Giant Stompy Robots
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are the Demon King...

+5
Kelenas
Brian Boru
mithril-blade
Silver Sun 17
Ironforge
9 posters

Page 26 of 30 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

Go down

You are the Demon King... - Page 26 Empty Re: You are the Demon King...

Post by Psyckosama Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:36 am

Brian Boru wrote:And most of them were likely muscle bound morons.

No, just drunk with power.

So is that an insult, a complement, or an observation.  And what would their response be if I mentioned that to them?

Yes. And probably about the same.

Might need guidance to following the path of course, I look to the princess when I mention this, and her cousin if either is there.

She looks pleased. Though you do start to think you need to be careful to ensure you don't end up a puppet.

Call in the Oni-Sister and thank them for stopping from what would have likely blown me to smithereens, I'll need to do something for them for that.  I also ask that they begin teaching me the meditation techniques the princess mentioned.  

It's their job, and they look pretty worse for wear. After all, they're the ones who are supposed to help you channel your power... and you ALMOST killed yourself

And they will be helping you meditate. In fact, in the future please don't do this without them present. PLEASE!

I also call in the Lahmia (name I forget) and ask her to find anything about magical meditation in the archives, I ask her to do this as I know she's good at this sort of thing.

She knows a number of techniques. She is after all a sorceress of some minor ability.

Arachnee...I'll just order up a breakfast buffet for her, years of no food MUST BE CAUGHT UP!  Seriously that's just plain wrong.

She eats until she's sick...

After that I check myself over to see what the damage was and then go through my physical work, I'm NOT doing magic until I'm relatively confident that I won't blow myself up.

You're not damaged... your Oni handmaidens though look like Kentucky Fired Shit.

I also send a message to the Princess that I enjoyed the sparring session with her and apologize for the embarrassing show with the magic earlier, I ask if she'd be willing to have another sparring session within a fortnight to see if I've improved and if I've gotten confident enough to USE magic to see where I stand with spell work.  She's willing to come any time to my practices but a fortnight seems a long enough time for any visible improvement to happen.

She looks forward to it.

[quote="mithril-blade"]Sorry for taking so long to reply.[quote]

It happens. But would you mind telling me where you are in the plotline so I can catch you up?

Honestly, I can't help but laugh a bit. I try for suave and blink at the woman at the end of that though.

Hoh yeah, you can't melt this lady.

Glower.

I do try to ask questions about the architecture of the place though. The walls didn't look like limestone and the floor looked like marble, but I could honestly not be sure. What were they?

"Finest of stone imported from across the 5 worlds."

[quote="Rieverre"]Considering what I've so far heard about most emperors, I'm going to go out on a limb and say I'm still ahead of the pack.[quote]

To a degree. The sad fact is the reason there have been so many emperors in 10,000 years with an immortal race is most are not competent enough to keep the throne for any extended period of time. Even the First Emperor in all his godlike power was only technically Emperor for about 3 years...

Trying to conquer all 5 realms. At once... well... is not wise.

[quote]I'll talk to the Halfing about getting a Suicide By Chocolate Cake ... or ice-cream cake ... made for her and only her. Possibly with a nice tiny chocolate sculpture of a triumphant Arachne on top.[quote]

Done.

When she sees it the Arachne pulls over to you and whispers in your ear stuff that is pretty X rated and pretty much is summed up as she's going to eat this cake, then you're going to have extremely kinky sex.

... yes, I fully intended that to be a joke.

That's my (new) story and I'm sticking with it.

Good. ^_^

As good a plan as any, even if I did do it already. Actually, if the Seneschal is in charge of the household in general, she probably has an itemized list of the armory's contents somewhere. I should take her along for that as well, since I really don't want to end up with goddamn Frostmourne.

In fact she does. That said, you're the fucking Demon Emperor. Do you really think the Liche King's sword would do more than look good on your wall? Seriously, you're a being EASILY on the same level as the master of the Forsaken. In WoW you'd be one of those insanely high level Raid Bosses that take entire guilds of level 60s to take down, and even then it would be only a plotwise defeat and not a true slaying.

You're brought a book like looks like a leather bound coffee table volume with about as much thickness as an unbridged dictionary... and is written on bible paper.

It has the story and detailed discription of every weapon there. And there's thousands.

You want to roll for opening it or check for any weapons in particular? You do have personal pet librarian...

And with that... the Laima would like to most humbly make a request of you. She wishes to become your personal librarian. She's not arrogant enough to ask for custody of the Imperial Library (yet), but you probably need a personal research minion and as she's sworn herself to you...

You get the feeling that such a title would give her MASSIVE gravitas in Laima society.

I've several outlets for my urges now, and while I certainly want to end up there eventually just getting to know her is currently more fun. Might also be a misguided attempt to not piss Ruby off too much by having Blue 'win'.

True. You willing to throw Ruby and bones?

She does show you some of her economic information. It's like reading the Necronomicon. Seriously, she's an Economancer.

Psyckosama
Admin

https://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:25 am

Psyckosama wrote:To a degree. The sad fact is the reason there have been so many emperors in 10,000 years with an immortal race is most are not competent enough to keep the throne for any extended period of time. Even the First Emperor in all his godlike power was only technically Emperor for about 3 years...

Trying to conquer all 5 realms. At once... well... is not wise.

The way things are going I'm either going to start with dealing with a civil war, or make a literal beach-head during my vacation.

... that or make Demon!Tropico.

Done.

When she sees it the Arachne pulls over to you and whispers in your ear stuff that is pretty X rated and pretty much is summed up as she's going to eat this cake, then you're going to have extremely kinky sex.

I do like it when she's candidly naughty. Actually, I do like it when she's any kind of naughty.

Mostly though, I'm hoping I'm setting an expected pattern of behavior here, with the obvious connection of 'be useful' -> 'get rewarded'. If she continues the trend I'm eventually likely to get her a few sex minions to boss around to take care of some of the inevitable workload. And/or leave tied up in suggestive poses when they aren't.

In fact she does. That said, you're the fucking Demon Emperor. Do you really think the Liche King's sword would do more than look good on your wall? Seriously, you're a being EASILY on the same level as the master of the Forsaken. In WoW you'd be one of those insanely high level Raid Bosses that take entire guilds of level 60s to take down, and even then it would be only a plotwise defeat and not a true slaying.

Yeah, but I'd rather still be careful in dealing with with cursed items. The thing with them is you never know what kind of bullshit you might run into.

It has the story and detailed discription of every weapon there. And there's thousands.

You want to roll for opening it or check for any weapons in particular? You do have personal pet librarian...

I pet my personal pet librarian.

I tell her I'm mostly interested in maces, with either defensive enchantments or maybe even something helpful in channeling massive amounts of power.

Though considering how sword-focused I'm slowly getting that things are here, I also give her a description of the Soul Reaver.

... actually, with how well read she is and given the quality of her book recommendations before I also let her pick out a short list of weapons she considers might be useful.

And with that... the Laima would like to most humbly make a request of you. She wishes to become your personal librarian. She's not arrogant enough to ask for custody of the Imperial Library (yet), but you probably need a personal research minion and as she's sworn herself to you...

You get the feeling that such a title would give her MASSIVE gravitas in Laima society.

I look nonplussed for a moment. "Seeing as you're already doing the job, and well I might add, I see no problem in making it official."

I do ask her how much clout exactly I'll be giving her with this.

True. You willing to throw Ruby and bones?

She does show you some of her economic information. It's like reading the Necronomicon. Seriously, she's an Economancer.

I figure with Ruby I'm just going to be civil and see how that goes, including a standing invitation to breakfast with my household for her and the Seneschal and bonding over exploding things together.

... though after I see the tomes upon tomes of data she's dealing with, I have to wince, rub my forehead and ask if she'd like a shoulder and neck massage. Because if me just looking through it for about an hour gives me this kind of stress headache, I can only imagine what it's like for her to have to deal with the lot as a matter of course.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:12 am

roll launch
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Dice Bot Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:12 am

The member 'Rieverre' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd100' : 31

Dice Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:05 am

Rieverre wrote:The way things are going I'm either going to start with dealing with a civil war, or make a literal beach-head during my vacation.

Maybe...

... that or make Demon!Tropico.

That or simply beat some pirates around and have them swear loyalty. Though you are told that pirates normally have a better relationship with the Undead due to their water alignment.

I do like it when she's candidly naughty. Actually, I do like it when she's any kind of naughty.

She's about as bunt as a hammer.

Mostly though, I'm hoping I'm setting an expected pattern of behavior here, with the obvious connection of 'be useful' -> 'get rewarded'. If she continues the trend I'm eventually likely to get her a few sex minions to boss around to take care of some of the inevitable workload. And/or leave tied up in suggestive poses when they aren't.

She doesn't WANT sex minions.

Yeah, but I'd rather still be careful in dealing with with cursed items. The thing with them is you never know what kind of bullshit you might run into.

Unless there's a GOD personally involved, it's pretty much a no sell. And even then you could probably shake it off.

I pet my personal pet librarian.

Happy smile.

I tell her I'm mostly interested in maces, with either defensive enchantments or maybe even something helpful in channeling massive amounts of power.

She'll look into them...

Though considering how sword-focused I'm slowly getting that things are here, I also give her a description of the Soul Reaver.

... actually, with how well read she is and given the quality of her book recommendations before I also let her pick out a short list of weapons she considers might be useful.

Twenty minutes later she shows you a sketch in the book

"Like this?"

I look nonplussed for a moment. "Seeing as you're already doing the job, and well I might add, I see no problem in making it official."

She SQUEES

I do ask her how much clout exactly I'll be giving her with this.

"No official power but its about as high ranking I could get in purely intellectual circles without becoming the Chief Librarian for the Royal Archives. It also states clearly that I have unrestricted access to the imperial presence and that you trust me to give you accurate and truthful information. So a lot, mostly prestige and the suggestion of massive soft power."

I figure with Ruby I'm just going to be civil and see how that goes, including a standing invitation to breakfast with my household for her and the Seneschal and bonding over exploding things together.

Alright. You want to roleplay and 1 to one/two interactions?

... though after I see the tomes upon tomes of data she's dealing with, I have to wince, rub my forehead and ask if she'd like a shoulder and neck massage.

She blinks in outright confusion and then gives you a slightly accusation look like she's thinking then she smiles. "Yes, please."

Because if me just looking through it for about an hour gives me this kind of stress headache, I can only imagine what it's like for her to have to deal with the lot as a matter of course.

"I'm quite used to it and fully educated in it." she pulls out another tome. "These are the more complicated account books..."

Just looking at them makes you feel an intense sense of mortal dread. And is that human skin they're bound in?

You hope not.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:32 am

Psyckosama wrote:That or simply beat some pirates around and have them swear loyalty. Though you are told that pirates normally have a better relationship with the Undead due to their water alignment.

We'll see when we get there. I'll likely spend the first few days to a week geeking out over the airship we'll be using for travel.

She doesn't WANT sex minions.

Typo. I meant 'sexy minions' to do stuff like menial labor, trap installation, spying, etc. Or if I'm feeling generous get her a cute personal chef at some point. Granted, these are going to be as much presents for me as they are rewards for her, but still.

Unless there's a GOD personally involved, it's pretty much a no sell. And even then you could probably shake it off.

That's a relief, but no reason to not be careful nonetheless.

She'll look into them...

Looking forward to see what she can find.

Twenty minutes later she shows you a sketch in the book

"Like this?"

"If the eyes on the skull are glowing and it either grants the bearer prodigious regeneration and lifedraining abilities or outright cleaves at the bond between body and spirit to separate them and devour the latter, yes," I say, a little stunned. "I really was not expecting to find either of those specific blades here. Suppose I should have known better."

"No official power but its about as high ranking I could get in purely intellectual circles without becoming the Chief Librarian for the Royal Archives. It also states clearly that I have unrestricted access to the imperial presence and that you trust me to give you accurate and truthful information. So a lot, mostly prestige and the suggestion of massive soft power."

I shrug. "All technically true. I suppose congratulations are in order?" Kiss the hell out of her.

Alright. You want to roleplay and 1 to one/two interactions?

Might as well do it as a usual morning thing. Discussing plans for the day, making small talk, etc. RP if it becomes relevant, basically.

She blinks in outright confusion and then gives you a slightly accusation look like she's thinking then she smiles. "Yes, please."

*cracks fingers* Right, if the lady would lean forward in her seat slightly ...

... if I think I can reliably channel some power into my hands to make them hot, I do so.

"I'm quite used to it and fully educated in it." she pulls out another tome. "These are the more complicated account books..."

Just looking at them makes you feel an intense sense of mortal dread. And is that human skin they're bound in?

You hope not.

"... I'm curious, do you hold any official position related to this, or are you just doing it regardless because you have the training and are concerned someone else might get it wrong?"

Really, if she's doing all this without some kind of official station, I'm tempted to just make one for her. I certainly don't recall meeting anyone serving as Master (or Mistress really) of the Royal Treasury.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:09 am

Rieverre wrote:We'll see when we get there. I'll likely spend the first few days to a week geeking out over the airship we'll be using for travel.

Heh.

Typo. I meant 'sexy minions' to do stuff like menial labor, trap installation, spying, etc. Or if I'm feeling generous get her a cute personal chef at some point. Granted, these are going to be as much presents for me as they are rewards for her, but still.

Ah. Okay, those she wants. Though as the Queen of All Arachne he'd have plenty Wink

That's a relief, but no reason to not be careful nonetheless.

Alright.

"If the eyes on the skull are glowing and it either grants the bearer prodigious regeneration and lifedraining abilities or outright cleaves at the bond between body and spirit to separate them and devour the latter, yes," I say, a little stunned. "I really was not expecting to find either of those specific blades here. Suppose I should have known better."

"It doesn't completely devower the soul, but it absorbs life force and it makes resurrection damned near impossible. Souls can't be destroyed."

I shrug. "All technically true. I suppose congratulations are in order?" Kiss the hell out of her.

To make a long story short, you end up fucking on the table. Smile

Might as well do it as a usual morning thing. Discussing plans for the day, making small talk, etc. RP if it becomes relevant, basically.

Okay.

*cracks fingers* Right, if the lady would lean forward in her seat slightly ...

... if I think I can reliably channel some power into my hands to make them hot, I do so.

No you can't and it does relax her a bit.

"... I'm curious, do you hold any official position related to this, or are you just doing it regardless because you have the training and are concerned someone else might get it wrong?"

Really, if she's doing all this without some kind of official station, I'm tempted to just make one for her. I certainly don't recall meeting anyone serving as Master (or Mistress really) of the Royal Treasury.

"Royal Treasurer." she replies.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:27 am

Psyckosama wrote:Ah. Okay, those she wants. Though as the Queen of All Arachne he'd have plenty Wink

Depends on how things develop. She should probably have her own stable of minions and such to make administering the aforementioned 'All Arachne' easier. Or just scaring the shit out of them more efficiently. If that's what she wants to aim for, well, I shrug and tell her that once she has the appropriate training and resources I'd back her ... candidacy. But that might take some time to put together, especially since they ought to be loyal to her, so she should probably approach it one step at a time.

"It doesn't completely devower the soul, but it absorbs life force and it makes resurrection damned near impossible. Souls can't be destroyed."

"Not quite what I recall, then, but close enough. Do we actually have that in the armory? And what is it called here?"

To make a long story short, you end up fucking on the table. Smile

I'd feel a little guilty about making more work for the maids, but ... naah.

No you can't and it does relax her a bit.

It's oddly relaxing for both sides and we probably end up having the rest of the conversation like this. Go figure. And she has a remarkably sexy neck. Well, she has a remarkably sexy everything, but there you go.

"Royal Treasurer." she replies.

"Well, that works, but I get the feeling you go a bit above and beyond the necessities of it," *knead* "It also occurs to me that, while I could possibly eventually take over part of the actual day to day management of the empire, this is something you've been trained to do all your life," *massage* "I wonder, has the Empire had a Vizier before?" *rub*
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:38 am

Rieverre wrote:Depends on how things develop. She should probably have her own stable of minions and such to make administering the aforementioned 'All Arachne' easier. Or just scaring the shit out of them more efficiently. If that's what she wants to aim for, well, I shrug and tell her that once she has the appropriate training and resources I'd back her ... candidacy. But that might take some time to put together, especially since they ought to be loyal to her, so she should probably approach it one step at a time.

Most arachne follow the one who scares them the most... and she just can't wait. Very Happy

"Not quite what I recall, then, but close enough. Do we actually have that in the armory? And what is it called here?"

"Soul Reaver...."

I'd feel a little guilty about making more work for the maids, but ... naah.

heh.

It's oddly relaxing for both sides and we probably end up having the rest of the conversation like this. Go figure. And she has a remarkably sexy neck. Well, she has a remarkably sexy everything, but there you go.

She has no complaints...

d10

"Well, that works, but I get the feeling you go a bit above and beyond the necessities of it," *knead* "It also occurs to me that, while I could possibly eventually take over part of the actual day to day management of the empire, this is something you've been trained to do all your life," *massage* "I wonder, has the Empire had a Vizier before?" *rub*

"Officially? Not for some time. Unofficially, I was doing the role for my father since he was more focused on the martial aspect than the day to day."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:46 am

Psyckosama wrote:Most arachne follow the one who scares them the most... and she just can't wait. Very Happy

It would probably come off better if she were to have a reputation as the Emperor's bloody hand. Given the state of affairs, it shouldn't be long before she has opportunities enough to start making that reputation for herself.

"Soul Reaver...."

Aaaaaand the eerie similarities continue. Next she'll tell me it was once owned by a vampire lord by the name of Kain.

She has no complaints...

d10

rolling

"Officially? Not for some time. Unofficially, I was doing the role for my father since he was more focused on the martial aspect than the day to day."

"Would you be up to taking up the role in an official capacity? If you're going to do the job you may as well have the recognition you deserve for doing it."
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Dice Bot Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:46 am

'd10' : 5

Dice Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:12 am

Rieverre wrote:It would probably come off better if she were to have a reputation as the Emperor's bloody hand. Given the state of affairs, it shouldn't be long before she has opportunities enough to start making that reputation for herself.

Yeah... and considering she eats people... having a sadistic, cannibal assassin on your side is great for moral! Very Happy

Aaaaaand the eerie similarities continue. Next she'll tell me it was once owned by a vampire lord by the name of Kain.

"How did you know?"

:p

"Would you be up to taking up the role in an official capacity? If you're going to do the job you may as well have the recognition you deserve for doing it."

"I would indeed," she replies calmly.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:33 am

Psyckosama wrote:Yeah... and considering she eats people... having a sadistic, cannibal assassin on your side is great for moral! Very Happy

Not normally, no, but ... well, demons.

"How did you know?"

:p

I explain some of the uncanny similarities between works of fiction where I come from and the realities of this place. Some things, I'll just know or realize without too much prompting. Sadly, this also leads to some assumptions that are likely to be wrong.

For instance, can she tell me what happened to the local Kain and how he looks/looked?

"I would indeed," she replies calmly.

"I suppose we have an accord then. What's the protocol on declaring it anyway? Is there some kind of inauguration ceremony. Personally not a big fan, but if we intend to do it right, we might as well go all in. At the very least it should send a message that the household isn't divided."
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Seraph Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:16 pm

Psyckosama wrote:
As you reorient yourself your vision starts to clear.

The pig like one laughs and looks down at you with a vicious smile. "Huh. Well, this one's got balls that's for sure. And here I was hoping to give him a scare."

"Well," a voice from behind you comments, "He seems to have survived the summoning process unharmed. Do not worry, all will be made clear soon."

"Bah,"

The woman frowns and looks over. "Can we throw this one back in favor of a more physically impressive specimen?"

"No."
Oh... So he was just trying to prank me.  I think I won't mention that he certainly did unnerve me as I look over the pig one.

So I have been summoned... and appears it wasn't they didn't exactly choose me specifically as I turn to look at the priest? and female one.  Carefully getting up, I asked the first question that comes to mind.  "So... I've been summoned for some purpose... that seems to prefer a more physical type," I note as I glance towards the beautiful female," What purpose might that be?"

Seraph

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:20 pm

Psyckosama wrote:No, just drunk with power.

Same results only now it's their own damn faults.

Yes. And probably about the same.

Coy  tongue 

She looks pleased. Though you do start to think you need to be careful to ensure you don't end up a puppet.

Like I mentioned before guide and partner I AIN'T planning on being second banana here.

It's their job, and they look pretty worse for wear. After all, they're the ones who are supposed to help you channel your power... and you ALMOST killed yourself

Vague shock and horror at their state, more apologies and thanks for their services.

And they will be helping you meditate. In fact, in the future please don't do this without them present. PLEASE!

"Absolutely, I don't want you hurt any more than is needed. I won't say ever because I know that'd be impossible, but I promise to be more careful from now on."

She knows a number of techniques. She is after all a sorceress of some minor ability.

I'll ask her advice as well.

She eats until she's sick...

And once she's recovered I'll ask her if she knows counter-measures to Dark Elf shenanigans cause I'm expecting trouble from there and what we should do to recognize it happening.

You're not damaged... your Oni handmaidens though look like Kentucky Fired Shit.

See above and see about someone putting them back together. Basically some mild pampering, I did do this to them after all even if it were unintentional.

She looks forward to it.

That's good then, I think I made some progress with her. Now to learn about how to manage this monstrosity that is the demon realm, along with my private work in hand to hand combat and meditation.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:45 am

Rieverre wrote:Not normally, no, but ... well, demons.

In the sarcastic encouragement to succeed way.

You know... "The beatings will continue until moral improves!" way...

I explain some of the uncanny similarities between works of fiction where I come from and the realities of this place. Some things, I'll just know or realize without too much prompting. Sadly, this also leads to some assumptions that are likely to be wrong.

For instance, can she tell me what happened to the local Kain and how he looks/looked?

"He's one of the Vampire overlords... "

OOC lets not overplay this too much...

"I suppose we have an accord then. What's the protocol on declaring it anyway? Is there some kind of inauguration ceremony. Personally not a big fan, but if we intend to do it right, we might as well go all in. At the very least it should send a message that the household isn't divided."

"You'd probably be best to declare your intentions during the great council."

Seraph wrote:
Oh... So he was just trying to prank me.  I think I won't mention that he certainly did unnerve me as I look over the pig one.

So I have been summoned... and appears it wasn't they didn't exactly choose me specifically as I turn to look at the priest? and female one.  Carefully getting up, I asked the first question that comes to mind.  "So... I've been summoned for some purpose... that seems to prefer a more physical type," I note as I glance towards the beautiful female," What purpose might that be?"

She sneers. "To put clothes on, get up, and do as your told..."

The older male sighs. "Your physical type doesn't matter. Please, can you stand?"

Brian Boru wrote:Same results only now it's their own damn faults.

Yeah. Handing people PHENOMENAL COSMIC POWERS always goes well...

Like I mentioned before guide and partner I AIN'T planning on being second banana here.

Heh.

Vague shock and horror at their state, more apologies and thanks for their services.

They volunteered for this, remember...

"Absolutely, I don't want you hurt any more than is needed.  I won't say ever because I know that'd be impossible, but I promise to be more careful from now on."

Sigh of relief...

I'll ask her advice as well.

She hands you a stack of books which somehow includes "Dark Magic Fundamentals for Dummies"

And once she's recovered I'll ask her if she knows counter-measures to Dark Elf shenanigans cause I'm expecting trouble from there and what we should do to recognize it happening.

What kind of Shenanigans? It's not like they can poison or enchant or cruse you. Most they can do is send over a honey pot and hope she's enough to lead you around by the dick.

See above and see about someone putting them back together.  Basically some mild pampering, I did do this to them after all even if it were unintentional.

They don't say no to pampering... they seem to enjoy it.

That's good then, I think I made some progress with her.  Now to learn about how to manage this monstrosity that is the demon realm, along with my private work in hand to hand combat and meditation.

Alright. What would you like to move on to...

maybe some updates of your other stuff? :p

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:47 am

Psyckosama wrote:In the sarcastic encouragement to succeed way.

You know... "The beatings will continue until moral improves!" way...

Figures. A pretty sane approach given the realities of the situation. But for now, her first challenge is literacy. I'll suggest the Lamia start her on familiar topics like poisons and trap-making. There should be some codexes on those in the library and it would give the Arachne further motivation to learn.

"He's one of the Vampire overlords... "

OOC lets not overplay this too much...

"... well, that almost puts me off of this whole affair. If he's anything like the one I'm thinking of he's both vicious and persistent. Still, almost. So, do the records list the part of the armory the Reaver is kept in?"

Time to go back there again. And possibly keep an eye out for any sufficiently evilly awesome maces as we head there.

Might as well roll for that.

"You'd probably be best to declare your intentions during the great council."

"As large a forum as is possible. I like it. Personal antipathy aside, how would they react to not just that but also declaring Blue my partner there? Would that reduce or increase the number of heads I'll likely be cracking?"
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Dice Bot Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:47 am

'd10' : 4

Dice Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Seraph Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:04 am

Psyckosama wrote:
She sneers. "To put clothes on, get up, and do as your told..."

The older male sighs. "Your physical type doesn't matter. Please, can you stand?"
I raise a eyebrow in an annoy glare towards the woman as I carefully stood on my two feet, making everything is in good order.

"There. Things appear fine after the rough ride," I state to the older male, dropping the mild annoyance from earlier.

Seraph

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:47 am

Rieverre wrote:Figures. A pretty sane approach given the realities of the situation. But for now, her first challenge is literacy. I'll suggest the Lamia start her on familiar topics like poisons and trap-making. There should be some codexes on those in the library and it would give the Arachne further motivation to learn.

She's not quite at that level. More... She's more "See Dick Run" at this point.

"... well, that almost puts me off of this whole affair. If he's anything like the one I'm thinking of he's both vicious and persistent.

"Extremely. He's killed several Demon Emperors but was laid low centuries ago. According to the histories the 29th Demon Emperor had him sealed in a obsidian lead casket filled with holy relics, which was then covered in molten lead, then cast into the depths of the sea... he then took his sword for himself."

Still, almost. So, do the records list the part of the armory the Reaver is kept in?"

"The Vault..."

Time to go back there again. And possibly keep an eye out for any sufficiently evilly awesome maces as we head there.

There are afew, but goddamn do they look impractical.

"As large a forum as is possible. I like it. Personal antipathy aside, how would they react to not just that but also declaring Blue my partner there? Would that reduce or increase the number of heads I'll likely be cracking?"

You hear the air FREEZE. "What."

You never stated that idea before now.

Seraph wrote:
I raise a eyebrow in an annoy glare towards the woman as I carefully stood on my two feet, making everything is in good order.

You're wobbly as hell but the pig guy grabs your arm. "Steady now, lad."

"There.  Things appear fine after the rough ride," I state to the older male, dropping the mild annoyance from earlier.

As he starts to lead you out, you see that it is made from roughly hewn rock and crystal, and there is a baleful glowing symbol on the floor...
You are the Demon King... - Page 26 FBW3Gyz

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Seraph Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:55 am

Psyckosama wrote:You're wobbly as hell but the pig guy grabs your arm. "Steady now, lad."

"There.  Things appear fine after the rough ride," I state to the older male, dropping the mild annoyance from earlier.

As he starts to lead you out, you see that it is made from roughly hewn rock and crystal, and there is a baleful glowing symbol on the floor...[/quote]
"Ah. Thanks," I reply the pig guy, expressing my gratitude to him for the support as I steady my balance.

I as notice the symbol on the floor, my thoughts start turning as I deduce that the glowing circle is likely one for summoning. Of course, that presumes the magic of this world is anyway similar to the fantasy fiction of my own. I turn back to the older male, waiting for the explanation that I was told to be forthcoming.

Seraph

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:10 pm

Psyckosama wrote:She's not quite at that level. More... She's more "See Dick Run" at this point.

Well, we all have to start somewhere. I just thought more information on familiar topics could get her to

"Extremely. He's killed several Demon Emperors but was laid low centuries ago. According to the histories the 29th Demon Emperor had him sealed in a obsidian lead casket filled with holy relics, which was then covered in molten lead, then cast into the depths of the sea... he then took his sword for himself."

... somehow I don't see that stopping him forever. Damn you Checkov.

"The Vault..."

Off we go then. Mind, I don't think I have to say it, but better safe than sorry and I tell whoever comes with to not touch anything without knowing exactly what it is. I might be mostly curse-resistant ... them, probably not.

You hear the air FREEZE. "What."

You never stated that idea before now.

"I've not mentioned anything of the sort to her or thought about it as more than something to consider. If I asked her about the specifics I've no doubt I'd get an overwhelmingly positive opinion. I'm looking for drawbacks to the arrangement, so I'm asking you," I then pause for a moment before continuing. "Granted, I phrased that in about the worst way possible, but this seems to be developing into a thing about our interactions."
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:20 am

Psyckosama wrote:Yeah. Handing people PHENOMENAL COSMIC POWERS always goes well...

Absolute power corrupts absolutely and all that I guess.

They volunteered for this, remember...

Doesn't mean I intended them to get lambasted for my stupidity and clumsiness.

Sigh of relief...

Now to try and keep it.

She hands you a stack of books which somehow includes "Dark Magic Fundamentals for Dummies"

I get to reading them when I have the chance.

What kind of Shenanigans? It's not like they can poison or enchant or cruse you. Most they can do is send over a honey pot and hope she's enough to lead you around by the dick.

"Huh and here I thought they had a chronic case of back-stabbing syndrome and I'd be wondering if I should start wearing a backplate at all times."

I accept that for the moment, and if there IS a honey pot offered...well I'm hoping just go thanks for the treat and leave them hanging rather then get caught like an ant.

They don't say no to pampering... they seem to enjoy it.

That was the intention.

Alright. What would you like to move on to...

Well I've got the gist of who the major movers and shakers are in the Demon realm, the royal clan, the dragons, the Oni, and the Dark Elves. How about the other realms? Are there any particular individuals or political bodies I should keep tabs on?

maybe some updates of your other stuff? :p

Alright calm down.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:47 am

ATTENTION ALL

I was out of contact because Skype's trillian functionality no longer works. We need to discuss if its time to switch over to another service.

Seraph wrote:"Ah.  Thanks," I reply the pig guy, expressing my gratitude to him for the support as I steady my balance.

I as notice the symbol on the floor, my thoughts start turning as I deduce that the glowing circle is likely one for summoning.  Of course, that presumes the magic of this world is anyway similar to the fantasy fiction of my own.  I turn back to the older male, waiting for the explanation that I was told to be forthcoming.

"All in due time, but this isn't the place for this conversation."

You're walked up a long flight of steps and through an archway which closes with a wave of the priests hand, hiding it from sight.

You then turn onto a massive hall of black marble, basalt, and obsidian... its huge and ominous. As you walk you see several paintings on the wall.

Such as this one...

You are the Demon King... - Page 26 GSkJB6c

As you walk you see the eyes of the odd guard are on you...

You are the Demon King... - Page 26 QD4r5lA

Rieverre wrote:Well, we all have to start somewhere. I just thought more information on familiar topics could get her to

Gotta crawl before you can walk. Unless you have 8 legs. A lot of stability. Or no legs, then its more getting the timing of your slither right.

... somehow I don't see that stopping him forever. Damn you Checkov.

You get a shrug. "Well, I'm sure he's not going to be at his best if he does manage to get out of the box. 3000 years takes a lot out of a guy"

Off we go then. Mind, I don't think I have to say it, but better safe than sorry and I tell whoever comes with to not touch anything without knowing exactly what it is. I might be mostly curse-resistant ... them, probably not.

You see a number of strange and terrifying weapons against the wall... all of them look rather scary.

But eventually you find yourself looking at this.

You are the Demon King... - Page 26 Soul_reaver_by_Inthrasis

Its rather simple to say that the game is nothing compared to its IRL presence. The sword is a full on great sword, almost two meters tall. The blade lets out a palpable aura of menace and hunger. There is no doubt at all that this blade is vampiric, sucking the life out of its victims to fuel its power. Even now you can feel it tasting the ambient energy... hungering for life to take.

Most people would probably piss themselves just looking at it.

"I've not mentioned anything of the sort to her or thought about it as more than something to consider. If I asked her about the specifics I've no doubt I'd get an overwhelmingly positive opinion. I'm looking for drawbacks to the arrangement, so I'm asking you," I then pause for a moment before continuing. "Granted, I phrased that in about the worst way possible, but this seems to be developing into a thing about our interactions."

"What kind of arrangement..." her eyes narrow.

[quote="Brian Boru"]Absolute power corrupts absolutely and all that I guess.

Pretty much.

Doesn't mean I intended them to get lambasted for my stupidity and clumsiness.

Still, part of the job

"Huh and here I thought they had a chronic case of back-stabbing syndrome and I'd be wondering if I should start wearing a backplate at all times."

I accept that for the moment, and if there IS a honey pot offered...well I'm hoping just go thanks for the treat and leave them hanging rather then get caught like an ant.

"They haven't become as successful as they are by being sloppy. They kill you and the chances are the first thing their successor would do is violently discipline them."

Well I've got the gist of who the major movers and shakers are in the Demon realm, the royal clan, the dragons, the Oni, and the Dark Elves.  How about the other realms?  Are there any particular individuals or political bodies I should keep tabs on?

Which of the realms would you like to start with?

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:40 pm

Psyckosama wrote:Pretty much.

Heh

Still, part of the job

Alright alright.

"They haven't become as successful as they are by being sloppy. They kill you and the chances are the first thing their successor would do is violently discipline them."

"Good to know, so less sleeping with one eye and more make sure to county my fingers after shaking hands with them and keep my coin bag close to the skin."

Which of the realms would you like to start with?

"Let's start with the land of the dead. From what I've managed to gather it's a world of ice and ruled by vampires and liches yes?"
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun 17 Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:55 pm

repost
Silver Sun 17 wrote:
Psyckosama wrote:
Its just him.

"How are you settling in?"
"Better then I expected considering the culture shock actually. though I haven't fully processed the roll I'm to fill yet. Going from a nobody to a head of state can do that to you."

Silver Sun 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:23 am

Psyckosama wrote:Gotta crawl before you can walk. Unless you have 8 legs. A lot of stability. Or no legs, then its more getting the timing of your slither right.

Heh.

You get a shrug. "Well, I'm sure he's not going to be at his best if he does manage to get out of the box. 3000 years takes a lot out of a guy"

I shrug right back. "Vampires can be notoriously quick to recover though. At least in some forms of the mythos I know. Well, if it happens I suppose we'll no. If it doesn't, so much the better."

You see a number of strange and terrifying weapons against the wall... all of them look rather scary.

But eventually you find yourself looking at this.

You are the Demon King... - Page 26 Soul_reaver_by_Inthrasis

Its rather simple to say that the game is nothing compared to its IRL presence. The sword is a full on great sword, almost two meters tall. The blade lets out a palpable aura of menace and hunger. There is no doubt at all that this blade is vampiric, sucking the life out of its victims to fuel its power. Even now you can feel it tasting the ambient energy... hungering for life to take.

Most people would probably piss themselves just looking at it.

I feel a thrill of fanboyish glee. And possibly 'squee' a little.

"More Blood than Soul Reaver then," I start narrating despite myself, in my best Simon Templeman voice. "Still, it holds its own savage elegance. And there is certainly no denying its power."

And then I pick it up.

"What kind of arrangement..." her eyes narrow.

"The supposed partnership. You said the last Emperor who had one was eaten. So I can only assume that he was either in default or there was more to the whole thing than Blue let on. And as I would rather not assume anything at this point, I thought I'd go to the one person I'm reasonably certain can inform me about any related drawbacks or pitfalls of the matter."
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:33 pm

Brian Boru wrote:"Good to know, so less sleeping with one eye and more make sure to county my fingers after shaking hands with them and keep my coin bag close to the skin."

"And making sure you have a noose ready on any rope you give them."

"Let's start with the land of the dead.  From what I've managed to gather it's a world of ice and ruled by vampires and liches yes?"

"Yes. It's not truly the land of the dead, it's a land of Water and Order. It's a realm dominated by ice and cold... frozen islands on vast seas. It's a realm of giants, trolls, sea monsters, and those mortal barbarians brave and hearty enough to tests its cold and seas. The Undead actually are a minority but its cold and orderly realm makes it an idea place to practice their art as both those elements suit the practice of Necormancy well and they are not affected by the extreme conditons."

OOC basically Vikings and Vampires :p

Silver Sun 17 wrote:"Better then I expected considering the culture shock actually. though I haven't fully processed the roll I'm to fill yet. Going from a nobody to a head of state can do that to you."
[/quote]

He nods. "You will have time. There will be a grand assembly of the clans to present them to you, but until then you will have time to accommodate."

Rieverre wrote:I shrug right back. "Vampires can be notoriously quick to recover though. At least in some forms of the mythos I know. Well, if it happens I suppose we'll no. If it doesn't, so much the better."

"Physically, yes. But even for an immortal it takes time to get back into practice with your skills."

I feel a thrill of fanboyish glee. And possibly 'squee' a little.

You get a funny look

"More Blood than Soul Reaver then," I start narrating despite myself, in my best Simon Templeman voice. "Still, it holds its own savage elegance. And there is certainly no denying its power."

Blink.

And then I pick it up.

You feel the tortured maddened spirit within crying our for blood and souls. KILL! FEED! KILL! FEED! KILL! FEED!

"The supposed partnership. You said the last Emperor who had one was eaten. So I can only assume that he was either in default or there was more to the whole thing than Blue let on. And as I would rather not assume anything at this point, I thought I'd go to the one person I'm reasonably certain can inform me about any related drawbacks or pitfalls of the matter."

"Wait, are you saying you want her as your Dragon Mount?" She looks a bit confused. "The reason he was eaten was because he became arrogant and treated his companion as a beast and not a partner. Dragons have a great deal of pride. That said, there are more powerful dragons."

He face twits into a slight frown.

https://i.imgur.com/rrpg4DJ.png

"Just because you want to fuck her doesn't mean its necessarily a good idea to put your live in her claws. She may very well disappoint."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:45 pm

Psyckosama wrote:You feel the tortured maddened spirit within crying our for blood and souls. KILL! FEED! KILL! FEED! KILL! FEED!

Damn ... seems like I was wrong. A variation on both rather than just one, since once it had become the Soul Reaver the blade no longer craved blood.

I test the heft of the sword in my hands, but frown at the blade itself and its constant, crazed barrage of bloodlust.

"Don't suppose it's you in there, Raziel?" I ask, but can't help but feel vaguely disappointed. Certainly, it's a powerful weapon, and the fanboy in me is jumping up and down in glee at the prospect of using it in battle, but ...

... it's annoying. Really annoying. And distracting.

I set it back down where I found it.

"As amusing an exercise as that was, I think I should find something less ... needy."

"Wait, are you saying you want her as your Dragon Mount?" She looks a bit confused. "The reason he was eaten was because he became arrogant and treated his companion as a beast and not a partner. Dragons have a great deal of pride. That said, there are more powerful dragons."

"She made a good first impression when I woke up. If it wasn't staged anyway. You'd know her better than I do," I say and relate my first meeting with Grand Princess Fire Dragon. "And while, as you say, there are more powerful dragons ... one has yet to politely introduce itself to me."

He face twits into a slight frown.

https://i.imgur.com/rrpg4DJ.png

"Just because you want to fuck her doesn't mean its necessarily a good idea to put your live in her claws. She may very well disappoint."

"We've established I consider her to be attractive. If I wanted to _just_ fuck her I would have propositioned her already," I reply, equally droll. "And you, and your cousin, and what I imagine is the majority of the maids on the household staff. My life is already in all of those hands so by that reckoning, I have no reason not to."

Siiigh.

"Regardless, I'll keep your counsel in mind and attempt to approach the matter with due caution and forethought."

Meaning I'll sit on it until and unless something abrupt happens.

Regardless, when I'm on the way back I wait a bit until I'm in a relatively empty corridor and stop, turning my head slightly to address the maid who may or may not have appeared behind my shoulder at that point. "That may have been needlessly crass. I apologize." Then I continue on back to my suite.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:23 pm

Rieverre wrote:Damn ... seems like I was wrong. A variation on both rather than just one, since once it had become the Soul Reaver the blade no longer craved blood.

It feels on lifeforce is is pretty much the point inbetween.

I test the heft of the sword in my hands, but frown at the blade itself and its constant, crazed barrage of bloodlust.

It's not THAT loud. It's just you were not used to it. Basically you've never held a sword with emotion before. It's just kinda... there...

"Don't suppose it's you in there, Raziel?" I ask, but can't help but feel vaguely disappointed. Certainly, it's a powerful weapon, and the fanboy in me is jumping up and down in glee at the prospect of using it in battle, but ...

... it's annoying. Really annoying. And distracting.

Not nearly as bad as you describe.

I set it back down where I found it.

"As amusing an exercise as that was, I think I should find something less ... needy."

"You will find most magical weapons have a... presence. The more powerful the weapon, the stronger the presence. That said, the Soul Reaver is a very powerful weapon..."

"She made a good first impression when I woke up. If it wasn't staged anyway. You'd know her better than I do," I say and relate my first meeting with Grand Princess Fire Dragon. "And while, as you say, there are more powerful dragons ... one has yet to politely introduce itself to me."

"What exactly was that first impression?"

"We've established I consider her to be attractive. If I wanted to _just_ fuck her I would have propositioned her already," I reply, equally droll. "And you, and your cousin, and what I imagine is the majority of the maids on the household staff. My life is already in all of those hands so by that reckoning, I have no reason not to."

"If you'd propositioned her she might have taken offense, though she may have accepted if only to attempt to resurrect the black dragon blood line... and to infuriate me. If you'd propositioned me I'd have been angry but may have accepted with reluctance considering the fact that I'm required to produce your offspring as part of my Duty. If you'd propositioned my cousin she instead would have changed the subject and then gently offered to spar with you... using it as an excuse to beat you half to death for daring to treat her like a common harlot. If you'd propositioned the maids, they would have gently declined and then found a passive aggressive manner with which to punish your presumption."

She pauses, "And this does not mean you can now proposition me and I will happily put out. I want to make one thing clear so there is no misunderstanding. You've made me your vizier. Does this mean that you are willing to accept a power sharing agreement? I know you are the emperor and as much as it grates me, I submit, but as vizier my authority will be second only to yours and my word will carry your full authority? is this correct?"

Assuming a yes.

She nods. "Alright. I understand and can accept this. It is a better offer than I could have expected otherwise. I will accept. Understand that while I do not love you and may never will, I will be loyal... as long as you fulfill your part of the bargain. Is this acceptable?"

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 30 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum