Giant Stompy Robots
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are the Demon King...

+5
Kelenas
Brian Boru
mithril-blade
Silver Sun 17
Ironforge
9 posters

Page 22 of 30 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 26 ... 30  Next

Go down

You are the Demon King... - Page 22 Empty Re: You are the Demon King...

Post by Rieverre Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:48 am

Psyckosama wrote:"Violence is always a solution, not always the best, but if you use enough often the definitive one."

"So ... violence is not the answer, violence is the question. The answer is yes."

You're a magical dark lord, dude...

Yes, but there are times when I don't want to erase large swathes of the landscape or outright kill my opponents. Rare, I know, but they do happen.

"Indeed," she smiles, "You will find our clan to be very loyal, unless you attempt to undercut the agreement."

"Are you sure dinner is a wise place to debate treachery?"

"Hardly treachery. We protect our interests as does everyone else and we entered royal service under specific conditions and as long as those conditions are met we are loyal. We dragons are greedy beings who live to dominate all lesser beings... but our word binds us as tightly as any demonic contract. Farther still perhaps because we are driven to follow the spirit of an agreement, not simply the words."

She looks at you. "The Black Dreads oath urges my kindred to follow you as long as you follow the very same oath. If anything we're less of a threat to the Imperial person than any of the other major clans as we've made fewer attempts on the lives of previous emperors than any others. It is just that our attempts by the whole... successful."

"What exactly _does_ that oath state, then? Seems like knowing the particulars is something conductive to my continued survival."

"Black Dragons are one of the highest form of Fire Dragon... They breath not just flame, but true Hellfire. Many believe that ability was rooted in partial Demonic Blood."

"Interesting. Still, I don't think that would necessarily influence my taking a ... partner. It would have to be a matter of mutual trust."

The dragon princess snots. A small jet of flame shoots from her nose. "Yes... well... if treachery is your concern, then look only to the Dark Elves. They serve you only out of desire for access to the demonic powers of this realm and the service of its lesser denizens."

"So they might not stay bought," I snort. "Well, it's comforting to see politics is the same wherever one ends up."

The princess frowns. "But they are effective soldiers and their tribute always arrives on time and in exactly the amount agreed upon..." she pauses, "Sometimes more if they feel it has been a good season and they're feeling transparent in their attempts to curry favor."

"And their current disposition?"

"I will have a flock of imps sent down for target practice."

"I should probably try to not cause too much damage to inanimate targets first. Otherwise it'll just be a waste of time and potential resources ..." I pause. "Well, unless the imps here are more like flying rodents."

Yeah... dark lord powers, j0!

A little versatility would be nice though. Hence practice.

... oh god what ...
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:13 am

Psyckosama wrote:She likes to read.

I actually laugh there. "So do I when I was younger my mother used to say that I read so much I'd turned a virtue into a vice! My favorites were always either histories or fictions about wars and battles."

She likes spicy foods

Note to self learn cast iron tongue and stomach.

and violence.

"Watching, participating, or both? And she prefer close quarters or some getting blasted at long range?"

She dislikes the fact that as a woman she's unable to inherit.

I grimace at that, and mentally note to re-emphasize involving the princess, as my hand or whatever I intend her to be called.

I nod to (was it?) the female cousin. "Thank you for your information my lady, I am in your debt."

"Actually rather close..."

"Two questions, how good are with with standing our ground in a tight formation and do we have any experience with long pikes for weaponry?
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:27 pm

Kelenas wrote:
I'll keep that in mind, thanks.

Any clans that are particularly resentful and likely to cause trouble and that I should keep an eye on?

"Dark Elves," he states calmly, "They are a problematic, arrogant, and self-serving clan who will kill you and replace you with someone more mailable to their demands given half the chance. But their taxes are always on time and paid in full... they're reliable and extremely predictable. But annoying."

Depends on what you mean here? Atmosphere (ie, level of formality/casualness, etc), location, things like that?

Yes.

Rieverre wrote:"So ... violence is not the answer, violence is the question. The answer is yes."

"Wise words, my emperor..."

Yes, but there are times when I don't want to erase large swathes of the landscape or outright kill my opponents. Rare, I know, but they do happen.

True...

"What exactly _does_ that oath state, then? Seems like knowing the particulars is something conductive to my continued survival."

She repeats it for you. It's rather simple, the Dragon swore that he and his line would serve the Demon Emperor loyally and without complaint, while the Emperor swore to ensure that he and his progeny lived as dragons should. The main part is that there is limited a keep what you kill clause with loot. If the dragons kill something or are directly involved, they have second pickings with 10% of all loot for their hoards.

Before the normal division of loot. You can see how that can get annoying when shares are being divided up and how it might upset the other clans or even sometimes a greedy emperor.

"Interesting. Still, I don't think that would necessarily influence my taking a ... partner. It would have to be a matter of mutual trust."

"Most see riding a Red Dragon into battle as being too... common." she snorts. "As if being permitted to be the partner of even the least of my people would ever be common in any way..."

"So they might not stay bought," I snort. "Well, it's comforting to see politics is the same wherever one ends up."

"They'll stay bought, but the question will always be who is making the best offer."

"And their current disposition?"

"Probably wondering if they can control you. Except a comely elven daughter to show up on your door step any time soon. She will be under orders to please you in any way you ask and whisper sweet nothings in your ear that will benefit their position."

"I should probably try to not cause too much damage to inanimate targets first. Otherwise it'll just be a waste of time and potential resources ..." I pause. "Well, unless the imps here are more like flying rodents."

"2ft tall humanoid demons. All male, breed like rats, will fuck anything. They're a revolting form of lesser demon."

A little versatility would be nice though. Hence practice.

Heh.

... oh god what ...

Yeah. Just yeah.

Brian Boru wrote:I actually laugh there.  "So do I when I was younger my mother used to say that I read so much I'd turned a virtue into a vice!  My favorites were always either histories or fictions about wars and battles."

"Hm. I'll suggest a few volumes that she enjoys."

Note to self learn cast iron tongue and stomach.

Alright... you might want to try them first.

"Watching, participating, or both?  And she prefer close quarters or some getting blasted at long range?"

"Yes."

I grimace at that, and mentally note to re-emphasize involving the princess, as my hand or whatever I intend her to be called.

Alrighty.

I nod to (was it?) the female cousin.  "Thank you for your information my lady, I am in your debt."

A smile crosses her face and you have a feeling you shouldn't have said that.

"Two questions, how good are with with standing our ground in a tight formation and do we have any experience with long pikes for weaponry?

"Standing our ground is not a problem, but we are not well suited for tight, highly organized formations. If you're thinking Phalanx and Pike squires they exist and can be effective but we lack a mentality that will suit them."

Psyckosama
Admin

https://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:07 pm

Psyckosama wrote:She repeats it for you. It's rather simple, the Dragon swore that he and his line would serve the Demon Emperor loyally and without complaint, while the Emperor swore to ensure that he and his progeny lived as dragons should. The main part is that there is limited a keep what you kill clause with loot. If the dragons kill something or are directly involved, they have second pickings with 10% of all loot for their hoards.

Before the normal division of loot. You can see how that can get annoying when shares are being divided up and how it might upset the other clans or even sometimes a greedy emperor.

I can also see the benefit of the keep what you kill clause. Honestly, I might be naive, but I find this to be _more_ than fair.

"Deal," I say to the Princess ... then I hold out a hand to shake. "Feel free to score our palms and mix blood. It might be mere fiction, but I _think_ I know the value of dragons, and their word. As long as all we claim is open to negotiation and contest, I agree wholeheartedly. You bleed for it, you are entitled to it."

I might argue the word, but I feel I get the spirit.

"Most see riding a Red Dragon into battle as being too... common." she snorts. "As if being permitted to be the partner of even the least of my people would ever be common in any way..."

"I do not think I would ride a dragon into battle either way. I'm not much of a rider. Airship, yes. Dragon or another form of mount, not so much. I would not, however, be opposed to taking one as a _partner_. If the contents of the 10% remains open to negotiation. Still, 10%. Open ended. I can agree to that," I grin. "If it includes finding out just how sensitive those horns of yours are."

"They'll stay bought, but the question will always be who is making the best offer."

"Not what I meant. Staying bought means once they accepted an offer, they abide by it. Even if a later offer is superior. They _honor their word_. They stand by an oath _made_."

"Probably wondering if they can control you. Except a comely elven daughter to show up on your door step any time soon. She will be under orders to please you in any way you ask and whisper sweet nothings in your ear that will benefit their position."

I look to both Grand Princess Fire Dragon and Ruby Eyes. "I will depend on you both to offer fair council. And know that ... yes ... one of my weaknesses is getting to touch elf ears."

"2ft tall humanoid demons. All male, breed like rats, will fuck anything. They're a revolting form of lesser demon."

... yyyeah, go for it.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:36 pm

Rieverre wrote:
I can also see the benefit of the keep what you kill clause. Honestly, I might be naive, but I find this to be _more_ than fair.

Well, there's a reason most emperors leave it alone, and considering the pack of megalomaniacs preceding you...

"Deal," I say to the Princess ... then I hold out a hand to shake. "Feel free to score our palms and mix blood. It might be mere fiction, but I _think_ I know the value of dragons, and their word. As long as all we claim is open to negotiation and contest, I agree wholeheartedly. You bleed for it, you are entitled to it."

I might argue the word, but I feel I get the spirit.

She grins and for a moment you can tell she's a 20 ton flying, fire breathing super predator in human guise. "Believe me, when dragons enter the field... we're not the ones who do the bleeding..."

"I do not think I would ride a dragon into battle either way. I'm not much of a rider. Airship, yes. Dragon or another form of mount, not so much. I would not, however, be opposed to taking one as a _partner_. If the contents of the 10% remains open to negotiation. Still, 10%. Open ended. I can agree to that," I grin. "If it includes finding out just how sensitive those horns of yours are."

She gaps and blushes a bit. "You are very bold..."

The princess looks disgusted. "Like seducing him isn't why you came..."

She snorts in contempt.

"Not what I meant. Staying bought means once they accepted an offer, they abide by it. Even if a later offer is superior. They _honor their word_. They stand by an oath _made_."

"Ah. Then no. They're always open for negotiations. They're problematic but too useful to exterminate..."

I look to both Grand Princess Fire Dragon and Ruby Eyes. "I will depend on you both to offer fair council. And know that ... yes ... one of my weaknesses is getting to touch elf ears."

They share a look. "This will be harder than I thought..."

... yyyeah, go for it.

A bunch of 2ft tall midgets with small wings, space tails, goblin like faces, small horns, and comically bulging loin clothes show up a short while later. "Whassup boss?"

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:52 pm

Psyckosama wrote:Well, there's a reason most emperors leave it alone, and considering the pack of megalomaniacs preceding you...

I can see the value in having subordinates you can trust without question or second though. And I am not that greedy. I would have dealt fairly with most of my forces, according the their merits in the field, anyway ...

... but, I say outright, the dragons _were_ the first to offer.

"Can I count on your sincerity?"

She gaps and blushes a bit. "You are very bold..."

The princess looks disgusted. "Like seducing him isn't why you came..."

She snorts in contempt.

To Ruby Eyes: "I _was_ human. I am fallible. And I have my foibles. You _did_ have first access, you know."

To Grand Princess Fire Dragon: "Do you wish to hear what I want? I want you to be MINE Grand Princess Fire Dragon. I wish for you to stand by my side. As you named, a partner, not a subordinate. I wish for your council to always be fair and honest and _heard_. I _want_ for a partner I can trust with my back, my life, and my very soul. One who _will_ point out my faults. Utterly and entirely. I might already have most of that with my handmaidens, but this is the deal I am willing to make, should you offer it freely."

Laser-like intensity as I look at her.

"My life and yours. My soul and yours. My blood," I hold out a hand, and _cut_ a gash into the palm with a sharp fingernail. "And yours." I extend the hand.

""Ah. Then no. They're always open for negotiations. They're problematic but too useful to exterminate..."

Troublesome. "... well, I suppose at least they are not drow."

If asked, I explain that drow are fictional dark elves I've read about and the nature of their particular system of beliefs, society, and so on.

They share a look. "This will be harder than I thought..."

"I can get over it. The question is, can I trust you to council me as to _when_ I should do so?"

A bunch of 2ft tall midgets with small wings, space tails, goblin like faces, small horns, and comically bulging loin clothes show up a short while later. "Whassup boss?"

"Sorry lads. I need targets. Dodge well."

Commence practice ^^
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:30 pm

Rieverre wrote:I can see the value in having subordinates you can trust without question or second though. And I am not that greedy. I would have dealt fairly with most of my forces, according the their merits in the field, anyway ...

... but, I say outright, the dragons _were_ the first to offer.

"Can I count on your sincerity?"

"Sworn oath."

To Ruby Eyes: "I _was_ human. I am fallible. And I have my foibles. You _did_ have first access, you know."

She blinks in confusion. "Didn't anyone... oh those fucking morons!"

You feel a spike of power.

"I don't have access I have obligation!" she roars. "Are you telling me that the High Priest neglected to inform you that the simple fact is... I am REQUIRED to breed with you. My child and yours will be the next Demon Emperor. There is NO other way... the blood line must continue... I've lost my father, my option to choose my own future... and you're telling me I had... F-first Access?!"

She's actually glowing black... and yes, somehow that is possible...

To Grand Princess Fire Dragon: "Do you wish to hear what I want? I want you to be MINE Grand Princess Fire Dragon. I wish for you to stand by my side. As you named, a partner, not a subordinate. I wish for your council to always be fair and honest and _heard_. I _want_ for a partner I can trust with my back, my life, and my very soul. One who _will_ point out my faults. Utterly and entirely. I might already have most of that with my handmaidens, but this is the deal I am willing to make, should you offer it freely."

Laser-like intensity as I look at her.

"My life and yours. My soul and yours. My blood," I hold out a hand, and _cut_ a gash into the palm with a sharp fingernail. "And yours." I extend the hand.

Lets handle this... later...

Troublesome. "... well, I suppose at least they are not drow."

There are some coughs.

"In their language they call themselves Drow Asier..."

"I can get over it. The question is, can I trust you to council me as to _when_ I should do so?"

"Honestly I'd say fight that urge," Ruby replies calmly, "But failing that there are ways to ensure loyalty..."

The Dragon nods. "Simplest would be to appeal to her self-interest. Problem is they have an overly developed sense of loyalty to house which will take time to break."

"Sorry lads. I need targets. Dodge well."

Commence practice ^^

Screaming and d10 please...

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:50 pm

Psyckosama wrote:"Sworn oath."

I look at her, and the gaze is made out of tightly focused desire.

She blinks in confusion. "Didn't anyone... oh those fucking morons!"

You feel a spike of power.

"I don't have access I have obligation!" she roars. "Are you telling me that the High Priest neglected to inform you that the simple fact is... I am REQUIRED to breed with you. My child and yours will be the next Demon Emperor. There is NO other way... the blood line must continue... I've lost my father, my option to choose my own future... and you're telling me I had... F-first Access?!"

She's actually glowing black... and yes, somehow that is possible...

"I HAVE LOST MY LIFE!" I stand, shouting. "MY FATHER. MY MOTHER. EVERYTHING I HAD COME TO KNOW!"

I stand there, breathing as if having run a marathon, _desperately_ reining in the energies that had come loose with that outburst.

I give Ruby Eyes a raw, genuine look.

"You took me from there. You knew I would be ... broken ... from the start. You called me out on that right after I was summoned. You could have been there. You could have spoken to me. Instead, I found two Oni willing to swear their lives to me, a lamia, an arachne, and a dragon who I thought dealt with me fairly. And then you, oh lady of mixed signals."

My fingers dig into the tabletop. My eyes ... I think they're tearing up.

"_Talk_ to me. That's the one thing I wanted. I wanted you to genuinely _talk_ to me."

... I think the problem here is ... well ... two wounded people coming up against one-another. It's easy to say you've gotten over all you've known and managed to forgive and forget, but the truth is, this is likely to linger.

There are some coughs.

"In their language they call themselves Drow Asier..."

"... female dominant society, firstborn male offspring often sacrificed to their spider-goddess, relentless might makes right attitude and utter striving for personal power?"

"Honestly I'd say fight that urge," Ruby replies calmly, "But failing that there are ways to ensure loyalty..."

The Dragon nods. "Simplest would be to appeal to her self-interest. Problem is they have an overly developed sense of loyalty to house which will take time to break."

"We'll burn that bridge when we get to it. Elf ears, dragon horns," I have to smirk a little bit. "Let's be honest. According to what I've heard, this is _still_ not the worst thing an Emperor has wanted."

Screaming and d10 please...

Rollan.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Dice Bot Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:50 pm

The member 'Rieverre' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd10' : 5

Dice Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:06 pm

Rieverre wrote:I look at her, and the gaze is made out of tightly focused desire.

She smirks.

"I HAVE LOST MY LIFE!" I stand, shouting. "MY FATHER. MY MOTHER. EVERYTHING I HAD COME TO KNOW!"

I stand there, breathing as if having run a marathon, _desperately_ reining in the energies that had come loose with that outburst.

I give Ruby Eyes a raw, genuine look.

"You took me from there. You knew I would be ... broken ... from the start. You called me out on that right after I was summoned. You could have been there. You could have spoken to me. Instead, I found two Oni willing to swear their lives to me, a lamia, an arachne, and a dragon who I thought dealt with me fairly. And then you, oh lady of mixed signals."

My fingers dig into the tabletop. My eyes ... I think they're tearing up.

"_Talk_ to me. That's the one thing I wanted. I wanted you to genuinely _talk_ to me."

... I think the problem here is ... well ... two wounded people coming up against one-another. It's easy to say you've gotten over all you've known and managed to forgive and forget, but the truth is, this is likely to linger.

"What signals do you expect? They volunteered for this... don't mistake their intentions as affection for you. They sought power, clear and simple..." she looks at the Dragon, "We all do."

"I do not deny."

"If you want to talk, fine... but I'm not having a heart to heart in front of her of all people."

"If you wish for my to leave you two, I shall take my leave."

"... female dominant society, firstborn male offspring often sacrificed to their spider-goddess, relentless might makes right attitude and utter striving for personal power?"

"No. At least not on the first two aspects. Though they do seem to have something of a kinship with spiders."

"We'll burn that bridge when we get to it. Elf ears, dragon horns," I have to smirk a little bit. "Let's be honest. According to what I've heard, this is _still_ not the worst thing an Emperor has wanted."

Ruby looks a little annoyed at the Dragonhorns. the Dragon looks smug.

"Far from..."

Rollan.

Your aim needs work. That said a large number of your fleeing screaming targets explode into impressive fonts of gore.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:09 am

Psyckosama wrote:"What signals do you expect? They volunteered for this... don't mistake their intentions as affection for you. They sought power, clear and simple..." she looks at the Dragon, "We all do."

"I do not deny."

"If you want to talk, fine... but I'm not having a heart to heart in front of her of all people."

"If you wish for my to leave you two, I shall take my leave."

I drop back down into my seat with a sigh. Yeah, that's been building up for a while.

"No, I think right now we'd just end up shouting at one-another and possibly explode sections of the palace."

I give her a level look. It's more than a bit tired too. "The priest did mention something to that effect, but frankly, I was waiting for you to say it."

And of course it wasn't affection. Or, considering the records on the previous handmaidens, it didn't start as such in case of those two. I think I'm mostly annoyed by Ruby's tsun.

"No. At least not on the first two aspects. Though they do seem to have something of a kinship with spiders."

"Small mercies. Any link between them and the arachne, or is that just coincidental?"

Ruby looks a little annoyed at the Dragonhorns. the Dragon looks smug.

"Far from..."

I don't think Ruby has room to protest, really, given it was her who started this entire line of conversation by needling Blue.

Your aim needs work. That said a large number of your fleeing screaming targets explode into impressive fonts of gore.

... this is oddly cathartic.

Huh? That sounds suspicious like someone engaging in villainous laughter.

No, wait, that's just me.

Um. Well, carry on then ...
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:27 am

Psyckosama wrote:"Hm. I'll suggest a few volumes that she enjoys."

"I'll be sure to read them, though a few notes for context might be helpful if I want to discuss them with her."

Alright... you might want to try them first.

Gotcha.

"Yes."

"Ah one of those. Does she have a preferred weapon? I'll have to ask if she'd be willing to spar with me, I need to learn how to fight at some point and I get the feeling she's exceptional at it yes?"

A smile crosses her face and you have a feeling you shouldn't have said that.

"Within reason of course, some personal information isn't worth carte blanche."

"One last thing. I realize that I'm to be meeting the clan leaders soon. Are there any formalities I should be aware of and do I need to follow a certain conduct while meeting with them? I'd rather not start a war right from the start, nor add incentives for assassins, I rather like living honestly."

"Standing our ground is not a problem, but we are not well suited for tight, highly organized formations. If you're thinking Phalanx and Pike squires they exist and can be effective but we lack a mentality that will suit them."

"Alright. hmm...maybe bola's and chains...something to trip the horses...."
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:36 am

Rieverre wrote:I drop back down into my seat with a sigh. Yeah, that's been building up for a while.

Though for some reason now that you've said it... its really not as real as you think it is. it's a strangely hollow sensation...

"No, I think right now we'd just end up shouting at one-another and possibly explode sections of the palace."

She raises an eyebrow. "I somehow do not doubt it."

I give her a level look. It's more than a bit tired too. "The priest did mention something to that effect, but frankly, I was waiting for you to say it."

Her Aura flares up and she grits her teeth.

She takes a deep breath, walks over to the door, blasts it open, and leaves...

The Dragon Princess looks at you and actually facepalms. "You do not understand demonic psychology at all, do you?"

And of course it wasn't affection. Or, considering the records on the previous handmaidens, it didn't start as such in case of those two. I think I'm mostly annoyed by Ruby's tsun.

Demonic psychology at its finest.

"Small mercies. Any link between them and the arachne, or is that just coincidental?"

"They tend to employ many."

I don't think Ruby has room to protest, really, given it was her who started this entire line of conversation by needling Blue.

You know how much work it takes to keep her horns this nice?

... this is oddly cathartic.

Huh? That sounds suspicious like someone engaging in villainous laughter.

No, wait, that's just me.

Um. Well, carry on then ...

Heh. So, more imps?

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:39 am

Brian Boru wrote:"I'll be sure to read them, though a few notes for context might be helpful if I want to discuss them with her."

"Read the books."

"Ah one of those.  Does she have a preferred weapon?  I'll have to ask if she'd be willing to spar with me, I need to learn how to fight at some point and I get the feeling she's exceptional at it yes?"

Polearm is her weapon of choice.

"Within reason of course, some personal information isn't worth carte blanche."

She nods.

"One last thing.  I realize that I'm to be meeting the clan leaders soon.  Are there any formalities I should be aware of and do I need to follow a certain conduct while meeting with them?  I'd rather not start a war right from the start, nor add incentives for assassins, I rather like living honestly."

"The Dragons are bound to you by ancient oaths. Learn what those oaths are and don't push the limits. Do not trust the dark elves. They will do their best to use you. Be as polite as possible with the Oni. They are sticklers for such things and will respect you in turn."

"Alright. hmm...maybe bola's and chains...something to trip the horses...."

"A good tangler spell also works wonders."

(So, about that stag?)

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:54 am

Psyckosama wrote:Though for some reason now that you've said it... its really not as real as you think it is. it's a strangely hollow sensation...

... nope, not really that strange. Disassociation isn't something new for me. Doesn't make it any less real.

Her Aura flares up and she grits her teeth.

She takes a deep breath, walks over to the door, blasts it open, and leaves...

The Dragon Princess looks at you and actually facepalms. "You do not understand demonic psychology at all, do you?"

"No, really, what was your first clue? The fact that I've been one and knew they were even a thing for a matter of _days_ at this point? Congratulations on being one of the few people to actually _realize_ this," well, with the possible exception of the Duke and the High Priest, which likely explains the fact I've only rarely seen them. Chances are they're staying out of the blast zone. Considering the bond, probably the handmaidens too. "rather than assuming I'd somehow miraculously understand things as if I'd been born to them and wasn't making all of this up as I go along."

I laugh briefly. "You know, this probably explains so much about the previous summoned Demon Lords."

Demonic psychology at its finest.

The fact it makes me want to explode things is probably par for the course.

"They tend to employ many."

"Another one of those uncanny resemblances."

You know how much work it takes to keep her horns this nice?

No, but that's a fascinating question I'd love to hear about in more detail. ^^

Heh. So, more imps?

... if it's actually helping, then yes.

Rollan.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Dice Bot Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:54 am

The member 'Rieverre' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd10' : 7

Dice Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:05 am

Psyckosama wrote:"Read the books."

Right then I'll read them and ask her about any explanations if needed.

Polearm is her weapon of choice.

Right then, next time I see her, I'll ask if she'd like to watch me train, and if she's inclined to go a few rounds with me. I fully expect her to kick my ass across the country-side.

She nods.

I wonder if I should mention the 'hand' idea I have for the princess.

"The Dragons are bound to you by ancient oaths. Learn what those oaths are and don't push the limits. Do not trust the dark elves. They will do their best to use you. Be as polite as possible with the Oni. They are sticklers for such things and will respect you in turn."
"I will take that to heart."

I nod my head, "Thank you, I am grateful for your time and advice and I won't keep you from your duties any further."

Once the cousin leaves I get to work on the information I got.

One, send a message to the high priest asking about the oaths the Demon King has to the Dragons.
Two, ask for whatever information about the Dark Elf leadership Duke has on them I need to learn what specifics they know about me and what they want.
Three, find a tutor in courtly behaviour.
Four, while reading on the oaths and the dark elves call for a light snack though I ask specifically for something the princess might enjoy. Need to see how I handle demon spices.
Five, get some more combat and magic practice in when I have the chance.

"A good tangler spell also works wonders."

"That works to....though I was was under the assumption that demon magic tends strongly to the...to put it bluntly...fire and boom."

(So, about that stag?)

Alright keep your shirt on.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:06 am

Rieverre wrote:... nope, not really that strange. Disassociation isn't something new for me. Doesn't make it any less real.

Well its a fucking lot more than normal...  Evil or Very Mad  Rolling Eyes 

"No, really, what was your first clue? The fact that I've been one and knew they were even a thing for a matter of _days_ at this point? Congratulations on being one of the few people to actually _realize_ this," well, with the possible exception of the Duke and the High Priest, which likely explains the fact I've only rarely seen them. Chances are they're staying out of the blast zone. Considering the bond, probably the handmaidens too. "rather than assuming I'd somehow miraculously understand things as if I'd been born to them and wasn't making all of this up as I go along."

I laugh briefly. "You know, this probably explains so much about the previous summoned Demon Lords."

"Demons are beings of Fire and Chaos. Passionate and Independent by nature. And I mean by NATURE. To them it is as natural as a dragon's pride and need to hoard. That girl, rival or no, has from the sound of things been on her best behavior. She has had her freedom of choice taken from her. And her passionate nature is dealing with a loss that is profound to her, magnified by that fact..."

The fact it makes me want to explode things is probably par for the course.

Yep.

"Another one of those uncanny resemblances."

Shrug. "Well then, you know to be careful."

No, but that's a fascinating question I'd love to hear about in more detail. ^^

Lots of special polish and careful buffing...

... if it's actually helping, then yes.

Rollan.

Well, your stres level is going down and your aim has improved. Now thy're having to throw them through the doors and they're trying to escape.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:53 am

Psyckosama wrote:"Demons are beings of Fire and Chaos. Passionate and Independent by nature. And I mean by NATURE. To them it is as natural as a dragon's pride and need to hoard. That girl, rival or no, has from the sound of things been on her best behavior. She has had her freedom of choice taken from her. And her passionate nature is dealing with a loss that is profound to her, magnified by that fact..."

On one hand, that does make a lot of sense and I can see where she's coming from, given the circumstances ...

... but on the other hand, I am finding it increasingly difficult to care. Going against my new nature and trying to keep dispassionate about things seems to be only way to keep my head on straight. Or at least not say something horribly offensive every other sentence.

"I'll take that under advisement. My thanks for your counsel."

Shrug. "Well then, you know to be careful."

"Hopefully."

Wry grin.

"I don't suppose there are going to be any fluffy tailed fox-girls to worry about anytime soon?"

Lots of special polish and careful buffing...

... heroically refrain from wisecracking about it.

Well, your stres level is going down and your aim has improved. Now thy're having to throw them through the doors and they're trying to escape.

I should probably be working on not vaporizing them or turning them to ash on impact, really. I just got a little distracted.

Oops?

Well, I can still work on that.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:00 am

Brian Boru wrote:Right then I'll read them and ask her about any explanations if needed.

Alright.

Right then, next time I see her, I'll ask if she'd like to watch me train, and if she's inclined to go a few rounds with me.  I fully expect her to kick my ass across the country-side.

She will do so.

I wonder if I should mention the 'hand' idea I have for the princess.

Your call.

"I will take that to heart."

I nod my head, "Thank you, I am grateful for your time and advice and I won't keep you from your duties any further."

Once the cousin leaves I get to work on the information I got.  

Okay.

One, send a message to the high priest asking about the oaths the Demon King has to the Dragons.

It's rather simple, the Dragon swore that he and his line would serve the Demon Emperor loyally and without complaint, while the Emperor swore to ensure that he and his progeny lived as dragons should. The main part is that there is limited a keep what you kill clause with loot. If the dragons kill something or are directly involved, they have second pickings with 10% of all loot for their hoards.

Two, ask for whatever information about the Dark Elf leadership Duke has on them I need to learn what specifics they know about me and what they want.

Their leadership is normally influx. Their current king is a older male who is well known for being a ruthless bastard.

[quote]Three, find a tutor in courtly behaviour.[quote]

Your handmaidens can handle it being high class oni commanders...

Four, while reading on the oaths and the dark elves call for a light snack though I ask specifically for something the princess might enjoy.  Need to see how I handle demon spices.

Hotter than hell but you handle it fine.

Five, get some more combat and magic practice in when I have the chance.

RP it?

[quote]"That works to....though I was was under the assumption that demon magic tends strongly to the...to put it bluntly...fire and boom."[quote]

"Our attack magic, yes. But we have other spells."

Alright keep your shirt on.

:p

Rieverre wrote:On one hand, that does make a lot of sense and I can see where she's coming from, given the circumstances ...

... but on the other hand, I am finding it increasingly difficult to care.

Seriously dude.

Going against my new nature and trying to keep dispassionate about things seems to be only way to keep my head on straight. Or at least not say something horribly offensive every other sentence.

There's being dispassionate and not being impulsive. they're not necessarily the same thing.

"I'll take that under advisement. My thanks for your counsel."

She nods.

"Hopefully."

Wry grin.

"I don't suppose there are going to be any fluffy tailed fox-girls to worry about anytime soon?"

"Kitsune don't make good slaves."

... heroically refrain from wisecracking about it.

"What?"

Her horns are very shiny...

I should probably be working on not vaporizing them or turning them to ash on impact, really. I just got a little distracted.

Oops?

Well, I can still work on that.

Heh. Well, maybe next time. They're running low on imps and need to send people into the hinterlands to capture more.

As you're finishing the doors open and the princess looks in and looks at the mess. "Ugh. Of course..."

You have a feeling she wanted to vent on the imps too... :p

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:18 am

Psyckosama wrote:"Kitsune don't make good slaves."

"I didn't necessarily mean to put one in shackles. I just have this urge to touch a fluffy fox tail."

Shrug.

"But to be serious again for a moment, what _can_ you tell me about kitsune?"

"What?"

Her horns are very shiny...

I look at the way she's angled her head, how the light shines on the almost crystalline horns ...

"You're doing that on purpose!" I accuse with a laugh. Well, that certainly helped to lift the somber mood a bit.

Heh. Well, maybe next time. They're running low on imps and need to send people into the hinterlands to capture more.

As you're finishing the doors open and the princess looks in and looks at the mess. "Ugh. Of course..."

Aw. It could have been a bonding experience.

Did I really go through that many?

Well, alright, the room _is_ now mostly red where it used to be black before ...

"I might have been just a _touch_ too enthusiastic."
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:37 am

Rieverre wrote:"I didn't necessarily mean to put one in shackles. I just have this urge to touch a fluffy fox tail."

Shrug.

"But to be serious again for a moment, what _can_ you tell me about kitsune?"

"High class spirits, obnoxious as hell. The more tails they have, the more powerful they are."

I look at the way she's angled her head, how the light shines on the almost crystalline horns ...

"You're doing that on purpose!" I accuse with a laugh. Well, that certainly helped to lift the somber mood a bit.

More metallic than crystal, but still...

"I have no idea what you are talking about..."

Aw. It could have been a bonding experience. [/quote]

Could always go hunting in the field....

Did I really go through that many?

Well, alright, the room _is_ now mostly red where it used to be black before ...

"I might have been just a _touch_ too enthusiastic."

"I can see that..." deadpan.

"M'lady, you're the reason we're..."

"Shut up."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:49 am

Psyckosama wrote:"High class spirits, obnoxious as hell. The more tails they have, the more powerful they are."

"... that does sound like rather a lot of trouble. Tricksters and manipulators then?"

More metallic than crystal, but still...

"I have no idea what you are talking about..."

Heh.

"I'll indulge my fascination another time, then," I say, rising. I make my way over to Blue and kiss the back of her hand. "Be welcome in my home, Grand Princess. I will call on your wisdom later. Or perhaps simply enjoy the pleasure of your company."

I grin, straightening. "Well, alright, maybe just a bit is fine ..."

*touch dragon horn*

"I can see that..." deadpan.

"M'lady, you're the reason we're..."

"Shut up."

The suggestion offers itself up before I can really think about it. Especially given as I have yet to see what's beyond the citadel's walls in person, rather than simply looking down at it from an intimidating height.

"Do you hunt here?"
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelenas Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:37 am

Psyckosama wrote:"Dark Elves," he states calmly, "They are a problematic, arrogant, and self-serving clan who will kill you and replace you with someone more mailable to their demands given half the chance. But their taxes are always on time and paid in full... they're reliable and extremely predictable. But annoying."
"Okay, on one hand, they sound too useful to alienate completely, on the other, I need to watch my back around them so they can't stick a dagger in it.
I'm guessing that they'll try to drop some dark elven minx in my lap in the hopes that I'll make her my wife, misstress or concubine? That way they'd get someone into a position where they'd be well-suited to either manipulate me, or slip a knife through my ribs. It's one of the first things I'd try in their position."

Well, if dark elves were the ones I had to be the most concerned about, then I wonder.

"On the flipside; what clan or clans can I count on to generally support me, assuming I don't do anything to deliberately piss them off?"

Yes.
Hm, anything more you can give me here to work with? Who am I meeting, and what's she like? Might give me a better idea on how to approach things.
Kelenas
Kelenas

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:19 am

Rieverre wrote:"... that does sound like rather a lot of trouble. Tricksters and manipulators then?"

"Yes. Rarely maliciously so, but when they are... they're frightfully annoying."

Heh.

You can smell the bullshit.

"I'll indulge my fascination another time, then," I say, rising. I make my way over to Blue and kiss the back of her hand. "Be welcome in my home, Grand Princess. I will call on your wisdom later. Or perhaps simply enjoy the pleasure of your company."

"Thank you, my emperor. I look forward to it."

I grin, straightening. "Well, alright, maybe just a bit is fine ..."

*touch dragon horn*

She flushes and smirks. They feel smooth like crystal under your touch.

The suggestion offers itself up before I can really think about it. Especially given as I have yet to see what's beyond the citadel's walls in person, rather than simply looking down at it from an intimidating height.

"Do you hunt here?"

She looks over and smirks. "You think you're up to digging them out of the wild?"

Kelenas wrote:"Okay, on one hand, they sound too useful to alienate completely, on the other, I need to watch my back around them so they can't stick a dagger in it.

"Correct."

I'm guessing that they'll try to drop some dark elven minx in my lap in the hopes that I'll make her my wife, misstress or concubine? That way they'd get someone into a position where they'd be well-suited to either manipulate me, or slip a knife through my ribs. It's one of the first things I'd try in their position."

"Also correct."

Well, if dark elves were the ones I had to be the most concerned about, then I wonder.

"On the flipside; what clan or clans can I count on to generally support me, assuming I don't do anything to deliberately piss them off?"

""The Dragons are extremely reliable as long as their oaths are upheld. Their loyalty does not come cheap, mind you, but they find their arrangement with the royal house extremely beneficial. It's just a shame they've lost a great deal of the power they once held."

Hm, anything more you can give me here to work with? Who am I meeting, and what's she like? Might give me a better idea on how to approach things.

"The Blue Oni queen is as much priestess as monarch. Very polite, very calm, extremely manipulative but not malignantly so. Her clan's lands are located a significant distance from the seat of power meaning they hold a great deal of autonomy. Her clan also came to dominate her region based on their early submission to the first emperor and their resulting status as one of his favored clans. They remember this, and while they might attempt to... stretch the limits of that relationship at times, they are on the whole loyal..."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:38 am

Psyckosama wrote:"Yes. Rarely maliciously so, but when they are... they're frightfully annoying."

"... there's an embarrassing story behind that comment, isn't there?"

She flushes and smirks. They feel smooth like crystal under your touch.

Alright. Must _stop_ touching dragon horn.

... any minute now ...

... any minute ...

Ahem.

Yeah.

Okay.

Damn my Will Save penalties against fetish fuel.

I clear my throat and collect myself.

"Truly, dragons are dangerous."

She looks over and smirks. "You think you're up to digging them out of the wild?"

"I think I've been cooped up in the palace for a while now and haven't actually _seen_ any of the lands I'm supposed to rule over first hand and that's as good excuse as any. Imps or anything else we can scare up that seems interesting," I shrug.

Though if she goes for it I'm still taking the handmaidens along as well. What's the use in having bodyguards if I keep leaving them behind? Besides, they might enjoy an outing as well.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelenas Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:20 am

Psyckosama wrote:"Correct."

"Also correct."
"Well, at least I know what to look out for, for whatever good it'll do me."
""The Dragons are extremely reliable as long as their oaths are upheld. Their loyalty does not come cheap, mind you, but they find their arrangement with the royal house extremely beneficial. It's just a shame they've lost a great deal of the power they once held."
"Can you tell me about those oaths and arrangements? And what you mean with them having lost a great deal of the power they once held?"

Okay, so I knew which ones would be the most supportive, and which ones (likely) the most obstinate. The question that remained, now, would be about the fence-sitters, who I'd either have to focus on to bring them on my side on a permanent basis, or convince them regarding individual issues I wanted to see implemented.
"The Blue Oni queen is as much priestess as monarch. Very polite, very calm, extremely manipulative but not malignantly so. Her clan's lands are located a significant distance from the seat of power meaning they hold a great deal of autonomy. Her clan also came to dominate her region based on their early submission to the first emperor and their resulting status as one of his favored clans. They remember this, and while they might attempt to... stretch the limits of that relationship at times, they are on the whole loyal..."
I'm starting to wonder if perhaps the first thing I should introduce to the Demon Realm are flowcharts. If nothing else, I'd expect them to be incredibly useful for *me* to get a better grasp on the political situation...

Well, based on her description, I'm going with an informal, fairly relaxed atmosphere for the meeting, with little urgency; going by the description it sounds like she's got her own duties elsewhere, and isn't as easily available as my advisors.
Kelenas
Kelenas

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:31 pm

Psyckosama wrote:Alright.

Now I'm a bit curious.

She will do so.

Watch me? Spar with me? Kick my ass across the country side?

Your call.

You know what, sure I mention how I intend to integrate the Princess into my system.

It's rather simple, the Dragon swore that he and his line would serve the Demon Emperor loyally and without complaint, while the Emperor swore to ensure that he and his progeny lived as dragons should. The main part is that there is limited a keep what you kill clause with loot. If the dragons kill something or are directly involved, they have second pickings with 10% of all loot for their hoards.

Sounds fair enough and I'd rather NOT pick a fight with a dragon over shinies, and I'm sure no one else is mad enough either.

Their leadership is normally influx. Their current king is a older male who is well known for being a ruthless bastard.

Right do NOT give this guy and inch, don't actually drink or eat anything he offers, I know how Dark Elves work.

Your handmaidens can handle it being high class oni commanders...

That's even better considering they'd likely know better than anyone else what'd set off their kin.

Hotter than hell but you handle it fine.

Right then, since I can handle them next time I dine with the princess, surprise with her preferred dishes. If she asks I say that I asked around.

RP it?

Alright then.

Maybe some practice on how to deal with a mounted fighter. Knocking the horse around seems to be the best bet and you need to be quick enough to side step an attack by the rider then hamstring or gut the horse as it's going by. Unless I'm strong enough to stone wall the bastard...

"Our attack magic, yes. But we have other spells."

Hmm...interesting need to work on that....

:p

Hah
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:47 pm

Rieverre wrote:"... there's an embarrassing story behind that comment, isn't there?"

"Personally no, but historically? You could write several volumes."

Alright. Must _stop_ touching dragon horn.

... any minute now ...

... any minute ...

Ahem.

Yeah.

Okay.

Damn my Will Save penalties against fetish fuel.

I clear my throat and collect myself.

"Truly, dragons are dangerous."

At this point she's almost glowing from her blush.

Literally a red dragon Wink

"I think I've been cooped up in the palace for a while now and haven't actually _seen_ any of the lands I'm supposed to rule over first hand and that's as good excuse as any. Imps or anything else we can scare up that seems interesting," I shrug.

"Imp hunting is an old tradition. They're stupid annoying creatures that breed like rats. The only things they're good for are is spell fodder."

Though if she goes for it I'm still taking the handmaidens along as well. What's the use in having bodyguards if I keep leaving them behind? Besides, they might enjoy an outing as well.

Of course they're going. You think they'd let you out of the damned castle without them? They were not happy that you had DINNER without them present.

Kelenas wrote:
"Well, at least I know what to look out for, for whatever good it'll do me."

"Do keep in mind that one of the benefits of your power is poison doesn't work on you. No demon Emperor has ever been poisoned... and not for lack of trying.

"Can you tell me about those oaths and arrangements? And what you mean with them having lost a great deal of the power they once held?"

The progenitor of the Dragon Clans was the Black Dread Emperor Dragon. Black Dragons were a race of dragons seeped in dark magic who breathed black hellfire. Today's Fire Dragons are their closest decendents, but have lost their full dark power.

As for the oath, the Black Dread swore that he and his line would serve the Demon Emperor loyally and without complaint, while the Emperor swore to ensure that he and his progeny lived as dragons should. The main part is that there is limited a keep what you kill clause with loot. If the dragons kill something or are directly involved, they have second pickings with 10% of all loot for their hoards.

Okay, so I knew which ones would be the most supportive, and which ones (likely) the most obstinate. The question that remained, now, would be about the fence-sitters, who I'd either have to focus on to bring them on my side on a permanent basis, or convince them regarding individual issues I wanted to see implemented.

There are a number, but I'd put my focus into getting into the Onis' good grances for now though you can probably get the graces of several of the lesser beast clans easily considering your concubines.

[quote]I'm starting to wonder if perhaps the first thing I should introduce to the Demon Realm are flowcharts. If nothing else, I'd expect them to be incredibly useful for *me* to get a better grasp on the political situation...[quote]

Heh.

Well, based on her description, I'm going with an informal, fairly relaxed atmosphere for the meeting, with little urgency; going by the description it sounds like she's got her own duties elsewhere, and isn't as easily available as my advisors.

No, no she's not. Very busy, very distant.

Brian Boru wrote:Now I'm a bit curious.

No time to read them now, but they're mostly political, historical, and strangely enough, economics volumes.

Along with several books on magic.

Watch me? Spar with me? Kick my ass across the country side?

Yes... :p

You know what, sure I mention how I intend to integrate the Princess into my system.

She looks... pleased. Very pleased. "You will find her up to the job."

Sounds fair enough and I'd rather NOT pick a fight with a dragon over shinies, and I'm sure no one else is mad enough either.

Several emperors have tried.

Right do NOT give this guy and inch, don't actually drink or eat anything he offers, I know how Dark Elves work.

"Don't worry. You're immuned to posion. At least no demon emperor has ever suffered its effects... and they have tried. Often."

That's even better considering they'd likely know better than anyone else what'd set off their kin.

Yep.

Right then, since I can handle them next time I dine with the princess, surprise with her preferred dishes.  If she asks I say that I asked around.

Okay.

Alright then.

Maybe some practice on how to deal with a mounted fighter.  Knocking the horse around seems to be the best bet and you need to be quick enough to side step an attack by the rider then hamstring or gut the horse as it's going by.  Unless I'm strong enough to stone wall the bastard...

You're the DEMON EMPEROR.

Hmm...interesting need to work on that....

Okay.

So, stag?

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:34 pm

Psyckosama wrote:"Personally no, but historically? You could write several volumes."

Which means someone likely already has. I make a note to remember to put the question to my lamia. I get the feeling she'd know.

At this point she's almost glowing from her blush.

Literally a red dragon Wink

... well, that worked better than I expected it to.

I'd say I need to remember this if it wasn't for the fact that I'm not likely to forget it in the first place.

"Imp hunting is an old tradition. They're stupid annoying creatures that breed like rats. The only things they're good for are is spell fodder."

Imp hunting it is, then.

Of course they're going. You think they'd let you out of the damned castle without them? They were not happy that you had DINNER without them present.

Huh. I'd been under the impression that they would be attending, even if only via being present and standing guard.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 30 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 26 ... 30  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum