what sort of plans did you have for the empire?  Your policies, your great works, campaigns, please tell me I want to know what a brillaint woman like yourself would have planned for this old realm of ours and what ways I could help make it happen?"  I make DEAD sure that there is no mockery, underestimation or subterfuge in my tone, voice, or body language.  Just an honest desire to know so I could help.
"Understood. First, we need to restore trust in the monarchy and the power of the throne. Second, we need to build up our resorces and prepare to take back what was lost."

Kelenas wrote:]"Thank you, Ruby-Eyes. You may call me Kelenas when we are in private."
I will do so, Kelenas.

I suspect it wouldn't be even remotely as easy as she might think, but don't voice those concerns. For now, the whole idea is just idle thinking anyway, unless and until we somehow manage to locate my homeworld.
"I know."

I grin, "And with that question, Ruby-Eyes, you might have just given me my first major project to tackle. A train is a large, powerful steam-engine moving on rails and dragging a sizable number of large carts behind it to transport great amounts of goods, materials and people between locations."
"Oh. Those dwarven contraptions."

But not all of them, and (seemingly) not in great quantities?
No. They tend to be too difficult to deal with.

Since it looks like the conversation with the Princess is slowing down (unless she has any more questions, or something), I'll make somem ore polite smalltalk (like inquiring about our drink), before saying goodbye. "Thank you for taking your time to speak with me. If there's every anything you would like to talk with me about, I'll do my best to give you the same courtesy."
"Thank you. It was less troublesome than expected."

Unless the Princess still has something, or anything else comes up, I'll politely take my leave, then continue with whatever remains on my agenda for the day before returning to my rooms to speak with my Handmaidens and Concubines.
Righto. Go ahead.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:55 am

Harem:

Contacts:

Pending Events:

Psyckosama wrote:What are you talking about?
I already told them I appreciate initiative. If they have a problem, they either do something about it or tell me about it, instead of letting it stew. Even if I'm the problem. Or maybe especially if I'm the problem.

No, she's not.
That's good to know. Anyway, I'll get some lunch ordered up. Let's see if she's got a better handle on her appetites after this morning. And if the Lamia doesn't show up, have a light meal made up and sent to her.

You never said the Lamia had to come with her.

By the way, she has 3 books.
... phew.

Okay, my mistake. Good job. While this isn't exactly a large sample, chances are that if they have the printing press one of these will have been made that way. If it looks like they're all hand-copied/written, then I'll ask about it. Granted, I could have done just that to begin with and been more efficient, but this way accomplishes a few things at once.

Incidentally, I ask the Younger Handmaiden if the Lamia just grabbed these at random or if she spent some time on it.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun 17 Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:59 am

Psyckosama wrote:
"Glad you like that one, all my other ideas were far to pretentious for my tastes."

"I believe so, I think I'm as recovered from that ordeal as I am going to be for the immediate future." I scan the room, trying to glean what I can.

Silver Sun 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:54 am

Psyckosama wrote:She hates the sound of modern fiat currency.

"You mean to hell me your money is literally worthless?"
"Well to be fair we DO have a large gold deposit but yes the paper isn't valuable in of itself. There IS a story behind why we went that way but frankly my skull started hurting when we covered that topic."

A bit.
Flat 'whoot' there.

You are welcome.
Grin.

"Understood. First, we need to restore trust in the monarchy and the power of the throne. Second, we need to build up our resorces and prepare to take back what was lost."
I nod perfectly logical there. "Alright then, first how would we go about restoring trust and second, what was lost and what would we going up against to get it back?"
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelenas Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:23 pm

Header:
Psyckosama wrote:No. They tend to be too difficult to deal with.
Going to have to change that, then.

Righto. Go ahead.
Entering the room, I start by taking off any of the more restrictive and uncomfortable outer garments I might be wearing as part of the "Demon Emperor" outfit (cloak or mantle, for example), and throwing them over a nearby armchair.
Then, I plop down onto the couch, and becon my girls to take a seat wherever they prefer; the armchairs, next to me on the couch, in my lap, or wherever. I'm tempted to hold the conversation on my bed, where there was plenty of space for everyone, but that would quite quickly descend into another round of sex. That's what it would boil down to anyway - no reason to delude myself - but this way I'd hopefully get some business done, first.
"From my understanding," I begin by addressing the Oni Sisters, "both of you became my handmaidens so your clan, the Red Oni, would be elevated in social status, meaning the Blue Oni would no longer be able to look down on you, though correct me if I'm wrong there. What I would like to know, is whether there is anything you two *personally* would like to get out of this arrangement, that I might be able to help with. Both of you have given yourself to me fully, and I think that should be rewarded."

I switch my attention from the sisters to the Lamia and Arachne. "Which also brings me to you. I expect both of you also have reasons and goals why you joined the competition to become my handmaidens. So, I would like to offer you a choice. You can remain as my concubines, and use the resources and priviliges afforded to you by that station to try and fulfill your goals, but I will not help or hinder you beyond that. You will succeed or fail solely on your own merits, but you will also be free to leave at any time. Or, you could pledge yourselves to me fully, including telling me your True Names, as the sisters did - or at least as fully as the magic that made them my handmaidens will allow. In return, rather than being limited to the resources and influence afforded to you by your positions as concubines, you would have my full support and protection to achieve your goals.
The choice is yours, though you don't have to make it now; take however much time you need."

I pause to take a breath, then resume talking, this time addressing all four. "Next, I have spent some time thinking of something more intimate to call you while we are amongst ourselves instead of titles, but I would first like to hear if perhaps you had any ideas or preferences of your own."

I already had pet-names in mind for them, but if they had their own ideas, I wasn't going to just force mine on them.

"My next points are less personal, in a way, and more business-related. For one, I would like to know everything you can tell me about my transformation, both in what it changed about me, and how it relates to the Handmaiden Competition and those details about it that you couldn't speak to me about before due to your oaths.

For another, someone - I forgot who - mentioned that some of the previous Emperors' Harems also were their personal staffs, to help them with their work, and I quite like that idea. So, I've been thinking on how to put your talents and experiences to the best use, but I would like your input as well."

I really wish I had something to drink right about how; all this talking was making me a bit thirsty.

"In your case," I turn towards the Lamia, "the first thing that came to mind was to build on your clerical experience and make you my personal secretary. You would then help me with general administrative work, such as going over any official letters or paperwork I'd receive and giving me a summary so I can judge how important it is, helping me set up letters and missives so they follow all the necessary formalities, or research topics and information I might deem important." I pause a bit before continuing with a suggestive smile, "I also had considered a position somewhat akin to my personal doctor, as to my understanding you are quite proficient in white magic, but... I suspect you will already have many, many chances to 'examine' me up close and personal, so the idea felt rather redundant."

"With you two," I address the Oni sisters, "it's a bit complicated. On one hand, one of your duties as my handmaidens is to be my bodyguards, but on the other I'm also supposed to send you to deal with anything I take a close personal interest in, which seems a tad contradictory. My inclination would be to have the two of you work together to set up some kind of dedicated and loyal protection-unit for me and my Harem, so there will be less of an issue when I need to send one or possibly even both of you away on some task.
At the same time, I would also like to make use of your military experience by having you work with the General to set up a specialized group of soldiers and officers whose sole duty it would be to develop and refine ways, tactics and strategies to use against our enemies; assuming such a thing doesn't already exist, of course."

Finally, I turn look at Arachne. "I'm arguably having the most trouble with you, because there are multiple ways I can think of to make use of your talents and past, and I doubt there will be time for everything.
The first would be to put your knowledge about poison, stealth and assassination to use by working with my Handmaidens on establishing the protection-unit I mentioned. You would bring a different perspective into play, which should help refine security measures taken.
The second would be to have you act as a contact with our realm's shadier groups and individuals, or even take control of them. I could think of many scenarios where having easy access to large numbers of professional thieves, assassins, smugglers, and the like would be *quite* useful. Though most likely I'd also have to talk with the Duke about this, to avoid any friction in case of overlapping responsibilities.
The third would be to have you work to bring larger numbers of your kin under our direct control. From everything I heard so far, most of them are far too busy killing and eating each other to do anything productive, which frankly sounds like a huge waste of talent and resources. In particular since in my homeworld, spider silk was a highly sought-after commodity, as it has roughly the same strength as steel, with only a fraction of the weight. If your people's silk is similar, I can think of numerous useful applications for it."
Kelenas
Kelenas

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:50 pm

Rieverre wrote:What are you talking about?
I already told them I appreciate initiative. If they have a problem, they either do something about it or tell me about it, instead of letting it stew. Even if I'm the problem. Or maybe especially if I'm the problem.[/quote]
They were trying not to be rude. You don't question a superior's action in the presence of others

Though given a chance to speak with the other two gone, the elder all but rounds on you.

"Master!" she exclaims, "While we understand your need to build your harem, traditionally these first days belong to the handmaidens so we can get to know eachother! Don't just ignore us like this!"

"Now now, sister, please calm down..." the younger then looks at you. "But she is right." She lets that sit for a moment, "We've given up our very independence for you master. In effect we are basically you wives, and while we will do our duty, please do not continue to neglect us."

That's good to know. Anyway, I'll get some lunch ordered up. Let's see if she's got a better handle on her appetites after this morning. And if the Lamia doesn't show up, have a light meal made up and sent to her.
Actually after that food fest she's pretty much retreated to a place to nap. She made a preliminary list of security exploits as she's basically been casing the joint for several days now.

Then she found a nice corner place to... well...

You are the Demon King... - Page 12 OiKH3gC

Okay, my mistake. Good job. While this isn't exactly a large sample, chances are that if they have the printing press one of these will have been made that way. If it looks like they're all hand-copied/written, then I'll ask about it. Granted, I could have done just that to begin with and been more efficient, but this way accomplishes a few things at once.
Two of them look to be printed and then illuminated after the fact. One is handwritten.

Incidentally, I ask the Younger Handmaiden if the Lamia just grabbed these at random or if she spent some time on it.
She was careful. One is a solid history book, another a masterpiece of local fiction, and the last is the memoir of the Second Handmaiden of the 27th Demon Emperor.

One of the Few Handmaidens to outlive her Emperor and not die of sorrow or in a roaring rampage of revenge.

Silver Sun 17 wrote:
Psyckosama wrote:
"Glad you like that one, all my other ideas were far to pretentious for my tastes."

"I believe so, I think I'm as recovered from that ordeal as I am going to be for the immediate future." I scan the room, trying to glean what I can.
He nods. "Very well then. Let us leave this chamber and all will be explained..."

He leads you out of the room.

It seems to be hewed from solid rock and crystal and carved into the ground, where you arrived, is an ominously glowing summoning circle...

You are the Demon King... - Page 12 FBW3Gyz

Brian Boru wrote:
"Well to be fair we DO have a large gold deposit but yes the paper isn't valuable in of itself.  There IS a story behind why we went that way but frankly my skull started hurting when we covered that topic."
"The paper I can understand as long as you do not over print. It's nothing but a bank note. The 'Fiat Currency' is inflationary nonsense."

I nod perfectly logical there.  "Alright then, first how would we go about restoring trust and second, what was lost and what would we going up against to get it back?"
"Restoring trust will be an issue of mostly putting to rest any complaints that have arisen since my fathers death. Getting it back is going to be a mixture of bribes, distractions, back patting, and naked force."

Kelenas wrote:Going to have to change that, then.
Good luck.

Entering the room, I start by taking off any of the more restrictive and uncomfortable outer garments I might be wearing as part of the "Demon Emperor" outfit (cloak or mantle, for example), and throwing them over a nearby armchair.
The cloak goes off. You swear its been moved to a hanging spot before you can blink.

Ninja maids? Razz 

Then, I plop down onto the couch, and becon my girls to take a seat wherever they prefer; the armchairs, next to me on the couch, in my lap, or wherever. I'm tempted to hold the conversation on my bed, where there was plenty of space for everyone, but that would quite quickly descend into another round of sex. That's what it would boil down to anyway - no reason to delude myself - but this way I'd hopefully get some business done, first.
They come. The Laima and Arachne look attentive. the Handmaidens are getting a bit tetchy but are obedient.

"From my understanding," I begin by addressing the Oni Sisters, "both of you became my handmaidens so your clan, the Red Oni, would be elevated in social status, meaning the Blue Oni would no longer be able to look down on you, though correct me if I'm wrong there. What I would like to know, is whether there is anything you two *personally* would like to get out of this arrangement, that I might be able to help with. Both of you have given yourself to me fully, and I think that should be rewarded."
They look at the other two and the younger speaks. "Master, we would like to speak about that in private if you would allow us.."

I switch my attention from the sisters to the Lamia and Arachne. "Which also brings me to you. I expect both of you also have reasons and goals why you joined the competition to become my handmaidens. So, I would like to offer you a choice. You can remain as my concubines, and use the resources and priviliges afforded to you by that station to try and fulfill your goals, but I will not help or hinder you beyond that. You will succeed or fail solely on your own merits, but you will also be free to leave at any time. Or, you could pledge yourselves to me fully, including telling me your True Names, as the sisters did - or at least as fully as the magic that made them my handmaidens will allow. In return, rather than being limited to the resources and influence afforded to you by your positions as concubines, you would have my full support and protection to achieve your goals.

The choice is yours, though you don't have to make it now; take however much time you need."
The Lamia nods. "That is the traditional way, sire. When one gives their True Name in service they will traditionally request a boon which the Emperor will swear to see enforced in return."

She pauses. "At the moment, I have no great aspirations but to continue my training, live well, and being honor to my family. All of which are easily done as your concubine."

The Arachne looks over. "I'll give you my name, but we need to talk about the details in private."

I pause to take a breath, then resume talking, this time addressing all four. "Next, I have spent some time thinking of something more intimate to call you while we are amongst ourselves instead of titles, but I would first like to hear if perhaps you had any ideas or preferences of your own."
"It's traditional for the Emperor to come up with pet names for his servants. Would you like our personal nicknames?"

I already had pet-names in mind for them, but if they had their own ideas, I wasn't going to just force mine on them.
They could request not to use the names...

"My next points are less personal, in a way, and more business-related. For one, I would like to know everything you can tell me about my transformation, both in what it changed about me, and how it relates to the Handmaiden Competition and those details about it that you couldn't speak to me about before due to your oaths.
They're still magically restricted from saying many of the fine details. They're magically sworn to secrecy to keep some fool from blabbing what it consists of to the world. The actual nature of the contest is secret. Get the High Priest to allow them to speak to you and they'll happily tell you everything.

For another, someone - I forgot who - mentioned that some of the previous Emperors' Harems also were their personal staffs, to help them with their work, and I quite like that idea. So, I've been thinking on how to put your talents and experiences to the best use, but I would like your input as well."
The younger sister grins. "As your handmaidens we are best suited to guard your person, command your armies, and speak for you when you need envoys as we are experts in the court..." she starts to flush.

The elder puts a hand on her shoulder. "Calm yourself little sister, but you are right... Why you could almost say we're good at almost everything..."

The Lamia scowls a bit. "I have a much more... realistic..." she gets a glare. "Grasp on my skill set. I'm a mage of middling power and have reasonable bureaucratic and library experience along with basic ritual knowledge. I believe I would serve you best in a cleric role. I have no need for grandiose power and authority. I am happier behind the scenes and content in the knowledge that I help make everything possible."

The Spider grins. "The details of what I want to be are for your ears only, sire... but for the moment I could serve as a security expert... those two hotheads..."

*GLARE*

"Might guard your body, but the best way to keep you safe is to make it so they never get within striking distance."

I really wish I had something to drink right about how; all this talking was making me a bit thirsty.
NINJA MAID!

[quote]"In your case," I turn towards the Lamia, "the first thing that came to mind was to build on your clerical experience and make you my personal secretary. You would then help me with general administrative work, such as going over any official letters or paperwork I'd receive and giving me a summary so I can judge how important it is, helping me set up letters and missives so they follow all the necessary formalities, or research topics and information I might deem important." I pause a bit before continuing with a suggestive smile, "I also had considered a position somewhat akin to my personal doctor, as to my understanding you are quite proficient in white magic, but... I suspect you will already have many, many chances to 'examine' me up close and personal, so the idea felt rather redundant."[quote]

She bows. "I will do so with great hoinor."

"With you two," I address the Oni sisters, "it's a bit complicated. On one hand, one of your duties as my handmaidens is to be my bodyguards, but on the other I'm also supposed to send you to deal with anything I take a close personal interest in, which seems a tad contradictory.
It's why they're are two of them and its mostly as an in the field thing.

[quote]My inclination would be to have the two of you work together to set up some kind of dedicated and loyal protection-unit for me and my Harem, so there will be less of an issue when I need to send one or possibly even both of you away on some task.[quote]

"Of course, master..." you can see their gears going.

[quote]At the same time, I would also like to make use of your military experience by having you work with the General to set up a specialized group of soldiers and officers whose sole duty it would be to develop and refine ways, tactics and strategies to use against our enemies; assuming such a thing doesn't already exist, of course."[quote]

"Your will be done!"

[quote]Finally, I turn look at Arachne. "I'm arguably having the most trouble with you, because there are multiple ways I can think of to make use of your talents and past, and I doubt there will be time for everything.
The first would be to put your knowledge about poison, stealth and assassination to use by working with my Handmaidens on establishing the protection-unit I mentioned. You would bring a different perspective into play, which should help refine security measures taken.[quote]

"Yeah, about that..."

He pulls out a scroll...

"This was my plan B if I failed and didn't die. I was going to try and trade this for protection..."

The second would be to have you act as a contact with our realm's shadier groups and individuals, or even take control of them. I could think of many scenarios where having easy access to large numbers of professional thieves, assassins, smugglers, and the like would be *quite* useful. Though most likely I'd also have to talk with the Duke about this, to avoid any friction in case of overlapping responsibilities.
Her smile is utterly evil. "Yeah, about that... lets talk about that when we do my name oath, okay?"

The third would be to have you work to bring larger numbers of your kin under our direct control. From everything I heard so far, most of them are far too busy killing and eating each other to do anything productive, which frankly sounds like a huge waste of talent and resources. In particular since in my homeworld, spider silk was a highly sought-after commodity, as it has roughly the same strength as steel, with only a fraction of the weight. If your people's silk is similar, I can think of numerous useful applications for it."

Basically evil laughter time...

"Sorry, m'lord... its just..."

She blushes.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:10 pm

Psyckosama wrote:"The paper I can understand as long as you do not over print. It's nothing but a bank note. The 'Fiat Currency' is inflationary nonsense."
"Maybe it is, and things can certainly go horribly wrong, but things have gone this way for so long I highly doubt it'll change anytime soon. As for overprinting..." I mention to the her the horror story about what happened to Germany between the World Wars and the banknote blocks children would use for toys....then a vague mention of what that nation did later when someone sparked that anger into an inferno.

"Restoring trust will be an issue of mostly putting to rest any complaints that have arisen since my fathers death. Getting it back is going to be a mixture of bribes, distractions, back patting, and naked force."
Seeing as I got most of the complaints during the feast I nod, "Sounds simple enough in theory though I'm sure I'll have to be walking on eggshells to keep things from turning into a grand melee, correct if I'm wrong of course."

As for the other I also agree, getting back to status quo should help stabilize things and I am honest eager to see what can be done to get back what was lost.

If I can't find anything else to discuss with her since she isn't interested in opening up to personal matters, I then ask her if she would like to give me a tour of the garden after the explanation about the brain-eater, I'm morbidly curious about the others. I offer her my arm (IF THAT'S CULTURALLY DONE!) then we take a walk through the place. After the walk and it's relatively late, we'll head for the exit and I say, "Well this was very enjoyable evening Princess I hope we can do this soon. Shall I escort you back to your quarters before I head to mine?"

Either way I then head to my own and I then go to deal with my Handmaidens and concubines.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:22 pm

Harem:

Contacts:

Pending Events:

Psyckosama wrote:They were trying not to be rude. You don't question a superior's action in the presence of others

Though given a chance to speak with the other two gone, the elder all but rounds on you.

"Master!" she exclaims, "While we understand your need to build your harem, traditionally these first days belong to the handmaidens so we can get to know eachother! Don't just ignore us like this!"

"Now now, sister, please calm down..." the younger then looks at you. "But she is right." She lets that sit for a moment, "We've given up our very independence for you master. In effect we are basically you wives, and while we will do our duty, please do not continue to neglect us."
Aaaaand here's the other shoe.

"Pray, how would I _know_ this tradition, exactly? You might have informed me beforehand. Asked for a moment in private. It's not as though I wouldn't have given it to you," I say frankly. "This entire situation is a bit new and outside of my scope of experience, for obvious reasons."

I sigh and pinch the bridge of my nose.

"There's an emotional component to the binding as well, isn't there?"

They're a lot more ... passionate about this than they would be otherwise, I think, even with Demons being naturally invested in the emotional end of the personality pool.

Actually after that food fest she's pretty much retreated to a place to nap. She made a preliminary list of security exploits as she's basically been casing the joint for several days now.

Then she found a nice corner place to... well...

You are the Demon King... - Page 12 OiKH3gC
In that case, I'll let her veg. She's been busy since she got back in control of herself, she's earned this.

Two of them look to be printed and then illuminated after the fact. One is handwritten.
Huh. Examine the two that look to be printed in more detail. Ask the sisters and/or the Lamia once she's back about printing, describing the process in simple terms if need be.

She was careful. One is a solid history book, another a masterpiece of local fiction, and the last is the memoir of the Second Handmaiden of the 27th Demon Emperor.

One of the Few Handmaidens to outlive her Emperor and not die of sorrow or in a roaring rampage of revenge.
Ooooh. Now those are going to be useful in a number of ways. ^^ I should probably skim the recent history parts of the history book first, and definitely start in-depth reading with the last one. Not only will it likely have hints as to how that Emperor used his power, it's written from the Handmaiden's perspective. That's as close to a cheat-sheet on this whole relationship as I'm going to get.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun 17 Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:02 pm

Psyckosama wrote:

He nods. "Very well then. Let us leave this chamber and all will be explained..."

He leads you out of the room.

It seems to be hewed from solid rock and crystal and carved into the ground, where you arrived, is an ominously glowing summoning circle...

You are the Demon King... - Page 12 FBW3Gyz

"I think someone is fucking with me, I've seen that array before in the images for a story from my home world."
OOC: no longer relvent please skip to my next IC post

Last edited by Silver Sun 17 on Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:53 am; edited 1 time in total

Silver Sun 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:07 pm

Silver Sun 17 wrote:"I think someone is fucking with me, I've seen that array before in the images for a story from my home world."
*ahem* Care to try this post again?

It's one thing to lapshade, its another to mock the fact that the GM has spent many hours looking and gone to the effort to put art in this thread... Evil or Very Mad 

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun 17 Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:11 pm

Psyckosama wrote:
Silver Sun 17 wrote:"I think someone is fucking with me, I've seen that array before in the images for a story from my home world."
*ahem* Care to try this post again?

It's one thing to lapshade, its another to mock the fact that the GM has spent many hours looking and gone to the effort to put art in this thread... Evil or Very Mad 
OOC: Sorry, wasn't mocking you. i was implying that something in setting is fucking with me.

Silver Sun 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 30 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 21 ... 30  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum