Giant Stompy Robots
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are the Demon King...

+5
Kelenas
Brian Boru
mithril-blade
Silver Sun 17
Ironforge
9 posters

Page 25 of 30 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 30  Next

Go down

You are the Demon King... - Page 25 Empty Re: You are the Demon King...

Post by Rieverre Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:41 am

Psyckosama wrote:"Depends on money and how many people do we have to eliminate afterwards?

"... let's assume we aren't going to be killing off whoever ends up helping with putting everything in," at her surprised look I elaborate: "That would be counterproductive, potentially leading to more attempts on my life down the line?"

"I'll need to see the designs in detail."

She's handed blueprints that seem to be doodled on a napkin.

"You know," I tell the Arachne quietly, "nobody would have scolded or punished you had you requested proper materials."

If the napkin blueprints are really confusing I have someone get her said proper writing materials so she can make a clearer copy.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelenas Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:45 am

Psyckosama wrote:Demon Chicks, dude. Demon Chicks. They don't do average.
So, either one extreme or the other? I'm rather glad I didn't meet any on the opposite end of the hotness spectrum, then.
You have to get to the portal before you can cross it, don't you?

You rather walk? :p
I had the impression the portal could be access from anywhere. But it's fine, too; this way I get to see my spiffy ship. Very Happy

Depending on how long the journey takes, I spend some time exploring the ship and getting a layman's explanation for how it works (because I sure as hell won't be able to keep up with any technical explanations involving magic).

I also take the time to give my Handmaidens another "preview" on my making it up to them that I involved the Princess and her friend in our trip.

Lastly, the remaining time I try and chat with Ruby-Eyes and the Lady Seneshal, if they allow it, trying to get to know them a bit better.
Kelenas
Kelenas

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun 17 Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:37 pm

Psyckosama wrote:

My mistake. It's hard to keep track.

Remind me please.
OOC: I asked the maid to get clothing for me and my handmaidians so we can can go to meet with the high priest.

Silver Sun 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:30 am

Brian Boru wrote:From in the crater, "And...now...you...see...why...I...need...help...

A cloud of smoke pops out.

"Are you too tired to perform?" she asks.

:p

Rieverre wrote:"... let's assume we aren't going to be killing off whoever ends up helping with putting everything in," at her surprised look I elaborate: "That would be counterproductive, potentially leading to more attempts on my life down the line?"

She looks confused.

"You know," I tell the Arachne quietly, "nobody would have scolded or punished you had you requested proper materials."

If the napkin blueprints are really confusing I have someone get her said proper writing materials so she can make a clearer copy.

Honestly it looks like some kind of crudely drawn pictograph.

Kelenas wrote:So, either one extreme or the other? I'm rather glad I didn't meet any on the opposite end of the hotness spectrum, then.

They can be downright mannish. And terrifying. Kinda like that one school girl from A-Ko...

I had the impression the portal could be access from anywhere. But it's fine, too; this way I get to see my spiffy ship. Very Happy

And it is VERY spiffy.

Depending on how long the journey takes, I spend some time exploring the ship and getting a layman's explanation for how it works (because I sure as hell won't be able to keep up with any technical explanations involving magic).

Day or so at a good clip. Whatquestions do you ask?

I also take the time to give my Handmaidens another "preview" on my making it up to them that I involved the Princess and her friend in our trip.

Heh. The boat rocks. Or at least it would if it wasn't a massive armored stone monster ship.

Lastly, the remaining time I try and chat with Ruby-Eyes and the Lady Seneshal, if they allow it, trying to get to know them a bit better.

They will allow it. Topics?

Silver Sun 17 wrote:OOC: I asked the maid to get clothing for me and my handmaidians so we can can go to meet with the high priest.

Right, you're brought a simple set of extremely well made clothes while the girls are eventually woken up and brought... well... looks like fetish wear.

The Priest is waiting for you at breakfast.

"Your grace."

Psyckosama
Admin

https://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:21 am

Psyckosama wrote:A cloud of smoke pops out.

"Are you too tired to perform?" she asks.

:p

Wrenching myself out of the crater I have a set look to my face, "No Princess, I have no intention of calling it quits just yet. Whether it takes 100 or 1000 times to get this right I'm going to keep right on going. If I quit now then I'm never going to succeed at this."

Brian Boru carried out 1 launched of one d10 :
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelenas Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:40 am

Psyckosama wrote:They can be downright mannish. And terrifying. Kinda like that one school girl from A-Ko...
Yeah, think I'll pass...
Day or so at a good clip. Whatquestions do you ask?
Mh... at a glance, its propulsion, how it keeps itself in the air, what kind of defenses and armaments it has, communication, and maybe any detection abilities.
Heh. The boat rocks. Or at least it would if it wasn't a massive armored stone monster ship.
Heh.
They will allow it. Topics?
Mh, some general stuff. How long they've known each other and been friends. How/why the Lady Seneshal came to achieve the position she has. If they have any specific plans for how to spend their day once we've arrived. That sort of thing.
Kelenas
Kelenas

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:18 am

Psyckosama wrote:She looks confused.

I'd assumed she'd meant how many disposable helpers she'd have to put everything in.

Honestly it looks like some kind of crudely drawn pictograph.

Well, it probably makes sense to her, and I know she can write otherwise she wouldn't have suggested sending that thank-you note to the princess a few days ago ... fortunately, I have on hand a dedicated scholar who can help her make a more standardized and legible version of this blueprint. If the Lamia isn't here I'll send for her, and once she is I'll instruct her to work with the Arachne on that.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:16 pm

Brian Boru wrote:
Wrenching myself out of the crater I have a set look to my face, "No Princess, I have no intention of calling it quits just yet.  Whether it takes 100 or 1000 times to get this right I'm going to keep right on going. If I quit now then I'm never going to succeed at this."

And you blow yourself up again...

"And at this rate we will be cleaning you up with a mop."

Kelenas wrote:
Yeah, think I'll pass...

You sure?

You are the Demon King... - Page 25 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTud3_a68_dM6uM4YkBbQ1brC8XPRAMSa6lUe5KFrqe7Nm4Zt8i

Mh... at a glance, its propulsion, how it keeps itself in the air,

Magic.

what kind of defenses and armaments it has,

Also magic.

communication,

Again magic.

and maybe any detection abilities.

Mk1 Eyeball, and you guessed it... MAGIC! Very Happy *claps*

Seriously though, it uses a complicated series of spells to float and fly.

It's defenses are a collection of mechanical ballistic weapons and fixed fireball staff cannons (basically a giant wand of Fireball) with some cannon (though they dislike dealing with explosives because Demons are beings of FIRE). Along with thick armor and warding against magic

Communications is mostly shouting and some divination spells and crystal balls for long range

sensors... scrying and lookouts.

Mh, some general stuff. How long they've known each other and been friends.

Childhood.

How/why the Lady Seneshal came to achieve the position she has.

As a daughter of the imperial house it was her duty to serve the family.

If they have any specific plans for how to spend their day once we've arrived. That sort of thing.

Laying on the beach, playing in the waves... they don't see the sun much.

Rieverre wrote:I'd assumed she'd meant how many disposable helpers she'd have to put everything in.

Oh. It sounded like you were speaking up against the concept.

Well, it probably makes sense to her, and I know she can write otherwise she wouldn't have suggested sending that thank-you note to the princess a few days ago ... fortunately, I have on hand a dedicated scholar who can help her make a more standardized and legible version of this blueprint. If the Lamia isn't here I'll send for her, and once she is I'll instruct her to work with the Arachne on that.

Actually she admits she had help writing the note. She's functionally illiterate.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelenas Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:13 pm

Psyckosama wrote:You sure?

You are the Demon King... - Page 25 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTud3_a68_dM6uM4YkBbQ1brC8XPRAMSa6lUe5KFrqe7Nm4Zt8i
I don't have anything against muscular women. But that particular example? Most definitely!

Seriously though, it uses a complicated series of spells to float and fly.  

It's defenses are a collection of mechanical ballistic weapons and fixed fireball staff cannons (basically a giant wand of Fireball) with some cannon (though they dislike dealing with explosives because Demons are beings of FIRE). Along with thick armor and warding against magic

Communications is mostly shouting and some divination spells and crystal balls for long range

sensors... scrying and lookouts.
"Lookouts" here probably not just meaning a few guys in crows' nests, but possibly also flight-capable demons that are fast enough to move some distance from the ship and return if they spot something?

If they dislike the cannons due to the blackpowder, I'm guessing they don't have percussion caps or self-contained shells, yet.

I'd also expect that the amount of magic and enchantment would make airships like this pretty expensive and difficult to make. Or is this one only so magic-heavy because it's the Emperor's personal ship, and the rest uses balloons or the like to keep themselves afloat?

Childhood.

As a daughter of the imperial house it was her duty to serve the family.

Laying on the beach, playing in the waves... they don't see the sun much.
Wow. I got more information on the ship than on my future wife and her best friend. Monosyllabic much? Razz

More seriously, I avoid any more questions about the childhood, because it might remind Ruby of her father and thus make her sad.
Instead, I ask Lady Seneshal and Ruby a bit more about their education, what they studied and how, and in turn tell them a bit about my own time at school.

And for their plans once we've arrived, I kinda wonder if Beach Volleyball is a Thing(tm) here...
Kelenas
Kelenas

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:55 pm

[quote="Psyckosama"]And you blow yourself up again...

"And at this rate we will be cleaning you up with a mop."[/quote[

"One...more...time..."

Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:11 pm

Psyckosama wrote:Actually she admits she had help writing the note. She's functionally illiterate.

Well, regardless, the Lamia can work with her on that. She's the new project, in that respect.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:36 pm

Kelenas wrote:I don't have anything against muscular women. But that particular example? Most definitely!

But freaky muscule mutants need love too..

"Lookouts" here probably not just meaning a few guys in crows' nests, but possibly also flight-capable demons that are fast enough to move some distance from the ship and return if they spot something?

Yes. Normally there are out-riders.

If they dislike the cannons due to the blackpowder, I'm guessing they don't have percussion caps or self-contained shells, yet.

Actually most are magical. The ball and powder are summoned magically.

I'd also expect that the amount of magic and enchantment would make airships like this pretty expensive and difficult to make. Or is this one only so magic-heavy because it's the Emperor's personal ship, and the rest uses balloons or the like to keep themselves afloat?

No, common spell suite. Just most aren't massive, terrifying edifices of enchanted volcanic rock like this one.

Wow. I got more information on the ship than on my future wife and her best friend. Monosyllabic much? Razz

More they consider these things relatively obvious.

More seriously, I avoid any more questions about the childhood, because it might remind Ruby of her father and thus make her sad.
Instead, I ask Lady Seneshal and Ruby a bit more about their education, what they studied and how, and in turn tell them a bit about my own time at school.

They went to the royal academy where the princess focused on dark magic and economics and she mastered her management skills and combat abilities. She made sure to aid the princess in all things.

She's very loyal.

And for their plans once we've arrived, I kinda wonder if Beach Volleyball is a Thing(tm) here...

Haven't heard of it. What's it like?

Brian Boru wrote:
"One...more...time..."

You find yourself getting restrained by your handmiaderns.

"No, master, I think you've done enough..."

Rieverre wrote:
Well, regardless, the Lamia can work with her on that. She's the new project, in that respect.

M... kay...so what now?

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:41 pm

Psyckosama wrote:M... kay...so what now?

Headpat/kiss the Arachne because everything else aside I am impressed, and retire to cuddle my handmaidens and do some reading while the review is being prepared. I really didn't have plans for the day, but yeah, I need to spend more time with them. I'm thinking of updating my schedule and just setting aside a portion of the day, either morning or evening, and just labeling it 'us time'.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:46 pm

Rieverre wrote:Headpat/kiss the Arachne because everything else aside I am impressed,

She beams. "So I did good?"

and retire to cuddle my handmaidens and do some reading while the review is being prepared.

I take it by "cuddle" you mean "rough sex"

I really didn't have plans for the day, but yeah, I need to spend more time with them.

And they're pleased. You do anything else with them Wink

I'm thinking of updating my schedule and just setting aside a portion of the day, either morning or evening, and just labeling it 'us time'.

They'll appreciate that.

Anyways... if you justwait for the review you're eventually lead into the throne room where you see a line of guards, staff, and maids... all in formation.

And of course, 4 men in dragon themed armor who seem maybe a little less disciplined but from the palpable aura of "done gonna kick your ass" probably have earned it.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:02 pm

Psyckosama wrote:She beams. "So I did good?"

I just nod and kiss her. Then send her off to work with the Lamia. Did I mention I like how competent she is? I must have ^^ If not, I'm doing so now.

I take it by "cuddle" you mean "rough sex"

Spider-silk ropes might be involved. In the same way a sea might be wet or a mountain might be large.

And they're pleased. You do anything else with them Wink

Before the review? No. After. Well, they've got a military background. I was going to add some actual martial training to my schedule. They're Oni, right? They should know their way around a tetsubo fairly well. And other than a sword as my sidearm, I think a mace/tetsubo as a main arm would be best. I do love blunt trauma.

They'll appreciate that.

Anyways... if you justwait for the review you're eventually lead into the throne room where you see a line of guards, staff, and maids... all in formation.

And of course, 4 men in dragon themed armor who seem maybe a little less disciplined but from the palpable aura of "done gonna kick your ass" probably have earned it.

The handmaidens are here with me and I call up the Lady Seneschal to introduce the chief maids and guards to me. Similarly, I have Blue introduce her bodyguard to me.

For the guardsmen/bodyguards, I pick some out at random and have them present arms and tell me a little about their training or where they got them if they're sufficiently exotic.

... I do linger around the maids longer though. Before I give the Seneschal, Blue and my handmaidens a sheepish look.

"What can I say? I like cute maids."

Anyway, yes, I do take the review seriously and speak to the people/demons there about their days and their jobs with genuine interest.

... even if I do hum/sing 'Everybody ought to have a maid' when I'm walking.

... what?
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:07 pm

Rieverre wrote:I just nod and kiss her. Then send her off to work with the Lamia. Did I mention I like how competent she is? I must have ^^ If not, I'm doing so now.

Can she have a reward?

EIGHT puppy dog eyes. EIGHT!

Spider-silk ropes might be involved. In the same way a sea might be wet or a mountain might be large.

Heh.

Before the review? No. After. Well, they've got a military background. I was going to add some actual martial training to my schedule. They're Oni, right? They should know their way around a tetsubo fairly well. And other than a sword as my sidearm, I think a mace/tetsubo as a main arm would be best. I do love blunt trauma.

They can train you, but Tetsubo are more a "guy" thing with Oni... and you honestly don't quite have the build.

The handmaidens are here with me and I call up the Lady Seneschal to introduce the chief maids and guards to me. Similarly, I have Blue introduce her bodyguard to me.

You're introduced.

... Please don't force the GM to come up with a half dozen new characters on the fly...

For the guardsmen/bodyguards, I pick some out at random and have them present arms and tell me a little about their training or where they got them if they're sufficiently exotic.

You're told. Generally most of them are humanoid demons and generally their training is very harsh and unforgiving. They can take it... so they're basically put through hell :p

... I do linger around the maids longer though. Before I give the Seneschal, Blue and my handmaidens a sheepish look.

"What can I say? I like cute maids."

"Most do," replies the Seneschal calmly.

Anyway, yes, I do take the review seriously and speak to the people/demons there about their days and their jobs with genuine interest.

They're pleased to answer... you're showing more attention than your predecessor, that is for sure.

... even if I do hum/sing 'Everybody ought to have a maid' when I'm walking.

... what?

*sigh*

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:27 pm

Psyckosama wrote:Can she have a reward?

EIGHT puppy dog eyes. EIGHT!

What would she like? Though she'd have to talk to the handmaidens about arranging a timeslot if it's that kind of reward. I've been kind of an asshole about giving them the alone time they clearly want and I want to make up for it at least somewhat.

They can train you, but Tetsubo are more a "guy" thing with Oni... and you honestly don't quite have the build.

Well, any kind of mace really. It's kind of obligatory for Evil Overlords in my opinion ... and I just plain like them. I can probably supplement any lack of physique with bullshit magic.

Anyway, what can they train me in?

You're introduced.

... Please don't force the GM to come up with a half dozen new characters on the fly...

I'm not, I just said that to not be an asshole to them.

You're told. Generally most of them are humanoid demons and generally their training is very harsh and unforgiving. They can take it... so they're basically put through hell :p

Huh. Shiny. They're probably a lot more skilled than their equivalents in most other places then. It's nice to know I've got that as backstop.

"Most do," replies the Seneschal calmly.

"You'd have to be particularly cruel not to. Especially in these uniforms," I grin. "Lovely and competent."

I give credit where it's due - the competent part, the Seneschal likely had to work at/has to work at near constantly. Really they're quite excellent.

Finally, hmm ... is a skill demonstration part of the review. I'd like to see the guardsmen/bodyguards drilling. Get a better idea what's usual in this setting.

They're pleased to answer... you're showing more attention than your predecessor, that is for sure.

Well, these are the people who handle the day to day at my FORTRESS OF DOOM ... I'm damn well going to want to be on good terms with them because my life may eventually very well depend on it.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:30 pm

Psyckosama wrote:You find yourself getting restrained by your handmiaderns.

"No, master, I think you've done enough..."

And with that the dead-man determination disappears and I'm likely about to keel over here.

"So...maybe I need to find some other spells to work with...either that or just stick to combat and let the professionals deal with spells.  Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to walk out of here with my head up and conserve what little dignity I still have."
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:49 am

Rieverre wrote:What would she like? Though she'd have to talk to the handmaidens about arranging a timeslot if it's that kind of reward. I've been kind of an asshole about giving them the alone time they clearly want and I want to make up for it at least somewhat.  

They expect you to be busy.

Well, any kind of mace really. It's kind of obligatory for Evil Overlords in my opinion ... and I just plain like them. I can probably supplement any lack of physique with bullshit magic.

They are? Maces they mean. Most just use swords.

Anyway, what can they train me in?

Pretty much everything actually, its just not a speciality.

I'm not, I just said that to not be an asshole to them.

Okay. Cool

Huh. Shiny. They're probably a lot more skilled than their equivalents in most other places then. It's nice to know I've got that as backstop.

Advantage to immortality there...and being VERY hard to keep down.

"You'd have to be particularly cruel not to. Especially in these uniforms," I grin. "Lovely and competent."

I give credit where it's due - the competent part, the Seneschal likely had to work at/has to work at near constantly. Really they're quite excellent.

You have their thanks. The maids seem disciplined but there's that playful undertone to all of them.

Blue takes the moment to whisper to you, "Humanoid type demons tend to have an issue with obsessions. They become single minded, focusing on one or two fields with absolute focus. They can be well rounded, but there will always be one thing at which they excel at above all others. Even we of the Dragon Blood, naturally proficient at all things find their dedication impressive."

Finally, hmm ... is a skill demonstration part of the review. I'd like to see the guardsmen/bodyguards drilling. Get a better idea what's usual in this setting.

Well, to be honest none of them drill very well. They're demons and as demons fighting as a formation or even set drill is VERY hard for them and pretty much brings up instinctual issues. Instead you're shown feats of martial skill.

the bodguards on the otherhand simply transform... very... very...very big... oh BIG!

Well, these are the people who handle the day to day at my FORTRESS OF DOOM ... I'm damn well going to want to be on good terms with them because my life may eventually very well depend on it.

Sound logic...

Brian Boru wrote:And with that the dead-man determination disappears and I'm likely about to keel over here.

"So...maybe I need to find some other spells to work with...either that or just stick to combat and let the professionals deal with spells.  Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to walk out of here with my head up and conserve what little dignity I still have."

"Do not be so dramatic," the princess snarks, "Magic is not a simple art and your problem seems to be more power than control."

The handmaidens nod. "We have not had a chance to get him started on meditation."

"See that iti s done. Summoning new emperors is expensive and this one seems to not be an idiot."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:32 am

Psyckosama wrote:They expect you to be busy.

Well, we've covered that the bond is also emotional in nature already, and while they might expect me to be busy how they feel about it is likely another matter.

Anyway, what would the Arachne like as reward? Food, she has already. Sex wouldn't necessarily count. Funds ... well, she mostly just has to ask and really already did for the traps. She'll be going on vacation ... err, recon. It's totally recon. Ahem, she'll be going with us anyway.

And I don't know enough about pretty baubles to reliably pick out something for her ... it'd probably end up being something as cheesy as a spiderweb pattern silver choker.

They are? Maces they mean. Most just use swords.

"They're somewhat iconic in certain works of fiction back home. Swords are too, really, but to me Overlord means 'well, I should grab a mace'. It's likely just personal preference ..." I shrug. "A shortsword of some kind would be good too, as a sidearm."

Pretty much everything actually, its just not a speciality.

Shortsword and mace it is then, starting with whatever's easier to get the hang of for me, which is likely the mace. Not that it's likely all that easy anyway, but comparatively.

You have their thanks. The maids seem disciplined but there's that playful undertone to all of them.

Blue takes the moment to whisper to you, "Humanoid type demons tend to have an issue with obsessions. They become single minded, focusing on one or two fields with absolute focus. They can be well rounded, but there will always be one thing at which they excel at above all others. Even we of the Dragon Blood, naturally proficient at all things find their dedication impressive."

Remembering the number of times my handmaidens and concubines have ended up tied up with spider-silk rope ... well, I think it's affecting me too.

Wait, no, that's not because I'm a demon, it's because I'm a pervert.

I nod. "I see. That's rather useful to know. I wonder, has this applied to past summoned Emperors as well?"

Well, to be honest none of them drill very well. They're demons and as demons fighting as a formation or even set drill is VERY hard for them and pretty much brings up instinctual issues. Instead you're shown feats of martial skill.

the bodguards on the otherhand simply transform... very... very...very big... oh BIG!

I can only imagine. Since they _are_ bodyguards, likely bigger than Blue's dragon-form? Either way, very wow-worthy. Did any of their equipment transform with them? Because the only thing more impressive than a fuckoffhuge dragon is likely to be a fuckoff huge dragon in appropriately fuckoff huge armor.

"I'm certainly impressed," I comment to Blue. "It's one thing hearing about it, another thing entirely to witness this kind of martial prowess and power."

Then I give her a sidelong glance and grin. "Even though I've seen some of the power of _a_ dragon before."

Yeah, okay, I'm laying it on a little thick here.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelenas Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:42 am

Psyckosama wrote:Actually most are magical. The ball and powder are summoned magically.
Sounds cool, though I'm guessing that guns capable of that are a good deal more expensive than nonmagical ones?
No, common spell suite. Just most aren't massive, terrifying edifices of enchanted volcanic rock like this one.
Point. Hm, still wondering if using balloons couldn't make the more common airships cheaper, and thus potentially greater in number. Especially since, with me pretty much gainin control of the Arachne, silk should be fairly plentiful.
More they consider these things relatively obvious.
Mh, from their perspective, true. Guess it'd be the same for many things they'd ask me.
They went to the royal academy where the princess focused on dark magic and economics and she mastered her management skills and combat abilities. She made sure to aid the princess in all things.
Combat? Okay, that got my interest; what form of combat did she study?
I'm also curious how big this academy is, and what other skills and knowledge it teaches.
She's very loyal.
Obviously, and quite praiseworthy.
Haven't heard of it. What's it like?
"It's a fairly simple ballgame; two teams of two players, a field, and a high net or something similar in the middle dividing it. You can only hit the ball with your hands, and the goal is to maneuver the ball over the net so it'll touch the ground in the opposing team's field, while preventing it from doing so in your own."
Kelenas
Kelenas

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:03 am

Psyckosama wrote:"Do not be so dramatic," the princess snarks, "Magic is not a simple art and your problem seems to be more power than control."

The handmaidens nod. "We have not had a chance to get him started on meditation."

"See that iti s done. Summoning new emperors is expensive and this one seems to not be an idiot."

A back handed complement if there ever was one. But I'll TAKE IT!

Nod and drag my battered and bruised backside to bed, I think I need to sleep this off for a while, then IMMEDIATELY start meditation sessions ASAP, blowing myself up isn't fun.

I do ask hilarity with magic work aside, what her assessment of me is.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun 17 Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:11 pm

Right, you're brought a simple set of extremely well made clothes while the girls are eventually woken up and brought... well... looks like fetish wear.

The Priest is waiting for you at breakfast.

"Your grace."
"Good morning High priest." I greet the priest as my eyes sweep the room for anyone else of note.

Silver Sun 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:33 am

Rieverre wrote:Well, we've covered that the bond is also emotional in nature already, and while they might expect me to be busy how they feel about it is likely another matter.

Under most emperors they'd have had a while as uncontested center of your attention, ideally while you fucked a couple heirs into them...

You're not most emperors.

Anyway, what would the Arachne like as reward? Food, she has already. Sex wouldn't necessarily count. Funds ... well, she mostly just has to ask and really already did for the traps. She'll be going on vacation ... err, recon. It's totally recon. Ahem, she'll be going with us anyway.

Chocolate. Full stop.

And I don't know enough about pretty baubles to reliably pick out something for her ... it'd probably end up being something as cheesy as a spiderweb pattern silver choker.

That would be cheesy...

"They're somewhat iconic in certain works of fiction back home. Swords are too, really, but to me Overlord means 'well, I should grab a mace'. It's likely just personal preference ..." I shrug. "A shortsword of some kind would be good too, as a sidearm."

The giggle when you mention a short sword.

"Good one, master..."

Shortsword and mace it is then, starting with whatever's easier to get the hang of for me, which is likely the mace. Not that it's likely all that easy anyway, but comparatively.

You should check the armory first. You might find something you like.

Remembering the number of times my handmaidens and concubines have ended up tied up with spider-silk rope ... well, I think it's affecting me too.

Wait, no, that's not because I'm a demon, it's because I'm a pervert.

Or both... feeding into eachother.

I nod. "I see. That's rather useful to know. I wonder, has this applied to past summoned Emperors as well?"

"Eventually, but never as strongly as the born."

I can only imagine. Since they _are_ bodyguards, likely bigger than Blue's dragon-form?

She's a younger female. Of noble blood, so she grows faster than most... but these are older males. She's sleek and deadly looking in her form... they're muscle bound and covered in thick plate like scales.

Either way, very wow-worthy. Did any of their equipment transform with them? Because the only thing more impressive than a fuckoffhuge dragon is likely to be a fuckoff huge dragon in appropriately fuckoff huge armor.

Not really. Thier armor is actually made from their own scales. Makes transforming easier.

"I'm certainly impressed," I comment to Blue. "It's one thing hearing about it, another thing entirely to witness this kind of martial prowess and power."

"Indeed. Most who see this power die soon after."

Then I give her a sidelong glance and grin. "Even though I've seen some of the power of _a_ dragon before."

She smiles. "I had to hold back as not to bring the palace down around me..."

Yeah, okay, I'm laying it on a little thick here.

Very. If you want to fuck her that bad you could just invite her to your quarters...

Kelenas wrote:Sounds cool, though I'm guessing that guns capable of that are a good deal more expensive than nonmagical ones?

The nonmagical onestend to be seen as toys because of the reload time. That said its a reasonably common spell.

Point. Hm, still wondering if using balloons couldn't make the more common airships cheaper, and thus potentially greater in number. Especially since, with me pretty much gainin control of the Arachne, silk should be fairly plentiful.

Not really. Would have to be HUGE to create any appreciable lift and would be a big obvious target.

Mh, from their perspective, true. Guess it'd be the same for many things they'd ask me.

Yes.

Combat? Okay, that got my interest; what form of combat did she study?

Battlemagic.

I'm also curious how big this academy is, and what other skills and knowledge it teaches.

Very very many.

Obviously, and quite praiseworthy.

She doesn't react to praise much.

"It's a fairly simple ballgame; two teams of two players, a field, and a high net or something similar in the middle dividing it. You can only hit the ball with your hands, and the goal is to maneuver the ball over the net so it'll touch the ground in the opposing team's field, while preventing it from doing so in your own."

Sounds fun...

Brian Boru wrote:A back handed complement if there ever was one.  But I'll TAKE IT!

She seems to like you a LOT more since the Hand of the King discussion.

Nod and drag my battered and bruised backside to bed, I think I need to sleep this off for a while, then IMMEDIATELY start meditation sessions ASAP, blowing myself up isn't fun.

I do ask hilarity with magic work aside, what her assessment of me is.

Stubborn and a bit dense, but smart enough to delegate to those who know what they're doing.

Basically you're a bit of a stooge, but at least you're intelligent enough to realize the fact... and there's a chance you might be salvageable.

Roll a d10

Silver Sun 17 wrote:"Good morning High priest." I greet the priest as my eyes sweep the room for anyone else of note.

Its just him.

"How are you settling in?"

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:51 am

Psyckosama wrote:She seems to like you a LOT more since the Hand of the King discussion.

Once again, I'd have to be out of my mind NOT to use what I see in front of me.

Stubborn and a bit dense, but smart enough to delegate to those who know what they're doing.

Heh, my daddy always did say that if I felt that knocking a stone wall down was needed I'd ram my skull into the damn thing until it fell down.

I know my limits and I know that I need to delegate both for specialized expertise AND to lighten the workload.

Basically you're a bit of a stooge, but at least you're intelligent enough to realize the fact... and there's a chance you might be salvageable.

The first step on the road to wisdom is accepting how little we know, of course you need to make sure you keep on walking after that.

Roll a d10

PLEASE BE NICE TO ME!

Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:57 am

Brian Boru wrote:Once again, I'd have to be out of my mind NOT to use what I see in front of me.

You'd be shocked...

Heh, my daddy always did say that if I felt that knocking a stone wall down was needed I'd ram my skull into the damn thing until it fell down.

That explains a lot there, Tom...

I know my limits and I know that I need to delegate both for specialized expertise AND to lighten the workload.

Alright.

The first step on the road to wisdom is accepting how little we know, of course you need to make sure you keep on walking after that.

Well put.

PLEASE BE NICE TO ME!

No. Smile

NExt morning. What do you plan to do?

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun 17 Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:59 am

Psyckosama wrote:
Its just him.

"How are you settling in?"
"Better then I expected considering the culture shock actually. though I haven't fully processed the roll I'm to fill yet. Going from a nobody to a head of state can do that to you."

Silver Sun 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:09 am

Psyckosama wrote:You'd be shocked...

And most of them were likely muscle bound morons.

That explains a lot there, Tom...

So is that an insult, a complement, or an observation. And what would their response be if I mentioned that to them?

Well put.

Might need guidance to following the path of course, I look to the princess when I mention this, and her cousin if either is there.

No. Smile

DAMMIT!

NExt morning. What do you plan to do?

Call in the Oni-Sister and thank them for stopping from what would have likely blown me to smithereens, I'll need to do something for them for that. I also ask that they begin teaching me the meditation techniques the princess mentioned.

I also call in the Lahmia (name I forget) and ask her to find anything about magical meditation in the archives, I ask her to do this as I know she's good at this sort of thing.

Arachnee...I'll just order up a breakfast buffet for her, years of no food MUST BE CAUGHT UP! Seriously that's just plain wrong.

After that I check myself over to see what the damage was and then go through my physical work, I'm NOT doing magic until I'm relatively confident that I won't blow myself up.

I also send a message to the Princess that I enjoyed the sparring session with her and apologize for the embarrassing show with the magic earlier, I ask if she'd be willing to have another sparring session within a fortnight to see if I've improved and if I've gotten confident enough to USE magic to see where I stand with spell work. She's willing to come any time to my practices but a fortnight seems a long enough time for any visible improvement to happen.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by mithril-blade Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:35 am

Sorry for taking so long to reply.
Psyckosama wrote:
mithril-blade wrote:
Booyah, not impressive my foot!, How do you guys like them apple- Hold, I covered myself already, right? Sigh, missed chances...
You are the Demon King... - Page 25 Pup_tent

"Would you be actualy capable of innacting them though?"

She holds up her hand. A sphere of violet and black fire forms.

"Behave!"

She glares at the priest and snuffs it out.

Honestly, I can't help but laugh a bit. I try for suave and blink at the woman at the end of that though.

Hoh yeah, you can't melt this lady.

I do try to ask questions about the architecture of the place though. The walls didn't look like limestone and the floor looked like marble, but I could honestly not be sure. What were they?

mithril-blade

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:03 am

Psyckosama wrote:Under most emperors they'd have had a while as uncontested center of your attention, ideally while you fucked a couple heirs into them...

You're not most emperors.

Considering what I've so far heard about most emperors, I'm going to go out on a limb and say I'm still ahead of the pack.

Chocolate. Full stop.

I'll talk to the Halfing about getting a Suicide By Chocolate Cake ... or ice-cream cake ... made for her and only her. Possibly with a nice tiny chocolate sculpture of a triumphant Arachne on top.

The giggle when you mention a short sword.

"Good one, master..."

... yes, I fully intended that to be a joke.

That's my (new) story and I'm sticking with it.

You should check the armory first. You might find something you like.

As good a plan as any, even if I did do it already. Actually, if the Seneschal is in charge of the household in general, she probably has an itemized list of the armory's contents somewhere. I should take her along for that as well, since I really don't want to end up with goddamn Frostmourne.

Very. If you want to fuck her that bad you could just invite her to your quarters...

I've several outlets for my urges now, and while I certainly want to end up there eventually just getting to know her is currently more fun. Might also be a misguided attempt to not piss Ruby off too much by having Blue 'win'.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 30 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 30  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum