Giant Stompy Robots
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are the Demon King...

+5
Kelenas
Brian Boru
mithril-blade
Silver Sun 17
Ironforge
9 posters

Page 21 of 30 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 25 ... 30  Next

Go down

You are the Demon King... - Page 21 Empty Re: You are the Demon King...

Post by Rieverre Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:01 pm

Handmaidens: The Red Oni Sisters
-Kasho: Two horned Red Oni. Elder Handmaiden.
-Haisoksu: One horned Red Oni. Younger Handmaiden

Harem:
-Lamia Concubine: Archives clerk with some magical aptitude.
-Arachne Concubine: Assassin and bane of food everywhere.

Household staff:
-Halfing Chef

Contacts:
-Grand Princess of the Fire Dragon Clan (apparently with 'Blue' as part of her name)

Pending Events:
- clan meeting
- seaside vacation happy fun times

Psyckosama wrote:It is... a finishing school for high ranking demons. Mostly a place to socialize and get to know their peers. And maybe eliminate a couple rivals before they're thrown into the Shark Tank.

As well as learn the things that every ranking demon needs to know. Lots of magic, lots of history, lots of war...

... like I said, sounds nice.

"I'm just so charmed..." Ruby says in a droll tone.

"Methinks thou doth protest too much."

Blue's eyes narrow and you can almost see the lightning bolts shooting from their eyes.

"Ahem," I clear my throat, and then put my hand atop hers. "Princess, in dragon-form, that works. In human-form, it only serves to make you more adorable."

The problem is that this is less emotion and more an instinct. It's like your BODY knows how to do this automatically, but your mind keeps getting in the way.

... the whole _point_ of mnemonics is to bypass conscious thought altogether, especially when you use it to get at emotional responses. At least for me it is. Say 'Code White' to me and see me freak out.

That said, if my body knows ... then I pick a target and then start with a firebolt, and go from there on pure instinct.

Or you could do what everyone else does and get a magical weapon designed to channel your power...

And at some point, I will get my hands on a proper demonic polearm (because swords are for chumps). But there will be times where I don't have access to one. Especially if I'm playing politician. So ... yeah, basic though it may be, I want to figure out how to do it.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelenas Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:08 pm

Psyckosama wrote:"Basically. Most of those areas I mentioned are populated by friendly tribes of orcs, goblins, and human barbarians... and some even have enough resources or have captured enough good land to create actual kingdoms. In several you're worshiped as a living God."
"Huh, nice. Does that mean I have my very own scantily-clad evil priestesses as well?" Gotta admit I like the thought, unlikely as it might be.
"One of the reasons we like to try and cram large forces through temporary portals despite the risks. Easier to forage."
"Makes sense. And the fact that Demons tend to be individually stronger than other soldiers should somewhat reduces the disadvantage of our forces being so spread out, I'm guessing?"
"Bodies and blood. Bodies and blood."
"Sounds like Undead invasion are the worst for the local mortal population, then?"
"Somewhat. Everyone has their alliances. They're main advantage is about 10,000 years ago there was this big damned empire that worshiped them or some shit and managed to conquer an entire damned continent. We managed to overrun the bastards and burn 'em to the ground but cultural inertia is a thing I guess."
"That it is. It's already bad enough amongst humans; if there are longer-lived races around, like elves or dwarves maybe, it's even worse. And it probably doesn't help that the Angels can regularly go out and remind people of their 'benevolence' and 'rightousness' and how their shit smells like roses and whatnot."
"Sheer bloody killing power."

You do not like that smile.
Not sure why I wouldn't?
"Dark Elves tend to dig deep. Lava Chambers are also a thing... to the point that sometimes it can be hard to remember which side your own if you don't read the sign. Beyond that, like I said, evil kingdoms, tribes, etc."
"Any that stand out in particular?"
He shrugs. "Pirates tend to do their own thing, but on the whole they tend to go either towards us or the Spirits... though a few of them tend to be in with the undead. Most don't even bother to commit. Really, only thing they all agree on is the angels are cunts who get pissy whenever someone ties some some honest rape and pillage."
"Well, I'd plans to go on a vacation there later today with my Handmaidens, for the customary period where we get to know each other better, so I'll probably get a chance to see it for myself soon."
Kelenas
Kelenas

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:23 pm

[quote="Rieverre"]Rank: Emperor

Harem:

Household staff:
-Halfing Chef

Contacts:
-Grand Princess of the Fire Dragon Clan (apparently with 'Blue' as part of her name)

Pending Events:
- clan meeting

... like I said, sounds nice.

Heh.

"Methinks thou doth protest too much."

DEATHGLARE!

"Ahem," I clear my throat, and then put my hand atop hers. "Princess, in dragon-form, that works. In human-form, it only serves to make you more adorable."

DEATHGLARE!^2

... the whole _point_ of mnemonics is to bypass conscious thought altogether, especially when you use it to get at emotional responses. At least for me it is. Say 'Code White' to me and see me freak out.

That or you're doing SOMETHING to mess it up...

That said, if my body knows ... then I pick a target and then start with a firebolt, and go from there on pure instinct.

BOOOM!

And at some point, I will get my hands on a proper demonic polearm (because swords are for chumps).

BAH! Swords have many advantages. For example the ability to always have one at your side... and the fact they're pretty much all blade rather than blade on a stick.

But there will be times where I don't have access to one. Especially if I'm playing politician. So ... yeah, basic though it may be, I want to figure out how to do it.

Or you could carry a sword too...

Kelenas wrote:"Huh, nice. Does that mean I have my very own scantily-clad evil priestesses as well?" Gotta admit I like the thought, unlikely as it might be.

"Aye, and they'd happily sacrifice their own kin for a chance to lie on a slab, spread their thighs, and bare your half-blooded spawn."

"Makes sense. And the fact that Demons tend to be individually stronger than other soldiers should somewhat reduces the disadvantage of our forces being so spread out, I'm guessing?"

"Aye."

"Sounds like Undead invasion are the worst for the local mortal population, then?"

"Not so much... lots of grave yards and they need them warm and kickin' if they're going to feed."

"That it is. It's already bad enough amongst humans; if there are longer-lived races around, like elves or dwarves maybe, it's even worse.

"Elves are more tree huggers... Dwarves get on with the angels a bit but tend to ancestor worship."

And it probably doesn't help that the Angels can regularly go out and remind people of their 'benevolence' and 'rightousness' and how their shit smells like roses and whatnot."

"Aye. Always some bloody paladin wandering about his nose in the clouds and his head up his arse botherin' decent folk tryin' to eek out a livin'..."

Not sure why I wouldn't?

Lingering remains of your human insticts.

"Any that stand out in particular?"

"Not off the top of my head... that said I'm not a politician."

"Well, I'd plans to go on a vacation there later today with my Handmaidens, for the customary period where we get to know each other better, so I'll probably get a chance to see it for myself soon."

"I'd ask the Duke or Princess about it... I don't go there much."

Psyckosama
Admin

https://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:55 pm

Harem:

Household staff:
-Halfing Chef

Contacts:

Pending Events:
- clan meeting

Psyckosama wrote:DEATHGLARE!

DEATHGLARE!^2

"Oh? So you're both saying you would have gotten this far, this quickly, without a rival to spur you on?"

That or you're doing SOMETHING to mess it up...

Not the first time, not the last time ...

BOOOM!

Chain those suckers and eventually start lobbing Sparks.

BAH! Swords have many advantages. For example the ability to always have one at your side... and the fact they're pretty much all blade rather than blade on a stick.

Yyyeah. Swords are a _gimmick_. There are good and valid reasons why the bow and the spear were the actual _killers_ of their age, and in armored combat the mace and the hammer took the role before firearms came about. (and the Genoese crossbowmen were a thing too). Spears are better. A mediocre spearman will take a good swordsman nine times out of ten. And since I don't particularly give a flying fuck about 'nobility'? Yeah. Spear.

Or you could carry a sword too...

How about fuck no? Comparatively speaking swordfighting takes a lot longer to get good at than spearfighting, and both are equally useless if you opponent manages the merge. There is a _reason_ shield and short-spear is a thing. It's _better_.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelenas Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:07 pm

Psyckosama wrote:"Aye, and they'd happily sacrifice their own kin for a chance to lie on a slab, spread their thighs, and bare your half-blooded spawn."
"Now *there's* an enticing thought. I'm definitely looking forward to meeting some of them. Though I'd prefer they'd sacrifice our enemies rather than their own kin."
"Aye. Always some bloody paladin wandering about his nose in the clouds and his head up his arse botherin' decent folk tryin' to eek out a livin'..."
"I'm guessing they're not the only ones, though, and there's plenty of pesky adventurers running around as well?"
"Not off the top of my head... that said I'm not a politician."
"No problem; I guess I'll learn about them later, then."
"I'd ask the Duke or Princess about it... I don't go there much."
"Will do."

Which also reminds me that I should get ready for my little trip with the Handmaidens, the Princess, and her friends, so I take my leave from the General after agreeing on some lessons on mace-fighting and unarmed combat for the next day.

Then, I'll seek out my Handmaidens to tell them about the slight change in plan (ie, the Princess and her friends accompanying us), apologize and promise to make it up to them.
Kelenas
Kelenas

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Thu May 01, 2014 4:24 am

Psyckosama wrote:Best done in private.

Alright then.

So exactly what do you want to know?

Hobbies, talents, dislikes, what she does for fun, what she enjoys eating, what she doesn't, basically I want to know as much about what her, 'HER' in her private life at least as I can. No not to be a creep but I honestly want to make her comfortable with me. We DO kinda have to work with each other.

That is... rather accurate actually. Yes.

"Uh huh....lemme guess. Big focus on heavy cavalry of the landed knights and lords while the peasants just do the best they can with an emphasis on a thundering charge of couched lances and then melee?....hmm...wonder what I could do with Mongol tactics...."
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu May 01, 2014 4:30 am

Rieverre wrote:Rank: Emperor

Harem:

Household staff:
-Halfing Chef

Contacts:

Pending Events:
- clan meeting

"Oh? So you're both saying you would have gotten this far, this quickly, without a rival to spur you on?"

"We're both high nobility..."

Not the first time, not the last time ...

Heh.

Chain those suckers and eventually start lobbing Sparks.

You get basic explody down.

Yyyeah. Swords are a _gimmick_. There are good and valid reasons why the bow and the spear were the actual _killers_ of their age, and in armored combat the mace and the hammer took the role before firearms came about. (and the Genoese crossbowmen were a thing too). Spears are better. A mediocre spearman will take a good swordsman nine times out of ten. And since I don't particularly give a flying fuck about 'nobility'? Yeah. Spear.

Yet everyone fucking used them still. And even beyond that... consider this a hint.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/WrongGenreSavvy

How about fuck no? Comparatively speaking swordfighting takes a lot longer to get good at than spearfighting, and both are equally useless if you opponent manages the merge. There is a _reason_ shield and short-spear is a thing. It's _better_.

A) No.
b) You're immortal.

Frankly there's a reason everyone and their dog uses one even if only a side arm (and the word 'Side arm' is a direct reference to swords carried at the side) and its not rule of cool.

Kelenas wrote:
"Now *there's* an enticing thought. I'm definitely looking forward to meeting some of them. Though I'd prefer they'd sacrifice our enemies rather than their own kin."

"Meh." he shrugs. "To each their own. I'm sure you'll be balls deep in some dark elf slut by the end of the week."

So, you call for a meeting? Wink

"I'm guessing they're not the only ones, though, and there's plenty of pesky adventurers running around as well?"

"Aye. Though they tend to be less... singular in focus."

"No problem; I guess I'll learn about them later, then."

He nods.

Which also reminds me that I should get ready for my little trip with the Handmaidens, the Princess, and her friends, so I take my leave from the General after agreeing on some lessons on mace-fighting and unarmed combat for the next day.

Which trip again? Remind the GM.

Then, I'll seek out my Handmaidens to tell them about the slight change in plan (ie, the Princess and her friends accompanying us), apologize and promise to make it up to them.

Okay. You invite anyone else?

Full list please.

Brian Boru wrote:Hobbies, talents, dislikes, what she does for fun, what she enjoys eating, what she doesn't, basically I want to know as much about what her, 'HER' in her private life at least as I can.  No not to be a creep but I honestly want to make her comfortable with me.  We DO kinda have to work with each other.

She likes to read. She likes spicy foods and violence. She dislikes the fact that as a woman she's unable to inherit.

"Uh huh....lemme guess.  Big focus on heavy cavalry of the landed knights and lords while the peasants just do the best they can with an emphasis on a thundering charge of couched lances and then melee?....hmm...wonder what I could do with Mongol tactics...."

"Actually rather close..."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelenas Thu May 01, 2014 5:28 am

Psyckosama wrote:So, you call for a meeting? Wink
With my priestesses, or what do you mean?
Which trip again? Remind the GM.
Beach trip to the Pirate Isles.
Originally, it was meant to be just me and the Handmaidens, so we could get to know each other better, but during Breakfast with the Princess (which she invited me to), it came up how stressed she is, and I suggested taking a day off and invited her along. She accepted, and said she'd bring some friends of hers along.

The Handmaidens don't know about this change in plans, yet, so I intend to inform them, apologize, and promise to make it up to them.
For the latter I already made some preparations, asking the Demon Maids to prepare a romantic dinner for our return with lots of pies (as those are the Oni sister's favorite food, from what you told me), and might visit the kitchen to prepare something myself (because few things say "I'm sorry" better than handmade cake Very Happy).
Okay. You invite anyone else?

Full list please.
My Handmaidens (the Oni sisters), the Princess, and the Princess also wanted to bring some of her friends.
I have no idea who the latter are; I assumed you'd take the opportunity to introduce me to some new characters and potential Harem members.
Kelenas
Kelenas

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu May 01, 2014 5:36 am

Kelenas wrote:
With my priestesses, or what do you mean?

The priestesses Wink

Beach trip to the Pirate Isles.
Originally, it was meant to be just me and the Handmaidens, so we could get to know each other better, but during Breakfast with the Princess (which she invited me to), it came up how stressed she is, and I suggested taking a day off and invited her along. She accepted, and said she'd bring some friends of hers along.

Right.

The Handmaidens don't know about this change in plans, yet, so I intend to inform them, apologize, and promise to make it up to them.
For the latter I already made some preparations, asking the Demon Maids to prepare a romantic dinner for our return with lots of pies (as those are the Oni sister's favorite food, from what you told me), and might visit the kitchen to prepare something myself (because few things say "I'm sorry" better than handmade cake Very Happy).

Lets go that. Start.

My Handmaidens (the Oni sisters), the Princess, and the Princess also wanted to bring some of her friends.
I have no idea who the latter are; I assumed you'd take the opportunity to introduce me to some new characters and potential Harem members.

She's inviting Lady Seneschal.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelenas Thu May 01, 2014 6:43 am

Psyckosama wrote:The priestesses Wink
Oh, definitely! Wink
Though probably *after* the trip
Lets go that. Start.
Alright, I get some help from the Demon Maids to find them, then explain the situation to them in detail.
"I know it was meant to be just us, but the Princess really looked like she could use a break. And for what it is worth, I have every intention of making it up to you two..."
She's inviting Lady Seneschal.
Okay, sounds interesting. Looking forward to meeting her, then. Smile
Kelenas
Kelenas

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu May 01, 2014 9:36 pm

Kelenas wrote:
Oh, definitely! Wink

Though probably *after* the trip

Best scheduled now. After all, your time is valuable.

Alright, I get some help from the Demon Maids to find them, then explain the situation to them in detail.
"I know it was meant to be just us, but the Princess really looked like she could use a break. And for what it is worth, I have every intention of making it up to you two..."

They're annoyed but... well... it's expected considering everything involved.

Okay, sounds interesting. Looking forward to meeting her, then. Smile

Would you like to meet her beforehand?

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelenas Fri May 02, 2014 6:56 am

Psyckosama wrote:Best scheduled now. After all, your time is valuable.
Thought that was a given. What I meant was that any meeting would have to be scheduled for after my return from the beach-trip.
As a general outline, my plans for the near-future would be to go to the beach-trip, have fun with my Handmaidens and the Princess and her friend, then return towards the evening and have a romantic dinner with the Handmaidens. Next day, talk with the High Priest in a similar manner as I did with the Duke and Warlord, getting a better idea of the politics and other duties that might come with my station, and so on. Likewise, talk with the Seneshal if she's the one with all the information on trade and technology and so on.
After that, have a similar meeting with the Priestess(es).
That work?
They're annoyed but... well... it's expected considering everything involved.
Each of them get a hug combined with a toe-curling kiss to thank then for their understanding. And I hint that I already had an idea to make it up to them, for when we return.
Would you like to meet her beforehand?
Sure, why not?
Kelenas
Kelenas

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Sat May 03, 2014 3:10 pm

Harem:

Household staff:
-Halfing Chef

Contacts:

Pending Events:
- clan meeting
- seaside vacation happy fun times[/quote]

Psyckosama wrote:"We're both high nobility..."

Methinks she doth protest too much, but I'm not going to push it.

Regardless, after the post-meal chat is done I'd offer after dinner brandy and get to the part of business that isn't about my coffee fix.

"Specifically, I want to gather as many perspectives as I can about the upcoming clan meeting, regarding the participants and their interests. I've the feeling of walking into a trapped corridor with far too few ten foot poles and disposable minions whenever that's mentioned."

You get basic explody down.

Yay. If that's the case, I try to add a shaped charge effect to the final result. You know, directing the full force of the explosion at whatever the projectile's hit.

Yet everyone fucking used them still. And even beyond that... consider this a hint.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/WrongGenreSavvy

Meh. Everyone who could actually afford them you mean. A sword was a status symbol as well as a weapon.

Also, you cannot convince me the sword is a more appropriate weapon for a Demon Lord than a mace. Sauron has my back on this. Even in the Overlord games the maces are just so much better.

A) No.
b) You're immortal.

Frankly there's a reason everyone and their dog uses one even if only a side arm (and the word 'Side arm' is a direct reference to swords carried at the side) and its not rule of cool.

Its worst offense in this case is that it's boring. Everybody and their dog gets a magic sword at some point, it seems.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Mon May 05, 2014 11:11 pm

Kelenas wrote:Thought that was a given. What I meant was that any meeting would have to be scheduled for after my return from the beach-trip.
As a general outline, my plans for the near-future would be to go to the beach-trip, have fun with my Handmaidens and the Princess and her friend, then return towards the evening and have a romantic dinner with the Handmaidens. Next day, talk with the High Priest in a similar manner as I did with the Duke and Warlord, getting a better idea of the politics and other duties that might come with my station, and so on. Likewise, talk with the Seneshal if she's the one with all the information on trade and technology and so on.
After that, have a similar meeting with the Priestess(es).
That work?

Yes.

So, you want to talk to the Priest? Talk to the priest!

Each of them get a hug combined with a toe-curling kiss to thank then for their understanding. And I hint that I already had an idea to make it up to them, for when we return.

They want more than a kiss... :p

Sure, why not?

RP Now or after the priest?

Rieverre wrote:Rank: Emperor

Harem:

Household staff:
-Halfing Chef

Contacts:

Pending Events:
- clan meeting

Methinks she doth protest too much, but I'm not going to push it.

IF there is an RST it's very deeply hidden... :p

Regardless, after the post-meal chat is done I'd offer after dinner brandy and get to the part of business that isn't about my coffee fix.

Heh. Righto.

"Specifically, I want to gather as many perspectives as I can about the upcoming clan meeting, regarding the participants and their interests. I've the feeling of walking into a trapped corridor with far too few ten foot poles and disposable minions whenever that's mentioned."

"Any clans of great interest?"
Yay. If that's the case, I try to add a shaped charge effect to the final result. You know, directing the full force of the explosion at whatever the projectile's hit.

D10 :p

Meh. Everyone who could actually afford them you mean. A sword was a status symbol as well as a weapon.

And there's a reason. It was an extremely effective weapon but needed a lot of good metal and skill to make. And I'm suggesting it as a side arm. Go ahead and use something else as a primary.

Also, you cannot convince me the sword is a more appropriate weapon for a Demon Lord than a mace. Sauron has my back on this. Even in the Overlord games the maces are just so much better.

I always used a sword :p

Its worst offense in this case is that it's boring. Everybody and their dog gets a magic sword at some point, it seems.

No, it's really not. Spears are boring. Every motherfucker since the Paleolithic has used one :p

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Tue May 06, 2014 4:07 am

Harem:

Household staff:
-Halfing Chef

Contacts:

Pending Events:
- clan meeting
- seaside vacation happy fun times[/quote]

Psyckosama wrote:IF there is an RST it's very deeply hidden... :p

I think you just took two and two and got watermelon from what I was saying, mate. I was just commenting on that they're obviously all tsun about their rivalry having been to their benefit. I wasn't even thinking about any UST undertones ... until now.

"Any clans of great interest?"

"That's why I'm asking your opinion. I've looked into things a bit, but for the purpose of this exercise consider me to be a blank slate. I'm looking for a frank opinion regarding possible flashpoints and currently relevant issues from _your_ point of view."

And obviously, that'll also give me some idea of what the opinion of the Dragons is, currently. That's obvious enough to go without saying.

D10 :p

... at least this is less likely to explode ... I hope ...

I always used a sword :p

Heresy!

No, it's really not. Spears are boring. Every motherfucker since the Paleolithic has used one :p

And yet currently and ever since Medievalania it's always been magic sword this, magic sword that, and it's gotten boring and rote in fiction.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Tue May 06, 2014 11:07 am

just a roll trigger
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Tue May 06, 2014 11:07 am

The member 'Rieverre' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd10' : 2

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelenas Tue May 06, 2014 3:42 pm

Psyckosama wrote:So, you want to talk to the Priest? Talk to the priest!
I'll seek him out before the beach-trip, then. Basically ask him to give me an introduction into Demon Realm politics, much like what I've gotten from the Duke and the General in their respective areas.

They want more than a kiss... :p
All in good time. For now they'll have to make due with this preview. Wink

RP Now or after the priest?
After the priest. Or concurrently, if you're up for it?
Kelenas
Kelenas

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Fri May 09, 2014 11:44 pm

Alright. I need to set up for the demon clans. I'm willing to take suggestions and art in PMs.I have a number in mind but the more the merrier

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:05 am

Need to reread. I'll just go with what I've got then reply.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:56 am

Rieverre wrote:I think you just took two and two and got watermelon from what I was saying, mate. I was just commenting on that they're obviously all tsun about their rivalry having been to their benefit. I wasn't even thinking about any UST undertones ... until now.

Heh. Well, now youare...

"That's why I'm asking your opinion. I've looked into things a bit, but for the purpose of this exercise consider me to be a blank slate. I'm looking for a frank opinion regarding possible flashpoints and currently relevant issues from _your_ point of view."

And obviously, that'll also give me some idea of what the opinion of the Dragons is, currently. That's obvious enough to go without saying.

You get a sigh.

... at least this is less likely to explode ... I hope ...

She narrowly dodges out of the way and the blast hits the wall hard enough to actually blast a sizable crater in it.

"At least you've gotten power down..."

She looks a bit 'Ugh!'

"Now we'll train more once you've mastered the art of pulling your punches enough that you won't accidentally vaporize your sparing partner."

Heresy!

Razz

And yet currently and ever since Medievalania it's always been magic sword this, magic sword that, and it's gotten boring and rote in fiction.

Spears are peasant weapons. Swords are equated with nobility. There's a reason.

Kelenas wrote:I'll seek him out before the beach-trip, then. Basically ask him to give me an introduction into Demon Realm politics, much like what I've gotten from the Duke and the General in their respective areas.

The most important thing to remember is the Demon Realm isn't highly unified. You're the Demon King, but many clans resent your power and will only obey your command to the least degree that is possible to get away with. You have to be both a diplomat and a tyrant, sweet promises of reward backed by cruelty to all who disobey

All in good time. For now they'll have to make due with this preview. Wink

much with the glaring

After the priest. Or concurrently, if you're up for it?

What enviroment do you have the meeting staged in?

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun 17 Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:14 am

the site isn't working with my browser at the moment. will try again tommrow.

Silver Sun 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:20 am

Silver Sun 17 wrote:the site isn't working with my browser at the moment. will try again tommrow.

I await.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun 17 Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:21 am

huh, turns out there was an issue with my router then the site. fixed now.
Psyckosama wrote:

Silver Sun 17 wrote:
"I appreciate the intentions behind your efforts, but I think we should continue our conversation another time. the sooner i finish binding these two the sooner this farce of a tradition can be concluded."

"Or course, I..."

An 8 ft tall red skinned demon woman with full wings charges the two... only to get tail flicked out of the window by the Dragon.

"... will bid you adieu."

OOC: i need to cut down on the alert emails i get from SV.
"Good bye princess and i wish you a pleasant day." after she leaves I turn to the girl. "Now let's finish the binding before another interruption happens."

Silver Sun 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:58 am

Silver Sun 17 wrote:"Good bye princess and i wish you a pleasant day." after she leaves I turn to the girl. "Now let's finish the binding before another interruption happens."

She turns about and transforms into a humanity woman...

You are the Demon King... - Page 21 WekEYa3

And exits with all the poise and decorum of her high station.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:43 am

Psyckosama wrote:You get a sigh.

"This is what advisers are supposed to do. Advise."

She narrowly dodges out of the way and the blast hits the wall hard enough to actually blast a sizable crater in it.

"At least you've gotten power down..."

She looks a bit 'Ugh!'

"Now we'll train more once you've mastered the art of pulling your punches enough that you won't accidentally vaporize your sparing partner."

She's just a little bundle of sunshine and joy isn't she?

Spears are peasant weapons. Swords are equated with nobility. There's a reason.

Yeah, they were effective against peasants/light armor. Anything more than that and you had to resort to adlibbing with morte strikes, polearms or blunt weapons.

Meh. Considering genre conventions I'll likely end up with a mace anyway.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:09 am

Rieverre wrote:"This is what advisers are supposed to do. Advise."

"Touche," the princess remarks. "Do understand that your power is not absolute. Your authority depends extremely highly on the clan in question. You are, for example, the undisputed master of the Humanoid Demons, but a number of clans and other Overlords are bound to you through complicated feudal arrangement. They know yours is the final will, but the degree of their submission can differ strongly greatly depending on the Emperor in question."

She takes a sip of wine.

"My clan for example, we have always seen ourselves as allies of the Line of Dark Lords, from the first Emperor who allied with the founder of my line. All of his conquests were performed from his back... and in exchange for his local service my ancestor was made the most exalted of his lords and given one tenth the wealth of the conquered realms for his hoard.

She slips again. "I wonder, will you be taking a Dragon partner? The practice has fallen out of favor in the last few generations..."

"That's because the last Demon Emperor to ride a dragon was EATEN by his dragon. Plus your illustrious sire was of the BLACK dragon line... and it was they who were the mounts of the demon kings. And your line hasn't produced a proper black dragon in millennia."

Her voice turns to honey. "Or is that your plan. You wish to become his mount? Or do you rather wish for him to mount you in hopes that his imperial seed will awaken the demons blood hiding within the blood of your diluted line..."

She goes into a blushing sputtering mess then leaps to her feet growling with the depth and volume of a pissed off Tyrannosaurus.

She's just a little bundle of sunshine and joy isn't she?

"I like being alive, and it would do the realm no good if you were to accidentally kill me, and I have no wish to be on the business end of the resulting complications..."

Always... and this song seems to kinda fit...

Yeah, they were effective against peasants/light armor. Anything more than that and you had to resort to adlibbing with morte strikes, polearms or blunt weapons.

Meh. Considering genre conventions I'll likely end up with a mace anyway.

Heh. Maybe. Though remember, fantasy... even retarded swords are functional here. Somehow.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:32 am

Psyckosama wrote:"Touche," the princess remarks. "Do understand that your power is not absolute. Your authority depends extremely highly on the clan in question. You are, for example, the undisputed master of the Humanoid Demons, but a number of clans and other Overlords are bound to you through complicated feudal arrangement. They know yours is the final will, but the degree of their submission can differ strongly greatly depending on the Emperor in question."

Nod. "I can work with that, I think. Should diplomacy break down, I imagine simply giving them a sword is still an option? That's refreshingly straightforward."

Granted, if I intend to go that way I'll have to train more.

She takes a sip of wine.

"My clan for example, we have always seen ourselves as allies of the Line of Dark Lords, from the first Emperor who allied with the founder of my line. All of his conquests were performed from his back... and in exchange for his local service my ancestor was made the most exalted of his lords and given one tenth the wealth of the conquered realms for his hoard.

"Seems like a fair deal. Take the risks and reap the rewards."

She slips again. "I wonder, will you be taking a Dragon partner? The practice has fallen out of favor in the last few generations..."

"That's because the last Demon Emperor to ride a dragon was EATEN by his dragon. Plus your illustrious sire was of the BLACK dragon line... and it was they who were the mounts of the demon kings. And your line hasn't produced a proper black dragon in millennia."

I raise a hand to stop them right there. "I can only assume the color has something to do with bloodline and inherent abilities, but this will warrant some explanation."

Her voice turns to honey. "Or is that your plan. You wish to become his mount? Or do you rather wish for him to mount you in hopes that his imperial seed will awaken the demons blood hiding within the blood of your diluted line..."

She goes into a blushing sputtering mess then leaps to her feet growling with the depth and volume of a pissed off Tyrannosaurus.

Yeah, this has probably gone a bit far. Much as I'd like to see the result of a clash like this, it's probably something best had whilst not in the vicinity of breakables. Like cities, dark citadels, or, you know, me.

I slam a hand into the table and say, perfectly level but sharply: "It's bad form to goad a guest into breaking hospitality."

"I like being alive, and it would do the realm no good if you were to accidentally kill me, and I have no wish to be on the business end of the resulting complications..."

"Well then, seem like I have a new goal to work towards."

At least I know I can follow through on any threats I make now, though the follow through seems like it will most likely result in whoever it's aimed at being reduced to their component atoms ...

Heh. Maybe. Though remember, fantasy... even retarded swords are functional here. Somehow.

Ow. I can only imagine how some of those must look. Avoiding breaking down in helpless laughter shall be a trial.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:22 am

Rieverre wrote:Nod. "I can work with that, I think. Should diplomacy break down, I imagine simply giving them a sword is still an option? That's refreshingly straightforward."

"Violence is always a solution, not always the best, but if you use enough often the definitive one."

Granted, if I intend to go that way I'll have to train more.

You're a magical dark lord, dude...

"Seems like a fair deal. Take the risks and reap the rewards."

"Indeed," she smiles, "You will find our clan to be very loyal, unless you attempt to undercut the agreement."

"Are you sure dinner is a wise place to debate treachery?"

"Hardly treachery. We protect our interests as does everyone else and we entered royal service under specific conditions and as long as those conditions are met we are loyal. We dragons are greedy beings who live to dominate all lesser beings... but our word binds us as tightly as any demonic contract. Farther still perhaps because we are driven to follow the spirit of an agreement, not simply the words."

She looks at you. "The Black Dreads oath urges my kindred to follow you as long as you follow the very same oath. If anything we're less of a threat to the Imperial person than any of the other major clans as we've made fewer attempts on the lives of previous emperors than any others. It is just that our attempts by the whole... successful."

I raise a hand to stop them right there. "I can only assume the color has something to do with bloodline and inherent abilities, but this will warrant some explanation."

"Black Dragons are one of the highest form of Fire Dragon... They breath not just flame, but true Hellfire. Many believe that ability was rooted in partial Demonic Blood."

Yeah, this has probably gone a bit far. Much as I'd like to see the result of a clash like this, it's probably something best had whilst not in the vicinity of breakables. Like cities, dark citadels, or, you know, me.

I slam a hand into the table and say, perfectly level but sharply: "It's bad form to goad a guest into breaking hospitality."

The dragon princess snots. A small jet of flame shoots from her nose. "Yes... well... if treachery is your concern, then look only to the Dark Elves. They serve you only out of desire for access to the demonic powers of this realm and the service of its lesser denizens."

The princess frowns. "But they are effective soldiers and their tribute always arrives on time and in exactly the amount agreed upon..." she pauses, "Sometimes more if they feel it has been a good season and they're feeling transparent in their attempts to curry favor."

"Well then, seem like I have a new goal to work towards."

"I will have a flock of imps sent down for target practice."

At least I know I can follow through on any threats I make now, though the follow through seems like it will most likely result in whoever it's aimed at being reduced to their component atoms ...

Yeah... dark lord powers, j0!

Ow. I can only imagine how some of those must look. Avoiding breaking down in helpless laughter shall be a trial.[/quote]

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelenas Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:25 am

Psyckosama wrote:The most important thing to remember is the Demon Realm isn't highly unified. You're the Demon King, but many clans resent your power and will only obey your command to the least degree that is possible to get away with. You have to be both a diplomat and a tyrant, sweet promises of reward backed by cruelty to all who disobey
I'll keep that in mind, thanks.
Any clans that are particularly resentful and likely to cause trouble and that I should keep an eye on?
What enviroment do you have the meeting staged in?
Depends on what you mean here? Atmosphere (ie, level of formality/casualness, etc), location, things like that?
Kelenas
Kelenas

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 30 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 25 ... 30  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum